=== kalosaurusrex is now known as albrigha
harrisi am trying to make bootable linux  usb04:21
ubudogHi harris, a better place to ask would be the #ubuntu channel, as this is a meeting channel.04:21
harrisnobody is on number ubuntu04:22
ubudogThere are a few people there helping, including myself.  Just ask.  :)04:23
elkyharris, you need to join the channel first.04:24
elkytyping "/join #ubuntu" (but with no quote marks) should do it for most irc clients.04:25
Artificial_Intel12 min. left05:48
Artificial_Intellets see how many shows up.05:49
cariboo907I'm here05:49
* coffeecat is here05:51
bodhizazenAnyone here for the Ubuntu Forums Council Meeting ?05:56
* coffeecat is here05:56
bodhizazen'lo AI =)05:56
* cariboo907 is here05:56
* Iowan is un-absent for a change05:56
bodhizazen3 min or so, I thought s-fox could make the meeting05:57
bodhizazenAgenda : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumCouncilAgenda05:58
bodhizazenOK, sorry was distracted here for a minute06:03
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb  1 06:03:53 2012 UTC.  The chair is bodhizazen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.06:03
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired06:03
bodhizazenAgain, who is here for the meeting =)06:04
moergaesMörgæs o/06:04
bodhizazenI would like to go a bit out of order w/ the agenda06:05
bodhizazenFirst, thank you all around06:05
bodhizazenThanks to the FC members who servered in the past, and thank you to the New FC members06:05
bodhizazenAnd thank you to the mod staff =)06:06
bodhizazenIs ripfox here ?06:06
bodhizazen[topic]Reverse Ripfox Ban06:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Reverse Ripfox Ban
bodhizazenAnyone here want to discuss Ripfox ?06:07
Artificial_Intelis he aware of this meeting today?06:07
bodhizazenProbably not06:07
bodhizazenI would say we can give Ripfox the benefit of the doubt here, and reverse the ban06:08
bodhizazenBut it is probably a little too late06:08
IowanWhat caused it?06:08
Artificial_Intelnext time in such situation we need to send an e-mail to the person(s).06:08
* bodhizazen looks06:08
cariboo907I just checked Ripfox's history in the RC, he seems to have had problems with moderation since 200806:09
bodhizazenRipfox  - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?threadid=188193606:09
bodhizazenHere is the thread in the RC - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=187766206:11
coffeecatThere were a number of strange RC threads in 2008 and then nothing until the Unity trolling business in 201106:11
Artificial_IntelWe can give him a second chance.06:12
IowanI'd opt for "converting" the 15 pointer to 506:12
cariboo907+1 for a second chance06:12
bodhizazenWell, the unity issue came up at sort of a bad time - I think most of the staff was sort of sick of it already06:12
bodhizazen[VOTE] Ripfox a second chance06:13
meetingologyPlease vote on: Ripfox a second chance06:13
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)06:13
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen06:13
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat06:13
meetingology+1 received from Artificial_Intel06:13
meetingology+1 received from cariboo90706:13
meetingology+1 received from Iowan06:13
meetingology0 received from moergaes06:13
bodhizazen[ENDVOTE] Ripfox a second chance06:13
meetingologyVoting ended on: Ripfox a second chance06:13
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:106:13
meetingologyMotion carried06:13
bodhizazenOK aynone willing to PM / email Ripfox ?06:13
IowanI will...06:14
bodhizazenThanks, I reversed the infraction06:14
bodhizazen[ACTION] Ban revered on Ripfox, Iowan to send PM / E-mail06:15
meetingologyACTION: Ban revered on Ripfox, Iowan to send PM / E-mail06:15
bodhizazen[TOPIC]Buffalo Soldier Sub-forum request06:15
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Buffalo Soldier Sub-forum request
bodhizazenBuffalo Soldier or s-fox ?06:16
bodhizazenI would say +1 if Buffalo makes contact with Canonical first, but I am not sure how far along the process is06:17
moergaesHow was it about having a general sub-forum for preinstalled Buntu?06:17
moergaesI mean, there could be many requests from small companies for a similar forum.06:18
* cariboo907 +1, but I'd like to see him go through Canonical06:19
Artificial_Intelor forums with with subs for each companies, like we have loco forums. Then we avoid mess06:19
bodhizazenI like the idea of promoting pre-installed Ubuntu / Linux, but I am uncomfortable with promoting this vs that product06:19
bodhizazenIf we promote a product, IMO, it should be in conjunction with Canonical06:20
cariboo907As far as I'm concerned we (the forum) shouldn't play favourites06:20
IowanI presume it was Canonical who established the current manufacturer sub forums06:20
bodhizazen[VOTE]Ask Buffalo soldier to contact Canonical and get back to us06:21
meetingologyPlease vote on: Ask Buffalo soldier to contact Canonical and get back to us06:21
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)06:21
* cariboo907 agrees06:21
bodhizazenYes Iowan06:21
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen06:21
meetingology+1 received from cariboo90706:21
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat06:21
meetingology+1 received from Artificial_Intel06:21
meetingology+1 received from Iowan06:21
meetingology+1 received from moergaes06:21
meetingologyVoting ended on: Ask Buffalo soldier to contact Canonical and get back to us06:21
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:006:21
meetingologyMotion carried06:21
bodhizazenAnyone willing to contact Buffalo soldier ?06:21
moergaesI can do it.06:22
* cariboo907 will06:22
bodhizazen[ACTION]Ask buffalo soldier to contact canonical and get back to us06:22
meetingologyACTION: Ask buffalo soldier to contact canonical and get back to us06:22
bodhizazenI think cariboo907 would be best =)06:22
bodhizazen[TOPIC] CC meeting06:22
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: CC meeting
bodhizazenIt would be ideal if at least one FC could attend CC meetings =)06:23
bodhizazenThey are at odd times (last I looked) an it will be difficult for me to attend06:23
bodhizazenWe could rotate (see last item on agenda)06:24
cariboo907I haven't looked to see what time the meetings are at, so I can't say06:24
* cariboo907 checked, I can probably make it06:25
bodhizazenAlong those lines, would be nice to see FC and staff promote ubuntu within other community venues - LP, wiki, IRC, ask ubuntu, and there is a community channel ??06:25
IowanI'd be happy to attend, if time/date/memory all cooperate.06:25
Artificial_Intellast time I checked, their meetings are around 2-3 o'clock  in the morning for me, so I'll have difficulties to attend.06:25
bodhizazenAny more comments on CC meetings ?06:25
cariboo907the meetings are on the 1st and 3rd thursday at 17:00 UTC06:26
bodhizazenExactly AI , the CC meets at inconvenient to all sorts of times06:26
bodhizazenI am going to skip to ZaReason sub forums06:26
bodhizazenZaReason Sub-Forum Idea06:27
=== Topic unset by meetingology on #ubuntu-meeting
bodhizazenProbably same as with Buffalo soldiger06:27
bodhizazenHave we had any "official" contact from Zareason or Canonical ?06:27
Artificial_Intelno news on that front?06:27
cariboo907+1 to that06:27
coffeecatDidn't ZaReason already contact Canonical?06:27
bodhizazen[ACTION]s-fox to follow up on Zareason =)06:28
meetingologyACTION: s-fox to follow up on Zareason =)06:28
bodhizazen[TOPIC]Community building ideas06:28
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Community building ideas
bodhizazenI would like to see more positive / support / social interactions with staff and community , and not all fighting with trolls and spam-ban06:29
cariboo907I was approched by effenberg0x0 about creating a bit of a community around the ubuntu +1 sub-forum06:29
bodhizazenAny ideas on how to promote community spirit of forums ?06:29
bodhizazenThat would be great cariboo90706:30
bodhizazenI have been working on the ask ubuntu community06:30
Artificial_Intelinteract in lighthearted topics in café, not only in the one that can explode any time soon.06:30
cariboo907effenberg0x0 and I are conducting a classroom session at UDW so i'll discuss it with him further06:30
bodhizazenask ubuntu often refers conversations from ask ubuntu -> ubuntu fourms , I have make them aware we do not appreciate some of the topics though =)06:31
bodhizazenAlso, staff in general should be aware of #ubuntu-community-team06:32
cariboo907unfortunately I have to leave for work, so I'll say good day to all06:32
bodhizazenIt is sort of a gathering IRC channel for various people in various leadership positions across the community06:32
Artificial_Intelany exampel of this?06:33
bodhizazenexample of what Artificial_Intel ?06:33
Artificial_Intel"ask ubuntu often refers conversations from ask ubuntu -> ubuntu fourms , I have make them aware we do not appreciate some of the topics though"06:33
bodhizazenI would have to dig some up ..06:34
* bodhizazen looks06:34
bodhizazenSee comments06:35
coffeecat"I don't know where the right place for Unity feedback is, but this isn't it." Sounds familiar!06:36
Artificial_IntelAn Unity sub forum?06:37
bodhizazen"This sort of discussion is a better fit for the Ubuntu Forums. – Jorge Castro 10 hours ago "06:37
bodhizazenThat sort of thing Artificial_Intel and coffeecat06:38
