=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== jussi01_ is now known as jussi
pittibroder: I'm not, no04:27
=== Guest74521 is now known as Zic
=== chrisccoulson_ is now known as chrisccoulson
=== jussi01_ is now known as jussi
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
=== seeker_ is now known as seeker
=== TheDaniel0108 is now known as Daniel0108
=== davidm` is now known as davidm
=== Mkaysi is now known as Guest81741
=== Guest81741 is now known as Mkaysi
=== genupulas is now known as raju
=== Mkaysi is now known as Guest21182
* skaet waves14:59
* stgraber waves14:59
* rsalveti waves15:00
skaetlooks like its time to begin.  :)15:00
meetingologyMeeting started Fri Sep  9 15:00:43 2011 UTC.  The chair is skaet. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.15:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:00
skaet[TOPIC] Release general overview - skaet15:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Release general overview - skaet
skaetAgenda can be found: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-09-0915:01
skaet11.10 FeatureFreeze,  UserInterfaceFreeze now in effect15:01
skaet11.10 Beta Freeze: Sept 15, 2100 UTC  (GNOME 3.1.92 - TBD)15:01
skaet11.10 Beta 2: Sept 22, 2011.15:01
skaet11.10 Release Date: October 13, 201115:01
skaetwe've falling behind on the features for this release in the burndown charts, so would appreciate it if all the teams could please review the work items and make sure the status is accurate.15:01
skaet[LINK] http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/15:01
skaetlots of bugs showing up on the lists,  needing fixes.15:01
skaetPlease review the overall lists for the release as well as your individual team lists for bugs that may have been overlooked.15:01
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+bugs?field.tag=-ftbfs15:01
skaet[LINK] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-11.10-beta-215:01
skaetAlso, we're seeing some regressions that could use an extra look as well.15:01
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+bugs?field.tag=regression-release15:02
skaetThere has been some discussion on #ubuntu-release this week whether we can include GNOME 3.1.92 in time for Beta 2.   It is scheduled to land on 9/19 - which is after Beta Freeze.  For those interested,  we'll be discussing this after we finish the roundtable part of the agenda.15:02
skaetany questions?15:02
pittiskaet: I think that was gnome final15:03
pittiah, no, 92. ignore me, sorry15:03
* skaet looks around, not seeing questions15:03
=== Mkaysi_ is now known as Mkaysi
skaetnp pitti.  :)15:03
skaetok, into the round table then15:04
skaet[TOPIC] Hardware Certification team update - mlegris15:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Hardware Certification team update - mlegris
mlegrishi all!15:04
mlegris[Week 36 Testing Report]15:04
mlegrisSmaller report this week due to Maverick and Lucid SRU15:04
mlegris[link] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/week36_2011.html15:04
mlegris*  Bug #810145 - unity-panel-service crashes15:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 810145 in unity (Ubuntu Oneiric) "unity-panel-service crashed with SIGABRT in __kernel_vsyscall()" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81014515:05
mlegrisany questions?15:05
skaetThanks mlegris!15:05
skaetis 810415 the only one that cert thinks is a blocker?15:05
mlegrisfor non system specific, yes15:06
skaetok,  I'll note it then.15:06
* skaet doesn't see other questions, so...15:07
skaet[TOPIC] QA team update -  jibel15:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: QA team update - jibel
skaethmm... me doesn't see jibel around.   Will skip them for now then.15:09
skaet[TOPIC] Security team update - jdstrand15:09
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Security team update - jdstrand
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:09
jdstrand[LINK] http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/canonical-security.html15:09
jdstrandWe postponed several work items and dbus/apparmor will not be a part of Oneiric as a technology preview. Work is ongoing there and we hope to have something to upload very early in 'P'. The remaining work items should all be either bugs or items not tied to the release schedule.15:09
jdstrandLooking at the list of oneiric bugs, there are a few worth highlighting:15:09
jdstrand837557: updates for DigiNotar. nss should be uploaded today and chromium hopefully next week (there are several regressions in current chromium that caused the delay)15:09
