=== doko_ is now known as doko
tiagoscdhi :)12:02
julian_fernHello :)12:04
tiagoscdmembership board now?12:05
cyphermoxwe're all around, won't be long12:05
tiagoscdcyphermox: :)12:06
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Sep 26 12:07:12 2012 UTC.  The chair is head_victim. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.12:07
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired12:07
head_victim#voters cyphermox Destine Pendulum head_victim12:08
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine Pendulum cyphermox head_victim12:08
head_victimHello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board meeting for 1200 UTC 26th September 2012. The wiki page for the Review Boards are available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards12:09
head_victimWe will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.12:09
head_victimThe format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).12:09
head_victimEach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.12:09
head_victimDuring this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.12:09
head_victimWhen the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers is positive, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)12:09
head_victimNow, with any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...12:09
head_victimWow, that looks big all at once12:10
head_victim#topic Julian Fernandes Ubuntu Membership Application12:10
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Julian Fernandes Ubuntu Membership Application
head_victim#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards12:10
head_victimjulian_fern: while we read up on your application can you please introduce yourself to the board12:11
julian_fernHello :)12:11
julian_fernMy name is Julian Fernandes12:11
julian_ferni'm a 20 years old Brazilian WordPress consultant and a LoCo Team leader12:11
julian_fernI also work with Nginx and WordPress optimization on Ubuntu Servers12:12
julian_fernTalking about myself isn't my strong point, so i think my wiki page says it all :)12:12
tiagoscdI just like to say that julian_fern has done a great job in Brazil, helping many users, writing posts about Ubuntu, speaking in conferences12:13
Ursinhahe's just too humble to talk about what all he's been doing :)12:13
* Ursinha is cheering for julian_fern 12:13
tiagoscdhe keeps a hard and daily work to support Ubuntu Brazilian community12:13
tiagoscdas Ubuntu Brazilian Communiyt Council member I strongly endorse his membership12:13
head_victimjulian_fern: sounds like you have quite the following12:14
Destinehead_victim, indeed12:14
head_victimAre there any details of the events mentioned under contributions (links to event writeups, photos, etc, stuff we can get a feel for the scale of)12:14
julian_fernhead_victim: yeah, the friendships i made when i joined the Ubuntu community are great :)12:15
julian_ferni think we have some photos at our G+ page12:15
head_victimjulian_fern: the community is what drew me in as well :)12:15
julian_fernThis is the Latinoware page, the event i'm gonna attend next month: http://2012.latinoware.org/?lang=en12:16
julian_fernI will talk about WordPress optimization with Ubuntu Server and the future of gaming on Linux12:17
julian_ferni will also be there with Ubuntu-BR, helping users to install Ubuntu and clearing doubts they may have12:17
tiagoscdhead_victim: in my Picasa you can see some photos about one conference that julian_fern has supported Brazilian community12:17
julian_fernhead_victim: i'm the guy with the bad hair :P12:18
julian_ferntiagoscd: thanks :)12:18
court_jesterIs good to remember that Latinoware give sponsorship spots for ubuntu members and Julian is the only non member that was approved for sponsorship.12:19
head_victimtiagoscd: thanks for that, which album are we referring to sorry?12:19
tiagoscdhead_victim: oh sorry, referring about "Ubuntu-BR-SC at Seminário de Ciência e Tecnologia da UDESC" :)12:20
julian_fernThere is also some more photos at tiagoscd's blog: http://tiagohillebrandt.eti.br/blog/ubuntu-sc-no-seminario-de-ciencia-e-tecnologia-da-udesc.html12:21
julian_fernSadly my blog is offline atm.12:21
head_victimNo worries, I don't even have a blog :)12:21
Ursinhajulian_fern, you12:22
Ursinhajulian_fern, you've been posting a lot to ubuntubrsc.com, it can be considered your blog for now :P12:22
julian_fernUrsinha: True, but since me and tiagoscd funded it, i think of it as our blog hehe12:23
head_victimOk seems we have read a lot of stuff and a we're ready to vote :)12:23
head_victim#vote Julian Fernandes Ubuntu Membership Application12:24
meetingologyPlease vote on: Julian Fernandes Ubuntu Membership Application12:24
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)12:24
head_victimPlease only board members vote (the rest won't be counted)12:24
meetingology+1 received from cyphermox12:24
meetingology+1 received from Destine12:24
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum12:24
head_victim+1 keep up the good work with the BR Team, when you're blog comes back up make sure it gets on the planet12:25
meetingology+1 keep up the good work with the BR Team, when you're blog comes back up make sure it gets on the planet received from head_victim12:25
meetingologyVoting ended on: Julian Fernandes Ubuntu Membership Application12:25
