=== meetingology` is now known as meetingology
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== head_v is now known as head_victim
=== ronnoc_ is now known as ronnoc
=== Mkaysi_ is now known as Mkays
=== Mkays is now known as Mkaysi
bencerwhen does the DMB meeting start?15:28
tumbleweedbencer: 19:00 UTC https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda15:55
benceryup, just saw it, thanks tumbleweed, i'll be arround here for my PerPackage application16:11
* sbeattie o/18:17
micahgat least I don't have to chair this one :)18:17
micahgor do I?18:19
* micahg looks around for jdstrand18:19
jjohansenmicahg: thanks for volunteering :)18:20
micahgjjohansen: I'm already doing one, what's two?18:20
jjohansenmicahg: just teasing we should wait for jdstrand even if you were running it18:20
micahgI know :)18:21
jdstrandok, sorry18:22
jdstrandI called the meeting then didn't show up :)18:23
jdstrandthat is pretty lame18:23
meetingologyMeeting started Mon May 21 18:23:15 2012 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:23
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:23
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:18:23
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:23
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:23
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first18:23
jdstrandI am on triage this week18:23
jdstrandmdeslaur and I will be finishing the work items review this week18:24
jdstrandI will be publishing a libxml2 update today or tomorrow18:24
jdstrandI have several pending updates I am working on18:24
jdstrandand then an embargoed issue18:24
jdstrandI'm hitting small work items here and there, and have started ufw python3 port (over the weekend, but may poke at it some this week)18:25
jdstrandmdeslaur is off today. I know he is working on pending updates. he is in the happy place18:26
jdstrandsbeattie: you're up18:26
sbeattieI'm on community this week18:26
sbeattieI've also got a few updates in progress.18:26
sbeattieI'm also planning on apparmor work this week.18:27
sbeattieI think that's it for me.18:27
sbeattiemicahg: you're next18:27
jdstrandsbeattie: are those apparmor work items, the SRU or some combination?18:28
sbeattiejdstrand: SRU + work items, yes.18:29
micahgI've got patch piloting today, webkit update for precise this week, apparmor profile fixes for Firefox/Thunderbird (SRU for lucid-precise), will do earlier in the week so as not to block sbeattie, and chromium's build is broke ATM, so I need to dig into that as there's a pending update18:29
jdstrandawesome, thanks :)18:29
micahgI guess that's it for me18:30
tyhicksI'm in the happy place this week18:30
tyhicksIt is a short week for me since I'm off Friday18:31
tyhicksI took on a sudo update and a sudo feature backport last week, so I've still got my eCryptfs work that I planned on doing last week18:31
tyhicksI imagine that getting caught up on eCryptfs bug fixes and the kernel merge window will soak up most of my week. I've got a few bug fixes that have patches written, I just haven't had a chance to test and push them upstream.18:32
tyhicksIf I do get through all of that early, I've got a pidgin update that is pending in the testing stage.18:32
tyhicks(I see a reoccuring theme here :)18:33
tyhicksThat's it for me18:33
tyhicksjjohansen: You're up18:33
* jjohansen needs to work with sbeattie on releasing apparmor 2.8 this week, there are a couple of minor patches to finish up/test finish. /me also needs to finish going through work items and sticking time estimates on them. After that its back to resurrecting prototypes, dbus, cgroups, env filtering18:33
jjohansenI think that is about it jdstrand back to you?18:34
jdstrandjjohansen: how did the quantal kernel fixes go?18:34
jjohansenjdstrand: oh those look good, thanks for the kick I forgot to push them on the weekend18:35
* jjohansen will do that first18:35
* jjohansen got side tracked bug hunting18:35
* jdstrand wasn't trying to kick, just curious :)18:35
jjohansennah, is good18:36
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages18:36
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.18:37
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.18:37
