=== eu is now known as Guest5442
JamesTaitHappy Fix It Friday everyone! :D09:37
davidcallemandel, ping10:11
mandeldavidcalle, pong!10:14
davidcallemandel, hi. I have a Soup question you might be able to answer. When I need to set a timeout if the server takes time to answer, do I use timeout or idle_timeout?10:15
mandeldavidcalle, so, idle_timeout is how long you want to keep the connection alive with the server without doing a thing, while timeout is the timeout you will have for the blocking IO10:20
mandeldavidcalle, in your case you should use timeout10:20
davidcallemandel, thanks, I wasn't sure about the difference between the two. :)10:21
mandeldavidcalle, yeah, the names are confusing, idle_timeout is for long living connections, some apps need those.. which is a pita with proxy because some are configured not to let you have one10:22
davidcallemandel, I see10:23
gatox_good morrning!11:14
=== gatox_ is now known as gatox
Chipacagatox: hola!11:27
gatoxChipaca, buenas11:28
mandelgatox, morning!11:32
gatoxmandel, hi there!11:32
gatoxmandel, congratulations about the proxy support! :P i forgot to tell you that11:33
mandelgatox, well, is just control panel, we have to do some serious work about auth proxies for sd, but we are getting there :)11:34
mandelgatox, and I'm really please that we are doing it on time hehe11:34
gatoxmainerror, you have to start somewhere :P11:34
mandelgatox, autocomplete hehe11:35
mandelgatox, stop using ninja as your irc client ;)11:35
gatoxOMG!! AGAIN!11:35
gatoxmandel, jejejeje nono, i use xchat..... but i'm lazy and i tend to type only the first 2 chars of the name11:36
mandelgatox,  :)11:36
ryeduanedesign, published the fixed maverick->lucid version to  https://launchpad.net/~rye/+archive/ubuntuone-support11:36
mandelwtf!! unity just decided to log off12:02
gatoxmandel, maybe it saw you tired :P12:05
mandelgatox, hehe I don't think we are at that point yet12:06
gatoxmandel, jeje12:06
mandelok, restarting system..12:09
duanedesignyou rock rte12:19
ryeduanedesign, well, now I will wait for dobey to see whether it can be integrated. The thing is if it is reverted, then the nautilus will hang for 2 minutes on startup, this cannot be fixed easily, If it stays, nautilus does not hang but sd does not work if the amount of files is big12:20
nessitabuen día!12:28
gatoxnessita, hi12:29
gatoxnessita, finishing with your review12:29
nessitagatox: how is it looking?12:30
nessita(besides long :-/)12:30
gatoxnessita, fine..... i only found one thing that i would suggest to change..... do you want me to tell you here or put it as need fixing?12:31
nessitagatox: tell me, I may start working on that12:31
gatoxnessita, - In setup_account_page.py you are calling self._set_line_edits_validations() inside the initializePage method, and the function "_set_line_edits_validations()" has 2 connect operations inside, that lines (the connect ones) should be moved to _connect_ui, initializePage is called every time the wizard need to show that page, and i would recommend to not make the connects there.12:31
nessitagatox: looking!12:32
nessita(it I moved that initializePage, it was not my intention)12:32
gatoxnessita, it or if?12:34
nessitaif :-)12:34
gatoxnessita, ahhhh yes.... that's the only thing i found12:35
nessitagatox: I'm looking at my diff (with meld :-P) and self._set_line_edits_validations() was added to def _set_translated_strings(self):12:35
gatoxnessita, i used meld too! :P12:35
gatoxnessita, ahhhh you are right..... too many colors confuse me12:36
nessitagatox: congrats! :-D let me show you a screenshot12:36
nessitaah, you saw it already?12:36
gatoxnessita, yes12:36
gatoxnessita, either way....... it's not a problem of your branch because it was like this before, but i think that would be better to do all the connects, in _connect_ui12:37
nessitagatox: when doing that code, I wasn't sure if12:37
nessita        self._set_line_edits_validations()12:37
nessita        self._register_fields()12:37
nessitashould go into _set_translated_strings or _connect_ui12:37
nessitagatox: I even would like to get rid of those 2 functions, and have a single _setup_page12:38
nessitagatox: that would be called from the setup_page in SSOWizardPage12:38
nessitagatox: but if I do that, branch will grow up :-/12:38
gatoxnessita, yes... i'm not sure about putting everythingg together..... it's easy to read if you can identify clearly the scope of each function12:39
gatoxsome classes has little code in there, but for example setup_account has a couple of lines12:40
nessitagatox: yes, that also... anyways, another thing I was in doubt was that12:40
nessita        title_page = TITLE_STYLE % TITLE.format(app_name=self.app_name)12:40
nessita        self.setTitle(title_page)12:40
nessita        self.setSubTitle(self.help_text)12:40
nessitashould not be called in initializePage... what do you think?12:40
gatoxnessita, mmmm if exist the chance that someone is going to do: setup_accont.app_name = "something else"; move_to_setup_account12:41
gatoxif not..... it's not necessary12:42
gatoxi  mean12:42
nessitathe app_name should never ever change :-) but I will not change that in this branch12:42