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:012:25
meetingologyMotion carried12:25
tiagoscdcongrats julian_fern12:25
Destinejulian_fern, congrats12:25
Pendulumjulian_fern: Congrats and welcome!12:25
head_victim#accepted Julian Fernandes is now a Ubuntu Member - Congratulations!12:25
court_jesterUhul! Congratulations!12:25
julian_fernThanks guys! :)12:26
cyphermoxCongrats julian_fern12:26
julian_fernI will do my best to help Ubuntu more and more :)12:26
head_victimjulian_fern: well done, your efforts with the Brazil team are commendable. Keep up the great work12:26
Ursinhajulian_fern, if you keep doing the same, we're all fine ;)12:27
Ursinhathanks for helping us out12:27
court_jestertiagoscd: Lets write about this in ubuntu-br-sc12:28
head_victimI don't think there were any other applications tonight12:28
tiagoscdcourt_jester: http://tiagohillebrandt.eti.br/blog/julian-fernandes-o-mais-novo-membro-ubuntu-no-brasil.html12:28
court_jesterFast enough12:28
julian_ferntiagoscd court_jester ursinha: thanks for the support guys, you are the best! (:12:28
* Ursinha hugs julian_fern 12:29
head_victimThanks to the supporters, it makes it easier for us to see others providing testimonials for work done :)12:29
Ursinhajulian_fern, the least I could do :)12:29
Destinejulian_fern, you have been added to Ubuntu Members team.12:35
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Sep 26 12:36:25 2012 UTC.12:36
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-26-12.07.moin.txt12:36
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-26-12.07.html12:36
head_victimThanks everyone for attending, thanks julian_fern for the application and we'll see everyone again next month.12:37
Destinehead_victim, thanks.12:37
=== ralsina_ is now known as ralsina
julian_fernThank you, head_victim Destine cyphermox Pendulum :)12:38
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
smartboyhwmeeting in 5 minutes where is balloons and phillw?:P13:54
balloons#startmeeting ubuntu qa community14:00
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Sep 26 14:00:04 2012 UTC.  The chair is balloons. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.14:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired14:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | ubuntu qa community Meeting | Current topic:
balloonshowdy everyone.. shall we have a roll call?14:00
smartboyhwballoons: astraljava is here today to give a heads up I think14:00
* smartboyhw finds out that phillw is not here....14:01
balloonswell, just us chickens smartboyhw14:02
smartboyhwballoons, LOL14:02
balloonsk, let's dive into the agenda14:03
balloons[TOPIC] Previous Actions14:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | ubuntu qa community Meeting | Current topic: Previous Actions
balloonsmy browser is continually crashing14:04
* astraljava is actually here, but only with an announcement14:04
smartboyhwastraljava, OK14:04
* smartboyhw patts balloons in the back for that14:04
balloonsWell, the only previous action is the website updates on my end anyway14:05
balloonsand there's still nothing to report yet.. I have to do the theme change and push it up14:05
smartboyhwEee that is bad14:05
balloons#action balloons to push up new theme for qa.ubuntu.com14:05
meetingologyACTION: balloons to push up new theme for qa.ubuntu.com14:05
smartboyhwThat action is on for a MONTH!14:05
balloons[TOPIC] Ubuntu Updates14:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | ubuntu qa community Meeting | Current topic: Ubuntu Updates
* smartboyhw wonders what announcement astraljava is gonna make;P14:06
balloonsI'll keep this quick for ubuntu, given it's beta2 time :-)14:06
balloonsbeta2 and unity testing is underway14:06
balloonsit's the primary focus of the week14:07
balloonsin addition, the testcases work is still on-going. I converted all of the isotracker tests over to the new css yesterday14:07
balloonsthe package tracker tests will have to also be converted14:07
balloonsthere's still some ubiquity installer options that need to be added to the testcases as well14:08
balloonsall coming14:08
balloonsthe surprise unity testing pushed us all back a day14:08
* smartboyhw says no:P14:08
balloonsyou can see the progress here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates14:08
balloons[TOPIC] Other Updates14:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | ubuntu qa community Meeting | Current topic: Other Updates
balloonsok, astraljava your up first :-)14:09
* smartboyhw fears that announcement won't be good:(14:09
astraljavaAlright, so I've decided to make some changes in my personal life. This means I'm going to reduce heavily my time spent on contributing to *buntu.14:10
astraljavaThus I've decided to give out my positions in QA on Studio and Xubuntu.14:10
astraljavasmartboyhw already volunteered as a contact person for Studio, and we're having a meeting with Xubuntu contributors in less than an hour.14:11
astraljavaI'm sure someone will step forward there.14:11
astraljavaI'd like to see this effective immediately.14:11
balloonsastraljava, well, thank you for all of your hard work :-)14:11
* smartboyhw thanks astraljava and bows at him14:12
astraljavaBut I can hang out here for as long as the new people feel needed.14:12
