dholbachGuten Morgen Berlin! :)07:01
nigelbMorning dholbach :)07:01
dholbachhi nigelb07:01
dholbachhey popey07:14
nigelbahoy popey07:14
nigelbCoworkers all have sweets at their desk.07:18
jussiwhere the heck does cups-pdf print to?  :(07:20
bkerensa\o/ Bed Time|09:15
czajkowskino dmp12:31
Pendulumczajkowski: possibly he's flying?12:32
czajkowskipossibly so12:33
cjohnstondholbach: did you get my email last night?13:08
cjohnstong'mornin jono13:14
czajkowskijono: ello ello13:16
czajkowskiLoCo Council BP if folks want to track it for the coming cycle : https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-p-lococouncil13:19
czajkowski9 teams up for reapproval as oposed to the 26 we had this cycle which means we can spend more time on other areas13:19
jonohey cjohnston, czajkowski13:21
czajkowskijono: you still in CA ?13:22
jonoczajkowski, nope, in Orlando13:22
czajkowskiso how cold is it considering I'm looking out at the eye and its over cast13:22
czajkowskiand there is flodding in ireland13:22
cjohnstonits not cold here13:22
cjohnstonjono: I didn't know you were coming this early.13:23
jonocjohnston, yeah I am here for a bunch of meetings13:24
jonoczajkowski, it is pretty decent here, a little chillier than I expected13:25
czajkowskigrand job13:25
czajkowskijono: is mrevell in orlando13:25
cjohnstonjono: lunch? or I could talk to Hope.. but maybe have you have you over for dinner, or go out to dinner?13:26
cjohnstoncant do tomorrow tho13:27
jonoczajkowski, nope13:28
jonocjohnston, I would love to, but I am slammed in meetings all week13:28
jonounfortunately that includes lunch meetings13:28
cjohnstonlol.. nice13:28
jonobut lets catch up next week fo sho13:28
czajkowskia wondered why a lot of cannical folks were already there, it's a mini sprint week right ? or meetings?13:29
mhall119czajkowski: some teams are sprinting this week13:30
czajkowskimhall119: nods13:30
czajkowskino rest for the wicked13:30
czajkowskiused to be a tag line for the kit kat add years ago13:31
czajkowskishowing a devil and an angel taking a break13:31
* AlanBell wonders which one czajkowski is13:31
czajkowskiI'm Irish :)13:32
czajkowskiangelic of course13:32
cjohnstondholbach: do you know what the email address was for originally in the team  info on LoCo Directory? bug #829978 for reference13:35
ubot2Launchpad bug 829978 in loco-directory "Email Address is never set / used" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82997813:35
mhall119cjohnston: team mailing list, perhaps?13:36
mhall119contact email?13:36
akgranercjohnston, ok I'll work on that13:36
cjohnstonmhall119: i think contact.. but it isnt used anywhere.. so that's what I'm trying to figure out13:37
akgranerand yes I would like there to be a news session which is why I created the BP and asked jcastro what I needed to do to the BP to make sure summit picked it up13:37
mhall119akgraner: it just needs to be on the uds-p sprint and approved13:38
czajkowskicjohnston: I'd love it to be the team contact13:38
czajkowskihowever some teams create A) a council B) add multiple contacts13:38
cjohnstonczajkowski: I'm almost thinking to make it the ML? that works for contact..13:39
akgranermhall119, I know that which is why I asked jcastro about it -13:40
akgranerI'll get someone to fix it today13:40
czajkowskicjohnston: hmmm13:40
czajkowskisome Ml are moderated it could sit there13:40
czajkowskiit should be a team contact/team leader imo13:40
cjohnstonakgraner: it looks like there is an UWN one.. friday at 415.. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-p-news-team-goals13:40
czajkowskirunning to the shops need washing up liquid hate having dirty dishes lying around13:41
cjohnstonI think your going to be the one with the power to change the name akgraner13:41
akgranercjohnston, yep I can do that13:41
* akgraner looks now13:41
akgranercjohnston, I thought I had the names right - grrr - bp kick my ass sometimes oh well...let's see if I can get this figured out :-)13:42
cjohnstonakgraner: you hold the power to the leadership one too13:42
mhall119akgraner: are you in Orlando already?13:42
akgranermhall119, yep13:42
akgranercjohnston, ok names are changed :-)13:43
akgranerThanks I did't realize it didn't put the team names in the titles - thank you! :-)13:43
jcastrocjohnston: yo14:01
