smspillazRAOF: poke01:39
smspillazRAOF: so I'm about to do something totally insane and might need some help01:40
smspillazRAOF: basically, I need to single step through the X server because I think I've hit what seems to be a bug01:40
smspillazRAOF: so I'm assuming that all I need to do in order to get debugging symbols for ubuntu is remove the dh_strip from debian/rules right ?01:52
cyphermoxsmspillaz: you should be able to do it in a simpler way by installing the debugging symbols, hold on a sec02:01
smspillazcyphermox: I tried that, but they are incomplete02:01
smspillazyou only get functions02:01
smspillazI need full debugging symbols02:02
cyphermoxsmspillaz: from ddebs ?02:02
cyphermoxin this case you may wish to try building with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="nostrip"02:03
cyphermoxwhich will avoid you having to dig in the rules file to try to remove dh_strip.02:03
smspillazthere's only one02:05
smspillazso I just removed it :)02:05
broderyou may also want to set -ggdb in the CFLAGS02:06
broderor, uh...-ggdb3?02:06
broderwhich will be more aggressive about including things like macros02:06
=== eeejay is now known as eeejay_is_afk
smspillazbroder: cyphermox: so stupid question, but I can't seem to find it anywhere02:51
smspillazwhere does the package that you get from apt-get source actually keep the originall source ?02:51
broderyou mean the .orig.tar.gz?02:51
smspillazor at least02:52
smspillazthe source that its using02:52
smspillazbroder: any ideas? README.source doesn't seem to reveal mcuh02:57
micahgsmspillaz: there could be other extensions for sources, it should be in the directory you run apt-get source on02:58
smspillazmicahg: not as far as I can tell :/03:00
smspillazall there is the dir that the src-deb as extracted to03:00
micahgsmspillaz: which package?03:00
RAOFsmspillaz: What have you done?03:00
RAOFsmspillaz: Because extracting the src-deb *requires* that the orig.tar.gz is available :)03:01
smspillazRAOF: apt-get source xserver-xorg03:01
smspillazRAOF: and it build and installed fine03:01
smspillazI just need to find the source code03:02
smspillazso I can see whats going on03:02
smspillazand put breakpoints in the right place03:02
broderare you inside the debian directory?03:02
RAOFTrick for the unwary.03:03
RAOFapt-get source xserver-xorg-core03:03
RAOFTrick for the unwary.03:03
broderah, righ03:03
micahgis it my imagination or is xorg native03:03
smspillazlets try that03:03
brodermicahg: you want xorg-server, iirc03:03
RAOFHm.  The combination of this hotel wireless and the roundtrip to London and back isn't making IRC wonderfully responsive.03:03
smspillazRAOF: in case this is a bug against X03:04
brycehfun with meta packages03:04
smspillazhow likely is it that I can submit a patch for this cycle03:04
smspillazsince it seems ... fishy03:04
micahgthat looks more normal :)03:04
brodersmspillaz: you've still got plenty of time03:04
broderat worst, we do a post release sru03:04
ubot2`Stable Release Update information is at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates03:04
RAOFsmspillaz: Unless you want to totally rework DRI2, you're good.03:04
smspillazbut its a bit of an edge case03:05
broderwe have precedent for basically prepping sru's just before release and then pushing them out on release day03:05
smspillazRAOF: basically I'm doing something something a bit crazy with the X protocol but something taht should work03:05
broderhuh. now i'm curious :-P03:05
smspillazRAOF: namely XSendEvent with XShape events03:05
smspillazexcept taht its a bit special03:05
smspillazsince there's no core event mask for shape events03:06
smspillazso you need to use NoEventMask to force it to be delivered03:06
smspillazbut here's the kicker03:06
smspillazif I do XSendEvent (thatevent); XSendEvent (thatevent)03:06
smspillazit works fine03:06
smspillazbut if I do03:06
smspillazXSenndEvent (thatevent); some_other_request; XSendEvent (theexactsameevent)03:06
smspillazI get a BadValue error03:06
smspillazso I'm tripping up some condition03:06
smspillazthe documentation and looking at the git source indicates that this should only happen03:07
smspillazif either a) got boolean values mixed up03:07
smspillaz(which I tried and its not that)03:08
smspillazb) event->type is wrong03:08
smspillaz(same event type)03:08
smspillazc) mask & ~AllEventsMask03:08
smspillaz(which I don't think would be the case)03:08
RAOFI was wondering whether XShape events were packed in an XGE event and you needed to treat them specially.03:17
RAOFBut this doesn't obviously appear to be the case.03:17
pittiGood morning04:07
pittirobert_ancell: hey Robert, how are you?04:24
robert_ancellpitti, hey, good04:24
pittirobert_ancell: do you have 3 mins to go over some bugs? I'd like to check if you need some extra hands on these04:25
robert_ancellpitti, sure04:25
robert_ancellI can always do with extra hands :)04:25
pittibug 80655904:26
ubot2`Launchpad bug 806559 in lightdm "debconf prompt about DM to use during natty->oneiric" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80655904:26
pittirobert_ancell: do we still need to discuss that with mvo, or can we just suppress the question on upgrades?04:26
* pitti will work on bug 804821, but we shouldn't remove gdm on upgrade anyway, so it's not a blocker04:26
ubot2`Launchpad bug 804821 in gdm "gdm fails to remove if gdm is the default display manager (and another dm is installed)" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80482104:26
robert_ancellpitti, I still don't know how we can tell if we're in an upgrade, so we need to ping mvo again04:27
pittirobert_ancell: ok, I'll discuss it with him today and follow up on the bug04:27
pittirobert_ancell: and then there's a bunch of security bugs that came up in the release meeting04:28
pittibug 84427404:28
ubot2`Launchpad bug 844274 in lightdm "creating a guest session does not lock the users session" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84427404:28
robert_ancellthat should be the responsibility of the thing that triggered the switch I belive04:29
pittiI can't actually reproduce this04:29
pittirobert_ancell: ah, of the indicator?04:29
robert_ancelland I'm suprised it wouldn't work, as the lock is set when user switching04:29
pittiit does work here04:29
pittidoes it for you?04:29
robert_ancellone moment04:29
robert_ancellhmm, I just selected "Guest Session", it ran a guest session.  Then selected "Robert Ancell" from the guest session and it returned me to my login without a lock.  So I can confirm04:31
robert_ancellok, bug updated04:32
pittihm, I started a guest session, then used ctrl+alt+f704:32
pittimy sessino was locked04:32
robert_ancellso the bug might be that lightdm is unlocking the sessions when using the d-bus interface04:33
pittirobert_ancell: ah, indeed04:34
robert_ancell(michael did that code, so I don't know it that well)04:34
pittirobert_ancell: followed up04:35
pittirobert_ancell: terry? should we assign this to him then if you are swamped?04:35
robert_ancellpitti, I'll have a look before I leave today, and assign it to him if I don't see it04:35
pittiok, sounds like a plan04:35
pittirobert_ancell: looks like bug 836521 is already fixed in trunk?04:36
ubot2`Launchpad bug 836521 in unity-foundations "User can access mail client if "Add Event" is selected from Date/Time menu in Unity-Greeter" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83652104:36
robert_ancellafaik, yes04:36
pittiah, no, there is still an open unity greeter task, does there need to be?04:36
pittilooks like it needs to be reassigned to, or a new task for indicator-datetime04:37
pittirobert_ancell: ^ bug updated, does that look ok to you?04:39
pittirobert_ancell: next one is bug 835996 , that sounds simple?04:42
ubot2`Launchpad bug 835996 in lightdm "lightdm.log should not be user readable" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83599604:42
