jbichafinally managed to get my Unity 3D working for the first time in almost a week, I think clearing ~/.cache was the trick01:43
kenvandinejbicha, that is weird01:51
jbichayeah, too bad I used rm -r and not just mv01:51
jbichakenvandine: resurrected your contacts mir01:52
jbichaTheMuso: are you around?02:36
RAOFjbicha: Luke tells me that the answer is “no” :)03:01
RAOFApparently Telstra's decided that it doesn't want to provide internet, even from a mobile.03:02
jbichaoh ok, I was just looking for someone interested in uploading vte303:19
TheMusoOk I have limited connectivity now.03:20
TheMusojbicha: I am around now.03:21
pittiGood morning05:11
pittichrisccoulson: awesome!05:12
pittichrisccoulson: does the same apply to Tbird as well?05:12
pittidobey: bug 939173 - looks like sso-client is now trying to use qt?05:21
ubot2`Launchpad bug 939173 in ubuntu-sso-client "ubuntu-sso-login crashed with ImportError in start_setup(): No module named qt" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93917305:21
pittiI thought that only affected the control center05:21
jasoncwarner_DBO thumper hey guys... this bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/936818 ROAF saw this same thing on Intel, I saw it on nvidia...looks like it isn't just nvidia driver thing... any other thoughts?05:27
ubot2`Launchpad bug 936818 in compiz "Visual Corruption on Desktop" [High,New]05:27
TheMusojasoncwarner_: Good afternoon... Hope you weren't kep offline too long today, and I hope you didn't miss anything important. :)05:30
jasoncwarner_TheMuso: telstra down? I ended up tethering for a bit today...wondered what was up05:31
TheMusojasoncwarner_: So you are not on Telstra for mobile? Yes, down so badly that it took out a large chunk of internet usage around the country.05:31
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
jasoncwarner_TheMuso: I am on telstra mobile...weird...05:32
jasoncwarner_I'm back up now with both....how long were you down?05:32
TheMusojasoncwarner_: About 40 minutes or there abouts, couldn't even get a connectin on my mobile... Adn the closest place where I could have used wifi was using Telstra also...05:33
thumperjasoncwarner_: I wish we had more info on it05:41
jasoncwarner_thumper: I think we were hoping ti was driver related, but clearly not anymore. So probably somewhere in nux/unity/compiz? (manager steps out now ;) ) DBO mentioned something about FBO but I'll let him speak to that.05:42
thumperjasoncwarner_: is it exactly the same behaviour?05:42
thumperI'm on intel and not seen any corruption05:42
* thumper goes to make dinner05:43
jasoncwarner_thumper: RAOF says it even has the same black defect in the white bar...so I would say yeah, close enough for government work05:43
RAOFthumper: I've seen it exactly once - yesterday.  It went away with a restart.  I've not seen it before or since.  It does look very much like that effect, though.05:44
=== tjaalton_ is now known as tjaalton
didrocksgood morning07:13
pittibonjour didrocks07:13
rickspencer3good morning pitti, didrocks, jasoncwarner_07:14
pittihey rickspencer3 q07:14
didrockshey pitti, rickspencer307:14
rickspencer3hey pitti, sure, shoot07:15
jasoncwarner_hey rickspencer307:15
didrocksgood morning jasoncwarner_07:15
jasoncwarner_morning didrocks07:15
jasoncwarner_didrocks: hey, you get my emails (don't you love waking up to me in your inbox? )07:16
didrocksjasoncwarner_: one sec, just connecting and already 3 PM :/07:17
didrocksjasoncwarner_: so, on bug #92685907:21
ubot2`Launchpad bug 926859 in nux "llvmpipe software rendering needs blacklisting in unity-support-test" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92685907:21
didrocksjasoncwarner_: I can do it07:21
didrocksjasoncwarner_: for bug #936818, I added the tag07:23
ubot2`Launchpad bug 936818 in compiz-core "Visual Corruption on Desktop" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93681807:23
didrocksjasoncwarner_: I can add it to the spreadsheet in a new section for the priority07:23
jasoncwarner_thanks, didrocks !07:24
didrocksyw :)07:25
bschaeferdidrocks, hey07:27
bschaeferdidrocks, I was just merging the new ibus support code into unity, and it cant found 'ibus-1.0'07:28
didrocksgood morning bschaefer07:29
bschaeferdidrocks, I thought "libibus-1.0-dev" had been added07:29
didrocksbschaefer: nux or unity?07:29
bschaeferthey both need it07:29
didrocksfor the "it"07:29
didrocksjay told me only nux will need it07:29
didrocksand that the API isn't leaked07:29
didrocksin unity07:29
bschaeferhmm well unity will need it until we redo TextEntry using the pimpl idiom07:30
didrocksbschaefer: it shouldn't work like that then07:31
didrocksbschaefer: nux .pc file should require ibus in that case07:31
didrocksand remove the dep check in unity07:31
didrocksthen, with that, I'll make the nux -dev to ibus -dev07:31
didrocksI spent 1h to explain that to your team last week :/07:32
bschaeferdidrocks, it didn't seem to get back to me :(07:32
thumperbschaefer: I'm fixing nux a little07:33
didrocksbschaefer: no worry, as thumper is making is to no leak, you will need to remove the ibus check on unity and be done once nux is merged07:33
bschaeferdidrocks, right now the TextEntry.h is including the ibus.h which is why the dep check was there for unity07:34
bschaeferdidrocks, the nux part just merged a little bit ago07:34
didrocksbschaefer: TextEntry.h is part of nux, isn't it?07:35
bschaeferdidrocks, yeah07:35
didrocksbschaefer: so yeah, it's not how you do it in that case07:35
didrocks(if thumper wasn't fixing the leak)07:35
didrockswhat you do in that case, is:07:35
didrocksyour nux.pc file is requiring ibus-1.007:35
didrocksthen, seeing that, the nux-dev package will dep on the ibus-dev package07:36
didrocksso, when you include nux from unity07:36
didrocksyou don't need to check for ibus07:36
bschaeferhmm I thought I had tried that, then it complained about no ibus.h found07:36
didrocksas the nux.pc check will make unity checking for ibus.pc07:36
didrocksbschaefer: it's how it works for all FLOSS project, so you probably did something wrong :07:37
bschaeferdidrocks, most likely ;)07:37
didrocksbut yeah, the reason here is "there is no magical reason unity dev should read the nux .h files to know that a dep is missing" ;)07:37
didrocksso Tim is fixing the leak, you don't need to do that07:37
bschaeferdidrocks, it is still good to learn!07:38
didrocksyou can push an additional revision that removes the ibus check in unity though07:38
didrocksbschaefer: yeah, it's pretty simple once you know it :)07:38
bschaeferdidrocks, thanks!07:40
bschaeferthumper, thank you too, for being up and working still07:40
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone08:31
brycehchrisccoulson, g'day08:33
chrisccoulsonhi bryceh, how are you?08:33
brycehchrisccoulson, good, you?08:33
chrisccoulsonbryceh, yeah, not too bad thanks. i feel like this week has been much more productive than last :)08:34
brycehgood, yeah been crazy amounts of bugs here on the X side, but got through a ton08:35
chrisccoulsonpitti - when does the freeze come in to effect?08:43
pittichrisccoulson: I think today at 2100 UTC08:43
kenvandinethe last mad dash :)08:44
chrisccoulsonpitti - ah, cool. thanks. i've got new builds of firefox and thunderbird, but i'm trying to hold out until i've got mozilla approval for making the changes for hyphenation08:44
chrisccoulsonand i don't want to do 2 uploads :)08:44
pittibonjour seb12808:59
seb128hey pitti, wie gehts?08:59
pittigut, danke!08:59
seb128kenvandine, go to bed!09:00
kenvandineseb128, soon:)09:01
seb128it's not a proper hour to upload video lenses :p09:01
seb128or anything else ;-)09:01
kenvandineseb128, damn your quick :)09:01
seb128kenvandine, tb is efficient09:01
* kenvandine ignores that09:01
seb128kenvandine, joke aside I was just opening my mailed and looking at -changes, good timing ;-)09:01
* kenvandine also really dislikes evolution now too09:01
jasoncwarner_wow kenvandine me thinks you should be sleeping09:05
didrockssalut seb12809:05
kenvandinejasoncwarner_, i did tell you i was going to be like an hour ago :)09:05
seb128lut didrocks, ca va09:05
seb128hey jasoncwarner_09:05
kenvandinei had two more things to finish... done now though09:05
* jasoncwarner_ notes how often I see someone saying "good night" and "good morning"09:05
jasoncwarner_kenvandine: ah...well, get to sleep ;)09:06
kenvandinevideo lens updated, time to crash :)09:06
kenvandinesee you guys in a couple hours!09:06
seb128kenvandine, 'night09:06
didrocksseb128: ça va, le rush dès la première minute, mais ça va :)09:07
brycehjasoncwarner_, good night.  And good morning!09:08
seb128didrocks, there is a reason I don't start my IRC first thing in the morning ;-)09:08
jasoncwarner_bryceh: seriously! you too!09:08
didrocksseb128: yeah, I tried to get that too, but was trapped this morning :)09:08
seb128didrocks, ;-)09:09
chrisccoulsonwow, it's busy in here this morning09:09
seb128that happens even to the bests!09:09
seb128chrisccoulson, hey, how are you?09:09
