micahg\o/ oneiric lightdm doesn't work without unity greeter :P17:11
pleia2oh dear17:11
madnickcharlie said we are gonna use the unity greeter, but modified to display sessions in the panel17:14
micahgmadnick: hmm, why not use the GTK greeter modifieD>17:15
micahgunity greeter depends on libindicate17:15
madnickmicahg: I wanted to make a modified gtk greeter17:15
madnickbut charlie wanted the unity one17:16
micahgeh, I suppose that we have the dependency already17:16
madnickwhen i looked at the unity greeter source17:16
madnickeverything was pretty much hardcoded17:16
madnicki do not like that17:16
madnickthe only things missing from the unity greeter in xubuntu is some stock icons, a bg and moving the session list to the panel17:18
GridCubehello people20:44
GridCubeToday's my brother birthday so I wont be able to attend the meeting, please share my progress on the TOP 10 FAQ  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HyhsMPDyyN-mRWRujfZX3JuKX9aWFQPWsxMEiJX99gQ/edit20:47
micahgGridCube: thanks20:48
GridCubethe first link was broken20:50
GridCubemicahg, thanks :)20:53
charlie-tcaXubuntu community meeting in #xubuntu-devel in 64 minutes. Everyone is invited to attend. Agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings20:56
charlie-tcalive session auto-login works using today's images.21:08
charlie-tcaThank you! whoever made that work. We also only have two sessions today, xfce and xubuntu.21:08
* micahg thinks that was mr_pouit's upload of xubuntu-defailt-settings21:11
micahgbut unity-greeter is needed to login now :(21:11
charlie-tcaEven the encrypted whole drive install worked21:11
charlie-tcaIs that what we got now?21:12
charlie-tcamadnick is going to fix that, right?21:12
charlie-tcano? unity-greeter?21:12
micahgwell, we have lightdm-gtk-greeter seeded and I had seb128 fix the recommends so we would get the gtk greeter again, but unity-greeter seems to be hardcoded now21:12
charlie-tcamadnick is building us a xubuntu-greeter21:12
charlie-tcaI see21:13
charlie-tcaseems like every step forward pushes us back again21:13
* micahg isn't sure if we're just missing a conf file or if it's not customizable21:13
charlie-tcaI think we are missing a conf file. We are supposed to be able to replace unity-greeter with our own 21:14
charlie-tcaThe difference from Friday's images to todays images is big! We got things working, at least21:14
micahgwell, I can't look into it today, I need to catch up on work, I should be around for the meeting though21:15
charlie-tcaI was going to skip today, but I guess I will be around too21:15
charlie-tcamicahg: no, unity-greeter can not be hard coded. seb128 been following our lightdm bugs closely, and has assured me we can put our own settings in now and over-ride Ubuntu settings21:20
charlie-tcaI am seeing a different login screen today than friday, too. It has the old gdm user list centered on a dark blue background, instead of the all black background with the names offset to the left.21:42
charlie-tcamicahg: unity-greeter Installed: (none) 21:43
charlie-tcafresh install using today's image21:44
charlie-tcaapt-cache policy lightdm-gtk-greeter Installed: 0.9.3-0ubuntu321:46
micahgI guess something's not right with my install then21:46
charlie-tcaYeah, friday's images were bad, too, for that. They were using unity-greeter21:47
charlie-tcaThe problem is, when they change these files around, they do not fix the "already installed" user base files21:48
madnickmeeting time? :)22:01
meetingologyMeeting started Sun Aug 14 22:02:21 2011 UTC.  The chair is charlie-tca. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.22:02
meetingologyUseful Commands: #topic #action #link #idea #voters #vote #chair #action #agreed #help #info #endmeeting.22:02
charlie-tca#link The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings22:02
charlie-tcaI hope that works, anyway22:02
charlie-tca* Old business22:03
charlie-tca* Team updates22:03
charlie-tca  * Packaging & Development22:03
charlie-tca  * Bug Triage & Testing22:03
charlie-tca  * Website & Marketing22:03
charlie-tca  * Artwork22:03
charlie-tca  * Documentation22:03
charlie-tca* Announcements22:03
charlie-tca* Governance structure22:03
charlie-tca* Any Other Business22:03
charlie-tcaReminder:   please use ".." on separate line when you've finished typing.   If someone wants to comment during the updates, please "o/", so we know to wait.22:03
charlie-tca#topic Old business22:04
meetingologyTOPIC: Old business22:04
charlie-tca* GridCube to put together the "TOP 10" for Xubuntu - In-work22:04
charlie-tcaGridCube: update on this?22:04
