=== james_ is now known as Guest98563
=== zequence_ is now known as zequence
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== shuduo is now known as shuduo_afk
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|lunch
=== mmrazik|lunch is now known as mmrazik
* slangasek waves16:02
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb 13 16:03:46 2013 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:03
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:03
* stgraber waves16:04
slangasek[TOPIC] Lightning round16:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Lightning round
ogra_hello ?16:08
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra cjwatson xnox stokachu)16:08
slangasekev xnox stokachu stgraber barry doko cjwatson bdmurray jodh slangasek ogra16:08
slangasekand no ev today, so xnox:16:08
slangasekis my network broken again? :)16:08
xnox* fix fai with mdadm bug #100825016:09
xnox* Path pilot tuesday16:09
xnox* Uploaded lvm2 sru for precise bug #83336816:09
xnox* Uploaded new release of btrfs-tools16:09
xnox* Work with U1 team on ubiquity design changes / plugins16:09
xnox* Completing mdadm merge & plymouth integration16:09
ubottubug 1008250 in fai (Ubuntu Quantal) "removed mdadm-startall is still used in fai-setup-storage" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/100825016:09
xnox  - btw plymouth ubuntu-logo theme is missing ask-question callbacks16:09
ubottubug 833368 in lvm2 (Ubuntu Precise) "clustered lvm commands fail with "activation/monitoring=0 is incompatible with clustered Volume Group" error" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/83336816:09
xnox    fixing that (patch was proposed on lp by community)16:09
xnox* Postponed a few specs / WI (ubiquity raid work, wubi, swiftmirror)16:09
xnox* Working on nexus7 & ubiquity bugs (disabling rotation, displaying background)16:09
stgraberstokachu: around?16:10
stgraberalright, my turn then16:11
stgraberFeature work:16:11
stgraber - Upstart (BLUEPRINT: foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements)16:11
stgraber  - Prepare a first build including the user session changes.16:11
stgraber  - Found a gcc bug which was tracked down by doko, still working on the details.16:11
stgraber  - Should have a refreshed package later today.16:11
stgraber - Container (BLUEPRINT: servercloud-r-lxc)16:11
stgraber  - A few more reviews.16:11
stgraber  - Tested and sent pull request for 0.9~alpha316:11
stgraber  - Started preparing the packaging for 0.9~alpha3 in raring.16:11
stgraber - Networking (BLUEPRINT: foundations-r-networking)16:11
stgraber  - Still waiting on test results for the infiniband support, no other progress there.16:11
stgraber  - Opened an RT ticket to get update on IPv6 support in the DC.16:11
stgraber  - Asked for two extra test SIM cards for dual-stack 3G networking.16:11
stgraberOther work:16:11
stgraber - Networking16:12
stgraber  - Spent quite a bit of time getting Ofono to work with NetworkManager, slowly getting there.16:12
stgraber    (glib + gobject + dbus in NM can be the source of rather bad headaches...)16:12
stgraber - QATracker16:12
stgraber  - Prepare for 12.04.2 and alpha-2, looked into a bug I'll need to fix pretty soon (related to testcase and testsuite deprecation).16:12
stgraber - UEFI16:12
stgraber  - Tested precise UEFI desktop, all looked good.16:12
stgraber  - Bricked my laptop yesterday after a kernel panic ... waiting for replacement (looks like it may be some corrupted/full nvram issue as the panic is stored in nvram nowadays)16:12
stgraber - Prepare an update upstart test package.16:12
stgraber - Continue the ofono/NM work.16:12
stgraber - Try to finish any LXC feature work for this cycle (1 item left).16:12
barrybug 1112496; bug 1077092; bug 1077087; filed bug 1118815; looked at bug 110302416:13
ubottubug 1112496 in python-imaging (Ubuntu Raring) "python-imaging broken in raring" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/111249616:13
ubottubug 1077092 in Ubuntu One storage protocol "Switch from python-oauth to python-oauthlib" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107709216:13
ubottubug 1077087 in Ubuntu Single Sign On Client "Switch from python-oauth to python-oauthlib" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107708716:13
ubottubug 1118815 in MAAS "Remove python-oauth from the archive" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/111881516:13
