=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
arahello o/14:58
Amozhi \o14:59
brendandhi o/15:00
araOK, thanks for coming to the Ubuntu Friendly meeting15:01
aralet's get started :)15:01
meetingology`Meeting started Mon Oct  3 15:01:24 2011 UTC.  The chair is ara. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.15:01
meetingology`Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:01
araThe agenda today looks like this:15:01
ara * Testing Checkbox 0.12.8 and cleaning up results -- ara15:01
ara * AOB15:01
araAs usual, I would encourage anyone to add topics to the main meeting wiki page:15:02
ara#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFriendly/Meetings15:02
ara#topic  Testing Checkbox 0.12.8 and cleaning up results -- ara15:02
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Testing Checkbox 0.12.8 and cleaning up results -- ara
araMost of what we were able to do for the client for Ubuntu Friendly is now done and uploaded to Ubuntu as Checkbox 0.12.8. Now is time to test it as much as possible and start tweaking the server based on the results that we get.15:02
araWhat I think that we need to do:15:03
ara * Clean up UF old results (they were made with versions of Checkbox that had too many bugs)15:03
ara * Everybody with an Oneiric system, please, use Checkbox 0.12.8 (not the PPA), and run the tests required for Ubuntu Friendly15:03
araThe idea is to see what numbers are we getting and to see if we need to make changes to the server side.15:03
araAny comments?15:03
aracr3, go ahead, please15:03
cr3Should we have an objective to get X number of systems with more than one star for the next meeting, where we could agree on X during this meeting?15:03
arajedimike, your turn15:03
jedimikeI was just going to ask how to make sure I'm running the latest checkbox, as I've been using the ppa in the past15:04
araOK, to cr3 question, I think we should try to get X number of submissions made with 0.12.8, we cannot guarantee the stars they will get :)15:05
arajedimike, if you are running Oneiric, apt-get install checkbox version=0.12.8 should do the trick15:05
aracr3, go ahead15:05
cr3We should probably not be considering any Oneiric results before at least RC, I don't think a development release should be considered friendly.. because they're mostly unfriendly anyways :)15:05
cr3ara, go ahead :)15:06
araagree, but I think that we need newer data (and cleaning up old one) so we make sure that 0.12.8 will give good results once 11.10 gets released15:06
araroadmr, sir15:07
roadmrum, at the *very* least everyone here should be able to submit a more-than-one-star result, all our laptops should work fine by now15:07
roadmrif not, we'd have to look at why :)15:07
arajedimike, your turn15:07
jedimikethe reason I'm asking during this meeting is to that it's on record and everyone can be sure they're running the right version of checkbox15:08
jedimikeso, I'm *not* using the ppa, just the default oneiric sources15:08
jedimikeand I've done a full apt-get update and upgrade15:08
jedimikeand apt-get install checkbox version=0.12.8 complains that it can't find that version15:09
jedimikeso I want to make sure the instructions we give here work for people following along :)15:09
aracr3, I think it is your turn15:10
cr3ara, I don't understand the purpose of cleaning up the old data, is it to verify that the star systems works? that could be useful for testing purposes, but I think data prior to RC should be removed.15:10
aracr3, cleaning up = remove15:10
cr3ara: ah! thanks for the clarification :)15:10
arasorry for the confusion :)15:11
arabrendand, your turn15:11
brendandfor jedimike, and others listening - one thing you can do is 'dpkg -l | grep checkbox'. The PPA version will have 'bzr' in its version number15:11
brendandi guess if you've been using the PPA you might need to 'apt-get remove checkbox', then 'apt-get install' again15:13
arabladernr, all yours15:13
bladernrSo assuming that I'm running 0.12.8 (apt-cache on my x201 says I am) and I run the tests and submit, is there anyting I need to do to get my results to appear in UF (and I'm assuming that is the bit.ly link) I've run checkbox and submitted several times but I've never seen my system appear in the UF listings.15:13
arabladernr, when was the last time you run it?15:14
cr3bladernr: results tracker updates from launchpad every hour, ubuntu friendly updates from results tracker every hour too, so it should appear within two hours15:14
bladernror wherever the site is currently sitting... since the bit.ly link is dead ;-)15:14
bladernrara:  it's been a week or two by now... got busy with other things15:14
cr3crap, I wish the results tracker would show the systems per user:
bladernrcr3:  that's what I thought, but i never saw it show up in either place...  Oh well, I'll try again today and see what happens.15:15
cr3who the heck wrote that piece of crap :(15:15
arabladernr, is not here: ?15:15
arajedimike, go ahead15:16
bladernrara:  oh what do you know... it DID show up15:16
cr3ara: action item? jedimike, bladernr and I to look into his system?15:16
bladernrok... forget what I said, it DID end up in there.  It just wasn't there previously... I swear! :-)15:16
