=== cyphermox_ is now known as cyphermox
jbichaI wonder why nautilus doesn't like appindicator today...  fatal error: libappindicator/app-indicator.h: No such file or directory04:06
TheMusojbicha: has the header moved?04:40
BigWhaleGood morning ...05:46
=== rye is now known as rtg
=== rtg is now known as rye
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
=== ts2 is now known as tsimpson
GunnarHjpitti: Good morning, Martin!07:06
GunnarHjpitti: Urgent MP: https://code.launchpad.net/~gunnarhj/ubuntu/precise/language-selector/dropped-function/+merge/91770 (language installation broken)07:07
didrocksgood morning07:07
RAOFdidrocks: Good morning!07:14
didrockshey RAOF :)07:14
RAOFHow be you?07:14
* RAOF may also have an ulterior motive; namely https://code.launchpad.net/~raof/gnome-control-center/install-gcm-on-demand/+merge/9176707:14
didrocksRAOF: it's quite cold here, otherwise I'm fine, thanks! :)07:17
RAOFYeah, I hear Europe's under a kilometre of ice these days.07:18
didrocksa kilometre, at least! :)07:18
didrocks(nicely done on g-c-c-!)07:19
didrocksand you, how are you?07:19
RAOFI'm pretty good.07:19
RAOFI'll be better once that g-c-c stuff lands; asynchronous programming in C?  Why did anyone think that was a good idea? :)07:19
didrocksRAOF: do you want it to land today as well?07:21
RAOFI don't really mind if it hits the archive today.07:21
RAOFIt doesn't block anything, it just fixes a bug :)07:22
RAOFActually... maybe I should check if someone's filed a bug that this fixes!07:22
didrocksyeah :)07:23
RAOFSomeone might have noticed that the calibrate button doesn't work :)07:23
RAOFThere we go.  Now with bug-closing goodness.07:29
didrocksawesome, I'll merge it today :)07:31
pittiGood morning07:33
pittiGunnarHj: sorry about that, uploading now07:33
tkamppeterpitti, hi07:33
pittitkamppeter: guten Morgen07:34
tkamppeterpitti, I have updated all patches, removed the upstream-merged ones and added a lot of new ones.07:34
tkamppeterpitti, now I have only a build problem.07:35
didrocksguten morgen pitti07:35
tkamppeterpitti, when Linking commandtoescpx it says07:35
pittihey didrocks07:35
tkamppeterpitti, ../cups/libcups.so: undefined reference to `fmod'07:36
pittitkamppeter: seems like the Makefiles are missing an -lm ?07:36
tkamppeterpitti, yes, when I updated patches I have seen that upstream has pulled a -lm at some place. Will try to edit that patch so that it re-introduces that -lm, after that report an upstream bug.07:37
pittitkamppeter: danke07:38
tkamppeterpitti, it works, that was the actual problem. Now you replace-COMMONLIBS-by--lpthreads patch also explicitly adds -lm, as it seems that upstream has newly added the use of fmod(). The problem is not of upstream, but of your patch. Upstream probably has -lm in COMMONLIBS. So the patch simply needed updating to the state of CUPS 1.5.2. There are no real new dependencies, as libm is a standard library. I will commit this change.07:50
pittitkamppeter: ah, thanks07:52
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone08:04
didrockshey chrisccoulson!08:05
chrisccoulsonhi didrocks, how are you?08:05
didrockschrisccoulson: I'm fine, thanks, and you, how are you?08:06
chrisccoulsondidrocks, yeah, not too bad thanks08:06
tkamppeterpitti, CUPS 1.5.2 is ready for upload to Debian and Ubuntu. Can you upload quickly, as larsu wants to apply a patch to CUPS and so he needs the up-to-date state of the package.08:26
pittitkamppeter: uh, lots of new patches08:27
pittitkamppeter: yes, can do08:27
tkamppeterpitti, thanks.08:28
pittitkamppeter: btw, is there a solution for the texttops problem? do you want to add a simple wrapper filter?08:28
tkamppeterpitti, I think the wrapper filter would be a good idea. It is not included yet, but to the upload anyway so that larsu can do his patch and also several other bugs get fixed.08:29
pittitkamppeter: that would be in cups-filters anyway, not in cups08:29
tkamppeterpitti, this was my thought now, too.08:30
pittiE [07/Feb/2012:08:48:25.231185 +0000] [cups-deviced] PID 28781 (usb) crashed on signal 11!08:48
pittitkamppeter: hmm, I had hoped that the new version would magically fix that crash, but seems it doesn't :/08:48
pittitkamppeter: (since you updated the USB patches)08:49
tkamppeterpitti, was that crash there before?08:49
pittitkamppeter: yes, in the previous version as well08:49
pittiit happens in the test suite08:49
pittihey seb12808:50
seb128pitti, hey pitti, wie gehts?08:50
didrockssalut seb12808:50
pittitkamppeter: uploading now, as that isn't a regression (but at some point we need to fix it)08:50
seb128pitti, it's meeting reminder day!08:50
pittiseb128: oh, thanks!08:50
seb128lut didrocks08:50
tkamppeterpitti, I do not get the crash, as you seem to get it reproducibly, can you investigate it and find out its cause? Thanks.08:50
pittiseb128: udisks2 1.91.0 in PPA FYI08:51
seb128pitti, great08:51
pittitkamppeter: yes, when I run "make check", it has 19 instead of the 18 expected errors, and the extra one is that segfault08:51
tkamppeterpitti, I do not have the segfault as during build there does not happen any apport pop-up.08:52
pittitkamppeter: no, it's not caught by apport as it's a local program, not a system one08:52
pittitkamppeter: argh, messed up the Debian upload; need to wait a bit and upload again (just FYI, no action necessary from you)08:56
=== rye is now known as rtg
=== rtg is now known as rye
ryehi, me again with a weird unity sound indicator behavior when there is no artwork for the music - http://ubuntuone.com/5QOE36HE3Mp1MXTqKkMvP008:59
ryecan somebody check this on their machine / precise, before I submit a bug09:00
jibelrye, bug 92773309:07
ubot2Launchpad bug 927733 in indicator-sound "Mouse on coverart flushes the sound menu" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92773309:07
ryehm, it was kind of completely different to what I was searching on launchpad :)09:08
ryejibel, thank you!09:09
jibelrye, yw09:09
=== seifstrup is now known as seif
didrockssmspillaz: hey, how are you?10:07
slomotjaalton: hey, any news on the patch to add the headers, etc to gst-plugins-bad?10:08
slomotjaalton: i'd like to get it in debian soonish if possible10:08
pittiseb128: so it seems we'll get most of gnome 3.4 after all10:09
seb128pitti, hum, "after all"? we get basically what we decided at UDS10:09
seb128pitti, i.e we avoided gnome-session, gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-control-center, etc10:09
pittiseb128: hm, I thought we'd use gnome 3.2 plus glib/gtk 3.4, plus maybe some control-center backports10:09
seb128we update the platform and standalone applications10:09
pittibut seems I misunderstood10:09
slomotjaalton: as you might've noticed i've uploaded new gstreamer packages to debian/experimental yesterday, would be a good idea to get these into ubuntu too10:10
seb128pitti, oh, well we said we would see how things go but ideally we would update all the libs and standalone softwares (gedit, eog, evince, etc)10:10
Chipacamorning, all. Yesterday morning when I arrived at work I updated and everything was fine. Yesterday evening before leaving I updated again, and now lightdm is all white, and my unity 2d looks like http://ubuntuone.com/3XHDN8BHZNLl66wwmRWdPm ; 3d unity is even worse (no panel, no nothing)10:11
pittiseb128: let's hope nautilus doesn't cause trouble (new gvfs, etc.)10:11
seb128pitti, they didn't get too crazy and they are close of their freeze so I extended a bit for i.e nautilus where the ratio fixes,crazyness was in the fixes favor by far10:11
tjaaltonslomo: yes, on my plate. I'll finish it today10:11
Chipaca(i've updated just now having arrived at work again and things are still the same)10:11
pittiseb128: *nod*10:11
slomotjaalton: thanks :) which part? the patch or getting the new packages in ubuntu?10:11
seb128pitti, shouldn't, they will be feature and ui frozen by their next tarballs and nothing crazy is coming10:11
tjaaltonslomo: the patch at least10:12
seb128tjaalton, will you do the gstreamer0.10 and base syncs? they should be direct syncs I think10:12
tjaaltonseb128: I can do that yes10:13
seb128tjaalton, thanks10:13
slomotjaalton: ok :) for the new packages, this probably makes sense to get into ubuntu because these will most likely be the last gstreamer 0.10 releases (there's new core, base, good, bad, ugly)10:13
tjaaltonslomo: great10:13
tjaaltonslomo: so, my diff has libgstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-dev and the .install file for it. you wanted some shlibs forcing too?10:14
slomotjaalton: yes10:15
Chipacawho should I poke to get this back to a reasonably non-broken state?10:15
slomotjaalton: force it to =${binary:Version} or if you can to >=${binary:Version}, << ${nextUpstreamVersion}10:16
