=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== MaWaLe is now known as UBot-Tn
=== UBot-Tn is now known as MaWaLe
=== Amaranthus is now known as Amaranth
=== Mkaysi_ is now known as Mkaysi_|ZNC
=== Mkaysi_|ZNC is now known as Mkaysi
=== evilserfus is now known as serfus
=== Mkaysi is now known as Mkaysi|ZNC
* slangasek waves15:00
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Aug 17 15:02:03 2011 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.15:02
meetingologyUseful Commands: #topic #action #link #idea #voters #vote #chair #action #agreed #help #info #endmeeting.15:02
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round15:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
meetingologyTOPIC: lightning round15:02
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e cjwatson barry doko stgraber jhunt mvo ev bdmurray slangasek)15:02
slangasekdoko barry mvo cjwatson bdmurray jhunt stgraber ev slangasek15:02
slangasekdoko_: what's new in the world of lightning?15:04
doko_ouch, barry, can you go first?15:05
barrybug 788514 completed! (dh_python2 transition); investigated bug 816169; fixed bug 826795; fixed bug 824734 (upstream, doko merged); debian bug 633015 (sys.platform == 'linux2'); recovered from fglrx folly; done.15:05
barry 15:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 788514 in totem (Debian) "python packages on the CDs not using dh_python2" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78851415:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 816169 in ensemble (Ubuntu) "When using Ensemble, add-apt-repository no longer functions properly" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81616915:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 826795 in mailman (Debian) "Python dependencies are missing" [Unknown,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82679515:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 824734 in python2.7 (Ubuntu Oneiric) "locale.normalize does not accept unicode: TypeError in normalize(): character mapping must return integer, None or unicode" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82473415:05
ubottuDebian bug 633015 in python2.7 "when built on Linux 3.0, sys.platform = "linux3" causes multiple problems" [Important,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/63301515:05
mvoapt: work on the automatic tests, review debdelta diff for SoC, add support into auto-upgrade-tester for Apt::Immediate-configure-all=true; run tests against new ordering apt-chris branch and ping-pong problems with him, add the architectures to the mirror method querry string, merge fixes from debian/donkult15:06
mvoaptdaemon: debug/fix #819328, debug/fix crash #82505615:06
mvosoftware-center:  work on lp:~mvo/software-center/sortable-app-tree-view, review lp:~alexeftimie/software-center/packagekit-backend, review/merge review https://code.launchpad.net/~pitti/software-center/gi-fixes, upload new version, fix AUTHORS file merging into about dialog, debug/fix bug in private-dbus test scenario port to gir1.2-gmenu-3.0, debug/fix race in exhibits fetcher, lp:~mvo/software-center/gtk3-install-progress-autotest, fix bu15:06
mvog in treeview search , add test for it, debug gtkbuilder issue with spacing all wrong, submit bug #825173 with testcase, fix crash in gtk3 when a transaction finishes15:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 825173 in gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu) "spacing issues with GtkTable in gtk3" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82517315:06
mvosoftare-properties: fix bug in add-apt-repository for PPAs15:06
mvoapt-ddtp: updated15:06
slangaseka question came up on IRC the other day about what to do for packages that are still being backported to hardy, where we'll never have dh_python2... heh15:06
mvoupdate-manager: review/merge +lp:~brian-murray/update-manager/tag-dist-upgrade,enable multiarch on upgrade, do not try to install reqired foreign arch packages,,  review/merge https://launchpad.net/bugs/82495715:06
ubottuUbuntu bug 824957 in update-manager "[gtk3] right-click context menu for links no longer works" [Undecided,New]15:06
mvoubuntu-vm-builder: drive-by fixup in the packaging and upload new version15:06
mvocommand-not-found: review/merge lp:~julien-nicoulaud/command-not-found/fix-zsh-hook15:06
mvomisc: write sqlite3-debversions plugin for a debversion collate function15:06
barryslangasek: heh15:06
doko_well, at some time you have to make a cut, then these people have to take care about two packaging variants15:08
doko_- more JamVM updates15:09
doko_- integrate ARM hard float patches into eglibc, libffi, gcj15:09
doko_- testing for Linaro GCC 4.5 and 4.6 release; powerpc and ARM15:09
doko_- adjust linker flags for ghc and ocaml15:09
doko_- fix some build failures15:09
doko_- GCC bug triage15:09
doko_- started test rebuild15:09
