/srv/irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/21/#ubuntu-meeting.txt

=== mdz` is now known as mdz
=== ikonia_ is now known as ikonia
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== chrisccoulson_ is now known as chrisccoulson
=== s1aden is now known as sladen
=== Pendulum_ is now known as Pendulum
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== fader_ is now known as fader
cjwatsonwell, mumble has decided it hates me, but I guess it's meeting time anyway15:03
slangasek#startmeeting15:07
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Sep 21 15:07:02 2011 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.15:07
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:07
* stgraber waves15:07
slangasekindeed it is!15:07
* slangasek waves15:07
mvohi15:07
barryhowdy15:07
evhi15:08
slangasekbdmurray and jhunt are off today; one to a conference, one on holiday15:08
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round15:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e cjwatson barry doko stgraber jhunt mvo ev bdmurray slangasek)15:08
slangasekbarry jhunt mvo slangasek ev stgraber bdmurray cjwatson doko15:08
barrysomehow, i knew i'd win today! :)15:08
barrymuch work done on ppa:pythoneers/lts to provide python 2.7 (and other lp dependencies) in a ppa.  this is up and running with hand-off to the launchpad folks (emailed launchpad-dev).  bug 847514.  debian bug 622279 (py27 blockers).  extensive c api subvertpy code review (was a blocker).  python bug 13021 (reference leak).  gtimelog hacking (merge pitti branch, keypress eating diagnostics, etc.).  developer experience cop.  todo: finish15:08
barryup gtimelog 0.7, release and upload.  continue with oneiric ftbfs and debian py27 blockers.  done.15:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 847514 in python-debian (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Convert Xubuntu CD to dh_python2" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84751415:08
ubottuDebian bug 622279 in release.debian.org "transition: python-defaults (switching default: 2.6 -> 2.7)" [Normal,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/62227915:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 13021 in Ubuntu "Allow console logins in a more intuitive way?" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1302115:08
mvojhunt is on vac, right? so its my turn15:09
slangasekmvo: yep15:09
mvoexecutive summary: lots of bugfixing work15:09
mvosoftware-center: debug/fix multiarch native/foreign hidding (#830508), discuss/prototype unity friendly review stats (lp:~mvo/software-center/review-stats-as-dbm-for-unity-with-best-regards), work with davmor2 on license-key tesitng, debug/fix crash on xubuntu (#854087), debug/fix software-center a-x-i db rebuild bug (#798632), fix db reopen bug when new stuff is added to the database (like via s-c-agent), do not log sensitive oauth token st15:09
mvouff to the console, do add offer NoDisplay=true as add-to-launcher (#844837), fix UI issue when fetching for more reviews (#848480), fix installed view show/hide nonapps, debug/workaround silly gtk3 width-for-height management bug with gtk.Alignment, retire the gtk2 code into lp:~mvo/software-center/retire-gtk2, branch merges15:09
mvoapt: debug/fix broken private-ppa adding on 401 on https, debug/fix broken Translations-$lang fetching fallback, cherry pick fixes from the debian-sid branch15:09
mvocommand-not-found: review/merge https://code.launchpad.net/~zkrynicki/command-not-found/fix-839609/+merge/7544015:09
mvobeta2: upgrade testing, ran head-first into cups hang #854490 and add some debug info15:09
mvodebug/fix gnome-codec-install multiarch issue (#851481)15:09
mvoaptdaemon: cherry-pick/review/upload new bzr snapshot to fix two high profile crashers (#812023, #846044)15:09
mvomisc: fixes in unattended-upgrades, apt-ddtp, apt-clone, fix some FTBFS15:09
mvoEOF15:10
slangasekmvo: did you see the recent report that trying to install a foreign-arch deb via s-c doesn't work?15:10
slangasekbug #85483915:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 854839 in software-center (Ubuntu) "Skype i386 fails to install on Oneiric 64bit" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85483915:10