gatoxif that text could change during the execution of the same application, and we need that to be refresh just in case every time that page is shown, yes.....  but in any other case, i would leave that in the __init__ or any inialization method and execute it only once12:43
gatoxthat's my opinionn12:44
nessitaI understand12:44
nessitagatox: another thign I just see and is very wrong (and is causing a bug assigned to High to you) is this:12:44
nessita        self.set_up_button.clicked.connect(self.overlay.show)12:44
nessita        self.set_up_button.clicked.connect(self.set_next_validation)12:44
nessitainside initializePage12:44
gatoxnessita, yes, that is not going to connect several times the same signal..... but i prefer to avoid that anyway12:45
nessitagatox: but it also wrong that both self.overlay.show and self.set_next_validation are connected to self.set_up_button.clicked12:46
nessitaonly the first one should12:46
nessitaand on_user_registered should do self.set_next_validation12:46
gatoxnessita, ahhhh.... i understand12:47
nessitagatox: that's causing bug #93450212:47
nessitagatox: there is no need to do all the setup for the self.set_up_button there, right? that could be done in _connect_ui, no?12:48
gatoxnessita, yes12:49
nessitaack, thanks!12:49
gatoxnessita, review please https://code.launchpad.net/~diegosarmentero/ubuntu-sso-client/uife-padding/+merge/9445012:53
mandelI think we should switch to php.. https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=6109512:58
nessitagatox: yes!13:00
nessitamandel: hola! I started doing reviews for you last night... added a comment to the first one13:00
mandelnessita, sweet, let me take a look13:00
nessitamandel: is trivial, I must confess I saw that and stopped (it was very late here, will continue now)13:01
mandelnessita, no worries, I'm happy you saw that and wrote the comment :)13:01
mandelnessita, I hate to leave #HACK comments around..13:01
nessitaralsina: got my email for the review?13:15
nessitahola alecu13:25
nessitamandel: ping13:41
mandelnessita, pong13:41
nessitamandel: can you please mark all the strings in https://code.launchpad.net/~mandel/ubuntu-sso-client/ssl-dialog/+merge/94012 to not be translated? so the  generated method retranslateUi is empty, like in the rest of the uis13:42
nessitamandel: after my fix to the strings every method in the _ui.py file has this:13:43
nessita     66     def retranslateUi(self, Form):13:43
mandelnessita, sure, sorry this was an old branch, let me fix that13:43
nessita     67         pass13:43
mandelnessita, quick errands and I'm on that (3 min)13:43
nessitamandel: no rush13:43
* nessita will make some mate13:44
dobeyneats a preview13:57
dobeyrye: revert what?13:57
ryedobey, UniqueInterface in maverick was added to allow syncdaemon start w/o being noticed by nautilus plugin. When plugin saw syncdaemon on the bus, it started communicated with the latter. In case metadata loading was long, nautilus and desktop was hanging waiting for the response.13:59
ryedobey, but it turned out that dbus waits only for 2 minutes for the autostarted app to claim the required bus name and it kills it after that13:59
nessitamandel: question when you get back14:21
nessitaare we still ralsinaless?14:21
dobeyyou'll have to ask ralsina14:24
ralsinagood morning!14:25
ralsinaYou are now ralsinafull14:25
nessitaralsina: hola! everything ok?14:27
nessita(besides kid-schedule-issues)14:28
ralsinanessita: just a lot of kid-related scheduling issues14:29
ralsinanessita: but have no more of those starting today :-)14:29
ralsinanessita: I started the monster review, but I am not finished yet14:31
nessitaralsina: hey! is not monster14:31
nessitamost of that is red@!14:31
ralsinanessita: yeah, we are supposed to read the red parts too! ;-)14:31
* nessita looks at her branch with care and tells to it "you're not a monster"14:32
ralsinanessita: mostly trying to understand where everything went14:32
nessitaralsina: to a common place. A little info: I removed no code at all (except for the first "choose sign in" screen), all the red went to a common class as a little green. We had a lot of duplication...14:33
ralsinanessita: yes, I am checking that it was really all the same code, just in case14:33
joshuahooverralsina: if you can, i'd like you around in #ubuntu-meeting at 16:00 utc ...i'll kick things off and point out the freeze exceptions but if there are specific tech questions that come up it would be good to have you or someone from desktop+ there to help answer :)14:48
ralsinajoshuahoover: sure!14:49
ralsinadobey, nessita, please hang around as well if you can just in case ;-)14:49
alecujoshuahoover, I can join too14:49
joshuahooveralecu: cool, the more the merrier ;)14:49
alecunessita, dobey: after the standup I'd like to ask you both on your input on how to add qt4reactor based tests to u1-client14:59
nessitaalecu: ack (though my first reaction was "don't, let's have integration tests somewhere else" :-P)15:00
nessitaralsina, mandel?15:00
mandelnessita, and back, sorry there was a huge q in the bank,,15:00
nessitamandel: ack, after the standup let's talk about your ssl-dialog branch15:01