seb128Chipaca, can you pastebin a .xsession-errors from the unity-3d session?10:16
seb128Chipaca, well pastebin, u1 share10:16
seb128Chipaca, whatever suits you to make it available to others ;-)10:16
Chipacaseb128: i've got to turn off lightdm, turn on gdm, and change session from there10:16
Chipacaseb128: still useful?10:16
seb128Chipaca, well your current session will do10:17
Chipacaok, this is unity 2d10:17
seb128let's see what is there to start10:17
Chipacaman, i love it when our stuff just works :)10:18
tjaaltonslomo: ok, so if -dev Depends (= ${binary:Version}), stuff built against it will get the same deps?? kinda confused here, never done this before :)10:18
slomotjaalton: no, you need to pass some parameter to dh_makeshlibs10:20
tjaaltonslomo: ah, ok10:20
slomotjaalton: look at gstreamer0.10's debian/rules for example10:20
slomotjaalton: DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_$(gst_lib)10:21
tjaaltonI'll have a look10:21
slomotjaalton: the -V parameter is what you need10:21
seb128Chipaca, ok, seems like you gdk pixbuf loaders are broken10:21
seb128Chipaca, did you have an upgrade issue10:21
seb128Chipaca, sudo apt-get -f install? does it say everything is ok?10:21
Chipacaseb128: no10:21
Chipacaseb128: sudo apt-get -f install says everything is ok10:22
Chipacarickspencer3: morning!10:22
rickspencer3hi Chipaca10:22
Chipacarickspencer3: ou est-ce bon matin maintenant?10:23
seb128Chipaca, can you run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders and see what it says?10:23
rickspencer3Chipaca, bonjour à vous aussi10:23
seb128rickspencer3, salut10:23
seb128Chipaca, gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders | grep png10:24
Chipacaseb128: http://ubuntuone.com/7JehtyjeMecNl4wCjx0aDN10:24
seb128does that list libpixbufloader-png.so?10:24
Chipacaseb128: a bunch of 'em10:24
seb128Chipaca, hum, that seems correct...10:25
seb128Chipaca, does "eog /usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/assets/scrollbar_handle_vertical.png" work?10:25
Chipacaseb128: no10:26
seb128Chipaca, what does it say?10:26
Chipacaseb128: Unrecognized image file format10:26
seb128Chipaca, what arch is that?10:26
seb128i386 or amd64?10:26
Chipacafeh of the image works fine10:27
Chipacathis probably explains why gnome-screenshot didn't work for taking the above screenshot10:27
Chipacazomg fast imlib2 image viewer i favor :)10:27
seb128well that's what your .xsession-errors says10:27
seb128gnome-session[2192]: Gtk-WARNING: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:1413:73: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/assets/scrollbar_handle_vertical.png'10:27
seb128 10:27
seb128it seems your png loader is borked10:27
seb128ls -lh /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so10:28
seb128Chipaca, ^10:28
Chipaca-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 18K Feb  6 15:23 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so10:28
Chipacashould I reinstall libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 just in case?10:28
seb128not yet10:29
seb128I would like to figure what is wrong before workarounding it10:29
seb128others might hit the same bug10:29
seb128Chipaca, so "gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so" doesn't return an error?10:29
Chipacaseb128: doesn't look like it, looks like info about the loader10:30
seb128Chipaca, what about on /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so10:30
seb128ls -l /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so as well10:30
tjaaltonslomo: with the package revision or just upstream?10:30
Chipaca-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5.5K Jan 25 15:05 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so10:30
Chipacaseb128: also, info about the loader10:31
seb128Chipaca, $ strace eog /usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/assets/scrollbar_handle_vertical.png 2>&1 | grep loaders10:31
seb128well or any png10:31
Chipacaugh, image/vnd.adobe.svg+xml. Hate that mimetype.10:31
seb128I just pick that one because it was in your .xsession-errors10:31
seb128Chipaca, do you have a /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache does it list libpixbufloader-png.so?10:32
Chipacafull trace is at http://ubuntuone.com/0ix5qyokrxTmQNzTO3vg5b10:32
slomotjaalton: ideally it would be -V "libgstreamer-plugins-bad0.10-0 (>= binaryVersion) libgstreamer-plugins-bad0.10-0 (<< nextUpstreamVersion)"10:32
slomotjaalton: you have to calculate/get the versions from somewhere though10:32
tjaaltonslomo: yeah I got it10:32
Chipacaseb128: no actual loaders listed (just the cache -- maybe the cache is busted?)10:33
Chipaca5819  open("/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 810:33
seb128Chipaca, that seems to be it10:33
Chipacathat file is empty10:33
seb128Chipaca, can you "sh -x /var/lib/dpkg/info/libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0\:i386.postinst"10:33
seb128well under sudo10:33
Chipacathat output stuff, and now i have a non-empty cache10:34
seb128ok :-(10:34
seb128Chipaca, I guess eog etc will work now10:34
Chipacaand now eog works10:34
seb128so your cache got screwed for a reason10:34
seb128but the postinst worked so it's not buggy10:34
seb128Chipaca, thanks, I'm not sure how that happened but I will watch for other reports10:34
Chipacait's not really a cache if the system doesn't work without it, is it? :)10:35
Chipaca(but that's a longer conversation, for another day)10:35
seb128well, gtk tend to trust caching too much10:35
seb128i.e they don't go check if the datas are actually accurate10:35
Chipacait's an easy trap to fall into -- we suffer the same thing often :)10:35
seb128Chipaca, well anyway sorry for the issue, your system should be back now10:36
Chipacaseb128: anyway, thank you.10:36
seb128you're welcome!10:36
Chipacaif only getting suspend and xrandr to work again were this straightforward :)10:36
rickspencer3pitti, hey, got a sec?10:38
pittihey rickspencer310:38
rickspencer3I tried your little trick with rasing an import error in /usr/share/pyshared/gi/_gobject/constants.py10:38
rickspencer3but I think I did it wrong10:38
pittirickspencer3: well, basically anything which damages the file will do it, so it's quite hard to get it wrong :)10:39
rickspencer3from gi.repository import Gtk10:39
rickspencer3caused the exception to be thrown :/10:39
pittirickspencer3: whoops -- it's /usr/share/pyshared/gobject/constants.py10:39
pittisorry if I gave you the other path10:40
rickspencer3thanks pitti10:42
rickspencer3basically, desktopcouch :/10:42
* rickspencer3 nukes10:42
tjaaltonslomo: so something like http://paste.ubuntu.com/832447/ ?10:44
seb128RAOF, hey, the new colord in debian, do you plan to sync it? ;-)10:45
slomotjaalton: probably, but there's a debian/control.in ;) does it work as expected?10:45
rickspencer3Chipaca, may I assume that there is no gir for dekstopcouch?10:45
tjaaltonslomo: hah, good point. I'll build test it10:46
Chipacarickspencer3: I think that is a safe assumption10:46
pittigir1.2-desktopcouch-1.0 - Glib-based API for Desktopcouch10:48
pitti^ rickspencer310:48
rickspencer3dang it!10:50
rickspencer3oh well10:50
pittiseb128: hm, gnome-games reintroduced a clutter dependency on arm, causing FTBFS; but I guess jbicha is going to fix it10:53
seb128pitti, I guess so, I can have a look this afternoon if he's not around10:54
RAOFseb128: Yeah, I do plan to sync it, but a couple of days stewing in sid first won't hurt it :)10:55
seb128RAOF, ok ;-)10:55
RAOFI also plan to sync mono; it's bugfixy, and it passes more ARM tests than the current archive version.10:56
* rickspencer3 kicks Gtk + Python11:06
rickspencer3no way to get the xid for a widget in Python?11:06
pittiintrospectability doesn't go that far, I'm afraid11:07
pittiat least not right now11:07
pittirickspencer3: oh, hang on, I mixed that up11:07
rickspencer3pitti, it's okay, I understand11:08
pittirickspencer3: you can get the xid, it's GdkX11.Window.get_xid(), as in C11:08
rickspencer3Gtk doesn't care about me anymore11:08
rickspencer3what the, huh?11:08
* rickspencer3 tries11:08
pittirickspencer3: what doesn't work is using it to set a transient window11:08
pittisorry, it's GdkX11.X11Window.get_xid()11:08
pitti(counterpart to gdk_x11_window_get_xid ())11:09
rickspencer3pitti, how would I do that for a widget?11:09
rickspencer3drawing_area. ???11:09
pittihm, how did you do it before?11:11
pittithere should be a way to get the GdkWindow for a GtkWidget11:11
pittigtk_widget_get_window ()11:11
rickspencer3I can do drawing_area.get_window()11:11
pittiright, so perhaps your_object.get_window().get_xid() ?11:11
rickspencer3tried it11:11
rickspencer3and Google is coming up empty11:11
