=== smb` is now known as smb
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== Guest33157 is now known as Adri2000
=== wet-chan is now known as wet
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
ubottubdrung, cody-somerville, Laney, micahg, barry, tumbleweed, stgraber: DMB ping14:02
* barry pongs14:02
* stgraber waves14:02
* jbicha waves14:03
* Laney wonders where in the world tumbleweed is now14:03
tumbleweedaha, so I am chairing14:04
tumbleweedLaney: london!14:04
Laneyjoy of joys14:06
tumbleweedthat's 3 so far14:06
* micahg is here :)14:06
tumbleweedoh 414:06
tumbleweed5 even14:06
micahgI think bdrung and cody-somerville both said they'd be unavailable, so that's probably as good as we'll get14:07
tumbleweedsorry, bunch of stuff going on aronud me right now14:08
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Jun  4 14:09:03 2012 UTC.  The chair is tumbleweed. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.14:09
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired14:09
tumbleweed#topic Review of previous action items14:09
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Review of previous action items
tumbleweedstgraber to give cfalco PPU for btpd and mame14:10
micahgthat's done14:10
tumbleweedmicahg to add cfalco to ubuntu-dev14:10
tumbleweedmicahg to create LP team related to the new packageset14:10
tumbleweedstgraber to create the packageset and make the new team the uploader of it14:10
tumbleweedmicahg to document the packageset14:10
micahgnot yet14:10
tumbleweedstgraber to review the freeze process with bencer14:11
stgraberpoked highvoltage about it, not sure of exact status14:11
tumbleweedmicahg to add bencer to zentyal packageset14:11
tumbleweedtumbleweed to chair the next meeting <- doing14:11
tumbleweedtumbleweed to fix membership monitoring script <- done14:12
stgraberbencer has been added to the zentyal packageset14:12
micahgadded to packageset (done)14:12
tumbleweedcody-somerville and bdrung to vote in early meeting poll14:12
* tumbleweed doesn't have the link for that to hand14:13
Laneythey aren't here, so it probably doesn't matter to much :P14:13
tumbleweedaha, bt appears only cody-somerville still needs to14:14
tumbleweedok, on to applications14:14
tumbleweed#chair stgraber14:15
meetingologyCurrent chairs: stgraber tumbleweed14:15
* tumbleweed hands the chari to stgraber while I run down the road to a pub. will pick up from there14:15
stgraberright, so applications (/me loads the agenda)14:15
stgraber#topic Ubuntu Contributing Developer Applications - Juan Negron14:16
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Contributing Developer Applications - Juan Negron
tumbleweedjbicha first, I think14:16
tumbleweedoh, too late :)14:16
stgrabernegronjl: around?14:16
* stgraber gives negronjl a minute, then will go with jbicha 14:17
stgraber#topic MOTU Applications - Jeremy Bicha14:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: MOTU Applications - Jeremy Bicha
stgraberjbicha: around?14:18
stgraberhey, can you introduce yourself quickly? (I think we all know you, but still ... :))14:19
jbichaI help package GNOME with the Ubuntu Desktop Team and I maintain ubuntu-docs.14:19
jbichaI'm applying for MOTU because some GNOME-related stuff is in universe & not really suitable for the desktop-extra packageset14:21
jbichaMOTU also is nice for getting new stuff into Ubuntu, and for the other interesting universe packages14:22
Laneyhrm, unofficial stuff I guess?14:22
LaneyNothing you'd need for the new flavour, for example/14:22
jbichathe new GNOME flavor if approved would probably overlap with the desktop-extra set14:23
LaneyI hope we can keep it contained within main + desktop-extra14:23
jbichabut there will still be universe stuff I'm interested in that won't be in either of those two sets14:24
micahgjbicha: how much experience have you had with non-GNOME related packaging14:24
jbichawhat I mean is that I'm not sure we need the desktop-extra set if we have a "gnomebuntu" set14:24
micahgwell, also, if there's a new flavor, there's a new seed metapackage (and desktop-extra might disappear)14:25
Laneyif it comes with a fancy auto generated package set, that is very possible14:26
jbichamicahg: most of what I've worked on has been GNOME, but I've occasionally worked with other things14:27
jbichamy first Ubuntu upload was for moodle for instance & I worked with the kabikaboo maintainer to get that into Debian & then Ubuntu14:28
jbichakabikaboo is a python app for writing novels and such14:29
jbichathe GNOME stuff usually uses cdbs but I'm fairly comfortable with dh7 as well14:30
micahgjbicha: is there any reason why you only have one endorsement?14:32
jbichamicahg: I didn't do a good job of finding endorsements14:33
jbichafor universe stuff, it looks like dholbach did most of the sponsoring14:34
* dholbach hugs jbicha :)14:34
dholbachas long as i can remember I never had to ask jbicha to re-do any of his work14:35
dholbachit was AFAICR tip top work14:35
Laneyjbicha: Do you think you'll get involved with other stuff MOTU does?14:36
dholbachand he has had upload rights for desktop related stuff for quite a while14:36
* ScottK feels comfortable with jbicha as MOTU as well.14:36
jbichaLaney: what other stuff?14:36
Laneymentoring initiatives, sponsoring and stuff like that14:36
