desrtugh.  libneon is messed up.00:11
lifelessdesrt: again ? :000:12
desrtlifeless: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/neon27/+bug/84590100:12
ubot2`Launchpad bug 845901 in neon27 "libneon can't find SSLv2_server_method" [Undecided,Confirmed]00:12
desrtit's pretty seriously messed up.  i'm surprised it builds at all.00:14
desrtit's using a function that completely does not exist in any library00:14
desrtpresumably it existed in libssl at some point but was removed00:14
micahgthat should've been fixed many releases ago00:19
broderIIRC we killed off SSLv2 in oneiric00:22
desrthttp://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=622140 btw00:22
ubot2`Debian bug 622140 in neon27 "neon27: symbol SSLv2_server_method used" [Serious,Open]00:22
broderbecause i think i ran into a boost incompatibility issue00:22
broderupgrading some of my software to oneiric00:22
* micahg thought it was killed long before that00:23
=== s9iper1 is now known as bil21al
=== bil21al is now known as s9iper1
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
RAOFlifeless: Why would squid be dying with a SIGABRT when I try to start it?  squid3 -k parse -f /etc/squid-deb-proxy/squid-deb-proxy.conf lists a couple of warnings, complains about not being able to write to /var/log/squid-deb-proxy, but otherwise completes successfully.05:29
lifelessRAOF: so if its calling abort() it should log something first06:03
RAOFFATAL: xcalloc: Unable to allocate 4154659762 blocks of 1 bytes!06:04
RAOFHm.  It's trying to allocate and zero 4GB of memory?06:05
RAOFlifeless: http://paste.ubuntu.com/840056/06:07
GunnarHjpitti: Good morning, Martin! Just replied on bug 930785.06:16
ubot2`Launchpad bug 930785 in language-selector "gnome-language-selector crashed with DBusException in call_blocking(): org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed: 'bg_BG.UTF-8' is not a valid locale name" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93078506:16
pittihey GunnarHj06:17
pittiGunnarHj: right, but I wonder if there is a cleaner solution06:17
GunnarHjpitti: Guess we can wait a while. It's not very urgent, I suppose.06:18
didrocksgood morning06:23
pittihey didrocks, how are you?06:27
didrockspitti: I'm fine, thanks. And you, how was your week-end?06:27
pittididrocks: quite fine, thanks! we visited our grandma, and had a nice birthday party06:32
didrocksah nice :)06:34
=== Amaranthus is now known as Amaranth
pittiGunnarHj: followed up to 93078506:51
lifelessRAOF: fun07:13
GunnarHjpitti: Ok, then I'll write a patch with the 'locale -a' approach.07:13
lifelessRAOF: a 27PB cache ?!07:13
lifelessRAOF: that 4G alloc is probably happening for the hash table07:14
lifelessRAOF: e.g. your config is insane07:14
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
=== rickspencer3_ is now known as rickspencer3
=== Zdra is now known as xclaesse
czajkowskiseb128: morning09:00
seb128hi czajkowski09:01
pittibonjour seb128, ca va?09:05
seb128hey, pitti, ca va bien! et toi ?09:07
pittiseb128: je suis bien, merci!09:07
pittiseb128: did anything come up at the release team meeting?09:07
seb128pitti, no09:08
pittiI saw the fun with webkit, thanks for sorting this out09:08
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone09:08
pittihey chrhi09:09
pittihey chrisccoulson, how are you?09:09
chrisccoulsonhi pitti. i'm good thanks, how are you?09:09
pittichrisccoulson: quite fine, thanks! had a nice long weekend09:10
chrisccoulsonexcellent :)09:10
chrisccoulsoni had quite a busy weekend moving my desk and having everything set up and ready by this morning09:10
pittichrisccoulson: oh, you have a new "office" room now?09:11
chrisccoulsonyeah, i'm downstairs now. we've freed up the old room for my daughter09:11
chrisccoulsonmoving my desk downstairs was not much fun09:12
pittiseb128: hm, I'm trying to build glom, but libgdamm4.0-dev doesn't exist; wasn't there some effort to pacakge it?09:26
seb128pitti, dholbach has it in a ppa he asked for review on #ubuntu-devel last week I think09:27
seb128goocanvasmm as well09:27
seb128Laney said he would have a look iirc09:27
seb128better to check with them09:27
pittiok, thanks; ignoring for now09:27
seb128pitti, there?10:00
pittiseb128: yes, I just spoke 2 mins ago :) )10:00
seb128pitti, I want to chat about gnome-settings-daemon if you have a minute10:00
pittiseb128: what's up?10:01
seb128pitti, so, I've been looking at 3.4 compared to 3.2, I will do a second round today but with order of magnitude numbers are10:01
pittihm, LP just went down?10:02
seb128- 350 commits, I would say: 150 are on wacom (new code, side feature), 100 on translations, 25 on xrandr (better support for docking station)10:02
seb128some 50 are bug fixes10:02
=== rickspencer3_ is now known as rickspencer3
pittiright, I had to pull libwacom from jhbuild to build it10:03
seb128and there are like 15 less easy commits like keybindings to gsettings and dropping gconf plugin10:03
seb128I'm pondering going for 3.4, reverting the keybinding and gconf stuff10:03
seb128how crazy do you think that is?10:03
pittiis the latter a problem because unity or others still expect keybindings in gconf?10:03
seb128the other option is to backport some 25 (at least) commits10:04
seb128pitti, yes, compiz still use gconf10:04
pittiI just had assumed that it would require control-center 3.4, too10:04
RAOFlifeless: How has that config gone crazy?  It's unmodified from squid-deb-proxy defaults.10:04
seb128in fact the keybinding stuff is one commit10:04
seb128I think it should be easy enough to make it select gconf or gsettings at run time, which would maybe let update gnome-shell, I know they really would like the new version10:05
seb128pitti, c-c, I didn't see a reason why it would10:05
seb128they didn't change configuration keys or format10:05
seb128it's mostly bug fixing, wacom, keybinding on gsettings (to revert), xrandr better dock support10:05
pittithe other stuff sounds fine indeed10:06
seb128pitti, if you think that's not too crazy I will go ahead with a second round and do a detailled summary with diffstat, diff, etc in a bug report10:06
seb128and land it in a ppa for testing today if I can10:06
pittiseb128: I'd like to get cnd's review on the new package, how the new wacom stuff holds up with our multitouch patches10:06
pittiseb128: that sounds great10:06
pittihappy to test from u-desktop PPA10:07
seb128pitti, wacom is a separate dir, we can't just not build it if we don't want to10:07
seb128like everything in gsd it's its own .so10:07
seb128we can easily drop it10:07
pittiah, I see10:07
pittiI guess we have to for the first round10:07
pittiit's in universe, and too old10:08
pittiseb128: is it an optional build dep, or do we need to hack the makefiles?10:08
pittiseb128: if you want, I can update it to 0.2.1, if that helps10:08
pittior tjaalton might want to10:08
seb128pitti, we need to hack the makefiles I think10:09
seb128GNOME don't want to make stuff customizable or optional nowadays, they want GNOME to be it's designed ;-)10:09
tjaaltonpitti: libwacom?10:10
pittitjaalton: yes10:10
pittiseb128: oh, it seems remmina-plugins is obsolete now, binaries are now built by remmina itself10:11
* pitti cleans up10:11
