jbassettI have a suggestion for Ubuntu interface, is this the right place to put it forward?00:26
jbassettA user has an external monitor on a laptop and generally only uses the external monitor when at home, so turns off the laptop screen using the Ubuntu Displays interface.  They have found that unplugging the external monitor in order to wander elsewhere in the home for example, does not automatically reactivate the laptop screen.  In such a use case I would have expected this to have been the case.  I would ther00:29
jbassettefore recommend such addition or even a checkbox in the Display area to facilitate the toggle of this feature on or off.00:29
sladenjbassett: it's more likely a particular hardware in a particular laptop causing this behaviour at a lower level01:28
ScottKTheMuso: Could you have a look at Bug #1127461 ?  It's causing enough problems it's getting blogged about on Planet KDE.  The recommended solution is uninstalling qt-at-spi.04:25
ubottubug 1127461 in qt-at-spi (Ubuntu) "qt-at-spi crash in Krita and other applications" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/112746104:25
TheMusoScottK: Right, I'd say the solution for raring at least is for you to stop shipping qt-at-spi, as the Qt accessibility code for QT4 is no longer maintained, given the move to Qt5.04:26
TheMusoBut I'll take a look.04:26
ScottKTheMuso: Thanks.  I''m particularly concerned about precise though.04:27
TheMusoAh right.04:27
ScottKThe issue, as described in the blog post I saw, affected people in Unity sessions as well.04:27
ScottKTheMuso: I checked and it's not in the Kubuntu seeds, but it is in Ubuntu desktop seed for raring.04:30
ScottKThanks for looking into it.04:31
TheMusoScottK: Right, a result of people using KDE apps in general. I'll see what I can do, no promises as I am unfamiliar with the code base. Hopefully newer code in the qt-at-spi git repo fixes, it, but I doubt it.04:32
ScottKThanks.  I pinged you since I saw you did the last upload ...04:32
TheMusoFair enough.04:32
pittiinfinity: udev-acl conditional> splendid, thank you!06:33
pittiGood morning06:33
dholbachgood morning07:48
=== jj-_ is now known as jj-
pittistgraber, slangasek, ScottK: I followed up to bug 1153224 with a current status, FYI08:05
ubottubug 1153224 in systemd (Ubuntu) "[FFE] Move to logind for session tracking" [Wishlist,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115322408:05
pittiNB that I won't be totally disappointed if you say "not for raring"; I'm mostly pushing for a decision now to see how to go on with this08:07
pitti(but I think the desktop team and even more so the GNOME Ubuntu flavor teams may want this more than I do)08:07
dholbachpitti, can you reject texlive-base_2012.20120611-5~12.04_source.changes please - it was meant to go my ppa... O:-)08:36
pittidholbach: *zap*08:40
dholbachthanks pitti08:42
=== racedo` is now known as racedo
tjaaltonis the consolekit/logind migration complete now?08:44
pittitjaalton: no, still waiting on above FFE08:47
tjaaltonpitti: ok, just wondering if jbicha is/was using some ppa with it that might cause bug 115607408:56
ubottubug 1156074 in xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu) "[raring] after updates, i965 driver won't load" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115607408:56
pitticould be, following up08:57
tjaaltonI added a question, refresh if it wasn't there yet :)08:57
pittiah, I added a similar one08:58
pittibut it's not a PPA any more actually, you can just use the universe package08:58
pitticjwatson: FYI, I committed your aptdaemon updates to bzr, thanks for those! I also added the missing pep8 test dep in bzr now, and looking at the other failed test09:13
* pitti fixes the three PEP-8 violations upstream09:17
mardytvoss: hi! Are you subscribed to the ubuntu-phone ML? I'd like to start a topic there about how implementing the keyring on the phone/tablet, and I think that your participation would be very important :-)09:26
tvossmardy, I'm subscribed, yes.09:26
tvossmardy, I think lool should be involved with the discussion, too. Perhaps explicitly list him as recipient?09:27
tvosslool, are you subscribed to ubuntu-phone?09:27
looltvoss: yes09:28
tvosslool, thx09:29
LyzardKingI need help with the ubuntu-sdk09:29
LyzardKingWhen I run the tutorial  I get errors regarding like file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/Ubuntu/Components/Toolbar.qml:112: TypeError: Cannot read property 'visible' of null09:30
LyzardKingand other similar ones09:30
dholbachLyzardKing, you might want to ask in #ubuntu-phone or #ubuntu-app-devel09:30
cjwatsonpitti: thanks09:53
cjwatsonpitti: I think I looked at bzr and it was just an auto-import; I must have been looking at the wrong branch09:54
pittidebcheckout / Vcs-Bzr: are right09:54
pittianyway, I can reproduce the "debian-security/nonfree" failure in a VM09:54
pittiit works on my normal workstation09:54
mlankhorstdebcheckout? awesome09:54
ogra_oh, wow, multiarch on my 12.04 desktop fails miserably if i add armhf09:55
ogra_(apt-get update chokes on security.ubuntu.com)09:56
=== tkamppeter__ is now known as tkamppeter
loolpitti, cjwatson: woot, should Mark's proposal be on the techboard agenda for today?10:05
pittilool: yes, I think it should10:05
loolpitti, cjwatson: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2013-March/001527.html that is10:05
cjwatsonpitti: ah, my bad for trusting my old checkout :)10:07
looladded, thanks10:09
=== Claudinux__ is now known as Claudinux
pittibdrung: FYI, uploading libsoxr to fix autopkgtest failure10:26
=== ckpringle_ is now known as ckpringle
bdrungpitti: thanks. i will forward your patch upstream.10:46
pittibdrung: danke!10:47
bdrungbitte :)10:47
jameshpitti: I was moving some tests for an app over to using your dbusmock library, and found it was leaving dbusmockobject processes hanging around.10:51
jameshpitti: the docstrings imply that these processes should automatically exit when the bus they connect to goes away, so is this a bug?10:52
pittijamesh: yes, that's a bug10:52
jameshpitti: okay.  I added explicit terminate()/wait() calls as the dbusmock examples do.  So I was wondering if it was a code bug or a docs bug10:54
pittijamesh: they should listen to their attached bus going down and terminate themselves10:55
pittijamesh: yeah, the examples do that manually indeed, but automatic termination sounds nicer10:55
henrix@pilot in11:01