chrisccoulsonseb128, yeah, pretty good thanks. and you?09:10
seb128chrisccoulson, smashed a plug first thing this morning? ;-)09:10
seb128I'm good thanks09:10
chrisccoulsonseb128, oh, not this morning. my foot is still throbbing though09:10
chrisccoulsonand i still have a hole in my toe :(09:10
pittichrisccoulson: the doctor didn't stitch the toe together?09:12
chrisccoulsonpitti - oh, i've not been to see a doctor. they wouldn't do that anyway, they'd just send me to an A+E department09:13
chrisccoulsoni'm sure it'll heal :)09:13
pittiaren't you worried about infections?09:14
chrisccoulsonheh, i hadn't thought of that ;)09:14
brycehchrisccoulson, what happened?09:16
chrisccoulsonbryceh, i stepped on to the pins of an electrical plug on the floor, when i got out of bed a couple of mornings ago09:16
chrisccoulsonand one of them penetrated my foot ;)09:16
chrisccoulsonbut i also broke the plug09:16
brycehah, ouch.  yeah, tetanus shot time09:17
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
brycehsorry, didn't mean to kill the conversation, so to speak.09:22
pittibryceh: I hope he's running head over heels to a doctor!09:25
seb128not sure a doctor would do much for a cut09:30
seb128you can clean that with antiseptics yourself09:31
seb128well I guess different people have different habits, I would probably not run to a doctor either for that ;-)09:31
brycehseb128, suppose it matters how deep it is09:33
pittiI probably would when I coudl see my foot's inside from a larger hole09:33
pittiand GB power plugs are insanely big09:33
brycehseb128, still throbbing after 3-4 days might suggest infection09:33
pitti/join #ubuntu-doctors09:34
seb128well it matters if they need to close it and clean it in a better way yeah09:34
seb128pitti, or -> move to actual work :p09:34
seb128pitti, thanks again for the help on updates btw09:34
pittiseb128: I am currently uploading 821 packages; how many do you? :-)09:34
seb128pitti, I'm not going to pick that gauntlet09:35
* pitti hugs seb128, my pleasure09:35
* seb128 hugs pitti09:35
seb128you are 1 bug ahead again09:35
pittigo, seb128, go!09:35
didrocksI know why seb128 wanted to do the GNOME's update completly himself :)09:35
pittimy goal was to break the 200 mark this cycle09:35
pittithat would be a new personal record09:36
pittiI know, didrocks can only laugh at trivial numbers like this09:36
* didrocks has an army to work for him :)09:36
seb128oh, nice, Debian updated libgphoto2 yesterday, I just wanted to do that myself09:36
seb128didrocks, in fact I think pitti scored more bug closing from that GNOME update round than me :p09:37
pittididrocks: and yet the hud keeps popping up when I don't want it :)09:37
seb128but it's only fair from the stack of updates he did ;-)09:37
pittiseb128: oh? I think it was about 5 or so09:37
didrocksseb128: damn! :)09:37
didrockspitti: yeah, I just want to have enough people opening duplicate09:37
didrocksand closing them all, so that I can +100 on the bug number09:38
seb128pitti, yeah, I think I got between 3 and 5, g-c-c and g-s-d took me a whole afternoon to rebase and clean our patches and closed 1 bug we had09:38
didrockspitti: more seriously, this is a compiz and unity patch, it's #1 on the priority list09:38
pittididrocks: yes, I know; I was just kidding you09:38
didrockssee, it's #1, no kidding :)09:38
pittididrocks: I guess the real scope of the bug is larger than just alt+f409:39
seb128pitti, btw the 200 mark is a joke, you should aim for 300 seeing where we stand with stil like 5 weeks of bug fixing09:39
seb128we can do it!09:39
didrockspitti: yeah, I just didn't change the bug title09:39
pittiseb128: well, I never got to 200 before, so this was my goal at the start of the cycle09:39
didrockspitti: it's basically if you key + something, compiz please please please ignore "key" tap09:39
didrocksseb128: so, I think we don't need the metacity update, there is the gsettings stuff we don't want and the other fixes are not relevant IMHO09:40
pittiyes, I often get it with switching workspaces or terminal tabs09:40
seb128didrocks, ok09:40
didrockspitti: so switching ws on the way to change to Shift + Super + arrows09:40
seb128didrocks, what about the lim merge request from sam, does that needs to land before lim in compiz?09:40
didrocksseb128: no, both are independant from what I was told09:40
didrocksit will just be deactivated09:40
pittididrocks: sorry, shift+super+something will break my hand09:41
seb128didrocks, well, for feature parity for 2d I guess we will need to land it?09:41
pittididrocks: ctrl+alt is very convenient (keys are next to each other)09:41
didrockspitti: agreed, and moving a window will be Super + alt + arrows09:41
seb128didrocks, is lim planed to land before beta1 still?09:41
didrocksseb128: no, see the desktop meeting, no release before beta1 :)09:41
brycehdidrocks, heya good morning!09:41
didrocksseb128: yeah, they will land at the same time, hopefully (still need work on the 2d side)09:41
didrockshey bryceh09:42
didrocksbryceh: good morn… night! :)09:42
brycehdidrocks, are you aware of bugs 933322 / 931967?09:42
ubot2`Launchpad bug 933322 in xserver-xorg-video-ati "LightDM graphic corruption with ati and nvidia" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93332209:42
didrockslightdm? :)09:42
didrocksI don't really work on it, but looking :)09:43
brycehdidrocks, possibly they're dupes, we're not sure yet.  We *think* they're not unity bugs but not 100% certain.  Also think they're not X or driver bugs, but not 100% certain.  And we're not 100% certain they're lightdm either but that's the best guess so far.09:43
seb128bryceh, btw, I "like" how you put that wacom g-s-d bug that 1 user with specific hardware ran into on the wiki meeting page and didn't mention any of the xserver bug ten of unity users are running into ;-)09:43
brycehcan't repro on -intel09:44
seb128in the "Notable bugs this week:"09:44
seb128bryceh, I've nothing against being finger pointed for stuff we broke but I think that summary is not fair09:44
brycehseb128, yes but were any of those ten of unity users Pete Graner? ;-)09:44
seb128heh ;-)09:44
didrocksbryceh: it doesn't seem to be particularly linked to unity as people reports the same in GS, isn't it?09:45
brycehseb128, anyway, certainly wasn't trying to point fingers, sorry if it came off that way!  :-(09:45
seb128bryceh, well I would rank xorg segfault and closing your session several times a time over "g-s-d doesn't start when a specific wacom device is plugged leading to a weird looking but working desktop"09:45
seb128several times a "day"09:45
seb128bryceh, no worry, I just think you overranked that wacom issue to be fair, putting it at the top of the weeky is a bit much, it has bitten 1 user and it doesn't break the session just g-s-c09:46
brycehdidrocks, right, and I can reproduce the one on -ati logging into gnome classic (no effects) which is why I'm doubting unity.  But kinda running out of ideas so am seeing if anyone has more clue than I on it.09:47
seb128(anyway, moving on)09:47
brycehseb128, sorry it upset you!09:47
didrocksbryceh: hum, I don't have any ATI around, but gnome classic (no effects) have compisoted enabled, maybe try metacity without any compositing?09:48
seb128bryceh, oh it doesn't upset me, I just think it has been overanked over other issues, I've a list of bug that collect dups every day though :-(09:48
seb128bryceh, sorry for complaining, I got back to work (I just noticed that it was on the wiki because didrocks pointed to the page for the "no local menu in beta" info)09:49
brycehseb128, to be honest at the time I added it, a couple people had asked about it, and at the time it sounded fairly bad.  But mainly I was just penciling it in hoping you'd notice and follow up on it.09:49
seb128bryceh, yeah, fair enough, and thanks for making sure it got raised ;-)09:49
brycehseb128, also I guess I was thinking maybe the status report would be a good way to track bugs that are known issues but that we're not going to fix ASAP, that non-desktop people might run into09:49
seb128upstream is looking at it09:50
brycehbut maybe that's not such a great idea, I dunno09:50
brycehI'm certainly full of many not so great ideas09:50
seb128bryceh, well, I think it's a good idea, but I would think the synaptic, xorg and mesa issue are fairly common and should be there as well then ;-)09:50
brycehdidrocks, oh I assumed "no effects" implies no compositing?09:50
brycehseb128, right  totally agreed, those are well worth adding09:51
didrocksbryceh: I guess there are some, need to check on gconf, not 100% sure09:51
brycehactually, wait, I know the synaptic and mesa issues, what's the xorg issue?09:51
seb128bryceh, the WriteToClient thing09:52
seb128bryceh, but I didn't follow much, just read the discussion with the dx guys the other day09:53
brycehah right, that actually turned out to be nvidia 295.10 specific and is already fixed09:53
seb128oh, good news ;-)09:54
seb128bryceh, well anyway sorry if that seemed ranting, I find weird to find 2 GNOME bugs there and nobody's else bugs, it filled like a bit people were finger pointing on others issue but not listing theirs ;-)09:55
