cyphermoxwelcome all; we're just about ready to start I think00:00
* vibhav hands everybody popcorn00:00
* hggdh waits for bladernr_ presentation00:00
cyphermoxwendar: hey. wow, I thought you already had membership.00:01
ajmitchchrisccoulson: that's what I thought as well00:01
cyphermoxajmitch: oops?00:01
ajmitchbah, s/chriscoulson/cyphermox/00:01
ajmitchyeah, oops00:01
wendarcyphermox: :)00:01
chrisccoulsonajmitch, YOU WOKE ME UP!!!!!!!!00:02
ajmitchneed more caffeine, I was here to support wendar's application :)00:02
ajmitchchrisccoulson: like you ever sleep :)00:02
vibhavI need coffee too00:03
* bladernr_ waves00:04
jrgiffordajmitch: you're a horrible person for waking up someone. ;)00:04
ajmitchjrgifford: I know00:04
PendulumSorry, we're just having an administrative moment ;-)00:05
meetingologyMeeting started Fri Mar 16 00:05:24 2012 UTC.  The chair is Pendulum. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.00:05
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired00:05
Pendulum#voters pleia2 greg-g Pendulum beuno cyphermox00:06
meetingologyCurrent voters: Pendulum beuno cyphermox greg-g pleia200:06
PendulumHello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the Americas meeting for March 15, 2012. The wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/Americas00:06
PendulumWe will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.00:06
PendulumThe format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).00:06
PendulumEach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.00:06
PendulumDuring this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.00:06
PendulumWhen the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers is positive, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)00:07
PendulumNow, with any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...00:07
PendulumIt looks like caravena isn't here00:07
Pendulumbladernr_: are you here?00:07
bladernr_Hi :)00:08
* hggdh cheers for bladernr_00:08
Pendulum#topic Application of bladernr_ for Membership00:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Application of bladernr_ for Membership
greg-gplease introduce yourself :)00:08
bladernr_Hi, I'm Jeff.  I've been a linux user since the mid-90s, and ubuntu since 8.04.  I currently do a lot of filing, triaging and resolving bugs that involve Checkbox and subsequently the Ubuntu Friendly program.  I'm also one of the Checkbox developers and write patches and test scripts for that. I focus a lot on testing Ubuntu on server hardware and writing test cases for servers.  I've led several sessions and UDS over00:08
bladernr_the last couple years relating to certificaiton and server interests.  I also like to help out with QA, especially with ISO testing, filing bugs related to that effort and trying to make Ubuntu better for users.  I try to view things from the viewpoint of the first time Linux user when I test.  I tend to stick more to mailing lists than forums just because keeping up with forums can quickly get out of control! I  previ00:08
bladernr_ously taught Intro to Linux at the local Community College as a way to give back to the community, and I always gave my students Ubuntu CDs to use.o/ I'm also a Ham and a member of Ubuntu Hams and doing testing and such with Ubuntu on ARM.00:08
bladernr_Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeffLaneyes00:08
pleia2"That Guy Who Forced a Respin of Lucid on Release Day" hah! :D00:08
bladernr_that should have been https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeffLane sorry for the borked link00:09
* hggdh remembers this episode00:09
pleia2this past weekend I did my first iso testing *and* bought a laptop partially based off a good score on Ubuntu Friendly :)00:09
bladernr_I like community review sites like that.  I used to live off linux-laptops.net when it was regularly updated.00:10
bladernr_I'm glad people find UF useful00:10
* skaet appreciates his ISO testing work too. :)00:11
bladernr_skaet, thanks :) it's fun... I like breaking things00:11
pleia2thanks for having such a thorough wiki page!00:11
pleia2I don't really have any questions00:11
greg-gme neither, good wiki page :)00:12
greg-gtook me a while to scan it all :)00:12
bladernr_Thangs pleia2, greg-g I usually worry about being too verbose00:12
bladernr_I tend to be set on -vvv00:12
greg-gbladernr_: I'm a fan of verbose, I was an Anthropology undergrad ;)00:12
greg-g(which means I read way too many overly verbose explanations of things)00:12
