mhall119daker: will you be around today to help me review the merge proposals for LTP?14:37
mhall119cjohnston: didn't you say we had the social media links in an MP for loco.u.c?14:46
mhall119oh, only team events14:57
mhall119I'm going to add it to global events too14:57
cjohnstonmhall119: id like to try to get the userprofile stuff done in summit and move it to ltp after15:06
mhall119cjohnston: are you working on that?15:10
cjohnstonmhall119: i need a front end put on my code15:13
cjohnstoni guess i can just list all of the info, and hopefully someone will pick it up and make it pretty15:13
cjohnstonmhall119: https://code.launchpad.net/~chrisjohnston/summit/927825/+merge/9170415:15
cjohnstonuggh.. theres now conflicts in my userprofile stuff15:17
mhall119that's what happens when you let a branch sit for too long15:21
cjohnstonis launchpad in common now or schedule15:22
cjohnstonmhall119: ^15:29
mhall119cjohnston: oh, I thought it had moved15:30
mhall119I must be thinking LTP15:30
cjohnstoni think it is in common tho15:31
cjohnstonmhall119: the etherpad_host crap in the tests is throwing errors, but thats the only error i got with summit.common import launchpad15:38
cjohnstonif i change it to summit.schedule import launchpad15:40
cjohnstonI get:  test_update_user_details_long_names  errror15:40
mhall119  I don't see launchpad.py in ./common/ though15:41
cjohnstoni do15:42
cjohnstonits in my mp15:42
cjohnstonthats why15:42
mhall119ronnietucker: was it you or daker who did the twitter feed rewrite and the photo feed?16:18
ronnietuckerNot guilty. Must have been daker.  :)16:18
mhall119that's what I thought16:19
mhall119ronnietucker: I'm in a meeting in -community-team right now, will you be around for a big?16:19
ronnietuckerI'm at work just now, but I'll keep checking back here until about 6pm then I16:20
ronnietuckerI'm off home  :)16:20
ronnietucker(6pm UK time, it's 4:21pm just now)16:21
cjohnstonmhall119: ping16:33
mhall119cjohnston: meeting16:33
cjohnstonping me when done please16:33
ronnietuckermhall119: about to head home soon, drop me an email/G+ if you still need me for anything.17:09
mhall119cjohnston: pong17:17
cjohnstonmhall119: were you able to find out anything about the SSO problem?17:18
mhall119yeah, for triad the identity_url they have matches what we have, so i'm not sure what the problem is17:21
mhall119there is a triad2 user, but neither of them have logged in October 201017:21
cjohnstonhe has merged accounts17:21
mhall119that could be it....but usually ISD sees a different identity_url than us when that causes the problem17:22
mhall119I know ISD specifically said that merged user accounts would cause these issues17:22
mhall119he should contact them to get his account cleaned up17:22
cjohnstonmhall119: in #canonical-isd?17:23
cjohnstonmhall119: https://code.launchpad.net/~chrisjohnston/summit/add-user-profiles/+merge/8519417:25
cjohnstonthere arent links yet17:26
cjohnstonbut it would be /u/username and /u/username/update17:26
cjohnstonmhall119: if you can take ^^ and polish it up, that would be a great release for LTP and summit17:35
mhall119cjohnston: I'll take a look, but my global event changes are my priority this week17:36
cjohnstonwhat are you doing to global event17:37
=== Ronnie1 is now known as Ronnie
Ronniehi mhall119, i saw you mail flying by...17:40
cjohnstonRonnie: !17:40
Ronnieits a long time ago since i worked on LTP...17:40
Ronniehi cjohnston17:40
Ronnieim still alive ;)17:40
Ronniemhall119: it it possible for you to setup the code branches somewhere online so i can look and take some screenshots to start with. at the moment i havent all the packeges etc installed to setup LTP myself17:42
Ronniethe codebranches you mentioned in the mail i mean17:43
Ronniecjohnston: is there some awesome new stuff in LTP i should know about?17:44
cjohnstonRonnie: not really17:44
Ronniehmm, too bad17:44
cjohnstondaker is the new project lead Ronnie17:45
cjohnstonI have the user profile stuff in Summit just about done... if I can get help finishing it there, then it could be easily moved to LTP17:45
Ronniei have to eat now, i hope i can be online in a few hours17:45
cjohnstonthere is some more social stuff in trunk17:45
mhall119Ronnie: I can take some screenshots of my localhost if that would help18:08
Ronnie mhall119 if you could do that, that would be great18:10
mhall119Ronnie: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d0ttruef is what I currently have18:15
nigelbmhall119: you need to install localtunnel.18:16
nigelbit lets you share your django stuff to others for testing.18:16