brycehseb128, really the only reason I listed those two was because they were originally reported against X as X bugs, and they ended up not X bugs but sounded like a lot of people would hit them.  I'll continue listing such bugs but will also try to remember to list the currently hitting X-and-really-is-X bugs as well.  Guess I overlook those since I'm actively working on them.  Would love it if you did similarly on the gnome09:56
brycehseb128, also you may have better insight into X bugs that people are hitting a lot, so don't be shy about flagging them if you think they're getting hit a lot.  That'll actually help me and chris focus on solving them.09:56
seb128bryceh, yeah, I like the "list known issue" idea, maybe having a separate section for those would be better though09:57
czajkowskigood morning people :)10:05
pittihey czajkowski, how are you?10:05
czajkowskigood thanks getting into this workign from home lark10:05
pittiyou didn't before?10:05
czajkowskinope never10:05
seb128hey czajkowski10:06
didrockspitti: if you have some minutes, can you please cheat with those build priority: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa/+packages -> compiz, c-p-m, metacity ?10:07
pittididrocks: done10:09
didrockspitti: thanks a lot, and sorry to bother you :)10:09
pittididrocks: no worries10:09
brycehseb128, alright here you go, my quick brain dump - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2012-02-2810:13
seb128bryceh, thanks, will try to do something similar to desktop as well10:14
seb128bryceh, you put it in "agenda" btw, maybe add a "known issues" section?10:14
brycehseb128, feel free to edit10:16
seb128right, it's a wiki !10:16
brycehRAOF, ^^ if I missed any X bugs worth mentioning, please add10:17
=== Chipaca` is now known as Chipaca
ogra_hmm, with the most recent update all fonts in my panel (unity-2d) got a colour blur around them .... and my notification bg color seems to be a dark green10:30
brycehogra_, I haven't heard of that bug.  Might be something unity2d related.  Check your /var/log/dpkg.log and downgrade as makes sense until you find the faulty component.10:35
ogra_note that i'm on arm ... and use a tegra2 driver ... i guess i should first disable that bit and see if its the driver10:36
ogra_i would have guessed for a Qt issue, but that wouldnt explain the green notification bubbles (which look really weird btw)10:36
Sweetsharkpitti: yeha! all reportbuilder deps seem to be there now! MIR galore, brace for impact.10:37
pittiSweetshark: yes, I poked them last night/this morning10:37
pittiSweetshark: note that most of them were in main before and thus don't need a MIR10:37
pittiSweetshark: we only need the libexttextcat thingy you already filied10:38
pittiSweetshark: is this related in any way to libtextcat (which is already in main)?10:38
pittisorry, it's in universe10:39
pittibut was in main in natty/oneriric10:39
Sweetsharkthere are a ot left for MIR10:41
Sweetsharkif we would upload again today (just for MIRs and reportbuilder) would that abort the running arm builds?10:41
pittino, builds are never aborted10:42
pittibut their builds might fail to upload10:42
pittidue to the obsolete version10:42
pittiso I'd rather wait until armhf has built10:42
pittiSweetshark: does https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/1:3.5.0-1ubuntu2/+build/3230659 provide any indication how far it is?10:43
Sweetsharkpitti: its in sd (star draw=impress, thats rather far up the build)10:44
Sweetsharkbut sd/sw (writer)/sc (calc) are the major beasts, so they are still to be done.10:45
Sweetsharksw alone is ~1/12 of compile time ...10:46
Sweetsharkpitti: is there any way to find out how big the buildlog is on the buildd by now?10:47
pittinot with mere layman powers10:47
Sweetsharkcomparing it to the amd64 log and filtering for compiles, it is roughly at 88% (assuming that the ARM make used the same build order, which it does not have to, but likely does)10:52
SweetsharkOTOH the sw/sd/sc compiles will take longer because they have bazillion of includes.10:53
Sweetsharkthe only way to be sure is once it is finished, we have a log and a total time to comare against.10:53
=== soren_ is now known as soren
=== cking_ is now known as cking
didrocksagain, xorg crashing on toomanywrite :/11:39
brycehdidrocks, ??11:56
didrocksbryceh: I'm getting the issue since oneiric: when there are too many write on my disk, X crashes12:06
brycehdidrocks, install my https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/mesa-8.0.112:17
didrocksbryceh: mesa? I have a nvidia card12:17
brycehdidrocks, 295.20?12:18
didrocksbryceh: yeah, I got it since oneiric12:18
didrocksand I'm on the latest12:18
brycehodd, dunno.  Filed bug#?12:19
* bryceh EOD + Bed. g'nite.12:19
pittibryceh: sleep well!12:20
didrocksI think I filed more than once, but can file another one with latest crash :)12:20
ogra_didrocks, soo ... we need to talk, i got an overview about the gles stuff yesterday ....12:28
ogra_didrocks, seemingly what linaro produced will be an 1.9MB patch file .... plus 4-500k for compiz-plugins-main12:28
didrocksogra_: ok, does it follow the requirement from the email thread?12:29
ogra_what thread exactly ? (i have like ten open for that topic)12:30
didrockssame here, and I have 2 people pinging me everyday about it :/12:30
didrocksit's so confusing12:30
ogra_i dont think it ships tests etc12:30
didrocksand I lost so much time on it12:30
ogra_who pinged you ?12:31
didrocksjay, david…12:31
ogra_it should all be run over my table12:31
didrocksso, the patch which don't ship tests12:31
didrocksthey are in #define armel?12:31
didrocks#ifdef sorry12:31
ogra_anyway, i dont think 1.9M is acceptable, but i also dont want to lose the work that was been done over thelast months12:31
didrockswhat's your proposal then?12:32
ogra_no, thats the compiz part, its a patch that should only be applied if DEB_BUILS_HOST is arm12:32
ogra_during package build12:32
didrocksok, some people come back telling it was finally on #ifdef12:32
ogra_well, seems they *can* clean it up, they just didnt have the time yet12:32
* didrocks *sigh*12:32
ogra_the end result should be more like 500k or so12:33
didrocksok, and that's the compiz part only applied on armel build, isn't it?12:33
ogra_the question is, regarding the beta, should we apply it now and wait for getting it updated until release or should we wait for the cleaned up patch and ask for freeze exceptions etc12:34
ogra_right, that was the plan12:34
ogra_but it will make your diff-gz horrid for a while if we apply it now ...12:34
didrocksbryceh: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/939470 when you wake up and it's retraced12:34
ubot2`didrocks: Error: <Bugtracker.plugin.Launchpad instance at 0xa5ae8cc> bug 939470 not found12:34
ogra_and indeed it would need your agreement (as well as skaet's)12:34
didrocksogra_: well, anyway, there is a FFe request to do, do you have any ETA for them to make the patch cleaned up?12:35
ogra_they promised me "before release"12:35
ogra_with me pushing for asap indeed12:35
didrockswell, "before release" it really vague12:35
didrocksyou can open a FFe12:35
ogra_alf should be able to give a very rough ETA12:36
didrocksand discuss with the release team when it's the last dadte12:36
didrocksogra_: also, I want to be clear12:36
ogra_will do (first talking to kate though)12:36
didrocksif compiz is FTBFS on armel, that won't prevent me to pushing a compiz fix12:36
didrocksthen, they will have to fix their patch promptly12:36
didrocksif not done and the armel image is broken for few days12:36
ogra_just ignore it and blame me or linaro (cant blame ubuntu-arm anymore, it dissolved)12:37
didrocksI'll revert the patch to make the armel image working12:37
didrocksogra_: heh, blaming you? with pleasure :)12:37
* didrocks hugs ogra_12:37
* ogra_ hugs didrocks 12:37
didrocksok, seems we are in agreement then :)12:37
didrockshope that will lift the confusion on all those threads!12:37
ogra_right, let me try to catch kate first though12:37
didrocksyeah, keep me posted12:37
ogra_yeah, i dislike doing it by mail at all12:37
ogra_we should just have quick ad-hoc IRC meetings so everyone is in the loop and can react immediately12:38
didrocksagreed, once you discussed it with kate, maybe you can arrange that?12:38
ogra_but seems thats not how linaro works :)12:38
ogra_i will try12:38
didrockssweet :)12:39
alfogra_: didrocks: Keep in mind that, as I mentioned yesterday, even the cleaned up patch is estimated around 400KB for compiz-core and around 300K for compiz-plugins-main12:41
ogra_yes, buts thats a lot smalled than x.xMB12:41
didrocksyeah :)12:41
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
RiddellI'm the beta tech release manager13:00
RiddellSweetshark: libreoffice here needs looked into toot sweet13:00
Riddellhmm, no robert, if anyone sees him tell him the lighdm needs cleaned up there13:01
seb128Riddell, what is the issue with lightdm?13:03