astraljavaThanks guys, it's been a pleasure to work with such awesome bunch of people! :)14:12
balloonsI wish you all the best.. I'll meet whomever the new face is on the xubuntu side14:13
astraljavaThanks. I'm not completely going away from the community, so I'd expect to stumble upon you occasionally. :)14:13
astraljavaShifting priorities, moving more towards development, the kind that aren't that dependant on the schedules of releases.14:14
astraljavaIt'll release a lot of daily time for other tasks.14:14
balloonsastraljava, well,  hope the time and effort learned while in QA helps you out.. and Good luck of course. Stop by and say hi and show off what your up to at some point :-)14:14
* smartboyhw bows yo astraljava again14:15
balloonsAlrighty, anyone else?14:15
* smartboyhw has no questions today pretty weird so balloons should end meeting14:16
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Sep 26 14:16:31 2012 UTC.14:16
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-26-14.00.moin.txt14:16
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-26-14.00.html14:16
balloonsI can run with that14:16
smartboyhwThx balloons and astraljava14:16
* smartboyhw feels sad14:16
astraljavaThanks balloons for everything, yeah I've definitely learnt lots, and those things will surely come handy whenever I work on *buntu stuff.14:17
* smartboyhw adds oil on astraljava14:17
smartboyhwadd oil = give support14:17
astraljavaOkay, I was worried for a moment there. :)14:17
balloonsit's just a new beginning for astraljava .. I'm very excited for you.14:18
balloonsQA is a bit of a gateway drug honestly :-)14:18
balloonsyou can find yourself going down all sorts of rabbit holes14:18
balloonstime to fix the browser14:18
smartboyhwastraljava, want a chat with you. PM?14:19
astraljavaballoons: Thanks. You may hear of me, or more like the products of these new tasks I'm going to undertake, in the future.14:20
astraljavasmartboyhw: Sure, gimme 5.14:20
* balloons high fives smartboyhw 14:21
* smartboyhw high fives balloons lol14:21
=== ogasawara_ is now known as ogasawara
* xnox 0/15:00
* slangasek waves15:01
stokachu(> " )><( " )><( " <)15:01
* ogra_ shores15:01
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra infinity cjwatson xnox stokachu)15:02
slangasekdoko slangasek barry xnox infinity jodh ogra stgraber cjwatson ev bdmurray stokachu15:02
slangaseker, maybe I should start the meeting first ;)15:02
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Sep 26 15:02:22 2012 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:02
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round15:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
slangaseksorry, caffeine not quite diffused into the bloodstream yet this morning15:02
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra infinity cjwatson xnox stokachu)15:02
slangasekdoko slangasek barry xnox infinity jodh ogra stgraber cjwatson ev bdmurray stokachu15:02
doko- look at webkit-1.91 build failure, not a binutils issue, > 4G archive not supported (never was). needs webkit buildsystem changes15:03
doko- investigate qt4-x11 ftbfs on arm* over the weekend. buildd issue, swapping to death. builds locally, so there must be extra load on the buildd.15:03
doko- start quantal test rebuild15:03
doko- fix or delegate ftbfs in main, now almost done, although the ftbfs pages don't show progress (unapproved and proposed not shown)15:03
doko- not yet addressed in main: genshi, git, libgtk2-perl, mksh, feedparser (libxml2 issue), ubuntuone-client15:03
doko- fix ftbfs in package sets (almost done)15:03
doko- again, followup on MIRs, and component mismatches, seeded restricted components15:03
doko- package libvigraimpex 1.8 to fix ftbfs (just two rdeps, so upgrade should be fine, tested).15:03
doko- fix binutils bfd.h header inclusion, seen in package test rebuilds15:03
doko- remove the va_list info/warning on arm, accepted upstream and put in gcc-4.715:03
doko- fix python2.7 regression (please accept into -proposed, so that it can build)15:03
doko- libjpeg-turbo update to 1.2.115:03
doko- gcc-4.7.2 release packages15:03
doko- python3.3 rc3 packages15:03
slangasek- short week(s), vacation last week and now playing catch-up15:04
slangasek- working on XDG_RUNTIME_DIR which has unfortunately still not landed; have had a few false starts with the necessary pam module15:04
slangasek- working on getting UEFI SecureBoot shim support landed15:04
slangasek- uploaded a more-asynchronous mountall to Debian unstable that fixes some problems in cloud init, and seems to hold together for the rest of us - and might even make boot faster. testing welcome, I'll be asking for this in quantal post-beta and pushing for a precise SRU15:05
xnox* ubiquity:15:06
xnox - adv-crypto reviewed and uploaded, bug 104264915:06
xnox - ubiquity ValueError bug reviewed and uploaded into quantal,15:06
xnox bug 792652 and bug 1027648 (this is the top crasher on errors.ubuntu.com15:06
xnox and since the upload there were no instances of it in quantal).15:06
xnox - fix a few bugs reported during milestone testing of adv-crypto. bug 1055640,\15:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1042649 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "[FFe] [UIFe] Manual Partitioning Crypt" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/104264915:06