bodhizazenjust FYI06:38
Artificial_Intelyea, there's no need to send the garbage to UF06:38
bodhizazenIf I see a referral of a conversation that is more obviously trolling I object =)06:38
bodhizazenYea, for now monitor it, there is some cross posting between ask ubuntu and the forums, support as well as conversation06:39
coffeecatCommunity spirit. How about involving the Ubuntu members (through forum contributions)?06:39
bodhizazenIt is not as if we notice the referrals from ask ubuntu , the cafe is busy enough that IMO it is not a problem06:39
bodhizazen+1 coffeecat06:40
bodhizazenI would like to suggest adding 1-2 staff 1 month prior to a release06:40
bodhizazenand ask less active ones to step down, sort of keeps the staff and community working together and lessens burn out06:41
bodhizazenAny other community building suggestions ?06:41
bodhizazenCriteria - Ubuntu fourms members + positive contributions06:41
bodhizazendo not have criteria for stepping down ...06:42
bodhizazenAny other comments on community building ?06:42
bodhizazenI just wanted you all to keep in mind , we are community leaders, and we should make an effort to grow the community, recognize the positive contributions of othes , and work with the other community leaders06:43
bodhizazenA common comment on many teams in the community is isolation =)06:43
Artificial_IntelCan't we put this topic up in Staff chit chat.06:44
bodhizazenI did not necessarily think we would have a "solution" to this "problem" and I wish s-fox were here ;P06:44
coffeecatI'm still mulling over Ubuntu members.06:44
bodhizazengo for it Artificial_Intel06:44
coffeecatDon't have a conc rete suggestion.06:44
bodhizazen[TOPIC]Division of Labor06:44
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Division of Labor
bodhizazenIt is sad to say, the FC has grown inactive in the last few months for a variety of reasons.06:45
bodhizazenI was wondering if it might be helpful to divide the tasks and "assign" certain tasks to certain members06:45
bodhizazenWe could rotate tasks or not06:46
Artificial_Intelseems like a goode idea to try it out06:46
bodhizazenI posted an initial "to do" list here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=191236806:47
IowanA to-do list would be helpful06:47
bodhizazenwas hoping for any other suggestions I might have missed06:47
bodhizazenWe can then assign FC - these two, Ubuntu membership - those two, etc06:47
bodhizazenI did not want to start assigning the tasks just yet, but suggest we start this month ?06:48
bodhizazenOne person can approve mailings to the FC mailing list, etc06:48
bodhizazenWe can touch base on assigning tasks in chit chat ?06:49
IowanWhich tasks are in deepest need - or are most?06:49
bodhizazenHow about if everyone selects something to do this month =)06:49
bodhizazenDeepest need - we need to , IMO06:50
bodhizazen1. assess staff needs06:50
Artificial_IntelI don't mind having RC. I interact with people on professional level daily.06:50
bodhizazen2. start up on the monthly team report06:50
bodhizazendo you all know what that is ?06:50
s-foxI can do #206:51
Iowani just reviewed it...06:51
bodhizazenWe also need to get ubuntu forms members going pronto06:52
bodhizazenEncourage applications06:52
bodhizazenapprove applications06:52
coffeecatI would like to volunteer for UBuntu members processes06:53
bodhizazenOK coffeecat06:53
bodhizazenHow about if you review the pending applications06:53
IowanI'd like to help with FC mailing list.06:53
bodhizazenpost in chit chat,06:53
bodhizazenOnes to approve06:53
bodhizazenOnes to decline06:53
coffeecatYes - I;ve been thinking about related matters too.06:53
bodhizazenand ones you need help with06:53
s-foxWe have a backlog to process. +1 on getting on top of it06:54
bodhizazenThe only one I think we need to discuss is wolfen6906:54
bodhizazenKeep in mind, eventually , if not now, all future staff have to be members06:54
IowanHave we added a participation (calendar) reuiement?06:55
bodhizazenEncourage all your friends and people with helpful posts you see to apply06:55
bodhizazenWe should ask the entire staff to invite06:55
bodhizazenHow about if FC members post what tasks they will take this month here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=191236806:56
bodhizazenThen start a discussion thread on your topic / issue in scc06:56
bodhizazen[TOPIC]wolfen69 for membership06:56
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: wolfen69 for membership
bodhizazenAny suggestions re: wolfen69 ?06:57
bodhizazenAnyone want to vote on wolfen69 ?06:57
s-foxI have no problem with it. People make mistakes, people can change.06:57
moergaesI have already posted my reservations, so I'll not repeat them here...06:58
bodhizazenI will acknowledge his posting style can be edgy, but it does not bother me06:58
bodhizazenmoergaes, please summarize them =)06:58
moergaesOne second, let me search...06:58
bodhizazenI would not ask if I did not want input06:58
s-foxIt is no worse than HTL bodhizazen06:58
bodhizazenHTL ?06:59
bodhizazenI honestly think wolfen69 has "community support"06:59
moergaesHere: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11556560&postcount=2906:59
IowanNo infractions/warnings since april '0907:00
bodhizazenI would say approve him, but let him know we expect that he be mindful of his posting style as he now represents the community07:00
s-foxSorry, i was thinking of the old username. Now flies by Bachstelze07:00
coffeecatbodhizazen, I think we ought to have a formal vote/discussion on each applicant in http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=406 As quickly as possible, obviously.07:00
s-fox /s/flies/goes07:00
bodhizazenOIC, +1 to that s-fox, the problem with HTL was that he as also staff07:01
bodhizazenWant to run through it now ?07:01
s-fox"Problem" - haha07:01
bodhizazenOr post in chit-chat coffeecat07:01
coffeecatOK - that would be easier for everyone.07:02
bodhizazenwell s-fox there was more then once it spilled into staff =(07:02
bodhizazenwhich coffeecat ?07:02
coffeecatPOst in chit chat. :)07:02
bodhizazenyou tell us and we will go with it07:02
s-foxYes, that is true07:02
coffeecatI'll start a thread in SCC.07:03
bodhizazen[ACTION] coffeecat will review UF applicants and post in chit chat07:03
meetingologyACTION: coffeecat will review UF applicants and post in chit chat07:03
bodhizazenI would like to see a decision on a few tonight07:03
bodhizazen[VOTE] haqking for membership07:03
meetingologyPlease vote on: haqking for membership07:03
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)07:03
meetingology+1 received from Iowan07:04
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen07:04
meetingology+1 received from Artificial_Intel07:04
meetingology+1 received from moergaes07:04
meetingology+1 received from s-fox07:04
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat07:04
meetingologyVoting ended on: haqking for membership07:04
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:007:04
meetingologyMotion carried07:04
bodhizazen[VOTE] Old_Gray_Wolf for membership07:04
meetingologyPlease vote on: Old_Gray_Wolf for membership07:04
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)07:04
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen07:04
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat07:05
meetingology+1 received from nothingspecial07:05
meetingology+1 received from moergaes07:05
meetingology+1 received from Artificial_Intel07:05
meetingology+1 received from s-fox07:05
meetingology0 received from Iowan07:05
meetingologyVoting ended on: Old_Gray_Wolf for membership07:05
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:107:05
meetingologyMotion carried07:05
moergaes(Sorry, do I have the right to vote here?)07:05
bodhizazen[VOTE] rafa.genupula for membership07:05
meetingologyPlease vote on: rafa.genupula for membership07:05
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)07:05
bodhizazenmoergaes, we normally ask FC members only to vote07:05
meetingology+0 received from s-fox07:06
meetingology+0 received from coffeecat07:06
meetingology+1 received from Artificial_Intel07:06
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen07:07
bodhizazenAny other votes ?07:07
* Iowan looking07:07
bodhizazenI only have one more candidate07:07
meetingology0 received from Iowan07:07
meetingologyVoting ended on: rafa.genupula for membership07:07
meetingologyVotes for:2 Votes against:0 Abstentions:307:07
meetingologyMotion carried07:07
bodhizazen[VOTE] wolfen69 for membership07:07
meetingologyPlease vote on: wolfen69 for membership07:07
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)07:07
meetingology+1 received from Artificial_Intel07:08
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen07:08
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat07:08
meetingology+1 received from Iowan07:08
meetingology+1 received from s-fox07:08
meetingologyVoting ended on: wolfen69 for membership07:08
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:007:08
meetingologyMotion carried07:08
bodhizazen[VOTE] Dangertux for membership07:09
meetingologyPlease vote on: Dangertux for membership07:09
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)07:09
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen07:09
meetingology+1 received from Iowan07:09
meetingology+1 received from s-fox07:09
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat07:09
