=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk
=== rsalveti` is now known as rsalveti
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== duanedes1gn is now known as duanedesign
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
* slangasek waves16:01
* ogra_ moos16:02
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb 29 16:03:28 2012 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:03
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:03
slangasek[TOPIC] Lightning round16:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra infinity)16:04
slangasekinfinity barry stgraber ogra bdmurray slangasek doko jodh ev16:04
slangasekinfinity: looks like you get to go first for your first Foundations meeting :)16:04
dokoohh man, this list is long ...16:05
infinityWorked on this week: - cdimage and debian-cd tweaks for ARM images and kubuntu-active - helped with general release management and queue management - filed tickets with IS for buildd precise upgrades - looked at fpc on armhf a bit more16:05
infinityUpcoming work: - need to chase down status of gnat on armhf with Linaro - more work on livefs-in-soyuz (rewriting from memory) - need to find time to debug the root cause of the qtwebkit-source FTBFS - finish the fpc on armhf port - dodge doko's attempts to dump the entire C toolchain on me - possibility of a (short) emergency VAC for personal reasons16:05
infinityirrsi, damn you and your hatred of leading whitespace.16:05
infinityirssi, too.16:05
infinityLet's try that harder.16:05
infinityWorked on this week:16:05
infinity- cdimage and debian-cd tweaks for ARM images and kubuntu-active16:05
infinity- helped with general release management and queue management16:05
infinity- filed tickets with IS for buildd precise upgrades16:05
infinity- looked at fpc on armhf a bit more16:05
infinityUpcoming work:16:05
infinity- need to chase down status of gnat on armhf with Linaro16:05
infinity- more work on livefs-in-soyuz (rewriting from memory)16:06
infinity- need to find time to debug the root cause of the qtwebkit-source FTBFS16:06
infinity- finish the fpc on armhf port16:06
infinity- dodge doko's attempts to dump the entire C toolchain on me16:06
infinity- possibility of a (short) emergency VAC for personal reasons16:06
dokoinfinity, qtwebkit ... this is the linker needing too much memory, afaics16:06
infinitydoko: Yes, but why?16:06
dokobecause it's an insane amount of code?16:07
infinitydoko: It's the same amount of code on other arches. :P16:07
slangasekit was running out of memory on other arches too, before tweaking?16:07
infinitydoko: Including armel, which doesn't have the issue.16:07
dokoinfinity, yes, and webkit ftbfs on powerpc for the same reason16:07
infinitySo, I dunno.  We'll see.  Maybe it can just be tweaked a bit, or maybe the linker on armhf is doing something dumb.16:07
barryinfinity: all done?16:08
infinitybarry: Go nuts.16:08
* barry can't go where he already is, but...16:09
infinityGo nutser.16:09
barrybugs investigated, fixed, sponsored: bug 903126 (smc ftbfs), bug 903121 (crystalspace ftbfs), bug 27520 (cron multiple SRUs), bug 828731 (kexec-tools multiple SRUs), bug 848915 (update-manager without $DISPLAY), bug 556293 (apt global proxy), bug 942408 (python-support not cleaning up after upgrade).  Sync'd wadllib 1.3.0-1.  Also worked on Python issue 13703 (hash collision security issue) and Python 2.6.8rc1 released.  To do: +1maint,16:09
barrylook at a few more bugs from my list, and prepping for Pycon next week.  ∞16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 903126 in smc (Debian) "smc 1.9-4ubuntu1 fails to build with cegui-mk2 0.7.5-7" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/90312616:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 903121 in crystalspace (Ubuntu) "crystalspace 1.4.0+dfsg-4ubuntu2 fails to build with cegui-mk2 0.7.5-7" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/90312116:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 27520 in cron (Ubuntu Lucid) "cron daemon caches user-non-existent lookup results, causing "ORPHAN" message and skipping jobs for all LDAP/NIS-defined users" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/2752016:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 828731 in kexec-tools (Ubuntu Natty) "kdump functionality not working as expected when /boot is a separate partition" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82873116:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 848915 in update-manager (Ubuntu Precise) "cryptic traceback when running update-manager w/no X $DISPLAY" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84891516:09
stgraber- Networking16:09
stgraber - Blogged about the changes to DNS in 12.04: http://www.stgraber.org/2012/02/24/dns-in-ubuntu-12-04/16:09
stgraber - Tested and applied patch to fix netcfg's dns-nameservers handling (bug 932275)16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 932275 in ifupdown (Ubuntu) "Bogus or no nameserver information written to /etc/network/interfaces" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93227516:10
stgraber- TPM16:10
stgraber - Fixed bug 934799 so that trousers now installs properly16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 934799 in trousers (Ubuntu) "trousers start script has exit status 137" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93479916:10
stgraber- Installer16:10
stgraber - Last minute fixes of the installer slideshows (all flavours) and uploaded for beta116:10
stgraber - Fixed bug 898278 and bug 936115 in ubiquity.16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 898278 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "Upgrade menu option should not appear for old releases" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/89827816:10
stgraber - Tracked down bug 939450 to a gtk regression16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 936115 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity crashed with TypeError in partman_popup(): popup() takes exactly 7 arguments (6 given)" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93611516:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 939450 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity crashed with TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable in ubi-partman.py" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93945016:10
stgraber - Uploaded a workaround for bug 645449 that in turn caused bug 942560, now woking on the right way of fixing this ...16:10
stgraber - Also started debugging bug 940908 but it's lower priority than the other one16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 645449 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "Ubiquity hangs at Keyboard layout if you use keyboard to navigate / select" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64544916:10
stgraber - Noticed during ISO testing that Wubi in Edubuntu doesn't allow me to install it (only offer the "reboot to live environment" option), apparently caused by broken free space calculation16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 942560 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "keyboard layout screen - Keyboard navigation broken" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94256016:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 940908 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "Keyboard layout not set on persistent USB image" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94090816:10
stgraber- Containers16:10
stgraber - Some more Ubuntu server guide review for the LXC section16:10
stgraber - Fixed some more bugs in the Ubuntu LXC template to do with sudo group in older releases.16:10
stgraber- Other16:10
stgraber - Wrote a new queuebot, currently running in #ubuntu-release16:10
dokoinfinity, ftbfs on armel too16:10
slangasekbarry: I assigned you a couple of triaged bugs on update-manager that looked like easy wins; do you think you could get to those this week?16:11
infinitydoko: Only due to a broken .symbols file.16:11
barryslangasek: yep, their on my list for this week16:11
infinitydoko: The link succeeds.16:11
jodhWorked on fix for bug 940290 (updating tests atm...) Investigating bug16:11
jodh883618 - looks like "something" is calling an xdg-* command or possibly16:11
jodh/usr/share/acpi-support/screenblank, but tricky to pin this down due to16:11
jodhthe time taken to perform the upgrade. Wishing we had opengrok to help16:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 940290 in upstart "console log consumes fds upon job restart/respawn" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94029016:11
jodhtrack this down. :). Did some investigation on bug 935296 and16:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 935296 in java-atk-wrapper (Ubuntu Precise) "java-atk-wrapper prevents java applications from starting" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93529616:11
jodhestablished bug is with AT-SPI/ATK.16:11
barryslangasek: if you have a preference for priority, pvtmsg me your list16:12
slangasekbarry: ack16:13
slangasekogra_: you're up16:13
ogra_jodh, is serial console support still on your list ?16:13
ogra_* started researching why ubiquity kde bits end up on ac100 images16:13
