=== tvoss is now known as tvoss|test
=== tvoss|test is now known as tvoss
mzanettigood morning07:02
jussimzanetti: do you have any ideas on who/where  else to  possibly ask? (About the notification issue Im having, you suggested #ubuntu-webapps on friday)07:10
mzanettijussi: sorry. no idea07:11
jussimzanetti: ok, thanks. Ill let you know if I actuall find a solutoin somewhere...07:12
didrockshey sil2100, how are you?07:14
mzanettijussi: cheers07:26
jussimzanetti: found the issue07:28
ubot5Launchpad bug 1153137 in webaccounts-browser-extension (Ubuntu Raring) "Please remove recommends on webaccounts-chromium-extension and unity-chromium-extension" [Wishlist,Triaged]07:28
jussibasically those were pulled into chromium by accident07:29
jussiand simply uninstalling them fixes the issue07:29
=== zniavre__ is now known as zniavre
mzanettitsdgeos: good morning07:35
mzanettitsdgeos: yeah, I just triggered a rebuild, given that it failed only one one of the builders07:36
mzanettistill weird... crash in gcc if I read it correctly07:36
tsdgeosperl it says, no?07:36
mzanettiyeah well, aynthing that compiles/interprets it. not our code myself07:37
mzanettiactually in debhelper... never seen that before07:38
mzanettilets see if it passes now07:38
sil2100didrocks: hi! Fine ;) How about you?07:38
sil2100didrocks: on Friday I tried to add the package to the stacks, I pushed a branch yesterday07:39
tsdgeossil2100: hi there, asking again, sorry, did the compiz fix for qt popups get merged?07:39
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/android-audiosystem_add/+merge/15880607:39
sil2100tsdgeos: yes \o/ So it seems at least07:40
tsdgeossil2100: should it be in raring? or does it need releasing?07:40
sil2100It's not in raring yet, I don't see the release commit for it07:41
sil2100But I think soon it should be in07:41
didrockssil2100: great! do you mind keeping the file ascii sorted for projects, please?07:43
sil2100Ah! Ok ;)07:44
sil2100But is the platform stack the right place?07:44
didrockssil2100: sounds good, I would have put it in platform or misc as there is no tests, but fine either way :)07:44
didrockssil2100: do you have time for a hangout for the next course of action then?07:44
sil2100didrocks: can we have it in 30 minutes :) ?07:45
didrockssil2100: sure07:45
mzanettitsdgeos: it passed07:46
mzanettijussi: thanks07:47
jussimzanetti: yw07:47
tsdgeosmzanetti:  print("**volume changed", volume, actionGroup.serverVolume) ?07:48
mzanettitsdgeos: do'h... I thought I removed them all... will do so now07:49
mzanettitsdgeos: done07:50
tsdgeosoka, charging the phone, somehow it died even if it was turned off :S07:51
tsdgeosgood that 2A charger that came with the Nexus10 :D07:52
tsdgeoscharges phones fast07:52
mzanettiyeah... mine is still on07:53
mzanetticharged it mid-last week for the last time. was in standby here on my desk07:53
mzanettisay 32% remaining07:53
mzanettiawesome, not weird :D07:56
mzanettiah... no wifi connected. that helps of course07:57
tsdgeosmzanetti: so i just moved the volume slider in overview to max07:57
tsdgeosand it is still at min in the volume indicator :-S07:58
mzanettitsdgeos: that seems a bug in the volume indicator then. because if you move it with alsamixer, the slider in overview moves around07:58
tsdgeosseems there's something weird when it's at min and you move to max07:59
tsdgeosotherwise the rest works "ok"07:59
mzanettitsdgeos: I'll test08:00
tsdgeosmzanetti: on the device seems that using the overview slider i can't go to 0 or to 10008:03
tsdgeoseverything else, alsamixer updates to08:03
tsdgeosbut 0 or 100 alsamixer ignores08:03
tsdgeoslet's see the indicator08:03
tsdgeosyeah, 0 and 100 don't work from overview and work from indicator08:04
tsdgeosnot sure that'd be "your fault" though08:05
tsdgeossince your code doesn't seem to care about that08:11
tsdgeosmzanetti: should serverVolume still be readonly?08:12
mzanettitsdgeos: its now internal one....08:13
mzanettistill could be...08:13
mzanettilet me fix08:13
tsdgeosmzanetti: do you know where QDBusActionGroup comes from?08:14
mzanettitsdgeos: no... it was there for the hardware volume buttons08:14
mzanettitsdgeos: I just made it more guideline-compliant and reused it in the overviewpage08:14
tsdgeoswanted to know what qdbus calls it made08:15
tsdgeosto prove it wasn't the ui fault that 0 and 100 don't work08:15
tsdgeosSaviq: do you know where QDBusActionGroup comes from?08:15
Saviqtsdgeos, sounds like qmenumodel08:15
tsdgeosmay be08:15
mzanettitsdgeos: ah... yeah. I suspect it to be in there too. but haven't seen it before. even though it seems really useful and probably should be part of QtQuick itself08:15
Saviqtsdgeos, https://code.launchpad.net/qmenumodel08:16
tsdgeosmzanetti: seems like a gtk/glib adaptor thing, not sure makes sense :D08:16
mzanettitsdgeos: oh... in that case no... but exactly the same that just wraps QDbus for qml...08:16
mzanettitsdgeos: I guess that would be QServiceFramework tho08:17
tsdgeosSaviq: yeah it's there, tx08:17
tsdgeosmeh, can't call (sva{sv}) with qdbus08:19
jibeldidrocks, I noticed that network and location stacks have an empty 'tests' parameter. What do they run in this case ?08:22
didrocksjibel: they are doing the dist-upgrade I guess08:23
didrocksjibel: but I'm waiting them to have components to have the list of real tests ;)08:23
didrockssil2100: it's 40 minutes ;)08:23
jibeldidrocks, so we are provisioning 3 machines just to check installability/upgradeability of the packages, right?08:25
didrocksjibel: indeed08:25
didrockswhich is better than nothing ;)08:25
sil2100didrocks: ready ;)08:27
sil2100Didn't want to hang-out in my pajamas08:27
