=== Guest5764 is now known as vibhav
=== vibhav is now known as Guest74795
=== Guest74795 is now known as vibhav
=== vibhav is now known as Guest65373
=== Guest65373 is now known as vibhav
=== vibhav is now known as Guest79079
=== Guest79079 is now known as vibhav
=== vibhav is now known as Guest84459
=== Guest84459 is now known as vibhav
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== agateau_ is now known as agateau
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
vibhavAnybody here for the meeting?11:56
vibhav(The ubuntu membership board)11:56
vibhavShould start in 3 minutes11:57
linaporrasI'm here for the meeting, as membership candidate11:57
vibhavsame here11:57
kokoye2007nice to meet ya11:58
linaporras:) nice to meet you too!!11:58
head_victimGood evening folks, we're just trying to rustle up quorum amongst the board members11:59
ubottuPING! beuno, cjohnston, cyphermox, Destine, ejat, head_victim, hggdh, IdleOne, iulian, micahg, n0rman, Pendulum, PabloRubienes. Meeting time.11:59
* micahg is kinda here11:59
head_victimAwesome, one more and we're good to make a start12:00
kokoye2007head_victim:  see ya again12:02
beunolet's get this party started12:02
head_victimThanks beuno, appreciate you filling in :)12:02
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Nov 21 12:02:46 2012 UTC.  The chair is head_victim. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.12:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired12:02
head_victimHello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the 1200 UTC meeting for November 21, 2012. The wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards12:03
head_victimWe will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.12:03
head_victimThe format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO)12:03
head_victimEach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.12:03
head_victimDuring this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.12:03
head_victimWhen the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers is positive, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)12:03
head_victim#voters Pendulum beuno micahg head_victim12:04
meetingologyCurrent voters: Pendulum beuno head_victim micahg12:04
head_victimSo now, without any further ado, we'll get started. According to the wiki kokoye2007 is first up12:04
head_victim#topic kokoye200712:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: kokoye2007
head_victimkokoye2007: can you please introduce yourself to the board, thanks12:05
kokoye2007thx vibhav12:05
kokoye2007thx head_victim12:05
kokoye2007i am12:07
kokoye2007local ubuntu lo founder of ubuntu myanmar loco team12:07
kokoye2007and OSS Dev;12:07
kokoye2007Ubuntu Myanmar Localization and Shan Localization team  admin12:08
=== tiagohillebrandt is now known as tiagoscd
kokoye2007most people love in myanmar12:09
kokoye2007next yrs i think 30 % of Myanmar Computer User change to ubuntu12:09
kokoye2007you can see my activities photo on flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-mm12:10
head_victimkokoye2007: thanks for that, I'm just reading over the loco activities. as well :)12:10
head_victimkokoye2007: so both the testimonials you have don't mention Ubuntu specifically, can you provide any insight into how relinux is related to Ubuntu (for those of us not sure what it is) and how you have specifically address Ubuntu in the open source community in SE Asia?12:12
head_victimkokoye2007: as an example do you have links to events you've run with the loco or had some involvement in?12:14
linaporraskoyoke, so long time ago since I saw the Asia map, your'e country looks beautiful on Wikipedia's photo12:16
head_victimAnd that explains why there was no response :)12:16
head_victimWe'll briefly wait for them to reconnect otherwise we'll move on12:17
head_victimWell we can always come back at the end if they rejoin12:18
head_victimSo we'll move on for now I guess to keep it rolling12:18
head_victim#topic zequence12:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: zequence
head_victimzequence: can you please introduce yourself to the board?12:19
zequenceSeems like ko ko ye reappeared..12:19
head_victimzequence: you mind holding off for a bit12:19
zequenceI can wait. np12:20
head_victim#topic kokoye2007 again12:20
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: kokoye2007 again
kokoye2007head_victim: sorry for dv12:20
head_victimkokoye2007: before you timed out we asked about your involvement in the loco, your application apepars based on that work but doesn't show what specific contributions you've made in that area12:20
kokoye2007thx head_victim12:20
kokoye2007i am ubuntu myanmar loco team founder12:20
kokoye2007and translation team administrator12:20
head_victimkokoye2007: according to launchpad there's only been 14 translation strings completed, do you use multiple lp accounts?12:21
kokoye2007i am wanna contribute ubuntu bug team and MOTU12:21
Pendulumkokoye2007: is there anyone from the Ubuntu MM team who could come cheer for you in the meeting?12:22
kokoye2007one is come to there12:23
head_victimkokoye2007: there just aren't many specifics about your involvement available other than founding. Do you run events for the team? If so can you point out which ones?12:24
kokoye2007he aslo dc again12:26
kokoye2007wc TheDrums12:26
kokoye2007come back again now thohi12:26
kokoye2007sorry wc thohi12:26
kokoye2007he is Ubuntu Myanmar LoCo Team Member12:27
head_victimthohi: can you briefly explain kokoye2007's involvement in the loco? Have they organised events, how long has it been going, etc?12:28
thohiya, we moving together for LoCo team12:28
thohiok, since we active from 2009 for ubuntu loco team12:29
thohialso participate in barcamp12:29
thohiever new version release time we make event12:29
thohisupport for whole country with customize distro for our country people12:30
zequencehehe. Well, I don't think they have any personal opinions at all. They only want to make sure the persons involvement matches the definition for what it takes to be accepted12:30
zequenceOpps, sorry12:31
head_victimthohi: we're looking more specifically for how kokoye2007 is involved with the loco. We're trying to establish kokoye2007's efforts and contributions here, not the loco12:32
thohinow we open in yangon for loco team office for more support to user12:32
head_victimkokoye2007: what I'm thinking is, you're probably on course for membership but your application is pretty vague and lacking some detail. I'm willing to sit down after the meeting and give you some feedback on how to improve it because we'd really like to assess you but we just don't have enough information currently to do so12:33
thohihe involve in loco team as main active member and core member12:33
kokoye2007Ok head_victim12:34
head_victimkokoye2007: we really need to have it freely available because we have such a short time to assess. So we'll move on to the next applicant and if you can wait around we can provide you some specific feedback on how to get the application ready. Does that make sense and are you ok with that?12:35
linaporrasOh, well at this time I have a question, How many time has the Membership Board for each session?12:35
head_victimlinaporras: we usually allow an hour, if we're close for time we can extend a little bit, depending on board member availability12:36
head_victimHence the applications need to be pretty clear to make it easy for us to see involvement.12:36
linaporras:o ok Thanks so much... well I don't know if there is some language barrier with kokoye...12:37
head_victimlinaporras: that's why I was going to hang around afterwards to see if I could help :)12:37
head_victim#action Membership baord to work with kokoye2007 to prepare application to make it clearer12:38
meetingologyACTION: Membership baord to work with kokoye2007 to prepare application to make it clearer12:38
head_victim#topic zequence12:38
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: zequence
head_victimzequence: can you please introduce yourself to the baord while we read your application12:38
zequenceYea, so, I'm Kaj Ailomaa, developer for Ubuntu Studio12:38
linaporraszequence where U from?12:39
zequenceI've originally mostly been interested in improving Ubuntu Studio for audio work, but the more I've become involved, I've started to work in other areas as well12:39
head_victim#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/zequence12:39
zequenceI'm Finnish, living in Sweden12:39
linaporras:o  :)12:40
zequenceI'm quite active in the development of Ubuntu Studio. Mainly in planning and documentation atm. Will become maintainer of linux-lowlatency12:40
zequenceRight now, I'm working on redoing the Ubuntu Studio landing page, and make sure any page in the wiki having to do with Ubuntu Studio is updated and relevant12:42
