=== thomi|lunch is now known as thomi
=== slangase` is now known as slangasek
=== jono is now known as Guest90083
didrocksMirv: hey, how are you?06:09
duflusmspillaz: I am calling the new dev series 0.9.10 unless you want to change the theme...06:11
Mirvdidrocks: hello, fine, just "jetlagged" from the daylight saving time switch..06:16
=== tvoss|easter is now known as tvoss
didrocksMirv: :) I started qtcreator this morning to follow http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/app-developer-cookbook/mobile/currency-converter-phone-app/06:18
didrocksMirv: rather jasoncwarner poked me about it :)06:18
didrocksMirv: I don't have "Qt Quick UI" in the new project dialog06:18
didrocksonly Qt Quick 1 UI06:18
didrocksany idea what I'm mising?06:18
Mirvdidrocks: possibly some Quick 2 dependencies like qtdeclarative5-dev qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin. only ubuntu-sdk depends on everything needed, so as not to pull everything for qtcreator installers who want mainly Qt 4 development06:22
didrocksMirv: I installed ubuntu-sdk though?06:22
didrocksMirv: both of those are installed for me06:23
didrocksqtdeclarative5-dev qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin06:23
didrocksMirv: any other idea? way to debug this :)06:23
Mirvdidrocks: ok if you have ubuntu-sdk, then it's not about packages. it might be about Qt Creator old configuration and/or concurrent installation of qt4-qmake - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtcreator/+bug/113533606:23
ubot5Launchpad bug 1135336 in qtcreator (Ubuntu) "Qt Creator misconfigures itself if qt4-qmake is installed or if the whole ubuntu-sdk isn't installed before the first run" [Undecided,Confirmed]06:23
Mirvso one needs to either configure Qt Creator to have it note the Qt5 if it didn't do that automatically, or reset the configuration06:24
didrocksMirv: ok, I have qt4-qmake installed, how can I reset my configuration?06:25
Mirvdidrocks: if you want to keep qt4-qmake installed, resetting does not help (Qt Creator will autoconfigure itself again to Qt4-only) but you need to configure Qt Creator manually06:25
Mirvdidrocks: to reset, see the "Automatically fixing Qt Creator settings by resetting configuration" in bug report06:26
Mirvto keep qt4-qmake and add Qt5 configuration, see the manual route06:26
didrocksMirv: I don't really calls this rm automatic but well :-)06:27
didrocksMirv: indeed, I have it now, any ETA once you will get something to fix it?06:27
dufludidrocks: May I make "0.9.10" the active dev series for lp:compiz?06:27
didrocksduflu: sounds good to me06:27
Mirvdidrocks: it's automatic in the sense of not going into configuration dialogs of Qt Creator. the problem seems complex, and upstream seems to lack proper reconfiguration of itself in case system changes.06:28
didrocksMirv: any way we can workaround it?06:29
Mirvthe Qt4 preference could be maybe fixed, though06:29
dufludidrocks: I don't have permission :(06:29
didrocksduflu: sam should I guess?06:30
didrocksMirv: ok, so now I have the same issue than jason…06:30
Mirvdidrocks: I've one idea of trying to find how the upstream detects /usr/bin/qmake-qt4 and make it prefer whatever is symlinked at /usr/bin/qmake. it'd only affect first runs however.06:30
didrocksMirv: Starting /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmlscene /home/didrocks/CurrencyConverter/CurrencyConverter.qml06:30
dufludidrocks: No it's pspmteam06:30
didrocksQQmlComponent: Component is not ready06:30
didrocksMirv: so my error? Following the tutorial, it's exactly what Jason is getting as well. Any idea?06:32
Mirvdidrocks: I haven't heard about that problem, CurrencyConverter seems to continue starting for me06:32
didrocksMirv: we both have only distro and not the ppa06:32
Mirvand I have only distro packages06:32
duflummrazik, didrocks, Mirv: Could one of you please change the "Development focus" to "0.9.10"? https://launchpad.net/compiz06:33
mmrazikduflu: ack06:33
didrocksMirv: seems there is a package missing then, if at least 2 persons can reproduce it, do you want a bug report?06:33
mmrazikduflu: done06:33
duflummrazik: Thanks06:34
Mirvdidrocks: yes, although I'm not sure against which project if it's now the new ubuntu-sdk that may be giving problems06:34
dufluLots of people have permission, but I don't :)06:34
Mirvdidrocks: the new ubuntu-sdk meta package is also missing the ubuntu plugin, and I should contact loic about it06:34
Mirvdidrocks: if you come up with a package to file the bug against, please tell me so that I can also file bugs..06:35
didrocksMirv: I can help debugging, but I think it's something you should track06:35
Mirvubuntu-touch-meta I think?06:36
didrocksMirv: just tell me what I should do to get more info for you06:36
didrocksMirv: as basically, on relatively fresh install, following the tutorial doesn't work06:36
didrocksMirv: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/115824606:40
ubot5Launchpad bug 1158246 in Ubuntu UI Toolkit "Tutorial code needs to be updated to use the latest UITK version" [High,Confirmed]06:40
MirvI'm trying to ask some SDK people if they've an understanding of the problem. weird that I don't have even the warning showing up.06:44
Mirvit seems at least clear that David would need to update the tutorial06:46
Mirvdidrocks: it's probable that there are no missing dependencies, though. I compared the new ubuntu-sdk to the old and it seems good enough.06:46
didrocksMirv: can we ensure in the future that the sdk team is working with David to update the tutorial when they change their API?06:49
Mirvdidrocks: yes, API changes are already something that needs to be carefully handled from now on. I'll mention this again to bzoltan.06:52
didrocksMirv: thanks06:53
didrocksMirv: you will tell dpm to make the update?06:53
didrocksMirv: also, we need more integration tests I guess06:53
Mirvdidrocks: pinging him as well06:54
didrocksMirv: thanks a lot, keep me posted on the qt4-qmake stuff :)06:54
Mirvdidrocks: ok06:54
didrocksduflu: FYI: https://code.launchpad.net/~vanvugt/compiz/back-to-raring/+merge/156459/comments/34222007:17
dufludidrocks: I kept the 0.9.9 branch as the target because all later branches need a common ancestor that can be found for merging07:19
dufluWould just adding to the changelog be enough?07:19
didrocksduflu: yeah, so dch -i (keep UNRELEASED)07:20
didrocksduflu: and add the marker line with the last common rev07:20
dufludidrocks: What is "the marker line" ?07:24
didrocksduflu: "Automatic snapshot from revision xxx"07:25
dufluOh comment07:26
didrocksduflu: it's what you need to put in the new changelog07:26
dufludidrocks: Yep. And version still "daily" ?07:26
didrocksduflu: yeah, don't care about the version, just let what dch -i has set07:30
didrocks(check you do have UNRELEASED preferably)07:30
didrocksduflu: no07:32
didrocksduflu: yo ureally need to write the Marker in changelog07:32
