=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
=== Guest80225 is now known as panda|x201
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== ubott2 is now known as ubottu
=== security is now known as fire
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Apr  8 14:01:15 2013 UTC.  The chair is barry. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.14:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired14:01
ubottubdrung, ScottK, Laney, micahg, barry, tumbleweed, stgraber: DMB ping14:01
barryi know stgraber and ScottK send apologies.  do we have quorum today?14:02
Laneyyeah, seems so14:03
barry#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda14:03
barry#topic Review of previous action items14:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Review of previous action items
barryMicah to urgently send feedback on Bjorn's PPU application14:04
barrydo we have any status on this? i think micahg is not here right now14:05
Laneyhe said he hasn't yet done it14:05
Laneyi think we should give it to someone else ...14:06
Laneyor otherwise deal with this application14:06
tumbleweedbdrung: whould you be able to write it?14:06
barrybdrung, i think you'd be the natural next in line for this, since you've been working with him so closely14:06
tumbleweedI assume that if someone can get it started, it'd be easy to get some input from micahg. much easier than waiting for him to have time to do it all14:07
bdrunghm, i'd rather want someone else write it.14:07
bdrungmy view has change since i sponsor björn.14:07
barrybdrung: in which direction? ;)14:07
Laneyanother option of course would be to reconsider the application without a meeting14:08
bdrungbarry: in a good direction.14:08
LaneyI tend to want to defer to bdrung on this14:08
* tumbleweed too14:09
tumbleweedif after working with him bdrung thinks he's ready, that'll be enough to get my vote14:09
barrybdrung: cool.  Laney i agree.  i would be willing to bring up a vote on the dmb list, and if there are no objections, i will first email him and dholbach to let them know we are doing it this way.14:09
LaneyI'd like to hear some kind of summary on how the recent sponsorship has been14:10
Laneyif bdrung is up for sending that - doesn't have to be long14:10
bdrungI can try to write a sponsoring summary.14:10
barrybdrung: that's great, thanks14:10
tumbleweedLaney: +114:10
barry#action bdrung to write up a short summary of sweetshark's recent sponsorship14:11
meetingologyACTION: bdrung to write up a short summary of sweetshark's recent sponsorship14:11
dholbachgreat, good to hear things are moving in a good direction :)14:11
barry#action barry to conduct sweetshark ppu vote on ubuntu-dmb list14:11
meetingologyACTION: barry to conduct sweetshark ppu vote on ubuntu-dmb list14:11
Laneydholbach: sorry it blocked on the feedback for so long14:11
barrydholbach: me too.14:12
barryanything else on this topic?14:12
Laneyseems like a decent direction to me14:12
tumbleweedI guess that depends on the contents of bdrung's summary, so not for now, from me14:12
Laneysomeone should let him know what's going on14:12
tumbleweedthat is what the summary was about...14:13
barryLaney: will will do that14:13
tumbleweederr feedback14:13
barry*i will14:13
barry#topic Review any packageset descriptions that have been received (micahg)14:13
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Review any packageset descriptions that have been received (micahg)
barry 14:13
tumbleweedno micahg today...14:14
Laneythis whole initiative went away14:14
barryLaney: should i just remove this item from the agenda then?14:14
Laneyprobably for the best14:14
barrywill do14:14
Laneyassuming nobody wants to revive it14:14
tumbleweedI'm happy with doing it as-needed14:14
Laneypinging all of the packageset teams to get clear criteria for alterations14:15
tumbleweed"\you want an addition to a packageset, give us a description"14:15
barrywhich brings us to:14:15
barry#topic Package Sets14:15
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Package Sets
barrywe've had a request to add a few things to the zope and schooltool packagesets14:15
tumbleweedwhich reminds me. schooltool and zope don't have great descriptions. but probably good enough14:16
tumbleweedI'm +1 on that (as I said in the list) and happy to press the buttons14:16
Laneyyeah, seems fine. I don't think we need to vote per se14:16
barrytumbleweed: no objections from me14:16
barrytumbleweed: jfdi :)14:16
tumbleweedwill do14:16
bdrungno objections from me too14:16
barry#action tumbleweed to add to zope and schooltool package sets as per menesis request14:17
meetingologyACTION: tumbleweed to add to zope and schooltool package sets as per menesis request14:17
barry#topic ppu applications14:17
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ppu applications
barrynone for today14:17
barry#topic motu applications14:17
