mterryrobert_ancell, it's not a new problem; it's not a problem for any consumers right now.  But it is a problem for unity/phablet, which is how I ran into it00:28
mterryrobert_ancell, so I'd say it's good for 1.6 -- it seems bad to have public headers with symbols that might cause build failures00:28
robert_ancellmterry, ok, cool - can you do a MP for it?01:08
mterryrobert_ancell, sure01:09
robert_ancellthomi, hey, should Jenkins work for branches, e.g. lp:lightdm/1.6?01:39
thomirobert_ancell: I can make it work, but by default, no02:12
robert_ancellthomi, yeah, if you could enable that it would be handy - if possible for lp:lightdm/1.0, lp:lightdm/1.2, lp:lightdm/1.4, lp:lightdm/1.6,02:13
thomirobert_ancell: OK, I'll add them to the list. Won't be going until tomorrow though, since I don't have authority to re-deploy the CI jobs on jenkins03:59
robert_ancellthomi, that's fine03:59
thomirobert_ancell: should they all build with the same packaging branch as trunk?04:00
thomioh crap, I just realised we'll need separate packaging branches for each anyway04:01
robert_ancellthomi, no04:01
thomior the versions will get screwed up04:01
robert_ancellthomi, does unity or other projects use branches with CI?04:01
thomirobert_ancell: only ones that are being actively developed04:02
thomibackports are usually merged manually04:02
thomiat least, that was the case last time I looked, let me see...04:02
robert_ancellthomi, yeah, this would be backports. It's a nice-to-have but not as important as trunk04:02
robert_ancell1.6 is in raring and we could expect a few point releases based on previous times. 1.2 is in precise and could have some backports. The others are very unlikely to have any changes04:03
thomirobert_ancell: ok - I'll talk to Francis tomorrow and see if he has a nice solution for this.04:03
thomithis is why inline packaging makes our lives easier :)04:04
robert_ancellthomi, yeah :)04:04
pittiGood morning06:04
didrocksGuten Morgen pitti. How are you?06:06
pittididrocks: très bien, merci! j'aime le soleil06:07
didrockshéhé, pareil ici :)06:07
pittiI had a really nice weekend06:07
pittididrocks: how are you?06:07
didrockspitti: I'm good, thanks! Having some sun as well, and soon back on the balcony :)06:07
pittiwe did that the first time yesterday06:09
didrockssweet, I did the same for a couple of hours. I think I'll work a little bit longer today from it06:10
BigWhaleGood morning all.06:32
jibelgood morning06:50
didrockssalut jibel, ça va?06:53
jibelsalut didrocks ! Ça va bien et toi ?06:56
didrocksjibel: ça va bien :)06:56
jibeldidrocks, super, une bonne journée en perspective alors :)06:56
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
seb128hey desktopers07:36
didrockssalut seb128!07:36
seb128lut didrocks ;-)07:37
seb128Laney, good morning u.k ;-)08:01
seb128here too ;-)08:01
=== dupondje_ is now known as dupondje
seb128Laney, do you have any luck reviewing the unity updates? ;-)08:50
Laneydoing it atm08:51
* didrocks was wondering the same thing :)08:51
Laneytake a while having to manually get from the ppas08:51
pittibonjour seb1808:56
pittihey Laney08:56
Laneyhey pitti08:56
Laneyhow are you?08:56
pittiLaney: I had a great long weekend, thanks! how about yourself?08:56
seb128pitti, salut, ça va ?08:56
Laneygood! been enjoying the sun which has finally arrived08:57
pittiseb128: ça va très bien08:57
pittiseb128: feeling better today?08:57
pittiLaney: +100008:57
seb128pitti, not really yet, but not worth either08:58
seb128so maybe I'm a bit knocked out after all :p08:58
seb128Laney, gruh?09:05
LaneyI can't get the version of compiz that was uploaded because a new one has gone to the PPA and the old dcs now 404s09:05
Laneythe diff is just changelog though so doesn't matter in this case09:05
seb128Laney, commits are on https://code.launchpad.net/~compiz-team/compiz/0.9.909:06
seb128Laney, should be http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~compiz-team/compiz/0.9.9/revision/3648 only09:06