Pendulumokay, I think we're ready to vote now00:13
Pendulum#voters elky greg-g pleia2 Pendulum cyphermox00:14
meetingologyCurrent voters: Pendulum beuno cyphermox elky greg-g pleia200:14
Pendulumpleia2: haven't started the vote yet :P00:14
Pendulum#vote Vote on Membership for Jeff Lane00:14
meetingologyPlease vote on: Vote on Membership for Jeff Lane00:14
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)00:14
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum00:14
meetingology+1 received from greg-g00:14
meetingology+1 received from elky00:14
elkyooh i wonder what pleia2 will choose00:15
meetingology+1 received from pleia200:15
pleia2I got excited00:15
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox00:15
meetingologyVoting ended on: Vote on Membership for Jeff Lane00:15
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:000:15
meetingologyMotion carried00:15
PendulumCongratulations bladernr_!00:16
hggdhGO bladernr_ !!!00:16
bladernr_woot!  Thanks everyone! I don't remember being this nervous, at least not in a long time00:16
cyphermoxbladernr_: there was no reason for it :)00:16
cyphermoxbladernr_: don't forget to add your blog to planet if you have one :)00:16
Pendulumokay, moving on since we have quite a few applicants00:17
pleia2welcome bladernr_ :)00:17
PendulumIt looks like fitoschido isn't here00:17
Pendulumskellat: are you here?00:17
Pendulum#topic Stephen Kellat for Membership00:17
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Stephen Kellat for Membership
jrgiffordYAY SKELLAT! :D00:17
skellatHello, my name is Stephen Michael Kellat and I am the Head Writer at Erie Looking Productions.00:17
skellatI produce the weekly podcast for the Ohio LoCo and try to serve as a resource within the LoCo for experience with more exotic architectures like the SheevaPlug and BeagleBoard.00:17
skellatI am also fairly active on my LoCo's e-mail list and have not had luck with efforts to reinvigorate our forum presence.00:18
jrgiffordAnd he's a active Ohio LoCo guy. :)00:18
Unit193Harder for him as well since he's out in the middle of nowhere.00:18
pleia2skellat: ooh, can I lure you over to doing some Xubuntu ISO testing before our beta2? :)00:18
skellatpleia2: Quite possibly now that I've got a chip I can swap for the current one.  My BeagleBoard is on Xubuntu 11.10 as is.00:19
skellatUnit193: Ashtabula isn't the middle of nowhere.  It's just the extreme outer fringe geographically of the State of Ohio. :-)00:19
jrgiffordskellat, Unit193: Same difference ;)00:20
skellatjrgifford: What can I say?  We've got a big state and LoCo members who are very far flung throughout it.00:21
Unit193(Going off member placement map)00:21
greg-gskellat: just wondering why there aren't any testimonials on your wiki? I know Ohio is hard place for people, but.. ;)00:21
jrgiffordOH dangit, did I forget to write mine in?! crap.00:21
skellatgreg-g: jrgifford and unit193 chose to attend in-person tonight00:21
* greg-g nods00:21
Unit193Yes it did.00:21
Pendulumskellat: How often does the podcast come out? (there aren't dates on the episodes)00:22
skellatNormally weekly.  There was a death in the family Sunday and my day job had an all-night work event so there isn't an episode for the 12th.00:23
jrgiffordconsider my presence a testimonial please. :) He's been doing stuff in the loco, is active on the mailing list and is a friendly guy.00:23
greg-gthanks jrgifford :)00:23
skellatWhen paultag and I first set up the podcast posting form on the team's drupal site we didn't choose to go with dates but instead episode numbers.00:23
skellatUnlike Ubuntu UK's program, we don't have it divided into seasons00:23
* greg-g nods00:24
skellatPendulum: We've had multiple calls for feedback from around the state to air.  If I get it, it airs.  With everybody spread out so much it gets a bit hard planning out shows.00:25
* jokerdino joins the meeting, without much purpose and reason though.00:27
Pendulumokay, we're ready to vote00:29
Pendulum#vote Vote on Stephen Kellat for Membership00:29
meetingologyPlease vote on: Vote on Stephen Kellat for Membership00:29
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)00:29
meetingology+1 received from greg-g00:29
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum00:29
meetingology+1 received from elky00:30
meetingology+1 received from pleia200:30
pleia2phone :)00:30
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox00:31
meetingologyVoting ended on: Vote on Stephen Kellat for Membership00:31
