* pleia2 waves00:00
meetingologyMeeting started Fri Apr 20 00:00:44 2012 UTC.  The chair is pleia2. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.00:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired00:00
pleia2Hello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the Americas meeting for April 19th. The wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/Americas00:01
pleia2We will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.00:01
pleia2The format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).00:01
pleia2ach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.00:01
pleia2During this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.00:02
pleia2When the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers is positive, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)00:02
pleia2#voters nhandler Pendulum cyphermox dinda pleia200:02
meetingologyCurrent voters: Pendulum cyphermox dinda nhandler pleia200:02
pleia2Now, with any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...00:02
pleia2caravena, are you here?00:02
pleia2fitoschido, are you here?00:03
pleia2MrChrisDruif: how about you? :)00:04
MrChrisDruifMeh, I might be00:04
pleia2#topic MrChrisDruif membership00:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: MrChrisDruif membership
pleia2introduce away!00:04
MrChrisDruifAlright, for who doesn't know me I'm Chris Druif and I'm mainly involved with Lubuntu00:04
MrChrisDruifMy wiki page is: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MrChrisDruif00:05
MrChrisDruifYou can find all my contact info on there, including everything I don't really use like launchpad and ubuntuforums00:05
MrChrisDruifI've been the Wiki/Docs Coordinator of Lubuntu since January and today I've actually become a member of the Ubuntu Wiki Docs Editors00:06
MrChrisDruifPlease feel free to ask any questions00:07
pleia2some of your testimonial writers did a better job of covering all the work you do than your wiki page does00:07
MrChrisDruifOh, I also help out on Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter by updating the links for the flavor meetings and sometimes summaries00:07
pleia2there you go00:07
MrChrisDruifI'm not one to boast00:08
pleia2several testimonials from beginners team too00:08
dindalooks like you have a good history of work in the community - and tons of testimonials00:08
Unit193I'm also here to support him.00:08
pleia2thanks Unit19300:08
MrChrisDruifI think if you look at the raw version /Testimonials you'll see almost every page I've edited ^_^00:09
pleia2ah, good00:09
MrChrisDruifAny questions? Please ask if I forgot to mention anything00:10
pleia2always nice to see a future goals section, that's for including it00:10
dindaMrChrisDruif: you just made me very curious about Lubuntu!00:11
MrChrisDruifWe've got a cool channel with people far more knowledgeable about Lubuntu then me on #lubuntu-offtopic and for support go to #lubuntu00:12
MrChrisDruifIncluding but not limited to Unit193 ^_^00:13
pleia2#vote MrChrisDruif Membership00:13
meetingologyPlease vote on: MrChrisDruif Membership00:13
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)00:13
meetingology+1 received from pleia200:13
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox00:13
meetingology+1 received from dinda00:13
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum00:13
meetingology+1 received from nhandler00:13
meetingologyVoting ended on: MrChrisDruif Membership00:13
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:000:13
meetingologyMotion carried00:13
pleia2congrats and welcome MrChrisDruif :)00:13
nhandlerCongratulations MrChrisDruif !00:14
MrChrisDruifYay! Thanks everyone!00:14
dindacongratulations!  and keep up the great work!00:14
PendulumMrChrisDruif: Congrats and welcome!00:14
pleia2#topic Unit193 Membership00:14
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Unit193 Membership
Unit193Wiki: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unit193 LP: http://launchpad.net/~unit19300:14
Unit193Howdy! My name is Unit 193, I'm from Ohio and part of the Ohio LoCo. Our city has a small ReLoCo that has had events I have gone to, I haven't been able to make any of the major statewide events as they have either been the wrong day, or I couldn't get there, but I really hope to make OLF this year.00:14