linaporras: zequence you have 4269 karma points12:42
zequenceSorry, the Ubuntu Studio Wiki landing page12:42
zequencelinaporras: Yea, but it seems making blueprints grants you a lot of points12:42
linaporrasyour'e launchpad profile it's awesome12:42
zequenceI do some package maintenance for Ubuntu Studio, but only on a smaller scale still12:43
head_victimzequence: for those of us who aren't heavily involved, what sort of time commitment is involved in maintaining the lowlevel kernel project?12:43
zequenceIt'll mainly be updating the source and make sure it's in sync with linux-generic, but we will also be making small adjustments to the configs, if needed12:44
zequenceI don't think I'll be making any patches any time soon, but it's not totally out of the question either12:45
zequenceThe config is mainly what diffs atm12:45
beunozequence, keeping it up-to-date is great in itself12:45
beunosomeone has to do it!12:45
beunozequence, any concerns about Ubuntu as a project?12:46
=== kokoye2006 is now known as kokoye2007
zequenceIn short, if I would explain how this has an impact on Ubuntu, is in how easy it will be for anyone to create multimedia on Ubuntu. The work is not only focused on Ubuntu Studio, but we also work with developers upstream, Debian Multimedia Team, Ubuntu, as well as the Ubuntu Studio community12:48
zequenceSo, we're sort of the administrative link between the applications and the users12:48
zequenceAnd I'm very much involved in trying to make that work as well as possible12:48
head_victimzequence: when did your involvement beggin with Ubuntu Studio?12:49
zequenceI think somewhere around 2010, but I've only seriously begun to commit the last 3 cycles12:49
beunozequence, any concerns about Ubuntu as a project?12:50
zequencebeuno: Perhaps I did not interpret you right. What do you mean by concerns?12:50
beunozequence, things that worry you about the state of the project currently12:51
beunoor its direction12:51
zequenceAs my focus is not on the total scope of Ubuntu, I tend to be mostly concerned with only the multimedia creation side, which does have a lot of issues.12:52
beunofair enough12:52
beunoI think we're ready to vote12:52
beunomicahg, are you back yet?12:53
head_victim#voters Pendulum beuno micahg head_victim Destine12:53
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine Pendulum beuno head_victim micahg12:53
beuno+1 fro me12:53
head_victim#vote zequence to obtain Ubuntu Membership12:53
meetingologyPlease vote on: zequence to obtain Ubuntu Membership12:53
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)12:53
beuno+1 from me12:53
meetingology+1 from me received from beuno12:53
meetingology+1 received from Destine12:53
micahg+1 good involvement, good leadership12:53
meetingology+1 good involvement, good leadership received from micahg12:53
head_victim+1 Your contributions are well documented on launchpad and you have strong testimonials from identifiable sources, keep up the great work with Ubuntu Studio12:53
meetingology+1 Your contributions are well documented on launchpad and you have strong testimonials from identifiable sources, keep up the great work with Ubuntu Studio received from head_victim12:53
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum12:54
meetingologyVoting ended on: zequence to obtain Ubuntu Membership12:55
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:012:55
meetingologyMotion carried12:55
linaporraswowow it's seems that zequence was approved, congratulations!!!!!!!!!12:55
hggdhdarn, it is now at 0600 CST!12:55
head_victimCongratulations zequence, welcome to Ubuntu Membership12:55
zequenceGreat! Thanks everyone!12:55
JHOSMANCongratulations zequence12:55
Destinezequence, congratulations!12:55
smartboyhwCongrats zequence12:55
vibhavcongrats zequence12:56
zequenceJHOSMAN: Destine: smartboyhw: vibhav: Thank you!12:56
kokoye2007zequence: Congrats12:57
zequencekokoye2007: Thank you. Sorry for interrupting your applications. Hope to see you as a member soon12:58
kokoye2007nvm :D zequence carry on12:59
head_victimOk we have quorum for continuing, is there a meeting scheduled after this that we're running into?12:59
* vibhav takes a look at the calender13:00
Pendulumhead_victim: not according to the Fridge13:00
head_victim#topic zequence13:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: zequence
head_victim#topic linaporras13:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: linaporras
Destineso we continue.13:01
linaporrasHi Membership Board, it's a pleasure to be here today, my name is Lina Porras, I'm From Colombia,  I'm 23, and I love Ubuntu, for many reasons, but the most important is: the community, and how each member can learn of the other members. Right now I'm leader of Ubuntu Colombia Community, I consider that my principal activity is introduce new community, the final user is my favorite topic... and you can see more information13:01
head_victim#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/linaporras13:01
head_victimlinaporras: do you have any lnks to the events you've helped out at?13:02
linaporrasoh let me see tha fan page on facebook13:02
JHOSMANevents for linaporras13:03
linaporrasAnd this is our next event: http://ubuntu-co.com/7mo-Aniversario-Ubuntu-Colombia13:04
JHOSMANexcuseme https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColombianTeam/Eventos/ReleaseParty/QuantalReleaseParty13:04
head_victimAnd so linaporras, do you organise these events, run them on the day, help out with marketing?13:04
linaporrasthe next saturday I will making a conference to introduce Ubuntu in our 7th community anniversary13:04
linaporrasThansk Jhosman13:04
linaporrasI hel to organize13:05
head_victimJHOSMAN: thanks very much :)13:05
JHOSMANAll these events are organized by it: P13:05
linaporrasalso  convoque the people trough the mailing list specially13:05
linaporrasand I propose the basic shcema for the event13:05
linaporrasand all the community helps and contribute to make it real13:05
* JHOSMAN She is a key part of our community (UbuntuCO) 13:07
head_victimlinaporras: as someone who's run events locally in the past, I am impressed with the scale of those events described13:07
linaporraswell our community has been growing up13:08
linaporrasin the 2 last years13:08
linaporrasalso I have an advantage is tha a I live in Bogotá, which is the capital from Colombia, so we have more people to convoque13:09
JHOSMANAmong the biggest events organizer was FLISOL Bogota (in Spanish)  http://flisolbogota.info/equipo13:09
head_victim#voters Pendulum head_victim Destine hggdh13:10
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine Pendulum beuno head_victim hggdh micahg13:10
head_victim#vote linaporras  to obtain Ubuntu Membership13:10
meetingologyPlease vote on: linaporras  to obtain Ubuntu Membership13:10
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)13:10
hggdh+1 please do not get sick from exaustion13:10
meetingology+1 please do not get sick from exaustion received from hggdh13:10
head_victim+1 Great community involvement, good testimonials and nice support in channel. Keep up the great work13:10
meetingology+1 Great community involvement, good testimonials and nice support in channel. Keep up the great work received from head_victim13:10
Destine+1 I am very impressed by the events your organized.13:10
meetingology+1 I am very impressed by the events your organized. received from Destine13:10
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum13:11
JHOSMAN+1 =) For his work in the community gigantic13:11
meetingologyVoting ended on: linaporras  to obtain Ubuntu Membership13:11
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:013:11
meetingologyMotion carried13:11
linaporras:o I'm so exicted, Jhosman your'e a big part of our community. Thanks Ubuntu Membership Board13:11
hggdhlinaporras: bienvenida13:11
head_victimCongratulations linaporras, keep up the good work in your Loco and like hggdh, don't burn out13:12
head_victimJHOSMAN: thank you for turning up to show support and for providing the links upon request13:12
linaporrasjejeejje, That's my team said...13:12
Pendulumlinaporras: congrats. Now what do I have to do to convince you to help with Ubuntu Women ;)13:12
Destinecongratulations! and thank you for helping me practicing spanish... by reading.13:12
linaporrashehehe oh that's the next step13:12
JHOSMANCongratulations linaporras This deserves a celebration, with our 7th anniversary13:12
linaporrasoh  yes!!!13:12
kokoye2007Happy with linaporras13:13
linaporrasThanks kokoye200713:13
Destinelinaporras, thank you again for helping me practicing spanish...13:13
linaporrasjeje whenever you want13:14
linaporrasSpanish it's a beautiful language. El español es un lenguaje hermoso13:14
linaporrasand always you can found "new" words...13:14