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:000:31
meetingologyMotion carried00:31
jokerdinocongrats skellat !00:31
PendulumCongratulations and welcome, skellat!00:31
jrgiffordcongrats skellat !00:31
skellatI thank the board for their vote in favor tonight.00:31
Unit193Congrats, skellat!!00:31
skellatPendulum jrgifford Unit193 jokerdino Thank you for the congratulations00:31
PendulumNext up is wendar00:31
Pendulum#topic Allison Rnadal for Membership00:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Allison Rnadal for Membership
Pendulumwendar: please introduce yourself00:32
wendarHi, Allison here. I'm a C and dynamic language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc) developer. I've been involved in Ubuntu since 2005, and my first UDS was 2006 in Mountain View. I work on packaging, architecture, and healthy relations between volunteers, employees, upstreams, and downstreams.00:32
greg-gwendar: as a side note: Thanks for your cat herding with the Harmony Agreements drafting process :)00:33
Pendulumwendar: I apologize for misspelling your name in the topic just now.00:33
ajmitchit seems to be a common theme that people are surprised that wendar isn't a member already00:34
wendargreg-g: glad to help :)00:34
wendarPendulum: no worries00:34
greg-gwendar: I don't really have any substantial questions un/fortunately00:34
* stgraber waves and highly recommends a +1 for wendar 00:35
Pendulumwendar: What's your favourite thing to do outside of your tech work?00:35
* skaet waves and echoes stgraber's +1 ;)00:36
wendarPendulum: Hmmm... it's a toss up between watching English mysteries, baking gluten-free tasty treats, and astrophysics.00:36
* ajmitch has already put his +1 on the wiki :)00:36
elkyBaking and astrophysics. I think you just won The Internet.00:37
wendarelky: heh :)00:37
Pendulum#vote Vote on Allison Randal for Membership00:41
meetingologyPlease vote on: Vote on Allison Randal for Membership00:41
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)00:41
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum00:41
meetingology+1 received from greg-g00:41
meetingology+1 received from elky00:41
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox00:41
meetingologyVoting ended on: Vote on Allison Randal for Membership00:42
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:000:42
meetingologyMotion carried00:42
Pendulumwendar: Congratualtions and welcome!00:42
wendarthanks all! :)00:42
jokerdinocongrats wendar !00:42
cyphermoxcongrats wendar00:42
ajmitchwendar: congratulations00:42
* jokerdino goes off to grab something for breakfast.00:43
Pendulumvibhav: are you here?00:43
JoseeAntonioRCongratularions, wendar!00:43
skaetwendar, congratulations!  :)00:43
greg-gcongrats indeed!00:44
Pendulum#topic Membership for Vibhav Pant00:44
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Membership for Vibhav Pant
greg-g(and sorry for the delay)00:44
Pendulumvibhav: please introduce yourself00:44
vibhavHi everybody, I am Vibhav Pant, a 14 year old padwan living in Dehradun, India00:44
vibhavI have been using Ubuntu since 6.10, but got the hang of Ubuntu from 7.0400:45
stgraberwendar: congrats00:45
vibhavI have been translating Ubuntu to Hindi for the past 6 months and have recently started traanslation for en_GB00:45
vibhav(but thats simply cupy paste)00:45
vibhavI have collaborated with fellow Hindi Translators to start a translation Drive to rectify common translation errors and got massive response00:46
vibhavWe are also working on improving the Wiki page and creating a list of replacemnet words for Hindi00:47
vibhavWhich can be seen on my Wiki Page00:47
vibhavApart from Translation00:47
vibhavI fix small few bugs (typos and bugs fixed upstream but not brought into Ubuntu)00:48
vibhavI also work on "Needs Packaging" and RFP bugs in Ubuntu\Debian and often package software that seems interesting to me00:49
vibhavI have converted 6 friends to Ubuntu00:49
vibhavand 1 of them uses it exclusively00:49
pangolinIs this translation drive documented anywhere?00:49
vibhavMailing List00:49
pangolinCould you link to it please?00:50
vibhavlemme see00:51
elkyWell, en -> en translations are more than copy/paste. Trash/Garbage, Color/Colour, etc...00:51
vibhavI forgot to mention that though00:52
greg-ghmmm, that link doesn't work for me00:52
vibhavI also test pre-release ISOs on Ubuntu for Papercuts and bugs00:52
vibhavAnd try to fix them if they are easy00:53
vibhav^ are replacement words00:54
