=== genupulas is now known as sekahr
=== sekahr is now known as shekhar
=== shekhar is now known as sekhar
=== sekhar is now known as group
=== group is now known as raju
=== raju is now known as sekhar
=== james_ is now known as Guest90685
=== 77CAASO49 is now known as amachu
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
=== jono is now known as Guest42688
=== mmrazik|afk is now known as mmrazik
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== lala_ is now known as lalatenduM
=== baba is now known as Guest13870
=== tiagoscd is now known as Guest97368
=== tiagohillebrandt is now known as tiagoscd
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|lunch
=== mmrazik|lunch is now known as mmrazik
=== Pici` is now known as Pici
=== mhall119_ is now known as mhall119
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
* slangasek waves15:03
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Mar 13 15:03:31 2013 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:03
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:03
=== davidcalle_ is now known as davidcalle
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra cjwatson xnox stokachu)15:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra cjwatson xnox stokachu)
slangasekbarry ogra jodh ev doko bdmurray cjwatson stgraber xnox stokachu slangasek15:04
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round15:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra cjwatson xnox stokachu)15:04
slangasekbarry ogra jodh ev doko bdmurray cjwatson stgraber xnox stokachu slangasek15:04
slangasekbarry's not here - ogra?15:04
ogra_ * discussions, discussions, discussions about phablet ...15:04
ogra_ * vUDS ...: foundations-1303-cdimage-android-builds15:04
ogra_ * helped the community guys to get WIFI running on samsung phones15:04
ogra_ * started looking into x86 android for qemu supporting images (sadly not a CM10.1 variant so it will need quite some changes)15:04
ogra_ * debugging a boot issue when ubuntu phablet was used on an nx7 a subsequent desktop install starts with a black screen15:04
ogra_ * tested nx7 image installation15:04
ogra_ * added manifest syncing to the cdimage phablet-sync script15:04
ogra_ * started work on getting an ubuntu-phablet seed into our branch (though that might be moot before 13.04 since many conflicting packages (NM, ofono ...) wont be ready i was told, so we cant build images)15:04
ogra_ * move nx7 desktop image to pxz ... the debian bug was fixed, we just need a merge of busybox now (xnox is on it)15:04
ogra_ * finish the ubuntu-phablet seed (only 65 packages on top of ubuntu-minimal)15:04
ogra_ * test ac100 lubuntu image for beta1 (and fix possible issues)15:04
ogra_ * go on working on x86 android base for phablet qemu images15:04
ogra_ * meeting on friday about how to handle raring images even with conflicting packages (see above)15:04
xnoxogra_: any news on dropping panda-desktop? or not yet final?15:05
ogra_oh, right15:05
ogra_we will drop it15:05
ogra_i need to write a nice note to ubuntu-devel :)15:05
jodh* blueprints:15:05
jodh  - foundations-q-upstart-stateful-re-exec:15:05
jodh    - Updated Upstart Cookbook for Upstart 1.7 and publicised.15:05
jodh    - Finished file bridge and raised MP on lp:upstart. Awaiting feedback:15:05
jodh      https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/upstart/file-bridge-MP/+merge/15276715:05
jodh    - Wrote apport hook for upstart - needs review and ideally a fix for15:05
jodh      bug 1154536 before it's added to the package.15:05
jodh  - foundations-r-upstart-roadmap: no progress.15:05
jodh* misc:15:05
jodh  - on holiday yesterday.15:05
ubottubug 1154536 in Apport "provide ability for apport to detect modified conffiles reliably when not running as root" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115453615:05
cjwatsonogra_: I read that as "get UEFI running on samsung phones" and was scared15:06
ogra_yeah, UEFI and grub :)15:06
evpass (still typing)15:06
xnox#action xnox to merge busybox15:06
meetingologyACTION: xnox to merge busybox15:07
ogra_stealing power from slangasek ?15:07
xnox#action ogra_ to email u-d about panda desktop EOL15:07
