mlankhorstwhere's warner, find warner!00:11
=== attente is now known as attente_zzz
jasoncwarner_mlankhorst: ? :)02:05
=== jasoncwarner_ is now known as jasoncwarner
mlankhorstfrom the wheres jason emails :)02:06
jasoncwarnermlankhorst: ah....can't believe we let someone in from a non-approved country...I mean, what's up with that?! ;)02:08
* mlankhorst whistles02:09
mlankhorst.eu is a country right?02:09
RAOFMan, that compiz SRU included more faffing around than was really necessary.02:31
robru|packingjasoncwarner, who are you and why are you trying to impersonate jasoncwarner_?03:09
* desrt notes that a really large portion of the desktop team is from commonwealth and/or francophonie nations03:11
* desrt notes that the plurality country of the desktop team is a commonwealth member of the francophonie03:11
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
desrtm_conley: hey03:20
desrtm_conley: see this?   http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57554885-93/gmail-meet-google-drive-and-behold-10gb-file-transfers/03:20
m_conleydesrt: good lord03:23
m_conleydesrt: 10gb03:23
desrtm_conley: the idea seems.... familiar, somehow03:32
m_conleydesrt: if you're referring to Filelink, 10GB is way outta range. :) I think YouSendIt, Box and Dropbox cap at something like 500MB per file.03:34
m_conleystill, it might be nice if somebody built a Filelink provider for Google Drive03:35
desrtm_conley: not really referring to the file size so much as the idea...03:35
m_conleydesrt: righto03:35
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
pittiGood morning05:54
pittijasoncwarner: I'm not actively working on unity bits right now; nobody asked me for some specifics what to help with so far05:55
pittiguess I'll talk to pgraner and mmrazik05:56
didrocksgood morning06:09
desrtgood night :p06:12
didrockshey desrt, enjoy! ;)06:14
mvopitti: good morning! re bug #1078297> is this in -proposed waiting for inclusion since "2012-11-13"? i.e. my upload was rejected because its already there?08:04
ubot2Launchpad bug 1078297 in pygobject (Ubuntu Quantal) "Crashes with GLib.child_watch_add" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107829708:04
mvopitti: please note that in order to fix this in software-center there needs to be a software-center fix as well, so it may be better to unduplicate the s-c bug or to add a new software-center task, either way is fine with me08:05
pittimvo: good morniung08:05
pittimvo: sorry, I should have thought about this upload yesterday, but I forgot about it08:06
pittimvo: yes, it has indeed been in the queue for > 2 weeks already :(08:06
pittimvo: ah ok; let's unduplicate then, and close the pygobject task with a reference to the other bug08:06
mvopitti: thanks, will do08:07
pittidoing already08:07
mvopitti: cool, even better :)08:07
mvopitti: its a bit frustrating that LP gives on visibility into uploads that wait for review ./08:07
pittimvo: it does: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+queue?queue_state=108:07
didrocksgood morning mvo :)08:07
pittimvo: ok, I updated both bugs now08:08
pittimvo: I sent the explanation to bug 1083694 this morning, BTW08:08
ubot2Launchpad bug 1083694 in software-center (Ubuntu Quantal) "crash/hang when submiting review updates" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108369408:08
mvopitti: aha, need to keep that in my bookmarks08:09
mvodidrocks: good morning!08:09
mvopitti: if you could look at/approve https://code.launchpad.net/~mvo/software-center/5.4-fix-threading/+merge/136475 that would be perfect, then I do the software-center SRU now08:11
pittimvo: commented (LGTM)08:13
* mvo prepeares upload08:13
seb128hey desktopers08:50
didrockssalut seb128 !08:50
didrocksLaney: hey, do you know which branch we should push for the SRU when using canonical branches? lp:ubuntu/quantal-proposed/compiz doesn't work and I never find the right syntax08:51
seb128hey didrocks, en forme ?08:52
didrocksseb128: ça va bien! commencé avec une longue discussion ;)08:52
didrockset toi?08:52
pittibonjour seb12808:52
seb128ca va bien08:52
seb128didrocks, that's the correct vcs but I think it doesn't exist until the first upload to that pocket08:53
seb128pitti, lut!08:53
didrocksseb128: yeah, but it's been accepted08:53
didrocksthis morning08:53
didrockshence my question ;)08:53
seb128didrocks, https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/quantal/compiz/quantal08:54
seb128but yeah, not for proposed...launchpad bug?08:54
didrockslet me try s/quantal/quantal-proposed08:55
didrockswith the long form08:55
didrocks$ bzr push lp:~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/quantal/compiz/quantal-proposed08:55
didrocksbzr: ERROR: Permission denied: "~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/quantal/compiz/quantal-proposed/": : Didier Roche is not a member of Ubuntu branches08:55
didrocksno luck08:55
pittiNB you can't create new branches that way09:00
pittiif it already exists, you can use it09:00
pitti(exists from a previous SRU, as the package importer created it)09:00
chrisccoulsoncan  a shebang be more than 80 characters? i'm guessing not by my thunderbird build error:09:01
chrisccoulsonbash: /home/chr1s/src/thunderbird/build-area/thunderbird-trunk-20.0~a1~hg20121127r11622.114209/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/mozilla/_tests/mozmill-virtualenv/bin/easy_install: /home/chr1s/src/thunderbird/build-area/thunderbird-trunk-20.0~a1~hg20121127r11: bad interpreter: Permission denied09:01
pittichrisccoulson: it's more likely that the interpreter is missing the +x perm09:02
chrisccoulsonpitti - the interpreter is executable. the interpreter is truncated to 80 characters in the error message though09:03
chrisccoulsoni wonder why i've not hit this in firefox yet :/09:03
pittihm, I never heard about such a limitation09:03
chrisccoulsonme neither, that's why i'm confused ;)09:03
chrisccoulsonit seems too much of a coincidence that the shell has truncated it to 80 characters though09:04