vibhavI am currently learning python, which I would use for Ubuntu Development sooner00:54
vibhavI am also working to be a MOTU00:54
cyphermoxvibhav: can you tell me more about what you've done for that?00:55
cyphermoxfor instance, who you've worked with, packages you've touched; very briefly, since we're not really here to give membership based on development work :)00:56
vibhavI know00:56
vibhavI have packaged shc, unity-lens-bliss and indicators which are waiting approval in Debian\REVU00:57
vibhavI am currently working on packaging ecere and sending it to Debian00:57
cyphermoxhave you worked with anybody on this so far or has it been mostly on your own?00:58
vibhavand tumbleweed00:58
vibhavBut I am focusing more on fixing bugs than translating softwareb :)00:59
vibhavI meant packaging software and not translating it01:01
pangolinvibhav, Why do you want to be an Ubuntu member?01:01
vibhavIt feels nice to be recognized memeber of the community01:01
Pendulumvibhav: While we recognize that you've done quite a bit of translations work, if you can wait a little longer, a few months maybe to build up your experience and community work, please come back then. And, of course, if you're planning on going for MOTU that may be a more appropriate path to membership.01:02
vibhavexperience in terms of?01:03
greg-gvibhav: if you have any questions about this, please feel free to email Ubuntu-membership-boards@lists.ubuntu.com01:03
elkyKnowing your limits is kind of important, too. Needing to keep a member banned from #ubuntu to stop them trying to give tech support is really not something we want to have to do.01:03
greg-gthat goes to all membership review board members for all regions, just fyi01:03
vibhavBut didn't I collaborate (As I was said to do earlier)?01:04
greg-gvibhav: thank you for listening to our advice, but we feel you should wait a while longer and work with people a little more closely. Again, if you have any questions, feel free to email us after the meeting01:05
Pendulumokay, moving on01:05
PendulumChrisGagnon: are you here?01:05
ChrisGagnonPendulum: hi01:05
pangolinvibhav, I am encouraged by your interest in packaging and bug fixing, you sought out the help of great people like dholbach and tumbleweed. i still believe you need to work longer. this is my personal opinion, but I do look forwrd to the day I can attend a meeting and give the board my +1 for your membership. Please keep up the good work.01:05
Pendulum#topic Chris Gagnon for Membership01:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Chris Gagnon for Membership
PendulumChrisGagnon: Please introduce yourself01:05
ChrisGagnonork for Canonical as a QA engineer in the mainstream group.01:06
ChrisGagnonI work for Canonical as a QA engineer in the mainstream group.01:06
ChrisGagnonStarted using Linux in 1998. My linux progression went from Redhat -> Mandrake -> Gentoo -> Ubuntu. I started using Kubuntu in 2006 and regular Ubuntu starting with 11.04, because I like unity-2d.01:06
ChrisGagnonIt's part of the professional services engineering group01:07
greg-gI just thought Ubuntu was already "mainstream" :)01:07
ChrisGagnonhah it is01:07
greg-gso, the only one in your loco's irc channel, eh?01:08
ChrisGagnonI don't know how they came up with the name01:08
ChrisGagnonright now, I have people drop by every now and then, but no one is on every day.01:08
* greg-g nods01:09
ChrisGagnonirc is not popular in NH I think01:09
greg-gis the NH team more active in other venues? (I hope) :)01:09
ChrisGagnonIt's been dead for a while and I am trying to revive it01:09
greg-gcool, thanks for doing that01:10
ChrisGagnonI had 8 people at the global jam last month01:10
ChrisGagnonI think I will have more during the precise release party.01:10
greg-gawesome, 8 ain't bad, really01:10
ChrisGagnonmy wiki link is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChrisGagnon01:11
Pendulumokay, I think we're ready to vote01:17
Pendulum#vote Chris Gagnon for Ubuntu Membership01:17
meetingologyPlease vote on: Chris Gagnon for Ubuntu Membership01:17
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)01:17
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum01:17
meetingology+1 received from greg-g01:17
meetingology+1 received from elky01:17
elkyand i have to go, bye01:18
greg-gWe're waiting for one other board member to vote, but they wen't AFK for a minute01:18
greg-gUnfortunately, that means this is the end of the meeting, sorry utlemming01:18
greg-g"wen't"? I must be hungry.01:19