jcastrocjohnston: the banner on top of summit.u.c is now out of date14:02
jcastrothey renamed "social events" to "evening programme" on uds.u.c, but this change isn't reflected on summit.u.c14:02
cjohnstonjcastro: you kill me14:03
jcastrodon't look at me, I didn't change it14:03
cjohnstonI'll manipulate the db to show that you did14:04
cjohnstonjcastro: change it back. it causes issues with the header.. Register runs into the ubuntu logo14:05
jcastrocan you just fix the link?14:05
jcastroI won't care if the names won't match14:05
* popey files a bug14:05
cjohnstonwho made the change jcastro ?14:05
AlanBellsomeone who spells programme correctly, so this side of the atlantic14:07
cjohnstonjcastro: can we remove the tracks page as it is wrong14:07
jcastrowhich one?14:07
cjohnstonsomething has to give... every link cant be in the header14:07
jcastrothey look right to me14:08
mhall119cjohnston: +1, there's too much in the main nav14:08
mhall119either use shorter names, or remove some14:08
mhall119it's too wide already14:08
cjohnstonjcastro: rename Plenaries to Program, then move Evening Program to that page14:11
mhall119jcastro: http://awesomescreenshot.com/03cn30q6214:14
cjohnstonmhall119: jcastro changes are coming to uds.ubuntu.com and will soon be followed by summit14:35
mhall119good changes?14:35
mhall119remember, I quit the summit project, so it's all your fault now14:37
cjohnstonit will fix the issue for now14:37
cjohnstoni ordered that you cant quit14:37
mhall119you can't order me, I've quit14:37
cjohnstonthen I quit. jcastro your on your own14:37
popeyYou guys.14:37
popeyGet a room.14:37
cjohnstonpopey: are you coming to Orlando?14:38
jcastrocjohnston: thanks dude! (sorry I am in and out, at a sprint)14:38
mhall119popey: we have one, Bonaire 3 at 1114:38
cjohnstonjcastro: I talked to Michelle14:38
mhall119though we might need that to change14:38
mhall119I have an ISD meeting that morning, runs until lunch14:40
cjohnstonthen you need to fill out your busy schedule14:40
nigelbmhall119: o/ I'd really love it if summit session is pre-lunch.14:40
nigelbI'm not sure if I can stay up very late next week.14:41
AlanBellthe roundtables got set up as multiple separate meetings I see14:46
dholbachcjohnston, no, sorry - no idea about the email14:46
nigelbDaviey: ping14:47
nigelbDaviey: Hey, do you know how often rescheduler runs? Or do you know if its set to run at all? (who should I ask if not you)14:54
m4n1shnigelb: going to UDS this time?14:55
nigelbm4n1sh: Nope14:55
m4n1shneither next year may14:55
m4n1shonly next year oct possible14:56
m4n1shthis time i dnt have leaves14:56
m4n1shand next year I am trying to resign during may end14:56
m4n1shswitch job or go for higher education14:56
AlanBellanyone know if IS are planning to do recordings of the icecast streams this time?14:58
akgraneralourie,  - here's my post - hope this helps - You Matter – 1st Annual Ubuntu Community Appreciation Day - http://akgraner.com/?p=1110 #ubuntu #canonical #locoteams #Gratitude15:00
akgranerjcastro, I talk about you in this one :-)15:00
nigelbAlanBell: Talk to tumbleweed.15:01
popeyAlanBell: apparently they are being recorded15:01
nigelbI think he does it all the time.15:01
popeybut they may not do anything useful with them15:01
Davieynigelb: 23,53 * * * * cd /srv/summit.ubuntu.com/summit && python manage.py autoschedule uds-p15:02
nigelbDaviey: UTC?15:02
nigelbDaviey: Thanks! :)15:03
nigelbmhall119: ^^15:03
AlanBellyeah, the tumbleweed recordings are *really* useful. http://mirrors.tumbleweed.org.za/uds-o/15:03
Davieynigelb: seriosuly, did you just ask if that was UTC?15:03
nigelbDaviey: lol, just checking :P15:03
nigelbDaviey: (sory!)15:03
AlanBellthere is a recording field on the meeting object, I think if that is set then it gets rendered on the notes page15:03
AlanBelloh, then again, maybe that field has been removed15:05
AlanBellthere is an icecast URL on the room object15:06
Davieyerm, i don't thik there is a recording field15:07
Davieyyeah, it's a room value15:07
AlanBellI may have been confuseled15:07
cjohnstonjcastro: uds.u.c has been fixed.. and im working on summit15:09
cjohnstonmhall119: ^15:09
AlanBellwould be rather awesome if someone would set the room icecast URLs this time15:10
AlanBellit makes the room names on the daily schedule links to the icecast audio15:10
nigelbAlanBell: I think we can manage that this time.15:12
