=== lifeless_ is now known as lifeless
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
alesageHi all, we'll have one of our monthly Canonical Product Strategy meetings shortly15:30
alesagehi mmrazik, do you want to lead?15:31
mmrazikalesage: do you know how the bot works?15:31
alesagemmrazik, no--first time here :)15:31
mmrazikthen I'll start the meeting :)15:31
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Feb 28 15:31:46 2012 UTC.  The chair is mmrazik. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:31
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:31
mmraziklets wait for a minute or so15:32
mmrazikthe only topic today is a short talk about Static Code Analysis and what we do in Canonical with Unity et al15:32
mmrazik[TOPIC] Static Code Analysis (Coverity)15:33
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Static Code Analysis (Coverity)
mmrazikalesage: I think we can start15:33
alesageok thanks mmrazik15:33
alesageso this will be a short chat about our use of Coverity15:34
alesagewhich is a static analyzer15:34
alesagehere's our wiki page for our Coverity integration project:15:35
alesageand here's a link to the company's site: http://coverity.com/products/static-analysis.html15:35
alesagewe're using static analysis as a means to improve quality:15:36
alesagethe idea behind "static analysis" is kind-of a step further than what a compiler offers your C/C++/Java/etc. code15:36
alesagein the case of Coverity, for example, the static analyzer sits on GCC and finds bugs in our code15:37
alesageby producing 'models' of the execution--15:37
alesagespecifically by running 'checkers', which find common (or not so common ;) ) errors15:38
alesageI'll link to a list of these checkers . . .15:38
alesageso taking DIVIDE_BY_ZERO as an example,15:39
alesagehere's a condition that might take an exceptional condition to encounter in production, e.g.15:39
alesagebut Coverity finds this using its sophisticated analysis15:40
alesageso we wanted to add this to our process for developing Ubuntu15:41
alesageat the moment our licensing covers everything that's a dependency of Unity15:41
alesageand there's talk about expanding--we'll see how the evaluation goes15:42
alesageare there any questions at this point?15:42
alesageI have to thank tvoss for this link, meanwhile: http://drdobbs.com/open-source/23260149215:42
alesagegema_, go ahead15:42
gema_alesage: are you raising bugs as you find them? are you gettting a lot of false positivies?15:42
alesagegema_ excellent question15:43
alesageso my part of the project has been a "syncing" tool15:43
alesagewhich submits bugs to Launchpad when these defects are found15:43
gema_agreed :)15:43
alesagethe scanner is run as part of a Jenkins/Continuous Integration process15:44
alesageso when we get a build, the scanner runs and finds its Coverity defects,15:44
alesageand then a little Python script interprets these and submits them to Launchpad15:44
alesagewhere they enter the normal Ubuntu developer workflow15:44
alesagelet me get the link for some existing bugs . . .15:44
alesageso we haven't found a full set as yet, and it's still to early to show our 'defect density' (ref. the link above)15:46
alesageand gema_ as this is still and informal process I'm not aware of complaints about false positives15:47
gema_alesage: I am very impressed, looks pretty good15:47
mmrazikthis is up and running for about a week15:47
mmrazikafter some time we might want to do some queries and get the % of invalid bugs or something like that15:47
alesagegema_ yeah it's fun to go through the defects15:47
mmrazikthat should give us some idea about the false positives15:47
gema_mmrazik: ack15:47
alesagelet's take an example15:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 937402 in BAMF trunk "Coverity UNINIT - CID 10451" [Low,Triaged]15:48
alesageso here's an uninitialized variable somewhere deep in bamf15:48
alesageyou see that you get a little code snippet in the bug body there15:49
alesageand also an attachment with a prettier rendering of the source code15:49
alesageCoverity offers a more sophisticated product called the "Integrity Manger"15:50
alesagemost of the features of which this 'syncer' is offering to Launchpad users15:50
alesageone more interesting case:15:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 937387 in libindicator "Coverity PW.USELESS_TYPE_QUALIFIER_ON_RETURN_TYPE - CID 10617" [High,Fix committed]15:51
alesagehere's a case in which Coverity has found the same defect in multiple projects15:51
alesagein this case the root of the problem is in libindicator15:52
alesageand ted has tackled and ably squashed the bug15:52
alesagebut note that Coverity's tracking of defects enables us to keep the defects in one place, as one Launchpad bug15:53
alesageany questions at this point?15:53
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
