=== kees_ is now known as kees
=== Tm_K is now known as Tm_T
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== android is now known as jussi
=== amithkk is now known as Andrew__
=== Andrew__ is now known as AndrewStrong
=== AndrewStrong is now known as ubuntu__
=== ubuntu__ is now known as xubuntu
=== xubuntu is now known as a
=== a is now known as b_
=== b_ is now known as amithkk
=== brendand_ is now known as brendand
=== Pendulum_ is now known as Pendulum
=== jdstrand_ is now known as jdstrand
* jjohansen \o18:03
* sbeattie o/18:03
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Apr 23 18:06:33 2012 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:06
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:06
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:18:06
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:06
jdstrand[TOPIC] Announcements18:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Announcements
jdstrandFriendly reminder, we are releasing this week, so be sure to do your ISO testing :)18:07
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:07
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first18:07
jdstrandI'm on community this week18:07
jdstrandI'm also patch piloting (not sure how that is supposed to work this week...)18:07
jdstrandI need to do final install audits18:07
jdstrandiso testing18:07
jdstrandfinish up the last bits on work items18:08
jdstrandand get back to some updates18:08
jdstrandthat's it from me18:08
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up18:08
mdeslaurI'm in the happy place18:08
mdeslaurI'm working on jetty updates18:08
mdeslaurand will release mysql from -proposed most likely18:08
mdeslaurand will pick something else18:09
mdeslaurand will test isos18:09
mdeslaurthat's it for me18:09
mdeslaursbeattie: you're up18:09
sbeattieI'm also in the happy place18:09
sbeattieI'm working on fixes for an apparmor SRU18:09
sbeattieI need to finish up one work item18:10
sbeattieand test isos and get back to updates18:10
sbeattieI think that's it for me.18:10
sbeattiemicahg: you're up18:10
micahgIt's mozilla release week, Thunderbird 11 should go out to -updates for lucid/natty tonight, with Thunderbird 12 (barring nasty CVEs) going out late Thursday, Firefox updates going out as well, then back to webkit18:11
micahgthat's it for me18:12
mdeslaurmicahg: what do you mean tb11 and tb12?18:12
micahgmdeslaur: Thunderbird 11 is in -proposed, I'll run the final tests today and push to -updates, then 12 is the security update for that (releasing tomorrow), that we'll push out at the end of the week18:13
micahgthis is for the stable release migration18:13
mdeslauryou're going to push two updates in the same week?18:13
mdeslaurwhy don't you just push 12 directly instead of making everyone upgrade twice?18:13
micahgyes, unfortunately18:13
micahgwell, I'd like some bake time in -updates in case we missed anything with the 3.1 -> 11 update18:14
micahgthat hopefully prevents a regression in the security pocket18:14
mdeslaurI'm not quite sure how that helps any, besides piss off users getting a GUI change twice in the same week18:15
micahgmdeslaur: second update isn't a GUI change18:16
tyhicksI'm handling triage this week18:16
tyhicksI'm currently working on an eCryptfs bug that leaves zero length files in the lower filesystem when ecryptfs_create() fails18:17
=== arun__ is now known as arun_
kirklandtyhicks: \o/18:17
tyhicksI think it is the underlying cause behind the recent uptick in users getting zero length file warnings in their logs18:17
* kirkland hugs tyhicks 18:18
tyhicksI also have 2 small eCryptfs work items left18:18
jdstrandtyhicks: are you getting close to a fix on that one?18:18
tyhicksjdstrand: Yeah - I just realized the underlying cause late Friday and I should have a fix ready by EOD today18:18
tyhicksand I'll take another update this week18:19
tyhicksI think that it is18:19
tyhicksjjohansen: You're up18:19
jjohansenI have Bug #987371 that is causing problem for lxc in the cloud to look into more. I think we may already have a fix but it hasn't been verified.18:19
