=== bigbash is now known as zz_bigbash
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
czajkowskipopey: thank you for bringing up that topic! *hugs*07:13
popeyheh np07:16
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
* slangasek waves14:59
* stgraber waves14:59
meetingology`Meeting started Wed Oct  5 15:00:14 2011 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.15:00
meetingology`Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:00
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round15:00
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e cjwatson barry doko stgraber jhunt mvo ev bdmurray slangasek)15:00
slangasekdoko jhunt cjwatson slangasek mvo bdmurray stgraber barry ev15:01
evwoohoo! I win15:01
slangasekdoko: care to start us off? :)15:01
* ev frantically types15:01
dokooops, jhunt, please go ahead ...15:01
jhuntLots of work on bug 829980, bug 849414 and bug 818177.15:01
ubottuLaunchpad bug 829980 in upstart (Ubuntu) "upstart-udev-bridge eats 100% cpu calling dbus_message_iter_append_basic()" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82998015:01
ubottuLaunchpad bug 849414 in plymouth (Ubuntu P-series) "plymouthd crashed with SIGSEGV in ply_event_loop_process_pending_events()" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84941415:01
ubottuLaunchpad bug 818177 in udev (Ubuntu Oneiric) "boot failures caused by udev race" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81817715:01
cjwatsond-i: avoid grub-installer crash with legacy non-os-prober menu generation (#851704)15:02
cjwatsonxdeb: upload 0.6.5, sync to oneiric15:02
cjwatsongrub2: recovery mode gfxpayload tweak (#854967)15:02
cjwatsonubiquity: SSID Unicode fix (#839143), async geoname fetching (#837217), oem-config Qt encoding fix (#837042), reliable disk ordering (#770711), fix oem-config-prepare KDE logout inhibition (#856418), kill update-apt-cache reliably (#743359), working on Chinese language handling (#590108)15:02
cjwatsonpatch pilot on Tuesday morning15:02
slangasekjhunt: any closer to the bottom on bug #818177? :)15:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 818177 in udev (Ubuntu Oneiric) "boot failures caused by udev race" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81817715:04
jhuntjhunt: no :(15:05
jhuntproblem is partly being able to reproduce the issue.15:05
jhuntadam has a high hit rate, but I set up a system to reboot constantly and didn't get a hit in 25 reboots.15:06
dokook, ready15:06
slangasekcan he give you console access to his system?15:06
jhuntI've tried lots of lvms, lots of plain disks.15:06
cjwatsonmight help to widen the race by deliberately slowing down some relevant udev rules?15:06
cjwatsonusually a helpful tactic with race conditions15:07
jhuntI'll try that. I've tried slowing down some *disks* but that didn't help :)15:07
cjwatsonincidentally somebody posted to ubuntu-users with a problem opening /root/dev/console; they say that they fixed it by fscking15:08
cjwatsondunno if that's relevant ...15:08
cjwatsonadmittedly that was with 10.04, and it's not quite your same bug15:09
cjwatsonso ignore if it's a distraction :)15:09
jhuntI'll keep it in mind.15:10
slangasekdoko: go ahead15:10
doko- some last ftbfs fixes (xdotool, ruby-rails, ghdl, mmpong, xzgv, qcontrol)15:10
doko- OpenJDK6 fixes for armel, IcedTea-Web update15:10
doko- start working on toolchain updates for the p-series15:10
doko- propose to better handle library syncs from experimental (ubuntu-devel)15:10
doko- document new compiler flags: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CompilerFlags15:10
doko- write up https://wiki.ubuntu.com/P-SeriesOpening15:10
cjwatsonheh, I'd actually like perl 5.14 but only if Debian does it first ...15:11
cjwatson(Debian #637809)15:12
ubottuDebian bug 637809 in release.debian.org "transition: perl 5.14" [Normal,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/63780915:12
dokoright, was just looking for an example for each section ;)15:12
dokowould like to get some feedback on this list, but maybe after the lightning round15:13
cjwatsonthe list looked OK although we should do debhelper early as well15:13
dokoright, my intention is to write to u-d, to have people add things15:14
cjwatsonshould probably only list things that block general opening though15:15
slangasekthanks for the mail about experimental libraries too, I hope we'll see some improvement in how those are handled this cycle15:15
slangasekme next:15:16
slangasek- lots of flicker-free boot testing over the weekend15:16
slangasek- fixed initramfs to include vesafb fallback on FRAMEBUFFER=y, fixing bug 864149, bug 563878, bug 77190515:16