ogra_* look into bug #924018 (Preseeding doesn't work with oem-config) ... made sure preseed values get applied at all, now on to why oem-config doesnt pick up16:13
ogra_* tried to spend a little time with bug #747229 (screen color change when oem-config-remove runs in serial consoles)16:13
ogra_* closed a handfull of bugs in the "rotting ubuntu-arm bugs" list, ongoing process16:13
ogra_* started researching why the keyboard selection gets completely skipped in oem-config in some preinstalled images (bug #925482)16:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 924018 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Preseeding doesn't work with oem-config" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92401816:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 747229 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "weird color change during oem-config debconf package removal step in serial installs" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74722916:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 925482 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "no keboard selection offered in oem-config on precise ac100 images" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92548216:14
ogra_* did general image testing for omap4 and ac100 as well as typical milestone paperwork (tech preview wiki, manifest etc)16:14
ogra_* fix whatever causes the kde bits to show up16:14
ogra_* more oem-config bugwork16:14
ogra_* stopwatch initrdless boot16:14
ogra_* look across the armel ftbfs list16:14
infinityogra_: Which kde bits?16:14
ogra_infinity, well, ubiquity-frontend-kde and all its deps end up on the ac100 images16:14
ogra_not sure why ... but its pretty visible since akonadi is the first app in the unity app lens now :P16:15
ogra_they also dont get removed16:15
bdmurraybug triage of iso-testing bug reports16:15
bdmurraybug triage of update-manager bug reports16:15
bdmurraydiscussion with mvo regarding NvidiaDetection and datadir and distribution upgrades (fixed)16:15
infinityogra_: I'll poke at it, it's my code breaking. :P16:16
ogra_you sure ?16:16
bdmurraymodifications to the bug pattern for bug 541595 to avoid incorrect dupication16:16
jodhogra_: it's in there somewhere. I'll see if I can sift it slightly16:16
jodhcloser to the surface.16:16
jodh 16:16
jodh 16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 541595 in dpkg (Ubuntu) "[Master] package failed to install/upgrade: package is already installed and configured" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/54159516:16
bdmurraybug bot fix for no package bugs without a SourcePackage line in the bug description16:16
bdmurraywrote launchpadlib code to show the 20 hottest bugs about packages to which the foundations team is subscribed16:16
bdmurrayblog post regarding recent package bug tasks charts16:16
ogra_infinity, i was suspecting ac100-tarball-installer vs jasper16:16
bdmurrayexperimentation with recent package bug tasks and showing duplicate bugs16:16
bdmurrayexperimented with recent bug tasks graph changes (periods show 1-7 and 8-14)16:16
bdmurraycreated a bugs receiving duplicates chart16:16
bdmurraytroubleshooting an mdadm recovery issue - bug 92528016:16
bdmurraypush ubiquity apport package hook modifications to fix bug 87472716:16
bdmurraycall with evan regarding crash database16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 925280 in mdadm (Ubuntu) "Software RAID fails to rebuild after testing degraded cold boot" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92528016:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 874727 in apport (Ubuntu Precise) "media error bug report blocking is incomplete" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/87472716:16
slangasekbdmurray: hmm, is there more than one "already installed and configured" bug, or was the bug pattern duping things that were altogether unrelated?16:17
dokoinfinity, both the bfd and the gold linker fail to link this16:17
bdmurrayslangasek: no, not altogether unrelated - just a bit overzealous16:17
bdmurrayslangasek: it was a small number of incorrect dupes and I fixed the most recent ones16:18
infinitydoko: Ahh, I hadn't tested with gold yet (though I note that the build is attempting to use gold and failing to do so... Do we not carry the --with-ld GCC patch?)16:18
dokoinfinity, use -B/usr/lib/gold-ld to use gold16:19
doko/usr/bin/ld: fatal error: libQtWebKit.so.4.9.0: mmap: failed to allocate 4275704736 bytes for output file: Cannot allocate memory16:19
dokocollect2: ld returned 1 exit status16:19
slangasekbdmurray: I don't think I've seen this hottest-bugs list yet - anything interesting there?16:20
slangasek* worked on:16:20
slangasek * ARM team hand-off16:20
slangasek * driving discussion with Debian about upstart16:20
slangasek * beta-1 tending16:20
slangasek * NFS fixes (bug #939232)16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 939232 in libnfsidmap (Ubuntu) "nfs mount fails and rpc.idmapd fails" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93923216:20
slangasek * resolvconf: cope with historically broken netcfg. (bug #932275)16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 932275 in ifupdown (Ubuntu) "Bogus or no nameserver information written to /etc/network/interfaces" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93227516:21
slangasek * upload activity-log-manager to fix an upgrade issue (bug #939842)16:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 939842 in activity-log-manager (Ubuntu) "package activity-log-manager-control-center 0.9.1-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite '/etc/dbus-1/system.d/com.ubuntu.WhoopsiePreferences.conf', which is also in package whoopsie 0.1.10" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93984216:21
slangasek* upcoming:16:21
slangasek * planning finalized for virtual sprint (Mar 19-21)16:21
bdmurrayslangasek: that's for later!  the hottest bug is twice as hot as the 2nd hottest and we should sort it out16:21
infinityogra_: Definitely my bug.  Fixing.16:21
slangasekbdmurray: ok :)16:22
doko- integrated icedtea-web pages upstream, update package to current 1.2 branch16:22
doko- update and integrate cjk font patches into openjdk-6 and -716:22
doko- investigate test suite hang in openjdk-6, ix86 only, for now just disable the tests16:22
doko- gcc-4.6.3~rc1 packaging16:22
doko- prepare gcc-linaro updates based on the existing 2012.02 release16:22
doko- cherry pick gcc-linaro ARM patches from Linaro16:22
doko- help janimo to investigate the chromium build failure on armhf16:22
doko- investigate and forward some general gcc-4.6 ICEs (ppl, webkit)16:22
doko- investigate qtwebkit-source build failures on ARM16:22
doko- prepare eglibc debian merge (libc6-dbg multiarch installability for non-ARM)16:22
doko- dump eglibc on adconrad, do it right!16:22
doko(done, but still dumping ;)16:22
* slangasek eyes the snow16:22
* infinity doesn't see anyone named adconrad.16:23
slangasekand jodh went and ev is on the list but is at conference today16:24
dokothat's a fake dump so that you are not prepared for the real one ;-P16:24
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugz16:24
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugz
bdmurrayso our hottest bug is bug 65943816:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 659438 in apt (Ubuntu) "Installation/Removal fails because of package which could not be located (failure in apt.Cache.required_download)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65943816:25
bdmurrayI believe there is some bug status confusion on it16:26
infinitybdmurray: And if it didn't OOPS LP, we could look at it.16:26
slangasekit worked for me16:26
infinityThree timeouts in a row for me.16:26
infinityOh well.16:26
bdmurrayuse +text16:26
bdmurrayif you want the gist of it16:27
infinityAhh, it just rendered on the fourth go.16:27
ogra_hmm, some dupes there16:27
bdmurrayonly dupe 903269 has apport data and is from precise16:28
=== Ursinha` is now known as Ursinha
slangasekI wonder if we should just set that as the master bug16:28
bdmurrayIt might also be that its the same traceback but a different bug16:30
slangasekcould be16:31
infinityogra_: (Fix committed and uploaded, BTW)16:31
ogra_merci !16:31
* ogra_ strikes it off his todo16:31
slangasekbdmurray: followed up on the bug and dropped the "fix committed"16:32
slangaseker no16:32
slangasekattempted to, but now I've hit an lp timeout ;)16:32
slangasekbdmurray: I'll try to follow up on that asynchronously then.  what else do you have for bugs?16:32
slangasekok that's way too much white stuff falling from the sky16:33
bdmurraybug 941922 - I couldn't decide how important that should be16:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 941922 in update-manager (Ubuntu) "do-release-upgrade races puppet for file contents" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94192216:33
slangasekbdmurray: hmm, I'd say medium at most16:34
slangasekseems like people using puppet should be disabling it during a dist-upgrade, no?16:35
infinityI'm inclined to say that automagic configuration management and package managers just plain can't run concurrently.16:35
stgraberthe definitely should turn off puppet or any other configuration management tool during upgrade16:35
infinityNot sure if that's something that should be fixed in apt/dpkg/rpm/etc/etc, or just in puppet (or in the minds of admins)16:35
