=== Sweetsha1k is now known as Sweetshark
=== figarocorso is now known as miky_jr
=== figarocorso is now known as miky_jr
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== zequence_ is now known as zequence
=== figarocorso is now known as miky_jr
Aeefirehey guys.13:18
=== Ursinha_ is now known as Ursinha
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
=== chiluk_away is now known as chiluk
* ogra_ waves16:01
seb128ogra_, dholbach: is there a meeting today?16:01
dholbachI'm in a separate meeting right now16:02
dholbachogra_ announced it before, so I'd assume that yes16:02
ogra_seb128, well, at least for a quick status run-down, yes16:02
seb128who is leading?16:02
seb128is there an agenda?16:02
ogra_we could make one up for next week though16:02
meetingologyMeeting started Fri Jan 25 16:02:49 2013 UTC.  The chair is ogra_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:02
ogra_hey everyonw, this is the nexus7 status meeting16:03
ogra_i'll give a quick summary of what happened this week ...16:03
ogra_so thanks to jani who wrote a prototype in GO, we now have auto-rotation working !16:03
ogra_as well as the ambient light sensor16:03
ogra_(i took the prototype and implemented it in shell, as an interim solution)16:04
ogra_togather with the autorotation, an xorg fix landed that makes touch input in portrait mode work16:04
janimoif we are to integrate with gnome-system-daemon we need changes to the kernel so we expose an input interface as that daemon expects16:04
janimowe may get it this cycle or we may just stick with the shell daemon, not sure yet16:05
ogra_right, the question is if we will keep g-s-d in this form on the later tablet setup16:05
janimoI have been looking into it the past few days though and I'd like to get it done properly16:05
ogra_right, the shell daemons are really just interim solutions16:05
janimono idea. What is the later tablet setup - related to ubuntu phone?16:05
seb128g-s-d is being discussed16:05
ogra_i found it important for testing the features to have it in asap16:05
seb128we want to reduce its scope for sure16:06
ogra_so we can see how the UI reacts to rotation etc16:06
seb128so if it's as easy to implement those feature in other places feel free16:06
janimoseb128, well it is certainly easier but at the cost of extra footprint that a separate daemon brings16:06
janimosomething we keep ignoring and that got us into this bloated mess in the first place :)16:06
seb128well, we should perhaps implement those feature in unity itself for example16:07
ogra_well, i wouldnt mind a small daemon in C16:07
janimowe were supposed to have a push for reducing memory footprint this cycle, at leats not add extra stuff if we can't make it lower :)16:07
ogra_depending on the feature though16:07
seb128the issue is that the higher number of process, the higher cost in context switches, wakeups, memory usage, etc16:07
ogra_janimo, as long as the new extra stuff is smaller i dont care :)16:07
ogra_janimo, btw, did tvoss talk to you ?16:08
janimothis daemon is by far not among the high footprint daemons but everything adds up16:08
ogra_he seems to work on an API for sensor stuff16:08
janimonice, I'll follow up after the meeting16:08
ogra_so if there is something in the works we could use, that might help16:08
ogra_i pointed him to you ... hm16:09
ogra_(days ago)16:09
janimowell I discovered g-s-d covers accel and screen rotation, but only with a paritcular type of accelerometer in the kernel16:09
janimothere's no unifying interface16:09
seb128seems better to build on that codebase16:09
ogra_though the question is, will we stay with g-s-d at all for sensors16:09
seb128rather than to write a new one16:09
janimoalso discovered by accident while poking in sysfs that my x86 laptop has an accelrometer16:09
janimowhich also does not work with g-s-d16:10
seb128ogra_, no immediate plan to replace g-s-d, and we can easily move bits of code out of gsd to some other source later if needed16:10
seb128ogra_, it's not like the work would be wasted16:10
seb128I would improve g-s-d as a start16:10
seb128seems the less work path16:10
janimowell sensors are not that separate from settings, it makes sense imo to have light sensor integrated in backlight settings and other screen related stuff16:10
ogra_right, making g-s-d actually generic deinitely helps16:10
janimoso from what limited knowledge I have g-s-d seems the place for it - if we plan on keeping g-s-d that is16:11
seb128we do plan to keep it in the near futur16:11