xnox bug 1055819, bug 105581515:06
xnox - progressing with adv-lvm15:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 792652 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity crashed with ValueError in command(): I/O operation on closed file" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79265215:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1027648 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity crashed with ValueError in command(): I/O operation on closed file." [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/102764815:06
xnox - did ~1h of patch piloting, report pending and further piloting15:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1055640 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Quantal) "ubi-partman error 141 when removing encrypted partition" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105564015:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1055819 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Quantal) "Ubiquity should avoid partlocked error when rebuilding disk cache" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105581915:06
xnox rescheduled for the end of the week15:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1055815 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Quantal) "No mountpoint option when manually partitioning with encrypted volumes" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105581515:06
xnox* raid:15:06
xnox - ongoing discussion on dmraid -> mdadm migration for Intel Raid (see15:06
xnox mdadm bug reports on launchpad)15:06
xnox(the precise tasks for value error are commited in the branch, thanks cjwatson for cherry-pick, and will be part of 12.04.2)15:07
xnoxbarry, sorry.....15:07
barryno worries, mine is short and boring anyway :)15:07
barryxnox: go ahead and finish15:07
xnoxbarry: go head. done.15:07
barrybug 1055581; python issue 15935 (argparse follow up); gwibber py3 port (i know, i know, we actually are nearing the end). done.15:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1055581 in python-tx-tftp (Ubuntu) "FTBFS in Quantal test rebuild" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105558115:07
jodh* upstart:15:08
jodh  - Wrote a stack of new unit tests (30 since last week) which have15:08
jodh    already found a few issues.15:08
jodh  - Currently investigating bridge restart and a suspected memory15:08
barryalso submitted the fix for that upstream15:08
jodh    corruption issue.15:08
stokachuis that a table?15:08
ogra_ * parts of the wiki updates for arm installations15:08
ogra_ * d-i framebuffer issue on arm server installs is fixed15:08
ogra_ * fixed various flash-kernel bugs (i.e. bug 1055938 )15:08
ogra_ * beta2 preparation and testing15:08
ogra_ * some zatab (allwinner) spare time hacking (would like to have a hand rolled image ready before UDS)15:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1055938 in flash-kernel (Ubuntu Quantal) "uboot and mlo not in boot partition after install" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105593815:08
ogra_ * finish wikipage changes15:08
ogra_ * research partition resizing issues on panda installs (bug 1056410)15:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1056410 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "changing drive partitioning on ARM Quantal does not work" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105641015:08
ogra_ * fix flash-kernel ability to manually force a kernel version for manual downgrades (bug 1056206)15:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1056206 in flash-kernel (Ubuntu) "3.0~rc.4ubuntu23: cannot flash an old (previous Q) kernel" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105620615:08
ogra_ * check what we can do for panda bootspeed15:08
ogra_ * research input issues with d-i installs on panda (bug 1028664)15:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1028664 in debian-installer (Ubuntu) "keyboard does not work on quantal-server-armhf+omap4.img" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/102866415:09
ogra_ * bug 102890515:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1028905 in cdrom-detect (Ubuntu Quantal) "cdrom-detect in quantal omap4 hangs trying to look for install media on an extended partition" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/102890515:09
ogra_ * and bug 984276 (that somehow fell off my radar but is back on my TODO now)15:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 984276 in casper (Ubuntu Quantal) "installing casper on a non live system causes update-initramfs to fail" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98427615:09
jodhstokachu: yeah, it's the bro' of ᚘ15:09
stokachulol nice15:09
stgraber - ISO tracker15:09
stgraber   - Got the new version landed in production in time for beta2.15:09
stgraber - Container15:09
stgraber   - Upstream work, reviewing patches, maintaining staging branch15:09
stgraber   - Ported a few scripts to using the python API instead of wrapping the commands15:09
stgraber - Release15:09
stgraber   - Did some last minute fixes in Edubuntu to revert the shopping lens and the new launchers15:09
stgraber   - Reviewed a few FFe15:09
stgraber   - Doing beta2 testing15:09
stgraber - Networking15:09