jibeldidrocks, hm, okay, seems suboptimal, couldn't it be tested before starting the provisioning, running something like piuparts and then only provision physical machines and run AP if it succeeds?08:27
didrocksjibel: this is really temporary, we'll have by the end of the week I hope at least one AP to run08:28
tsdgeosmzanetti: have you been able to reproduce the 0/100 problem?08:29
mzanettitsdgeos: not yet. had to reflash the device. still on it08:29
didrockssil2100: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/7ab39ee5ed454250b930d481b69dd69b80ca8f50?authuser=0&hl=fr08:29
tsdgeosi can't find how to pass a variant to gdbus either08:29
mzanettiall those uppercase letters on the OSK even when typing lowercase letters confuse the shit out of me :D08:30
jibeldidrocks, ack, just doing some capacity planning to estimate our needs in physical hw and optimizing the resources we have already.08:31
=== duflu_ is now known as duflu
didrocksjibel: after this hangout, do you want to discuss some strategy for this?08:33
jibeldidrocks, sure thing08:33
tsdgeosmzanetti: yeah the BB Z10 does the same, i find it not cool08:40
tsdgeosbecause the BB playbook doesn't :D08:40
tsdgeosthey changed their mind from product to product08:40
mzanettitsdgeos: stupidly copying apple crap08:40
mzanettitsdgeos: I guess the biggest troubles is because I use maliit now for 2 years, but in a sane configuration08:41
tsdgeoswhat i like a "lot" about the BB10 is the inline suggestions in the keyboard08:42
tsdgeoshave you seen those?08:42
mzanettitsdgeos: narf... no. I haven't seen anything bug a youtube video from the BB Z1008:42
mzanettiI'd really like to get one into my hands08:42
tsdgeosmzanetti: see www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fusk03iTEI&feature=youtu.be&t=27s08:44
tsdgeosthe little words over the keys can be just typed by pressing they key and swiping up08:45
mzanettiyeah... this seems cool indeed08:45
tsdgeosso eventually you can have lots of "next word" suggestions08:46
mzanettiif it adjusts to personal usage it can become quite efficient I guess08:46
tsdgeosit does08:47
tsdgeosor seems to08:47
mzanettilet me try to write a mail to some developer friends at rim :D see if they have a developer device around they don't need any more08:47
tsdgeosat least here it started suggesting words quickly after the first messages08:47
luvmardy: hey mardy ... umm i have noticed few other problems with ubuntu online accounts :'(09:13
luvmardy: first of all doing async callback-based programming in gobject is a proper torture and big thumbs up for you guys to cope with that :-)09:13
luvmardy: though what makes me really upset is that I can see the passwords in gnome-keyring without being prompted for my password - well, not really a fault of UOA, but it affects UOA drastically.09:16
luvin comparison, firefox password manager will ask you for your master password (again!) before allowing you to see the passwords decrypted09:17
mardyluv: that's a "feature" of GNOME keyring: there is a master password, but the keyring is automatically unlocked when you login09:18
luvwell I am happy to help ... but given me trying to hack on UOA last few week didnt get very far, Im a bit down now.09:18
luvluv: yes, that's what im saying09:18
luvalso, signon_identity_signout  doesnt not do what we want ... so only possibility is to create a new identity, change account to that identity and delete the old one (which is fine ... if it didnt have to be coded in gobject async madness :-) ... it's about five lines of python ;-) )09:20
luvnext problem ... even when using the existing "remove account" functionality it sometimes does not delete the associated identity - it happened to me with a made-up jabber account09:21
luvmardy: well GNOME keyring has to be cleared patch to required your password even when you are logged-in because this a huge f*cking security problem for UOA if it doesn't (sorry for being that upfront about it)09:21
luvs/cleared/clearly/ .. s/patch/patched/ .... :-)09:22
luv(an obvious use-case - I am visting a friend, (s)he lets me use the computer, leaves to make a tea and I have their google/yahoo/ms account)09:25
tsdgeosmzanetti: could you repro¿09:32
mzanettitsdgeos: yes09:33
tsdgeosany clue what may be wrong?09:34
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|afk
mzanettitsdgeos: not yet... but there seems something fishy in my code indeed09:34
sil2100https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/webbrowser-app/change_arch_to_list/+merge/158871 <- didrocks09:34
tsdgeosmzanetti: you sure? mean you are just passing 0 and 1 to actionGroup.actionObject.updateState, no?09:35
didrockssil2100: looks good :)09:36
didrockssil2100: approved ;)09:36
luvmardy: sorry for pointing out problems in solution you are working on .. but seriously ... it's like being able to easily see your linux password decrypted after you log in (if not worse)09:37
mardyluv: you can change your master password in the gnome keyring, and then it won't open automatically at login09:38
mardyluv: signon_identity_signout might be buggy, but it should do exactly what you want to do: clear the password and all stored tokens09:39
luvmardy: well I can, and I can stop using UOA (as I do at the moment - it's the only issue which keeps me on 12.04, that's why I care) but what about those tens of millions of users who do not know about it! ... signon_identity_signout  is not supposed to clear the passwords at least not according to the docs and comments in the code09:40
luvi wish it was!09:40
mzanettitsdgeos: yeah... I debugged a bit more... seems to be the QDBus thingie indeed. however, I found another issue in my code. so let me fix that before approving09:40
luvand again even if i change the master password - it does not help!09:41