Destinelinaporras, sorry, don't know what hermoso means... but i do understand the former part.13:15
linaporrasMaybe there's some time vibhavp membership?13:15
head_victim#topic vibhav13:15
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: vibhav
linaporrasthat's the meaning beautiful!!!13:15
Destinelinaporras, got it. hermoso, and hermosa?13:16
hggdhvibhav: please go ahead13:16
head_victim#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VibhavPant13:16
vibhavMy name is Vibhav Pant, I currently live in India. Im 15 and I have been using Ubuntu since 6.04.13:16
vibhavI had started with my contributions in the 11.04 cycle by traslations. I was later introduced to Development by the Fix-it-Friday initiative that we used to have for the precise cycle. Since then I mainly contribute by Development, translations, helping out with the news team.13:16
vibhavTO be honest13:17
linaporrasyes hermoso it's for male and things and hermosa it's for female13:17
vibhavI had entered the community like a (somewhat) brat13:17
vibhavI was not aware of certain rules and was providing wrong advice13:18
vibhavto people in #ubuntu13:18
linaporras:o I like the story about switching to Ubuntu13:19
vibhavIt was then when IdleOne and other superb people who took me aside and explained me everything13:19
kokoye2007Opps 6.04 long term geeks13:19
vibhavAnyways, I now lead the Ubuntu Hindi Translation Team13:20
vibhavDuring the 12.04 cycle, I had kicked off a "translation drive"13:20
vibhavIn which we aim to correct common translation mistakes our team members commit13:21
linaporrasI like cibhav future plans13:21
vibhav(Some translated using Google Translate which doesnt do English->Hindi Translation well)13:22
vibhavlinaporras: :)13:22
JHOSMANNice! vibhav13:22
vibhavThere are still incorrect strings left and we aim to finish them by this cycle.13:22
linaporrasand  have 8320  Karma, oh my God... there's some time since a I don't get new karma13:22
JHOSMANI remember when I applied to Ubuntu member, you did, do a good job and deserve membership.  vibhav13:23
head_victimvibhav: in the past there was some criticism of team hopping, have you found some more stable teams to contribute to?13:23
vibhavcertainly, I contribute to the Developer Advisory Team (which takes up most of my team), in the mean time I try to help out with deveopment by doing merges, syncs, SRUs, etc13:24
vibhavhttp://fridge.ubuntu.com/2012/11/19/new-contributor-feedback-12-10/ and https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2012-November/036144.html13:25
vibhavThe above links contain the reports that we have made for the 12.10 cycle13:26
vibhav(You can also obtain it as a PDF file at http://people.canonical.com/~dholbach/d-a-t/12.10Feedback-Contributors.pdf)13:27
vibhavand Thats all I wanted to say :)13:27
head_victimvibhav: we're just reviewing the application.13:28
head_victimWe're also trying to ensure that we're happy that you've been able to turn around the previous issues we've had in approving your application.13:28
head_victimI thank you for getting some updated testimonials in that regard13:28
head_victimIt's good to see that you are starting to realise that it's not about how many teams you can join on lp but how you can contribute to the teams you do join. That to me is a big step forward13:29
vibhavI agree I was certainly not in the correct path eariler. I have tried to correct myself in every way I can13:29
vibhavhead_victim: yes, It took me time to realize that. Quality, not Quntity :)13:30
linaporraswowow this is what I was talking about, how we can grow up with the community13:30
hggdhvibhav: thank you for that. I do hope you now understand the Way Things Work, even when they sort of fail to13:31
head_victimvibhav: glad you found some teams to help you understand that :)13:31
head_victim#vote vibhav to obtain Ubuntu Membership13:31
meetingologyPlease vote on: vibhav to obtain Ubuntu Membership13:31
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)13:31
vibhavlinaporras: Indeed. This community has taught me much.13:31
meetingology+1 received from hggdh13:31
meetingology+1 received from Pendulum13:31
JHOSMAN+1 =)13:31
head_victim+1 I'm now happy that you appear to have integrated well into the community and have taken feedback on board and improved as a result. I would like to see your efforts continue into the future and look forward to hearing about your work13:32
meetingology+1 I'm now happy that you appear to have integrated well into the community and have taken feedback on board and improved as a result. I would like to see your efforts continue into the future and look forward to hearing about your work received from head_victim13:32
head_victimJHOSMAN: only board members can vote :) Sorry13:32
meetingology+1 received from Destine13:32
JHOSMANOne question, why are not my vote count? I Ubuntu Member13:32
DestineJHOSMAN, you need to be a board member.13:33
JHOSMANhead_victim https://launchpad.net/~jhosman13:33
hggdhJHOSMAN: you have to be an Ubuntu member *and* a Membership Board member13:33
JHOSMANAhh ok ;)13:33
head_victimJHOSMAN: only board members can vote, we accept testimonials from all people in support of applicants though.13:33
meetingologyVoting ended on: vibhav to obtain Ubuntu Membership13:33
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:013:33
meetingologyMotion carried13:33
kokoye2007JHOSMAN:  not sitting Jude :D13:33
JHOSMAN:P no problem!13:33
hggdhvibhav: I am glad I can approve you now. Welcome in!13:33
JHOSMANCongratulations vibhav =)13:33
head_victimCongratulations vibhav, welcome to Ubuntu membership13:33
linaporrasOh yes!!! It's seams that Vibhav has been approved!!!! That's Great, Your'e so young, there¿s many things to contribute, and many places to go and share with other people about Ubuntu13:33
* vibhav hugs everybody13:34
Destinevibhav, congrats!13:34
vibhavThank you!13:34
hggdhvibhav: keep on the good work, and thank you for all your help13:34
JHOSMANCompanions, sorry but I must go to work, to spend good day13:35
vibhavhggdh: Thank YOU. I would hve never known the correct way if you werent there13:35
hggdhwe are happy :-)13:35
head_victimJHOSMAN: thanks for hanging aroudn :013:35
linaporrasI also have to work13:36
linaporrasHas been an honur to be here today13:36
linaporrasI am still exciting13:36
vibhavlinaporras: It is a long road ahead :D13:36
hggdhlinaporras: thank you, and I hope you have an splendid day13:36
linaporrasand also very very happy13:36
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Nov 21 13:36:39 2012 UTC.13:36
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-11-21-12.02.moin.txt13:36
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-11-21-12.02.html13:36
head_victimkokoye2007: are you still with us?13:36
linaporrasIn Colombia this i'ts the begining of our  work day13:36
head_victimlinaporras: I'm in Australia, it's nearly midnight here :)13:37
hggdhin the US it is the same13:37
JHOSMAN:P COlombian Time!13:37
linaporras:o God13:37
linaporrasIn Colombia 08:0013:38
head_victimAh, I'm nearly on tomrorow already!13:38
linaporrasoh that's the time magic13:38
linaporrasThank you so much for your'e time13:38
linaporrasSee you in other opportuniy13:39
linaporrasSoon Colombian's team will be posting photos of our aniversary13:39
head_victimlinaporras: thanks for your efforts in your country and congratulations once more to all the successful applicants13:39
linaporrashope you see it13:39
head_victimOk well I'll hang aroudn to see if kokoye comes back13:40
head_victimIf anyone else present has questions about membership or it's process I'm here for a bit (as are some of the other baord members)13:40
Destinehead_victim, me as well. but less focused than you. :)13:42
vibhavhggdh: When will we get added to the team?13:43
kokoye2007head_victim: meeting is done ?13:43
kokoye2007dc again :S13:43
=== Pricey_ is now known as Pricey
vibhavkokoye2007: yep13:43
head_victimkokoye2007: yes, we're still here to help13:44
head_victimDId seeing the other applicants help you udnerstand what we're looking for?13:44
kokoye2007just spamming head_victim http://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-mm/pool13:44
head_victimBasically we need evidence to support your claims to be readily available so we can process the applications with a minimum of fuss.13:44
kokoye2007thx head_victim13:44
head_victimSo if you've run events in the past linking a list to them on your application page with a short description of what your involvement was would really help13:45
kokoye2007i think i can't focus my applications bcz i pass contribute :D13:45
head_victimWe would also like to see that if your main contributions are loco efforts than there should be multiple people in your loco giving you testimonials and mentioning specifics abotu how you contribute13:45