=== udevbot_ changed the topic of #ubuntu-devel to: Ubuntu 12.10 released | Archive: Feature Freeze | Devel of Ubuntu (not support or app devel) | build failures -> http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/ | #ubuntu for support and discussion of hardy -> quantal | #ubuntu-app-devel for app development on Ubuntu http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment | See #ubuntu-bugs for http://bit.ly/lv8soi | Patch Pilots: henrix
jameshpitti: I filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-dbusmock/+bug/1156561 so it won't be forgotten11:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1156561 in python-dbusmock "DBusTestCase.spawn_server() says spawned daemon will exit when bus closes, but process is left behind" [Undecided,New]11:07
pittijamesh: thanks11:07
melodiecjwatson I just read what you told me last night about the dangling symlinks. I will try to give an example, and I was not from outside chroot but once inside then in the live in virtualbox, and after that in the installed os in virtualbox.11:21
pittisl-modem-dkms has failed to build for quite a while, as exposed by the ubuntu-drivers-common autopkgtest11:36
pittido we still actually care about this one?11:36
loolpitti: I have an intel graphics card and updated earlier this morning, I have 175-0ubuntu24 and I get LP #115607411:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1156074 in xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu) "[raring] after updates, i965 driver won't load" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115607411:40
pittilool: are you running standard raring with consolekit or logind?11:40
loolpitti: actually, not sure it's the exact same bug11:41
loolpitti: I've rebooted and I'm now getting relatively low res graphics11:41
pittilool: do you have an acl on /dev/dri/card0 ?11:41
loolbut glxinfo works11:41
pittiok, so not the same bug11:41
looland I have facl permission on it11:41
pittiwell, at least the one above said it was due to having no ACL11:41
loolI have consolekit but not logind11:42
xnoxpitti: i'd say we do care about sl-modem-dkms, but it often lags behind linux kernel & debian patches it only up to debian's kernel, which is usually less than ours....11:42
pittixnox: there's even a bug for it, but I wonder if I should keep ubuntu-driver-common's tests fail eternally for this11:42
pittiI guess that autopkgtest should move to sl-modem rather11:42
xnoxpitti: dkms FTBFS tests should be all in each dkms module package. I guess ship a test script in the dkms module, and add/symlink it in each -dkms package?11:43
loolapparently, xrandr believes I have a screen connected when I dont11:43
xnoxpitti: ... or with some jenkins magic auto-add them the way autopkgtests are added?11:44
pittixnox: that'd be possible, yes; I also have some test in u-d-common to detect that sl-modem is necessary, but that one could drop the actual installation11:44
xnoxpitti: /me ponders about dh_installdep8 which would detect and add typical tests (e.g. initctl checkconf for all upstart jobs, dkms module FTBFS, abi-compliance-checker)11:46
pittitseliot: so we have a nvidia-experimental-304 AND nvidia-304? same with -310?11:48
tseliotpitti: do you mean in raring?11:48
pittitseliot: as nvidia-current isn't what it used to be any more, I'm adjusting u-d-common's autopkgtests and wonder which versions we shoudl cover11:49
pittitseliot: yes11:49
tseliotpitti: I don't remember if I'm doing this already but ideally nvidia-experimental-304 should be a transitional package of 304 (or maybe 304-updates), same as with 310 and its experimental flavour11:50
pittiapparently not11:50
pittialso, we have a nvidia-313-updates, but no nvidia-313, is that intended?11:51
* pitti adds -310 to autopkgtest11:51
tseliotpitti: ok, I'll deal with the transitional packages this week. Furthermore, 313 is not an LTS series, so it won't get a non updates flavour11:52
pittiok, so I'll just add a test for 313-updates11:53
=== mitya57_ is now known as mitya57
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
melodiecjwatson in the installed version, in Virtualbox, here are the results for "find -L /usr -l", the for /etc then for /var:12:16
melodieI will start the live version in vbox just now and do the same to compare12:17
mlankhorstfor MRE's and backports of those MRE's to the lts-stack, do I need to run piglit for both on all hardware, or is a smoke test for the lts-stack enough?12:17
cjwatsonmelodie: ah, OK; well I suppose you could clean up the help symlinks, but that will just mean that if people install the langpacks later then they won't get localised help whereas otherwise they might have done12:29
cjwatsoni.e. it's intentionally breaking stuff for the sake of a few inodes, which is rarely worth it12:29
cjwatsonSome of the /usr/share/doc/ ones are probably bugs12:29
cjwatsonNo idea where /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc comes from, I don't have that here - but probably a bug12:30
melodiecjwatson this is what I thought (languages sake) when I saw what the major number of lines were : not worth trying to remove them12:30
melodieperhaps ?12:30
cjwatsonIndeed, I don't think this is worth even the amount of time spent discussing it so far :)12:30
cjwatsonIt will have only a negligible effect on the system12:31
melodiecjwatson yes, but I could not know before trying to discover why it was there12:31
melodiethank you very much12:31
cjwatsonIt might be worth tracking down why some of the other symlinks (i.e. not the obvious localised ones) are dangling12:31
cjwatsonlibnss_db.so is odd too12:32
melodieit might be there after I removed some packages to priviledge others12:32
melodieI look in my install to see if I find a clue12:33
melodiein my install it is also a dangling link and it points to /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnss_db.so.212:34
xnoxsome of the automatic package mangling-foo was spotted to generate broken symlinks in /usr/share/doc in the past. Also it seems like a few things are "waiting" on language packs, if all of them were installed most of gnome-docs would be fine.12:34
xnoxpython2.pc looks like a bug it should be python.pc only.12:35
melodiehi xnox, is this likely to lead to improvements ?12:38
xnoxmelodie: no.12:38
melodienot important enough ? :)12:39
melodieok, I go work on something else thank you12:39
xnoxmelodie: installing all language packs, will just use up a lot of disk-space. These documentation dangling symlinks is actually an optimisation, we bundle all translations in language-packs, such that one doesn't carry ~ 4GB of translations to languages one does not speak.12:39
xnox(~4GB of translations can be stripped from default Mac OS X installation last time I did it)12:40