slangasek- revert various nvidia blacklists that are counterproductive needed (bug #854967, bug #864149)15:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 864149 in nvidia-graphics-drivers-updates (Ubuntu Oneiric) "initrd doesn't set keyboard layout when nvidia drivers are installed (FRAMEBUFFER=n override)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86414915:16
slangasek- write up some documentation of how the boot-time graphics fit together15:16
slangasek- teased the intel guys about nvidia working better15:16
slangasek- work with Clint to pin an issue with failsafe network handling (bug #863864)15:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 563878 in initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) "Ubuntu splashscreen big and ugly after installing ATI/nVidia proprietary graphics driver" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56387815:16
slangasek- work with stgraber to fix text messages showing on the console in ubiquity (bug #813065)15:16
slangasek- taught debhelper to always pass dpkg-buildflags to perl MakeMaker build system.  Harden the world!15:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 771905 in initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) "(natty/nvidia) No logo at boot on nvidia card" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77190515:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 854967 in nvidia-graphics-drivers-updates (Ubuntu) "boot to rescue mode in Oneiric" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85496715:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 863864 in upstart (Ubuntu) "/etc/init/failsafe.conf doesn't actually stop on runlevel" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86386415:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 813065 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Live session switches to VT console briefly" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81306515:16
bdmurrayslangasek: where is the boot time graphics documentation?15:17
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BootGraphicsArchitecture15:17
slangasekbdmurray: good point :)15:17
mvomy turn?15:18
slangasekmvo: yep!15:18
mvosoftware-center: fix HOME base license keys debug/fix xapian DocumentNotFound hang, fix crash in software-center a-x-i plugin (#819907), code review/branch merges, merge lp:~gary-lasker/software-center/license-fix-lp864706 and add test, debug/fix #865985 and add test-case, update html/qml versions to trunk15:18
mvoupdate-manager: fix leaking auth info into upgrade log (#839094), test/upload u-m crashfix on amd64/multiarch, reproduce/fix gcc-4.4 upgrade issue (#853688)15:18
mvoupdate-notifier: finish appindicator port, test, upload to oneiric (in the queue)15:18
mvopython-apt: fix crash with latest vte (#865388), add __cmp__ for apt.Package to make sorting by name the default on apt.Package sorts15:18
mvounattended-upgrades: merge fix from Iain Nicol15:18
mvoapt: work on lp:~mvo/apt/apt-key-net-update-master-fix215:19
mvomisc: bug triage, send initial patch and test libgnome-desktop3/gnome-settings-daemon dpms fix (#862139), test/upload libglib2.0-data fix for bug #854622, ran into libappindicator bug #833945 and propose fix,  libcanberra: create fix for crash in gtk-module #834403 that affects s-c15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 854622 in glib2.0 (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Could not install libglib2.0" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85462215:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 833945 in aptdaemon (Ubuntu) "Allow to install system wide license keys" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83394515:19
mvopiston-mini-client: work on better proxy support (LP: #863717)15:19
mvoaptdaemon: fix crash in progress #85868415:19
bdmurraybug triage and testing of iso-testing bug reports15:20
bdmurrayubuntu bug control application review for Fathi, Ahmed Shams15:20
bdmurrayadding in date generated information to ubuntu-reports reports15:20
bdmurrayteam recent package bugs improvements (display median numbers and not just top 5 packages)15:20
bdmurraychanging colors of fixing and triaging graphs to match colors Launchpad uses for bug statuses (LP: #855517)15:20
bdmurrayset up apport on cranberry and implemented a consolidate-bugs bugpatterns script there15:20
bdmurrayfixed lp_buttontags to reload the web page with the tag consistently15:20
bdmurraywriting an lpltk script to open series tasks and copy status / importance15:20
bdmurrayset up postgres and udd on the canonistack server15:20
bdmurrayreview bugs found with similar titles using udd15:20
bdmurrayemailed debian title matches to Ursula for server team packages15:20
bdmurraypatch piloting15:20
bdmurray\ done /15:20
stgraber- Did a few last minute uploads for Edubuntu (translation update and bugfix)15:21