nessitaok, I guess ralsina will join us15:01
nessitaDONE: weekly call, fixed bug #939173 and uploaded a patch to Ubuntu, proposed branch for ussoc's part of bug #93357615:01
nessitaTODO: branch to fix u1cp of bug #933576, reviews15:01
nessitaBLOCKED: nopes15:01
nessitaNEXT: gatox15:01
gatoxProposed padding and sizes branch for SSO, and apply some refactor to that. Review nessita's branch. Working on Bug #938604.15:01
gatoxFinish with Bug #938604.15:01
gatoxalecu, please15:01
mandelnessita, sure15:01
gatoxalecu, ?15:02
alecuDONE: pipelined tunnel client and server branches, initial cleanup15:02
alecuTODO: more cleanup, propose for merge, still bug #92920715:02
alecuBLOCKED: need to add qt4reactor based tests to SD15:02
alecuNEXT: briancurtin15:02
briancurtinDONE: proposed notification branch, started on fixing Windows' read_link15:02
briancurtinTODO: read_link, any reviews i can chime in on15:02
briancurtinBLOCKED: nada15:02
briancurtinNEXT: dobey15:02
dobeyλ DONE: finished releases, team call, bug #939691, bug #86780315:02
dobeyλ TODO: finish releases, deal with some twisted upstream stuff15:02
dobeyλ BLCK: none.15:02
mandelDONE: Read about SSL certificates. How do I get the errors from libsoup and qnetwork. Some FF work.15:03
mandelTODO: Update ssl cert branch to not translate QDesigner text. Some work in FF and a windows file system notifications issue.15:03
mandelBLOCKED: no15:03
mandelralsina, please15:03
ralsinaDONE: fixed minor network detection bug, team call, read about Mac development, calls, kid-issues TODO: fix a few bugs, misc BLOCKED: no15:03
ralsinaalso DONE: gave a bit of a hand in a couple of Qt-related things to dobey and nessita (yay, felt smart for 15 minutes!)15:03
mandelralsina, and 1-1 with manuel :)15:04
mandelfor the todo I mean :P15:04
nessitaralsina: and with nessita15:04
nessitaany comments anyone?15:04
ralsinamandel: and that. And with alecu. and nessita. All of you were in "calls" :-)15:04
nessitaalecu, mandel: will join mumble to discuss all those stuff in 5 minutes15:04
dobeyralsina: when is our 1-1 supposed to be exactly?15:05
mandelnessita, , all those stuff means?15:05
gatoxSo, Start of Lunch for me :P15:05
* gatox lunch15:05
ralsinadobey: let me check15:05
* alecu is at a loss regarding "all those stuff", too. 15:05
alecunessita, ^15:05
ralsinadobey: yesterday :-)15:05
* mandel joins mumble nevertheless 15:06
dobeyralsina: right; but i'm pretty sure i didn't agree to the time that the calendar thinks it is15:06
ralsinadobey: re-schedule at will15:06
nessitamandel: all those stuff == your branch15:07
dobeybecause i don't generally agree to things being that early, especially if they recur weekly :)15:07
nessitaalecu: all those stuff == the qt4reactor in u1client15:07
dobeyqt in u1client is going to be a problem.15:08
ralsinadobey: ok then, choose any time I am marked as free, and it's yours15:08
dobeyralsina: you have free time? surely you jest15:08
alecudobey: I figured that it would be a problem.15:08
ralsinadobey: I have time marked as free, it's similar.15:08
dobeyalecu: a problem in regards to ubuntu i mean. whether or not we run qtreactor based tests isn't really a problem so much15:09
dobeybut pulling ubuntuone-client off the CD will not be fun15:10
alecudobey: I think we can manage qt as an optional dependency; so if pyqt is not installed then the proxy support is not used.15:12
mandelnessita, screen-shots: http://ubuntuone.com/4ryoeN4idT7WvdlkinX7XB http://ubuntuone.com/6AkotJRrh6AAPiWrTls6iQ15:12
mandelnessita, that is opened dialog and closed15:12
alecudobey: can you join mumble, please? we are with nessita discussing this.15:13
nessitadobey: could you join us in mumble? alecu is explaining why he needs this15:13
mandelnessita, branch updated15:26
mandelralsina, 1-1?15:27
ralsinamandel: in 1515:29
nessitaralsina: I'm mumbe, let me know when is my turn :-P15:32
ralsinanessita: mandel, then you, so maybe in 30 or so15:32
nessitano prob15:32
mandelnessita, we are all waiting in mumble for him hahaha15:32
nessitagatox: ping, Why you removed the PASSWORD_HELP constant from ubuntu_sso/qt/setup_account_page.py ?15:33
nessitaah, was duplicated :-)15:33
nessitagatox: unping15:33
gatoxnessita, ye15:33
nessitagatox: well, ping again15:33
nessitathe one you should remove is the second one15:33
gatoxnessita, what happend?15:33
nessitaso the constants get alphabetically ordered15:34
nessitaI guess.15:34
nessitathough I'm not sure :-/15:34
gatoxnessita, i let you choose :P15:34
nessitagatox: leave it like that15:34
gatoxnessita, ok15:34
nessitagatox: looks good!15:36
mainerrorgatox lol mate. :D15:36
gatoxmainerror, sorry.... really sorry :P15:36
mainerrorNo problem. It is kinda funny. :D15:37
mandelgatox, was that for me?15:38
gatoxmandel, hehe no, it was for the real mainerror15:38
mandelok, 'cause I added an alarm for his nickname in my client just in case hehe15:38
ralsinafinally: mandel, 1-115:42
ralsinamandel: can't hear you15:43
mandelralsina, weird, I just had a chat with nessita and alecu with no problems..15:43
mandelralsina, I did not understand a word..15:43
mandelralsina, you sound like one of those little robots from doctor who15:44