nigelb(its a ruby thing and its amazing)18:16
mhall119nigelb: I can just throw it up on the cloud if I really needed to18:16
nigelbyeah, but this is faster :)18:16
mhall119should probably setup a permanent LTP staging like I have for summit18:17
cjohnstonmhall119: did you ever setup summit to pull from trunk randomly?18:17
mhall119cjohnston: not yet18:17
cjohnstonmhall119: could they go on the same server?18:18
mhall119cjohnston: on different ports, yeah18:18
cjohnstonwould that be better, or create a second one18:19
mhall119I'll just use the one we already have18:25
mhall119I need to get summit staging running under wsgi and apache anyway18:26
cjohnstonmhall119: would you be willing to point like summit.chrisjohnston.org and linaro.chrisjohnston.org so we can have both themes?18:27
mhall119I can setup the vhost, if you can point those subdomains to the public ip18:30
cjohnstonI'm fine with that18:31
Ronniemhall119: does the screenshot contains all the items that need to be shown on that page, or is something missing?18:32
mhall119Ronnie: should be everything18:32
mhall119since I have markdown available in the event description, we can add things like the video there18:32
cjohnstonmhall119: whats the ip again?18:32
mhall119global event details allow any HTML too, since it's only editable by admins18:33
cjohnstonshould I do an ltp.chrisjohnston.org as well?18:33
Ronniemhall119: whats the black spot on the screen?18:33
mhall119Ronnie: that's an embedded Youtube video, my screencapture tool couldn't get it's actual content18:33
mhall119it's part of the event details18:34
mhall119that's what I was talking about above, using markdown and html to embed the video18:34
cjohnstonmhall119: summit.chrisjohnston.org, linaro.chrisjohnston.org, and ltp.chrisjohnston.org all exist and point to
cjohnstonone it works, I'll make some short url's and put them in the topic18:41
Ronniemhall119: the first part till the data1 and data2 under the video are all HTML from the database, so not movable to another section of the page?18:42
mhall119Ronnie: corrent18:43
mhall119if you think we need a separate section for them, we can add that to the model18:43
Ronniei think the 2 page split isn't that bad. part of the content s interesting before the UGJ starts, the other part while the UGJ is running. put it all on one page makes the page too big in my opinion18:50
cjohnstonmhall119: aquarius there are issues on tablets where use has issues.. it isnt possible to get the hover area to open up unless you click to open the meeting.. the meeting opens in a new window.. if you close that new window, you are then able to see the hover and have to click off to get rid of it19:14
cjohnstonanother thing im told is that sometimes when clicking a meeting down near the bottom of the screen, it will actually select the top meeting for the day19:15
mhall119Ronnie: can we make the "dashboard" generic enough to work for non-global-jam global events19:23
mhall119if so, then I'm all for a separate page19:24
mhall119cjohnston: they need smaller tablets19:24
mhall119cjohnston: do you have a specific example of the wrong meeting being selected?19:25
cjohnstonnot of that no19:25
cjohnstoni wasnt able to reproduce19:25
cjohnstoni was able to reproduce the first part19:26
mhall119the mobile css only applies when the resolution width is 480px or smaller, otherwise you get the desktop version19:26
cjohnstonits with the desktop version19:26
mhall119so their tablet probably gets the hi-res desktop version, which isn't so good for touch19:26
cjohnstonwould it be possible to include tablets on mobile screens then?19:27
mhall119tell them out mobile/touch work only targets phone-size devices19:27
mhall119but that once they start giving away Ubuntu tablets, we'll be happy to make it work there too19:28
cjohnstonso pretty much say sorry?19:30
mhall119tell them we're still working on it, and would appreciate any help they can give19:32
mhall119Ronnie: all my changes are in lp:~mhall119/loco-team-portal/global-event-enhancements now20:11
cjohnstonmhall119: wasnt the double-side-column stuff already in the css?20:26
cjohnstonmhall119: i like the markup work... be nice to have that in summit20:29
mhall119cjohnston: it was as 'content', not 'column'20:30
mhall119mine doesn't have built-in padding and margins20:31
czajkowski*bops* evening20:56
mhall119hey czajkowski20:57
mhall119cjohnston: my global events enhancement isn't ready for merging yet21:16
cjohnstonI just wanted to see the code21:17
mhall119then bzr branch it :P21:17

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!