Laneydidrocks: yeah, just use a debdiff for SRUs, at least for the first one :(09:04
didrocksLaney: it's accepted right now09:04
didrocksLaney: so, I want to push my branch :)09:04
Laneydid the importer not create it yet?09:04
pittichrisccoulson: confirmed09:05
pitti$ cp /bin/bash /tmp/`seq -s '' 1 100`09:05
pittithen I created a /tmp/test.sh with that, and it fails with the same error09:05
pittichrisccoulson: hm, running through /usr/bin/env doesn't help either09:06
chrisccoulsonfirefox is using python-virtualenv quite extensively throughout the build. that must be fairly close to failing as well09:06
didrocksLaney: doesn't seem so (compiz on quantal)09:06
pitticalling /tmp/12345678910<tab> /tmp/test.sh works, though09:07
pittichrisccoulson: so you might need to call the interpreter explicitly09:07
didrocksLaney: and it's the second compiz SRU09:07
Laneyweird black magic09:07
Laneyoh, http://package-import.ubuntu.com/status/09:07
chrisccoulsonpitti, thanks. i'll modify the build system to do that09:07
Laneymaybe a member of ~ubuntu-branches (someone on the TB ...) could do it manually if that wouldn't brea kstuff09:08
didrocksLaney: ok, I'll ask for it09:08
didrocksthanks Laney ;)09:08
didrocksif only I knew someone of the TB09:09
didrocksoh a pitti! :)09:09
* pitti runs09:09
=== pitti is now known as universal_tb_pri
didrockspitti: too late :-) would you mind pushing lp:~didrocks/compiz/quantal to some quantal-proposed branch? :)09:09
universal_tb_prioh, that didn't work09:09
=== universal_tb_pri is now known as pitti
didrocksahah :)09:09
pitti/nick universal_tb_priv_command_executor09:09
pittididrocks: "some"?09:10
pittididrocks: the UDD branch, or some ~ubuntu-core-dev etc. one?09:10
didrockspitti: I guess lp:ubuntu/quantal-proposed/compiz is the canonical url?09:10
pittiah, so the UDD one09:10
didrocksyes please :)09:10
didrocksor is it for ~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/quantal/compiz/quantal-proposed/ for the full url?09:11
pittisame thing09:11
* didrocks like the UDD short one, the only one I can remember even if the second is indeed logical09:11
pittibzr: ERROR: Der Server meldete einen unerwarteten Fehler: ('error', 'xmlrpclib.Fault', '<Fault -1: "Unexpected Zope exception: TypeError: (\'Could not adapt\', <SuiteSourcePackage ubuntu/quantal-proposed/compiz>, <InterfaceClass lp.code.interfaces.branchtarget.IBranchTarget>)">')09:12
didrocksLaney: I think I just discovered yetanotherurl :)09:12
didrockspitti: I think you need to use the full URL first09:12
Laneythat's the "why isn't UDD working?!?!?!" url09:12
didrockspitti: at least, that's where I got the "permission denied"09:12
pittibzr push bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/ubuntu/quantal-proposed/compiz09:12
pittisame error09:12
didrocksLaney: heh ;)09:12
didrockseven with ~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/quantal/compiz/quantal-proposed/ ?09:12
pitti$ bzr push lp:~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/quantal/compiz/quantal-proposed09:13
pittithat seems to get further09:13
pittiPackaging branch version: None09:13
pittiPackaging branch status: OUT-OF-DATE09:13
pittiCreated new stacked branch referring to /+branch-id/673165.09:13
pittiand done09:13
didrocksthanks pitti ;)09:13
pittibzr branch lp:ubuntu/quantal-proposed/compiz -> still failing, though09:13
* didrocks is trying as well09:13
didrocksyeah, failing09:13
pittididrocks: any reason to not just upload it and let the importer sort it out?09:14
pittiyou can then push --overwrite, to "fix" the history09:14
didrockspitti: well, it's been 2 uploads (and 2 months) that the first SRU is released09:14
pittibut I never found UDD to work well for SRUs09:14
didrockspitti: and it was never imported09:14
didrockspitti: we use it for the daily build pre-raring (pre packaging-inlining)09:14
Laneythe compiz importer is broken per that URL I gave a minute ago09:15
didrockshence we used the pitti-universal_tb_priv_command_executor trick :)09:16
Laneyyeah, just saying that's why 'just upload'ing didn't work :)09:17
maxbThe concept of how the UDD importer should work in concert with packagers who actually *use* UDD too seems sadly fuzzy :-/09:19
maxbWhich makes fixing it rather hard09:20
Laneyit's hard to advocate that people try to use it when there's still roadblocks like these09:22
Laneylike it doesn't really matter if the importer is broken for a package which is actively maintained in UDD until you can't push your SRU branches because there's no way for mortals to create them09:22
didrocksI agree09:24
didrocksthat's one (but not the only one) of the reason that we are going with inline packaging for the unity stack09:24
didrocks(knowing that make dist doesn't distribute the packaging)09:24
chrisccoulsonpitti, oh, it's actually fixed in newer versions of python-virtualenv09:25
chrisccoulsonpitti, https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/blob/develop/virtualenv.py#L63709:25
maxbThe SRU branch thing is, I guess, something solely needing fixing on the LP side09:26
seb128chrisccoulson, backport the patch ;-)09:26
maxbOther problems are the importer's completely unhelpful rendering of v3 quilt packaging branches, and it having fights with ever-so-slightly-different revisions that humans push09:26
chrisccoulsonright, trying the build again. hopefully i get a nice shiny testsuite to run at the end of it :)09:31
dholbachcan anyone reply to https://twitter.com/lmukadam/statuses/273548780324925440 please?09:33
seb128dholbach, salut09:36
seb128dholbach, no plan to change anything yet, geary is too new to even consider it09:37
dholbachok, will reply09:38
chrisccoulsonnew and shiny? but that's the only criteria isn't it? ;)09:38
mvoin raring when I run xvfb-run for my software-center tests I see hangs - anyone lese having trouble with that in raring?09:40
=== Sweetsha1k is now known as Sweetshark
pittimvo: not here, seems to work fine; I use xvfb-run in pygobject and apport, and the autopkgtest never failed for those09:43
mvopitti: thanks, that is good to know09:44