meetingology+0 received from Artificial_Intel07:09
meetingologyVoting ended on: Dangertux for membership07:09
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:107:09
meetingologyMotion carried07:09
bodhizazenAnyone want to vote on the other 2 ?07:09
bodhizazenI do not know them well enough07:09
coffeecatSuggest we have a discussion/vote for them in the staff area.07:10
s-foxWho are they? I am on a 3G connection... Slow haha07:10
bodhizazenJoseph Mills and lechien7307:10
bodhizazen+1 coffeecat07:10
s-foxI don't know either of them07:11
coffeecatI'll kick that off.07:11
bodhizazen[TOPIC]Open discussion07:11
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Open discussion
bodhizazenWe are at an hour or so now, any input from the staff or other community members ?07:11
bodhizazenWhat can the FC do for you ? do better ?07:11
moergaesRegarding membership:07:11
Artificial_IntelGot something.....Who unsubscribed me from FC mailing list?07:11
bodhizazens-fox, we reversed the ban on ripfox07:11
IowanPM sent...07:12
s-foxThank you bodhizazen .07:12
bodhizazenArtificial_Intel, Must have been me ? Although I do not recall doing so07:12
bodhizazenPost to the ML07:12
s-foxIt felt "wrong" :)07:12
bodhizazens-fox can you manage the ML this month ?07:12
bodhizazenmoergaes, sure, go for it, speak up07:13
Artificial_IntelI got an e-mail some days ago that I was unsub.07:13
s-foxI recall seeing something about It Artificial_Intel07:13
moergaesWe discussed earlier if there should be an official one year limit for membership applicants.07:13
s-foxI can look after the ml, sure07:13
moergaesIs there any decision on that?07:13
bodhizazenI think the community standard is 1 year, and people then can auto-renew themselves ?07:13
IowanWas that a 1-year participation requirement???07:14
s-foxArtificial_Intel I will see about adding you back :-)07:14
bodhizazenI do not have to do much of anything to maintain my Ubuntu Membership07:14
coffeecatmoergaes: that was something I would like to look at. If everyone is happy I'll start a debate in SCC with other membership matters,07:14
bodhizazen+1 coffeecat07:14
s-fox+1 bodhizazen07:14
bodhizazenI think the key working is "significant contributions"07:14
bodhizazenrather then a strict time of participation07:15
bodhizazenI would say 6 month minimum07:15
bodhizazenin terms of forums account activation07:15
coffeecat+1 perhaps longer07:15
IowanDocumented somewhere?07:16
s-foxAre we in danger of not recognising contribution outside of the forum?07:16
IowanThere are other membership teams for that as well.07:16
s-foxNot enough outside to warrant membership by normal means, but activities of note regardless07:17
bodhizazens-fox, well that is why we ask them to make a wiki page07:17
bodhizazenwe should review their contributions, but applicants should be responsible for bringing it to our attention via wiki07:17
bodhizazenOh, I almost forgot ...07:18
bodhizazenHow do you all want to manage / elect / appoint the FC chairperson ?07:18
bodhizazen[TOPIC] Identify FC chairperson07:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Identify FC chairperson
bodhizazenhave FC members vote ? staff vote ?07:18
s-foxI thought the idea was the FC elect chair ;)07:19
bodhizazenThat was what was discussed previously, but I do not think we have had an official FC chairperson for quiet some time07:19
bodhizazenso I though it best to put it up for discussion07:20
s-foxWell, you know what I think bodhizazen07:20
IowanI know who has been doing the job...07:21
bodhizazenWe should set up some sort of election , suggestions on how to do so ?07:23
s-foxIn terms of seniority, only 1 choice exists. bodhizazen07:23
bodhizazenvote somewhere ?07:23
s-foxWe number 7 on the fc. Do we strictly need a chair?07:24
bodhizazenI do not think the position should be based on seniority, it should be an elected position07:24
bodhizazens-fox, I have not looked in a while, but my understanding was that the CC wanted a chair07:24
bodhizazenWe could post to the CC asking if we need a chairperson07:25
bodhizazenI would be fine without appointing one07:25
bodhizazens/appointing/electing, lol07:25
s-foxOkay, only difference is chair gets  casting vote uncase of ties07:25
bodhizazenAye, might happen on say IRC meetings I suppose07:26
s-foxs-fox for chair +1 :D07:26
bodhizazenDo you all want to discuss this on the mailing list ?07:27
Iowan+1 discuss07:27
bodhizazenWe are close to 90 minutes for this meeting07:27
s-foxDon't object07:27
coffeecat+1 discuss07:27
bodhizazenOK , who will post to the mailing list ?07:27
bodhizazenI suppose that is s-fox as you agreed to manage ML this month =)07:28
bodhizazenAnything else before we end the meeting ?07:28
s-foxIs their anyone who doesnt want to be chair?07:28
s-foxI said i'd do the ml this month07:29
bodhizazenDoes this time work for FC meetings ?07:29
bodhizazenOr rotate ?07:29
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb  1 07:29:31 2012 UTC.07:29
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-01-06.03.moin.txt07:29
IowanPrefer rotate07:29
IowanMy alarm clock goes off in 3.5 hours07:30
bodhizazenOK, thanks everyone07:30
bodhizazenGet some sleep Iowan07:30
s-foxI could do this time, but prefer to rotate. My health was the reason I was late. Apologies07:30
bodhizazens-fox was there an alternate time from the poll you posted ?07:31
s-foxI can't recall. I will find out and put on ml07:31
s-foxAre we done?07:33
bodhizazenyes s-fox07:35
bodhizazenhope you are feeling better07:35
s-foxI got 3 hours sleep today :)07:35
s-foxAnyway. Speak to you later no doubt.07:36
moergaesI'll be off. Thanks for letting us join.07:36
bodhizazenmoergaes, thank you for attending, it is appreciated07:36
s-foxNice to see people07:37
bodhizazenIn the future I would like to announce meetings to the community07:37
moergaesSome day I might even get to learn the rules and traditions here :-)07:37
bodhizazenJust getting started this time07:37
s-foxRules are made for. Breaking. And then bodhizazen can just ban ;-)07:37
Artificial_Intelgood idea to make it more public these meetings07:38
s-foxRight... Either caffeine or bed... Choices :-)07:39
bodhizazenI thought it was important to get the process started, now we bring the community into the discussion07:40
benonsoftwarebodhizazen: You may already know this but, just to let you know you can also use #voters name1 name2 etc.07:51
bodhizazenthanks benonsoftware07:51
benonsoftwareNo probs :p07:52
=== dholbach__ is now known as dholbach
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
* barry waves16:01
* slangasek waves16:02
* stgraber waves16:03
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb  1 16:04:20 2012 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:04
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:04
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round16:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e cjwatson barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek)16:04
slangasekcjwatson ev doko jodh slangasek stgraber barry bdmurray16:04
cjwatsonMostly this week I have been working on upgrade bugs of one kind or another (bug 917173 and bug 922485 in the apt resolver, which I blogged about; bug 924079, which I posted to ubuntu-devel about today).  More of this probably to come; we are not short of upgrade bugs.16:05
cjwatsonFixed mirror handling for ports installs (bug 919356).16:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 917173 in apt (Ubuntu Oneiric) "lucid -> precise upgrade failed: Resolver failed to calculate the upgrade - dpkg-dev held back" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91717316:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922485 in apt (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Lucid Desktop i386 failed to calculate the upgrade to Precise" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92248516:05
cjwatsonPatch piloting on Friday morning.  Dealt with parted/dmraid/multipath-tools fallout from some of the branches I landed (bug 922646).16:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 924079 in apt (Ubuntu) "do-release-upgrade fails to upgrade from Oneiric to Precise" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92407916:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 919356 in choose-mirror (Ubuntu) "Default hostname needed for PowerPC" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91935616:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922646 in parted (Ubuntu Precise) "precise alternate LVM failed to install: no root file system" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92264616:05
cjwatsonFixed netcfg and ubiquity fallout from resolvconf.16:05
cjwatsonScaled down the ubiquity webcam page (bug 869239); took some fiddling to make the test suite handle this properly.16:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 869239 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "webcam screen should be resized for netbooks (Eee PC, 10")" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86923916:05
cjwatsonFixed ubiquity fallout from dbus-python 1.0.0 (bug 922988).16:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922988 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity crashed with UnicodeDecodeError in decode_ssid(): 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 0: unexpected end of data" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92298816:05
