mfilipehow do I do to sync tomboy with Ubuntu One in Oneiric?00:34
elopiohi mfilipe. Have you read this? https://one.ubuntu.com/help/tutorial/install-and-setup-notes-sync/00:40
mfilipeelopio, yes but I found out what is the problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tomboy/+bug/87113900:41
ubot4Launchpad bug 871139 in tomboy (Ubuntu) "UbuntuOne sync option wording is suboptimal (affects: 5) (heat: 24)" [Low,Confirmed]00:41
mfilipeit is only a usability problem :)00:42
elopiomfilipe, right. You can subscribe to that bug to follow its progress.00:43
JamesTaitGood morning all!10:04
mandelmorning all!10:09
mandelJamesTait, morning ;)10:09
* mandel a little off having some hardware issues10:09
ralsinagood morning!11:00
gatoxralsina, hi! how are you?11:01
ralsinahi gatox! Fine, back at work, looking at 1250 canonical emails ;-)11:01
gatoxralsina, jejej yes, that is always difficult..11:01
gatoxralsina, one of those e-mails says that now that i don't have  more classes until next year, we talk with nessita and we decided that would be best if i work from 8am to 5pm11:02
ralsinagatox: sounds ok11:02
mandelgatox, ralsina morning!11:07
gatoxmandel, hi11:08
ralsinahi mandel!11:09
mandelgatox, did we get the fixes of the control panel with the new ubuntuone-dev-tools?11:31
gatoxmandel, sorry.... not follow...11:32
mandelgatox, do you remember the fixes we had to made for the setUp calls etc..11:33
gatoxmandel, yep yep11:33
gatoxmandel, everything it's fixed11:33
gatoxregarding that11:33
mandelgatox, sweet, then I have to merge my branch with trunk :)11:34
nessitahello everyone!11:35
mandelnessita, morning11:35
gatoxnessita, hi11:35
gatoxmandel, if you have a sec...... can you review this branch? https://code.launchpad.net/~diegosarmentero/ubuntu-sso-client/uistr-fix/+merge/82001 IS REALLY SMALL11:35
mandelnessita, ralsina I have a very big doc on how to setup your machines and network to tst proxy, is there a wiki where I can put that, or should I just use a google doc11:36
mandelgatox, sure11:36
ralsinahello nessita!11:36
nessitahello ralsina, mandel, gatox!11:36
ralsinamandel: I think a google doc is ok, remember to share it with everyone11:36
nessitamandel: google doc is fine11:36
nessitaralsina: so, we should be making a release of windows today or tomorrow... I need to confirm that a last minute bug is fixed, but other than that we're almost good to go. Did you read the email about qt4reactor?11:37
=== eu is now known as Guest40520
ralsinanessita: I am catching up on email, should be done in a couple f hours11:38
ralsinabut sure, we can do a release, no problem11:38
mandelnessita, ralsina ok,do you guys know how to format text in a google doc for code, there is a fair amount of config file to play with11:39
* mandel hates config files..11:39
ralsinamandel: no idea... set font to courier? ;-)11:39
mandelralsina, hehe that should work, at the end of the day is a c++ base config style..11:40
mandelI cannot believe people do that, but there you go :(11:40
ralsinac++? for what?11:40
mandelralsina, bind9 in case you want to setup your machine as a dns server to resolve the local machines with static ips and the active directory domain11:42
alecuhello #ubuntuone!11:42
alecuhi there, ralsina, mandel!11:42
ralsinamandel: oh, dhcpd. Yes, it looks like c++11:42
ralsinahi alecu!11:42
mandelralsina, it was a major PITA to find out how to add the stupid AD subdomain, but with that network setup we should have most of the stuff covered :)11:42
mandelalecu, hola!11:42
mandelgatox, your branch looks ok, I've tan the tests in N so it shoul dbe ok for O too :)11:43
gatoxmandel, yes, i tested in O11:43
mandelgatox, cool, I'll add the +1 and soons as my browser ges back to live.. for some reason starting a vm make chrom go banannas :)11:44
mandelgatox, https://code.launchpad.net/~diegosarmentero/ubuntu-sso-client/uistr-fix/+merge/82001 should be ready for you to make it merge11:46
duanedesignmorning all11:47
gatoxmandel, thanks!11:49
mandelgatox, np11:50
mandelalecu, ping12:03
alecumandel, pong12:04
mandelalecu, I've updated https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntuone-control-panel/auto-update-looping-call/+merge/81015 (although lp has not yet noticed the changes) can you take a look when possible12:05
* alecu loves that vi has syntax highlighting for straces12:09
mandelalecu, ups, I just realized that the changes did not appear in lp because I push with them not being commited, just fixed that, sorry :)12:25
alecumandel, lol!12:25
mandelalecu, is monday.. ( is that a valid excuse)12:25
mandelralsina, nessita, so, the fix for vista is easy, but we have to change the way we distribute the .exes.. the problem is 'simple'  since we just have to change the location of the autoupdater.exe to be out of dist12:29
mandelralsina, nessita that means changing the code that finds the .exe and the package, and tell Vista users to download the new installer, those that sound ok?12:30
mandelwe also need to think the correct location for it, and change the location of update.ini12:31
nessitamandel: what does it mean "to change the location of the autoupdater.exe to be out of dist"?12:32
mandelnessita, in the package we release on windows, we have a data folder, a dist folder etc..12:33
mandelnessita, the dist folder contains among other things the .exes created by py2exe AND the autoupdater.exe12:34
mandelnessita, the problem is py2exe adds a library that makes the autoupdater.exe brake12:34
mandelnessita, sorry break, is not running hehe12:35
nessitamandel: so we need to drop the autoupdater.exe somewhere else?12:35
mandelanyways, so we have to make sure that the autoupdater.exe is not placed in the same location as the py2exe libs and .exe12:35
mandelnessita, yes, I was thinking on creating a new folder called updater where the .exe and the update.ini are placed12:36
mandelnessita, then we will have the Vista clients updating \o/12:36
mandelnessita, ralsina_ so, I'm guessing I need to work based on the branch that we used to build the installer, right?12:37
ralsina_mandel: yes12:38
mandeland propose and MP agains it, although I prefer to get that merge to trunk first and the MP agains trunk12:38
ralsina_let's merge that branch already12:38
ralsina_it needs cleaning, but it's going to rot if we don't merge :-(12:38
ralsina_since only I can commit to it12:38
ralsina_and some of the cleanups are things you (mandel) did that I only understand vaguely (the module finder for py2exe, for example)12:39
nessitaralsina_: one thing about that12:41
mandelralsina_, nessita if you want I can take a look at those things and clean them before we merge it12:41
nessitaralsina_: we need to install the qt4reactor differently now... did you read the email?12:41
ralsina_nessita: still not there :-)12:42
ralsina_nessita: I had about 1500 emails this morning12:42
nessitamandel: I think is best that your try to focus on proxy support12:42