head_victimSo for example "kokoye is great, I went to the event he organised in my local city. There were 20 people there who learnt all about Ubuntu and a good time was had by all"13:46
=== broder is now known as broder_
kokoye2007bcz now check my event and contribute. but without record :S anyway thx u head_victim13:46
kokoye2007my record is only photo :S http://www.flickr.com/photos/87236530@N07/8038236817/in/pool-ubuntu-mm head_victim13:48
kokoye2007thx for your kindly help13:48
head_victimkokoye2007: photos are great :)13:48
head_victimSo is that you giving a lecture?13:48
kokoye2007yes head_victim13:49
head_victimOk cool13:49
head_victimWas that event listed on the loco portal?13:49
kokoye2007http://www.flickr.com/photos/87236530@N07/8010380921/in/pool-ubuntu-mm is Barcamp is approve me13:49
kokoye2007yes head_victim13:49
head_victimCool, wel this shoudl be easy13:50
kokoye2007it;s a last event http://www.flickr.com/photos/87236530@N07/8038254589/in/pool-ubuntu-mm13:50
head_victimOn your wiki page I'd start a list of contributions13:50
kokoye2007now try to next event at City ICT show and Ubuntu Distribution and Introdution13:51
head_victimAnd what I'd do is say "This is a photo of me presenting at *insert event name and link to loco.ubuntu.com event* - *link to photo*"13:51
kokoye2007Nov 23 is 4th yrs (since 2009)13:52
kokoye2007thx head_victim13:52
head_victimOk, so the criteria for membership is significant and sustained. So looking at those photos I'd say that's significant effort to get that many people to an event. So all you need to do is show that that effort is sustained.13:52
head_victimHave you continued to run events or are they all from 2009?13:53
kokoye2007now our country at Ubuntu is most popular13:53
kokoye2007but M$ Windows is Many user but next 2013 last Weeks at move of 30% us change to Ubuntu (with me)13:54
kokoye2007start from 200913:54
kokoye2007last event is 17-18 Nov13:54
kokoye2007next event is 23-24 Nov13:54
hggdhzequence, vibhav, linaporras: I have added you as members of the ubuntumembers LP team13:54
kokoye2007nice zequence vibhav for Happy13:55
head_victimkokoye2007: well that is great :)13:55
kokoye2007http://www.flickr.com/photos/87236530@N07/8038236817/in/pool-ubuntu-mm is 12.10 Promotion and Training13:56
kokoye2007now we open Un-Official Ubuntu Office for Myanmar13:57
head_victimSo if you could get a few of your events listed to show how you've been involved (organising, presenting, attending)  and the photos that would be great13:57
kokoye2007free dvd iso internet access for ubuntu user / beginner / dev; head_victim13:58
kokoye2007all event is host by me and my friend (i mean never without me)13:58
head_victimIf you could then get a few of the loco team members to support the application and vouch for your efforts that would make it even easier13:58
kokoye2007it's just Core Member http://www.flickr.com/photos/87236530@N07/8005859035/in/pool-ubuntu-mm13:59
head_victimIt sounds to me like you're definitely a suitable candidate so we just need to be able to see that more clearly.13:59
Pendulumkokoye2007: also, if your LoCo members don't know English, it's okay for them to write their testimonials in a language they do know :)14:00
head_victimGoogle translate is my friend, I have no idea what language lina's application details were in but google translate gave it to me in words I understood14:00
kokoye2007it's Ok ?14:00
kokoye2007i can't approve our loco member14:00
kokoye2007it's a wrong ?14:01
vibhavhead_victim: What about the @ubuntu.com email address?14:01
kokoye2007google is can't translate our language bro14:01
head_victimvibhav: that's automatic but can take a couple of days. It's linked to your launchpad account name14:02
kokoye2007now testimonials is only other country or other team14:02
head_victimkokoye2007: enough to get the gist of the message through usually14:02
head_victimkokoye2007: do you think I've been able to explain what it is we're looking for a bit better?14:03
head_victimI'm just making sure I've made sense14:03
head_victimIf it is a lot clearer now what I was going to suggest was that you revise your application on the wiki page and then send it to me (or the board mailing list) so we can review it and provide more feedback if needed.14:03
kokoye2007so can  testimonials from our country / our loco team member14:03
head_victimkokoye2007: yes, anyone who can provide evidence that what you say you have done has actually been done is great14:04
kokoye2007ohh my god, head_victim thx u i am wrong thinking :S14:04
head_victimWe do like for people to sign the testimonials so we can verify who they are14:05
vibhavhead_victim: ah, thanks!14:05
Pendulumkokoye2007: we'd love testimonials from your country/LoCo team members. Also, we can find people to translate if we need to (since I think what you've been saying is that Google translate doesn't have most of the language(s) your LoCo members know)14:05
kokoye2007so i can try next meeting or waiting time14:05
kokoye2007 ?14:05
kokoye2007thx for helpful with head_victim14:05
head_victimkokoye2007: I"m happy for you to reapply when you're ready, if that's next month that's great.14:06
PendulumI agree with head_victim :)14:06
head_victimkokoye2007: please feel free to email me - jarednorris@ubuntu.com if you want me to have another look at the application before the next meeting14:06
kokoye2007thx head_victim Pendulum sorry for my poor language14:06
kokoye2007see ya at next meeting :S14:06
vibhavkokoye2007: Theres always a next chance. You contributions were perfect, all you need is a better way to represent yourself14:06
head_victimkokoye2007: no don't worry about language, we're just sorry we didn't explain it well on the wiki that you understood it to start with14:06
kokoye2007vibhav: thx for favor ;)14:07
Pendulumkokoye2007: if you want another eye past head_victim's I'm also reachable at pendulum@ubuntu.com :)14:07
kokoye2007ha ha i add to contact list :P private list14:07
Pendulumsorry, that was probably a bit too full of English sayings. If you want even more feedback, is all I meant :)14:07
kokoye2007ok see ya next meeting i am hungry and sorry about my self :S14:08
kokoye2007good bye take care Pendulum head_victim vibhav see ya14:08
andresmmujicaHi, I wasn't able to connect earlier.. anyone knows if linaporras was accepted as an Ubuntu Member ?14:10
head_victimandresmmujica: she was successful :)14:11
andresmmujicaohhh nice!!!  she really is a great asset for Ubuntu!!!14:11
* andresmmujica dances14:11
andresmmujicabye thank you head_victim !!14:11
head_victimandresmmujica: we agree :) She looks like she's working hard in the loco over there14:11
head_victimandresmmujica: see you later :)14:11
andresmmujicahead_victim: totally. She works really hard, she is totally committed, I'm really happy thanks!14:12
andresmmujicabye everyone14:12
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
=== fader_ is now known as fader
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
=== beuno_ is now known as beuno
=== Zic is now known as Guest98738
barrymott the foople15:58
cjwatsonbingely bingely bong16:00
cjwatsonlots of people on holiday, and infinity sent apologies16:01
cjwatsonactually not as many on holiday as I expected, looks like just Steve and Brian16:01
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Nov 21 16:02:07 2012 UTC.  The chair is cjwatson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:02
cjwatson#topic lightning round16:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
cjwatson$ echo $(shuf -e barry cjwatson ev doko ogra_ jodh stgraber xnox stokachu)16:02
cjwatsonstgraber ev barry stokachu jodh cjwatson xnox ogra_ doko16:02
=== doko_ is now known as doko
stgraber - Upstart16:03
stgraber  - Spent some time talking with James and Dmitrijs talking about the plan for the Session Init work16:03
stgraber  - Implemented a basic upstart-dconf-bridge at: lp:~stgraber/upstart/upstart-dconf-bridge16:03
stgraber - Container16:03
stgraber  - Reviewed a bunch of merge proposals and patches on the upstream mailing-list.16:03
stgraber  - Had a look at the early implementation of the syslog namespace by Serge.16:03
stgraber  - Wrote a script to run Steam under LXC: http://www.stgraber.org/2012/11/16/running-steam-in-a-lxc-container/16:03
stgraber - QA Tracker16:03
stgraber  - Did a bunch of optimization work on how the tracker loads its various plugins.16:03
stgraber  - Redesigned landing page (milestones list) to be filtered by javascript and show milestones grouped by series.16:03
stgraber  - Added a new testsuites list per balloons' request16:03
stgraber  - Fixed a bunch more php errors, now replaced by nice 404s :)16:03
stgraber - Other16:03
stgraber  - Helped the security team by extracting all my SecureBoot keys out of my system (ended up being much more tricky than expected).16:03