didrocksso instead of: The last common revision was r362907:32
didrocksyou need to set * Automatic snapshot from revision 362907:33
didrocksduflu: as the workflow is screwed anyway, we'll probably get some bugs listed twice in the changelog in the end, but oh well…07:33
SaviqCimi, come here, btw07:40
SaviqCimi, one good thing happened - we're building for raring, too ;)07:40
CimiSaviq, ok07:40
tsdgeosso we won against CI in the phablet-mods-cherrypick at last :D07:41
Cimitsdgeos, Albert, did you manage to upgrade to raring with unity?07:44
tsdgeosCimi: sure07:44
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|afk
Cimitsdgeos, do-release-upgrade -d?07:45
Saviqhey tsdgeos07:45
tsdgeosCimi: i did a plain s/quantal/raring in my /etc/apt/07:45
tsdgeosSaviq: hi07:45
Cimitsdgeos, I heard the world will collide on that07:46
tsdgeosit worked for me (TM)07:46
Cimitsdgeos, (I'm scared of out dozens of PPAs)07:46
tsdgeosCimi: ah, well, i only have the autopilot one, the phablet-tools one and the phablet-desktop one07:47
dufludidrocks: Done. Maybe. I think....07:48
Cimiguys here will break unity07:48
CimiI will upgrade, uninstalling maybe unity and X07:48
Cimiwill be back asap!07:49
didrocksduflu: good!07:50
dufluArgh, not enough whitespace07:50
dufluDo we care?07:50
didrocksduflu: no, that's fine07:51
didrocksyou will maybe get a double [ Daniel…]07:51
didrocksthat's all07:51
didrocksin the changelog automated generation07:51
didrocks(you didn't need to add it btw)07:51
didrocksjust as I told:07:51
didrocksdch -i07:51
didrocks-> edit to add the marker line07:51
didrockswas enough07:51
didrocksno need to bump the changelog or anything ;)07:51
dufluIt was confusing. Because you were asking me to create incorrect information (wrong date)07:52
mmrazikdidrocks: should we have libindicate in head/indicators.cfg? And what about the daily release? (I'm just doing some cleanup of jobs that were not yet migrated to cupstream2distro-config)07:53
didrocksmmrazik: libindicate is deprecated07:54
didrocksmmrazik: so better to leave it die07:54
didrocksduflu: ?07:54
didrocksduflu: you don't care about the date07:54
didrocksduflu: it's bumped when doing a daily release07:54
mmrazikdidrocks: do you mind if I create a "deprecated" release then?07:54
dufludidrocks: I always care about accuracy. And I don't yet understand how/what is automated...07:54
mmraziki.e. it would live in stacks/deprecated/indicators.cfg07:54
dufluIf anything else needs fixing, let me know07:54
didrocksduflu: well, if you were accurate, then /raring would become 0.9.9 as we shipped it as it07:55
didrocksmmrazik: I don't really like it as there is no commit since 2012-09-07, what would that be used for?07:55
didrocksmmrazik: I prefer we avoid too many "releases" view07:56
mmrazikdidrocks: to generate the "new-style" autolanding jobs instead of maintaining the "old style" (aka non based on cupstream2distro-config)07:56
didrocksmmrazik: don't autoland it anymore07:56
mmrazikdidrocks: ok07:56
didrocksmmrazik: if something is committed to it, it's an error, so better to detect it that way :)07:56
mmrazikdidrocks: regarding too many release views -- you probably won't like this then: https://code.launchpad.net/~mrazik/cupstream2distro-config/community/+merge/15647907:59
mmrazikthe issue is that we already accidentally deployed the jobs on the wrong jenkins08:00
didrocksmmrazik: urgh, yeah, let's keep all that in head08:00
mmrazikdidrocks: its in phablet/ right now08:00
mmrazikdidrocks: in that case I'll just move it to a different branch TBH08:00
didrocksmmrazik: we are going to remove phablet in the end08:00
didrocksmmrazik: everything in head08:00
didrocksonce bootstrap08:00
didrockswith stack names08:01
didrocksmmrazik: so if it's only transitory, fine by me, we should just coordinate when moving one project after another08:01
mmrazikdidrocks: its not really transitory. the config as such is most likely here to stay. But the autolanding/ci jobs are running on different jenkins08:01
mmrazikso they are a bit different08:02
didrocksmmrazik: will we be able to move them to a head/<stack>?08:02
mmrazikdidrocks: we can add something to the yaml file so the deployment tool is a bit more intelligent and knows where to deploy08:02
didrocks(stack will probably not be a one to one mapping as waiting for sergio on giving feedback here)08:02
didrocksmmrazik: yeah, I think this will be needed08:02
mmrazikdidrocks: ok. then let me reject that MP08:02
didrocksthanks mmrazik :)08:03
didrocksmmrazik: oh, btw, today I'm working with francis to just have one autopilot jenkins job08:03
didrocksI've done the prepatory job on my side to pass everything in a parameter08:03
mmrazikdidrocks: yup. I've seen the MP yesterday08:03
mmrazikdidrocks: thanks for doing it. It was on my TODO but not too high :-/08:04
didrocksmmrazik: no worry, it's kind of needed for me now that we have release/ and head/ anyway ;)08:04
didrocksso that we don't double the number of jobs08:04
=== alan_g|afk is now known as alan_g
tsdgeosSaviq: do you specially want boiko's review in https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.rename-phone-icon/+merge/155944 ? Or can i just go ahead and approve it08:11
Saviqtsdgeos, go on08:11
tsdgeosSaviq: so what's the plan in the lisview serach crash, are we reporting a Qt bug upstream?08:15
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah, we need to dig in, unless we can find a simple way to reproduce08:15
Saviqwould be best to fix, of course ;)08:16
Saviqtsdgeos, do you remember if that crash was similar to what we had before the Carousel?08:16
Saviqtsdgeos, IIRC it was08:17
tsdgeossimilar in nature yes, don't really remember the backtrace to be honest08:17
tsdgeosdo you guy know how to get "x86_64-linux-gnu"? i.e. the part that gets appended to /usr/lib/ when installing [some] libs?08:28
tsdgeosget from a bash script that is08:29
Saviqtsdgeos, https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.fix-hud-build/+merge/15648608:34
tsdgeosah that :D08:34
tsdgeosSaviq: i just approved https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity/phablet_hud_build/+merge/156402 you'll probably have to "rebase" into it08:35
tsdgeosi think it's too late to stop autolanding08:35
* tsdgeos checks08:35
didrockstvoss: did you see that?  http://kentonv.github.com/capnproto/08:35
tvossdidrocks, nope, reading into it, thanks for pointint out08:36
Saviqtsdgeos, let's supersede dandrader's08:36
Saviqtsdgeos, I've stopped autolanding for it08:38
tsdgeosSaviq: fwiw this still won't make ./run work08:40
Saviqtsdgeos, huh?08:40
Saviqtsdgeos, does, here08:40
tsdgeosneed to find out how to make this better08:40
tsdgeosSaviq: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5669827/ i need this08:40
tsdgeoslet me try again08:41
Saviqactually let me try08:41
tsdgeosSaviq: make sure you kill your uity_build stuff08:41