mvoslangasek: meh, let me look15:10
mvoslangasek: aha, I think this is actually a bug in python-apts debfile handling15:11
mvothat should be trivial (famous last words ;)15:11
mvoits a downloaded deb15:11
slangasekyep15:11
slangasekare upgrade tests working better now with the cups change?15:12
mvoyes, one success around lunchtime so far15:12
mvothen I got sidetracked by unity and the need to share some review data with them15:13
slangasekgreat (the success, not the sidetracking) :)15:13
mvobut I will run the next one now15:13
slangasekcool15:14
slangasekmy go15:14
mvohonestly I think this task should be taken over by QA officially, jibel is doing a better job then me anyway15:14
slangaseksure, it does fit better in QA... are the two of you duplicating effort right now?15:14
mvoI would not call it duplication, but we do both test upgrades15:15
* slangasek nods15:15
mvoprobably using slightly different scenarios etc15:15
slangasekenabled flicker-free boot for lightdm (bug #849954); if you're still seeing boot-time flickering, please file bugs; found a race condition in shutdown when more than one dm is installed (like lightdm + gdm) that causes the spinning-dots-on-text issue, fixes staged for post-beta, but I also just saw the bug again here with the fixed packages so there's another race I haven't found; traipsing through plymouth code to try to find the bug 15:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 849954 in plymouth (Ubuntu Oneiric) "FFe: enable flicker-free boot with lightdm" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84995415:18
slangasek... loop that's still causing people to see segfaults, can't spot the bug and can't reproduce it, so if anybody else can and wants to be remote hands, let me know15:18
mvoflicker free++15:18
stgraberslangasek: I still saw flickering at boot time when plymouth started but I'm on dual-head so it's very likely the problem15:19
barryslangasek: boot-time flickering != login-time flickering, right?15:20
slangasekupdates done for ca-certificates to fix a regression in openssl's ability to verify certificates (bug #854927), then spent yesterday scrambling to fix ca-certificates-java when this provoked deletion of libnss3 on the systems of users having -java installed (bug #855171, bug #855246)15:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 854927 in openssl (Ubuntu Oneiric) "c_rehash creating bogus links to ca-certificates.crt" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85492715:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 855171 in ca-certificates-java (Ubuntu) "libnss3.so went missing after upgrade" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85517115:20
stgraberslangasek: grub only starts on my laptop, then plymouth starts on both displays, the transition between the two causes a black screen on my laptop's monitor15:20
slangasekdone15:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 855246 in ca-certificates-java (Ubuntu Oneiric) "ca-certificates 20110502+nmu1ubuntu3 (and ca-certificates-java 20110912ubuntu2): Exception in thread "main" java.security.ProviderException: Could not initialize NSS" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85524615:20
=== macer1 is now known as macer1_
slangasekstgraber: right, single->dual head might always give a flicker... but can you test with the external monitor disconnected?15:21
stgraberslangasek: yep, will test that15:21
slangasekfwiw, *I'm* still getting a flicker there... dunno what it is15:21
ev- Fixed bug 838068 (APs going away when trying to query their properties)15:21
ev- Fixed the installer panel and ported to GTK315:21
=== macer1_ is now known as macer1
ev- Fixed setting the desktop wallpaper by writing a small C helper.15:21
ev- ISO and Wubi testing15:21
ev- Fixed bug 852054 (advanced partitioning link doesn't work)15:21
ev- Fixed bug 837406 (installer window sizing issue)15:21
ev- Fixed bug 848938 (online/offline handling in ubiquity)15:21
ev- Expenses for Plumbers and travel for UDS.15:21
ev- Fixed ubiquity tests and uploaded a new version.15:21
ev- Further discussion with Gema (QA) on installer bugs.15:21
ev- Fixed a bug in lupin that prevented a grub configuration being generated for15:21