pittiok, assigned to you04:43
pittirobert_ancell: and the last one, bug 83407904:44
ubot2`Launchpad bug 834079 in lightdm "files written as root to user-controlled folders" [Unknown,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83407904:44
pittirobert_ancell: do you think you can fix it this week for beta-2, or need help with this?04:44
* robert_ancell checks schedule dates04:44
robert_ancellpitti, that one needed a bit of restructuring, but the first bit has been done and I said I'd have it done by Friday, so yes04:45
robert_ancellit's a little tricky, so I'm best to do that one04:45
pittirobert_ancell: the .Xauthority file is not written by the spawned user session, but by the daemon?04:47
robert_ancellpitti, yes currently, and then it chowns it.  But as pointed out that's bad, so the change will have it done before the fork.  There was some restructuring so the X code could hook into the session code and do that04:48
pittirobert_ancell: for ~/.dmrc, could it just wrap that in a setregid()/setfsgid()/setreuid()/setfsuid() section?04:49
pittithen the file can be created normally without chown, and it will do proper fs access checks for anything it does there04:49
robert_ancellah, pass.  You sound like the expert in this one04:49
pittiand after that you can switch back to root04:49
robert_ancellif you know how to do that please do04:50
pittirobert_ancell: so ~/.dmrc needs to be written by the daemon, I suppose, not by the forked user session?04:50
pittithe latter would be safest, of course (I suppose this does a full setgid()/setuid() early on?)04:50
robert_ancellpitti, the .dmrc code can't easily be written by the session code, as it's wrapped up into an accounts object that uses either AccountsService if it is available or falls back to .dmrc04:51
pittirobert_ancell: ok; so we should change effective and fs uid to the user while we are writing ~/.dmrc then04:52
robert_ancellbasically we need an implementation of AccountsService inside lightdm for fallback purposes.  The normal Ubuntu CD wont use the fallback04:52
pittirobert_ancell: so, I can have a look at this today if you need me04:52
robert_ancellpitti, yes please, or just some pseudo-code if you haven't got time04:52
pittirobert_ancell: should be fine, I don't have milestoned bugs assigned to me any more04:53
pittirobert_ancell: ok, grabbed04:53
pittirobert_ancell: I'll send an MP to you over the day then04:53
pittimerge proposal04:54
pittinot that other MP :)04:54
pitti(I guess some Chicago gangs used MPs to solve security problems, too..)04:54
pittirobert_ancell: ok, thanks04:55
robert_ancellpitti, cool.  So the main non-security stuff I'm working on is the performance issues, the white flicker on login, then will be looking at the keyboard indicator, network indicator, reports of font issues in Chinese04:56
robert_ancellpitti, did mika's response sound ok for the "other" entry?04:56
robert_ancellpitti, and finally, I'll probably make a 0.7 tarball with some other non-ui changes as I need to put the "other" back in.  Will that be OK or need another freeze exception?04:57
pittirobert_ancell: oh, I didn't see mika's response, which bug # was that again?05:12
robert_ancellpitti bug 84403905:12
ubot2`Launchpad bug 844039 in unity-greeter "Unity Greeter - By default the 'Other' login option should not be displayed " [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84403905:12
pittirobert_ancell: the current Ubuntu version has "other", so putting it back in upstream is effectively a no-change for ubuntu05:12
pittirobert_ancell: whoops, forgot to subsctibe, thanks05:12
robert_ancellpitti, yeah, but I can't make a 0.6.1 release as the master has moved on05:12
pittithat's not easy to revert?05:14
pittiI followed up there05:14
robert_ancellpitti, I either have to patch the 0.0.6 tarball, or make the change on master and release with some other changes05:17
pittiwell, whichever is easier05:17
robert_ancellmaster is easier, but do I need a ffe for it?05:18
pittibut any change right now needs an FFE/UIFE05:18
pittiyou need an UIFe for dropping it05:18
pittinot for keeping :)05:18
pitti(as we have it right now)05:18
robert_ancellpitti, still confused.  Can I release 0.0.7 using the ffe I got, as long as it doesn't change anything else and the "other" is put back in?05:19
pittiyes, of course05:19
robert_ancellok, brb (testing new lightdm)05:21
robert_ancellpitti, hey, by making lightdm.log only root readable, apport will still be able to get it right?05:26
pittirobert_ancell: you probably need to change the hook05:27
robert_ancellpitti, the hook is run as the user reporting the bug?05:27
pittirobert_ancell: yes05:27
pittisource_xorg.py does that for /var/log/gdm/ already05:27
pittiwe probably ought to change it to cover lightdm, too05:27
pittiRAOF, bryce2 ^05:28
robert_ancellRAOF, bryce2, I notice the log says " but may contain sensitive information such as your hostname".  Is hostname secure information?05:29
didrocksgood morning05:38
robert_ancelldidrocks, hey, is the nautilus menu supposed to show in unity when the background is selected?  Is there a bug about that (can't find one)05:43
didrocksrobert_ancell: it's supposed to show. It's supposed to be tweaked so and that dx port its appmenu patch to it05:43
robert_ancelldidrocks, what is it supposed to contain?05:43
didrocksrobert_ancell: it's assigned to ted and I bumped the priority for the last 2 month, let me have a look, I think I pasted it in a weekly meeting05:43
didrocksrobert_ancell: the same than in natty05:44
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 805252 in nautilus "appmenu shows nautilus menu when desktop is displayed" [High,Triaged]05:44
robert_ancelldidrocks, thanks05:46
didrocksrobert_ancell: yw, hoping that they will get to them05:46
didrocksrobert_ancell: btw, when will be your next lightdm release with focus on password input?05:46
robert_ancelldidrocks, I need to put the "other" entry back in (blame pitti :) ) so tomorrow I hope?05:47
didrocksrobert_ancell: excellent! I'm getting tired of clicking before typing :p05:47
robert_ancelldidrocks, do you have to click as well?  I was just getting no blinking cursor but typing worked without clicking for me05:48
didrocksrobert_ancell: ah, I have to click on the password entry to give it focus, yeah05:48
didrocksif I type, I get nothing05:48
pittioh, bonjour didrocks05:49
pittididrocks: Joyeux anniversaire!05:49
didrocksguten morgen pitti, how are you?05:49
* pitti hugs didrocks05:49
didrockspitti: merci :)05:49
* didrocks hugs pitti back05:49
pittidid Julie give you a nice cake?05:49
didrockspitti: a little bit early for a cake, I'm waiting for this evening for it :-)05:50
* pitti can eat cake at any time05:50
robert_ancelldidrocks, what architecture are you? amd64?05:51
pittihuman, I think05:51
didrockspitti: heh, my stomach isn't that strong :)05:51
didrocksrobert_ancell: i38605:51
robert_ancelldidrocks, oh, you'll have to compile it yourself then :)05:51
didrocksrobert_ancell: compiling? I never did that :p05:52
pittididrocks: just curious, why don't you use amd64?05:52
pittiI find it quite noticeably faster for compiling05:52
pittipostgresql builds 8% faster05:52
didrockspitti: because my laptop is still very old (> 4 years) and amd64 wasn't that attractive at the time. I'll for sure for next refreshment05:53
pitti4 years isn't "very old" for 64 bit support :)05:53
pittibut yeah, new machine should be a lot nicer for building stuff; when is your next laptop refresh due?05:54
didrockspitti: at the time, I remember that running ubuntu on them was quite edgy from the ubuntu parties we had (maybe it was 5 after all)05:54
didrockspitti: oh, still some time for that, a little bit less than a year and half05:54
pittiah, right05:54
pittididrocks: I keep forgetting that you haven't been in Canonical for very long yet05:55