jdstrand834079, 835996, 836162, 844274: various lightdm security issues. These all show up on the appropriate lists, but I'd like to reiterate the importance that these be fixed before release. I should also point out that at least the first bug is being discussed outside of Ubuntu15:10
jdstrand344878: the ecryptfs long filename bug. My team will now handle this since we hired tyhicks (ecryptfs upstream). We don't plan to have a fix for oneiric, but we will deal with it in one way or another for 'P'. This will be discussed at UDS.15:10
skaetThanks jdstrand.15:10
skaetpitti - what's the outlook on the bugs jdstrand highlights re: lightdm?15:11
pittiskaet: sorry, can't say; I can check with Robert next week and come back to you15:11
pitti(I generally have very little overlap with him)15:11
jdstrandI should mention they are fairly new bugs-- the first is only 2 weeks old15:11
jdstrand(but that is the one being discussed outside of Ubuntu)15:11
skaetthanks pitti.   and thanks jdstrand for highlighting them.15:12
skaetany other questions for jdstrand?15:12
skaet[TOPIC] Kernel team update - ogasawara15:12
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Kernel team update - ogasawara
ogasawaraOverall status is reported at the first link below.  Burn down for Oneiric Beta-2 is at the second link below.  Burndown for the cycle is at the third link:15:13
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:13
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-11.10-beta-2.html15:13
ogasawara[LINK] http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/group/topic-oneiric-kernel-tasks.html15:13
ogasawaraWe uploaded linux-3.0.0-10.16 following Beta-1 to provide the latest upstream stable v3.0.4 patches as well as some misc bug fixes we'd been queueing.  With Kernel and Beta Freeze approaching next Thurs, I intend to do an upload today and possibly one more early next week before we freeze.  Any patches we receive after that are subject to our SRU policy.  We are currently trending above our Beta-2 burndown chart but are be15:13
ogasawaralow overall.  The remaining work items are not release critical.15:13
ogasawaraAlso, as discussed in a previous meeting, please drop/move the following bugs in the agenda:15:13
ogasawara#748842 - please drop, this is against linuxdcpp which is a universe package and not likely relevant for this meeting.  It was also recently marked Fix Released for Oneiric against linuxdcpp.15:13
ogasawara#764893 - reported against os-prober, please move to foundations team15:13
ogasawaraOf the remaining bugs called out on the agenda against the kernel, status is as follows:15:13
ogasawara#542660 - Looks to be related to EFI boot not loading the video bios into ram.15:14
ogasawara#557261 - Closed Invalid against the kernel.15:14
ogasawara#656486 - Closed Fix Released.15:14
ogasawara#710733 - Confirmed against Oneiric, not release critical, investigation ongonig.15:14
ogasawara#714862 - Assigned to kernel dev, investigation ongoing.15:14
ogasawara#746133 - Recently confirmed against Oneiric, assigning to kernel dev.15:14
ogasawara#753071 - Closed Won't Fix for Oneiric, re-targetting patches to land in time for P-series.15:14
ogasawara#754711 - On a 3.0 oneiric kernel, system now suspends but doesn't resume.  systemtap debug scripts to help investigate are being worked on for Oneiric, see 815944 (systemtap fix recently posted upstream).15:14
ogasawara#758486 - Told that TI will push a fix with the next BSP.15:14
ogasawara#760131 - Partly fixed in Oneiric and soon natty, more analysis ongoing upstream.15:14
ogasawara#761082 - Confirmed against Oneiric, investigation ongoing.15:14
ogasawara#790712 - The order 5 allocation seems to be bogus and non-fatal; further investigation ongoing.15:14
ogasawara#793486 - Closed Fix Released.15:14
ogasawara#814325 - Issue confirmed upstream, actively under investigation by multiple devs.15:14
ogasawara#820466 - Assigned to kernel dev, investigation ongoing.15:14
cjwatson764893 is already against foundations as well, but yes, it should be deleted from the kernel agenda15:14
skaetThanks ogasawara.  Appologies for not having those bugs moved. :(15:14
ogasawaraskaet: no worries, I was wondering if I should just edit myself?15:15
skaetogasawara, yes please.15:15
ogasawaraskaet: ack, will do.15:15
skaetAny of the leads should feel free to edit status of the bugs if they are inaccurate or in wrong place.15:16
skaetI pull it from the system the day before, so usually its close, but change happens.  :)15:16
skaetany questions for ogasawara ?15:16
skaet[TOPIC] Foundations team update - cjwatson15:17
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Foundations team update - cjwatson