stgraber- Mostly poked at Ubiquity this bug, trying to fix as many bugs as possible, will continue for the rest of the week15:21
stgraber - Support gsettings (bug 800760), copy Network Manager networks to the target, hopefully fix bug 657086 for good, http proxy support, ...15:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 800760 in user-setup (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Needs gconf to gsettings updates" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80076015:21
stgraber- Trying to get WebLive to work on Oneiric, an appserv is online since yesterday but I now have to port some of the arkose hacks and freenx/x2go to work on Oneiric15:21
stgraber- Played a bit more with Drupal over the weekend, should have all the QA modules EXCEPT the ISO tracker ported to Drupal 7 quite soon. Then to start poking at the ISO tracker :)15:21
stgraber- TODO15:21
stgraber - Edubuntu smoke testing (images currently building) and upgrade testing15:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 657086 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "No restart option after choosing to "Continue Testing"" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65708615:21
stgraber - Booked some time with highvoltage and mgariepy to go talk about Edubuntu and go through the final checklist on Friday15:21
stgraber - Next week I'll be in London for the release sprint15:21
barryshort week due to holiday; bug 795096 (turbojson ftbfs, python-peak.util); bug 850744 (quickly crash after upgrade); storm 0.19 release work, built out (natty for now) arm server & buildbot.  todo: merge python3-defaults from sid; update storm, gtimelog, flufl.* in debian; more ftbfs; investigate python test_socket failures on arm; done.15:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 795096 in turbojson (Ubuntu Oneiric) "FTBFS with Python 2.7 as default" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79509615:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 850744 in quickly (Ubuntu) "quickly crashed with ImportError in __main__: No module named quickly" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85074415:22
ev- Helped John update the screenshots for the 11.10 download tour and showed15:25
ev  him how the release announcement is done in update-manager.15:25
ev- Released a new slideshow with updated translations at the request of the15:25
ev  Lithuanian team.15:25
ev- Created a patch to ubiquity and partman-auto to account for swap size and15:25
ev  the installation size when calculating the bounds of the partition resizing.15:25
ev  Previously we were going with whatever partman-auto threw at us, which was15:25
ev  often too small to hold Ubuntu (bug 769350).  Merges awaiting review.15:25
ev- Call with mvo and Rick on improving the development cycle. Lots of really15:25
ev  good plans from Rick and Jason on this front. I'm quite excited to see the15:25
ev  final work discussed at UDS. I've signed myself up to help cheer and15:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 769350 in partman-auto (Ubuntu Oneiric) "resized partition size doesn't count swap space size." [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/76935015:25
ev  develop.15:25
ev- Follow up chat with John Lea about how this could apply to the approval15:25
ev  process for Unity design and engineering.15:25
ev- Reviewed the download page design with John Oxton.15:25
ev- Set up a netbook with a mocked up Windows for John to do further screenshots15:25
ev  of the 11.10 installer.15:25
ev- Created a Testing in Ubuntu event for the Wednesday night at UDS with the15:25
ev  assistance of Marianna and Jorge, following the call with Rick and mvo.  You15:25
ev  should all come and give five minute talks:15:25
ev  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-P/TestingInUbuntu15:25
slangasekbarry: that quickly issue was an interesting one... glad to see it was package-specific :)15:25
ev  There will be free beer and pizza.  What more could you want?15:25
ev- After helping Sian direct our PR agency on how to get the 11.10 Beta when15:25
ev  they were woefully lost in the depths of the Ubuntu Forums, I had a15:25
ev  discussion with John about getting the milestones displayed in the same15:25
barryslangasek: me too! :)15:25
ev  download page structure as the regular releases, for 12.04.  With a big15:25
ev  warning that this is a pre-release and the final version will come in April,15:25
ev  of course. We can do better than a link that's buried in the Google results15:25
ev  that points to a complex wiki page that in turn points to a complex cdimage15:25
ev  page with no instruction on burning a CD or USB disk until you're deep in15:25
ev  paragraphs and paragraphs of text.  This should be a job for the web team,15:25
ev  anyway.15:25
mvomeh, I forgot to add this call to my report, thanks ev for mentioning it!15:25