pittibut heck, I went to Paris last year for that very occasion, I ought to remember05:55
didrockspitti: indeed, I do as well, I really have the impression to be there for a while with all the changes happening :)05:55
pitti(was a really nice week!)05:55
didrocksheh, indeed, the Paris week was nice :)05:55
pittididrocks: so, how old did you get? big three-o yet?05:56
didrockspitti: no, but coming closer, 28 :-)05:56
pittiah, that's good05:56
didrockspitti: why? was the big three-o so frightening for you? :)05:57
pittididrocks: well, not frightening, but it did cause me to ponder the past and future decade for a bit :) (http://www.piware.de/2010/04/auf-in-ein-neues-jahrzehnt/ if you are into reading German)05:58
didrockspitti: TBH, I'm quite afraid of the 30 "shock" of a "OMG, I'm getting old". I'll read through google translate. I'm afraid my German is way behind me… :)05:59
* ajmitch doesn't want to think about that05:59
* micahg is starting to feel old06:02
didrockspitti: the translation is quite funny but understandable and interesting :)06:02
rickspencer3didrocks, is it really your birthday today?06:22
didrocksrickspencer3: it is :)06:22
rickspencer3bon anniversaire!06:23
didrocksrickspencer3: merci beaucoup :)06:24
pittibonjour rickspencer3, ca va?06:41
rickspencer3pitti, ca va, si je ne utiliz pas le dash06:42
pittiuh, what's broken today?06:42
rickspencer3pitti, since yesterday, the music lens brings down Unity whenever I try to use the dash06:42
rickspencer3it says it's been fixed though06:42
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 846013 in unity-lens-music "unity-music-daemon crashed with signal 5" [Critical,Fix committed]06:42
pittiah, I don't see that06:42
pittirickspencer3: well, "commited" != "fixed in the archive"?06:43
rickspencer3I know06:43
didrocksrickspencer3: it's been merged tonight06:43
didrockscan backport it06:43
rickspencer3or pull the music lens06:43
didrocksif it's so bad for some people :)06:43
rickspencer3since it's obviously not ready for prime time ;)06:43
didrockswould be interesting to know why it does that for you though06:44
didrocksah, the commit message is more verbose "sql error"06:45
didrocksI'm still worrying that a crashing lens can bring down all the dash06:48
didrocksrickspencer3: so, if you remove the music lens, you get no more issue at all?06:48
rickspencer3didrocks, I don't, I haven't tried06:48
rickspencer3didrocks, do I just sudo apt-get remove it?06:48
didrocksrickspencer3: yeah, but I'm afraid you have to restart unity then06:49
rickspencer3I have gotten quite good at restarting unity ;)06:49
didrocksrickspencer3: heh, keep me posted, I'll backport the "fix"06:49
didrocksbut still, a crashing lens shouldn't bring the dash down06:49
rickspencer3didrocks, trying now06:51
rickspencer3didrocks, yeah, I just did 5 searches in a row with no issue06:52
rickspencer3so, it was definetly the music lens06:52
didrocksrickspencer3: ok, I'm pushing this fix after testing06:52
didrocksand opening a bug about a crashing lens can bring the dash down06:52
didrocksrickspencer3: can you explain about the dash down, is it just slow, or totally crashing?06:53
rickspencer3didrocks, all of unity crashes06:53
rickspencer3compiz, everything06:53
didrocksurgh, ok, opening a critical bug then :/06:53
didrocksas we want people to develop lenses, we have to be protected against that06:53
rickspencer3didrocks, if it helps, I have never set up banshee06:54
rickspencer3at least I don't think I did06:54
rickspencer3I won't change anything so I can test hte fix, though06:54
didrocksrickspencer3: excellent, I'll tell you once it's published (and yeah, the sql error is maybe due to that)06:54
rickspencer3didrocks, while you are at it, can you get some attention for this very annoying bug:06:55
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 847606 in unity "keyboard navigation of menus does not work when initiated with a mouse" [Undecided,New]06:55
didrocksrickspencer3: nice, I wanted to open it yesterday! :)06:55
didrocksrickspencer3: targetting as well06:55
pittialso, does F10 work for anyone?06:55
pittiit stopped working for me; if that's a general problem, it's a pretty bad regression06:56
rickspencer3pitti, yeah, TheMuso posted a bug # for that yesterday06:56
didrockspitti: no, not any shortcuts for appmenu is working06:56
rickspencer3F10 is a Critical Regression06:56
didrockslike Alt + F06:56
pittiAlt + letter doesn't work either06:56
pittididrocks: right06:56
pittithat is, too06:56
rickspencer3<TheMuso> Bug 83962806:56
ubot2`Launchpad bug 839628 in unity-2d "F10 doesn't start keyboard navigation to the panel" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83962806:56
pittiit's the only way to use menus with FFM06:56
didrocksthose are known06:56
didrockspitti: seems they really hate FFM ;)06:57
rickspencer3assigned to Jason, that's good06:57
pittiwhy the heck does zeitgeist-daemon spawn a permanent /bin/cat process?07:00
pittiseif: ^ ?07:00
didrocksrickspencer3: so basically, it crashes when a lens is disconnected07:00
didrocksrickspencer3: if I kill one while the dash is opened, it crashes07:00
didrockskamstrup: you arrived at the right time I think! ^07:01
pittimeh, yet another compiz crash07:13
pittibut now I have the curretn packages, reporting..07:13
chrisccoulsonpitti - does bug 848211 work for you?07:14
ubot2`Launchpad bug 848211 in ubuntu-mozilla-ppa-bugs "German Firefox 7 beta displays wrong language in about:addons" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84821107:14
chrisccoulsoni haven't got the german locale installed here07:14
micahgpitti: I have the locale installed07:15
micahgpitti: seems like it's just not translated07:16
kamstruprickspencer3: I've seen that as well, it's a recent regression07:16
chrisccoulsonthe guy just e-mailed me saying he doesn't want to use apport to report the bug07:16
didrockspitti: reminder about reminding of the meeting :)07:16
kamstruprickspencer3: bloody annoying when debugging a lens ;-)07:17
pittichrisccoulson: confirmed, followed up in bug07:17
pittididrocks: oh, thanks07:17
didrockshey chrisccoulson07:17
micahgI can confirm as well07:17
rickspencer3hi kamstrup07:17
rickspencer3hi micahg07:17
chrisccoulsonto which i just replied that i'm going to be closing all firefox bugs i see that aren't reported with apport ;)07:17
chrisccoulsonpitti / micahg - thanks for testing07:17
* micahg tries another locale07:17
chrisccoulsoni built the tarball with the new script, so i can do it on chinstrap (the old one relies on having mozilla-devscripts and a whole bunch of perl modules installed)07:18
chrisccoulsonperhaps i missed some files out07:18
micahgchrisccoulson: same think in Hebrew07:18
chrisccoulsonok, i guess i've removed one too many directories from the tarball ;)07:19
chrisccoulsonyay for stable release beta testers \o/07:20
* micahg is on oneiric :)07:21
chrisccoulsonright, but the original reporter is on natty ;)07:21
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: any luck with my zg error? :)07:26
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: I spent yesterday fixing some minor niggles that I *knew* I could fix, to boost my morale a little for the zg bug ;-)07:26
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: but I do have one idea I'd like you to try out...07:27
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: lol :)07:27
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: if you have 5 mins now?07:27
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: sure07:27
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: I have to pick my kids up at daycare in like 15 or so, but I have until then07:27
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: ok, i'll be quick...07:28
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: so edit ok, so edit /usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/extensions/fts.py07:28