meetingologyACTION: ogra_ to email u-d about panda desktop EOL15:07
xnoxogra_: AlanBell taught me tricks on #ubuntu-irc ;-)15:07
slangasekogra_: ubuntu-phablet seed> even if the image builds don't move to nusakan before 13.04, I think it's important to get any phablet builds that *are* being done to use the shared view of the package list... jenkins should be pulling from the seed + livecd-rootfs config, not using its own definition15:09
ogra_slangasek, thats why it is on my TODO for next week :)15:09
bdmurrayoh, is it my turn since ev passed and doko is not here?15:09
slangasekogra_: ok :)15:09
ogra_will also help users that want to run live-build at home15:10
ogra_(linke the one who just asks in #ubuntu-touch)15:10
slangasekbdmurray: yes15:10
bdmurrayvirtual UDS15:10
bdmurrayuds lightning talk on new errors features15:10
bdmurraycode reviews for evan15:10
bdmurraytested user parameter on errors.ubuntu.com15:10
bdmurrayspeed and logic improvements to the most common problems table in resources.py for teams15:10
bdmurraymodified most_common_problems.js to be better when switching from packages to users and back15:11
bdmurrayupdated most_common_problem.js to update UI based on url parameters (package, user and period)15:11
bdmurraywrote a pycassa query to discover regressions using bucket systems15:11
bdmurraywrote a pycassa query regarding package crash rate15:11
bdmurrayworked on and merge proposal for errors API feature for rate of crashes15:11
bdmurraymodifications to rate of crashes branch based of ev's feedback15:11
bdmurraysubmitted rt 59711 regarding updating error-tracker-dependencies15:11
bdmurrayreporting, research into and fixing of bug 114801515:11
bdmurrayreporting, and research into bug 114811615:11
bdmurrayupdated error-tracker-dependencies for python-lazr.restfulclient related to the move of launchpad.py15:11
ubottubug 1148015 in Daisy "launchpad.py says a PPA package is a source package but tells you it has no binaries" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/114801515:11
ubottubug 1148116 in apport (Ubuntu) "not all packages from PPAs have '[origin: ' in Package section" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/114811615:11
bdmurrayresearch into bug 1056061 regarding FirstSeen being wrong15:11
ubottubug 1056061 in Errors ""First seen" version is wrong in release-specific table" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105606115:11
bdmurrayworked with webops regarding the import user packages cronjob15:11
bdmurrayresearch into gap in release:src_pkg counter15:11
bdmurraydebugged an issue with first seen and last seen being null in the most-common-problems table15:11
bdmurraysubmitted merge proposal for less than 5 bucketids branch of errors15:11
bdmurrayreported errors bug 1154275 regarding empty failed buckets15:11
ubottubug 1154275 in Errors "bucket page for failed retraces empty" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115427515:11
bdmurrayreported bug 1154356 regarding release package counter ttl15:11
ubottubug 1154356 in Daisy "release package counter's ttl does not work" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115435615:11
bdmurrayinvestigation into quantity of bugs being tagged regression-update15:11
bdmurraylooked for packages to be removed from -proposed that are removal candidates15:11
bdmurrayresearch into session installer bug 105654515:11
ubottubug 1056545 in sessioninstaller (Ubuntu) "session-installer crashed with AlreadyCalledDeferred in callback()" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105654515:11
bdmurraytesting of bug 96722915:11
ubottubug 967229 in plymouth (Ubuntu) "Text mode shown briefly with various "cryptic" texts when logging out or shutting down" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/96722915:11
bdmurrayconsolekit upload for bug 113092315:11
ubottubug 1130923 in consolekit (Ubuntu Quantal) "consolekit: ck-get-x11-display-device segmentation fault" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/113092315:11
bdmurrayblogged about using launchpad users at errors.ubuntu.com15:11
evwooooooooooo! Thanks for all the awesome investigative work this past week15:12
bdmurray✔ done15:12
cjwatsonRelease process discussions.15:12