pittimvo: I do have to wait for a previosu instance to finish before I run the next one, though (for tests which start xvfb multiple times)09:44
didrocksjibel: FYI, oif bootstrapped as well (and added more to misc for autopilot and so on)10:02
didrocks21 projects are live now10:02
didrocks4 indicators are ready, but waiting on tests to be fixed10:03
didrocks16 for unity are ready, but waiting on autopilot10:03
=== vrruiz_ is now known as rvr_
mvopitti: hm,hm, it appears that the new python-gi affects signal handling in some way, this http://paste.ubuntu.com/1394083/ used to work (I use it in the software-center testsuite) but does no longer stop aptd, the signal does not reach it. but my naive http://paste.ubuntu.com/1394086/ reproduce script is doing fine10:18
pitti$ aptd --dummy --session-bus10:20
pittithat runs here, how does it fail for you?10:20
mvopitti: it runs but it won't stop on sending sigterm10:21
mvopitti: that used to work10:21
pittikillall -TERM aptd10:21
pittimvo: can you please file a bug about it? that seems to be a rather serious regression10:21
pittimvo: on bugzilla preferrably, but LP is okay, too10:22
mvopitti: sure, hold on a sec, its not entirely trivial to reproduce, I'm working on a testcase right now10:22
pittimvo: but report with apt seems fine; I'll see to writing a test case then10:22
mvopitti: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=68920810:27
ubot2Gnome bug 689208 in general "signal handling issues with 3.7 issues" [Normal,Unconfirmed]10:27
mvopitti: do you have a idea already or is it worth for me to explore a bit more on the minimla testcase front?10:27
pittimvo: I have an idea10:28
pittimvo: danke fuer den report10:28
pittimvo: presumably from this tiny commit: http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygobject/commit/?id=191cf45a10:30
pittimvo: I'l have a look ASAP10:31
pittinote, regardless how many tests you write, there is always the n+1st bug10:31
mvopitti: heh, so true - it bugs me a bit that I can't write a easy testcase10:36
chrisccoulsoni wonder why kenvandine uploaded the original patch from bug 1076350?10:37
ubot2Launchpad bug 1076350 in WebApps: unity-firefox-extension "Crash when navigating to another page immediately after initializing unity integration" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107635010:37
pittimvo: I hope that tests/test_mainloop.py test_sigint() written with s/INT/TERM/ will reproduce it10:37
pittihm, killing a simple MainLoop with SIGTERM works fine10:43
pittimvo: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1394144/ succeeds here; so I guess aptdaemon is doing something slightly more complicated10:46
mvopitti: yeah, like I wrote before, a trivial testcase worked for me too, aptdaemon is doing more stuff indeed, dbus for a start, not sure if that affects it. and is using the dbus glib mainloop10:48
pitti           import dbus.mainloop.glib10:49
pitti            dbus.mainloop.glib.DBusGMainLoop(set_as_default=True)10:49
pittiwhen I add this to the test, it still works10:49
pittimvo: ok, I'll keep digging10:49
seb128chrisccoulson, he likely didn't follow the issue closely enough and picked the first one he crossed10:49
mvoyeah, same here :/10:49
pitti[pid  9375] --- SIGTERM (Terminated) @ 0 (0) ---10:50
pitti[pid  9375] rt_sigreturn(0xf)           = -1 EINTR (Interrupted system call)10:50
pittimvo: ^ that's what strace shows me in apt; EINTR sounds fishy10:50
mvopitti: indeed, same here10:51
pittioh, old pygobject apparently installed a signal handler for all signals, not just SIGINT10:53
pittiso this seems to be a GLib thing which previously has been shadowed by a pygobject hack10:54
mvopitti: so its all desrt fault?10:54
pittiso in a way this brings current pygobject closer to the glib behaviour, but is of course a behavioural change10:55
pittihm, but even if I do install a SIGTERM handler, it's not being called10:56
pittihm, aptdaemon does a lot of signal handling by itself, RTFS10:57
pitti./aptdaemon/core.py:        signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, self._sigquit)10:57
pittimvo: ^ when I comment this out, it works11:00
pitti(it doesn't call its .Quit(), of course)11:00
mvopitti: right11:02
mhr3why don't you use glib's signal sources?11:03
mhr3they play nice with mainloop11:03
mvomhr3: no reason really, let me see if that fixes it11:04
mvomhr3: well, except "introspectable="0"" in g_unix_signal_add11:05
pittithis is missing an annotation in glib to expose itself as unix_signal_add11:06
mvohrm, hrm, hrm, no cookie for me with that as well, this works in my minimal sigterm.py but no trace of delivery in aptdaemon11:08
mvooh, no11:09
mvoif used correct it seems to be fine *cough*11:10
pittimvo: FYI: http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/commit/?id=fca30c3e165d11:11
mvopitti, mhr3: thanks, I prepare a branch for that, regardless of the bug this is cleaner to use11:11
mvopitti: \o/11:11
pittimvo: that will break a call to _full(), though11:11
pittibut it's more consistent that way with the other API11:12
mvopitti: I'm not sure I understand, can I still ue _full() ?11:12
pittino, that'll be unix_signal_add() then11:12
mvopitti: ok, so I will prepare the branch and note that it needs a later pygobject11:13
pittithat's a bit of a problem with "Rename to:"11:13
pittimvo: not pygobject, but gobject-introspection (which ships the GLib .gir)11:13
pittic'est difficile :(11:13
mvopitti: could there be a compat interface? i.e. deprecation warning but still providing the other name?11:13
pittiyes, I can add an override11:14
mvopitti: other people might use _full() already, no?11:14
mvopitti: oh, joy, SIGQUIT is used right now but not supported by the g_unix_signal_source_new but I guess its esoteric enough that it can be ignored?11:16
pittiright, SIGQUIT doesn't seem to work either11:17
pittimvo: that's Ctrl+\11:17
pittinot that big of a deal, I guess11:17
mvopitti: yeah11:18
mvo(thats what I meant with esoteric :)11:18
=== gatox_ultra is now known as gatox