dobeymandel: dalkes?15:47
ralsinanessita: 1-1 when you want15:55
joshuahooverdobey: any word on bug #939797 getting in for beta1?16:03
dobeyjoshuahoover: not yet. haven't figured it out yet.16:04
dobeyit's pretty odd16:04
dobeymight be a bug in aptdaemon even16:04
joshuahooverdobey: weird16:04
dobeyalecu: haha16:09
dobeyjoshuahoover: hopefully i can figure it out today, or monday at latest.16:10
joshuahooverdobey: k, thanks16:10
dobeygatox: btw, have you seen https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/939869 ?16:14
gatoxdobey, that is already fixed16:15
dobeygatox: i knew you were working on it, and thought you already had a bug for it. which is why i'm pinging you with it :)16:15
gatoxdobey, ah, but that is control panel16:15
gatoxnessita, ^16:16
gatoxthat will need styling in the control panel16:16
gatoxnow the padding is added to the style of sso16:16
gatoxif we are going to use the same frame for sso, problem solved16:16
nessitagatox: no, we're not...16:16
gatoxif we are going to take only the wizard from sso and put it in control panel, a styling is needed16:16
nessitadobey, gatox: this is the design we have for windows as well.... and we have no task in the roadmap to change this16:17
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
nessitagatox: this is related to the "Account info" tab, no sso involved16:17
gatoxah ok16:17
nessitais the same styling as we had before, nothing changed in that front16:17
dobeyah ok16:18
dobeyi thought you were fixing cp as well16:18
nessitaI can guess people will complain a lot about different things in that panel... anyways, my plan is to gather all those bugs reports, put together in a documents with screenshots from all platforms, and take to our design team16:18
dobeysure. i will complain a lot :)16:19
nessitaI think we need to review the whole Qt controlpanel design, which is not trivial not quick, so we need to start kicking that process16:19
nessitadobey: I don't expect less from you ;-)16:19
dobeyok i should get some lunch, and do yet more debugging of aptdaemon afterward :-/16:25
nessitaralsina: can a window set as transient of another x window id in Qt?16:38
ralsinanessita: good question. I am weak in answering it though! Give me 1' to check16:38
ralsinanessita: looks like no16:44
nessitabuuuu. But thanks!16:45
ralsinanessita: you may haveto set the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR XAtom manually16:45
ralsinanessita: ugly hack: xprop -set WM_TRANSIENT_FOR abcdfgh16:46
ralsina-id lkjhgf16:46
ralsinabut yuck16:46
nessitayuck indeed16:47
ralsinanessita: the Xlib needed to do it is not terribly complicated, and is doable via ctypes16:51
nessitaralsina: have an example?16:51
ralsinanessita: let me check16:51
ralsinanessita: all the examples I see of similar things are done using python-xlib16:54
lamalexhi, im trying to save a note in the web interface but the save button doesn't work!17:02
lamalexcancel works just fine though17:02
lamalexok it works for editing an old note17:03
nessitaralsina, joshuahoover: did online services already happened in the ubuntu-meeting?17:11
ralsinanessita: if it did I missed it17:11
nessitame too17:11
nessitaI've been reading lots of boring stuff17:11
nessitawaiting for our turn :-D17:12
joshuahoovernessita: yeah, not sure...seems we got overlooked somehow17:13
nessitajoshuahoover: would you ping or we're better like that? :-P17:13
joshuahoovernessita: i sent out an email with FEs and the bug about u1-installer so there's nothing new there: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-February/000876.html17:14
* joshuahoover needs to remember to copy ubunet on that17:14
nessitaok then17:14
joshuahoovernessita: i thought they'd REALLY want to chat with us today after we dropped 14 FEs on them the past 2 weeks17:14
nessitagatox: I noticed that since you branch landed, the qt sso is not longer centered on the screen17:14
nessitajoshuahoover: I guess they forgot17:15
joshuahoovernessita: or they removed us from the distro ;)17:15
nessitagatox: can we do something about that?17:15
nessitajoshuahoover: ah, yes, that too :-D17:15
dobeyoh right; totaly forgot aobut ubuntu-meeting17:15
gatoxnessita, did you put some code to do that and it was reverted?17:15
nessitadobey: they no longer care about us :-D17:15
ralsinanessita: you are going to love the branch I am doing. I am adding tests for arg parsing in u1cp and fixing two bugs at the same time ;-)17:15
nessitagatox: not that I'm aware of17:15
nessitaralsina: YEY17:15
dobeyoh well :P17:16
ralsinanessita: maybe 3, because we are not supporting switch_to in the Qt frontend17:16
gatoxnessita, so, it was centered just by luck :P because there wasn't code for that..... i'll add that to the sso branch i'm working on right now17:16
nessitagatox: thanks! please use this bug for that bug #93417317:17
* dobey wouldn't mind being in spain next week17:19
nessitadobey: we're sptrinting to spain next week? :-D17:21
briancurtini don't know if i can run that far17:21
dobeyjoshuahoover: hrmm, i think we might need a UIFe for https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox-ubuntuone/+bug/933010 ; it's a regression, but the (full and proper) fix will introduce a new string17:21
