=== chiluk_away is now known as chiluk
=== amithkk is now known as Guest39143
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== henrix_ is now known as henrix
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
=== mmrazik|afk is now known as mmrazik
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
=== cking_ is now known as cking
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
=== mmrazik|afk is now known as mmrazik
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
=== mmrazik|afk is now known as mmrazik
=== Guest39143 is now known as amithkk
=== huats_ is now known as huats
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|otp
=== mmrazik|otp is now known as mmrazik
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|otp
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Jan  9 16:02:56 2013 UTC.  The chair is cjwatson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:02
cjwatson#topic lightning round16:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
cjwatson$ echo $(shuf -e barry bdmurray cjwatson ev doko ogra_ jodh stgraber xnox)16:03
cjwatsonstgraber jodh bdmurray cjwatson ev doko ogra_ xnox barry16:03
cjwatsonoh DAMNIT16:04
cjwatsonsorry, I always go down the directory from Steve16:04
cjwatsonand as a result I always miss you :-(16:04
cjwatsonstokachu: go first, then :-)16:04
stokachulol its cool16:04
stokachu- sick last week been catching up on internal bugs16:04
stokachu- finished packaging firefox esr for certain interested parties16:04
stokachu- got accepted into UCD, next stop Core-dev16:04
stokachu- reviewing merge/sync documentation both traditional way and UDD16:04
stokachu- working on sosreport plugins for Debian/Ubuntu https://github.com/sosreport/sosreport16:04
cjwatsonperhaps stgraber isn't around16:07
cjwatsonjodh: ?16:07
stgraberI'm, sorry16:07
stgraber - Upstart16:07
stgraber  - Tested stateful re-exec of the user session daemon16:07
stgraber  - Initial implementation of the UPSTART_SESSION environment variable to access the session daemon when DBus isn't around16:07
stgraber - Container16:07
stgraber  - Code reviews.16:07
stgraber  - Quite a lot of work on bionic support, sent first version of the patchset, then did a lot of changes and got the v2 merged an hour ago.16:07
stgraber  - Started porting libcap to bionic so we can have a bionic build of LXC drop the usual capabilities and stop causing the host to reboot on shutdown/reboot of the container.16:07
stgraber - Other16:07
stgraber  - Some follow-up on a weird biosdevname issue.16:07
stgraber - Networking16:07
stgraber  - Discussed ifupdown a bit with Andrew. Some changes in the HG branch may cause some problems on Ubuntu, will have to keep watching.16:07
stgraber - TODO16:07
stgraber  - Get my upstart branch in shape for review.16:07
stgraber  - Finish porting libcap to bionic.16:07
stgraber  - Go through the isc-dhcp and resolvconf bugs.16:07
stgraber  - Try to apply redhat's fiberchannel patchset to our isc-dhcp.16:07
jodh* Upstart:16:08
jodh  - Fixed tty-serial.conf (bug 702574), soon to be added to raring branch.16:08
jodh  - Fixed bug 881885 and raised MP.16:08
jodh  - Investigating bug 1096531.16:08
ubottubug 702574 in upstart (Ubuntu) "getty should be started automatically on serial port when serial console is set on kernel command line" [Wishlist,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70257416:08
jodh  - Finished init and initctl code to manipulate job environments (see16:08
ubottubug 881885 in upstart "init-checkconf fails when X not running or DISPLAY not set" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88188516:08
ubottubug 1096531 in upstart (Ubuntu) "After touch /forcefsck and reboot: Assertion failed in log_clear_unflushed" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109653116:08
jodh* TODO:16:08
jodh  - write tests for job environment manipulation APIs.16:08
bdmurraytested fix for bug 107282816:08
bdmurraytested bug 915626 regarding usb-creator crashes16:08
bdmurraySRU verification of bug 107138816:08
bdmurraySRU verification of apport in precise16:08
ubottubug 1072828 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "[REGRESSION] release upgrader tool became untranslated" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107282816:08
ubottubug 915626 in usb-creator (Ubuntu Quantal) "usb-creator-gtk crashed with SIGSEGV" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91562616:09
ubottubug 1071388 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Quantal) "UnicodeDecodeError in askYesNoQuestion of DistUpgradeViewText.py" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107138816:09
bdmurraymodified pending-sru report to show date of last comment as it is easier to remember dates than comments16:09
bdmurrayirc discussion with evan and mpt regarding rank of errors16:09
bdmurrayworked on source package rank sorting issue in errors16:09
bdmurrayworked on subscribed packages view for errors in the cloud16:09
jodhoops - that 'see' in my report should refer to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Specs/RaringUpstartUserSessions#Core16:09
bdmurraywrote pycassa code to get oops count on a weekly basis for Ubuntu 12.1016:09
