=== smb` is now known as smb
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
=== Guest37385 is now known as jrgifford
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
roadmrok let's get started!!16:00
roadmr#startmeeting Ubuntu Friendly meeting16:00
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Feb 27 16:00:48 2012 UTC.  The chair is roadmr. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Friendly meeting Meeting | Current topic:
roadmrThis should be a short one16:00
roadmrHi everyone, welcome to the Ubuntu Friendly meeting!16:01
roadmrToday we have the following topics to talk about:16:01
roadmr* Checkbox 0.13.3 in Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 - please help test! (roadmr)16:01
roadmr* Any Other Business16:01
roadmrAs usual, you're welcome to participate, to do so, indicate you want to speak by raising your hand (o/). Don't forget to also signal when you're done using ..16:01
roadmrLet's get started with the (rather short) agenda!16:01
roadmr[TOPIC] Checkbox 0.13.3 in Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 - please help test! (roadmr)16:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Friendly meeting Meeting | Current topic: Checkbox 0.13.3 in Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 - please help test! (roadmr)
roadmrCheckbox version 0.13.3 was accepted in Ubuntu last Thursday! It contains some interesting bug fixes so if you've been using recent versions of checkbox, be sure to give this one a try.16:02
roadmrAlso, 0.13.3 will be included in Precise's Beta 1 release, which is expected to land on Thursday. This is the first milestone where checkbox-qt, rather than checkbox-gtk, will be the default when you run System Testing.16:02
roadmrAs such, it would be important to ensure that the checkbox experience is as usable as possible.16:03
roadmrSo once again, we'd like to ask for your help in running it and reporting any bugs you may find (by running ubuntu-bug checkbox, for instance).16:03
roadmrThis will allow us to continue fixing those bugs in time for the 12.04 release.16:04
roadmr... OK I guess that's all for this topic! any questions? comments?16:04
brendandi'm installing beta1 now :)16:04
* jedimike is upgrading too16:04
roadmrawesome! \o/16:05
roadmrwell do give checkbox a trial run!16:05
roadmrok if there are no more comments or questions, let's move on to...16:05
roadmrcr3: any comments or questions re: checkbox 0.13.3 in Precise Beta1?16:06
roadmrcr3: sorry to snipe at you but I thought best to ask before we move on to the next topic :)16:06
roadmrok then..16:08
roadmr* [TOPIC] Any Other Business16:08
roadmr[TOPIC] Any Other Business16:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Friendly meeting Meeting | Current topic: Any Other Business
roadmr(damn asterisk)16:08
roadmrAnything else you'd like to discuss, comment on, or bring to the team's attention? now's your chance!16:09
roadmrnothing? :)16:11
cr3it's a quiet meeting today..16:11
roadmrcr3: go ahead!16:12
cr3is there a concerted effort for community testing of precise beta1? if so, could we sneak checkbox into the process?16:12
roadmrcr3: do you mean like iso testing? I think that's coordinated in #ubuntu-testing, we may want to ask there16:13
roadmrsneaking checkbox in ther would be great :)16:13
cr3roadmr: yes, as part of iso testing would be great16:14
roadmrsounds good16:15
roadmrlet's add an16:15
brendandstrictly speaking iso testing only covers installation16:15
brendandanything else is discretionary16:15
roadmrok hmm16:15
cr3brendand: it's not tested until it's checkboxed!16:16
roadmryes, an additional optional step of "run system testing and submit your results" could produce some useful test data and usage reports on checkbox16:16
roadmrwho'd like to drop by #ubuntu-testing and ask whether we're still in time and whether this is indeed possible?16:17
cr3I wouldn't trust myself to follow up adequately on this one :(16:18
cr3but if nobody else volunteers, I guess I'll make a best effort16:19
roadmrany other volunteers?16:19
roadmrok I guess you get the tiger :( I'll do my best to follow up on it too16:20
cr3who would've thought I'd lose by winning :(16:20
roadmr[ACTION] cr3 to inquire in #ubuntu-testing if using checkbox to test something in Beta 1 (which implicitly also tests checkbox!) is possible.16:20
meetingologyACTION: cr3 to inquire in #ubuntu-testing if using checkbox to test something in Beta 1 (which implicitly also tests checkbox!) is possible.16:20