ev- In VirtualBox and Windows 7 hell.  The former lost sight of the Windows 715:25
ev  disk, despite it being just fine, and the latter refused to boot when I15:25
ev  tried any of the snapshots I've made over the past few months.  The Windows15:25
ev  install CD is crashing at boot.  Will hopefully have something sorted15:25
ev  sharpish so I can fix Wubi bugs.15:25
ev- Fixed the focusing of labels when we're in a screen reader profile (bug15:25
ev  856782, bug 856773).15:25
ev- Fixed a crasher around the ubiquity keyboard query (bug 865493) and a UI15:25
ev  issue with the keyboard test entry (bug 862309).15:25
ev- Tried time and time again to fix the killing of update-apt-cache (bug15:25
ev  743359). Colin got it in the end - thanks!15:25
evapols for the ranting :)15:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 856773 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Welcome Screen: Cannot reach 'release notes' link with keyboard only." [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85677315:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 865493 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Hitting print screen or possibly closing the keyboard guessing window crashes ubiquity" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86549315:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 862309 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "In "test your keyboard", Enter doesn't trigger highlighted "Continue" button" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86230915:25
mvoev: is john interessted in better release announcements for u-m ?15:26
slangasekev: did the Lithuanian team miss the translation deadline?15:26
cjwatsonshould be a job for the web team> er, only if they're prepared to be involved in cdimage maintenance :)15:26
slangasekif so... that's not the first time15:26
evmvo: very much so15:26
cjwatsonit is indeed not15:26
mvoev: cooool!15:26
evhe has a task for improving the download experience15:27
cjwatsonoh, wait, download page != releases.ubuntu.com index15:27
evwhich includes upgrades15:27
evyou should get in touch :)15:27
cjwatsonyeah, download page => web team, sorry for my confusion15:27
evcjwatson: we should leave releases.ubuntu.com alone15:27
evand just have the ubuntu website point at the right ISO15:27
mvoev: absolutely, thanks for this! code-wise, it should be all ready I think, good content is missing15:27
evslangasek: they did not15:27
evI failed to do an 11th hour upload15:28
evI had done one the day before the deadline15:28
cjwatsonspeaking of 11th hour translation uploads, I need to do gfxboot-theme-ubuntu nowish because there was a late string change from server ...15:28
slangasekev: ah, ok then :)15:28
cjwatson(I did the string change last week or so, but would like to catch up on translations now)15:28
slangasekWindows install CD is crashing at boot - haha15:28
evI love that step 1 of the "to fix the problem" steps is "insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer"15:29
slangasekfor all the bugs we've ever seen, I don't think we've ever had *that* problem ;)15:29
cjwatsonev: what's the brief state of the wubi at the moment?  it's the only thing where I'm not entirely sure whether we're showstopper-free at the moment15:29
evcjwatson: I *think* we're largely okay15:29
evjibel has been testing it a bit15:30
evand I've been running through it as often as possible15:30
cjwatsonI noticed a few bugs recently, but they didn't seem horribly serious15:30
evpretty quiet on the bugs front15:30
skaetev, does it make sense to get a signed copy ready now then?15:30
evI'm trying to get a quick fix in for the plymouth splash one15:30
evskaet: that's an excellent idea - but I'm going to wait until early next week15:30
evjust so I can get these sorts of tiny fixes in15:31
evand then I'll ask James to take care of that15:31
skaetev, ok. thanks.15:31
evso we have it ready way ahead of release15:31
slangasekev: what's the plymouth splash issue, OOI?15:31
cjwatsonearly next week> when are we planning to build candidate images though?15:31
slangasekis that 862007?15:31
evincidentally, fairly quiet on the wubi bugs front.  Once we have the metrics server running early doors in 12.04, I think that will dramatically change our confidence in it15:32
evand the crash server, obviously15:32
evyes, bug 86200715:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 862007 in Wubi "Wubi preinstalled image first boot should use 'quiet splash'" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86200715:32
evand could probably do it in trunk and just build15:32
evbut it's always good to test these things :)15:32
slangasekdramatically change our confidence> I hope you mean "For the better" :)15:32
mvocough even15:33