ralsina_350 left to go12:42
nessitamandel: leave that script to ralsina_ :-)12:42
ralsina_I will spend the evening hacking at the script to clean up a bit, then propose for merging12:42
nessitaralsina_: ok, just heads up that before you build the installer, you need to change how the script uses/install qt4reactor12:42
ralsina_nessita: cool, thanks12:43
ralsina_mandel: I can fix the autoupdater, too, since it's easy to move it12:43
nessitaralsina_: so, qt4reactor now should be downloaded from git, and inside it just run: python ./setup.py install (for installation, I guess for releasing we do something differently?12:43
mandelralsina_, ok, sounds good12:43
ralsina_whoa, it has a setup.py now? :-D12:44
nessitaralsina_: yeap :-) I submitted a couple of merge requests to upstream and they got merged12:45
=== Guest40520 is now known as adorilson
nessitamandel: hi there, I'm re-reviewing lp:~mandel/ubuntuone-windows-installer/put-migration-together and it has 7 conflicts...12:59
mandelnessita, really.. maybe something landed after I did the update, on it right now I'm between bugs13:00
nessitamandel: no rush, just FYI13:00
gatoxalecu, can you re-review this one? https://code.launchpad.net/~diegosarmentero/ubuntu-sso-client/network-detect/+merge/7704813:02
ralsina_gatox: sine you are working n expanduser, check bug #889785 for a nice corner case13:06
ubot4Launchpad bug 889785 in ubuntuone-client "Can not add folders in WinXP (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88978513:06
nessitaralsina_: we're no longer using the HOME env var (bah, when gatox's branches land, that is)13:08
nessitaralsina_: but that's s good bug report :-)13:08
ralsina_nessita: indeed, I was like, "whoa" :-)13:09
nessitaralsina_: gatox: we should also check how we handle folder path case sensitiveness :-/13:09
ralsina_nessita: for UDF names?13:10
mandelnessita, what happened with the windows main module in ubuntuone_installer, where did it all go?13:10
mandelnessita, it seems that a lot changed in a recent merge13:11
nessitamandel: yeap, I made a cleanup for the main()13:11
nessitamandel: everything 'useful' should be in utils/ now13:11
mandelnessita, hm.. ok, I'l look around there13:11
nessitamandel: check_credentials is now at multiplatform level (utils/__init__.py)13:12
mandelnessita, where did the success_cb go?13:12
nessitaaway :-)13:13
nessitais dead13:13
gatoxralsina_, ack13:14
mandelnessita, ok.. so I had an extra step in that cb, can you point me where to look at so I can add that extra thing?13:15
nessitamandel: utils/__init__.py check_credentials13:15
mandelnessita, ok13:15
gatoxralsina_, can i assign that bug to me?13:17
ralsina_gatox: of course13:17
gatoxralsina_, ok! :D13:17
ralsina_in fact, it could go as a duplicate of the one you have to make expanduser cross platform13:17
gatoxralsina_, ok13:20
ralsina_gatox, mandel, alecu, dobey, nessita: standup in 10'13:20
gatoxralsina_, ack13:21
nessitaalecu, ralsina?13:32
alecuand me13:32
mandelshall I then?13:33
nessitadobey: stand up? (and welcome back!)13:33
ralsinamandel: go ahead13:33
mandelDONE: Fixed following MP comments lp:~mandel/ubuntuone-control-panel/auto-update-functions lp:~mandel/ubuntuone-control-panel/auto-update-loopingcall. Confirmed bug 586582 as invalid with the current release.13:33
mandelTODO: Fix conflicts in lp:~mandel/ubuntone-windows-installer/put-migration-together it will take me a little long since there are a big number of changes. Look at the bugs I have to tackle related to proxy13:33
mandelBLOCKED: No13:33
mandelCOMMENT: I might need to leave a few mins early to go to the doctor and get pain killers, I broke my ribs during the weekend (they were broken and decided to play rugby, yes I'm stupid)13:33
ubot4Launchpad bug 586582 in ubuntuone-windows-installer "Ubuntu One don't works - Active Directory User (affects: 1) (heat: 3)" [Medium,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58658213:33
mandelnessita go!13:33
nessitaDONE: coded and landed every qt4reactor branch (ussoc, controlpanel, installer), reviews, a tiny bit of magicicada13:33
nessitaTODO: schedule the rest of the holidays, coordinate windows release, coordinate SRU release13:33
nessitaBLOCKED: nopes13:33
nessitaNEXT: gatox13:33
gatoxPropose and landed small successful branch fix, Fixed some conflicts in network-detect, improves in unicode issues branch. Some improves in freaky friday project ui.13:33
gatoxFinish fixes for shared links in unicode branch13:33
gatoxralsina, go13:33
ralsinaDONE: http://picplz.com/user/ralsina/pic/fmctx/ TODO: finish answering mail, cleanup build branch for windows, propose for merging, tech leads call, work on hiring BLOCKED: no13:33
gatoxralsina, jejejej13:34
alecuDONE: freaky friday: started learning packaging for txsecrets13:35
alecuTODO: back to proxy branches13:35
alecuBLOCKED: no13:35
nessitaI will be on holiday all the next week and some days of the following after that13:35
ralsinanessita: cool, have fun!13:36
ralsinanessita: "coordinate windows release" do you want to do the RTs?13:36
nessitaralsina: no, chasing people to do it :-)13:36
mandelnessita, If I where youd, I'd say no ;)13:36
nessitaralsina: could you please file them? ;-)13:36
ralsinanessita: ok ;-)13:36
ralsinanessita: on it!13:37
ralsinaI say we schedule it for wednesday, pushing RTs back is  a pain13:37
nessitaralsina: if you have to request a date, I would advice this Wed13:37
ralsinacoincidences :-)13:37
nessitaralsina: yey! great mind think alike13:37
ralsinaand also, we do!13:37
gatoxnessita, i finish with the migration of windows-installer network detect to a new branch to avoid the weird conflicts.... let me know when you have a moment to review it13:38
nessitaralsina: also, I have 4 days left of holidays that I need to schedule, I was wondering if I can have one this Friday (I need to close some teaching activities that will take the whole afternoon)13:38
ralsinaok, scheduling for wednesday, that would mean a thursday release, probably13:38
nessitagatox: I would like to pause that (both on ussoc and installer) until we release13:38
ralsinanessita: sure, canonicaladmin is one of my things for today, so file it13:38
nessitagatox: can we do that?13:38
gatoxnessita, ok, no problem...13:38
gatoxnessita, i'll keep working on create shares link now13:38
nessitagatox: great! let me know how that goes (though that will go into another windows release -- not this one)13:39
gatoxnessita, yes..... that branches will need some irl testing i think13:40
nessitagatox: you say some, I say A LOT :-D13:40
gatoxnessita, :P13:40
ralsina"create shares link" ?13:40
gatoxralsina, it's related to the unicode issues13:40
nessitaralsina: link creation is failing big time when there are weird characteres in the user home13:40
nessitaralsina: gatox needs to use a function that supports unicode, otherwiser we can't create synlinks13:41
gatoxralsina, now syncdaemon and sso are working, but the creation of shares link are failing13:41