rickspencer3I get it, Gtk doesn't want me to use it anymore, I can take a hint11:12
Riddellpitti: I'm going out, not sure how long for but I've got exhaustion and need to relax I hope to be around for the team meeting later, please text or phone me if the world explodes11:12
pittiRiddell: ok, but should be fine11:12
rickspencer3I bet if replace the pygame surface with a webkit surface, I'll be able to go faster anyway11:14
rickspencer3I'll just need to implement some collision detection and such11:15
rickspencer3thanks for the help pitti11:15
* rickspencer3 lunch -> exercise11:15
pittiXXXX dialog_bugreport XID 6710886711:20
pitti        print 'XXXX dialog_bugreport XID', self.w('dialog_bugreport').get_window().get_xid()11:20
pittirickspencer3: however, you must do "from gi.repository import GdkX11"11:20
pittirickspencer3: I suppose that's your missing bit11:20
=== rye is now known as rtg
=== rtg is now known as rye
ryehello, i was just asked about whether it is possible to unmap F10 from unity menu. I mapped the menu to F12 but global menu is still being activated and displayed during F10  keypress11:24
rickspencer3pitti, thanks that worked11:25
* rickspencer3 back to lunch ;)11:26
ronocmvo, hey, so by just creating a proxy and watching for the packagekit address the service is not launched. how can i force the package kit dbus interface to come up11:50
smspillazdidrocks: hi11:55
smspillazdidrocks: sorry about the late reply, I was just out for a walk11:55
didrockssmspillaz: no worry at all!11:55
smspillazwhats up ?11:55
didrockssmspillaz: I don't have the compiz commit handy for handling configuration, but I just want to change a key (whatever the previous value was) to a new value11:56
didrockssmspillaz: I remember the file name, but not the syntax11:56
ronocglatzor,  hey, so by just creating a proxy and watching for the packagekit address the service is not launched. how can i force the package kit dbus interface to come up11:59
ronocglatzor, i'm working on the package kit port of the session indicator11:59
ronocfor the even12:04
smspillazdidrocks: its the same as the ini syntax12:05
smspillaz- s0_foo_bar = baz12:05
smspillaz+ s0_foo_bar = frobber12:05
didrockssmspillaz: yeah, but my question was: is it possible to do it, whatever the previous value was?12:05
smspillazdidrocks: oh, sorry yeah it is12:06
smspillazif you just do12:06
smspillaz+s0_foo_bar = baz;12:06
smspillazit will replace the old one unconditionally12:06
didrockssmspillaz: oh that works? awesome :)12:07
didrockssmspillaz: thanks!12:07
didrocksah, and a wiki page now :)12:07
didrocksthanks again smspillaz ;)12:07
smspillazwe've had that for a while, I should link it somewhere12:07
smspillazsure, let me know if you have any troubles12:07
tjaaltonslomo: ok it should be fine now, though I don't see an shlibs file for the dev package in the package..12:10
slomotjaalton: then it's wrong :) it should be in the runtime package though, not the -dev package12:10
tjaaltonslomo: oh ok, yes it has one12:11
slomotjaalton: content?12:11
tjaaltonlibgstbasevideo-0.10 0 gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad12:11
tjaaltonlibgstsignalprocessor-0.10 0 gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad12:11
slomotjaalton: wrong then :)12:11
slomotjaalton: +DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_libgstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-dev += -V "libgstreamer-plugins-bad0.10-0 (>= $(gst_version)) libgstreamer-plugins-bad0.10-0 (<< $(gst_patch_next))"12:12
slomotjaalton: this should be DEB_DH_MAKESHLIBS_ARGS_libgstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-0 or something like that12:12
slomotjaalton: it's not for the -dev package12:12
tjaaltongetting close though, it had all sort of fail in it :)12:13
ronocmvo, I can't test this as I can find a way to bring up the packagkit interface - update-manager is stalling on "waiting for service to start' when i try to do an update12:15
sil2100I never thought it would be so hard to find some people willing to test out that packages - but I finally found one person12:24
seb128didrocks, btw desrt rolled a new dconf tarball yesterday, want to do the update?12:24
seb128sil2100, what packages?12:25
sil2100And it seems indeed the black rectangle artifacts are fglrx related12:25
sil2100seb128: new comiz + unity packages with the new ABI from tarballs from smspillaz12:25
sil2100I asked someone from my team to test it on an nvidia card and those artifacts were not present12:26
sil2100I already reported it to Jay yesterday12:26
seb128sil2100, weird, should be easy enough to find people to test crack packages, I'm surprised nobody on #ubuntu-unity for example stepped up to do it12:26
didrocksseb128: oh? I just cherry-picked the fix and did the tarball12:26
seb128didrocks, he rolled one yesterday evening12:26
didrockssil2100: the question is the same than in my email, did you get those artifact with previous compiz or unity?12:26
sil2100didrocks: no, I didn't12:26
sil2100didrocks: my unity and compiz from upstream (as well as the one with HUD) work correctly12:27
seb128didrocks, I guess it means "yes" you will do the update? ;-)12:27
didrocksseb128: I'm afraid I just worked for nothing :)12:27
didrockshe didn't tag the vcs!12:27
seb128didrocks, blame desrt!12:27
sil2100One problem that I noticed in both my case and the other tester is:12:27
sil2100The panel is transparent ;)12:27
tjaaltonslomo: http://paste.ubuntu.com/832521/12:27
didrockssil2100: so, it means that this should be fixed before we roll out the new update12:27
seb128oh it's not the first time, I had to ping him about that already this cycle12:27
didrockssil2100: or that the workaround is not working anymore12:28
sil2100didrocks: I informed Sam, and he told me to poke Jay - so I did12:28
didrocksseb128: ahah, I totally blame desrt :)12:28
didrockssil2100: can you please file 2 bugs?12:28
seb128didrocks, yeah, me too!12:28
sil2100didrocks: ACK ;)12:28
didrockssil2100: you can tag them <new_vession>_rc1 please :)12:28
didrockssil2100: (against compiz)12:28
didrockssil2100: also, I'm interested, unity is not just a rebuild for the new ABI?12:28
sil2100didrocks: ok, that's what I wanted to ask ;) How should I version those packages12:29
slomotjaalton: almost good... now only put the shared libraries into a different package... libgstreamer-plugins-bad0.10-0 for example. and not in the main plugins package12:29
didrockssil2100: normally, the versionning I pushed on the vcs should be fine12:29
sil2100didrocks: I was using the upstream branch for unity + fix for the ABI you gave me12:29
tjaaltonslomo: alright12:29
didrockssil2100: just on the bug report, use the "rc1" tag :)12:29
didrockssil2100: did you try with current tarball?12:29
didrockssil2100: the 5.2 I pushed to precise12:29
didrocks(just to have one moving ground)12:29
sil2100didrocks: I'll do an update again right now and rebuild, to make sure it happens in the most recent version12:30
sil2100Since I'm not sure if there have been any new commits from Friday12:30
didrockssil2100: so, you used 5.2, isn't it?12:30
didrockssil2100: please, only try with released unity version12:31
didrockswe don't want to mix compiz and unity updates12:31
didrockswe got some issues in the past with that :)12:31
sil2100didrocks: I was using unity from lp:~ubuntu-desktop/unity/ubuntu12:31
didrockssil2100: ok, sounds good! :)12:32
sil2100didrocks: is that the right one? ;)12:32
didrocks+ the additional fix12:32
sil2100Since without the ABI fix, unityshell wasn't working at all12:32
didrocksyeah, that's why I pushed a branch for you12:32
didrocksfor the ABI rebuild :p12:32
didrockssil2100: ok, so…12:32
didrockssil2100: let me repush a branch for 5.212:33
didrocks(remove the previous one12:33
didrockssil2100: you didn't have to change anything from my packaging btw?12:34
sil2100didrocks: no, not really - I just added a new changelog entry so that it mentions the ABI fix12:35
didrockssil2100: wasn't it the case?12:35
didrockssil2100: ok, getting a branch for you, one sec :)12:36
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
didrocks"build-dep on latest compiz-dev and libcompizconfig0-dev for ABI break"12:37
mvoronoc: do you have python-aptdaemon.pkcompat installed?12:38
didrockssil2100: lp:~didrocks/unity/ubuntu-compiz0.9.7 for the unity branch, should be what you need now :)12:39
didrockssil2100: so, to sum up12:39
didrocksplease file those 2 bugs against compiz, tagged 0.9.7-rc112:39
didrocksreply to my email (mentionning it's a regression on ATI) and CC sam, jay and thumper12:39
* didrocks hopes we can get some compiz to test as soon as possible12:40
sil2100So filing them against compiz, not unity, right?12:40
didrockssil2100: sounds ok? ^12:40