ubottubug 1103024 in apturl (Ubuntu) "apturl-gtk crashed with TypeError in _on_finished(): 5 parameters needed for signal action-done; 3 given" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/110302416:13
barrybtw, 1118815 has lots of bug tasks for everything in the archive still dep'ing python-oauth16:13
slangasekxnox: yeah, saw the ask-question escalation; I should be able to get that implemented this week16:13
barryfoundations-r-python3-oauth: done (finally!) though my status page seems to not agree (possibly because of the linked new bugs?)16:14
slangasekxnox: although, shouldn't this be a yes/no question?16:14
barryfoundations-r-python33: done16:14
barryfoundations-r-python-versions: ongoing of course, but good progress on work items.  seeing if i can reboot the xapian port effort since it's now blocking s-i and s-c.  dealing with upstream trunk build issues :(  filed bug 1124208 to track hplip port.16:14
ubottubug 1124208 in HPLIP "Port to Python 3" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/112420816:14
doko- next round of openjdk security updates (and the next ones announced for Feb 19 ...)16:15
doko- GCC update, which introduced the following issue ...16:15
doko- track down a GCC issue (LP: #1123588), still needs a test case, help needed.16:15
doko- icedtea-web update for 12.04.16:15
doko- some syncs and merges16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1123588 in gcc " [4.7 Regression] wrong code with the fix for PR53844" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/112358816:15
xnoxbarry: s-i as in ....?16:16
barryxnox: s-i == session-installer16:16
cjwatsonMostly still working on 12.04.2.  Nearly done but there are a few remaining glitches to sort out and a batch of respins (see #ubuntu-release).16:16
cjwatsonphased-updates: Sorted out review comments on https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/bpph-phase/+merge/144154 and pushed up a set of changes for re-review.16:16
ogra_barry, thats a bashism !16:16
cjwatsonFuture release planning.16:16
cjwatsonLearned how to update *-cross-toolchain-base (sort of), and did so for eglibc 2.17.16:16
cjwatsonVarious other cross-building fixes, including multiarching check.16:16
cjwatsonFixed lots of bugs involving outdated config.guess/config.sub and the like.16:16
xnoxogra_: it's pythonic16:16
bdmurrayWork items I'm working on:16:17
xnoxogra_: also \!16:17
bdmurraycreate and update a BucketSystems column family to keep track of unique systems in a bucket: INPROGRESS16:17
bdmurrayImport developer to package and developer to team mappings and filter the default view on errors.ubuntu.com to problems the developer and their team are responsible for: INPROGRESS16:17
bdmurrayauto comment on bugs needing verification (indicate that it needs to happen in the next 15 days) at some interval (3 months): INPROGRESS16:17
bdmurrayother work16:17
slangasekbarry: linked new bugs will be reported as WIs, yes :)  Do we need to postpone those?16:18
barryslangasek: yes16:18
bdmurrayin daisy renamed user_token system_token as it is specific for each system not each user16:18
bdmurrayresearch into next steps with bucketsystems branch16:18
cjwatsonbdmurray: sorry you're still blocked on me for phased-updates - the review feedback turned out to be a bit complex ...16:18
bdmurraymodified bucketsystems code by moving some of it to oopsrepository16:18
bdmurraycreated oops-repository merge proposal16:18
bdmurraycreated daisy merge proposal for bucketsystems work16:18
bdmurrayupdated oops-repository merge proposal per evan's feedback16:18
bdmurrayfixed get_subscribed_packages in errors to fetch more than 75 results16:18
barryslangasek: though i hate to postpone the bugs but i guess if we get volunteers they can tweak the statuses16:18
bdmurrayresearch into first_version appearing in first couple of columns of bucketversions CF16:18
bdmurraycreated and tested a cassandra column family for caching the package to team mapping16:18
bdmurraysubmitted errors branch that utilizes userbinarypackages cf16:18
bdmurraysubmitted daisy branch that creates and populates userbinarypackages cf16:18
bdmurrayresearch into quantity of bugs tagged regression-update16:18
bdmurrayreview of teams mapped to packages in the package to team mapping spreadsheet16:18
bdmurraywrote a tool to compare launchpad user package subscriptions to the package to team mapping spreadsheet16:18
slangasekindeed we can16:18
bdmurraygoogle hangout with western oregon university students re bug triage16:18