Laneyit would be ideal to get the actual source package though09:06
seb128take the current one, it should be identical09:06
seb128but yeah09:06
seb128that sucks a bit09:06
Laneyis, but for a no-change changelog09:06
Laneywhich isn't pushed to the branch yet09:06
didrocksright, as the tests didn't finish09:07
Laneynot worried about that per se, just that LP makes it annoying to get the source of copies from the queue09:07
didrocksif it was making that easy, it would be easy as well to avoid "rereupload"09:08
didrockswithout putting a bunch of custom code…09:08
Laneyseems like .dscs are actually removed more aggressively than we thought too09:08
Laneyat least it seems the .15 one is now gone09:09
didrocksLaney: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/137427712/unity_7.0.0daily13.04.15-0ubuntu1.dsc ?09:10
Laneycan you find that out without knowing it beforehand?09:11
LaneyI got the URL from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-unity/+archive/daily-build/+packages and changed 16 to 15 :P09:12
didrocksLaney: I'm looking at superseeded packages09:12
didrocksgoing through the list09:13
Laneyah! yes!09:13
seb128Laney, you can't just change version numbers in the url like that, the random digits in the middle change as well09:14
Laneyactually my problem was that I put ~13.04 on the url09:14
Laneywhich was added between 15 and 1609:14
didrocksLaney: on the ~ stuff: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DailyRelease/FAQ#modification_for_maintenance_branch09:19
* Laney nods09:19
chrisccoulsongood morning09:25
didrockshey chrisccoulson!09:26
chrisccoulsonhey didrocks, how are you?09:26
didrockschrisccoulson: I'm ok, thanks! Yourself?09:27
chrisccoulsondidrocks, tired. i've just power walked back from the garage after taking my car there ;)09:27
didrockschrisccoulson: is the garage far away?09:28
seb128chrisccoulson, hey, how are you?09:28
chrisccoulsondidrocks, it's not that far away. a couple of miles according to google maps ;)09:29
chrisccoulsonseb128, yeah, not too bad thanks09:29
chrisccoulsonannoyed that i got a puncture this morning though ;)09:29
seb128what for?09:30
seb128puncture, garage ... busy morning!09:30
chrisccoulsonseb128, yeah, i dropped my daughter off at pre-school this morning, and noticed on the way home that the car was really stiff to turn right09:32
chrisccoulsonso i got out and noticed the nail sticking out of the front nearside tyre :(09:32
seb128chrisccoulson, well, at least it's not raining ;-)09:34
chrisccoulsonyeah, that's a good thing. especially as i didn't have my coat09:34
chrisccoulsonit's quite warm this morning :)09:34
chrisccoulsoni probably could have walked to my daughters pre-school, but i don't think she'd like to walk the 3 miles09:34
seb128well, just carry her on your back ;-)09:36
didrocksextra exercise!09:37
BigWhaleWell, when I was her age ...09:38
seb128new unity in \o/09:43
seb128Laney, thanks for the reviews ;-)09:43
* Laney wipes sweat from brow09:43
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|tea
=== alan_g|tea is now known as alan_g
czajkowskihmm on latest update I seem to have lost sound any reason as to why10:17
seb128what did you upgrade? does it come back after a reboot?10:18
czajkowskiseb128: morning just run updates this morning and about to do a reboot, that daft red triangle still is showing saying I  have updates, but I've run it mannualy and there are no more updates fr me10:19
czajkowskirebooting now10:19
czajkowskiseb128: ah we have sound again sorry for noise10:24
seb128czajkowski, no problem, sorry you had to reboot to get it back10:30
* xnox unity is just like James Bond now! http://youtu.be/gkNeQdLg6Nc11:07
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
xnoxtiheum: are you going to change the software updater icons direction as well to be clockwise to match the dash icon direction?11:20
xclaessewould be nice if the empathy icon in unity's dash could add in its context menu the conversations where I have a message11:45
