=== eu is now known as Guest6014
=== eu is now known as Guest99808
psypher246hey all, I just accidentally deleted eveything in my u1 folder, aaarrrgh, is there an undelete option. got to REDOWNLOAD like 20 GB now :(08:11
ryepsypher246, hi09:01
psypher246rye: hey rye09:01
ryepsypher246, how many files and from what folder (Ubuntu One or UDF)09:01
psypher246u1, music folder09:03
psypher246quite a few files, not sure exactly how many09:03
psypher246just the whole folder09:03
psypher246sorry the ruald folder09:04
psypher246inside that is music09:04
ryepsypher246, were these folders under ~/Ubuntu One/ ?09:04
ryepsypher246, i am recovering last 10000 removed objects09:05
psypher246i have been testing the hash and upload speed and timings of thousands of files and was gonna delete them to try again and went ctrl_a shift delete :/09:05
psypher246you can't just do that one folder?09:06
ryepsypher246, well, we don't have any info about user's content besides top-level UDF folder names for recovery purposes09:06
ryepsypher246, you should start seing a "Recovered" folder in https://one.ubuntu.com/files/09:07
psypher246so rye, I can see that when you upload a bunch of files it does them in batches of 10, but the problem is that it has to go through the entire list of files and do the makefile process before it starts uploading anything. INstead of just doing a batch of 10 makefiles and then start uploading those while running the next 10 through make file . so for instance uploading 3000 takes about 15 mins before it even starts to upload. Doing the makefile an09:10
psypher246d upload in batches of 10 would greatly improve that time09:10
ryepsypher246, it was my understanding that once MakeFile is processed, the file Upload can be done. Let me check this - it was the whole reason for unleashing the queues, where the meta queue and content queue are processed simultaneously09:11
mandelmorning !09:21
psypher246rye: thanks it's restoring now09:25
psypher246rye: really bad download speed though, is the system running slow?09:25
psypher246gonna take a looooooong time :(09:26
* mandel restarts after upgrade09:26
ryepsypher246, i am running a set of tests to check this09:26
* mandel back!09:29
psypher246rye: looks like it has just stoppped restoring completely09:46
ryepsypher246, so far only 448 restored09:47
psypher246and it stopped09:47
ryepsypher246, it is processing currently09:47
psypher246precessing as in downloading or about to download cos not a byte coming in09:48
psypher246for 80KB to 009:48
JamesTaitGood morning all! :)09:59
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== zumbi is now known as Guest18047
TeTeThello, I'm running Precise and u1 is not working, see http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/842840/ Any PPA or so to use that works?10:21
ryeTeTeT, are you running stock precise package? Have you updated from earlier one? Is there any error in ~/.cache/ubuntuone/log/syncdaemon.log ?10:31
TeTeTrye: I've updated from Lucid, where u1 was shaky and often did not sync, here's the log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/842857/10:33
ryeTeTeT, could you please check whether there is any 0-byte file in ~/.local/share/ubuntuone/syncdaemon/tritcask ?10:35
ryelooks like bug #82536610:36
ryehm, should have been fixed by now10:36
TeTeTrye: in tritcask: -rw-rw-r-- 1 spindler spindler    0 Jan 21 20:32 1327174360717002.live.tritcask-v1.data10:36
ryeTeTeT, before you remove it, what's apt-cache policy ubuntuone-client  ?10:37
ryeTeTeT, well, you can remove that file and run u1sdtool --start10:37
TeTeTrye:  *** 2.99.3-0ubuntu1 010:38
TeTeTrye: ok, started, though the control panel still has an error message on file sync error10:39
ryeTeTeT, it may be confused by the old error, could you please close ubuntuone-control-panel and killall ubuntuone-control-panel-backend process ?10:42
TeTeTrye: there's no backend process running10:44
ryeTeTeT, ok, when you start control panel, what's the error?10:44
psypher246rye: only 2000 items have restored, nothing now for almost an hour, is that restore still running?10:44
TeTeTrye: File Sync error. (org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: )10:45
ryeTeTeT, does u1sdtool --status work?10:46