bdmurraycjwatson: no problem ev is working on some changes to the database that will modify some of my work too (for the better though)16:19
bdmurray‼ done16:19
jodh* blueprints16:19
jodh  - foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements:16:19
jodh    - lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/upstart-shutdown:16:19
jodh      - Raised MP for mail code.16:19
jodh      - Wrote test code (currently debugging a failure in an existing16:19
jodh        test triggered by new test code).16:19
jodh    - Reviewed and merged lp:~stgraber/upstart/upstart-user-cwd16:19
jodh    - Wrote lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/init--inherit-env (merged).16:19
jodh  - foundations-r-upstart-roadmap: no progress16:19
jodh  - foundations-r-arm-ubiquity: no progress16:19
jodh* misc16:19
jodh  - bug 1120660: Fixed, tested, identified work-around and raised16:20
ubottubug 1120660 in upstart (Ubuntu) "Kernel Panic when running 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' ?" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/112066016:20
jodh    upstream MP on lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/bug-112066016:20
jodh  - bug 1123588: helping to investigate.16:20
ubottubug 1123588 in gcc " [4.7 Regression] wrong code with the fix for PR53844" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/112358816:20
jodh 16:20
slangasekjodh: "mail code"?16:20
jodhslangasek: 's/for mail code//' :)16:21
slangasekok :)16:21
slangasek * ovmf package uploaded; in raring and Debian NEW queue16:22
slangasek * ubuntukylin theme package sponsored and waiting in NEW16:22
slangasek * updated pam package at cjwatson's prompting (fixes aarch64, etc); follow-on sponsor uploads of lightdm, gdm16:22
slangasek * sponsorship review of openwsman update for smb16:22
slangasek * upstart branch reviews16:22
slangasek * fix bug #1115875 on the initramfs-tools side - running ldd on firmware is silly16:22
ubottubug 1115875 in initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) "ld-2.17.so crashed with SIGSEGV in <unavailable> in ??()" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/111587516:22
slangasek * todo: systemd package upload this week, in advance of the desktop team's sprint next week16:22
ogra_ * thanks to infinity for giving us a dedicated nexus7 builder ! (no more hunting down broken image builders for me atm)16:22
ogra_ * helped to fix bugs caused by rotation code moving into gnome-settings-daemon (old conffiles were not deleted etc)16:22
ogra_ * worked a bit on xz compression testing16:22
ogra_ * workitem cleanup16:22
ogra_ * lots of vet. visits (both cats are better nstead of bzr we all get letters now now !)16:22
ogra_ * finish xz compression for nexus7 images16:22
ogra_ * plymouth in initrd16:22
ogra_ * look at enabling flavour builds of nx7 images now that we have a dedicated builder16:22
ogra_ * research the installer focus breakage with compiz (probably another incarnation of bug 1068994 ... though i heard similar reports from panda users by now)16:22
ubottubug 1068994 in ubuntu-nexus7 "button1 gets stuck after a while" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106899416:22
ogra_ * get the android 4.2.2 kernel changes into our nx7 kernel16:23
* xnox is attached by a fox through a balcony door - luckily it seems to be scared of camera flash.16:26
slangasekyou have a fox on your... balcony?16:26
ogra_heh, nice, i could send you some of my nightly raccoons from here to help you fight him16:26
slangasekis this like the Pacific Northwest tree octopus?16:27
slangasekany questions for anyone on the above?16:27
ogra_yes, why is my focus so broken on 12.0416:27
ogra_* lots of vet. visits (both cats are better nstead of bzr we all get letters now now !) was supposed to read * lots of vet. visits (both cats are better !)16:28
barryxnox: is that a robofox?16:28
ogra_doesnt look like it wants to attack you though16:28
slangasekbarry: that would explain the battery, wouldn't it16:29
ogra_more like "i want to sleep on that warm carpet over there"16:29
* xnox the battery is unrelated (house mate recharging replacement car battery)16:29
barryslangasek: exactly.  i think xnox just wanted to show off his latest 3d print makerbot effort16:29
slangasekxnox: I like our theory better16:29
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugs16:29
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugs
slangasekbdmurray: what news?16:30
* xnox note that there reported multiple attacks by foxes recently in and around london16:30