jdstranddid that slightly out of order...18:37
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:37
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandThere are a lot of merge opportunities for packages listed in http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/d2u/. Performing these updates is a great way to help Ubuntu and bolster your developer application.18:37
jdstrandI also had two other things18:37
jdstrand1. jjohansen has too many work items. once he gives time estimates mdeslaur and I will look at them and then probably discuss as a team how to proceed (eg, Roadmap 'low' ones or reassign some)18:38
jdstrand(mdeslaur will lead that effort)18:38
jdstrand2. the desktop team approached me about testing mozilla releases before upstream release day18:39
jdstrand(fyi micahg ^)18:39
jdstrandI said that this is the plan and that we have work items in place to achieve this18:39
micahgthey do realize this is one day, right?18:40
jdstrandmicahg: no, test the images for they tag them18:40
jdstrandlike we said, we build them automatically18:40
micahgjdstrand: huh?18:40
jdstrandwhen it gets close, we test18:40
jdstrands/for they/before they/18:40
micahgyes, I mean there is only 1 work day to do this still (builds are tagged on Friday), yes, it's possible18:41
jdstrandeg, the release every 6 weeks18:41
jdstrandat 5 weeks, we can have testable packages18:41
micahgno, we can't18:41
micahgthey push out fixes in the final week18:41
* jdstrand nods18:41
micahgthe beta PPA is for people to test18:41
jdstrandthe beta ppa is on 15 or something now, no?18:42
micahgideally, people are running the beta and reporting issues along the way so my final testing is basically a rubber stamp18:42
mdeslaurtest = look at 20 screenshots18:42
micahgif I catch anything in my testing, it's too late anyways18:42
micahgyeah, once we have the automated testing screenshots, I think I'll run that against the beta PPA weekly, that should improve things18:43
micahgs/improve/catch things earlier/18:43
jdstrandI would still argue that testing twice, once a week before and one day of would still be better than testing a day or two after18:43
jdstrandeven if it is not automated yet18:43
jdstrandbut anyway18:43
micahgsure, I can QA the beta the week before18:43
jdstrandin this particular instance, that asked if we could test early (ie, twice) to catch anything for the point release18:44
jdstrandmicahg: can you coordinate that with the desktop team-- ie the exact timing)18:44
micahgthe point release is in 3 months, we'll have 2 more releases before that18:44
jdstrandmicahg: you might also mention the beta ppa-- I mentioned it, but they ones I saw were way past '13'-- they were on 1518:45
micahg12.04.1 will get FIrefox 1418:45
sbeattiejdstrand: is there ay possibility of getting QA resources to assist?18:45
jdstrandmicahg: yes, I know-- but they asked for this to happen in a couple of weeks. can you coordinate/clarify what they need?18:45
* jdstrand is trying not to be the middle-man18:46
micahgjdstrand: sure, who's the contact for that?18:46
jdstrandseb128 asked me-- I imagine either him or chris18:46
micahgsbeattie: I asked QA a while back to start running QRT, maybe I can get them to review the results more frequently once we have the screenshotting capability18:46
jdstrandsbeattie: well, now that we are on rapid release, we don't have the big call for testing-- everything is just a 'regular' update18:47
micahgjdstrand: I think he meant help with testing :)18:47
jdstrandand all they are asking for is us to do our regular testing by some point18:47
sbeattiejdstrand: what micahg said, not just calls for testing.18:47
jdstrand(see last statement)18:47
jdstrandand since that regular testing is something we should be doing anyway, I said 'ok'18:48
jdstrandanyhoo, this is a little more complicated than it has to be. desktop team needs tests to happen be a certain date. if micahg can ascertain the date and do the testing, that would be great. everything else is executing our work items18:49
jdstrandI think that is it18:52
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:52
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon May 21 18:57:23 2012 UTC.18:57