tsdgeosand add a unit test for that you found :D09:41
luvi want to be able to use the keyring but not to see the passwords decrypted09:41
luvjust as other passwords managers do09:41
mardyluv: http://code.google.com/p/accounts-sso/source/browse/src/signond/signonidentity.cpp?repo=signond#37009:42
luvumm, i guess, let's get it covered on slashdot and it will make the gnome guys fix it ;-)09:42
luvmardy: http://docs.accounts-sso.googlecode.com/git/libsignon-glib/html/SignonIdentity.html#signon-identity-signout09:42
mardyluv: oops, yes, the documentation is incomplete and misleading09:43
tsdgeosdednick: i thought we were removing FIXME's not adding them :D09:43
mardyluv: I'll fix that09:43
luvmardy: ok, I will make sure the gnome guys fix the bug in gnome-keyring :-) I guess a blog post linked from slashdot will do the job :-)09:45
mardyluv: I'm not sure it's a bug, but you can try09:47
mardyluv: the alternative is that you'll always be asked for the master password the first time an applications tries to ue the keyring09:47
luvthey will probably need to add a concept of a "privileged application" or something09:50
luvyour solution - to ask first time for every application trying to use it - is very good as well09:50
luvumm, the dont' think it's a bug either ... that's why we need slashdot to tell them ;-)09:51
mardyluv: I don't know, I think it would be very annoying for the users09:51
luvwell, yeah, the fact that anyone can steal your password is not annoying though ;-)09:51
luvpeople are not shouting at gnome devs only because they do not know it's that easy to "get in"09:52
luvmaybe ask every time an application wants to use the keyring + "privileged applcations" (application which are granted access just when you log in) ... would make everyone happy09:53
=== alan_g|afk is now known as alan_g
mzanettitsdgeos: pushed... the 0/1 seems not to be my code09:57
tsdgeosmzanetti: shall we open a bug?09:57
tsdgeosagainst the shell itself09:58
tsdgeossaying "this doesn't work", seems to be either q QGroupdbusaction or of the service handling the dbus call, investigate09:58
mzanettitsdgeos: yeah... would make sense10:00
tsdgeosmzanetti: you do it? or want me to?10:00
mzanettitsdgeos: and we need a bug for the volume indicator tab not updating when the volume changes somewhere else10:00
mzanettitsdgeos: feel free :)10:01
luvmardy: but indeed, this is something that should be discussed with gnome-keyring team (unfortunately, gnome devs are bit peculiar when it comes to discussing stuff with outsiders ;-) ), so back to UOA talk ... If signon_identity_signout should remove the credentials from db - what is the difference between signon_identity_signout and signon_identity_remove then?10:06
mardyluv: _signout() only removes the password and the tokens, not all the metadata -- that is, the Identity record still remains valid10:07
mardyluv: _remove() removed the record completely, which means a new record has to be stored10:07
mardyfor the accounts to work10:07
mardyluv: please try to see if that removes all the records from the keyring -- if not, please file a bug10:08
luvmardy: cool, thanks a lot!10:09
mardyluv: back to the keyring issue: you should never lend the PC to someone else while you are logged in; Ubuntu has the "guest user" session exactly for that reason10:09
luvmardy: yeah, that's what the gnome guys will say10:10
luvit's just a cheap excuse - not how the real world works10:10
mardyluv: true, but it's just because users are not careful about security10:11
seb128if you give access to somebody to your session you either trust the person or don't care about giving access to the datas available there10:11
mardyluv: it's not just passwords, think of all your pictures, e-mails, documents; there might be plenty of stuff you don't want to share, other than passwords10:12
luvwell I know they WON'T be able to see my password saved in firefox password manager (even though they will be able to use them from that session) ...10:12
seb128how not? it's an option in firefox preferences10:13
luvbecause firefox ask for the master password again(!) when you ask it to show you the password decrypted10:13
mardyluv: setting the master password is not mandatory -- I for instance don't have one10:13
seb128"display password"10:13
luvyes, if you use a master password, it differentiates the two different kinds of access to the keyring10:14
luvseb128: click it and it asks for your master password (if you use one)10:15
seb128luv, dunno what "master password" is and I guess I don't use one because it doesn't ask for anything10:18
seb128luv, so it's similar to the "set a keyring password different from your login password", it applies to few people who know/care enough to do opt in10:18
tsdgeosmzanetti: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/116912710:19
ubot5Launchpad bug 1169127 in Unity phablet "Setting volume to 0 or 1 (min/max) does not work when done thorugh the Overview Indicators Panel" [Undecided,New]10:19
luvseb128: 1) almost everyone cares about it - people just don't know how easy it is to get in - so they blindly trust developers (and it's our job not to screw up). And nah, even if you set different password then your login it won't crack it! The moment you enter that different password to be used (for example by signond) it is unlocked and you do not need to enter it again to see the passwords. When using firefox you would need to ente10:21
seb128luv, IRC cut after "When using firefox you would need to ente"10:22
luv"When using firefox you would need to enter it again"10:22
luvi can make you a video of the difference when i get back home :-)10:22
seb128luv, but my point is that almost no user will know about the firefox master password or optin for one, so in practice if you hand your session to somebody you hand your firefox passwords10:22