ryepsypher246, it should have restored at least 6000 files by now, re-started the process10:47
TeTeTrye: nope, Oops, an error ocurred:10:47
ryeTeTeT, could you please re-pastebin the syncdaemon.log ?10:47
TeTeTrye: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/842873/10:49
psypher246rye: only 2003 files in the folder, nothign downloading10:50
ryeTeTeT, i feel that the old lucid files might have been corrupted, the metadata conversion cannot be performed. Could you please shut down u1  by killing ubuntuone-client process and removing ~/.local/share/ubuntuone/syncdaemon and start it again10:53
TeTeTrye: should I remove all of .local/share/ubuntuone and see if it restarts? That worked on Lucid before10:53
ryeTeTeT, if you do not have shares, then yes, that's basically the same I proposed10:55
TeTeTrye: awesome, removing sync daemon seems to have worked, got a pop via indicator notifier that some files are being downloaded10:55
TeTeTrye: control panel says 'file sync is up-to-date'. you're the man, remind me to buy you a beer when we meet at UDS!10:56
ryeTeTeT, this also means we need to double-check the possibility of updating from lucid to precise10:56
TeTeTrye: u1 was always quite broken for me on lucid, so not sure if you can really update from a non-working state10:57
ryepsypher246, could you please disconnect ubuntu one for now? The low level restore procedure may be blocked by client changing the metadata on the server side as it downloads11:08
psypher246rye: ok it started again11:28
psypher246rye: still not blazing fast but it is working11:35
ryepsypher246, are you sure there were 20Gb in the folder?11:36
psypher246pretty sure, about 16GB of music or more11:41
psypher246rye: again it just did 3000 files and stuck again, going to disconnect and reconnect11:55
psypher246rye: I know this is a special case, but if I was to sync all my files down to a new PC would I be stuck with this issue again? having to stop and start every few thousand files?11:57
ryepsypher246, could you please disconnect and wait for an hour before reconnecting - the client and recovery are both fighting for the same table records therefore slowing each down12:00
psypher246yeah i can see it's not working right now12:01
nessitahello everyone!12:01
nessitaralsina: ping?12:06
mandelnessita, morning!12:11
mandelnessita, you are the first ar of the day AFAIK12:11
nessitahola mandel12:11
nessitahum, wierd12:12
mandelnessita, yep, usually gatx and ralsina are up early, are you sure is not a holiday or something?12:13
mandelnessita, or their systems are dead due to updates :P12:13
nessitano, no holiday here :-)12:14
gatoxgood morning!12:14
mandelnessita, there is gatox ^ :)12:19
nessitahola gatox!12:19
nessitatodo bien?12:19
gatoxyep! jeje12:20
gatoxwhat happend?12:20
nessitagatox: nada, but I was worried that you were not around12:22
ralsinagood morning!12:24
ralsinaI was up early, I did a review at 7:30 :-)12:24
gatoxnessita, ahhh... sorry...... i was sleepy so decided to start at 9 :(12:25
ralsinanessita: working on u1cp's stable branch review now12:26
nessitaralsina: hola! please and thanks12:26
ralsinanessita: tried to do them last night, but was so tired I was getting crosseyed12:26
nessitacrosseyed is not good12:26
ralsinanessita: indeed, I was reading everything twice, once with each eye!12:27
ralsinanessita: if we get this merged and built by our noon, we can get elopio to do QA on it. Today is windows QA day and there is no windows release, so he's free12:28
gatoxralsina, hi!12:28
ralsinahola gatox12:28
nessitaralsina: I will certainly try to have this ready asap, and put into my personal PPA12:28
ralsinanessita: awesome12:31
gatoxmandel, i tempted to say that you are just an unlucky guy jejej 12.04 is working AWESOME for me!! it fix a lot of problem that i have with 11.10 :D12:32
mandelnessita, ralsina, alecu, gatox: I'm nearly done with the implementation of proxy support on the webclient both libsoupd and qtnetwork so can you book some time for an 'interesting' review? the more eyes the better since there are a number of diff paths for the 407 to appear :(12:33
ralsinamandel: I am pretty booked today. I'll try to save some space for it but it's going to be late today12:33
mandelralsina, no problem I prefer it to be late and right :)12:34