alesageso honestly this is my first encounter with static analysis15:55
alesagedo people have more extensive experience with this, or with Coverity itself?15:56
alesageso we'll have some metrics to offer in our Quality Hour blog at some point in the future15:58
alesageplease stay tuned :)15:58
alesageand feel free to follow up with me for questions anytime15:58
alesagethanks all--anything else mmrazik?15:59
mmrazikany last questions?15:59
mmrazikin that case -- thank you for the meeting and lets meet in a month :)15:59
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Feb 28 15:59:52 2012 UTC.15:59
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-28-15.31.moin.txt15:59
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-28-15.31.html15:59
alesagelynxman, yes16:00
lynxmanalesage: ah no worries, just waiting for the next meeting :)16:00
jamespageutlemming, you chaired last week right?16:04
utlemmingI did16:04
alesageyes utlemming16:04
jamespageah - guess that means zul is in the chair then :-)16:04
lynxmanzul: chair it like a boss16:05
zulooh quick meeting then16:05
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Feb 28 16:05:10 2012 UTC.  The chair is zul. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:05
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:05
zulso this is the server team meeting so lets get started16:05
zul#topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Review ACTION points from previous meeting
zuli guess there was none?16:05
zul#topic Precise Development16:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Precise Development
zulso beta-1 is next week isnt it?16:06
ogra_in two days16:06
arosalesbeta-1 testing is now open16:06
zuldamn...i need a better calendar16:06
zuldoes anyone want to drive this topic?16:06
zulDaviey: ^^^16:06
zularosales: ^^^16:07
arosalesAny Feature Freeze expectations to note?16:07
arosaleszul: keystone is going well?16:07
zularosales: yeah..but it seems to have broke some things16:08
zulservice tokens have changed so people upstream are grossing about it16:08
zulbut yeah16:08
arosalesok, thanks for working on that zul16:09
arosalesAny work items folks would like to talk about16:09
zulthe debian-installer one should be fixed now16:09
zulbug 92368116:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 923681 in debian-installer (Ubuntu) "Server install fails when selecting everything but 'VM host' & 'Manual selection' from tasksel" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92368116:10
arosalesthats good news16:10
zulanything else?16:10
arosalesnothing more from me on this topic.16:11
zulanyone want to bring anything else up?16:11
* arosales still looking at work item status, but will work on that offline16:12
zulif not16:12
zul#topic Ubuntu Server Team Events16:12
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Server Team Events
zulODS is coming up in April, UDS is coming up after that16:12
zulany events people are going to?16:12
Davieyhola, i thought utlemming was charining?16:12
arosalesm_3 is @ Strata16:13
zulDaviey: that was last week16:13
utlemmingDaviey: that was last week16:13
Davieyutlemming: wiki said otherwise.. anyway, sorry for the noise.16:13
zulanyways i dont think there is any other events coming up16:14
zul#topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:14
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
zulhey hggdh16:15
hggdhonly... Beta testing, and testing, folks ;-)16:15
zulany questions for hggdh16:15
zulif not quickly moving on:16:16
zul#topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:16
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
zulhi smb16:16
smbFrom things going on I believe the only thing worth noting from my side is for Lucid where I had been looking at a bug about spinlocking that lead to even more determined thinking of dropping the whole ec2 patch delta and moving back to the basic 2.6.32 kernel for EC2 as well. The decision to go with the special patch set was based on one missing16:16
smbpatch. And we know about that now. Of cousrse this needs a lot of testing before actually going on with that16:17
smbOtherwise open for question if there are16:17
zulany questions?16:17
* smb thinks no16:18
zuleverybody must be working away16:18
zul#topic Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)16:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)
zulhi rbasak16:18
zulanything to bring up16:19
rbasakNothing to report.16:19
rbasakAny questions for me?16:19
rbasakOh - the ARM team has now merged into platform, QA etc.16:19
zulif not moving on16:20
zul#topic Open Discussion16:20
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Open Discussion
zulanything to bring up16:20
arosalesadam_g: Did you get any more info on bug 924739?16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 924739 in squid3 (Ubuntu Precise) "after upgrade from oneiric to precise, previous squid config unused, cannot be used when relocated" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92473916:21