seb128luv, no need of a video10:22
luvi think firefox asks actually10:23
seb128it ask "are you sure you want to display the passwords"10:23
seb128but that's it10:23
luvno i mean10:23
mzanettitsdgeos: confirmed10:23
luvfirst time you ask firefox to save a password, it tells you the implications of using a password manager (AFAIK)10:24
luvwell it doesn't ask for the master password because you don't use one (I do use one for gnome keyring altough it's same as my login password - it really makes no difference). Just think of being able to see your linux password decrypted easily after you log in.10:26
luvand then saying - oh well, that's how it is, you need to lock your screen everytime - same thing10:26
luvand think of all the security vulnerabilities which can get access to your account etc.10:27
seb128if somebody has access to your unlocked session, you loose10:28
seb128they can access your private documents10:28
seb128your emails10:28
seb128the websites you are logged on10:29
luvno tehy cant :-)10:29
seb128your im logs10:29
luvthey can't access my emails, neither im log - they would have to get access to my google account as well ;-) ... they can access only local files which which the local user have access to10:30
luvmaybe mess with a key logger or something10:30
luvbut that's completely different league10:30
seb128you tweak your setup, which is fine10:30
seb128but you said earlier than you want to solve the issue for all users10:31
seb128on a normal config your IM logs are in empathy->log10:31
luvok good10:31
seb128and they are not password protected10:31
luvforget it10:31
tsdgeosmzanetti: you said something about " and we need a bug for the volume indicator tab not updating when the volume changes somewhere else"10:31
tsdgeosthat works here10:31
luvleave it completely open, fine :-)10:31
tsdgeosmzanetti: what do you do to repro it?10:31
luvhell, that's the original motivation to implemented the logout functionality ffs10:32
mzanettitsdgeos: change it in alsamixer10:32
tsdgeosthat doesn't seem like a supported usecase :D10:32
mzanettitsdgeos: dafuq... that doesn't work in Overview any more either10:32
mzanettitsdgeos: it does work on desktop10:32
luvthat I can see I'm logged in into my google account so I _know_ that the computer has access to it, so when I let anyone else use the computer I f*king log out (as I do with email) and as anyone with half-brain understands10:32
seb128luv, well, the base line is "don't give access to an unlocked device/session to somebody you don't trust" in any case, you can improve things sure but that's not a proper security10:33
tsdgeosmzanetti: i'll let you file that one :-)10:33
mzanettitsdgeos: ok10:33
luvseb128: let's add a showpass command which will show your linux password decrypted after you log in (maybe a bit of pam hacking?)10:35
luvpasswords are really a different beast than emails and im logs10:35
luvand should be protected (they plain text version) even if you have access to an unlocked device10:36
luv(that's why I never use google account with android afterall - even though android doesnt go that far to show you your google password in plain text either!)10:37
seb128they are indeed10:37
seb128it still doesn't mean it's a good idea to hand an unlocked session to somebody you don't trust ;-)10:37
luvand Im telling you - most people would do same if they knew how weak the security really is :'(10:38
luvoh, of course, no disagreement there! it's absolutely not a good idea :-)10:38
tsdgeosmzanetti: quick one, https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity/2many_regexps/+merge/15888110:38
mzanettitsdgeos: lol... you should remove the others too10:39
tsdgeosmzanetti: which others?10:39
mzanettitsdgeos: just joking... (not a big fan of boost)10:39
seb128luv, btw there is work ongoing around the keyring: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/security-r-app-keyring10:40
tsdgeosmzanetti: ah10:40
luvseb128: cool, I hope that's get sorted soon10:40
luvmakes me really upset at the moment :-(10:40
seb128luv, the security team is working hard on apps isolation atm, hopefully we see good progresses in the next monthes10:41
mzanettihey kgunn10:44
mzanettigood morning10:44
luvseb128: umm, great! you think the patches can make it upstream or is that ubuntu only? (not that it matters that much to me ;-) )10:44
luvit's unfortunate it didn't make it to raring. But totally ok, given how my deadlines end up ;-).10:45
seb128luv, I'm not sure how much of that will be taken upstream, I guess the code to restrict access should be upstreamable, not sure about the profiles since those are centered on apparmor and not all distributions use it10:54
luvwell, let's see how it turns out ... umm according to the document the funcionality used to be there and was removed :-S11:00
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
mzanettiSaviq: I just checked out the *FilterGrids... seems like reusing tst_FilterGrid is not an option. you think its still worth to add tests given that they just use FilterGrid + Tile and both of them are tested already11:19
mzanettiSaviq: ok... they define a clicked signal... that can be tested... I'll create something11:20
didrocksfginther: ok to me to kill every old autopilot jobs which are != from generic?11:24
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|lunch
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/qtubuntu-sensors/arch_change_to_list/+merge/15889211:37
sil2100didrocks: should I also remove the any bit from platform-api package?11:37
sil2100Since it currently builds for powerpc as well11:37