didrocksyeah, compiz for now12:40
didrocks(as unity didn't change)12:40
didrocksthen, if it triggers a bug in unity, we will retarget12:40
sil2100Right indeed12:40
didrocksthanks sil2100 :)12:41
sil2100No problem ;) This is all a bit confusing to me still, but now I think I know more or less what's going on12:41
didrockssil2100: heh, do not hesitate to ping me if you have any question :)12:47
didrockssil2100: I hope that we can get a public testing ppa tomorrow12:47
didrocksbut for that, the fglrx issue has to be worked on12:47
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
sil2100didrocks: should I only fill those bug on lp or also on the compiz main bugtracker?13:25
didrockssil2100: no, only on lp right now (there is no more upstream bug tracker)13:25
didrockspgraner: hey, I was wondering if you had any chance to test the unity package in the ppa with the crash fix?13:25
pgranerdidrocks, sure did, it worked13:27
pgranerdidrocks, was just about to ping you13:27
didrockspgraner: ah nice! So I'll push that to precise today :)13:27
didrocksthanks for testing13:27
pgranerdidrocks, no worries13:27
didrockshey cyphermox13:37
cyphermoxhey didrocks13:38
tjaaltonslomo: http://paste.ubuntu.com/832603/13:43
tjaaltonslomo: also http://paste.ubuntu.com/832605/ (don't mind the header..)13:44
slomotjaalton: there's a 0.10 too much in the package name in the shlibs file13:46
tjaaltonah, right13:46
slomotjaalton: the breaks/replaces should be for a fixed version (i.e. the version before the libraries got their own package)13:47
slomotjaalton: the 0.10 in the package name in control.in could be replaced by @GST_API@ or something like that13:48
slomotjaalton: other than that this looks good :)13:48
tjaaltonyeah I'll fix those13:48
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
ronocmvo, now I do :)13:53
ronocmvo, should that not be in the distro by default13:54
mvoronoc: if we use it, then yes :) i.e. when the first dependency gets added to it we will pull it in13:55
ronocmvo, ok cool, let me be the first dependency13:56
tjaaltonslomo: http://paste.ubuntu.com/832617/13:57
ronocmvo, how do i kick this off then, an update through update-manager ?14:00
ronocupdating sources at the moment but no sign of that address on the system bus14:00
tjaaltonslomo: what packages were those that could be synced?14:00
slomotjaalton: i don't know, gstreamer0.10 gst-plugins-{base,good,bad,ugly}0.10 maybe... i think everything except good and bad can be synced, these two need manual merging14:01
slomotjaalton: why do you use GST_DEB_ABI instead of GST_ABI?14:02
mvoronoc: hmmm14:02
tjaaltonslomo: GST_ABI is 0.10, GST_DEB_ABI is 0.10-014:03
ronocmvo, maybe a restart14:03
ronoc ?14:03
tjaaltonslomo: gst_deb_abi=$(gst_abi)-014:04
mvoronoc: meh, given that u-m is not using the compat layer you may well run into that problem that its not firing events in this case on the PK side, only on the aptdaemon side :(14:04
mvoronoc: I will need glatzor to confirm when he is around, but let me poke at the souce a bit14:04
mvoronoc: in what branch is your code?14:04
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
* ronoc fetches branch14:04
tjaaltonslomo: oh, now I notice there's a new patchlevel in -bad.. it'll break the patch14:10
tjaaltonlet me merge it first..14:10
=== dduffey_afk is now known as dduffey
m4n1shdidrocks: https://launchpad.net/activity-log-manager/0.9/0.9.014:23
m4n1shdone with it finally14:23
didrocksm4n1sh: ah thanks! I was wondering if you forgot to push it this morning :)14:23
m4n1shseif wanted to do some changed14:23
m4n1shit was failing to build too14:23
m4n1shplus updating README, a gazillion other files, checking 100 times if all builds are fine14:23
didrocksm4n1sh: ok, thanks! I'll upload it soon :)14:23
seifm4n1sh: i will push some final changes tonight14:24
seifdidrocks: ^14:24
m4n1shseif: will do another release soon14:24
didrocksok :)14:24
m4n1shseif: atleast let people test it14:24
didrockslet's push it that one first!14:24
m4n1shtime is pretty less14:24
m4n1shplus i18n is also left14:24
m4n1shtesting to make sure that it doesnt crash is the most imp thing14:25
m4n1shdidrocks: when uploaded, ping me14:29
m4n1shblog post on the way14:29
didrocksm4n1sh: I'm on other stuff right now, but will try to do it today14:31
m4n1shmail me or ping either14:31
m4n1shmail works better14:31
m4n1shmanishsinha - at- ubuntu14:31
didrockswill do!14:33
didrocksthanks :)14:33
ronocmvo, lp:~cjcurran/indicator-session/migrate-to-new-apt-api/14:35
mvoronoc: thanks, I'm looking over it now and it appears the PK compat layer is not doing any signal emiting if the application that triggered the activity is talking to the aptdaemon API instead of the PK api, that is of course rather suboptimal14:42
ronocmvo, oh that does not help14:43
mvoronoc: yeah, sorry for that - so the requirements are still the same as last cycle, right? react if transaction finished and show reboot required if need and show available updates (if there are any), correct?14:44
ronocmvo, ideally i would like to know / care about if the user is notified about new updates via command line (through apt-get), update manager, software centre ...14:45
ronocmvo, yes14:45
ronocmvo, at start up i need to check if updates are available14:45
ronocmvo, and be sensitive to when that status changes14:46
mvoronoc: ok, I think the options we have are to extend the PK compat layer to emit the right signals for the status changes14:46
mvoronoc: the initial "what is available" should work already, right?14:46
ronocmvo, i haven't tested it because in that bug glaztor mentions that i should wait for that signal before checking14:47
ronocmvo, this is as far as i got14:47
ronocmvo, i know that there was an issue before whereby i was slowing down the startup because i instantly was checking if updates are available14:48
ronocmvo, should i wait a few minutes before checking14:49
ronocmvo, therefore using packagekit glib lib i will check via pkclient14:50
mvoronoc: that is what e.g. update-notifier was doing, it was using a g_timeout_add_seconds(60 or 90) call (can't remember the exact time)14:50
ronocmvo, ok cool14:50
ronocmvo, just to be make sure and using pkclient is fine to do this14:50
mvoronoc: I would really like to double check with glatzor about this, could you mail him and CC me maybe? just to make sure there is no conceptual problem that I overlooked14:52
ronocmvo, will do14:52
ronocmvo, does Sebastian work for us ?14:55
ronoccan't seem to find him in the dir14:55
mvoronoc: no, he is a contributor14:56
mandelwhen executing 'gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.system.proxy' I'm getting org.gnome.system.proxy.http enabled false, does that mean that the system is not using the proxy?15:19
mandelrodrigo_, hello!15:20
mandelrodrigo_, do you know anything about the above ^15:20
rodrigo_mandel, we don't use that key anymore, you should check the actual 'host' key, if it's set, we use the proxy, if not, no proxy for httrp15:21
jbichagood morning15:29
seb128hey jbicha, how are you?15:32
seb128pitti, do you want to update gvfs and gio-networking? ;-)15:36
pittiseb128: yep, can do; adding to TODO15:37
seb128pitti, thanks15:37
pittibbl, supermarket15:37
seb128pitti, bug #811049 should be fixed by the gvfs update15:38
ubot2Launchpad bug 811049 in gvfs "gvfsd-ftp crashed with SIGSEGV in g_vfs_job_try()" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81104915:38
jbichahmm maybe Ubuntu 12.04 will have a startup sound after all16:00
seb128jbicha, why?16:01
chrisccoulsonoh, you're referring to the request for a sound theme designer?16:02
jbichaseb128: http://design.canonical.com/2012/02/ubuntu-sound-theme-design/16:17
ryehello again, is it possible to remove the "show desktop" from window switcher in unity3d?16:19
seb128jbicha, bah :-(16:19
seb128rye, no16:19
ryeseb128, is it known why somebody needs to switch to desktop from alt-tab? Asking to make a weighted statement in case I file a bug16:20
jbicharye: ctrl+alt+d?16:21
seb128rye, it was a much requested feature, being able to easily access you desktop16:21
pittijasoncwarner, Sweetshark, bryceh, chrisccoulson, didrocks, tremolux, Riddell, kenvandine, cyphermox, mterry, seb128, tkamppeter, pedro_, desrt, agateau, Ursinha: meeting reminder in 9 mins16:21
Ursinhapitti, roger that16:21
ryeseb128, hm, interesting. well, for some reason i keep confusing the xterm icon with desktop icon :-/16:22
seb128rye, https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/924472 is a request to make it configurable16:22
ubot2Launchpad bug 924472 in unity "Add option to hide 'Show Desktop' in switcher" [Low,Confirmed]16:22
seb128rye, change one of the icons in your theme?16:23
dobeyrye: you're using xterm instead of gnome-terminal?16:25