xclaesseI get the "1" unread message sticker on the icon, but clicking the icon presents the chatroom window instead of the private chat window where I received the msg11:46
xclaesseempathy's icon is on the dash left/bottom of my screen, and I have to go top/right (the exact opposite) to open the messages indicator and click the converstaion11:47
xclaessealso, clicking the conversation in the indicator (top/right) sometimes opens the chat window in background11:49
xclaesseso I have to alt-tab to get it11:49
BigWhaleWhen I create a new .desktop entry in ./local/... what do I have to do for Dash to recognize it?11:52
seb128xclaesse, dash->launcher (the dash is the grid with the search entry you get when clicking on the ubuntu icon)11:56
seb128xclaesse, that's in raring? the focus issues are supposed to be fixed with the recent fixes from Trevinho :/11:56
seb128xclaesse, but yeah, having the messages listed in the launcher list would be nice11:57
xclaesseseb128, I don't understand what you mean with dash->launcher, what should I find there?12:01
Trevinhoxclaesse: yeah, focus issue is fixed here12:01
xclaesseseb128, it is raring, yes12:01
xclaesseupdated this morning12:01
seb128xclaesse, you wrote "the empathy icon in unity's dash ", you meant "launcher"12:02
xclaessebut did not restart session, so maybe I'm still running old version12:02
seb128xclaesse, the dash in the search ui and doesn't have a context menu12:02
xclaesseseb128, ah ok12:02
xclaesseyeah, was speaking about the launcher in the left panel12:02
Trevinhoseb128: ah... focus issue can't be fixed if indicator-messages in raring is not updated...12:02
seb128xclaesse, sorry for the confusion, I'm just trying to point the right vocabulary so we avoid confusions in the futur ;-)12:03
xclaesseok :)12:03
seb128Trevinho, what do you mean "not updated"?12:03
Trevinhoseb128: https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-messages/+bug/811461 this doesn't seem to have landed12:03
ubot2Launchpad bug 811461 in indicator-messages (Ubuntu) "overlaped windows are not showed after clicking on item in message menu" [Low,In progress]12:03
seb128Trevinho, https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-messages/12.10.6daily13.04.09-0ubuntu112:03
Trevinhoseb128: ah ok... so it was just a not-released bug by bot..12:04
seb128Trevinho, yeah, it seems like the bot doesn't handle well having several bugs linked to a commit maybe?12:05
Trevinhoseb128: yeah, maybe...12:05
seb128xclaesse, summary: the focus issues should be fixed if you upgrade to the current version and restart your session12:05
seb128xclaesse, the launcher list would be nice to have, agreed12:06
* Sweetshark dances to the left.12:06
* Sweetshark dances to the right.12:06
xclaesseseb128, good. I'll let you know if still happens after restart then :)12:06
seb128Sweetshark, hey12:06
seb128Sweetshark, what is the dancing for? ;-)12:06
ogra_timewarp !12:06
* Sweetshark seems to have found at least a hotfix for bug 1064962/bug 1085169.12:07
ubot2Launchpad bug 1064962 in libreoffice (Ubuntu Quantal) "[SRU] Global menubar items do not work when opening a document directly from nautilus with no LibreOffice instance running" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106496212:07
ubot2Launchpad bug 1085169 in libreoffice (Ubuntu) "LibreOffice Menus Stop Working even with libreoffice>=1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu4 and indicator-appmenu>=12.10.3-0ubuntu2.1" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108516912:07
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
SweetsharkEvery problem in computing can be solved with an additional layer of abstraction. Except the problem of too many layers of abstractions.12:15
SweetsharkIf I ever go on a rampage, it will be because someone yet again thought it would be a bright idea to use lots of needless and stacked observer-pattern and threading ...12:17
=== sil2100_ is now known as sil2100
pitticyphermox: hey Mathiey13:06