ogra_i'm just careful because i heard we might not ... but what seb128 said, it helps in general16:11
seb128we might move some bits out to small "on-demand" services16:11
ogra_once upstart can handle it :)16:12
janimoI hope those are not written in python though16:12
seb128like if "rotation" can be an upstart daemon we could span the helper from an upstart script16:12
seb128and take it down again16:12
ogra_thats what i do atm16:12
seb128upstart daemon->signal16:12
ogra_but for the session side it uses Xsession.d16:12
janimorotation does not seem like an on-deman thing though, I expect people want it on all the time with a tablet16:12
ogra_instead of upstart ...16:12
seb128well, if the rotation triggers an upstart signal we can bind a script to it16:12
ogra_janimo, in android i dont :)16:12
seb128that would avoid having the code running all the time to poll for the rotation event16:13
ogra_if i read a book and lie on the side in bed i dont want it rotating all the time16:13
* seb128 always turn off autorotate16:13
seb128it's more annoying than useful16:13
ogra_seb128, well, the polling is the biggest issue atm, yeah16:13
ogra_the daemon is like 20 lines of shell :)16:14
ogra_wouldnt eat much if it wouldnt have to poll every second16:14
ogra_in the current state its one of the biggest CPU consumers though16:14
janimowe could fix that by doing the poll in the kernel and firing off uevents when things change16:14
seb128can we make xorg/the kernel to send a signal?16:14
janimoneeds some coding but can be done - not sure if it's the right place though16:14
seb128it might be worth dropping an email on ubuntu-devel list?16:15
loolApparently gsd reads an ID_INPUT_ACCELEROMETER_ORIENTATION property via gudev16:15
seb128to get input from kernel people?16:15
janimoseb128, but we also need to add code to interpret the raw data and keep track of orientation in the kernel then - moving the shell code to kernel C code16:15
ogra_lool, rhight, which only very few accelerometers seem to trigger16:15
loolIf I understand what you folks are saying: 1) this doesn't work on N7 2) we would like to change this from poll to event-based16:16
janimoseems a bit crazy - but this sensor does not have an orientation even itself unless loaded with proprietary firmware which we do not have16:16
loolso on 1), do we know what to do to set this property right?16:16
ogra_lool, right, but 0.5) we only have the free part of the driver16:16
janimolool, I am looking into this now. The nexus7 sensor is dumb16:16
looland 2), do we have a way to trigger something in the active session based on udev events?16:16
janimoand only provides raw accel data16:16
ogra_lool, which doesnt give us 100% of the features16:16
loolI think there's an udev bridge for upstart, can we use it?16:17
janimolool, g-s-d listens to udev events from accel devices16:17
ogra_right, we just need the events16:17
janimoso that part is covered if we make our kernel side similar to what is already handled16:17
looljanimo: ah so it's not poll, it's already uevent based16:17
janimoso an input device with uevents, polling16:17
janimolool, right.16:17
ogra_our current driver doesnt even provide a device16:18
loolso we only miss a correct kernel path for this16:18
janimowhen the currenlty handled (asus-laptop pega I think) accel fires off an ACPI even saying rotation changed16:18
ogra_so these bits need adding16:18
janimothe driver emits an uevent16:18
janimoa udev helper is called that reads the raw data and calculated orientation - again, as uevents cannot carry metadata16:18
janimoand exports that as env -var16:18
janimoudev property I mean16:18
janimoand g-s-d reads it16:19
ogra_that sounds like a really slow process16:19
ogra_compared to what we do atm16:19
janimolool, the rewason I am not sure about the kernel part is that there is no standard kernel way of exposing accels, g-s-d uses one of the existing approaches16:19
ogra_i wonbder if we couldnt have that with less players involved16:19
janimobut for instance it does not work with my acer accelerometer either, that too does things a bit differently16:20
* xnox realises it's meeting time.16:20
janimoogra_, well g-s-d as our shell script could just read raw data and handle everything, but would need to have a lot of sensor specific code16:20
janimoand would need to do detection16:20
janimoudev handles detection of device at least16:20
ogra_and would need to poll16:20
ogra_right, i just wonder if that cant be done more direct ... udev->xorg16:21
janimoso the g-s-d stuff seems ok to me, just that restrict all sensor to the input subsystem (nexus is on IIO does not even provide an input device)16:21