tsdgeoshud is installing into "new paths"08:41
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah, need to drop the  prefix08:41
tsdgeosso you may be using the old one08:41
Saviqtsdgeos, some of it might be not needed post https://code.launchpad.net/~pete-woods/hud/cmake-cleanup/+merge/15648808:42
tsdgeosSaviq: you mean my lib-paths or some of your changes?08:42
Saviqtsdgeos, mine08:42
Saviqtsdgeos, yours shouldn't be needed08:43
dufludidrocks: Hmm, no autolanding since it's not lp:compiz any more? :)08:43
tsdgeosSaviq: but i need them :D08:43
Saviqtsdgeos, sure, but they should not be needed ;)08:43
tsdgeosSaviq: why you say they shouldn't?08:43
didrocksduflu: oh, right, as we changed the branch, we need to change the stack configuration file08:43
Saviqtsdgeos, local install shouldn't install in multiarch08:43
didrocksduflu: normally, you should coordinate that with mterry though, let me do it for this time…08:43
Saviqtsdgeos, I _think_08:44
tsdgeosSaviq: the only thing the local_install thing does in hud does afaik is install some gconf files to the local dir instead of always trying to put them in /usr08:45
tsdgeosdon't see why local_install should disable multiarch08:45
tsdgeosi mean you could still have two archs in your local path, no?08:46
didrocksmmrazik: rev 135, (for the raring release)08:48
didrocksduflu: ^08:48
dufludidrocks: OK, thanks08:49
Saviqtsdgeos, pushed a fix08:51
Saviqtsdgeos, should be fine now08:51
tsdgeosgoodie :-)08:51
mmrazikdidrocks, duflu: can the autolanding jobs wait for couple of hours (for fginther)?08:52
mmrazikdidrocks: the unity stack is (I believe) not yet on cupstream2distro-config08:52
mmrazikbut it looks like fginther already did some work there08:52
didrocksmmrazik: fine with me08:52
duflummrazik: Yep08:52
mmrazikok. I'll drop an e-mail to fginther so its not forgotten08:53
didrocksduflu: the 0.9.9 branch is safe for raring, right?08:53
didrocksduflu: we can land that without any fear08:53
dufludidrocks: After my proposal it is identical to lp:compiz/raring (plus changelog additions)08:53
dufluNot sure about before08:53
didrocksduflu: hum, so you mean, we shouldn't use it for raring?08:54
didrocksduflu: I understood you wanted us to use it08:54
dufludidrocks: Sorry, yes. Both are raring-friendly08:54
didrocksand that you tested it08:54
didrocksduflu: ah ok, so we are switching on that one08:54
dufludidrocks: I only diff'd it to make sure there's no diff08:54
didrocksok :)08:54
didrocksthanks duflu08:54
didrocksTrevinho: hey, did you fix the FTBFS due to the bamf tests vs new glib?08:55
didrocksTrevinho: I don't see it in the vcs08:55
didrocksTrevinho: also, I guess cyphermox asked you to add an entry to the vcs for rev 52508:56
Saviqtsdgeos, pushed another tweak to take https://code.launchpad.net/~pete-woods/hud/cmake-cleanup/+merge/156488 into account (will review that hud change, unless you want to take over?)08:57
tsdgeosSaviq: i can take it and approve both at the same time if you want09:00
Saviqtsdgeos, sure, works for me09:00
Saviqtsdgeos, pushed a change to rm -Rf $BUILD_DIR if --clean is passed to unity_buld09:06
Saviqtsdgeos, aaand... two more commits (init CLEAN to false and add -c/--clean to ./build, too)09:10
Saviqtsdgeos, sorry :)09:11
Saviqtsdgeos, that should be the last of it09:11
tsdgeosSaviq: "initialize CLEAN to false in clean_unity" is a typo and you meant build_unity, no?09:12
Saviqtsdgeos, yes09:12
tsdgeosSaviq: do we really need two different bzr clean-tree calls?09:16
Saviqtsdgeos, unfortunately, yes09:16
Saviqtsdgeos, let me verify09:16
Saviqtsdgeos, yes09:16
Saviqtsdgeos, --ignored deletes _only_ ignored09:16
tsdgeosi see09:16
Saviqah wahy09:17
Saviq--unknown --ignored09:17
Saviqtsdgeos, will fix09:17
tsdgeosmzanetti: you there?09:19
Saviqtsdgeos, he's off until the 4th09:20
Saviqtsdgeos, fixed09:20
tsdgeosSaviq: i'm approving https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.add-coding-import-path/+merge/155259 i guess kgunn forgot to top approve?09:50
Saviqtsdgeos, or didn't feel powerful enough ;)09:50
kgunntsdgeos: Saviq ...you mean i can approve stuff ...watch out ;)10:00
Saviqkgunn, jeez man, don't you sleep?10:01
kgunnSaviq: like an old man...early :)10:01
tsdgeosSaviq: where do i get Unity.Notifications for https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.notification-interface-tests/+merge/155914 ?10:05
tsdgeosor is this just a "mockup" MR?10:05
Saviqtsdgeos, isn't the description... descriptive... enough?10:06
Saviqtsdgeos, generally we want to try this approach where we (shell UI) write tests like that10:06
Saviqtsdgeos, that fail initially, that will drive the shell-facing Unity APIs10:07
Saviqtsdgeos, i.e. a merge of Unity APIs for Notifications needs to make those tests pass10:07
tsdgeosSaviq: who reads descriptions nowadays....10:08
tsdgeosSaviq: then i think we should be running them10:08
Saviqtsdgeos, ;)10:08
tsdgeosbut using the fail keyword10:08
tsdgeosso that when they actually pass they fail and we have to turn the test on10:08
tsdgeosnot sure if that last sentence made any sense10:09
tsdgeosit made inside my head10:09
Saviqtsdgeos, kind of did10:09
Saviqtsdgeos, we can do that under qmltestrunner?10:09
tsdgeosi'm hoping10:10
tsdgeoslet me check10:10
tsdgeosSaviq: yep10:11
tsdgeosexpectFail as in the QtTest C++ side10:11
tsdgeosexpectFailContinue is probably what we want10:11
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah, but we can't even load that QML yet10:13
tsdgeosah right10:13
Saviqtsdgeos, 'cause of missing imports10:13
tsdgeoslet's just not forget to turn the tests on later :D10:14
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah, part of the actual implementation MP :)10:14
Saviqpaulliu1, you around?10:43
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
paulliu1Saviq: yeah.11:38
=== paulliu1 is now known as paulliu
=== jhodapp|afk is now known as jhodapp
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
didrocksfginther: hey, once you are around! :)12:12
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|lunch
=== ZarroBoogs is now known as Pici
=== _salem is now known as salem_
=== alan_g|lunch is now known as alan_g
MacSlowIs it possible to only select a sub-range of a model to be passed to a ListView/Repeater etc?13:08
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|reboot
didrockshey davidcalle!13:22
davidcalledidrocks, hey :)13:23
didrocksdavidcalle: small question: what is blocking the publishing to the certified ppa is that we don't have one project for each scope13:25
didrocksdavidcalle: do you know when you will create them?13:25
davidcalledidrocks, hmm. I should have time for that between tonight and tomorrow (catching up on my other job backlog this week)13:27
didrocksdavidcalle: tracking list: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cupstream2distro-maintainers/cupstream2distro-config/trunk/view/head:/stacks/experimental/100scopes.cfg13:27