cjwatsonGeneral notes:15:17
cjwatson - A couple of us have been working on the NBS and FTBFS queues.  NBS is looking a lot healthier now, with only a few clusters remaining.  FTBFS is still a swamp, albeit draining slowly.15:17
cjwatson - stgraber is taking on an iSCSI bug, to try to spread experience of that stack a bit.15:17
cjwatson - We've had more people on installer bugs, which has made a dent in that queue.  Still more to do.15:17
cjwatson - eglibc bug-fix upload in preparation.15:17
cjwatson - Working on various friendly-recovery improvements.15:17
cjwatson - Continued work on clearing up some of our larger sources of duplicate bugs.15:17
cjwatson - GCC update; should be final except for ARM.15:18
cjwatson - We've had one high-priority bug caused by bug 844103 which we had to work around, and there may be others lurking.  I know gdm is no longer the default, but could somebody on desktop please look into that?15:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 844103 in gdm (Ubuntu) "/sbin not in $PATH" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84410315:18
cjwatson - We have three staff out on holiday and/or Plumbers.15:18
cjwatson - Ubiquity bugs are mostly waiting for Evan to return from Plumbers.15:18
cjwatson - Bug 745960: Mixed messages on bug, unknown outlook at this point.  There is a grub2 dmraid patch outstanding which may help at least some commenters.15:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 745960 in grub2 (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Cannot boot grub after installing to LVM" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74596015:18
cjwatson - Bug 764893: Patch outstanding, should get it merged soon.15:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 764893 in os-prober (Ubuntu Oneiric) "os-prober: does not detect Ubuntu in btrfs subvolume" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/76489315:18
cjwatson - Bug 819328: Michael is on holiday; will check up when he returns.15:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 819328 in aptdaemon (Ubuntu Oneiric) "[Oneiric] update-manager crashed with DBusException in _run(): org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81932815:18
cjwatson - Bug 819624: Not sure if this still needs to be open; I've left a comment asking for feedback.15:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 819624 in casper (Ubuntu Oneiric) "casper doesn't configure autologin for lightdm properly" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81962415:18
skaetThanks cjwatson!15:18
skaetwhat is the bug associated with the eglibc change?15:18
skaetand has eglibc landing in the repository been coordinated with the arm team?15:19
cjwatsona handful of Debian bugs (http://bugs.debian.org/639213, http://bugs.debian.org/640300, http://bugs.debian.org/640753) plus bug 84225815:19
ubottuDebian bug 639213 in libc6-dev "Uses #if on an undefined preprocessor symbol, should use defined()" [Normal,Fixed]15:19
ubottuDebian bug 640300 in libc6 "revert the perl Breaks entry" [Normal,Fixed]15:19
ubottuDebian bug 640753 in libc6 "libc6 fails to upgrade with a statically linked /bin/true" [Important,Fixed]15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 842258 in eglibc (Ubuntu) "ARM strchr fails to convert c to char" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84225815:19
cjwatsonno, but eglibc changes don't usually cause a particular problem on arm ...?15:20
cjwatsonthere are no tight arch: any/all dependencies15:21
ogra_usually not15:21
skaeteglibc is pervasive for arm though.15:21
cjwatsonit's pervasive for all architectures :-)15:21
cjwatsondoko's running test builds before upload15:22
skaetyup.  hence my concern.  esp as one of the fixes is strchr.  ;)15:22
ogra_i dont think it will bother us much more than the other arches15:22
cjwatsonstrchr was broken before, which seems worse15:22
skaetok,  if ogra_'s aware and wanting it, that's the main thing.15:23
ogra_i would never refuse a fix :)15:23
* skaet agrees strchr broken is not good. 15:23
skaetany other questions for cjwatson?15:24
ogra_at least if we dont have to rebuild the whole archive a week before release through it :)15:24
cjwatsonit's a corner case, mercifully15:24
skaetheh, all mercies gratefully accepted at this point in the cycle ;)15:26
skaet[TOPIC] ARM team update15:26
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ARM team update
skaetogra_, ^^15:26
ogra_= Full Status is at: =15:26
ogra_= Summary =15:26
ogra_ - For the OMAP4 images some u-boot and kernel changes are ahead that will need FFe's15:26
ogra_ - The OMAP4 kernel will get the framework for new syslink shortly before kernel freeze,15:26