melodiexnox I was asking about the two dangling links which should not be there and which you consider as probable bugs12:40
melodieI know all language packs can't be inside a 700 MB max iso12:41
xnoxmelodie: the only "win" will be a couple of bytes saved from the entries in the file system. I'd think one would win more by removing a single /usr/share/doc/$package/changelog.Debian.gz12:41
xnox(which was proposed to do by default in the past)12:42
melodieand it seems these broken links don't even take any space12:43
xnoxmelodie: yeah broken links are almost zero cost in terms of disk space.12:44
melodiein my system, python2.pc points to -> python-2.7.pc12:47
melodiewhich does not exist12:47
melodieit is is Precise12:47
=== _salem is now known as salem_
xnoxmelodie: yeap, cause it's multiarched.13:10
xnoxsee /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/13:12
=== DrKranz is now known as DktrKranz
melodiexnox ok, then I suppose it is normal13:13
melodieI don't have a 64bits system here13:13
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
=== wedgwood_away is now known as wedgwood
=== dpb__ is now known as dpb_
=== ckpringle_ is now known as ckpringle
=== _ is now known as Guest94915
=== andreas__ is now known as ahasenack
bdrungxnox: re debian bug #703323, can you update the man page?14:59
ubottuDebian bug 703323 in devscripts "devscripts: [wrap-and-sort] add trailing comma" [Wishlist,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/70332314:59
xnoxbdrung: *sigh*, yes.15:02
bdrungxnox: i am merging the ubuntu change back to debian, but the tests fail in experimental.15:02
pittithere, 9 autopkgtest failures less than than this morning15:03
xnoxbdrung: i had no test-failure here. Is it related to ubuntu's switch to python3, which is not possible in debian yet?15:03
xnox(here as in ubuntu)15:03
bdrungxnox: yes. the python3 switch is possible in debian too. i poked the file maintainer to add python3 support and he did it.15:04
bdrungxnox: http://paste.debian.net/242557/15:05
xnoxbdrung: interestingw, will look into it later.15:05
bdrungxnox, tumbleweed: the test suite is broken: http://paste.debian.net/242561/15:15
bdrungthe test fails even if the timeout is set to 10 mins.15:15
xnoxbdrung: what if you revert my adding a new option? or is that even with /bare/ devscripts without my patch?15:16
bdrungxnox: i haven't applied your patch. so it's not the fault of your patch. you can try building devscripts 2.13.0ubuntu1 on experimental with the same result.15:17
xnoxbdrung: fun.15:18
=== rickspencer3_ is now known as rickspencer3
bdrungtumbleweed: do you object to add a copy of devscripts.logger to ubuntu-dev-tools?15:46
xnoxbdrung: i'm for it. that means dropping python2 module from devscripts on ubuntu side and syncing ubuntu-dev-tools from debian once again =)15:55
xnoxi mean the devscripts.logger delta will go away, and we can switch to python3 on debian side as well that s.15:56
hallynall right so to get openbios-sparc, i guess i'd need to look at gcc-ppc-linux-gnu and get the analogous for sparc16:07
ogra_janimo, sad, you arent in #ubuntu-release ... you just missed the dead of cdimage-private :)16:09
janimoogra_, I got a mail from LP with the WIs set to DONE so did not miss it :)16:11
ogra_oh, there were still WIs ?16:11
janimoogra_, yes, there was an old blueprint16:12
ogra_yeah, i was looking for it but couldnt find it16:12
janimoogra_, https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntu-arm-p-image-build-tools16:13
ogra_ah, there it is16:13
ogra_i guess i wasnt subscribed16:13
ogra_i searched in my mail16:13
cjwatsonI happened to run across it the other day and thought I might as well claim them16:14
bdrungxnox: okay. i will do that after the build failure ( http://paste.debian.net/242557/ ) is fixed.16:23
henrix@pilot out16:38
=== udevbot_ changed the topic of #ubuntu-devel to: Ubuntu 12.10 released | Archive: Feature Freeze | Devel of Ubuntu (not support or app devel) | build failures -> http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/ | #ubuntu for support and discussion of hardy -> quantal | #ubuntu-app-devel for app development on Ubuntu http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment | See #ubuntu-bugs for http://bit.ly/lv8soi | Patch Pilots:
lamontbdmurray: around?16:57
lamontupdate-manager -d tells me: The requested URL /ubuntu/dists/raring/main/dist-upgrader-all/current/DevelReleaseAnnouncement.html was not found on this server.16:57
lamontbdmurray: is that expected?16:58
jbichastgraber: could you upload a newer lintian version as suggested at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-December/002140.html ? I noticed that my computer still had the old one installed16:59
stgraberjbicha: I think the hope was that we would be able to sync from Debian and get something slightly higher than what we have in extra. I'd have to check what they have in Debian nowadays. Will try to do that once I'm done with my meetings17:03
bdmurraylamont: that's from a quantal system?17:03
lamontcurrent quantal running update-manger -d17:03
lamontquantal + security + udpates only17:03
bdmurraylamont: okay thanks17:03
lamontbdmurray: does it deserve a bug?17:04
psusismoser: it seems some work has already been done to accelerate d-i... it no longer uses debootstrap, but copies a pre debootstraped squashfs for the base install... scaling this up a  bit may get you to where you want for fastpath install... adding eatmydata for the subsequent part of the install took my total install time for 7m to 3m, how fast did you have in mind?17:04
bdmurraylamont: no, I'll just try and fix it17:04
lamont0.192.4 had the file, 0.192.5 dropped the .html versions17:05
bdmurraylamont: the file is really missing http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/raring/main/dist-upgrader-all/current/17:05
* lamont finally notices that there is still an 'upgrade' button at the bottom of things17:05
lamontbdmurray: it is in fact17:06
* lamont actually went and verified it on the master17:06
smoserpsusi, well,it is much faster, yes. and that avoids many dpkg -i.17:07
smoserhowever, it still makes sense to use eatmydata for *all* dpkg during an install (squashfs just gets the "base image"), and then any additional packages are installed with dpkg.17:08
psusismoser: right.. I tested that and it dropped install time from 7m to 3m17:09
xnoxslangasek: why unionfs? =) we got overlayfs in nexus7 landing soon and heading upstream as well.17:09