MrChrisDruifI'm rooting for ya Unit193 !!00:14
Unit193Unlike the person last month, my wiki seems to be stuck on -q mode as I am not a wiki person. :P  I am involved with the Lubuntu and Xubuntu projects, randomly help the news team if they really need it, and you can find me in random other places on and off Freenode.00:14
Unit193(Had to prewrite or I'd go blank)00:15
pleia2caravena: thanks for joining us, we'll get to your application next :)00:15
cyphermoxUnit193: no problem, a lot of this meeting is scripted ;)00:16
knomeas i state in the wiki, Unit193 gets +1 from me00:16
caravenapleia2 ok00:16
MrChrisDruifSame here00:17
* SergioMeneses takes seat00:17
pleia2thanks knome and MrChrisDruif00:17
nhandlerUnit193: Any plans to get involved with that ISO adoption project?00:17
Unit193Does it go by any other name?00:17
Unit193I may not have heard of it, so I'd have to check it out.00:18
nhandlerUnit193: Let me find a link (I admit, I'm not the most familiar)00:18
pleia2it's a more formal adoption of the iso tests you already do, to be responsible for a particular set of tests for an iso getting finished00:19
knomeif those iso's cover xubuntu iso's, i will +1 for Unit193 doing that too ;)00:19
nhandlerYep, that was it. Thanks pleia200:19
pleia2it does!00:19
knome(otherwise, only +.99)00:19
Unit193Hardware is a bit limited, and I can't hit any 64bit, but I can hit 32.00:19
nhandlerI'm sure many people would appreciate the help00:20
knomeyes, definitely, especially if it is on the derivative images (whether that was xubuntu or lubuntu or any other)00:20
Unit193I'd love to help with that, but it'd be hard commiting to it as the computer that has the power to test the best is a shared computer, so I'd have to check. (Also,  affew real life events I have to work with)00:21
pleia2another thank you for including future info so we don't need to ask :)00:22
pleia2#vote Unit193 Membership00:22
meetingologyPlease vote on: Unit193 Membership00:22
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)00:22
Unit193Heh, I tried, but it may be a touch outdated.00:22
meetingology+1 received from pleia200:22
meetingology+1 received from nhandler00:22
caravenaI work with Ubuntu 12.04 developed, I'm chilean and talk spanih default00:22
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox00:22
meetingology+1 received from dinda00:22
MrChrisDruifcaravena; just a minute, just wait for the results00:23
caravenaok sorry00:23
pleia2looks like we may have lost her for the moment, and that's quorum so00:24
meetingologyVoting ended on: Unit193 Membership00:24
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:000:24
meetingologyMotion carried00:24
pleia2congrats, welcome Unit193! :)00:24
knomecongrats Unit193! (and i'm off to bed... o/ see you)00:24
nhandlerCongratulations Unit193 !00:24
pleia2#topic caravena Membership00:24
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: caravena Membership
caravenaI'm chilean00:25
MrChrisDruifCongratulations buddy!!00:25
cyrexCongratz Unit19300:26
Unit193Thanks, cyphermox00:26
cyphermoxyay for tab completion ;)00:27
caravenaI work in ubuntu-cl00:27
caravenain marketing00:27
caravenaPedro Villavicencio help to my00:28
pleia2caravena: I'm a little confused, is this you too? https://launchpad.net/~cristianvirtual (they are listed as the ubuntu-cl contact)00:28
caravenaI'm working now in flisol -> http://guliqq.unap.cl00:28
caravenapleia2, no, I'm "caravena"00:29
caravenaCristian Aravena00:29
pleia2caravena: your wiki page says you're the LoCo Contact, but you are not00:29
caravenaoummm sorry00:30
SergioMenesespleia2, ubuntu-cl team has a council00:31
=== MrChrisDruif is now known as BrokenThumb
caravenaThanks SergioMeneses00:32
pleia2SergioMeneses: right, I'm going by this: http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-cl00:32
pleia2he's not on that either00:32
pleia2caravena: do you think you could update your wiki with accurate details, maybe put a bit more information about what you do in the LoCo?00:33
SergioMenesespleia2, you're rigth00:33
=== BrokenThumb is now known as MrChrisDruif
caravenathen I going to update my wiki page00:35
pleia2caravena: also, get some more testimonials, from people you work with in the chilean loco :)00:35
caravenapleia2, ok00:35