mandelgatox, so far so good to be hones :)12:34
gatoxmandel, count me in12:36
gatox(for the review)12:36
nessitamandel: my top priority is to do releases today. But ceratinly I will review it after that. One thing to note and that we need to start doing FFe for every branch that lands a new feature (or a piece of a new feature)...12:38
mandelnessita, ok, shall I speak with josh about this one?12:38
nessitamandel: perhaps you should first talk to alecu and gather the whole list of bugs that needs a FFe12:38
mandelnessita, ok!12:38
nessitamandel: so josh can do the procedure in bunch12:39
mandelmakes sense12:40
mandelralsina, ha, I'm hitting a bunch of bugs in qt: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-1672812:43
mandelralsina, I should stop writing evil tests..12:43
ralsinamandel: yes, don't try so hard ;-)12:43
ralsinamandel: probably too aggressive caching12:44
mandelralsina, indeed..12:44
psypher246rye: how do i get the client to stay disconnected12:57
psypher246keeps reconnecting even when i say quit and stillno files downloading12:57
ryepsypher246, u1sdtool --disconnect12:57
psypher246yeah thats what i'm doimng12:57
psypher246will try again and get back to you in an hour12:59
ralsinanessita: all branches have my +1 now13:03
nessitaralsina: thanks! though tarmac is not working yet13:03
ralsinanessita: I know13:04
ralsinanessita: that's some bad timing right there13:04
mandelfacepalm: u1trial --help-reactors >> Need to get list of reactors and print them here.13:26
* alecu just broke a glass mug; not the first glass thing he breaks this week13:38
gatoxalecu, hi13:40
facundobatistaHola alecu13:41
mandelalecu, hello, and bye, time for my lunch :)13:44
* mandel lunch13:44
nessitahola dobey13:55
dobeyhola nessita13:56
nessitadobey: so, tarmac is not landing branches since canonistack is on maintenance. Shall we land stable-3-0 updates by hand?14:05
dobeyoh, is it?14:06
nessitadobey: so, any verdict?14:17
dobeynessita: i'm looking for the e-mail about it14:18
nessitaralsina: 1-1. Can we move it to tomorrow after standup?14:30
nessitaafter weekly meeting I menat14:30
ralsinanessita: yes,please14:32
dobeyalecu: just watch out for glass houses.14:42
nessitadobey: so, should I restart protocol release work? (I'm confused now :-))14:45
dobeynessita: no14:45
nessitadobey: ok then14:46
dobeyi think ralsina's computer just keeps getting slower14:46
nessitadobey: ralsina's? how can you tell?14:46
dobeynessita: look at his twits. :)14:46
nessitaralsina: shutdown the torrents!14:47
dobeyralsina: is your computer in heavy swap?14:48
ralsinanope, it's working just fine14:54
ralsinaEverything downloaded yesterday,it's dpkg that's being ungodly slow14:55
ralsinaIhave a load of 3.2 but it's quadcore, and the main user is dpkg anyway14:55
ralsinaI have 1.5 GB free RAM14:55
ralsinaSo, it's just weird14:55
* mandel back14:56
nessitagatox, mandel, alecu, dobey?15:01
nessitayey! let's15:02
nessitaDONE: proposed stable-3-0 updates branches, reviewed last ussoc's Critical from gatox, fixed ussoc nightlies broken by mandel (see bug #932328)15:02
nessitaTODO: releases!15:02
nessitaBLOCKED: nopes (well, a little, tarmac is not landing stable-3-0 branches)15:02
nessitaNEXT: briancurtin15:02
briancurtinDONE: have everything in place to fix bug #851810 (need to talk with nessita after the meeting about it)15:02
briancurtinTODO: test test test15:02
briancurtinBLOCKED: none15:02
briancurtinNEXT: ralsina15:02
mandelnessita, what did I brake?15:02
ralsinaDONE: reviews, interviews, mgmt call TODO: interviews, help around, administrivvia15:02
nessitamandel: see the bug report15:02
ralsinaBLOCKED: no, next dobey15:02
dobeyλ DONE: gwibber, some releases15:02
dobeyλ TODO: finish releases, patchaes, packaging changes, twisted docs, music store call15:02
dobeyλ BLCK: none.15:02
mandelbug 93232815:02
gatox    Improve and add more tests in the branch for the Issue #931452, working in SSO UI Style.15:02
gatox    Keep working in the UI Style and review some Control Panel branches.15:02
gatox    No15:02
gatoxmandel, go15:02
mandelDONE: Implemented changes in the libsoup and qtnetwork webclient implementations so that the server auth and the proxy auth are not mixed.15:02