psusiscaling up the squashfs to contain more of a typical virtual install instead of just required/important packages might be a way to improve on it too17:09
cjwatsonit's the minimum subset of all the possible things that that image can install17:10
cjwatsonor was last I checked17:10
psusicjwatson: right... it's just required/important packages, i.e. what debootstrap used to install17:10
cjwatsonI know what it is - my point is that it can't be expanded without suddenly having to teach other bits of d-i about how to *remove* packages17:11
psusibut you could add in more packages if you wanted to.. so maybe identify the set of packages that all cloud installs will want and throw them in too17:11
cjwatsonI started out with it larger and had to scale it back17:11
psusiohh, right.. adding packages means they basically aren't optional to install any more17:11
cjwatsonit could be expanded to standard if the server team decided to drop the minimal-virtual-machine install type17:11
cjwatson(I think I discussed this with the server team at the time)17:12
psusior if you choose to do that, then fall back to debootstrap instead?17:12
cjwatsoncan't, files aren't present17:12
psusiohh, wait.. the required and important packages have already been removed from the pool?17:13
cjwatsonfrom the CD image pool17:13
psusiahh... nice...17:13
cjwatsonalso the bootstrap-base udeb isn't present17:13
psusiwait.. what about a dual squashfs?  one with the base, and a second one with -standard?  then you just unpack the second one after the first, or not..17:14
cjwatsonif somebody can figure out how the heck to make it all work *shrug* - I think dropping the minimal vm install type is a much more rational use of time personally17:15
psusiI agree17:15
xnoxcjwatson: psusi: well there are server images with squashfs containing everything pre-installed what is needed to become an openstack node and it's in use in the jenkins lab for automatic bare-metal deployment of openstack clouds.17:16
xnoxsee qa talk from fosdem by james page.17:17
xnoxthere is ongoing work to open up this method and make it more generic and less speciliased on openstack-only.17:17
xnoxit's the fastpath installer work.17:17
smoserxnox, well, i'm not sure what jamepage said at fosdem.17:19
xnoxsmoser: =)))))17:19
smoserbut the fast path installer largely overlaps with much of what d-i does.17:20
smoserand doesn't use squashfs images.17:20
xnoxsmoser: it was so fluid and so well rehersed everyone believed anything he was saying ;-)17:20
psusixnox: it sounded to me like the current proposal for fastpath is to reinvent a whole new installer, rather than modify d-i... I'm just pointing out that maybe modifying d-i would be better and doable ( and some work has already been done )17:21
slangasekxnox: I'm using unionfs as a generic term here17:24
ogra_xnox, slangasek, dont forget that we have to deal with (possibly old) android kernels when aiming for union/overlayfs17:24
bosyihi. i have problem in 13.04. after awaking from sleep notebook gets slow. mouse pointer move like with delay.17:25
bosyiit's ok to ask here?17:25
ogra_nexus7 should be safe though, we use the same in the desktop and touch images17:25
xnoxslangasek: ack.17:26
ogra_but in general i think it will make porting for people problematic if we require huge kernel changes17:26
xnoxslangasek: ack.17:28
xnoxbosyi: no. #ubuntu+1 is a better channel.17:28
bosyixnox: thanks17:29
=== mhall119 is now known as mhall119|lunch
seb128xnox, cjwatson: hey, is there any known issue with the installer and username pre-seeding?17:44
cjwatsonThe only thing I've heard of that's related is bug 1155704, but I suspect that's a wider problem17:45
ubottubug 1155704 in Wubi "13.04 installer doesn't create user account" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115570417:45
seb128cjwatson, http://ubuntuone.com/6g6zED1AQpXiDFmAL6qJ0H17:45
xnoxseb128: not that I know of, but u1 plugin started to fail for me with today's images.17:45
seb128xnox, ^17:45
seb128the username in the error is "root"17:45
seb128where the entry has "jenkins"17:45
cjwatsonI certainly haven't changed anything near there in ages ...17:45
cjwatsonWould need to see logs I guess, ideally debug logs17:46
seb128could be a #qa issue17:46
seb128cjwatson, thanks, I'm asking the #qa guys to come here to discuss it directly17:47
seb128mmrazik is the one who got the screenshot17:47
seb128but he doesn't have access to the logs apparently17:48
seb128mmrazik, hey ;-)17:48
mmrazikcjwatson: let me fwd the screenshot17:48
cjwatsonscreenshots aren't logs :)17:48
seb128mmrazik, I shared the screenshot17:48
cjwatsonseb128 already posted the screenshot17:48
cjwatson17:46 <cjwatson> Would need to see logs I guess, ideally debug logs17:49
mmrazikcjwatson: what are logs? /var/log/syslog?17:49
mmrazikcjwatson: its going to be a bit difficult, though17:49
mmrazikas the machine has no networking AFAICS and is in Lex17:49
=== deryck is now known as deryck[lunch]
cjwatsonwell, /var/log/syslog at this stage actually17:51
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
=== Ursinha_ is now known as Ursinha
cjwatsonand /var/log/installer/debug17:51
mmraziknuclearbob: do you have access to any of those ^ ?17:51
cjwatsonfeel free to come up with a way to reproduce the problem that doesn't involve jenkins in a remote lab ...17:51
nuclearbobmmrazik: I can look at them over a kvm-over-ip and get screenshots, I'm trying to find a better way to get them on the machine17:51
nuclearbobI can try the same preseed on a bm17:52
slangasekhallyn: edk2 persistence issues> so step one is to figure out how to do a proper debugging build of ovmf, since I'm failing at that so far ;) any ideas?17:53
cjwatsonxnox: I'm still testing, but any opinions on http://paste.ubuntu.com/5625860/ and http://paste.ubuntu.com/5625861/ ?  It seems to have improved things for the ruby1.8 build, at least17:54
cjwatson(As in it actually detects Tcl/Tk now)17:54
mmraziknuclearbob, cjwatson: I'll have the logs in a minute17:55
hallynslangasek: no.  but i need to learn about the upstream source and package, so i'll look into that.17:56
cjwatsonwhoopsie dialog of the day: "Sorry, the application crash.jar has stopped unexpectedly"17:56
cjwatsonYa think17:56
mlankhorstit didn't crash in the way it should, perhaps?17:57
cjwatsonI think it's part of the apport testsuite17:57
evpoor whoopsie, always taking a bad rap for apport17:57
cjwatsonYeah, my bad, had the wrong package that pops up annoying dialogs :)17:57
evcjwatson: everyone conflates the two :)17:58
mmrazikcjwatson: /var/log/syslog: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5625877/17:58