micahg[15:49] <GridCube> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HyhsMPDyyN-mRWRujfZX3JuKX9aWFQPWsxMEiJX99gQ/edit?hl=es22:04
charlie-tcaVery nice! Thanks for working on those, GridCube 22:05
charlie-tcaThank you for the link, micahg 22:05
charlie-tca * madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - In-work22:05
GridCube:) ok22:05
charlie-tcamadnick: update? 22:05
GridCubei meant, you are welcome22:05
charlie-tcaIf you haven't heard yet, today's images are the ones to grab to see how lightdm is working for us22:05
madnickIm not sure, because you told me that we should pretty much use the unity greeter 22:06
charlie-tcaWe no longer have unity-greeter, but are using lightdm-gtk-greeter today22:06
charlie-tcaoh, confusion then?22:06
charlie-tcahello, ChristopherNG 22:06
madnickWell, the confusing is, should i modify that22:07
madnickOr should I wait for final words :)22:07
charlie-tcamadnick: if it is easier to take unity-greeter and rebuild it for us, you can do that. If it is easier to write your own, that is fine too22:07
charlie-tcaI leave it up to you. I will be happy with either solution.22:07
charlie-tcaI just don't want a stupid gear to click for sessions22:08
madnickWell, I can do either, I just need a good theme, Im working on a draft, but i really like knome or oschi to tell me where they stand on the matter22:08
madnickI know knome wanted to center the unity greeters login box22:09
madnickAnd I know you wanted to move / fix the session stuff22:09
charlie-tcaOkay. That will be fine. Seeing that we just got something to work with, we should be able to get freeze exceptions to get it in, if we really need them.22:09
madnickOkay :)22:10
charlie-tcaWhat do you think would be best? offset or centered?22:10
madnickIm not sure, I like the current style of it22:10
madnickThe positions*22:10
micahgUI freeze is in a week and a half22:11
charlie-tcaThen you can put them there. We can change it if the users hate it for the next release.22:11
madnickOkay, ill set that up in the week that follows22:11
charlie-tcaPress on, put the list where you like it, but give me a sessions text please.22:11
charlie-tcaIf knome don't like it, well, we can work with him on that. But I think you have a good grasp on it, and will let you build it for this release. 22:12
charlie-tcaGo for it, please22:13
madnickokay, thanks :)22:13
charlie-tcaAny other comments or questions on old business?22:13
ChristopherNGHello, I hate to say something because im very new here, I was actually at the last meeting but remained silent.22:13
charlie-tcago ahead22:13
ChristopherNGI would like to confirm if xubuntu has an "add monitor" button like ubuntu and if not will it ever add one?22:13
charlie-tcawhere would it be?22:14
ChristopherNGdisplay settings22:14
ChristopherNGi see it in ubuntu, never seen it for xubuntu22:14
charlie-tcaNever seen it, maybe it is something from gnome instead of gtk22:14
charlie-tcaWe will not have one unless Xfce adds one to the settings panel22:15
charlie-tca#topic === Team updates ===22:15
meetingologyTOPIC: === Team updates ===22:15
charlie-tca#topic ==== Packaging & Development ====22:16
meetingologyTOPIC: ==== Packaging & Development ====22:16
charlie-tcamr_pouit: Your turn, please22:16
charlie-tcamicahg: Got an update?22:17
micahglast week we got a few updates from Debian22:17
micahgmr_pouit uploaded a new xubuntu settings package22:17
micahgwe still have a couple of transitions to do (dh_python2 and libssl)22:18
charlie-tcaWe have pastebinit seeded, right?22:18
charlie-tcaand the big questions, a few bugs still to work on:22:18
micahgwe're at 700MB onthe i386 live ISO ATM22:18
charlie-tcaBug #799754 Please let vendors easily provide their own config22:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 799754 in lightdm (Ubuntu) "Please let vendors easily provide their own config" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79975422:18
charlie-tcaIs this fixed for us now?22:18
charlie-tcaBug #799514 xubuntu-restricted-extras doesn't contain Java - non-default repository22:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 799514 in ubuntu-restricted-extras (Ubuntu) "xubuntu-restricted-extras doesn't contain Java" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79951422:19
charlie-tcajava is part of partners now, I don't know if we can add it to the package22:19
charlie-tcasince partners is not enabled by default22:19
micahgso, there are 2 parts, right, adding sun-java is complicated for that reason22:20
micahgopenjdk is in there right now though22:20
micahgUbuntu can't seed openjdk due to space22:20
charlie-tcaSo we should be able to sign that bug off with that 22:20