ev  wubi disk images.15:21
ev- Fixed biosdevname and libpci for Dell and OEM services.15:21
ev- Taught Wubi and lupin to create swap space for disk image installs.15:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 838068 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Oneiric) "ubiquity crashed with DBusException in call_blocking(): org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83806815:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 852054 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Oneiric) "During installation process: Clicking "advanced partitioning tool" won't open partitioning tool" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85205415:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 837406 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Oneiric) "installer dialogue buttons fall off bottom of the screen on netbooks with small displays" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83740615:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 848938 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Oneiric) ""Download updates" unavailable after connecting to WiFi" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84893815:21
evdid that get cuff off somewhere?15:22
evshould end with (done)15:22
stgraberev: last line was "- Taught Wubi and lupin..."15:22
ev - Finally merged my Wubi test branch.15:23
ev - Fixed bug 848000 (Don't show the battery warning on desktops).15:23
ev(done)15:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 848000 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Shouldn't show "should be plugged in" when on a desktop" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84800015:23
* slangasek plugs a battery in to his desktop15:24
stgraber- IPv6 testing15:24
stgraber - Switched from generating kvm instances to using LXC (so we can test on ARM)15:24
stgraber - Managed to get debian-installer running in a container15:24
stgraber - Implemented a basic test suite for netcfg15:24
stgraber - Now trying to figure out why one of the tests doesn't pass and will then have that code running daily15:24
stgraber - Next up is NM automated testing which should be a lot easier than netcfg15:24
stgraber- Worked around bug 838809 by restoring pre-oneiric behaviour of not starting open-iscsi when root is on iscsi and filed bug 850960 for the actual problem15:24
stgraber- Uploaded new friendly-recovery fixing quite a bunch of bugs15:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 838809 in open-iscsi (Ubuntu Oneiric) "authenticated and unauthenicated iscsi clients fails to complete boot" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83880915:24
stgraber- Quite a few more pre-beta freeze uploads (last minute seed change for Edubuntu and some bugfixes/translations update)15:24
stgraber- Starting poking at the ISO tracker code, trying to port it to Drupal 7 and get LP authentication working (while waiting for IPv6 test results)15:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 850960 in open-iscsi (Ubuntu) "iscsid tries to reconnect existing session at startup, failing to do so and hanging the system" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85096015:25
stgraber- TODO15:25
stgraber - Edubuntu ISO testing (haven't had a beta2 candidate yet, hopefully won't need much fixing)15:25
stgraber - Finish the automated IPv6 testing and push the code somewhere15:25
stgraber - Get WebLive up and running for Oneiric (both full sessions from edubuntu.org and single app export in software-center)15:25
stgraber - Still need to spend more time trying to get TPM working in a PPA15:25
stgraber(done)15:25
slangasekso no ISO tracker migration to django this cycle? :)15:27
stgraberI think everyone agrees that we shouldn't mess too much with the tracker for an LTS :)15:27
slangasekcjohnston:15:28
slangasekoops15:28
stgraberbut if someone wants to rewrite it, we have quite a few nice specs that we worked on at the past 6 or so UDSes :)15:28
slangasekah, we've lost cjwatson15:28
slangasekdoko:15:28
evhe just sent me a text15:28
evhe's having ADSL problems15:28
slangasekev: doh - thanks15:28
doko- ~110 uploads to fix ftbfs (still didn't catch cjwatson's karma ;)15:28