mandelTODO: Add extra tests regarding the spawn of the creds dialog. Propose last MP about this work. Talk with josh about FF exceptions. SSL dialog before UI freeze.15:02
mandelBLOCKED: no15:02
mandelalecu, go15:03
alecuDONE: helped mandel with some debugging, and worked on bug #92920715:03
alecuTODO: finish tunnel branch15:03
alecuBLOCKED: no15:03
mandelubuntulog, are you there?15:03
mandelis ubuntulog dead?15:03
gatoxit seems15:03
nessitaall: please remember that when doing releases on a Tuesday, trunk is frozen on the Friday before that. Please do not land branches unless extremely necessary and well tested (for build, install and functioning)15:04
mandelnessita, oh, stupid me, I renamed the file and forgot to update the setup.py.. sorry15:04
nessitathe freeze is "soft", in the sense that there is nothing preventing branches from being landed. We need to not make them land ourselves.15:04
nessitaso, every UI branch that needs to go in for UI Freeze should land by Friday EOD15:05
nessitaif you will not make it to that date, please start discussing a UIFe with me and ralsina15:05
nessitaany more comments?15:05
=== lucio_ is now known as __lucio__
nessitaping! :-)15:07
ralsinacomment: joshua is not around today, so let's get all the known FFe in order for tomorrow?15:07
nessitaok, eom I guess15:08
briancurtinnessita: do you have a few minutes to talk about bug 851810?15:08
nessitabriancurtin: of course!15:10
nessitabriancurtin: wanna mumble or wanna irc?15:10
briancurtinnessita: I'll get on mumble15:11
* nessita too15:11
* gatox lunch15:13
psypher246rye: hi rye, it's been a couple of hours now and nothing has continued recovering15:46
psypher246still only 5000 files15:46
nessitadobey: seems like tarmac is still down :-/15:47
nessitawe need to get this releases going... so I will start merging by hand15:47
ralsinaI have family visiting so I will take a slightly longer lunch today. See you people in about 90 minutes.15:58
mandelalecu, I was going to do the point-2-point test when gnome-control-center decided to stop working :(16:02
mandel** WARNING **: handle_property_changed: failed to update property 'active-connections' of object type NMClient.16:02
mandelSegmentation fault (core dumped)16:02
* mandel reboots to try and fix issues16:08
nessitabuu, Fibertel stoppped working16:12
alecumandel, you've tried with "u1sdtool -c" instead, right?16:24
mandelalecu, I was trying to change the proxy settings of the system not configuring u116:25
alecumandel, ohhhh, right.16:28
alecumandel, try changing them manually with dconf-editor or gconf-editor16:28
dobeyalright, i will go get some lunch now. bbiab16:29
ryepsypher246, i am afraid I am unable to restore files at this point; However, if you put the files that have the same checksum as the ones that were already uploaded they will be put to online storage w/o reuploading16:46
* mandel reboots 16:50
mandelralsina, ping!17:02
mandelalecu, can I have a review for https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntu-sso-client/webclient-use-dialog/+merge/9324817:07
mandelgatox, nessita, briancurtin, ralsina can I have some eyes for https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntu-sso-client/webclient-use-dialog/+merge/9324817:07
briancurtinmandel: yes sir17:07
mandelbriancurtin, thx!17:08
gatoxmandel, i'll review it in a few minutes17:09
alecumandel, looking17:09
nessitalunchtime crowd!17:16
briancurtinmandel: i dont know the significance of this, but... https://pastebin.canonical.com/60279/17:23
mandelbriancurtin, that looks like is  from windows, is that correct? is it when running the tests from my branch?17:24
briancurtinyep, should have specified. running your branch on windows17:25
mandelbriancurtin, looks like there is a dirty reactor left there with a selectable..17:26
mandelbriancurtin, that usually means that the there is a connection between the client and the server by the time we do the teardown, is reported as an error because having that does not guarantee that the next tests are ran in a 'deterministic' manner17:27
mandelbriancurtin, can you put that in the merge comment and I'll take a look carefully.. looks like a cleanup or teardown is not working17:27
briancurtinmandel: commented17:28
mandelbriancurtin, thx!17:28