Riddelloh sorry, forgot link13:04
RiddellNBS is all13:04
seb128Riddell, no lightdm there13:04
Riddellseb128: "lightdm-gtk-greeter"13:04
seb128Riddell, lightdm-gtk-greeter is a standalone source now that needs to be taken care of by the derivatives that need it13:04
seb128robert_ancell said several time he wrote it as a demo greeter and has no intention to spend efforts on it13:05
seb128that's why he made a different project,source for it this cycle13:05
Riddellseb128: that's fine.  I'll just delete it then13:05
seb128so somebody from xubuntu,lubuntu,ubuntustudio needs to step up13:05
seb128Riddell, it's the default greeter for several derivatives13:06
seb128talk to them maye13:06
seb128talk to them maybe13:06
SweetsharkRiddell: hmm?13:13
RiddellSweetshark: http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/nbs.html13:14
SweetsharkRiddell: hmm, yes.13:15
Sweetsharkreportbuilder needed a few MIRs so we did not build it yet. The stuff is now synced an ready, but the currently building LO package doesnt yet contain it.13:17
seb128Riddell, well you can't delete "it" in fact, the issue is that the gtk greeter got moved to a new source and nobody packaged the new source, so the derivates depends on a nbs package, if you delete the binaries you just made the derivates uninstallable it doesn't solve the issue13:17
Sweetsharkpitti: opinion about the reportbuilder issue?13:17
Riddellseb128: ok thanks13:18
RiddellSweetshark: will you be ready in time for beta freeze (8 hours)?13:18
Sweetsharkready in sense of 'fixed package uploaded' or in the sense of 'package finished building on ARM'?13:19
Sweetshark1) yes (but then either MIRs would need to pass quickly) 2) no, no matter what I do, building on ARM takes way longer than 8 hours.13:20
Riddell1) is fine13:20
Riddellpoke mterry if you need MIRs13:21
mterryAt this point, MIRs likely need FFes too13:21
mterryOh, reading scroll back, this is a moved package?  Probably doesn't need an FFe then, but I don't have the whole conversation13:22
Sweetsharkmterry: some more tasty MIRs: bug 938582, bug 938708, bug 938709, bug 93871213:22
ubot2`Launchpad bug 938582 in libexttextcat "[MIR] libexttextcat" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93858213:23
ubot2`Launchpad bug 938708 in lucene2 "[MIR] lucene2" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93870813:23
ubot2`Launchpad bug 938709 in libcmis "[MIR] libcmis" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93870913:23
ubot2`Launchpad bug 938712 in sampleicc "[MIR] sampleicc" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93871213:23
Sweetsharkmterry: all those are a) in universe b) have already compiled in main as part of libreoffice before13:23
mterrySweetshark, noted.  I have some UIF stuff to do, but will get to that after13:24
Sweetsharkmterry: (they would just get properly get split out of the LO package into a separate one)13:24
SweetsharkRiddell: local build with reportbuilder just finished. Alas uploading now would mean that the currently building ARM packages do not get NEW'ed again :(13:27
Riddellas you wish, freezer is in 8 hours13:28
RiddellI'm able to do new on request13:28
seb128mterry, hey13:28
seb128mterry, how are you?13:28
Sweetsharkmterry: thx13:28
seb128mterry, did you talk to robert_ancell about getting an unity-greeter update out today?13:28
mterryseb128, good.  About to push out a couple exciting unity-greeter changes13:28
mterryseb128, I said that if he didn't do it, I would today.  So I'm about to13:29
seb128mterry, cool13:29
pittiseb128, Riddell: I contacted xubuntu etc. leads, they are preparing the new lightdm greeter source package13:29
seb128mterry, great work on the greeter this cycle, lot of good comments around ;-)13:29
seb128pitti, great, thanks!13:29
mterryseb128, yay :)13:29
mterrypitti, did you do the revamp of the apport dialog?  Looks nice13:29
pittimterry: that was ev13:30
pittiaccording to specs from mpt13:30
mterrypitti, ack, redirected my compliment then  :)13:30
Sweetsharkpitti, Riddell: who wants to upload libreoffice MIR-galore-edition?13:35
pittiSweetshark: "upload"?13:35
pittiSweetshark: oh, a new package; sure; did it finish building on armhf?13:35
Sweetsharkpitti: nope13:36
Sweetsharkpitti: it did neither finish nor fail13:36
Sweetsharkpitti: halting problem ftw13:36
Sweetsharkpitti: but Riddell found we have a dep on reportbuilder from the libreoffice metapackage but no reportbuilder package build.13:37
pittiSweetshark: yes, it's NBS13:38
pittithat's why I asked you about that a few days ago13:38
pittiSweetshark: but it's "only" NBS, so it's not so urgent to fix that we should risk more armhf delays13:39
pittibecause that, unlike the NBS, causes serious trouble13:39
pittiSweetshark: http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/precise_probs.html13:39
pittiwe need to fix those for beta-113:39
Sweetsharkpitti, Riddell: Fight!13:40
pittimuch of it is buildd lag etc, but yesterday there were 111 uninstallables, and _all_ were due to libo13:40
pittinot sure what all the other stuff is all about, perhaps we just got a new Qt which just finished building on armhf or so13:41
SweetsharkI have a 3.5.0-1ubuntu3 package ready here building reportbuilder and having pulling in all the MIR deps. I dont mind waiting for after the beta with that ...13:41
pittioh, that woudl be mesa13:41
Riddellpitti: mm, I'll put that page on the BetaProccess list13:41
pittiseems mesa didn't have an armhf build, I pinged tjaalton13:42
pittinevermind, it's due to the wayland upload apparently13:44
didrocksseb128: g-c-c trunk is all yours now :)13:46
seb128didrocks, thanks!13:46
Sweetsharkpitti, Riddell: would it make sense to do a 3.5.0-1ubuntu3 upload with reportbuilder and the MIRs if the current ARM build finish in 3-4 hours (before beta-1)?13:46
jbichagood morning13:46
pittiSweetshark: if it builds in two days or so, it sounds ok13:47
Riddellyes depends if images are needed before it builds13:47
Riddellbut they should be fine for smoketesting on i386/amd64 before we move onto arm13:47
* Sweetshark feels like doing the timewarp again.13:48
pittiRiddell: I'm just hesitant to upload it now because LibO _never_ built on armhf before, and causing massive uninstalalbility13:49
pittiwe need this built to succeed13:49
nessitahello everyone! quick question, I've been having the following for weeks now, is it expected or is something wrong in my setup?13:49
nessitaThe following packages have been kept back:13:49
nessita  nvidia-17313:49
pittinessita: no, the 173 driver isn't compatible with our current X.org13:49
pittiyou need to use -current13:49
nessitapitti: thanks!13:50
jbichamterry: would you be interested in uploading the new vte3?13:51
mterryjbicha, I'm a bit busy, but could try to pick it up after my queue is done13:52
Ursinhapitti, hello!13:52
pittiUrsinha: o/13:52
Ursinhapitti, we need someone to look at bug 82761513:53
ubot2`Launchpad bug 827615 in software-center "software-center crashed with TypeError in show_available_packages(): this constructor takes no arguments" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82761513:53
Ursinhait's not possible to install deb files by double clicking them13:53
Ursinhait's a regression13:53
jbichaseb128: not sure how busy you are today, but I'd like to see libosinfo make it out of the new queue (for gnome-boxes)13:53
pittiUrsinha: I assigned it to Gary13:53
seb128jbicha, quite busy, stuff uploaded before the freeze shouldn't need an exception, I guess the r-t guys will clear the queue13:54
seb128jbicha, but if they don't I will have a look later13:54
Sweetsharkheh. the armhf buildd not plays catchup with the armel one.13:54
seb128I think new stuff in universe should be fine to clear from the queue tomorrow13:54
seb128pitti, Riddell: ^ right?13:54
Ursinhathanks pitti!13:55
Riddellseb128: as long as it doesn't go against feature freeze13:55
pittimost of those were uploaded before FF13:55
pittinew processing is just a bit on the slow side with everyone working on last-minute things, I guess13:55
RiddellI might tackle New now13:57
mdeslaurseb128: hi! Do we have any plans on reverting indicator-session? LP: #93951813:57
pittijbicha: need sponsoring?13:57
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
kiwinoteUrsinha: fwiw mvo has already fixed that s-c bug in trunk, so it'll be working in the next s-c release when he's back from vacation13:59
seb128mdeslaur, I can do that yes14:01
Ursinhakiwinote, awesome, I'll add a note in the bug14:01
Ursinhakiwinote, and when is he back? :)14:01
kiwinoteUrsinha: not sure about that ;)14:02
jbichapitti: just https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/vte/ubuntu-vte314:04
pittijbicha: uploaded, thanks!14:06
desrt_jbicha: hey14:14
=== desrt_ is now known as desrt
desrtjbicha: any word on the shell?14:14
jbichadesrt: only thing I was hesitating on was that g-c-c/g-s-d was patched to not support changing Shell's keyboard shortcuts14:20
desrtjbicha: i talked to seb about that and it seems like it may be reasonable to have g-c-c/g-s-d update both sets of keys14:20