didrocksdavidcalle: thanks!13:27
davidcalledidrocks, np ;)13:27
didrocksdavidcalle: not sure if we can screenscrap with the 2 factors auth to batch the creation easily13:28
davidcalledidrocks, the client side list is still quite small, I'll do it manually.13:29
didrocksdavidcalle: ok ;)13:29
Saviqdandrader, standup?13:32
dandraderSaviq, ah yeah sorry!13:33
Saviqdandrader, that's fine13:33
dandraderSaviq, damn. resinstalled  my machine yesterday (now on 13.04). I still have still mumble though :(13:34
Saviqdandrader, sure, we're going, join when ready13:34
didrocksfginther: still not around? ;)13:42
fgintherdidrocks, good afternoon. just finishing up something13:43
didrocksfginther: ok, tell me once you are ready ;) (I'll be away for an hour in 15 minutes, would be nice to sync before)13:44
fgintherdidrocks, in that case, let's start13:44
didrocksfginther: so, basically my changes worked with the daily release13:44
didrocksso oif/indicators are passing the right parameters13:44
didrocksfginther: I think merging both are quite easily, they should be exactly the same now13:45
didrocksfginther: I guess, the question is unity and the 100scopes unity one13:45
didrocksand how they can use the same job with indicator/oif13:45
didrocksfginther: the 100scope is unity with another ppa instead, so already covered as we'll pass the ppa parameter13:46
fgintherdidrocks, the autopilot-release jobs are all created from the template with no manual changes, correct?13:46
didrocksmmrazik: ^13:47
didrocksfginther: but the unity ones are different than the oif/indicators one13:47
didrocksfginther: for me the unity one should have:13:47
didrocks- a ppa parameter13:47
didrocks- no package set (so empty parameter)13:47
didrocks- the tests can be provided as "unity" for autopilot13:48
didrocksso basically a "check with whole ppa" with ont test: unity, which is launchpad all autopilot unity tests?13:48
mmrazikdidrocks: fginther: can you rephrase the question for me? I don't understand what is being asked13:48
fgintherdidrocks, yes 'unity' == all autopilot tests13:49
didrocksfginther: so, how can I help you? We should maybe create a new generic autopilot job from scratch13:52
didrocksfor all cases13:52
didrocksand plugging in the different cases?13:52
fgintherdidrocks, I think building up from the oif and indicators test shouldn't be too hard13:53
* fginther starts to see the differences13:53
didrocksfginther: ok, do you want to hang out, or having a first pass and we continues from there?13:54
didrocksfginther: would be nice to do it today so that we can move on then13:54
didrocksjibel: small question, the distribution of tests results per <release>/<stack>/<config> is done by the -check job, right? nothing linked to autopilot jobs (if we are going to only use one for all releases/stacks, it's fine?)13:55
fgintherdidrocks, I think I can do a first pass, let me discuss some with marting13:55
didrocksfginther: great!13:56
jibeldidrocks, correct. Precisely it is done by cu2d-autopilot-report which is called in the last build step of -check jobs.13:58
didrocksjibel: excellent, that's what I read, but I was double checking (I change a little bit the -check job yesterday)13:59
didrocksjibel: thanks!13:59
MacSlowSaviq, that was an easy fix... works now14:03
SaviqMacSlow, cool :)14:03
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
Saviqdandrader, you wrote the Stage tests, can you please have a look at the test I've added in https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.apps-lens-real-installed/+merge/15657114:12
Saviqdandrader, I'm out of ideas why it fails14:12
dandraderSaviq, sure. doing it now14:13
Cimibuild -s doesn't work in raring14:16
CimiI mean, immediately14:16
Cimiprobably requires extra deps14:16
tsdgeosCimi: what error do you get?14:19
MacSlowIs there a way to obtain the default value of an item-property, say Button.color in QML?14:19
Cimitsdgeos, I'm rerunning it now14:20
tsdgeosMacSlow: you mean the original property before you changed it? as far as i know no14:20
MacSlowtsdgeos, yes14:20
MacSlowtsdgeos, hm... then how can I conditionally assign a value instead?14:21
tsdgeosMacSlow: unless the Button.color provides you a way to get the original color the only easy way i can think of is a Component.onCompleted JS to get the original color and store it yourself14:24
tsdgeosand then just color: boolean ? myColor : originalColor14:24
tsdgeosseems a bit lame to be honest :D14:24
MacSlowtsdgeos, ok... wanted to avoid that... but if that's the only way... so be it :) thx14:24
Cimitsdgeos, hud doesn't have autogen.sh14:24
guschpaulliu: ping14:25
dandraderSaviq, the screenshot components are being replaced by tst_Stage.qml. That's why changes made to their real implementations won't affect the test14:26
dandraderSaviq, see tst_Stage.qml lines 164 - 17314:26
Saviqdandrader, ah, /me faile14:26
Saviqdandrader, right14:27
Saviqdandrader, thanks, makes perfect sense14:27
paulliugusch: hi14:27
Saviqdandrader, I will talk to the internal Fake ones, then :)14:27
guschpaulliu: what is "X-Ubuntu-Touch=true" in the desktop file doing?14:27
paulliugusch: We will use that field to filter out the apps that is for phone only.14:28
guschpaulliu: ok - thx - approving14:28
paulliugusch: So the app lens on phone will only provide those apps with -true.14:28
paulliugusch: wait.14:28
paulliugusch: I'm adding debian/changelog.14:28
paulliugusch: for image.14:28
guschpaulliu: ah - ok14:28
guschpaulliu: but then there is one file you could remove14:28
guschpaulliu: debian/gallery-app.links14:29
guschpaulliu: as that adds links (was introduced for the renaming)14:29
guschpaulliu: but these links will cause the gallery to appear twice (as there are 2 .desktop files then)14:30
guschpaulliu: so please remove that old compatibility file as well14:30
dandraderSaviq, and no need to use findChild to get the screenshots as they're properties14:30
paulliugusch: ok14:30
Saviqdandrader, yeah see that now14:30
guschpaulliu: thx14:30
paulliugusch: https://code.launchpad.net/~paulliu/gallery-app/desktop_file_tweak/+merge/15654814:36
paulliugusch: thanks.14:37
tsdgeosCimi: right it doesn't14:37
tsdgeosCimi: are you up to date in unity/phablet?14:38
guschpaulliu: why do you bumt the version number twice?14:38
paulliugusch: dch -> debcommit -> bzr rm -> dch -> debcommit. So it is twice.14:39
didrocksfginther: ok, I couldn't take any break :( I'll take it after the team meeting, any progress/things we can test?14:40
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|tea
guschpaulliu: can you merge them (even manually)?14:40
paulliugusch: yeah. sure. wait.14:40
fgintherdidrocks, not yet. I'm still trying to finish up another task.14:41