cjwatsonFixed the notorious LP override-copying bug 1152149.15:12
cjwatsonFixed the cause of LP bug 1152669.  Some DB cleanup still needed.15:12
cjwatsonSet up image building for new UbuntuKylin and Ubuntu GNOME flavours.15:12
cjwatsonCleaned up problems caused by LibreOffice help conflicts, with Bjoern.15:12
cjwatsonFixed a lurking bug in grub2's kernel hook that broke Edubuntu image builds.15:12
ubottubug 1152149 in Launchpad itself "Combining async copying and deletion loses overrides" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115214915:12
cjwatsonExpanded grub2's ACPI halt handling to cope with current seabios.15:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1152669 in Launchpad itself "Soyuz allows me to delete packages from a RELEASE pocket of a CURRENT series" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115266915:12
cjwatsonCurrently working on bug 869825 (trying to figure out how to fix it without breaking translations), and probably diving into +1 maintenance shortly thereafter.15:12
ubottubug 869825 in console-setup (Ubuntu Raring) "French (Switzerland) is no longer a layout choice in the installer" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/86982515:12
cjwatsonIncidentally I need brain bleach to cope with having spent a day with the ACPI spec.15:13
ogra_beer might help15:13
ogra_lots ...15:13
xnoxcjwatson: intersting about ACPI halt, would that also fix not being able to reboot VirtualBox after installation finishes?!15:13
slangasekbdmurray: what was the outcome of your investigation into the regression-update bugs?  Will there be a wording change in the dialog that's been prompting users about whether the bug showed up after an update?15:13
cjwatsonxnox: No15:14
cjwatsonUnrelated I'm afraid15:14
stgraberFeature work:15:14
stgraber - Upstart (BLUEPRINT: foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements)15:14
stgraber  - Fixed upstart user session re-exec.15:14
stgraber  - Some more rework of Xsession/user jobs in the PPA.15:14
stgraber  - Pushed upstart 1.7 to the archive.15:14
stgraber  - Pushed user jobs to dbus, gnome-session and gnome-settings-daemon.15:14
stgraber - Container (BLUEPRINT: servercloud-r-lxc)15:14
slangasekhmm why is update-manager crashing and burning here all of a sudden15:14
stgraber  - Usual code review.15:14
bdmurrayslangasek: that was removed from xdiagnose which was the bulk of them,  I've subscribed to the tag now (-linux) and it is relatively quiet.15:15
stgraber  - Plumbers planning.15:15
stgraber  - Backport to precise.15:15
stgraber  - Call on moving phablet to LXC.15:15
stgraber  - Various fixed to the UTAH tests.15:15
stgraber  - Implemented nesting support in lxc-ls15:15
stgraber  - Preparing 0.9~rc1 (pull request due later today)15:15
slangasekbdmurray: ok, great15:15
stgraber - Networking (BLUEPRINT: foundations-r-networking)15:15
stgraber  - isc-dhcp quantal SRU15:15
stgraber  - Looking into MAAS/isc-dhcp bug.15:15
stgraber  - General follow-up triage of networking bugs.15:15
stgraber  - Got feedback from IS wrt IPv6. archive.u.c and security.u.c are now dual-stack.15:15
stgraber  - Got new SIM cards to test dual-stack 3G (multiple PDP contexts)15:15
stgraberNew work:15:15
stgraber - Plenty of vUDS sessions.15:15
stgraber - Work on plan for device updates. Spent most of yesterday in calls, have a pretty good plan now that needs to be written down.15:15
stgraber - Get NM integrated with ofono. The work has been split in more WI and I'm now rebasing my work on current NM and sending it to Mathieu for further work.15:15
stgraberOther work:15:15
stgraber - Installer: bug 94461415:15
ubottubug 944614 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity crashed with AttributeError in keyboard_variant_timeout(): 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'apply_keyboard'" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/94461415:15
stgraber - Some queuebot fixes.15:15
stgraber - Tested grub2 UEFI PXE.15:15
stgraber - Found and help debugging a libssl/libgnutls regression15:15
stgraber - Release15:15
stgraber  - UDS/release cadence discussions15:15
cjwatsonstgraber: grub2 UEFI PXE> and?15:15