jbicharight, just waiting until someone does that14:20
desrtjbicha: and even if not, i don't consider that to be a blocker14:20
jbichaalso, Shell 3.9 now requires clutter 1.9 which is more work14:20
didrocksdesrt: hey!14:22
desrtdidrocks: hey :)14:23
didrocksdesrt: small question, when a gsetting schema key has a path, anything special need to be done for the override file?14:23
jbichaso clutter would need a ffe since it's a library transition, but would Shell?14:24
desrtdidrocks: no.14:24
jbichaI'm a bit confused about yesterday's decision that there are no standing FFe's14:24
desrtdidrocks: gsettings schemas normally have a path...14:24
seb128jbicha, what decision is that?14:25
didrocksdesrt: hum, ok :) I need to reread the doc about relocatable path then, I was thinking that you provide a path only in that case, but it's been a long time I didn't play with it :)14:25
didrocksand also, I need to make more test on why g-s-d doesn't want my override :)14:26
didrocksdesrt: thanks!14:26
desrtdidrocks: gsettings overrides are done at the schema level (ie: oblivious to dconf paths)14:26
jbichaseb128: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StandingFeatureFreeze?action=diff&rev2=13&rev1=1214:26
desrtso if you override a default value there, it should apply to all instances of that schema14:26
Sweetsharkpitti: armel is in install14:26
didrocksdesrt: ok, makes sense then! Thanks :)14:26
pittiSweetshark: crossing fingers for armhf :)14:26
seb128jbicha, I will pretend I didn't see that edit :p14:27
seb128jbicha, joke aside it makes that that things we didn't update yet to a new serie new a ffe14:27
seb128jbicha, the GNOME exception makes sense because we usually ship unstable .90 and it makes no sense to no go from there to stable14:27
seb128jbicha, stuff like a new clutter or a new gnome-shell need a ffe14:28
desrtparticularly clutter is... interesting14:28
desrtthere were some fairly substantial changes there that broke things for a while14:28
seb128yeah, I really want to stay away from that one14:28
seb128so much change this cycle14:28
desrti think it's ironed out now, but....14:28
ricotzhi, also having cogl break abi and bump soname with every pre-release doesnt help here either ;)14:28
seb128hey ricotz, right14:28
ricotzdesrt, hi14:28
desrtrebuild ALL the things!!14:28
ricotzseb128, hi14:29
desrtricotz: hi :)14:29
ricotzdesrt, exactly ;)14:29
seb128staying on clutter 1.8 spared us lot of efforts14:29
ricotzcogl will at least one more time bump it14:29
ricotzto remove/rename all EXP symbols14:29
ricotzseb128, for now, yes, but i hope there is the option to ship it when cogl is ready14:30
desrtseb128: gnome-session has a libunity depend.  what's the story there?14:30
seb128$ apt-cache show gnome-session | grep unity14:31
seb128Recommends: unity | unity-2d | gnome-shell (>= 3.0)14:31
seb128Breaks: bug-buddy (<< 2.20), gnome-power-manager (<< 2.28), unity-2d (<< 5.4~), xserver-xorg (<< 1:7.4)14:31
seb128desrt, ?14:31
seb128desrt, where?14:31
m4n1shdidrocks: ping14:31
desrti tried to remove libunity9 and it said it wanted to take gnome-session with it14:31
Sweetsharkpitti: armhf is in install14:31
desrtperhaps it's indirect14:31
seb128desrt, doesn't happen here14:32
seb128desrt, can you pastebin your log?14:32
desrtmaybe i have a weird ppa gnome-session installed14:32
didrocksm4n1sh: hey14:32
desrti'm in the middle of a dist-upgrade now.  letsee if that fixes it.14:32
m4n1shdidrocks: upload? or in queue?14:32
didrocksm4n1sh: in queue of doing next14:32
m4n1shstupid me. Forgot to add the mail title :)14:32
didrocksm4n1sh: dude, I'm taking care of more than just activity-log-manager :)14:32
m4n1shdidrocks: I know that :)14:33
desrtseb128: http://fpaste.org/EWX8/14:33
didrocksand not spot, no break since 7am :p14:33
m4n1shdidrocks: you handle just too many things :)14:33
didrocksso, let's be patient, it's on my list, it will be done today14:33
m4n1shjust too many14:33
didrocksas everyone working on ubuntu I guess :)14:33
* m4n1sh shows respect14:33
pittidobey: :( http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/20120223.1/14:34
pittidobey: that's with fresh langpacks, they only saved some 2 MB, and mostly because we currently don't have ubuntu-docs translations14:34
pitti(but these will come back)14:34
seb128desrt, hum, dunno14:34
pittidobey: so my hunch that squashfs wouldn't actually have duplicate files was right :/14:34
desrtseb128: gnome-session depends natuilus14:34
desrtseb128: nautilus depends libunity14:34
pittiso it seems we have 8 real MBs to chop off14:35
desrtseb128: i'm surprised it's not the same for you?14:35
pittichrisccoulson: ^ tbird and ffox will regain some 5 together?14:35
seb128desrt, it is in fact, I didn't spot it in the middle of the list here14:36
desrtcool.  makes sense.14:36
seb128desrt, that's because gnome-session depends on nautilus14:37
seb128and nautilus depends on libunity914:37
desrtseb128: yes.  as i said.14:37
* desrt puts killing libunity on his todo list14:37
seb128desrt, right, sorry I was checking and didn't read IRC ;-)14:37
seb128desrt, good luck14:37
desrta lot of the stuff in here should really be in libgio as part of GApplication14:37
* desrt has no hesitation to steal good ideas :)14:38
desrtin this case it looks like quicklist support14:38
seb128desrt, well it's mostly that and progress bars14:41
desrtyes.  we should support both of those14:42
desrtmaybe also message counts14:42
seb128that as well14:42
desrtthis is what i mean by getting rid of libunity14:42
desrtie: making it no-longer-necessary by catching up with gtk/glib14:43
chrisccoulsondesrt, oh, please do. that might mean we have a stable ABI14:43
seb128desrt, well you will never surpersed everything in there14:43
seb128desrt, but yeah, those could go in gtk14:43
desrtseb128: but probably enough to remove it as a depend of quite a lot of apps14:43
chrisccoulsonplease also kill libindicate :)14:43
seb128chrisccoulson, you hater :p14:44
* desrt loves haters14:44
chrisccoulsonseb128, have you tried using libindicate? ;)14:44
desrtchrisccoulson: i've heard people (at this company) say the same of certain glib apis :)14:45
chrisccoulsondesrt, oh, i found gvariant quite easy to use. i even managed to use it from jsctypes ;)14:45
seb128the issue with gvariant is not it being hard to use14:45
seb128it's it being easy to misuse14:45
seb128or rather to use in a buggy way14:46
desrtsame with printf14:46
seb128and what you get when you misuse it14:46
desrtvarargs is such a double-edged sword14:46
* desrt resumes hud-hacking14:48
seb128desrt, yes please, btw what's the story with gmenus and appmenu?14:50
desrtseb128: working on it...14:50
seb128desrt, ok, that will fix menus as well, not only the hud14:50
seb128desrt, robert_ancell was complaining that his games have no menu at all today14:51
desrtya... i guess i'm the one working on it :)14:51
chrisccoulsonwhen you refer to "appmenu", are you referring to the shell menu, or menubars?14:51
desrtseb128: so let me do a bit of explaining14:51
chrisccoulsoni'm confused now ;)14:51
seb128chrisccoulson, indicator-appmenu, same stuff we have for years14:51
desrtthere's a difference between "app menu" and "appmenu"14:51
desrtappmenu is that ^14:51
desrt"app menu" is gtk_application_set_app_menu14:51
chrisccoulsonyeah, this is getting really confusing nnow14:51
desrtie: the gnome-shell menu that all the games are using now14:52
desrtas well as gnome contacts, documents, epiphany, etc.14:52
seb128we should call those unity-menubar and shell-appmenu14:52
seb128issues is that games use no standard menu, just a shell-appmenu14:53
seb128so under unity they go nothing in the unity-menubar14:53
seb128nor the in-windows-fallback14:53
desrtya... appmenu-indicator has always been a particularly awful name14:53
desrtparticularly considering the existance of the different-again 'app indicators'14:54
seb128desrt, how do we go solving that issue?14:54
seb128desrt, teach indicator-appmenu to display menubars and shell-appmenus merged?14:54
desrtseb128: near as i can tell the plan is something like so:14:54
desrtright now, we have in the indicator-appmenu source package two binaries: the hud-service binary and the indicator-appmenu module that gets loaded into the panel service14:55
desrteach of these collect menu data from dbusmenu separately14:55
desrtted wants to merge hud-service into the appmenu indicator (ie: running inside of the unity panel service process)14:55
desrtthis would give it a connection to the X server which means that it would be able to pop up the menus on demand from unity14:56
desrtso only one process communicating to dbusmenu14:56
desrtthat would be the same process that does gmenumodel as well, of course14:56
desrtso the first step is to teach hud about gmenumodel14:56
desrtwhich i've already done, actually14:56
desrti just have to make it speak dbusmenu again as well ;)14:56
desrtthen the two processes get merged14:57
desrtthen the appmenu indicator starts taking its menus from the hud code14:57