dobeynessita: i wish17:22
* nessita whishes too17:22
nessitaok, I will have lunch17:22
joshuahooverdobey: i was hoping you would say that...14 FEs was kind of an odd number ;)17:22
nessitajoshuahoover: let's add UIFe until we get a prime number17:23
nessitaprime numbers are interesting17:23
dobeyjoshuahoover: well i can do it without marking the string for translation as well. it's fine by me :)17:23
joshuahoovernessita: good idea!17:23
joshuahooverdobey: heh17:23
joshuahooverdobey: do you know what text change(s) will need to be made?17:23
dobeyis infinity a prime number?17:23
nessitadobey: no, is even, clearly (?)17:24
ralsinadobey: no17:24
nessitagatox, ralsina: branch https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/use-login-only/+merge/94455 is now updated from trunk, would you please finish the review when you have a chance?17:24
ralsinadobey: infinityis divisible by any integer, so it's *very* not prime17:24
dobeyjoshuahoover: it's not a change, but a new string. we need to add a .desktop file17:24
gatoxnessita, ok17:24
nessitaI will have lunch now!17:24
dobeyralsina: it's only divisible by itself and 1 :)17:24
ralsinanessita: +1 I had finished itandforgot tocomment17:25
joshuahooverdobey: k, if you think we need it to fix that bug properly, can you update the description with details on that and i'll take it from there17:25
ralsinadobey: nope.17:25
ralsinadobey: consider the set of integer numbers. It's obviously possible to divide it in2, orin 317:25
dobeyralsina: infinity always represents the next prime number higher than the value you think it has :)17:25
ralsinadobey: So, if by infinity you meant Aleph(0), not prime ;-)17:25
nessitagatox: please make sure to have the revno 89917:26
ralsinadobey: divisibility is a matter of cardinality, so no ;-)17:26
* ralsina stops arguing17:26
ralsinadobey: is --help output covered by string freeze?17:26
dobeyyes (and/or feature freeze)17:28
ralsinadobey: ok, so there is another exception for u1cp17:29
dobeyare you fixing it to do the right thing for arg parsing?17:30
ralsinadobey: ubuntuone-control-panel-qt --help is completely wrong17:30
ralsinadobey: I am fixing a bug where it ignored Qt arguments (like -style or whatever) that was needed for QA17:31
ralsinadobey: also, I noticed it ignores --switch-to and --alert17:31
ralsinadobey: also, the help of --switch-to is wrong17:31
dobeyaltø altø wik17:33
* elopio goes to buy the beer for ralsina.17:33
dobeybeware the møøse17:33
mandelgatox, ninja does no support proxies!17:50
gatoxmandel, hehehehe..... you win there17:51
mandelgatox, it should not be a problem, I mean, if you cannot connect to the internet my ide should not block, atm is in the loading thing..17:51
gatoxmandel, what? are you using ninja and it gets block at loading?17:52
dobeydoes it handle unicode properly though?17:52
mandelgatox, yes... and I have to kill it from the process explorer17:53
gatoxdobey, YES! :P (in most situations.... not the crazy hacks for windows)17:53
gatoxmandel, weird..... i'll test that later17:54
mandelgatox, where do you keep logs?17:54
mandelgatox, so I can give you some info17:54
gatoxmandel, na.... the logs doesn't have very useful information..... only the things from the plugins are being logged..... we need to improve that17:55
mandelgatox, ok, look at when ever you get a connection to the outside world and there is the problem17:55
gatoxmandel, ok..... we are going to have a minisprint tomorrow..... so between today and tomorrow i'll test that17:56
gatoxmandel, thanks for the heads up17:57
mandelgatox, no problem, if you need any help with it let me know17:59
gatoxmandel, ok, thanks!17:59
mandelgatox, is probably picking the system proxy settings and not handeling the 407 correctly18:00
mandelEOW for me, see you all!18:09
gatoxmandel, bye!18:09
ralsinabye mandel!18:09
nessitabye mandel18:13
Chipacattyl, all18:16
ralsinanessita, gatox, dobey: maybe a couple of reviews? https://code.launchpad.net/~ralsina/ubuntuone-control-panel/opt-parsing/+merge/9459918:20
nessitaralsina: ack18:20
dobeyralsina: i guess it needs ffe right?18:22
ralsinadobey: this one looks like a plain bug to me18:22
ralsinadobey: it doesn't fix the broken options18:22
ralsinadobey: it just makesithandleonesit should already handlebefore18:22
ralsinaargh, damn spacebar I HATE YOU18:23
dobeyok; the bugs need to be marked as affecting the ubuntu packages, and targeted to the trunk and stable-3-0 series for the project, and precise for the package18:23
ralsinadobey: ok, will do it now18:24
dobeyalso, i have https://code.launchpad.net/~dobey/ubuntuone-installer/fix-939797/+merge/94598 just now; which joshuahoover will love :)18:24
ralsinadobey: trade you! ;-)18:24
dobeyralsina: fix your bug targets :)18:25
ralsinadobey: I am doing it now18:25
ralsinadobey: so, it should affect distribution ubuntuone-control-panel (ubuntu)?18:27
ralsinaAnd series precise?18:27
ralsinadobey: take a look at bug #910834 and tell me if I missed anything please, since I never did this before :-)18:28
dobeyralsina: yep, that's right18:32
ralsinadobey: cool, thanks, doing the other bug then18:32