arosaleszul, mind if we go through at least the high bugs @ http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/release-bugs.html16:21
zularosales: go ahead16:22
arosaleszul, ok thanks.16:22
arosalesbug 88398816:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 883988 in glance (Ubuntu Precise) "db migration failing when upgrading glance - trying to create existing tables" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88398816:22
arosalesadam_g: were you working on this one?16:22
arosalesperhaps similar to bug 77931116:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 779311 in glance (Ubuntu) "Glance update for Ubuntu failing" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77931116:23
arosalesbug 89392616:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 893926 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu) "Contains traces of UEC" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/89392616:23
Daviey^^ i think we should try and punt that to iamfuzz16:24
arosalesno recent updates on this one, any one have any information on EUC?16:24
Daviey(Sorry for being largely absent.)16:24
arosalesbug 91181216:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 911812 in facter (Ubuntu Precise) "processor fact does not handle arm, others" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91181216:24
roaksoaxarosales: haven't taken care of it as I've been busy with the MaaS stuff16:25
arosalesroaksoax: roger that, still on your radar though?16:25
roaksoaxarosales: yest, this week i should definitely get it done (gfinally)16:25
arosalesroaksoax: cool, thanks :-)16:26
arosalesbug 92368116:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 923681 in debian-installer (Ubuntu) "Server install fails when selecting everything but 'VM host' & 'Manual selection' from tasksel" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92368116:26
arosaleszul already covered that16:26
arosalesbug 92502416:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 925024 in lxc (Ubuntu) "apparmor makes it impossible to install postgresql-common on Precise" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92502416:26
arosaleshallyn: any more insights into 925024?16:27
arosalesor still waiting on feedback from Brad?16:27
arosalesbug 85044316:28
adam_garosales: sorry, internet dropped. re squid bug, talked to daviey about this yesterday and i have better direction now than last week.  i pinged upstream about bug 883988, the glance db migration bug seems to be deferred upstream till next cycle, so ill probably try to come up with a fix myself for that.16:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 850443 in python-eventlet (Ubuntu) "Nova API does not listen on IPv6" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85044316:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 883988 in glance (Ubuntu Precise) "db migration failing when upgrading glance - trying to create existing tables" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88398816:28
hallynarosales: fix is heading into the kernel16:28
arosaleshallyn: great, thanks.16:28
arosalesDaviey: is 850443 yours?16:29
arosalesadam_g: Thanks for the update and continuing to work on that squid.conf issue.16:29
arosalesbug 92838316:29
ubottuLaunchpad bug 928383 in glance (Ubuntu) "python-glance package contains stuff about API and registry" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92838316:29
arosaleslook to be fairly new16:30
adam_garosales: i think that one is invalid, ill mark it so16:30
Davieyarosales: currently blocked on upstream bug tracker comments16:30
arosalesadam_g: Thanks for updating 92838316:30
arosalesDaviey: ok, thanks.16:31
arosalesbug 92899016:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 928990 in cloud-init (Ubuntu) "fsck / dirty filesystem on instance is death" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92899016:31
arosalesLooks like smoser filed this one on  Feb 8th16:32
arosalessmoser: utlemming: any further insights on 928990?16:32
arosalesbug 92978016:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 929780 in nova (Ubuntu) "console.ring files should not be world readable" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92978016:33
adam_gzul: was that console.ring permission one fixed with the proper refresh of the nova console patch we carry?16:33
zuli think thats fixed16:34
rbasakwhat's the instance directory's permissions?16:34
rbasakor is that the fix?16:34
zulthats the fix16:34
arosaleszul, could you update that bug?16:34
zulill double check one more time today :(16:34
arosalessolid, thanks zul :-)16:34
arosaleszul: that covers the high bugs, there is a few pings out there for folks still . . .16:35
arosalesbut perhaps they will catch the log or back scroll16:36