cyphermoxcyrex: you there?00:37
cyrexI am here cyphermox00:38
pleia2#topic cyrex Membership00:38
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: cyrex Membership
cyphermoxalright :)00:38
cyrexShould I start now?00:38
cyrexSorry guys a LITTLE nervous00:39
pleia2yes, go ahead00:39
cyrexI am Luis Alvarado from Venezuela. Have been an active Ubuntu user since 5.04. Started helping other users with Linux and Ubuntu since 2006-2007, at least for user from Windows. Have taught several Linux classes that focus on Ubuntu, the server side and desktop side. Also participated in an international event called FLISOL (Will participate this year again). My time right now is spend in askubuntu helping out, teaching/promoting about Ubuntu Linux in00:39
cyrex Venezuela and I am going to start my webpage ubuntuve.com from scratch which will be about video tutorials about Ubuntu and programming in Linux (Spanish mostly).00:39
cyrexhttps://launchpad.net/~luisalvaradox (Empty for the time being. Got a couple of tools I want to add this year)00:39
cyrexThis is a link to askubuntu where I do some helping: http://askubuntu.com/users/7035/00:39
cyrexAnd here is a link to the ranking so it might help or something: http://askubuntu.com/users?tab=reputation&filter=all00:40
pleia2always nice to meet other folks who are putting Ubuntu into schools :)00:40
pleia2wow, you've been using askubuntu for a long time!00:40
MrChrisDruifThat's true00:40
cyrexyes. About a year00:41
pleia2cyrex: is teaching Venezuelan Users about Ubuntu something separate from your job?00:41
cyrexI do it in the job and separate00:42
cyrexfor example, when talking about networking, computer assembly or programming I always talk to them about linux and ubuntu00:42
cyrexso many of them eventually take the linux course which I teach using ubuntu00:42
cyrexthat is in the job, outside the job and help out friends and anybody interested in using a real operating system00:43
pleia2really great work00:43
cyrexI have a small group in facebook with some friends that I help with this. Also have ubuntuve.com/ubuntuvenezuela.com which I will start from scratch with video tutorials of how to use ubuntu, configuration, etc.00:44
nhandlerBesides the videos, any other plans/goals for the future?00:44
cyrexWell my 2012 goals in order are: Finish ubuntu tutorials on webpage, finish symfony programming and I want to start working on python so I can help with Ubuntu. Right now my plan is to create awareness of ubuntu in Venezuela and maybe a social group around it. Then try to work my way up to someday maybe work in Ubuntu as a developer.00:46
pleia2nice to hear :)00:47
pleia2#vote cyrex Membership00:47
meetingologyPlease vote on: cyrex Membership00:47
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)00:47
dindaakc, wrong keyboard00:47
meetingology+1 received from pleia200:47
meetingology+1 received from nhandler00:47
meetingology+1 received from dinda00:47
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum00:47
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox00:47
meetingologyVoting ended on: cyrex Membership00:47
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:000:47
meetingologyMotion carried00:47
pleia2congrats and welcome cyrex!00:47
MrChrisDruifCongratulations cyrex!!00:48
nhandlerCongratulations !00:48
cyrexWhohoo. Thanks guys00:48
cyphermoxcongrats cyrex00:48
cyrexNow let me see my next step: Take over the world. Ok got it00:48
Unit193Congrats cyrex! (got it right this time)00:48
pleia2thanks everyone :)00:48
cyrexMan I am still shaken hehe00:48
nhandlerYep. Thanks you everyone, and congratulations to the new members.00:49
pleia2and before we all run off, we have three board members expiring next month, so while welcome to reapply, thanks to nhandler and dinda for their work on the board these past couple years :)00:49
cyphermoxyup, thanks nhandler and dinda :)00:50
Pendulumpleia2: thank you for your work over the past (4?) years as well!00:50
pleia2Pendulum: indeed 4! too many :)00:50
cyrexWell thank you I am going to tell my girlfriend00:50
cyrexyou all have a nice day/night00:51
pleia2you too00:51
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Fri Apr 20 00:51:14 2012 UTC.00:51
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-20-00.00.moin.txt00:51