desrttedg: is this accurate?14:57
Sweetsharkpitti: 3.5.0-1ubuntu3 signed and uploaded to chinstrap. still waiting for armel/armhf.14:57
pittiSweetshark: thanks; standing by then14:57
pittiSweetshark: also, we need mterry or someone else to approve the MIR first14:58
pittiotherwise it'll just be depwait14:58
seb128desrt, is all that what you want to land for precise? ;-)14:58
mterrypitti, these are the LO MIRs?14:58
desrtseb128: yes14:58
tedgdesrt, Yes, roughly.14:58
pittimterry: there should only be one, libexttextcat or so14:58
desrtseb128: i'm not really sure how the merging of these two proceses fits into the freezes, etc.14:58
seb128desrt, ok, I better stop talking to you on IRC and let you work :p14:58
desrtbut afaik that's been the plan all along14:58
* Sweetshark -> LibreOffice ESC call14:58
seb128desrt, well as usual, the sooner it lands the better ;-)14:59
desrttedg: any details that need 'fixing', just so we're all on the same page?14:59
mterrypitti, I see 4 from Sweetshark earlier14:59
pittimterry: hang on, a few were in main earlier14:59
mterrypitti, lucene2 is the only one where Sweetshark doesn't mention it being in main earlier15:00
tedgdesrt, Not really, I just was a bit confused on why you were discussing X connections.  But, I don't think that's a significant detail :-)15:00
desrttedg: presently the hud-service doesn't connect to X15:00
tedgdesrt, I mean, hud-service could connect to X without a problem if we wanted.15:00
pittimterry: ok, none of them ring a bell15:00
desrttedg: which makes it difficult to pop up a menu :)15:00
tedgdesrt, Sure15:00
pittimterry: I was thinking of libxml-java, pentaho-reporting-engine and friends; they just dropped out of main because reportbuilder got temporarily dropped15:00
desrttedg: btw... wanted to ask you15:01
desrtwhat's the deal with the usage tracking?15:01
desrtyou store it in a sqlite database (presumably for persistence)15:01
desrtbut you also clear it out once per day15:01
tedgdesrt, I clear out entries that are older than 30 days once a day.15:02
desrtgotcha.  thanks for clarifying :)15:02
tedgI wish there was a way to put jobs like that "when the hard drive is already spinning"15:03
=== mandel is now known as p
desrttedg: is there some sqlite commandline thingy i can type to see the current usage log, btw?15:03
desrtfor debugging15:03
=== p is now known as mandel
tedgdesrt, There's hud-list-applications and hud-dump-application15:03
desrtperfect.  thanks.15:04
tedgdesrt, Or you can just select * from usage; in the sqlite command line tool.15:04
desrttedg: i'm a very very lazy man15:04
desrtaka "a good programmer" :)15:05
tedgdesrt, Heh, I look forward to all the tools you're going to write for things you only do once ;-)15:05
desrtif only i could write a tool to go to my phone meetings for me...15:06
pittidesrt: cat mystatus.txt | gnome-orca, and put your phone to the speaker? :-)15:13
desrtpitti: i guess the meeting would not work very well if everyone did that15:16
kenvandinedesrt, it would go quickly!15:16
cyphermoxseb128: any counter-indications to making gnome-icon-theme-full replace gnome-icon-theme in evolution's Depends, gnome-icon-theme is missing one or two icons (encrypted emails) that are provided by -full ... I don't see issues with that as nothing seems to explicitly pull in evolution anymore15:17
seb128cyphermox, works for me15:17
seb128the -full thing is purely for the CD space15:17
cyphermoxyeah, that's what I thought15:18
cyphermoxjust making sure in case reverse-depends would lie for some reason15:18
cyphermoxwould be nice to bundle one or two other fixes to evo with that though15:19
chrisccoulsonb'ah, will people please stop emailing me about chromium builds? thank you :)15:19
cyphermoxchrisccoulson: break them long enough and the emails will stop ;)15:20
chrisccoulsoncyphermox, they've not been running for ages15:20
chrisccoulsonlack of disk space on the machine that they build from15:20
chrisccoulsonand lack of motivation to start them again15:21
chrisccoulsoni haven't used chromium in ages now15:21
cyphermoxchrisccoulson: do you mean on the buildds or on whatever machine fta was using to prepare the builds?15:21
chrisccoulsoncyphermox, oh, i was preparing the builds on chinstrap. but it's pretty much out of disk space15:21
cyphermoxthought it was still daily builds with that thingy15:22
chrisccoulsonthe chromium repo's were taking up something like 30GB or something ridiculous15:22
cyphermoxmore than half my hard drive!15:22
pittipitti.bugs_fixed += 7 # take that, seb12815:23
chrisccoulsoni wish i was doing something more productive than trying to make firefox build on powerpc again15:23
chrisccoulsoncan we kill it already? :)15:24
* seb128 rolls up sleeves, wait pitti15:24
jbichakilled a 4-digit bug with the gnome-terminal upload :)15:25
didrockspitti: seb128: just a warning, updating compiz will update the default keybindings15:26
didrockspitti: seb128: so if you never changed Ctrl + alt + arrows to something else, it will be Super + Shift + arrows15:27
* didrocks prepares to get a ton of pings about "my ws switcher is broken"15:27
pittididrocks: thanks; there's a high chance that I didn't, so I'll just set it back then15:27
didrockspitti: yeah, I ensured the g-c-c integration is working15:28
didrocksso no ccsm :p15:28
didrocksand exposed some additional keys15:28
didrocks(keeping Super press will also shows the default keys)15:28
seb128pitti, well I didn't restart my session but I confirm in a guest session :p15:28
Sweetsharkpitti: libreoffice installer finished on armhf, now it only need to package15:28
seb128didrocks, ^15:28
seb128didrocks, confirm that it works15:28
pittiSweetshark: nice, so only another hour or so? much better than the 6 days it took on the babbage board :)15:28
didrocksseb128: thanks! :)15:29
* didrocks pushes the package of packages15:29
mterrySweetshark, ping, so those 4 MIRs were all in main before?  This is just package shuffling?15:41
Sweetsharkmterry: in sofar as if they dont get MIRed we are build our own private version of the same lib inside LO. I would have to recheck if all those were in main before.15:45
* Sweetshark is in a ESC call.15:45
mterryoops, sorry  :)15:45
dobeypitti: so we'd still need to drop about 18M on the i386 image, right?15:49
pittidobey: 1015:50
mterryjbicha, you just did vte3?  thanks.   I can pick another one up for you in exchange?15:50
dobeypitti: 10 will make it actually fit on a CD right? we'd need 6-8 more for getting pyqt bits on?15:51
pittiah, right15:51
dobeypitti: and chrisccoulson's fixes for ffox/tbird aren't on the image yet, right?15:53
dobeythat should drop 10M off the size? or less?15:54
dobeyi guess probably less15:55
didrocksRiddell: hey, compiz FTBFS because it can't install kde-workspace-dev. I see no kde-workspace nor libkwinglesutils1 recent upload. Is the issue more deep in the dep chain? (https://launchpadlibrarian.net/93985206/buildlog_ubuntu-precise-i386.compiz_1%3A0.9.7.0~bzr2995-0ubuntu5_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz)15:56
jbichamterry: I'm good today, thanks!15:58
Riddelldidrocks: hmm installs for me, let me keep looking15:58
mdeslaurseb128: is this a gtk issue? http://imgpaste.com/D9vA.png16:03
mdeslaurseb128: I've been getting transparent context menus once every 10-20 times for the past couple of weeks16:03
seb128mdeslaur, I doubt it, I would rather blame it on the wm or unity or the theme16:04
seb128or xorg16:04
mdeslaurseb128: but lowering my pointer makes each entry draw properly...16:05
mdeslaurseb128: ok, thanks16:05
seb128I didn't notice it here16:05
Riddelldidrocks: dunno it installs fine in a chroot too16:05
seb128mdeslaur, do you use unity-3d?16:05
seb128mdeslaur, I would blame compiz16:05
seb128mdeslaur, did that start after we got the new compiz?16:05
Riddelldidrocks: but compiz had another compile error with kde recently and I said it would be fine to drop the kde bits16:05
didrocksRiddell: yeah, I just didn't drop the build-dep if we want to put it back one day16:06
mdeslaurseb128: it's possible16:06
didrocksRiddell: let me try to rebuild, it's fine in a pbuilder here as well16:06
seb128mdeslaur, well my bet would be compiz in any case16:06
didrocksRiddell: otherwise, I'll just drop the dep16:06
mdeslaurseb128: ok, will file against compiz, thanks16:06
seb128mdeslaur, yw16:06
seb128mdeslaur, you could try unity-2d for some hours if you can trigger the bug easily16:06
seb128mdeslaur, and see if that still happens there16:07
didrocksmdeslaur: seb128: there is already a bug opened against this16:07
seb128didrocks, compiz bug then?16:07
didrocksalready in the priority lilst16:07
didrocksRiddell: ok, it still can't take it16:09
mdeslaurthanks didrocks, found it16:13
seb128pitti, is report['Tags'] a list or a string where tags are separated by spaces?16:23
didrockslast time I used it, it was a string with tags separated by spaces16:24
seb128didrocks, ok, what it seemed to be to me as well, thanks16:24
seb128I just wanted to check16:25