stgraber  - sssd was broken by a new ldb upload, breaking authentication on most of my systems.16:03
stgraber  - The new linux-libc-dev broke libnl breaking the sssd rebuild I had to do.16:03
stgraber  - Had to patch libnl to cope with some defines rename in the 3.7 kernel, then managed to rebuild sssd and login on my systems again.16:03
stgraber  - Uploaded the new sudo upstream release including sssd support.16:03
stgraber - Installer16:03
stgraber  - Fixed casper which was trying to boot an ltsp chroot instead of a the livefs on Edubuntu.16:03
stgraber  - Investigated bug 1079266 and bug 1077598. Was suspecting a Wubi 10.04 to Wubi 12.04 upgrade issue but that's not the case.16:04
stgraber    Tried to reproduce with identical package list, still without any luck. Will have to ask for more information...16:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1077598 in casper (Ubuntu) "duplicate for #1079266 package plymouth 0.8.2-2ubuntu30 failed to install/upgrade: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107759816:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1077598 in casper (Ubuntu) "package plymouth 0.8.2-2ubuntu30 failed to install/upgrade: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107759816:04
stgraber - Release16:04
stgraber  - Filed RT ticket to get scripting access to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes from nusakan.16:04
stgraber - TODO16:04
stgraber  - Look at jodh's upstart specs.16:04
ev- Short week. I took holiday on Monday to move into my new house. \o/16:04
ev- Removed the dependency on archive.admin.canonical.com so hazmat can16:04
ev  debug the juju issue in the daisy and rabbitmq charms.16:04
ev- Attended an Acunu webinar on Hailo's use of Cassandra, specifically16:04
ev  Analytics. Lots of really good points on how to best decide when to NIH a16:04
ev  tool or pick up a product.16:04
ev- Uploaded fixed activity-log-manager to quantal and precise (LP: #993056).16:04
ev- Fixed up my branch to add openid authentication to16:04
ev  http://errors.ubuntu.com/oops-local and submitted it to webops.16:04
ev- Finally finished verifying the USB disk for the shop.16:04
ev- Picked back up my compiz branch for spawning apport when applications hang.16:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 993056 in activity-log-manager (Ubuntu Quantal) ""Privacy" > "Diagnostics" > "Send error reports" can't be turned on or off" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/99305616:04
ev- Started looking at package installation failures as an error type again.16:04
ev  We're collecting these right now (5883 total reports on 09/11/12), and we are16:04
ev  in fact bucketing them: http://tinyurl.com/blsqa3a16:04
ev- Mail to Steve and Matthew on conffile prompts as errors.16:04
ev- Fix to apport for fsync'ing upstart reports, per our email discussion:16:04
ev  https://code.launchpad.net/~ev/apport/fsync-upstart-crashes/+merge/13513416:04
ev- UDS survey.16:04
ev- Teaching daisy retracer code to use a squid cache, rather than locally16:04
ev  caching the debs. The previous behavior was a significant part of the16:04
ev  retracer disk space growth. With this change, the webops team should be16:04
ev  getting fewer weekend pages to clear the caches.16:04
ev- Attempting to fix having separate application thread crash dialogs:16:04
ev  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/103390216:04
ev  The simple approach is to see if the pid is still around by the time16:04
ev  apport-gtk gets the error report, but I want to make sure that's not racey.16:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1033902 in apport (Ubuntu) "Application thread crash shows application crash error alert" [Undecided,Confirmed]16:05
barrytox packaging for debian (in the new queue now, will be synced to ubuntu when that lands). worked on virtualenv 1.8.2, but that isn't compatible with python 3.3, so worked with upstream to get a 1.8.3 which is Python 3.3 compatible (might even land today).  distribute 0.6.30, for Python 3.3 compatibility.  python-oauthlib 0.3.4.  python bug 16514 (sys.path import regression in Python 3.3).  more investigation on bug #1061149.  merge16:05
barryproposal for bug #1077083 (piston-mini-client -> oauthlib).  preliminary review of pykde4 plugin system for porting to py3.  dmb meeting.  upgraded main dev box to raring.  off this thu and fri for usa thanksgiving holiday.  done.16:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 16514 in hfsutils (Ubuntu) "hfsutils: new changes from Debian require merging" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1651416:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1061149 in linux (Ubuntu) "boot occasionally hangs while "Checking battery state..."" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106114916:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1077083 in piston-mini-client "Switch from python-oauth to python-oauthlib" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107708316:05
stokachubug 932860 needs sru review16:05
stokachubug 1077095 needs sru review16:05
stokachubug 967091 needs sru review16:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 932860 in appmenu-gtk (Ubuntu Quantal) "Broken (or missing) multiarch support" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93286016:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1077095 in appmenu-gtk (Ubuntu Quantal) "Please blacklist "IBM Notes"" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107709516:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 967091 in libvdpau (Ubuntu Precise) "Wrong tint in flash when it uses video acceleration" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/96709116:05
jodh* upstart:16:06
jodh  - fixed bug 1079710.16:06
jodh  - fixed bug 1079715 and raised MP.16:06
jodh  - completed work on SRU bug 980917 and uploaded to precise-proposed.16:06
jodh  - spec wrangling with stgraber + xnox (and a loooong meeting ;-):16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1079710 in upstart "Chroot jobs which produce output get logged to /var/log/upstart *outside* the chroot" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107971016:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1079715 in upstart "'telinit u' run from within a chroot causes a crash" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107971516:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 980917 in upstart (Ubuntu Precise) "Failed to create pty - disabling logging for job [SRU]" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98091716:06
cjwatsonstgraber: SB keys> Have you been able to use this to get anywhere with debugging shim?16:06
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
jodh    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Specs/RaringUpstartUserSessions16:06
jodh* TODO:16:06
jodh  - rework branch and discuss dbus_connection_open_from_fd() with D-Bus upstream.16:06
jodh  - resolve Upstart namespacing design (as currently being discussed on16:06
jodh    the mailing lists).16:07
jodh  - start work on implementing spec above with stgraber + xnox.16:07
stokachulol mario bros?16:07
cjwatsonev: congrats on the new house16:08
cjwatsonStill working on Secure Boot backports to 12.04.2.  debian-installer mostly done (in ppa:cjwatson/ppa), but GRUB is reporting spurious out-of-memory errors, so I've had to sidetrack into investigating that.16:08
cjwatsonWorked on cross-autobuilder.16:08
cjwatson * Mainly involved teaching myself lots about juju.16:08
cjwatson * This now works and, with four sbuild units attached, can build - or fail to build - quantal+raring main for armhf in around a day.16:08
stgrabercjwatson: not yet, but now that I have a working efivars filesystem, I should be able to add entries to the db while in setup mode, which should let me do local builds of the shim and use that for testing. Will add that to my todo, can hopefully spend some time on it this week16:08
cjwatson * About 27% of quantal main cross-builds; raring has regressed slightly, at 26.7%.16:08
cjwatson * Next step is to arrange to publish the results.16:08
cjwatsonPatch pilot half-day on Friday.16:08
cjwatsonDetailed discussion with Martin and Jean-Baptiste of plans for proposed-migration/autopkgtest integration.16:08
cjwatsonFixed various build failures: debian-installer, mpdris2, prelude-manager.16:08
cjwatsonFixed most of python-apt's autopkgtest failures.  Martin fixed the last bits.16:08
cjwatsonFixed a mismerge of a cross-build-dependency handling patch in apt.16:09
cjwatsonMarked gnome-desktop3-data Multi-Arch: foreign, spotted in cross-autobuilder results.16:09
cjwatsonRearranged cdimage to make it safe to build for multiple series in parallel (rather belatedly).  Spent some of today tracking down a consequential failure.16:09