pitticyphermox: "Mathieu"13:07
pitticyphermox: could you please give me a quick guidance when to commit to NM's "ubuntu" and "ubuntu.raring" branches?13:07
pitticyphermox: I committed test changes to ubuntu, and merged them into ubuntu-raring this morning for an upload13:07
pitticyphermox: but ubuntu has two changes which aren't in ubuntu.raring yet, but ubuntu.raring also has changes which aren't in ubuntu13:08
pittiand of course a diverging changelog13:08
pittiso that's quite confusing13:08
cyphermoxpitti: there shouldn't be bits in ubuntu.raring that aren't in the archive13:39
didrockshey kenvandine13:39
cyphermoxubuntu.raring is the correct branch for raring, the other one is stuff I was preparing for S13:39
didrockskenvandine: how are you?13:40
kenvandinehey didrocks13:42
kenvandineand you?13:42
didrockskenvandine: I'm ok :)13:44
didrockskenvandine: I think you saw that friends had the publish failing? (probably due to a bad launchpad connection at the time of the publish)13:44
kenvandineyeah, i was going to retry it13:45
didrockskenvandine: I think you just need to retry it, yeah13:45
didrockskenvandine: ah, also, FYI Mirv bootstrapped the sdk package and I put under daily for S13:45
didrocks(I hoped we would have it for raring, but well…)13:45
kenvandinebetter not to i think :)13:46
didrocksyw ;)13:46
kenvandinei had proposed a branch weeks ago adding it, but never got merged13:46
kenvandinethat was before reorg of the stacks, so wouldn't apply anymore13:46
didrockskenvandine: urgh?13:46
didrockskenvandine: but the commit bootstrap was missing, and the package wasn't ready13:46
didrocksit was native, and so on13:46
kenvandinemaybe that never got merged either...13:47
kenvandineshare-app is ready for cu2d :)13:47
kenvandineand merged13:47
kenvandinei need to get it setup in jenkins13:47
didrockskenvandine: sweet, please go ahead13:47
kenvandinei wish we could do that ourselves13:47
didrockskenvandine: you could do it :)13:48
didrockswhy can't you?13:48
kenvandineoh, i can?13:50
kenvandinei thought i had to ask someone to setup the views?13:50
didrockskenvandine: yeah, for the view, as per the doc, but that's just a UI thing13:50
didrockskenvandine: you can deploy all the rest13:50
kenvandinethe rest is done :)13:50
didrocksand have it daily releasing :)13:51
didrockskenvandine: I deployed all the stacks13:51
didrockskenvandine: even empty13:51
kenvandinedidrocks, i'm working on unity-lens-people now, but there is a bit of an issue13:51
kenvandineit requires the phablet branches of libunity and unity13:51
didrockskenvandine: https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/document/d/18lpjwbYyT-d86utOaiMAd4PcC3EWrTqrvUUV5V86uww/edit is telling to put share-app in the app stack13:51
didrockskenvandine: so no views to deal with, the stack already exists :)13:52
didrockskenvandine: you just need to file the autopilot/test parts :)13:52
kenvandineoh right... then it should be there13:52
didrockskenvandine: oh? no way to have them running with unity compiz?13:52
didrocksno renderer?13:52
didrocksok, so prepare it13:53
didrocksand put it aside, we'll land it when we'll land unity phablet13:53
didrocks(mid june)13:53
didrockskenvandine: don't forget the spreadsheet for https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuDk72Lpx8U5dFVVX1BOYm1qdUtyX2xUNmdwWlhTS0E#gid=0 :)13:54
didrocks(for share-app)13:54
kenvandinewhat do i need to do on the spreadsheet?13:55
kenvandinemark it as done?13:55
didrockskenvandine: filing all the columns?13:56
kenvandineoh, that was a different document :)13:56
pitticyphermox: right, but there are bits in the ubuntu branch which aren't in raring13:58
cyphermoxsuch as?13:59
cyphermoxthere really shouldn't be... and doesn't seem to be from what I see in the branch right now..13:59
didrockscyphermox: hey, HUD still have some failures on some archs. do you mind looking at it? sil2100 is really busy with other autopilot work and fixing stacks binaries to install for tests AFAIK14:05
mlankhorstenough x for now14:07