pittimvo: http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygobject/commit/?id=e45c690bc83b6d513887649de88965a9752e316d11:21
mvopitti: https://code.launchpad.net/~mvo/aptdaemon/use-glib-unix-signal-handling/+merge/136626 <- if that looks ok I will merge/upload11:23
mvopitti: nice!11:23
pittiLGTM, MP updated11:24
pittias for the bugzilla report, I'm still not quite sure what happens here11:24
pittiso glib does something funky with signals, and aptdaemon re-routes it11:24
pittiand pygobject's former re-routing (which also used g_unix_signal) somehow made it work11:25
* pitti installs pygi 3.4 to see which one was actually called11:25
pittimvo: hm, I installed 3.4.2, and that didn't work either11:26
pittioh, I'm sorry; I had a hacked source11:26
pittiit does11:26
pittimvo: so because the old pygobject installed a signal watch pipe, aptdaemon's signal handler got enabled11:27
* mvo prepares upload11:30
pittimvo: hm, http://paste.ubuntu.com/1394226/ with 3.4 exits with a KeyboardInterrupt, and the handler doesn't get called11:36
* mvo needs to head of for lunch11:36
mlankhorstseb128: no irc log in the weekly summary?11:56
davmor2hey guys is there a way to enable fglrx without Unity disappearing from the desktop in Quantal yet?12:15
=== attente_zzz is now known as attente
mvopitti: if you have a moment https://code.launchpad.net/~mvo/aptdaemon/multiline-comments-fix/+merge/136656 is needed before I can do a new aptdaemon upload as otherwise my tests are breaking, quick eyeball would be great13:15
pittimvo: fun, so */ was handled, but not /* ?13:16
mvopitti: yeah, I was a bit puzzled by this too13:17
* Laney uploads a test gstreamer 1.0 package13:21
Sweetsharkseb128: I am uploading a 3.5.7-0ubunutu2 adding bug 595910 to chinstrap. I havent tested that build locally yet, but am uploading to ppa right now (although it likely will fail because of size).13:23
ubot2Launchpad bug 595910 in Launchpad itself "Forbidden error on +participation" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59591013:23
seb128Laney, \o/13:23
seb128desrt, hey13:23
Laneyit's the smallest impact one I could find (no -good dep)13:24
seb128Sweetshark, how much change does that update contain? wouldn't it be a good idea to test it? ;-)13:24
Laneyso should let us promote the main libraries13:24
seb128Laney, cool13:24
Sweetsharkseb128: vs. the 3.5.7-0ubuntu1 upload? one patch that, a/ is on upstream master b/ has been reviewed on upstream 3.6 for backporting (and thus will be in quantal with the next 3.6.4 upload) c/ has even been uploaded for raring (although that was a waste of ressources)13:27
seb128Sweetshark, ok13:27
* desrt kicks off morning jhbuildage13:31
seb128Sweetshark, uploaded13:33
didrockshey desrt13:33
didrockslong time no see ;)13:34
desrtdidrocks: :)13:34
* Laney is scared now13:34
Sweetsharkseb128: thx13:35
seb128Sweetshark, yw!13:35
Laneyif someone wants to promote gst-plugins-base1.0 to main it should be able to build right away13:36
=== smspilla1 is now known as smspillaz
tjaaltoni've a weird lightdm issue where lightdm appears to be working fine, but I see the console output with the mouse cursor (and hear bongos)13:42
tjaaltonthis after reboot13:42
tjaaltonlightdm restart makes it normal again13:42
seb128Sweetshark, Rejected:13:43
seb128libreoffice_3.5.7-0ubuntu2.dsc: Version older than that in the archive. 1:3.5.7-0ubuntu2 <= 1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu313:43
seb128Sweetshark, you probably want to target precise-proposed rather than quantal?13:43
seb128tjaalton, not sure, seems like a vt race between xorg/plymouth/lightdm?13:44
tjaaltonplymouth isn't used in this case, ruled it out13:44
tjaaltonalso, when I vt change the mouse is still there..13:44
tjaaltonoh well, I'll bug the intel guys then13:45
* Laney smiles sweetly at seb128 and didrocks and runs off to lunch13:46
seb128Laney, I will have a look in a bit if didrocks, with his MIR hat, doesn't beat me13:46
seb128theorically it's a MIR team job ;-)13:46
* didrocks feels no social pressure13:47
seb128tjaalton, thanks13:47
seb128didrocks, not at all13:47
LaneyI don't think it needs it as 0.10 is already in main13:47
Laneyat least infinity promoted the main gstreamer1.0 package on that basis13:47
seb128Laney, susssh, don't ruin my plan :p13:47
didrocksI'll just promote I guess after a quick look13:47
Laneylunch → to the running shoe shop13:48
* Laney fears for his heart and lungs13:48
didrocksLaney: enjoy!13:48
Sweetsharkseb128: dah, indeed. brainfart.13:54
Sweetsharkseb128: fixing13:55
seb128Sweetshark, thanks13:55
pittichrisccoulson: hm, where can I see firefox' cookie blacklist?13:55
pittichrisccoulson: I removed some, and now firefox apparently automatically blacklisted the site I was removing cookies for13:56
pittiand I can't figure out how to get them back13:56
chrisccoulsonpitti, permissions.sqlite13:56
kenvandinedidrocks, yay for seeing the first autolanding for webapps :)13:56
pittioh is that network.cookie.blockFutureCookies ?13:57
pitti(in about:config)13:57
pittichrisccoulson: ^ that's "true" for me now13:57
* pitti resets it13:57
didrockskenvandine: yeah \o/13:57
didrockskenvandine: now your turn to bootstrap all the stack we are confident with! :)13:57
kenvandinei manually did the last release of unity-firefox-extension just to get fixes out there13:58
pittichrisccoulson: ah, so there's no UI for this?13:58
chrisccoulsonpitti, i'm not even sure that setting is used anywhere13:58
pittino, still doesn't work13:58
seb128kenvandine, hey, speaking of which, chrisccoulson suggested you took the wrong version of the patch you applied to it13:59
kenvandinei took what was merged into trunk13:59
seb128chrisccoulson, <chrisccoulson>i wonder why kenvandine uploaded the original patch from bug 1076350?13:59
ubot2Launchpad bug 1076350 in WebApps: unity-firefox-extension "Crash when navigating to another page immediately after initializing unity integration" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107635013:59