doko- sponsored ~20 ftbfs uploads15:28
doko- package removals for ftbfs15:28
doko- arm test rebuild did finish15:28
doko- binutils upload to fix regression with --as-needed/-flto and --fopenmp/-flto15:28
evhe's not sure if he'll be back for the meeting, but he has an engineer booked for the morn'15:29
doko(done)15:30
slangasekdoko: I saw skaet asking for more info about the binutils upload; did you two come to an agreement about getting this in?15:31
dokoslangasek, I did reply, but never got an answer15:32
slangasekok15:32
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugs15:33
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugs
slangaseksince Brian couldn't be here, he asked me to cover a few things with bugs15:33
slangasekwe have another new report up tracking stale bugs that are marked "in progress":15:34
slangasek[LINK] http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/foundations-bugs/canonical-foundations-old-in-progress-bug-tasks.html15:34
slangasekdefined as a bug that's been in progress more than a month15:34
slangasekcjwatson: hi there - http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/foundations-bugs/canonical-foundations-old-in-progress-bug-tasks.html15:34
slangasekcjwatson: you've just missed the lightning round; do you want to report now?15:35
slangasekmaybe not :)15:36
slangasekso, in-progress bugs - I'd like us to take just a couple minutes to go through these quickly and see where they are15:36
cjwatsonhi15:37
cjwatsonsorry, was waiting for feedback in ... #ubuntu-release ;-)15:37
slangasekand see if they should be unassigned or set back to 'triaged' instead15:37
cjwatsonsome more FTBFS work15:37
cjwatsongrub2: fixed missing licence declaration that broke hwmatch (850202)15:37
cjwatsoncurl/xmlrpc-c: helped out server team with adding udebs (831496)15:37
cjwatsonos-prober: belatedly merged Surbhi's btrfs work (764893)15:37
cjwatsoninstaller: translation updates; fixed some IPv6 bugs spotted by St├ęphane; fixed failure to set up multiarch correctly (853738); fixed ubiquity test failures15:37
cjwatsonlsb: fixed amd64 symlink bug spotted by Till (638450)15:37
cjwatsonlive-build: backported ext4 support for ARM team (803547)15:37
cjwatsonxdeb: fixing up to work properly on oneiric; fixing various bugs that have crept in; merges; made multiarch code only trigger if multiarch is configured appropriately; trying to fix dependency resolver15:37
cjwatsonubuntu-archive-tools: sprucing up iso.qa posting support with the aim of adding auto-posting to cdimage15:37
cjwatsonlooking at creating InRelease files to reduce archive skew problems - apparently some security concerns though15:37
cjwatsonswitched to unity-2d; rather fewer desktop slowness problems now15:37
cjwatsonhaving intermittent ADSL router problems; engineer visit scheduled for tomorrow morning15:37
cjwatsoncoming down with something; please only expect minimal supply of brainpower15:37
cjwatson..15:37
slangasekcjwatson: thanks15:38
slangasekbug #341876 - ev, mpt assigned this to you and marked it in progress, is that accurate?15:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 341876 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "[Feature Request] Setup WiFi" [Wishlist,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34187615:39
evslangasek: it's done, fixing :)15:39
slangasekok :)15:39
cjwatsonI've set the three I know about back to Triaged15:39
slangasekbug #434173 - mvo?15:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 434173 in update-manager (Ubuntu Karmic) "[karmic] Regression from 9.04 in getting fully translated Ubuntu installation" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43417315:40
cjwatsonwhich is regrettably probably more accurate15:40
slangasekprobably not in progress for karmic anymore, at least...15:40
mvoslangasek: I need to re-read this one15:40
cjwatsonalthough bug 441941 is arguably generally done and should have individual failures filed as separate bugs, but it's a swamp of a bug ...15:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 441941 in grub2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "grub fails after running Windows" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/44194115:40
