=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== plars-away is now known as plars
=== Joeb454 is now known as Shrubby
=== Shrubby is now known as Joeb454
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Sep 29 15:00:03 2011 UTC.  The chair is NCommander. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.15:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:00
* janimo waves15:00
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/Meeting/2011/2011092915:00
NCommanderthere are no outstanding action items15:01
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-arm.html15:01
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/ubuntu-arm-ubuntu-11.10-beta-2.html15:01
ogra_that doersnt make any sense :)15:01
ogra_B2 is gone15:01
NCommanderthe burndown chart looks good, we completed pretty much all major work items this cycle15:02
NCommander[action] Everyone to postpone any remaining work items15:03
meetingologyACTION: Everyone to postpone any remaining work items15:03
ogra_yeah, doko trashes our statisticts15:03
ogra_i think the postponing happened already15:03
ogra_i only see three Wi left15:03
ogra_two from doko, one assigned to the team ?15:03
ogra_why the heck is that assigned to the team15:04
janimoquite a few of my WIs are testing/research which are not affected by a particular release date15:04
GrueMasterI need to postpone the lava work.  Seems the system was reengineered and will require me to rethink how I deploy it (again).15:04
ogra_janimo, didnt you add the 4M boundary stuff already ?15:04
NCommanderI just postedponed my one oustanding work item15:04
janimoogra_, add it where? I think that was done first in Oneiric15:05
ogra_janimo, yes, me too, thats why i ask you :)15:05
ogra_there is an open WI for it15:05
ogra_align rootfs to 4M boundary on OMAP preinstalled images (debian-cd)15:05
janimoGrueMaster, yes, I had two lava WIs . One took too long for little benefit, the other I just postponed. No more yak-shaving for me15:05
infinityPretty sure I merged that in debian-cd for janimo months ago.15:05
ogra_i think i merged code from you that had this15:05
ogra_or reviwed15:06
janimoogra_, so it is done, not sure where it is to be added. You mean it does not show up in the tracker?15:06
ogra_janimo, it does, but not assigned to you15:06
janimothat may be because silly syntax in the whiteboard then15:06
janimoah. weird. Anyway it is done :)15:06
* ogra_ will fix that post meeting, i just wanted to be sure it happened15:06
NCommanderanything else here or can I move?15:06
janimoit happened. OTOH I saw no perceptible speed gain in booting panda with that partition alignment15:07
NCommander[topic] ARM Server Status (NCommander, Daviey)15:07
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ARM Server Status (NCommander, Daviey)
GrueMasterogra_: I'll mark the bug as fix released.15:07
ogra_yeah, thx15:07
NCommanderwith the exception of guided partitioning (will cover in image status), I'm very happy with the state of our server images and feelthey are ready for release15:08
NCommanderanyone got anything else?15:09
ogra_Daviey, ??15:09
ogra_doesnt look like15:09
NCommander[topic]Kernel Status (cooloney, ppisati)15:09
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Kernel Status (cooloney, ppisati)
ogra_audio !!!15:10
ppisatia new omap4 kernel has been pushed yesterday15:10
ppisatiwith 4460 support and some other goodies15:10
ppisatitoday the audio fix should go in15:10
janimoppisati, also support for pvr is in?15:11
janimoor rather did not regress15:11
ogra_janimo, i think rsalveti cared for that15:11
ogra_in the tree we merged15:11
ppisatijanimo: the new gfx driver you mean?15:11
* rsalveti waves15:11
janimonot that I have an omap4 to test on but ...15:11
janimoppisati, yes15:11
ppisatishould be a separate pkg, but the kernel we pulled had a couple of reverts to accomodate it15:11
rsalvetijanimo: in theory it should work with the driver already available at the ppa15:12
rsalvetijust didn't test it yet15:12
ogra_would be good to know before release if it works ;)15:12
ogra_but thats still weeks :)15:12
ogra_janimo, what about ac100 ?15:13
janimoit works15:13
ogra_do you plan another upload with the quietening patch ?15:13
ogra_or do we keep that for post release15:13
janimoif there's any more fixes needed they should be batched in an upload15:13
janimoogra_, what does it quiet exactly? nvec?15:13
ogra_k, i agree15:13
ogra_janimo, the horrtible niosy boot15:14
janimoogra_, I'd rather have it before release. Also enable MD/DM as those were dropped vs your package15:14
ogra_janimo, k, then go ahead :)15:14
janimoogra_, hmm, nosiy boot, isn't that taken care of by quiet on the cmdline?15:14
janimook, we'll discuss it on ac10015:14
ogra_but it wasnt acxtually quiet15:14
ogra_marvins tree has the fix already15:15
* janimo needs to check.15:15
* ogra_ is done15:15
janimook, but he also has crazy zcache stuff, so I may need to cherry pick . We'll see15:15