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: motu applications
barrynone for today14:17
barry#topic core dev applications14:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: core dev applications
barrynone for today14:18
barry#topic any other business14:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: any other business
barrythere was a doodle poll on possibly changing the early meeting's time.  have any of the dmb folks here not voted?14:18
barryLaney: please do, then we can lobby for results :)14:19
Laneyseems like 13UTC wins though, which is fine by me14:19
* Laney clicks zillions of tedious boxes14:20
barrymicahg is the westmost of us, but only by an hour, so hopefully that will work for him.14:20
barrydoes anybody have anything else they'd like to bring up today?14:21
Laneyhe agreed to that time and the two previous hours too14:21
Laneymore fool him14:21
tumbleweedschooltool + zope done14:22
Laneyso, the PPU discussion - what's left to do? Read over the log from the previous meeting and the email thread? Is there a proposal?14:22
Laneysorry for not having read it yet14:22
tumbleweedquickly read it now?14:22
Laneythe IRC log was hench though :(14:22
Laneyplus the most involved people aren't here14:22
tumbleweedthe idea was to get a proposal on the list, then we could vote on it14:22
Laneyah yes14:23
LaneyI probably have to digest this14:23
tumbleweedbut yes, I'd prefer if everyone who had commented on the proposal was here14:23
tumbleweedor at least someone :P14:23
barryyeah ;)14:23
Laneynot sure why that thread is private14:23
barryi'll put it on the agenda for next time14:23
Laneyanyway, micahg: thanks for sending it and I'll read/digest/comment soon14:24
bdrungI probably didn't comment the proposal, because I agree with it14:24
tumbleweedyeah, same14:24
Laneyi wrote it on my todo list and everything14:24
barryanything else, or are we done for today?14:25
* tumbleweed votes for done14:26
barrybdrung: you're up in 2 weeks14:26
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Apr  8 14:26:38 2013 UTC.14:26
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-04-08-14.01.moin.txt14:26
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-04-08-14.01.html14:26
barrythanks everyone14:26
tumbleweedyay for a quick meeting14:28
tumbleweedwe should have more of those (therefore discourage applicants, right? :P )14:29
barrytumbleweed: only every 7th meeting :)14:33
=== magespawn is now known as magestudy
=== stgraber_ is now known as stgraber
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:16:31
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Apr  8 16:31:21 2013 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:31
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired16:31
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting16:31
jdstrand[TOPIC] Announcements16:31
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Announcements
jdstrandPeople may have noticed this before, but we have a new meeting time: 16:30 UTC16:31
jdstrandThanks to Angel Abad (angelabad) who provided a debdiff for quantal for almanah (LP: #1155000), and Christian Kuersteiner (ckuerste) who provided a debdiff for precise for tomcat7 (LP: #1115053). Your work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job!16:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1155000 in almanah 0.9 "[SRU] CVE-2013-1853: Almanah doesn't encrypt the database" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115500016:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1115053 in tomcat7 (Ubuntu Raring) "Multiple open vulnerabilities in tomcat7 in 12.04 and 11.10" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/111505316:32
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report16:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first16:32
jdstrandI'm on triage this week16:32
jdstrandapril planning should all be done with everyone working on it (thanks to mdeslaur and jjohansen for helping me with the planning)16:33
jdstrandI was also able to finish the 13.10 planning for the most part16:33
jdstrandbut there still is a requirement that needs to be nailed down that I am working on. if it goes well, it shouldn't require significant effort for 13.1016:34
jdstrandI worked on refining the unity apparmor abstractions a bit, and plan to push those to the ppa at some point16:35
jdstrandI've got a couple of audits to finish up on16:35
jdstrandI think performance reviews are all done for now, but I might have something else to do there16:36
jdstrandand, hopefully I'll have time to pick up an update16:36
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up16:36
mdeslaurI'm currently working on the nvidia driver updates16:37
mdeslaurand am wrestling with jockey at the moment which for some reason doesn't like the new version16:37
mdeslaurI have haproxy updates to test also16:37
mdeslaurso I'll probably be publishing those two this week16:37