cjwatsonFixed casper to set up ubuntustudio groups properly, then fixed fallout from that for everything else when preseeded (oops).16:05
cjwatsonFixed germinate Provides mishandling that broke lucid point release candidate DVDs.  Some other point release preparation.16:05
cjwatsonPreliminary patch for bug 861048 in grub2, but having some build problems.  Shelved until after Alpha 2.16:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 861048 in grub2 (Ubuntu Precise) "have really quick '_' on boot before first purple screen" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86104816:05
ev- Released a new version of whoopsie-daisy (the crash reporting daemon) into16:06
ev  the archive. Still waiting on approval for MIR bug 913694.16:06
ev- Added retracing support to whoopsie-dasiy. It's currently partially broken16:06
ev  as the stack traces change slightly with each new retrace, so a new16:06
ev  stacktrace and stacktrace hash gets written to the columnfamily every time.16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 913694 in whoopsie-daisy (Ubuntu) "[MIR] whoopsie-daisy" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91369416:06
barryouch, sorry about 92298816:06
ev- Added a small purge tool for flushing the message queue.16:06
ev - Created the control center preferences page after spending an indordinate16:06
ev   amount of time digesting the gnome-control-center API that they helpfully16:06
ev   made private, forcing us to patch it back in (without documentation).16:06
ev - Short week; vacation on Monday.16:06
ev - Added initial policy kit permission support in the preferences dialog.16:06
ev - Work on the DBus daemon (using GDBus' code generation) for the preferences16:06
ev   dialog backend.16:06
ev- More work on the DBus daemon. Investigating how to best enable/disable the16:06
ev  upstart job.16:06
cjwatsonbarry: couldn't quite decide if that was a dbus-python bug or not ... feel free to think about it :)16:06
barrywill do!16:06
cjwatsonthe fix was str() -> chr(int())16:06
* doko_ moves to the end of the list16:07
doko_stgraber, please go on16:07
jodhWorking on bug 922754. I've identified the cause and currently busy16:07
jodhbeating the tests with a flaming mallet.16:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922754 in upstart (Ubuntu) "booting without --no-log causes init and plymouth-upstart-bridge to spin at 100%" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92275416:07
stgraber- Testing tracker16:10
stgraber - Updated some scripts in ubuntu-archive-tools16:10
stgraber - Help with Alpha 2 preparation16:10
stgraber- Networking16:10
stgraber - Got resolvconf installed by default (ubuntu-minimal)16:10
stgraber - Fixed issues found after switching to resolvconf (LTSP, LXC, live-build, arkose ...)16:10
stgraber - Most of the SRUs are now in -proposed or -updates (ifupdown, ifenslave-2.6, vlan, bridge-utils)16:10
stgraber- LTSP16:10
stgraber - Merged ldm for the first time in a long long time, expecting to do a complete sync from Debian next week16:10
stgraber - Fixed installability from alternate i386 media (where linux-image-generic doesn't exist)16:10
stgraber - Pushed set of fixes to current LTSP trunk in the hope of making it work properly and be able to upload it this week16:10
stgraber- ARB16:10
stgraber - Spent some time monitoring the queue and nagging the MyApps developers about bugs16:10
stgraber- Friendly Recovery16:10
stgraber - Uploaded new upstart job starting udev, setvtrgb, dealing better with missing jobs, ...16:10
stgraber - Started working on some rework of the menu16:10
barryjodh: emacs irc ftw16:10
stgraber- Containers16:10
stgraber - Submitted merge proposal for container detection and support in our upstrart jobs16:10
stgraber - Did some more test to have an armhf container running on x86. Just two uploads (sysvinit, mountall) away to having it work (post-alpha2)16:10
stgraber- Other16:10
stgraber - Merged bcfg2 (spare time) and started fighting with gamin failing in interesting ways on Precise (because of new glib)16:10
stgraber - Did some cleanup of duplicate upload ACLs and trying to make ~ubuntu-dev consistent (having people with PPU be direct members and everyone else indirect members)16:10
stgraber- TODO16:10
stgraber - Feature Freeze is pretty close, so try to push most of the new stuff before it :)16:10
barryinterviews. pyqt4-dbus review and upload.  dbus-python 1.0.0 sync.  looked at bug 922721 (not an outcome of the python 3 work).  looked at aptdaemon for py3.  wadllib for python 3.  testing storm package for oneiric.  django/oops consulting.  DM application work.  updated udd docs in the upg.  giving a class on udd later today.  done.16:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922721 in pykde4 (Ubuntu) "python-qt4 applications crash since 4.9-2ubuntu2" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92272116:11
cjwatsonoh, sorry, I haven't progressed on oauth for py3 :(16:11
barrycjwatson: me neither :(16:11
bdmurraytriage of http://launchpad.net/bugs/922884 - not bugpatternable16:11
bdmurraytriage of http://launchpad.net/bugs/922042 - wrote a bug pattern16:11
bdmurraytriage of iso-testing bug reports16:11
ubottuUbuntu bug 922640 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "duplicate for #922884 Precise Pangolin Installer crashed with: Error: `/etc/resolv.conf` and `/target/etc/resolv.conf` are the same file" [High,Fix released]16:11
ubottuUbuntu bug 922042 in DOLFIN "matrix-free PETScKrylovMatrix works in 1.0, but is broken in fenics-dev" [Undecided,Confirmed]16:12
bdmurraymerge bug patterns from Vadim Rutkovsky16:12
bdmurraymodifications to prebuild.sh for update-manager16:12
bdmurrayupload of update-manager with new apport hook16:12
bdmurrayinvestigation into wubi bug 922330 (wubi from 11.10 installing 12.04)16:12
bdmurraypush of recent package bug tasks to qa.ubuntu.com (http://bit.ly/wC8FJI)16:12
bdmurraypatch pilot16:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922330 in Wubi "Wubi.exe from 11.10 disc installs 12.04 snapshot." [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92233016:12
jodhbarry: erc?16:13
barryjodh: yep16:13
bdmurrayend of transmission block - I think16:13
jodhbarry: thanks. I'll give it a try.16:13
slangasekjodh: so... what *is* the cause for bug #922754? :)16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922754 in upstart (Ubuntu) "booting without --no-log causes init and plymouth-upstart-bridge to spin at 100%" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92275416:14
barryjodh: try it with bip.  ping me if you want some config stuff16:14
slangasekhmph, I got skipped16:14
slangasek * isolated a reproducer for upstart bug #92275416:14
slangasek * uploaded mvo's apt merge from experimental, fixing various upgrade+multiarch bugs16:14
slangasek * worked on getting resolvconf into shape (bug #922491)16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922491 in resolvconf (Ubuntu Precise) "lucid to precise server upgrade: resolvconf failed to upgrade: cp cannot create regular file `/run/resolvconf/resolv.conf': No such file or directory" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92249116:14
slangasek * looking into whether we can support cross-grades from i386 to amd64 for 12.0416:14
slangasek * in charge of crank-turning for alpha-2 this week16:14
slangasek * interviews16:14
cjwatsonre bug 922330, it's time-machine territory now, but I wonder if we should make wubi put its version in HTTP headers so that we at least theoretically might have some way to fix this kind of thing in future ...16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922330 in Wubi "Wubi.exe from 11.10 disc installs 12.04 snapshot." [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92233016:15
doko_- more gcc-4.7 fixes and packaging updates16:15
doko_- eglibc updates, the dlopen crash in gdk-pixbug-loaders on amd64 is fixed16:15
doko_- really export the sunrpc symbols in libc616:15
doko_- prepared and started the test precise test rebuild16:15
doko_- catch up on MIR's16:15
jodhslangasek: weeeeell. took a lot of work to find it. we were closing the fds correctly, *but* the fd number persisted in an nih watch such that when nih looked for fd activity, it saw the (now invalid) fd and returned EBADF. repeatedly :)16:16
bdmurraycjwatson: I dont' know how people find wubi but putting a new wubi.exe at http://people.canonical.com/~evand/wubi/oneiric/ might help16:16
cjwatsonbdmurray: the bug reports that it came off the CD image16:16
slangasekjodh: doh... :)16:17
bdmurraycjwatson: okay, yes but I tested it by just downloading 245.exe16:17
cjwatsonalthough I agree that a build of r247 there wouldn't go amiss - ev?  I'm surprised we didn't have one there actually16:17
evI think we didn't put a newer build on the CD because it was determined that they wouldn't be using the download a compressed disk image path when running off the CD16:18
evas this was an 11th hour release thing16:18
evif memory serves16:18
evso the bug, as I've just commented in the report, is that it's going down the download path at all16:18
cjwatsonev: ok, but I wonder how we were expecting them to get it off the website if you didn't publish a build16:18
cjwatsonit was all a rush that morning16:19
evI'm confused. Why would we be expecting them to get it off the website?16:20