mterrydidrocks, kenvandine just asked me to update the unity recommends on the gwibber lens to the friends one.  But unity doesn't recommend it, gwibber does.  If I update this recommends, will there be a mismatch between gwibber's data source and the lens's data source (friends)?14:41
mterrydidrocks, I'm asking you because kenvandine is on holiday  :)14:41
didrocksmterry: in the next release, with 100scopes, unity will recommends everything14:42
mterrydidrocks, yeah, but that's not for raring, right?14:42
didrocksyeah, not anymore14:42
didrocksso you can either adds the recommends and remove from gwibber14:42
didrocksto prepare the future14:42
mterrydidrocks, I believe this request was for raring14:42
didrocks(which is fine IMHO)14:42
kenvandineplease add it then :)14:42
didrocksor do only the gwibber side to change :)14:42
mterrykenvandine, add a recommends to unity?  But gwibber already recommends lens-gwibber14:43
kenvandinegwibber is getting demoted14:43
mterrykenvandine, if I replace that with lens-friends, will everything work fine?14:43
mterrykenvandine, oh14:43
kenvandineyeah, just add the recommends so we make sure the lens is there still14:43
mterrykenvandine, I see, OK.  So just add a recommends in unity and gwibber will take care of itself14:43
mterrykenvandine, thanks14:43
mterrykenvandine, get back to holiday14:43
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
didrockssee you kenvandine :)14:45
kenvandinethanks guys!14:46
seb128mterry, new gwibber requires qt5 which is not likely going to main for raring so we decided demoting gwibber14:46
paulliugusch: https://code.launchpad.net/~paulliu/gallery-app/desktop_file_tweak/+merge/15654814:46
mterryseb128, sure14:46
seb128mterry, security team just hate us it seems :p14:47
kenvandinei spent a bunch of time on polishing up the new gwibber over the weekend... i think it looks really slick now :)14:47
kenvandinei love qml :)14:47
guschpaulliu: approved14:47
guschpaulliu: thx14:47
paulliugusch: thanks.14:47
didrocksmterry: FYI, it's already listed for raring+1: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-team/libunity/libunity-7.0/view/head:/data/client-scopes.json14:47
didrockskenvandine: btw, you need to check their integration testing before doing the next sdk upload :)14:48
kenvandineok :)14:48
Cimitsdgeos, yes I am14:48
didrockskenvandine: you uploaded a version which broke the tutorial14:48
didrocksthey broke the API and no word on it :)14:48
didrockskenvandine: so it shows:14:48
didrocks- their test in the package is insufficient14:48
didrocks- they need integration tests ;)14:48
didrockskenvandine: but let's see once you're back :)14:49
tsdgeosCimi: oh right, autolanding just being lazy you need https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.fix-hud-build/+merge/15648614:49
kenvandinetheir tests use the demos14:49
kenvandinei better disconnect before i find myself doing more work14:49
* kenvandine waves14:49
didrockssee you kenvandine!14:49
=== ritz_ is now known as ritz|ud
mterrydidrocks, seb128: https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/unity/lens-friends/+merge/15658414:51
didrocksmterry: ah no, it doesn't work like that :)14:53
seb128mterry, wfm, "the gwibber rewrite isn't ready in time" is slightly incorrect (rewrite is ok, qt5 isn't security team friendly)14:53
seb128but who cares :p14:53
didrocksmterry: you should use http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-team/libunity/trunk/view/head:/data/client-scopes.json14:53
mterryseb128, I would argue that falls under not being ready14:53
seb128mterry, fair enough14:53
didrocksand bump the libunity build-dep for next daily on unity to pick it up14:53
mterrydidrocks, hrm.  I thought that json stuff was just for 100scopes, didn't know it was ready for raring too14:54
seb128mterry, oh, what didrocks said, forgot about the generated recommends14:54
didrocksmterry: I prepared it before the 100scopes in fact14:54
didrockswhen I write perl, I want to ship it immediately :)14:54
didrocks(on Friday evening)14:54
mterrydidrocks, heh14:54
* mterry goes back14:54
mterrydidrocks, I shouldn't need to bump the build-dep for unity because of this lens change though, right?15:01
didrocksmterry: well, you will need as you want unity to build against latest libunity to pick the right file15:02
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
didrocksor you can do 2 manuals rebuilds15:02
didrocksone after another15:02
didrocksotherwise nothing will make unity wait until libunity finished15:03
mterrydidrocks, :-/  why is this file in libunity instead of unity?15:03
didrocksmterry: because all lenses needs it and libunity is loading it15:04
=== alan_g|tea is now known as alan_g
davidcalledidrocks, success! https://launchpad.net/projects/+new?field.displayname=Unity%20Launchpad%20Scope&field.name=unity-scope-launchpad&field.title=Unity%20Launchpad%20Scope&field.summary=Launchpad%20search%20for%20Unity15:06
didrocksdavidcalle: hum, that doesn't change that you need your daemon to log in, right? :)15:07
didrocksdavidcalle: or you want to have something xdg-open this url? and then click on "continue continue continue"? :)15:07
MacSlowSaviq, if you could have another look... https://code.launchpad.net/~macslow/unity/phablet-notification-renderer/+merge/15551215:07
davidcalledidrocks, a bash loop and many "click" sounds :)15:07
SaviqMacSlow, will do first thing tomorrow15:08
didrocksdavidcalle: a nice first step, I'll maybe one day create a chromium extension :)15:08
didrocksdavidcalle: "batch launchpad creator"!15:08
davidcalledidrocks, what could go wrong ? :p15:08
didrocksisn't it? ;)15:08
MacSlowSaviq, I'll continue working on extending that with support for the remaining types then (based on my branch)15:09
SaviqMacSlow, yup15:09
mterrydidrocks, OK.  How about https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/libunity/lens-friends/+merge/156599 and https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/unity/lens-friends/+merge/156584 ?15:11
fgintherdidrocks, generic autopilot job:
didrocksmterry: approved and approved!15:12
mterrydidrocks, thanks!15:12
didrocksfginther: why do you want a "stack" and "series" parameter?15:13
didrocksmterry: thanks to you!15:13
fgintherdidrocks, stack is used for the skip files, series is used for the ISO selection15:13
didrocksfginther: ah, so I need to pass both to you :)15:13
fgintherdidrocks, yes, I think that's all, but still reviewing my changes15:14
didrocksfginther: SKIPFILE="/tmp/autopilot.${stack}.skip"15:14
didrocksfginther: that should be:15:14
fgintherdidrocks, good catch15:15
didrocksfginther: hum, so we need to pass release?15:15
didrocksfginther: shouldn't we change stack by release-stack?15:15
fgintherrelease-stack is alwasys unique, right? then yes15:16
didrocksfginther: yeah, that's what identifies something unique15:16
didrocksok, let's go for this :)15:16
didrocksfginther: will this work for unity too?15:17
fgintherdidrocks, I'm reviewing that right now15:17