ralsinaFor the link to the share. got it, thanks.13:41
gatoxralsina, i mean..... working in the user with weird chars in the username13:41
nessitagatox: I'm guessing you'd have to use ctypes, since is very likely that pywin32 will not export the unicode version of the function (let me know when you find the answer)13:41
ralsinagatox: he, that bug is like an octopus or something. Maybe a hydra.13:41
gatoxralsina, i could explain it better jejeje13:42
ralsinanessita: if pywin32 doesn't export it explicitly, it's because the one without the W in it is supposed to be the unicode version. At least according to pywin32 "folklore"13:42
nessitaralsina: well, I can ensure you that the current code for making symlink explotes big time with unicode paths13:43
nessitaso, I leave gatox to do the diagnosis and report back :-)13:43
ralsinanessita: sounds like a bug in pywin32 and should be reported13:43
nessitaralsina: perhaps, yes13:43
gatoxralsina, yes, that's true... but not always it seems, in some other part of the code we needed to use another function because the one supportedd by pywin wasn't the W13:43
ralsinagatox: argh13:43
gatoxralsina, for LookupAccountName13:44
ralsinagatox: you mean unicode arguments? LookupAccountName returns a book13:45
ralsinaa bool13:45
gatoxralsina, for c, in python it returns a tuple with the SID and a bool..... yes..... in this case was a problem in the arg it seems13:46
gatoxwe obtain the proper username..... but lookupaccoutname always fails13:46
ralsinaright, it's used because of arg-by-reference are returned13:46
mandelnessita, gatox, ralsina creating symlinks is a proble, it does not support somethngs such as \\?\ if I where you, before you do any code I'd test if a manually created lnk works13:48
ralsinamandel: if ~ needs to be a literal path, it's a corner case from hell13:49
nessitamandel: yeap, I remember13:49
nessitamandel: anyways, I want gatox to do some research about that, to see what's the bets solution we cna provide13:49
nessitaeven if we have to go with ctypes13:49
mandelralsina, nessita, gatox  I just mentioned because it might give funny issues with unicode too13:49
nessitamandel: it certainly has13:50
ralsinawe need to start firming up consistency on ctypes/pywin3213:50
mandelralsina, nessita I can confirm that we do not support XP x64 (not that many people have that)13:51
nessitaralsina: I agree. The thing is that we're *way* broken ATM for users with non ascii chars in the home, or any xdg path13:51
ralsinabut I think we have proven both tools insufficient for the task at hand13:51
dobeyyeah, 08:30 is way too early :)13:51
dobeyλ DONE: UDS, holidays13:51
dobeyλ TODO: banshee race re-fix, stable branches, tarmac config update13:51
dobeyλ BLCK: No.13:51
nessitadobey: standup!!! (and welcome back)13:51
dobeynessita: thanks13:51
ralsinadobey, mandel: figure out between you a standup time that works ;-)13:51
nessitadobey: did you enjoy your holidays?13:52
mandeldobey, I have lunch in 10 mins + wak the dog, so for me in an hour would be ok, what about you?13:52
dobeyhaving my brakes go out on my truck in the middle of an emergency stop wasn't exactly enjoyable :)13:52
dobeymandel: that would be fine, yes13:52
mandelnessita, ralsina we have a deal ^13:53
ralsinanessita, gatox: moving standup to 12AM ART so it's after mandel's lunch and after dobey wakes up makes sense for you?13:53
ralsinaalecu: ^13:53
mandelin an hour should be ok for both (I hate diff time zones and DST and al that)13:53
gatoxralsina, ack13:54
ralsinagatox: I want your opinion :-)13:54
gatoxralsina, fine by me... now that i start later it gives me more time to close the things from the previous day better before standup13:55
nessitadobey: so, we have in stable-2-0 the fix for the IO ValueError bug. Could we please make a release of that so I can start the SRU process?13:56
* mandel lunch + dog walking13:56
ralsinaok, so it's +4 so far. Unless nessita and alecu really hate it?13:56
nessitaralsina: so, what would be the new time? 4pm UTC?13:56
ralsinanessita: 3PM UTC I think13:57
dobeynessita: are the other 2 major bugs fixed? (mem usage, and unicode?)13:57
dobey1500Z yes13:57
dobeysince .ar is -030013:57
nessitadobey: nopes, and we have no ETA for those. And since we have a lot of users affected by this, Cheepaca asked to SRU ASAP13:57
nessitadobey: or, you can teach me how to release and package from u1client, and I can do it, I need to learn this eventually13:59
dobeynessita: bzr diff -p 1 -c $revno_of_fix lp:ubuntuone-client/stable-2-0 > debian/patches/15_value_io_error_fix.patch13:59
dobeynessita: just stick the diff in debian/patches and SRU with that for now. :)13:59
nessitadobey: is there any reason to do that and not a new tarball release and a new package from that?14:00
dobeynessita: it's faster; and i'd rather wait to make a tarball release until the other 2 issues are fixed up as well14:01
nessitadobey: ok, and after that we "collapse" the patches or something like that?14:01
dobeyand making a tarball release for every SRU isn't necessarily a good plan14:01
nessitadobey: tell me more, I'm interested :-)14:01
dobeynessita: yeah, when we do an SRU with the new tarball, we'll pull the patches out14:01
nessitawhy is not a good plan to have a release per each SRU (or group of SRUs)?14:02
dobeywell, if we have no ETA, and we make a tarball release today, and tomorrow someone finds a magical fix that solves the other 2 problems, when we'll have to get them in as well14:02
dobeynessita: for a big group is fine, but for each little change it's a waste of time to deal with all the release/packaging details14:03
nessitadobey: ack, I get it. So, I also wanted to talk with you about 2 things: the dev-tools issue you disagree with (I'm happy to change), and the stable-3-0 branches. Do you have some time now?14:04
dobeynessita: sure14:05
nessitadobey: so, I changed the dev-tools so we can have the pylintrc being reachable on windows, otherwise we're not using the "global" pylintrc, and we have tons of errors on windows. Options to have devtools not depending on ussoc are:14:06
nessita* stop using xdg on windows and have a local copy of pylintrc on each project14:06
nessitasorry, "option is", I have only one :-)14:06
dobeywe need to fix xdg (iow, take over ownership of it)14:06
nessitadobey: yeah, that is another option, but is kinda out of the roadmap for now...14:07
dobeythen we need to stop using pyxdg everywhere.14:07
nessitadobey: and replace with our custom code or do you have another idea?14:08
dobeynessita: well, fork and take it over; write a new replacement, or use something else (glib or qt impl maybe)14:08
ralsina+1 on using qt/glib impl. Maybe with a tiny wrapper on top. Have not looked if Qt provides everything we need though14:10
nessitadobey: I agree that's the best solution, but then again we're in the situation that we have no room in the roadmap for that :-/14:10