ogra_and have g-s-d only intercept if the user actually switches it off16:21
janimoand a specific devnode with input_struct layout as a joystick (X, Y, X values)16:21
janimoit is doable, I'll keep at it for a few more days16:22
ogra_well, lets not go to much into detail16:22
ogra_we'll see what you come up with ;)16:22
ogra_xnox, want to give an update ?16:22
* xnox also thought that udev is ought to be generating the events from accelorometer and then g-s-d or whatever can piggy back on top. Gives us the most flexibility to consume those events.16:22
janimoand take into account the galaxy nexus too which has a sensor from the same family but different16:23
ogra_same but different ... yay16:23
janimoI'd rather we not have to add code to every sensor if upstream decides they are all going to be IIO and not input devices16:23
xnoxI finished usb-creator support for flashing nexus7 tablets using .img + .bootimg files.16:23
janimoso maybe changing g-s-d is better long term16:23
ogra_janimo, yeah16:23
xnoxCurrently it only "recognises" nexus7 ID_VENDOR_ID and ID_MODEL_ID16:23
ogra_thats enough for a start16:24
ogra_we can add a big database over time :)16:24
xnoxso if there are other devices please send me their VENDOR_IDs / MODEL_IDs16:24
seb128janimo, maybe drop a summary email to ubuntu-devel@ about the rotation/g-s-d/kernel topic? might be better for discussion16:24
janimoxnox, nexus devices you mean?16:24
ogra_once we switch to nexus4 and nexus10 :)16:24
ogra_seb128, ++16:24
janimoseb128, I will follow up to the original thread once I have a bit more info16:24
xnoxjanimo: yeah, i do want ids of the nexus range to be in the usb-creator.16:24
xnoxjanimo: but I don't have them.16:24
seb128janimo, thanks16:24
janimoxnox, so galaxy nexus phone too?16:25
ogra_[action] jani to mail ubuntu-devel about accelerometer plans16:25
meetingologyACTION: jani to mail ubuntu-devel about accelerometer plans16:25
xnoxjanimo: yes please.16:25
xnoxjanimo: we don't have images for those devices yet, but I'd like usb-creator to know about them already.16:25
xnox(.img + .bootimg style images that is)16:26
janimoxnox, one thing I remember is that both nexus 7 and galaxy report different USB IDs depending on whether they booted in recovery mode or regular android16:26
ogra_note though that the phone installation functions differently from our installation procedure16:26
xnoxjanimo: currently I trigger on two ID_MODEL_IDs16:26
kyleNogra, when appropriate, I have a short topic.16:26
ogra_(i assume we can adjust that though)16:26
ogra_kyleN, well, we dont have an agenda atm. feel free to just start when its quiet16:26
ogra_i.e. now :)16:27
xnoxogra_: yeah. =/ given enough demand we can add additional types of flashing. the *.bootimg and *.img backend took only have a day to code in the end.16:27
kyleNBefore the holidays there was some discussion of using valgrind to find memory leaks and thereby improve Ubuntu for resource constained devices.16:27
kyleNI worked on apport-valgrind, which was released into raring as part of apport.16:27
ogra_nice !16:28
kyleNThis allows you to run valgrind for an executable (to find memory leaks) while first populating a temporary directory with available debug symbols for the executable, which makes the resulting valgrind log file more complete and useful (because more symbols names are filled in, making the stack traces clearer)16:28
kyleNAlex Chiang submitted a needed patch for this that landed in valgrind.16:28
kyleNand in Ubuntu/R16:28
kyleNThis is a first step. There are many aspects to this. I started a blog to cover some of this: http://kylenubuntu.blogspot.com/16:28
ogra_you need to blog about that, that extends far beyond nexus716:28
kyleNI expect to add more blog posts soon on this topic.16:28
ogra_and sounds helpful everywhere16:29
ogra_time you get onto planet !16:29
seb128I was going to say16:29
seb128nobody is going to read those if they are not on planet16:29
kyleNdo I need a rocket ship to get there? ;)16:29
seb128no offense to your blog popularity ;-)16:29
ogra_just ubuntu membership16:29
janimoBTW, nexus 7 testers please http://people.canonical.com/~jani/linux-image-3.1.10-8-nexus7_3.1.10-8.21_armhf.deb16:29
ogra_note that this will break your touchscreen :P16:30
janimofor me this deb fixes sound on boot without having to do a suspend. I'd like other opinions too16:30
janimowell log in via ssh and install http://paste.ubuntu.com/1570120/ over /usr/bin/acceld :)16:30
=== fenris is now known as Guest10857