* jokerdino is back01:19
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox01:19
meetingologyVoting ended on: Chris Gagnon for Ubuntu Membership01:19
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:001:19
meetingologyMotion carried01:19
PendulumChrisGagnon: Congratulations and Welcome!01:20
greg-gcongrats ChrisGagnon !01:20
jokerdinocongrats ChrisGagnon01:20
cyphermoxmy sincerest apologies to everyone for dragging this on01:20
utlemminggreg-g: ack01:21
Pendulumutlemming: We're verry sorry that we can't get to your application tonight, unfortunately you happened to be at a meeting with quite a few applicants01:21
Pendulum#end meeting01:21
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Fri Mar 16 01:21:41 2012 UTC.01:21
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-03-16-00.05.moin.txt01:21
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-03-16-00.05.html01:21
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk
=== JackyAlcine_ is now known as jalcine
=== jalcine_ is now known as JackyAlcine
=== JackyAlcine is now known as jalcine
=== jalcine is now known as JackyAlcine
=== JackyAlcine is now known as jalcine
=== jalcine is now known as JackyAlcine
=== JackyAlcine is now known as jalcine
=== jalcine is now known as webjadmin_
=== webjadmin_ is now known as jalcine
=== fenris is now known as Guest98977
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== fenris is now known as Guest77154
=== Cracknel_ is now known as Guest10750
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk
=== bladernr_afk is now known as bladernr_
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
* skaet waves14:57
skaethiya ScottK.  :)14:57
skaetgood to see you brendand,  mdeslaur  :)14:58
mdeslaurhi skaet14:58
* skaet hoping we get quorum at 1500 ;)14:59
* pitti waves hello14:59
* stgraber waves15:00
* slangasek waves15:00
* Daviey does a little dance o/15:01
meetingologyMeeting started Fri Mar 16 15:01:03 2012 UTC.  The chair is skaet. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:01
* skaet is suffering paste failure into the window... sorry for the delay15:02
skaet[TOPIC] Release general overview - skaet15:02
skaetPlease remember to .. when you're done, and o/ if you want us to pause. :)15:02
skaetAgenda can be found:15:02
skaet#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2012-03-1615:02
skaet Individual team status links will be added to it from:15:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Release general overview - skaet
skaet #link https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/thread.html15:02
skaet Schedule is at:15:02
skaet #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule15:02
skaet #link http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars/ubuntu-release-calendar/15:02
skaet .15:02
skaetUpcoming Dates:15:02
skaet• 2012/03/22 - Beta Freeze at 2100 UTC15:02
skaet• 2012/03/22 - DocumentationStringFreeze at 2100 UTC15:03
skaet• 2012/03/29 - Beta 215:03
skaet Bugs committed to be fixed by the engineering teams can be found:15:03
skaet #link http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-bugs/reports/rls-p-tracking-bugs.html15:03
skaetBugs that you would like the engineering teams to consider for fixing, should be assigned to specific teams, so they can be found.15:03
skaetIndividual Team Statuses Received by 1500 UTC:15:03
skaetHardware Certification -https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000947.html - brendand15:03
skaetQuality Assurance - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000965.html  - jibel15:03
skaetSecurity team  - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000963.html - mdeslaur15:03
skaetKernel team - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000945.html- apw15:03
skaetFoundations - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000949.html-  slangasek15:03
skaetServer -https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000967.html - Daviey15:03
skaetLinaro - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000957.html - fabo15:03
skaetUbuntu One - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000951.html -  joshuahoover15:03
skaetDesktop Team - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000958.html  - pitti15:03
skaetUnity Framework Team - no update received - dbarth15:03
skaetUnity Services and Settings -  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000962.html- Cimi15:03
skaetKubuntu -https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000961.html -  Riddell15:03