xnox* investigating bug 98805516:09
xnoxreproduced on lucid and got valgrind output with debug symbols16:09
xnoxReading that I am a bit lost between rpcsecgss, libgluegss & krb5.16:09
xnoxEach layer seems to allocate memory on initial connection and I am16:09
xnoxfailing to trace where it is not freed.16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 988055 in nfs-utils (Ubuntu Lucid) "rpc.gssd memory leak" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98805516:09
xnox* Devices FS: flashbench is now in raring & profiled my sd-cards/memory sticks.16:10
xnoxgot back f2fs i386/amd64 from ogasawara, the arm builds failed.16:10
xnoxTODO benchmark aligned f2fs on i386/amd64 & investigate arm FTBFS16:10
xnox* ongoing upstart user sessions discussions16:10
xnox* finished clucene transition (3 packages) britney output should be16:10
xnoxsmaller now16:10
xnox* bug 837064 / rt 55554 is in progress of being deployed. A deployment16:10
ubottuError: Launchpad bug 837064 could not be found16:10
xnoxwas attempted on the lucid-based host, which failed because my patch16:10
xnoxwas targeting quantal's psycopg2. Now fixed & pending redeployment.16:10
stokachuxnox: join the clue on that rpc mess16:10
xnox* mdadm merge is in progress.16:10
xnox* plymouth needs a rebuild against (now in raring)16:10
xnoxlibdrm_nouveau2. But it FTBFS bug 1081613.16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1081613 in plymouth (Ubuntu Raring) "FTBFS in raring-proposed (libdrm_nouveau 2)" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108161316:10
xnoxstokachu: i have a rabit hole diagram in my notepad. I am suspecting it will be rpcsecgss in the end.16:10
ogra_ * nexus7 images are available under http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-preinstalled/current/ (still a bit buggy but soon to be fully usable)16:11
ogra_ * various ac100-tarball-installer fixes (need to drop the arch name soon and make it more generic)16:11
ogra_ * started working on an ubuntu-default-settings-nexus7 package16:11
ogra_ * more plymouth debugging16:11
stokachuxnox: if i get some free time ill keep looking into it as well16:11
ogra_ * set up a regular meeting for discussing the remaining WIs of https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-r-reduced-power-ram16:11
ogra_ * flash-kernel fixes16:11
evcjwatson: thanks!16:13
doko- mostly a GCC week16:13
doko- getting the target specific bits into upstream, only outstanding are alpha, ia16:13
doko64, m68k16:13
doko- packaged gcc-4.8, updated all local patches, new runtime libraries libatomic a16:13
dokond libasan16:13
stokachucjwatson: i really need to get the appmenu-gtk m-a sru'd as soon as possible if anyone could help me out16:13
doko- found out the 4.8 build is broken when making -Wformat-security the default16:13
doko- found out the 4.8 build is broken with -fstack-protector on armhf and powerpc16:13
doko- prepared backports of the multiarch patches for upstream inclusion16:13
doko- llvm-3.2 in raring, fixed clang ftbfs16:13
doko- binutils update16:13
stokachuthe other 2 are not so important16:13
cjwatsonstokachu: fair enough, I'll take another look16:14
stokachuthanks :D16:14
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
dokos/bits/multiarch bits/16:14
cjwatsonwill have to refresh my memory of the previous go-around16:14
cjwatson#topic bugs16:15
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: bugs
cjwatsonBrian's not here, but anything else people want to particularly raise?  Otherwise we can finish early :-)16:15
stokachucjwatson: i basically used your suggestion but did it in a way that conf files were not conflicting during parallel installs16:15
cjwatsonok, I'll take a look16:17
* ogra_ has bug 108074716:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1080747 in livecd-rootfs (Ubuntu) "Set a build stamp for pre-installed images" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108074716:17
ogra_i'm not really sure what to do with it, the livefs builder doesnt know anything about the build name when rolling the rootfs16:18
cjwatsonYou'll need a .disk directory somewhere or similar16:18
ogra_i could just randomly dump a unix timestamp into some file i guess but that seems ugly16:18
cjwatsonIt doesn't and can't belong in the livefs16:18
ogra_well, i have nothing processing that16:19
ogra_its either rootfs or initrd i can put stuff in16:19
ogra_and by design they come finished out of live-build16:19
cjwatsonwell in that case I guess the livefs builder may have to invent its own build ids ...16:19
ogra_thats my prob with this bug :)16:19
ogra_so unix timestamp into some fiel then, ok16:20
cjwatsonunix timestamp is a bit unfriendly.  I'd use YYYYMMDD HH:MM:SS or some such16:20
cjwatsonthat way it at least stands a chance of corresponding approximately to something on cdimage16:20
ogra_heh, yeah16:20
cjwatsontry to make it look as much like other media-info files as you can, if possible16:21
ogra_tehoretically cdimage should know what it will become in the end, no ?16:21
ogra_we coudl look it up in advance and hand it to the live builder as BuildLiveCD arg16:21
ogra_(not for now, but as a general fix)16:21
xnox... as long as ubuntu-bug ubiquity works and hands over a sensible id that we can identify all is fine.16:22
ogra_i'll use the std apport path /var/log/installer/media-info16:23
cjwatsonnot with the way buildlive is currently (mis)designed16:23
ogra_so apport will even pick it up16:23
cjwatsonit runs before cdimage has picked a build id16:23
ogra_cjwatson, well, good for the next redesign then :)  i didnt mean we need it now, a hack will do for me16:23
cjwatsonanything else?16:27
ogra_not here16:27
xnox bug 1081613 that I mentioned, but it's not urgent.16:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1081613 in plymouth (Ubuntu Raring) "FTBFS in raring-proposed (libdrm_nouveau 2)" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108161316:27
cjwatsonyeah, I was hoping to constructively ignore that until Steve is back ;-)16:27
xnoxsimply britney prints 8000 package uninstallable because of libdrm16:27
ogra_we need to update plymouth to 0.8.5 anyway16:28
xnoxso if anyone wants short britney output.... feel free to update plymouth =)16:28
ogra_slangasek said it wouldnt be an easy merge though, seems we package our own upstream16:28
xnoxthere was a proposal with but it's not a clean debdiff.16:29
cjwatsonOK, sounds like that's everything for now, thanks all16:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Nov 21 16:32:14 2012 UTC.16:32
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-11-21-16.02.moin.txt16:32
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-11-21-16.02.html16:32
* ogra_ commented16:32
barrycjwatson: thanks16:32
ogra_thanks cjwatson16:32
=== Zic_ is now known as Guest7270
* cjwatson re-enters GRUB memory management hell16:33
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Nov 21 17:00:15 2012 UTC.  The chair is Riddell. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.17:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired17:00
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
Riddellhi friends, who here for a Kubuntu meeting?17:00
BluesKajjust arrived17:00
Riddellharald has put a bunch of items on the agenda but isn't here17:01
BluesKajuhoh , gotta go ... wife just reminded me of our band meeting in less than an hr ...later gents17:02
Riddell#topic raring UDS work items17:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: raring UDS work items
Riddella smallish meeting then17:03
Riddellwho's all read the work items?17:03
Riddellor should I reschedule if it's just me and ScottK from the council?17:04
JontheEchidna(I'm here too)17:04
Riddelloh yes sorry17:04
* agateau is here for the meeting as well (but not from council)17:04
JontheEchidnaDo we have a set quorum for these meetings?17:04
Riddell3 council members on votes17:04
ScottKSo we're good then.17:05
ScottKLet's go.17:05
Riddellanything anyone doesn't understand there?17:05
Riddelllast time we had some work items that 6 months later we'd forgotten entirely what they mean17:05
ScottKScottK's unique konsole string isn't an issue for raring.17:06
ScottKIt's upstream in 4.10.17:06
* ScottK fixes17:06
JontheEchidna^was about to ask about that17:06
Riddellwe might still have some other patched in strings?17:07
ScottKWe do.  I didn't remove the whole item, just that bit.17:07
JontheEchidnapy3kde kcontrol integration is still relevant17:07
* ScottK has no idea about steveriley's item, but as long as he does.17:08
RiddellJontheEchidna: yes, that's why it's there17:08
ScottKJontheEchidna: I think I have a volunteer as well.17:08
yofelisn't the kuser work item and the one below it pretty much the same thing?17:08
yofelScottK: samba in win7 is weird and has more than one group, needs some investigation17:08