pittiseb128: so, let's give that a try, if it's not too hard to do; I'm happy to test with my dock, too10:12
tjaaltonpitti: I'll update it, 0.3 is ok?10:13
seb128pitti, ok, I will work on that today, still wanting to summarize where we go in details before update10:14
seb128tjaalton, that would be great, thanks10:14
pittitjaalton: sure; but as I said, we can't use it in g-c-c right now (without a MIR at least)10:14
pittiif someone could actually test this with an actual wacom device, we could do a MIR10:14
tjaaltonpitti: np, it'll be available at least10:14
tjaaltonoh the wacom capplet?10:15
tjaaltonI have an intuos4L10:15
tkamppeterpitti, hi10:16
seb128pitti, jbicha dropped me an email where he mentioned he's wanting to file the mir for libwacom, he really wants the new g-s-d in ;-)10:17
seb128pitti, well the mir is not a blocker for ppa builds10:17
pittihey tkamppeter10:17
pittiseb128: right10:17
seb128pitti, so I don't know need to bother for the testing round10:17
pittiseb128: you still need >= 0.2.1, though10:17
seb128pitti, right, tjaalton is fixing that for me apparently though :p10:18
seb128pitti, btw remmina 1.0, well done10:19
seb128we got it in time for ff ;-)10:20
tjaaltonseb128: yeah I'd like to have the wacom gui as well :)10:20
pittiseb128: I'll seed it today once jdstrand gives the final ok for freerdp 1.0.110:20
pittiactually, I'll update the seeds right now10:20
seb128pitti, can you drop gnome-searchtools if we didn't yet?10:21
seb128pitti, gnome-search-tool10:21
pittiwhat's the replacement?10:21
seb128pitti, nothing, design said nautilus search and dash are enough searches10:21
pitti * gnome-screenshot10:21
pitti * gnome-search-tool10:21
pitti * gnome-system-log10:21
pitti * gnome-font-viewer10:21
pittiseb128: ah, right, nautilus search10:21
pitti^ those are our gnome-utils right now10:21
pittidropping search10:21
seb128pitti, gnome-screenshot is its own source in fact10:22
seb128but yeah10:22
seb128pitti, thanks10:22
pitti- * (vinagre)10:23
seb128pitti, they made standalone components for gnome-utils this cycle, I only bothered packaging gnome-screenshot though since the other ones didn't get any activity worth getting the new version10:23
pitti+ * (remmina)10:23
pittiremmina recommends: remmina-plugin-rdp, remmina-plugin-vnc10:23
pittiso that should suffice10:23
pittiseb128: right, I meant "what used to be -utils"10:23
tkamppeterpitti, can you upload cups-filters into Debian and Ubuntu? Thanks.10:24
seb128pitti, right ;-)10:25
pittitkamppeter: any chance to get a simple texttops back for the release critical bug?10:26
tkamppeterpitti, will do so and release as 1.0.1 upstream.10:27
chrisccoulsonhmmm, i definitely need to get a lock for this door10:27
pittitkamppeter: should I wait for this to avoid two debian uploads in a row?10:28
tkamppeterpitti, OK, wait for that.10:28
ricotzseb128, while looking at g-c-c and g-s-d could you drop Makefile.in from patches?10:40
seb128ricotz, is that creating issues?10:40
ricotzseb128, this cleans the patch a bit and an autoreconf it done anyway10:40
seb128ricotz, ok10:40
ricotzseb128, do you know if joss has a running gdm in debian since it is in the svn10:41
seb128ricotz, not sure, ask him on #debian-gnome I guess10:42
ricotzah, didnt recall the nickname ;)10:43
pittiSweetshark: hey Bjoern, wie gehts?11:03
pittiSweetshark: the "libreoffice" metapackage depends: libreoffice-report-builder-bin, but report-builder was dropped, so these pacakges don't exist any more; can you please drop the dep?11:05
seb128hum, could people stop spamming the desktop list with weird discussions? ;-)11:17
chrisccoulsonyeah, i was thinking the same thing too11:17
chrisccoulsonyou know when somebody references a scene from borat the discussion has lost all hope of ever being useful11:22
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
pittirickspencer3: finally! http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/precise_probs.html12:18
pittiSweetshark: did you get my ping from earlier about the binfilter depends?12:25
Sweetsharkpitti: yes, I try to reenable building report-builder, just to see if it works.12:27
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
Sweetsharkpitti: I guess that would require a FFE even if it would build *confused* (the FFE definitions dont map well to the libreoffice a-whole-distro-in-one-source-package world)12:28
pittiSweetshark: hm, we had it before, though12:29
pittiseb128: do you happen to know about packaging lightdm-gtk-greeter?12:29
seb128pitti, being done by Debian, I will sync once it's uploaded12:29
seb128pitti, I can have a look to not wait on Debian this week if you want to but not today12:29
seb128pitti, it's mostly ready in the pkg-xfce vcs in Debian12:29
seb128pitti, http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-xfce/goodies/trunk/lightdm-gtk-greeter/debian/12:30
pittiseb128: ah, thanks12:34
seb128pitti, ideally somebody from xubuntu or lubuntu who step up to maintain that greeter12:35
seb128since they use it and we don't...12:35
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
Sweetsharkpitti: seems like some on the needed deps for report-builder got demoted to universe :(13:32
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
pittiSweetshark: don't worry, we'll re-promote it once it needs it again13:41
Sweetsharkbug 919659 <- oh, great. lets just kill 3.4 and backport 3.5 ...13:46
ubot2`Launchpad bug 919659 in libreoffice "[Downstream] Can't open/save spreadsheet with password" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91965913:46
jbichagood morning13:50
pittihey jbicha, how are you?13:51
jbichaI'm doing good, how was your weekend?13:53
pittijbicha: it was really nice13:54
jbicharemmina forgot to install its desktop file, it's fixed in trunk now though13:55
seb128jbicha, hey14:00
seb128jbicha, your g-s-d work, did you start on changes for the new version there or only merging on Debian?14:00
jbichaseb128: I did both14:03
seb128jbicha, hum, ok :-(14:03
seb128jbicha, I don't want to increase diff by mixing a debian merge with the update, I will pick bits out of your work and rebase manually then14:04
kenvandinewow the archive is slow today... been downloading updates for 30m this morning14:12
kenvandineyou'd think it was release day :)14:12
chrisccoulsonhmmm, my neck really isn't used to looking to the left14:15
chrisccoulsonperhaps i shouldn't have rearranged my desk ;)14:15
pittichrisccoulson: noone's neck is -- the monitor should be right in front of you14:15
chrisccoulsonpitti - oh, my primary screen is. but the laptop screen + dock are on the left14:15
chrisccoulsonthey used to be on the right, but that's where i also have my mouse14:16
chrisccoulsonso i thought i'd try moving the dock so that i have more room14:16
chrisccoulsonit feels a bit weird though14:16
didrocksm4n1sh: hey, how are you?14:18
=== davidcalle_ is now known as davidcalle
mterryseb128, pitti: Why did we re-enable indicators for the fallback session?  That will challenge some assumptions elsewhere about whether Unity==indicators (e.g. the way we swap in our date/time panel for upstream's)14:29
seb128gnome-panel (1:3.3.5-0ubuntu2) precise; urgency=low14:30
seb128  * debian/patches/41_classic_layout.patch:14:30
seb128    - Change the defaults to be more "classic Ubuntu": Show indicators14:30