mvobdmurray: about #659438> do the reproduce steps actually work?16:35
bdmurraymvo: the test case in that?  I haven't tried that yet but can today.16:36
ogra_stgraber, well, as ugly as it is, then there should probably a debconf note telling them16:36
mvowe *could* turn off pupett automatically before the upgrade if that is something that people want, I'm just not sure that this is uncontroversial16:36
mvobdmurray: that would be great, TBH the instruction does not look correct to me but I may be wrong about it16:37
ogra_(like we do on libc upgrades)16:37
infinitymvo: Sure, you could do it in a high level tool like update-manager, but that still feels like it's broken for low-level package management.16:37
* mvo nods at infinity16:37
infinitymvo: Maybe what this really wants is puppet shipping an apt-utils hook that turns itself off and on.16:38
slangasekthat sounds sane to me16:38
infinitymvo: Still doesn't cover the dpkg case, but it covers most everything else.16:38
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk
mvoinfinity: good point, that sounds like the best way forward, dpkg::{pre,post}-invoke16:38
* infinity nods.16:39
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
slangasekso we can reassign it to puppet and let the server team decide the severity? :)16:39
infinityAnd a dependency on apt-utils, so it works.  (or is apt-utils no longer required for dpkg::-invoke hooks?)16:39
mvothe invoke hooks should work without apt-utils16:39
infinityOh, shiny.16:40
infinityEven better, then.16:40
infinityFeels like the cleanest solution to me, short of doing it at the dpkg level.16:40
* mvo tries to think of a reason why it wouldn't but fails and gets more tea to keep the engine running16:40
slangasekmvo, infinity: one of you want to reassign to puppet with that explanation?16:40
jodhWhat about the case where an admin runs do-release-upgrade by16:40
jodhmistake? Wouldn't it be better to have the command print a warning an16:40
jodhexit until admins intervene to manually switch off puppet/cfengine/bcfg2/etc?16:40
jodh 16:40
slangasekjodh: if you run "do-release-upgrade" by mistake, you get to keep both pieces16:41
infinityjodh: Well, with the apt hook solution, there's no real need for warning.  puppet just gets disabled (and re-enabled) every time apt runs.16:41
slangasekwe're not responsible for our users hiring minimally competent sysadmins ;)16:41
mvojodh: if we go with the suggestion from infinity that would be fine because puttet would shutdown when dpkg is invoked by apt which it should. and if at this point it was still a mistake there are more problems :)16:41
infinityslangasek: I can follow up on the bug post-meeting, since mvo seems to have remained silent. :P16:42
slangasekinfinity: thanks :-)16:42
mvoinfinity: I was about to say that I can do it but you deserve credit for the plan so … ;)16:42
slangasekbdmurray: any more?16:43
jodhIf a system is being managed by puppet, is it ever valid to run16:43
jodhdo-release-upgrade though?16:43
jodh 16:43
bdmurraybug 94203016:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 942030 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "'Take a photo' preview pane not showing live preview" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94203016:43
infinityjodh: Sure.16:43
infinityjodh: d-r-u is just a flimsy wrapper around apt.  In the best case (ie: if we don't have horrible bugs we're hiding and working around in update-manager), it literally does nothing but install and remove packages. :P16:44
stgraberbdmurray: I guess I'll take that one once I'm done with the keyboard stuff then, will need to figure out a way to expose a webcam to kvm ;)16:44
infinityjodh: And if "running apt" is an invalid thing for puppet users to do, there's a problem.16:44
bdmurraythat's all then16:45
slangasek[TOPIC] Patch piloting16:47
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Patch piloting
slangasekjust as dholbach leaves ;)16:48
infinityWell timed.16:48
infinityI know I missed my last pilot session due to connectivity issues while I was at Connect. :/16:48
slangasekjust to reiterate... we need to make sure patch piloting is happening, to keep contributions flowing in16:49
slangasekour track record on this has not been great16:49
slangasekif circumstances prevent you from piloting on your assigned day (because it overlaps with a conference for example), by all means swap days16:49
slangasekdoko: looks like you're scheduled to patch pilot tomorrow - is that going to work ok?16:50
dokoyeah, will try to start early16:50
bdmurrayregarding patches I also wanted to mention https://bugs.launchpad.net/~foundations-bugs/+patches16:51
slangasekbdmurray: do you know if that list is going up/down?16:53
bdmurrayslangasek: I would guess up but don't have numbers right in front of me16:54
slangasekthat's a good list of bugs for folks to draw on as well when patch piloting, anyway - probably a lot of these (particularly the older ones) should have the patch tag dropped because they don't really fix the bug16:54
slangasekmaybe stgraber wants to review the patch in bug #20420 :)16:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 20420 in netcfg (Ubuntu) "default to wired network interface if connected" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/2042016:54
slangasekany other concerns on patch piloting?16:55
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB16:55
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekor other business?16:55
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb 29 16:56:24 2012 UTC.16:56
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-16.03.moin.txt16:56
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-16.03.html16:56
slangasekthanks :)16:56
ogra_thanks !16:56
jodh/q slangasek17:01
jodh 17:01
jodh 17:01
jodh 17:01
balloonslet's get started shall we?17:03
balloons#startmeeting Ubuntu QA17:03
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb 29 17:03:25 2012 UTC.  The chair is balloons. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.17:03
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired17:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Meeting | Current topic:
balloonscan we get a roll call of who's around17:03
phillwcould be a short meeting :/17:05
balloonsalrighty.. well let's dive into the agenda17:06
balloonsthere was one outstanding item, for me to update the wiki17:06
balloonsACTION: balloons to update QA Team wiki heading17:06
balloonsi wanted to add an activities icon17:06
balloonsI seem to only be successful at breaking the header page17:06
phillwcproffit from ubuntu-begginers helped me when I got stuck with the new lubuntu header17:07
balloonsphillw, awesome, I'll consult him.. expect to see that today after the meeting17:08
balloonsi picked the <3 icon for activities17:08
balloons[TOPIC] Ubuntu Updates17:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Meeting | Current topic: Ubuntu Updates
balloonsjibel, are you around?17:09
balloonshello :-) care to update us on ubuntu qa activities this week?17:09
jibelsure, Precise Beta 1 testing in progress17:10
jibellist of images that need testing http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/208/builds17:10
jibela bunch of bugs has been found http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/defects/opened17:11
jibelmajor bugs with the installer and the live session are:17:11
jibelbug 94090817:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 940908 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "Keyboard layout not set on persistent USB image" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94090817:11
jibelbug 93945017:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 939450 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity crashed with TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable in ubi-partman.py" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93945017:11
jibelbug 94256017:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 942560 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "keyboard layout screen - Keyboard navigation broken" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94256017:12
balloonsyes brendand ?17:12
jibeland bug 94203017:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 942030 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "'Take a photo' preview pane not showing live preview" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94203017:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 942573 in xubuntu-default-settings (Ubuntu) "Network connections indicator not shown" [Undecided,Fix released]17:12
brendandis in xubuntu, but marked against an ubuntu testcase??17:12
jibelright, I saw that but didn't talk to primes2h yet17:13
jibelon the image testing side, a tester reported a hang on the keyboard layout screen on the second stage of an OEM install17:15
jibelI've been unable to reproduce, it be nice if we could have more testers to validate that if it is a local issue or not17:15
balloonsjibel, can we draft some of this up into a mail for the qa list? I'll also send a tweet on status17:16
jibelapart from that, beta 1 should be released tomorrow, that's plenty of hours for more coverage17:16
jibelballoons, ok17:16
balloonsthanks jibel!17:16