ralsinadobey: I feel stupid, but I don't have a stable-3 series offered in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntuone-control-panel/+bug/93810218:35
ralsinaOh, ok, it only offers the series for the last project!18:36
ralsinaAnd now Ihave all the series to nominate EXCEPT P18:37
* ralsina goes burn launchpad, brb18:37
ralsinaOk, it nominated itself WTF18:38
ralsinawhatever, done18:38
ralsinadobey: +1 code review because I can't test that IRL right now18:39
dobeyralsina: yeah, lp is annoying sometimes in that regard :)18:39
ralsinadobey: in any case, it seems to be pointed/targeted/nominated/offered/candidated/annointed in all the right clubs now ;-)18:39
nessitacan I haz reviews? https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/fallback-to-gtk/+merge/9460118:41
dobeyralsina: humm. does the branch even fix the second bug?18:42
dobeyhrmm, i guess so18:44
ralsinadobey: yes18:46
ralsinadobey: it's a subtle fix ;-)18:46
dobeywow. --with-icon really should be disabled on linux :)18:46
ralsinadobey: no, please. It's useful on KDE ;-)\18:46
dobeyyou shouldn't be using kde18:47
dobeyyou should be using unity18:47
ralsinadobey: plus, I want to use it as a playground for indicator work18:47
nessitaralsina: after the sso branch, would you review https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntuone-client/use-sso-qt/+merge/92632 ?18:47
nessitadobey: please take notes that in the next release, u1client 2.99.90 must depend on ussoc 2.99.90 (because of the UI fallbacking if the Qt UI is not available)18:47
ralsinanessita: sure18:47
ralsinanessita: I already did the SSO branch, if we are talking of the large one18:47
nessitaralsina: no, the one I pasted a couple of mins ago: https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/fallback-to-gtk/+merge/9460118:48
ralsinanessita: ok, missed that one18:48
nessitais 84 diff line!18:48
ralsinanessita: ok :-)18:48
nessitaralsina: to compensate ;-)18:48
nessitaralsina: any chance you migrate to argparse while you're at that branch?18:51
ralsinanessita: sure!18:52
* ralsina has no idea how to use argparse18:52
nessitaralsina: should be simple, you can check out ussoc-gtk and ussoc-qt for reference18:53
nessitaralsina: thing is that optparse is deprecated, afaik18:53
ralsinanessita: sure, will doit asap18:53
nessitano rush18:53
briancurtinoptparse is deprecated only that it is no longer recommended, but it wont be removed (maybe in python 4?)18:54
briancurtinbut argparse is nice18:54
ralsinabriancurtin: let's futureproof this baby for 2050 then! ;-)18:58
dobeyralsina: so remove all the arguments, and just replace it with "import skynet" ?19:00
ralsinadobey: #!/bin/skynet -c "sync my files,please"19:00
dobey"die human."19:02
ralsinanonono, skynet, I said "sync"! Retry!19:03
ralsinanessita: typo in line 80 of the diff, other than that, nice!19:13
ralsinanessita: in fallback-to-gtk19:14
nessitaralsina: typo "fixied"19:16
ralsinanessita: +1d already :-)19:16
nessitadobey: would you please review that? (https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu-sso-client/fallback-to-gtk/+merge/94601)19:17
ralsinanessita: updated opt-parsing with argparse (which works remarkably similar to OptParser, to be honest)19:37
nessitaralsina: nice!19:37
dobeynessita: needs a couple of english fixes19:39
nessitadobey: ack19:39
ralsina"the english fix" sounds like a very boring drug name.19:39
ralsinaOr brit-pop band.19:39
nessitadobey: nice correction! though I liked my invention fallbacking19:39
dobeyralsina: it's the prequel to "the french connection"19:43
nessitadobey: all fixed and pushed to revno 893.19:43
ralsinadobey: the string freeze is even if the strings are not translatable?19:45
ralsinadobey: that's about the --help19:46
dobeyralsina: if they're not translated then you're probably fine; though changing the help options would be an api or ui change still; maybe you should ask in #ubuntu-release19:50
ralsinadobey: cool, thanks19:50
dobeyoh man19:51
dobeya 6 character change, and the qt control panel looks like 20x better19:51
dobeyat least, on default ubuntu theme it does19:51
ralsinadobey: really? which one? :-)19:51
ralsinarm -rf ./?19:51
dobey-    background-color: #aea79f;19:52
dobey+    background-color: #3c3b37;19:52
ralsinaoh, that's 719:52
nessitaralsina: so, I can't run the test as the branch is, I'm getting http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/855751/. I know if I setup.py build it gets fixed, but run-tests should work from scratch. And the setup.py build should only be called before the qt tests (where is now). Would you please debug why I'm getting this "new" failure?19:52
ralsinanessita: sure, I do have it builtso I didn't see it19:53
ralsinanessita: I moved a delayed import out of main()19:53
ralsinanessita: I will move it back in (sigh)19:53
nessitadobey: +100. Would you ping the design people about this?19:53
dobeynessita: english fixes approved :)19:54
nessitadobey, ralsina: http://ubuntuone.com/1lVbN6HjbyyO7blROfk0rg from the branch I'm proposing soon19:55
ralsinanessita: not bad!19:55
nessitaactually, much better19:56
dobeynessita: what is that?19:56