ogra_janimo, is that need ? i would just drop the "Rotatet "right"" from xorg.conf16:31
ogra_anyway, the current nx7 looks pretty good already ... we have one big showstopper bug left though16:32
ogra_bug 106899416:32
ubottubug 1068994 in ubuntu-nexus7 "button1 gets stuck after a while" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106899416:32
* ogra_ pokes the bot16:32
janimoogra_, it needs to correlate xrandr names to xinput rotation matrix. The latter get shifted with the kernel 90 degree rotation16:33
janimoso it is needed16:33
ogra_and after the fix for portrait mode i must say that i clearly suspect compiz to be at fault, not xorg16:33
ogra_if the bug occurs to me, i can still hit the ubuntu key on onboard to switch apps, and i can interact withj the app content16:33
ogra_what doesnt take any input are window frames, panel and launcher16:34
ogra_all therr are compiz16:34
ogra_so i start to suspect compiz itself has an issue here16:34
ogra_what we are also still missing is bluetooth16:35
ogra_is cyphermox around ?16:35
ogra_the quantal image has some hacks to push the binary firmware into the driver when BT starts ... we dont have that in raring atm (and i'm not sure we want it)16:36
ogra_so it would be good to know the plans here, can we get it to work without the binary bits, if not, ho do we integrate them properly16:37
ogra_seb128, could you forward that question ?16:37
seb128ogra_, sure16:38
ogra_(probably also better discussed by mail=16:38
seb128yeah, sounds like something for ubuntu-devel@ as well16:38
ogra_what else did i miss ?16:38
seb128is anyone working on collecting the valgrind datas from the community?16:38
ogra_do we have anyone from QA  around ?16:38
ogra_plars, ?16:39
seb128what about optimizing processes running?16:39
ogra_oh, definitely16:39
seb128I want to start organizing those better16:39
seb128so I want to get everybody in touch16:39
ogra_how about we make a task table and people can pick from it ...16:40
loolGema and Paul Larson both mentioned activities related to collecting smem output in QA labs16:40
seb128we have started doing a table with lool16:40
ogra_unclaimed tasks will then be forcefully assigned16:40
seb128we need to publish it16:40
seb128we have also some blueprints16:40
ogra_lool, yeah, i know plars wroks on nexus stuff16:40
ogra_(thus the ping)16:40
plarsogasawara: hi, I'm here16:41
ogra_i implemented preseeding support for him last week16:41
plarsogasawara: sorry16:41
plarsogra_: yes, I'm here, but in about 30 different irc windows at the moment :)16:41
ogra_plars, so anything you want to tell us about nx7 work ?16:41
ogra_seb128, for collecting stuff from the community it sounds like balloons might be the right guy16:42
plarsogra_: just that I got your email about preseeding and I am anxious to try it, but I was off yesterday and haven't gotten to it yet today16:42
plarsogra_: assuming that works, we should be able to automate installs on the nexus in the lab and have automated tests running pretty soon16:42
ogra_ok, i'm not sure it works 100% yet, please bug me if there are issues16:42
seb128ogra_, ok, I think I will try to draft a "status update/summary/how we organize a bit better going forward" email early next week16:43
seb128ogra_, I will run the draft through you, lool and some others before sending16:43
plarsogra_: if you have an example preseed or script for munging it into the image already, that would streamline things considerably16:43
ogra_seb128, great, lets turn that (or parts of it) into our meeting agenda16:43
ogra_plars, heh, no, i dont, i used to abuse tobin as a preseed stoirage in the past :)16:44
ogra_oh, btw, do we have anyone from the kernel team here ?16:44
ogra_cking used to work on power management on the nx716:45
ogra_and it got really really bad since we switched to raring16:45
janimoogra_, it's the same kernel though right?16:45
ogra_from battery values <50% on i get a battery popup every second until the device shuts down (3-4h long)+16:46
ogra_janimo, nope, it was re-based on the later android release16:46
janimoah right16:46
ogra_i got these issues since the first raring kernel landed16:46
janimoso a quantal kernel has no such issues ?16:46
Aeefirehey guys.16:47
janimocould be a raring userland policy bug as well16:47
ckingogra_, has a bug been filed so we can track that?16:47
ogra_percentage and time are totally off all the time and i get weird power messages on charging or after a few hours of usage16:47
ogra_cking, sure16:47
ogra_janimo, yeah, could be, i also noticed that upower shows an additional usb charger16:47