tumbleweedbdrung: no17:58
mmrazikcjwatson: /var/log/installer/debug: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5625879/17:59
cjwatsonmmrazik: is it possible to start the machine with the 'debug-ubiquity' boot parameter?  things are a lot more informative that way17:59
mmraziknuclearbob: I actually don't know how to do that easily with utah, etc ^^^18:00
nuclearbobmmrazik: adding -b debug-ubiquity to the utah command line should do it, I can try that as well18:02
mmraziknuclearbob: thanks18:02
mmrazikI need to leave soon18:02
nuclearbobrecreating this on a VM doesn't seem to be working either, unfortunately and to nobody's surprise18:03
=== mhall119|lunch is now known as mhall119
xnoxcjwatson: looks correct. as long as nothing drops out of main, like with my first defaults upload ;-)18:21
cjwatsonAs in tcl-lib?  I think I avoided that trap18:21
infinityxnox: If at first you don't succeed?18:21
xnoxcjwatson: yeah. I think you did it all correctly.18:22
cjwatsonxnox: I might wait until tomorrow morning to upload it, since I'm getting pretty tired and prefer to be fresh before hitting enter on this kind of thing.  But I do seem to have managed to climb up to the point where ruby-ffi builds, which was the original point of this yak-shaving exercise.18:24
=== blitzkrieg3 is now known as jmleddy
jmleddycjwatson: hi there18:26
cjwatsonjmleddy: Finishing for the day as the above indicates.  Is it quick?18:27
slangasekcyphermox: hmm, what needs "solved" wrt polkit/consolekit on the tablet for NM?18:28
cyphermoxslangasek: err, I don't know?18:28
slangasekcyphermox: I ask because of the ongoing ck->logind migration discussion18:28
jmleddycjwatson: yeah, I was just wondering if you had an estimate for bug 96722918:28
ubottubug 967229 in plymouth (Ubuntu) "Text mode shown briefly with various "cryptic" texts when logging out or shutting down" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/96722918:28
slangasekcyphermox: oh; sergio just assigned a work item to you for it :)18:28
cjwatsonjmleddy: I thought that had been handed over to bdmurray18:29
cyphermoxcan you link?18:29
jmleddyslangasek: particularly the part about starting plymouth before lightdm stops18:29
cjwatsonIt came up a foundations meeting or two ago18:29
jmleddycjwatson: yes, I think he is working on it18:29
cjwatsonI haven't heard anything about progress18:29
cjwatsonbdmurray: ^- ?18:29
slangasekjmleddy: hrm, you aren't mixing up me and cjwatson, are you? :)18:30
jmleddyslangasek: oh, perhaps o_O18:30
* slangasek dyes his hair18:30
jmleddyslangasek: I though he jumped in18:30
cjwatsonHe's the talented one, I'm just ruggedly handsome18:30
bdmurrayslangasek's last idea did not improve the situation18:30
slangasekbdmurray: improved vs. what?18:31
* cjwatson goes to try to scavenge dinner, in a hunter-gatherer kind of way18:31
bdmurrayI still see messages when shutting down18:31
slangasekjmleddy indicated that clearing the VT before lightdm starts takes care of some of it18:31
jmleddybdmurray: slangasek: basically a manager asked me for a date when we would have a complete fix (ie, plymouth starts before lightdm stops)18:32
slangasekand clearing the VT /after/ lightdm starts will take care of more of it18:32
jmleddyhuh, I had success with turning the text color black and clearing the vt18:32
slangasekbdmurray: so from my POV, this is a per-se correct change to the lightdm job18:32
slangasekwell, turning the text color black is a workaround18:33
jmleddybut yeah even just doing a clear > /dev/tty7 fixed it for the startup text18:33
jmleddystill saw services shutting down though18:33
bdmurrayright, and that is what I still see18:33
slangasekbdmurray: so we do need to clear at boot, even though that doesn't solve the full problem for shutdown; can you drive that piece forward on lightdm?18:34
jmleddybdmurray: okay, that makes more sense18:34
slangasekfor shutdown, I think we need to change things so that the plymouth /daemon/ starts before lightdm stops, so that we get the console indirection in place, but that we only start the plymouth /splash/ after lightdm exits18:34
bdmurrayslangasek: right clearing on boot solves logout and log back in issues18:35
* slangasek nods18:35
jmleddyslangasek: how hard is that to change?18:35
slangasekjmleddy: it's easy to change, hard to get right18:35
slangasekthe ordering of all of this is fiddly and the architecture is not fully documented18:35
slangasekbut basically, the plymouth upstart jobs need to be split differently18:36
jmleddyI think as long as we're actively working on it I can hold off the OEMs18:36
bdmurrayI believe the ordering is the last thing we'd talked about and the change had no effect18:36
slangasekbdmurray: which change?18:36
jmleddybut ideally they'd like to have a target for when this will be fixed18:37
infinityI suppose there's a reason why the old "start the splash from the DM on shutdown" method that we used eons ago doesn't work?18:38
* infinity has always been a bit annoyed that this used to be a solved problem until it was all torn out.18:38
slangasekinfinity: you still have to stop the X server first18:38
infinityIs that actually true in a KMS world?  The kernel is perfectly happy with writing my oopses to the same FB as my X session.18:39
slangasekinfinity: the X server has to be stopped before you can start the plymouth splash.18:40
slangasekbecause only one process can own the VT at a time18:40
slangasekand it's important that the VT have an owner18:40
infinityWell, yes, I get what you're saying.  I'm arguing that if that's true, it may be a design/implementation issue with plymouth, not actual architectural fact.18:40
bdmurrayslangasek: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5626006/18:40
infinityAnyhow, that same limitation should have been true with gdm and usplash too.  How did my old splash-down crap handle it?18:41
infinityOh, I didn't use the same VT as X, I bet.18:41
infinitySo, I did a chvt, then splashed away.18:41
slangaseknow, this doesn't mean that X has to switch it into text mode when it exits, but in most cases it *is* important that X switch back to text mode, so implementing this correctly means changes to the X server and lightdm18:41
jmleddyinfinity: to me, that's the ideal solution, put the kernel console to a different vt18:42
slangasekswitching to a different VT still implies a race18:42
infinityjmleddy: This is what we used to do.  There's exactly one valid and cool argument not to, which is panics.18:42
slangasekit doesn't matter which VT you're on if that VT is in text mode (however briefly in theory) and things are writing to it18:43