balloonsAlright, let's talk about flavors now17:17
balloons[TOPIC] Ubuntu Flavor Updates17:17
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Meeting | Current topic: Ubuntu Flavor Updates
balloonslubuntu first, how's that17:17
phillwWe're all over it like a rash, this was caused by  it's a change on GTK3 3.2.1 syntax and theme standards (I'm angry because of so many changes, they won't make any standard if it goes that way) and Unico 1.0.1 (some textures changes, too).17:18
phillwWhich pulled the rug from under lubuntu for a week.17:18
phillwa rough patch is hoped for today, and then all the isos will need respinning.17:19
phillwIMHO, it was an epic fail via QA for this to happen. We had no warning nor information. Just black screens.17:19
balloonsalrighty. good luck, I'm looking at the screenshot of the issue17:21
balloonsthata's no fun.. and very vague as to what could be the issue17:21
phillwso, the request is - is there any way to stop this in thre future?17:21
balloonsglad you isolated it17:21
phillwour graphics guy is proud of his work and was gutted over it :(17:21
balloons:-( that's no good at all17:22
balloonsI feel like the future for stopping this is doing more testing of key components before they entire the archive17:22
phillwthe only other thing to note is the ppc *may* not be working on G3 macs, but until we can actually install it's hard for our few testers to test :(17:22
balloonsI'll sidebar for a moment to mention this list: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/DesktopCriticalPackages17:23
balloonssure, go ahead brendand17:23
brendandis lubuntu being iso tested?17:23
brendandin jenkins?17:23
balloonsI'm not sure phillw ? jibel?17:24
phillwballoons: I know very little about jenkins17:25
jibelballoons, we test ubuntu, but the code we use for testing is available if you want to run it on your own infrastructure17:26
balloonsbrendand, do you feel like having jenkins on this would have helped in this case?17:27
balloonsis that the answer going forward?17:27
brendandballoons, well it looks like an integration issue to me17:27
brendandballoons, as in Gtk didn't break itself , it broke something else17:28
balloonsk, let;s move this discussion to the mailing list.. phillw it looks like there may be a way to improve QA for future17:28
balloonsi'm sure brendand and jibel will speak more about it there17:29
jibelballoons, in this case, for ubuntu, we don't have tests that cover the rendering of the UI and similar defects are found with manual testing17:29
balloonsjibel, thanks for the info. it certainly depends on what your coverage is17:29
balloonsok, how about kubuntu?17:29
jibelbut the plan is to be able to do this type of test with the next testing framework we are working on17:29
brendandphillw - i have an idea to share. on the mailing list - if you can send a message to get things rolling17:29
Riddellbrendand: looking good for beta I think17:30
Riddellwe have kubuntu-active images yet but nobody has tested and almost certainly they don't do anything17:30
balloonsyes.. any thoughts on getting hardware to try those out? will they be a published image for 12.04, or just ?17:32
balloonsRiddell, thoughts on what will be happening with the kubuntu-active images?17:35
Riddellballoons: it'll be a "tech preview" at best17:36
balloonsok, makes sens17:36
Riddellif we get it going that's nice, if not then we won't worry too much17:36
balloonsawesome.. anything else?17:36
balloonsalrighty, let's move on to ubuntu studio.. anyone about care to update us?17:37
balloonsno one about.. :-)17:38
balloonshow about edubuntu?17:39
balloonslastly, any updates from xubuntu?17:40
balloonsheh.. kk.. Let's move on17:41
balloonswe've got alot to chat about17:41
balloons[TOPIC] Other topics17:42
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu QA Meeting | Current topic: Other topics
balloonsyes brendand ?17:42
brendandmanual testing17:42
brendandballoons, love what you're doing with checkbox17:42
brendandthe whole story around creating test cases is really messy17:43
brendandwe have a wiki, but it's not complete17:43
brendandwe have a spreadsheet, i'm not sure if that's complete17:43
brendandwe're looking at case conductor17:43
brendandand now you can also submit jobs to checkbox17:43
brendand(the checkbox-app-testing branch to be precise)17:44
balloonsbrendand, yep your correct on all those things17:44
brendandcan the wiki die anytime soon?17:44
balloonsthe wiki is not the long-term solution17:44
balloonsthat was discussed last year afaik, and the decision to leave it was made then17:44
balloonsif not I would propose we go ahead and formally say so now ;-)17:45
brendandballoons, yes but then as far as i can tell you're using the test cases as written on the wiki for the checkbox tests...17:45
brendandam i wrong?17:45
balloonsI pulled the test cases we re-wrote as part of the spreadsheet rewrite project17:46
balloonsthat is correct17:46
brendandso they are *all* in the spreadsheet?17:46
balloonsall the checkbox testcases?17:46
balloonsnot all all17:46
balloons*not at all17:46
balloonsif you look the wiki has only maybe the nautilus and network manager tests copied unedited17:47
balloonsi took ideas from some of the others, but by and large, the wiki is pretty old and dead17:47
brendandcan we make the wiki read-only?17:47
brendand(maybe it is already and i'm being a dum-dum)17:47
balloonsno, it's still editable.. I'm not sure the wiki can or can't be readonly17:47
balloonsif it can I would be ok with it17:48
phillwit can be tagged as depreciated to encourage people NOT to update it.17:48
balloonsI would say we are at that point17:48
balloonsas far as the future, we are still looking for a test case management system17:48
balloonsin my post I outlined my thoughts about that.. i'll repeat them here, and see what you all think/feel17:49
brendandalso, banners saying "THIS WIKI IS DEPRECATED - SEE <Google Docs Link>"17:49
phillwbrendand: we can do that :)17:49
balloonsbasically we need a test case mgmt system,  test case delivery system and a test case reporting system17:49
brendandwhat happened with case conductor?17:50
balloonsright now, we have the wiki more or less as the mgmt system, nothing (we're trying out checkbox now) as the delivry system, and nothing (we're trying out lp and the results tracker) for the reporting system17:50
brendandi'm biased, but checkbox is a good delivery system17:51
balloonsi have been focusing my efforts recently on getting this checkbox prototype up and running17:51
phillwballoons: brendand we can chat on ML about a couple of systems the SII have tested out if it would help?17:51
brendandlaunchpad-results may need an extra layer over it to be generally suitable17:51
balloonsand the case conductor folks have been working on pushing out the new release17:51
balloonsbut we will prototype that as well17:51
balloonsphillw, yes that would be great17:51
brendandballoons, if we wanted to start using case conductor tomorrow, what would the risks be?17:52
balloonsat this point I feel like we need a nicely intergrated workflow.. but all 3 needs must be met17:52
balloonsand I'm not biased as to what tools we use17:52
balloonsbrendand, yes I agree results tracker if adopted would need more added to it17:52
balloonsbrendand, if we started using cc tomorrow, no real risks other than we have to adopt it.. and at the moment we have no way of delivering those tests outside of using the web browser17:53
balloonswe may or may not like that delivery system17:53
brendandbut it's still miles ahead of a spreadsheet17:53
balloonsyes.. it is17:53
brendandballoons, have you found out does it have an api for pulling testcases?17:54
balloonseverything in the spreadsheet is in checkbox tests now though17:54
balloonsbrendand, I'm not sure on the api for pulling tests17:54
brendandballoons, you've had meeting with the mozilla guys, right?17:54
balloonsi wasn't attempting to muddy the waters, but I know having checkbox tests does deprecate the other places we've been putting them17:54
balloonsbrendand, yes I've met with the mozilla guys17:55
balloonsI intend to revisit case conductor within the next couple weeks17:55
balloonsprobably next week17:55
=== lifeless_ is now known as lifeless
brendandlet's clarify all this17:56
balloonsthey were supposed to have a release around early march17:56
brendandi'm a contributor17:56
brendandand i'm reading your page, so i go and right a testcase in checkbox and propose a merge17:56
brendandthe first thing you're going to tell me is 'can you write it up in this spreadsheet too'17:57
balloonsbrendand, at this point I make no mention of updating a spreadsheet or wiki (nor have I attempted to myself)17:57
balloonsaka, the checkbox tests are standalone17:57
balloonsnow, we could decide to deprecate all other tests and just go with the checkbox repo.. however I didn't want to do that, even tho short-term it means we have tests in 2 places (I was assuming the wiki would stay as-is for now as the repository of tests)17:58
balloonsthe long term solution is something like case conductor, which I think we all agree with17:59
balloonsit's simply what do we do in the shortterm?17:59
brendandi think there should be some attempt to keep the authoritative location for test cases and the execution tool in sync17:59