cjwatsonCleaned up highly amusing live filesystem build failures due to livecd-rootfs having been accidentally removed from the build chroots.15:10
cjwatsonReleased initial version of syslinux-themes-ubuntu, which is enough to support localised image building.15:11
cjwatsonWorking on testing and client-side scripting for new native source sync facility; this is now open to developers and we should be able to announce it soon, modulo a few bugs (mostly presentational issues).  Looking forward to not having to process the sync queue quite so much!15:11
cjwatsonTrying to cut down the NBS queue.  This is taking a while; I've been ending up chasing down the mess that the EFL library stack is in (FFes #828033 and #828004), and also openswan/strongswan and various other bits and pieces.15:11
cjwatsonFixed up ntfs-3g seeds and dependencies in a few places.15:11
cjwatsonChased down bug constructing -security entries in sources.list during installation (#820306), requiring SRUs.15:11
cjwatsonContinuing to push various Launchpad changes up the hill.  RT#47132 is involving some back-and-forth.15:11
barrysync'ing \o/15:11
bdmurrayImplemented DuplicateSignature's for apport-package bug reports and a package-conflict tag in apport15:11
bdmurrayapport upload preventing reporting of bugs where the conflicting package is not an Ubuntu one15:11
bdmurrayCreated duplicate signatures for existing apport-package install failures and marked approximately 200 bug reports as duplicates15:12
bdmurrayTagged existing package-conflict bug reports in Launchpad15:12
bdmurrayupdated ubiquity source package apport hook to detect I/O errors on CD drives15:12
bdmurraybug triage of ubiquity bug reports (looking for I/O errors on CD drives and testing a duplicate signature using tracebacks in syslog files)15:12
bdmurraybug pattern writing for bug 825786 and bug 79845915:12
bdmurraycreated a packages with recent bugs report - http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/foundations-bugs/recent-package-bugs.html15:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 825786 in gst-plugins-bad0.10 (Ubuntu Oneiric) "package gstreamer0.10-camerabin (not installed) failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin.so', which is also in package gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad 0.10.22-2ubuntu1" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82578615:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 798459 in nspluginwrapper (Ubuntu) "package nspluginwrapper 1.2.2-0ubuntu9 failed to install/upgrade: sub-processo script post-installation instalado retornou estado de saída de erro 134" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79845915:12
jhuntHoliday last week. This week working on Upstart job logging feature.15:13
barryjhunt: you and your fancy unicodes :)15:13
barry:) /me goes old skool15:14
ev- Fighting camerabin move from gstreamer-plugins-bad to gstreamer-plugins-good15:14
ev- Fixing Wubi disk image first stage bootloader15:14
ev- Fixing dependency issues and other weirdness around the PyGI ubiquity15:14
ev- Fixes to webcam and wireless pages15:14
slangasekis that fight ongoing?15:16
doko_still in component mismatches15:17
slangasekev: is it just a buildsystem wiring problem?15:18
evit's just silly copy and paste mistakes on my part15:18
evand the insanely long time it takes to build gstreamer on my machine15:18
slangasek* helped a bit with the stragglers on bug #78851415:19
slangasek* pushed through a set of FFe multiarch library uploads to get flashplugin and skype multiarch-ready for this cycle15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 788514 in totem (Debian) "python packages on the CDs not using dh_python2" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78851415:19
slangasek* spent some time vivisecting ia32-libs15:19
slangasek* vowed to remove ia32-libs from the archive as soon as P opens15:19
slangasek* got cron rebuilt with a current debhelper, so that it would stop launching in my chroots now that upstart chroot passthrough support works15:19
slangasekAny questions?15:20
slangasekbdmurray says no bug updates for this week15:22
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB15:22
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
meetingologyTOPIC: AOB15:22
slangasekanything else you'd like to get off your chest?  Now's the time :-)15:22
mvoplease test software-center-gtk3 if you feel like it and let me know about problems15:22
barryanybody else seeing higher than normal timeouts from launchpad?15:22
doko_demotions ... I assume we can demote a whole lot of java packages15:23
mvoits just part of the normal software-center packages and should just work(tm)15:23
slangasekI haven't been seeing any timeouts... have they lowered the threshold again?15:23
barryslangasek: dunno, i'm being ignored on #launchpad-dev :)15:23
barryslangasek: can you try this one: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+search?text=chromium-browser15:23
