=== issyl0 is now known as Guest65136
=== Guest65136 is now known as issyl0
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== Mkaysi_ is now known as Mkaysi
Davieyutlemming: Are you happy to chair?16:00
utlemmingDaviey: sure16:00
Davieyutlemming: Are you getting my pm's?16:02
MootBotMeeting started at 11:03. The chair is utlemming.16:03
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:03
utlemming[TOPIC] follow up from last meeting16:04
MootBotNew Topic:  follow up from last meeting16:04
utlemmingsommer, j1mc: to look at doc presentation (continued x 2)16:04
utlemmingWhat is the status on the doc presentation?16:04
utlemmingAnd it looks like neither are in...so16:05
utlemming[ACTION] sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation (continued x 3)16:05
MootBotACTION received:  sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation (continued x 3)16:05
utlemming[TOPIC] Oneiric Development16:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Oneiric Development16:06
utlemmingAnyone have any topics here?16:06
DavieyFull cycle tracking: - http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/group/topic-oneiric-server-overview.html16:07
DavieyWe seem to be pretty much on target, with:16:07
DavieyBugs currently being tracked for Oneiric Release: - http://people.ubuntu.com/~davewalker/release-bugs.html16:07
DavieyIf there is a bug you are aware of, or currently working on that isn't on that list - please can you raise it here, or with me afterwards.  Thanks.16:07
DavieySync's/Merges: - http://people.ubuntu.com/~davewalker/server-sid-new.html (We are doing ok!  But please be conservative!)16:07
Daviey(boot experience Clint is currently working hard on)16:08
DavieyLXC is expected to catch up at the LXC sprint.16:08
DavieyAnything else to note?16:08
hallynmeaning don't do any more synca than we feel we really need to?16:08
* hallyn confused16:09
utlemmingDaviey: can you clarify for hallyn?16:10
Davieyhallyn: We just need to start stabilising16:11
DavieyWe can still break stuff, but there is added presure to resolve.16:11
hallynDaviey: oh, i was loking at it a bit differently...16:11
hallynfiguring we should sync to the last possible minute in this cycle,16:11
hallynand be extra-conservative in 12.0416:11
hallynwas particularly hoping not to sync libvirt at all during 12.04 cycle if possible16:12
Davieyhallyn: Well we /can/ do that.. but be more aware of issues it might cause.16:12
* hallyn nods16:12
Daviey(hallyn, note that next cycle may be syncing from debian testing, rather than unstable)16:12
Davieyhallyn: I wonder if we can reduce our delta regarding libvirt?16:13
hallynDaviey: that's not the issue.  (well, it's a bear, but not the issue ;)16:13
DavieyThat seems to be moving quite fast in Debian, and regular sync would be easier if a smaller delta.16:13
hallynit's moving fast upstream.16:14
hallyntoo fast, imo, to safely track during lts cycle.16:14
Davieyhallyn: agreed, we'll discuss that at UDS16:16
jdstrandfwiw, it does move very fast16:17
Davieyjdstrand: We'll nab you for a session regarding core component versioning session at UDS btw :)16:17
Davieyutlemming: I think we can move on.16:17
utlemming[TOPIC] Ubuntu Server Team Events16:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Server Team Events16:17
jdstrandDaviey: cool16:17
* jdstrand quiets down16:17
utlemmingDo we have any events this week?16:18
utlemmingSpamapS (Clint Byrum) will be speaking at OSCON July 2816:19
utlemming[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:19
hggdhany questions for me?16:20
utlemminghggdh: we'll take silence as no questions16:21
Davieyhggdh: None at the moment!16:21
utlemming[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:21
smbNot think there so much updates this week16:21
Davieyone mo16:21
smbFound some missing deps for the xen build which zul is taking care of16:22
smbDaviey, yes?16:22
Davieysmb / utlemming: Any news on bug #791850 ?16:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 791850 in linux (Ubuntu) "oneiric cluster compute instances do not boot" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79185016:22
utlemmingDaviey: beat me to the punch there...16:22
smbDaviey, Not so much from my side, I was using the comment of Amazon looking to provide data as a SEP field16:23
utlemmingThere has been some AWS forum activity going with Oneiric -- so we might need to spend some time there. Amazon reports that the instance dies almost immediately.16:23
Davieyutlemming: I assigned it to you, purely as the point of contact - as you were talking to Amazon about it.16:23
adam_gi've got a question regarding Bug #799630 and similar, where DKMS packages are updated against backported kernels and fail. is this kinda stuff supported, especially on LTS?16:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 799630 in drbd8 (Ubuntu) "package drbd8-source 2:8.3.7-1ubuntu2.1 failed to install/upgrade: drbd8 kernel module failed to build" [Low,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79963016:24
