=== serfus is now known as Guest40991
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== Guest40991 is now known as serfus
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
NCommander morning15:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:01. The chair is NCommander.15:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:01
NCommandermorning all15:02
NCommanderwho else is here?15:02
* GrueMaster is not15:02
NCommander[topic] Action Item View15:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item View15:03
NCommanderNCommander to postpone ogra's workitems15:03
NCommander[tpoic] NCommander to postpone ogra's workitems15:03
NCommanderco, though now that ogra is here probably irrevelant15:03
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-armel.html15:04
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-armel.html15:04
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-armel-oneiric-alpha-3.html15:04
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-armel-oneiric-alpha-3.html15:04
NCommanderhrm, looks like the burn bot hasn't been run in several days15:04
GrueMasterNCommander: Try http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/canonical-arm-ubuntu-11.10.html15:06
NCommandermorning janimo15:07
GrueMasterAlthough it may have something to do wit hthe group name change.15:07
NCommanderthats probably what broke it15:07
NCommander[action] ogra to repair burn bot for ubuntu-armel -> arm name15:07
MootBotACTION received:  ogra to repair burn bot for ubuntu-armel -> arm name15:07
NCommanderAnyone else want to bring anything else, or can I move on?15:07
ogra_we should just start using status.ubuntu.com ;)15:08
ogra_way more bling :)15:08
janimoI was only looking at that lately15:09
NCommanderstatus.u.c. is great BUT it doesn't show per milestone status15:09
ogra_should have us now15:09
NCommanderogra_: I ddin't take you for a blig guy :-P15:09
ogra_ask GrueMaster what i complained about yesterday when i saw the OMAP wikipage :P15:09
ogra_whats thatz team renaming thing ?15:10
NCommanderogra_: davidm renamed the team from ~ubuntu-armel to ~ubuntu-arml15:10
ogra_am i supposed to know about it ? and if so, why dont i15:10
NCommanderogra_: we probably said something while you were out.15:10
ogra_hmm, i didnt get an LP mail for that15:10
ogra_NCommander, no, but LP should notify me as team admin about such a change, thanks, i'll take care15:11
NCommanderogra_: lets take this offline15:11
NCommander[topic] ARM Server Status (NCommander, Daviey)15:11
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Server Status (NCommander, Daviey)15:11
NCommanderA3 images have been built and tested by our lovely QA tester GrueMaster !15:11
GrueMasterHey, I am anything but lovely.15:12
NCommanderomap4 netboot images are in good shape, but omap3 is suffering from a f-k-i bug so won't be released with A3 and will get fixed with the next f-k remark15:12
GrueMasterOnly the netinstall image.  All other omap images are good to go.15:12
NCommanderIn addition, infinity landed preintsall pool so server images are now 'complete'15:12
NCommanderAny questions or comments on server?15:13
NCommanderif you do, type 'o/' in the channel and I'[ll hold until you type it up15:13
janimodo devel/headless images come back or it is server only?15:14
ogra_its server only15:14
NCommanderwhat ogra said15:14
ogra_headless is just server without anything in the pool15:15
mahmohwhen will we have a server kernel ;)15:15
ogra_NCommander, preseed file support will land on the weekend btw15:15
GrueMasterProbably not until 12.04.15:15
ogra_mahmoh, question for the kernel team i guess :)15:15
NCommanderwhen we have proper divinme intervention and a large dontation of beer to the kernel team15:15
mahmohwho's going to take up the donation pool planning?15:16
NCommanderMy impression is for ARM server images, we'll probably look into that with 12.0415:16
NCommandermahmoh: I recommend buying a beer factory as step one :-)15:16
NCommanderStep two involves building a pipe15:16
cmaginaany one have a truck and a trailer they can load up for UDS for our donation?15:16
mahmohI would suggest that it's critical for O15:16
mahmohdavidm: ^15:16
GrueMastermahmoh: O is only a pipe cleaning for arm server.15:17
NCommandermahmoh: davidm is at LDS, so he's kinda unavailable15:17
NCommandermahmoh: why don't we take the discuss offline and come back with something15:17