ogra_   it might not work yet but will provide an easier environment to add SRUs to make video decoding work.15:26
ogra_ - Remaining hardcoded flash-kernel bits were moved out of initramfs-tools15:26
ogra_ - Cleanup of jasper is still ongoing15:26
ogra_ - AC100 images are done but yet untested due to archive skew15:26
ogra_ - mx5 fell behind a bit but we will have them ready during next week.15:26
ogra_ - Server QA testing goes on15:26
ogra_ - Sound devices were enabled again in the OMAP4 kernels pending tests.15:26
ogra_ - The expected GLES code will not enter unity/compiz/nux anymore this cycle, instead the DX team comitted to have15:27
ogra_   the code ready and merged before opening of the P cycle (and give a demo at UDS). Oneiric will ship GLES Unity in a PPA.15:27
ogra_= Image Status =15:27
ogra_ - Desktop images don't build due to archive skew (we only had 2 successful image builds this week)15:27
ogra_ - Server images build and install fine15:27
ogra_ - Netboot images work fine15:27
ogra_= Specs =15:27
ogra_ - Entire http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-arm.html15:27
ogra_ - B2 http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-arm-ubuntu-11.10-beta-2.html15:27
skaetThanks ogra_!15:28
skaetplease let me know when there are bootable AC100 images, and I'll give them a try.  (have my AC100 with me ;) )15:28
ogra_yay, will do15:28
ogra_theoretically the next successfull build should work15:28
skaetwhen specifically will the mx5 images be available?15:29
ogra_but as said, theoretically ... testing is hard if you cant build them15:29
ogra_mx5 livefses are alreayd buildable, its just a matter of thze post processing in debian-cd15:29
ogra_hopefull we will have that done mid next week15:29
ogra_sadly the persons in the team owning that HW are either at plumbers or on vacation, that slowed it down a bit15:30
skaetjust under the beta freeze wire....15:30
ogra_yeah, but no worries, we'll make it15:31
skaetany other questions for ogra_ ?15:31
skaet[TOPIC] Linaro update - rsalveti or fabo15:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Linaro update - rsalveti or fabo
fabo= Developer Platform =15:32
fabo - FFe for u-boot-linaro in progress, to fix eMMC support for Blaze15:32
fabo - FFe for last linux-linaro related packages, to update them against our 11.08 release (shouldn't affect anything at the Ubuntu side)15:32
fabo - FFe for linaro-image-tools, bug 83400315:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 834003 in Linaro Image Tools "FFE: upload 11.08 to Oneiric" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83400315:32
fabo - Work on-going at the GLES support for NUX (https://code.launchpad.net/~linaro-graphics-wg/nux/nux-gles2/+merge/70279), but after discussing with DX team, GLES support for Unity-3D will not be included for Oneiric :-(15:33
fabo - Progress at bug 746023, ogra_ reported that sound is working again at Oneiric after latest kernel package update15:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 746023 in alsa-utils (Ubuntu Natty) "No sound on omap4" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74602315:33
fabo - Would like to have a FFe for libjpeg-turbo, to have it available at least for Oneiric, work on-going15:33
fabo= Infrastructure =15:33
fabo - work on-going to extend status.linaro.org. It will show Linaro's roadmap implemented as a Kanban board (kanbantool).15:33
fabo= Toolchain WG =15:33
fabo - 11.09 release next Thursday (September 15th), bugs planned for this release below15:33
fabo #823711 libvirt version 0.9.2-4ubuntu8 failed to build on armel - INPROGRESS15:33
fabo #836401 ICE on a | (b << negative-constant) - INPROGRESS15:33
fabo #843775 ICE optimizing widening multiply-and-accumulate - INPROGRESS15:34
fabo #689887 armel ICE gcc 4.5 - INPROGRESS15:34
fabo #809761 oss4 version 4.2-build2004-1ubuntu1 failed to build on armel - INPROGRESS15:34
fabo #823708 traverso version 0.49.2-4 failed to build on armel - INPROGRESS15:34
fabo #827990 internal compiler error: in decode_addr_const, at varasm.c:2632 - INPROGRESS15:34
fabo #823548 Can't use -flto with skia - FIX COMMITED15:34
fabo= Validation =15:34
fabo - work on going on lava-qatracker, a QATracker replacement, to record manual test runs in Linaro Automated Validation Architecture (LAVA).15:34
skaetThanks fabo!    Lots of good data in your report I'm goingto want to digest a bit offline.15:35
skaetany one have specific questions for fabo?15:35
skaet[TOPIC] Ubuntu One Team -  Chipaca or joshuahoover15:36
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu One Team - Chipaca or joshuahoover