ryedobey, no, gnome-terminal, when i used terminator it was worse, i keep looking at the shapes16:27
dobeywhat is the show background icon? just a rectangle with a purple area?16:28
ryehm, my screenshot tool broke16:28
seb128dobey, no, a preview of the default background16:28
rye** WARNING **: Unable to use GNOME Shell's builtin screenshot interface, resorting to fallback X11. Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.Shell was not provided by any .service files16:29
seb128with a white rectangle around a while bar16:29
kenvandinedobey, rb-ubuntuone is missing a dep on python-dirspec16:29
seb128rye, they are probably in your Images dir16:29
dobeykenvandine: it is? hrmm, ok16:29
seb128rye, the keybinding take screenshots and store them without showing the dialog since the update16:29
ryeseb128, hm, is it supposed to? the Error looks not really nice16:30
seb128rye, or run gnome-screenshot -i16:30
seb128rye, yes, the error is "normal", it tries to talk to gnome-shell first then fallback to the old way16:30
seb128hey Riddell, how are you?16:30
pittijasoncwarner, Sweetshark, bryceh, chrisccoulson, didrocks, tremolux, Riddell, kenvandine, cyphermox, mterry, seb128, tkamppeter, pedro_, desrt, agateau, Ursinha: meeting time16:30
seb128rye, it should probably be quiet about it though16:31
Riddellgenerally good but today I'm tired16:31
seb128pitti, hey16:31
chrisccoulsonhi :)16:31
* kenvandine waves16:31
pittihello everyone16:31
pittian official welcome to Ursinha to the first Desktop team meeting with her!16:31
Riddellhi Ursinha!16:32
didrockshey Ursinha16:32
pittiUrsinha: FYI, we recently agreed to only have a meeting on request, so we actually don't have one on many Tuesdays16:32
Ursinhahey guys16:32
* mterry waves16:32
Ursinhapitti, ah, cool16:32
* agateau waves16:32
seb128oh, a mterry, hey16:32
pittiso, as you know, next thursday is THE DAY OF RECKONING16:32
pittierr, I mean16:32
pittifeature freeze16:32
pittiand http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-desktop-team.html is still impressively large16:33
pittiso I'd like to go over a subset of specs with you to see what's on track and what's to be deferred16:33
pittiwant me to start, or any general comments/questions?16:34
pittione outstanding item here is to re-evaluate banshee16:34
* desrt builds vala stuff out-of-tree16:35
pittidid anyone hear about the status of banshee-GTK3?16:35
* desrt watches it not break16:35
seb128desrt, ;-)16:35
pittiwe landed the RB music store for GTK 3 yesterday, for the record16:35
pittiseb128, Laney ^16:35
seb128pitti, I didn't, check with Laney maybe?16:35
desrtseb128: actually, i'm almost more excited about the ACLOCAL_PATH fixes16:35
desrtthose were in .2 but nobody ever packaged .2 so we didn't get to benefit16:35
Laneydobey already proposed a branch to remove it16:35
pittithe other is remmina/freerdp, which is currently blocked on a MIR and a new remmina release, but I think that's still on track16:35
seb128desrt, I'm glad the new version is working and built ;-) (btw middle of the meeting)16:35
pitti(even if it's a little late)16:36
* desrt stfu16:36
pittiLaney: "remove"?16:36
Laneyfrom banshee16:36
seb128Laney, the question was banshee on gtk316:36
seb128not the store ;-)16:36
kenvandinepitti, yup, i'm filing bugs now :)16:36
Laneyoh, I only sasw the immediately preceding line16:36
seb128Laney, i.e is banshee going to go gtk3 this cycle still?16:36
Laneyi am not aware16:37
pittiwe got a new Mono today which is said to work slightly better on ARM16:37
* Sweetshark stumbles in a bit late and scans backlog.16:37
Laneydirecthex was at fosdem so perhaps he spoke to someone16:37
pittianyway, just wanted to mention it16:37
Laneymight be an idea to ping him in #-devel16:37
pitti^ done so16:38
ryedobey, show desktop, terminal and terminator - http://ubuntuone.com/4SWNVankmjHeqBhi7jA7RK16:38
pittithat's primarily a question for bryceh, will ping him out of band16:38
pitti(I don't think he's online)16:38
seb128that one is going to be an eastern meeting thing16:38
pittithis seems to be a huge collection of "opportunity bugs"16:38
pittiso I guess it'll be half-done and should stay fornow16:38
pittiand also is bug fix-ish to a large degree16:38
pittithis is basically untouched so far16:39
pittiseb128: do you happen to have heard from Robert about this one?16:39
pittiit seems a likely candidate for moving to Q at this point16:39
pittijasoncwarner_: ^ perhaps you can ask during the Eastern meeting?16:39
seb128pitti, not so much, he might be working on it but I doubt it will land this cycle16:39
pittiseb128: thanks16:40
pittiok, let's defer that to Eastern meeting16:40
pittimoved to Q for now16:41
seb128the hard part there will be to make sure vt switch works great an all driver16:41
seb128likely not something we can test,fix this cycle16:41
pittiactually -- parts of it are simple bug fixes, moved back for now16:42
seb128but yeah, check with ROAF or robert_ancell16:42
pittiseb128: it's "text free", not "flicker free"16:42
pitticyphermox, didrocks: ^16:42
seb128pitti, sorry I was thinking about desktop-p-lock-screen for those switch comments16:42
pittiI think we should keep it16:42
cyphermoxpitti: getting somewhere with fixing the flashing of nm-applet :)16:43
pittiseb128: yes, getting to that (but yes, that's definitively Q at this point from my POV)16:43
didrocksagreed, it should be kept16:43
pittikenvandine: ^16:43
* pitti fixes the work items, there is no "alpha-3"16:44
kenvandinethe actionbox might not happen, which is blocking one of my WIs16:44
kenvandinei'll bug njpatel about that again16:44
pittikenvandine: ok; feel free to postpone parts of it16:44
kenvandineotherwise it is in good shape16:45
pittikenvandine: thanks16:45
pittiat this point, I think with Robert's limited time, text-free-boot seems more important and has a better chance of being finished16:45
pittiobjections to moving this to Q?16:45
didrocksseems the right thing to do16:46
pittimterry, didrocks: ^16:46
didrocksthe lens template is still on track16:47
pittimy gut feeling is that the python3 parts sound hard?16:47
didrocksbut will happen after FF16:47
didrocksI guess it's mostly done, mterry?16:47
pittiwe still are missing quite a bunch of libs there, don't we?16:47
didrocksoh python316:47
mterryPython3 isn't happening for P16:47
didrocksno :)16:47
pittido we support py2 still, too?16:47
didrockswe have ETOOMANY3 transition :)16:47
pittimterry: ok, can you please postpone?16:47
mterrypitti, sure16:48
pittimterry: BTW, we can get xid16:48
pittiand import gi.repository.GdkX11 (won't work without it)16:48
pittiah, it's "done" already, nevermind16:48
pittichrisccoulson: ^16:49
chrisccoulsonhi :)16:49
pittichrisccoulson: is that being worked on by you or upstream?16:49
pittithe eds integration?16:49
chrisccoulsonpitti - m_conley_away is currently working on that16:49
pittigets a little tight for FF, though? but I guess we'll get new tbird versions after that anyway16:50
pittichrisccoulson: so, should we keep or move to Q?16:50
chrisccoulsonyeah, that's true16:50
chrisccoulsonwe should keep this one :)16:50
pittididrocks: ^ this seems well on track, but a few new features, too?16:51
didrockspitti: yeah, I'm just pushing gnome-activity-journal right now16:52
didrocks /!\ it's really "raw"16:52
pittiok, so on track?16:52
didrocksbut from my testing, some features are working16:52
pittithat's a big one16:53
* seb128 hides16:53
pittiwe'll almost certainly have to drop stuff16:53
pittifor my part, I propose we'll keep language-selector for P instead of the region panel16:53
pittithe underlying plugin support is ready16:53
kenvandinemy WI on that is trivial, i'll just knock that out today16:53
pittibut the current WIP branch doesn't do ibus configuration and we still need to sort out teh fontconfig bits16:54
pittiso it woudl still be quite a regression16:54
tjaaltonslomo: http://paste.ubuntu.com/832840/16:54
Sweetsharkyes, slightly OT: grekh contributed a furst few patches to LibreOffice. Awesomeness abound! ;)16:54
kenvandinescratch that, i'll do it along with the sound panel upload when it is ready16:54
seb128pitti, there is no so much there16:54
seb128pitti, we can probably drop those16:54
seb128[robert-ancell] discuss upstream dropping the screen capplet (2.6 of the google doc spec): INPROGRESS16:54
seb128well it's being discussed16:54
mterryThe interesting changes for the power panel (hibernation/certification) should be postponed16:54
seb128so it's basically DONE, we didn't say we would land that16:54
seb128mterry, what about "[mterry] change the power capplet to add checkboxes to enable,disable suspend and hibernate (2.3):"16:55
pittimterry: yes, I agree16:55