seb128      & show desktop, drop GNOME clock & notification area (LP: #846378)14:30
seb128mterry, jbicha did it14:30
seb128mterry, I've no strong opinion either way14:30
seb128mterry, hey btw, had a good w.e? ;-)14:30
mterryI also thought we were trying to not modify the upstream experience14:30
pittimterry: err, we did?14:31
mterryseb128, yeah, it was good  :)14:31
pittimterry: I think we should not have any indicators in gnome-shell or gnome-panel14:31
mterrypitti, I tend to agree14:31
seb128pitti, cf the changelog I just copied14:31
pittiright, I think we should revert that14:31
seb128I've no strong opinion, jbicha and ricotz are in charge of GNOME upstream experience ;-)14:31
pittijbicha: ^ opinion?14:31
seb128pitti, well he's the one who did the change so I guess he's in favor of it14:32
pittijbicha: I'd rather ship a real upstream experience now14:32
mterryseb128, yar but he may not be aware of the consequences14:32
seb128I'm unsure, people updating for lucid would probably like to still get their gnome-panel session similar to what they are used to14:32
pittijbicha: we don't really test indicators and other ubuntu-isms in gnome upstream, so we better not modify it too much?14:32
mterryjbicha, just FYI, other parts of the desktop now detect whether they are in Unity or not to expose indicator preferences14:32
seb128mterry, well what you say that is that we shouldn't have added indicator-applet back14:33
seb128in the archive14:33
pittiwe even removed it, didn't we?14:33
mterryOh, I guess14:33
seb128pitti, because it was not ported to GNOME314:33
mterryThat's my biggest concern, yeah14:33
pittino, because we (well, seems "only some of us") didn't really want it back14:33
seb128well, on the other side quite some people like gnome-panel with indicators14:33
mterryseb128, have them email GNOME to add it.  ;)14:33
seb128well we have indicator-applet and it's working14:34
mterryAh, but it's not quite.  Users have no way to modify some of the settings14:34
pittiand now we don't have a real gnome any more14:34
seb128it's about time we really fork gnome-control-center14:34
seb128we stack hacks on hacks between sessions14:34
seb128we should have an ubuntu-control-center and a gnome-control-center14:35
seb128but that's a discussion for next cycle ;-)14:35
seb128pitti, well gnome-shell is real GNOME14:35
mterryseb128, perhaps.  But then to fix this, we'd be talking about swapping out the control center for the fallback session.  Which gets us further from the GNOME experience.14:35
seb128ok, I'm out of this discussion14:35
seb128I don't think gnome-panel is worth the time we are loosing discussing it14:36
mterryseb128, care to talk about keyboard indicators instead?14:36
seb128mterry, I'm happy to talk keyboard ;-)14:36
mterryI don't get the no-keyboard-indicator bug you see.  So I'm not sure if I'm doing the same thing as you14:36
seb128mterry, sorry for the list spam, I should draft emails rather than just commit after each step of testing :p14:36
seb128mterry, the user switching one? or the "in session indicator"?14:36
mterryThe in-session indicator one14:36
seb128mterry, my switch to workspace <n> keybindings are broken as well with your update14:37
seb128so something is broken with g-s-d14:37
seb128I tried to --debug run it but I didn't see anything obvious14:37
mterryseb128, ??14:37
mterryseb128, hmm.  sounds like maybe it's blocking on something?  Never gets to the point where it can show keyboard indicator or handle events14:38
seb128mterry, well I've alt-1 for switch to ws1 for example, with the g-s-d from the ppa that stopped working14:38
mterryseb128, like if it couldn't get a response from accountsservice when it tried to tell it about your layouts?14:38
seb128so I'm wondering if there is an issue leading to some plugins not loading14:38
seb128mterry, could be yes14:39
mterryMy patch is real small.  It's just calling accountsservice calls (but doing so synchronously)14:39
mterryseb128, can you double-confirm you have the accountsservice from the PPA?14:39
seb128mterry, do you use the gir?14:40
seb128ii  accountsservice                           0.6.15-2ubuntu4+keyboard1                    query and manipulate user account information14:40
seb128ii  gir1.2-accountsservice-1.0                0.6.15-2ubuntu4                              GObject introspection data for AccountService14:40
seb128ii  libaccountsservice0                       0.6.15-2ubuntu4+keyboard1                    query and manipulate user account information - shared libraries14:40
seb128 14:40
seb128seems I didn't update the gir14:40
seb128could it break stuff?14:40
mterryNo, shouldn't...  it doesn't use the gir14:40
* kenvandine wishes robert_ancell was online for a hug, he cleaned up all the compiler warnings in gwibber :)14:40
kenvandineand he started a branch with bake :)14:41
seb128mterry, gdb on it seems to indicate it's not blocked14:42
seb128#1  0x00b05020 in __GI___poll (fds=0x9c5f590, nfds=10, timeout=3999)14:42
seb128    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/poll.c:8714:42
seb128#2  0x007d280b in g_poll (fds=0x9c5f590, nfds=10, timeout=3999)14:42
seb128    at /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.31.16/./glib/gpoll.c:13214:42
seb128#3  0x007c4dde in g_main_context_poll (n_fds=10, fds=0x9c5f590,14:42
seb128 14:42
mterryseb128, curious...  my patch seems so harmless besides the possibility of blocking: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/92613030/gnome-settings-daemon_3.2.2-0ubuntu15_3.2.2-0ubuntu15%2Bkeyboard1.diff.gz14:43
mterryAnd it's not just crashing for you it sounds like14:43
seb128mterry, ok, scrap the "keybindings are not working"14:44
seb128mterry, they seem to work, maybe I had the wrong layout and didn't notice since the indicator is not showing14:44
mterryah, heh14:44
seb128mterry, but you got the indicator to show?14:44
mterryseb128, yeah.  I have 4 layouts configured, and I see the indicator14:45
seb128d-feet returns what seems the right keymaps list14:45
* mterry wonders how widespread this is; needs another tester14:46
mterrydidrocks, heyo!14:50
jbichahave y'all tried default gnome-panel without the indicators? it's pretty horrible, the battery icon does nothing, it doesn't scroll well, and so on14:50
* mterry waves to jbicha14:51
jbichamterry: hi!14:51
kenvandinejbicha, nope, only with the indicators :)14:51
seb128$ gsettings get org.gnome.libgnomekbd.keyboard layouts14:51
seb128['de', 'fr\toss']14:51
seb128mterry, so that seems correct...14:51
mterryjbicha, I just wanted to make sure that it was understood  that the preferences for the indicators don't show outside of Unity14:52
jbichamterry: :( well at least it looks prettier14:53
mterryseb128, and you proved that g-s-d is not blocked with gdb... If you add a layout, does accountsservice reflect that over DBus?14:53
didrockshey mterry :)14:53
mterryseb128, (the XKeyboardLayouts attribute)14:54
jbichaI think we really need a separate OnlyShowIn: value for GNOME Classic than for Shell14:54
seb128mterry, it does14:55
mterryseb128, so that means my patch in g-s-d is doing its job.  Just somewhere along the line the indicator got lost14:55
mterrydidrocks, can you do me a favor and try the keyboard packages from the desktop PPA?14:56