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-20-00.00.html00:51
=== bazhang_ is now known as bazhang
=== plars-away is now known as plars
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
=== lionel__ is now known as lionel
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
* skaet waves14:59
meetingologyMeeting started Fri Apr 20 15:00:32 2012 UTC.  The chair is skaet. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:00
skaet[TOPIC] Release general overview - skaet15:01
skaetPlease remember to .. when you're done, and o/ if you want us to pause and ask questions. :)15:01
skaetAgenda can be found:15:01
skaet#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2012-04-2015:01
skaetIndividual team status links will be added to it from:15:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Release general overview - skaet
skaet#link https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-April/thread.html15:01
skaetWe've started creating the release candidates,  and full testing has commenced.   Changes to the unseeded universe can continue to go in, but changes to seeded packages will need to be release critical ( basically blockers and not SRUable) at this point before they'll be accepted.    Please discuss on #ubuntu-release if you see any release blockers pop up during testing immediately.    Testing of the release candid15:01
skaetates is in progress, so we'll be trying to minimize the respins.15:01
skaet#ubuntu-release if questions, please.15:01
skaetSchedule is at:15:01
skaet #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule15:01
skaetKey Upcoming Dates:15:01
skaet• 2012/04/24 - Unseeded Universe Final Freeze at 1200 UTC15:01
skaet• 2012/04/26 - Release!!!15:01
* stgraber waves15:01
skaetBugs committed to be fixed by the engineering teams can be found:15:01
skaet#link http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-bugs/reports/rls-p-tracking-bugs.html15:01
skaetBugs that you would like the engineering teams to consider for fixing, should be assigned to specific teams, so they can be found.15:01
skaetWe're also now using:  http://pad.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-release15:01
skaetto track the release.15:02
skaetLots of late incoming status changes now that we're working with Final Freeze,  and I haven't managed to get the paste ups ready.15:02
skaetfrom the mail list.15:02
skaetwill try to get it added before end of meeting.15:03
skaet[TOPIC] questions/comments from the weekly status, and about the state of the release in general?15:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: questions/comments from the weekly status, and about the state of the release in general?
skaetPlease remember to .. when you're done, and o/ if you want us to pause and ask questions. :)15:05
skaetGeneral question for all the teams:   Are there any release critical bugs that have not been brought to attention of release team?15:05
pittibug 985862 just came in15:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 985862 in ubufox (Ubuntu Precise) "Update the start page URL" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98586215:05
pittifix being prepared15:05
skaetPlease think on that and prepare answers...15:05
pitti(just adding to pad)15:06
skaetthanks pitti,  was that the "o/" or the answer to my question?15:06
pittiskaet: your question, o/ still pending15:07
skaetpitti,  go,  while folk are checking and composing then.   Thanks!15:07
pittiso, we still have a considerably sized http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg15:07
cjwatsonmaas is still in the queue and I've vaguely gathered that (a) it helps with some of the outstanding component-mismatches and (b) it just needs somebody to sit down and review it all; is now still a good time for that?  I think we've dropped the ball on that one slightly as the release team15:07
cjwatsonoh, sorry, misinterpreted pitti.  but I think we're asking about kind of the same thing anyway.15:07
pittiI wanted to ask the server folks if horizon is going to stay seeded, and if so, if at least the python-coverage build dep cuodl be dropped?15:08
pittiit seems non-essential15:08
skaetarosales, Daviey ^15:08
pitticjwatson: maas is something different AFAICS15:08
pittibut also needs sorting out indeed15:08