dobeynessita: well, taking over pyxdg isn't really a huge burden.14:11
nessitadobey: are you volunteering to do that :-)?14:12
dobeybut continuing to use abandoned libraries is a ticking time bomb14:12
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
nessitadobey: so, are you volunteering to do that :-)?14:13
dobeyi will help make it happen, but i am not volunteering to be the new owner myself, no. but i am happy to help move it to LP properly, and get it set up in tarmac/nightlies/etc…14:14
nessitadobey: well, that makes sense, we should consider the whole ubuntuone-hackers+ team to be the owner, but we certainly need someone to actually do the initial dance14:15
dobeyright, and i can probably do most of that. will probably need lo-sa help and such14:16
nessitadobey: sounds like a plan then. As soon as that is in place, I will revert the devtools change14:16
dobeynessita: also, i think qtreactor is packaged wrong14:17
nessitadobey: tell me more14:17
dobeynessita: well it seems like perhaps the files should be installed in a qtreactor/ subdir, to avoid breaking all the imports that anyone ever had, for it14:18
nessitadobey: but the README says otherwise, the project doc says we need to import qt4reactor14:18
nessitadobey: so I decided to be consistent with the doc14:18
nessitadobey: we were using it wrong, let's say... and I already fixed all our branches14:19
nessitadobey: question re: the u1client patch. Why 15?14:20
dobeynessita: i just figured it was a number that was greater than the numbers used by current patches (i didn't actually look)14:21
nessitadobey: shall I use the next consecutive number from the current patch (which is 01)?14:22
dobeynessita: i think there's supposed to be some naming scheme for that, but not entirely sure what it is. and since we own it all, it doesn't really matter14:22
dobeynessita: sure, that's fine too14:22
dobeynessita: you did branch from lp:ubuntu/oneiric-proposed/ubuntuone-client right?14:22
nessitahum, oneiric14:23
nessitaI will push to -proposed14:23
dobeyyou need to pull from -proposed14:23
nessitayou're right14:23
dobey(unless it doesn't exist, but i'm pretty sure that one does)14:23
nessitabzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/ubuntu/oneiric-proposed/ubuntune-client/".14:24
nessitamy bad, typo :-D14:24
nessitaubuntune, that's a funny name14:24
nessitadobey: ok, so, last issue I wanted to talk with you. Shall I do all the stable-3-0 branches as the former "after release" stable branches? or shall I take something extra into consideration?14:25
dobeynessita: there are a couple of 'stable' branches i need to make still, that weren't bumped to 2.0 versions, or that we didn't bother with for oneiric; but shouldn't take long to do14:28
dobeyi also need to finish the move of the banshee extension, which i started to do, which shouldn't take very long either14:28
dobeythen after that, I think we can probably make all the stable-3-0 branches14:28
nessitadobey: ok, so, we can do the 3-0 branches for those projects that already have the 3-0 right?14:29
dobeynessita: i think it's safe to go ahead and make stable-3-0 series/branches for most of the things though (u1cp, protocol, client, etc)14:30
dobeynessita: and if you are going to bump the versions in the branches and trunk, please make the branch versions be 3.0 and the trunk ones be 3.114:31
dobey(not 3.0.0 or 3.1.0, but without a microversion)14:31
nessitadobey: right, I remember from last time, no 3.1.014:31
nessitadobey: any idea why I can't push to lp:~nataliabidart/ubuntu/oneiric-proposed/ubuntuone-client/fix-872924 ? error is No such distribution series oneiric-proposed14:33
dobeynessita: you need to push to /oneiric/ i think, and propose for merge into lp:ubuntu/oneiric-proposed/ubuntuone-client14:36
nessitadobey: you can sponsor this or shall I ask the platform guys?14:45
dobeynessita: i can upload it to -proposed, yes14:45
nessitaok, stable branches, here I come!14:47
nessitadobey: since the stable version will be 3.0, shall the tag be release-3_0 as well, without microversion?14:52
dobeynessita: you don't need to create tags or make a tarball release of the stable-3-0 branches yet, no14:53
nessitadobey: I understand no tarball, but why no tags?14:53
dobeynessita: because we aren't making a release of it, so a tag isn't necessary14:54
nessitadobey: hum, I thought that tags were tied to version changes, not tarballs14:54
nessitadobey: you sure about this?14:54
dobeynessita: tags should be tied to releases (or anything else we decide needs a tag), but i'm suree we don't need a tag that is basically the initial revision on a new branch14:55
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
dobeymeh, i need to get in the habit of eating breakfast again15:15
joshuahoovernessita, dobey: i assume we'll be doing an sru for (at least) bug #872924 this week, correct?15:24
ubot4Launchpad bug 872924 in ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu Precise) (and 5 other projects) "Resuming a failed upload crashes with ValueError: I/O operation on closed file (affects: 24) (dups: 3) (heat: 146)" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/87292415:24
nessitajoshuahoover: yes, the upload to oneiric-proposed is happening any minute now15:24
joshuahoovernessita: cool, thanks :)15:24
nessitadobey: would you please let joshuahoover and me know when the upload is in place? so we can IRL test15:25
dobeynessita, joshuahoover: after i upload it, an archive admin will have to approve it, and then it will get built. but should hopefully not be too long after i upload15:25
joshuahooverdobey: thank you15:26
dobeymy pbuilder-dist is broken on oneiric15:31
dobeynm, fixed that15:33
mandelralsina, ping15:40
ralsinamandel: pong15:40
mandelralsina, can you ping me when you are done with the installer branch, I wanted to try something during the night with it :)15:41
mandelralsina, is not sexual15:41
ralsinamandel: by my current progress, very late tonight :-/15:41
mandelralsina, well then on Wed night :)15:41
dobeynessita, joshuahoover: is uploaded to -proposed, and waiting for an admin to approve15:50
joshuahooverdobey: great!15:50
nessitadobey: awesome, thanks!15:50
mandelgatox, ping16:08
gatoxmandel, pong16:09
mandelgatox, do you have your windows vm running?16:09
gatoxmandel, yes..... i'm testing the shortcut thing16:09
gatoxwhat do you need?16:09
mandelgatox, give me a min16:10
gatoxmandel, ok16:10
mandelgatox, cool, can you run ubuntuone-windows-installer tests from trunk16:12
mandelgatox, I think they are broken.. at least when I run them in my machine16:12
* gatox testing....16:12
mandelgatox, seems to be an attribute error in one of the compiled classes from qt16:13
gatoxmandel, working here16:14
gatoxmandel, let me give you the revnos16:14
mandelgatox, please16:15
nessitamandel: have you run setup.py build in ussoc and controlpanel (possible issue)?16:16
mandelgatox, I'm at 8816:16