didrockskenvandine: so maybe we can have an automated one for the fix? :)14:00
* didrocks sees that as an opportunity14:00
kenvandinechrisccoulson, i took rev 34814:00
Sweetsharkseb128: just for completeness: should the last-version in genchanges be the last successful -proposed upload, or the last successful precise upload?14:00
kenvandineso i guess they merged the wrong version of the fix14:00
seb128Sweetshark, the current version in -updates14:01
Sweetsharkseb128: k14:01
Sweetsharkseb128: then it was right for a change ;)14:01
seb128Sweetshark, e.g you want to list everything > 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1.114:01
kenvandineoh... that was the CVE14:02
Sweetsharkseb128: yep14:02
kenvandinethat was the version that mdeslaur uploaded14:02
kenvandinei didn't modify the patch14:02
mdeslaurhuh? I took r350 and r351... https://launchpadlibrarian.net/123717655/unity-firefox-extension_2.4.1-0ubuntu1_2.4.1-0ubuntu1.1.diff.gz14:07
kenvandinehey mdeslaur14:07
mdeslaurkenvandine: hi!14:07
mdeslaurkenvandine: I'm a bit confused :)14:07
kenvandineit hasn't been merged into trunk yet14:07
kenvandinei am too :)14:07
pittichrisccoulson: ok, "select * from moz_hosts where type = 'cookie';" did the trick14:07
pittichrisccoulson: I'm sure my mother could figure this out :)14:08
mdeslaurkenvandine: ah, yes, chrisccoulson told me that was the wrong one14:08
mdeslaurkenvandine: the right fix is r350..351 from here: https://code.launchpad.net/~chrisccoulson/unity-firefox-extension/lp107635014:08
chrisccoulsonof course, the right, right fix would be to rewrite it to stop attaching document specific objects to the outer window :)14:09
kenvandineso the other branch shouldn't get merged14:09
kenvandinesomeone should kill that MP :)14:10
kenvandinechrisccoulson, is it worth another upload to change that?14:10
chrisccoulsonkenvandine, not really. i suspect that would be a much bigger change tbh14:10
kenvandinewell i need to relocate to the car dealership, getting work done :)14:11
chrisccoulsonand if you asked me to do that, i'd probably just start from scratch ;)14:11
kenvandinehehe :)14:11
kenvandinei'll be back in ~20-30m14:11
chrisccoulsonpitti, there are some issues atm (see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=814554)14:12
ubot2Mozilla bug 814554 in General "Firefox 17 silently stops processing permissions.sqlite when rejecting rules valid under Firefox 16" [Normal,Assigned]14:12
chrisccoulsonyours seems like the opposite problem though ;)14:12
Sweetsharkseb128: I dont need to version bump as this was rejected anyway, right?14:13
seb128Sweetshark, correct, you never need to bump version for things that don't leave the queue14:13
seb128Sweetshark, queue doesn't count, you can have several times the same version in it14:13
Sweetsharkseb128: I guessed so, but still a bit uncertain as I never do the sponsoring ...14:16
Sweetsharkseb128: fixed on chinstrap, currently building (although not on precise, but on quantal -- by precise pbuilder is already gone as 3.5.7 was the last upstream micro for 3.5)14:31
seb128Sweetshark, ok14:32
didrocksLaney: the packaging looked sane, I promoted the whole stack as the only one which was not in main was the gnomevfs one which obviously doesn't exist anymore14:52
Laneydidrocks: merci!15:03
didrocksde rien :)15:04
=== gatox is now known as gatox_lunch
=== vrruiz_ is now known as rvr_
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
=== gatox_lunch is now known as gatox
mvopitti: sorry for naging again, just to double check "GLib.io_add_watch()" is really io_add_watch_full() i.e. I need to look at the signature of that C functions for the paramter order? or is there a better way to find out how its correctly called? working on lp:~mvo/software-center/fix-pygobject-deprecation-warnings atm16:16
pittimvo: right, that one already has a Rename:16:17
pitti    <function name="io_add_watch_full"16:17
pitti              c:identifier="g_io_add_watch_full"16:17
pitti              shadows="io_add_watch">16:18
pittiin /usr/share/gir-1.0/GLib-2.0.gir16:18
mvopitti: and I use GLib.PRIORITY_HIGH or will that become GLib.Priority.HIGH at some point (like most of the other consts)?16:19
seb128Sweetshark, you got the .changes list of versions wrong (not a stopper), just pointing it ... I said > 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1 not >= ... eg you should include all the changes since what is in -updates, 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1 being in update it shouldn't be included16:20
pittimvo: no, those are global constants, not enums (historical reasons?)16:20
pittimvo: i. e. GLib.PRIORITY_HIGH is fine16:20
mvopitti: aha, ok16:20
* Sweetshark realizes he still reads "historical reasons" as "hysterical reasons" from his OpenOffice.org times ....16:41
mspencermpt: I have another question regarding Contributor Console.17:20
=== Sweetshark is now known as Sweetsharl
=== Sweetsharl is now known as Sweetshark
achianghello, i sent up an MP yesterday, but not sure if the right folks got notified... https://code.launchpad.net/~achiang/appmenu-gtk/memleaks-787736-780602/+merge/13655017:33
achiangkenvandine: ^^ ??17:33
* kenvandine looks17:34
kenvandinecharles, larsu: i assume one of you are looking after appmenu-gtk right?17:35
kenvandineoh, that's a backport17:35
* charles looks17:35
achiangthe fix is already in trunk17:35
kenvandineso you want to SRU that to precise?17:35
achiangbut it never got into precise17:35
achiangi want to SRU into precise17:36
charleskenvandine: yes, that's one of mine17:36
kenvandinecyphermox, ^^ appmenu-gtk is your package right?17:36
charlesIMO it's likely safe for backport17:36
cyphermox"my" package ;)17:37
kenvandinehehe :)17:37
charlesin balance tho, it's a smallish leak17:37
=== rickspencer3_ is now known as rickspencer3
cyphermoxcharles: doesn't take much if it gets called a lot17:37
cyphermoxachiang: I'll take care of it17:37
charlesplus, it's fixed in Q with no complaints so far17:37
seb128it's not a trivial diff17:37