ogra_i dont think that was there in quantal16:47
ogra_cking, bug 109354316:49
ubottubug 1093543 in ubuntu-nexus7 "Battery status behaves erratically" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109354316:49
ogra_(sorry, tootk a moment to find it)16:49
ckingogra_, thanks, i'll look at that one16:50
ogra_i think we talked about it before btw16:50
ogra_but didnt find any cause16:50
ogra_ok ...16:51
ogra_anyone from the community around with questions etc ?16:51
ogra_doesnt look like16:51
ogra_doesn anyone want to bring something up before i close ?16:52
ogra_going once16:52
seb128ogra_, do we know if the pointer/grab lock issue is being worked or making any progress?16:52
seb128it's pretty much a blocker if you want to use the nexus16:52
ogra_seb128, tjaalton sent it upstream16:52
ogra_seb128, its not as bad as you think16:52
seb128is it just sitting there or did somebody pick itup?16:52
ogra_i use the nx7 all day, if you use it carefully you can get through with only having the issue once a day16:53
ogra_i think it rots upstream16:53
seb128"if you use it carefully"16:53
tjaaltonseb128: upstream knows about it, pinged him earlier this week but no new patches to try16:53
janimoogasawara, are you using a mouse?16:53
seb128like explain to users to not use the indicators? ;-)16:53
ogra_there was quite some activity in the beginning16:53
ogra_but that died16:53
ogra_janimo, indeed not :)16:53
ogra_tjaalton, did you try with the latest fixes, its really only compiz that freezes16:54
stgraber"if you make sure not to use the touchscreen on your tablet, you're fine"16:54
tjaaltonogra_: hm, no16:54
ogra_tjaalton, i can interact with everything else on the desktop just fine16:54
ogra_just not panel, launcher and *window frames*16:54
seb128lol, because who needs to use a panel or launcher? ;-)16:54
ogra_but firefox content, terminal, onboard etc work fine16:55
ogra_seb128, well, if i just read a long article in FF, all i need is the grab'n drag extension to work ;)16:55
ogra_and switching apps works fine via onboard (_hit the ubuntu key, pick the number of your app)16:56
ogra_tjaalton, so i think it would be worth taking a second look with focus on compiz16:56
ogra_3 min left ... anything else ?16:57
tjaaltonogra_: update the lp bug and I'll ask peter again where the bug is. the previous logs we had did show that the grab state was fooked, but.. we'll see16:58
ogra_tjaalton, well, there were a bunch of issues with input fixed in the last xorg upload16:58
ogra_so i would suspect we might have cleared the xorg side now16:58
tjaaltonoh the patch bryce put back in? yeah sorry about that, it was a bad merge by me :)16:58
tjaaltonmistakenly dropped a patch that fixed the rotation16:59
ogra_well, i think bryce and danien van vugt added patches16:59
tjaaltonwhen merging new bugfix release16:59
tjaaltonxserver only got this one back16:59
tjaaltonalso a point release before that16:59
ogra_well, todays raring  works pretty well for me16:59
ogra_apart from the compiz hang17:00
ogra_no other input issues here17:00
ogra_ok, time is up17:00
ogra_going once17:00
ogra_going twice17:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Fri Jan 25 17:00:41 2013 UTC.17:00
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-01-25-16.02.moin.txt17:00
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-01-25-16.02.html17:00
tjaaltoncould be that the apps that are working are using XI1 and it's the multitouch-aware clients (XI2) that are busted17:00
ogra_thanks everyone, see you next week :)17:00
ogra_tjaalton, yeah17:01
tjaaltonI'll verify that next week17:01
tjaalton.au is well past beer-o-clock already17:01
ogra_tjaalton, oh, are you at LCA ?17:08
tjaaltonogra_: no, but upstream is from there17:11
ogra_heh, ok17:11
=== doko_ is now known as doko
PajnJust checking, the ubuntu-tv meeting will start soon, right?17:59
mhall119Pajn: yes18:00
mhall119tgm4883: whenever you're ready18:00
tgm4883I'm here18:03
tgm4883bobweaver, are you here too?18:03
mhall119he may not be here for this one18:04
tgm4883#startmeeting Ubuntu-TV Community Meeting18:05
meetingologyMeeting started Fri Jan 25 18:05:06 2013 UTC.  The chair is tgm4883. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.18:05
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired18:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu-TV Community Meeting Meeting | Current topic:
tgm4883#chair tgm4883 mhall11918:05
meetingologyCurrent chairs: mhall119 tgm488318:05