cr3I like the "test something" part :)16:21
roadmrhehe :)16:21
roadmryes, it's usually an iguanodon but a tiger is easier to understand16:21
roadmrbut I digress...16:21
roadmrok, any other business? AOB? anyone? :)16:21
roadmrgoing once,16:22
roadmrgoing twice,16:22
roadmrsold for two lines of code to the gentleman in the front row!16:23
roadmrWell I guess this wraps things up for today. Thanks for attending! Remember the mailing list is open to all your UF-related comments and inquiries.16:23
roadmrThanks! have a good day!16:23
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Feb 27 16:23:33 2012 UTC.16:23
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-27-16.00.moin.txt16:23
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-27-16.00.html16:23
roadmrthanks all :)16:23
cr3roadmr: thanks dude!16:29
thingamagichey !17:30
thingamagicis there someone?17:33
ogra_not while no meeting is running17:33
thingamagici saw :(17:33
thingamagicwhat's up ogra_?17:34
thingamagicsomeone to talk( :/ write)?17:36
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Feb 27 18:02:18 2012 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:02
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:18:02
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:02
jdstrand[TOPIC] Announcements18:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Announcements
jdstrand* Andreas Moog (amoog) provided debdiffs for maverick-oneiric for gypsy (LP: #690323)18:03
jdstrand* Zubin Mithra (zubin-mithra) provided a debdiff for maverick for dhcpcd (LP: #931036)18:03
jdstrandYour work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job! :)18:03
jdstrand[TOPIC] Review of any previous action items18:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Review of any previous action items
* sbeattie sighs18:03
jdstrandACTION: sbeattie to follow up on qrt bugs from QA team18:03
jdstrandsbeattie: hehe18:03
* jdstrand moves along18:04
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first18:04
jdstrandlast week I was on triage and updated UCT to integrate with Debian's secure-testing even more18:05
jdstrandI fixed some bugs in the triage process, so hopefully that will be even better18:05
jdstrandtyhicks: let me know if you encounter any bugs18:05
jdstrandthis week I am on community18:06
jdstrandand am patch piloting today18:06
jdstrandlibxml2 should go out today18:06
jdstrandI have not been able to catchup on archive admin deNEWs, or auditing. I'm hopeful I'll get caught up on that this week18:06
jdstrandbetween that and an embargoed issue I am working on, I should be able to get back to reactive work soonish18:07
jdstrandthat should be it from me18:07
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up18:07
mdeslaurI've finally pushed out the python-httplib2 updates this morning18:08
mdeslaurso everything that uses that library should be properly checking server certificates now18:08
mdeslaurI've uploaded some preliminary mysql updates to the security-proposed PPA18:08
mdeslaurI've just done basic upgrade testing with them, but haven't run the qa scripts yet, or the exhaustive test suite18:09
mdeslaurif anyone is interested, testing feedback is appreciated18:09
mdeslauronce I've tested them, I'll be pushing them to -proposed18:09
mdeslaurand will send out a public call for testing18:09
mdeslaurand will release them a week or two after that18:09
mdeslaurI also have some postgresql updates to build and release18:09
mdeslaurand will further go down the list if I have time18:10
mdeslaurI am in the happy place this week18:10
jdstrandmdeslaur: re mysql> seems reasonable all things considered. thanks for handling that :)18:10
mdeslaurthat's it from me!18:10
mdeslaursbeattie: you're turn18:10
sbeattieI'm in the happy place this week, also.18:10
* jdstrand declares this "The Week of the Database"18:10
sbeattieI'm working on an eglibc update18:11
sbeattiealso trying to get one last armel openjdk build to occur18:11
sbeattieOtherwise, I'm planning on getting to the open apparmor issues I have on my plate.18:12
jdstrandsbeattie: can you remind me how we will deal with this going forward? we will do a micro-release update in -proposed that will allow these to build on pandas?18:12
sbeattieI think that's it for me.18:12
mdeslaursbeattie: do you think you'll get those two done this week? (eglibc and openjdk)?18:12