eveven in the absence of bug reports, we'll know how many wubi installs are succeeding or failing15:33
evand where15:33
slangasekskaet: when are you planning to start build candidate images?15:33
skaetcjwatson, first set of candidate issues on thursday/friday after langpacks land,  then turn on official, on next monday and rebuild full set.15:33
evit will be a brave new world15:33
slangasekskaet: since wubi goes on the CDs, that means we need a signed copy by then...15:33
evah okay15:34
skaetslangasek,  so it seems.   Right now calling for rleease minus 3 days,  but better if earlier.15:34
cjwatsonso how about we just sign as we go along15:34
evyes, I'll talk to james15:34
cjwatsonI think the process is faster now15:35
slangasekev: great, thanks :)15:35
everr, IS seems to have fled15:35
evmust have realized we have a release coming up and all decided to take holiday15:35
cjwatsonwise decision15:35
slangasek[ACTION] ev to talk to james about getting wubi builds signed as we go so we don't hold up CD candidates15:35
meetingology`ACTION: ev to talk to james about getting wubi builds signed as we go so we don't hold up CD candidates15:35
slangasekbtw, speaking of holidays and releases, next Monday is a bank holiday here in the US15:36
barryslangasek: yep.  i swapped the day, so i will be working15:37
evArbor Day?15:37
barrycolumbus day15:37
evoh, that dude15:37
barryyeah, go figure :)15:37
slangasekI'm off... which I guess means I'll only be working on the release in my free time? :)15:37
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugs15:38
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugs
slangasekbdmurray: find any interesting specimens for us this week?15:38
bdmurraySo I had a few in mind but it seems we move too fast and they are already be looked at15:38
bdmurrayLuckily there are still a couple15:38
bdmurraybug 856055 - which I'm not quite certain that should be High15:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 856055 in memtest86+ (Ubuntu) "Memtest run from DI installer menu never finishes" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85605515:39
ev...it never did?15:39
cjwatsonmm, I think that should probably be downgraded, it's hardware-specific15:39
dokostrange definition of luck ...15:39
cjwatsonno obvious fix upstream and I don't think any of us have a clue how to fix it ::)15:40
cjwatsonI'll downgrade it15:40
bdmurrayokay sounds good15:40
bdmurrayslangasek: we'd talked about bug 859188 once before but I don't think I commented on it well enough15:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 859188 in apt (Ubuntu) "E: Internal Error, No file name for libgl1-mesa-glx" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85918815:40
bdmurrayso if you could have at it that'd be great15:41
slangasekmvo: shall I add this to your pile? :)  apt-get install --reinstall doesn't work in the obvious manner when there's more than one arch for the lib15:42
mvoslangasek: thanks, I can have a look15:43
bdmurraythat's all then15:43
slangasekmvo: "low" is the right priority though IMHO, it's a seldom-used option and there's a workaround15:44
cjwatsondoes anyone have any absolute showstoppers they want to mention?15:44
cjwatsonright now I think bug 857472 is the only one I think qualifies15:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 857472 in apt (Ubuntu Oneiric) "net-update verifcation checking insecure" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85747215:45
mvoI would appreciate some review of #85747215:45
mvoheh :)15:45
slangasekor anyone still working on *non* showstoppers that they're anxious to get in?15:45
cjwatsonbut I'd like to be able to stand up in the release meeting on Friday and be confident of that15:45
mvoI implemented the approach that slangasek suggested now but given the nature of this I would appreciate critical review15:45
cjwatsonI'm still working on bug 590108 as I mentioned15:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 590108 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "User get wrong system language after executing oem-config, if he is a foreigner in the country he selected in timezone select stage" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59010815:46
cjwatsonbut I'm restricting the scope of that to Portuguese and Chinese (i.e. the usual special-case languages)15:46
cjwatsonwhich I think is all the reporters care about)15:46
barryslangasek: scottk requested a merge of debian's python3-defaults which is blocking a pyqt fix.  i'm going to get that in after lunch15:46
stgraberI'm looking at a few ubiquity bugs but nothing that we absolutely need for release15:46
cjwatsonI also want to land the fix for the libdevel-bt-perl build failure that kees and I put together to complete the perl 5.12 transition, but that's universe and non-urgent15:47