bdmurraythe rls-r-tracking list is rather lengthy16:30
ogra_xnox, you think they are already trained to look cute until they attack ?16:31
slangasekcan everyone here go through that report today (after the meeting is fine) and review the rls-r-tracking bugs that are assigned to them, and see if there are any that should be un-targeted?16:31
slangasekand we should probably dole out the unassigned ones16:32
slangasekxnox: is bug #1080437 on you?16:32
ubottubug 1080437 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Raring) "no background during the 13.04 daily install" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108043716:32
xnoxslangasek: yes.16:32
slangasekxnox: do you have a handle on how to fix it?16:33
cjwatsonI'll take bug 664526, which I rather suspect is user error somehow but at least needs a test run16:33
ubottubug 664526 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Raring) "setting nomodeset in grub, if live session was started with nomodeset" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/66452616:33
ogra_slangasek, there are multiple16:34
ogra_(and thats the prob i think)16:34
cjwatsonI can also take bug 111247216:34
ubottubug 1112472 in apt-clone (Ubuntu Raring) "dep8 test failed because test data is too old" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/111247216:34
slangasekwell, I guess we should only fix it one way though :)16:34
ogra_compiz wallpaper plugin, gnome-settings-daemon wallapaer plugin ... and there is old code in ubiquity itself iirc16:34
slangasekbug #1097922 is odd.  barry, doko, can one of you take this?16:34
ubottubug 1097922 in newt (Ubuntu Raring) "byobu-config crashed with ImportError in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/snack.py: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_snack.so: undefined symbol: _Py_RefTotal" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109792216:34
xnoxslangasek: latest plan agreed on #-desktop is to reuse g-s-d background plugin code in the ubiquity's wallpaper app as it is proven to work.16:34
barryslangasek: sure16:35
dokohmm, built for the dbg interpreter?16:35
barrydoko: sounds like it16:35
slangasekbarry: thanks16:36
slangasekcjwatson: any progress on bug #1097113?16:37
ubottubug 1097113 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Raring) "skip timezone selection" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109711316:37
cjwatsonnot as yet, sorry, I'll reviw16:37
slangasekoh, bug #1095887 should be fixed now16:37
ubottubug 1095887 in pam (Ubuntu Raring) "package libpam-modules 1.1.3-7ubuntu4 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/man/man8/pam_group.8.gz', which is different from other instances of package libpam-modules:i386" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/109588716:37
cjwatsonbut need to finish .2 first16:37
slangasekcjwatson: cheers16:37
* slangasek nods16:37
* xnox has still 2 merge proposals for kylin.16:38
slangasekbdmurray: do you think that puts enough of a dent in it for this week?16:38
bdmurrayslangasek: yes, I do16:39
slangasekok, great16:40
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB16:40
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
bdmurrayNext Monday is a US Holiday, but I'm taking this Friday off16:41
slangasekanything else?16:42
slangasek(I'll be off next Monday fwiw)16:42
* barry too16:43
* ogra_ wont16:43
slangasekxnox: so I guess you shouldn't let the fox inside16:44
slangasekogra_: yeah but I'm sure you have National Beer Day or something coming up soon enough ;)16:45
ogra_haha, yeah16:45
=== xnox is now known as foxtrot
=== foxtrot is now known as xnox
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb 13 16:45:48 2013 UTC.16:45
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-02-13-16.03.moin.txt16:45
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-02-13-16.03.html16:45
slangasekthanks everyone :)16:45
ogra_thanks !16:46
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== ghostcube_ is now known as ghostcube
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== james_ is now known as Guest49482
redtape-renegadejono: Hi there .. I'm not sure you got my effort of your wallpaper (shutter) .. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55128914/Lubuntu%20docs/background%20jonos%20grumpy%20cat%20wallpaper.png23:56
redtape-renegadeNice try anyway :D23:57

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!