lynxmanDaviey: did you get to talk with jdstrand about the puppet security update?16:36
Davieylynxman: not as yet16:36
zulanything else?16:36
rbasakWe should have a separate agenda item for Precise Server release bugs really.16:36
zulwe should not have any bugs ;)16:37
rbasakAction item for zul: fix all the bugs :)16:37
zulyeah thats not going to happen :P16:37
lynxmanzul: if there's anyone that can do it, it's you16:38
zulif anyone thing has any else16:38
zul#topic Announce next meeting date and time16:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Announce next meeting date and time
zulnext week same bat time same bat channel16:39
zulthanks for coming16:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Feb 28 16:39:25 2012 UTC.16:39
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-28-16.05.moin.txt16:39
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-28-16.05.html16:39
arosaleswho is the chair for the next meeting?16:40
arosaleshallyn next on the list, but I think he may have just dropped16:40
arosalesok, thanks folks -- enjoy the rest of your day.16:41
arosaleszul thanks for chairing16:41
jsalisbury## This is the Ubuntu Kernel Team weekly status meeting.17:00
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Feb 28 17:00:05 2012 UTC.  The chair is jsalisbury. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.17:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired17:00
jsalisbury[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
jsalisbury[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Precise17:00
jsalisbury# Meeting Etiquette17:00
jsalisbury# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:00
jsalisbury#       'o/' indicates you have something to add (please wait until you are recognized)17:00
jsalisburyRoll Call for Ubuntu Kernel Weekly Status Meeting17:00
jsalisbury[TOPIC] ARM Status (ppisati)17:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ARM Status (ppisati)
ppisatiP/omap4: a new kernel (3.2.0-1407.9) was cut, rebased on top of 3.2.0-17.27, with fixes for usb musb (lp 927860), led heartbeat (lp 905445) and smsc95xx cmdline macaddr option (lp 937051).17:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 927860 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "Missing musb-hdrc module required by Pandaboard OTG port" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92786017:00
ppisatiM/omap4: to reserve >= 2GB of memory (lp 861296) the memory layout was changed from a 2G/2G to a 3G/1G split - next SRU kernel will contain this fix.17:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 905445 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "Starting with Precise, the heartbeat strobe on LED1 no longer functions on panda" [Low,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/90544517:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 937051 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Cannot set MAC address via kernel boot parameters" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93705117:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 861296 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Natty) "mmap fails to allocate 2030Mb heap on ARM" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86129617:00
jsalisbury[TOPIC] Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (jsalisbury)17:01
jsalisburyRelease metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following link:17:01
jsalisbury[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt17:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (jsalisbury)
jsalisbury[TOPIC] Milestone Targeted Work Items (ogasawara)17:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Milestone Targeted Work Items (ogasawara)
ogasawara[LINK] http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-12.04-beta-1.html17:01
ogasawara|| apw        || hardware-p-kernel-boot                || 4 work items ||17:01
ogasawara||            || hardware-p-kernel-config-review       || 6 work items ||17:01
ogasawara||            || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review        || 3 work items ||17:01
ogasawara|| sconklin   || servercloud-p-ceph                    || 1 work item  ||17:01
ogasawaraIf your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work17:01
ogasawaraitems.  If they won't be closed by Thursday, please push them out to17:01
jsalisbury[TOPIC] Blueprint: hardware-p-kernel-power-management (cking)17:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Blueprint: hardware-p-kernel-power-management (cking)
ckingPower Management:17:02
cking * Bluetooth power consumption in suspend17:02
cking   http://zinc.canonical.com/~cking/power-benchmarking/bluetooth-suspend17:02
cking * Background colour with DPMS off17:02
cking   http://zinc.canonical.com/~cking/power-benchmarking/background-dpms17:02