nessitadobey: wanna file  bug, so we run it by cparrino and rtgrant, and then we may ask the UIFe?19:56
nessitadobey: the controlpanel's new first screen (current first screen has no option for register. Yes, we have an approved UIFe for this)19:57
ralsinanessita: I would hide the3rd button19:57
ralsinanessita: and have the user just close the window. But that's just personal taste19:57
nessitaralsina: why? (and maybe, but I guess we need a complete design-review on that)19:57
dobeynessita: that shows up always if the token gets deleted or they haven't set up u1 yet?19:58
nessitaralsina: this is taken from the installer... I would prefer not changing the current design19:58
ralsinanessita: because it's just a "close this window" button and those are usually a bad idea. Agreed on not doing it, though.19:58
nessitadobey: yes (I know you'll complain about the "Ubuntu One has installed")19:58
ralsinadobey: if there is no token19:58
dobeynessita: yes :)19:58
dobeyi do not like that at all19:59
nessitadobey: I'm not sure about that either (is in the original mocks). But is also true that that screen will be shown after installation19:59
dobeyand it is confusing19:59
nessitadobey: yeah, may be19:59
ralsinanessita, dobey: and talking about logging in, someday we have to make it so ROOT_MISMATCH doesn't happen or gives a friendly warning or something.19:59
nessitaralsina: add that to the roadmap, make room for it, and you got it :-D19:59
ralsinanessita: I think that is one of the copy changes we should ask about. Makes no sense on linux19:59
nessitaralsina: well, if the user just installed U1 from the installer... it might, no?20:00
ralsinanessita: we are close to the end of our current roadmap! There is a whole lot of space after that! ;-)20:00
ralsinanessita: yes, but we have no way to know if that's the case20:00
dobeyand it's all full of turtles20:00
nessitaralsina: and I bet parrino already has some crazy tasks for that :-P20:00
dobeyturtles all the way down20:00
nessitaralsina: we could if the installer runs the controlpanel with --installed20:00
ralsinanessita: our next task is the always glamorous backport effort ;-)20:00
nessitabut that will require an exception, I'd guess20:01
ralsinanessita: yes, option controlpanel doesn't have and we need a FFe for20:01
dobeyralsina: like i said; turtles.20:01
nessitaok, so, summing up:20:01
ralsinanessita: OTOH, we could fix the --help in the same FFe ;-)20:01
* nessita removes the "has installed blah blah" string20:01
dobeynessita: or just change it to "Welcome to Ubuntu One." or something20:02
nessitadobey files the bug for the UIFe to change the background color to present to bosses20:02
nessitadobey: yes, like in the current GTK one20:02
dobeynessita: and center it, because it looks really weird being the only thing left aligned20:02
ralsinaalso, padding20:02
nessitadobey: I was thinking on padding... not center20:02
nessitacenter will be "too much" (image is centered, buttons are also...)20:02
dobeythere is way too much whitespace in that window20:02
ralsinacentered would be better than stuck left. Padding at least20:03
ralsinaask design for quick input20:03
nessitayes, I will take some screenshots of this and will email the peopl20:03
nessitatoo many teaks to make20:04
nessitaalso, the orange looks different20:04
nessita(comparing images vs button)20:04
ralsinaalso, are the twitter andacebook buttons misaligned or they just look that way because of the colors?20:04
ralsinathe button is a gradient, it will always look lighter20:04
nessitaralsina: the latter, I'd guess20:04
nessitaralsina: I have no changed that at all (facebook and twitter links)20:05
ralsinaamazing how the twitter/facebook logos are vertical mirror images of each other20:05
ralsinaThat page looks like a robot's face20:06
dobeyralsina: yeah, xmag shows the follow icons are same size20:08
ralsinanessita: in my options branch: if I move the "import start" into the main(), I will have to remove a couple of tests. Maybe I should try to see why importing that module breaks the tests instead?20:08
nessitaralsina: sure!20:08
nessitadobey: since you're in such a good mood, would you also please? (last one of the week I swear) https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntuone-client/use-sso-qt/+merge/9263220:08
dobeynessita: didn't you already change DEBUG to be U1_DEBUG there?20:09
nessitadobey: no :-/20:09
nessitadobey: well, yes, but in that branch, which I had on hold for more than a week now20:10
gatoxnessita, ralsina i've proposed this branch: https://code.launchpad.net/~diegosarmentero/ubuntu-sso-client/show-errors/+merge/9461720:11
gatoxwhenever you can20:11
dobeyjoshuahoover: btw, the installer fix is uploaded, and just waiting approval now20:12
joshuahooverdobey: excellent20:12
ralsinanessita: it's either move "from ubuntuone.controlpanel.gui.qt.ui import mainwindow_ui" or moving "from ubuntuone.controlpanel.gui.qt.gui import start " into one. Doing the second means losing a little bit of test coverage. The first one has no side effects AFAICS.20:15
ralsinaI mean "move one of those into a function"20:15
gatoxEOW here!20:16
gatoxbye people20:17