stgraber   - Bloged about IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack setup on 3G (http://www.stgraber.org/2012/09/24/dual-stack-3g-connections/)15:09
stgraber   - Uploaded an isc-dhcp SRU to precise.15:09
stgraber   - Started looking into unbound/bind9 support in NetworkManager as potential DNSSEC-aware replacement for dnsmasq.15:09
stgraber - Installer15:09
stgraber   - Fixed a bug in one of the thml file preventing the generation of pot files for ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu. Manually imported the new ones in LP.15:09
stgraber - Other15:09
stgraber   - Switched to using sssd and samba4 for my machines, fixed an apparmor profile bug found as a result.15:09
stgraber   - Cleaned up workitem list quite a bit15:10
stgraber - TODO15:10
stgraber   - Start looking at foundations-q-autocreate-preseed15:10
stgraber   - Some ISO tracker tweaks/bugfixes for final15:10
stgraber - Next week15:10
stgraber   - I'll be at the usual LTSP hackfest down in Maine from Thursday to Sunday, traveling down there on Thursday so will have limited connectivity on that day.15:10
stgraber     When not traveling, I should be reachable on IRC and by e-mail, possibly on my VOIP number, however don't count on my cell, GSM is quite bad in that area.15:10
stgraber     So, if you have anything that needs a significant amount of my time, please try to catch me early next week.15:10
slangasekbarry: so is the argparse saga at an end now?15:11
barryslangasek: i hope so ;)15:11
barryit was definitely a regression, now fixed in all upstream active branches15:11
xnoxjodh: utfout package is in debian new queue =)15:12
jodhxnox: great! Thanks for your help with that!!!15:12
cjwatsonwhoops, my turn, sorry15:15
cjwatsonRemoved cdromupgrade from server CDs (bug 1045201).15:15
cjwatsonMerged automake1.11 security fix.15:15
cjwatsonFinished and landed LP process-accepted-bugs-job branch.  This now seems to be working fine, so we can kill off the old queue script after beta-2.15:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1045201 in Ubuntu CD Images "quantal ubuntu-server isos include cdromupgrade" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/104520115:15
cjwatsonSwtched to the new archive signing key.  Uploaded an ubuntu-keyring SRU as a consequence, pending review.15:15
cjwatsonFixed regression from last week's grub-installer merge.15:15
cjwatsonArranged for d-i rescue mode to offer to mount a separate /boot (bug 320183, bug 1045409).15:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 320183 in rescue (Ubuntu) "When using "Recover a broken system" from the Server CD boot menu, /boot is not mounted" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/32018315:15
cjwatsonCo-announced new plan to use GRUB 2 for UEFI secure boot, and uploaded (mostly) suitable packaging.  Created a grub2-signed package.15:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1045409 in rescue (Ubuntu Quantal) "'reinstall grub' option missing when rescuing encrypted LVM system (or any system with separate /boot)" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/104540915:15
cjwatsonFixed the remaining LP UEFI publishing bugs, allowing us to stage signed UEFI images in PPAs.15:15
cjwatsonApplied yaboot-installer patch from bug 956481.15:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 956481 in yaboot-installer (Ubuntu) "ppc: YabootInstaller doesn't handle USB drive installation so well" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/95648115:15
cjwatsonFixed missing SUBARCH in live-installer.postinst which broke ARM (bug 1054143).15:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1054143 in live-installer (Ubuntu Quantal) "armhf-omap4: Beta 20120924 server image fails to install with "no kernels found"" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105414315:15
cjwatsonFixed missing /sys bind-mount in grub-installer, a long-standing bug exposed by GRUB 2.00 (bug 1054323).15:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1054323 in grub-installer (Ubuntu Quantal) "Server Installer fails at 'grub install dummy' in EFI mode" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105432315:15
cjwatsonVerified my apt extra-override-handling SRU from a while back.15:15
cjwatsonInvestigating d-i lowmem thresholds (bug 1050595).15:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1050595 in lowmem (Ubuntu Quantal) "Ubuntu Server installation with 128M ram hangs" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105059515:15
cjwatsonjodh: yay Ogham15:15
slangasekI did not recognize it as ogham, until I turned my head sideways15:17
jodhcjwatson: :)15:17
ev- Short week; narrow boating on Friday and Monday.15:17
ev- More research on top-k for arbitrary date ranges. We have a reasonable15:17
ev  solution, but I may implmenet something simplier just so we have a solution15:17
ev  to the failing to load year view a bit sooner.15:17
ev- Learning a lot more of D3.js to implement Matthew's errors.ubuntu.com front15:17
ev  page redesign and milestone lines on the average errors per day graph. Now15:17
ev  implemented, though I still need to file a RT for the deployment.15:17
ev- Implemented part of the reprocessing failed retraces work, as Seb15:17
ev  potentially needs it and I've been putting it off for too long :). Once15:17