bdmurrayIsn't that where http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer takes you?16:21
cjwatsonwell, it sends you to a wubi.exe from a mirror of releases.ubuntu.com I think, but the executable does need to come from somewhere16:21
cjwatsonand the source for that is ev's people.c.c directory16:22
cjwatsonso, yes, I think anyone going through the website path is broken right now16:23
evfor 12.0416:24
evnot for 11.10, unless I'm missing some part of this conversation16:24
bdmurrayno, for 11.1016:24
cjwatsonwhat he said16:24
slangasekI've lost the thread here; that bug is about a wubi copied off of a CD, I thought?16:24
cjwatsonthe problem is that 11.10's wubi.exe uses a URL for the disk image which now refers to a daily build of precise16:25
cjwatsonwe cannot fix this for wubi copied off CDs, but the same problem currently goes for people downloading it from the redirect on www.ubuntu.com (which I think is for 11.10)16:25
evin that version16:25
bdmurrayand the wubi.exe on the cd is the same as the one you download at ubuntu.com...windows-installer16:25
evbut I could've sworn that we published a later version on the website...16:26
cjwatsonev: so could I, but I can't see how we would have done without there being a build in your people.c.c directory16:26
bdmurrayI checked the md5sum of wubi.exe at http://releases.ubuntu.com/oneiric/ and it was rev 24516:26
cjwatsonyes, I just did as well16:27
cjwatsonmatches wubi-r245-signed.exe16:27
cjwatsonso I think we need a new build, get it signed, get it tested, push to releases.u.c/oneiric/16:27
slangasekev: can you take care of that?16:28
evyup, on it16:28
slangasekthere's another wubi bug that turned up in milestone testing which I suspect comes down to the same thing16:29
slangasekbug #92475216:29
ubottuLaunchpad bug 924752 in Wubi "wubi r255 - Ubuntu Desktop failed to install from disk image - wrong download url" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92475216:29
cjwatsonno, not quite, I asked ev about that16:29
evyup, I'm committing a fix for that in about 25 seconds16:29
slangasekah, ok :)16:29
cjwatsonactually does that mean r247 wouldn't work for oneiric either?16:30
slangaseksegging into the next topic...16:30
cjwatsonmaybe we do need the same fix there, since it was a failure to fall back to diskimage216:30
slangasek[TOPIC] Alpha-216:31
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Alpha-2
slangaseksince I'm minding the crank for this one, if you have any bugs that you think are milestone critical, please let me know :)16:32
slangasekthere was a casper upload for a preseed issue (thanks, cjwatson)16:32
slangasekand it would be good to have a fixed wubi in - sounds like that's on track16:33
slangasekany other landmines in the alpha prep?16:33
evnew wubi is up16:33
cjwatsonslangasek: wonder if we should release-note something about amd64 upgrades (cf. -devel)16:34
slangasekcjwatson, ev: did Israel get sorted?16:34
cjwatsonI -> beta-1'ed that16:34
slangasekdo you think that warrants a release note too?16:35
cjwatsonprobably, to stave off pitchforkage16:35
cjwatsonev: (wubi branch doesn't seem up to date though)16:35
slangasekcjwatson: sorry, was that -devel or #-devel for the context?16:36
slangasekon amd64 upgrades16:36
cjwatsonev: aha, yes16:37
cjwatsonslangasek: both :-)  the list has more exposition though16:37
cjwatsonbut briefly any oneiric amd64 system with ia32-libs needs some work to be upgradeable cleanly to precise16:38
cjwatsonat least afaics16:38
slangasekcjwatson: oh right, the date changed so I'm looking in the wrong archive yay16:38
cjwatsonI think it is fixable but not before tomorrow16:38
slangasekyes, I agree that sounds like it should be release noted16:38
slangasekwhat's our recommendation there?16:39
slangasekfor users trying to upgrade, I mean16:39
cjwatsoninstall apt first, if possible16:39
cjwatson(from precise)16:40
cjwatsonthat strategy worked for RAOF's system16:40
slangasekwhich is stepping pretty far outside of the update-manager workflow.  Do we want to give them a pointer in the release notes to the launchpad page for a direct download from the librarian?16:40
slangasekor do we assume "if you're running 64-bit and upgrading to an alpha, you can figure it out" :)16:40
cjwatsonwell, the list thread was about fixing the update-manager workflow :)  I don't know that it has to be polished for a milestone16:41
cjwatsonit wouldn't just be a single download since you need new libapt-pkg as well16:41
cjwatsonwe could publish a python-apt program that did it ... but well, not sure it's worth it16:41
slangasekcjwatson: can you take the action to get this release-noted in some fashion?16:41
slangasek[ACTION] cjwatson to release-note the ia32-libs o->p upgrade issue16:42
meetingologyACTION: cjwatson to release-note the ia32-libs o->p upgrade issue16:42
slangasekanything else we're worried about for a2?16:42
slangasekif not, we can look a little farther ahead...16:42
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugs16:43
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugs
bdmurraywell we talked about bug 922330 already16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922330 in Wubi "Wubi.exe from 11.10 disc installs 12.04 snapshot." [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92233016:43
* slangasek nods16:43
evcould someone lean on the security team to look at bug 913694 for me?16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 913694 in whoopsie-daisy (Ubuntu) "[MIR] whoopsie-daisy" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91369416:43
jdstrandev: it is on my list for this week16:44
evjdstrand: yay!16:44
bdmurrayI ran acrss bug 550717 recently16:44
ubottuLaunchpad bug 550717 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "[Lucid] two accessiblity related bug with Ubiquity, with easy to fix" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55071716:44
slangasekdoko_: btw, where are we with java-access-bridge switching off of at-spi?  the task is assigned to TheMuso and targeted to a2, but it looks like desktop team thinks the remaining changes needed are in openjdk-6?16:45
* cjwatson giggles manically at "accessibility" and "easy" in the same sentence16:45
slangasekas easy as 1, 2, shift+ctrl+meta+backtick16:46
doko_slangasek, not yet there, have committed it, but it crashes, need to look at it16:46
slangasekdoko_: alrighty16:46
cjwatsonI think half of that bug is probably fixed and the other half of the suggested change isn't something we'd be prepared to do16:47
cjwatsonI'll look into it and leave a comment16:47
bdmurrayokay thanks16:47
bdmurrayThen bug 852181 isn't about one of our packages, I think, but is easily confused for one16:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 852181 in indicator-session (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Wrong indication again about updates" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85218116:48
bdmurrayIts about apt watcher in indicator session16:48
slangaseksomewhere between update-notifier and indicator-session, I guess16:50
slangasekbdmurray: given that I don't think any of us have the spare bandwidth to dive into indicator-session to fix it, not sure what else we can do there?16:52
bdmurrayI'll see if there are more duplicates about that bug hiding in update-notifier or update-manager to see if there are lots16:53
slangasekmakes sense16:53
bdmurrayOkay, that's that then16:53
* slangasek adds a tag to the bug too ;)16:53
slangasekbdmurray: ok, thanks!16:53
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB16:53
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekanything else?16:53
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb  1 16:54:28 2012 UTC.16:54
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-01-16.04.moin.txt16:54
doko_is now running16:54
slangasekaha, there was something else :P16:54
doko_and ...16:54
slangasekdoko_: cool - how do the results look so far?16:54
doko_please give the eglibc 2.15 packages a try16:54
slangasekand thanks all :)16:54
doko_slangasek, good, just needed to extend the rpclib reversal16:55
slangasekI guess we need to tackle that for 12.10, don't we16:55
doko_I'm planning the upload for next Tuesday16:56
slangasek... which means I should get my pam package repo regrafted onto the new upstream git one of these days so I can package new upstream releases without crying16:56
slangasekdoko_: is there a threshold of feedback you're looking for before uploading?16:56
slangasekmaybe you can ask the qa team to help exercise it?16:57
doko_I'll ask on distro and ubuntu-devel16:58
doko_but for now pitti and smoser are running it without issues16:59
smoseri had to remove it. but likely unrelated issues.17:00
doko_you don"t?17:00
smoseri'm sorry for being so unhelpful, doku_17:00
balloonshello everyone17:07
balloonslet's get started.. sorry for being a bit late :-)17:07
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb  1 17:08:50 2012 UTC.  The chair is balloons. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.17:08
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired17:08
balloonsme and my dashes in commands.. whew17:09
balloonsok, it's been quite a week for everyone and I know your busy so I will try and keep this short.17:09
balloons[TOPIC] Previous Actions17:09
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Previous Actions
balloonswe have 3 outstanding actions.. gema, myself and alourie17:09