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-05-21-18.23.moin.txt18:57
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-05-21-18.23.html18:57
jdstrandmdeslaur, sbeattie, micahg, tyhicks, jjohansen: thanks!18:57
micahgthanks jdstrand18:57
sbeattiejdstrand: thank you!18:57
jjohansenthanks jdstrand18:57
jdstrandah, one more thing:19:00
jdstrandFelix Geyer (debfx) provided a debdiff for pidgin-otr (LP: #1000363)19:01
jdstrandYour work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job! :)19:01
ubottubdrung, cody-somerville, Laney, micahg, barry, tumbleweed, stgraber: DMB ping19:01
* stgraber waves19:02
bencerhi all, bencer here for the DMB meeting19:02
micahgwe need one more for quorum19:02
* bdrung waves19:03
meetingologyMeeting started Mon May 21 19:04:24 2012 UTC.  The chair is micahg. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.19:04
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired19:04
micahg#topic Review of previous action items19:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Review of previous action items
micahgI don't seem to recall any that need discussing and the wiki isn't showing any either19:05
micahganyone have anything to discuss WRT this?19:05
* micahg takes that as a no, moving on19:06
stgraberI think we took care of all past actions during the last meeting, that's unless we count the recuring action for cody-somerville to write that wiki page on testimonials, but this one has been there for more than 6 months now :)19:06
* micahg also has a recurring action item that he'll get to next week19:06
micahg#topic Cesare Falco PPU19:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Cesare Falco PPU
micahgcfalco: are you around?19:07
cfalcohi all!19:07
micahg#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/c.falco/DeveloperApplication19:07
* tumbleweed looks for an IRC log for the previous conversation19:07
micahg#link http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/04/23/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t19:3519:08
tumbleweedah, thanks19:08
micahgcfalco: so, continuing from last time, if a few files moved from one package to another, let's say mame -> mame-common, what changes would need to made to the packaging to accommodate this19:11
micahg*to be made19:11
bdrungmicahg: your question is a reminder for me for the vlc PPA package. ;)19:11
cfalco@micahg: what's vlc? :o19:12
meetingologycfalco: Error: "micahg:" is not a valid command.19:12
micahgcfalco: vlc is a package that bdrung maintains in Debian19:12
cfalcomicahg: what's vlc? :o19:12
cfalcoah ok :)19:13
cfalcomame should depend on mame-common19:13
cfalcoand maybe also a breaks or something, or dpkg could have trouble in removing mame before installing mame-common19:14
cfalcobut before doing anything I would check the debian policy ;)19:14
tumbleweedlet's assume you already had mame and mame-common, and so mame was already depending on mame-common19:14
tumbleweedbut you moved a file from mame to mame-common19:15
cfalcoI guess replace is only suitable when *all* files get moved19:15
micahgreplaces isn't what you think it would be19:17
micahgcfalco: do you know where to look up these things?19:19
cfalcomicahg: ok, so I assume I should use replace?19:19
cfalcomicahg: http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html19:19
=== jalcine is now known as Jacky
micahgwell, I'd like you to tell me the changes :) (and that's the right link)19:21
cfalcook both, replaces: and breaks: :$19:22
cfalcoand we were assuming depends: from the start19:22
cfalcoI must admit I thought replaces: is only suitable when *all* files are to be replaced19:23
micahgfor which packages and are they versioned?19:23
micahgcfalco: yeah, replaces is slightly counterintuitive from the non-packaging definition19:24
cfalcomicahg: the version I'm packaging... i.e I'm packaging mame-common 2.0: -> Replaces: mame (<< 2.00)19:25
cfalcowhere << is strictly less than iirc19:25
micahgcfalco: cool, thanks19:25
bdrungcfalco: which tools will you use to sync a package from Debian to Ubuntu?19:26
cfalcobdrung: I guess it's syncpackage, but I still have to read all the documentation on this19:27