jedimikeI now have checkbox 0.12.8, hurrah! For people who've been using the PPA - you must move it from your sources, apt-get remove checkbox; (this will also uninstall ubuntu-desktop, so don't be surprized by that) and then apt-get install checkbox15:17
araOK, so couple of action items if you guys agree15:17
ara#action cr3, jedimike: to remove results, as they are not useful and it is making it impossible to see what's still failing15:18
meetingology`ACTION: cr3, jedimike: to remove results, as they are not useful and it is making it impossible to see what's still failing15:18
ara#action All to submit at least 1 system using checkbox 0.12.8 by next meeting15:18
meetingology`ACTION: All to submit at least 1 system using checkbox 0.12.8 by next meeting15:18
aracr3, go ahead15:18
cr3just to be clear, results will not be removed from the results tracker :)15:19
aracr3, cool, thanks for the clarification15:19
araeverybody agrees on the action items, otherwise?15:20
arajedimike, go ahead15:20
jedimikeso, the action is for me to remove the current 1-star results from the results tracker, and only import results submitted from current time onwards?15:20
arajedimike, also the 4.5 one ;-) as brendand cheated a bit on that one :P15:21
jedimikeheh ok15:21
arabladernr, your turn15:21
bladernrcould cr3 or jedimike send an e-mail out to the UF list when the purge is complete so we'll know when to start sending (hopefully) legitimate test results in?15:21
arabladernr, good idea, I guess they could :)15:22
cr3bladernr: I think legitimate results should happen when we consider oneiric to be legitimate15:22
bladernrcr3:  semi-legitimate then15:22
aracr3, legitimate results as in legitimate for the action item :)15:22
bladernror... faux-legitimate15:22
cr3ok, my brain just leaked15:22
cr3ara: go ahead15:22
aracr3, is it possible to discard submissions that are being done by checkbox < 0.12.8 ?15:23
cr3ara: nope, client information is not recorded15:23
aracr3, thanks15:23
arabrendand, your turn15:23
brendandi'll answer 'no' to bluetooth/file-transfer next time (if it hasn't been removed?)15:24
arabrendand, it was removed15:25
arajedimike, your turn15:25
jedimikethere's still a problem with the bluetooth/detect test15:25
jedimikeit fails, and checkbox asks you to submit a bug15:25
jedimikelooks like the reason it fails is that the bluez-hcidump package isn't installed15:25
jedimikethat shouldn't not be installed if we're running checkbox, surely?15:26
jedimikeI'm submitting a bug report15:26
araAmoz, your turn15:26
Amozshouldn't it save the client and ubuntu versions (beta, RC etc.) so we can look at the actual progress for a new release in terms of UF:ness?15:27
arabrendand, your turn15:27
brendandthe bluetooth/detect test is just the output of 'hcitool dev'. it doesn't depend on bluez-hcidump. it fails if there is no bluetooth device on the system, which makes sense15:28
aracr3, go ahead15:29
cr3Amoz: UF'ness is a good point but rather complicated to scale for the ubuntu community because it would require recording all the packages installed in order to detect things like packages installed from PPA, etc.15:30
aramy turn, I guess15:30
araso, to Amoz, that'd be useful but as cr3, it is very difficult to implement. But we might consider it for future versions15:31
cr3ara: blueprint?15:31
arato brendand, jedimike on the detect one15:31
jedimikebrendand: I appreciate the test doesn't need hcidump, and when the test fails and it asks me if I want to submit a bug, it asks me to run that command, which isn't installed. It's just confusing that the test is meant to fail if I have no bluetooth hardware, and yet it asks me if I want to submit a bug...15:32
jedimikeBeing a fan of ubuntu and wanting to improve it, of course I want to submit a bug15:32
arabrendand, the test is not meant to be run if the system does not have bluetooth15:33
jedimikeAh, then that might be the problem, I have no bluetooth hardware and yet the test is running15:33
arabrendand, or if it is meant to be run, then it shouldn't count as failure in UF15:33
arabrendand, jedimike: let's take this offline15:33
araAmoz, your turn, agian15:33
Amozto clarify, if checkbox is able to send the info about whether it's beta1/rc/alpha the UF site could just ignore all the versions except the stable ones.15:34
Amozthis way everyone can see the big picture, but not cluttering the UF site with development releases15:34
aracr3, yes, sir15:34
cr3Amoz: accurately detecting beta1, etc. is very complicated. it can only be determined reliably by comparing the set of packages and their versions to the state of the archive within the delta of the release you're interested in... pain! :)15:35
Amozah, of course. thanks for clarifying that15:36
araanything else on this topic?15:36
cr3Amoz: the best that can accomplished, with meh accuracy, is checking the output of lsb-release for development vs stable or the kernel version... but, as I said, that's "meh" at best15:36
cr3Amoz: fyi, that was considered pretty important at some point, so likely to be worked on eventually15:37
aracr3, Amoz: the blueprint that might cover those topics is: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/certify-planning/+spec/hardware-p-cert-selftest15:38
cr3ara: thanks!15:38
araanything else on this topic, or shall we move on?15:39
ara#topic Any Other Business?15:39
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Any Other Business?