seb128mterry, I can easily trigger the issue if you need help debugging, like I "sudo apt-get install gnome-settings-daemon=3.2.2-0ubuntu15" and restart g-s-d and I get an indicator14:56
mterrydidrocks, I want to see if this is a French thing or not  :)14:56
seb128I use the ppa and restart g-s-d and I get none14:56
didrocksmterry: sure, you meant, the g-s-d here?14:57
mterrydidrocks, there are four packages, accountsservice, g-s-d, lightdm, unity-greeter14:57
mterrydidrocks, and then you have to log out and back in twice.  :)14:57
mterrydidrocks, might just be easier to dist-upgrade rather than pick them out14:57
didrocksmterry: ok, that can wait for ~ half an hour?14:58
mterrydidrocks, sure14:59
mterrydidrocks, no rush, thanks!14:59
didrockswill do :)14:59
mterrytedg, did you get a chance to look at my indicator-power patch?  I wanted to distro-patch it in for FF, but would feel better if I could say "backported from trunk" in the changelog  :)14:59
seb128mterry, I'm pretty puzzled at why your diff would break anything...15:00
tedgmterry, Yeah, I saw it, I'm not sure if it conflicts with charles' patch though.15:00
tedgmterry, I haven't looked at the two together yet.15:00
mterryseb128, me too  :-/15:01
mterrycharles' patch, eh?  /me looks15:01
seb128mterry, can you confirm one of the other issues I reported at least? ;-)15:01
mterryseb128, heh, sure.  let me try the switch user one15:01
mterryseb128, also, I tried switching layouts in the greeter and I wasn't able to log in anymore.  So for me, it seems layout switching is working15:02
mterryseb128, wish there was a place to type that let you see what you were typing15:03
seb128mterry, hum ok, anyway none of those seem blocker for an upload so maybe get that in precise and let's see what bugs come15:03
mterryseb128, the indicator one is kinda bad15:03
seb128mterry, can't you enable back the "other" in some config way?15:03
seb128for nfs,ldap logins15:03
mterryseb128, other?15:03
seb128mterry, the entry that let you type an username15:03
seb128mterry, isn't that required for i.e ldap logins?15:04
mterryseb128, oh right.  no?  not sure what happened to that, but haven't seen it in a while.  let me check cde15:04
seb128I used to type in that field to see what I typed15:04
seb128mterry, it was disabled by default, but I'm pretty sure that respect a config, like show user list15:04
seb128mterry, http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-greeter-team/unity-greeter/trunk/revision/23615:05
seb128mterry, the check is easy to ack away at least for testing15:05
seb128-if (greeter.hide_users_hint)15:05
seb128I guess15:05
mterryseb128, or greeter-hide-users=true in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf15:07
seb128mterry, well then I guess you loose your users to test what config reading15:07
seb128it would only list the username,password prompt in that case?15:08
mterryseb128, I think so?  Let me try.  Not sure I have the absolute correct syntax yet15:08
seb128mterry, well that's what I would think the option do, hide your users15:08
seb128that might not be good for testing15:09
seb128I guess easier is to do a local build and show the chars in the password entry15:09
ronocmvo, ping15:10
mterryseb128, hrm.  I also don't get the switch-user behavior you describe.  When you switch users, does the user list have to scroll to get to your name?15:10
mterryseb128, why not good for testing?15:10
seb128mterry, no, I think the greeter is spawned with that user selected15:10
mterryseb128, yar, but for me, it animates scrolling to the user.  Does it do that for you?15:11
seb128mterry, vt switching sucks too much there, by the time I see the greeter it's already rendered, if it had to do an animation I don't see it15:11
seb128mterry, what user is selected by default?15:11
seb128mterry, the user I tested happens to be the first in the list15:11
seb128if that makes a difference15:11
seb128so no scrolling needed15:11
seb128mterry, that's maybe a corner case if the user selected for switching is the default one15:12
ronocmvo, the dependency problem with apt-get install libpackagekit-glib2-dev15:12
mterryseb128, yup, if it scrolls, no bug.  But I do get it for first user15:12
seb128mterry, I'm building a g-s-d locally with your patch and some printfs, let's see how that goes15:13
mterryseb128, it's not the default one, but the first alphabetically15:13
ronocmvo, is preventing it from being released into precise15:13
seb128mterry, right15:13
seb128mterry, ok, good, so you can at least confirm this one ;-)15:13
mterrynow let me try disabling chars15:13
mterryseb128, oh, I bet it looks horrible too for you!  I didn't put the light-themes changes in the PPA15:13
seb128mterry, it looks weird but I didn't stop at cosmetic issues, it's not uif yet ;-)15:14
mterrystill, gotta have all the bling one can get15:14
seb128mterry, hum, in fact I had only one glitch15:14
mvoronoc: the dependency problem that it pulls in packagekit itself?15:14
seb128mterry, we got a light-themes snapshot recently, I think it includes the theming work Cimi did15:14
seb128mterry, or was there extra tweaks since?15:15
ronocmvo, that's the one15:15
mterryseb128, no, don't think that includes his lightdm tweaks15:16
mterryoh it does, just in a different place...15:17
seb128mterry, wtf15:17
mterryso now i have to wonder how to get it to apply...15:17
seb128mterry, so your ppa package rebuild locally works...is there any chance the i386 ppa build built with the old accountsservice and that's creating issues or something15:17
mterryseb128, I can't see how...  doesn't need its headers or dbus api or anything beforehand15:18
mvoronoc: if the python-packagekit recommends get lowered to suggests, that should be all that is needed to fix it15:18
mterryseb128, does it also fix the switching layouts issue?  :)  /me hopes15:19
seb128mterry, on the greeter? I can't tell, I don't want to reboot now15:19
ronocmvo, ok  probably doesn't make a difference but  for the record I'm not using python15:19
didrocksseiflotfy: do you kow if m4n1sh will get around soon? I think we need an activity-log-manager release with the COPYING issue fixed if we want to push it to main (and preferably the gtk warning/treeview issues fixed as well)15:19
seb128mterry, I lost your lightdm changes when I fixed lightdm yesterday and didn't restart since I got the new update from the ppa so I'm running the archive version15:20
ronocmvo, it would be nice to get this today, any chance you could fix that and kenvandine can try the release again15:20
mterryseb128, no problem.  all that's needed is liblightdm-gobject, so just having unity-greeter restart is enough15:20
seb128mterry, ok, that I can try15:21
m4n1shdidrocks: back. so it is not pushed in main yet?15:23
m4n1shdidrocks: since it is uploaded to repos, so is FF applicable?15:23
seb128mterry, yeah, that fixed it15:23
m4n1shsince this release is bug fix15:23
seb128mterry, so dunno wth with the ppa build15:23
didrocksm4n1sh: no, but putting in main requires to meet the FF15:24
m4n1shoh noes15:24
didrocksm4n1sh: and there is no official release with the fixed copyright file, so I can't ask for a MIR15:24
didrocksm4n1sh: as you have that in trunk, can you cut a release with it?15:25