ev  deployed (RT 56342) we'll be able to selectively run stacktrace address15:17
ev  signatures back through the retracing and bucketing process.15:17
ev- Starting to piece together a presentation with Matthew for UDS.15:17
bdmurraybug triage and testing of iso-testing bug reports15:18
bdmurrayupdate-manager, usb-creator bug triage15:18
bdmurrayfinding duplicates of grub-installer bug 105331715:18
bdmurrayfixed bug 104372515:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1053317 in grub-installer (Ubuntu Quantal) "/usr/share/grub-installer/grub-installer: 57: local: not in a function" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105331715:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1043725 in update-manager (Ubuntu Quantal) "dep8 test test_stop_update.TestStopUpdate failed: missing dependency on update-notifier (schema com.ubuntu.update-notifier missing)" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/104372515:18
bdmurraydiscussion of bug 103922015:18
bdmurraytested bug 93886915:18
bdmurrayworked on fixing bug 103948415:18
bdmurraytested and fixed apport bug patterns with python215:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1039220 in apport (Ubuntu Quantal) "don't report crashes for programs that don't match the file on disk (like for kernel crashes)" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/103922015:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 938869 in python3.2 (Ubuntu) "lsb_release crashed with SIGABRT in Py_FatalError()" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93886915:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1039484 in python-apt (Ubuntu Quantal) "Accents in sources.list breaks do-release-upgrade" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/103948415:18
bdmurraysetup a quantal iso-testing report using arsenal15:18
bdmurray✔ done15:19
stokachuhttp://pad.lv/1013211 - needs sponsor15:19
stokachuhttp://pad.lv/977959 - comment updated, needs (precise) sponsor15:19
stokachuhttp://pad.lv/1036834 - needs sponsor15:19
stokachuhttp://pad.lv/794112 - needs sponsor15:19
stokachuhttp://pad.lv/683640 - needs sponsor15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1013211 in libgnomecanvas (Ubuntu Precise) "Please transition libgnomecanvas to multi-arch" [High,In progress]15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 977959 in libgnome (Ubuntu Precise) "Please transition libgnome to multi-arch" [High,In progress]15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1036834 in gdb (Ubuntu Precise) "gdb should be marked "Multi-arch: allowed"" [High,In progress]15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 794112 in linux (Ubuntu Precise) "Kerberos + LDAP + NFSv4 - Unable to recover unattended client" [High,In progress]15:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 683640 in lsb (Ubuntu Precise) "status_of_proc is returning incorrect error code" [High,In progress]15:19
dokobdmurray, will apport get support for env vars?15:19
bdmurraydoko: yes, I'll work on that15:19
dokostokachu, libgnome ma for q?15:21
stokachudoko, yea thats been pushed i think15:21
stokachuthere was some discussion on a comment i made but hopefully cleared up15:22
dokoI'll look at the ma issues tomorrow.15:22
stokachuok cool thanks15:22
slangasekstokachu: 1013211, 1036834 on my list here; 977959, I suppose I should take as well.  wasn't there another one that I kicked back to you for further changes?15:23
stokachuyea appmenu-gtk15:23
stokachuworking on that one this week15:23
slangasekok, cool15:23
slangasekdoko: oh, feel free to take care of the ma upload sponsorship then, happy to have them off my list :)15:24
slangasekany other questions on the above?15:24
stokachuthe other non ma are released in quantal for the most part15:24
stokachui think15:24
xnoxI also saw bug 1052039 and bug 105203015:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1052039 in libgnomeprintui (Ubuntu) "Please transition libgnomeprintui to multi-arch" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105203915:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1052030 in libgnomeprint (Ubuntu) "Please transition libgnomeprint to multi-arch" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105203015:25
stokachuthats a new one15:25
stokachuill take that one15:25
stokachuwill someone approve the series nomination please15:25
xnoxwell.... they have patches they need sponsors.15:25
xnoxstokachu: is that for both quantal & precise?15:25
stokachuxnox, i spoke with mark already he has changes to make on the patches15:26
dokoopenjdk wants libgnome2-0, libgnomevfs2-0, libgconf2-4, so these would be appreciated15:26
stokachudoko, any bugs opened on those?15:26
stokachulibgconf hasn't been ma'd15:26
stokachuthe other 2 are15:26
stokachuill add libgconf to my todo list15:28
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugs15:29
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugs
slangasekbdmurray: how do things look for us?15:29
bdmurraywell the rls-q- queues seem to have grown a lot15:30
bdmurrayso daunting?15:30
slangasekqueues plural - meaning for all teams, not just ours?15:31
bdmurrayplural as in -incoming and -tracking15:31
cjwatsonI rejected some of -incoming last week and pushed the rest into -tracking15:31
cjwatsonI think most of the -tracking growth is from that15:31