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-nom
=== mandel is now known as p
didrockswaow, was a long time ago I didn't experienced a kernel panic16:28
didrocksI have thus to restart building compiz without kde-*16:29
=== p is now known as Guest68461
didrocksRiddell: ok, kde-ws-dev is installing now, I'll ask for rebuilds16:37
=== Ursinha-nom is now known as Ursinha
pittiseb128: a string16:49
pittidobey: ffox/tbird should buy about 4 MB16:49
dobeydid a recent update break gtk-doc btw? it seems to be failing to build html docs for me, and when doing ./autogen --enable-gtk-doc, make dist fails as there are no html files output to copy to the dist dir16:51
kenvandinedobey, not that i noticed16:51
dobeyah, it's just the same brokenness that gtk-doc has always had i guess16:54
chrisccoulsonm_conley_away, do you plan to add the QF button on to the toolbar in the current beta?16:54
chrisccoulsonm_conley_away, oh, i see it's already been done on the beta :)17:01
chrisccoulsonis there any chance of getting a monochrome icon for that? ;)17:02
Sweetsharkpitti: I just read "build successfully" flying by on the armhf buildd17:02
pittiSweetshark: indeed, it's at chroot cleanup17:03
pittiarmhf: 79717:03
pittiwith libo and mesa this should go down to 1 or even 0 in a few hours17:03
=== davidcalle_ is now known as davidcalle
pittiand armel accepted17:05
didrocksm4n1sh: so, I need to build with --with_whoopsie and dep on polkit-gobject-1, isn't it?17:06
didrockswell, --with-whoopsie17:06
m4n1shdidrocks: yes17:06
m4n1shin case you pass that then --with-ccpanel is not not needed17:07
m4n1shpolkit is added as a dep17:07
didrocksm4n1sh: ok, we agree then ;)17:07
Sweetsharkpitti: PARTY indeed: \o\ /o/ \o/ /o? big kudos to janimo and doko17:07
* Sweetshark -> TDF advisory board call now17:08
aleixhi, I'm working on an implementation of Ubuntu's ratings and reviews API for Kubuntu17:17
aleixI was wondering if there's any documentation about the rnr service17:18
pittiSweetshark: libreoffice_3.5.0-1ubuntu3_source.changes uploaded17:27
Sweetsharkso, by saturday we will have another ARM build finished hopefully ;)17:28
Sweetsharkpitti, mterry, Riddell: thanks for bearing with me on timing this!17:29
pittino worries :)17:29
pittinow we start from a clean base, so it doesn't matter if that build takes a bit longer17:29
kiwinotealeix: you may want to take a look at https://code.launchpad.net/rnr-server - feel free to ask any questions in #software-center17:35
aleixoh the channel was #software-center, sorry17:35
pittididrocks: compiz FTBFS is due to mesa17:41
pittididrocks: mesa just built, needs to publish then we can retry this17:42
didrockspitti: you mean the kde-workspace-dev? yeah, I redid a build on amd6' and i386 and it works now17:43
didrocksstill need armel17:43
pittiyes, it's due to mesa/wayland17:43
pittididrocks: see http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/precise_probs.html17:43
pittiit's fun, nothing uses wayland, and yet it makes > 800 packages uninstallable when it breaks :)17:43
didrockspitti: yeah, I need to take the habit looking at this page when something is weird in the archive, way easier to pinpoint the issue :)17:45
didrockspitti: thanks for the notice!17:45
* didrocks waves goodnight18:41
nessitaanyone knows who's maintaining (if someone) aptdaemon?19:06
pittinessita: mvo and glatzor19:06
nessitapitti: thanks! will ping19:06
* nessita git bitten by bug #92634019:07
ubot2`Launchpad bug 926340 in aptdaemon "aptd crashed with UnicodeDecodeError in _set_error(): 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92634019:07
nessitaglatzor: ping, if you're aroung19:08
chrisccoulsonhmmm, this is quite an interesting read, for anybody using python: http://revista.python.org.ar/2/en/html/memory-fragmentation.html ;)19:24
chrisccoulson(or any other language for that matter)19:24
jbichamterry: are you still interested in doing favors?19:34
mterryjbicha, :)  sure19:34
jbichamterry: looks like shaunm did a bunch of releases today, I'm grabbing gnome-user-docs & devel-docs but I can't upload yelp-tools or yelp-xsl19:35
mterryjbicha, sure, I got 'em19:36
pittigood night everyone!19:39
mterrypitti, night!19:39
desrtRAOF: boundaries stopped working?19:44
desrtboundaries -> barriers(?)19:44
micahgjbicha: bug 93976319:55
ubot2`Launchpad bug 939763 in cheese "package libcheese-dev 3.3.5-0ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite '/usr/include/cheese/cheese-widget.h', which is also in package libcheese-gtk-dev 3.3.90-0ubuntu1" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93976319:55
desrtchrisccoulson: sounds like gslice!19:59
jbichamicahg: thanks20:03
dobeyfeature/ui freeze: when all the regressions pop up.20:26
tedgchrisccoulson, Heh, you still awake?20:51
chrisccoulsontedg, yes, parts of me are still awake :)20:54
tedgchrisccoulson, Okay, shut of the porn, I need some blood upstairs :-)20:54
tedgchrisccoulson, I'm getting a blank dbusmenu item at the end of the Thunderbird menus.20:55
tedgchrisccoulson, Have you seen that?20:55
chrisccoulsoni haven't20:55
* chrisccoulson opens dom inspector to see if i can find anything20:55
tedgchrisccoulson, I fixed a bug to show items with out submenus, and now I'm getting one...20:55
tedgchrisccoulson, If you do /usr/lib/libdbusmenu/dbusmenu-dumper and click on TB you'll get the dump.20:56
tedgchrisccoulson, It should be the very last one.20:56
chrisccoulsontedg, oh, i see that too20:58
chrisccoulsontedg, should be easy for me to figure out :)20:58
tedgchrisccoulson, Heh, famous last words ;-)20:59
chrisccoulsontedg, oh, i see21:00
chrisccoulsontedg, so, the issue is that we insert dummy nodes for items that can't be represented in the menubar, to keep everything in sync so that we can handle insertions/removals correctly21:01
chrisccoulsonand there is a spacer on the end of the menubar21:01
chrisccoulsoni've been wondering for a while how to get rid of this workaround :/21:01
tedgchrisccoulson, well, it's not too big a deal if you just set the visibility to false :-)21:01
chrisccoulsonwe added it a while back to resolve crashes we were getting when menuitems were being removed21:01
chrisccoulsonoh, are we not setting the visibility?21:02
chrisccoulsontedg, hmmm: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~extension-hackers/globalmenu-extension/trunk/view/head:/extensions/globalmenu/components/src/uGlobalMenuDummy.cpp#L53 :/21:03
tedgchrisccoulson, When I dump it that property isn't set.  Is it different on the root item?21:04
tedgchrisccoulson, That should be property_set_bool()21:05
chrisccoulsonhah, well spotted :)21:05
tedgGlad you didn't set it to TRUE anywhere :-)21:06
chrisccoulsonif i set it to true, i might have seen a compiler warning :)21:06
chrisccoulsonor, would i?21:07
chrisccoulsonactually, perhaps not21:07
chrisccoulsonyeah, if i'd set it to true, i guess it would have crashed21:07
chrisccoulsonok, i'll get that fixed21:07
chrisccoulsonthanks :)21:07
chrisccoulsonok, hopefully that should work now: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~extension-hackers/globalmenu-extension/trunk/revision/27721:11
tedgchrisccoulson, ship it!21:11
chrisccoulsoni'll make sure it's in the next upload i do, which may be later (hopefully)21:12
kenvandineseb128, mind doing a quick review of my new farstream package?  i am not quite ready to upload it yet, but always nice to get feedback early21:47
seb128kenvandine, can do, where is it?21:48
kenvandineseb128, it replaces libgstfarsight-0.10-021:49
RAOFdesrt: What are you seeing?  Yours is the first report of non-barriers (after fixing the nvidia far-left case) I've come across.21:49
kenvandineno idea why they renamed the project21:50
desrtRAOF: just not seeing them working in gnome-shell21:50
seb128kenvandine, ok21:50
desrtno gnome-shell upgrade, but just upgraded X, so i assume the change was there21:50
RAOFdesrt: I would be really surprised if the latest xorg changes broke shell; I'll test locally, though.21:53
robert_ancellseb128, still there?22:00
seb128robert_ancell, hey22:01
seb128robert_ancell, how are you?22:01
robert_ancellseb128, good.  After 3 attempts I'm going to hopefully get the lightdm PAM session patch working today.  It's quite invasive but the regression tests (which I am adding more) do pass on it so it gives me some confidence.  It needs a load of testing to be sure of course.  How do you recommend we test it?  Also, is it affected by the freezes?22:03
seb128robert_ancell, so for the easy one: we are in hard freeze (i.e archive blocked and release team reviewing queue), so yes, it's affect by the freeze22:03
seb128robert_ancell, not sure it counts as a feature for after beta, but it would still be good to have it reviewed I think22:04
robert_ancellseb128, yeah, so it's really a big bug fix rather than a feature22:04
seb128robert_ancell, are you confident enough to push it to people who are brave enough to run the ubuntu-desktop ppa?22:04
seb128I would recommend putting it there during the beta freeze22:05
seb128and file a bug for review from pitti and slangasek22:05