ogra_mahmoh, O really depends on hardware availability15:17
mahmohyes it is and that's why we need a server kernel to pipe clean with15:17
ogra_(and our movement forward)15:18
mahmohserver is packaging + kernel <- emphasis here15:18
NCommandermahmoh: I don't want to rathole the meeting so lets bring this up alter15:18
ogra_note that this will double the build time of our kernel15:18
NCommander[action] NCommander and mahmoh to discuss server ARM image variants15:18
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander and mahmoh to discuss server ARM image variants15:18
NCommanderARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, janimo)15:19
NCommanderFTBFS/installability list is not looking happy15:19
NCommander(and as before, please type 'o/' or I will continue on after a minute at teh end)15:19
janimodid the usual give-backs and a sponsored upload, triaged no longer FTBFA bugs out of the Linaro Jam list15:19
NCommanderjanimo: any luck with emacs23?15:20
janimoNCommander, emacs FTBFS is multiarch related, not arm specific15:20
janimothe bug that discussed it did not go far15:20
janimoslangasek commented on it last I think15:20
NCommanderI'll poke it with a spork later15:20
NCommanderwe did have some random odds and ends failures but I'm not too concnered15:21
janimoI set our FTBFS bug as a dup of the original one filed15:21
NCommanderI didn't make any ground with ocaml this week due to doing the release with skaet15:21
janimoNCommander, I was under the impression gcc folk were on the ocaml bug as well15:21
janimobut no progress from there either15:21
janimoI think many of our bugs linger as almost none of the many failures are actually assigned to a particular dev15:22
NCommanderI had a few ideas at monospace about the bug, but I'll have to wait until after release to see if they puter out15:22
NCommanderjanimo: I'll go through an assign FTBFS bugs again in thatcase15:23
janimolikewise FTBFS again, but Illleave that to the likewise/server folk15:23
NCommander[action] NCommander to create/assign FTBFS bugs to ARM team members15:23
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to create/assign FTBFS bugs to ARM team members15:23
janimoNCommander, assigning makes sense, when someone actually knows how to fix it. Sometimes it is clearly our job (random packaging bugs) other times it is Linaro (gcc/glibs errors)15:24
NCommanderI'll go through main bugs nearly next week or Friday depending on how much I move with this release :-)15:24
NCommanderjanimo: lets move on15:24
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:25
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:25
ogra_well, they build15:25
ogra_ac100 should land next week (a bit delayed due to my vacation)15:25
NCommanderServer images are built and working. Ubuntu Desktop A3 also was built and published and tested yesterday, as was ubuntu-core15:25
GrueMasterThere needs to be an iMX5# image soon so that the kubuntu team can do most of their own validation work.15:25
GrueMasterI don't mind testing the image installation on platforms they don't have, but when there are failures in the kde code, the kde bug system tracks it (not launchpad) and someone upstream always hounds me to test more.15:25
NCommanderWe're looking pretty good for A15:26
* ogra_ bows down deeply in front of NCommander and GrueMaster 15:26
ogra_youb guys made a3 happen almost alone !15:26
NCommanderogra_: GrueMaster been turning the testing crank, I've been playing remember manager :-)15:27
GrueMasterDon't I always?15:27
ogra_yeah, i watched that :)15:27
NCommanderanything else or can we move?15:27
ogra_the mx5 images ...15:27
NCommanderinfinity was working on them15:27
ogra_GrueMaster, thats specifically for the 53 or for the efika ?15:27
NCommanderI have no idea of status15:27
GrueMasterWas just going to ask about those.15:28
ogra_NCommander, well, he is (and will stay) busy with hf for a while i guess15:28
NCommander[action] NCommander to follow up with infinity and relative stakeholders on mx5 images15:28
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to follow up with infinity and relative stakeholders on mx5 images15:28
GrueMasterI was told it should work on both.15:28
ogra_GrueMaster, there was an "or" in the question :P15:28
NCommanderWith !infinity, there's nothing else to report here15:28
ogra_ah :)15:28
NCommanderanything else or can I move15:28