gatoxmandel, sso revno: 811, u1-client revno: 1158,  installer revno: 8816:16
mandelnessita, run-test.bat should do it..16:16
mandelgatox, hm, maybe I have old dependencies..16:16
* mandel makes sure16:16
nessitamandel: run-tests builds the project, of course, not the dependecies16:16
nessitamandel: each one of us have the dependencies in custom locations16:17
gatoxmandel, true..... i need to build cp by my own16:17
gatoxin ordeer to see the changes inn the installer16:17
nessitagatox: and that's correct! :-)16:17
dobeylunch time, bbiab16:21
* mandel is amazed on how slow the windows tests are..16:21
mandelnessita, gatox you were right, old dependencies..16:28
nessitamandel: :-)16:29
nessitamandel: you around?16:43
mandelnessita, yes, tell me16:44
nessitamandel: would you be up to do some boring reviews? storage protocol branches needed to have their test suites updated (see all the merge proposals in bug #890277)16:45
ubot4Launchpad bug 890277 in ubuntuone-storage-protocol/trunk (and 5 other projects) "Test are failing due to ubuntuone.devtools.testing.txcheck.SuperNotCalled (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/89027716:45
mandelnessita, sure, I've seend those bug report popping on my email16:45
mandelnessita, https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntuone-windows-installer/put-migration-together/+merge/78995 https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntuone-control-panel/auto-update-functions/+merge/80237 and https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntuone-control-panel/auto-update-looping-call/+merge/81015 have been updated, re-view when you can16:55
nessitamandel: ack!17:00
jdobrienanyone know why i see these? (u1sdtool:15320): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap"17:01
jdobriensudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-pixbuf17:03
dobeyjdobrien: you installed gtk2-engines-pixbuf and still get them afterward?17:04
jdobriendobey: no17:04
jdobriendobey: that fixed it17:04
dobeyof course, u1sdtool shouldn't be printing them anyway, since it shouldn't be using gtk17:04
jdobriendobey: i was seeing it from some qt apps17:05
mandelnessita, in case translators consider that tye should be different, mainly covering my ass in that aspect17:05
mandelnessita, all branches in ubuntuone-storage-protocol reviewd and tests ran on N (my O box is not yet setup with everything)17:05
dobeyjdobrien: yeah, that makes more sense though, as they were probably using the gtk+ theme17:05
mandelnessita, you need an extra +117:05
=== beuno is now known as beuno-lunch
nessitamandel: so, translators don't see how we define constants, they just get the string as is to translate17:10
nessitamandel: as far as I know, there is no gain to have the strings duplicated. Would you please remove the dupes?17:11
mandelnessita, sure, not at all a problem, can you add that to the MP so that I fix all the issue you see in one go?17:11
nessitamandel: sure!17:11
nessitadobey: would you know why mandel appears as community here https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntuone-storage-protocol/test-failing-stable-2-0/+merge/82191 ?17:12
dobeynessita: the branch reviewer was not set for some reason17:15
dobeynessita: it was set to control-tower, not hackers17:15
gatoxlunch!! brb17:16
=== gatox is now known as gatox_lunch
mandelalecu, ping17:16
alecumandel, pong17:17
mandelalecu, do you have the time to organize the bugs I should be tackling regarding the proxy support?17:17
alecumandel, sure17:17
mandelalecu, AFAIK this is the list we are working on: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-sso-client/+bugs?field.tag=u1-proxy right?17:18
nessitadobey: hum.... ok, changing17:19
dobeynessita: i already fixed it and stable-3-0 both :)17:19
nessitadobey: oh, thanks17:19
nessitalading now then!17:19
nessitadobey: are you reviewing the other 2 branches?17:20
alecumandel, right now I'm working on bugs #884968, #884970 and #88497117:20
dobeynessita: when you make a new stable branch, you need to go to the LP branch page and set the branch reviewer (in the menu on the upper right of the page)17:20
ubot4Launchpad bug 884968 in ubuntu-sso-client "common proxy-aware web client (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88496817:20
ubot4Launchpad bug 884970 in ubuntu-sso-client "common proxy-aware web client: qnetwork backend (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88497017:20
ubot4Launchpad bug 884971 in ubuntu-sso-client "common proxy-aware web client: libsoup backend (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88497117:20
dobeynessita: no, i just approved them to kill the pending review from control-tower17:21
nessitadobey: duly noted17:21
dobeynessita: also, new stable branches need to be reconfigured to be unstacked (bzr reconfigure --unstacked lp:ubuntuone-storage-protocol/stable-3-0)17:21
mandelalecu, ok, can you mark them as in progress? and of those, how far are you, because if you have 'the common proxy-aware web client'  I suppose we can work in parallel the other two17:21
nessitadobey: I did that :-)17:22
dobeynessita: ah, stable-2-0 wasn't. but i fixed it already17:22
nessitadobey: awesome ( I think I fixed that last week...)17:23
dobeynessita: anyway, should fix the branch reviewer on the other stable-3-0 branches you've created today if you haven't already :)17:23
nessitadobey: I'll do it, of course17:24
nessitadobey: ah, you fixed protocol stable-3-0 already, no?17:25
alecumandel, I'm working on a branch for those three bugs.17:25
nessitadobey: ack, then protocol should be good to go as soon as my test fixes lands17:25
alecumandel, the bugs -70 and -71 are very easy once the first part is in place.17:25
mandelalecu, ok.. I can take -72 -73 -75 but I'd need to know the general API I should be using17:26
alecumandel, well, I much rather have something working before starting with those...17:27
mandelalecu, so -78 looks to be the only one that is not blocked by that atm, right?17:27
alecumandel, what about -63?17:27
dobeynessita: well, we need to update the tarmac config for the stable-3-0 branches. so that specific one won't land yet until we do :)17:27
mandelalecu, yeah, I have the same opinion17:27
nessitadobey: right, want me to do that?17:27
alecumandel, -63 is about doing some scripts to be run inside jenkins...17:27
alecumandel, I was thinking about some script that starts a squid instance with a custom .conf file17:28
mandelalecu, hm.. I've never worked with jenkinds.. I can always learn I suppose :)17:28
alecumandel, and that runs some tests against that squid.17:28
dobeynessita: let's wait and do all the new branch config in tarmac all at once.17:28
alecumandel, do not worry about jenkins... it will just run our script.17:28
nessitadobey: makes sense. When that happens, please let me know since I want to also be familiar with that part17:29
mandelalecu, so basically a script that setups a squid with the .conf file? sounds reasonable :)17:29