didrocksok, I'm doing the change in cupstream2distro-config for the new parameters meanwhile15:18
Saviqdandrader, I fixed https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.apps-lens-real-installed/+merge/156571 - there's one thing I'd like you to take a look at, though, if test_*_background is ran first (rename to test_0_background), the other ones fail15:18
Saviqdandrader, you might be able to jump at a solution quicker than me again15:18
fgintherdidrocks, are you going to pass both release and stack?15:18
didrocksfginther: yeah, do you want one or 2 parameters?15:18
fgintherdidrocks, 215:18
didrocksfginther: so /tmp/autopilot.{{ release }}.{{ stack }}.skip15:19
fgintherdidrocks, yes15:19
dandraderSaviq, ok. let me check...15:19
fgintherdidrocks, the utah branch needs a few updates to base-preseed.cfg to work with the unity tests, but other than that the job should work15:26
fgintherdidrocks, updating that now15:26
didrocksfginther: https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/cupstream2distro-config/use-generic-job/+merge/15661515:26
didrocksfginther: excellent!15:27
didrockstell me what you think about that ^15:27
fgintherdidrocks, one moment15:33
tsdgeosSaviq: why did you kill https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity/new_hud_client/+merge/156603 ?15:45
Saviqtsdgeos, bad click15:45
Saviqtsdgeos, but it's failed in CI - you need to update debian/control15:45
fgintherdidrocks, so triaging test failures is a concern when all of the daily release jobs use a single generic autopilot job. It might be better to make the job a template.15:49
tsdgeosSaviq: no, no need to update debian/control15:49
fgintherdidrocks, we can try it as one job and see how it goes15:49
tsdgeosi just need tedg ro release the package that contains hud-client-215:49
didrocksfginther: we are getting the test result per stack/releases15:49
Saviqtsdgeos, is hud-client-2.pc provided by libhud-client1?15:49
tsdgeossilly me15:50
tsdgeosi need to update the file15:50
didrocksfginther: however, can you ensure you cat the release/stack at the top of the job?15:50
tsdgeoscan't read15:50
didrocksfginther: so that we get it on the console15:50
fgintherdidrocks, true, the concern is when a human manually comparing results for example.15:50
fgintherdidrocks, and I'll make that change15:50
didrocksfginther: I think we'll need a dashboard at some point TBH :)15:51
dandraderSaviq, found the problem. would you prefer if I fixed it our would you like to do it yourself?15:51
fgintherdidrocks, WIP15:51
Saviqdandrader, I can do15:51
tedgtsdgeos, We're moving to the didrocks magic daily release, so not using the old OEM infrastructure anymore.15:51
didrocksfginther: I'll handle the daily release part :-)15:51
tedgtsdgeos, So I'm not sure how we'd even do a release...15:51
didrocksfginther: I have a fair clear idea about we can show it15:51
fgintherdidrocks, In that case, lets continue this path15:52
didrocksfginther: yeah ;)15:52
tsdgeostedg: really?15:52
tsdgeostedg: that sucks, it's going to make the shell unbuildable15:52
Saviqtedg, shouldn't libhud-client1-dev _not_ have SONAME in it? i.e. libhud-client-dev ?15:52
tedgSaviq, Uhm, yes, it should.  That way the different versions of the API can be parallel installable.15:53
hyperairSaviq: that's not the SONAME.15:53
tedgSaviq, So if, at some point, we could support multiple versions.  Things like LTS support, etc.15:53
Saviqhyperair, ok, SOVERSION ;)15:53
hyperairSaviq: not that either.15:53
hyperairSaviq: that's the API version15:53
hyperairSaviq: the version appears in the .pc file name.15:53
tedgSaviq, It's not the SOVERSION, it's a different version.15:53
Saviqhyperair, right15:53
hyperairSaviq: so basically for packages that have api versions, you would have something like libfooX-Y where X is the api version, and Y is the SONAME version15:54
dandraderSaviq, there are two problems: 1 - you're not waiting for the animation to finish before pressing the mouse. (it disrupts the animations) 2 - you're releasing the mouse straight away (likely in the same event loop). that causes the logic to fail. the best way would be to release the mouse only after the screenshot has stopped moving (the hint animation has finished)15:54
hyperairSaviq: SONAME is for ABI, whereas the API version is for API.15:54
tedgSo, more topical, Saviq, what PPAs are you guys building into now?15:55
Saviqhyperair, yeah, sorry for the misnomers15:55
Saviqtedg, ppa:phablet-team15:55
tedgSaviq, And are you guys still using the old OEM release stuff, or are you moving to the distro stuff?15:56
Saviqtedg, moving to distro, but not there yet15:56
Saviqdandrader, fixed, can you review that whole MR, then?15:59
dandraderSaviq, ok15:59
fgintherdidrocks, approved16:00
MarlincWould anyone mind completing this survey? Some friends and I are working on a project and would like to know how people use their clipboard: https://docs.google.com/a/mms-projects.net/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHdFV2Fyd0xnRU52a2o0TWg1Z1VRZVE6MQ16:00
didrocksfginther: thanks!16:01
didrocksfginther: FYI, deployed indicators and oif raring with the new parameters and generic job as a target. Will do unity once I get your thumb up (even by email if I'm not around)16:14
fgintherdidrocks, go for it!16:15
didrocksfginther: oh? ready? excellent, let me make the unity change then and deploy it16:16
fgintherdidrocks, the utah changes are pushed16:16
didrocksgreat :)16:16
didrocksfginther: so I gues we'll see once the daily releases will start :)16:16
fgintherdidrocks, :-)16:16
didrocksfginther: let's try just oif16:17
didrocksfginther: the one with "skipping"16:17
didrocksfginther: urgh, it had something to prepare :)16:18
didrocksforgot about the geis changes in16:18
Saviqkgunn, ah, more bug spam, just what I needed ;P16:18
didrocksfginther: ok, well, we'll see tomorrow I guess, unity deployed16:18
didrocksfginther: if you have time, can you have a look at the oif run? it should start in ~30 minutes16:19
fgintherfginther, excellent! Will watch it tonight.16:19
didrocksfginther: that will give us a good idea :)16:19
didrocksthanks ;)16:19
didrocks(and stop speaking to yourself, it's only Tuesday) :p16:19
Saviqkgunn, but seriously, good to get all the MR updates16:19
kgunnSaviq: oh the new team in lp? sorry....needed for our slow & eventual use of status16:20
Saviqkgunn, just kidding, it's fine, at least we get "our" MP updates16:21
Saviqkgunn, but suddenly I got compiz-team bugs, too ;)16:21
* dandrader still sorting out filters to deal with the deluge of launchpad e-mails caused by "unity-ui-team joined unity-team"16:22
kgunnso sorry guys!16:24
Saviqdednick, you saw your MP has conflicts?16:31
=== jhodapp is now known as jhodapp|lunch
dednickSaviq: yeah. just now. thanks16:40
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|lunch
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|eod