stgraber  - Preparing beta1 for participating flavours15:16
stgraber  - Helped setup UbuntuKylin and Ubuntu GNOME15:16
stgraber - LXC 0.9~rc1 release15:16
stgraber - Some isc-dhcp bugs15:16
stgraber - ifupdown SRU15:16
stgraber - Continue planning the mobile update process15:16
stgraber - Rebase NM-ofono patch and send to cyphermox15:16
stgrabercjwatson: that was for the time I tried before you had a look. So it was starting fine but failing to retrieve anything over tftp.15:16
cjwatsonHuh, everyone else seems to be reporting two weeks of work; oh well15:17
xnox* uds - todo mobile updates & packaging follow ups.15:17
xnox* before and a bit after a quick guile 1.6->1.8 transition done,15:17
xnox  please remove guile1.6 bug #115449115:17
xnox* u1 ubiquity plugin is complete, pending one.ubuntu.com deployment,15:17
xnox  final testing, FFe approval, and merge/upload. bug #115373115:17
xnox  lp:~xnox/ubiquity/main-u115:17
stgraberright, I had a stack of notes for the pre-UDS week that I bundled in there15:17
ubottubug 1154491 in guile-pg (Ubuntu) "Please remove guile-1.6 from the archive" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115449115:17
xnox* uploaded ubiquity FF release with fix ups afterwards15:17
ubottubug 1153731 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Raring) "[FFe] Ubuntu One sing in or up or skip plugin" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115373115:17
xnox* patch pilot / mostly mutliarchifying15:17
xnox* Prepated and uploaded openssl SRUs for bug #1083498 bug #1066032 bug15:17
xnox  #1018522 (pending infinity / doko to review that it does not explode15:17
xnox  the world).15:17
ubottubug 1083498 in openssl (Ubuntu Quantal) "please enable arm assembler code in openssl" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108349815:17
xnox* Merged up some patches for lvm2 thin_provision support15:17
ubottubug 1066032 in openssl (Ubuntu Quantal) "Deadlock when reading a public key" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106603215:17
xnox* My shiny new Gigabyte motherboard needs a older family cpu to upgrade15:17
xnox  bios to support the cpu I bought *sigh* =(15:17
xnox* Requested overlayfs support for nexus7, and ppisati implemented15:17
xnox  that. Tested his hand compiled kernel, works great. Should be15:17
xnox  landing in the archive soonish.15:17
stokachuJury duty Mon/Tuesday, catching up on emails and bugs15:18
stokachuCurrently working bug 1121874, bug 859600 (getting sru's in shape).15:18
stokachuxnox, bug 778627 - just so im clear on this status with an updated sru template are we still considering fixing this for precise?15:18
ubottubug 1121874 in mysql-5.5 (Ubuntu) "MySQL launch fails silently if < 4MB of disk space is available" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/112187415:18
ubottubug 859600 in gnome-keyring (Ubuntu Precise) "Please convert gnome-keyring to multiarch" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/85960015:18
ubottubug 778627 in bash (Ubuntu Precise) "In natty, bash completion now quotes shell variable references rather than expanding them" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77862715:18
slangasekxnox: RMA the motherboard and make them send you one with a current firmware? :)15:19
slangasek * vUDS - great discussions, everyone!15:20
slangasek * post-UDS blueprint rastling15:20
slangasek * discussions with pitti about systemd uplift for logind support; this is going ahead, libudev has an ABI transition now in -proposed15:20
slangasek * patch pilot day Monday15:20
slangasek * libnih,upstart reviews for the file bridge15:20
slangasek * fighting a swap death issue with the raring kernel (bug #1152736)15:20
ubottubug 1152736 in linux (Ubuntu) "system swapping itself to death in raring for no good reason" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115273615:20
cjwatsonoverlayfs> oh, great, I asked for that a couple of months ago too15:20
ev- Working with jjo to get daisy writing a percentage of the core files to15:20
ev  Swift, with the rest still on NFS. Lots of code review and iteration, but15:20
ev  we've finally deployed \o/. We're running 1% on Swift for now, but we're15:20