mdeslaurand will go down the list, time permitting16:37
mdeslaurthat's it from me16:37
mdeslauroh, and am on community16:37
mdeslaursbeattie: you're up16:38
sbeattieI'm once again working on display manager confinement16:38
sbeattieI'm focusing on writing some example applications to help drive where we need to mediate in the display manager.16:38
sbeattieI sadly have one last objective task to finish up, due to brain-damage on my part last week.16:39
sbeattieand that's pretty much it for me.16:39
sbeattietyhicks: you're up16:39
jdstrandsbeattie: I gave you a link last week about touch apps that use the SDK. you may be able to use/steal one of those (I didn't look at them at all though, so fyi only)16:39
sbeattieyeah, I'll look at those16:40
tyhicksI'm working on work items from https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/security-1304-appisolation-dbus16:40
tyhicksCurrently finishing up the "dbus - parser tests"16:40
tyhicksI started on it last week and still have some more to do16:40
tyhicksAfter that, I'll likely start on one of the other test related work items16:40
tyhicksIn spare time, I'm trying to get an eCryptfs fix for improved AES-NI performance ready for the 3.10 merge window16:41
tyhicksThat's it for me16:41
tyhicksjjohansen: you're up16:41
jjohansenI am working on the apparmor labeling work again this week.16:42
jjohansenI will be pushing an updated kernel that merges the current labeling and dbus dev branches16:42
tyhicksjjohansen: do you think that the socket labelling stuff will make it into that kernel too?16:43
jjohansenand there will be some dbus testing under the new labeled sockets16:43
jjohansentyhicks: yes16:43
tyhicksgood to hear :)16:43
jjohansensarnold: your up16:44
sarnoldI'm finishing up some vbulletin plugin reviews today; I've got another package for MIR audit to do16:45
sarnoldmy first charm was accepted into the charm store :) I haven't yet looked to see exactly how someone else would use it, but I'm hoping to address one of the raised issues (admin email address) -- they've got a 30-day-quiet --> implies api is somewhat 'fixed' sort of rule, and I'd like to avoid tripping that :)16:46
sarnoldperhaps depending upon priorities I'll get to that this week, perhaps not16:47
mdeslaursarnold: oh, cool, congrats!16:47
sarnoldthanks mdeslaur :)16:47
sarnoldchrisccoulson: you're up16:47
chrisccoulsoni've been working on mozilla updates this week. thanks to jdstrand for walking me through that process :)16:48
jdstrandsarnold: congrats on the charm acceptance! :)16:48
chrisccoulsonthere's currently some process issues wrt webapps16:48
jdstrandsarnold: was that the unattended upgrades one?16:49
chrisccoulsoni'm also tracking a couple of crashes from the firefox update16:49
sarnoldjdstrand: thanks, yes, unattended-upgrades :)16:49
jdstrandsarnold: nice16:49
jdstrandchrisccoulson: you're welcome-- you did a great job :)16:50
chrisccoulsonunfortunately, not much progress with chromium automated testing this last week, but i'll hopefully be able to get back on that this week16:50
sarnoldchrisccoulson: congrats on the first one down :)16:50
chrisccoulsonthere's still issues with chromium crashing on arm, which i've not been able to reproduce on my system16:50
chrisccoulsoni need to take a look at that this week to unblock updates for U4A16:51
chrisccoulsoni guess we need to start to figure out our webkit story this week, which is somewhat complicated by last weeks announcement16:53
chrisccoulsoni was going to suggest that one way of solving our 2-supported-js-engines-in-main issue would be to enable v8 in qtwebkit16:53
chrisccoulsonbut it seems that following last weeks announcement, apple are purging the v8 bindings16:54
chrisccoulsonso that idea is a non-starter really16:54
chrisccoulsoni think that's it from me16:54
jdstrandso I think it's back to me16:55
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages16:55
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.16:55
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.16:55
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions16:55
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?16:55
jdstrandmdeslaur, sbeattie, tyhicks, jjohansen, sarnold, chrisccoulson: thanks!16:57
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Apr  8 16:58:01 2013 UTC.16:58
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-04-08-16.31.moin.txt16:58
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-04-08-16.31.html16:58
sarnoldthanks jdstrand :)16:58
jjohansenthanks jdstrand16:58
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand!16:58
sbeattiejdstrand: thanks16:58
jdstrandmdeslaur: oh, I forgot to thank you for preparing the meeting wiki pages16:58
jdstrandmdeslaur: so, thank you :)16:58
mdeslauryou're welcome :P16:58
=== james_ is now known as Guest53945
=== mcs_ is now known as matt_symes

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!