skaetEdubuntu - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000953.html- stgraber or highvoltage15:03
skaetXubuntu - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000946.html - madnick or knome15:03
skaetUbuntu Studio - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000966.html - scott-work (use mail)15:03
skaetLubuntu  - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-March/000952.html - gilir (use mail)15:03
skaetMythbuntu - no update received - superm115:04
skaet[TOPIC] Question and Answer Session15:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Question and Answer Session
skaetto get things started...15:04
skaetAnyone against moving the meeting from 1600 to 1500 UTC for the remainder of the DST period (summer basically)?   For the skew period, we'll have it at 1500 UTC at a minimum, so not to be too obnoxious to the Europeans15:04
* skaet reminds folks to show hands now if they have questions, they can be queued up. :)15:04
ScottKFine with me.15:04
pitti+1 for 1500 UTC during summer15:04
tumbleweeddoesn't affect me at all (we don't do DST)15:04
brendand-1 (clash with scrum)15:04
mdeslaur+1 1500UTC15:04
apw+0 makes little difference to me15:05
skaetbrendand,  just during the transition skew or through entire period?15:05
Daviey+0 slightly harder for me, but not the end of the world.15:05
slangasek+0, dunno which cjwatson would prefer :)15:06
brendandskaet, having trouble doing the numbers in my head :P15:06
brendandskaet, i'll manage15:06
skaetbrendand,  great.  thanks.15:06
skaetok,   I'll move it on the schedule going forward,   we'll go back to 1600 after the summer ends.15:07
apwskaet, i assume you mean "US summer" there15:07
pittijust FTR, mvoing to 1500 UTC should mean that the local time doesn't change at all15:07
pitti(since I noticed some people seem to have meeting conflcits)15:07
skaetScottK,  go ahead now,  I've got a bunch of questions lined up,  but you had your hand up first.15:08
ScottKI'd like to discuss last night's archive breakage,  bug 934593, and wouldn't this better just wait until next cycle given where libpython/python are on multiarch?15:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 934593 in python-defaults (Ubuntu) "python-all-dev, python-dev must be Arch: any for multiarch" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93459315:08
apwpitti, in this two week period (each end) when the US moves before/after us there might be15:08
ScottKslangasek: ^^^15:08
=== dbarth_ is now known as dbarth
skaetapw,  daylight savings time (europe + US)  over wider skew period.  ;)15:08
pittiI think this change would work if all buildds start building the package at the same time, but indeed it seems that it doesn't gain us much at this point?15:08
ScottKGiven doko's comments on the bug, I'm not sure what the benefit is of this?15:08
ScottKpitti: I agree.15:08
slangasekScottK: it was clearly a case for an FFe from my POV, the upload took me by surprise15:09
slangasekbut the benefit is that it enables cross-installation of build-deps for a large swath of core packages15:09
ScottKEven with the libpython issue?15:09
slangasekI'm not sure15:09
slangasekbut that's why it's *theoretically* worth pursuing an FFe for15:10
ScottKIf the change is timed for when the bulidd's are idle, I think it's low risk, but the benefit ought to be sorted out before we try it again.15:10
ScottKOK.  Would you please work with doko on sorting this out?15:11
skaetslangasek,  if things are quiet towards the end of the Beta2 - try then?  or before?15:11
pittiyes, that, or set one per arch on manual and do the build score bump dance15:11
slangasekScottK, skaet: it won't be for at least another week; we have the installer sprint next week mon-wed, then doko is off thu-fri.  So we can look at it after beta-215:12
DavieySo.. does it add enough benefit for release, or is it a distraction ?15:12
slangasek(or the week of beta-2 if someone thinks that's a good idea)15:12
slangasekhaving the core of Ubuntu cross-buildable is not a distraction for those who need Ubuntu cross-buildable15:13
=== genupulas is now known as ethene
Davieyslangasek: Can you state a use-case?15:13
slangasekbut I'm not arguing per se for an exception - I need to talk to doko about this15:13
Davieyslangasek: The way it seems to me is that this allows people to build any packages in amd64, easier?15:13
skaetDaviey,  in particular it opens up some options for arm - linaro is cross building, btw.15:13