tgm4883So since this is our first community meeting, it's a bit unstructured18:05
tgm4883#topic Community Questions18:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu-TV Community Meeting Meeting | Current topic: Community Questions
tgm4883Are there any questions from anyone in the community?18:06
steve_fiI have a few, can just fire them all out?18:06
tgm4883fire away18:06
tgm4883I'll make subtopics for them, so it's well organized18:07
steve_fiaccording to the wiki, you still need unity 2d to get UbuntuTV to work, but it seems that Ubuntu is moving from that ... is there any plans to support it in unity3d any time soon?18:07
tgm4883#subtopic according to the wiki, you still need unity 2d to get UbuntuTV to work, but it seems that Ubuntu is moving from that ... is there any plans to support it in unity3d any time soon?18:08
tgm4883hmm, I'm assuming that meetingology got that18:08
tgm4883I've got no input on that question. mhall119?18:08
mhall119steve_fi: yes, since last year the efforts have been focused on re-writing everything in Nux and Unity 3d, but it's not been a very easy process18:08
tgm4883AFAIK, bobweaver works on most of that. Unfortunately he isn't here18:09
mhall119yeah, he's been the only one working on it18:10
tgm4883jhop said he'd be a little late as well, although IDK if he knows any more18:10
mhall119various issues with the compexity of compix and the lack of good Nux documentation has been holding it back18:10
tgm4883lastly, I also pinged willcooke about the meeting, but didn't hear back18:10
steve_fiah ok, next is just does anyone know if the current build of UbuntuTV works at all on Raring?18:10
tgm4883#subtopic does anyone know if the current build of UbuntuTV works at all on Raring?18:11
tgm4883I'd say it's doubtful. But again, a question for bobweaver18:11
mhall119I think bobweaver has the unity2d version working in Quantal now, and available in PPA that makes it easier to install and try18:11
bobweaversteve_fi,  no I or at least I dont.  also the phone uses qml so once the phone code is released then there is that18:11
bobweavereverything that I have is 12.0418:11
steve_fiah ok, thanks for the information!18:11
mhall119hi bobweaver18:12
tgm4883steve_fi, more questions?18:12
steve_fiNope, that's all for now thanks18:13
tgm4883anyone else have any questions?18:13
tgm4883Lets move on to status updates, and we'll ask for questions again at the end18:13
tgm4883#topic Status Updates18:14
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu-TV Community Meeting Meeting | Current topic: Status Updates
tgm4883bobweaver, any updates?18:14
bobweaveras far as ?18:15
tgm4883bobweaver, anything you want to update18:15
bobweavernope maybe that I will be just doing things(coding) for fun and the "heck" of it . until the phone goes public. maybe I have a lot of personal things going on18:16
tgm4883mhall119, anything to update18:17
mhall119no, but hopefully we'll have more to report once the Phone code is public and we can start getting an idea of how it will integrate with desktop and TV18:18
tgm4883DVR/Guide update18:18
tgm4883I made a large push this week with the guide scope. I'd say it is 95% done.18:19
tgm4883I still need to get a guide lens written, as I'm still using the videos lens for it18:19
tgm4883It also needs packaged18:19
tgm4883I'll need to figure out how to package a python library as well. The library for accessing the mythtv services is probably only 30% done, but it's the 30% we need :)18:20
mhall119tgm4883: I can try and help with that18:21
tgm4883100% done would mean supporting everything the services API allows, but we won't use most of that for Ubuntu TV so we can consider that portion complete18:21
tgm4883mhall119, that would be very helpful :)18:21
tgm4883I was going to do a video this morning showing off the features, but that didn't happen18:21
tgm4883I will do one soon though18:21
tgm4883now that the guide scope is mostly finished18:22
tgm4883#action tgm4883 to make video showing mythtv features18:22
meetingologyACTION: tgm4883 to make video showing mythtv features18:22
tgm4883The DVR scope is as it was last week. 95% done18:22
tgm4883The last 5% on both scopes will come after packaging and user testing18:23
tgm4883#action tgm4883 mhall119 package mythtvservices library and both mythtv scopes18:23
meetingologyACTION: tgm4883 mhall119 package mythtvservices library and both mythtv scopes18:23
bobweavertgm4883,  what are you targetin for that lens ?18:23
tgm4883bobweaver, what do you mean?18:24
tgm4883what version?18:24
bobweaverversion of Ubuntu ?18:24