skaethmm,  they don't seem to be around15:37
skaet[TOPIC] Desktop Team update - pitti15:37
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Desktop Team update - pitti
pittiUpdated GNOME to 3.1.91 (second beta). Just two packages (gnome-screensaver and gnome-user-docs) are behind still, updates in progress.15:38
pittiNew compiz/unity release with lots of rebuilds due to yet another libunity ABI break. This finally brings CJK support, works with Qt 4.7.4 (now also uploaded), and fixes two dozen bugs.15:38
pittipygobject 2.90 transition done, ubiquity fix merged. No known breakage from this any more.15:38
pittiOneConf got broken due to switching software-center to the GTK 3 version, but Didier ported it over, so it's working again.15:38
pittiDid some NBS transitions/portings/package removals to eliminate libpanel-applet2, libnotify1, libcamel-1.2-28, and libevent-1.4-2; waiting for arm/powerpc to catch up until we can fully remove them.15:38
pittiWe still have a number of open work items, but most of them are now the "ensure that..", "test that...", "talk to..", and "create blueprint for P..." kind15:38
pittiRC bugs: overview at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs15:38
pittiNoteworthy are:15:38
pitti * bug 772873: this has been a long-standing issue, and unfortunately we have nobody in the team who is capable of fixing this15:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 772873 in vino (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Vino does not work with compositing" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77287315:38
pitti * bug 790240: might be postponed to P, not really release critical; OpenJDK still depends on/pulls in the old at-spi bits, but they are now co-installable with at-spi2, so the induced breakage was fixed.15:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 790240 in java-access-bridge (Ubuntu Oneiric) "at-spi needs demotion for oneiric (at-spi2-core in main)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79024015:38
pittioh, btw, there is a known breakage with pygobject, rhythmbox plugins15:39
skaetThanks pitti!.   Lots of changes!  Good to get the fixes in.15:39
pitti(just learned that some minutes ago)15:39
pittiit's on our radar15:40
skaetunderstood about the vino bug - need to follow up offline with others to see if there are options or not.15:41
skaetany questions for pitti?15:41
skaet[TOPIC] Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth15:41
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth
dbarth_report at the usual address: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/OneiricReleaseStatus15:41
dbarth_ * New Unity 4.14.0 weekly release15:42
dbarth_  * 16 bug fixes for 4.12.0, including:15:42
dbarth_   * P3: [natty] Cannot click on indicators (LP: #819202)15:42
dbarth_   * [dash] Search field in Unity can not support iBus (LP: #663776)15:42
dbarth_   * [dash] preferred applications are not stored in GConf anylonger (LP: #805063)15:42
dbarth_   * Music Lens doesn't display items until you search (LP: #824892)15:42
dbarth_   * Dash - Adjustments to stateful behaviour  (LP: #838667)15:42
dbarth_   * cannot paste into dash (particularly relevant for alt+f2) (LP: #736222)15:42
dbarth_   * ARM FTBFS fix (LP: #834576)15:42
dbarth_  * and 28 new bug fixes for 4.14.0, including15:42
dbarth_   * unity crashed with AttributeError in reset_unity_compiz_profile(): 'str' object has no attribute 'get_string' (LP: #809378)15:42
dbarth_   * unity-panel-service crashed with SIGSEGV in main_arena() (LP: #817477)15:42
dbarth_   * unity-panel-service Leaks Memory (LP: #779185)15:42
dbarth_   * Speedup startup time (LP: #842656)15:42
dbarth_   * with a hat tip to contributor Treviño who fixed a lot of bug for this release: thanks!15:42
dbarth_ * Unity-2d - New 4.6 weekly release15:42
dbarth_  * 18 bug fixes for 4.4 including:15:42
dbarth_   * several crasher fixes15:42
dbarth_   * [panel] Implement whitelisting for legacy tray applet (LP: #707354)15:42
dbarth_   * [dash] Invalid UTF-8 in the dash (LP: #836587)15:42
dbarth_  * 15 new bug fixes, essentially polish, for 4.615:42
dbarth_ * Weekly release of compiz:
dbarth_  * Ready for upload on Monday, fixing:15:42
dbarth_ * The weekly crop of indicator fixes is impressive https://launchpad.net/unity-foundations/+milestone/oneiric-beta-215:42
dbarth_  * 17 fixes released so far, and 14 new bug fixes committed, including several crasher fixes for the indicator-session service and a lot of adjustments to polish the UI and manage corner cases15:43
dbarth_and finally15:43
dbarth_we have CJK nailed down for good now15:43