balloonsalright our time is expired.. I'll end the meeting.. can we continue this discussion in #ubuntu-testing?17:59
balloonsfor those folks reading the logs we'll post to the ml a summary18:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb 29 18:00:19 2012 UTC.18:00
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-17.03.moin.txt18:00
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-17.03.html18:00
bdmurrayhi, time for the bug squad meeting18:02
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb 29 18:03:39 2012 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:03
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:03
bdmurray#topic Previous Actions18:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Previous Actions
bdmurrayACTION: put list of dbus no reply bugs into a wiki page and email bugsquad regarding list: bdmurray18:04
bdmurrayI've not done this yet, so will carry it over18:04
bdmurrayACTION: investigate bug 827615: Ursinha18:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 827615 in software-center (Ubuntu Precise) "software-center crashed with TypeError in show_available_packages(): this constructor takes no arguments" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/82761518:04
bdmurraydone and fix released!18:04
s9iper1thanks ursinha:18:05
Ursinhafix was already committed when that bug was raised, they just released it :)18:05
Ursinhano problem, they did all the dirty job!18:05
bdmurraystill good news18:05
Ursinhaindeed sir18:05
bdmurray#topic Engineering Team Bug Status18:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Engineering Team Bug Status
bdmurrayUrsinha: any thing interesting?18:06
Ursinhanothing that could be reported right now18:06
bdmurrayjsalisbury: anything on your side?18:07
bdmurraynot much from me, however I'm looking into an issue where apport-crash reports with python tracebacks are missing data18:10
bdmurrayfor example bug 94334018:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 943340 in Ubuntu "oneconf-query crashed with DBusException in call_blocking(): org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.443 was not provided by any .service files" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94334018:10
bdmurrayif you happen to report one of these I'm interested in the .crash file from the system in happened on too18:11
bdmurraythat'd be located in /var/crash18:11
bdmurray#topic Bug Escalations (any High or Critical bugs that community members have seen that need attention)18:13
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bug Escalations (any High or Critical bugs that community members have seen that need attention)
bdmurrayso are there any bugs that aren't getting the attention they deserve?18:13
bdmurrayokay nothing this week then18:15
bdmurray#topic Other Topics18:15
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Other Topics
bdmurrayany thing else to discuss?18:15
bdmurrayhggdh: yes?18:16
hggdhI would like to officially welcome mfish as the newest Bug Control member18:16
bdmurrayhggdh: I saw that, that's great!18:17
hggdhI do hope he keeps on helping!18:17
bdmurrayoh Ursinha do you know what package I'd want to report a bug about for the login splash screen?  Is it lightdm or some theme?18:18
dlentzbdmurray, are you getting a light purple screen? (i have that issue with 12.04, but i didn't know if it was because i'm using xubuntu)18:19
bdmurraydlentz: no, I'm concerned about the text there '12.04' doesn't have LTS after it18:20
dlentzoh, you mean plymouth splash screen?18:20
bdmurraydlentz: no, I mean the one lightdm one where I log in18:20
dlentzoh, ok, i guess i've only seen the xubuntu default18:21
bdmurraywell it looks like logo.png in the unity-greeter package18:21
bdmurrayanything else?18:22
=== s9iper1_ is now known as s9iper1
bdmurrayokay, thanks everyone18:23
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb 29 18:23:19 2012 UTC.18:23
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-18.03.moin.txt18:23
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-18.03.html18:23
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
phillw#startmeeting lubuntu meeting20:00
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb 29 20:00:36 2012 UTC.  The chair is phillw. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.20:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired20:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | lubuntu meeting Meeting | Current topic:
phillwHi, Julien can't make it, so you'll have to put up with me again!20:01
phillw#topic previous actions20:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | lubuntu meeting Meeting | Current topic: previous actions
phillwThere are no previous actions20:01
phillw#topic show of hands of atendees20:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | lubuntu meeting Meeting | Current topic: show of hands of atendees
rafaellagunahi (and glad to see you as chairman again, phillw)20:01
phillwcan those present please o/20:02
phillwor kick me20:02
moergaesmörgæs o/20:02
StephenSmallyo/ (?)20:03
phillwokies, others can pipe up as and when they are here.20:03
phillw#topic report from QA20:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | lubuntu meeting Meeting | Current topic: report from QA
phillwRight, please bear with me on this one. It will take a while.20:03
phillwAs you will all be aware, lubuntu is crawling over qa testing like a rash at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/93847220:04
phillwbug 93847220:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 938472 in lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu) "dialogs are barely readable-- grey on black????" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93847220:04
rafaellaguname -> angry20:04
phillwThe main discussion on QA tonight was how to prevent this ever happeneing again.20:05
rafaellagunayep, and prevent people two days trying to figure out what's happening20:05
phillwto this end, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/DesktopCriticalPackages was pointed out.20:05
phillwThe discussion on QA is now taking place on the mailing list. Rafael & Julien are being cc'd developments20:06
phillwplease do bear in mind, that the QA meeting was only 3 hours ago.20:06
david_j_ro/  (sorry - just registering late presence for archivak purposes!)20:07
phillwThe co-ordinator, and others on the QA team agree that this was a failure, a big failure in that something hit the archives without being fully checked.20:07
rafaellagunathe package was changed in Ubuntu main repos20:07
phillwI've just had an email from rafaellaguna, but I ask that he give you the latest that he has.20:08
rafaellagunaI mean, if there're some filters for other packages, why some ones don't? because they look less critical, as they are art related20:08
phillwrafaellaguna: imho, I don't think any one realised that they could completely bork a system.20:10
phillwi was not aware of that lisy until tonights meeting.20:10
rafaellaguna@phillw: agree20:11
meetingologyrafaellaguna: Error: "phillw:" is not a valid command.20:11
rafaellagunaphillw: agree20:11
phillwThe time for anger, is later. The $64,000 question, rafaellaguna, is can you overcome this?20:12
rafaellagunaI'm working on a solution with our theme, I can't do aymore until they publish the changes20:12
rafaellagunaor correct the bugs (making old themes syntax compatible)20:13
phillwrafaellaguna: have you raised a bug against the packages?20:13
rafaellagunain the meantime we can go to Adwaita style, but imagine what means this for a designer like me20:13
phillwcan you do so. you are best placed to explain the bug.20:14
rafaellagunaI need to collect some info from Unico and GTK before submitting a bug20:14
skaetif there is a fix ready for this,   please ping me in the #ubuntu-release channel (or NCommander,Riddell) and we'll trigger respins for you.   Do you want to revert back to the prior version of the artwork for beta 1?20:14
rafaellagunabut I'll do, and I'll contact with Andrea Cimitan20:14
rafaellagunaskaet: the problem is not the theme, I have it working on Oneiric, even with the last modifications20:14
phillwrafaellaguna: I assure you, that to the limit of politeness I used as strong phrases as I could to explain our feelings on having 7 days of ISO testing stopped, the additional work dropped on you with no prior warning etc.20:15
skaetrafaellaguna, ok.20:15
rafaellagunaphillw: that's no problem, we're here for that20:15
rafaellagunaskaet: and obvioulsy they cannot revert to prior versions on GTK20:16
rafaellagunaphillw: I'm sure about that :D20:16
phillwrafaellaguna: well, it is a monumental fail, such a regression should not have gotten through. It did, now a solution has to be found.20:17
rafaellagunaI think the best thing we can do is, for the beta launch, switch to a more compatible theme20:18
phillw#action rafaellaguna raise bug for GTK and Unico20:18
meetingologyACTION: rafaellaguna raise bug for GTK and Unico20:18
rafaellagunaI hate it, but we need to read the screen :|20:18
phillwrafaellaguna: sadly, yes.20:18
michael_rawsonvery sad considering the work gone into the theme.20:19
phillwrafaellaguna: any ideas on how long it will take to get a working prototype up and running?20:19
rafaellagunayes :(20:19
rafaellagunaphillw: as Adwaita engine has changed too (more annoyances) I'll need a few days to study the new syntax20:20