robert_ancellseb128, I think I'll make a separate PPA, and then if you can test it tomorrow we should push it to the desktop PPA quickly if it appears to be working well22:05
seb128just for sanity check from people who know pam etc22:05
robert_ancellI'm going to get the corporate people who are most effected to test it as they have the complex PAM setups for real22:05
seb128robert_ancell, works for me, just put it in your own ppa if you don't use it for anything else22:06
seb128for the first testing round22:06
seb128robert_ancell, or if that's just for me, put it in the vcs I can locally build lightdm22:06
robert_ancellseb128, it's on lp:~robert-ancell/lightdm/session-refactor3 (but I'm still ironing out final bugs)22:07
seb128robert_ancell, drop me an email with the vcs or ppa if you get it in a state you are confident enough to get testing today and I will test tomorrow22:07
seb128robert_ancell, or do you want a first testing round on the current version?22:07
robert_ancellno, it still fails 13 regression tests22:07
robert_ancellbut that does mean it passes 80 :)22:08
seb128robert_ancell, btw while you are there quick note and one question22:08
seb128robert_ancell, 1- I reverted the indicator-session "don't lock" commit in our package today since we still had cases were locking was not happening22:08
seb128robert_ancell, not sure if I should get it reverted in trunk as well or if that's just "lightdm needs to handle stuff it doesn't yet"22:09
robert_ancellseb128, yeah, they should probably revert22:09
robert_ancellwe'll have to solve it properly in 12.1022:09
seb128robert_ancell, and the question was "what happened to lock screen"? you said you would have a go at trying to make g-s be unity-greeter like (and yes I realize weeks have only so many hours ;-)22:10
seb128just being curious22:10
robert_ancellseb128, I started looking at it, but it's not simple22:10
seb128ok, that's what I figured22:10
robert_ancellI don't think I'll have the time.  This lightdm patch is more important I think so I've been scrambling to get it working before the baby22:10
seb128I hate our current lock screen and I wonder if we could do better with a bit of work, going the full way seems obviously for next cycle22:11
seb128robert_ancell, agreed22:11
robert_ancellseb128, does anyone have the time?22:11
seb128I was just status checking22:11
* seb128 looks at mterry22:11
robert_ancellit's definitely technically feasible, and it would be worth it22:11
seb128mterry, RUN22:11
robert_ancellmterry, hey, feeling better?22:11
mterryrobert_ancell, better enough22:11
seb128oh, mterry was not feeling good?22:12
mterryseb128, yeah I was off yesterday22:12
seb128mterry, hey, sorry to hear you were not good, but good that you are better ;-)22:12
mterrybad timing right before a freeze  :)22:12
seb128mterry, did I tell you how much users like the unity greeter? ;-)22:12
seb128robert_ancell, ^ as well22:12
seb128we got quite some nice user comments on european hours recently22:12
seb128just sharing the feedback ;-)22:13
seb128mterry, we were discussing lock screen and how ugly the current one is22:13
mterryseb128, yar.  We postponed that until 12.10, right robert_ancell?22:13
seb128mterry, robert_ancell asked if somebody would have any time to maybe improve that, I just throw your name in case22:13
mterryAh, I see.  /me glares at seb12822:14
seb128but I guess you are busy as everybody else22:14
robert_ancellmterry, yeah we did... :)22:14
seb128it was worth trying :p22:14
mterryseb128, you're talking about some half-way step to make it look nicer, even without full unity-greeter interaction?22:14
seb128mterry, yes22:14
robert_ancellmterry, yes, patch gnome-screensaver22:15
robert_ancellto look like unity-greeter22:15
seb128just doing something better than this solid grey rectangle with weird aligned label22:15
seb128I would be happier with like a non grey rectangle and some labels alignment etc tweaks I guess22:15
seb128mterry, the full "use the greeter" stuff is not for this cycle for sure22:16
mterryseb128, sounds like someone doesn't know that we passed UI Freeze  :)22:16
seb128did we? ;-)22:16
seb128mterry, yeah, sorry, it's that day of the cycle where you realize that it's uif and that we still have some sucking ui bits :p22:17
seb128I will get over it tomorrow :p22:17
mterryseb128, I kind like the gray box  :)22:17
mterryseb128, reminds me of a simpler time22:17
RAOFBefore we cared about appearance? :)22:17
seb128when our only users were geeks who don't have any taste? ;-)22:17
mterryseb128, what does GNOME3 do?  Is it in-shell?22:18
RAOFUm, why is déjà dup using white text on a light background?22:18
seb128mterry, no, they plan to use the shell but didn't get to it this cycle22:18
seb128mterry, so they basically have what we have I think22:18
Sarvattnah 10 minutes ago before someone tried to get him to do it :)22:18
mterryRAOF, GTK bug, but it's worked around in very latest deja-dup uploaded today22:20
RAOFHurray!  Now, if the upgrade would kindly not try to remove *:i386... :)22:20
mterryseb128, I bet Cimi could whip up some CSS to make it look nicer (at least white on black instead of black on white)22:21
* mterry passes buck22:21
seb128mterry, nice try ;-)22:21
seb128if Cimi wasn't like 2 weeks behind on uif22:21
seb128like he wanted to fix unity ui bugs this week22:22
seb128do some "unfocussed theme" next week22:22
seb128then start fixing the theme for the new gtk...22:22
seb128then look at bugs22:22
RAOFdesrt: Hm, missing barriers confirmed.  Let's see what's a happenin'.23:03
RAOFmterry: How much effort do you think it'd be to get déjà dup to backup from a btfrs snapshot of $HOME, rather than the live fs?23:06
mterryRAOF, how are btfrs snapshots exposed to the system?23:07
mterryRAOF, I'd have to make btrfs calls to get it?23:07
RAOFmterry: Yeah.  At worst you could fork a call to the btrfs binary.  The snapshots are exposed as regular directories; it's essentially the same as mounting a different device on a directory.23:07
mterryRAOF, obviously, if you could expose it as a regular dir before deja-dup becomes involved, that's easiest.  But it sounds like you want to be able to tell deja-dup to do that mounting itself?23:09
RAOFmterry: Yeah, that'd be ideal; take a snapshot, back up from that, and then delete the snapshot.23:09
mterryRAOF, ah ah, you mean taking snapshots too.  That would be great; makes sure the files are quiescent23:10
RAOF(This is on the basis that backups to U1 take on the order of days for me; there's plenty of time for the backup to become incoherent due to skew)23:10
RAOFRight.  That's exactly the problem I'd like to solve :)23:11
RAOFdesrt: There's no change I can see which would obviously cause the lack of gnome-shell barriers.  When did you last update X?23:12
mterryRAOF, bug 93990323:13
ubot2`Launchpad bug 939903 in deja-dup "Use btrfs snapshots during backup if possible" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93990323:13
desrtRAOF: let me check my apt log23:15
desrtStart-Date: 2012-02-23  09:31:1823:15
desrtxserver-xorg-core:amd64 (1.11.4-0ubuntu3, 1.11.4-0ubuntu4)23:15
RAOFmterry: Sweet.  I may look into implementing that if I have a lazy day and I don't feel like releasing Do :)23:16
desrtRAOF: last xorg change before that was xserver-xorg-input-synaptics:amd64 (1.5.0+git20120210-0ubuntu2, 1.5.99~git20120220-0ubuntu2) on the 20th23:17
mterryRAOF, :)23:17
desrtpretty sure (a) unrelated and (b) was working since then23:17
desrtso i'm guessing something happened with the xorg-core 0ubuntu3 -> 0ubuntu4 upgrade23:17
RAOFOk.  I can't really see how, so it's time for Mr GDB From A Second Machine.23:18
desrtlet me see if i still have the archive around to do a downgrade23:18
RAOFYou could also pick the files from Launchpad if you don't still have them.23:18
desrti do.  logging out/in23:18
desrtdowngrading to 0ubuntu3 fixes it23:19
desrtso there you go23:19
desrt  * debian/patches/500_pointer_barrier_thresholds.diff:23:20
desrtoh come on23:20
desrtnothing obvious that could have caused it? :p23:20
RAOFI mean, there's nothing obvious in that diff.23:20
RAOFI *did* change the implementation slightly, true :P23:20
desrtgdb time, indeed23:21
RAOFAh, my old nemesis, <optimised out>.23:35
SweetsharkRAOF: still better than the "sexier segfault" from https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=862223:38
ubot2`Freedesktop bug 8622 in Lib/Xlib "libX11/XCB threads: simultaneous event-wait with other Xlib request breaks" [Major,Resolved: fixed]23:38
broderRAOF: i *hate* <optimised out>!23:44
brycehtime for a build with disabled optimizations23:46
* Sweetshark is a bit pumped up still, from two touch and go LibreOffice uploads (read, "armhf is finished, ok, pipe in the next one!". there were no more than 5 minutes between build finished and next upload.23:46
* desrt installs debugging symbols to discover what broder hates23:52
* desrt installs debugging symbols to discover who RAOF's old nemesis is23:52

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!