utlemmingYes, I've talked with Amazon a couple of times, but haven't made any in roads there yet.16:24
Davieyutlemming: ok.. what can we do to progress this?16:24
Davieyadam_g: dkms should not build a kernel module if it notices the kernel has a >= to what is in the dkms payload.16:25
utlemmingI'll work with smb on this -- we'll likely need to get a dump on this or repro this in house16:25
Davieyutlemming: sounds good!16:26
utlemming[ACTION] smb and utlemming to work on Bug #79185016:26
MootBotACTION received:  smb and utlemming to work on Bug #79185016:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 791850 in linux (Ubuntu) "oneiric cluster compute instances do not boot" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79185016:26
smbadam_g, I guess at least for LTS and when providing backported kernels I think it should be taken care of16:26
adam_gDaviey: so that mentioned bug looks more like a packaging issue than anything else?16:27
RoAkSoAxadam_g: yes it does, though you'd also have to start updating user-space tools to match the kernel module16:27
Davieyadam_g: can't comment really, first time i've looked at it16:27
DavieyWe'll take it out of meeting.16:27
utlemming[ACTION] Daviey and adam_g to address Bug #79185016:27
MootBotACTION received:  Daviey and adam_g to address Bug #79185016:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 791850 in linux (Ubuntu) "oneiric cluster compute instances do not boot" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79185016:28
utlemmingAny other topics for smb?16:28
smbOk. Otherwise I also don't have more.16:28
adam_gdrbd is one example, but there are other modules that we maintaind out-of-tree and later merged mainline, but in doing so caused out of tree modules to fail to build against later kernels16:28
Davieysmb: thanks!16:28
Davieyadam_g: Yeah, that sounds like a dkms bug, as it should not build.16:28
DavieyThankfully, the dkms upstream is a ubuntu developer - we'll jump on him if we get blocked. :)16:29
adam_gDaviey: ok great, ill be happy to look at it with you later16:29
smbDaviey, just note that in some cases you only have the dkms module16:29
utlemming[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)16:30
utlemmingNCommander: you're up16:31
utlemmingOkay, moving on16:33
utlemming[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:33
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:33
utlemmingAny questions or comments to or from our community?16:34
utlemmingMoving on then16:34
utlemming[TOPIC] Open Discussion16:34
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion16:34
DavieyI have nothing to raise.16:35
* NCommander is here now (sorry, TASP call)16:35
utlemmingNCommander: glad to have you join16:36
utlemmingAny updates for us?16:36
NCommanderUnattended installation with preseeds is now know to work on pandaboard which should help satisfy the requirements of ensebmle16:36
NCommanderIn addition, heavy QA efforts are underway to make sure common sets of server packages work properly on ARM (such as kerberous, ruby-on-rails, etc.)16:37
NCommanderany help with QA testing of any sort would be greatly appericated16:37
DavieyNCommander: Is there docs on using uboot to PXE boot?16:37
DavieyNCommander: Where is the QA effort being co-ordinated?16:38
NCommanderDaviey: more like a loose collection of notes, GrueMaster is the expert on this16:38
NCommanderDaviey: on two specs in LP16:38
DavieyNCommander: I wonder if you'd be able to ask GrueMaster to document this?16:38
* NCommander tries to get the links16:38
NCommanderDaviey: he probably has it documented, I just haven't been around to poke him about it16:39
hallynwiki.ubuntu.com/ArmServer ?16:39
NCommanderhallyn: there's a landing page on the wiki but I don't have a link handy16:39
hallynah ok16:40
DavieyNCommander: This probably needs to be better vocalised.16:40
NCommanderDaviey: the QA bits?16:40
DavieyNCommander: both parts :)16:40
NCommanderI'll make a posting on my blog about it, though I'm unsure how many people actually read it :-(16:40
DavieyNCommander: We'll all read it :)16:41
Davieyit will be well recieved. :)16:41
DavieyThanks NCommander !16:41
utlemming[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time16:43
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time16:43
utlemmingTuesday 2011-08-02 at 1600 UTC here in #ubuntu-meeting16:43
utlemmingThank you everyone and have a good week16:43
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:43.16:43
Davieythanks utlemming16:44
bjf# lets "get 'er done"!17:00
MootBotMeeting started at 12:00. The chair is bjf.17:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:00