dbarth_ibus support, CJK activation patches everywhere (ZG, SC); we're ready for the Asian market15:43
skaetThanks dbarth_ !!   and thanks to the team for all those bug fixes!15:44
dbarth_i've commented on the full list of bug on the release team radar in the report mentioned above15:44
dbarth_will pass the word; thanks15:44
* skaet looking forward to seeing the CJK start to roll out. :)15:44
skaetany questions for dbarth_ ?15:45
skaet[TOPIC] Kubuntu Team update - ScottK15:45
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Kubuntu Team update - ScottK
* skaet looks around for ScottK?15:46
ScottKHere now.15:47
ScottK(was on the phone for $WORK)15:47
ScottKStarted uploading KDE
ScottKIt's going well, but slowly.15:47
ScottKShould finish today.15:47
ScottKdidrocks uploaded Qt 4.7.4 today.15:47
ScottKSo that gives us our release versions of these key packages.15:48
ScottKSo far so good.15:48
ScottKSeems like good results getting issues from beta 1 resolved.15:48
skaetThanks ScottK15:49
skaethow do your arm images look?15:49
* highvoltage wonders if ScottK will ever post a picture of his arm15:50
skaetlol.  :)15:50
ScottKarm builds are running way behind.15:50
ScottKDue to this rebuild, it takes a long time to get a builder.15:50
ScottKSo it's been several days since arm was installable.15:51
ScottKIt probably won't be until about Tuesday next week.15:51
ScottKThat's a long way of saying, dunno.15:51
skaetwas afraid that might be the case for you as well  :(15:51
skaetthanks though for the context.  I'll check with you next Tuesday.15:52
skaetwe need to finalize the release manifest about now,  and make some choices.15:52
ScottKI'd like to push that to next week if we can.15:53
skaetany other questions for ScottK?15:53
skaetnext Tuesday is next week???  am I misunderstanding something?15:53
ScottKSometime next week.  Probably more towards the end of the week.15:54
ScottKWe won't even start to understand where we are until Tuesday.15:54
ScottKQt is a 4 day build on armel.15:54
skaetfair enough,  will see where we are around beta freeze time then.15:54
skaet[TOPIC] Edubuntu Team update - stgraber or highvoltage15:55
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Edubuntu Team update - stgraber or highvoltage
stgraberHi everyone!15:55
stgraberNot much to report for Edubuntu this week.15:55
stgraberSent out a call for translations and got quite a few new translations as a result: http://www.stgraber.org/2011/09/06/help-translate-edubuntu-11-10/15:55
stgraberDVD isn't building at the moment because of a broken langpack (language-pack-kde-my this time). Will poke at it next week if not fixed by then.15:55
stgraberThat's about it.15:55
skaetThanks stgraber!   Good news on getting the more translators!15:56
pittistgraber: argh, that again? this keeps sprinting into existence, I need to investigate this15:56
* pitti remmoved -kde-my at least three times now15:56
pittistgraber: removing, tomorrow's images should build15:56
skaet[TOPIC] Xubuntu Team update - charlie-tca15:57
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Xubuntu Team update - charlie-tca
charlie-tcaI would like to say Thank You to all those involved in getting the bugs from Beta1 fixed.15:57
charlie-tca* #819624: "casper doesn't configure autologin for lightdm properly" - mentioned by foundations above.15:57
charlie-tcaThis should only be for the live sessions, which are working for autologin15:57
charlie-tcaWe are going to need a couple of FFe's for blueman,15:58
charlie-tca* #831488: Xubuntu should not call gnome-control-center - bluetooth interface is a control-center panel in GNOME3 so it should depends on it. Since gnome-control-center now involves installing most of Gnome3, bluetooth is completely broken for us.15:58
charlie-tcaA workaround is to seed blueman and allow it to be used instead of gnome-control-center15:58
skaetThanks charlie-tca!   and appreciate the head's up on the pending FFE.15:59
skaetany one have questions?15:59
skaet[TOPIC] Lubuntu Team update - gilir16:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Lubuntu Team update - gilir
gilirHi :)16:00
gilirNot much to report this week.16:00
gilirBugs triaging in progress, nothing horrible so far.16:00
gilirWe still need to update the images & the theme of ubiquity slideshow, add some alternate wallpapers, and adjust the size of the ISOs.16:00
gilirAnd just a quick note that we have now alternate ISO images, a big thank to cjwatson for fixing them, and jibel for testing them a few hours before beta release :)16:00
skaet+1 :)16:00
skaetThanks gilir!   any questions?16:01