JontheEchidnaat the very least, the kuser vs. userconfig comparison doesn't seem very actionable as a work item17:08
ScottKyofel: Thanks.17:09
ScottKI'd say delete the comparison one17:09
ScottKafiestas is going to do a rewrite, so it's OBE.17:09
RiddellQuintasan: ok?17:10
RiddellI guess he's not here17:10
Riddellok removed17:10
ScottKIt'd still be groovy for him to help with design of the rewrite.17:10
Riddellthat's why it's not allocated just to him :)17:11
RiddellI'll change KDE SC 4.10 to INPROGRESS17:11
JontheEchidnalooks like canonical's Qt5 packages are now based on debian's17:12
Riddell"Investigate with Cédric Bellegarde about packaging appmenu kded" that's actually part of sc 4.1017:13
RiddellJontheEchidna: oh interesting17:13
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
ScottKPossibly related to why fabo's work item on packaging Qt5 flipped to in progress.17:13
Riddellok that all seems uncontrovertial17:14
JontheEchidnawhat's the bit about simon and a proprietary library?17:14
Riddellsimon uses a proprietary library for something but it's optional17:15
Riddellso should be fine to package (as far as we could work out in the session)17:15
JontheEchidnais it dsfg-compliant as it stands right now?17:15
jussiIm here!17:15
yofelhm, isn't the touchpad KCM work item from the deferred list a dup of the synaptics work item from packaging?17:15
Tm_Tjussi: yes you are!17:15
RiddellJontheEchidna: it's not packaged17:16
Riddellyofel: yes quite probably17:16
faboScottK: that's right, zoltan is working with me on them and push on qt5 edgers ppa17:16
Riddellfabo: great17:16
shadeslayerin order to use the proprietary lib, you also need to sign up on some site17:16
JontheEchidnaoh, I thought it was packaged for some reason...17:16
shadeslayeratleast that's what came up during the session17:17
faboRiddell: the deadline is by the end of the month17:17
yofelshadeslayer: mind if I drop your old touchpad kcm work item? we seem to have 2 new ones17:17
fabothey should be ready for upload to the official archive17:18
Riddellyofel: go for it, he can steal it back if he wants to17:18
RiddellI'll be impressed if the ibus item gets done17:18
yofelhm, development has a 3rd touchpad kcm work item17:19
jussiThats pretty important though, isnt it?17:19
Riddellyofel: everyone wants to get in on the act17:20
yofelsure, except one's assigned to ScottK, one to kubuntu-dev and the last to afiestas17:20
ScottKFeel free to do anything assigned to me.17:21
Riddelllet's have only 1 on packaging17:21
Riddellyofel: you editing or shall I?17:21
* Quintasan is totally late17:21
yofelRiddell: I'm not editing anything right now17:22
QuintasanOne item less for me? Sound fine.17:22
yofelwell, we all know that you're busy with maliit :P17:23
Riddellsteveriley have bravely volunteered for all the docs17:23
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
* Quintasan orders a round of applause for Steve17:23
Riddelljussi: you can take the credit on that mailing list item if you want17:23
jussihehe, yeah, i did that...17:24
jussibut it was all of like 3 minutes work17:24
Riddellnothing too major on images17:25
Riddellexcept we want nexus images17:25
=== Guest7270 is now known as Zic
Tm_Tjussi: work nonetheless17:25
jussiIve still a question, they asked us to put it on our council wiki page, but all I could find was this: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Council which says i shouldnt change it...17:25
Tm_TRiddell: I try talk one nexus7 for myself, then there's one real-life testing going on when we get the image rolling17:25
QuintasanNexus images eh?17:26
jussiI would do some nexus tessting if one was given, Im more than interested, but my funds are limited at the moment. so if a lend comes up, let me know.17:26
QuintasanRiddell: AFAIR ogra_ said it would be possible to spin Kubuntu images as long as we get the seed fixed17:26
Riddelljussi: feel free to add in an introduction with the link to that and the launchpad team17:27
yofelQuintasan: we do currently have omap4 dailies for raring do we need anything else?17:27
RiddellQuintasan: yep, we hope he will17:28
Quintasanyofel: OMAP4 != Tegra 3 AFAIR17:28
Quintasanbut don't quote me on that17:28
ogra-cb_kubuntu active nexus7 dailies are planned, but we are currently a) not even having ubuntu ones (should be finished this week) and b) are massively short on buildd time17:28
Quintasansince I'm not really knowlegable on that matter17:28
Quintasanogra-cb_: I can imagine that17:29
ogra-cb_we onlz have a single live builder for arm, while work is going on to abuse the package builders dynamically for that it wasnt scheduled for early raring17:29
Riddellthanks ogra-cb_, we're not wanting to rush it :)17:29
ogra-cb_what i coudl offer in the beginning (since all other flavours asked too) would probably be something with a lower frequency than daily17:30
Quintasanogra-cb_: What Riddell said, besides there is still some work to do before we even start thinking about images IMO17:30
ogra-cb_so that no flavour has to come short17:30
Quintasanlike Active 3 packaging and more importantly - fixing the seed17:30
Riddellwhich brings us onto https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-r-kubuntu-active17:31
ogra-cb_well, ubuntu dailies should be ready from end of the week, then i will have time to help with other flavours17:31
Riddellrbelem actually popped up last night and said he wants to get back into it17:31
=== buzzmandt is now known as help
ogra-cb_just give me a shout once you want them17:31
=== help is now known as Guest74642
Quintasanogra-cb_: Will do17:31
=== Guest74642 is now known as buzzmandt
ScottKogra-cb_: Thanks.17:32
RiddellQuintasan: do you know what upstream's consideration of mallit is?17:32
QuintasanYou might want to rephrase that since I'm not sure what you actually want to know17:33
shadeslayerAaron said that maliit is what active will use17:33
RiddellQuintasan: do plasma-active have any maliit integration?17:33
Riddellso any more comments on the work items?17:34
shadeslayercame up when I asked him about plasma keyboards ...17:34
Riddellif there's no more comments we can vote17:35
jussiRiddell: [kubuntu-dev] create good communications with plasma active upstream: TODO17:35
jussiwhat are we actually doing there?17:35
Riddelljussi: requested by afiestas17:35
jussiHow are we acheiving it?17:35
Riddellwell if I was packaging active I'd join the channel and talk to developers as I tested it17:35
QuintasanI suggested to mikhas that we push maliit into Debian as well but that's another matter and I will have to ask ScottK if he can help with that17:36
QuintasanBut that has to wait until I'm done with the package itself17:36
afiestasjussi: that point came out because it seems that there are soime tricky parts when packaging active17:36
afiestasand we had no idea about those tricks,  we should askj :p and not be ashame of asking xd17:36
Riddell#vote agree on work items for kubuntu raring17:37
meetingologyPlease vote on: agree on work items for kubuntu raring17:37
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)17:37
jussiafiestas: ok, I am just trying to understand what the route to getting to [done] is17:37
meetingology+1 received from ScottK17:37
meetingology+1 received from Riddell17:37
meetingology+1 received from jussi17:37
RiddellJontheEchidna: ?17:37
meetingology+1 received from shadeslayer17:37
afiestasjussi: simply by not being shy and asking questions when needed should be enough17:37
meetingology+1 received from JontheEchidna17:37
jussiafiestas: ok, good17:37
meetingologyVoting ended on: agree on work items for kubuntu raring17:37
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:017:37
meetingologyMotion carried17:37
Riddellyay, I worked out how to use the bot17:38
JontheEchidna^action item GET :P17:38
Riddell#topic membership17:38
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: membership
Riddellwe have a membership applications17:38
Riddellfrom afiestas17:38
jussioh god no... not him!! :P17:38
Riddellafiestas: who are you and why do you want to be a kubuntu member?17:38
* Quintasan throws bricks at jussi17:39
afiestasMy name is Àlex Fiestas (Alejandro Fiestas Olivares legally, you know spanish long names xD)17:39
afiestasI'm a KDE developer, working on different areas such hardware integration, kdelibs, and some other miscelania17:39
afiestasbecause of the state of KDE4 hardware integration I felt forced to empower my communication with distributions af ew years back, basically reviewing how distros were packaging my software and try to make it work best in all of them (specially bluedevilk and networkmanagement)17:40
Riddelltime to quiz afiestas17:40
afiestasfrom that, I became fond of Kubuntu, felt welcomed here, etc :)17:40
afiestasoh, why I want to become a kubuntu member17:41