tgm4883well, we'll need an update from mhall119 on that18:24
tgm4883mhall119, did that bug get sorted?18:24
mhall119tgm4883: the gobject dee stuff?18:24
tgm4883bug 109670818:25
ubottubug 1096708 in dee (Ubuntu) "'SharedModel' object has no attribute 'append' using Python 3 on 12.04" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109670818:25
mhall119I pinged some folks about it, but I guess they haven't looked into it yet18:25
tgm4883bobweaver, to answer your questions, the scopes currently work on 12.10 and above. If that bug gets fixed, then it will work on 12.04 and above18:25
tgm4883For anyone unaware, Unity lens/scopes work across platforms. So these lens/scopes I'm writing can be used in a regular Ubuntu Unity Desktop18:27
tgm4883That's about all the update I have18:28
tgm4883Any other updates from anyone?18:28
tgm4883Guess not18:29
tgm4883In that case, I'm going to open it back up for questions18:29
tgm4883#topic Community questions/comments/concerns18:29
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu-TV Community Meeting Meeting | Current topic: Community questions/comments/concerns
mhall119thanks tgm4883!18:29
tgm4883If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns/ideas/etc, now is the time to shout them out18:29
zuricHi, what the status of Unity 3D portage ?18:32
mhall119zuric: stalled for now, we're waiting to see what is going ot happen with the QML Phone shell18:33
tgm4883zuric, that was answered earlier and will be available in the logs. But a short recap... what mhall119 said18:33
zuricok thanks18:33
PajnIs any community effort wanted at this time?18:34
mhall119Pajn: absolutely18:34
steve_fiis help wanted on a specific version of Ubuntu?18:34
steve_fiwith regards to testing and submitting bugs?18:35
tgm4883Community help is always wanted. I'd say we're at a point where we can actually accept help now18:35
tgm4883previously, we weren't really in a position to accept community help, as there wasn't a whole lot to test18:35
mhall119steve_fi: there isn't a whole lot to test atm, you can try tgm4883's MythTV scopes if you have a MythTV backend18:36
tgm4883at least for me, I'll get the mythtv stuff packaged this week with mhall119's help18:36
bobweaverfor every one that would like to try out the newest code that I have been making you can it is built almost daily18:37
bobweaverthe ppa is u2t18:37
bobweaverI will get link18:37
mhall119also anybody who wants to hack on that18:37
mhall119it's Qt/QML right?18:37
bobweaverthat in no way is going to be the UBuntu TV but I am sure that there is going to be things that are intergrated18:38
bobweaveryeah that is unity 2d18:38
bobweaverthere is all sorta beta code up in there18:38
mhall119so anybody who wants to experiment with some UI stuff, you can use that branch18:38
bobweaverbut that is like a playground18:38
bobweaveryeah I have not pushed branch18:39
bobweaverlatest things that I have done to that are as follows18:39
bobweavermade so one can switch launcher to rght or left, added previews , made new lens view and a full dbus settings changer18:40
bobweaveradd welcome screen mock up (what I think is going to be phone )18:40
bobweaverthat will be nice to look at18:41
bobweaverbut if there is anyone that wants to write into 3d have at it But I want nothing to do with NUX or compiz besides in unity2d spread18:41
bobweaverthere is alot things that need to be know about the phone only time will tell18:42
bobweaverbut if qml will be real easy to tie in18:43
bobweaverbut if anyone wants to hack at that with me have at it.18:44
bobweaverI gotta run thanks mhall119  and tgm4883  and everyone else.  sorry about early this week (I have a lot going on (personal))18:45
tgm4883If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns/ideas/etc, now is the time to shout them out18:45
tgm4883ok, since we're getting toward the end of our time and nobody has asked any more questions I'm going to wrap this up in about 2 minutes18:51
tgm4883so if anyone has any questions/comments/concerns/ideas/etc, now is the time to shout them out18:51
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Fri Jan 25 18:53:17 2013 UTC.18:53
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-01-25-18.05.moin.txt18:53
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-01-25-18.05.html18:53
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== cyphermox_ is now known as cyphermox
solarcloud_3srcnGuess there's no App Review Board Meeting at 10pm till 11pm UTC today ...22:13

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!