jmleddyinfinity: yeah, that's what I was worried you would say ;)18:43
slangasekthe point is that we should *not* have services writing to the desktop's console on startup/shutdown except in the case of errors (panics)18:43
infinityslangasek: You bind your splash to a VT, then chvt to it.  In that order.18:43
infinityslangasek: But yes, we shouldn't have output in the first place, I agree.18:43
slangasekbdmurray: so given that didn't help, can you post a screenshot to the bug of what output you were still seeing?18:44
bdmurrayslangasek: sure18:45
bdmurrayslangasek: added18:58
=== deryck[lunch] is now known as deryck
slangasekbdmurray: thanks; that's more or less consistent with the remaining race condition I expected (although I don't know why acpid is talking to the console since it's an upstart job that doesn't have 'console' set), I think the next step is to think about changing /etc/init/rc.conf to no longer be 'console output'19:17
slangasekbdmurray: but I think we need to coordinate this with the server team to make sure we don't disrupt that case19:17
slangaseksmoser: what's the right answer for where init script and upstart job start/stop messages should be going on the server images (and cloud in particular)?19:18
smoserslangasek, i dont know what the right answer is.  cloud-init jobs writes with 'console output'.19:20
smoserbut even that is proxied through plymouth.19:20
slangaseksmoser: I'm not asking about the mechanism, I'm asking about where you want it to show up19:21
smoser /dev/console is right.19:21
smoserthe fact that that is busted in some cases is something that has to be fixed.19:21
smoserslangasek, do you have thoughts on a more appropriate place?19:22
smoser(other htan /dev/console)19:22
slangasekno, my opinion doesn't matter :19:22
slangasekthis is for the server team to decide where they want these messages to go19:22
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
loolcjwatson, pitti: Sorry, where/when is the techboard meeting?20:05
loolfridge suggests it's either now or was an hour ago on #ubuntu-meeting, but nothing there20:05
stgraberlool: in an hour in #ubuntu-meeting20:06
mdzmy calendar says now20:06
stgraberlool: the meeting time is 21:00 London time20:06
ogra_fridge too20:06
mdzbloody time zones20:06
mdzwho is chairing? I can't find the minutes and have a funny feeling that it's my turn20:07
stgrabermdz: hehe, I actually just went to the agenda to confirm myself as I wasn't sure with the DST change :)20:07
ogra_lol, then you picked a really bad one to chair20:07
stgrabermdz: you're chairing20:07
stgrabermdz: or so we said at the end of last meeting20:07
mdzwho chaired that meeting? they didn't send out minutes yet20:07
* ogra_ humms .... ".... rollin, rollin, rollin .... "20:08
cjwatsonMy calendar says now, but it's DST confusion month20:08
cjwatsonAn hour from now works better for me, but meh20:08
mdzI have a conflict but I think I can juggle it20:09
stgrabermdz: kees was the last chair20:09
stgrabercjwatson: I remember us deciding to pin it to whatever timezone London happens to be on, but I guess the fridge is still tied to some other random timezone...20:10
ogra_fridge says GMT at the bottom20:10
stgraberogra_: right, so that's wrong ;)20:10
mdzwhy is the meeting scheduled for so late in the day? seems odd given our composition20:11
cjwatsonWho the hell knows what calendars are going to do20:11
stgrabermdz: not sure, but I'm not particularly looking forward to going through the whole doodle mess again if we can avoid it ;)20:11
cjwatsonI think Keybuk had a problem with the earlier time when he was on the board20:12
cjwatsonAnyway, if we're doing it now I'd like it if we could start :)20:12
stgraberanyway, it'll move an hour earlier for all the US+Canada folks by next meeting as Europe will have its DST change by then too (that's assuming I'm not doing DST backwards, which I've been known to do on occasion, damn I hate that thing)20:12
mdzI've changed the Google calendar to schedule it for 2100 London time going forward20:13
mdzincluding today20:13
stgrabermdz: nice, thanks!20:13
sarnoldLondon Time isn't the same as UTC.20:13
cjwatsonI shall wander off for 45 mins then20:13
cjwatsonsarnold: We know20:13
sarnoldokay :)20:13
stgrabermdz: good to know you've got power over that Calendar. I always had to randomly poke people within Canonical until I find someone had access20:14
cjwatsonThat is the point20:14
sarnold(incidentally, having a UTC clock widget in our phone would be keen. :)20:14
mdzstgraber, I've always set it to "guests can modify"20:14
stgrabersarnold: we're using London as a UTC+DST so we don't need to re-schedule twice a year for DST20:14
stgrabermdz: ah, cool, was I a guest? I can't remember seeing an invite for it until just about now when you changed it :)20:14
sarnoldstgraber: aha :)20:14
loolyou guys should rather have it at 2200 Paris time, it would feel less rainy20:15
mdzstgraber, you were already a guest when I looked at it today20:17
stgraberI don't know what's that whole thing about London and rain, I can't recall ever seeing any rain over there! (yeah, I've been there THOSE two weeks)20:17
stgrabermdz: hmm, okay20:17
mdzyou should have an "edit event" link when you look at it20:17
mdz(as opposed to "more details")20:17
loolcjwatson: bzr branch lp:ubuntu-cdimage: bzr: ERROR: No such file: 'buildlive-20130315144326-j37epwgp79kvsxht-1'20:18
stgrabermdz: ah, I know why, I think Google can't cope with the fact that my @ubuntu.com isn't hosted on gmail20:18
loolbzrin surgery needed20:19
mdzstgraber, ah, yes20:19
mdzit only works if your address is associated with a gmail or google apps account20:19
mdzstgraber, let me know if you have another address I should add20:19
loolstgraber: ah so you had snow I guess?  ;-)20:20
brycebtw I posted an mre proposal for xserver to the tb list; it's in the moderation queue20:21
stgraberlool: I wish ;) it was just grey and cold though I vaguely remember being there one day where we could actually see the sun ;)20:21
slangasekawe_: ping20:29
awe_slangasek, pong20:47
slangasekawe_: hey, so cyphermox tells me NM (or rather, consolekit) isn't happy on the phablet snapshots, and that there's some different plan for dealing with this on Mir20:53
slangasekawe_: I'd like to make sure we're on the same page regarding what that "different plan" is, given that we have a migration from ck to logind in flight20:54
awe_you are correct sir20:54
slangasekand logind is *not* tied to X, and I was expecting we would be converging around logind20:54