jussiafiestas: what do you feel you do specifically for kubuntu? (as opposed to general kde work)17:41
afiestasI have been collaborating with Kubuntu for a few years now, 4/5 uds helping to improve the collaboration and communication between what's know as upstream and downstream17:41
ScottKPlus he had dinner with us when UDS was in Barcelona.17:42
afiestasI do Kubuntu testing (as I said before, specially checking my software) and try to give as much feedback as possible, and being as annoying as possible17:42
* Quintasan likes the latter part of that statement17:42
jussivery important that :P17:42
Riddellafiestas: how well do we compare to other distros as a faithful implementation of KDE?17:43
afiestasthe distribution doing more QA, and the more stable is opensuse imho, they have people getting paid to do that (afaik), we have been able to seen this specialy in Kontact or in networkmanagement in the past (where they had ppl working)17:44
afiestassuse though is spoiled by YAST, so they are not offering a KDE experience but their own17:44
Riddellyeah QA goes well with community only people but only to a point17:45
afiestasKubuntu in the other side had a dark past full of patches, but nowdays you have the moto of being "As much as KDE as possible" being the only ones shipping with rekonq for example17:45
Riddellit's why canonical has been upping the QA on ubuntu17:45
afiestaswhich makes Kubuntu right now one of the "purest" KDE experencie17:45
jussiafiestas: is there anything in particular you have mind to achieve in the future with us? Any particular goals?17:45
afiestasjussi: yes, quite a few17:45
buzzmandtI love rekonq, it's so almost there17:45
afiestasI want Kubuntu to become the reference distribution for developers, it MUST be the tool I can recommend to others to start17:46
afiestasI want to improve QA, by making developers check their software in Kubuntu, as I did with bluedevil and proven to be helpful17:46
afiestasI want to help with a different (not packager, not community but developer) PoV in all processes I'm now critic with17:47
afiestaslike for example, STAGING, updates, etc17:47
Riddell#vote afiestas for kubuntu member17:48
meetingologyPlease vote on: afiestas for kubuntu member17:48
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)17:48
meetingology+1 received from Riddell17:48
meetingology+1 received from ScottK17:48
meetingology+1 received from jussi17:48
meetingology+1 received from buzzmandt17:48
ScottKbuzzmandt: Only Kubutu Council can vote on this.17:48
RiddellJontheEchidna: nudge17:48
meetingology+1 received from xnox17:48
meetingology+1 received from JontheEchidna17:48
* xnox trolling =)17:49
meetingologyVoting ended on: afiestas for kubuntu member17:49
meetingologyVotes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:017:49
meetingologyMotion carried17:49
Riddellafiestas: welcome in!17:49
* Quintasan throws confetti at afiestas17:49
jussiafiestas: welcome!17:49
afiestasthanks you for trusting me :p17:49
Tm_Tafiestas: welcome! (:17:49
ScottKRiddell: Will you do the send an email thing to the CC and cc Mark.17:49
RiddellScottK: yeah can do17:49
Tm_TScottK: Riddell: also to news team17:49
shadeslayerafiestas: congrats ;)17:50
Riddell#topic Kubuntu business cards and nexuses?17:50
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Kubuntu business cards and nexuses?
Quintasanbusiness cards!17:50
RiddellI was thinking how to use the kubuntu funds to best help kubuntu17:50
Riddellbusiness cards for kubuntu members was 1 idea17:50
* Quintasan always wanted a business card17:50
Riddellthe printers local to me charge £32 for 50017:50
shadeslayerwell ... needs awesome design17:51
RiddellKDE and Canonical both do them17:51
shadeslayerRiddell: I could ask spacetime for a quote as well :)17:51
Quintasanbut I couldn't find a design plus I have absloutely no idea what's the standard size17:51
shadeslayer( our sticker guy )17:51
afiestasfrom experience, I have needed KDE ones quite a few times buecause I feel really bad giving one of my business card (from my business or the company I work for)17:51
Riddellshadeslayer: that would be good17:51
afiestashaving a community business card rocks17:52
Tm_TI'm all for business cards17:52
Tm_Tafiestas: indeed17:52
QuintasanDo we have a design?17:52
shadeslayerRiddell: will do once I get back to India17:52
Tm_Tafiestas: I had to hand out my work cards at UDS, so I didn't hand out many17:52
yofelQuintasan: don't think so, and I gave up on my attempt to make one17:52
ScottKRiddell: I'd say let's get a design and a price and then see if this makes sense.17:52
shadeslayerthere was a good design on the wiki once, cannot find it anymore17:52
RiddellQuintasan: we don't have any designers at the moment, I'm thinking just a logo + name + gpg key17:53
QuintasanRiddell: phone and email optional?17:53
yofela simple design with the current font and logo and otherwise black/white would be enough IMO17:53
Quintasanmaybe just email17:53
RiddellQuintasan: oh yes that too17:53
Quintasangpg keys seems nice too17:53
yofelgpg key should be there (short at least if the fingerprint doesn't fit)17:53
Riddellgpg fingerprint is a common use case I have for them, it's why I've never got KDE ones17:54
Riddellok I'll ask on the mailing list who wants them, limit it to kubuntu members only, and make a design and get a price17:54
Riddellmy other thinking was there's a need to have nexuses17:55
shadeslayerafaik there's a policy that only members get cards ;)17:55
yofelthere is17:55
Riddelldoes it make sense to buy some for people who will actively help make good kubuntu images17:55
yofelor was at least, haven't checked in years17:55
QuintasanRiddell: We should get the design uploaded somewhere so people can print those themselves if they ever run out17:55
JontheEchidnaI just realized that although I have a bunch of Ubuntu people's gpg keys, I don't have any Kubuntu dudes17:56
JontheEchidnawe should do a keysigning sometime17:56
Riddellthat needs you to come to UDS!17:56
JontheEchidnayeah, yeah :(17:56
JontheEchidnastupid school17:57
ScottKOr stop by my house next time on your way to Virginia.17:57
JontheEchidnakeysigning party at Scott's house!17:57
Tm_TRiddell: considering that nexus isn't that expensive, it wouldn't hurt to get a few17:57
QuintasanJontheEchidna: You're buying me a plane ticket :P17:58
Riddellahem, topic ^^17:58
JontheEchidnasoz ^^17:58
QuintasanSorry. Back on the topic, yeah Nexus would be good reference platform I THINK17:58
yofeljussi said that he wouldn't mind a nexus17:59
* Quintasan remembers the problems with TF10117:59
Quintasanyofel: I don't think anyone would mind one17:59
ScottKAbout hardware: I think Nexus7 is the right target, but are people really going to do the work.17:59
yofelI already have one17:59
shadeslayerits a fun project, but I don't think I will have the time to hack on it alot ....17:59
shadeslayeralready have a TF101, which kind of works ....18:00
yofelwe should probably discuss that on the ML once we have something that actually installs and runs18:00
Quintasan+1 yofel18:00
* shadeslayer has to leave now18:01
jussiScottK: I will commit to doing testing at lease 3 times a week.18:01
* ScottK suggests we get active packaged before spending money on hardware to test it.18:01
jussiScottK: yes18:01
jussiAlso, I would suggest we think about giving them as a lend and circulating them if people don't have time.18:01
jussieither you do something with it or you lose it18:02
Riddellok no immediate enthusiam we'll come back to that later18:02
Riddellor something18:02
Riddellany other business?18:02
jussiIf you contribute for a whole cycle, you get to keepm it as areward or something18:02
JontheEchidnaI don't think we can proceed with any of Harald's items without Harald18:02
QuintasanRiddell: I mean it would be nice to buy them outright but if things don't work out immediately then we will have nexuses lying around for nothing :(18:03
ScottKWe can declare them invalid.18:03
QuintasanScottK: +900118:03
* Quintasan giggles18:03
ScottKRiddell: I say endmeeting then.18:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Nov 21 18:04:28 2012 UTC.18:04
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-11-21-17.00.moin.txt18:04
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-11-21-17.00.html18:04
Riddellthanks all18:04
Riddellnow back to KDE SC packaging!18:04
jussigood meeting, tahnks everyone. afiestas, congrats!18:04
Riddellthis 4.10 won't package itself!18:04
jussiRiddell: I can do the email to the cc if you likwe18:05
Riddelljussi: ok go ahead, also mark and Tm_T's news team18:05
jussiIll ccc them both - ittl be done by tomorrow morning18:05
Tm_TI believe all councils/membership boards got emailed about those targets18:07
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!