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|life
dednickSaviq: just did a device build and getting this error when running qml-phone-shell. Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50000) with this library (version 0x50001)17:15
Saviqdednick, hmm, I'd flash the device17:16
Saviqdednick, or at least add ppa:phablet-team and ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-proper17:16
Saviqdednick, and update/upgrade17:16
kgunndednick: phablet-flash -l worked for me17:18
dednickSaviq, kgunn: ta. will give it a try17:20
dednickdist-upgrade just causes segfault :S17:20
Saviqdednick, yeah, phablet-flash -l - android parts got out of sync17:20
davmor2Hey guys on the apps lens type in xchat-indicator or xchat indicator and it doesn't show up.  If you do the same thing in software-center it does is there a reason for this do you know?17:20
=== racarr is now known as racarr|lunch
=== jhodapp|lunch is now known as jhodapp
SiekaczI want to build UnityNext, following these instructions (http://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/development/unitynext/) and when I'm trying to execute ./build I get this: http://pastebin.com/7PJpiws218:35
=== dandrader|lunch is now known as dandrader
Siekaczof course it's raring18:35
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
kgunnSiekacz: did anyone answer you?19:25
kgunnSiekacz: basically late last week hud changed its build procedure....19:26
=== racarr|lunch is now known as racarr
kgunnSiekacz: long story short, we have a meta- build to  build hud locally and it got out of sync19:26
kgunnSiekacz: the change that fixes it is merged...happened this morning...so just bzr pull --overwrite19:27
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
kgunnand start fresh, e.g. ./build -s19:28
kgunnwhich in turn calls unity_build19:28
Akiva-Mobilehas the rewrite of unity to qt started yet? I am thinking of developing a terminal lens/scope19:30
SiekaczAkiva-Mobile: AFAIK it is the same unity as phone/tablet19:33
Siekaczso basically... yes19:33
Akiva-MobileSiekacz: so it will be used on the desktop as well.... now I just need to figure out where to find the code...19:34
Akiva-Mobiledo you know if it can be used on the desktop yet?19:35
Akiva-Mobilethat helps; thanks19:35
Siekaczcurrently I'm trying to buld this thing19:35
Siekaczkgunn: still the same19:35
Akiva-Mobilegood luck ~19:36
Akiva-Mobileseeing raring is around the corner, it couldnt hurt to muck around with my install19:36
Siekaczraring is going to be a SP for quantal :>19:37
Siekaczbut I'm glad19:37
Siekaczall serious development (new features) should go to UnityNext and Mir19:38
kgunnSiekacz: i was going to test myself...let me take a crack now19:39
Akiva-MobileSiekacz: sp?19:39
Akiva-MobileI looked at it, seemed like a stable alpha/beta19:39
Akiva-Mobileie, not much difference19:39
SiekaczService Pack - fixes, minor updates :)19:40
Akiva-Mobileyah figured19:40
Siekaczno braking-new features19:40
SiekaczAnd I am waiting for Ubuntu Phones also (currently I'm a WP8 user :P)19:43
SiekaczDoes anyone know if 13.10 will be based on Unity + Compiz or UnityNext+Mir?19:50
bregmaSiekacz, at this point, nobody really knows what's planned for 13.10, because 13.10 has not been planned for yet19:52
bregmasee also: rolling release plans19:53
SiekaczI see...19:54
bregmaas far as I know the discussion on whether to go with a 13.10 or a rolling release is still to be had20:03
kgunnSiekacz: seeing what you're seeing....:-/20:07
Siekaczdoesn't build for you too?20:09
kgunnSiekacz: right...but seems to be failing on the actual local build of hud...looks like a dep on some voice recog enginer20:28
Siekaczbtw. What do you use for voice recognition?20:29
kgunntedg: ^ still struggling20:29
Saviqright... another change in HUD...20:29
SaviqSiekacz, julius20:29
tedgWe shouldn't need julius anymore20:29
mhall119Saviq: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5671634/20:30
Saviqtedg, Siekacz, just sphinx, then?20:30
mhall119running Raring, I have the SDK PPAs installed20:30
tedgkgunn, You should probably need libpocketsphinx-dev and libsphinxbase-dev20:30
tedgkgunn, Most of the other build-deps are for the test suite.20:30
tedgmhall119, We're not building that anymore if you're grabbing trunk.20:31
mhall119Saviq: what's the different between ./build and ./build_unity?20:31
mhall119tedg: I grabbed lp:unity/phablet20:31
Saviqmhall119, ./build_unity builds libunity, UnityCore, HUD and people_lens (and nux on Quantal, as a dependency of UnityCore)20:31
tedgmhall119, Yeah, that's on hudclient-2 now20:31
Siekaczmhall119: i have the same issue20:31
Saviqmhall119, ./build builds UnityNext alone20:32
SaviqSiekacz, kgunn, mhall119, HUD bumped API version, will try and sort it out soon20:32
mhall119Siekacz: yes, I'm on raring20:32
Saviqraring vs. quantal is unrelated20:32
Saviqtedg, do we have the new hud built somewhere?20:32
mhall119dammit tedg, stop imporving it20:32
tedgSaviq, No, :-(  Apparently dput wasn't sending tarballs so LP was rejecting.  Working on that in another window.20:33
tedgmhall119, You can grab -r 365 and you should be fine20:34
tedgmhall119, Wait, sorry 36420:34
tedgmhall119, Anything earlier to 365 :-)20:34
Saviqmhall119, Siekacz, kgunn, or better use that branch lp:~aacid/unity/new_hud_client_api20:34
Saviqinstead of lp:unity/phablet20:35
mhall119Saviq: then ./build -s; ./build; ./run ?20:38
Saviqmhall119, ./build; ./run should be enough20:39
mhall119even if I deleted ../unity_build?20:39
Saviqmhall119, well, if you did delete it, then no ;)20:40
kgunnmhall119: favorite quote of the day "dammit ted..."20:41
mhall119Saviq: tried lp:~aacid/unity/new_hud_client_api20:46
mhall119Saviq: http://ubuntuone.com/1iNn5Xgmxdl9fRTol7K7Me are the outputs from build -s and build20:46
Saviqmhall119, you're just like the most unlucky person ever20:47
mhall119that'd be me, yup20:48
mhall119actually, second most unlucky person20:48
kgunnmhall119: i thot i had that title....20:48
mhall119balloons is even workse20:48
mhall119ok, maybe third20:48
mhall119but I am the most annoying of the unlucky persons20:48
Saviqmhall119, ah damn, that branch does not have trunk in it...20:52
Saviqmhall119, let me hack up a branch together20:52
Saviqand actually test it, too20:54
mhall119Saviq: that's crazy talk20:54
SaviqSiekacz, kgunn, mhall119, correction - it's going to be lp:~unity-team/unity/phablet.temporary-hud-build-fix20:54
Saviqas soon as it pushes20:54
mhall119Saviq: is that on top of lp:unity/phablet or lp:~aacid/unity/new_hud_client_api ?20:55
Saviqmhall119, on top of lp:unity/phablet20:56
mhall119Saviq: do I need to rm ../unity_build and re build -s ?21:02
Saviqmhall119, should be enough to ./build_unity; ./build; ./run21:03
Saviqmhall119, as all the branches are pulled already21:03
mhall119what version of hud's branch should it have?21:04
mhall119told you I was the most annoying21:06