charlie-tcaWe are close on space again. 386 desktop is now 700mb22:21
micahgcharlie-tca: well, in theory, I guess we could at least suggest a partner package in xubuntu-restricted-extras, I didn't ask about that specifically22:21
charlie-tcaIf partner is not turned on by default, the user will have to specifically add it or we will get a broken package report, won't we?22:22
micahghmm, I don't think so, on a suggests it for sure won't be a problem, gmusicbrowser suggests a package we dropped from the archive22:22
charlie-tcawait, if we provide openjdk, we don't need to provide sun java also22:23
charlie-tcaWe give the user one of those, not both22:23
charlie-tcago ahead, madnick 22:23
madnickopenjdk cannot really measure with sun-java22:23
micahgwell, openjdk is already in the restricted-addons package, the question was to actually see it or not, the reporter thought that sun-java made more sense in a restricted addons metapakcage22:23
charlie-tcabut it is considered a valid open source replacement22:24
charlie-tcamicahg: that is wishlist then. I don't think we should seed sun java.22:24
micahgno, we wouldn't seed sun-java, we could seed openjdk if we had the space and desire to though22:24
charlie-tcaYes, let's get things settled down, and see if that is possible. 22:25
charlie-tcaIf we don't get it for Oneiric, that's not a problem, though.22:25
charlie-tcaand, my last bug:22:26
charlie-tcaBug #789333 users-admin crashes on start because of mixed GTK2 and 3 symbols - we are the fix team if we plan to use this for the gui settings.22:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 789333 in gnome-system-tools (Ubuntu) "users-admin crashes on start because of mixed GTK2 and 3 symbols" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78933322:26
charlie-tcaIf we aren't fixing this, we need to remove menu item22:26
charlie-tcamr_pouit: any comment on this?22:27
micahgwell, if we can't remove the dependency on the ported to GTK3 libraries, we'd have to drop it in favor of something else (if it exists)22:27
micahgor upload another copy of the GTK2 versions of those libs22:28
charlie-tcaIf nothing else exists, then users will have to use the CLI22:28
charlie-tcaAny other comments or questions for Development?22:29
micahgmythbuntu, ubuntustudio, and lubuntu are all in the same boat, we should probably have a collective meeting about it22:29
charlie-tcaGood idea, but that takes you and mr_pouit, right?22:29
* astraljava would probably attend as well22:30
micahg+ gilir, superm1, scottl22:30
charlie-tcaoh, and let's not forget, astraljava would like to help with development too22:30
charlie-tcaOkay, who is going to set that up?22:31
micahghmm, I probably should I guess22:32
charlie-tca[ACTION] micahg will set up meeting with derivatives to decide what to do with bug 78933322:32
meetingologyACTION: micahg will set up meeting with derivatives to decide what to do with bug 78933322:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 789333 in gnome-system-tools (Ubuntu) "users-admin crashes on start because of mixed GTK2 and 3 symbols" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78933322:32
charlie-tcaOkay, include astraljava 22:33
charlie-tca#topic ==== Bug Triage & Testing ====22:33
meetingologyTOPIC: ==== Bug Triage & Testing ====22:33
charlie-tcaWe got working images!22:33
charlie-tcaVery hard to test things when we don't get images all week22:34
charlie-tcatoday's images appear to be working fully. 22:34
charlie-tcaAny body that can test these this next week, please do so. We need to find out now what is working and what is broken.22:34
charlie-tcamadnick: is plymouth ready to add to the images?22:35
madnickcharlie-tca: yes and no:22:35
madnickoschi did not like it 100% knome said he'd think of something, but i have not recvied any word on it22:35
charlie-tcaWe got to have that next week22:36
charlie-tcaI can't throw a new plymouth out for final, and then find out it don't work for most users 22:36
madnickperhaps we could get people to look into what they think22:36
madnickOh, it works technically22:36
madnickIts artistically they dont like it22:36
madnickwell, "Not like", they wanted to change the progress bar22:37
charlie-tcaWell, I would lean more to what ochosi thought at this point. 22:37
madnickProblem is that ochosi is away22:37
charlie-tcaokay, let's wait for them to do something. If we don't get them to decide, though, it may wind up waiting for the next release.22:38
madnickOkay, it be too bad, because its just a little detail :(22:39
charlie-tcayes, but a little detail is holding it up for at least two weeks already, right?22:39