skaet[TOPIC] MOTU team update - tumbleweed16:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: MOTU team update - tumbleweed
tumbleweedthings seem pretty good on the whole. FTBFS packages are way down http://corelli.tumbleweed.org.za/ubuntu-qa/qa-ftbfs/oneiric-historical.html16:02
tumbleweedpitti is looking at the ekiga stack, which looks like it'll all be bumped to new versions16:03
pittijust waiting for another release team member +116:03
pitti(or -1)16:03
tumbleweedI thought we were looking for someone who knew the affect on asterisk?16:03
pittithat, too16:03
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
skaetThanks tumbleweed.  I like that FTBFS chart line.  :)   A bit thank you to all who have been helping with it.16:04
broderpitti, tumbleweed: are you looking for someone? i know i've seen some blog posts from superm1 on asterisk stuff16:04
dokotumbleweed, these numbers are not the real ones ...16:04
tumbleweeddoko: yeah, I know16:04
skaetdoko,  is there a link that shows an accurate picture?16:06
tumbleweedskaet: doko's rebuild list, http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20110816-oneiric.html16:06
skaetthanks tumbleweed16:06
pittibroder: we probably should upload it first, so that it's easier to test asterisk (debian sid has the same versions)16:06
dokoor I use https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=ftbfs+-arm-porting-queue&field.tags_combinator=ALL16:07
dokobut now really away16:07
skaetthanks doko16:07
pittierm, 97.000 tasks? that's four times as many as we even have source packages..16:08
pittioh, nevermind; /url command fail16:08
skaetthanks doko, tumbleweed.  generally down though, but still a ways to go....16:08
skaetdoko, do you have anything additional to add about the toolchain and this, or was it mostly covered in cjwatson's summary?16:10
cjwatsonif he's away, I guess he doesn't :-)16:10
skaet:)  indeed.   moving on then.16:11
cjwatsonI think it's impossible to reach 0 FTBFS by oneiric release now, but we can drive it down as far as we can and aim for 0 for P release16:11
* skaet nods16:11
skaet[TOPIC] Server team update - Daviey16:12
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Server team update - Daviey
* skaet is hoping Daviey's conflict is resolved now?16:13
skaetwhile we're waiting then, we may as well discuss GNOME 3.1.9216:13
skaet[TOPIC] GNOME 3.1.9216:13
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: GNOME 3.1.92
skaetISSUE: available on 9/1916:14
skaetGOAL: reducing risk of not having Beta 2 image on 9/2216:14
skaetCONCERNS: ARM build time,  side-effects from fixes.16:14
skaetpitti,  any further thoughts on how we can reduce risk?16:15
pittione strawman compromise was to only update the leaf applications on that Monday16:15
pittiand upload git snapshots of the libraries (glib, gtk etc.) on Thursday or Friday16:15
pittithe applications are fairly harmless, most of the changes are translation updates and a few bug fixes at that time16:16
pittiand apps are reasonably confined to test them before uploading16:16
skaetthat should be more manageable.   What will the build time of those applications be like on the arm side?16:16
pittiin theory the librarires might break something subtle, we test them as well, of course, but the risk is higher there16:16
pittiskaet: the worst one is gtk+3.0, the others are fairly harmless (order of an hour, maybe two for large packages like gedit)16:17
pittigtk takes 5 h on arm16:17
pittiwe don't plan another webkit for that day :)16:18
skaetOk.  Will work with infinity and davidm on seeing what options there are with the builders.  That's better than the 4 day estimate I was dreading.  would we have the option to revert on monday if we encountered some breakage from the libraries over the weekend?16:18
pittinautilus is the next biggest one, takes 1 h16:18
pittiskaet: yes16:19
pittiwe can revert gtk and glib in a turnaround of 7 h (prep, test, build, publish)16:19
pitti(on arm)16:19
cjwatsonit would get a bit awkward if there were ABI changes though16:19
pitticjwatson: GNOME is in ABI/API freeze nwo16:19
cjwatsonthat helps16:20
pittiif gtk/glib change API on Fri/Mon, we'll hold it back16:20
pitti(or any other lib, for that matter -- hello libunity!)16:20
skaetpitti,  seems workable then from the the Ubuntu side.    Will you be the coordination point for it with seb128 on vacation?16:20
pittiskaet: yes, can do; I'll be off on Friday, but I'm happy to prepare the snapshots on Thursday, and package the important apps on Monday16:21
pitti(and delegate/coordinate)16:21
skaetcharlie-tca, ScottK, stgraber, gilir - any concerns from your products?16:22
* ScottK reads backscroll16:22