evI'm going to land the resize fix now and do a new ubiquity upload15:47
stgraberev: I may have one more gsettings fix I'd like to have in that ubiquity upload, what's your ETA?15:47
evstgraber: planning to leave at 6pm local (just over an hour)15:48
cjwatsonbug 745960 and bug 854837 are my other nice-to-have fixes, but if I run out of time, they aren't showstoppers15:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 745960 in grub2 (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Cannot boot grub after installing to LVM" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74596015:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 854837 in casper (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Lubuntu live image boots to TTY" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85483715:48
jhuntbug 818177 is pretty nasty as we don't really know what's triggering the problem and it does cause boot failures.15:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 818177 in udev (Ubuntu Oneiric) "boot failures caused by udev race" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81817715:48
stgraberev: ok, I'll see if I can get it fixed by then, otherwise it'll have to be in the next ubiquity upload (assuming we'll have one more ;))15:48
slangasekmvo: has anyone from the security team reviewed for 857472?  I'd be more confident in their review than my own15:48
cjwatsonjhunt: I agree it's nasty, it's on the edge of my mental showstopper criteria15:48
evstgraber: sure - do feel free to upload another one after me15:49
mvoslangasek: I will ask them15:49
cjwatsonthe thing that puts it on the non-showstopper side for me right now is lack of developer ability to reproduce; if you can get a reliable reproduction case I'd be more comfortable calling it a showstopper15:49
skaetam a little worried about 848915,  since from duplicate patterns it was happening as recently as yesterday.15:49
slangasekmvo: ok.  If they aren't going to get to it, come back to me and I'll have another look so we at least have some eyeballs on it15:49
cjwatsonbug 84891515:49
ubottuLaunchpad bug 848915 in update-manager (Ubuntu Oneiric) "update-manager crashed with RuntimeError in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py: Gtk couldn't be initialized" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84891515:49
cjwatsonmvo: ^?15:50
mvocjwatson: this sounds like DISPLAY is not set15:50
cjwatsonhm, you've commented I see15:50
mvocjwatson: this was the only way I managed to reproduce15:51
cjwatsondistinctly odd since the reporters seem to be using the GTK frontend though15:51
bdmurrayduplicate bug 867629 has a test case15:51
ubottuLaunchpad bug 848915 in update-manager (Ubuntu Oneiric) "duplicate for #867629 update-manager crashed with RuntimeError in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py: Gtk couldn't be initialized" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84891515:51
cjwatsonsurely they couldn't have got that far ...15:51
mvobdmurray: oh, nice!15:51
mvobdmurray: gksu then most likely15:52
cjwatsonyeah, gksu will be sanitising the environment15:53
slangasekyeah, why would gksu need DISPLAY...15:53
slangaseksomeone's triaging that one to gksu then?  someone want to work on it?15:55
jhuntbdmurray, cjwatson, mvo: maybe apport could be changed to include DISPLAY in 'ProcEnviron'?15:55
mvoI can have a look in a little bit15:55
slangasekmvo: thanks15:56
jhuntin fact, can't we just include all envar *names*?15:56
slangasekbdmurray, jhunt: can you follow up on that question on #ubuntu-devel?15:57
cjwatsonslangasek: at this point I'd be more comfortable with a workaround than with changing gksu15:57
slangasekcjwatson: ok15:57
slangasekmvo: ^^15:57
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB15:58
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekanything else?  You have 1 minute :)15:58
cjwatson(e.g. env DISPLAY="$DISPLAY" or whatever's appropriate)15:58
evI can't believe I have to repeat the words "free beer and pizza", but free beer and pizza: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-P/TestingInUbuntu15:58
evIn all seriousness, I'm trying to build off the excitement and planning around refining our development process, as we centre it around test systems.  We'll need plenty of knowledge sharing to do this right.15:58
cjwatsonI'll see what my energy levels are like by Wednesday ...15:59
* cjwatson <- old man16:00
evI joined a few folks in Millbank representing Ubuntu at the PC World Awards.  We didn't win, but rest assured we made more noise at the mispronunciation of our name than any other table.16:00
slangasekso go sign up to exchange pizza for the contents of your brains at UDS :)16:00
evbasically, yes16:00
cjwatsonfun black tie dinner?16:00