balloonsLet's start with "gema and balloons to provide feedback from mozilla caseconductor meeting"17:10
balloonsgema, feel free to chome in after myself.. Gema and I met with the case conductor folks on friday.17:11
gemawill do17:11
balloonsWe talked about the list of requirements we need for case conductor to support our testing. In particular, we noted we are testing groups of applications, not a single application, and in addition we needed to define tests at an application level, but define test runs and cycles at a higher level17:12
albrighaI'm present btw.17:12
balloonsgema, I believe that list of requirements was decided on by the list in dec, correct?17:13
balloonsgreat, so if you haven't seen, go look at the list archives. I'll try and find a link in a min as well17:14
balloonsThe case conductor folks seemed excitied we would be using the product and wanted to make the changes so the tool would be generic enough for others like ourselves to use17:14
balloonsour other concern was reporting, which they also mentioned they would be beefing up17:15
balloonsoverall I think it went well, and we committed to following up with them to help eliminate the confusion surrounding our requests. It wasn't easy for them to get the concept of so many apps and different flavors of ubuntu :-)17:16
balloonsIn addition, a charm has been created for case conductor, and sometime soon I trust we will have the new version running as a test for everyone to try out17:17
balloonsShould happen sometime this month17:17
* balloons crosses fingers17:17
balloonsthat's it for me on that.. gema?17:18
gemanothing to add, you did a good summary17:18
balloonshere is the link to the archive thread btw: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-qa/2011-December/001805.html17:18
balloonsok, doesn't look like alourie is present, so we will move his action out again17:19
balloonsACTION:alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion17:19
balloons[ACTION]:alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion17:19
meetingologyACTION: :alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion17:19
gemaballoons: maybe we should talk to alourie and if he cannot progress this action, have someone else modify the wiki17:19
gemain the meantime17:19
balloonsyes, I agree.17:20
balloonslast action ACTION: balloons to continue test case review and provide updates on progress17:20
balloonsI can update and say that we got all of the nautilus test cases reviewed and in the wiki.. In addition, more have been written and are awaiting entrance to the wiki. We made some good progress17:21
balloonsI will note that case conductor will allow us to export our test cases and import them into case conductor when the time comes, so we will not be having to do rework17:22
balloonsThat also came out of speaking with the cc folks17:23
balloonsok, let's move on17:24
balloonsdoes anyone have anything to add to the agenda? I'll call on you at the end if so17:24
balloonsok.. nice and short then :-)17:25
balloons[TOPIC] Ubuntu Flavor Updates17:25
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Flavor Updates
balloonslet's start with kubuntu.. anything to update us on?17:25
ScottKNothing I'm aware of.17:26
balloonsok, thank you17:26
ScottKDarkwing: You got anything?17:26
ScottKI guess not.17:27
balloons:-).. I know charlie-tca is here.. let's move on to xubuntu.. any updates?17:27
charlie-tcaI am running out of time to get alpha2 images tested17:28
balloonsyes.. time is flying by this week!17:28
charlie-tcaI don' t see any real showstoppers, but I don't know if we can get them done in time. Respins are just starting now17:29
charlie-tcaWe are looking good other than that.17:29
balloons:-) hang tough..17:29
balloonsastraljava, ubuntu-studio updates? how are you doing on alpha2 images?17:30
astraljavaWe are doing them, but at least for me, they're not looking too hot.17:30
astraljavaI'm in the process of filing bugs ATM.17:30
astraljavaWe're debating on whether we need a respin or not.17:30
astraljava...cause we're missing lightdm-greeter session handling in -default-settings.17:31
astraljavaBut at least we're getting there. :)17:31
balloons:-) good luck and thanks! better to have found the bugs now before beta :-)17:31
astraljavaExactly. :)17:31
balloonsphilw, i believe your around here as wel.. lubuntu updates?17:32
balloonsI saw the mailing list post.. did you get any feedback on it/17:32
phillwwe still have an issue with https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-meta/+bug/91840117:32
ubottuUbuntu bug 918401 in unity-greeter (Ubuntu) "Unity-greeter installed by default on Lubuntu, crashing on start" [Undecided,Confirmed]17:32
phillwno reply for a Mac tester, I'm going to ask on the main forum.17:33
balloonsphillw, sadly (well happily for me but :-) ) I no longer have a macbook17:33
phillwnothing else to report.17:34
balloonsthanks phillw -- if anyone has access to a mac and a dvd reader on said machine, get in contact with philw.. he needs help testing a lubuntu iso17:34
balloonsstgraber, highvoltage : how about edubuntu?17:35
balloonsok.. moving on to last topic17:36
highvoltageballoons: I've been doing ISO tests for edubuntu today, new spins coming up soon17:36
highvoltageballoons: last night we had a good UDW session, otherwise all our other stuff is in the ubuntu-release updates17:36
balloonshighvoltage, great to hear117:37
balloonsno breaking issues then?17:37
balloonsok, now we'll move on ;-)17:38
balloons[TOPIC] Other topics17:38
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Other topics
balloonsgema, or jibel could you give a quick update on iso testing?17:38
balloonsfrom ubuntu side of the fence17:38
jibelwe are currently testing Precise Alpha2 for those who missed the  post to the ML17:39
jibelBugs already found http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/defects/opened17:40
jibelall the Ubuntu images are being respun and should be available in the next hours17:40
jibelso stay tuned on #ubuntu-testing17:40
balloonsthank you jibel :-)17:41
jibelamd+mac to completely uncovered17:41
jibelif you have a mac and can test Precise on it that'd be greatly appreciated17:41
balloonsohh I see.. http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/206/builds17:42
jibelif you don't have a mac you can help with other images as they appear on the tracker.17:42
jibeland if you run Windows17:42
jibelyou can help testing Wubi!17:42
balloonsgreat, one last call for additional topics?17:43
balloonslast chance.. :-)17:43
balloonsok, sounds good. Happy testing to everyone and good luck on alpha 2!17:44
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb  1 17:44:22 2012 UTC.17:44
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-01-17.08.moin.txt17:44
njingood luck17:44
charlie-tcaThanks for chairing, balloons17:44
jibelthanks balloons17:44
njinthanks ballons17:44
balloonsyvw.. you guys are great to chair for17:44
bdmurrayIts time for the bugsquad meeting18:01
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb  1 18:01:31 2012 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:01
bdmurray#topic Previous Actions18:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Previous Actions
bdmurrayWe have one action from the last meeting18:02
bdmurrayACTION: create a list of apport-crash bugs with "DBus.Error.NoReply" in the title with bug information regarding status, importance, number of dupes and users affected: bdmurray18:02
bdmurrayI haven't had a chance to finish this but I've started a search now18:02
bdmurray#topic Engineering Team Bug Status18:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Engineering Team Bug Status
bdmurrayThe foundations team is working on a fix for bug 92233018:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 922330 in Wubi "Wubi.exe from 11.10 disc installs 12.04 snapshot." [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92233018:04
bdmurrayWhile it won't be available on the CD it'll fix the issue for people just using wubi.exe18:05
bdmurrayI've uploaded a new version of update-manager for precise that'll fix an issue with attachments that I may have mentioned last week18:06
bdmurrayOtherwise we are busy with alpha 2 bugs ;-)18:06
bdmurrayjsalisbury: do you have anything?18:07
bdmurrayUrsinha: do you have anything for the meeting?18:09
jsalisburybdmurray, no new updates from me.18:10
bdmurrayjsalisbury: kerneloops is working out okay?18:11
jsalisburybdmurray, yes indeed.  Adding plenty more work to ;-)18:11
jsalisburybdmurray, its help identify a few bugs so far.18:11
bdmurrayjsalisbury: you might think about when you want to turn it off too18:13
jsalisburybdmurray, yes, good to keep in mind.  I'll check with the kernel team.18:13
bdmurrayokay moving on18:13
bdmurray#topic Bug Escalations (any High or Critical bugs that community members have seen that need attention)18:13
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bug Escalations (any High or Critical bugs that community members have seen that need attention)
bdmurrayAre there any bugs taht need looking at / review?18:14
bdmurrayHigh or critical type ones that is18:14
bdmurray#topic Other Topics18:17
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Other Topics
bdmurraybkerensa: do you have anything?18:17
bkerensabdmurray: I was hoping someone might have a look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/902479 hopefully before we reach release18:18