m4n1shI fixed COPYING, the binary name issue15:25
didrocksm4n1sh: I'll push and harass mterry so that he can review the MIR15:25
m4n1shbut there are two open bugs15:25
didrocksgreat :)15:25
didrockshum, which ones?15:25
didrocks(the desktop files are fixed)15:25
m4n1shi checked it in a VM15:25
m4n1shtwo bug fixes are about application tab15:25
m4n1shi can fix it now15:26
m4n1shwhich leads to crash15:26
m4n1shand other in history tab, which is mostly about wrong error messages15:26
didrocksm4n1sh: ok, tell me when you will have processed the release then :)15:26
m4n1shtrying in 2 hrs15:26
didrocksthanks :)15:26
mterryseb128, OK, with your manual build then, the only bug is the user-switching one?  That's not bad15:26
seb128mterry, yes15:27
m4n1shparallel clothes washing and bug fixing.. oh boy15:27
seb128mterry, I feel uneasy about the ppa build stuff though15:27
seb128mterry, did you try g-s-d from the ppa or your local build?15:27
mterryseb128, I'm currently on the PPA15:27
mterryseb128, no break that I can see15:27
seb128mterry, though I don't understand how the ppa could make any difference15:27
mvoronoc: let me talk to ximion (in #Packagekit) about the best course of action then I can do  aupload15:28
ronocmvo, thanks15:28
seb128mterry, there are some warnings like /build/buildd/gnome-settings-daemon-3.2.2/plugins/keyboard/gsd-keyboard-manager.c:130: warning: undefined reference to `XkbKeysymToModifiers'15:28
mterryseb128, oh wait!  I just killed gnome-settings-daemon and got your bug15:28
seb128but that's nothing that could create that...15:28
mterryseb128, so maybe I was on a local build after all and just now switched to the PPA one15:29
seb128mterry, ok, so ppa is b0rked, next question: "why"?15:29
mvoronoc: did you see the reply from glatzor? that sounded encouraging, didn't it?15:29
mterryseb128, I will start a rebuild and at least see if it's a Heisenberg15:29
ronocmvo, yep just responding now. I have already done everything he suggested, will do the renaming/refactoring object name after FF15:30
mvoronoc: cool - so that leaves some bugs, right? i.e. you don't always see signals?15:32
ronocmvo, no I think it's fine15:33
ronocmvo, afaict from my testing last week it seemed good to go15:33
ronocmvo, it's the packaging15:33
seb128mterry, ok, got it15:35
ronocmvo, mpt agreed to drop the requirement to represent 'updates installing'15:35
ronocthat made my life a hell of alot easier15:35
ronoci.e. didn't have to bother with transactions15:35
seb128mterry, easy one ;-)15:35
mterryseb128, oh good!15:35
seb128mterry, the ppa build has "App indicator support:    no"15:35
seb128mterry, I think something with the recent transitions15:36
mterrywhy....  h,15:36
mterryOK, so on that theory, the rebuild will be better15:36
seb128mterry, I wonder if it works locally because I still have an old lib or something15:36
mterryOh, you think it needs a configure.ac change15:36
mvoronoc: ok, new PK is uploaded15:38
pittididrocks: impressive compiz changelog!15:38
mvoronoc: aha, nice to hear :)15:38
didrockspitti: 4 months of upstream work :)15:38
mterryseb128, part of the configure script is checking for the gtk2 version, part is checking for the gtk3 one15:38
ronocmvo, sweet thanks a mill :)15:38
ronockenvandine, ^^15:38
ronocsession restart brb15:39
kenvandinemvo, ronoc: thx15:39
mvoyou know what I mean :)15:40
seb128mterry, I don't get why it worked before15:41
mterryseb128, OK, I have a keyboard3 packaging building in PPA that I will ping you to try later.  Should fix the indicator thing15:41
seb128mterry, in auto case it checks for the gtk2 version15:41
mterryseb128, a dep probably pulled in libappindicator-dev15:41
seb128mterry, yeah, must be15:42
seb128mterry, thanks!15:42
seb128mterry, I'm glad we sorted it ;-)15:42
mterryme too15:42
* mterry now looks at theming problem15:42
* mterry wishes things would stay fixed15:42
seb128mterry, oh, I know what changed15:43
seb128mterry, the gtk3 indicator-dev used to depends on the gtk2 one since they had the .h common for both version15:43
seb128mterry, that got fixed last week, they each have their .h now15:44
seb128ok, great, mystery solved ;-)15:44
mterryThat doesn't seem right (sharing a .h).  But I probably did that patch originally...  My bad  :)15:44
* seb128 back to updating g-s-d to 3.315:44
seb128stupid question15:46
pittimvo: hm, I don't understand your packagekit change -- shouldn't packages which need the API depend on PK | aptdaemon-pkcompat?15:46
seb128but how do I bzr bd-do to refresh my patches nowadays?15:46
pittiseb128: you mean in an UDD branch?15:46
seb128it refuses to log me into the shell because one patch fails to apply ... which is exactly why I want to log in, to refresh it15:46
seb128pitti, no, ubuntu-desktop debian only types15:47
seb128bzr bd-do fails because one of the patches doesn't apply15:47
seb128how do I refresh patches then?15:47
seb128I guess that's rather an #ubuntu-devel question15:47
pittihm, I don't see a --dont-apply-patches-dammit option15:48
pittiseb128: you could manually unpack the tarballs with tar xf ../foo.tar.bz --str=115:48
pittirefresh the patches, and then "bzr clean-tree --ignored --unknown" again15:48
pittibut again, eww15:48
seb128pitti, well I'm rm debian/patches/series; bzr bd-do; bzr revert debian/patches/series15:48
seb128but that sucks15:48
seb128well rather comment the patches from the serie and uncomment15:49
seb128but that's ridiculously stupid to do ;-)15:49
pittimvo: oh, it's for the library, I see15:50
mterrytedg, ah, I see his branch.  I think I like mine slightly better, but I'm probably just being biased.  I don't care which gets implemented, but that decision should probably happen soon, because I don't want to distro-patch the wrong one and end up with a dead-end gsettings value15:53
* tedg sets up the octagon ... mterry, charles_, fight!15:58
tedgOf course I mean the octagon of love.  This is a family IRC channel.15:59
mterrytedg, yeah, I would think instead of an octagon, we hug it out in the circle of friends15:59
didrocksseb128: you can bzr bd-do16:01
didrockswait it to fail16:01
didrockscd ../build-area/<your_project>16:01
didrocksquilt push/pop whatever you need16:01
didrocksand cp the patch…16:01
seb128didrocks, I like my edit series still better :p16:02
seb128at least it copies all the diff over for me16:02
seb128but thanks ;-)16:02
didrocksyw ;)16:02
didrocksmterry: ok, ready now, too longer than expected16:02
didrocksmterry: so, you want me to dist-upgrade from the ubuntu-desktop and try lightdm/keybindings?16:02
tedgjono, I think mterry has found a new UDS activity... we set up a circle of friends, get those blow up sumo suits, and we use it to decide "hard conversations"16:03
mterrydidrocks, hold off on that for a sec16:03
mterrydidrocks, new package building16:03
mterrytedg, heh16:04
mterrydidrocks, what's that mean?  :)16:05
jonotedg, lol16:06
mterryIs amd64 in bad shape in the archive?  getting various unmet dependencies16:06
didrocksmterry: I hold up my arms, don't touch the keyboard anymore :)16:06
seb128didrocks, we figured the issue so there is less need for another tester16:06
didrocksah great :)16:06
tedgmterry, Woodpecker has put a whole in his tree, away from keyboard to get shotgun.16:06