nigelbI'll hound someone to do it :D15:12
AlanBellI will ask tumbleweed about the audio, it is fully deterministic URLs so I should be abvle to propose a patch so that the session notes include links to the .ogg files15:15
AlanBellwhat do the summit devs who have not quit think of that?15:26
cjohnstonI think thats just nigelb15:26
nigelbAlanBell: patches welcome :)15:26
mhall119cjohnston: where did the social events go?15:35
cjohnstonits the entire program15:36
mhall119cjohnston: can we break it up into separate sub-nav pages?15:36
mhall119it's nice to link directly to social events15:36
mhall119in fact, I've been doing that, and now all of those links won't work :(15:36
cjohnstonnot my call15:36
cjohnstonwhere have you been doing that15:37
mhall119in IRC, whenever anybody asks15:37
cjohnstoni can ask if she will seperate the pages15:38
mhall119I think it's been in an email to uds-announce15:38
cjohnstonmhall119: they had renamed it to 'Evening Programme'15:38
cjohnstonso it was already broken15:38
mhall119only if that changed teh URL15:38
cjohnstonit did15:38
cjohnstonhow would you like to see it?15:39
cjohnstonand i can make a request15:39
mhall119either separate sub-nav pages, or put an anchor into this page so I can link directly to the secion on evening events15:39
cjohnstonmore better?15:43
mhall119cjohnston: yes, thanks15:48
cjohnstonjcastro: we need to talk about the leadership summit and making it to where the schedulers wont mess up peoples schedules so that they can attend15:56
alourieakgraner: absolutely, thanks16:01
cprofittcjohnston: +116:38
dholbachalright my friends - I call it a day - see you all tomorrow!16:53
cprofittsee ya dholbach16:54
dholbachbye :)16:54
cprofittCool,... bdmurray just added some items to the blueprint I proposed for UDS and it got approved.16:55
dholbachnice, I love the comments on http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/10/ubuntu-12-04-development-update-2/#disqus_thread16:56
cprofittdholbach: yes, those are great quotes16:57
cprofittin a blueprint -- what does the assignee mean?17:22
cprofittnever mind found the help.17:24
cprofitthmm... not finding it in the help file.17:35
cprofittSo if a person is an asignee; what does that mean?17:35
Pendulumcprofitt: they're responsible for making sure the stuff on the blueprint gets done (whether it's doing it themselves or checking up to make sure the people assigned to the smaller tasks are on track17:38
nigelbcprofitt: Most often its a team :)17:44
cprofittthanks Pendulum17:53
cprofittthat is what I thought, but wanted to make sure17:53
cprofittthanks as well nigelb18:04
nigelbcprofitt: np :)18:05
bkerensajono: Kaltura offers a Community Edition of their video platform which supports live streaming out of the box and is open source... It also allows for real-time chat.... Perhaps you could use Kaltura instead of  Ustream if you decided to move? It would be cool if the Ubuntu Community had a Kaltura Platform server18:59
AlanBellthat looks rather smart bkerensa20:30
bkerensaAlanBell: Indeed... It would be win win for jono... no more ads for users and supporting FOSS20:31
bkerensawould be good for the all teams to have a resource like this possibly hosted by Canonical to do webinars and Q+A's20:31
* bkerensa downloaded the Community Edition last night and is checking it out20:32
akgranerbkerensa, I'd like to know how it works for you...21:29
cprofittback feeling ok today?22:17
czajkowskiah tis gerand i just deal with it tbh22:17
* AlanBell looks with interest at the former members of not-canonical https://launchpad.net/~not-canonical/+members~22:29
AlanBelllink fail, should be https://launchpad.net/~not-canonical/+members22:30
greg-gAlanBell: I don't see any former member :/22:40
* AlanBell polishes greg-g's glasses22:55
Pendulumgreg-g: you'd have to have been aware the person was a member and now not on the list22:56
AlanBellor scroll down the bottom22:57
PendulumAlanBell: doesn't show22:58
PendulumI think because you're admin you can see it22:58
akgranerOMG! Ubuntu!: The Interview! - http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu/OMG!-Ubuntu!-The-Interview23:00
akgranerThought I'd share :-)23:00
AlanBellvery interesting akgraner23:08
akgranerI thought it was :-)23:09

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!