pittiif you need me to do the buildd dance, can do; but I'm on a sick day on Monday, so better doing it Tuesday (or ask infinity to do the handholding)15:14
Davieyok, i can see reasoning :)15:14
slangasekpitti: ack, thanks15:14
Davieypitti: you pre-plan your sick days?15:14
pittiDaviey: getting my remaining two wisdom teeth pulled out, yes15:14
Davieyah :)15:14
pittiI'll do stuff in the morning for sponsoring15:15
pittiso if you are up for an early (EU) morning buildd dance, can do :)15:15
skaetslangasek,  ok,  I'll ping you next week after your sprint.   let me know the FFe bug number when its opened,  so we can track this.15:15
slangasekskaet: I would expect the already-opened bug to be used for the FFe, bug #93459315:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 934593 in python-defaults (Ubuntu) "python-all-dev, python-dev must be Arch: any for multiarch" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93459315:16
skaetslangasek,  ok - should probably be a different priority than is indicated, but we can clean it up, etc.15:16
skaetassuming .. on this topic now.15:17
skaetJibel, is bug 950676 lucid->precise upgrade failure due to gir1.0->gir1.2 conflicts, the only remaining blocker you're aware of for us to start recommending people with lucid systems try the upgrade to 12.04?15:17
* skaet would like to be able to start to get wider feedback/testing on lucid -> precise upgrades with Beta 2.15:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 950676 in apt (Ubuntu Precise) "lucid->precise upgrade failure due to gir1.0->gir1.2 conflicts" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/95067615:17
stgraberI'm also happy to help with the buildd dance, just ping me when needed15:17
skaetjibel, ^15:17
skaetok,  while waiting for jibel,  a couple of other ones to ask... ;)15:19
skaetslangasek, https://bugs.launchpad.net/hw-labs/+bug/834731 is on Cert's list as a blocker,  is it on your radar for next week?15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 834731 in debian-installer (Ubuntu) "Dell PowerEdge R810 fails to mount file system at /dev/sda1" [Medium,Incomplete]15:19
pittiskaet: there are some more upgrade bugs to shake out first15:19
slangasekskaet: no, and they've wiped the drive, it should be removed from the blocker list15:20
skaetbrendand, ^15:20
skaetpitti,  thanks - is there a good summary somewhere?15:20
brendandskaet, i think we'll remove the tag soon15:20
pittiskaet: jibel's mail report summarized it quite well15:20
slangasekthey applied my suggested workaround, but without capturing the debug information we needed to be able to fix it15:20
brendandskaet, that system boots fine now15:20
pittiskaet: how about https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=lucid2precise ?15:21
* skaet hugs pitti - didn't know about that tag. :D15:21
skaetyup, that will work.  thanks15:21
pittiskaet: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=qa-daily-testing is also interesting, bugs discovered by the auto jenkins tests15:21
slangasekI think the mono prerm bug would probably be good to fix before having people do lots of lucid->precise upgrades15:22
skaetpitti,  indeed,  thanks.  :)15:22
skaetthanks slangasek.15:23
skaetapw,  how many of Cert's blockers are likely to be fixed with B2 drop?   Are there some its clear we won't get with the release?15:25
apwskaet, i don't think i can give you a clear answer, there are a number which appear to have fixes nearly ready15:25
apwskaet, what i propose to do, is complete my overview review, and email all of the assignees and get more concrete updates15:25
apwskaet, and email the summary out early next week15:25
skaetapw,  that works.  thanks.  :)15:26
brendandapw, thanks15:26
skaet..  (and thanks brendand, pitti, slangasek, apw)15:26
skaetany one else have questions or should I go on?15:27
skaetdbarth or pitti - do either of you know if compiz will be picking up the OpenGLES in next week's drop?  or is compiz still planned to be bug fix only?15:27
pittiI don't know, I'm afraid15:28
skaetpitti,  ok,   I'm not seeing dbarth in the channel either.   Will follow up offline then.15:29
skaetfabo, ^15:29
skaetby the way,  before I forget,   Riddell,  congrats on getting Kubuntu active "activated" ;)15:30
Riddellthanks :)15:30
skaettumbleweed, how is progress going on the FTBFS in universe?15:31
Riddellstill various bits to tweak but it's nice to have an ubuntu flavour for tablet at last15:31
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