bdrungcfalco: why not just use dput?19:28
cfalcobdrung: I see it preserves the checksums and I'm not sure dput would do that19:30
bdrungcfalco: dput can preserve the checksums, but it opens a window for errors. that's why using syncpackage is recommended.19:31
tumbleweedcfalco: are you subscribed to ubuntu-devel-announce?19:31
cfalconot yet19:32
tumbleweedplease do, it's where freezes are announced19:32
tumbleweed(amongst other useful things)19:32
cfalcotumbleweed: I'll do it for sure :D19:33
barrycfalco: i see that mame is out of sync b/w ubuntu and debian.  what are your plans for sync'ing them and how would you go about doing that?19:33
cfalcobarry: mame 0.146 has just been released today, it will mark the first release synced from Debian19:34
barrycfalco: cool.  do you foresee any reason for ubuntu to carry deltas from debian in the future?19:35
cfalcobarry: no, I'm working with the debian maintainers and we will make things suitable for both distros as much as we can19:36
barrycfalco: great, thanks19:36
bdrungcfalco: btpd is only available in Ubuntu. are there plans to get it into Debian?19:37
cfalcobdrung: no at present, but I'd like to. I find it very useful, but it seems nobody else is interested.19:38
bdrungcfalco: how did you come to the conclusion that nobody is interested?19:39
cfalcobdrung: is the utnubu team still  active? maybe I could find some help from them.19:40
cfalcobdrung: I have no feedbacks in ubuntu, let alone debian... ;)19:40
tumbleweedcfalco: there are a bunch of ubuntu people who are DDs. I'm working on a list that makes them easy to find19:41
cfalcotumbleweed: cool! is it in the wiki?19:41
bdrungcfalco: dunno if utnubu is still active, but debian mentors is up and running.19:41
micahgDEX has superseded utnubu for the most part AIUI19:42
micahgUbuntu DEX to be more specific19:42
tumbleweedyeah, you don't need ubuntu-developers to sponsor it, any debian sponsor will do. But obviously ubuntu people have extra motivation to help us get ubuntu packagesinto Debian19:42
tumbleweedthe list is here, but doesn't show who the DDs are yet http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~stefanor/debian-ubuntu-developers/19:43
cfalcoI see micahg is a DEX member, right? :)19:44
micahgyeah, with no Debian uploads19:44
* micahg needs to fix that19:44
micahgcfalco: are you familiar with how to request a freeze exception and when it's appropriate19:45
cfalcomicahg: i did it once for btpd, for a minor fix in a configuration file iirc19:46
cfalcoit was long ago, I'd need to check the wiki :$19:47
micahgcfalco: ok, you know where that is?19:47
cfalcomicahg: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess19:48
micahgcfalco: great19:48
micahgok, any more questions?19:48
bdrungcfalco: what changes with DIF?19:48
cfalcobdrung: after dif packages with differences between ubuntu and debian must be imported explicitly by a developer19:50
bdrungcfalco: are package with differences between ubuntu and debian synced automatically before the DIF?19:51
cfalcobdrung: I guess no, as the version is different19:52
cfalcoI mean the 0ubuntuNN suffix19:53
bdrungcfalco: then i have to ask again: what is the different before and after the DIF?19:53
bdrungbecause packages with 0ubuntuNN needs to be always synced manually19:54
bdrung(or merged)19:54
cfalcobdrung: I guess it's like the "main" freeze19:55
cfalcoI mean, before dif you sync the package19:56
cfalcoafter dif you ask something like a freeze exception19:56
bdrungno: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianImportFreeze19:56
bdrungnew versions of packages will be automatically imported from Debian where they have not been customized for Ubuntu19:57
bdrungthat's before the DIF and it needs to be done manually afterwards19:57
cfalcobdrung: so no syncpackage is required on a non-customised package before dif?19:57
bdrungyou are still allowed to sync packages with new features after DIF19:57
bdrungcfalco: exactly19:58
cfalcobdrung: great19:58
micahgthat is unless you have an immediate need in the devel release (bug fix needed immediately, FTBFS, NBS)19:58
cfalcoand should a new version be put in debian after dif I'll have to manually sync it in ubuntu, right?19:58