slangasekthat means they're running around fixing whatever they broke, right? :)15:23
mvoI did see some timeouts on LP, but not more than usually15:24
evsoftware-center-gtk3> MY EYES15:24
doko_barry: were some internal tools ported to python3? or should I ask, mvo, ev, pitti, ...15:24
mvoev: haha, the yellow in the banner? or the general UI?15:24
barrymy god it's full of stars15:24
bdmurraybarry: it timed out for me15:24
mvodoko_: I prepared some stuff, but hit various roadblocks (like pygi ;)15:24
barrybdmurray: thanks15:25
slangasekbarry: confirmed the timeout - that's not something I would normally use though, what does a search in "Ubuntu" return for that?15:25
barryslangasek: it would return a package containing packages and upstream branches, etc.15:25
slangasekdoko_: did something change in javaland that will let us demote a bunch of packages?15:25
slangasekbarry: ah15:25
evI haven't ported anything to python315:25
mvocould I get a sync for "python-coverage" using the new LP feature? or is it not quite the right time yet for tihs?15:25
doko_slangasek, eucalyptus15:25
cjwatsonmvo: not ready for everyone to do it, but I'm sure I could use another beta tester :)  I'll send you instructions by /msg15:26
mvoI hit the issues that py3 will require the GI dbus and that is not fully done yet last I heared15:26
slangasekmvo: <span font_desc="bold 34">Title</span> doesn't look quite right :)  (clicking on "Moovida Me...")15:26
mvocjwatson: great, thanks!15:26
slangasekdoko_: oh, sure :)15:26
slangasekmvo: also: consistent misuse of "Its" vs. "It's" in the banners15:27
barryyeah, the python3 porting project didn't get off the ground this cycle as much as i wanted15:27
mvoslangasek: moovida> oh, I haven't seen this one yet, could you do a screenshot for me15:27
mvoslangasek: its> don't let germans write text, see e.g. nietsche for how this ends15:27
slangasekyes, will screenshot :)15:28
* mvo should actually learn to type too15:28
slangasekmvo: http://people.canonical.com/~vorlon/software-center-gtk-your-markup-is-showing.png15:30
mvoslangasek: oh, woah. this looks like nothing at all is initialized yet for some reason, that is not intended15:31
mvoslangasek: anything suspicious in the terminal or ~/.xsession-errors from s-c-gtk3?15:31
bdmurraythe reviews for vlc are taking a very long time to load15:31
slangasek2011-08-17 08:23:39,806 - softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.em - INFO - EM's: 17 15 2115:32
slangasek2011-08-17 08:23:46,438 - softwarecenter.backend.reviews - WARNING - Could not get usefulness from server, no username in config file15:32
slangasek2011-08-17 08:23:57,182 - softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app - INFO - software-center-agent finished with status 115:32
slangasekmvo: ^^ that's it15:32
slangasekbdmurray: are they video reviews15:32
bdmurrayslangasek: no those are on youtube15:32
mvoslangasek: thanks, odd that. is it reproducable?15:33
slangasekmvo: hmm.  no!15:33
mvobdmurray: thanks! but they show up eventually ?15:33
slangasekmvo: restarted, now it renders correctly15:33
mvoslangasek: the best kind of bugs :/15:33
bdmurraymvo: no, no reviews have shown up15:34
mvothanks a bunch for this, but I don't want to hijack this meeting with this :)15:34
mvobdmurray: thanks, I check if I can rperoduce15:34
mvoreproduce even15:34
slangasekmvo: enjoy :)15:34
slangasekI think that's about everything then, yes?15:35
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology is the new Mootbot https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Aug 17 15:36:04 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot . (v 0.1.4)15:36
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-08-17-15.02.moin.txt15:36
slangasekyes :)15:36
slangasekthanks, all15:36
barrythanks slangasek!15:36
=== Mkaysi|ZNC is now known as Mkaysi
hggdhQA meeting will start in 30 seconds16:59
hggdhanybody here for it? jibel, patrickmw, Ursinha, pedro, any others?17:00
UrsinhaI am17:00
hggdhand gema :-)17:00
Ursinhanot printing17:00
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Aug 17 17:00:32 2011 UTC.  The chair is hggdh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.17:00
meetingologyUseful Commands: #topic #action #link #idea #voters #vote #chair #action #agreed #help #info #endmeeting.17:00
hggdh[TOPIC] Previous Actions17:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Previous Actions
meetingologyTOPIC: Previous Actions17:01
* charlie-tca waves17:01
hggdhany previous actions? I am not aware of any17:01
charlie-tcano previous actions that I can think of17:01
hggdhBTW, apology from bdmurray, not available tonight17:01
hggdh[TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing17:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Community Efforts/Testing
meetingologyTOPIC: Community Efforts/Testing17:02
hggdhpedro is not available either, BTW.17:02
hggdhanything on community efforts?17:02
jibelIt's not like if they were in the same timezone as me ;)17:03