ev  about to jump up to 10%. After this we'll get started on putting some15:20
ev  retracers on prodstack, talking to Swift and the Rabbit queue.15:20
ev- Working on code to properly remove items from the retracer queue. Long story15:20
ev  short (iknowright?), we've got a lot of "problems" that we've never retraced15:20
ev  because we deleted their core files and message off the Rabbit queue, but15:20
ev  they're still sitting in a Cassandra column family.15:20
ev- Code review for Brian as part of his phased updates work.15:20
ev- Fixed all our cron jobs (importing bug data, creating the unique systems over15:20
cjwatson(bug 1076317)15:20
ubottubug 1076317 in ubuntu-nexus7 "please add aufs/overlayfs/unionfs support to android based kernels" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/107631715:20
ev  90 days running counts, etc) when they broke with the path reorg. Re-ran the15:20
ev  import scripts manually over the missing days.15:20
ev- Set up Google Anayltics for errors.u.c.15:20
ev- Fixed our SSO integration so that users not in an approved group get knocked15:20
ev  back to the front page with a helpful error message, rather than just looping15:20
ev  on the SSO login page.15:20
ev- Finally got libcassandra-dpkgversiontype-java deployed to the production15:20
ev  Cassandra cluster. Started reworking the code to rebuild the BucketVersions15:20
ev  CF (mapping of problems to the Ubuntu releases and versions they occur in,15:20
ev  with counters for the latter), only to have a brainwave that we've been using15:20
ev  counters all wrong. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and instead of15:20
ev  pretending like over/undercounting isn't a problem, we'll write wide rows as15:20
ev  well, using these to repair the counts in cron jobs overnight. Started15:20
ev  writing some code to do exactly this:15:20
ev  http://paste.ubuntu.com/5608424/15:20
ev- Investigated why we weren't getting whitelisted in SSO, and fixed. This had15:20
ev  to do with the way we were handing off from Apache frontends to HAProxy to15:20
ev  Apache WSGI runners. You'll now no longer get prompted with a page where you15:20
xnoxstokachu: it's marked incomplete by me. If someone steps up to write an extended / complete SRU template, with procedures how to enable direxpand, i'll be happy to sponsor that SRU. Otherwise it will just fall off the radar.15:21
ev  can select what Launchpad user data (your teams, email address, etc) to15:21
ev  Errors - we'll get it automatically and there's nothing you can do about it15:21
ev  (bwahaha).15:21
ev- Fixed some bugs in lp:daisy and lp:errors found via15:21
ev  http://errors.ubuntu.com/oops-local.15:21
ev- Meeting with Amrit, Matthew, and Luca to discuss the navigation structure for15:21
ev  errors.ubuntu.com and other Ubuntu project sites.15:21
ev- Came up with a plan for fixing the average errors per calendar day graph,15:21
ev  adjusting for population growth:15:21
ev  http://paste.ubuntu.com/5608021/15:21
stokachuxnox: cool ill follow up with a more proper sru and procedure15:21
evslangasek: where do we stand on that NDA?15:21
evps anyone else completely locked out of lcy02?15:22
evI get 403 forbidden if I try to do anything with it15:22
xnoxcjwatson: yeap, that's the bug for nexus7. Pull request is up already, so should land soon =)15:23
cjwatson'juju status' seems to work for me on lcy0215:24
cjwatsonif that helps ...15:24
evcjwatson: weird. I'll call support and whinge.15:25
xnoxslangasek: instead of doing RMA, I ordered a 25 GBP cpu (1.6GHz single core, non-threaded, celeron) and will use it to upgrade my motherboard and then return this baby cpu back where it's comming from =))))15:25
slangasekev: no progress on the NDA question; I need to circle around on that, sorry15:25
slangasekxnox: heh, ok15:25
evslangasek: no worries, just keep me posted :)15:25
slangasek[TOPIC] Blueprints15:25
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Blueprints
slangasekso there are relatively few blueprints coming out of vUDS that are in need of drafting, since we have quite a bit of carry-over work that we're still going on with15:26
slangasekbut for any new blueprints that did come out of vUDS, please make sure you get your drafting done by EOB tomorrow15:26