jjohansenI still have a couple of other apparmor bugs to finish up testing and get fixes committed for Bug #955892 in particular may be causing problems when used with eCryptfs18:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 987371 in lxc (Ubuntu) "unconfined containers are not starting" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98737118:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 955892 in apparmor (Ubuntu) "Failed name lookup - disconnected path error for long path names" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/95589218:19
jjohansenI have a whole lot of UDS prep to do and will be refreshing the dbus prototype against current, so that testing and further development can continue18:20
jjohansenI still have 2 work items to finish off, and I will try to finish them18:20
jjohansenup this week.18:20
jjohansenoh and I suppose there is some iso testing to do too18:20
jjohansenI think that is it from /me jdstrand back to you18:21
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages18:21
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.18:21
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.18:21
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:22
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandanother friendly reminder that we should be adding items to the wiki for UDS preparation so we can get this all prepared next week (possibly late this week)18:23
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:23
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Apr 23 18:28:38 2012 UTC.18:28
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-23-18.06.moin.txt18:28
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-23-18.06.html18:28
jdstrandmdeslaur, sbeattie, micahg, tyhicks, jjohansen: thanks!18:28
jjohansenthanks jdstrand18:28
tyhicksthanks jdstrand!18:28
micahgthanks jdstrand18:29
sbeattiejdstrand: thanks!18:29
jdstrandnp :)18:29
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand!18:29
=== bdrung_ is now known as bdrung
* barry waves19:01
ubottubdrung, cody-somerville, Laney, micahg, barry, tumbleweed, stgraber: DMB ping19:02
ScottKbarry: Meeting's canceled.  Go fix bugs.19:02
ScottKOh.  Nevermind.  Different meeting.19:02
barryScottK: what are these "bugs" of which you speak?19:02
* Laney co-opts ScottK onto the DMB19:02
bdrungisn't ubuntu bug free?19:02
tumbleweedit must be, we're releasing19:03
diwichmm, of all animals of Ubuntu releases, none of them have been actual bugs...maybe not a coincidence?19:04
Laneywho's chair?19:05
tumbleweedwho's backup chair?19:05
tumbleweedIIRC Laney19:05
tumbleweedcody-somerville: you missed one last cycle, so we rescheduled you19:06
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Apr 23 19:06:17 2012 UTC.  The chair is cody-somerville. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.19:06
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired19:06
Laneyhah, sucker :P19:06
cody-somerville#topic PerPackageUploader Application: David Henningsson19:07
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: PerPackageUploader Application: David Henningsson
cody-somerville#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Diwic/PulseAudioUploaderApplication19:07
cody-somervillediwic, Hello. Could you please introduce yourself and your application?19:07
diwicWell, I've been co-maintaining PulseAudio for a while now. I work with PulseAudio and ALSA daily at my job at Canonical.19:08
diwicI should maybe point out that my main interest is really in the debian/patches directoro19:08
diwicwhich does not mean the other stuff is uninteresting19:08
diwicbut a lot of what I do is to try to actually fix bugs and then get them into Ubuntu19:09
diwicand into upstream19:09
diwicalso keeping track of bugfixes that come in upstream and apply them to Ubuntu as well.19:09
diwicAs for the packaging itself, I had a meeting at last desktop summit with the debian maintainer19:09
diwicbringing PulseAudio closer to Debian would be a long term goal for me19:10
diwicperhaps even being able to merge/sync it one day.19:10
diwicI guess that suits as an introduction :-) Any questions, feel free to ask19:11
cody-somervillediwic, How familiar do you feel you are with debian packaging in general and again how familiar do you feel you are with the packaging of pulseaudio, alsa, etc? Do you ever find gaps in your skill set when working on audio related packages? If so, how do you go about working around that?19:11
bdrungdiwic: an epoch bump in ubuntu does not help to get to a syncable version19:12