rsalvetippisati: and remember that to have proper 4460 support we still need to fix bug 85197415:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 851974 in u-boot-linaro (Ubuntu) "FFe: u-boot-linaro 11.09, misc fixes for new silicon and boards" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85197415:15
ogra_zcache needs to be explicitly enabled on kernel cmdline15:15
ogra_dont bother15:15
ppisatirsalveti: is uboot going to be updated?15:16
ppisatii mean, the pkg in the archive15:16
rsalvetippisati: it needs to be updated :-)15:16
ogra_rsalveti, jcrigby is already working on the upload (i acked the bug)15:16
rsalvetiogra_: great, thanks15:16
ogra_does he need a sponsor ?15:17
* ogra_ forgot to ask15:17
rsalvetiwill include the release team then15:17
ogra_NCommander, ? move ?15:18
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, janimo)15:19
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, janimo)
janimonothing to report15:19
janimocurrently looking at ido ftbfs15:19
NCommanderSo the guided partition on omap isa bit of a problem. Specifically, you can't set a device in a partman reciepe. The documentation is misleading since the device{} tag only works for LVM15:20
ogra_topic ?15:20
NCommanderThis doesn't fit into ARM porting?15:20
ogra_i thought you wanted to save it for image :)15:20
* ogra_ throws bug 857299 in the room15:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 857299 in banshee (Ubuntu) "banshee window remain white on startup on pandaboard" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85729915:21
ogra_i fear that needs serious caretaking15:21
ogra_and it happens on ac100 too15:21
janimoah, banshee again15:21
NCommanderThat being said, partman-uboot is done, and works extremely well, so it adds sanity checking. I'm unsure though if I should upload it this late (although it will properly add warnings to an unbootable configuration)15:22
ogra_NCommander, whats its status now (i.e. the package we have in the archive) ?15:22
ogra_i assume its worse ?15:22
NCommanderwe have nothing in the archive, I was holding off uploading. Uploading partman-uboot will get the netboot installer to do error checking, but I don't know how to force the installer straight to the manual partitioning screen15:23
NCommanderas such there is no error or sanity checking during partitioning on OMAP15:24
ogra_partman-uboot isnt there from the dove times ?15:24
NCommanderoh, no its there15:24
NCommanderTheres just no OMAP code in it as of writing15:24
ogra_and its unusable atm15:24
ogra_right and we dont support dove15:25
ogra_upload away !15:25
NCommanderright the current partman-uboot does nothing on OMAP. The new version fixes it15:25
NCommander(actually, I left dove support in incase it ever comes back :-))15:25
NCommanderuploading now15:25
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:25
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)
ogra_well, archive is skewed15:25
* NCommander headthunks15:25
ogra_up to yesterday they built fine15:25
janimomx53 boot and installer is very slow15:26
ogra_hey, x86 skew this time15:26
janimoslower than I remember the omap3 to be15:26
ogra_how is the system after install ?15:27
ogra_i think we can live with a slow install if the system itself is ok15:27
ogra_(and with a slow boot fwiw)15:28
janimoogra_, it worked apart from trying to start ubiquity again. Need to see again with oem-config out15:28
* GrueMaster proposes going back to live/installer images for P.15:28
janimothis was yesterday's image15:28
janimoGrueMaster, +115:28
ogra_GrueMaster, make the install faster than 2h and we can talk15:29
janimoif that measn installers like x86 ubuntu uses15:29
ogra_it also means extra hours for testing15:29
janimoogra_, something worth at least investigating. spec?15:29
ogra_and we will likely have more arches next round again15:29
ogra_janimo, definitely15:29
janimoogra_, only if we keep preinstalled. Which is a misnomer as it still asks questions and takes time15:30
* ogra_ is all for not diverging (though preinstalled fulfills a need as well) 15:30
GrueMasterThe point is we need some way to get off of SD if the system has a better medium available (USB, SATA, etc).15:30
infinityWe just need to sort out how to add in-place/resize as an option to d-i.15:30
janimounlike linaros which is really a dd-able preinstall, albeit without the luxury of picking name for user 100015:30
infinityI think I may have a spec for that.15:30
NCommanderWe'll spec it for UDS15:30
ogra_yeah, there is a d-i spec for that15:30
ogra_infinity, did you solve the slideshow issue ?15:31
* ogra_ saw all the other fixes but cant remember that one15:31
infinityogra_: Fix committed to ubiquity.  Was an upload done while I was asleep?15:31
ogra_i dont think so15:31
ogra_thanks !15:31
ogra_NCommander, move ?15:33
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster, mahmoh)15:33
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: QA Status (GrueMaster, mahmoh)