bdmurraysubscribed foundations-bugs to libsemanage and ustr packages16:09
bdmurray⁂ done16:10
cjwatsonGRUB: Pushed some patches to Debian; converted to GCC 4.7; merged back into Ubuntu.16:10
cjwatson - Discussion of work needed for xorg enablement stack.  Need to get moving on this in the coming week.16:10
cjwatson - Uploaded djview4 and grub2 SRUs.16:10
cjwatson - Fixed sawfish bug 1083260 for precise/quantal/raring at a friend's request.16:10
ubottubug 1083260 in sawfish (Ubuntu Quantal) "Can't resize Firefox 17.0 window with sawfish" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108326016:10
cjwatson - Fixed Chinese edition image build failures.16:10
cjwatsonCross-building: Fixed patch, xz-utils, kmod, and hopefully xterm.16:10
cjwatsonLots of merges and random build/upgrade fixes.16:10
cjwatsonCaught up on archive removals a bit.16:10
cjwatsonSorted out most of the tail-end of the opencv transition by way of a messy gluegen2/armhf build fix.  Need to do something similar to libjogl2-java.16:10
cjwatsonWorking on backporting support for :any and :native build-dependencies to the Debian buildds, so that we stop having to carry such things as Ubuntu deltas.16:10
ogra_heh, sawfish still has users ?16:10
dokocjwatson, did kmod need anything besides dropping b-d's?16:11
cjwatsondoko: that was all16:11
* xnox doesn't even know what sawfish is =) i think i should be glad.16:11
cjwatsonxnox: a WM16:11
ev- Very short week. Holiday until Friday, then off again on Monday.16:11
ev- Continuing to get the charms ready for prodstack, battling Canonistack every step of the way.16:11
ev  - Waiting to hear back if we still have an EC2 credit as we desperately need to expand the number of retracers (we're getting a lot more core files) and we can't do that until we have everything on prodstack.16:11
cjwatsonogra_: evidence suggests at least two :-)16:11
ogra_ev ?!?!16:11
ogra_thats a record in shortness16:12
cjwatsondoko: I suspect perl:native would have done too once it's supported, but it wasn't necessary16:12
doko- getting the buildd chroot nearly cross-built16:12
doko- updating cross toolchain packages, trying to eliminate more ad hoc solutions16:12
doko- some test rebuild fixes and give-backs16:13
ogra_ * read the 3800 mail backlog from vacation16:13
ogra_ * fixed ureadahead on the nexus716:13
ogra_ * worked on initrd-less booting on the nexus716:13
ogra_ * slightly stuck on trying to get plymouth to work without having console-setup run from the initrd16:13
ogra_ * discuss livefs builder situation with infinity (we need to start building nx7 images for flavours, that will need some cut down in buildtime or more builders)16:13
ogra_ * move nx7 images to xz compression (and probably move compressing from livefs builder to nusakan)16:13
ogra_ * fix plymouth vs console-setup racing somehow16:13
ogra_ * package tegra3 gstreamer codecs for raring16:13
xnox* Fixed bug #1091788 , bug #109395716:14
xnox* Fixed warnings in cunit, for MIR bug #107748416:14
xnox* Fixed rebuild ftbfs: multiarch py2 - libsemanage, python-qt4;16:14
xnox  pep8 - apt-btrfs-snapshot;16:14
xnox* Cross-building buildd chroot: dbus (added m-a header), libnih (needs16:14
xnox  :native b-d support, but otherwise fixed), libsemanage (add16:14
xnox  DEB_STAGE)16:14
ubottubug 1091788 in partman-auto-lvm (Ubuntu Precise) "debian-installer: creation of volume group (LVM) fails if hostname corresponds with an existing device name" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109178816:14
xnox* Upstart overrides from any dir merged, thanks james for review16:14
ubottubug 1093957 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Disk Encryption should be a sub-selection of LVM" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109395716:14
ubottubug 1077484 in ustr (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libsemanage (shadow's rdep to continue SELinux support in shadow)" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107748416:14
barrylooked into claws-m-p-e build failures when syncing from debian: libgdata/libcurl4-{gnutls,nss}-dev mess kills us again.  bug 1095407.  bug 1077087.  bug 1077089. upstream oauthlib issue 86.  py3 porting: lazr.smtptest, lazr.delegates, lazr.config (inprogress).  evaluating pillow (friendly PIL port for py3).  helped with a few lp:friends issues. started looking at mvo's sqlite fts branches for software-center (hopefully to drop xapian16:14
barrydependency).  dmb meeting. done.16:14
ubottubug 1095407 in oneconf (Ubuntu) "Re-enable Python 2 support" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109540716:14
ubottubug 1077087 in Ubuntu Single Sign On Client "Switch from python-oauth to python-oauthlib" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107708716:14
ubottubug 1077089 in Ubuntu One Client "Switch from python-oauth to python-oauthlib" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107708916:14
xnoxbarry: what's speed comparison of sqlite vs xapian for software-center use case? i hope that incremental indexing is faster.16:16
barryxnox: i don't know that yet ;)16:16
barryi'd be happy if it was in the same ballpark16:16
xnoxah. I takes quite a chunk of installation time to generate software-center index.... /me even considered having initial index in the package *gasp*16:17