slangasekalso, we have a new set of milestones in launchpad, to be able to track work on a per-month basis for UE's internal management purposes15:27
slangasekplease use these for targeting of all phone-related work items / blueprints15:27
slangasek(so for stuff that's happening in march, use ubuntu-13.04-month-5, not ubuntu-13.04-beta-2)15:28
slangasekalso, for your previously-blueprinted workitems from Copenhagen, please review and check if the monthly milestone would be a more appropriate target for that work15:28
slangasekthis will help with internal planning, to be able to see "work being done in March" in one place (ish)15:29
slangasekany questions?15:29
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugs/errors/defects15:30
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugs/errors/defects
slangasekbdmurray: so aside from teamviewer8 being insane and breaking the fabric of space-time... what should we be paying attention to?15:30
bdmurrayI ran across bug 1143359 and while it is assigned to the hwe team wondered if we had any insight for them15:31
ubottubug 1143359 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "Dell Latittude 6340u - Systems will not boot in uEFI mode" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/114335915:31
slangasekbdmurray: I've seen other bug reports that booting under uefi boot to black; let me look those up15:32
slangasekbug #112952415:32
ubottubug 1129524 in linux (Ubuntu) "Precise & Quantal won't boot in UEFI" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/112952415:32
slangasekbut, 1143359 doesn't give a very clear description of what "Doesn't boot" means15:32
slangasekoh; "both systems were installed via PXE using legacy PXE boot mode."15:33
slangasekso why would that be expected to give you a useful UEFI-enabled result?15:33
slangasekcjwatson: ^^?15:33
cjwatsonEr, yes, I missed that15:35
cjwatsonIt wouldn't15:35
cjwatsonI've left a comment15:35
cjwatsonDoes sound like tester error15:35
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
slangasekcjwatson: ta15:36
bdmurraythanks, okay then we have bug 120689 regarding update-manager partial upgrades.15:36
ubottubug 120689 in update-manager (Ubuntu) ""Not all updates can be installed" dialog has unclear buttons & unselectable text" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/12068915:36
bdmurrayIt seems that at least there should be a cancel option but I seem to recall large discussions about partial upgrade being terrible15:37
bdmurrayor a bad idea15:37
cjwatsonWell, it is, it's just terrible in both directions15:37
cjwatsonAs I think I said in that bug15:37
slangasekI thought there was a "cancel" option, which takes you into something that doesn't look much like cancelling15:38
slangasekbut, I think the more serious issue is that "partial upgrade" doesn't make any sense, and the explanatory text explains nothing about what your choices are15:39
cjwatsonI definitely agree the path should be towards getting rid of the partial-upgrade case, but I'd like to have some experience with how things do with my recent update-manager changes first15:39
slangasekwell, my experience is that I've gotten the dialog again this week as a result of two separate packages15:39
slangasek(libreoffice, foomatic-db)15:39
slangasekbdmurray: so, I think it would be worth us taking a pass at wordsmithing the dialog15:40
xnoxcjwatson: ubuntu-distro-info --help15:41
slangasekbdmurray: interested in tackling this yourself?  if not I can take a look15:41
bdmurrayslangasek: I'm still pretty busy with errors and phased updates work15:42
slangasekok - please assign it to me15:43
bdmurraythen there is bug 113028415:43
ubottubug 1130284 in icu (Ubuntu) "Libreoffice crash when typing some Malayalam text using ibus" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/113028415:43
slangasek(would assign it myself, but my browser is currently putting my processor in a headlock)15:43
xnox#action disable -proposed in the upgrader, and for existing pre-release users who have it enabled.15:44
meetingologyACTION: disable -proposed in the upgrader, and for existing pre-release users who have it enabled.15:44
