=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
bootlkjkgfmornin' All07:49
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|lunch
=== nik0 is now known as niko
=== mmrazik|lunch is now known as mmrazik
=== smartboyhw_ is now known as smartboyhw
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== mhall119_ is now known as mhall119
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
ubottubdrung, cody-somerville, Laney, micahg, barry, tumbleweed, stgraber: DMB ping14:03
tumbleweedwell, that's quorate, not that we have anything on the agenda14:04
smartboyhwOh what does !dmb-ping do/14:04
* stgraber waves14:05
tumbleweedit pings the developer membership board members14:05
tumbleweed#startmeeting Developer Membership Board14:05
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Sep 24 14:05:42 2012 UTC.  The chair is tumbleweed. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.14:05
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired14:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic:
tumbleweed#topic Review of previous action items14:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: Review of previous action items
tumbleweed#subtopic laney to delete network-manager packageset14:06
tumbleweedI assume that's blocked on my LP branch14:06
Laneyyeah, that14:06
Laneyhow's that going14:06
tumbleweednobody is reviewing it14:07
Laneynaughty OCR?14:07
micahgtumbleweed: have you tried to get someone in #launchpad-dev to review it?14:07
Laneyor nobody likes to touch soyuz?14:07
tumbleweedthe soyuz problem14:07
bdrungnobody want's to touch the old Russian technology? ;)14:08
tumbleweedrick_h punted to wgrant or SteveK, but neither of them have looked at i tyet14:08
Laneycjwatson: are you able to review LP MPs? ;-)14:09
cjwatsonLaney: No14:10
cjwatsonLaney: Nagging #launchpad-dev generally works for me14:10
Laneyapparently there's some kind of fear factor14:10
Laneyso it should be more targetted14:10
* tumbleweed shall nag harder14:10
tumbleweedit's a *trivial* patch14:10
cjwatsonLaney: Like I say, it works for me for my extremely Soyuz-heavy MP distribution14:10
cjwatsonSure, the odd reviewer gives14:11
cjwatsonBut I've had plenty of reviewers other than William and Steve deal with my patches as well14:11
tumbleweedI need feedback on style and deletion semantics more than anything else14:11
tumbleweedanyway, that's blocking all the action items, that I can see14:11
tumbleweed#subtopic stgraber to add ppu for lexical to fwts14:12
tumbleweeddone, according to the minutes14:12
tumbleweed#topic any other business14:12
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: any other business
bdrungdo we want to discuss libreoffice?14:12
bdrungwho will be at the UDS?14:15
micahgo/ for AOB14:15
* tumbleweed will14:16
* bdrung will be (thanks to being sponsored)14:16
tumbleweed(yeah, that)14:16
micahgwe actually won't have a meeting scheduled for UDS this time :)14:16
Laneythat's sad :(14:16
Laneythe UDS meetings are fun14:16
stgraberI'll be there14:17
micahgwe can still meet to plan though :)14:17
bdrungdo we want a meeting?14:17
* xnox a bunch of rebels14:17
Laney#vote ban xnox14:17
* xnox told you so14:17
tumbleweed+1 on UDS meetings being fun14:17
* xnox probably will be banned now....14:18
bdrungtumbleweed: then let's schedule one14:18
stgraberI'm sure we can arrange a special DMB meeting for any applicant at UDS :)14:18
tumbleweeddo we also want a private UDS meeting?14:19
tumbleweedbdrung: prepared to organise it?14:19
* micahg would actually prefer to keep the extra sessions to a minimum as UDS is only 4 days this time around (well, time permitting, sure, why not)14:19
stgraberhowever, if we do, I'd prefer we don't have another meeting to discuss the DMB itself as UDS is a day shorter and I'm pretty sure my list of stuff to discuss won't be...14:19
bdrungtumbleweed: i will be on vacation tomorrow14:19
* stgraber is always happy to discuss DMB stuff over lunch though14:20
tumbleweedwell, what's more important to us then?14:20
stgraberI don't think we really have that many stuff to discuss outside of applicants. So I think we should schedule one public meeting. If we have applicants, we'll take them, if we don't, we'll discuss DMB stuff for an hour14:21
tumbleweedworks for me14:22
bdrungme too14:22