jibelHey all o/17:03
jibelNothing special this week, just a few dates:17:03
jibelOneiric Beta 1 testing will start in less than 2 weeks:17:03
jibel#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule17:03
jibelFollowed immediately by the Ubuntu Global Jam:17:03
jibelwhich incorporates a Testing event depending on where you will be attending17:04
jibelthat's all from me17:04
jibelany question ?17:04
hggdhthank you, jibel17:04
hggdhwith no questions, we move on17:04
hggdh[TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing17:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Automated/Systems Testing
meetingologyTOPIC: Automated/Systems Testing17:05
patrickmw= Public Jenkins =17:05
patrickmw• It's official - https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/17:05
patrickmw= DX Testing =17:05
patrickmw• DX testing environment ready to start creating jobs17:05
patrickmw• Open RT for getting LP access in order to branch projects -kind of important :)17:05
hggdhpatrickmw: floor is yours17:05
* hggdh was, as usual, too slow17:05
patrickmwNow everyone can see the status of our automated testing suites/17:06
patrickmwthis will continue to grow, so keep an eye out17:06
hggdhpatrickmw: the public Jenkins is read-only for all, correct?17:06
jibelpatrickmw, will the public jenkins be opened to derivatives e.g xubuntu ?17:07
patrickmwI see the instance to be available for all and any testing17:07
hggdhBTW, the test code we run there is located at https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server-iso-testing-dev/ubuntu-server-iso-testing/trunk17:08
patrickmwanything, but you will have to go through us to get your requests on the backlog17:08
hggdhplease do not be put off by the title -- when we started, it was only for the server. Now it is anything we can get to run ;-)17:08
hggdhso, if you are willing to, please add tests and propose merges17:09
* charlie-tca will try to learn how to do that17:09
jibelhggdh, we should definitely rename this project because it tests more than ISOs now17:09
hggdhjibel: I agree17:09
patrickmwi'll put in on the backlog :)17:10
hggdhwe can discuss it out-of-band, and then rename the beast17:10
hggdhanything else on automated tests?17:10
patrickmwyes, I have a few other topics about the framework too.  Nothing else from me17:10
hggdhplease go ahead, patrickmw17:11
patrickmwoffline is best :)17:11
hggdh[TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status17:11
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Engineering Team Bug Status
meetingologyTOPIC: Engineering Team Bug Status17:11
hggdhbdmurray and pedro are absent. So... Ursinha ?17:11
jibelthey are sprinting not absent. And Ursinha is printing, that may take a while.17:12
* hggdh feels the printing is quite long17:13
hggdhwe move on.17:13
neguebahey folks, don't know if the problem happens just for me but in ubuntu 11.04 the drivers atl1c and ath9k don't work at the same time... the system always happens to freezes at the splash screen... to get the system work i need to first disable my wireless card and then rmmod any of the drivers17:13
hggdhfor the record, most of the QA folks are in a sprint17:13
hggdhnegueba: this is not the correct channel. Please try #ubuntu17:14
jibelnegueba, we appreciate your problem but there is a meeting in progress17:14
neguebai'm sorry guys17:14
hggdhso their absence is justified (it is time for beers)17:14
hggdhso we move on17:14
hggdh[TOPIC] Odds & Ends17:15
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Odds & Ends
meetingologyTOPIC: Odds & Ends17:15
hggdhthis is open floor. Anyone wishing to talk should do so now17:15
hggdhTOPIC: Chair Selection17:16
hggdhany candidates?17:16
hggdhotherwise it will be shuf -e charlie-tca patrickmw pedro_ bdmurray jibel Ursinha|head -117:16
hggdhcharlie-tca: can I include your name?17:16
hggdhjibel: you have been selected...17:17
hggdh[ACTION] jibel to chair next meeting17:17
meetingologyACTION: jibel to chair next meeting17:17
charlie-tcaThat sure is easier17:18
hggdhand so, with the deafening silence on us, I...17:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology is the new Mootbot https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Aug 17 17:18:32 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot . (v 0.1.4)17:18
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-08-17-17.00.moin.txt17:18
jibelhggdh, Cool, I'm so happy to chair again thanks !17:18
hggdhjibel: my shuffle was poisoned ;-)17:18
* jibel back to fixing his lawn mower17:19
* hggdh back to resolving the issues on bug 79515917:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 795159 in ajaxterm (Ubuntu) "[MIR] ajaxterm" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79515917:19
charlie-tcaThank you, hggdh17:21
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== plars_ is now known as plars

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!