LaneyQA activities especially nearer the release14:36
* tumbleweed returns14:37
jbichayes I'd like to sponsor more stuff, getting new contributors included is important14:37
jbichaI look at the nbs and ftbfs trackers and try to fix things where I can14:39
Laneythe active team is pretty small these days, so people are always needed to pitch in with the leg work14:39
barryjbicha: what's the best python build helper to use these days?14:39
jbichabarry: dh_python2 :)14:39
barryjbicha: good answer :)  from a technical (not process) point of view, how would you convert from say py_support or py_central to dh_py2?14:40
jbichaI basically follow the checklist at http://wiki.debian.org/Python/TransitionToDHPython214:41
jbicharemove pycentral and pysupport from debian/control and fix debian/rules14:41
barryjbicha: two-for-two :)  from a process point of view, how would you handle cases where the debian package uses pysupport or pycentral, but the ubuntu version wants to use dhpy2?14:42
jbichagenerally I'd try to get the change into Debian first14:43
barryjbicha: what if the debian maintainer doesn't want to use dhpy2, or doesn't respond after a reasonable amount of time?14:44
jbichawell python-support and pycentral are deprecated so the Debian maintainer ought to consider switching14:46
jbichaunless the package is shipped on a CD, I don't think dhpy2 alone is worth having a diff from Debian14:47
micahgjbicha: do you know how to tell if images are affected by your uploads?  (MOTU can break everything except for Desktop and Kubuntu ATM)14:47
barryjbicha: you're applying for motu, but do you think main v universe influences that decision?14:47
jbichaI've just learned to use seeded-in-ubuntu for that14:48
jbichabarry: yes, I don't think we want pysupport or pycentral in main at all and we would diverge from Debian to make that happen14:49
stgraberjbicha: are you subscribed to ubuntu-devel-announce and reading it at least daily?14:49
barryjbicha: thanks for your answers14:49
jbichastgraber: yes, I'm on too many mailing lists :)14:49
* barry thinks you can never be on too many mailing lists :)14:50
* micahg subscribes barry to lkml14:50
stgraberjbicha: good. Also, would you be allowed to upload non-critical changes to a seeded package in quantal today?14:51
jbichastgraber: it's probably a bad idea since we're trying to get Alpha 1 out the door this week14:51
stgrabergood :)14:53
stgrabersounds good14:56
Laneygo go co-chair14:56
stgraber#vote MOTU for jbicha14:56
meetingologyPlease vote on: MOTU for jbicha14:56
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)14:56
meetingology+1 received from stgraber14:56
meetingology+1 received from Laney14:57
micahg+0, would've liked to have seen more endorsements and more non-GNOME related work14:57
meetingology+0, would've liked to have seen more endorsements and more non-GNOME related work received from micahg14:57
meetingology+1 received from barry14:57
stgraberwaiting a bit longer for tumbleweed to reappear14:58
meetingology+1 received from tumbleweed14:58
meetingologyVoting ended on: MOTU for jbicha14:59
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:114:59
meetingologyMotion carried14:59
jbichathank you!15:00
barryjbicha: congrats!15:00
stgraberadded to the team15:01
Laneydholbach: get the publicity out!15:01
tumbleweed#topic Any other Business?15:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Any other Business?
tumbleweednegronjl still appears to be missing15:01
tumbleweed~rodrigo-moya appears to have expired from ubuntu-dev15:01
xnoxwell there isn't much time left anyway =)15:01
tumbleweedstgraber: can you remove his PPU rights?15:02
tumbleweedxnox: we have a nasty habit of running over15:02
* Laney warms the fire for xnox next time15:02
stgrabertumbleweed: yep15:02
tumbleweed(by an hour or so)15:02
tumbleweednext chair: stgraber?15:02
* xnox notes down to bring olive oil and herbs for Laney 15:02
Laneysounds good15:03
stgrabertumbleweed: sure15:03
tumbleweedanything else?15:03
barryxnox: are you cooking for us?  maybe we should make that a requirement for all applicants15:03
xnoxbarry: I believe Laney is setting me on fire, during the next meeting....15:04
stgrabertumbleweed: maybe I'm blind but I'm not seeing any PPU for jbicha, only membership in -desktop and -desktop-extra-dev15:04
tumbleweedstgraber: rodrigo-moya15:04
stgrabertumbleweed: ah!15:04
* stgraber should read more than just the hilights15:04
* tumbleweed mailed the list, abou tit15:05
stgrabertumbleweed: rodrigo is also still in ubuntu-desktop15:05
tumbleweedright. but he was in ubuntu-dev for PPU, so either we re-instate him into ubuntu-dev or remove the PPU rights15:06
stgraberok, removed15:06
stgraberhe just had two, couchdb-glib and evolution-couchdb15:06
tumbleweedgreat, thanks15:07
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Jun  4 15:07:16 2012 UTC.15:07
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-06-04-14.09.moin.txt15:07
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-06-04-14.09.html15:07
barrythanks tumbleweed15:07
tumbleweedthanks stgraber :)15:07
tumbleweedwelcome jbicha15:07
ScottKcongratulations jbicha.15:08
negronjlapologies for the "no show", I read 19:00 UTC instead of 14:00 UTC ... I'll add myself to the next meeting ... I'll make sure to read the correct time this time around :/15:50