mvopitti: yeah, just the libs to avoid that they pull in pk16:06
mterrytedg, heh16:06
mterryseb128, you on i386?  that build succeeded16:07
seb128mterry, yes16:07
=== charles_ is now known as charles
mterrytry keyboard316:07
seb128mterry, but I'm pretty sure that was the indicator stuff being disabled16:07
seb128mterry, you would feel better if I try the update from the ppa still? ;-)16:07
charlesmterry, tedg: I don't mind which branch gets used, I kind of like my branch o/c :)16:07
mterryseb128, yeah  :)  This one says "App indicator support:    yes" so just want to confirm it works16:08
charlesI thought I marked the ticket as "in progress" though -- I'm not sure why the duplication of effort happened?16:08
seb128mterry, ok, I will test it, but only because it's you! ;-)16:08
mterrycharles, this is why we need sumo suits!  Yeah, sorry, I had the work item from UDS, but I never saw the bug16:08
charlesis there something else I needed to do to flag the ticket to avoid duplication? :)16:08
charlesmterry: ah, ok16:08
mterrycharles, just that the bug and blueprint never got connected16:09
mterrytedg, check his branch first, since I'm pretty sure this was my mistake and it looks like his branch fixes some other stuff too?  :)16:10
seb128mterry, hum, I wonder why the amd64 builders are unhappy16:13
pittiseb128: failing on build depends?16:14
pittimight be the fontconfig upload16:14
charlesI think I like my branch a little better since it binds directly to the gsettings. mterry's is a smaller patch though, and should work, so they're both good16:14
pittifontconfig is built on all arches, so I hope it'll clear up in some 20 mins16:14
pittiif it's not that, I need to dig deeper16:15
seb128pitti, seems to be16:15
seb128pitti, danke16:15
seb128mterry, I'm an happy man again, thanks ;-)16:15
seb128(the ppa build works fine)16:16
mterryseb128, yay!16:16
mterryso I'll push once I figure the theme.  Can fix the scrolling thing later, I think I know what that is anyway16:16
Sweetsharkpitti: how come that even though: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libxml-openoffice.org there is no libxml-java-openoffice.org to be found in my pbuilder?16:23
Sweetshark(and yes, I added a universe line the sources.list)16:25
pittiseb128: precise_probs back to normal, now mostly compiz-y stuff16:27
seb128pitti, great, thanks16:27
pittiSweetshark: it existed until oneiric, not in precise any more16:27
Sweetsharkpitti: ugh, doh!16:28
Sweetsharkpitti: I keep mixing up release names again and again.16:28
pittiSweetshark: ^ It was removed from Debian and we followed suit16:29
pittiit had no reverse dependencies any more16:29
pittiSweetshark: if we need it back, we can reintroduce it16:29
pittibut it does smell pretty stale16:30
Sweetsharkno, actually we need the "libxml-java" source package from debian ...16:31
pitticompiz failing on many arches doesn't help installability, of course16:31
pittiSweetshark: ah, fun; that was also removed a while ago, so it's back now?16:31
pittiSweetshark: syncing16:32
Sweetsharkpitti: yes, that and a bunchload of other java-related stuff16:32
ricotzSweetshark, hey, this doesnt sound like fun having it backported to lucid :\16:33
pittiSweetshark: ah, needed unblacklisting (done now), that needs some time to propagate16:33
pittiSweetshark: I'll sync it tomorrow16:34
Sweetsharkricotz: disable reportbuilder then?16:35
Sweetsharkpitti: same for the flute source package, I guess?16:36
pittiSweetshark: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flute/+changelog16:36
pittithat should be published16:36
pittiSweetshark: but it's in universe16:36
pittiSweetshark: it's new, so needs an MIR if you need it16:37
Sweetsharkpitti: ah, right. then there is is source pentaho-reporting-flow-engine, which seems to be missing from precise16:38
pittiDeleted in karmic-release (Reason: renamed to pentaho-reporting-flow-engine-openoffice.org)16:38
pittiSweetshark: unblacklisted, added to sync TODO list16:39
Sweetsharkpitti: and source liblayout also missing from precise16:40
ricotzSweetshark, i noticed this conversation, so havent actually looked at it yet16:40
ronocmterry, hey16:41
ronocjust trying to apply a patch to lightdm at the mo16:41
pittiSweetshark: added to TODO16:41
mterryronoc, ok16:41
ronocmterry, I get this http://paste.ubuntu.com/840568/16:41
ronocfrom unity-greeter trunk16:41
pittiSweetshark: similar ones are jcommon-serializer, flute-1.3-jfree, librepository, libformula, libfonts-java16:41
ronocmterry, I have installed lightdm from the desktop ppa16:41
Sweetsharkpitti: I need librepository, libformula and libfonts too.16:42
ronocmterry, should i branch from your branch to apply the patch there16:42
pittiSweetshark: libformula sounds like a similar case16:42
ronocit's a small patch16:42
ronocmterry, will not conflict with your work16:42
mterryronoc, I fixed that already...16:42
pittiSweetshark: libfonts-java is not in Debian again16:42
ronochence why i would like to do from trunk16:42
mterryshould be in unity-greeter trunk16:42
ronocok ill pull again16:42
mterryronoc, let me doulbe-confirm16:43
pittiSweetshark: sorry, mis-looked16:43
mterryronoc, sorry, I think I forgot to push  :(  Will do so now16:43
ronocmterry, sound16:44
Sweetsharkpitti: and MIR for libbase16:44
pittiSweetshark: so, flute-1.3-jfree again?16:44
mterryronoc, done16:46
ronocmterry, thanks16:46
ronocmterry, compiling now fine, thanks16:47
Sweetsharkpitti: http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/flute16:48
pittiSweetshark: ack16:49
pittigood night everyone!16:49
Sweetsharkpitti: hey there! dont leave, without a big "thank you!"16:52
Sweetsharkpitti: ;)16:52
Sweetsharkpitti: four more: pentaho-reporting-flow-engine needs a sync and sacjava, libserializer and libbase a MIR17:02
=== fenris is now known as Guest17978
desrtDBO: hey.  how persistent are bamfwindow structs?17:25
desrtdo they drop when i unref them or do they drop when the window stops existing?17:25
lifelessRAOF: pastebin the confi, let me see.17:37
didrockshave a good evening everyone18:07
m4n1shseb128: there?18:24
seb128m4n1sh, yes18:24
m4n1shI am getting this issue at console18:25
m4n1shGtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1: Entity did not end with a semicolon; most likely you used an ampersand character without intending to start an entity - escape ampersand as &amp;18:25
m4n1shI see a lot of bugs with this warning18:25
m4n1shis it some issue with Gtk or the code?18:25
seb128m4n1sh, the code18:25
seb128you don't properly escape strings you use in a markup function18:25
m4n1shyou mean set_markup ?18:25
seb128it's like if you had invalid html syntax in an html document18:25
seb128m4n1sh, well any label which is in markup format yes18:26
seb128m4n1sh, gtk_set_label_markup for example18:26
seb128mterry, wb!18:26
mterryseb128, heh, went for lunch and forgot to re-launch IRC18:27
mterryseb128, did I miss anything?18:27
m4n1shseb128: yes. Looking at any such18:27
seb128mterry, you missed me looking for you ;-)18:27
mterryseb128, what's up?18:27
seb128mterry, so...18:27
seb128mterry, when do you plan to update those ppa versions of yours? at least accountsservice and g-s-d18:28
mterryseb128, you mean upload?18:28