charlesso I'd say go for it17:37
achiangcharles: anything we can do to fix #780602 would help17:37
kenvandinecharles, do you know if there are other fixes in the 0.4 branch worthy of SRU?17:37
seb128bug #78060217:38
ubot2Launchpad bug 780602 in network-manager-applet (Ubuntu Precise) "nm-applet leaks memory and stops functioning after a while" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78060217:38
charleskenvandine: let me look at the changelog...17:38
achiangcyphermox: i can prepare a debdiff to get another upload credit... ;)17:38
cyphermoxachiang: yes, that can help17:39
achiangok, well, i guess i'll wait for charles to accept the MP first17:39
charleskenvandine: no, nothing else SRU worthy. not many changes in that package last cycle17:40
achiangso in general, what is the process for doing SRUs when an upstream branch exists too? send MP for branch, wait for it to get accepted, then create a debdiff, subscribe ubuntu-sponsors, then do SRU paperwork?17:41
didrocksachiang: right, it's the best workflow (but will change for raring and going on ;))17:42
charlesachiang: you'll want to pull in r160 as well17:42
LaneyI saw!17:42
achiangdidrocks: thanks. hopefully it will get simpler in raring. :)17:42
achiangcharles: ah, ok17:43
seb128Laney, ;-)17:43
charlesachiang: that undoes g_debug() call in r158 that was too noisy17:43
didrocksit definitively will :)17:43
achiangcharles: thanks17:43
Laneybuilding good now17:43
seb128Laney, thanks17:43
Laneyyou could promote it as-is17:43
Laneyit just misses some other plugins, but nothing brasero needs afaik17:43
* seb128 looks at didrocks :p17:43
seb128didrocks, http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.txt ... see what you did, didn't promote gst-good :p17:43
didrocks /quit toooooooooooooo late :-)17:43
charlesachiang: ping me after you update and I'll approve it17:44
achiangcharles: ack, thx17:44
didrocksseb128: I promoted what I was aked to promote TBH :p17:44
Laneyis true, I didn't think it was good17:44
seb128not good enough it seems17:44
Laneybadum tish17:45
didrocksright, but not ugly17:45
didrocksso we miss gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio17:46
* seb128 kicks firefox17:49
seb128not listing the first awesome bar result in the popdown sucks, please give me that back rather than trying to be smart and autofile the entry17:49
didrocks * libpng-dev does not exist (pure virtual?)17:49
didrocksLaney: ^?17:49
Laneyit probably is pure virtual17:50
didrocksLaney: how the build-dep is working then? :)17:50
Laneylibpng12-dev is in main17:50
didrocksLaney: libpng doesn't provide/have a package for libpng-dev17:51
didrocksthis is an issue on building, right?17:52
Laneyno, libpng12-dev Provides libpng-dev17:52
Laneycheck the build log, it gets it right17:52
didrocksweird, so deps aren't matched for installing a new package, but for build-deps it's fine?17:52
* didrocks is puzzled17:53
didrocksLaney: do you know about this? (the logs looks good, but I wanted to know how this perform this magic) ^17:55
LaneyIt's part of the contract that libpng provides17:56
Laneya 'libpng-dev' pure virtual package that is guaranteed to only be provided by one real -dev package17:56
Laneyso that they can transition by changing the provides to libpng13-dev in future and every build-depending package doesn't have to be updated17:56
Laney(won't work if you want a versioned BD though, as Provides are versionless, so in that case you have to use the real package name)17:57
didrocksLaney: interesting, I didn't know there was a special case for a provides to be only done by one package17:58
didrocksLaney: for that you just have one in the whole archive and it's enough? or you have more magic?17:58
didrocks(doesn't seem from the packaging)17:59
LaneyI'm not sure what happens if there are multiple providers17:59
didrocksyeah, I knew about the version-less, didn't know that this case was handled17:59
Laneyperhaps apt just arbitrarily chooses one to install17:59
didrocksLaney: I guess, it's the same than for the deps case: it will tell you that there is no candidate17:59
Laneyor maybe it's an error18:00
didrocksanyway, everything is good18:00
didrockspromoting the missing stack18:00
Laneytomorrow I'll push the big stack18:02
Laneyafter moving the rest of the plugins to good and filing bugs on at-risk packages18:02
Laneyhopefully won't require any more promotions18:03
didrocksLaney: if you need, do not hesitate, it's quite quick for those18:03
achiangcharles: pulled in r160 too18:07
charlesachiang: thanks, approved18:14
achiangcharles: thanks! do you merge it or do i?18:14
charlesachiang: I /think/ the bot will do it, though I'm not positive that it watches the older branches for merges18:17
charlesachiang: if nothing happens, I'll merge it manually18:18
achiangcharles: ok, thanks18:20
=== attente is now known as attente_zzz
* didrocks waves good evening18:37
seb128didrocks, 'night18:37
didrocksseb128: you too! if autolanding works fine, you'll have a lot of packages to NEW tomorrow :)18:37
seb128I will keep an eye open for that ;-)18:37
didrocksyou'll need 2 I guess :p18:37
micahgumm, I thought stuff that required NEW wouldn't be autouploaded18:38
seb128I will open the second once the first one see something moving :p18:38
didrocksmicahg: why? It's ending up in the NEW queue18:38
didrocksmicahg: why would you care the way it was uploaded to ubuntu?18:38
micahgdidrocks: well, I was under the impression that debian dir changes required review before auto uploading18:38
didrocksmicahg: it does18:39
didrocksmicahg: and a manual hack18:39
micahgah, ok18:39
didrocksso it will go through this process where I have to rerun the publisher manually18:39
didrocks(even if I already ack the changes before adding the project to the stack)18:39
didrocksso basically acking my ack ;) and then, as usual, having another archive admin to NEW it18:40
achiangcyphermox: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appmenu-gtk/+bug/78773619:26