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: with gksudo gedit, or sudo nano, whatever07:29
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: find the line where the crash occurs, 332 I think, and make it like this instead:07:29
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: self.QUERY_PARSER_FLAGS, "")07:30
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: ie. adding an extra param to the method call with an empty string07:30
jasoncwarner_yeah, done...should I log out and give that a shot?07:30
jasoncwarner_or is there more?07:30
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: yes07:30
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: that's it07:30
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: crossing fingers07:31
jasoncwarner_be back in a few07:31
pittihrmfp *#$(#$07:33
pittibug 848327 is driving me nuts07:33
pitticrashing compiz every hour07:33
pittibug 846059 rather07:34
ubot2`Launchpad bug 846059 in nux "compiz crashed with SIGSEGV in nux::WindowCompositor::SetKeyFocusArea()" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84605907:34
jasoncwarner_pitti: I'me getting that one as well...07:34
jasoncwarner_pitti: are you changing virtual desktops when you get it?07:34
pittijasoncwarner_: yes07:34
jasoncwarner_didrocks: is the ^^ bug the one you thought you fixed?07:36
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: :(07:36
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: I'll send you new log07:36
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: MEH! :-( This is the weirdest bug ever07:36
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: I swear to you I'm not doing anything weird .... just logging in!07:37
didrocksjasoncwarner_: the music lens one? not that one, I got this one only once since last released (but the stacktrace wasn't good as I was having locally installed package), I set it to next milestone and critical (as all crashers should be critical since last UDS discussion)07:37
pittididrocks: ah, may I bump 846059 as well then, and assign it to DX?07:37
didrockspitti: refresh the page :)07:38
pittididrocks: heh, thanks; shouldn't it have an assignee, though?07:38
didrockspitti: no need, the milestone is the only way they start having a look at it (they don't look at team assigned bugs)07:38
pittididrocks: ah, ok07:39
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: updated bug #839740 with my crash log07:39
ubot2`Launchpad bug 839740 in zeitgeist-extensions "zeitgeist-daemon crashed with RuntimeError in _check_index(): basic_string::assign" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83974007:39
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: thanks07:39
jasoncwarner_didrocks: sorry, meant the compiz one pitti and I were both getting07:40
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: and there's no chance whatsoever you have a weird libxapian? Fx. from CJK testing or something?07:40
didrocksjasoncwarner_: this one isn't supposed to be fixed, I got it first for the last release, I added it07:40
smspillazRAOF: ok so I did more debugging into this07:41
smspillazRAOF: so sometimes it seems like in ProcSendEvent07:41
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: looks like the calling conventions doesn't match up or something...07:41
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: this was a clean install on this box about a week ago07:41
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: ?!?!1107:41
smspillazstuff->event.u.u.type is 0b10011000 instead of 0b100110007:41
jasoncwarner_maybe two or three, now that I think about it07:41
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: it is my new x220...07:41
smspillazRAOF: so I'm wondering if the X server does any kind of bit conversion07:42
smspillazand something I am sending it is confusing it07:42
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: i'll be hanging out with gord and njpatel on mumble today, they both have x220s - let me see if they can reproduce as well...07:43
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: I told robert_ancell the same thing, but I have a nice new shiny ssd sitting on my desk waiting to be installed. but this and the lightdm lag issue are keeping me from reinstalling ;) don't want to lose these reference bugs!07:43
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: ok07:43
jasoncwarner_kamstrup: thanks...going to pick up the kids now...07:43
kamstrupjasoncwarner_: sure, go get them kids!07:44
chrisccoulsonpitti, oh, i found the problem with the missing translations. it seems that passing "--exclude l10n/*/extensions" to tar actually excludes l10n/*/toolkit/chrome/mozapps/extensions from our tarball, and not just l10n/*/extensions, which is what i really wanted ;)07:54
chrisccoulsonand that removes all of the addon manager translations07:54
pittichrisccoulson: uh, * matches / in tar?07:55
chrisccoulsonpitti - yeah, seems so07:55
chrisccoulsonthere is a "--no-wildcards-match-slash" option though07:55
chrisccoulsoni will give that a try07:55
pitti--do-what-I-mean :/07:55
chrisccoulsonheh :-)07:55
* pitti actually likes the "**" convention found in other projects like apparmor07:56
pittihey mvo, guten Morgen08:08
pittimvo: how does your post-holiday email backlog go?08:08
chrisccoulsonpitti, ok, "--no-wildcards-match-slash" seems to do the trick - http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mozillateam/firefox/firefox-trunk.head/revision/99808:22
smspillazRAOF: found the bug09:01
smspillazRAOF: but I'm not sure if it is a  bug09:01
smspillazRAOF: so .... ping me when you get this09:01
czajkowskican't boot to unity 3D since yesterdays updates only 2D . DEsktop looks like http://twitpic.com/6jzjdb  and http://twitpic.com/6jzjlo  once I get to login and hit enter.09:16
raj-darkmysteryIntel corporation Sandy Brudge Integrated Graphics Controller, no graphics in ubuntu 10.04, nomodeset is also not able to solve the issue :(09:20
ejatczajkowski: :( pity u09:27
ejatguys .. y in oneiric ... ubuntu unity plugin in ccsm not enable then if i want to enable it .. pop out says conflict ?09:28
czajkowskiejat: you're on a keyboard stop using text speak!09:29
ejatczajkowski: ?09:30
czajkowskiy u09:30
Sweetsharkpitti: I uploaded translate-toolkit-1.9.0-1ubuntu1 to chintrap, could you pick it up for sponsoring after issue 834443 (MIR) is through?09:32
ricotzrodrigo_, hello :), is there something wrong with the soname of folks? the configure.ac states version 26, libs are still at 25 and there is "/usr/lib/folks/26/backends/"09:37
rodrigo_ricotz, hmm, in
rodrigo_hmm, I thought I had checked it, and it was .25 still09:38
* rodrigo_ looks09:38
rodrigo_ricotz, http://pastebin.com/7SaQJeJ309:39
rodrigo_but yes, we have backends/2609:39
ricotzyes, i saw that and configure.ac lt_current is 2609:40
rodrigo_ricotz, I'll cook a patch for upstream09:40
ricotzso something is broken in there tarball/buildsys09:40
ricotzsame for 0.6.2 too09:41
didrockschrisccoulson: are you still updating gnome-screensaver?09:51
chrisccoulsondidrocks, oh, yes. will do that now09:51
didrockschrisccoulson: ok, was about to start it if you hadn't the time :)09:52
didrockschrisccoulson: btw, my question yesterday on the calendar was: "if I accept a calendar event", would I get any kind of notification (messaging menu? not e-d-s I guess…) for it in thunderbird?09:53
chrisccoulsondidrocks, with lightning?09:53
didrockswith the email we receive for scheduling a meeting09:53
chrisccoulsoni'm not sure what sort of notification you would get, as i've not been using it09:53
didrockshum, it seems that accepting it even doesn't show it in lighning anyway :/09:54
=== zyga is now known as zyga-afk
pittiSweetshark: that's apparently the wrong bug?10:02
pittiSweetshark: ahh, off-by-one10:03
pittiSweetshark: how does the MIR block the upload?10:03
chrisccoulsonwth, my laptop is in kazakhstan today, according to UPS10:07