mandelok, EOD in spain, please fill free to be as horrible as possible in that review.. I've been long trying to get that to work and I'm just happy it works (AKA I see nothing wrong with my baby!!!)17:35
gatoxmandel, can i say: "i don't like your face" in the review?17:37
mandelgatox, yes you can, but in a professional way!17:37
gatoxjejeje ok..... "i don't like your professionall face"17:38
gatoxthat was the most horrible thing i could think off :P17:38
gatoxreviewing now..... seriously17:38
gatoxmandel, bye17:39
mandelgatox, hehe ok, see you later!17:40
mandelgatox, oh, and I saw that the control panel is working using qt on ubuntu, congrats!17:41
gatoxmandel, that thanks to nessita :P17:41
mandelgatox, only thing is the qss, are we using that?17:42
gatoxmandel, i'm with the styling of sso now.... i think cp is going to be next victim17:42
dobeyam back17:43
mandelgatox, superb! remember if would be nice to be able to sue the style of the theme.. and with that evil bombshell I'll go and walk the dog :)17:43
* mandel EOD17:43
popeywhere do I file bugs in the iOS U1 files app?17:55
dobeypopey: lp:ubuntuone-ios-files17:57
nessitadobey: have a couple of mins for a packaging question?18:06
dobeynessita: what's up?18:08
nessitain debian/control, for a source package, what's the difference between using  python (>= 2.6.6-3~), as a Build-Depends vs adding the XS-Python-Version: >= 2.6 field?18:08
nessitadobey: in nightlies we have the latter, and in the ubuntu control file we have the former18:08
dobeynessita: the X-Python-Version stuff is deprecated, and not necessary with dh_python218:09
dobeynessita: some of the nightlies are still using python-support, becasue the nightlies are a bit more complicated18:09
nessitadobey: ah, hum. From http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ch-module_packages.html I read that only the XB-Python-Version in binary packages is deprecated18:09
nessitaam I missing something from that doc?18:09
dobeynessita: http://wiki.debian.org/Python/PythonSupportToDHPython218:10
nessitawill read, thanks!18:10
dobeyis sshd not running for anyone else on precise?18:24
dobeyoh i guess it is running, but can't connect to it18:28
ralsinadobey: I'll get back to you on that in 1 day, 7 hours ;-)18:28
dobeyralsina: oh the time went down; i guess you freed up some swap :)18:29
briancurtindobey: i also couldn't connect18:29
briancurtin(but im not confident that i set everything up correctly, so i havent investigated yet)18:30
briancurtinit seemed "right" though18:30
dobeybriancurtin: well it was working on this machine before; and now it fails :)18:31
ralsinadobey: I never was below 1.3GB free. But ye, at least now it's going in the right direction :-)18:31
dobeyoh now it works18:31
nessitadobey: I'm trying to understand when a package must us cdbs. I've found several links in the web, but some of those are confusing me more than I'm understanding *when* using it (in the context of debian packages for "pure" python upstream codes). Would you recommend some particular reading?18:42
nessitadobey: I see in the ubuntu packages that controlpanel uses cdbs but ussoc does not18:42
nessitaand that puzzles me :-/18:42
dobeycp does?18:44
dobeynessita: btw, also please add your ubuntu e-mail address to your lp account :)18:45
dobeynessita: so, the preference is to use pure dh. u1cp probably just hasn't been converted, and sso was.18:47
dobeynessita: so i try to only use cdbs when i have to (in nightlies for our projects that use autotools)18:47
dobeythough i haven't gone through and converted everything on both sides to pure dh, that can be pure dh18:48
dobeynessita: now is probably a good time to convert u1cp to pure dh18:48
nessitadobey: will try then :-). Any priori advice to do so?18:49
nessitadobey: regarding the ubuntu address, I'm, getting18:50
nessitaThe email address 'natalia.bidart@ubuntu.com' is already registered to Natalia Bidart. If you think that is a duplicated account, you can merge it into your account.18:50
dobeynessita: it's simple enough. read the debian wiki link i pasted before, and bug me if you have a question i guess18:50
=== alecu is now known as alecu_lunch
dobeynessita: and i can review the changes before you push to ubuntu if you want18:51
nessitadobey: yeah, that would be great18:51