phillwokies rafaellaguna20:20
phillwand just for our logs.. a quick copy - paste20:20
phillw(17:19:01) phillw: IMHO, it was an epic fail via QA for this to happen. We had no warning nor information. Just black screens.20:20
phillw(17:20:20) balloons: alrighty. good luck, I'm looking at the screenshot of the issue20:20
phillw(17:20:34) balloons: thata's no fun.. and very vague as to what could be the issue20:20
phillw(17:20:37) phillw: so, the request is - is there any way to stop this in thre future?20:20
phillw(17:20:38) balloons: glad you isolated it20:20
phillw(17:20:55) anjar_95 [~anders@3.79-160-53.customer.lyse.net] entered the room.20:20
phillw(17:21:02) phillw: our graphics guy is proud of his work and was gutted over it :(20:20
phillw(17:21:13) balloons: :-( that's no good at all20:20
rafaellagunabut I already started to tweak Adwaita on my system, so I hope release a new theme in 3 or 4 days20:20
rafaellagunais it too late?20:20
phillwrafaellaguna: it will not have to be.20:21
rafaellagunaoh, btw, I have fresh news (1 min ago) that OpenSuse is habing the sme problem20:22
phillwrafaellaguna: I've just asked balloons to join20:22
balloonsso, you know the issue, and the cause of the issue.. canyou link the bug again phillw ?20:22
phillwrafaellaguna: I know it is repeating, but can you let balloons kniow what you're going to ned20:22
rafaellagunaof course20:22
rafaellagunahim balloons20:23
phillwbug 93847220:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 938472 in lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu) "dialogs are barely readable-- grey on black????" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93847220:23
rafaellagunayep, but that bug should be redirected, lubuntu-artwork has not the problem20:23
phillwrafaellaguna: that can be done :) I know it is not your fault. You were the one who found the problem from a messy bug report.20:24
rafaellagunaI insist (for balloons :D) it's a "but" on GTK / Unico engine that makes old syntax incompatible, so it result in some black drawings20:24
rafaellagunasincerely, I see my faults inmediatly when designing,  also that's frankbooth who first checks every piece I design20:25
phillwballoons: rafaellaguna reckons 3 - 4 days before he has even a 'basic' theme going. In the meantime, the clock on testing is stuck & we end up with all that work trashed and a horrible desktop for a full member of the ubuntu familiy. It's not really acceptable?20:26
rafaellagunaanother thing, this bug makes Opera browser unsuable (it really quits the program), so they are really nervous and yuo know what's happening with Ubuntu confiability20:26
moergaesI think everybody gets the point. No need to rub it in.20:27
phillwthis looks like a fairly critical bug?20:27
rafaellagunaphillw: you can use the temporary theme I sent Julien while I'm working20:27
phillwmoergaes: au contraire.... the more information, the better.20:27
* balloons is reading the bug20:28
phillwskaet: can you get that theme re-spun into the isos so we can at least re-start testing?20:28
skaetphillw,  upload it,  I'll shepherd it through and respin for you after it builds/lands.20:29
StephenSmallyI don't want to be unencouraging, but we can also pick up a simple gtk2/3 theme from gnome-look or something if we haven't time20:30
phillwrafaellaguna: can you make it available for skaet please? We really do need to have 'something' for testing. I know you hate it,20:30
balloonsphillw, rafaellaguna I agree.. something basic.. this isn't the final shipping version, so no worries on the basic theme20:30
skaetAfter all the bits are in the archive,  its less than an hour to images.20:30
phillwStephenSmally: I think most of those are also borked, rafaellaguna can confirm.20:30
rafaellagunastephen, the GTK2 part is working fine, it's just the GTK3 one. And the desktop uses in a 75% GTK2, so we can still use the lubuntu theme20:31
rafaellagunaskaet: how can I send you the temporary theme?20:31
balloonsi haven't been following lxde closely enough.. I know xfce is swapping next version to gtk3.. is lxde?20:31
rafaellagunaballoons: yes, we're moving to GTK320:32
balloonsok, and is that move happening this cycle?20:32
michael_rawsonI think it's a gradual process.20:32
rafaellagunano, there're too many dis-integrated apps, so we cannot do this in one shot20:32
skaetrafaellaguna, we'll need to get a lubuntu developer to package it,  then I can help once he uploads to archive.  (gilir?)20:32
StephenSmallyis real slow, since the main part are blockec (libfm->pcmanfm)20:32
rafaellagunaskaet: I can make a new branch on lubuntu team20:33
StephenSmallylxpanel is being rewrited in gtk3, so...20:33
balloonsthanks.. got it.. So yea, I think this is part of those migration pains.. The good news is gtk3 is nicer and lets you do more things. you just gotta get there.. patience is a virtue here.. slow and steady20:33
skaetgilir, ^ can you help get the branch up to the archive.20:33
phillwhopefully he will be available later.20:34
phillwskaet: he usually chairs the meetings :)20:34
rafaellagunaI like current chairman :)20:34
rafaellagunathe usual procedure is packaging into my branch, then gilir can copy to archive20:35
skaetphillw,  :)  okie.    I'll make sure to check in #ubuntu-release channel for a ping from him (or another developer able to do the upload) ever hour or so this evening.20:35
phillwso, rafaellaguna can you wait to pounce on Julian and get the temp theme up so the re-spins can happen a.s.a.p.?20:35
phillwhyperair: ping... Well, I can always hope :)20:36
hyperairphillw: ?20:36
phillwhyperair: can you get the temp theme uploaded>?20:36
hyperairtemp theme?20:36
phillwhyperair: there was a change to GTK Unico which broke lubuntu theme, rafaellaguna has a temp fix, but needs a dev to get it uploaded so the iso's can be respun20:37
phillwJulien is afk, and you are the only fully MOTU for lubuntu I know :)20:39
hyperairokay, got a link?20:39
rafaellagunawant one?20:39
hyperairyes please20:39
phillw+only other20:39
rafaellagunahyperair: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/133108/lubuntu3b.tar.gz20:39
hyperairer hang on, what source package is this?20:40
hyperairi was kinda expecting a .dsc..20:40
rafaellagunahyperair: it's just Adwaita standard for the GTK3 part, leaving GTK2 intact20:40
rafaellagunahyperair: I thought you wanted the theme20:40
rafaellagunaif you want the source branch I need a bit more time (tomorrow)20:40
hyperairwell you need me to upload something into the ubuntu archive...20:41
hyperairand i can only upload source packages20:41
hyperairso where's the source package?20:41
rafaellagunaok, let's do it via Launchpad20:41
StephenSmallywell, i think you should create a new branch and put the pkg in the lubuntu ppa20:41
hyperairtbh, i'm bzr-averse20:42
hyperairi'll gladly take a patch20:42
rafaellagunaok, I need to leave20:44
phillwokies rafaellaguna20:44
rafaellagunaso, tomorrow I'll push a new temp branch on lubuntu artwork team20:45
phillwthanks rafaellaguna20:45
rafaellagunanew information arrived just now about the solution, iI'll work on it during the day and hope it work20:45
rafaellagunaconfirmed: it seems an error  on GTK modules translating HEX colour codes20:46
rafaellagunait's already declared on bugzilla, and Gnome boys are aware of that20:46
rafaellagunasee you tomorrow, guys :)20:47
phillwwell, the rest of the meeting should be fairly quick..... the only other QA issue was it seems the lubuntu-ppc version is not installing on G3 Macs, but this is held up slightly as we are missing the ability to test stuff.20:47
rafaellagunabye all20:48
phillwUnit193: anything to report on IRC?20:48
* david_j_r Lubuntu punter thanks rafaellaguna for perseving.20:48
Unit193Might be, but can't think of anything except the reminder of the upcoming session.20:48
phillwthere's nothing really of note from comms or support20:49
moergaesWell, I have something20:49
moergaesI believe that the new web site is getting ready to launch.20:49
phillwmoergaes: the floor is yours20:50
moergaesIt is on www.whiteboar.info20:50
moergaesJust need some minor work on the themes.20:50
moergaesShouldn't take long,20:50
phillwI've seen it, it looks impressive (even though it does not render on Chrome)20:50
moergaesThat surprises me.20:50
moergaesWorks in Chromium.20:51
StephenSmallyseems good20:51
phillwIt's just one of logos' that has a problem, works fine in FFox, and I'm using an older Chrome.20:51
Unit193Anything I test will be in FF1220:51
michael_rawsonworks fine in chrome for me.20:52
moergaesPlease give it a spin, everybody.20:52
moergaes(not necessarily now)20:52
phillwmichael_rawson: I'm on 7.0.517.4420:52
phillwokies, thanks to the team who have taken a 'would like to get done' to actually getting it done!20:53
StephenSmallymoergaes: the pic in "Using" should be updated20:53
moergaesPhill, are you the one managing the web hotel?20:53
michael_rawsonphillw - say what? IP address?20:53
david_j_rwas just going to make that point about the picture too20:53
moergaesThanks, noted.20:53
phillwChris is not about, I'm still working on getting a deffinitative answer on the use of the tags for the older duplicates and triplicates of wiki support pages.20:54
moergaesphillw: Thanks for that :-)20:54