cjwatsonicu> that's just a backport, right?15:44
cjwatsonor cherry-pick I suppose15:44
slangasekxnox: I hope you don't expect me to send out meeting minutes with these actions for you ;)15:44
xnoxslangasek: meetinology will give me a url at the end of the meeting ;-)15:45
cjwatsonOh, and a trivial one at that15:45
cjwatsonI'll take the icu bug15:45
bdmurraythanks, then bug 1056545 which is similar to or the same as bug 848605 which was "fixed" some time ago15:46
ubottubug 1056545 in sessioninstaller (Ubuntu) "session-installer crashed with AlreadyCalledDeferred in callback()" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105654515:46
ubottubug 848605 in sessioninstaller (Ubuntu Precise) "session-installer crashed with AlreadyCalledDeferred in callback()" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/84860515:46
bdmurrayerrors is showing it still occurring with the fixed versions of the package15:47
cjwatsonMight be best to try to get hold of Sebastian Heinlein for that one?15:56
cjwatsonOh, or maybe Julian Andres Klode, I think I misremembered the maintainer15:56
bdmurrayokay, I'll try that and try creating a test case for it since the previous bug didn't have a great one15:56
bdmurraybug 1152222 seems to be a regression in pycurl15:57
ubottubug 1152222 in pycurl (Ubuntu) "pycurl fails with TypeError: string argument expected, got 'bytes' " [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115222215:57
* stgraber has to run to another meeting (in 2min)15:57
slangasekwhee, GPU hang.15:57
* xnox can look into pycurl.15:57
ogra_slangasek, Mir will fix that :P15:57
bdmurrayxnox: thanks15:57
bdmurraythen with bug 1152254 the webcam step is just going away right?15:58
ubottubug 1152254 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Webcam is not capturing the image during raring desktop installations" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115225415:58
slangasekogra_: I disbelieve :)15:58
xnoxogra_: the one that crashed, the one that needs  approval, or the not yet finished one?15:58
ogra_the GPU hangs of this world15:58
xnoxbdmurray: me and Laney fixed regression in gstreamer. Webcam should be working again.15:58
* xnox will ask for that user retest, once I retest with my webcam (which also was affected)15:58
bdmurrayxnox: ah okay15:59
bdmurraythat's about it from me16:00
slangasekbdmurray: thanks16:00
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB16:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekI do have one other minitopic16:01
slangasek(if I can find the blueprint amid the mess of my desktop on the floor)16:01
slangasekthere's a blueprint out of vUDS on the client track covering getting Ubuntu Touch merged into the archive16:01
cjwatsonFor that icu bug, does anyone know how to get Ctrl-Shift-u to work for Unicode input?  Doesn't seem to for me16:02
slangasekI volunteered us to help, and seb128 has assigned a set of work items to me - I need volunteers for them :)16:02
slangasekdoes someone want to take the lead on these packages: platform-api, qtubuntu, qtubuntu-sensors?16:03
xnoxslangasek: do you know what those actually mean?16:03
slangasekxnox: those are the names of packages from the Ubuntu Touch preview16:04
slangasekxnox: for more details, talk to didrocks :)16:04
xnoxoh, ok.16:04
xnoxI can take one, qtubuntu-sensors sounds fun.16:05
slangasekanyone else?16:05
slangasekit's not urgent anyway, so we can continue picking them off later16:05
slangasekand I think that's it unless anyone else has something16:06
xnoxit's an oportunity to learn integration with jenkins and daily auto landing black magic =)16:06
slangasekyep :)16:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Mar 13 16:06:45 2013 UTC.16:06
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-03-13-15.03.moin.txt16:06
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-03-13-15.03.html16:06
slangasekok, thanks everyone!16:06
ogra_thanks !16:08
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|eod
=== hallino1_ is now known as hallino1
=== chiluk` is now known as chiluk
=== mmrazik|eod is now known as mmrazik
=== james_ is now known as Guest11140

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!