micahgok, we need to vote19:59
cfalcobdrung, micahg, tumbleweed: thanks!19:59
micahg#voters bdrung, cody-somerville, Laney, micahg, barry, tumbleweed, stgraber19:59
meetingologyCurrent voters: Laney barry bdrung cody-somerville micahg stgraber tumbleweed19:59
micahg#vote Cesare Falco PPU for btpd and mame20:00
meetingologyPlease vote on: Cesare Falco PPU for btpd and mame20:00
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)20:00
meetingology+1 received from Laney20:00
meetingology+1 received from tumbleweed20:00
meetingology+1 received from barry20:00
meetingology+1 received from bdrung20:00
meetingology+1 received from micahg20:01
micahgstgraber: ?20:01
stgraber+0 [would have liked to see better pre-meeting knowledge of the Ubuntu processes and freezes]20:01
meetingology+0 [would have liked to see better pre-meeting knowledge of the Ubuntu processes and freezes] received from stgraber20:01
meetingologyVoting ended on: Cesare Falco PPU for btpd and mame20:02
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:120:02
meetingologyMotion carried20:02
micahgcfalco: congratulations20:02
cfalcothanks anyone! :)20:02
micahg#action stgraber to give cfalco PPU for btpd and mame20:02
meetingologyACTION: stgraber to give cfalco PPU for btpd and mame20:02
micahg#action micahg to add cfalco to ubuntu-dev20:02
meetingologyACTION: micahg to add cfalco to ubuntu-dev20:02
micahg#topic PPU for Jorge Salamero Sanz20:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: PPU for Jorge Salamero Sanz
micahg#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JorgeSalamero/PerPackageDeveloperApplication20:04
micahgcfalco: one last thing, just want to encourage you to come to #ubuntu-motu with any questions20:04
stgrabermicahg: action done20:04
micahgstgraber: thanks20:04
micahgbencer: can you introduce yourself?20:04
bencerhi all20:05
bencerI'm Jorge Salamero aka bencer20:05
cfalcomicahg: sure, thank you! :)20:05
bencerI'm a DD since a few years already, now I'm working on eBox Technologies, the company behind Zentyal (previously eBox Platform)20:05
bencerI'm applying for PerPackage rights to upload zentyal packages to Universe, eventually main if we make it20:06
bencerI've been working on the packages, although is jacalvo, the product manager the one making the releases20:06
bencerand I also have pushed all the needed deps via Debian and then requesting the sync20:07
bencerI was in Oakland on the UDS, holding 4 sessions on Zentyal / Ubuntu integration20:07
bencerand seems that we made a good progress making people aware of Zentyal and for Q we have some blueprints we are going to work together with Edubuntu ppl20:08
bencerI think that's it :)20:08
bencermicahg: any questions?20:10
barrybencer: hi.  i noticed that zentyal is only in ubuntu currently.  you're a dd - why isn't zentyal in debian?20:11
bencerbarry: zentyal uses some ubuntu specific stuff20:11
bencerlike upstart, appamor and specially the versions of the packages20:12
benceri always say that would take 3-4 days work to make it fully working on debian20:12
micahgupstart and apparmor are in Debian (not entirely functional yet, but that's a WIP)20:12
bencerbut we dont have the time20:12
benceri know, its wip20:12
micahgonce they are updated and available and working, would you then be interested in pushing this work up?20:13
bencerbut probably the biggest issue is that our versions depend on ubuntu versions20:13
barrybencer: but if someone contributed changes to make it possible, would you sponsor it into debian?20:13
bencerwe are working a lot on getting more contributors20:13
micahgI'm glad to see the dependencies at least pushed to Debian which lays the ground work for someone to do the last mile bit20:14
bencerdue the philosophy of zentyal, most of our community are sysadmins with not developers/integrators20:14
bencermicahg: yes, we always do that, we want to contribute as much as we can to debian/ubuntu20:14
bencerwe have sent some patches to asterisk20:14
bencerfilled bugs to launchpad on per daily basis (almost) :)20:15
bencerand some contributions to samba4 are on the way20:15
tumbleweedbencer: I seem to recall that the zentyl packages have only had a single upload so far20:16