bjf## This is the Ubuntu Kernel Team weekly status meeting.17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric17:00
bjf# Meeting Etiquette17:00
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:00
bjf#       'o/' indicates you have something you'd like to add (wait until you are recognized)17:00
bjf[TOPIC] ARM Status (ppisati)17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (ppisati)17:00
ppisatiOneiric/ti-omap4: finally pushed out the first oneiric 3.0 + TI BSP kernel (3.0.0-1200.2), and there's already a BSP update in the pipe.17:00
ppisatiOneiric/tegra: forward ported/triaged around ~600 patches from 2.6.38 to 3.0 - basically video/ and arch/arm/mach-tegra/, plus some glue functions here and there. The kernel doesn't compile yet.17:00
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (ogasawara)17:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (ogasawara)17:01
ogasawara=== Release Metrics ===17:01
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt17:01
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt17:01
ogasawara==== oneiric nominated bugs ====17:01
ogasawara * 26 linux kernel bugs (up 6)17:01
ogasawara==== Ubuntu oneiric-alpha-3 bugs ====17:01
ogasawara * 2 linux kernel bugs (up 2)17:01
ogasawara==== <series>-updates bugs ====17:01
ogasawara * 0 oneiric linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
ogasawara * 22 natty linux kernel bugs (down 1)17:01
ogasawara * 3 maverick linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
ogasawara * 7 lucid linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
ogasawara * 0 hardy linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
ogasawara=== Incoming Bugs ===17:01
ogasawara * 65 oneiric bugs (up 3)17:01
ogasawara * 1425 natty bugs (up 5)17:01
ogasawara * 1092 maverick bugs (down 11)17:01
ogasawara * 927 lucid bugs (down 41)17:01
ogasawara * 32 hardy bugs (down 1)17:01
ogasawara=== Regressions ===17:01
ogasawara==== regression-update bugs ====17:01
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)17:01
ogasawara * 12 natty bugs (up 6)17:01
ogasawara * 41 maverick bugs (down 2)17:01
ogasawara * 74 lucid bugs (down 8)17:01
ogasawara * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:01
ogasawara==== regression-release bugs ====17:01
ogasawara * 1 oneiric bugs (up 1)17:01
ogasawara * 440 natty bugs (down 4)17:01
ogasawara * 242 maverick bugs (no change 0)17:02
ogasawara * 208 lucid bugs (down 9)17:02
ogasawara * 2 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:02
ogasawara==== regression-proposed bugs ====17:02
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)17:02
ogasawara * 2 natty bugs (no change 0)17:02
ogasawara * 1 maverick bugs (down 1)17:02
ogasawara * 0 lucid bugs (no change 0)17:02
ogasawara * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: Oneiric Delta Review (ogasawara)17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: Oneiric Delta Review (ogasawara)17:02
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review17:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review17:02
ogasawaraapw, lag, rsalveti: you have work items to review your set of Ubuntu patches.  I've pushed these out to Alpha-3 for you.  Please take a moment to review when you have a chance. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Specs/KernelOneiricUbuntuDeltaReview for your specific set of patches.  Note, these are the only remaining work items for this blueprint.17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Status: General Oneiric (ogasawara)17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: General Oneiric (ogasawara)17:02
ogasawaraLast week we uploaded the 3.0.0-7.8 kernel.  This most notably enabled overlayfs as well as rebased to upstream v3.0 final.  Alpha-3 is next Thurs, Aug 4th.  I intend to upload our final Alpha-3 this Friday, July 29th.  If there are any patches that need to land for Alpha-3, get them sent to the kt-ml asap.17:03
bjf[TOPIC] Status: CVE's (apw)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: CVE's (apw)17:03
apw=== CVE Metrics ===17:03
apwAfter hitting 0 CVEs open on all branches but Hardy at the start of the week we have seen, one CVE has resurface and 8 new ones have been added.  Luckily a large number of the new CVEs are already fixed in Lucid and later.17:03
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~apw/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt17:03
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~apw/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt17:03
apwCurrently open CVEs for each supported branch:17:03
apw|| Package                                  || Open ||17:03
apw||                                          ||      ||17:03
apw|| linux Hardy                              ||   12 ||17:03
apw|| linux Lucid                              ||    3 ||17:03
apw|| linux Maverick                           ||    3 ||17:03