Saviqmhall119, no, it's just me21:07
Saviqgot lost in the branches, it's fine21:07
Saviqmhall119, hud trunk21:07
Saviqmhall119, so 369 as of no21:07
mhall119ok, I ran ./build_unity --clean, now I'm running ./build --clean21:08
mhall119seemed happy, trying ./run21:08
mhall119OMG! it runs!21:08
mhall119no apps lens21:11
Saviqmhall119, icon or content?21:11
Saviqmhall119, icons are there, but in a different theme :/, lens and indicators content might not be there due to them actually talking to real backends, which might not be in place on your desktop21:12
Saviqmhall119, console output please?21:13
mhall119has .out and .err21:14
Saviqmhall119, looks like you got a script for that, eh? ;)21:14
mhall119manually taring from the command line21:15
Saviqmhall119, `ls ../unity_build/build/share/unity/lenses/` ?21:15
mhall119lrwxrwxrwx 1 mhall mhall   36 Apr  2 17:07 applications -> /usr/share/unity/lenses/applications21:16
mhall119interestingly......I don't have /usr/share/unity/lenses/applications21:16
Saviqmhall119, ;)21:17
Saviqmhall119, do you maybe have smart scopes installed?21:17
mhall119ah, I do21:17
Saviqmhall119, yeah, we're incompatible with smarts atm21:17
mhall119so is everything21:17
mhall119but maybe I ran ./run_on_device now21:17
mhall119thanks for all your help Saviq21:26
mhall119Saviq: should the fixes be landing in lp:unity/phablet today?21:27
Saviqmhall119, not until HUD is built in ppa:phablet-team21:27
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
mhall119are we going to be pulling it from a PPA instead of building it locally?21:29
nik90Saviq: can we expect all the unity-next stuff in a PPA instead of building it locally? That would make it much easier for users to test and report bugs21:31
Saviqnik90, installing all that on your desktop would break it21:32
Saviqnik90, you can go with ppa:phablet-team in a VM, though21:32
nik90Saviq: ah ok..21:32
Saviqnik90, but to test it for real a device is really so much better21:32
Saviqnik90, as there's a lot of things that are still only available in the phablet builds (exposed from Android, for example)21:33
nik90Saviq: I have an S3 (powerful enough) but no touch images for it yet :(21:34
mhall119Saviq: how can I get output from the shell when I use ./run_on_device21:43
Saviqmhall119, console output? on your console...21:43
mhall119oh, I need to ./run_on_device -s first?21:43
* mhall119 actually follows the instructions this time21:44
Saviqmhall119, ;)21:46
Saviqmhall119, yeah, -s will install the deps to build21:46
Saviqmhall119, just read what you put on the page ;)21:46
mhall119Saviq: you ask so much of me :)21:46
mhall119Saviq: you like me right?21:50
Saviqmhall119, sure, wassup?21:50
mhall119hud errors on the device21:50
Saviqmhall119, yeah, use lp:unity/phablet for the device ;)21:52
Saviqmhall119, as hud hasn't built yet21:52
Saviqmhall119, subsequent `./run_on_device` will be fine, no need for -s21:52
mhall119Saviq: you rock!22:04
Saviqmhall119, glad it worked22:05
Saviqmhall119, sorry about the mess22:05
mhall119messes are okay, as long as they're identified and cleaned :)22:05
kgunnSaviq: when you used bp's in the past...if you had a work item for a milestone...but missed...22:06
Saviqkgunn, I haven't really used them22:06
Saviqkgunn, I came into a kanban-ruled world22:06
kgunndid you move it wholesale to the next milestone ? or mark as postponed in place, then duplicate it marked as todo/inprogress in the next milestone22:06
Saviqmhall119, can you comment on that ^?22:06
kgunnSaviq: out of what i just decribed which do you prefer...talking to cjohnston....seems canonical has no convention either is acceptable22:07
kgunnhowever duplicating keeps increasing your total count obviously22:07
kgunnrobert_ancell: ^ opinion ?22:08
Saviqkgunn, maybe POSTPONED until the milestone deadline, then move to the new deadline?22:08
* robert_ancell reads22:08
Saviqas TODO?22:08
kgunni was thinking...if we move wholesale...postponed == a todo, from some previous milestone22:09
robert_ancellkgunn, if you miss a milestone you either reschedule or postpone22:09
kgunnrobert_ancell: right..but do you move it or duplicate it22:10
robert_ancellkgunn, move it22:10
kgunnmoving potentially screws up historical metrics (e.g. i planned more crap than i could do in milestoneX)22:10
kgunni think i prefer moving too btw....since i don't like the "feeling" of growing overall # of tasks trying to track postponed22:11
kgunnbut gives a false sense of feeling awesome...each milestone historically will only have "DONE"22:12
Saviqkgunn, here's one for you https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.release-1.67/+merge/156707 :)22:15
robert_ancellkgunn, if you use the burndown chart tracker then it keeps the historical data (it polls the blueprints). But yes, the blueprint implementation in Launchpad is annoying in that it does lose the data22:16
kgunnrobert_ancell: Saviq ok....going to use the move method, which basically means...no use of postpone22:17
Saviqkgunn, robert_ancell if the burndown chart keeps them, then I vote "set POSTPONED as soon as you know, move in bulk on milestone switch (deadline)"22:17
robert_ancellSaviq, yeah, that sounds right. In desktop we did that essentially by reviewing postponed items at the next UDS then retargetting the blueprint or opening a new one22:18
kgunnok...but we missed the milestone switch :) guess i shouldve done that as part of the Rick review22:19
Saviqkgunn, it doesn't have to be _on_ the day22:19
mhall119Saviq: kgunn: I haven't used milestones within a BP before22:20
mhall119if you duplicate it, your total WI count on the graph will go up22:20
mhall119if you move it, your per-milestone WIs still drop for the previous, and increase for the next, which I think is the desired result22:21
kgunnug...i'm starting to see bp per milestone approach as useful (i need a beer)22:23
Saviqkgunn, remember to top-approve MPs when you deem them ready :)22:27
Saviqkgunn, btw, https://launchpad.net/~kgunn is not you? ;)22:27
Saviqand it's EOD for me22:28
Saviqand then some22:28
kgunnSaviq: ...i'm kgunn72...leftover.....and how does one top-approve ?22:29
kgunnjust merge it?22:30
kgunne.g. bzr merge lp:~saviq/unity/phablet.release-1.67 ?22:30
Saviqkgunn, no22:32
Saviqkgunn, just change the status at the top to "approved"22:32
Saviqkgunn, apart from just voting "Approve" as a comment22:33
Saviqkgunn, one more thing in that branch is that there is a prerequisite ("Prerequisite: lp:~saviq/unity/phablet.apps-lens-real-installed")22:33
Saviqkgunn, that means that the branch in question will only autoland after the other one does22:33
kgunnSaviq: got it...thanks for the hard work...see you tomorrow22:34
* Siekacz got Unity Next running22:39
Siekaczwell done22:39
SiekaczFirst true responsive-design UI :)22:40
mhall119Saviq: you are my hero today :)23:27

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!