Laneyah, the package is in Git. Perhaps you could talk to Sweetshark about his experience with co-maintaining Libreoffice :-).19:12
diwiccody-somerville, well, I guess the reason why I'm not applying for motu or core-dev right away is that I'm not totally familiar with *everything* but rather the PulseAudio package19:13
barrydiwic: do you have a plan for getting debian and ubuntu versions back in sync?19:13
diwiccody-somerville, and to some degree the alsa packages as well perhaps.19:13
diwicbdrung, not exactly :-) but perhaps one could be creative in finding ways to collaborate.19:14
Laneydiwic: why just PA and not the alsa stack too?19:15
Laneyoh, perhaps you just answered that19:15
Laneyare they more complicated packages?19:15
diwicbarry, at this point? Well, sjoerd who maintains it in Debian would like us to sync it some day. In any way we can collaborate about issues and packaging, we can spread knowledge across and reduce workload, leading to more efficient package and better quality essentially. But I haven't looked in detail to it, yet19:16
barrydiwic: do you have any sense for the major bottlenecks for a sync?19:16
Laneyalso, are you the only person concentrating on the audio stack currently? I understand crimsun has reduced his involvement.19:17
diwicbarry, and I can't give you a definite promise that it will happen any time soon. But the upstream relations are good.19:17
barrydiwic: great!19:17
diwicLaney, I was actually considering alsa-* as well, as you see Daniel's endorsement, he seems to trust me with that as well. It's mostly a matter of experience. I've been more into the PulseAudio package.19:17
diwicLaney, TheMuso does a lot of the packaging for the ALSA and PulseAudio packages also.19:18
diwicLaney, he's the one who has sponsored most of my work lately.19:18
cody-somervillediwic, What would you consider more important: breadth of support for devices and features + or adverseness to risk? How do the weights of these two concerns change over the course of a Ubuntu release cycle for you?19:18
diwiccody-somerville, that's always a balance, of course. And it's spread over the cycle so bigger features goes in early. One can say that maybe things go in different categories here:19:21
cfalcohello everyone!19:22
diwiccody-somerville, if it's something that I'm drop dead sure that it won't affect anything else - or at least almost anything else - e g we can match something against a specific device ID (or subsystem ID), it can even go in as an SRU.19:22
* ogra_ cheers for diwic 19:22
diwiccody-somerville, that's consistent with what the kernel people do.19:22
* tumbleweed has just been reading some bugs, and everything seems to have been sponsored without any back-and-forth. Nice.19:22
diwiccody-somerville, but if it touches generic code, it's another matter. No features after Feature Freeze :-)19:23
=== hggdh_ is now known as hggdh
diwiccody-somerville, and no uploads in Alpha/Beta/Final Freeze, unless its terribly important (and double-checked with relevant people, such as the release team)19:23
diwiccody-somerville, does that answer your question?19:24
cody-somervillediwic, Are you familiar with the SRU and freeze exception processes? Have you ever driven a request through them before?19:24
* ogra_ remembers multiple SRUs i worked on with diwic 19:24
* tumbleweed sees a few: http://ubuntu-dev.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu-sponsorships.cgi?render=html&sponsor=&sponsor_search=name&sponsoree=David+Henningsson&sponsoree_search=name19:25
diwiccody-somerville, I've been writing SRUs. Freeze exceptions, not so much. I think TheMuso's been sorting out the paperwork there19:25
diwiccody-somerville, but the best is of course if you've fixed enough bugs so you don't have to make either of them :-)19:26
tumbleweeddiwic: are you subscribed to ubuntu-devel-announce?19:26
bdrungas i said: ubuntu is bug free. ;)19:26
diwictumbleweed, yes.19:27
ogra_bdrung, shhh19:27
tumbleweedout of interest, why did you wait a year to apply?19:27
cody-somervillediwic, Do you feel integrated in the Ubuntu development community? Do you participate on MLs, devel channels on IRC, etc?19:27
ogra_(dont tell anyone)19:27
diwictumbleweed, to gain sufficient experience.19:28
* tumbleweed appreciates that19:29
diwiccody-somerville, yes. I'm on #ubuntu-devel and #ubuntu-kernel daily.19:29
Laney+1 on crossing the chasm ;-)19:30