dobeynessita: hrmm, looks like something auto-created a dummy account. i guess you'll have to ask it to be merged into your account18:51
* dobey wonders what the other account id is18:51
nessitawhich I don't recall creating18:52
nessita(merge done)18:52
dobeynessita: ah. go to https://launchpad.net/~natalia-bidart and click on "Are you Natalia Bidart?"18:52
dobeyah ok18:52
nessitadobey: thanks ;-)18:52
dobeyyou were faster than i :)18:52
dobeynessita: https://code.launchpad.net/~dobey/ubuntuone-client/update-from-trunk/+merge/9328119:00
dobeyralsina: ^^19:00
nessitadobey: you did not merge the last branch from guillo where the Makefile conditionally uses gi?19:01
dobeynessita: no. it was after the freeze (and i think it's incorrect, and haven't had time to deal with it yet)19:03
nessitadobey: ack19:04
nessitadobey: I uploaded the ussoc package to my ppa to test it in a vm before uploading to ubuntu. Would you check the changelog here https://launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/+archive/testing/+packages and tell me if it's correct? my concern is regarding how much details I should provide about the new binary packages19:06
nessita(when you have some time)19:06
nessitadobey: and approved19:07
dobeynessita: i guess it might be a bit much in the way of info, but otherwise pretty much ok. i would change "test suites" to "test suite" though.19:11
dobeynessita: and "as a separated process" should just be "as a separate process"19:12
nessitadobey: ack to the grammar fixes. What do you mean with "it might be a bit much in the way of info" (I'm not sure how to translate that properly in my head)19:12
dobeynessita: i mean it seems a bit verbose to me, but it's not horrible, and nobody should complain that it's too much or too little information19:14
nessitaah, perfect19:14
dobeysigh; i don't want to go to the mall to get pretzels :-/19:21
=== alecu_lunch is now known as alecu
nessitaQt should be spellec Qt or QT?19:31
nessitaralsina: ^19:32
briancurtini'm not ralsina but the project logo is Qt19:32
nessitabriancurtin: :-) thanks!19:33
ralsinaQT is quicktime19:33
nessitaack, thanks19:35
nessitadobey: so, I just notice that we need a man page for the -qt controlpanel. If my "upstream" release did not include that... I need to make a patch at packaging level?19:36
dobeynessita: it's not necessary19:37
nessitadobey: wouldn't I get a lintian warning on that?19:37
nessitaso I guess I can ignore it?19:38
nessita(from what you're saying :-))19:38
dobeybriancurtin: it's pronounced Q(ui)t though19:38
* nessita files bug to have the -qt man page19:38
dobeynessita: are the -qt and -gtk things being installed to /usr/bin/ instead of /usr/lib/ubuntu-sso-client?19:38
nessitadobey: I was referring to controlpanel, not sso. For sso we have no man pages, and yes no lintian warning since those are in /usr/lib/ussoc, yes19:39
dobeynessita: file a bug instead to move them to the libdir instead of bindir19:39
dobeyfor control panel, eh19:39
dobeyman pages for gui applications is a silly idea19:39
dobeyi would just ignore the warning19:39
ralsinawe could do quickie man pages based on --help just for completeness and fulfilling policy19:40
nessitadobey: you sure I will not get scream at by ignoring that? :-D19:40
nessitaralsina: yeah, but I can file the bug and provide it in the next release, right now I already released upstream code19:41
dobeynessita: if it were debian upstream probably; in ubuntu, probably not19:41
nessitadobey: well, in any case I have logs, and we both will go down :-P19:41
dobeyif anything, --help should open the documentation in yelp or something19:42
dobeysince we have so much documentation for everything19:42
nessitacrap!!! ussoc is broken in nightlies! /me debugs19:44
dobeybroken how?19:47
nessitadobey: feature freeze is 21 UTC today or tomorrow?19:47
nessitadobey: I'm still debugging19:47
nessitahum, running from trunk I don't get the error19:48
dobeyoh the code is broken, not the building/packaging of nightlies19:48
ralsinanessita: yes, this is a lower than low priority thing19:49
nessitadobey: well, I can't reproduce the error on trunk nor on stable-3-019:49
dobeynessita: or sso is broken in a precise vm from your ppa test build?19:49
ralsinain debian you would get thrown in the street like a dog ;-)19:49