seb128and "|mterry] add a "show battery in the top bar" option to the power capplet (2.3):"16:55
mterryOh, I can knock that out before next thursday.  /me makes note16:55
pittiseb128: I. e. we'll keep the screen capplet as it is, or we'll drop it?16:55
mterryexcept, should say "menu bar"  :)16:55
seb128pitti, keep it as it is16:55
seb128mterry, thanks, both changes?16:55
pittiseb128, mterry: can I ask you to update the blueprint while I go on and annoy others? :-)16:56
mterrypitti, yup16:56
mterryseb128, hm?16:56
seb128pitti, yes16:56
pittichrisccoulson: ^16:56
pittichrisccoulson: seems the plugin upgrade one works fairly well now?16:56
chrisccoulsonpitti - yeah, we can close that16:57
pittichrisccoulson: IMHO the current "plz restart me" notification is quite fine, do you think we should still work on this for p?16:57
chrisccoulsonpitti - no, i don't think we need to change that for p. it would be nice to have one for plugin updates, but that's a fairly trivial task16:57
pittichrisccoulson: so the first five are "postpone", and you add a new WI for plugins?16:58
chrisccoulsonpitti - oh, the plugin one is the first item16:59
pittichrisccoulson: ah, I see; can you please postpone/update the others?16:59
chrisccoulsonyeah, sure16:59
* pitti sees didrocks burst out in tears17:01
pittiI think we can leave it for P now, for some parts which didrocks might get to in his CFT?17:02
didrockspitti: i did some, but other teams postponed their work17:02
didrocksso I have little hope TBH :/17:02
didrocksbut yeah, if I can have time at the eow17:03
didrocksI can maybe hope for ubiquity integration17:03
sil2100I'm just testing the troublesome packages on the open radeon drivers17:04
seb128sil2100, we are in a meeting17:04
sil2100Ah, ok, sorry ;)17:04
seb128sil2100, use #ubuntu-unity maybe, it's rather a topic for that channel anyway17:04
mterrySo the greeter has a few features on the table17:05
pittimterry: a messaging indicator for the greeter!?17:05
mterrypitti, heh, yeah17:05
mterryThat's likely to be postponed17:05
pittiwhat's that all about anyway?17:05
mterryI'm finishing up my branch to fix the lightdm parts necessary to get the keyboard indicator back17:05
pitti. o O { it's by far not "light"dm any more, it's back to a full GNOME session :) }17:05
mterrySo the keyboard indicator will make it17:05
pittiright, that was almost in, and only a couple of fixes away17:05
mterrypitti, well, the greeter is the heavy part17:05
pitticyphermox: ^ what about the network indicator?17:06
mterrypitti, yeah, but I've been in test-writing hell, augmenting the fake X server17:06
pittiI guess that'd need some adaptions, as we e. g. shouldn't have per-user connections in the greeter, only system-wide ones17:06
cyphermoxpitti: considering dropping that, in fact\17:06
mterrypitti, the messaging indicator is just a little icon next to names if the user's messaging indicator in their session is blue17:06
cyphermoxthe actual benefit isn't for the vast majority of users17:06
pitticyphermox: right, that's what I thought, too17:07
cyphermox(e.g. vast majority probably using only one user on their system, or if not they probably don't need special networks to login either)17:07
pittiyou can configure it just fine in ubiquity and the running session17:07
cyphermoxI'll go ahead and update it17:07
pitticyphermox: update == drop?17:07
pittiok, that was my list17:08
pittithanks everyone17:08
pittiI know it's annoying, but I rather keep track of it early than going through the FFE bureaucratics17:08
pittiand I at least like to know what's going on :)17:08
kenvandinepitti, indeed17:09
slomotjaalton: i17:09
slomotjaalton: i'm done for today, please write me a mail with the patch :) slomo@debian.org for example17:09
tjaaltonslomo: ok, sure17:10
seb128pitti, thanks17:10
didrocksthanks everyone ;)17:10
pittidobey: NB that python-dirspec is in universe, needs a MIR17:10
pittiso, thanks everyone!17:10
dobeypitti: i already did the mir, it should be approved and move over once something depends on it17:11
* mterry notes that he will do a MIR sweep this week17:11
pittidobey: ah, thanks17:12
ubot2Launchpad bug 913908 in dirspec "[MIR] dirspec" [Undecided,Fix released]17:13
pittidobey: right, rb-u1 does now, so that part is done17:13
pittidobey: nice, that was fast :)17:13
dobeypitti: yeah, though i see it is depwait on it now17:13
didrocksmterry: no MIR sweep! You will again assign some to me :)17:14
dobeyrhythmbox-ubuntuone is depwait on python-dirspec, that is17:14
mterrydidrocks, you want some?  can do17:15
didrocksmterry: be warned! you will have the gnome-activity-journal soon :)17:15
didrocksm4n1sh: speaking of which, uploaded ^17:16
dobeypitti: how do i resolve that? :)17:16
didrocksseif: m4n1sh: so polishing now? (it's still a bit rough ;)). I tried some features that worked. However, there are tons of gtk warning on the CLI and make clean remove configure and other files (seems to be linked to make distclean) :/17:16
RainCTdidrocks: Hey. Shouldn't that upload have been activity-log-manager?17:17
pittimterry: hm, why is it fix released? it's still in universe17:17
pittidobey: ^ FYI17:17
seifdidrocks: i am on it17:17
seifdidrocks: will fix the treeview stuff17:17
didrocksRainCT: is it diferent?17:17
didrocksseif: thanks17:17
mterrypitti, don't know.  doko uploaded it...17:17
pittipromoting again17:18
RainCTdidrocks: yeah, activity-log-manager is the privacy thing, gnome-activity-journal shows you what you did each day (and is still in python)17:18
pittimterry, dobey: ok, promoted; that should resolve the depwait17:18
dobeypitti: so i should just click retry now then?17:18
pittidobey: no, not yet, needs a publisher run17:19
didrocksRainCT: urgh, sorry, will fix that17:19
pittidobey: did it fail, or is it depwait?17:19
dobeypitti: depwait17:19
pittidobey: that'll resolve itself17:19
m4n1shdidrocks: activity-log-manager and gnome-activity-journal are separate apps :)17:21
m4n1shdidrocks: hey. cool17:21
m4n1shdidrocks: if you have time, can you look into src/Makefile.am CLEAN, DISTCLEAN and MAINTAINERCLEAN sections17:22
didrocksm4n1sh: ok :)17:22
m4n1shmaybe I have something messed up17:22
m4n1shdidrocks: how many binary packages did you create? I suggest two17:28
m4n1shone for standalone and other for integration one17:28
didrocksm4n1sh: you mean, one for the cc-panel?17:28
didrockscan be, if zg is going to be used in other env17:28
m4n1shin case it is not compiled with --with-ccpanel17:29
m4n1shit gives only a single desktop file and alm executable17:29
m4n1shand when compiled with --with-ccpanel17:29
m4n1sh2 deskto files17:29
m4n1shone executable17:29
m4n1shand one .so file17:29
m4n1shdidrocks: .so can be in -common package, one for executable and it's desktop file, and one for  .so file and it's deskop file17:30
didrocksm4n1sh: it's a little bit too much for a small package like that :)17:30
m4n1shI am just suggesting17:30
didrocksm4n1sh: well, if it's not compiled with --with-ccpanel, people can redo the packaging17:30
m4n1shyou know packaging better17:30
didrockswe are not gentoo :)17:31
m4n1shbut atleast make sure that the standalone executable is not installed by default17:31
didrocksany reason it shouldn't ?17:32
m4n1shit is not needed17:32
m4n1shthe ccpanel integration needs only .so file17:32
m4n1shand the corrosponding desktop file17:32
didrocksok, will separate like that then17:32
m4n1shg-c-c integration one needs .so file and data/alm-ccpanel.desktop17:33
didrocksok thanks :)17:33
m4n1shdidrocks: you might want to check it out before uploading17:33
m4n1shby building in your local chroot and installing it manually17:33
didrocksm4n1sh: hum, that's already what I'm doing for every packages I have17:34
m4n1shI am not a great packager, just learnt basics17:35
didrocksI think I can deal with my packages, but thanks :)17:35
m4n1shseif: you need to work on the UI part and removing the glib warning. you are the treeview geek17:35
seifdude i know17:35
m4n1shbefore 13th17:35
seifi am finishing something here quickly17:35
m4n1shor else we will miss feature freeze17:35
seifi need to finish it before friday :P17:35
m4n1shas UI improvements as not bug fixes17:35
pittigood night everyone!17:40
desrtdidrocks: your defaults stuff is working now?17:40
desrtpitti: cheerio17:40
didrocksdesrt: yeah, working wonderfully! thanks :)17:41
seb128'night pitti17:42
didrockshave a good night pitti17:42
desrtdidrocks: did i see you volunteering in a bug to write some documentation? :)17:42
didrocksdesrt: I was afraid it was going to turn out like that :)17:42
didrocksdesrt: ok, will do!17:42
seb128hum, bug #92782617:44
ubot2Launchpad bug 927826 in unity "When a folder bookmarked in Nautilus is deleted, it doesn't disappear in the Unity quicklist inmediatelly" [Low,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92782617:44