alecumandel, the important thing is that our script will start some tests proxy configured with auth and without auth17:29
alecumandel, it starts a squid, *AND* it runs some tests using that squid.17:29
dobeynessita: sure thing17:29
mandelalecu, ok, I'll update the description of the bug and will start with it17:29
mandelalecu, I'd that to run on Windows too, and squid does run on Windows AFAIK17:30
alecumandel, great! let me know if you have any troubles or crazy ideas :-)17:30
alecumandel, good point.17:31
ralsinamandel: as long as you can write a shell script to do what you want and return a value, jenkins can live with that17:31
mandelralsina, can it be a python one?17:31
ralsinamandel: yes, with a plugin, I think17:31
ralsinamandel: worse case, a shell script that starts a python program ;-)17:31
mandelalecu, and what about adding that to u1trial? is that a crazy idea?17:32
mandelralsina, like most of our run-tests.bat :)17:32
dobeyadding what to u1trial?17:32
mandeldobey, we want a script that starts a sqid proxy with a .conf and runs the test with and without auth17:33
mandeldobey, basically for bug 88496317:33
dobeymandel: u1trial can already do that17:33
ubot4Launchpad bug 884963 in ubuntu-sso-client "proxy integration tests (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88496317:33
mandeldobey, it can set up a proxy with squid?17:33
dobeymandel: it has an API to let you run arbitrary services in a contained environment for testing; this is how the private dbus session works :)17:34
dobeymandel: so basically, you just need to write the service runner, and a testcase that uses it17:35
mandeldobey, you read my mind :)17:36
nessitamandel: review of https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntuone-windows-installer/put-migration-together/+merge/78995 done17:36
mandelalecu, I think dobey approach is the nices way to do it, waht do you think?17:36
mandelnessita, on it17:36
nessitadobey: ussoc will also be 3-0, right?17:37
dobeynessita: everything will be 3-017:37
alecumandel, adding it to u1trial sounds like a good idea to me.17:38
mandelalecu, ok, then I'll do that and will change the project of the bug17:39
alecumandel, i think we should open a different bug to add that to u1-dev-tools17:40
alecumandel, and leave this bug to use that feature from sso17:40
alecumandel, does it make sense?17:41
mandelalecu, sure :)17:41
dobeyalecu, mandel: use "also affects" and fix both at the same time, so we can make sure it works correctly before landing it :)17:41
mandeldobey, done17:43
dobeyso i installed indicator-multiload17:45
dobeyand it's apparently using 2% of CPU time to monitor the usage statistics17:45
dobeyand compiz is using 10-20% to render it :(17:46
dobeynessita: oh; another thing that needs to be done for new stable branches when they are made…17:50
nessitadobey: packaging dailes? already done17:50
nessitadobey: anything else?17:50
ralsinadobey: CPU monitors are the ultimate quantum uncertainty principle example17:51
ralsinaAnd I need a (late) lunch. See you all in a bit.17:51
dobeynessita: unsubscribing ubuntuone-control-tower from the branch, and subscribing ubuntuone-hackers (with no notification e-mail, don't send diffs, and with all changes for code review level)17:51
nessitadobey: oki, let me try that on protocdol17:53
nessitadobey: you already changed it for protocol? :-/17:54
nessitadobey: ah, I see my mistake17:55
dobeyyou were looking at trunk? :)17:55
nessitadobey: no, I was looking at the subscription of the control-tower, which had what you describe17:56
nessitaI fixed it now17:56
nessitayey! protocol 3.1 daily builds built OK17:57
=== beuno-lunch is now known as beuno
=== gatox_lunch is now known as gatox
mandelnessita, lp:~mandel/ubuntuone-windows-install/put-migration-together has been updated following your remarks18:22
nessitamandel: ack!18:23
dobeyman i wish ~.bazaar/locations.conf supported regular expression matching18:27
gatoxbrb..... need to restart18:30
nessitadobey: +1018:33
dobeynessita: just making these branches makes me feel more productive! :)18:36
nessitadobey: awesome! since you're feeling that way, would you  please trivial review these? precise build failed on dailies recipe: https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/lint-fix-stable-3-0/+merge/82208 and https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/lint-fix/+merge/8220718:37
dobeyah right; hrmm18:39
dobeymeh launchpad is slow18:41
dobeynessita: approved18:41
dobeyalso, really really really want to get rid of pylint18:41
nessitadobey: hum... I don't :-) (unless we replaces with something as good as it but with less false-positives)18:42
nessitadobey: and FYI, this pylint issue was legit, some code migration screwed this tests18:42
nessitadobey: meaning that the patching should be done on client.root and not client itself18:43
nessitadobey: is not as good as pylint when reporting issues....18:43
nessitayes, it has less false positived, but a lot less of real-positives18:44
dobeyand it's a lot simpler than pylint18:44
nessitaperhaps simples, but less useful atm18:44
dobeyi think it is easier to add checks to pyflakes, than to make pylint be less complex :)18:45
nessitadobey: well, if you provide a pyflakes as good as pylint with less positives, I'm happy to switch (perhaps a freaky friday project for you? ;-))18:46
dobeyugh :)18:46
dobeynessita: do you have a list?18:47
nessitadobey: nopes, but I can work on one in the next couple of weeks (do not count my holiday week ;-))18:48
dobeynessita: when are you on holiday?18:49
nessitadobey: starting this Fri, up to the 29 inclusive18:49
dobeywell i am off on 24/25 anyway :)18:50
rye20090 www-data  20   0 4225m 1.4g 1388 S   15 72.6   1:05.32 apache218:54
dobeyoh; hrmm, i need to deal with my avahi package branch too18:54
dobeyrye: wrong channel? :)18:54
mandelrye, are you talking dirty again?18:55
ryemandel, yes, 1.4g of dirty apache218:55
mandelok, EOD for me, see you all tom!!18:56
dobeymandel: go easy on the gin and tonics :)18:56
gatoxmandel, bye18:56
mandeldobey, working tom == manuel not drinking besides coffee :)18:56
mandeldobey, except when the barman pays!18:58
mandelnow I really go :P18:58
dobeyi wonder how many miles it takes to get a free round trip to some island or some asian country, on delta19:06
dobeya lot19:08
dobeyoh man, flights to costa rica are not too bad19:19
dobeygrr, delta; your flight search sucks and is full of lies :(19:22
dobeynessita: where are you at on the stable-3-0 branching?19:29
nessitadobey: ALL DONE! :-) (now I'm IRL testing all stable-3-0 so ralsina can build the windows release from there)19:30
dobeynessita: ah ok, cool19:30
nessitadobey: but ussoc, u1client, u1protocol, u1controlpanel and u1windowsinstaller are ready (stable-3-0 branch, bumped trunk, bumped dailies if applicable)19:31
nessitadobey: need me to also do devtools?19:31
dobeynessita: no, i will do it19:32