slangasektracking had seemed reasonably under control before I left... ah, cjwatson strikes ;)15:31
dokofiled some main ftbfs as release relevant too15:32
cjwatsonRecent -incoming growth is mostly just expected ISO testing input15:32
slangasekcan we farm some of those bugs out here?15:32
cjwatsonslangasek: -incoming had got up to 15-20 or so by last meeting15:32
cjwatsonCouldn't reject them all :)15:32
bdmurrayregarding the incoming I was only able to recreate bug 1055326 in ubiquity only mode15:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1055326 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "During installation, flashplugin fails to install with: IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105532615:33
slangasekI think we should turf bug #1017031; I suspect it was a transitional issue around the time we were making changes to dpkg15:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1017031 in dpkg (Ubuntu Quantal) "dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/101703115:33
slangasekif it were a real problem, there'd be a lot more noise on it15:33
bdmurrayslangasek: is there anything I could search for re 1017031?15:34
slangasekbdmurray: do you agree with that assessment?  or should we be checking for duplicates somewhere before turfing that?15:34
slangasekbdmurray: right - it'd be the "duplicate file trigger interest for filename" string15:34
stokachuslangasek, is gconf ma'd completely now?15:35
stokachuim looking through the changelog15:35
bdmurrayokay, I'll look around and turf if I don't find anything15:35
cjwatsonI've asked for retesting of bug 69980215:36
ubottuLaunchpad bug 699802 in grub2 (Ubuntu Quantal) "error:: no video mode activated" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/69980215:36
cjwatson(Though I suspect it has been dogpiled)15:37
slangasekstokachu: gconf certainly should be completely MA15:37
stokachubut not libgconf15:37
slangasekbdmurray: alright; I'm going to pre-emptively close the bug since I think it's invalid, if you find more hits please reopen15:37
slangasekstokachu: sure it is15:38
stokachuok.. hmm doko, what problems are being faced with openjdk?15:39
dokobasically running downloaded aps which have i386 only on amd6415:40
slangasekstokachu: I suspect he just hasn't tested whether gconf is multiarched?15:40
dokono, I hadn't =)15:40
slangasekbug #98721215:41
ubottuLaunchpad bug 987212 in avahi (Ubuntu Quantal) "Wireless printer "Processing - Unable to locate printer."" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98721215:41
stokachudoko, in that case gconf is done and the other two are either in quantal and making there way into precise15:41
slangaseknot sure this should be on our list; probably needs to be -notfixing'ed15:41
stokachuor waiting for sponsorship15:41
cjwatsonBug 1048584 isn't really ours, but I'll fix it anyway15:41
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1048584 in language-selector (Ubuntu Quantal) "kdevelop-php should pull kdevelop-php-l10n in pkg_depends" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/104858415:41
stokachusorry i was confused there for a minute15:42
slangasekbdmurray, cjwatson: either of you think we shouldn't turf 987212?  I think it's on our list per the SRU targeting process, not due to an explicit -incoming accept15:42
bdmurrayslangasek: agreed15:43
slangasekogra_: should bug #1028905 be assigned to you?15:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1028905 in cdrom-detect (Ubuntu Quantal) "cdrom-detect in quantal omap4 hangs trying to look for install media on an extended partition" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/102890515:43
slangasek(you mentioned it in your report)15:43
cjwatsonslangasek: I agree15:44
ogra_oh,m i thought i assigned it already15:44
slangasekogra_: assigned now :)15:44
ogra_bah, *snap* :)15:44
slangasekbug #1030278 - fun15:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1030278 in python-apt (Ubuntu Quantal) "Quantal failed to install: ubiquity crashed in apt/progress/text.py in pulse: OverflowError: Python int too large to convert to C long" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/103027815:45
slangasekjodh: ^^ can I give this one to you?15:45
jodhslangasek: no probs15:45
cjwatsonYeah - googling was vaguely helpful for that but not enough to produce a clear fix15:46
cjwatsonjuliank might be helpful if you can find him on IRC15:46
* slangasek learns that foundations owns git ;)15:46
xnoxslangasek: no, just git-svn =))))15:47
slangasekdoko: does bug #1056728 cause the package to fail to build?15:47
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1056728 in git (Ubuntu Quantal) "git-svn needs an update for subversion 1.7.x" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105672815:47
dokojnieder did propose a patch to just disable these tests, he did give up extracting all the commits15:48
stokachuthe internet is stupid15:48
slangasekdoko: what's the "4.12" version you mention?  git is currently at version
slangasekdoko: from the bug description - you said "either disable the failing test (?), backport the the subversion 1.7.x support, or update to 4.12."15:49
slangasekI don't know what 4.12 is15:49
slangasek1.7.12, maybe?15:50
doko1.7.12.1 even15:50
slangaseklooks like there are a bunch of package build failures on this list15:51