GrueMasterWith the current state of the daily images, I really shouldn't comment.15:34
GrueMasterSo much is broken (at least for me).15:34
GrueMasterServer images are fine.  Desktop....15:34
ogra_desktop up to date from a week ago works relatively fine here on the ac10015:35
GrueMasterWhere to start. yesterday's daily omap4.  Oem-config recycles instead of finishing install.   One indicator was flash-kernel not syncing befor umount.15:36
GrueMasterChanged flash-kernel, but it doesn't appear to be the only issue.15:36
infinityI can't reproduce that looping business. :/15:37
ogra_well, there are a bunch of fixes in the archive already but we didnt get images yet15:37
infinity(I could reproduce the f-k thing, and it's fixed)15:37
GrueMasterEnabled debugging in oem-config only increases the useless messaging by 10-20x.  Still no failure indicator, except now it crashes.15:37
ogra_the looping wont happen if oem-config is uninstalled at the right timwe15:37
ogra_so thats a moot bug15:37
GrueMasterSo why isn't it uninstalling?15:37
ogra_since the deinstallation shoudl be fixed now15:37
ogra_preseed issue15:38
GrueMasterBut there was no indication.15:38
GrueMasterNothing in recent logs.15:38
ogra_inifnity fixed it15:38
ogra_in live-build i think15:38
GrueMasterIf that was the oem-config-gtk, it is in yesterday's image.15:39
infinityBut you won't get to oem-config-remove if oem-config is crashing for you.15:39
ogra_was that supposed to be fixed in yesterdays ?15:39
infinitySo, that might still need investigation.15:39
GrueMasterAnd I still don't know why oem-config is crashing.15:40
GrueMasterI have looked through every log.15:40
NCommanderanything else?15:41
ogra_not from me15:41
GrueMasterAt any rate, other issues I have been seeing are sound (analog audio device renamed from SDP4430 to Panda in the kernel without alsaucm conf files being updated).  And I haven't been able to get much further in daily testing.15:42
GrueMasterNothing else here.15:42
ogra_well, and dont expect images for the next two days given the upload rate15:42
GrueMasterI don't expect images until Tuesday, earliest.15:43
ogra_i guess sat or sun images should work again15:43
* GrueMaster won't hold his breath.15:43
ogra_indeed and i didnt mean to ask you to work on sat or sun :)15:44
GrueMasterIf they are there, I may give them a cursory glance over morning coffee.15:44
infinityGrueMaster: The audio device name was reverted.15:45
ogra_s/was/is just being/15:45
GrueMasterinfinity: I know.  I am just reporting it for the meeting minutes.15:45
infinityI'll stick with was, I accpted that last night!15:45
GrueMasterI am actively in that discussion even now during the meeting.15:45
ogra_infinity, well, reading the #ubuntu-arm backlog it is just being changed15:46
GrueMasterAnd until it is in an image, the issue remains open.15:46
ogra_NCommander, move :)15:46
NCommander[topic] Linaro Updates (rsalveti)15:47
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Linaro Updates (rsalveti)
infinityOh, nevermind, the revert last night was DRM names.  I guess we're changing drivers all over the place. :P15:47
* rsalveti waves15:47
rsalvetiguess the main things we have to report are kind at ubuntu already :-)15:48
rsalvetithe work on the tilt tree, to make it work with 446015:48
rsalvetinew u-boot-linaro release, fixing 4430 ES2.0 and bringing support for 446015:48
rsalvetilibjpeg-turbo is now at the archive15:48
rsalvetiother than that we have a release today15:49
rsalvetiand plan to start moving to oneiric next week already15:49
rsalvetithat's most from my side15:49
GrueMasterrsalveti: What changes to u-boot are there on the beagle side?  Is it just to sync the source tree?15:50
rsalvetiGrueMaster: boot timeout is now 2 secs15:50
rsalvetiand generally just code sync with upstream15:51
GrueMasterAh, good.15:51
GrueMaster10 seconds was a bit excessive.15:51
NCommanderanything else, we're almost out of time15:51
NCommander[topic] AOB15:52
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
* ogra_ has something15:52
ogra_since we have our own ARM track at UDS again now ... and will have to give a summaryx at the end again ...15:53
ogra_which always costed us half the day to collect on friday ... davidm thought it would be good if we had a closing meeting every day after the last session15:53
NCommanderI'll be working at putting together a draft of all server blueprints based off the PBLueprintIdeas Page15:53
ogra_so everyone will have to write down stuff about the sessions he was in at end of the day15:54
ogra_tahts all ... just wanted to announce that15:54
NCommanderclosing the meeting out in 315:54
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Sep 29 15:55:01 2011 UTC.15:55
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-09-29-15.00.moin.txt15:55
=== jacob_ is now known as jacob
=== Claudinux__ is now known as Claudinux_
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!