micahgdiwic: do you feel your sponsors gave you sufficient feedback to improve your skills19:30
diwiccody-somerville, and I find all these kinds of things interesting, how we drive things forward, and it's also a constant learning experience19:30
cody-somerville#vote PerPackageUploader Application: David Henningsson - PulseAudio19:32
meetingologyPlease vote on: PerPackageUploader Application: David Henningsson - PulseAudio19:32
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)19:32
diwicmicahg, hmm, it was a while since that was necessary, but in general yes. I remember bdrung helping me out with audacity when I was starting out here. crimsun has also been very helpful.19:32
tumbleweed+1 [ keep up the good work ]19:32
meetingology+1 [ keep up the good work ] received from tumbleweed19:32
cody-somerville+1 - Strong plus one based on interview here today, endorsements on application, and evidence of great work.19:32
meetingology+1 - Strong plus one based on interview here today, endorsements on application, and evidence of great work. received from cody-somerville19:32
meetingology+1 received from bdrung19:33
meetingology+1 received from Laney19:33
meetingology+1 received from barry19:33
Laneyplease come back and apply for alsa :-)19:33
* ogra_ would plus 1 if i could :) 19:33
diwicLaney, noted :-)19:33
* bdrung remembers the collaboration on audacity.19:33
micahg+1 - good endorsements, good packaging work, would have liked more feedback in bugs, but I guessas diwic said it's been a while since his uploads have required it19:33
meetingology+1 - good endorsements, good packaging work, would have liked more feedback in bugs, but I guessas diwic said it's been a while since his uploads have required it received from micahg19:33
cody-somervilleis that all of us?19:33
Laneyi believe so19:34
meetingologyVoting ended on: PerPackageUploader Application: David Henningsson - PulseAudio19:34
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:019:34
meetingologyMotion carried19:34
cody-somervillediwic, Congratulations. Your application has been approved.19:34
* ogra_ hugs diwic 19:34
diwicthanks everyone for your work as well!19:34
vanhoofdiwic: congrats!19:34
ogra_well deserved19:34
diwicogra_, vanhoof thanks for the moral support :-)19:34
cody-somerville#topic PerPackageUploader Application: Cesare Falco19:35
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: PerPackageUploader Application: Cesare Falco
cody-somerville#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/c.falco/DeveloperApplication19:35
bdrungdiwic: i recommend to get commit right to the debian repositories to get started with collaboration with debian.19:35
cfalcohere I am! Hello everyone!19:35
diwicbdrung, noted, thanks19:35
cody-somervillecfalco, Hello Cesare Falco. Please introduce yourself and your application.19:35
cfalcoI've been the official maintainer for a couple of package for many years19:36
cfalcomame and btpd19:36
cfalcoI'll be honest and I'll say I can't be on IRC so much  and I prefer the lists19:37
cfalcothat's because I my free time is unfortunately not much19:37
cfalcoI'm applying for upload rights for my packages only for that reason19:38
cfalcoI'd like to help others, but _at present_ I can't do more19:38
cfalcoand I feel I need some more experience too ;)19:38
tumbleweedcfalco: are you involved with the Debian side of these packages at all?19:38
cfalcoyes, for mame only19:39
* micahg notices btpd isn't in Debian19:39
cfalcobtpd is not in debian AFAIK19:39
Laneydid you know that Vcs-* for mess points to mame?19:39
cfalcoI know the debian games team has packaged mess too19:39
micahgcfalco: I've noticed that btpd hasn't seen an update since maverick, is the package still useful?19:40
cfalcowhich I'll help to bring into ubuntu too19:40
cfalcomicahg, hard to say... it didn't get updates for a long time now19:40
cfalcostill I use it and it works good for me19:40
cfalcoI see that recently a bug has been opened against 11.1019:41
cfalcobut I'm not  been able to reproduce it by far19:41
cody-somervillecfalco, Have you been able to sync mame from Debian into Ubuntu yet?19:41
cfalcoplan is to sync it for 12.1019:42
cfalcopackage is now fully merged and working in ubuntu (on my box)19:42
LaneySo you are now working with the games team?19:42
micahgcfalco: have you considered adding btpd to Debian?19:42
cfalco_Debian_ games team19:42