slangasekmvo: ok, take your time :)15:41
slangasekand the last one then is for jhunt; will check in with him later15:42
slangasekother bugs on bdmurray's radar:15:42
slangasekbug #83958415:42
ubottuLaunchpad bug 839584 in ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "package ubuntu-desktop 1.242 failed to install/upgrade: ErrorMessage: dependency problems with unity-2d" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83958415:42
mvoslangasek: I think i need to embed a copy of the check-language-support script15:42
* mvo puts it on his todo15:42
slangasekmvo: well, the immediate question is, is it really "in progress" or should we mark it as something more realistic like "triaged"15:43
mvobug #839584 is a bit mysterious, I suspect its a failure in the apt ordering code actually which is pretty nasty15:44
ubottuLaunchpad bug 839584 in ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "package ubuntu-desktop 1.242 failed to install/upgrade: ErrorMessage: dependency problems with unity-2d" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83958415:44
slangasekmvo: the log in bug #839584 confuses me... it seems to be trying to configure ubuntu-desktop before installing the dependencies, which isn't supposed to happen15:44
slangasekright15:44
mvoexactly15:44
slangasekshould we triage that over to apt?15:44
mvowe have in debian-experimental the result of SoC work in the ordering code that adds a extra verification step to ensure this does not happen15:44
mvobut there is regression risk here, I would not want to merge this just now (even though the new code had a good bunch of runs through various upgrade scenarios)15:45
slangasekright15:45
slangaseklet's not rip out the package manager's guts post-beta ;)15:45
mvoexactly15:46
mvoI reassign to apt15:46
slangasekthanks15:46
mvoI will also try to reprodue with apt-clone15:46
slangaseknext, bug #85212815:46
ubottuLaunchpad bug 852128 in update-manager (Ubuntu) "Poor performance while "Calculating changes"" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85212815:46
slangasekmvo gets all the fun bugs15:47
mvomeh15:47
slangasekthis one looks like it might be pretty easy to fix for oneiric, though...15:47
slangasekanyone *other* than mvo interested in having a look at it?15:47
mvothat is (again) a apt issue I think15:48
slangasekbut an apt bug that doesn't require fiddling with resolver code.  Not the highest priority bug either, but if someone wants to take a swing at it, feel free15:49
mvohm, or maybe not, I have look,15:49
slangaseklast one: bug #83966215:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 839662 in man-db (Ubuntu) "package man-db 2.6.0.2-2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83966215:50
mvoa non-apt bug, wooooh15:50
slangasekyes, merely a debconf bug :)15:50
slangasekcjwatson: is this error familiar?15:50
slangasek debconf: DbDriver "config": rename failed: Is a directory15:50
cjwatsonhuh, that's a new one on me15:50
cjwatsonI suspect fs corruption, but have posted asking for more details15:52
slangasekok15:52
slangasekthanks15:52
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB15:52
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekanything else?15:52
slangasekis anyone here seeing crash reports from plymouthd?15:53
slangasekwe get plenty of duplicate reports, but I have no idea what the common element is :/15:53
slangasekev, cjwatson: rickspencer3 was saying yesterday that he was having trouble installing from USB with the daily; was this a known issue (to you)?15:54
evnope15:54
evbug reports welcome15:55
* slangasek nods15:55
slangasekI'll circle around15:55
evthanks15:55
slangasek#endmeeting15:56
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Sep 21 15:56:16 2011 UTC.15:56
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-09-21-15.07.moin.txt15:56
slangasekthat's a wrap then15:56
slangasekthanks, guys!15:56
evthanks!15:56
cjwatsonthere's an outstanding bug about grub still being installed to the wrong place sometimes15:56
barrythanks!15:56
dokothanks15:56
stgraberthanks!15:56
mvothanks15:56
slangasekcjwatson: I had the impression that things were failing for him much earlier... but yeah, more info needed15:58
=== mdz` is now known as mdz