didrockssil2100: qtubuntu-sensors is the only one which doesn't build, right? https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-unity/+archive/daily-build-next/+packages11:39
sil2100Yes, that's why I'm asking abotu tplatform-api11:39
sil2100Since maybe we want to get rid of powerpc at all :>11:39
sil2100(saving disk space and everything)11:40
didrockssil2100: no, keep any for those11:40
didrockssil2100: no need to constrain when it's not needed (especially the day we are going to add one more arch)11:40
sil2100Ok ;)11:41
dandraderSaviq, Would you have time to check this one? It's been around for a while now: https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity/phablet_remove_fakes_from_qml/+merge/15837011:43
dandraderI wonder why jenkins didn't build it again11:44
dandraderalso the "close apps from the dash" relies on that MR12:01
Saviqdandrader, yeah, I will12:12
Saviqmzanetti, why not an option?12:12
Saviqmzanetti, could we not build the FilterGrid test so that it would take them all in order and test?12:13
dandraderSaviq, thanks!12:13
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
Saviqkgunn, where from did you get that the UShape mounts and bottom bars are DONE?12:16
Saviqkgunn, loicm assigned it to himself, but it doesn't seem INPROGRESS yet, even12:17
kgunnSaviq: sorry, he emailed me...12:17
Saviqkgunn, that's fine12:17
Saviqkgunn, just asking12:17
kgunnSaviq: but fair question...."what is done"....i better check its all landed12:18
smspillazdidrocks: heya, do you know if jenkins jobs automatically time out if they take too long ?12:21
smspillazfginther: ^ might know the answer to that one too12:21
smspillaz(sorry for the ping!)12:21
didrockssmspillaz: fginther will know better than I12:24
smspillazcoolio, we shall see then12:25
smspillazif not, its pretty easy to pass a flag to ctest to force tests that take longer than 60 seconds to fail, we're just hitting a condition in the xorg gtests in compiz that times out after 3000ms, and sometimes running under valgrind hits that12:26
smspillazso I was just going to get rid of that 3000ms timeout since its not really useful for getting rid of long-running tests12:26
=== alan_g|lunch is now known as alan_g
=== seb128_ is now known as seb128
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|afk
=== alan_g|afk is now known as alan_g
sil2100didrocks: where would you put the qtubuntu-camera* bits in the stack? It was in the qt stack in phablet, I added it to platform for now - but you think it's the right place?12:34
sil2100Maybe media?12:34
sil2100But it's a backend12:34
vesarI'm trying to build unity (./build -s)  but it keeps failing in: [ 79%] Building C object tests/CMakeFiles/test-voice.dir/test-voice.c.o12:39
vesarLinking C executable test-voice.12:39
vesarAnybody any idea how to fix? The log is the same as here: http://pastebin.com/bND2DCbj12:40
didrockssil2100: I guess it's in the media one12:44
didrockssil2100: look for the google doc from stacks12:44
vesarSaviq, any idea^12:50
Saviqvesar, that looks like the hud is failing12:51
Saviqvesar, try ./build_unity --clean12:51
Saviqvesar, that will build the whole set in ../unity_build/ from scratch12:51
Saviqvesar, you updated to raring, btw?12:51
vesarSaviq, no I still have 12.10 64-bit12:52
Saviqvesar, you should upgrade to raring, we will soon stop caring about quantal12:52
vesarSaviq, ok. good to know. but can that cause the issue?12:52
Saviqvesar, it could, in theory (/me tries to build in quantal)12:53
fginthersmspillaz, nearly all of our jenkins ci and autolanding jobs are set to timeout. A few old jobs do not, but they will eventually be fixed.12:56
smspillazfginther: great, thanks!12:57
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|afk
=== _salem is now known as salem_
=== alan_g|afk is now known as alan_g
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|afk
vesarSaviq, got a confirmation from Albert that doesn't work in quantal anymore.13:13
Saviqtsdgeos, what would we need to do for it to work?13:14
tsdgeosSaviq: probably comment out the tests13:15
tsdgeosis what i think that fails linking13:15
tsdgeosSaviq: maybe even we can trigger that on the cmake "call" level13:15
Saviqtsdgeos, right13:16
* Saviq will try13:16
tsdgeosSaviq: otherwise it's hard since we are targetting a given revision on the repo so even if we fix it later won't be able to use that revision since it introduces the hud-client2 lib13:16
Saviqtsdgeos, we can always have an lp:hud/phablet branch ;)13:16
tsdgeosactually it's the branch we are using :D13:17
tsdgeosit's called phablet already13:17
Saviqright ;)13:17
mterrysil2100, the last unity raring build had too many failures from autopilot tests on nvidia.  I'm rerunning the job just to see if it was a fluke, but do any of the failures here make sense to you: ?13:24
=== alan_g|afk is now known as alan_g
Saviqdednick_, standup?13:32
mterrysil2100, you don't hang out in #ubuntu-touch?13:38
Saviqvesar, I'll have a fix for you in 513:41
vesarSaviq, ok. cool. Though I think I should upgrade to raring13:42
Saviqvesar, yeah13:42
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
sil2100mterry: ok, so, as I mentioned in the qtvideo-node, it looks all fine - I had problems building with earlier package versions, but I think it shouldn't be a problem?13:54
sil2100(i.e. missing minimum versions of libplatform-api-headers etc.)13:54
mterrysil2100, yeah.  I wasn't too worried about it because I didn't want to include versions that had the daily.build.next string; once we actually have these packages in the ubuntu-unity/next ppa it might make more sense to add versions13:55
mterrysil2100, but that merge failed because of the missing deps in the cu2d-config stack, eh?13:56