ubot2Launchpad bug 787736 in appmenu-gtk (Ubuntu) "RebuildData structs are leaked in rebuild() / do_rebuild()" [Medium,Fix released]19:26
Sweetsharkraring daily image fails with 'a general error when mounting filesystems'. Known issue?19:36
cyphermoxachiang: cool, thanks. I'll get to it right aster I'm done grabbing data from this modem19:36
achiangcyphermox: thanks!19:36
Sweetsharkachiang: do you have a minute?19:38
achiangSweetshark: sure19:38
jbichaLaney: we need a grilo MIR before uploading Totem 3.619:44
seb128or to disable the option?19:49
cyphermoxachiang: patch looks odd to me. are you sure that typedef struct _RecurseContext gets removed and really should be? I see it being removed but no removals of any reference to it19:52
achiangcyphermox: i'll double-check it19:53
cyphermoxI looked fast19:54
=== attente_zzz is now known as attente
achiangcyphermox: might take me a bit19:57
achiangcyphermox: ok, so removing _RecurseContext was commit r152.3.1 in trunk, which is "remove dead code" so it was never used anyway20:01
achiangcyphermox: i cherrypicked the entire r158 patch, which had a cleanup in it, i guess (and was what was eventually merged into trunk)20:02
achiangcyphermox: does that make sense? it's more obvious if you use bzr qlog on trunk, and expand r15820:03
cyphermoxwell, np20:03
cyphermoxfair enough, it is indeed dead code20:10
cyphermoxI don't like patchless packages20:16
cyphermoxachiang: there is already a appmenu-gtk in precise-proposed, it was uploaded 2 hours ago20:18
jbichaseb128: Laney: oh ok, I had trouble building without grilo earlier but it works now20:19
achiangcyphermox: d'oh. i guess i'll respin with a new version?20:19
achiangcyphermox: or rather, what is the protocol here?20:19
cyphermoxachiang: could you? then we'll have to deal with making sure they all get acked20:19
cyphermoxcould be verification-failed and re-uploaded with all the fixes together I guess20:20
achiangcyphermox: so: download 1.1 from -proposed, refresh my diff, re-test, then attach new debdiff with 1.2 version string?20:20
cyphermoxsince it's a recent upload and not something that's been sitting in proposed for weeks20:20
cyphermoxyeah, there's a procedure for this but I can't remember all the details...20:21
achiangubuntu development is somewhere between linux-kernel and hpux kernel in development complexity/process ;)20:22
* Sweetshark starts a VM with 24GB RAM and 32 cores on his desktop. Yep -- works.20:24
Sweetshark.oO(... and thus that machine has more RAM than discspace)20:24
xnoxSweetshark: that will fail to install ubuntu-desktop as it will try to allocate 24GB for swap and fail the install20:28
cyphermoxachiang: it's that you don't want to just kill off the sru that is already in "progress", but at the same time you don't have to wait 7+ days for it to be verified and make it to -updates, and since it's SRUs all the individual changes need to be verified ;)20:28
achiangcyphermox: so, what should i do? this is ... hard :)20:31
Sweetsharkxnox: hum, seemed to have worked out. lemme check that.20:34
xnoxSweetshark: as in, ubiquity install should/will fail20:34
Sweetsharkxnox: I just clicked though the installer (12.10) and got 4.3G / and 11G /home but no swap.20:36
xnoxSweetshark: did you do any funny preseeding? (and this is with ubuntu desktop cd / ubiquity or something else?)20:37
seb128Sweetshark, that's weird, clicking through the installer shouldn't give you a separate user dir20:37
xnoxI was expecting you to experience a Laney classic bug 106696420:37
ubot2Launchpad bug 1066964 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Auto partitioner can create a root partition which is too small" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106696420:37
Sweetsharkxnox: vanilla 12.10 desktop amd64 cd ..20:38
Sweetsharkxnox, seb128: ahh, I have an idea what happened ... although .... hmmm ...20:39
xnoxSweetshark: zfs or btrfs used by any chance?20:39
xnoxthat's the two conditions when it would do that....20:39
xnoxSweetshark: or did you "accidently" use the upgrade option?20:39
Sweetsharkxnox, seb128: I used the 13.04 daily and it failed with 'general mount error', before it did even show a desktop. OTOH it shouldnt have touched the disc at that point?20:40
jbichapitti's not still here, is he?20:41
xnoxSweetshark: i can see that message as well, did not troubleshoot yet, but it does bring up the installer after showing that warning.20:41
jbichatotem's not recognizing that python-gobject-dev is installed http://paste.ubuntu.com/1395386/ http://git.gnome.org/browse/totem/tree/configure.in?h=gnome-3-620:42
Sweetsharkxnox: so insert 13.04 daily, fail before seeing any desktop, insert 12.10 final, click through ..20:42
xnoxSweetshark: from the installed system can you do `ubuntu-bug ubiquity` that will upload the logs for me to inspect =)20:43
cyphermoxachiang: just prepare your debdiff with the version being 1.2, I think the rest I can fix with how I build the package after20:45
cyphermoxseb128: what's the procedure to supersede the appmenu-gtk you sponsored earlier ? :)20:45
cyphermox(for precise sru)20:45
Sweetsharkxnox: do you need the debug log (which includes the password)?20:47
seb128cyphermox, talk to slangasek but we already jointed several updates so I think it's "do an update on top of the current one and wait a week"20:47
cyphermoxseb128: right, so that's what I thought20:47
xnoxSweetshark: which has no passwords unless booted with debug-ubiquity.20:47
seb128just put it in the queue20:47
xnoxSweetshark: not really =)20:47
seb128it will stay there until the current one goes to updates20:48
xnoxSweetshark: we have no way to tell if the debug has or has not the passwords, hence the warning.20:48
* xnox should fix that20:48
cyphermoxwould mostly be a matter or taking that debdiff and uploading by building as bzr bd -- -V$version-in-release)20:48
seb128talk to slangasek if you want that extra fix included in the same run20:48
seb128otherwise take the current queued update, applied you diff, debuild -S and upload20:49
seb128it will just take a week until it's reviewed20:49