slangasekplease jump in and help out with these, guys15:51
slangasek[LINK] http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-q-tracking-bug-tasks.html15:51
slangasek(for reference)15:51
cjwatsonYep.  I know what I'm doing for the rest of the week ;-)15:52
stokachusorry how do you tell whats failing to buidl on this link?15:53
slangasekbug #1054346 - looks like there's a related branch.  Does Dylan have upload rights on ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu?15:53
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1054346 in ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu (Ubuntu Quantal) "welcome.jpg shows a pangolin" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105434615:53
cjwatsonstokachu: search for ftbfs15:53
stokachuah ok thanks15:53
slangasekstokachu: the bugs that have "FTBFS" or "build" in their description, roughly15:53
xnoxslangasek: i think that will go in after beta2 is released.15:54
cjwatsonstgraber said he was going to sponsor u-s-u, I think15:54
slangasekok, assigning15:54
slangasekthat's probably enough about bugs for now15:55
slangasekI think -15:55
slangasekbdmurray: or is there anything else?15:55
bdmurraymvo added a patch to bug 1015567 fwiw15:55
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1015567 in dpkg (Ubuntu Quantal) "upgrade failed: mixed non-coinstallable and coinstallable package instances present" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/101556715:55
bdmurrayand mvo has a merge proposal for bug 105260515:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1052605 in update-manager (Ubuntu Quantal) "ERROR:root:getListFromFile: no '/usr/share/update-manager/removal_blacklist.cfg' found: exception during Precise to Quantal upgrade on amd64+mac" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105260515:56
cjwatsonOh, yeah, I looked at that MP and ran away15:56
cjwatsonI'll steel myself and have another look15:56
slangasekxnox: 1015567 is assigned to you, are you ok to follow through?  or should we kick it over to infinity, since he's to blame for everything broken in dpkg right now? :)15:57
xnoxbdmurray: yes, mvo was pinging me about dpkg. I have small test to run against it & we agreed on the plan of fixing it for real as well as appying that work around patch.15:57
slangasekwell, I was going to pester people about work items too, but we seem to have run out of time for that15:58
slangasekso I'll come knocking on your cubicle walls individually :)15:58
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB15:58
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekanything else?15:58
cjwatsonplease can I have enough I/O over USB that I can run lintian over grub2 and read mail at the same time15:58
cjwatsonnever mind15:58
xnoxev: how do you get RT deployments done? RT 55554 is still not done15:59
cjwatsonOh, should we drop data.tar.xz-member-without-dpkg-pre-depends from lintian now?15:59
xnoxthe ubuntu-geonames lookup.15:59
evxnox: I kindly nag15:59
evxnox: hang out in #webops15:59
* ogra_ wishes we could disable apport on arm installs by default15:59
evask if someone can look at it during your active hours15:59
slangasekcjwatson: ah, is that a delta?  seems like we could drop it now16:00
evfailing that, ask slangasek to bump the priority and raise it at the next meeting16:00
slangasekis LP happy for it to go away?16:00
cjwatsonActually it apparently isn't16:00
ogra_i just had to wait 20min for a stuck desktop to recover because apport colletced stuff16:00
cjwatsonThere's an Ubuntu profile thing in lintian to raise it from pedantic to serious16:00
slangasekapport is such a neat freak16:00
ogra_and now apt-update-xapian-index kicked in ...16:00
cjwatsonSo I might just commit upstream to drop that back to pedantic - yeah, LP doesn't care any more16:01
ogra_which will keep it stuck for about another hour16:01
* ogra_ ponders a release note "after install dont touch your panda installation for 2h"16:01
cjwatsonOh, haha, already done upstream16:01
xnoxogra_: or use it at 3-4am in the morning =)16:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Sep 26 16:03:11 2012 UTC.16:03
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-26-15.02.moin.txt16:03
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-09-26-15.02.html16:03
slangasekthanks everyone :)16:03
ogra_thanks !16:03
* xnox cheers16:04
slangasekxnox: oh, RT#55554 - send me a nag mail about that please, it was supposed to have gone into the "piece o' cake" queue on IS's side16:04
slangasekdidn't realize that was still stalled, sorry16:04
xnoxslangasek: ok.16:05
=== SaMe is now known as SergioMeneses
mvocjwatson: just reading the backlog, if https://code.launchpad.net/~mvo/ubuntu-release-upgrader/lp1052605/+merge/125693 made you run away, I wonder if there is anything that can be done to fix that. any suggestions welcome, just put them into the MP (or we can chat tomorrow about it)16:39
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== name_ is now known as pdereksmith
bootlkjkgfAnything could happen in the next 90 minutes [bookmark] http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Musopen/open-source-bug-tracking18:44
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== noy_ is now known as noy

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!