jdstrand(and by 'we', I don't necessarily mean you ;)18:12
sbeattiejdstrand: yes, this is the last upstream supported release of icedtea 1.8.x , so we need to transition away from there.18:13
sbeattieAlthough, I do fear that the panda issue is a toolchain or kernel issue (I can reproduce the build failure on the porter, and I get a message in dmesg when it fails)18:14
sbeattieand that merely moving forward may not solve the issue.18:14
sbeattiemdeslaur: this week> yeah, that's the plan.18:15
jdstrandsbeattie: if you haven't (istr you have), please forward all your info to doko to see if it is a toolchain issue18:15
sbeattiejdstrand: I have not, will do.18:15
mdeslaursbeattie: ok, cool...please do your essential work items after those two...if any other updates come up, throw them my way18:15
sbeattiemicahg: I think you're up.18:16
jdstrandsbeattie: thanks! :)18:16
mdeslaursbeattie: thanks!18:16
micahgso, I'm working on getting webkit building on stable releases, chromium beta won't even build a source package now, so I'll be looking into that, there's an icedtea regression that affects Firefox 10+ that someone needs to work on, I can take that if sbeattie is working on more pressing things18:17
mdeslaurmicahg: what's the regression? do we have a fix for it?18:17
micahgmdeslaur: fix was uploaded to precise earlier today18:17
micahgbug 92728218:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 927282 in icedtea-web (Ubuntu) "Java crash with icedtea plugin and Firefox 10+" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92728218:18
mdeslaurmicahg: ah, yes, could you please take that?18:18
mdeslaurmicahg: thanks18:18
sbeattiemicahg: were you able to reproduce the crash? Have you confirmed that the precise version is fixed?18:18
micahgsbeattie: was able to reproduce the crash in oneiric VM, have not tested the precise fix yet18:19
micahgI'll test that locally first and then move to build18:19
micahgso, that's my top priority ATM (icedtea), then chromium beta and webkit as they're both long builds I can work on them in parallel18:20
jdstrandmicahg: did you work out the OOM stuff?18:20
mdeslaurmicahg: cool18:20
micahgoh, and powerpc is still broke for Firefox 11, I hope to grab a fix for that so we don't regress the stable releases18:20
micahgjdstrand: I forgot cyphermox gave me 2 build flags to fix that, I applied them wrong last night and will kick off a build shortly which hopefully will solve the OOM issues as well18:21
jdstrandmicahg: btw, is firefox 11 building now on older releases?18:21
micahgyeah, in the beta PPA (amd64/i386)18:22
micahgI'll have release builds next Friday, but I'd prefer not to wait until release week to fix powerpc18:22
micahgi.e. March 918:23
micahgupstream is working on it, so it shouldn't be too much effort on my part18:23
mdeslaurmicahg: is the fix known? don't spend too much time on powerpc18:23
jdstrandseems reasonable, but be mindful we can pull powerpc in later too if needed (it is no an officially supported arch as you know)18:23
micahgthat's it for me then18:24
tyhicksI am in the triage role this week18:24
sbeattiemicahg: poke me when you get to the openjdk patch and I give you a little guidance there.18:24
sbeattie(sorry tyhicks, go ahead)18:25
tyhicksnp :)18:25
tyhicksI really feel like I can get the ruby1.8 update out today. I said that late last week, but the update breaks a number of puppet spec tests.18:26
mdeslaurtyhicks: did you figure out why?18:26
tyhicksI've now found bugs opened in the puppet bug tracker for almost all of the issues, so I am in the process of adding those to the expected failure lists in test-puppet.py and then I'll rerun everything again18:27
tyhicksmdeslaur: Yeah, hash table list outputs being randomized after fixing the hash table DoS issue18:27
jdstrandah, that would make sense18:27
mdeslaurah, yes, that,s a common problem18:28
* jdstrand has to do something similar with the libxml2 tests18:28
tyhicksAfter I get that out, I'm going to fix eCryptfs bug #84264718:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 842647 in eCryptfs "[git] file blocks duplicated at the end of the file" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84264718:28
jdstrandtyhicks: after the meeting, can you paste the output of a test-puppet.py run?18:28
tyhicksjdstrand: sure18:28
tyhicksI've got a patch that I started on for that eCryptfs bug, I just need to finish it off and get it upstream18:29