seb128I wonder if nautilus or unity is to blame ;-)17:44
didrockssaw that one, not really sure TBH :)17:45
tkamppeterpitti, still there?17:48
seb128tkamppeter, he said good night a bit earlier17:49
tkamppeterseb128, thanks, so I will ask him tomorrow.17:49
nessitahello all! any advice who I can ask about GLib.spawn_async segfaulting on an updated precise install?17:50
seb128hey nessita17:50
nessitahola seb128 :-)17:50
seb128nessita, stacktrace? usually pitti if that's a pythonish issue, you can try desrt if that's a glib issue17:50
nessitaseb128: hum not sure if this is in the python side or glib17:52
nessitaperhaps I should try the same code snippet on C, right?17:52
seb128nessita, can you share a testcase or pastebin a stracktrace?17:52
seb128nessita, ideally yes17:52
seb128but maybe share your python code and a stacktrace to start?17:53
nessitaseb128: the code snippet I'm running is http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/832910/, let me paste the output of strace17:53
nessitaoutput of strace  is: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/832911/17:53
seb128nessita, sorry by stacktrace I meant gdb bt17:54
nessitaseb128: can do that, let me try17:54
nessitaseb128: got the segfault in gdb, besides bt you want something else?17:55
nessitagdb bt: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/832916/17:55
desrtseb128: did you ever get a chance to look at the dconf write-on-login stuff?17:57
seb128desrt, not yet, will do after feature freeze17:57
desrt(pitti's blog post just brings this back into my mind)17:57
seb128nessita, hum, quite some python code and no symbol in there...17:57
seb128desrt, http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/832910/ do you see anything wrong in there? ;-)17:57
nessitaseb128: right, I may need to install the dbg packages to debug further...17:58
nessitadesrt: besides the seg fault that code is triggering :-P17:58
desrti like it!18:00
desrtit's the environment18:01
desrtdrop the envp= argument and it stops crashing18:01
desrt(note that it's not necessary to do this: the current environment is already used by default)18:01
nessitadesrt: wow...18:01
nessitadesrt: why would passing the env make it segfault?18:02
desrtwell, that's the next question :)18:02
nessitaah :-)18:02
desrtos.environ in python is a dictionary18:03
desrtg_spawn_async() wants an array of 'KEY=VALUE' strings18:03
nessitadesrt: uuuhhhhh...18:03
desrti'm guessing something is implicitly arrayifying the dictionary (which probably results in a list of the keys, without values) and passing that18:04
nessitadesrt: the crash makes sense now18:04
nessitadesrt: thanks * a lot *18:04
desrtstill shouldn't crash :/18:04
* desrt will try to reproduce it in a more simplified situation and figure out who is crashing18:04
nessitadesrt: well, it glib is asuming that a = char will be in the string, it may crash18:05
desrtnessita: no problems :)18:05
nessitaif* glib is...18:05
desrtnessita: indeed18:05
desrtthe backtrace seems to imply that the crash is happening in python-land though18:05
nessitaseb128: THANKS you saved me like tons of debugging time (already a day debugging this)18:05
desrtso that may not be the whole story18:05
nessitadesrt: need me to fill a bug or something?18:05
desrtnessita: i'm not sure which component is to blame, so i'll keep digging18:06
nessitadesrt: thanks a lot, let me know if I can help somehow18:06
seb128nessita, thanks to desrt18:06
desrtwill do18:06
nessitaseb128: I did, but you redirected me to him ;-)18:06
seb128desrt is always a sure bet ;-)18:07
* didrocks waves good evening18:18
desrtdidrocks: g'night18:19
didrockshave a good evening desrt!18:19
desrtnessita: fascinating.  it looks like this bug is specific to GLib.spawn_async()18:20
nessitadesrt: I feel special!18:21
desrtnessita: the binding for some useful functions in glib (not gobject, gio) are hard-written because they don't have gobject-introspection support at that level18:21
desrtand there is a bug in this particular hand-written code18:21
nessitawhat are the chances for me hitting that...18:22
desrt100% now that it's done ;)18:22
seb128mterry, btw what happened to the unity-greeter post a2 release?18:22
mterryseb128, I'm waiting for the designer folks to demo the latest scrolling/look-and-feel to Mark for sign off.  didn't want to push something then have to change it immediately.  let me ping them18:23
seb128mterry, no hurry I was just wondering if you were blocked on something, I think better to land what is in if we can an do another upload later with the remaining stuff like keyboard18:24
mterryseb128, yar, I'm not blocking on keyboard.  That doesn't require any unity-greeter side changes anyway (except to uncomment the calls to lightdm)18:24
seb128mterry, ok18:26
desrtdidrocks: hey!  stop working!18:26
didrocksdesrt: I know, I had to fix something :)18:27
desrtnessita: bug is here, in case you are interested in following it (although it doesn't affect you anymore): https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=66959418:29
ubot2Gnome bug 669594 in general "bug in gspawn sequence-of-strings checking" [Normal,Unconfirmed]18:29
nessitadesrt: great, thanks!18:29
* didrocks really runs now18:32
* desrt wonders when seb128 is going to go back from EST to CEST18:59
* desrt hopes never18:59
dobeykenvandine: hrmm; switched to ItemType.GENERIC_SECRET instead of ITEM_GENERIC_SECRET in gwibber, and still no accounts showing up. did they show up for you after that?19:00
kenvandinedobey, no... that was what i told you :)19:01
kenvandineit still didn't work19:01
dobeyah ok19:01
kenvandinebut it got further19:01
dobeygot further?19:01
kenvandinei think there is a type not exposed19:01
kenvandinein the gir19:02
kenvandinegnomekeyring gir problem19:02
kenvandinei think19:02
dobey*** glibc detected *** python: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x0a8a9ba0 ***19:02
dobeyfun times :(19:02
kenvandinelike it gets a struct of an unknown type19:02
kenvandinefor the results19:02
desrtmore pygi issues?  i love it!19:02
dobeynice; yay gtk/glib/pygi :(19:08
dobeyman i really do not like trying to debug memory issues in things which i apparently can't run under valgrind19:10
dobeyoh yay. it's crashing in gnomekeyring :)19:34
dobeykenvandine: is gwibber-accounts doing funky multiprocess/threading insanity?19:34
BigWhaledobey, wait until you see what is gwibber doing now.. :>19:39
czajkowskianyone on 12.04 know why print screen has stopped working?19:56
czajkowskiI can hear the camera click noise but nothing happens19:56
BigWhaleoh true19:57
BigWhalethe click and the flash are here19:57
BigWhalebut no save dialog ... bummer19:57
desrtnessita: thanks for the report.  it's fixed now.19:59
nessitadesrt: so fast? awesome20:00
desrtnessita: will be a while before the fix is in the distro, i imagine20:00
desrtseb128 could probably be convinced to make a vendor patch for it, but i doubt it's necessary since it's very easy to avoid the problem20:01
kenvandinedobey, there is some blocking going on in the dispatcher that causes a problem for gwibber-accounts20:02
kenvandinebut BigWhale and i are making the threading not suck now20:03
kenvandinerahter... suck less20:03
dobeykenvandine: i wonder if that's what is causing the crashing i'm seeing20:04
BigWhalekenvandine, hey now! It won't suck at all. :>20:04
kenvandineBigWhale, nah, it'll suck less :)20:05
kenvandineit is still python threads20:05
BigWhaleyou have a point there20:05
kenvandineBigWhale, i think my branch is working now20:07
kenvandine10m and no crashes20:07
kenvandineand no blocking trying to launch gwibber-accounts while doing a refresh20:08
BigWhaledo push :)20:08
BigWhalemy record is still 2m42s :>20:08
* kenvandine removes break points before pushing :)20:08
seb128desrt, nessita: I will let pitti deal with it, he handles pygobject20:09
kenvandineBigWhale, pushed20:10
kenvandineBigWhale, in fact, i think it has been over 20m and no crashes :)20:11
kenvandinethe ultimate test (besides not crashing) is opening gwibber-accounts during a refresh20:11
BigWhaleI have a conflict ... wtf? I'll just rename .OTHER20:12
kenvandinenow that the service is much more async, the debug logging is a bit of a disaster20:13
BigWhalekenvandine, we just have to make another logger for the threads20:13
BigWhaleso it is easier to track20:13
kenvandineanother added benefit here is the messages don't hit the client in one massive chunk20:13
BigWhalesort of easier20:14
BigWhaleyeah they come in batches now20:14
kenvandinethey trickle in more, so the model gets updated in smaller chunks and less likely to hang the UI20:14
BigWhalemy UI is black?!20:15
kenvandinereal    29m49.896s20:15