=== nhandler_ is now known as nhandler
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Jun  4 18:00:52 2012 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:00
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:18:01
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:01
jdstrand[TOPIC] Review of any previous action items18:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Review of any previous action items
jdstrandACTION: desktop team requested that our regular mozilla testing happen by a certain date18:02
jdstrandmicahg: can you explain what came of this? ^18:02
micahgsure, we decided that we will do partial testing on weeks 4 and 5 of the 6 week mozilla cycle (ending up in full coverage) in order to catch any show stoppers before release week18:03
jdstrandmicahg: the sum of the partial testing is such that it is not more than 1 full test run. correct?18:04
jdstrandthat's great. it is consistent with what we wanted in terms of testing and also gives everyone more confidence all along18:05
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandmicahg: thanks18:05
jdstrandI'll go first18:05
jdstrandI'm in the happy place this week. I am focussing on updates and embargoed issues18:06
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up18:06
mdeslaurI'm on triage this week18:07
mdeslaurI just finished publishing update-manager18:07
mdeslaurand am currently working on bind918:07
mdeslaurI also have an embargoed issue to continue massive testing18:07
mdeslaurand have postgresql and mysql updates to publish too18:07
mdeslaurthat's it from me18:07
mdeslaursbeattie: you're up18:07
sbeattieI'm in the happy place this week18:07
sbeattieI have an embargoed issue on my plate.18:08
sbeattieI also need to start on the openjdk-6 backport to older releases18:08
sbeattieI'll try to pick up another update as well.18:09
sbeattiethat's it for me.18:09
sbeattiemicahg: you're up18:09
micahgMozilla release week (Firefox/Thunderbird), still working on Chromium, then webkit18:10
mdeslaurmicahg: what's the status with webkit?18:10
micahgumm...precise is ready, just waiting for me to grab the CVEs associated and upload18:11
micahganything else for me?18:13
mdeslaurwho's next? tyhicks?18:14
tyhicksI'm in the community role this week18:15
tyhicksDue to my shortened work week last week, I wasn't able to put the 'done' stamp on some of the things I was working on, so I need to put finishing touches on a few things still18:15
tyhicksThe eCryptfs zero-length file patches is one of those things18:16
tyhicksI'm in the process of reviewing a big eCryptfs patch that cking forward ported which really gives eCryptfs performance a huge boost18:17
tyhicksHe did just an awesome job of performance testing the patch on several different machines so I'm trying to get a quick response back to him18:17
tyhicksThe pidgin update is still pending18:18
tyhicksand I plan on starting the LUKS work item18:18
tyhicksthat's it18:18
tyhicksjjohansen: you're up18:18
jjohansenI have an embargo issue I am working on18:18
jjohansenI need to wrap up my kernel team base wi so I can mark them done18:18
jjohansenI will get back to finishing up the userspace policy matching wi18:18
jjohansenI think that is for /me jdstrand back to you18:19
jdstrandsbeattie: the last coupel weeks you had apparmor sru listed, but I didn't see it this week. does that mean it is done?18:21
sbeattiejdstrand: no, I need to work on that, too.18:22
jjohansenjdstrand: though if we are just pulling in patches, there may not be much to do18:23
* jjohansen should have added he needs to rewrite the apparmor release process notes before he forgets how, after the lp + bzr fun of the 2.8 release18:24
mdeslaurwho's going to push AA 2.8 to quantal?18:25
sbeattiejjohansen: do you have any more patches for the SRU?18:25
sbeattiemdeslaur: I can work on it.18:26
jjohansensbeattie: no not at this time, I have some regression test additions that aren't quite done etc, but nothing critical18:26
mdeslaursbeattie: cool18:26
sbeattiejjohansen: okay18:27
jjohansensbeattie: just stick with 2.8, and we can update with 2.8.1 later18:27
sbeattiejjohansen: sure18:28
sbeattie(for the SRU, I'm cherry-picking anyway)18:29
jdstrandok, shall we move on?18:30
mdeslauryes, thanks18:31
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages18:31
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.18:32
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.18:32
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandThere are a lot of merge opportunities for packages listed in http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/d2u/. Performing these updates is a great way to help Ubuntu and bolster your developer application.18:33
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:33
jdstrandmdeslaur, sbeattie, micahg, tyhicks, jjohansen: thanks!18:38
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Jun  4 18:38:42 2012 UTC.18:38
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-06-04-18.00.moin.txt18:38
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-06-04-18.00.html18:38
jjohansenthanks jdstrand18:38
sbeattiethanks jdstrand!18:39
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand18:40

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!