ubottuUbuntu bug 902479 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "LiveCD Installer Progress/Details Expander Does Not Show Progress" [Undecided,Confirmed]18:18
bkerensaThis bug has been present as far as I can recall since perhaps 11.0418:18
bdmurraybkerensa: I've been meaning to test that, thanks for bringing it up18:19
bkerensaIt isn't a terribly bad bug but if a install stalls it could help for troubleshooting purposes to see where its stalling18:19
bdmurraybkerensa: okay, I'll have a look at it this week18:21
bdmurrayOh there are quite a few merge proposals for the bug patterns bzr branch if anyone wants to help review them18:23
bkerensabdmurray: I plan on re-applying for control in the coming weeks so I can do a little more then triage18:23
bdmurray^ there is a link18:24
bdmurraybkerensa: great!18:24
bdmurrayokay thanks everyone18:25
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb  1 18:25:22 2012 UTC.18:25
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-01-18.01.moin.txt18:25
Ursinhaunity, y u no showing notifications!?18:26
=== ashams_ is now known as ashams
phillw@startmeeting Lubuntu Team Meeting20:02
meetingologyphillw: Error: "startmeeting" is not a valid command.20:02
benonsoftwarephillw: Its # :P20:02
phillw#startmeeting Lubuntu Team Meeting20:02
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb  1 20:02:38 2012 UTC.  The chair is phillw. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.20:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired20:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic:
amjjawadeasy on him guys20:02
michaelrawsonpoor phill.20:02
phillwhi folks!20:03
moergaesMörgæs o/20:03
amjjawadHi :)20:03
rafaellagunahi :)20:03
wxlhi not-gilir20:03
phillw#topic previous actions20:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: previous actions
phillwAs Julien is niot here, I'll carry his action over to the next meeting20:04
phillw#topic update from QA20:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: update from QA
wxlwas that the unity/lightdm bug?20:04
phillwThe bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-meta/+bug/918401 is still there and I have just seen the mailing list suggest things may have gotten worse.20:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 918401 in unity-greeter (Ubuntu) "Unity-greeter installed by default on Lubuntu, crashing on start" [Undecided,Confirmed]20:05
amjjawadphillw: r u talking about my email?20:05
phillwthe one suggesting 100MB of unity updates have appeared.20:06
wxlyeah, ok, bummer that we can't deal with that asap as this new unity issue in alpha 2 is probably going to end up revealing that bug is still there20:06
wxli.e. i don't think they're related bugs-- but two really nasty ones20:06
rafaellagunaso it's a dependency bug20:06
wxlbut i guess that's neither here nor there20:06
michaelrawsonAre dep bugs hard to fix?20:06
amjjawadare we talking about this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=191853420:07
michaelrawsonBecause the only way I see is tracing the train of deps until we find one that references unity.20:07
wxlamjjawad: yes20:07
jmarsden|workGuys, the topci is "Update from QA" -- let Phill provide the update :)20:07
amjjawadwxl: thanks :)20:07
rafaellagunaremember that we're going gtk-greeter20:07
icerootmichaelrawson: aptitude why unity20:08
phillwThere were two builds today, I've got the newer one & will trying it later.20:08
michaelrawsonthanks iceroot!20:08
wxli looked for alpha 2 last night and couldn't find it. where is the iso?20:08
phillwthe a2 has not been released yet. We're still on daily build.20:09
wxlphillw: thx20:09
amjjawadthis is what I told the guys on that thread but looks like they insited :/20:09
amjjawadanyway, so updates from QA?20:09
phillwWe still got a bug, and possibly another one has landed. I'll update the bug report, the testing system for QA of isos is progressing. Not much else from the QA team.20:11
phillw#topic Update from IRC OPs20:11
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: Update from IRC OPs
phillwUnit193: is there an update about IRC OPs?20:12
Unit193Seems not everyone is in the two new channels, but that coudl be because they haven't been online20:13
Unit193Not two new Lubu, just for OPs20:13
wxlnew channels just for ops you mean?20:14
Unit193Well there's one20:14
Unit193Myrtti: Anything I'm missing?20:14
wxlUnit193: you said two? and one? um?20:14
Unit193wxl: Two new channels for the OPs, but there's one other OP that spoke20:15
Myrttiwell the transition seems to be going well atleast from my viewpoint, we might want to discuss the duplicity of the launchpad groups20:15
Unit193Right, one was setup before, and had an easy way to contact other than IRC20:16
Unit193From this side it's hit a few bumbs20:16
MyrttiI'm new to Lubuntu but old to the IRC ops operations so I can help in some regards - don't plan to push my agenda or viewpoints to anyone, I'm here just for fun and giggles20:16
phillwUnit193: do you want to remove the listing we had before we were adopted?20:18
Unit193We'll see if it's of any use20:18
MyrttiI'd suggest no decisions on that is made yet, the issue hasn't been prepared enough to decide either way20:19
phillwokies, anything else to report?20:19
phillw#topic Update from comms team20:20
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: Update from comms team
phillwIt has been decided to not go ahead with the interviews with muktah owing to negative comments about their level of professionalism.20:20
phillwWe'll get something re-scheduled and put onto ubuntu.net20:21
amjjawadphillw: so it's final?20:21
amjjawadnothing with them whatsoever?20:21
amjjawadok :)20:22
phillw#topic Update from Support20:22
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: Update from Support
phillwamjjawad: ?20:22
amjjawadOk, I already reported that bug about Unity on the mailing list20:22
amjjawadeveryone is informed now :)20:22
amjjawadanother thing is, I have started to recruit new members to my team (support team). Those members are known to be very active on the forum with many years of experience20:23
amjjawadone of them has already joined today and I'm still looking for more20:23
rafaellagunathat sounds great!20:23
phillwexcellent :)20:23
amjjawadOne thing I don't understand ... why we keep waiting for some action from UBT?20:24
amjjawadI mean, can't we make our own beginner team but yet part of them somehow? I see no progress from them for months now??!!20:24
phillwamjjawad: I understand their draft structure will be out before the end of this month.20:25
amjjawadbut we've been heard that many times now?20:25
phillwI had not.20:25
amjjawadpoint is, I can be a mentor for Lubuntu beginners users20:25
phillwBut I'm chatting to the guy writing it :)20:25
amjjawadonly Lubuntu20:25
amjjawadI care about Lubuntu the most as all of u know20:26
phillwamjjawad: which will possibly be a Focus Group.20:26
amjjawadwhy not :)20:26
amjjawadI've been very sick lately and my recovery is really slow. Once I'm fully recovered, I'll start to write a full guide for beginner20:27
amjjawadthen I'll help StephenSmally to write some Docs about LSC :)20:27
phillwamjjawad: take your time & get better. Poorly people are not as efficient as well people!20:27
amjjawadoh, and wxl has created a group for Lubuntu and both of us are taking care of it https://www.facebook.com/groups/lubuntu.official/20:27
StephenSmallyOk, i figured out i had to help you, not the reverse XD20:28
amjjawadphillw: I can't stay clam, u know me  :P20:28
michaelrawsonStephenSmally: it's the only way with AJ. :P20:28
phillwokay, Chris is running late this week, so we'll move onto StephenSmally20:29
amjjawadStephenSmally: yes yes sure :D20:29
wxleveryone should join the group20:29
StephenSmallyHere i go20:29
phillw#topic LXLauncher20:29
wxlit's called "LUBUNTU OFFICIAL"20:29
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: LXLauncher
wxlso it is THE ONE20:29
StephenSmallywxl: i'm joining now20:29
StephenSmallyWell LxLauncher20:29
StephenSmallyas you probably have seen on the Mailing List, i'm working on a rewrite of LxLauncher20:30
StephenSmallyto give you an idea, here a screenshot (two min ago) of lxlauncher (the rewrite) themed with css20:30
michaelrawsonnow that's cool.20:30
michaelrawsonbut why the gaps?20:30
StephenSmallyBecause are category-sorted20:31
michaelrawsonahah. :)20:31
StephenSmallyon the right you see the categories (needs some separators), and on the right the apps20:31
StephenSmallyin this screenshot is themed a little like gnome shell20:31
StephenSmallybut every theme is possible, since is just gtk theming20:32
rafaellagunaeven icon sizes and transparency?20:32
StephenSmallyrafaellaguna is better at this ;-)20:32
StephenSmallymmm no20:32
amjjawadStephenSmally: quick Q20:32
StephenSmallythe icon size and the number of columns are configured by a desktop file20:33
amjjawadLXLauncher will work like Unity Menu or something similar?20:33
StephenSmallycan you explain better?20:33
rafaellagunaanyway, it's configurable someway20:33
amjjawadI couldn't follow the emails coz I was sick20:33
michaelrawsonphillw: lol, I thought somebody would say that.20:33
amjjawadso LxLauncher ... why it looks like Unity menu?20:33
StephenSmallyrafaellaguna: you can configure the columns number, the theme and the icon size20:34