madnickYes, unfortunetly22:39
charlie-tcaI still can't get it to work here, except for shutdown22:39
madnickWell, that is a plymouth problem, in that plymouth application itself, not sure if there is anything to do about that22:40
madnickThe script I wrote works on all machines that usually get a splash22:40
madnickWe are several versions behind on plymouth also22:41
charlie-tca!info plymouth22:41
ubottuplymouth (source: plymouth): graphical boot animation and logger - main package. In component main, is required. Version 0.8.2-2ubuntu23 (natty), package size 110 kB, installed size 476 kB22:41
charlie-tca!info plymouth oneiric22:42
ubottuplymouth (source: plymouth): graphical boot animation and logger - main package. In component main, is required. Version 0.8.2-2ubuntu25 (oneiric), package size 119 kB, installed size 500 kB22:42
charlie-tcaThose aren't the latest, huh?22:42
madnickNow Im unsure about that22:43
charlie-tcaOkay, try and get those two artists to give you something. I need this plymouth package ready by the next meeting22:43
charlie-tcaI think ochosi is back Monday, but I am unsure22:44
charlie-tcaDoes anyone besides me find the bug tracker at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot handy?22:44
charlie-tcaI seem to find myself looking at that daily22:45
astraljavaLooks handy indeed. Just didn't know about it until now.22:45
charlie-tca#topic ==== Website & Marketing ====22:45
meetingologyTOPIC: ==== Website & Marketing ====22:45
charlie-tcapleia2, knome : any update?22:45
charlie-tca#topic === Announcements ===22:46
meetingologyTOPIC: === Announcements ===22:46
charlie-tca * The next meeting will be on Sunday, 2011-08-22 at 19:00 UTC22:46
charlie-tca * Important dates coming up:22:46
charlie-tca  * 11.10 FeatureFreeze : In effect as of August 11, 2011 at 21:00 UTC22:46
charlie-tca  * 11.10 BetaFreeze: Aug 25, 2011 at 21:00 UTC22:46
charlie-tca  * User Interface Freeze : August 25, 2011 at 21:00 UTC22:46
charlie-tca  * 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 201122:47
charlie-tca  * UDS-P will be in Orlando, Florida the week of October 31 - Nov 4. Please apply for sponsorship by August 24.22:47
charlie-tca  * UDS-P information at http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/07/15/ubuntu-developer-summit-sponsorship-now-open-2/22:47
charlie-tcaThik I covered all the important ones there22:47
charlie-tca#topic === Xubuntu Governance ===22:47
meetingologyTOPIC: === Xubuntu Governance ===22:47
charlie-tca=== Xubuntu Governance ===22:47
charlie-tca * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure22:48
charlie-tcaSince I have gotten a couple of comments/questions concerning the proposed, the review period will run one more week. 22:48
charlie-tca#topic === Any Other Business ===22:49
meetingologyTOPIC: === Any Other Business ===22:49
charlie-tcaanything can be brought up at this time. 22:49
charlie-tcaAre there any comments or questions still out there?22:49
charlie-tcaI will thank each and every one of you for participating in this meeting.22:50
charlie-tcaWe will meet again right here in one week.22:50
micahgerr, 8 days :)22:50
charlie-tcaum, okay, just over one week22:51
charlie-tcaanything at all?22:51
charlie-tcaLet's go get something done. 22:51
meetingologyMeeting ended Sun Aug 14 22:51:36 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot . (v 0.1.4)22:51
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/xubuntu-devel/2011/xubuntu-devel.2011-08-14-22.02.moin.txt22:51
micahgthanks charlie-tca 22:51
charlie-tcaThank you22:51
astraljavaWait, what?22:52
charlie-tcamadnick: I know, I know. getting pushy22:52
astraljavaSunday's not 22nd.22:52
charlie-tcaShould be Monday next time22:52
charlie-tcaLet's keep it a little bit confusing, right? ;)22:52
astraljavaHehe. :D22:52
astraljavaOkay, off to bed. Later!22:53
charlie-tcaGood night22:53
charlie-tcamr_pouit is back, but must be busy, I see he removed the away today.22:54
ChristopherNGis the meeting over?22:56
ChristopherNGthat was really short :(22:56
* madnick is getting awesome download speed on todays images :)22:56
charlie-tcarub it in... ;)22:56
charlie-tca386 alternate install gives a beautiful pink lightdm screen22:57
ChristopherNGits on charlie-tca you have all the hershey bars22:57
madnickIll put this on my devstation, and start building the LDM greeter22:57
charlie-tcaat least 64bit had blue backgrounds22:57
madnickwhats a aLinux? :)23:34
* madnick files bug report23:34
charlie-tca a what?23:38
madnickadditonal drivers wants to install "support for aLinux host" 23:39
madnickJust a typo23:39

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!