phillwHopefully it will be 2 minutes on QA next week and the rest of time for everything else.20:55
StephenSmallyJust another thing, wouldn't be better if the left pane was really on left? i mean, completely on the left?20:55
moergaesWe can always make small adjustments.20:55
phillwAs julien is not about, does any dev have anything to update us on the dev side of things?20:55
phillw#topic any other business20:56
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | lubuntu meeting Meeting | Current topic: any other business
phillwany one got something to add?20:56
phillwokies, thanks to everyone who attended (and thanks to balloons for popping in).20:58
phillw#topic next meeting20:58
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | lubuntu meeting Meeting | Current topic: next meeting
balloonsyvw phillw20:58
phillwnext meeting 20:00 UTC #ubuntu-meeting 7th March 201220:58
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb 29 20:58:57 2012 UTC.20:58
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-20.00.moin.txt20:58
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-20.00.html20:58
michael_rawsonthanks phillw!20:59
s-foxwho is in here next? is this room free?20:59
phillws-fox: afaik, no one is after lubuntu20:59
phillwwe sometimes spill over.20:59
s-foxokay phillw, the forum coucil are about to have a meeting :-)21:00
s-foxPing coffeecat , Iowan, cariboo907, Merk42, nothingspecial, hobgoblin, moergaes21:01
s-foxand of course bodhizazen21:01
moergaesmörgæs o/21:01
s-foxbodhizazen you want me to chair? i'm all set here21:01
phillws-fox: my apologies, I've just noticed that we had not booked our usual slot :(21:01
Merk42o/ I guess?21:01
bodhizazens-fox: you going to chair ?21:02
s-foxCan do21:02
phillwbtw phillw waves to s-fox ltns21:02
bodhizazenUp to you, I assume you know how to use the bot ?21:02
phillwbodhizazen: ho boss :)21:02
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb 29 21:02:29 2012 UTC.  The chair is s-fox. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.21:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired21:02
s-fox[TOPIC] FC Members - division of labor21:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: FC Members - division of labor
s-foxI think bodhizazen wants to rotate it21:03
bodhizazen+1 to rotation21:03
s-foxAnything more than that bodhizazen?21:03
bodhizazenIdentify who will do what next month21:04
s-foxSo, who wants to do the mailing list this month? I did it last month21:04
IowanI will!21:04
bodhizazenOK, who wants to send the welcome message to new users ?21:04
s-fox[ACTION] Mailing list = Iowan21:04
meetingologyACTION: Mailing list = Iowan21:04
bodhizazenAnd who will do the team report this month ?21:05
s-foxI'll do the welcome message21:05
cariboo907I'll do the message to new members21:05
cariboo907to late :)21:05
bodhizazenI will help you learn team reports, but I would like to rotate it21:05
s-foxIf you want it go ahead cariboo90721:05
IowanI'm still looking for pattern/uide for reports21:05
cariboo907OK, thanks s-fox21:05
s-fox[ACTION] Welcome message = cariboo90721:06
meetingologyACTION: Welcome message = cariboo90721:06
bodhizazenIowan: It is very easy21:06
IowanEasy if you know how/what...21:06
s-foxI'll help with the report if anyone wants21:06
IowanI keep fighting with Wiki login.21:06
s-foxDone it before21:06
s-foxIowan me and you do it?21:06
bodhizazenIowan: there is a template, we can show you later21:06
IowanWorks for me.21:07
cariboo907Is tere a template for the welcome message too?21:07
s-fox[ACTION] Forum report = Iowan and s-fox21:07
meetingologyACTION: Forum report = Iowan and s-fox21:07
bodhizazenI will do Ubuntu membership this month21:07
s-foxcariboo907 all you need do is change the send from field. dead easy21:07
s-foxyou just tend to see some spam replies cariboo90721:07
IowanThen await the spam replies???21:08
* Iowan slow again21:08
cariboo907I've been dealing with some on the mailing list too21:08
bodhizazenspam replies have fallen off =)21:08
s-foxWould we all be prepared to agree we all 'muck in' with the rc, even though it is fairly quiet these days ?21:09
IowanI try...21:09
coffeecatOK here.21:09
s-foxWe're averaging about 3 days between complaints, which isn't bad for a forum with 1.5 million members....21:10
cariboo907I guess we just aren't trying hard enough :)21:10
s-fox[ACTION] RC = Everyone21:10
meetingologyACTION: RC = Everyone21:10
bodhizazenIt is the 3 strikes / anti trolling policy, it has paid off in spades21:10
s-foxAs an FYI to the rest of the council, I am now bug supervisor thingy on launchpad for the council21:11
IowanIf it starts going unnoticed, we can assing/volunteer someone.21:11
bodhizazen+1 Iowan21:11
s-fox+1 Iowan21:11
s-foxAny other duties I've missed?21:12
s-foxIP bans?21:12
bodhizazenWatch staff thread - Stuff that needs an admin ASAP21:12
s-foxWho fancies monitoring the admin thread ?21:12
* coffeecat will21:12
s-fox[ACTION] Admini thread = coffeecat21:13
meetingologyACTION: Admini thread = coffeecat21:13
IowanThanks to all for inserting the IP bans in numerical order...21:13
nothingspecialIowan,  ?21:14
bodhizazenIowan: If it gets messy - I sort them in a terminal =)21:14
cariboo907I think the database does that, cause I just added them to the bottom of the list21:14
IowanI'm not yet that advanced21:14
s-foxNew topic time21:14
IowanThey got moved cuz I moved 'em21:14
s-fox[TOPIC] UF Banner community21:14
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: UF Banner community
michael_rawsonHi, that's me.21:15
michael_rawsonI was told on this:21:15
michael_rawsonthread to put that here.21:15
* bodhizazen looks21:15
s-foxHello overdrank :)21:15
s-foxmichael_rawson, okay please explain why we should change it periodically :)21:16
bodhizazenI think it is a good idea, but I do not know how easy (or hard) it will be21:16
michael_rawsonOkay, I thought it would be a bit of fun for the community, for special events, and to give the forum a bit of a change every so often.21:16
bodhizazenOnce the forums are upgraded there is a ton of stuff like that to be done21:17
nothingspecialI agree21:17
* bodhizazen changes the banner to gentoo21:17
s-foxWe do have another upgrade coming soon.21:17
michael_rawsonWell, I guess only as difficult as an admin with upload rights...but okay, wait until forums upgrade. Hehe, bodhi.21:17
michael_rawsonokay, that's me until forums upgrade. Thanks for having me!21:17
s-foxI think having special milestone banner would be good :)21:18
michael_rawsonthank you, s-fox.21:18
s-foxAs a compromise, what if we agree that if it is easy to do then we should. For example we should hit 2m members later this year21:18
s-foxThoughts from the forum staff ?21:19
coffeecatThere's 1st April as well!21:19
IowanPivit point will be difficulty - and who can do it.21:19
moergaesSounds like a good idea.21:19
nothingspecialPersonally, I would go further than that21:19
Merk42Well April 1st it'll be a Windows 8 banner21:19
s-foxWe could get in bother for that Merk4221:20
hobgoblinI like the idea21:20
bodhizazenmichael_rawson: Although we are admins on the forums, we do not have full access to the server21:20
moergaesJust not change is as often as Google.21:20
IowanWindows 9?21:20
coffeecatWindows 95? :/21:20
s-foxbodhizazen we could speak with  the community council, sort of thing they might like to see21:21
michael_rawsonof course. Although *somebody* must have an ssh password.21:21
hobgoblinmoergaes: anything other than every other day then21:21
s-foxIt doesn't hurt to ask. I can get in touch with rt if needed21:21
s-fox[VOTE] If community council agree, periodically update forum banner for special occasions21:22
meetingologyPlease vote on: If community council agree, periodically update forum banner for special occasions21:22
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)21:22
meetingology+1 received from Iowan21:22
meetingology+1 received from s-fox21:22
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-bbl
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat21:22
meetingology+0 received from overdrank21:22
meetingology+1 received from cariboo90721:22
meetingology+1 received from Merk4221:22
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen21:22
meetingology+1 received from moergaes21:22
s-foxoverdrank vote ;)21:23
hobgoblinoverdrank did21:23
michael_rawsonWow, thanks folks.21:23
bodhizazens-fox: overdrank+021:23
IowanHe did21:23
s-foxoh wait, i see21:23
s-fox[END VOTE]21:23
meetingologyVoting ended on: If community council agree, periodically update forum banner for special occasions21:23
meetingologyVotes for:7 Votes against:0 Abstentions:121:23
meetingologyMotion carried21:23
s-foxSyntax is everything21:24
s-foxWho wants to contact the cc ?21:24
nothingspecialcongrats michael_rawson  :)21:24
s-foxbodhizazen overdrank?21:24
bodhizazenPersonally I would wait for upgrade, ask TV how easy / hard it will be, if hard -> rt with canonical21:25
s-foxOkay, that sounds like a plan to me.21:25
michael_rawsonquestion: is there  a schedule for forum upgrades?21:26
s-fox[ACTION] Pick this up after upgrade21:26
meetingologyACTION: Pick this up after upgrade21:26
bodhizazenmichael_rawson: Yes, upgrade is due to be complete no later then 7/1/200021:26
Iowanwhich year?21:26
s-foxmichael_rawson we have another upgrade soon :-)  we had one during the week21:26