* janimo was told I'd work on mx53 images too15:28
ogra_janimo, do you have HW already ?15:29
janimoin Dublin15:29
janimono, davidm sad he'd send it this Monday15:29
ogra_well, just start it then, or pick up where adam had to stop15:29
NCommanderjanimo: poke me or ogra with the sticks of sharpness if you get stuck15:29
NCommanderanyone else?15:29
janimoone I get hw I'll start, sure15:30
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster,mahmoh)15:30
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster,mahmoh)15:30
GrueMasterAlpha 3 testing went through woithout any major hangups, although not as much desktop testing as I would have liked.  This is largely due to the massive undertaking with the server testing.15:30
GrueMasterI have also been asked to do a few small side testing projects which I should have finished by tomorrow.  These are easily slipstreamed into my daily QA work so they won't interfere.15:31
janimoI tested desktop yesterday on panda but would not finish install15:31
ogra_anything we can do to make that better ?15:31
ogra_do you want to share out some testing tasks ? should we assign bits to one of us ?15:32
janimokept restarting from the beginning. But my panda acts weirdly many times so I am not sure it is a bug15:32
GrueMasterA lot of the server tests have required an inordinate amout of research to configure as I have never setup those envirnments before and they aren't tested anywhere else.15:32
GrueMasterIPV6, IPSec (has a kernel bug filed), clusters, etc.15:33
GrueMasterI can run the tests given step by step instructions, and they usually only take an hour or so once I get to that stage.15:34
GrueMasterBut having to figure out what is involved has been the most time consuming.15:34
* NCommander hugs GrueMaster for his testing efforts15:35
janimoGrueMaster, server team takes those for granted and have no explicit testcases right?15:35
NCommanderGrueMaster: anything else or can I move on?15:35
GrueMasterFor the mostpart, yes.15:35
* ogra_ has nothing15:35
mahmohGrueMaster's taking the brunt of the beatings, I've been researching and prioritizing testing, updating the wiki, and submitting u-boot bugs with a focus on pxe boot since that's critical for many of the cloud requirements and server in general, and planning a regrouping, that's all for me15:35
NCommander[topic] Wiki updates15:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Wiki updates15:36
NCommanderJust wnated to thank everyone for the work and effort on cleaning out the wiki15:36
NCommanderespecially now that our meeting pages liveunde rARM and not Mobile15:36
NCommander[topic] AOB15:37
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB15:37
slangasekjanimo: uh?  I'm pretty sure I already fixed the only emacs23 multiarch build failure15:37
NCommanderI'll be in Austin next week. Anyone interested in beers or RL contact can find me there15:37
janimoskype call tonight with people at the Linaro sprint?15:37
ogra_janimo, well, we'll surely have a call15:37
janimoslangasek, that would be great. Although it still FTBFS on arm last build15:37
janimounless you did it yesterday15:37
janimoNCommander, kirkland is there, you can talk server stuff :)15:38
slangasekjanimo: no, last cycle15:38
janimoslangasek, ah. This is the crt1.o & co not found because it is looked for in /usr/lib issue15:38
slangasekjanimo: it's FTBFS on armel only. what bug #?15:39
slangasekyes, I definitely fixed that bug last cycle :)15:39
NCommanderAnything else (use o/ to interrupt)15:39
ubottuUbuntu bug 746510 in emacs23 (Ubuntu Oneiric) "FTBFS Emacs23.2 on Natty from multiarch implemented " [Medium,Triaged]15:39
janimoNCommander, sorry for the tangents here15:39
NCommanderitsa AOB15:40
NCommandertangents allowed :-)15:40
NCommanderJust want to close out if we're done15:40
NCommandergoing once15:40
NCommandergoing twice15:40
NCommandergoing three times15:40
NCommandercya all later15:40
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:40.15:40
janimoslangasek, so on the above bug you had the lat substantial comment15:40
slangasekjanimo: right, I see it - ok, different bug than the one I was remembering, and indeed, that's still broken in oneiric :/15:41
=== med_out is now known as med
=== hggdh_ is now known as hggdh
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== TheDaniel0108 is now known as Daniel0108

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!