ralsinaOr put one import in a try/except so it doesn't fail when we didn't do a build20:17
ralsinabye gatox!20:17
gatoxralsina, see you later20:18
ralsinanessita: or, do the build before running the tests20:19
dobeysigh; more bugs i need to file it seems :(20:20
dobeyralsina: ./run-tests does the build before running the tests20:20
nessitaralsina: perhaps we're not ignoring the qt properly?20:21
nessitathe qt part*20:21
ralsinanessita: could be20:21
ralsinathe test is in ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/main/tests/test_main.py maybe I should rename it or change the ignores20:22
ralsinanessita: right, that is not in QT_TESTS20:23
nessitaralsina: so, is fixable? :-)20:34
ralsinanessita: thinking about it because it's working for me when I try to debug run-tests :-)20:34
nessitaralsina: what id you do ./setup.py clean before that20:35
ralsinanessita: yep20:35
dobeyjoshuahoover: do i need to update the description too, or is comment good enough?20:35
ralsinabut trying again, it's late and may have had a senior moment20:35
briancurtini wish we used filesystem links rather than shell links on windows :/20:35
joshuahooverdobey: comment should be good enough20:35
ralsinabriancurtin: feel free :-)20:35
dobeyjoshuahoover: cool. just added that20:36
ralsinabriancurtin: that is probably just our ignorance showing20:36
briancurtinralsina: we'll still have to support shell links which were previously created, but i might propose to move away20:36
ralsinabriancurtin: we may even change/fix those links on startup if needed20:36
ralsinabriancurtin: or on installation of upgrade20:37
briancurtingood point20:37
joshuahooverdobey: thanks20:37
ralsinanessita: could you try running the tests again with revno 274? They like, totally pass for me20:43
nessitaralsina: sure!20:43
nessitaralsina: nopes, is not working20:55
nessitaralsina: what if you branch from scratch?20:55
ralsinanessita: grmbl20:55
ralsinanessita: ok, I'll try20:55
ralsinamaybe clean is not cleaning enough or something20:56
ralsinanessita: hey,got the error at least20:58
ralsinanessita: yes, have to add an ignore20:59
ralsinanessita: done in revno 27521:03
ralsinanessita: but it surely can wait until monday if you are EODing21:03
nessitayou mean Tuesday? ;-)21:03
ralsinaO course21:04
ralsinaTuesday is the new Monday21:04
nessitadobey: will you review https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntuone-client/use-sso-qt/+merge/92632 ? I was hoping to implicitly test the nightlies during the long weekend :-)21:10
dobeynessita: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntuone-control-panel/+bug/940620 is the color build21:11
dobeydo i have to?21:11
nessitadobey: I would like if you do21:11
nessitadobey: thanks for the bug report, will put that together with some screenshots21:12
nessita(on Tuesday, of course)21:12
dobeynessita: it has a branch even :)21:13
nessitayeap, saw it :-)21:13
nessitaralsina: it runs all green!21:15
ralsinanessita: yay21:15
nessitaralsina: may I finish on Tuesday? I have pilates and need to buy meat for my coming-back-home-half-orange21:15
ralsinanessita: it has 2 other approves ;-)21:15
ralsinanessita: but of course it can wait21:16
nessitaralsina: thanks21:16
ralsinanessita: I would like to have it before wednesday though so QA can use the testability driver21:16
dobeyi really don't want to review this branch; because i am against the idea anyway.21:16
dobeynessita: does it not require a feature freeze exception to do this?21:16
nessitadobey: I don't  think so... does it?21:16
nessitais not an API change, nor it adds functionality, nor it removes functionality...21:17
dobeynessita: well, it's using new functionality from a dependency21:17
dobeynessita: also, the bug report has no information. it's just a "we must do this" statement, and doesn't help understand why we need to do it21:18
nessitadobey: I can re-phrase the bug. And, using a new func from a dep requires a FFe?21:18
dobeynessita: i'm not entirely sure if it does or not. but i think so21:19
nessitadobey: ok, will check. If you don't want to review, is fine, I guess it can be landed with ralsina's review only (would you agree ralsina?)21:21
dobeynessita: either way, i'd prefer the ffe question was answered first, and the bug was understandable :)21:23
ralsinanessita: I have no problem with that, I leave it to your opinion21:23
nessitaok, will rephrase the bug after pilates and ask in ubuntu-release weather that requires and FFe, and then will land if not21:24
nessitaI'm off crowd21:24
dobeythanks nessita21:24
nessitathank you!21:24
nessitaok, bye all! have a great weekend!21:24
nessita(3-day weekend for some of us :-))21:24
dobeyhave a good weekend all22:00
briancurtinyou too22:00
alecuok, this ends my week22:12
alecusee you guys on tue22:12
mateusz_i've got problem with ubuntuone22:24
mateusz_i run it but ubuntuone sso does not appear22:24
mateusz_previously i've got problem with all ubuntuone but i pugre it and reinstall22:24
mateusz_and now i cant configure my accountu22:24
mateusz_could you help me?22:24
=== facundobatista_ is now known as facu_bar6

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!