Saviqtsdgeos, vesar https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity/phablet.disable-hud-tests_add-regex-dep/+merge/15892813:58
sil2100mterry: yes, in the same way it happened on my system13:58
sil2100i.e. libplatform-api-headers not new enough13:58
sil2100Should we merge it in anyway?13:59
mterrysil2100, no...?  let me look at the console log again13:59
sil2100shadervideomaterial.cpp:17:30: fatal error: ubuntu/ui/config.h: No such file or directory13:59
mterrysil2100, oh right!13:59
sil2100ubuntu/ui/config.h is from libplatform-api-headers - at least the https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/qtvideo-node-raring-armhf-ci/5/console job!13:59
mterrysil2100, this is because https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/cupstream2distro-config/videonode/+merge/158408 hasn't landed13:59
mterrysil2100, the -ci job is still using old phablet branch13:59
sil2100Ah ;)14:00
tsdgeosSaviq: ok, going to take a while to get the quantal machine up14:00
sil2100Things are getting out of hand slowly! Ok, so first let's get this merged in14:00
Saviqtsdgeos, should've kept a clean snapshot ;)14:00
tsdgeosi do14:00
tsdgeosjust cloning takes a while14:00
tsdgeosno ssd here14:00
tsdgeosa while ~10 min14:01
mterrysil2100, can we kick jenkins-bot to check for the commit message again?14:01
Saviqtsdgeos, why cloning? just snapshot, work, drop the changes?14:01
tsdgeoscan virtualbox do that?14:01
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah14:01
sil2100mterry: I think if we trigger a rebuild it should re-check it (I think)14:01
sil2100Doing that14:01
mterrysil2100, thanks14:01
Saviqtsdgeos, you can even have multiple trees of snapshots now14:02
tsdgeosSaviq: interesting, i'll investigate later14:02
Saviqtsdgeos, cheers14:02
mterrysil2100, still though, we need to add the autopilot deps to the stack configs.  The stacks are failing to pass checks because of that.  Do you know what I mean by that?  (the stack configs list all the deps of the autopilot packages explicitly)14:02
tsdgeosi think for this time it's going to be faster just to clone :D14:02
mterrysil2100, I was going to have a look at that if you hadn't started14:03
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
sil2100mterry: yes, I had a hangout about that with Didier today14:03
sil2100mterry: I'm taking that one on me, just wanted to finish those small tasks first14:03
mterrysil2100, OK cool, thanks14:03
vesarSaviq, thanks!14:05
mterryfginther, in the qtvideo-node branch, the dropping of quantal was intentional14:22
mterryfginther, the head stacks are raring-only14:22
sil2100fginther: pushed the modified version of https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/android-audiosystem_add/+merge/15880614:23
sil2100mterry: you're handling the addition of qtvideo-node to the head stack, yes?14:23
* fginther is thinking14:26
sil2100To anyone concerned - once we have all camera* branches ready, here's the stack addition: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/qtubuntu_camera_additions/+merge/15893114:26
sil2100(so that there's no work duplication)14:26
sil2100Probably some fixing will be needed later14:26
mterrysil2100, trying14:27
Cimidednick_, so basically from Lens I need searchQuery and name14:27
sil2100mterry: ACK14:27
Cimidednick_, so I'll need to add some methods right?14:27
Cimidednick_, one get method for name, a write and get method for searchquery, and a q signal each14:28
dednick_Cimi: yah. might want to separate the lens into a different source file as well. i just put it in with the lenses to save time.14:28
dednick_Cimi: think you need to add Q_PROPERTY for each14:28
Cimidednick_, yeah exactly14:29
Cimidednick_, was implying the property14:29
dednick_Cimi: ok :)14:29
Cimidednick_, shall I push there once I move into a new file?14:29
dednick_Cimi: please14:31
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|tea
mzanettihey Cimi. wanna do a review? https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/unity/phablet-test-filtergrids/+merge/15894114:36
smspillazTrevinho: heya, do you happen to know if there's any udev events for VT switches ?14:39
=== alan_g|tea is now known as alan_g
Trevinhosmspillaz: no, I've looked a little into it at the time, then we got a different solution..14:46
Trevinhosmspillaz: platform guys could be more aware than me, though :)14:47
smspillazTrevinho: I haven't found anything thus far14:47
smspillazTrevinho: if we don't really care about VT switching, we can just try to handle the resume case14:48
smspillazhttps://code.launchpad.net/~jassmith/unity/unity.redraw-on-resume/+merge/95945 does it for the launcher, should we just expand that to the rest of the shell ?14:48
Trevinhosmspillaz: that was handled using upower signals14:48
Trevinhosmspillaz: however it was not fixing things that well14:48
smspillazTrevinho: the problem is that its the best we've got -.-14:48
Trevinhosmspillaz: ok, if that's fixing for everything I think we can accept it14:49
smspillazI'll look into hooking those bits up14:49
smspillazTrevinho: Actually, now that I think of it, it might be better to connect to the screensaver daemon and listen for unlocks14:50
smspillazas well as resume from suspend14:50
smspillazthe reason being that I suspect the reason it didn't work so well was a race condition between us getting the signal and the driver trashing the framebuffers14:50
smspillazlistening for unlocks on the screensaver service at least guaruntees us that we're going to do a redraw when the user has typed in their pw14:51
Trevinhosmspillaz: the problem with that was that it didn't work when user was disabling the lock-screen14:51
Trevinhosmspillaz: and OEMs want to support that as well14:52