ogra_on vacation ?10:07
chrisccoulsonogra_, in transit10:07
ogra_watch out, it might come home wearing a mankini !10:08
chrisccoulsoni hope it hurries up, i'm not sure how much longer i can make my current laptop last10:08
* pitti sends chrisccoulson another roll of tape10:09
chrisccoulsonheh :)10:09
czajkowskiogra_: you scare me at times10:09
ricotzrodrigo_, while you are looking at folks, configure.ac has a minor issue defining "BACKEND_EDS=" twice -- the first one should go10:09
Sweetsharkpitti: doh. The MIR does block the upload only in my twisted mind ;). Go for it!10:10
rodrigo_ricotz, ok10:11
pittiSweetshark: and there it goes; thanks!10:11
ricotzrodrigo_, could this be a toolchain problem? bumping it to 27 gives me 26, so it gets lowered somewhere10:20
rodrigo_ricotz, yes10:20
rodrigo_ricotz, btw -> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65889810:21
ubot2`Gnome bug 658898 in general "BACKEND_EDS defined twice in configure.ac" [Normal,Unconfirmed]10:21
ricotzrodrigo_, alright and thanks10:21
rodrigo_hmm, can't compile folks from git, it can't find the gir's, but they are installed10:26
rodrigo_ah, it's because I built vala without e-d-s installed10:28
* rodrigo_ retries10:28
ricotzrodrigo_, builds fine here10:28
ricotzrodrigo_, huh?10:29
rodrigo_ricotz, it didn't generate the vapi for the libs that were not installed10:29
ricotzvala doesnt depend on e-d-s10:29
rodrigo_no, it doesn't, but it seems it generates -vapis for all the .gir's it finds, doesn't it?10:30
ricotzthe oneiric e-d-s dev package should contain them10:30
rodrigo_yeah, I'm building on a separate prefix, with jhbuild10:30
ricotzah, i see ;)10:30
didrockspitti: are the 3 NEW bugs in OneConf due to PyGi in your opinion? https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/oneconf/+bugs?field.status:list=NEW10:33
didrocks(didn't took the time to ask you before about those, sorry)10:33
pittididrocks: hm, hard to say; could be, but usually the cause of these crashes are wrong annotations in a library10:36
pittimostly missing transfer ones, so an object gets free'd prematurely10:37
pittior a memory corruption because a library is used both statically and dynamically10:37
didrockspitti: hum, let's see if they get duplicates, if that's the case, I'll report them upstream (but yeah, now that you tell it, it was still at the time of mixed static and dynamic libraries usage for gsettings)10:38
pittiyeah, that will wreak havoc10:38
didrocksprobably the cause, let's see if that's happen again10:39
didrocksthanks pitti10:39
bigonricotz: mmmh with your gdm pkg, switching to a different user was not working from gnome-shell10:39
ricotzbigon, might be better to check this with gdm 3.1.9110:41
rodrigo_ls -l11:08
=== zyga-afk is now known as zyga
bigon12:41 < ricotz> bigon, might be better to check this with gdm 3.1.91 << you want to upgrade the pkg? :p11:11
ricotzbigon, you didnt get my pm?11:11
bigonI went out to get some food11:12
ricotzperhaps you could take a look at it11:12
bigonok I'll have a look at that tonight11:13
ricotzbut as i said they arent working for me ;)11:13
chrisccoulsonpitti, want to do a source package removal? :)11:17
chrisccoulsonbug 74905911:17
ubot2`Launchpad bug 749059 in libdbd-informix-perl "libdbd-informix-perl version 2008.0513-1 failed to build on i386" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74905911:17
ricotzdidrocks, hello, is it possible to make the "export of UBUNTU_MENUPROXY" session dependent? so only export it on unity sessions?11:18
didrocksricotz: sure, one sec, on the phone, I'll guide you then11:19
bigonricotz: I could try to upload caribou in debian11:20
tseliotchrisccoulson: when you need debugging data from the indicator, just ping me and I'll give it to you11:20
bigonbut it'll need to go throught the NEW queue11:20
bigonand well if some files doesn't have copyright statements, I'm not too sure if it will receive the ACK11:21
ricotzbigon, yes, do it that is alright, hopefully Luca doesnt find anything11:21
ricotzbigon, would be nice to get it synced11:21
bigonpoke me this evening if I've forgotten11:23
ricotzi'll try11:23
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
chrisccoulsonnice, my laptop has now left kazakhstan11:59
chrisccoulsonnow will it please arrive at my house :)11:59
kamstrup_chrisccoulson: laptop is make visit glorious nation kazakhstan?12:05
chrisccoulsonheh :)12:05
pittichrisccoulson: hey, can do; I'm just currently online from a VT, as I'm debugging lightdm12:12
pittichrisccoulson: can you assign the bug to me, please? I'll do it in a few then12:12
chrisccoulsonpitti - thanks12:13
pittichrisccoulson: I had expected Dell to ship it straight from Scotland..12:13
pittiat least ISTR that my Latitude back then came from tehre12:13
chrisccoulsonpitti - this one seems to have come from china12:13
* rodrigo_ lunch12:14
Sweetsharkpitti: ready to pick up a 3.4.3-1ubuntu2 fixing the ftbfs hopefully?12:21
ejatis it this bugs 847591 consider important right ?12:27
ubot2`Launchpad bug 847591 in packagekit "Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 127" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84759112:27
ejatluckily its in progress already .. but hope to get it fix a.s.a.p ....12:27
didrocksricotz: sorry, the meeting was long :)12:30
didrocksricotz: so yeah, it's possible to do that depending on session name12:30
didrocksricotz: see /etc/X11/Xsession.d/65compiz_profile-on-session for instance12:30
didrocksricotz: I would suggest that you add an additional file (in the gnome-shell package)12:31
didrocksricotz: and if != ubuntu and ubuntu-2d…12:32
=== zyga is now known as zyga-afk
czajkowskidaft question time folks, and sorry if this sounds stupid, but why would I be not able to log into Unity 3D and see a workstation desktop and nothing else, but log into unity 2D fine and continue on as normal ?12:39
ricotzdidrocks, np ;), i was more hoping to make this decision in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/80appmenu* and blacklist gnome-shell and similar there12:39
didrocksricotz: sourcing a file has still an impact on boot time12:40
didrocksricotz: it's better that's people not going with the core experience having to source it than everyone :)12:40
ricotzdidrocks, right, but setting the proxy in general a problem for some sesssion12:42
ricotzespecially after the timeout addition in the gtk3 menuproxy code12:43
didrocksricotz: for which one? if the renderer isn't detected, the menu is shown12:43
didrocksricotz: yeah, for the timeout, you can discuss with Cimi :)12:43
didrockson #ayatana12:43
ricotzthe timeout display the menu with an delay instead of hiding it ;)12:44
ricotzthis problematic either way of course12:44
didrocksricotz: indeed, and the easy way to do that for session that doesn't want it is to add this source file12:45
ricotzbut why isnt the export done on unity session start?12:45
didrocksricotz: because there is still the applet for gnome-panel?12:45
ricotzah, the indicator-appmenu thing12:45
didrocksyeah ;)12:45
pittiSweetshark: yeah, can do12:46
ricotzdidrocks, ok, i will look into this12:48
didrocksricotz: do not hesitate to ask me if you need any help :)12:48
ricotznjpatel, hello, did you get my bamf question?12:48
ricotzdidrocks, alright, ty :)12:48
didrocksricotz: yw :)12:48
Sweetsharkpitti: its on chinstrap. no l10n upload needed.12:48
pittiSweetshark: done12:49
ricotznjpatel, about the required glib version after the g_list_free_full usage12:50
czajkowskinjpatel: how goes them filtering of twitter :)12:52
njpatelricotz, i did, sorry I forgot to reply, what should it be bumped up to?12:52
njpatelczajkowski, heh, working on it ;)12:52
ricotznjpatel, 2.28, but i was hoping it could be replace to keep it compatible with older versions12:53
czajkowskinjpatel: on the plus side 6 more weeks left12:53