cking * Call for testing: latest RC6 fixes, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/PowerManagementRC617:02
cking   Please *re-test* if you haven't already done so. Thanks to Leann Ogasawara17:02
cking   for organising this.17:02
jsalisbury[TOPIC] Status: Precise Development Kernel (ogasawara)17:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Status: Precise Development Kernel (ogasawara)
ogasawaraThe archive remains frozen for the upcoming Beta-1 release on Thursday.17:02
ogasawaraWe received a Beta Freeze exception last week to upload a fix for the17:02
ogasawaraRC6 patch we applied.  This has received positive testing feedback and17:02
ogasawarait looks promising that we will be able to ship with RC6 enabled by17:02
ogasawaraWe have been queueing patches for the first post Beta-1 upload.  This17:02
ogasawarawill include a rebase to the latest v3.2.8 upstream stable release.  We17:02
ogasawarawill need to coordinate our upload with the planned gcc-4.6 upload.17:02
ogasawaraImportant upcoming dates:17:03
ogasawara * Thurs Mar 01 - Beta 1 (~2 days)17:03
jsalisbury[TOPIC] Status: CVE's (apw)17:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Status: CVE's (apw)
apwCurrently we have 74 CVEs on our radar, two new CVEs were added this week.17:03
apwSee the CVE matrix for the current list:17:03
apw 17:03
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html17:03
apw 17:03
apwOverall the backlog is broadly unchanged this week, we have closed one17:03
apwof the new CVEs and the other is already fixed for a number of releases:17:03
apw 17:03
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt17:03
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt17:03
apw 17:03
jsalisbury[TOPIC] Status: Stable, Security, and Bugfix Kernel Updates - Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (bjf/herton)17:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Status: Stable, Security, and Bugfix Kernel Updates - Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (bjf/herton)
bjfHere is the status for the main kernels, until today (Feb. 28):17:04
bjf 17:04
bjf * Hardy - 2.6.24-31.99     - Ready for copy to -updates17:04
bjf * Lucid - 2.6.32-39.86     - In regression testing17:04
bjf * Maverick - 2.6.35-32.66  - In regression testing17:04
bjf * Natty - 2.6.38-13.56     - In regression testing17:04
bjf * Oneiric - 3.0.0-16.29    - In regression testing17:04
bjf 17:04
bjfCurrent opened tracking bugs details:17:04
bjf * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html17:04
bjf 17:04
bjfFor SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:17:04
bjf * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html17:04
bjf 17:04
bjfFuture stable cadence cycles:17:04
bjf * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseInterlock17:04
jsalisbury[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)
jsalisburyThanks everyone17:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Feb 28 17:05:16 2012 UTC.17:05
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-28-17.00.moin.txt17:05
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-28-17.00.html17:05
ckingthanks jsalisbury17:05
apwjsalisbury, ta17:05
kamaljsalisbury: thanks17:05
tgardnersconklin, your name is on ogasawara's list: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-12.04-beta-1.html17:06
sconklinI'm also in another meeting . . .17:07
tgardnersconklin, ceph evaluation I think17:07
sconklinI'll get it looked at today and see whether it needs to be deferred. I think it can probably be done17:08
sconklinwell, the tests can be written, but there's still no place for them to run in QA17:08
sconklinI think it has to be deferred for that reason17:09
ogasawarasconklin: deferred to beta-2?  or Q?17:11
sconklinogasawara: to Q, as there won't be any tests other than SRU testing in QA for the kernel during this cycle, best I can tell17:12
ogasawarasconklin: ack17:12
sconklinogasawara: although if there's value in standing up some tests in some private test instances, we can pursue that17:12
sconklinI don't know who would know how important that is17:13
ogasawarasconklin: I'd talked to clint about some other work items assigned to our team in that blueprint and we postponed them as there were workarounds and it is a low priority blueprint17:15
sconklinack, should I talk to clint about postponing cep QA testing?17:17
ogasawarasconklin: well, I just postponed it for you :)17:18
ogasawarasconklin: if I hear of any backlash, I'll let you know17:18
sconklinack, we can do something less than full-blown QA testing if  they just need some sanity checks17:19
=== tobin is now known as joshuaBRB
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk
=== joshuaBRB is now known as tobin
=== ayan_ is now known as ayan
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
=== albrigha is now known as Guest54222

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!