kenvandineand crash :(20:15
kenvandineno references to dee or gee20:16
kenvandinethere is all the libicu stuff though20:17
BigWhaleWhen python crashes it crashes hard. :>20:17
dobeykenvandine: so uh, do the plugins get created in threads?20:39
Sweetsharkjasoncwarner_: ping?20:40
kenvandinedobey, yes20:40
kenvandineistantiated inside a thread20:40
dobeykenvandine: i guess that's the problem then. and i'm surprised it doesn't crash sooner than me clicking "Add' in the accounts dialog20:41
Sweetshark!seen jasoncwarner_20:41
ubot2I have no seen command20:41
dobeyhow does one grab the gdk lock these days?20:41
dobeySweetshark: i guess it'll be a couple hours before he pops up still20:42
Sweetsharkdobey: k20:42
dobeyso dealing with threads and gtk+ in python these days is probably more of an atrocity than normal i guess?20:45
kenvandinedobey, we are trying to figure that stuff out now20:47
kenvandinedobey, the service plugins don't get instantiated from gwibber-accounts though20:47
kenvandineit gets the properties over dbus20:47
kenvandinewhich is what is hanging for you now20:47
dobeykenvandine: the gui does.20:47
dobeyno, it's not hanging. well, the existing accounts loading might be hanging i guess20:48
kenvandinei don't think so...20:48
dobeywhat i'm getting is a crash20:48
dobeywhen the gui for adding an account is initialized20:48
dobeyand it's crashing when it calls gnomekeyring20:48
dobeyi commented out the gnomekeyring bit, and it doesn't crash20:48
jasoncwarner_Sweetshark: hey man20:48
dobeyin the statusnet plug-in20:48
kenvandinethe plugin doesn't get loaded but the gtk module for it does20:49
dobeyand those are in threads?20:49
dobeyor no?20:49
kenvandinethose aren't20:49
dobeythen why is gnomekeyring crashing there?20:49
kenvandineno idea20:49
dobeyanyway, my branch is updated and pushed20:50
dobeyif you run gwibber-accounts from it, and try to add a statusnet account, it crashes :(20:50
Sweetsharkjasoncwarner_: have a minute?20:50
* bryceh waves20:55
jbichaseb128: are you still around?21:03
seb128jbicha, yes21:03
jbichaseb128: libgdata only adds symbols, it's not removing anything or bumping the soname so maybe it doesn't need to be tested in the PPA first?21:04
seb128jbicha, why do you want to update it?21:04
jbichaseb128: newer gnome-documents needs it21:05
seb128hum ok21:05
mterryseb128, heyo.  After FF when I'm supposed to be doing bug fixes, if you see the occasional system settings bug that needs investigating, feel free to assign to me21:13
mterryNot that you wouldn't anyway, but just saying  :)21:14
seb128mterry, hey, system settings like gnome-control-center?21:14
mterryseb128, since we're a little undermanned there21:14
seb128mterry, sure, can do ;-)21:14
seb128mterry, thanks for suggesting it!21:14
seb128mterry, otherwise I try to keep http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-desktop/precise.html filed21:15
seb128so feel feel to pick stuff there and assign them to you21:15
mterryseb128, ah yes.  :-/  That damned list that never goes down21:16
mterryI like how rls-p-tracking bugs are on same page now21:16
seb128mterry, you can blame chrisccoulson, he spams it from firefox testsuit issues :p21:16
seb128mterry, but I've also something to do with it, I'm taking care of refilling it in case somebody gets bored and want to grab a bug, it would be a shame if the list was empty in that case ;-)21:17
dobeykenvandine: can we ship crashy gtk3 gwbiber-accounts for feature freeze, and then fix it afterward? ;)21:54
kenvandinewe can always request a FFE21:55
kenvandinedon't know if we'll get it :)21:55
dobeyi'd like to fix the layout issues, but it's hard when keyring is crashing :(21:56
dobeyi wonder if it's crashing because of threads or because libgnomekeyring is broken21:56
kenvandinei think it is libgnomekeyring being broken21:57
kenvandinebut i can't prove it21:57
RAOFlibgnomekeyring will die if you try to access it from anything but the main thread.21:58
RAOFThis is a stupid behaviour change a couple of releases ago; it used to work fine.21:59
kenvandinegwibber-accounts itself isn't doing any threading22:02
seb128RAOF, it's not a behaviour change as it, they started using libdbus which has that issue22:04
RAOFWell, from the point of view of all my keyring-using apps it *was* an annoying behaviour change :)22:04
seb128I remember the cycle where it landed the "fun" it was to debug22:05
seb128kenvandine probably remembers as well :p22:05
dobeywell, just because everything locked up solid using 100% cpu doesn't mean it was a behavior changes ;)22:05
kenvandinetoo well22:05
dobeyyes we remember it well22:05
kenvandinedobey, so accounts doesn't use threads, but there is code in there that uses the gwibber.microblog.util.keyring module22:06
kenvandinewhich does the global locking stuff22:06
dobeyglobal locking as in GIL?22:06
kenvandineperhaps since this is executed independently, it should be copied for accounts use22:06
kenvandinethat was the fix for that 100% cpu use22:07
dobeyoh no22:07
dobeyit's nasty ctypes hack22:07
seb128cyphermox, I've dupped the bug you reassigned to libappindicator from bug #90320022:07
ubot2Launchpad bug 903200 in libappindicator "underscore in network names disappear when entering more networks" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/90320022:07
seb128cyphermox, it should maybe be tracked for precise22:07
kenvandinedobey, yup... worked great :)22:08
kenvandinepitti rocked it!22:08
kenvandineso that helps for the service22:08
kenvandinebut we really don't need that for accounts22:08
chrisccoulsoni'm so glad that my messaging indicator isn't changing colour for bug mail now :)22:09
dobeykenvandine: hrmm, i don't see where accounts is using it22:10
kenvandinedobey, magic22:10
kenvandinelook in the gtk modules22:10
jasoncwarner_RAOF bryceh TheMuso anything for meeting? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2012-02-0722:10
kenvandinedobey, oh22:11
kenvandineit isn't :)22:11
kenvandineso that should rule out hacks and threading issues22:11
TheMusojasoncwarner_: Not from me.22:11
dobeywell, i wouldn't rule anything out yet :)22:11
kenvandinedobey, hehe :)22:11
RAOFjasoncwarner_: Nor from me.22:12
dobeyfor all i know there's an "import oh.hi.multiprocessing" hidden somewhere :-/22:12
kenvandinedobey, not in my branch :)22:12
kenvandinewe are killing that shit with a very big axe22:12
kenvandinelooks like killing off the use of pycurl too22:13
dobeymaybe merging the two branches just fixes it then ;)22:13
dobeythough i'm sure there's conflicts, and i really don't want to deal with that22:13
dobeywell, first problem; why is it not even loading the accounts22:14
kenvandinedobey, when i tried that the other day, it wasn't getting a valid result from the keyring22:15
* kenvandine needs to run, be back in a couple hours22:15
brycehheya jasoncwarner_22:16
jasoncwarner_hey bryceh feeling better?22:17
brycehjasoncwarner_, pitti had asked about the multimonitor spec this morning; to answer, yes, the work items really just bugs we want to focus on, not anything FF-critical22:17
brycehjasoncwarner_, still not 100% but back to work and drinking fluids22:18
brycehjasoncwarner_, I meant to do another run through to test the bugs specific to unity last week, but got sidetracked into other bugs and didn't get to it22:19
brycehjasoncwarner_, the remaining X bugs on that blueprint are mostly intricate/difficult things that may not fit in this cycle but I'd like to keep working on them and hopfully get a few knocked off22:19
brycehworking on an arrandale-specific dp/docking station MM issue today22:20
jasoncwarner_bryceh: thanks...how is mm and projectors looking right now? saw tim tweet some frustrtaions about projectors last night (haven't gotten specifics yet)22:21
brycehhmm, missed that22:21
brycehjasoncwarner_, again, I haven't had a chance to do a run through of all the tests again like I did pre-christmas so can't give an accurate comparison yet.  However judging from the bug queue things don't look too bad22:22
bryceheither that, or folks haven't been reporting bugs ;-)22:23
achiangmicahg: does firefox depend on libnss? it's not listed explicitly in the dependencies but i'm wondering if i'm missing something...22:25
micahgachiang: no, it uses an internal copy22:25
achiangmicahg: ok, thanks. (and isn't that against policy?)22:27
micahgachiang: well, it's updated every 6 weeks and for any CVEs, so it's manageable22:28
achiangmicahg: got it, thx22:28
=== dduffey is now known as dduffey_afk
jbichahmm, the new gnome-documents looks bad in Ambiance but I guess I'll push anyway23:24
jbichacan't very well report bugs for problems that aren't in Ubuntu yet23:24

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!