tumbleweedwhich required a bit of back and forth for sponsorship20:16
tumbleweedare you confident in yoru ability to maintain them from here?20:16
bencerok, sorry guys, i had some problems with the charger, im back20:18
bencertumbleweed: what happened is that in the past, was a volunteer/unofficial upload20:18
tumbleweedwhat has changed since then?20:19
bencernow one of our project goals is to get the best integration with the ubuntu ecosystem we can get20:19
bencerso we have official resources=time, to invest in ubuntu20:19
benceralso this is not a new upload, but a rename of the packages20:19
bencerin the past the packages were ebox-*20:19
bencernow they are zentyal-*20:19
tumbleweedyeah, I seem to recall that Breaks + Replaces was missing in the rename20:19
benceryeah, that was fixed on time :)20:20
micahgbencer: yes, but you also only had one round of the ebox packages, and that was a year previous20:20
tumbleweedI assume we can expect some more frequent uploads now?20:20
benceryes, i've not too much to say about the previous packages20:20
bencertumbleweed: yes, i can show you more than words20:20
tumbleweedbencer: you are subscribed to ubuntu-devel-announce?20:21
bencerthis commit fixes one of the reported issues on launchpad20:21
bencerto the packages we uploaded20:22
bencerwe are going to discuss if it should go to SRU or not20:22
bencertumbleweed: sure20:22
benceralso security, -server, -edu and -doc20:22
bencersince we have a chapter in the ubuntu-server-guide20:23
bdrungbencer: why are the packages all native packages?20:23
bencerbdrung: this has been a hot point20:24
bencerwe consider zentyal as an ubuntu only software20:24
benceris tied to ubuntu software like i said (upstart, apparmor, etc)20:24
bencerand is tied to specific versions included in ubuntu20:24
bencerour configuration templates are tested with the versions on ubuntu20:25
bdrungother packages are tied to upstart and apport too, but aren't native20:25
bencernot with any squid or dansguardian versions for example20:25
bencerbdrung: imho we can find reasons to push in both directions, native and non-native20:25
benceraccording to the policy, we define ourselves as native, and we are native20:26
bencertrue that we could be non-native20:26
bencerbut current status is as it is20:26
bencermaybe the day someone contributes debian support, we can evaluate going to non-native20:26
bdrungbut with more maintenance power it could become non-native with supporting other distros?20:26
bencerbut at the moment, we only run on ubuntu, so we are native :)20:26
bencercould be, but the company is not interested in supporting other distros20:27
bencerso that would be community contributions20:27
bdrungyou wrote that you dislike when Debian and Ubuntu packaging are different without justification20:27
bdrungdo you have examples for it?20:27
bencerin the past asterisk, at the moment i dont know the status20:28
benceri think they are the same now20:28
micahgno, we still have a diff20:28
bencerif eventuall we want zentyal in debian20:28
bencerhaving the packages we use, be as similar as possible, would help a lot20:29
bencerbut again, i dont see debian support close, maitenance of it wouldnt be easy neither20:29
benceras the release cycles of both doesnt fit20:29
bdrungbencer: any ideas to reduce the amount of differences? do you work on getting the differences reduced?20:29
bencerbdrung: our first goal was to get the zentyal packages on a good shape in precise20:30
bencernow our goal is going to be to contribute patches to make all the services we depend on, use upstart20:30
benceralso some contributions are in the roadmap, like sssd support on auth-client-config20:31
bencerreducing the differences was a personal thing, more than something scheduled on the roadmap20:31
micahgbencer: are you aware of the various freezes in Ubuntu and how they might affect your ability to upload?20:32
bencermicahg: we already had to deal with that20:33
bencerzentyal packages got uploaded with a feature freeze exception20:33
micahgbencer: ok, what about the milestone freezes, if for example, edubuntu would have an image with zentyal on it20:34