njpatelricotz, i don't mind, can you put up a merge request? i can make sure that it gets in for this week12:54
njpatelczajkowski, yay....I think.12:54
njpatelWait until Champions League/Euro2012, I'll get you back12:54
ricotznjpatel, ok, i can try ;)12:57
czajkowskinjpatel: I don't mind really, I look at it like I look at planet.u.c it's a community of random people who have lots of other hobies and sometimes I pick up a bit of new info12:59
njpatelczajkowski, indeed. I did mean it, though, sports is not the reason, it's mostly politics or $famous_person dying that I'd love to setup a filter for13:01
czajkowskinjpatel: indeed, I think a filter would be nice in some cases13:05
pittiargh, what happened? all my custom key bindings suddenly stopped working13:15
pitti... and FFM13:18
dobeyrodrigo_: can you take a look at bug 845321 please?13:28
ubot2`Launchpad bug 845321 in tomboy "Unable to setup Ubuntu One sync with Tomboy" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84532113:28
=== zyga-afk is now known as zyga
ricotznjpatel, https://code.launchpad.net/~ricotz/bamf/trunk/+merge/7517713:29
Laneychipaca and aquarius are looking at that13:29
aquariusindeed. chipaca was compiling the debian version of tomboy to see if the patches were the problem13:30
Laneybasically there are some internal api changes that the plugin needs to account for afaict13:31
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
njpatelrickspencer3, sweet!13:33
njpatelricotz, sweet!, even13:33
=== zyga is now known as zyga-afk
* Sweetshark is running 3 libreoffice builds right now, doing his share for global warming.14:02
* pitti grabs another ice then :)14:02
pittimeh, compiz is really getting to my nerves today14:04
pittican we please roll back to natty's?14:04
pitti(I'm not entirely serious, but this is maddening)14:04
pittiforgets keybindings, I get screen corruption which looks like a totally black window, moving a window down the stack doesn't move it fully down, etc.14:06
ogra_unity-2d FTW !14:06
pittioh, these were empathy "shadow" windows14:07
chrisccoulsonogra_, yeah, i switched to unity-2d, but mainly because of the window stacking problems in compiz14:08
chrisccoulsoni'd like to switch back at some point, but 2d is serving me quite well :)14:08
didrockspitti: \o/ making security fixes now? :)14:09
pittididrocks: Robert asked me to, as I'm more familiar with that stuff14:09
CardinalFangHi all.  I've proposed a package merge about a day ago for a new version of desktopcouch. Is there someone here who could take a look?  https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~cmiller/ubuntu/oneiric/desktopcouch/1.0.8-0u114:11
pittiCardinalFang: are there any bugs associated with this?14:17
pittiCardinalFang: (FYI, "edge" is distant history)14:17
CardinalFangpitti, oh, lp edge?  hah.  I haven't noticed.  //  I'll find bug reports.14:20
rodrigo_dobey, you pinged me last night, right?14:36
dobeyrodrigo_: yes14:36
dobeyrodrigo_: to ask if you could poke at that tomboy bug14:37
rodrigo_dobey, which bug?14:37
dobeyrodrigo_: bug 84532114:37
ubot2`Launchpad bug 845321 in tomboy "Unable to setup Ubuntu One sync with Tomboy" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84532114:37
rodrigo_ok, looking14:37
dobeyrodrigo_: it seems impossible to configure ubuntu one as a sync target on oneiric14:37
didrockschrisccoulson: I confirm that adding an even to lightning with the thunderbird ui doesn't work14:41
didrockschrisccoulson: there is a popup asking you "add to your calendar" (with a lightning icon)14:41
didrocksand it doesn't work, despite its "Added to calendar"14:41
rodrigo_dobey, hmm, syncing from tomboy doesn't work neither now14:46
dobeyrodrigo_: something broke in upstream tomboy config stuff i guess? maybe the gsettings switch?14:48
rodrigo_dobey, hmm, iirc I synced without problem last week14:48
rodrigo_so yeah, maybe the last upload broke it14:48
desrtrodrigo_: hey14:51
rodrigo_hey desrt14:51
desrtrodrigo_: pinging about this gnome-settings-daemon thing14:52
rodrigo_desrt, the glib fix you mean?14:52
desrti see you have some activity on the bug14:52
desrtand it looks like the crash still happens, even with the fix :/14:52
rodrigo_desrt, still trying to find if people are using the new glib14:52
desrtbut i don't understand how that is possible14:52
desrtunless it's a different backtrace14:52
rodrigo_yeah, not sure if people are using the fixed glib14:53
desrti had a testcase that got fixed with the patch14:53
desrtbut i don't know if the testcase was indicative of what's going on in this bug14:53
desrtsometimes there gets to be so many duplicates that it's hard to tell if it's all the same issue :)14:53
desrtthere was another bug in the gconf module of gnome-settings-daemon recently that might also be causing issues14:54
desrti guess you know about that, though :)14:54
rodrigo_yeah, uploaded a fix this morning14:55
desrtlet's let the dust settle a few more days then14:55
desrti need to know by the weekend is all14:55
desrtfor the .92 release14:55
rodrigo_I'll ping you if there's confirmation of it being fixed or not14:56
CardinalFangpitti, I added bug numbers to the changelog.   https://code.launchpad.net/~cmiller/ubuntu/oneiric/desktopcouch/1.0.8-0u115:02
pittiCardinalFang: thanks!15:07
pittiCardinalFang: uploaded15:09
CardinalFangpitti, thank you!15:10
pittijasoncwarner, Sweetshark, bryceh, chrisccoulson, didrocks, tremolux, Riddell, kenvandine, cyphermox, mterry, rodrigo_, seb128, tkamppeter, pedro_: meeting reminder in 15 mins15:15
rodrigo_pitti, ok15:15
ricotzrodrigo_, did you find a cause for the folks soname problem?15:16
rodrigo_ricotz, no, see https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65890515:17
ubot2`Gnome bug 658905 in general "LT_CURRENT is changed throughout the build" [Normal,Unconfirmed]15:17
pittimterry: "Provide a "Getting Started with Quickly" article for d.u.c", is that realistic for oneiric still?15:19
ricotzrodrigo_, hmm, i see15:23
ricotzso this is the way libtool versioning works? :\15:24
rodrigo_I'm not sure about it15:25
ricotzseems weird15:25
rodrigo_yeah, I've never seen that15:25
ricotzthis would mean they should jump over several sonames15:25
ricotzwhen resetting age15:25
rodrigo_ricotz, yeah, doesn't make sense15:28
andreasnchrisccoulson, stupid question: how do I edit the default-email blueprint? Got thumbs up from John so want to mark that as DONE15:28
chrisccoulsonandreasn, if you're signed in to launchpad, there should be a circular yellow coloured button to the right-hand side of the "Whiteboard" title15:29
ricotzrodrigo_, but somehow this is handled internally, so using the lt_current in backend-folder-path is confusing then15:29
rodrigo_ricotz, yes15:30
andreasnchrisccoulson, aha! thanks!15:30
pittiwhoops, it's time15:32
pittijasoncwarner, Sweetshark, bryceh, chrisccoulson, didrocks, tremolux, Riddell, kenvandine, cyphermox, mterry, rodrigo_, seb128, tkamppeter, pedro_: meeting starts15:32
pittihello everyone15:32
* pitti will try to make this quick15:32
tremoluxhey all15:32
pittiweekly summary is a little thin, did so few people do anything interesting last week? :-)15:32
pittipartner/unity/s-c updates are all on the wiki, thanks didrocks/tremolux!15:33
* Sweetshark sneakily tries to add some stuff to the summary15:34
didrocksyw :)15:34
pittitremolux, didrocks: do we need to discuss anything there?15:34
pittiSweetshark: right, like LibO 3.4.3 :)15:34
didrocksnot for me, all what is important should be on the wiki15:34
tremoluxI don't think so, we are just fixing bugs  :)15:34
pittitremolux: and you are doing well on that! :)15:34
mterryyay for volume slider fix!15:34
pittinow we just need a compiz that doesn't drive you mad, and all is well15:35
didrocks"life is beautiful" :-)15:35
tremoluxpitti: thx! the team has been amazing15:35
didrockspitti: hoping this week, but need serious testing before15:35
rodrigo_yeah, bug fixing all week15:35