nessitadobey: so, sso is broken in my vm from my ppa install. So I went to try sso from nightlies in my box, and same error19:49
nessitadobey: so I ran the service from trunk, no error. Ran the service from stable-3-0, no error.19:50
nessitawill keep debugging (and cursing f*****ck)19:50
ralsinanessita: weird19:50
dobeynessita: what is the error?19:50
nessitadobey: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'19:50
dobeyoh lovely, a string being none instead; where at exactly?19:51
nessitadobey: well, that's what I'm debugging, since we have some decorator trapping any error, and printing the trace, but somehow the info is not accurate19:52
dobeyand i definitely don't want to go to the mall at this hour19:53
ralsinafracking upgrade is making everything crash in turns. First this, then that, then this doesn't start, then that ... grmbl19:56
nessitaok, found the bug19:57
nessitadobey: so, I need to make anothe tarball for
nessita(once everything is landed and all)19:58
dobeynessita: let's review it for trunk, and you can ship it as a patch to ubuntu in 2.99.419:58
dobeynessita: since i presume you've not uploaded it yet i hope?19:58
nessitadobey: no no no19:59
nessitaI did not upload, was testing on my vm from my PPA19:59
nessitadobey: why is it better to patch instead of doing another release?19:59
dobeynessita: patch is less work19:59
nessitadobey: but next release we have to remember to remove it, right?20:00
dobeynessita: well if you don't remove it, it will probably fail to build, since the patch shouldn't apply20:00
dobeyalthough, with the way patches work now, it may not be that obvious20:01
dobeybut the existence of debian/patches should be pretty obvious20:01
dobeylamalex: having fun?20:02
nessitaralsina, dobey: can you please? https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/find-me-bin-dir/+register-merge20:07
nessitaoh no bad link20:08
dobeyyay lp bugs20:08
dobeynessita: does that fix it, or just make it fail in a different way?20:10
nessitadobey: no, it fixes it20:10
nessitadobey: it was a very dumb error (but only happens when running from the system installation)20:11
dobeywhat was happeneing exactly?20:11
nessitadobey: if you see the bug report, we were logging:20:12
nessita2012-02-15 16:54:25,991:991.570949554 - ubuntu_sso.utils - ERROR - _get_dir: can not build a valid path. Giving up. __file__ is '/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ubuntu-sso-client/ubuntu_sso/utils/__init__.pyc', constants module not available.20:12
nessitadobey: basically, when calculating a path, I was failing to actually import the ubuntu_sso.constants module20:12
nessitaand the tests were not catching that since I need to inject the module in sys.modules for the test20:13
dobeyok, so the assert change fails in a different way, and the change to __init__ should amke it not fail?20:13
nessitadobey: actually, the assert change is not related, I added that to be more robust there (but is unrelated). Will revert that.20:14
dobeyhmm, ok20:14
nessitaand I can also add an assert at the end of get_bin_dir, to be more explicit20:15
dobeynessita: why are you doing sys.modules.get() there exactly, instead of __import__() or just importing the thing you need?20:15
nessitadobey: constants.py is built at installation time20:15
nessitaso is not present as such in the source tree20:16
nessitaI may use __import__ as well... not sure which one is cleaner though20:16
nessitadobey: do you have any preference?20:16
dobeyi prefer to not use distutils/setuptools/whatever :)20:17
dobeynessita: it's probably good enough for now, considering why it's that way20:18
nessitadobey: changes to add an assertion for those calculated dirs to not be None added (and tests updated accordingly)20:23
nessitaralsina: can you do a quick review?20:24
dobeynessita: i did a +1 already20:24
ralsinanessita: now that I can switch windows,sure!20:24
nessitadobey: ack, thanks20:24
nessitaralsina: https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/find-me-bin-dir/+merge/93291/20:24
ralsinanessita: will do a quick code review since my notebook is a mess right now20:25
ralsinanessita: +120:30
ralsinanessita: and global approve20:30
dobeyi miss tarmac :(20:36
nessitaoh me too20:36
nessitadobey: can you run tarmac for this branch or shall I push it?20:36