araAny last minute topic?15:40
araOK, let's wrap up then15:40
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingology`Meeting ended Mon Oct  3 15:40:52 2011 UTC.15:40
meetingology`Minutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-10-03-15.01.moin.txt15:40
arathanks all!!15:40
roadmrthanks :)15:40
cr3just kidding :)15:41
amithkkwrong tab..16:39
jdstrandlet's get started17:00
meetingology`Meeting started Mon Oct  3 17:00:52 2011 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.17:00
meetingology`Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired17:00
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:17:01
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting17:01
jdstrand[TOPIC] Announcements17:01
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Announcements
jdstrandUbuntu 11.10 is scheduled to release in next week. If you are interested, it would be great if people helped make sure that the [[https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-cve-tracker|Ubuntu CVE Tracker]] is up to date for the devel release (particularly for universe/multiverse packages).17:02
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report17:02
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first17:02
jdstrandthis may be a potentially short week for me-- I am attempting to swap this friday for monday17:02
jdstrandI'm in the happy place this week17:02
jdstrandI have at least one more MIR security review I need to do (almost done!)17:03
jdstrandhope to get to my few remaining work items (they aren't tied to the release)17:03
jdstrandalso doing UDS preparation17:04
jdstrandand https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseCycle duties17:04
jdstrandI figured I can take the qrt testing, we'll coordinate outside of this meeting via the wiki like normal17:04
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up17:04
sbeattiejdstrand: FYI, I set up the QRT testing wiki page already17:05
mdeslaurI have a couple of updates ready to go, and will work on testing them this week17:05
mdeslaurmonday, I'm off, because it's Turkey day, or Queen day, or Queen Turkey day, or something17:05
jdstrandsbeattie: exceelent17:05
mdeslaurI will also be creating the uds blueprints this week17:05
mdeslaurI'm also on triage, and kernel workflow duty17:06
mdeslaurthat's it from me17:06
mdeslaursbeattie: you're next17:06
sbeattieI've got a couple of updates that I'm still working on.17:07
sbeattieI'm also doing UDS prep17:07
sbeattieAs well as QRT testing for oneiric.17:07
sbeattieI think that's it for me.17:08
sbeattiemicahg: poke.17:08
micahgChromium updates (for real this time :)), possibly QRT browser run through for oneiric, patch pilot17:08
micahgtyhicks: you're up17:09
jdstrandoh, I'm patch piloting this week too17:09
tyhicksI am doing the community role for my first time this week17:09
tyhicksOutside of learning and carrying out those duties, I'll be working to fix several eCryptfs bugs17:09
tyhicksjdstrand: That's it for me17:10
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages17:10
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Securi17:10
=== Daniel0108 is now known as EvilDaniel0108
=== TheDaniel0108 is now known as Daniel0108
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions17:11
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?17:11
sbeattietyhicks: congrats on the first USN and on picking up the normal rotation duties!17:12
tyhickssbeattie: Thank you!17:12
jdstrandtyhicks: yes, congratulations!17:12
mdeslaurtyhicks: congrats!17:14
tyhicksNow to get much faster at those roles :)17:14
tyhicksThanks jdstrand and mdeslaur!17:14
jdstrandI guess that's it. thanks guys!17:15
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingology`Meeting ended Mon Oct  3 17:15:26 2011 UTC.17:15
meetingology`Minutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-10-03-17.00.moin.txt17:15
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand17:15
=== bulldog98_ is now known as bulldog98
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== IdleOne is now known as IknowNotUbuntu
=== IknowNotUbuntu is now known as IdleOne
=== NCommander is now known as Guest45434
=== Guest45434 is now known as NCommander
=== NCommander is now known as Guest61019

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!