nessitadobey: ok, what else is pending? u1-client-gnome, desktopcouch, u1couch... anything else?19:32
dobeydesktopcouch/u1couch i don't think we need to bother with; i already did u1-client-gnome branching (need to update packaging still though)19:33
nessitadobey: ok, agreed to dc and u1couch. Anything else?19:33
dobeynessita: i got the rest though. going to take a quick break for a minute then finish them up and get the packaging updated19:33
nessitadobey: ack19:33
nessitaI may do the same to make some mate19:34
nessitaralsina: could you please answer bug #889556?19:37
ubot4Launchpad bug 889556 in ubuntuone-client "I can't unistall Ubuntu One in Windows XP (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88955619:37
ralsinanessita: sure19:37
ralsinanessita: I am not getting to askubuntu before wednesday though :-/19:39
nessitaralsina: but can you answer the same bug report? at least for this user19:40
ralsinanessita: the bug report is answered since 40 seconds ago :-)19:40
nessitaok then :-)19:40
nhainesGreetings to everyone.  :)19:49
nessitaralsina: ok, I made a run of all our services on a development win7 using, for everything, the stable-3-0 branches19:50
ralsinanessita: how did it go?19:50
nessitaralsina: is working, so can we use those when building the release?19:50
nessitaralsina: great, that way we can start building releases from stable branches19:50
nhainesI installed the Ubuntu One installer for 2.0.1 on my work machine running Windows 7 SP1, and although the U1 control panel does come up eventually, on every tab I get the error: "Attribute error\n"'NoneType' oject has no attribute 'get_rootdir'"19:51
nhainesAssuming there's no bug already filed on this, what log files might you guys need?19:51
dobeynhaines: there is definitely a bug filed for that error19:52
nhainesdobey: then I will take a look to see if I can help add relevent information.19:52
nessitanhaines: there is one, let me grab it for you19:52
nhainesdobey: the annoying thing is that it was no sweat on my home PC.  :)19:52
dobeyi have seen get_rootdir come up a few times in subject lines in my bug mail folder :)19:52
nhainesnessita: thank you, that's a big help.19:52
nessitanhaines: what locale does your windows installation have?19:52
nhainesnessita: English (United States)19:53
nessitanhaines: bug #85542819:53
ubot4Launchpad bug 855428 in ubuntuone-client "AttributeError: "NoneType" object has no attribute get_rootdir (affects: 14) (dups: 9) (heat: 108)" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85542819:53
nessitanhaines: can you please confirm the following:19:54
nessitanhaines: what's your your user home (user profile)19:56
nessitathe path to config data, and the path to cache data. Those would tipically be: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\xdg\cache\ and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ubuntuone19:56
nessitanhaines: we have noticed this error on users that have some non asci character in any of those paths ^19:56
nhainesOh!  This is Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit, btw.19:56
nessitanhaines: it should work19:57
nhainesMy user home is C:\Users\haines_n.SC19:57
nessitanhaines: hum that should not be an issue19:57
nessitanhaines: if none of those paths have a non ascii character, we need to debug further your installation. Could you please email me all the logs, compressed, to natalia.bidart@canonical.com?19:58
nhainesnessita: I'd be happy to, provided you can say which logs you need.  Just the ones in $HOME\AppData\Local\xdg\cache\ubuntuone\log or are there more?19:59
nessitanhaines: just those. Please make sure to kill the ubuntuone-syncdaemon process before compressing the logs20:00
nessitanhaines: so they are fully written. Do you have such process running?20:00
nhainesnessita: yes.  I just killed it, but it doesn't look like there's any content in syncdaemon-exceptions20:01
nessitanhaines: is ok20:01
nhainesThere are some older logs from the old 2.0.0 install, as well.  That had the same problem, so maybe it'll still help.20:01
nessitanhaines: yes please!20:01
nessitaralsina: before I forgot, could you remember tweaking the default config for windows so the backup_count is 10 instead of 5?20:02
nessitafor the release, I mean20:02
nhainesnessita: thank you very much.  I zipped up everything and sent them your way.20:04
nessitanhaines: lookinf20:07
nessitanhaines: is there any chance you try with another (perhaps dummy) account, under a user whose user home does not have aither a dot or a _?20:08
nessitanhaines: it looks like a symlink creation failed20:08
nessitanhaines: do you have a symlink under 'C:\\Users\\haines_n.SC\\Ubuntu One\\Shared With Me'?20:09
nhainesnessita: aha, answers!  :)  Hmm, I might be able to test that.  Must I reinstall the client?20:09
nhainesYes, that links to C:\Users\haines_n.SC\AppData\Local\xdg\ubuntuone\shares20:09
nessitanhaines: nopes, just create a new user, login as such and double click on the U1 icon20:09
nhainesnessita: okay, I'll go through the setup here.20:13
nessitanhaines: thanks a lot!20:13
nhainesIt claims the file sync is in progress, no error messages.20:13
gatoxeod for me..... too much reading and testinng about win apis.....20:14
gatoxbye! see you tomorrow20:14
nessitanice (though we should debug why is not working for your main user)20:14
nessitagatox: hey, any conclusions about link creation?20:14
nhainesnessita: yes, would be nice.  :)  I have to be logged into the domain so... this is no real solution on this PC.20:14
nhainesLuckily my secondary computer runs Ubuntu!20:15
nessitanhaines: let's try to reset your main user U1 setup, shall we?20:15
nhainesnessita: do you want logs from this account before I remove it?20:15
nhainesnessita: okay, sounds good.20:15
nessitanhaines: if it's working, no need for logs from that dummy account20:15
gatoxnessita, i have to test some other examples yet... probably i'll do it tonight.... now i'm dry... but i think i'll need to see if a lower level implementation can fix that20:16
nhainesSounds good to me then.20:16
nessitagatox: ok, have some rest!20:16
gatoxnessita, i have something here that might work..... but i'll test it in a while20:16
gatoxnessita, probably today...... but in this moment i'm in bug programming mode :P20:17
nessitanhaines: ok, so, from your main account (haines_n.SC), please open the controlpanel (even if you get errors), and got to the devices tab20:17
nessitagatox: ack, rest some now!20:17
gatoxnessita, bbl20:17
nhainesnessita: I never let a couple errors stop me.  ;)20:18
nessitanhaines: :-) do you see your devices listed there?20:18
=== gatox is now known as gatox_away
nhainesIt's still loading, I think it needs to time out.  But before, I did see all my devices listed.20:18
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
nessitanhaines: let me know when the device list loads, it shouldn't timeout... unless you revoked your tokens?20:19
nessitadobey: you around?20:19