cjwatsonI can volunteer to do the review if it's still OK15:08
pittiDaviey just returned and he said he'd look at it15:08
pittiit's quite intrusive, and I didn't feel confident enough to yay/nay it15:08
arosalespitti: I believe horizon will need to stay seeded. I'll have to check on the python-coverage dep with zul and adamg15:09
cjwatsonI'd certainly rather somebody who knows the code well take care of it, just as long as *somebody* does15:09
skaetpitti, arosales,  Daviey able to get to it for today's respin?  or are we looking and possibly having to require an additional one for server later?15:10
arosalesa good part of the server team is at ODS conference so we have a bit delayed in some of the work.15:10
skaetarosales,  is there anyone else around, who isn't Daviey or the author) that could knowlegably review it now?15:11
arosalesskaet: for MAAS?15:12
cjwatson(I've just skimmed it and don't see any problems that are obvious to me.)15:12
skaetDaviey.... :)  delighted to see you.15:12
* Daviey will take MAAS and follow up with horizon stuff today.15:12
Davieyjust.. not right now.15:12
* skaet hugs Daviey15:12
Davieyskaet: I'm not delighted to see a computer :)15:12
skaetDaviey,  ok,  we'll hold off on the respins today until we hear from you on this.15:13
skaetthanks for that initial look cjwatson too.  :)15:13
* arosales thanks the release team for all the help with the late server landings15:13
skaetcjwatson,  you're question again?15:14
skaetDaviey,  any question indicated by your 'o/'?15:14
pitti. o O { suggestion: \o for hello, o/ for questions :) }15:15
Davieyno, just showing presence.. sorry15:15
* skaet likes pitti's suggestion. Next release ;)15:15
skaetok,  going back to round tabling from each of the teams on release critical non SRUable fixes...?15:16
skaetarosales - is there anything on your team's radar?15:16
Riddellpitti: you're mixing three different styles of ascii art there, confuses my little brain!15:16
arosalesskaet: no release critical bugs that I am aware of.15:17
skaetthanks arosales.15:17
skaetcjwatson: ?15:17
ogasawaraskaet: none here for the kernel  that I'm aware of.  issues I'm currently tracking should be getting handled in our day-015:17
skaetthanks ogasawara.  :)15:17
cjwatsoneverything I know of has come up in #ubuntu-release, although as I said in my status update we do need to clear outdated binaries.15:17
cjwatsonI'm trawling through the relevant build failures at the moment ...15:18
skaetthanks cjwatson.  :)15:18
skaetjibel:  anything showing up from the recent testing that might be suspect?15:18
skaetroadmr or brendand:   from your team?15:19
roadmrskaet: a bug that was subsequently fixed, so we're ok now :)15:19
skaetroadmr,  thanks.  :)15:20
roadmrskaet: it was bug 98438715:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 984387 in Linux "[Dell Studio XPS 1340,Alienware m17x] Kernel panic with 3.0.0-19 and 3.2.0-18 on boot" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98438715:20
skaet:)  thanks for that.  ..?15:21
skaetmdeslaur,  anything known as potential to from security update between now and next Wednesday?15:22
jdstrandskaet: I'm here for mdeslaur15:22
* skaet just wants to know if something is under investigation, or if the slate is pretty clear.15:22
jdstrandmdeslaur: don't you come in here :P15:22
skaetthanks jdstrand.15:22
jdstrand(he is on holiday)15:22
jdstrandskaet: nothing is planned15:22
skaetthanks jdstrand.15:23
skaetdbarth_, anything from your team?15:23
* jibel back15:23
skaetgo ahead jibel while we wait for dbarth_ ...15:24
skaetanything showing up on radar that might end up as a blocker from recent tests?15:24
jibelso I sent the list of defects found this week with testing15:24
dbarth_skaet: hi, not much apart from the last 2 fixes that didrocks added to ubuntu515:25
jibeland found a bug with cdromupgrade from lucid15:25
jibelbug 98623315:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 986233 in update-manager (Ubuntu) "lucid -> precise cdromupgrade failed without network connection" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98623315:25
jibelthat might be a blocker15:25
skaetthanks jibel.   Yes,  it needs looking at.15:26
skaetthanks dbarth,  ..?15:26
dbarth_skaet: the rest we're targeting for an upcoming 5.12.0; the bamf issue with duplicated icons (#928912 )15:26