=== MichealH` is now known as Guest53887
Ursinha#startmeeting Ubuntu QA Team17:03
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Sep 21 17:03:18 2011 UTC.  The chair is Ursinha. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.17:03
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired17:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Team Meeting | Current topic:
Ursinhaapologies in advance as it's the first time I chair this meeting :)17:03
Ursinharoll call!17:03
Ursinhawho's here?17:03
Ursinhao/17:03
charlie-tcao/17:04
Ursinhahggdh, hello :)17:04
Ursinhawho else?17:04
gemao/17:04
Ursinha:)17:05
Ursinha[TOPIC] Previous Actions17:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Team Meeting | Current topic: Previous Actions
Ursinhathe only one was about Ursinha chairing this week17:05
Ursinha:)17:05
Ursinhamoving on17:05
Ursinha [TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing17:05
Ursinha[TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing17:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Team Meeting | Current topic: Community Efforts/Testing
Ursinhaanyone has updates on community efforts?17:05
jibelHi o/17:05
Ursinhahi jibel :)17:06
nuclearbobhowdy /o17:06
Ursinhaand nuclearbob17:06
Ursinhaany updates on this one?17:06
jibelI do17:06
Ursinhago ahead17:06
jibelthis week we are testing Oneiric Beta 217:06
jibelGood candidates have been posted only few hours ago so coverage is quite low (Image Coverage       : 27.63% (21/76))17:07
jibelThere is still 1 day of testing before the release of Beta 2, so please go to http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/all/notcompleted17:07
jibeldownload an image and test it.17:08
jibelBug status on Beta 2 testing:17:08
=== MichealH` is now known as Guest6567
jibel * Critical  : 2 (2 closed)17:08
jibel * High      : 16 (2 closed)17:08
jibel * Medium    : 1017:08
jibel * Low       : 1 (1 closed)17:08
jibel * Wishlist  : 117:08
jibel * Undecided : 10 (1 closed)17:08
jibelthe full list is there http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-bugs/reports/iso-testing-open-all.html17:09
jibelthat's all from me on beta 2 testing17:10
Ursinha..?17:10
gemahe's probably gone to continue testing17:11
gema..17:11
jibel..17:11
Ursinha:)17:11
jibelsorry17:11
Ursinhacool17:11
Ursinhano problem17:11
Ursinhaanything else from anyone on that topic?17:11
Ursinhamoving on17:11
Ursinha[TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing17:11
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Team Meeting | Current topic: Automated/Systems Testing
gemao/17:12
Ursinhago ahead gema :)17:12
gemanot much to update this week, I am still looking for people that can send comments on the test analysis for ubiquity, so if anyone else wants to volunteer that'd be good17:12
gemaand I am helping with Beta 2 as well17:13
gemanothing else from me17:13
gema..17:13
Ursinhacool17:13
Ursinhaso please help gema :)17:13
UrsinhaI have something as well, not sure if entirely related17:13
UrsinhaI'm testing the new checkbox as ara asked us to do (using checkbox ppa) but it seems there's no gtk or cli packages available17:14
Ursinhaara isn't here17:14
charlie-tcao/17:14
Ursinhago ahead charlie-tca17:14
charlie-tcaI didn't forget, I just ran a bit short of time. I am sorry and will get to it this week, gema17:14
gemanot a problem, charlie-tca, there's still time :)17:15
gemaI was trying to recruit more minds :)17:15
gema..17:15
charlie-tca..17:15
Ursinha:)17:15
Ursinhacool17:15
Ursinha[action] Ursinha to chase checkbox package problem with ara17:15
meetingologyACTION: Ursinha to chase checkbox package problem with ara17:15
Ursinhamoving on then17:15
Ursinha[TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status17:15
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Team Meeting | Current topic: Engineering Team Bug Status
Ursinhahggdh, is it your time to shine? :)17:16
Ursinhahmm17:16
jibelUrsinha, hggdh won't attend this meeting17:16
Ursinhahe might not be around17:17
Ursinhaah, ok17:17
Ursinhajibel, is that permanent or just today?17:17
jibeltoday17:17
Ursinhaokay :)17:17
Ursinhaso, I'm working on adding an apport hook to powernap package17:17
Ursinhaalso working on a prioritized report of bugs for the server team17:18