pittias I announced yesterday, I'll hunt down individuals for leftover work items, as it didn't change much since last week, and we still have ~ 50 left15:35
pittibut that can happen off-meeting15:35
chrisccoulsonhi :)15:36
didrockshunting people? seems a nice game :-)15:36
pittiso, does anyone have something to discuss?15:36
didrocksI had a question, are we going to bring back the "configure on close the lid" option?15:37
pittiblockers, you have too many assigned RC bugs and need help, you need help with WIs, something that you observed in oneiric, etc.15:37
pittididrocks: eek, I thought we had15:37
didrocksrodrigo_: did we? ^15:37
pittibut apparently it's gone15:37
chrisccoulsonno, not yet, AFAICT15:37
pittiI'm happy to work on that, is there a bug for it already?15:37
rodrigo_didrocks, not for this cycle, afaik15:37
jbichathe Power panel is amazingly empty, especially on desktops15:38
didrockspitti: yeah, bug #79263615:38
ubot2`Launchpad bug 792636 in gnome-control-center "[Regression] Power section no longer allows configuration of "when the lid is closed" action in Oneiric" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79263615:38
pittiand the "on critical charge" combo is even empty15:38
didrockspitti: I could as well, but I think you are closer to those power management :)15:38
pittiok, I'll grab that; anyone opposed to bringing it back?15:38
chrisccoulsoni don't mind taking bugs like this too. it's nice sometimes to do non-thunderbird and non-firefox work ;)15:38
didrocks(I think it's all a +1 :-))15:39
didrockschrisccoulson: you have the nautilus bug, isn't it? :-)15:39
jbichapitti: no objections here, I think it'll be a nice PR win to bring back some things like that :-)15:39
chrisccoulsondidrocks, yeah, that one's a pain to track down ;)15:39
rodrigo_didrocks, upstream advocates for always suspending15:39
chrisccoulsoni already changed mine to not suspend when on AC15:39
didrocksrodrigo_: yeah, I followed the discussion on planet GNOME. Seems to bring a lot of troubles for a lot of our users15:39
didrocks(for instance, it's flaming on the french forum :))15:39
chrisccoulsonit's very common for me to shut the lid in the evening when building something, and i don't want it to suspend then15:39
pittiok, anythign else? if not, let's all go back to bug fixing :)15:40
jbichachrisccoulson: were you going to package gnome-screensaver?15:40
chrisccoulsonjbicha, i already did it, didn't i?15:40
didrocksisn't it uploaded already?15:40
chrisccoulsonat least, i think i uploaded it15:40
didrockschrisccoulson: I think I saw it15:40
jbichaoh, just now, never mind :-)15:40
rodrigo_yes, saw it also15:40
pittiok, then thanks everyone! adjourned15:42
didrocksthanks :)15:43
pittijbicha: can you please ping me when you are done with the wiki?15:44
jbichapitti: done15:44
tremoluxthanks all  \o15:46
rickspencer3hey all ..15:51
rickspencer3the accounts dialog box in t-bird is laughably too tall for my netbook screen15:51
rickspencer3chrisccoulson ^15:52
rickspencer3and unnesecessarily so15:52
chrisccoulsonrickspencer3, yeah, i think there's a bug about that15:52
* rickspencer3 cancels bug writing15:52
rickspencer3chrisccoulson, could someone fix it please?15:52
rickspencer3it's just a matter of tweaking the UI, right?15:53
chrisccoulsonrickspencer3, yes. i accept beer :)15:53
chrisccoulsoni'll take a look in a bit, i'm trying to fix didrocks messagingmenu problems atm15:53
rickspencer3chrisccoulson, I have beer15:53
chrisccoulsonWIN!! :-)15:54
rickspencer3right when I said:15:54
didrockschrisccoulson: \o/15:54
rickspencer3it's just a matter of tweaking the UI, right?15:54
rickspencer3compiz crashed15:54
pittirickspencer3: welcome to our pain15:54
rickspencer3I guess my computer didn't like that sentiment15:54
rickspencer3pitti, at least it restarted for me this time15:54
chrisccoulsonmetacity ftw ;)15:54
pittirickspencer3: anythign known?15:54
rickspencer3pitti, yes, the bug has many duplicates15:55
pittirickspencer3: in the sense of "lp finds a bug with teh same title?"15:55
pittiah, good15:55
pittichrisccoulson: "drop version specific install path from firefox (/usr/lib/firefox-5.0) so that defaults packages don't break with every update"16:00
pittichrisccoulson: I think you said you had an alternative solution for that, right?16:00
chrisccoulsonah, yes, i still need to do that :)16:00
pittichrisccoulson: should I rename the WI to "provide a stable location for distribution.ini"?16:01
andreasnrickspencer3, known issue, it's tricky to fix, but we have a longer-term plan to fix it16:01
chrisccoulsonpitti - yeah, can do16:01
rickspencer3hi andreasn16:01
pittichrisccoulson: thanks, updated16:02
andreasnrickspencer3, well, easy actually16:02
andreasnbut it needs a lot of rearranging16:02
andreasnlets see if I can find the bug, it was here somewhere16:02
pittiso, good night everyone!16:04
rodrigo_bye pitti16:04
andreasnrickspencer3, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41626316:05
ubot2`Mozilla bug 416263 in Account Manager "Account Settings dialog box too big for some screens (like asus EeePC) - can't be resized or scrolled" [Normal,New: ]16:05
rickspencer3andreasn, well, fortunately it can be easily resized16:06
=== zyga-afk is now known as zyga
didrocksgood night pitti!16:07
andreasnrickspencer3, so I know clarkbw was working on ui that moved these setting into a tab together with preferences, but I need to check up on the status of that16:09
cyphermoxandreasn: is that where the dialog itself smushes (technical term) into something totally unusable, or is it just displaying things offscreen?16:09
andreasnbut that shouldn't stop us from fixing the dialog. I'll look into this issue again and fix some of the stuff eating space16:09
andreasncyphermox, it hides the objects that don't fit, like scrolled away, except without a scrollbar16:10
cyphermoxwondering if this is the same thing as I saw before when editing signatures for multiple accounts, for instance16:10
andreasncould very well be16:10
cyphermoxsounds very much like it16:10
* didrocks waves good evening16:36
pgranerbryceh, ping18:07
JonOomphHi! I am trying to test a LaunchPad recipe using the command "bzr dailydeb openshot.recipe working-dir".  It generates a folder inside the working-dir with "{" and "}" characters.  Is there a way to configure the name of the "temporary" build folder?  Thanks!18:31
JonOomphSorry, posted my question in the wrong place... meant for the #launchpad channel18:33
=== chrisccoulson_ is now known as chrisccoulson
jcastromterry: hey have you seen this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/84907519:46
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 849075 in nautilus "Desktop menubar should not have "open new tab"" [Undecided,Confirmed]19:46
mterryjcastro, no, I hadn't19:47
jcastromterry: what's the workflow for raising a bug like this to make sure it gets put on someone's radar other than "I hope seb or pitti is in IRC"?19:47
jcastromterry: normally I just poke vandine but he's missing and you looked close. :)19:48
mterryjcastro, pedro is the Desktop bug analyst19:48
mterryjcastro, maybe assign to him?19:48
* jcastro nods19:48
mterryjcastro, (pvallivi on LP)19:49
mterrypvallavi i mean19:49
jcastrohe was gone so long, I had forgotten about him19:49
mterrypvillavi I mean19:49
* jcastro blushes19:49
micahgmterry: jcastro, it's pedro19:49
micahghmm, again I seem to miss backscroll...19:50
dupondjecould maby somebody else confirm that https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=657561 is still not fixed ?19:52
ubot2`Gnome bug 657561 in general "File transfer bar in status area" [Enhancement,Resolved: fixed]19:52
dupondjeI don't get an icon in the tray19:52
cyphermoxdupondje: indeed, I haven't copied large things in a while but I don't think this works19:58