tumbleweedI suspect we'll be doing some hallway discussion on PPU issues14:22
tumbleweed#action tumbleweed to schedule a DMB session at UDS14:23
meetingologyACTION: tumbleweed to schedule a DMB session at UDS14:23
tumbleweedmicahg: you had something?14:23
micahgso, the issue came up last week that a docs team member couldn't upload docs for a derivative even thought the docs are owned by the docs team, I was wondering if we should be proactive here and create a docs packageset and invite people to apply for it14:24
micahg(someone with upload rights to ubuntu-docs already)14:25
bdrungsounds good14:25
stgraberwell, in most cases flavours have a completely separate doc team from ~ubuntu-docs, so not having upload rights makes sense...14:26
ogra_sudo sync14:27
micahghttps://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ doesn't agree :)14:27
tumbleweedif there are people who need this, I'd say invite the applicants, but no need to create the packageset until we have a member14:27
bdrung+1 for tumbleweed's suggestion14:28
micahgtumbleweed: right, yeah, was thinking to discuss with the person in question and if desired have a formal application proposed14:28
* micahg guesses that's not what he originally said, but makes more sense14:29
tumbleweedanything else?14:31
tumbleweednext chair14:31
tumbleweedstgraber: I guess14:31
micahgdate of next meeting?14:32
bdrungOctober, 8th according to our plan14:33
micahgOct 8 is a legal holiday in US and CA14:33
stgraberI won't be there on the 8th14:33
* micahg neither14:33
stgraberIIRC both barry and cody-somerville said they wouldn't either14:33
tumbleweedtsk tsk - it's a public holiday here today (national braai day)14:33
tumbleweedok, so Oct 22nd14:34
stgrabertumbleweed: yeah, the fact that it's a public holiday doesn't really matter to me, it's more the fact that I'll be coming back from a conference and preparing a trip to Europe ;)14:34
bdrungi will be there on Oct. 8th14:34
* tumbleweed can make the 8th14:34
Laneycan't we just have it on the 15th?14:34
micahgand then another meeting on the 22nd?14:35
micahgpush off a week so we can have one at UDS ;)14:35
micahg(that was a question)14:35
Laneya happy ending for all14:35
bdrungi should be able to attend on the 15th14:35
Laneyjust shift by a week14:35
tumbleweedas long as we don't clash with the techboard14:36
stgraber15th would work, though I'd appreciate if we can shift it back post-UDS as otherwise we risk getting in conflicts with the TB meeting14:36
Laneysilly TB14:36
micahgwell, the meetings are only supposed to be 1 hr14:36
stgraber(oh, and I also kinda like "working" on Mondays so if I can avoid having 2 hours worth of IRC meetings on the same day, that'd be nice ;))14:36
* micahg already has that :)14:37
stgraberyeah, I have that on Wednesdays, so not looking forward to having more of that ;)14:37
tumbleweed15th, UDS, back to the normal schedule?14:37
* bdrung agrees14:38
stgrabersounds good14:38
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Sep 24 14:38:23 2012 UTC.14:38
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-24-14.05.moin.txt14:38
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-24-14.05.html14:38
micahgwell, that still gives us 2 weeks in a row (UDS, post UDS)14:38
tumbleweedif we have no applicants, we can skip one14:39
micahgshould we skip the post UDS meeting?14:39
stgraberI don't mind two weeks in a row if we have applicants14:39
bdrungmicahg: depends on the amount of applications14:39
Laneydecide then14:39
micahgright, that (enough applicants) would be a nice problem to have I guess14:39
=== jono is now known as Guest22688
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Sep 24 18:02:06 2012 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:02
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:18:02
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:02
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first18:02
jdstrandI think I am done with the audits for the time being. there are a couple left, but they aren't important. maybe we can use those later for training on uaudit18:03
jdstrandwhich means I can actually get back to helping out with updates18:03
jdstrandmdeslaur: seriously :)18:03
jdstrandin addition to that, I'm on community this week, and plan to train sarnold on UCT18:04