StephenSmallyamjjawad: because now is themed like the unity menu ;-)20:34
StephenSmallywe can theme as we want20:34
amjjawadI'll send you later and discuss about that20:34
amjjawadkeep the meeting going :)20:34
StephenSmallyAnyway, it won't be ready for Precise, so we have all the time to speak about and so on20:35
rafaellagunaonce knowing the css/gtk bases, everything will run20:35
rafaellagunathere was no intention of removing current LxLauncher20:35
amjjawadgood so we have time, phew :D20:35
rafaellagunauntil replacing with this20:36
StephenSmallyonly if we (the community) think is better than the current lxlauncher we will replace it20:36
rafaellagunaof course20:36
phillwStephenSmally: thanks.20:37
rafaellagunabut I'd like to get rid off that annoying GTK2 and dependant libraries from the distro20:37
rafaellagunait will be cleaner for devs and for designers :)20:37
amjjawadHola MrChrisDruif :)20:38
MrChrisDruifAt what topic are we?20:38
michaelrawsonmk. II20:38
phillwMrChrisDruif: just about at yours, I made you next20:38
phillw#topic Update from Docs / Wiki20:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: Update from Docs / Wiki
* MrChrisDruif first grabs food20:39
StephenSmallyanyway, it act in way similar to unity20:39
StephenSmallybut is not a shell20:39
StephenSmallyis always in background (omnipresent)20:39
StephenSmallyand if you want launch an app, just click on.20:39
StephenSmallyjust think at it like the current lxlauncher, and how it act in the current Lubuntu netbook session20:39
StephenSmallymy rewrite is thinked also for tablet (in the current lxlauncher is impossible change tab with finger)20:39
StephenSmallyanyway, for comparision20:39
StephenSmallycurrent lxlauncher: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/images/5/5c/LXlauncher.png20:39
rafaellagunamy personal headache20:40
MrChrisDruifIs the previous topic done? Whatever it was?20:40
phillwMrChrisDruif: I think so, I didn't realise StephenSmally was writing!20:41
StephenSmallyrafaellaguna: agree20:41
MrChrisDruifStephenSmally; done?20:41
StephenSmallydone ;-)20:41
MrChrisDruifAnyhow, work has started on some level with the wiki20:42
MrChrisDruifMy friend and current chair phillw began setting up some pages to practice with the #divert tag20:43
MrChrisDruifWhen he's done with that he'll also write some docs on how to use that, thanks already for what you've done phillw20:43
amjjawadI'm updating some pages every time I find myself ree20:44
amjjawadhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs << today I updated this page20:45
MrChrisDruifSecondly on the help pages we've got a FAQ section. which now is divided into Guides and Workarounds, which is not a good divider if you ask me20:45
amjjawadand I'm sure phillw and MrChrisDruif know about the issue I mentioned earlier :)20:45
MrChrisDruifI notice sometimes amjjawad20:45
MrChrisDruifAbout the duplicity amjjawad ?20:46
amjjawad+1 I don't like the current FAQ layout20:46
amjjawadMrChrisDruif: yes20:46
amjjawadI sent many emails today and I'm totally lost now :/ I did not get replies yet!20:46
MrChrisDruifOne suggestion is replacing it with a indication level to the experience a user would require to use them20:47
MrChrisDruifamjjawad; I had to work today, having dinner as we speak20:47
amjjawadMrChrisDruif: are we talking about FAQ now?20:47
amjjawadMrChrisDruif: whenever you are free, ping me on Gtalk20:47
amjjawadwe need to talk :)20:48
* MrChrisDruif lost track of mind20:48
amjjawadso we talk discuss other stuff on the meeting as our time is tight20:48
phillw(20:47:06) MrChrisDruif: One suggestion is replacing it with a indication level to the experience a user would require to use them20:48
Unit193We also need to not sandbox out wiki from the rest20:48
rafaellagunasorry guys, need to go. as always, it was a pleasure20:49
amjjawadcya rafaellaguna ;)20:49
michaelrawsonbye rafael20:49
phillwtc rafaellaguna20:49
MrChrisDruifAnyhow, I think the most effective way for the docs team is to use the mailing-list20:49
MrChrisDruifI'm not always available for meetings or chats20:49
phillwsounds good :)20:50
amjjawadMrChrisDruif: ok but ...20:50
MrChrisDruifI'll reply to your mails amjjawad20:50
amjjawadsometimes, I get no reply for something important20:50
amjjawadok then :)20:50
amjjawadanything else left for the meeting?20:50
phillw#topic UpDate from Devs?20:51
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: UpDate from Devs?
wxlamjjawad: as i said i've just been busy20:51
phillwAnyone from dev team here?20:51
amjjawadwxl: never mind, I knwo ;)20:51
wxl…but i'm fully behind you :)20:51
gilirphillw, I can finish the meeting with some news20:52
phillwof course!20:52
gilir(and hi guys :))20:52
amjjawadhey :)20:52
gilirsorry for missing the party today :)20:52
MrChrisDruifAloha gilir20:52
moergaesHi there.20:52
wxl(( we should finish the meeting by going back to our first topic!!! )))20:52
gilirspeaking of alpha 2 ...20:53
giliryou probably noticed the "little" problem on alpha 220:53
MrChrisDruifgilir; what is up with the pulling of unity to Lubuntu?20:53
giliron desktop ISO, we have unity installed, it's a bug20:53
amjjawadgilir: yeah?20:53
StephenSmallyi missed something?20:54
amjjawadgreat news :)20:54
wxlwhat of lightdm-gtk-greeter/unity-greeter issue? i pointed out that i still have the problem with a fresh daily.20:54
gilirprobably because we have still unity-greeter, with generate a chain of horrible depends20:54
amjjawadStephenSmally: yes, gilir is here :D20:54
MrChrisDruifSo it's due to unity-greeter?20:55
amjjawadso gilir any time frame when that bug will be fixed? just for everyone's info :)20:55
giliralpha 2 will be rebuilt later tonight, but I fear the desktop ISO will not be good enough20:55
giliramjjawad, problem is, I don't know why we have still it on the ISO20:55
wxlas i said above ^^ i think a major bug still remains20:56
amjjawadgilir: so is that bad news?20:56
amjjawadwxl: yes :(20:56
giliramjjawad, not bad news, we have time to fix it, just not time to fix it for alpha 220:56
MrChrisDruifWould it be a problem for anyone if we prolonged this meeting with about 30 mins?20:56
wxlhey *I* have a question20:56
amjjawadgilir: thanks but are you saying it might be fixed with Beta1 ?20:56
wxlis there any way we can get the ppc daily to NOT be oversized?20:57
phillwbugs at alpha, expected... bugs at beta... bad news.20:57
StephenSmallyno problem MrChrisDruif20:57
giliramjjawad, no, it must be fixed, alpha 2 is still a developpement release20:57
amjjawadphillw: good tip :)20:57
amjjawadgilir: ok thanks :)20:57
gilirdon't be too nervous about it, it's a not a big problem20:57
gilirit's just very visible :)20:58
amjjawadgilir: I'm not but users on the forum are somehow freaked out ... u know :)20:58
wxlamjjawad: reassure them20:58
wxlit's an alpha, we're testing20:58
amjjawadfor me, I'm sure you guys will fix it  :)20:58
gilirwxl, yes, sorry about this, I hope futur daily will be better :/20:58
MrChrisDruifphillw; beta's still contain bugs, it would be bad if they still exist at final20:58
amjjawadYes, will do that20:58
wxlgilir: ok, i just remembered you saying that you didn't have problems with latest daily and so i wanted to be sure i wasn't crazy :D20:59
gilirother news, lubuntu-software-center 0.0.4 should be ready after alpha 221:00
michaelrawsongilir: would I be rigt in thinking that 0.0.4 is in bzr already?21:02
gilirmichaelrawson, yes, just need to check with StephenSmally the steps to release a tarball21:02
StephenSmally(sorry, i'm new at this release stuffs)21:03
gilirStephenSmally, don't worry about this :)21:03
gilirany others questions ?21:03
phillwgilir: wxl had one re: the ppc isos. The macs only have cd drives. so oversize is a serious issue.21:04
gilirah, I didn't know that :/21:05
gilirI'll try to be carefull for the future21:05
gilirphillw, it's all for devs team :)21:06
phillwgilir: as ever, thanks.21:06
phillw#topic any other business.21:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Lubuntu Team Meeting Meeting | Current topic: any other business.
phillwif there's nothing else, we can wrap up. Hopfully gilir will be back as chair next week :)21:07
amjjawadI have sent an email to the Comms team regarding an official feedback channel21:07
amjjawadbut that can wait :)21:07
michaelrawsonnvm, just making sure you noticed AJ21:07
amjjawadnothing urgent21:07
amjjawadmichaelrawson: thanks mate :)21:08
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb  1 21:08:46 2012 UTC.21:08
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-01-20.02.moin.txt21:08
MrChrisDruifThat's all folks?21:08
gilirthanks phillw :)21:08
amjjawadok thanks everyone ... cya soon :)21:09
amjjawadthere is a match to catch up with ;)21:09
michaelrawsonStehpenSmally: can we meet in offtopic, or are you busy?21:09
moergaesSee you all, bye!21:09
michaelrawsonno problem if the latter.21:09
StephenSmallyno problem21:09
MrChrisDruifStephenSmally; #lubuntu-offtopic21:09
StephenSmallyhere we go21:10
michaelrawsonlubuntu-offtopic, or lubuntu-software-center, whatever suits you. :)21:10
michaelrawsonthanks phillw, gilir.21:10
MrChrisDruifmichaelrawson; that's even a channel?21:10
michaelrawsonwhen we frequent it XD21:10
michaelrawsonusually me asking for help.21:10
michaelrawsonkk, bye everyone!21:10
=== huats_ is now known as huats
=== kalosaurusrex is now known as albrigha

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!