benceryup, our internal planification is done with the wiki page of release timeline next to us20:34
micahgso, if zentyal were on and Edubuntu image, would you be able to upload a new version on June 6?20:36
benceryup, actually we plan to upload something close to our zentyal 3.0rc20:36
benceri already discussed this with jacalvo, in charge of the releases20:37
bencerbut as this schedule was published a few days ago, still we dont have detailed plan20:37
bencerbut we are totally aware of the dates20:37
micahgbencer: I'm not so sure :), June 6 is relevant for uploads on images, do you know why?20:38
highvoltageyeah we talked about it in the edubuntu session, so the actual upload after the freeze would just be a minor bug fix upload20:38
bencermicahg: probably to deal with images sizes?, but i dont know exactly why20:39
bencerhaving upload privileges will help to be faster uploading packages20:40
micahgbencer: for alphas, the archive is soft frozen, any uploads for sources that affect images needs to be coordinated with teh release team20:40
benceralso rebuilding all the images take time, so a change in on of the packages forces a complete rebuild20:40
micahgso, given that, would you still upload a new version on June 6?20:41
benceronly if a critical bug is found that forces us to do so20:42
bencerbut will try our best to have everything before ready20:42
micahgbencer: what would you do if you found a bug that needed to be uploaded?20:42
benceralso i cound with the support of more experienced people like highvoltage or jamespage (or last sponsor)20:42
bencerso we will be asking for advice to them when in doubt20:43
bencerwell, as this will be because edubuntu, first of all i will discuss about the bug with edubuntu people20:43
bencerand if we dont have any other option that request a new upload20:44
bencerfile a bug and explain the release team the situation20:44
micahgbencer: are you subscribed to ubuntu-devel-announce?20:44
bencerall announces about release dates are sent there20:45
micahgbencer: do you envision more people wanting to apply for upload rights to these packages?20:45
bencerjacalvo in the future too, so i'm not the only one, in case i'm super busy with something else20:46
benceralso i plan to ask for motu once i'm more experienced with the ubuntu workflows, which are different to the debian ones i'm used to and i know well20:46
micahgok, I'd like to create a packageset with those packages in it then20:46
bencerthis way we will be able to work more on depends20:47
bencerbut that will be after we start contributing patches to these packages, doesnt make sense to do it now20:47
micahgbencer: do you have a description we can use for that packageset to determine what belongs in it?  (is zentyal-* sufficient?)20:47
bencerthere is an other one20:47
micahg(we still have to vote on the packageset and your rights as well)20:47
bdrungzbuildtools does not match zentyal-*20:48
micahgbencer: right, I see zbuildtools as well (I mean for future additions that won't require coming back to the DMB to be added)20:48
micahgso, we'll take 2 votes, one on the packageset and one for bencer to upload to it20:49
micahg#vote create a zentyal packageset with zbuildtools, zentyal-ca, zentyal-common, zentyal-core, zentyal-dhcp, zentyal-dns, zentyal-firewall, zentyal-network, zentyal-ntp, zentyal-objects, zentyal-openvpn, zentyal-printers, zentyal-samba, zentyal-services, zentyal-squid, zentyal-users as the initial packages and zentyal-* for the addition criteria20:49
meetingologyPlease vote on: create a zentyal packageset with zbuildtools, zentyal-ca, zentyal-common, zentyal-core, zentyal-dhcp, zentyal-dns, zentyal-firewall, zentyal-network, zentyal-ntp, zentyal-objects, zentyal-openvpn, zentyal-printers, zentyal-samba, zentyal-services, zentyal-squid, zentyal-users as the initial packages and zentyal-* for the addition criteria20:49
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)20:49
meetingology+1 received from barry20:49
meetingology+1 received from bdrung20:49
meetingology+1 received from micahg20:49
meetingology+1 received from stgraber20:50
micahgLaney: ?20:50
Laney+0 // sorry, I've dropped the ball on this one and not been paying attention20:50