cyphermoxhowever it's as in the bug, in gnome-shell maybe it works, in unity this has to be some form of an indicator that was dropped or that got broken19:59
dupondjein gnome-shell its broken :(20:00
cyphermoxdupondje: ah, don't know about that20:00
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 824158 in nautilus "Progress bar gets invisible in gnome3" [Undecided,New]20:01
dupondjecyphermox: just chatted with cosimoc, he ack's it should work. So prolly a ubuntu delta that breaks it20:03
cyphermoxdupondje: maybe mention progess bar in the upstream bug report20:03
cyphermoxyeah, I just don't see what that could be20:04
cyphermoxand my guess is it's probably not a delta in nautilus, but elsewhere20:04
dupondje<cosimoc> dupondje, the other condition is that the notification daemon implementation of the shell must not be preempted by another notification daemon20:04
dupondje<cosimoc> I know Unity has its own, so I was wondering if maybe that's the reason20:04
cyphermoxbut wait20:07
cyphermoxthere's two things there, notification icon thingamajig is not the same as a progress bar not showing after you hide and show the window again20:07
dupondjebut with the notification icon you should get the progress bar again ?20:09
achiangany Qt/X11 experts around? proxying a question for someone else, who wants to know, "what is the fastest way to display a picture? alpha blending not needed, and picture has same color depth as screen"21:10
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
broder"don't use a toolkit" :-P21:13
RAOFUse whatever Qt does; it's generally pretty fast.21:16
achiangRAOF: the response is, "in my experiment QPainter::drawImage is about 6 times slower than memcpy on the same data, so I guess there is some room for improvement"21:29
RAOFProbably.  Where are they memcpying to?  Drawing on the screen isn't necessarily the same as a memcpy.21:30
achiangRAOF: is there a mailing list i can direct this conversation to? the asker is actually more clueful than i am, so i'd like to connect him up with experts21:35
RAOFachiang: There's probably a Qt list; the xorg-users list could work.21:39
RAOFIs 6 times slower than memcpy really a problem, though? :)21:41
achiangRAOF: for what this person is working on, yes, it's a problem. :)21:47
achiangRAOF: i've found xorg@lists.fdo, and x11-users@lists.apple.com21:53
RAOFachiang: xorg@lists.fdo is probably good.  Is the user running OS X?22:00
achiangRAOF: nope, Qt on ubuntu (on arm)22:01
achiangRAOF: thanks, i'll point him there22:01
RAOFThey'll probably want more context than we've got here :)22:02
achiangyeah, that's why i was pushing for the mailing list. he was giving me a lot of context that i didn't want to re-type into irc. ;)22:07
jasoncwarner_morning RAOF robert_ancell TheMuso bryceh23:01
jasoncwarner_how are things?23:01
TheMusoHey folks.23:01
TheMusoWell thanks.23:01
jasoncwarner_ready for a quick meeting ( RAOF  and bryceh if you have time)23:01
RAOFHey ho!23:02
jasoncwarner_Alright... RAOF  and bryceh , do you guys have time ? [TOPIC] X.org update23:03
RAOFThe X front remains quiet.23:04
RAOFSam's got a patch to the event code to fix a bug that Compiz is triggering with how its' handling minimised windows; it'll be in the next server upload.23:04
RAOFWhich will be soon.23:05
jasoncwarner_RAOF cool....yeah, he and I were talking about that last night. Hopefully that is all fixed (and then the stacking stuff in compiz ;) )23:06
jasoncwarner_RAOF: anything else ? how is the conference going?23:06
RAOFGood.  We're surrounded by smart people :)23:06
RAOF(and ex-aussies at the moment :))23:07
RAOFThere's been a lot of interesting and useful conversations.23:08
jasoncwarner_RAOF: ex-aussies? Like, they said "screw that huge country with only 25 million people and no water! I'm moving to canada? ;)23:08
jasoncwarner_RAOF: very cool...23:08
jasoncwarner_Well, if X is quiet...23:09
jasoncwarner_robert_ancell: want to update unity-greeter and lightdm?23:09
robert_ancellunity-greeter has got ot23:09
robert_ancellit's ffe, so there will be an update today23:09
robert_ancellit also has some performance improvements, though these wont fix all the known slowness issue - we're still tracking that down23:10
robert_ancellthere will be an update of lightdm later in the week, which mainly consists of security fixes23:10
jasoncwarner_robert_ancell: is the slowness you speak of mostly me ? :) I'm available for some testing today, FYI.23:11
jasoncwarner_robert_ancell: ok, cool...23:11
jasoncwarner_robert_ancell: nothing more from design? do we need to push anything back other than what you have already pushed back?23:11
robert_ancelljasoncwarner_, you in particular, but I think you've indicated others are getting it and there are some people on the bug who seem to be getting it too23:11
robert_ancelldesigns are still coming, I'm working on the assumption that it's all going to be in 12.0423:12
jasoncwarner_robert_ancell: yeah, the most notable I've heard of is MDZ getting the same thing as me. on Design for 12.04...yup! good..thank!23:12
robert_ancellthere's some small design tweaks that would be nice to haves, but we'll just have to see how we go for time23:12
jasoncwarner_TheMuso: how about you? how are things?23:12
RAOFrobert_ancell: Has anything been thought about the keyboard indicator on the unity-greeter login screen?23:13
charlie-tcarobert_ancell: can you take a look at bug 84554923:13
ubot2`Launchpad bug 845549 in lightdm "Do not ship /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84554923:13
TheMusojasoncwarner_: Going pretty well thanks. Still working out a few small kinks in the accessibility enablement code for live/installer use when installing/trying Ubuntu, spent most of the day  yesterday testing and tracking those down. I am 99% sure I am on top of them all now, just got to another test run this morning, and then an upload by mid day, if not EOD for sure.23:13
robert_ancellRAOF, yes, there is an open bug on it.  It should be there23:14
TheMusojasoncwarner_: Audio looking pretty good, still pushing a few pulse bugfixes from upstream and from David Henningssen who is working on some jack detection stuff.23:14
TheMusojasoncwarner_: Still getting reports of users having issues on dist-upgrade with a11y packages, trying to work out exactly why.23:15
jasoncwarner_TheMuso: on the a11y stuff, let me know when you have the installer sorted..that is, I think, the last a11y for having a fully accessible desktop this cycle, right? using unity-2d?23:17
jasoncwarner_TheMuso robert_ancell RAOF bryceh anything else? AOB?23:17
robert_ancellcharlie-tca, yes, we need to bring in someone like pitti/seb128 on that bug.  We really need to deliver a config file by default otherwise it isn't themed properly.  I don't know the "correct" way to do that with dpkg and allow overrides23:17
TheMusojasoncwarner_: Right, still waiting on the unity-2d guys to actually fix a lot of the a11y bugs that have been reported, but yes installing the system will be accessible once these last few issues are sorted.23:17
jasoncwarner_awesome, thanks TheMuso !!!23:18
charlie-tcarobert_ancell: Thank you23:18
TheMusojasoncwarner_: once again, viewing all unity-2d bugs tagged with a11y will show you what still needs addressing.23:18
jasoncwarner_ok, sounds like that is about it...thanks everyone! RAOF and bryceh have fun and thanks for running down those nvidia folks.23:18
jasoncwarner_TheMuso: thanks, will do.23:18
jasoncwarner_k - [END MEETING]23:19
charlie-tcarobert_ancell: sorry about interrupting the meeting23:19
charlie-tcaI did not realize that was happening23:19
robert_ancellcharlie-tca, np23:19
charlie-tcaDo you want me to point pitti at the bug?23:20
bryceh2jasoncwarner_: heya; forgot today was tuesday23:20
bryceh2jasoncwarner_: anyway yeah conference is going great; lots of good conversations23:20
jasoncwarner_bryceh2: glad to hear!23:28

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!