slangasekev: heh :)16:00
evit was!16:00
barryev: gluten free soy cheese pizza? :)16:00
evbarry: ask Marianna :)16:01
evI'm sure we can find something for you to eat16:01
barryev: well, it's orlando, i'm not so sure :)16:01
mvoremember the veggies16:01
evmmm vegetarians16:02
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingology`Meeting ended Wed Oct  5 16:02:30 2011 UTC.16:02
meetingology`Minutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-10-05-15.00.moin.txt16:02
slangasekthanks, everyone!16:02
barryslangasek: thanks!16:02
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== beuno is now known as beuno-lunch
nuclearbobhowdy everybody17:00
nuclearbobwho's here for the qa meeting?17:00
nuclearbobI see charlie-tca, hggdh, jibel, and pedro_17:03
* pedro_ waves17:04
nuclearboband Ursinha, but greyed out17:04
nuclearbobbdmurray's also greyed out17:04
nuclearbobI guess we can go ahead and get started17:04
meetingology`Meeting started Wed Oct  5 17:05:01 2011 UTC.  The chair is nuclearbob. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.17:05
meetingology`Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired17:05
nuclearbob[TOPIC] Previous Actions17:05
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Previous Actions
nuclearbobonly previous action I have is nuclearbob chairing the next meeting, so I think we can check that off17:05
nuclearbobif there's nothing else, we'll proceed to the next topic17:05
nuclearbob[TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing17:07
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Community Efforts/Testing
nuclearbobjibel, anything on this?17:08
Ursinhanuclearbob, I'm here!17:08
nuclearbobgot anything on community efforts/testing?17:09
Ursinhanot me17:09
nuclearboball right17:09
nuclearbobI guess we're counting down to the Oneiric release at this point17:10
nuclearbobthe last report on that seems to be the same one we had last week:17:10
nuclearbobIf nobody else has anything on that, we can move to the next topic17:11
nuclearbob[TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing17:12
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Automated/Systems Testing
nuclearbobstill doing qrt over here, I'll try to get that blueprint registered this week17:12
nuclearbobI'll bring some proposals for dependency specification on different releases to UDS so we can determine the best way to move forward17:13
nuclearbobjibel had a pretty boot speed chart for us last week, anything new this week on the automation front?17:14
nuclearbobsounds like not, so we'll move on17:16
nuclearbob[TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status17:16
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Engineering Team Bug Status
* Ursinha has nothing to report, was on holidays17:17
nuclearbobhggdh, Ursinha, pedro_, or bdummary, do any of you have anything here?17:17
pedro_nope nothing from here17:18
Ursinhabdmurray, ^17:18
nuclearbobsounds like nothing earthshaking to report17:21
nuclearbobso let's move on17:21
nuclearbob[TOPIC] Other Topics17:21
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Other Topics
nuclearbobdoesn't seem like we have any other topics17:23
Ursinhathe quietest meeting ever17:23
nuclearbobI guess we can move to the next topic17:24
nuclearbob[TOPIC] Chair Selection17:24
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Chair Selection
pedro_I can do that17:24
nuclearbobselect the chair, or chair?17:24
pedro_chair the next meeting17:24
nuclearboball right17:25
pedro_is about time i guess :-)17:25
nuclearbob#action pedto_ to chair next meeting17:25
meetingology`ACTION: pedto_ to chair next meeting17:25
nuclearbob#action pedr\o_ to chair next meeting17:25
meetingology`ACTION: pedr\o_ to chair next meeting17:25
pedro_cool so not me :-)17:25
nuclearbob#action pedro_ to chair next meeting17:25
meetingology`ACTION: pedro_ to chair next meeting17:25
nuclearbobI need a smaller enter key17:25
nuclearbobanyway, I think that wraps it up for this week17:25
nuclearbobthanks everybody17:26
Ursinhathanks nuclearbob for chairing :)17:26
=== meetingology` changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingology`Meeting ended Wed Oct  5 17:26:12 2011 UTC.17:26
meetingology`Minutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-10-05-17.05.moin.txt17:26
pedro_nuclearbob, thanks for chairing !17:26
nuclearbobno problem17:26
nuclearbobnot a lot of people seem to show up when I do, so it's been easy so far17:26
=== zz_bigbash is now known as bigbash
=== beuno-lunch is now known as beuno
=== IdleOne is now known as PreciseOne
=== PreciseOne is now known as pangolin
=== pangolin is now known as PreciseOne
=== PreciseOne is now known as pangolin
=== meetingology` is now known as meetingology

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!