seb128well, if you are lucky20:49
Sweetsharkxnox: ok, so you dont need the log, thus Ill click 'no' to not include the log.20:49
seb128the queue backlog is rather 3 weeks20:49
cyphermoxseb128: yeah ;)20:49
cyphermoxachiang: ok to wait ~1 week or is this rush and a Canonical priority? ;)20:51
achiangcyphermox: no rush, except my own personal one. ;)20:52
Sweetshark.oO(having a password longer than a fscking windoze activation key sucks when reporting bugs from a VM)20:52
achiangsick of nm-applet going out to lunch! :)20:52
cyphermoxok ;)20:52
cyphermoxso we'll wait after this batch of updates gets through to -updates. it shouldn't take too long to get verified20:53
achiangcyphermox: works for me20:53
* cyphermox takes this opportunity to travel back home while it's not yet a bad storm outside20:55
cyphermoxback later.20:55
cyphermoxseb128: is the Notes backport planned to hit quantal too?20:56
jbichamaybe the pygobject problem is related to it being multiarched today?20:59
notgaryI'm trying to find out who MCR1 is. I'd never met them before the paper cuts meeting last week, and i'd like to get in touch with them regarding their work on the paper cuts project. Could someone please point me towards their Launchpad profile? My internet stalking skills seem to be failing me tonight :P21:01
Sweetsharkxnox: bug 1084249 -- note that I didnt exactly took care on reproducability during install ....21:02
xnoxSweetshark: cannot see that bug. Assign it to me?21:03
Sweetsharkxnox: you are?21:04
Sweetsharkxnox: subscribing you in addition, does it help?21:04
xnoxSweetshark: it did =)21:04
xnoxSweetshark: this is very strange....21:09
jbichanotgary: https://launchpad.net/~mc-return21:11
notgaryjbicha: Excellent! Thanks a lot :)21:12
* Sweetshark wondered why his machine had some latency. turns out the jenkins on the host started a (-j32) libreoffice build while the VM had 24GB and 32cores alloced, I guess that explains it.21:15
qenghoSweetshark: "some latency"? Ow.21:17
Sweetsharkqengho: well, I had to restart mplayer once as the stream was choking. Although that might just have been suboptimal trafficshaping with upgrading/downloading to raring from the VM.21:19
Sweetsharkqengho: chucking along nicely at load average ~ 6021:20
qenghoI'm envious.21:21
Sweetsharkqengho: doing a libreoffice build from scratch in 18 minutes is nice. in 3-4 with a warm ccache is even nicer. (both in tmpfs)21:23
Sweetsharkqengho: 24 minutes (not in tmpfs), while having a 24GB RAM VM upgrading to raring in the background.21:26
=== lifeless_ is now known as lifeless
xnoxSweetshark: how long does a qemu-armhf build take?21:45
Sweetsharkxnox: havent tried yet.21:46
Sweetsharkxnox: I can report back in day or so ... gotta run now.21:47
jbichadesrt: I'm thinking about having the GNOME Remix use Software Center instead of gpk22:05
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
kenvandineRAOF_, ping22:23
kenvandineRAOF_, when you get a chance, can you please look at the gwibber SRU for precise?  it's been waiting in unapproved since october22:23
kenvandineRAOF_, yesterday i looked for it in the queue and didn't see it, so i uploaded it again... then i found it :)22:24
kenvandineso it is there twice22:24
soindxist side-by-side?22:55
soindI was logging in to ask if the longterm plan is for Ubuntu to do away with the global menu in favor of HUD, or if they will exist side-by-side?22:56
soindI personally would like the option of using both.22:56
soindI was logging in to ask if the longterm plan is for Ubuntu to do away with the global menu in favor of HUD, or if they will exist side-by-side?23:19
desrtjbicha: that makes senes23:31
Sweetsharkwhats the canonical way to make a qemu-armhf build now? I find lots of docs that are outdated and tried qemu-debootstrap --arch armhf quantal eapi-chroot, which fails by not being able to download procps and python323:40
jbichaSweetshark: isn23:42
jbichaSweetshark: isn't the "Canonical" way to use the pandaboard they give away to developers?23:42
Sweetsharkjbicha: 22:44 < xnox> Sweetshark: how long does a qemu-armhf build take?23:43
jbichaI wish I knew how to set up my sbuild to do armhf builds23:44
xnoxSweetshark: mk-sbuild --arch armhf raring23:44
Sweetsharkjbicha: which is a valid question when you have a 32GB RAM, 32 core amd64 machine and do libreoffice builds regularly ...23:44
xnoxSweetshark: sbuild -A -d raring --host armhf --build armhf23:44
xnoxjbicha: ^^^^^23:45
xnoxSweetshark: jbicha: one can also use pbuilder-dist --arch armhf, but that is slower than sbuild23:46
Sweetsharkxnox: thanks. someone who knows about the stuff should go feral on the wiki and kill all the obsolete crap like rootstock, qemu-debootstrap, etc. ...23:46
xnoxSweetshark: ack will point it out.23:46
xnoxSweetshark: I presume google will find the rootstock & qemu-deboostrap references for me right?!23:47
* xnox never heard of above mentioned pieces of software23:47
jbichaxnox: oh, that's easier than the way I was setting up sbuild: http://wiki.debian.org/sbuild thanks :)23:48
xnoxjbicha: yeah, mk-sbuild rocks compared with "typical" way of setting it up.23:48
xnoxjbicha: and it's available on debian, and it works with ubuntu&debian out of the box, and it supports native, qemu-native and cross compilation.23:49
Sweetsharkxnox: well, google found them for me: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootfsFromScratch/QemuDebootstrap, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootfsFromScratch, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootStock where still high hits for me on a "ubuntu qemu arm" search23:49
xnoxalong with --eatmydata and --vg myexternalvolumegroup23:50
xnoxSweetshark: *shrug* thanks.23:50
Sweetsharkxnox: the are marked deprecated, but google doesnt seem to bother.23:50
xnoxSweetshark: I'll write something up and re-direct people.23:51
Sweetsharkhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM also still points there.23:52

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!