smspillazTrevinho: right, so I was thinking of putting the redraw code on a timeout (5 seconds will do) and then for all other cases the lock screen signal should handle it14:54
smspillazTrevinho: its just a race condition really, there's not a whole lot we can do about it14:54
smspillazbetter yet, we can probably do it after the first swap after resume14:55
smspillazso resume -> first swap -> QueueDraw everything14:56
tsdgeosSaviq: what's the policy regarding new merges that introduce FIXMEs like https://code.launchpad.net/~nick-dedekind/unity/phablet-tests-menucontent/+merge/158562 ? Should we update the FIXME list? or?15:13
Saviqtsdgeos, good point15:13
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah, I'd say that's right15:14
Saviqtsdgeos, fortunately they won't get lost, but makes sense to add them to the list, yes15:14
smspillazTrevinho: is there a way that I can tell nux "just QueueDraw everything" or do I need to expose a new method in WindowCompositor to do that ?15:24
Trevinhosmspillaz: maybe at this point it's just better to include that into WindowCompositor, and using it in compizDamageNux as well15:26
Trevinhosmspillaz: as there's not...15:26
smspillazTrevinho: well, I'm poking around a bit to see what there is15:26
smspillazthere's "Draw" with "force_draw" dunno if that refers to the content or the presentation stage15:26
* smspillaz would like to avoid breaking its encapsulation if possible15:27
dandraderSaviq, updated https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity/phablet_remove_fakes_from_qml/+merge/158370. I bet something got merged in the meantime disabling use of "signals" keyword by Qt.15:32
Saviqdandrader, if it wasn't before, it should've been ;)15:33
Saviqdandrader, but yeah, we're doing -DQT_NO_KEYWORDS for compatibility reasons15:33
Saviqdandrader, s/emit/Q_EMIT/, too15:35
dandraderSaviq, done15:39
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|lunch
smspillazTrevinho: okay, just rebuilding nux now to give that a try15:42
Saviqtvoss, do we have html of the development guidelines published somewhere?15:59
=== dandrader|lunch is now known as dandrader
tvossSaviq, nope, moved it to the top of my list16:47
sil2100fginther: is it ok now? https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/android-audiosystem_add/+merge/15880616:50
fginthersil2100, sorry, got sucked into something else. I'll take a look now16:51
mhall119tvoss: ping16:52
mhall119tvoss: when is Unity Next development going to become our main focus, will that happen before the client sprint, or afteR?16:53
tvossmhall119, I think we are already focusing it :) but best to ask kgunn and Saviq for concrete timelines16:54
=== jasoncwarner__ is now known as jasoncwarner
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|EOD
didrocksmhall119: tvoss: it will be in the distro during June17:06
kgunnmhall119: its actually our main development focus now17:07
mhall119kgunn: good to hear!  So my next question is, what can I to do get more people in the community actively involved in it's development?17:18
kgunnmhall119: actually, for low hanging fruit fixme/todos17:19
kgunnmhall119: in this bp https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1303-unity-ui-iteration-017:20
kgunnmhall119: there is a link to a google doc (completely public)17:20
kgunnmhall119: which has a list of the todos/fixmes in the code that need to be addressed17:20
kgunnmhall119: and some estimate of difficulty etc17:21
seb128mterry, didrocks:
seb128sil2100, ^17:21
seb128from the last buggy run17:21
seb128screen is locked!17:21
didrocksseb128: let me restate… "it's all your fault"17:22
seb128we have an inhibit api17:22
seb128it's made to be used :p17:22
mhall119kgunn: do we have any documentation on the code layout, different components and what they do, what functionality is implemented where, etc?  Something to give new developers a understanding of the codebase as a whole?17:22
didrocksseb128: tssss, that's overrated ;)17:22
didrockssil2100: thomi: is there a way that autopilot in his setup have something to launch the inhibit api for avoiding screenlocking when using autopilot?17:23
kgunnmhall119: not really, its been in flux lately....but starting to settle....and since most of its qml....its not hard to figure out whats what17:24
Saviqtvoss, thanks, I have a QML set in the works, but it's still some work away17:25
sil2100didrocks, seb128: not sure, since I never used the inhibit API, would have to check how it's done17:26
Saviqmhall119, yeah, we try to name the components after what they are17:26
didrockssil2100: quite easy, I have a small snippet17:26
Saviqmhall119, and we are here all the time if people have questions17:26
Saviqor try to be17:26
didrockssil2100: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5710940/17:26
didrockssil2100: see test_inhibit()17:27
tvossSaviq, let's sync tomorrow on that topic17:28
Saviqtvoss, k17:28
didrockssil2100: but I think this need to be at the autopilot level, like a facility17:28
didrocksand called at the start of autopilot17:28
sil2100didrocks: thanks! Let me test something in Ap17:29
didrocksthanks ;)17:29
didrocksseb128: good catch!17:30
seb128didrocks, thanks ;-)17:30
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
agresterGot a quick question, I used to be able to maximize a window and it would hide the controls and title-bar in the panel which was awesome but now using 13.04 for some reason the window no longer maximizes normally, is there a setting for this?17:33
seb128didrocks, sil2100: other (easier) option, could be to "gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-lock-screen true"17:36
seb128that's what we do in e.g the guest session17:36
didrockssounds good to me :)17:36
sil2100Ok, we'll do that if this will be too troublesome anyway17:37