dokobarry: I already have pillow packaging16:18
barrydoko: yeah, i saw that comment.  please provide url.  (my packaging isn't meant to be definitive, just enough to evaluate upstream)16:19
barrydoko: i build from a github pull request which is fixing py3 issues16:20
bdmurraycjwatson: ?16:24
cjwatsonoh, sorry16:25
cjwatsondistracted :)16:25
cjwatson#topic bugs16:25
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: bugs
cjwatsonanything we should be looking at this week that we aren't already?16:25
bdmurraybug 1078810 regarding quantal had a recent comment that allowed me to recreate the bug (most of the time)16:26
ubottubug 1078810 in usb-creator (Ubuntu) "usb-creator-helper crashed with ImportError in __main__: No module named 'gobject'" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107881016:26
bdmurrayer, whoops16:26
bdmurrayyes, that's a bug we should look but my comment was about another bug16:26
cjwatsonoh dear, missing pygi porting16:26
* xnox will look into it.16:28
xnoxhelper script is small16:28
bdmurrayokay, thanks xnox16:29
bdmurraymy comment regarding being able to recreate a usb-creator bug on quantal was about bug 91562616:29
ubottubug 915626 in usb-creator (Ubuntu Quantal) "usb-creator-gtk crashed with SIGSEGV" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/91562616:29
xnoxstill good =)16:29
bdmurrayI'd test it raring but…16:31
cjwatsonBut it's completely screwed due to the prior bug? :)16:31
cjwatsonxnox: can you take 915626 as well, then?16:33
xnoxi guess i win both =)16:33
bdmurrayIt seems like we should look at reviewing the branch associated with bug 1095692 for the 12.04 point release16:33
ubottubug 1095692 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Hide the 'back' button on the first page of oem-user-config" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109569216:33
cjwatsonbdmurray: Yep - I'll do that today16:34
xnoxthat's not merged into raring yet ?!16:34
cjwatsonbdmurray: assigned to me, prodded bug metadata16:35
bdmurrayokay, thanks16:35
* xnox has .changes ready to make ubiquity upload into raring. Can I still do it (to test if partman fixes resolve hangs) or cjwatson you'll do an upload today?16:36
bdmurrayThen I'm curious how worthwhile is it to SRU bug 1078544.16:36
ubottubug 1078544 in aptdaemon (Ubuntu Quantal) "python-aptdaemon: upgrading marks auto-installed packages as manual" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107854416:36
cjwatsonxnox: I'll review/commit and you can upload whenever's convenient16:37
cjwatsonxnox: no need to block on me, I can put it in the next version along if I need to16:37
=== amithkk is now known as mechanobot
cjwatsonI suspect that infinity would still like to sort out that aptdaemon bug, based on his comments about kernel autoremoval; it might be worth asking him16:38
cjwatsonoh, which reminds me, infinity sent apologies, but:16:38
cjwatson12:39 <infinity> cjwatson: The only real point of interest from me is glibc_2.17 that should be landing when the test rebuild is done (about half done rebasing all the patches for experimental, then the Ubuntu16:38
cjwatson                 merge will be trivial on top of that)16:38
cjwatsonbdmurray: anything else?16:39
bdmurrayxnox: did you have any luck with the kernel and testing bug 1023645?16:40
ubottubug 1023645 in ndiswrapper (Ubuntu Quantal) "ndiswrapper-dkms 1.57-1ubuntu1: ndiswrapper kernel module failed to build [error: ‘struct kernel_stat’ has no member named ‘cpustat’]" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/102364516:40
xnoxbdmurray: a few people i poked do not have ndiswrapper hardware.16:41
xnoxanybody here has hw that can take ndiswrapped windows drivers?16:41
xnox(people i know tend to choose hardware for ubuntu though)16:41
bdmurraywell if nobody has hardware to test then that's it from me16:43
cjwatson#topic AOB16:43
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
xnoxloads of precise pending srus and bugs in the report.16:45
cjwatsonwhich report?16:45
xnoxmaybe we should go through them and see what should be targetted at 12.04.216:45
xnoxrls-tracking & pending-sru16:45
cjwatsonok, quite possibly, not here though16:46
cjwatsonjodh: is the upstart/armhf build failure on precise racy, i.e. might it go away if we retry?16:46
cjwatsonjodh: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/126984012/buildlog_ubuntu-precise-armhf.upstart_1.5-0ubuntu7.1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz16:47
jodhcjwatson: dang - looks like that is the ol' "missing \n race again, so yeah :)16:48
cjwatsonjoOK, I've mashed retry16:49
cjwatsongah, lag16:49
cjwatsonOK, nearly out of time and it sounds like that's all16:50
cjwatsonThanks everyone16:50
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Jan  9 16:50:30 2013 UTC.16:50
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-01-09-16.02.moin.txt16:50
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-01-09-16.02.html16:50
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== cody-somerville_ is now known as cody-somerville
solarcloud_3scrnIs there supposed to be a Lubuntu meeting on right now ??20:38

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!