meetingology+0 // sorry, I've dropped the ball on this one and not been paying attention received from Laney20:50
micahgwe have a +1 from tumbleweed also20:50
meetingologyVoting ended on: create a zentyal packageset with zbuildtools, zentyal-ca, zentyal-common, zentyal-core, zentyal-dhcp, zentyal-dns, zentyal-firewall, zentyal-network, zentyal-ntp, zentyal-objects, zentyal-openvpn, zentyal-printers, zentyal-samba, zentyal-services, zentyal-squid, zentyal-users as the initial packages and zentyal-* for the addition criteria20:51
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:120:51
meetingologyMotion carried20:51
micahg#action micahg to create LP team related to the new packageset20:51
meetingologyACTION: micahg to create LP team related to the new packageset20:51
micahg#action stgraber to create the packageset and make the new team the uploader of it20:51
meetingologyACTION: stgraber to create the packageset and make the new team the uploader of it20:51
micahg#action micahg to document the packageset20:52
meetingologyACTION: micahg to document the packageset20:52
micahg#vote Jorge Salamero Sanz for upload rights to the zentyal packageset20:52
meetingologyPlease vote on: Jorge Salamero Sanz for upload rights to the zentyal packageset20:52
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)20:52
meetingology+1 received from bdrung20:52
meetingology+1 received from barry20:53
meetingology+1 received from stgraber20:53
meetingology+0 received from Laney20:54
bdrungwe have a +1 from tumbleweed also20:55
tumbleweed+1 (I'm back)21:00
meetingology+1 (I'm back) received from tumbleweed21:00
micahg+0 conditionally that bencer reviews the freeze process again with stgraber (I would have liked to have seen more go arounds for a +1, there were only 2 uploads of the set a year apart)21:01
meetingology+0 conditionally that bencer reviews the freeze process again with stgraber (I would have liked to have seen more go arounds for a +1, there were only 2 uploads of the set a year apart) received from micahg21:01
meetingologyVoting ended on: Jorge Salamero Sanz for upload rights to the zentyal packageset21:01
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:221:01
meetingologyMotion carried21:01
micahgbencer: congratulations21:01
benceryay! thanks!!21:01
micahg#action stgraber to review the freeze process with bencer21:02
meetingologyACTION: stgraber to review the freeze process with bencer21:02
micahg#action micahg to add bencer to zentyal packageset21:02
meetingologyACTION: micahg to add bencer to zentyal packageset21:02
micahg#topic AOB21:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
micahgnext chair?21:03
tumbleweedlooks like I am21:03
tumbleweedalso, membership monitoring still broken21:03
micahg#action tumbleweed to chair the next meeting21:03
tumbleweedplease action me to fix it21:03
meetingologyACTION: tumbleweed to chair the next meeting21:03
micahg#action tumbleweed to fix membership monitoring script21:04
meetingologyACTION: tumbleweed to fix membership monitoring script21:04
micahganything else?21:04
bdrungthe early meeting time21:05
micahgah, right, do we have any results?21:05
Laneycody needs to reply21:05
Laneyand BDRUNG!21:05
Laneyhowever the only time left now is thursday 1pm21:06
micahg#action cody-somerville and bdrung to vote in early meeting poll21:06
meetingologyACTION: cody-somerville and bdrung to vote in early meeting poll21:06
micahganything else?21:06
bdrungLaney: i did21:07
bdrungmaybe i failed in submitting it. i failed to understand this website21:07
Laneythe website doesn't agree21:08
micahgok, we can take this out of meeting, anything else?21:08
bdrungi have no time Thursdays21:09
bdrung(only after 14 utc)21:09
bdrungwrong: only after 15 utc21:09
micahgok, let's take the meeting time to the list, we can announce it later21:11
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon May 21 21:12:46 2012 UTC.21:12
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-05-21-19.04.moin.txt21:12
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-05-21-19.04.html21:12
barrythanks micahg !21:12
micahgthanks everyone21:13
cfalco #quit21:37

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!