mterryseb128, I just uploaded accountsservice and lightdm18:28
seb128mterry, I've a g-s-d 3.3.5 test package I want to push to the ppa which needs to go with an unity-greeter upload18:28
seb128mterry, but I'm trying to avoid too much different testing versions around so I would like yours to be mainlined first18:28
mterryseb128, fixed the switch-user thing btw18:28
mterryseb128, right.   I'm mainlining them now.  I can push g-s-d and will roll a release of unity-greeter 0.2.1 and push it in18:29
seb128great, thanks18:29
mterryseb128, will ping you when done18:29
seb128mterry, I'm pondering trying to get you to rush a small fix in 0.2.1 ;-)18:29
mterryseb128, OK, shoot18:30
seb128mterry, so, small issue which becomes a problem thanks to desrt18:30
seb128g-s-d 3.3 renamed org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.wacom to org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.gsdwacom18:31
mterryseb128, ah, easy fix.  sure18:31
seb128which of course leads unity-greeter to abort18:31
seb128mterry, well, easy "fix", I plan to do an upload with the rename in the ppa18:31
mterryseb128, man, why would they make that change...18:31
seb128mterry, the real fix would be make settings-daemon.vala check if schemas exist before trying to use them18:32
seb128to avoid any exit on broken schemas18:32
seb128mterry, yeah, that's a stupid thing to do to start with, thanks bastien...18:32
seb128mterry, don't bother for that version, I will use a breaks and do an unity-greeter matching upload18:33
mterryseb128, but if I'm going to mainline 0.2.1... why bother fixing it in PPA?18:33
seb128mterry, because g-s-d 3.3 is a to test, we stayed on 3.2 until now18:33
seb128and you will hit the opposite problem if you upload the rename with g-s-d 3.218:33
seb128the name will mismatch the other way around18:33
seb128the real fix would be to skip invalid schemas18:33
mterryseb128, right.  So what's the fix you want in 0.2.1?  the skip invalid?18:33
seb128if possible18:34
mterryseb128, so I can certainly do that, but there will still need to be some coordination for the release, else gsdwacom will suddenly be enabled in unity-greeter.  But regardless of that, I suppose it makes sense to avoid an abort18:35
seb128mterry, well you could list both if we don't abort on missing schemas ;-)18:35
mterryseb128, oh yeah.  :)18:36
mterryThat's TWO changes seb12818:36
seb128mterry, you know how to do the "handle missing schemas"?18:36
mterryI believe so18:36
seb128basically it should be check if the schemas is in  g_settings_list_schemas ();18:36
seb128if not skip it18:36
seb128mterry, ok, since that's 2 changes you win 2 beers if you get that in your upload ;-)18:37
mterryI have to list all?  Is this some plot of desrt's to discourage people from doing this crap?18:37
seb128mterry, yeah, I believe so :-(18:38
cyphermoxseb128: re webkit, did you test the linker flags that are supposed to help? fwiw I tried --no-keep-memory and bluez builds locally, with a ulimit -Hv 370000018:38
mterryseb128, he should have made it harder to rename schemas then18:38
cyphermoxseb128: seems to peek at around 2.7 G memory or so when linking libwebkitgtk18:38
seb128cyphermox, bluez?18:39
cyphermoxseb128: ignore me, I just noticed I did something incredibly stupid in testing this18:39
cyphermoxseb128: what about bluez?18:39
seb128cyphermox, no I didn't yet, I delayed that to after ff18:39
seb128cyphermox, you wrote "--no-keep-memory and bluez builds locally"18:39
mterryseb128, there's also g_settings_schema_source_lookup18:39
cyphermoxseb128: thinko. :)18:39
seb128mterry, it's not on http://developer.gnome.org/gio/unstable/GSettings.html ?18:40
seb128cyphermox, I didn't try yet in any case, it picks a bit over 3g without it, but your testing is appreciated18:41
mterryseb128, http://developer.gnome.org/gio/unstable/gio-GSettingsSchema-GSettingsSchemaSource.html18:41
seb128cyphermox, you say the testing is not correct? let me know if you try again18:41
cyphermoxseb128: I will in a minute18:41
seb128mterry, oh ok, thanks18:41
cyphermoxseb128: let me know if I can spare cycles again to help with this18:41
seb128cyphermox, well if you want to help you are most than welcome18:42
cyphermoxthe issue is that I was building on amd64 instead of i38618:42
seb128you should still see if the option helps there I guess18:43
seb128jbicha, ricotz: ok, I've a working g-s-d 3.3.5 with a fixed unity-greeter, I will upload to ppa, do a bug with details for review, email etc later18:44
seb128jbicha, ricotz: I'm waiting first for mterry to clear up the ppa and upload his g-s-d and unity-greeter to precise18:44
mterryseb128, you need the new unity-greeter specifically?  I can update g-s-d now, but will have to squeeze in some changes for unity-greeter (am going to try to fix the drag-window-by-menubar too18:45
sil2100I would like to test out https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz-core/+bug/86447818:46
ubot2`Launchpad bug 864478 in unity "Window shading is broken" [High,Fix released]18:46
seb128mterry, not if you are fine with me upload unity-greeter in the ppa with wacom->gsdwacom stuff to get with my gsd18:46
sil2100The description there says to modify '/apps/compiz-1/gwd/titlebar_action', but I don't see that in gconf settings18:46
seb128mterry, just be careful to not sneak the rename in the archive later on18:46
seb128sil2100, try #ubuntu-unity18:46
seb128sil2100, didrocks called it a day and nobody else has been looking at those issues, you have a better chance with the unity,compiz guys on #ubuntu-unity18:47
seb128sil2100, #ubuntu-unity is the right channel for unity question anyway since that's where you will find the people working on the code18:47
mterryseb128, that's fine.  I don't need further testing for unity-greeter in the PPA18:47
seb128mterry, ok, thanks18:47
mterryseb128, so I'll update g-s-d now then in archive18:48
seb128mterry, I'm out for dinner, if you upload your g-s-d version to precise I will upload mine later18:48
seb128mterry, excellent, thanks!18:48
mterryhave a good dinner18:48
seb128thanks ;-)18:48
ricotzseb128, alright, looking forward to it19:05
ricotzmterry, ^ :)19:05
DBOdesrt, bamf owns the ref19:27
desrtto me that says "this lives forever"19:28
ricotzDBO, hey19:29
DBOhey ricotz19:29
ricotzDBO, are there plans to enable the introspection build for bamf again?19:29
DBOdesrt, it lives until bamf decides it shouldn't live19:29
DBOricotz, uhhhh I think so19:30
desrtDBO: so i should take a ref on it is what you're saying :)19:30
ricotzDBO, i was hoping to get some official vala bindings instead of handwriting them ;)19:30
ricotzdesrt, hey, are you playing with bamf in vala?19:32
DBOdesrt, yes19:32
desrtricotz: i wish :)19:32
DBOricotz, I'll ask thomi about it today19:32
ricotzhmm, i am avoiding taking refs on views :\19:33
broderwho should i bother about looking at bug #682338? it's been sitting in the sponsor queue for over a month19:33
ubot2`Launchpad bug 682338 in libcairo "GTK programs in Ubuntu 10.10 are sluggish over NX" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/68233819:33
ricotzdesrt, DBO, http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~docky-core/plank/trunk/view/head:/vapi/bamf.vapi19:33