skaetheh, guess not.   Thanks!15:26
skaetogra_ go.15:26
ogra_we found an issue with the GLES patch that i fixed today ... sadly there is an unuploaded fix in the tree so i couldnt just upload compiz right away15:27
ogra_the gles fix sits in the compiz packaging tree now but i want to wait for didrocks (who is on vacation) to nod off the former fix 8else i had uploaded right now)15:27
ogra_apparenly he is back on monday though...15:28
ogra_the fix is tested and makes everything work fine now15:28
skaetogra_ yeah, but given the arm build times, etc.  monday is getting pretty late.15:28
skaetpitti,  who is didrock's backup on this sort of thing?15:28
pittithere is no formal backup15:29
pittiI'd suggest to just uplaod the patch, and adjust bzr accordingly15:29
pittii. e. push the unpublished change to the next version15:29
ogra_pitti, not possible15:29
pittiwell, I don't know anything else :)15:29
ogra_the arch specific patch needs to sit on top of all other quilt patches sadly15:30
pittior do you depend on the previous patch?15:30
ogra_i have to redo everything for the next quilt patch again15:30
pittithat sounds like a hell of a patch15:30
cjwatsonbranch from the last uploaded revision15:30
ogra_right, since i cant be sure the GLES patch doesnt accidentially touch the same files other quilt patches touch15:30
cjwatsonthen let whoever wants to upload the unuploaded bits worry about merging15:30
* skaet nods15:31
cjwatson(if necessary)15:31
ogra_cjwatson, that still means i need to completely regenerate everything right after the next quilt patch is added15:31
ogra_it would only help until the next upload ...15:31
cjwatsonyou can still prepare *this* upload, which is the time-sensitive one, as I understand it15:31
pittiat this point this shoudl be offloaded to #u-devel or desktop, but why?15:31
ogra_cjwatson, yes, but for the first (likely 0 day) SRU i have to start over15:32
ogra_so it doesnt help much for the release if dider uploads to proposed next week and i have to do it again15:32
pittipatch dependencies and bzr handling seem very independent to me15:33
cjwatson"start over" sounds like it must be hyperbole15:33
cjwatsonI'm prepared to believe you have to fiddle about to some extent with quilt15:33
cjwatsonbut it surely isn't a matter of completely starting from scratch15:33
cjwatsonor shouldn't be15:33
ogra_well, we have two trees, the gles patch has to be a diff between these two trees ... if one quilt patch is added to the packjaging tree, linaro has to first update their stuff, then i need to redo the diff between the trees and roll that into a new quilt patch ...15:34
ogra_(thats not the time consuming part, due to the fragile nature of it we have to do testbuilds, tests etc, all in all thats half a workday of one linaro person and me)15:35
* pitti still fails to see the connection to the unuploaded patch staged in bzr15:35
* skaet thinks we need to take this discussion to #ubuntu-release and move on here.15:35
ogra_pitti, it touched the same files the gles patch touches, next upload with the unuploaded quilt patch makes arm builds ftbfs15:36
cjwatsonso push and refresh15:36
cjwatson(but yes, #u-r)15:36
skaetRiddell,   any release critical issues lurking in the Kubuntu bugs?15:37
RiddellI have a good feeling there are none15:37
Riddellthere was the KDM issue slangasek was tlaking about yeseterday15:38
Riddellwhich was an issue with libc I think15:38
RiddellI think he fixed it but haven't verified yet15:38
slangasekmea culpa15:38
RiddellI'm away until Monday evening15:39
skaetis ScottK your backup?15:39
skaetfor questions?15:39
Riddellhe is a reliable chap for any breakages yes15:40
skaetRiddell,  who should we be notifying to restart the kubuntu testing, when we respin?15:40
RiddellScottK is good to notify, he can pull the trigger on the kubuntu communnity15:41
Riddellor a !testing ping in #kubuntu-devel15:41
skaetThanks.  :)   Will do.15:41
* skaet will do both then...15:41
skaetuntil response15:42
skaetstgraber or highvoltage - any release critical issues lurking in the Edubuntu bugs?15:42
stgrabernope, the worst bug we had so far was wallpapers not showing up in the gnome background dialog :)15:43
stgraberand that's fixed15:43