awe_we disabled polkit & session tracking due to the lack of X20:54
awe_was a bit of a short-cut20:54
awe_slangasek, ricmm has an action item on the Mir blueprint, but I left an item for cyphermox to coordindate with the Mir team20:55
slangasekricmm: ping20:55
cjwatsonlool: hmph20:56
awe_slangasek, I think their plan involved logind too.  ;)-20:56
cjwatsonI might repush - had a stacking problem earlier20:57
slangasekawe_: I hope so, but want to confirm ;)20:57
awe_no prob20:57
awe_slangasek, we need to schedule a power mgmt session later this week.  Who on your team should invite?21:00
slangasekawe_: "power mgmt" being rather broad, can you be more specific?  there isn't currently anybody on Foundations assigned to power mgmt, unless they've been taking WIs on the side that I haven't seen yet ;)21:01
awe_power mgmt plumbing on ubuntu touch21:01
awe_( or lack thereof )21:01
slangasekawe_: in practice, I think pitti is the domain expert on our PM stack21:02
slangasekawe_: we can certainly participate, but I think you'll find it's more important to have pitti there21:02
awe_if you think of someone else you'd like to be involved, let me know.  Will probably shoot for Wed/Thur21:03
ricmmslangasek: pong21:05
cjwatsonlool: try again now21:06
slangasekricmm: hi, question came up regarding NM session management and the future of consolekit wrt Mir21:06
slangasekricmm: it's been implied that there will be "a solution" for session management in Mir, and I want to make sure it's aligned with the work we're doing to replace ck with logind21:07
ricmmslangasek: right, we did take a shortcut before demo by disabling session tracking, pk and ck21:07
ricmmI have a WI to bring a discussion forward about the convergence of Mir+lightdm to plug the holes in ubuntu-touch21:08
ricmmI didnt think of it in terms of CK -> logind at the time but it can be all part of the same21:08
ricmmwe can either leave mine or your action item and just do a bigger discussion with tvoss and others21:08
ogra_awe_, slangasek, i'm not volunteering for WIs, but have some experience with cpufreq governor stuff on arm, so i'l like to attend ...21:08
loolcjwatson: woot!  thanks21:09
slangasekricmm: well, we are getting rid of ck and replacing it with logind; this solves the X dependency problem; so anything further that's needed for Mir should be limited to logind integration21:09
cjwatsonlool: Great.  Things can get a bit confusing if you switch the development focus branch around in an incautious order21:09
slangasekricmm: as long as we're on the same page, I don't think I need to be directly involved - I just wanted to make sure nobody was thinking in terms of NIHing something else21:09
awe_ogra_, ack21:10
ricmmslangasek: ok, I'll track this from the Mir side of things then21:10
slangasekogra_: +121:10
slangasekricmm: perfect, thanks21:10
awe_ogra_, do you remember who it was that did the analysis of the power code in gsd recently?  Was it seb?21:10
ogra_awe_, i dont remember exactly, but i think jibel did some stuff there21:11
awe_alright, I'll ping seb in the morning.21:11
xnoxawe_: there was seb, gemma, plars and pitti doing extensive power measurement & hacking at the n7-squeeze-it-down sprint week.21:14
awe_thanks xnox!21:15
margaI'm trying to debug a crash in gnome-screensaver.  I have the debug package and I have the core dump, but I my bt is still just ??... is there anything I can do to get more info>21:15
xnoxawe_: then based on their graphs there was a clear indication what to target, which the rest of us did.21:15
=== Ursinha_ is now known as Ursinha
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
awe_xnox, fyi, this conversation is more of an architecture discussion focused on Ubuntu Touch, than measurement/targets ( which are important too ).21:17
xnoxawe_: i was just observing =) but together they should be able to answer anything top->down and bottom -> up.21:18
ogra_and i guess much of the data isnt relevant21:18
ogra_since it was measuring desktop setups only21:18
ogra_and apps there speccifically21:18
awe_xnox, sure... I think most of them are on my short list, but appreciated21:19
xnoxogra_: yeah, android kernel has special hooks to measure on per app basis, which mainline does not....21:19
ogra_well, and a totally different userspace21:19
* xnox is educated more about android kernels after recent lwn.net article about "what's the delta between android and mainline today"21:19
lindi-marga: check /proc/$pid/maps to see which ELF file is mapped to the address where you see just ??21:23
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
margalindi-, this crash report was not created in my machine... Which pid would that be?21:24
lindi-marga: ah, and you can't reproduce the crash?21:24
margaNot likely... It's a gnome-screensaver crash that is triggered randomly after some amount of inactivity21:25
lindi-marga: I'm bit unfamiliar with ubuntu crash report but there should be ProcMaps.txt?21:25
geofftmarga, have you played with apport-retrace?21:26
margageofft, retrace complains that the crash doesn't include a Package.21:26
margalindi-, yes, I do have ProcMaps21:26
geofftyou could try faking that file. :) but hmm, I'm surprised by that if it's actually in gnome-screensaver21:27
lindi-marga: each line in ProcMaps has an address range, now just find out which file was mapped to that mysterious address where you only got "??" in the backtrace21:28
lindi-marga: might be easier to explain if I'd have some concrete example at hand21:29
margaok, I think I found it.  It's a file in dconf-gsettings-backend.  Will install that debug deb and see if I get real info. Thanks21:29
margaNo, still ?? :(21:30
margaThe address is: 0x00007f45bc27415c. ProcMap says 7f45bc270000-7f45bc277000 is mapped to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so21:31
geofftIf you want entirely too much info, you can run objdump -d on that file (pipe to less, probably)21:33
geofftand look at offset 0x415c within it21:33
geoffton my quantal machine it's in g_io_module_query21:33
geofftright after a call to g_queue_is_empty and a conditional jump21:34
geofftwhich should be enough to find it in the source, if you're inclined.21:34
margaOk, this is precise so it's probably something else, but I'll take a look, thanks.21:37
lindi-marga: if you think you have found the right place you can verify it by running "x/16i $rip" or similar in gdb and then compare the disassembly21:40
margaSorry, I really don't know what you are talking about now.21:41