tumbleweedskaet: I'm not working on them atm, but other people are15:31
dbarthi'm there15:31
tumbleweedI don't have a handle on the progress, either15:31
tumbleweedwe're getting another rebuild soon, right?15:32
dbarthskaet: compiz openGLES is in the hands of ogra; he is still working AFAIK on getting a good distro-patch for ARM only; GLES is not for Intel15:32
skaetogra_, ^ any updates?15:33
ogra_will update you once i have something15:34
fabowe're still waiting15:34
ogra_(we dont have a working 3D driver atm, waiting for kernel fixes etc)15:35
skaettumbleweed,  rebuilds need to be figured out.    Will work with you off line.15:35
ogra_(its all in the works though)15:35
=== Quintasan is now known as trolllogger
skaetogra_,  are there some bug numbers for those dependent kernel fixes?15:35
skaetor a tag ;)15:36
ogra_skaet, not to my knowledge, its all in ppisati's and rsalveti's hands15:36
faboskaet: dependency chain is compiz patch -> armhf driver -> kernel fixes15:36
ogra_i'm just waiting for the go from them to then start on compiz15:36
=== trolllogger is now known as Quintasan
apwskaet, i will check with ppisati15:37
skaetthanks fabo,  ogra_ - would like to get the specific bug numbers figured out so we can keep an eye on when its all landing.15:37
skaetthanks apw15:37
ogra_apw, i think he still waits for rsalveti to be done15:37
apwogra_, possible indeed ... will ask anyhow ..15:37
ogra_skaet, well, then we need to file any bugs, i dont hink there are any since it was planned in a regular kernel update15:38
faboI'll look into bug numbers to better track ETA15:38
ogra_(omap4 hasnt had the last merge yet)15:38
skaetthanks fabo.  :)15:38
faboogra_: I don't have any bugs reported either15:38
ogra_right, i thought so15:38
skaet.. I think on this topic.15:39
skaetanyone else have comments/questions before we end?15:39
* JackyAlcine walks in.15:40
skaetThanks for your participation, brendand, jibel, mdeslaur, slangasek, dbarth, Daviey, apw, fabo, pitti, Cimi, Riddell, stgraber, ogra_, tumbleweed15:41
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Fri Mar 16 15:41:10 2012 UTC.15:41
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-03-16-15.01.moin.txt15:41
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-03-16-15.01.html15:41
ogra_thanks skaet15:41
skaethave a good weekend all.15:41
mdeslaurthanks skaet!15:41
pittithanks everyone!15:41
skaetthanks ScottK (sorry missed you in the earlier thanks)15:42
ScottKNo problem.15:42
pitti+1 on meeting format again; much more interesting that way15:42
* skaet wants others asking questions too though, was feeling like a bit of a question hog :/15:43
pittiwell, they were some on the mailing lists15:44
slangasekfwiw I didn't have a chance to read all the reports beforehand, or I probably would've had more questions :)15:44
skaetpitti,  yup,  we'll keep up the experiment and discuss at UDS if we make it permanent.15:44
slangasek(not a complaint about the format though, just a whine about being on the west coast)15:44
skaetslangasek,  yeah,  if folks had them in the night before it would mean a bit more prep could occur.15:45
apwskaet, you should set a deadline for 'em and official one15:48
* skaet thanks those who had them submitted on Thursday very much. 15:49
skaetapw,  yes,   UDS discussion topic I think.  Was supposed to be Thursday night.15:50
=== ethene is now known as raju
=== JackyAlcine_ is now known as jalcine
rsalvetiskaet: ogra_: sorry, once the new kernel lands, we can push the sgx driver, I'm just cleaning the packaging bits now18:18
rsalvetiotherwise it'll freeze 4430 completely while booting18:18
ogra_rsalveti, but there is no bug or anything about it, right18:19
rsalvetiogra_: yes we have18:20
ogra_(and i dont think we need one since the kernel was already uploaded)18:20
ogra_you are such a bureaucrat !18:20
* ogra_ hugs rsalveti 18:20
rsalvetiogra_: bug 95667218:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 956672 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "Broken support for SGX with Ubuntu-3.2.0-1408.11" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/95667218:20
ogra_great, will add the right tags for kate :)18:21
rsalvetiperfect :-)18:21
=== genupulas is now known as ethane
skaetrsalveti, ogra_ :)  thanks!18:31
=== ethane is now known as raju
=== fader_ is now known as fader
=== Cees is now known as showcees
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr_afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!