dobeynessita: just let it sit for now i think. and make a diff for the 2.99.4 package20:38
nessitayeah, done that20:38
dobeytwisted 12.0 was released it seems21:04
dobeybut alas, it is not yet in debian21:04
ralsinadobey: after the grief of 11.0 I really hope it doesn't get into 12.0421:08
dobeyralsina: why?21:08
dobeyand you mean 11.121:08
ralsinadobey: because it took months to work out all the new kinks?21:09
dobeythere was one problem, and it didn't take months to fix it21:10
ralsinadobey: if you mean the GI/Twisted thing, it took more than 3 months :-)21:10
ralsinaSince we discussed it in november and got fixed in Februrary21:10
dobeyit didn't get started in november21:11
ralsinadobey: there is more than one way to measure these things :-)21:11
nessitadobey: I saw the twisted released, but when I read the changelog there was no entry about the gi reactor... any idea why?21:11
dobeyyeah, the correct way, and all the wrong ways :)21:11
ralsinadobey: hahaha21:11
dobeynessita: i don't know, i didn't read the changelog21:11
ralsinadobey: "time it was broken" is my personal favourite21:11
dobeynessita: hrmm; seems it is not included in twisted 12.021:14
dobeynessita: oh well21:16
gatoxpeople! EOD here! see you tomorrow!21:16
ralsinabye gatox21:17
gatoxralsina, bye21:17
dobeynessita: guess i get to propose a patch21:17
dobeymeh, i am feeling some hunger21:22
nessitadobey: so, we can finish the uploads tomorrow, right? I wanna test the packages a bit more before uploading21:23
dobeyi want to get a patched twisted in as well21:25
dobeywhich is i guess the next upload i need to work on21:26
nessitawell, so far ussoc installed from my ppa works pretty well. Only found one bug and will be fixed as a bug, I guess21:26
dobeyand then ubuntuone-client21:26
dobeyand i think that will make me 'done' with things i need to have uploaded for feature freeze21:27
nessitadobey: so, ussoc works pretty well in my vm, shall I upload now?21:27
nessitai just found https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-sso-client/+bug/933081 but we will not be fixing today nor tomorrow (but next week)21:28
dobeywith the patch? sure21:28
nessitayes, with the patch of course21:28
ralsinanessita: nobody clicks on that ;-)21:28
nessitadobey: if you still have time today (otherwise, tomorrow), would you review the removal of cdbs in https://launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/+archive/testing/+packages21:28
nessitathere you can see the changes I made to debian/21:29
dobeynessita: can you push the bzr branch somewehre and point me to that instaed? it's easier to review it looking at the branch :)21:29
nessitaralsina: I have the PPA ready to test sso and controlpanel....21:29
nessitadobey: sure, already pushed to lp:~nataliabidart/ubuntu/precise/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone-control-panel-2.99.421:30
nessitaralsina: if you want, or if you want to point someone to it, is ppa:nataliabidart/testing21:30
ralsinanessita: I will test it ASAP (after the endless upgrade ends)21:30
nessitaralsina: you have nightlies enabled?21:30
ralsinanessita: not right now21:31
nessitasince that ppa will not override versioning from nightlies21:31
ralsinanessita: ok21:31
nessitaralsina: ok, will hold the upload of ussoc until tomorrow morning21:31
nessitaso I can have your feedback21:31
ralsinanessita: cool, I will email21:32
nessitaok, will have some merienda and then pilates time21:32
nessitasee ya all tomorrow!21:32
nessitaFYI, controlpanel also looks good on my ppa, so good news! /me leaves happy21:36
nessitanow yes, bye!21:36
dobeyok, i need to get some sort of fuel, and get away from the computer for a while21:49
dobeylater all21:49
briancurtinim about to do the same, need a walk and a cup of coffee. take it easy21:50
briancurtinmmm coffee22:11
alecuafter fighting the whole evening with integration/unit tests including Qt and squid, me declares a Pyrrhic victory and an EOD22:30
alecusee you tomorrow guys and gals!22:30
StepNjumpHi can someone help me here? I have two computers and when I update a folder on my desktop on computer 1, it updates on computer 2 but when I make changes on computer 2, it doesn't update computer 1, why?23:49

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!