LaneyWhat did you mean by "I know the debian games team has packages mess too" then?19:42
cfalcomicahg, yes I did19:42
LaneyThat made it sound to me like your package is something else.19:43
cody-somervillecfalco, I also note that it looks like you're an uploader for the package in Debian but you uploaded 0.144-0ubuntu1 to Ubuntu and then Debian did their own packaging of the new upstream a few months later. Whats the reason for that?19:43
cfalcoLaney, mame and mess are different packages; I had never the chance to package it for ubuntu, the debian team arrived first ;)19:44
cfalcocodi-somerville, we've been working on different ways until 0.144, we've joined forces starting with 0.14519:45
cfalco0.145 is still different because we had to take some time to merge our debian/ tree19:45
=== pangolin is now known as quantal
cody-somervillemame and mess both show you merging Ubuntu packaging into the Debian packaging in version 0.142-2 which was uploaded 12 May 2011. What sort of collaboration have you had with them since then?19:46
cfalcoLaney, mess is a derivative from  mame, for a long time it has been distributed in an incremental form to be applied to the mame source tree, which puzzled me a lot19:47
micahgcfalco: if one moves files between packages, what are the required changes for debian/control?19:47
LaneyIt was the /too/ that confused me19:47
Laneybut I get it now.19:47
Laneyafter answering micahg, can you quickly outline our major freezes and how they affect the uploads you'll make?19:48
cfalcocody-somerville, I know they started their package from an old version of mine, then they got in touch and we started to work together to make things good both for debian and ubuntu19:50
cfalcomicahg, sorry I didn't get it... what are you referring to please?19:50
micahgcfalco: if files move from mame-common to mame, what changes do you need to make in debian/control19:51
cfalcomicahg, just change the dependencies I guess? :blush:19:52
=== quantal is now known as pangolin
bdrungthat's not enough19:53
micahgcfalco: dpkg will warn if you're trying to overwrite files in another package unless you tell it something about the package relationship19:53
micahgs/warn/error out/19:54
cfalcoLaney, freezes come when a new "stable" mame release occur; you can note on mame site that several "u"(nstable) releases are issued between them; these are not suitable for inclusion in the repos because they are often alpha and seldom break something19:54
LaneyI was referring to Ubuntu freezes19:55
Laneyi.e. can you just upload a new mame release whenever it happens to come or do you need to take something else into consideration?19:55
cfalcoLaney, do you mean if I'm aware of the release cycle?19:56
tumbleweedyes, he does :)19:56
Laneypretty much19:56
micahgcfalco: any further thoughts on my question after the comment I made?19:58
cfalcoLaney, yes I do, I also had to ask for an exception for btpd to fix a bug if I recall correctly19:58
micahgcfalco: go ahead and answer Laney first19:58
cfalcomicahg, well on debian/control I can't think on anything more at present, I surely had to change other files in debian/ to allow the files to reach the correct packages19:59
micahgcfalco: right, but there's something about the package relationships that are defined in debian/control that you'd have to add or modify20:00
cfalcoLaney, I'll have to read some more about the debian import process20:00
Laneywell, why did you have to ask for an exception for btpd?20:01
cfalcoLaney, I added the logrotate file if I can recall correctly20:02
cfalcomicahg, do you mean that I have to manage the package renaming (conflicts/replaces/provides)?20:03
cfalco(apologies for mistakes, you may have guessed english is not my mother tongue)20:04
micahgcfalco: yes, can you elaborate20:04
LaneyI'll put it more directly: do you know what Feature Freeze is?20:04
cfalcomicahg, I had to rename former sdlmame to mame when they merged sources upstream, so I know how to do this... but to be honest, I can't state this by heart, sorry :(20:08
cfalcoLaney, FF is the day by wich you have to upload the upgraded/new packages. After FF you can't but for very important reason20:08
cfalcoI'm also aware that a similar deadline exists named Debian Import Freeze or something similar, which I'll have to  consider from now on20:09
tumbleweedDIF shouldn't get in the way of any work. It's just the point where autosyncs stop20:10