nhainesnessita: by timeout, I mean I believe it's waiting for syncdaemon.  Then it gives the NoneType error.  I'll let you know when it loads (I didn't revoke the tokens yet).20:19
nessitanhaines: ack20:20
nessitadobey: do you know what's the problem in https://launchpadlibrarian.net/85134995/buildlog.txt.gz ?20:20
nessitadobey: cp is failing to build on precise20:20
nessitadebian/rules:5: /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/python-distutils.mk: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/cdbs/1/class/python-distutils.mk'.  Stop. dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit status 220:20
nessitaI'm not sure what's that means, besides the obvious20:21
dobeynessita: u1client or ubuntu-sso-client not yet published in the ppa?20:21
nessitadobey: ah, perhpas!20:21
* nessita looks20:21
nessitadobey: though, how can you read that from the build log?20:21
dobeynessita: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/738554/20:22
nessitaI was looking just at the last error20:23
nessitadobey: thanks!20:23
nhainesnessita: still waiting.  :/20:23
nessitanhaines: can you please click on any tab and then again the devices tab?20:23
nessitait will try to reload the devices content again20:23
nhainesnessita: there are no tabs, it's stuck at "Getting information, please wait..."20:23
nessitanhaines: hummmmmmm can you please open the controlpanel.log and paste the content in a pastebin?20:24
nessitanhaines: after pasting the log content, you can certainly try closng the controlpanel from the systray with "Quit" and then reopen from the desktop icon20:25
nhainesnessita: http://paste.ubuntu.com/738556/20:25
nessitawhat? WebClientError: (-1, <twisted.python.failure.Failure <class 'OpenSSL.SSL.Error'>>)20:26
nessitanhaines: please quit the controlpanel and open again :-/20:26
nessitaalecu: any idea why the controlpanel webclient, windows version, will give WebClientError: (-1, <twisted.python.failure.Failure <class 'OpenSSL.SSL.Error'>>)?20:26
nhainesnessita: I have done so, but it is still waiting.20:27
nessitanhaines: did anything changed on your env? like proxy settings?20:28
nhainesnessita: no, nothing.  I reported the error today immediately after installing.20:28
nhainesAh, now I get the error: "Sorry, an error has occurred and Ubuntu One needs to close." and of course the Nonetype error under details.20:29
nhainesClosing that, I see all the tabs, and now I'm in Devices.20:29
nessitanhaines: under details, what do you have?20:29
nessitanhaines: so, in Devices, please remove the current device, you should be redirected to a login screen20:30
nhainesnessita: And so it is.  :)20:30
nessitanhaines: ok, now, before login, please check:20:30
nessita* that you have no ubuntuone-syncdameon process running20:30
nessita* that you have no windows-ubuntu-sso-login process running20:30
nhainesnessita: they are both there.  I'll kill them.20:31
nessita* quit the controlpanel from the systart, so you should also not have any ubuntuone-control-panel-qt procewss running20:31
nessitanhaines: once that's done, backup your logs files away from the log folder, so it gets emptied. And re-open U1 from the desktop icon (you will have to go thru the setup process again)20:32
nhainesnessita: haha, found a bug in the client "Sign in with yur existing Ubuntu One username and password."20:35
nessitanhaines: it says yur20:36
nhainesnessita: yes.20:36
nessitanhaines: would you please file a bug?20:36
nhainesBug 890410 is away.  :)20:39
ubot4Launchpad bug 890410 in ubuntuone-windows-installer "Ubuntu One Control Panel login request has typo in Windows (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/89041020:39
nhainesI would pull source and do a merge thingy but... at work and on my lunch break.  :)  (I might need to go soon too.)20:39
nhainesOkay, Ubuntu One setup is sitting at "Getting information, please wait..."20:39
nhainesOkay, be back in an hourish.20:40
nessitanhaines: ack, if I'm not here, look for me tomorrow20:40
nessitaralsina_: ping21:08
dobeynessita: i am a bit skeptical about making stable-3-0 of devtools at the moment; due to my aversion to the sso dependency :)21:08
nessitadobey: ok :-)21:08
nessitadobey: anyways, I would advice that the port of the music store to GTK3 has more priority that "fixing" pyxdg21:09
jdobriennessita: party pooper21:09
nessitaralsina_: can you please review the two linked branches in bug #890410 before building the release? they fixed a silly, silly typo21:09
ubot4Launchpad bug 890410 in ubuntuone-control-panel/trunk (and 2 other projects) "Ubuntu One Control Panel login request has typo in Windows (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/89041021:09
nessitajdobrien: is my middle name!21:09
dobeynessita: getting the store working on gtk3 is pretty easy really. all the other stuff we need to do to make it much nicer though, is a bit harder :)21:10
nessitadobey: well, but I think it will be good if we can upload to the main repo a store that does not depend on gtk2, so some dependencies can be dropped. Also, we can add the other improvements right after that, no?21:11
dobeynessita: yes; there apparently is still some more arguing to do about rb vs banshee though :(21:12
nessitadobey: ok, right21:12
nessitaok -> oh21:14
nessitadobey: do you know when that will be settled?21:15
dobeywhen people can stop acting like 2 year olds in a sandbox? :)21:15
nessitadobey: I was looking for the close-to-reality answer ;-)21:15
nessitanot the utopic ones :-P21:16
dobeyi will have to ping pitti in the am i suppose, and see what we can do21:16
dobeynessita: well, i am very tempted to just write a new music player21:17
dobeybut probably won't get very far, because the platform is not very platformy21:17
nessitadobey: ok, keep me posted (about the banshee-rb issue, if you build a player just let me know when is done and you need beta testers ;-))21:18
nessitaok, I'm gone for the day!21:18
nessitasee ya tomorrow crowd21:18
dobeycheers nessita21:18
* dobey wonders if it would be easier to just fork pyxdg and call it something else, or try and take it over21:19
dobeyprobably fork21:19
=== pedronis_ is now known as pedronis
nhainesAww, I missed him.  :)21:46
nhainesOops, it is her!  dobey: thanks.21:52
rich3can i use ubuntu-one to backup my local email?  I'm technical enough to do it, i just need some direction22:05
nhainesrich3: where are your mail files stored and what format are they in?22:06
rich3my mail files are in $HOME/Mail.  I'm using slypheed, so it uses the MH mailbox format to store mails22:29
rich3i could switch mail clients if it would help22:29
rich3i was thinking a cron job to copy the files over to an ubuntu one folder22:32
dobeyhave a good evening all. i'm out22:47
black_puppydogHey all, got a question concerning U1 for windows, is anyone familiar with it?23:40
black_puppydogfamiliar and present that is ;)23:40

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!