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
mhall119Saviq: kgunn: thanks17:57
sil2100Man, AP killed my system so many times...18:01
sil2100mterry: regarding https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/qtvideo-node/arches/+merge/15840518:32
sil2100mterry: we get a failure on quantal since there is no new libplatform-api-headers etc. available on quantal18:32
sil2100mterry: and as you already know, we can't disable it in CI18:33
sil2100So what I'm proposing:18:33
sil2100We could merge it in as it is, but then every merge would fail CI on trunk there, so I would propose to push a new libplatform-api-headers package for quantal to the daily-next PPA18:33
sil2100Same for libhybris (since I think this one also was problematic)18:34
sil2100mterry: this way CI would pull the new packages and not fail on quantal anymore - what do you think?18:34
mterrysil2100, we need to just run the daily job again after changing the config to support quantal18:35
mterrysil2100, that way the new platform-api will be in the ppa for quantal18:35
sil2100mterry: awesome18:40
sil2100mterry: will you take care of it?18:41
mterrysil2100, I think fginther said he was going to do that18:41
mterryI mean, change the config to support quantal18:41
sil2100mterry, fginther: thanks guys18:42
fginthermterry, I'd like a clarification.  'new platform-api will be in the ppa for quantal' what ppa are you referring to?18:46
mterryfginther, I'm talking about daily-next18:47
mterryOnce we enable quantal for it18:47
fginthermterry, are you aware that daily-next is not used for building CI?18:51
mterryfginther, I guess not...   :)  Doh.  What PPA do we use for CI?18:56
fginthermterry, it can vary per project, but for qtvideo-node, it's usingqt5-proper and phablet-team-ppa18:57
fginthermterry, we can change that, but I didn't want you to spend a lot of effort in supporting something that we may not be using w/o more changes18:57
mterryfginther, where is that specified?18:59
fginthermterry, by the "hooks" line19:00
mterryfginther, but we just landed my merge today that changed that19:00
mterryfginther, moved it into head/media.cfg19:00
fginthermterry, and I'm adding those back in my update19:01
mterryfginther, ah... but why drop daily-next from the list of PPAs when doing CI?19:02
fginthermterry, we don't drop it. Our CI tools just don't know to look at those 'ppa' and 'dest' values yet.19:04
mterryfginther, oh.  Huh.  So can we have a global hook that adds the daily-build-next PPA?  It seems like that should be used for CI19:05
mterryFor raring, I'd like the daily-build-next PPA to be self-sufficient (i.e. build without other PPAs)19:05
mterryI understand that for quantal, we'll need to have more stuff in there19:05
fginthermterry, yes, we need to figure out a way to do that and add it19:05
mterryBut even then, we could just put it into the daily-build-next PPA like we've done in raring19:05
fgintherthere may even be a bug, let me look19:05
mterryI'd like to not add the phablet PPA if possible19:06
fginthermterry, I understand, let me try and address the ppa issue first. We haven't yet deployed these changes in the media.cfg, so the old ci jobs will continue to work for the time being (I know that doesn't help your qtvideo MP)19:09
fginthermterry, do we need to add both "ppa: ubuntu-unity/daily-build-next" and "dest: ubuntu-unity/next" when building CI jobs?19:10
mterryfginther, CI jobs don't have a dest, right?19:12
fginthermterry, I simply don't know the purpose of those two PPAs19:12
fginthermterry, we just need a source to pull in deps19:12
mterryfginther, daily-build-next is pre-validation.  Dest is final, validated result.  For example, for the raring stack, the dest is raring I believe19:13
mterryfginther, for pulling in deps, daily-build-next is your ppa19:13
fginthermterry, thx19:17
kgunnSaviq: wondering, we may have missed 2 items on indicators19:18
kgunnSaviq: "account settings" & cell radio19:19
Saviqkgunn, at least cell radio is supposed to be handled by the network indicator19:19
kgunnSaviq: that makes sense19:20
Saviqkgunn, and by account settings you mean?19:20
kgunnSaviq: account settings i suppose is the little fluffy cloud on my desktop panel19:20
Saviqthat's sync19:20
SaviqI think we have that covered19:20
kgunnSaviq: you are right we do....looking at Seb's list19:21
kgunnSaviq: he called it account settings...i dont see a sync19:21
Saviqkgunn, line 41 in the draft monthly plan19:21
kgunnSaviq: right...if you look at the "services" tab....there is basically a duplicated structure that Jason & Seb are working on19:22
Saviqkgunn, indeed19:23
Saviqkgunn, so they're mostly stepping on thostr's toes rather than ours19:23
Saviqkgunn, and also I'm not sure indicators === settings19:24
Saviqor rather I expect settings(indicators)19:24
kgunnSaviq: sure...they are different, yet linked19:25
Saviqkgunn, yeah, I expect indicators to be a view into a subset of settings19:25
Saviqkgunn, that's not to say we should ignore them, not at all19:32
Saviqkgunn, at the very least we should look at the commonalities between them (will the indicators really be a subset of settings when it comes to used widgets, for example? how do we share them?)19:33
kgunnSaviq: i'm putting a note in on their page for when we think panel ui & backend are done19:33
kgunnon the month2month19:33
Saviqkgunn, but I haven't seen indicators designs even as rudimentary as those on the mentioned wiki19:34
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
smspillazslangasek: hey, still around? Thanks for the review, I'll deal with the easy bits though if you're around I can deal with some of the more complicated bits over IRC23:33

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!