bdrungcfalco: what changes with the debian import freeze?20:10
Laneycorrect, although "very important" is a bit strong - any upload which only fixes bugs is acceptable20:10
tumbleweedand other things are acceptable too, with justification20:11
barrycfalco: are you aware of anybody else in ubuntu who is helping to maintain mame?  if so, how have you worked with them?20:11
cody-somervillecfalco, If you're uncertain about something, how would you go about finding out the answer / getting help?20:11
cfalcomicahg, I'll try saying that if I move files from mame-common to mame -> mame will have to provide mame-common and to conflict with it to force removal of the deprecated package, and also provide it to allow smooth transition to the new package20:13
micahgcfalco: ok, what if only some files move20:13
cfalcobdrung, I'll have to match DIF starting with 12.10, I still haven't synced it at present20:14
cody-somervilleWe're now running out of time. Does the board wish to vote now or ask cfalco to return to continue interview at later meeting?20:14
cfalcoLaney, aknowledged :)20:14
bdrungcfalco: what needs to be done to get a package synced after DIF, but before the feature freeze?20:16
micahg+1 on continue later20:16
Laneyyes please let's defer20:16
* bdrung agrees.20:17
barry+1 for deferring20:17
tumbleweedyeah, I'm with that20:17
LaneyI feel like this is harder due to you not being a native speaker of English20:17
micahgnext time, we should try to limit it to one active question at a time to ease this I think20:17
cfalcoLaney, yes I agree... it's difficult for me :(20:17
cody-somervillecfalco, Are you open to coming to the next (or later) DMB meeting to continue interview?20:18
cfalcocody-somerville, of course :)20:18
barrycfalco: thanks for sticking with it!20:18
cody-somervillecfalco, Great. Please update the date next to your entry in the agenda with the date of the next meeting you'll be able to attend.20:18
cfalcothanks to all for you patience and your work! :)20:18
cody-somervillecfalco, Thank you!20:19
micahgcfalco: thank you for your patience and work as well20:19
cody-somerville#topic AOB20:19
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
cfalcocody-somerville, ok20:19
cody-somervilleQuick Note. The next DMB meeting will take place during UDS.20:20
tumbleweedwe're going to schedule a meeting. Any prefences on day/time?20:20
bdrungwhich time slot and which timezone?20:20
cody-somervilletumbleweed, any time during Eastern work day works for me.20:20
bdrungtumbleweed: which time zone?20:21
=== Cees_ is now known as Cees
barrytimezone will be utc-720:21
* tumbleweed doesn't know the process for scheduling meetings, I tried to get micahg to do the paperwork :)20:21
micahgyeah, I can do that20:21
cody-somerville#action tumbleweed to ensure micahg gets things sorted for UDS meeting20:21
meetingologyACTION: tumbleweed to ensure micahg gets things sorted for UDS meeting20:21
barryi think we just need to file a blueprint and make all of us essential participants20:21
cody-somervilleanything else?20:22
tumbleweeddo we also want a UDS session?20:22
Laneyfor those you might not get conf call equipment in the room AFAIK20:22
diwicmaybe you can schedule it as a "private meeting"20:22
LaneyI believe we can ask Marianna to sort that out20:22
barrytumbleweed: i think we should take the opportunity to discuss things we might be able to do to make the process better for ourselves and applications20:22
micahgonce I know who will be there, I can arrange it20:22
cody-somervillebarry, tumbleweed: I'm open to that provided we have something prepared and ready to discuss20:23
bdrungdue to the timezone, i would prefer a meeting before 14 o'clock local time20:24
barrybdrung: i believe that works out to 9am us/pacific time20:25
micahgwell, the earliest meeting used to be ~12:00 UTC, you're suggesting 11:00 UTC20:25
micahgbarry: no, 14:00 local for him is 05:00 US/Pacific20:25
bdrung14:00 local for uds (-> 23:00 local for me)20:26
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Apr 23 20:26:33 2012 UTC.20:26
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-23-19.06.moin.txt20:26
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-23-19.06.html20:26
barrycody-somerville: thanks!20:26
=== lamont` is now known as lamont

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!