charlie-tcasure, there is always concern something like this will break the images16:22
skaetpitti,  Thursday upload to correspond to beta freeze would be best if possible.16:23
charlie-tcahowever, if this needs to be in the final images, it really should be in beta2, for the best testing and the best chance to catch the most serious bugs.16:23
pittiScottK: tl;dr: important lib snapshots on THursday, update only leaf GNOME apps on monday, no abi/api changes16:23
ScottKI'd update the libs on Monday too.16:23
pittiwhere "important libs" == glib and gtk mostly; the rest should either have trivial updates, or unimportant ones (I'll check the changes)16:24
ScottKI think that it's slightly higher risk for beta2, but lowers the risk for final release.16:24
skaetScottK,  we can't build ARM in time then.16:24
pittigit snapshots have a slightly higher risk, of course16:24
pittibut my jhbuild setup is workign, so I can test git easily16:24
pittiskaet: well, we can, it just gets tight if we have to revert16:24
ScottKThe biggest issue, IMO, is that if there are issues and the upstream response is "but you weren't using the latest", then this will cost us about a week and a half.16:25
ScottKYou know the upstream better than I do, so I defer to you to evaluate the odds of that.16:25
pittithree days worth of commits, with the weekend in between, shoudln't be too hard to review16:26
pittiso we can still do another upload on Monday, if there was an important fix16:26
pittiand then the delta will be very small16:26
ScottKThe only way it's going to affect Kubuntu is if it gets tangled up with some OOo issue.  So it won't affect Kubuntu in any way that won't be way worse on Ubuntu.16:26
pittiright, you just have glib, not much else16:27
ScottKWe'll also need to be careful about uploading Qt or OOo on Monday or later.16:27
pitti(I don't think there will be a gstreamer update)16:27
pittiScottK: that'd definitively be too late16:27
pittilibo -> 3 day arm build16:27
pittior 2 or so16:27
ScottKQt 4.7.4 just hit today, so we'll need to keep an eye on it.16:27
ScottKQt is 4.16:28
ScottKpitti: I expect that if there's any Qt 4.7.4 fallout it's more likely to be with unity-2d.  Upstream Qt gets a lot of testing with KDE, so you all will probably be the victims if there are any issues.16:29
skaetpitti,  I'm not seeing any blockers raised,  so lets go ahead with your proposal.16:30
pitti*nod* I think it was tested from the PPA already, so it shouldn't totally shipwreck16:30
ScottKIt was.16:30
skaetI'll work with infinity, NCommander, davidm to see if we can get some more arm builders deployed next week.16:31
ScottKskaet: I forgot to mention that we do still plan a qtwebkit update.  That's the one major infrastructure thing we have left.  That doens't effect unity-2d though.16:31
skaetScottK,  ack.  when's the ETA?16:32
ScottKLikely over the weekend.16:32
skaetcoolio.  earlier the better right now.  :)16:32
skaetAny one else have comments, concerns?16:32
pittimore hamsters for ppc builders16:33
cjwatsonIf anyone is pondering things that require LP changes, it's worth mentioning that their lead time just dropped16:33
cjwatson(The database is now on fastdowntime deployments, so we no longer have the monthly rollout thing)16:34
skaetcjwatson, good point.16:34
skaetand with that,   I think we're over so....16:34
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Fri Sep  9 16:35:03 2011 UTC.16:35
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-09-09-15.00.moin.txt16:35
skaetThanks everyone.16:35
pittithanks everyone16:35
pittiskaet: who will be pushing the archive/cdimage levers for alpha-2?16:35
charlie-tcaThanks, skaet, for chairing.16:35
skaetpitti,  infinity and NCommander16:35
skaetmay need some help from the european time zone if things get a bit problematic though.16:36
pittiyeah, I'll be around16:36
pittibut there should ideally be someone who coordinates the technical bits and fans them out16:36
pittii. e. owning the Process page, and delegating16:37
skaetI'll own the process page16:37
skaetthis time around16:37
pittiok, cool16:37
pittihave a nice weekend everyone!16:37
pittibeer o'clock here16:37
skaetprobably easiest, since I suspect that NCommander and infinity may need to be fixing things.16:37
skaetenjoy your weekend pitti16:37
* skaet heads down to plumbers conference. :)16:37
stgraberskaet: sorry, had to run, just saw the hilight. Nope, no big concern for Edubuntu, we'll have the same problems as Ubuntu but I don't expect anything else.17:06
skaetthanks stgraber17:10
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== cyphermox_ is now known as cyphermox

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!