stgraberso it looks pretty good so far, we have a few smaller bugs reported that I'll make sure we get fixed for 12.10 and possibly for 12.04.115:43
skaetsounds good.   Thanks stgraber and highvoltage.  :)15:44
skaetastraljava,  knome - any release critical issues lurking in the Xubuntu bugs?15:44
astraljavaskaet: Nothing from Xubuntu as we spe*... type.15:44
astraljavaJust got a hint of a weird networking issue, but can't specify yet how critical it turns out to be.15:45
astraljavaI will do some further testing over the weekend.15:45
skaetthanks astraljava.   Ok,  will circle back with you on monday.15:45
astraljavaSounds good.15:46
skaetscott-work, any release critical issues lurking in the Ubuntu Studio bugs?15:46
scott-workno, it is looking good at this time :)15:46
skaet:)  Thanks scott-work!15:47
skaetgilir,  any release critical issues lurking in the Lubuntu bugs?15:47
gilirno blocker so far, still testing and double checking install failure the team reported15:47
gilirmaybe one fix for our keyboard layout application, still need testing15:48
skaetThanks gilir,  ok,  please post in #ubuntu-release as soon as you know more on those.15:48
skaetanyone I miss?15:48
tumbleweedMOTU, but I don't have any issues I know of15:49
tumbleweedlaney is probably more on top of things...15:49
skaetgilir, scott-work, astraljava, highvoltage, stgraber, Riddell, ScottK - any issues with the new ReleaseNotes/* format?   can all the feature and config/install information be ready in it by monday?15:50
skaetThanks tumbleweed.  :)15:50
stgraberI think Edubuntu is mostly good after highvoltage's edits from yesterday. I'll have another look this weekend.15:52
skaetThanks stgraber. :)15:53
* gilir likes the new format, and it should be ok on monday for us15:53
tumbleweedI have a more general question re the releasenotes format? Are we rolling in any notes from 10.10 -> 11.10? (e.g. the toolchain changes that someone asked about on the list this week). If we are, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the new structure for toolchain changes15:53
astraljavaskaet: I believe Xubuntu will have it ready by Monday, yes.15:55
skaettumbleweed,  there's the common infrastructure part to hold that sort of thing.15:55
skaetslangasek, ^^15:55
skaet(its where the upstart and kernel changes are located).15:56
skaetthanks astraljava :)15:56
tumbleweedoh, I didn't see that was shared between all the sub-pages15:56
scott-workskaet: not yet, i'm still digging through it though ;)15:56
skaetfair nuf scott-work.   ping me if you have questions please.  :)15:57
slangasektumbleweed: ;)  I had removed the references to toolchain versions because I didn't believe it relevant for end-user-facing release notes; but I seem to be outnumbered15:57
tumbleweedthe people who complain probably won't have read the notes...15:57
skaetif its in the notes,  we have a place to point to at least when the questions come up.15:59
skaetanyhow,  we're out of time now.15:59
skaetplease bring up any remaining questions in #ubuntu-release.15:59
skaetThank you to all of you and your teams for the excellent work that's been done so far on this release!16:00
skaetI'm very much looking forward to the release getting announced next week,  and am thinking its going to be a great foundation for our new LTS.    Well done!16:00
skaetThank you for your participation in these weekly release meetings for Precise,  roadmr, jibel, jdstrand, ogasawara, cjwatson, arosales, fabo, pitti, dbarth_,ogra_,Riddell, stgraber, highvoltage, astraljava, scott-work, gilir, tumbleweed, Laney.    Next set will start after UDS-Q... name coming soon. ;)16:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Fri Apr 20 16:00:38 2012 UTC.16:00
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-20-15.00.moin.txt16:00
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-20-15.00.html16:00
pittithanks skaet16:00
arosalesskaet: thanks for chairing :-)16:00
jibelthanks skaet16:00
astraljavaThanks skaet, all!16:00
roadmrwhee! thanks!16:00
ogra_thanks skaet16:01
=== fenris is now known as Guest89753
=== Guest89753 is now known as ejat
=== noy is now known as Wesnoth|Noy
=== valorie is now known as kde|valorie
=== kde|valorie is now known as KDE|valorie
=== KDE|valorie is now known as valorie
=== Wesnoth|Noy is now known as noy

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!