mdeslaurtyhicks: cool...so that would pretty much be the last ecryptfs issue for precise?18:29
tyhicksmdeslaur: That bug should probably be retargeted for beta 2. Even if I get it fixed and upstream in the next couple days, I don't think it will make it into the beta1 kernel18:29
mdeslaurtyhicks: done18:30
tyhicksmdeslaur: I still need to quiet down the logging in some error paths (simple fix). I was waiting on the kernel team to decide about turning on CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG and they determined that it increases the kernel size too much.18:30
mdeslaurtyhicks: just replace all the warnings with "eCryptfs is working fine. No need to file a bug."18:31
jdstrandnice one!18:31
mdeslaur"This isn't the corruption you are looking for."18:31
jdstrand 518:31
tyhicksmdeslaur: Heh... or at least ratelimit a few of printks so that a find command doesn't fill up the hard drive ;)18:31
mdeslaur 518:32
mdeslaur \o18:32
tyhicksI've got a few kernel patches I need to review and apply and then I'll get back to my update queue after that18:32
mdeslaurtyhicks: cool18:32
tyhicksthat's it for me18:32
tyhicksyou're up jjohansen18:32
jjohansenI am pushing apparmor patches upstream this week and looking into the bugs that we hit on friday when pushing in the 2.8beta into precise.18:33
jjohansenThat is a minimization bug, an auditing bug, and what looks like it might be a race in the test suite for mount (no bugs #s on those yet /me needs to sync with jdstrand first).18:33
jjohansenBeyond that I need to finish up some misc workitems, add more testing to mount rules, look at why overlayfs is causing bug#925028 when attach_disconnected is not used and the task is not in another namespace), and get the latest dbus stuff into a repository so work can begin on that again.18:33
* tyhicks wonders if jj wrote a bot that watches for me to say 'you're up jjohansen' :)18:33
mdeslaurjjohansen: cool18:33
jjohansentyhicks: nah I stole the kt bot18:33
jjohansenhrmmm I think thats it from me18:34
jjohansenjdstrand: back to you18:35
sbeattiejjohansen: I think your status report took longer than an entire kernel team meeting...18:35
mdeslaurjjohansen: so, when do you think you'll be sending your stuff to the kernel team?18:35
jjohansensbeattie: hehe, okay you caught me I didn't use the bot I was just waiting and pasted the text18:36
jjohansenmdeslaur: I sent them a pull request friday18:36
mdeslaurjjohansen: oh, is the minimization issue in user space only?18:36
jjohansenmdeslaur: well yes, and no.  There is a kernel interface bug it exposed as well that needs to be fixed and pushed18:37
mdeslaurjjohansen: ok, cool18:37
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages18:38
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.18:38
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.18:38
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:39
* mdeslaur hears crickets18:44
=== jjohansen is now known as creckets
=== creckets is now known as crickets
cricketschirp chirp18:45
=== crickets is now known as jjohansen
mdeslaurjdstrand: fall sleep? :)18:46
* jdstrand was enjoying the chirping18:47
mdeslaurchirp chirp18:47
jdstrandmdeslaur, sbeattie, micahg, tyhicks, jjohansen: thanks!18:47
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Feb 27 18:47:31 2012 UTC.18:47
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-27-18.02.moin.txt18:47
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-27-18.02.html18:47
micahgthanks jdstrand18:47
jjohansenthanks jdstrand18:47
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand18:47
ubottubdrung, cody-somerville, Laney, micahg, geser, tumbleweed, stgraber: DMB ping19:07
tumbleweedare we going to meet?19:07
* tumbleweed changes that factoid19:07
Myrttitumbleweed: how would you want it to be?19:12
tumbleweedMyrtti: s/geser/barry/19:12
micahgMyrtti: no one on the agenda :), just administrative stuff if anything19:12
micahgoh, that's what you mean :)19:12
Myrttitumbleweed: one moment19:12
* stgraber waves19:13
* tumbleweed wonders if these bot admins have hilights on "factoid"19:13
Myrtti!dmb-ping > tumbleweed19:14
ubottutumbleweed, please see my private message19:14
Myrttitumbleweed: no, I just keep my eyes open19:14
tumbleweedMyrtti: lgtm, thanks19:14
=== Ursinha_ is now known as Guest34384
=== bulldog98_ is now known as bulldog98
=== Seeker`_ is now known as Seeker`

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!