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up18:04
mdeslaurI just published ghostscript. I have emacs and freeradius to test18:04
mdeslaurI'm currently working on transmission18:05
mdeslaurand will attack the CVE list with a chainsaw after that18:05
mdeslaurwhat's it from me18:05
mdeslaursbeattie: you're up18:05
sbeattieI'm trying to finish up eglibc18:05
mdeslaursbeattie: do, or do not, there is no try.18:05
sbeattiethen I'll move on to focusing on apparmor, starting with the dbus ppa18:06
sbeattiethat's pretty much it for me18:06
sbeattiemicahg, you're up18:06
micahgI've got Thunderbird 15.0.1 (this week or we skip it), and I'm trying to finish up webkit for oneiric18:07
* micahg hugs sbeattie18:07
micahgoh, and it's a short week for me (off Wed)18:07
micahgthat's it for me18:07
micahgtyhicks: tag18:08
tyhicksI'm finishing up ruby1.9.1 and rubygems. Fought with the test scripts last week and found another issue that I had to roll into the ruby1.9.1 update, so it fell into this week.18:08
tyhicksAfter that, I hope to start on some apparmor work18:09
tyhicksif that's not yet ready, I'll try to fit in one more update18:09
tyhicksthat's it for me18:09
tyhicksjjohansen: you're up18:09
jjohansenI finally have access to the QA machine where the apparmor QRT failure was happening so I need to look into that.18:09
jjohansen/me needs to finish writing up some notes on the current apparmor work and get together with tyhicks and sbeattie on apparmor dbus, and stacking/labeling and get back to debugging stacking.18:09
jjohansenor hrmm, continue debugging ...18:10
jjohansenthat is it for me sarnold your up18:10
sarnoldI'm finally finished with the generic employee new starter tasks; I've made good progress on the UE/Security new-starter tasks.18:10
sarnoldthis week I'm finishing those up, starting triage, and getting trained on UCT :)18:11
mdeslaursarnold: \o/18:11
sarnoldI've got a few questions about alioth, but perhaps those should be handled out-of-bounds?18:11
sarnoldokay, then I'm finished :) jdstrand, your turn18:11
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages18:12
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.18:12
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.18:12
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:13
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandThere are a lot of merge opportunities for packages listed in http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/d2u/. Performing these updates is a great way to help Ubuntu and bolster your developer application.18:13
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:13
mdeslaurjdstrand: can I have a pony?18:15
* jdstrand hands mdeslaur a pony18:15
jdstrandand with that...18:16
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Sep 24 18:16:06 2012 UTC.18:16
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-24-18.02.moin.txt18:16
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-24-18.02.html18:16
jdstrandmdeslaur, sbeattie, micahg, tyhicks, jjohansen, sarnold: thanks!18:16
sarnolda pony in every pot?18:16
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand18:16
jjohansenthanks jdstrand18:16
sbeattiejdstrand: thanks18:16
micahgthanks jdstrand18:16
=== ubott2 is now known as ubottu
=== JoseAntonioR is now known as JoseeAntonioR
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
=== mhall119_ is now known as mhall119
=== Pici is now known as Guest97343
=== Guest97343 is now known as Pici
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
=== sarnold_ is now known as sarnold
=== jibel_ is now known as jibel
=== toddyhb is now known as toddy
=== fader_` is now known as fader_
=== cyphermox_ is now known as cyphermox
=== Amaranthus is now known as Amaranth
=== mhall119_ is now known as mhall119
=== lan3y is now known as Laney
=== TheDrums_ is now known as TheDrums
=== balloons_ is now known as balloons
=== micahg_ is now known as micahg
=== ubott2 is now known as ubottu
=== soren_ is now known as soren
=== ubott2 is now known as ubottu
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== elky is now known as Guest52765
=== bdmurray_ is now known as bdmurray
=== tyhicks` is now known as tyhicks
=== pleia2_ is now known as pleia2
=== Amaranthus is now known as Amaranth

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!