lindi-marga: the core dump has a copy of the memory. objdump -d shows what is on the disk. it's a good idea to verify that they match: there could be some memory corruption at play as well21:42
margabut what's x/16i and what's $rip ?21:42
lindi-marga: x/16i is a gdb command that shows up to 16 instructions from the address that you give to it. $rip points to the current instruction on amd6421:43
lindi-these are bit cryptic I admit, there's a "disassemble" command but it only works for functions I think21:44
marga=> 0x7f45bc27415c:Cannot access memory at address 0x7f45bc27415c21:46
margaThat's why I get ??, I guess21:46
lindi-marga: well, according to maps that should be mapped but maybe this is some apport thing I don't know about...21:46
margaYeah, I should probably do this with apport-retrace and not with gdb21:47
margabut apport-retrace doesn't like that the package is missing :(21:48
margaoh, I tricked it!21:49
stokachudoko: ping22:04
bdrungtumbleweed: no = you are fine with adding a copy of devscripts.logger to ubuntu-dev-tools?22:06
dokostokachu, ?22:06
bdrungtumbleweed: can you have a look at the bug in the testcase when building on experimental: http://paste.debian.net/242561/22:07
stokachudoko: question about bug 778627 update comment #27, im not quite sure what kind of test i should write for validating "22:07
stokachuA set of heuristics that reduce the number of times special characters22:07
ubottubug 778627 in bash (Ubuntu Precise) "In natty, bash completion now quotes shell variable references rather than expanding them" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77862722:07
stokachu        such as `$' are quoted when the directory name is not expanded.22:07
stokachudoko: do you have any recommendations?22:07
stokachuonly thing ive come up with is testing to make sure if multiple shell variables are used in readline that none of them are escaped22:08
xnoxstokachu: the description on the bug as it is now, is suffiently good for me to sponsor/upload this SRU.22:09
stokachuxnox: cool i was just making sure i covered all your test cases22:10
stokachuxnox: do you want me to subscribe the relevant teams or will you handle it now?22:10
tumbleweedbdrung: no, as in no objection22:10
xnoxstokachu: the idea is that people who complain/notice this broken new bash, can be pointed to the bug description and they get sufficient information about what has changed, what are the symptoms, what needs configuring / changing to enable previous behaviour.22:10
bdrungtumbleweed: okay. then i will go ahead and do it.22:11
stokachuxnox: gotcha22:11
bdrungtumbleweed: do you have an idea why the testcase fails on experimental? the timeout doesn't work correctly.22:11
tumbleweedbdrung: what do you mean by "on experimental" ?22:15
stokachuxnox: i went ahead and subscribed sponsors team22:15
stokachuxnox: lemme know if you need anything else from me22:15
bdrungtumbleweed: debian experimental22:15
tumbleweedbdrung: but building for experimental is the same as sid, unless yuo have dependencies that can't be met in sid22:15
bdrungtumbleweed: we need python3-file from experimental22:16
tumbleweedbdrung: master doesn't. what branch is this?22:17
dokostokachu, xnox, I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask for a SRU-compatible testcase ...22:17
bdrungtumbleweed: master + http://paste.debian.net/242685/ OR devscripts from raring22:18
tumbleweedah. looks...22:19
bdrungtumbleweed: and we have an unrelated test failure on raring: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/134570548/buildlog_ubuntu-raring-amd64.devscripts_2.13.1~daily%2Bbzr2631~raring1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz22:20
stokachudoko: no worries i think its sorted22:23
tumbleweedbdrung: builds for me, with that patch22:25
tumbleweedbdrung: also. that doesn't actually look like a timeout. but rather a syntax error, from using u'strings' with python < 3.322:27
cody-somervilleI just tried to install today's daily for amd64 and it crashed and burned horribly. network-manager segfaulted in some dhcp related function when I tried to connect to wireless network which caused install to abort and launch session. I plugged in ethernet port to send in bug report but nm was unable to bring up the network on ethernet port either. I also got segfaults in gsetting-daemons. Also not sure if I caused this when I22:28
cody-somerville was trying to bring the network back up but the system-wide dbus daemon crashed which made it difficult to communicate with upstart to bring up/down services. Anyhow, is nm issue a known issue?22:28
bdrungtumbleweed: strange. now it builds on experimental.22:28
bdrungtumbleweed: now only https://launchpadlibrarian.net/134570548/buildlog_ubuntu-raring-amd64.devscripts_2.13.1~daily%2Bbzr2631~raring1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz needs to be fixed22:30
slangasekcody-somerville: first I've heard of it.  Maybe you're looking at a hardware problem?22:31
tumbleweedbdrung: scripts/devscripts/control.py:68 doesn't match the exception in your earlier paste22:31
tumbleweedthe u was removed22:31
bdrungright. i removed that u after i found an older python3-port.patch on my system22:32
cody-somervilleslangasek: Do you know if there is a way to get apport to save reports to disk and then be able to submit it once I boot back into 12.10?22:32
slangasekcody-somerville: if it's a crash, it gets written to disk under /var/crash already; you'd just need to copy them over22:33
tumbleweedbdrung: whitelist Popen in the pylint config22:34
* tumbleweed -> bed22:34
bdrungtumbleweed: thanks. will do that.22:35
cody-somervilleAlso, I found that there is a significant (and rather annoying) delay in the hover-over label displaying for items in the dash compared to 12.10 (which displays them immediately). Is this intentional?22:39
* cody-somerville is going to collect those crash reports.22:41
xnoxdoko: i guess stokachu involved you in the conversation because you are bash maintainer =)22:46
robert_ancellbdmurray, was that lightdm MP for packaging or trunk? You've merged it against trunk but it's about 500 revisions behind23:20
robert_ancellbdmurray, https://code.launchpad.net/~brian-murray/lightdm/bug-967229/+merge/15395323:20
bdmurrayrobert_ancell: ah, for packaging23:23
=== wedgwood is now known as wedgwood_away
bdrungxnox: all devscripts issues resolved. i am waiting for an updated patch for debian bug #70332323:46
ubottuDebian bug 703323 in devscripts "devscripts: [wrap-and-sort] add trailing comma" [Wishlist,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/70332323:46

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!