apw|| linux Natty                              ||    3 ||17:03
apw|| linux Oneiric                            ||    2 ||17:04
apw|| linux-ec2 Lucid                          ||    3 ||17:04
apw|| linux-fsl-imx51 Lucid                    ||    9 ||17:04
apw|| linux-mvl-dove Lucid                     ||    3 ||17:04
apw|| linux-mvl-dove Maverick                  ||    3 ||17:04
apw|| linux-ti-omap4 Maverick                  ||    9 ||17:04
apw|| linux-ti-omap4 Natty                     ||    3 ||17:04
apw|| linux-ti-omap4 Oneiric                   ||    2 ||17:04
apw|| linux-lts-backport-maverick Lucid        ||    3 ||17:04
apw|| linux-lts-backport-natty Lucid           ||    3 ||17:04
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin)17:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin)17:04
sconklin||== Status of kernels ==17:04
sconklin|| This is kernel verifiation,17:04
sconklin|| Kernel status for each series is as follows:17:04
sconklin|| * [[http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html|Detailed Information Here]]17:04
sconklin||=== Hardy ===17:04
sconklin|| * [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/812360|Hardy Tracking Bug]]17:04
sconklin|| * A new kernel is in -proposed, ready for  QA (early)17:04
sconklin||=== Lucid ===17:04
ubottuUbuntu bug 812360 in linux (Ubuntu) "linux: 2.6.24-29.92 -proposed tracker" [Medium,In progress]17:04
sconklin|| * [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/813507|Lucid Tracking Bug]]17:05
sconklin|| * A new kernel was built to include one additional patch, and has completed testing17:05
sconklin||   It is ready to be published17:05
sconklin||=== Maverick ===17:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 813507 in linux (Ubuntu Lucid) "linux: 2.6.32-33.71 -proposed tracker" [High,In progress]17:05
sconklin|| * [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/808934|Maverick Tracking Bug]]17:05
sconklin|| * Kernel in -proposed from the last cycle is awaiting regression testing.17:05
sconklin||=== Natty ===17:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 808934 in Kernel SRU Workflow "linux: 2.6.35-30.56 -proposed tracker" [Undecided,In progress]17:05
sconklin|| * [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/811180|Natty Tracking Bug]]17:05
sconklin|| * Verification has begun for this kernel, with two bugs remaining to be verified17:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 811180 in linux (Ubuntu) "linux: 2.6.38-11.47 -proposed tracker" [Medium,In progress]17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (sconklin)17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (sconklin)17:05
sconklin|| Current Kernel versions are always available here: http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/versions.html17:05
sconklin|| Package                                    || Upd/Sec              || Proposed             ||  TiP || Verified ||17:05
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:05
sconklin|| hardy    linux                             || 2.6.24-29.91         || 2.6.24-29.92         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
sconklin|| lucid    linux-meta-lts-backport-maverick  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
sconklin|| ---      linux-lts-backport-maverick       || 2.6.35-25.44~lucid1  || 2.6.35-30.56~lucid1  ||   22 ||       22 ||17:05
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.34.7               || 1.34.10              ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.32-33.70         || 2.6.32-33.71         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
sconklin|| maverick linux-firmware                    || 1.38.6               || 1.38.8               ||    1 ||        0 ||17:05
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.35-30.54         || 2.6.35-30.56         ||    1 ||        1 ||17:06
sconklin|| natty    linux-meta-ti-omap4               ||                      ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.38    || 2.6.38-10.6          || 2.6.38-11.7          ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    ||                      || 1.52.1               ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.38-10.46         || 2.6.38-11.47         ||   18 ||       16 ||17:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-ti-omap4                    ||                      || 2.6.38-1209.13       ||   10 ||       10 ||17:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:06
bjfthanks everyone17:06
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:06.17:06
kamalthanks bjf17:06
apwbjf thanks17:07
=== ArneGoet1e is now known as ArneGoetje
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== TheDaniel0108 is now known as Daniel0108

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!