bodhizazenand yes, that date is correct21:26
michael_rawsonbodhizazen: Okay, I get the point. :D21:26
=== medberry is now known as med_
bodhizazenmichael_rawson: It is a big database and we want a smooth transition, our inbox was filled with bug reports over the weekend, so it is in progress, but somewhat unpredictable21:27
s-fox[TOPIC] Custom BBCodes21:27
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Custom BBCodes
michael_rawsonyup, appreciate what you're doing.21:27
s-foxcoffeecat, you're up21:27
coffeecatNot much to add to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1925310 OK to go ahead?21:27
Iowanthat pretty much sez it21:28
s-foxLooks good, wait until after upgrade21:28
coffeecatI'm happy to wait until after upgrade.21:29
s-fox[ACTION] Custom BBCodes after upgrade21:29
meetingologyACTION: Custom BBCodes after upgrade21:29
s-fox[TOPIC] Outstanding Ubuntu Memberships (2)21:30
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Outstanding Ubuntu Memberships (2)
nothingspecial+1 to both21:30
s-foxI think we all voted in the staff thread. I think we just need to formalise it21:30
bodhizazenJust two ?21:30
coffeecatJust two.21:30
bodhizazenThat is just sad21:30
coffeecatlechien73 and josephmills.21:30
moergaesHow many members do we have in total?21:31
s-foxIsn' the subforum closed at the minute to new requests ?21:31
coffeecatI don't think so.21:31
nothingspecialI think21:31
IowanThought there were some apps that hadn't been processed21:32
coffeecatNo - and I changed the wiki page to read rolling applications.21:32
s-foxOkay, well either way we need to formalise the voting.21:32
hobgoblinmoergaes: there are 48 members via forum it seems21:32
s-fox[VOTE] lechien73 for ubuntu membership21:32
meetingologyPlease vote on: lechien73 for ubuntu membership21:32
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)21:32
meetingology+1 received from s-fox21:32
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat21:32
meetingology+1 received from Merk4221:32
meetingology+1 received from overdrank21:32
meetingology+1 received from cariboo90721:32
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen21:32
meetingology+0 received from Iowan21:32
meetingologyVoting ended on: lechien73 for ubuntu membership21:33
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:121:33
meetingologyMotion carried21:33
IowanJust unfamiliar...21:33
s-fox[VOTE] josephmills for ubuntu membership21:33
meetingologyPlease vote on: josephmills for ubuntu membership21:33
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)21:33
meetingology+1 received from overdrank21:34
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat21:34
meetingology+1 received from cariboo90721:34
meetingology+1 received from Merk4221:34
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen21:34
meetingology+1 received from s-fox21:34
meetingologyVoting ended on: josephmills for ubuntu membership21:35
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:021:35
meetingologyMotion carried21:35
s-foxWho wants to sort launchpad / bean images out ?21:35
bodhizazenI will add those two in, probably in a day or two21:35
s-fox[ACTION] bodhizazen to sort new ubuntu  members out21:36
meetingologyACTION: bodhizazen to sort new ubuntu  members out21:36
s-fox[TOPIC] Reverse mjp29 ban21:36
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Reverse mjp29 ban
bodhizazenUnless someone else wants to learn the ropes, in which case I will help21:36
bodhizazenis mjp29 here ?21:36
s-foxIowan ?21:36
IowanI didn't think to send an invite.21:37
s-foxWas it a ban in error, or user contesting the ban?21:37
bodhizazenIf mjp29 signs (gpg) the Ubuntu Code of Conduct I would allow him back on a trial basis21:37
IowanUser sent mail to list21:37
IowanThat was back in 200921:37
s-fox :o21:38
IowanNasty reply - I'd rather be banned f... forever than be censored.21:38
IowanI was looking for page when I noticed time21:38
s-foxOkay, I'd go with that. Personally I would leave banned after that kind of reply.21:39
bodhizazenThe user was trolling on the forums and requested a ban, lol21:39
overdrankSince I was involved +021:39
IowanSeems to have had change of heart - but wondered WHY he'd been banned.21:39
s-foxDo we have a link to the infraction thread ?21:39
coffeecatSounds slightly disingenuous to wonder why21:39
IowanI'd thiink he would remember a statement like that.21:40
IowanWe did. I was looking for it.21:40
s-foxThanks overdrank :)21:40
coffeecatThat thread explains the 2 points but not the burnt beans.21:41
overdrankFurther down, I believe it was a private message to kiwi or I21:42
IowanAs KiwiNZ put it - sounded like a request21:42
s-foxseem kiwi granted a wish21:42
IowanWould it be pudent to invite him to next meting?21:42
s-foxWe could unburn, but leave user on strike 221:42
s-fox+1 invite21:43
bodhizazenPeople change, but I would still insist on a gpg signed CoC =)21:43
s-foxWe can tell him that at the next meeting bodhizazen21:43
coffeecatAgree with bodhizazen  about gpg signing.21:43
bodhizazenNaw, just send a response and be done with it21:43
bodhizazenThis can be managed via email21:43
s-fox[VOTE] Allow back on basis of gpg signed coc21:44
meetingologyPlease vote on: Allow back on basis of gpg signed coc21:44
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)21:44
meetingology-1 received from cariboo90721:44
meetingology+0 received from s-fox21:44
meetingology+0 received from Merk4221:44
meetingology+0 received from overdrank21:44
meetingology+0 received from Iowan21:44
meetingology+0 received from coffeecat21:44
meetingology+1 received from bodhizazen21:44
meetingologyVoting ended on: Allow back on basis of gpg signed coc21:45
meetingologyVotes for:1 Votes against:1 Abstentions:521:45
meetingologyDeadlock, casting vote may be used21:45
IowanAI get to decide21:45
s-fox+1 AI21:45
s-foxBut will that change anything?21:46
s-foxEven if AI +1s majority are still +021:46
IowanNt with a +021:46
bodhizazen+0 means go with AI =)21:46
s-fox[ACTION] Leave it  up to AI to decide21:47
meetingologyACTION: Leave it  up to AI to decide21:47
IowanMetingology would have 2 -1 = passed21:47
s-foxOkay,think that is it \o/21:48
overdrankThanks s-fox21:48
* cariboo907 says thanks too21:49
s-foxWe still need a formal chair for fc21:49
overdrankme +1 for bodhizazen21:49
cariboo907+1 for s-fox21:49
s-foxI do not mind chairing, it's fun21:49
s-foxbodhizazen ?21:50
bodhizazenco-chair ? chair and vice-chair ?21:50
overdrankwoohoo that works21:50
s-foxOur intention is to alternate the meeting times. some are going to  be better for me , some are going to be better for you21:50
s-foxWhoever it works best for on the day can be the chair21:51
cariboo907+1 for what bodhizazen  said21:51
nothingspecial+1 split21:51
Iowan+1 co-chair21:51
s-foxFor example, I missed start of last meeting because it was at 05:00 am for me21:51
bodhizazenIn the "good old days" there was always 2 - matthew and UG, and IMO that was best, more balanced, less dictatorial21:52
s-fox[VOTE] bodhizazen and s-fox to co-chair21:52
meetingologyPlease vote on: bodhizazen and s-fox to co-chair21:52
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)21:52
meetingology+1 received from s-fox21:52
meetingology+1 received from cariboo90721:52
meetingology+1 received from overdrank21:52
meetingology+1 received from coffeecat21:52
meetingology+1 received from Merk4221:52
meetingology+1 received from Iowan21:52
meetingologyVoting ended on: bodhizazen and s-fox to co-chair21:53
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:021:53
meetingologyMotion carried21:53
s-foxThank you21:53
s-foxsorry bodhizazen21:53
bodhizazenThat was the fastest vote in the west21:53
s-foxOkay, i think we are done....21:53
IowanI will continue emailing  mjp29 - if he refuses CoC, decision becomes easier.21:53
s-foxanything else ?21:54
overdrankNo good day all21:54
bodhizazenI think that is a great idea Iowan21:54
s-fox+1 Iowan21:54
bodhizazenUpdate on forums upgrade ?21:54
s-foxOkay, ending the  meeting.21:54
s-foxbodhizazen It is in scc21:55
s-foxThank you all for coming, great turnout21:55
bodhizazenYea, but I was thinking a public update, ie minutes of this meeting, up to you21:55
michael_rawsons-fox "scc"?21:55
bodhizazenJust don't tell them about the super secret server =)21:55
bodhizazendoh -)21:56
s-foxmichael_rawson staff discussion area away from prying eyes ;)21:56
michael_rawsonkk. ;) I didn't hear that.21:56
IowanSCC=Steering Column Cover  at work...21:57
s-foxOkay, to the room in general: The upgrade is happening soon, though we don't have an exact timeframe21:57
s-foxRight, ending the  meeting...21:57
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb 29 21:57:53 2012 UTC.21:57
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-21.02.moin.txt21:57
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-29-21.02.html21:57
coffeecatThanks s-fox21:58
s-foxWith 1 min to spare because am epic21:58
IowanIt's snowing outside21:58
michael_rawsonyou're all epic. Thanks for having me guys. bye!21:58
s-foxIt's dark outside....21:58
bodhizazenthanks all21:58
moergaesThanks for now. Bye!21:59
s-foxThank you all for coming21:59
s-foxbodhizazen can you copy the meeting links? my tablet is playing up22:00
s-foxManaged to grab it,  nvm bodhizazen =)22:01
bodhizazenOK, thanks22:02

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!