brodermy original thought was to figure out how to detect NX in particular, but i can't find any way to distinguish it from the X server it was forked from19:33
DBOricotz, you dont *have* to take a ref19:33
DBObut if you dont it will die on its own when you get a closed signal19:33
ricotzDBO, yeah, i guess i am hitting this problem19:34
seb128broder, you can upload if you feel like taking responsability for the change ;-)19:37
broderseb128: well, i think the implications of the change are fairly well documented: if someone were to happen to use the patched cairo with a *really* old X server, it might crash19:38
seb128broder, the issue is, what happens if you i.e ssh -X from a debian stable system?19:38
broderdebian oldstable isn't old enough to trigger this bug, IIRC19:39
mterrystgraber, heyo.  Is edubuntu ready for a gsettings unity-greeter?19:39
seb128broder, ok, I can upload that19:39
seb128broder, I will do it today19:39
stgrabermterry: no, but upload anyway, I'll take care of it this afternoon so it's fixed for our next daily19:39
broderseb128: instead of the patch that's there, i might change src/cairo-xlib-display.c instead to not set ->buggy_repeat = TRUE in the first place19:40
mterrystgraber, cool19:40
seb128broder, if you want to add a new patch to the bug please do19:40
broderseb128: i can make that adjustment and do the upload; i just wasn't comfortable with making the judgement call on whether the patch was conceptually acceptable19:40
seb128broder, or feel free to upload, I think the fix is fine19:40
broderok. i'll double-check that debian oldstable isn't old enough to be problematic19:40
seb128broder, I think we should be fine and we are early enough in the cycle to change that if there are issues19:41
broderseb128: awesome, thanks. i'll take care of it later this evening then19:41
seb128broder, debian oldstable has xorg 7.3 it seems and the fdo bug mention 6.919:41
seb128broder, thanks19:41
desrtDBO: please fix your bamf docs...19:51
desrtRAOF: more input issues :/20:30
desrtRAOF: the mouse cursor is often 'getting stuck'20:31
desrtusually (but not always) near the boundaries of displays20:31
desrthappens maybe 50% of the time20:31
desrtpulling the mouse back and 'trying again' is often enough to unstick it20:32
mterryseb128, ronoc, stgraber: released and uploaded unity-greeter 0.2.120:39
stgrabermterry: thanks, will update edubuntu-artwork and upload20:40
ronocmterry, good stuff20:43
Beretqq so I don't file bugs for no reason - is the current build of unity in precise known to be broken?21:07
seb128Beret, how broken?21:12
Beretseb128, keyboard shortcuts for changing desktops ignored21:29
BeretI file #93169821:29
RAOFdesrt: Can you be more specific?  Unity's use of barriers on the screen edges could do something like that.21:38
desrtRAOF: since you mention it, i did switch to unity at the same time i did dist-upgrade21:39
desrtbut it's not consistent21:39
desrtsometimes it happens, sometimes not21:39
desrtand it happens going both ways... not just when there's a panel there21:39
RAOFDependent on how fast you're moving your pointer? :)21:39
RAOFYeah, both ways is a bug.21:40
RAOFAllow me to propose a merge to fix that.21:40
RAOFlifeless: http://paste.ubuntu.com/840954/ is the config; throwing away /var/cache/squid-deb-proxy allows it to start annd work.  Presumably that's a result of a corrupt cache going weird?  I've got the original (broken) cache available.21:40
desrtRAOF: it seems to semi-depend on speed?21:40
desrtit happens a bit less often if i go really fast21:40
desrtis this seriously a feature?21:41
RAOFIt was more of a feature when the launcher wasn't always visible.21:41
desrtmaybe they should drop it now?21:42
RAOFOr at least turn off the barriers when it's not autohiding.21:42
desrtgnome-shell fixed that issue back in the late days of 3.0 by turning off autohide for multiple monitors21:42
RAOFIt's useful when the launcher *is* being autohidden.21:42
desrtya.  i can imagine21:44
desrthitting the 1 pixel required to show it would be pretty tricky otherwise21:45
dobeyis there any way to turn off the launcher/panel on my second monitor, completely?21:45
dobeydesrt: does gnome-shell put the dock on all screens too?21:47
desrtit doesn't even put one on the main screen except when in overview21:48
desrtit takes the minimalist approach to chrome21:48
dobeyso the mouse thing was only an issue in gnome-shell if you had a screen to the left of the main screen i guess?21:50
lifelessRAOF: yes, thats weird - file a squid bug upstream :)21:50
Laneykenvandine: yo, just finishing (imho) libproxy21:58
Laneywill push after testing if you want to give it a whirl, and then i'll propose it to pkg-gnome21:58
desrtdobey: right, actually22:04
desrtdobey: the dash never auto-hid22:04
desrtdobey: but the workspaces switcher did22:04
desrtand it's actually clever enough to only disable autohide if there is a monitor to the right of the main screen22:05
desrt(ie: only disabled if having it enabled would cause a problem)22:05
dobeyi really just want to get rid of all the shell bits on the non-primary screens. though i suppose with the way unity works, it's a bit hard for it to do that. however, having the launcher right in the middle is really annoying22:07
desrtya.... particularly with those barriers22:09
dobeyindeed. though the barrier tends to only be annoying for me, while dragging a window across screens22:10
dobeyand the unlock screen popping up on whichever screen has the mouse on it when i move it, seems a bit weird as well. but eh22:14
kenvandineLaney, awesome22:20
kenvandinei can try to test it tomorrow22:21
* RAOF returns from some impromptu fglrx wrangling.22:26
RAOFdesrt, dobey: We really want the barriers when dragging windows - again, snap-to-maximise(/half-maximise) is much easier with such a target :)22:27
RAOFgnome-shell probably wants it as well :)22:27
RAOF(Also for the lower-right message tray, for vertical multi-head)22:29
desrtRAOF: we actually have the barrier in the message tray and top panel22:30
desrtso you aim for those targets if you want a half-maximised window22:30
RAOFOh, ow.22:30
RAOFYou've got an impenetrable barrier in the lower left?22:30
RAOFI mean, lower right.22:30
desrtnot impenetrable22:31
desrtbut pretty hard22:31
RAOFHow does it get dropped?22:31
RAOFWhat's the behaviour for pushing through?22:31
RAOFAlso, wouldn't it be nicer to just hit the side of the screen rather than opposite corners?22:32
dobeyRAOF: but that is something i *never* want. and afaik, there's no way to turn it off22:33
dobeyRAOF: all i want to do is turn it off. :)22:33
RAOFdobey: There's no way to turn it off, no.22:33
RAOFI'm working out if we can get better threshold information in the server, so it's easier to both deliberately go through and hit.22:34
dobeyi am more interested in just not having all the visual noise on my second screen though. the barrier i can deal with (at least i can as it is running right now, i guess i need to update and reboot again)22:35
=== dduffey is now known as dduffey_afk
Laneykenvandine: ok, pushed: git://git.debian.org/git/users/laney/libproxy.git - you'll need to git-dch --auto22:40
LaneyI attempted to multiarch it too, perhaps you could review that22:41

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!