Ursinhaand also tweaking the SRU report so it won't break launchpad when it runs.17:18
Ursinha..17:18
Ursinhabdmurray, pedro_, hello folks! anything for us this week?17:18
pedro_not from me at least, been catching up since holidays and triaging iso testing bugs17:19
jibelBrian couldn't be here either17:19
Ursinharight, thanks pedro17:19
Ursinhaor pedro_17:19
Ursinhajibel, okay.. :)17:19
Ursinhalet's move on then17:19
pedro_he's with hggdh? ;-)17:19
Ursinhalol17:20
Ursinha[TOPIC] Other Topics17:20
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Team Meeting | Current topic: Other Topics
Ursinhafree for all17:20
Ursinhaanything else you have in mind?17:20
gemawe would like to improve a lot going forward17:20
gemathe automation testing for Ubuntu17:20
gemaso if anyone has any thoughts that they want to see implemented17:20
gemaI would like to see them coming our way :D17:21
Ursinhagema, cool :) where to get started on that?17:21
gemaexactly !17:21
UrsinhaI mean17:21
gemaanything, we are where we are and we would like to improve17:21
Ursinhawhere could one get started on that? :P17:21
Ursinhais there a wiki page or something for an interested person?17:22
gemaideas, whenever you've been testing, where have you seen room for improvement17:22
gemawhat would you do different if you had time to17:22
gemawhat do you find confusing17:22
gemaanything17:22
Ursinhaseems good17:22
Ursinhagema, is there a page where ideas are being discussed/noted?17:22
gemanot yet, but we will get there17:23
Ursinhacool :)17:23
gemaput an action on me to make that happen17:23
Ursinha!17:23
Ursinha[action] gema to create a starting point (page or something) to discuss and note automation testing for Ubuntu17:23
meetingologyACTION: gema to create a starting point (page or something) to discuss and note automation testing for Ubuntu17:23
gemathanks17:23
gema..17:23
Ursinhais that ok?17:23
Ursinhacool17:23
Ursinhaanyone else?17:23
Ursinhathanks gema!17:24
Ursinha[TOPIC] Chair Selection17:24
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Team Meeting | Current topic: Chair Selection
Ursinhagema, do you have that blinky shuffle command in there?17:24
Ursinhahandy17:24
gemait was shuf and the names17:24
gemaof whoever is here17:25
Ursinhahehe17:25
Ursinhathat would be me, you, jibel, pedro_, nuclearbob and charlie-tca17:25
gemano, not out of the box, gimme a sec17:25
charlie-tcalooks like this in terminal:17:25
charlie-tcashuf -e hggdh patrickmw pedro_ bdmurray jibel Ursinha nuclearbob gema charlie-tca|head -117:25
Ursinhaawesome charlie-tca17:26
charlie-tcawell, take out some names, I guess17:26
gemayep, that's it17:26
jibelUrsinha, propose a patch against the bot to add a meetingology command17:26
Ursinha[action] Ursinha to add irc commands to the next chair17:26
meetingologyACTION: Ursinha to add irc commands to the next chair17:26
Ursinhajibel, you did or you want me to do that? :)17:26
jibelyou will17:27
Ursinhahahaha17:27
* Ursinha appends that to her TODO list17:27
Ursinha14:27:01 ursula@galactica: ~ $ shuf -e hggdh pedro_ jibel Ursinha nuclearbob gema charlie-tca|head -117:27
Ursinhajibel17:27
charlie-tcaYay, jibel17:27
Ursinhahow does that look?17:27
charlie-tcalooks right to me17:27
Ursinha:)17:27
jibelhaha, what a coincidence, I don't trust your terminal17:27
UrsinhaI can printscreen that!17:28
Ursinha:)17:28
Ursinhajibel, if that's not ok I can run that again17:28
jibelUrsinha, no problem, that's perfect17:29
Ursinhagood then :)17:29
Ursinhaso17:29
Ursinha#endmeeting17:29
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Sep 21 17:29:31 2011 UTC.17:29
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-09-21-17.03.moin.txt17:29
Ursinhathanks guys!17:29
pedro_Ursinha, thanks for chairing!17:29
gemathank you!17:29
* jibel immediate worry is to have Beta 2 covered17:29
charlie-tcaUrsinha: thank you for chairing17:29
Ursinhano problem!17:29
jibelThanks Ursinha17:29
Ursinhait was a nice experience, I can do that again if you want :)17:30
=== med_out is now known as medberry
=== ashams_ is now known as ashams
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Darkwing1uck is now known as DarkwingDuck

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!