ogra_moving on to y ?14:07
mlankhorstseems more likely to be called mir14:07
cyphermoxdidrocks: yeah14:10
didrockscyphermox: good luck ;)14:10
* sil2100 is still lunching right now14:23
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|tea
tkamppetermlankhorst, hi14:47
tkamppetermlankhorst, is there any progress on bug 1068994, bug 1015183, https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=56578?14:48
ubot2Freedesktop bug 56578 in Server/Input/Core "race condition with active/passive grabs when opening menus with touch" [Normal,Assigned]14:48
ubot2Launchpad bug 1068994 in OEM Priority Project raring "button1 gets stuck after a while" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106899414:48
ubot2Launchpad bug 1015183 in xorg-server (Ubuntu) "Inconsistent mouse events for Acer T231H multitouch monitor" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/101518314:48
=== alan_g|tea is now known as alan_g
mlankhorsttkamppeter: yeah I've been playing around with it this week14:48
mlankhorstdown to 1 xserver crash :p14:49
tkamppetermlankhorst, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Twist for some time, which generally works well (it's a Thinkpad), but in its tablet mode the touchscreen easily loses sensitivity for clicks, probably due to mentioned bugs.14:49
mlankhorsttkamppeter: right now I'm down to a single corruption bug :/14:49
mlankhorstvery easy to trigger too14:50
tkamppetermlankhorst, I have tried the patch mentioned in comment #17 of the Freedesktop bug, but the problem does not go away with it. Perhaps it survives some more clicks but not more.14:51
tkamppetermlankhorst, do you have any PPA, test package, ... for me to test?14:51
mlankhorstno, I just know that any corruption I was having on my macbook pro multitouch touchpad was fixed by it, but that the tegra is still breaking horribly14:52
mlankhorstno fun to test on tegra, too :S14:53
tkamppetermlankhorst, would be great if you could upload this patch state already, so that if you do not succeed the N7 in time that at least all the users of Intel-based convertibles and tablets have their touch fixed.14:54
mlankhorstI'm fairly sure it suffers from the same problem on intel, just don't have the hw to trigger it14:54
tkamppetermlankhorst, if you need someone to test on an Intel convertible, please make packages available to me and I test on the Twist.14:55
mlankhorsthm ok I'll make a diff :/14:56
tkamppetermlankhorst, a diff to the current xorg-server package?14:57
mlankhorsttkamppeter: it requires canonical-x/x-staging enabled, and unity from that ppa too (which is slightly older, so needs pinning)14:57
dednicktsdgeos: it seems that one of the chewieui indicators is crashing if i dont call start on the plugin: (14:59
mlankhorsttkamppeter: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5713363/ diff to the xserver in 1.1415:01
dednicktsdgeos: and there is a bit of a bug in the menuContent which cause it to be called earlier than it is with my15:01
mlankhorsttkamppeter: maybe also add http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-April/035878.html -- but honestly unsure about that one :P15:03
cyphermoxseb128: hey15:06
seb128cyphermox, hey15:07
cyphermoxseb128: do you know what's up with https://code.launchpad.net/~robert-ancell/indicator-session/lp-861171/+merge/137085 ?15:07
tsdgeosdednick: :-S15:07
dednicktsdgeos: indeed15:07
cyphermoxjust checking to make sure I'm not forgetting some reviews that could be done :)15:07
seb128cyphermox, not for raring for sure, I guess it can still be useful for the greeter mode so would be good to land early in S15:08
cyphermoxok, then I'll reject this one, and we can file it again for trunk if it's not15:09
mlankhorstoh, valgrind can be a gdbserver too, nice15:09
tkamppetermlankhorst, thanks for the patch, but the xorg-server package is only 1.13. Is there a 1.14 package for applying the patch somewhere?15:10
tkamppetermlankhorst, sorry, have seen your x-staging PPA thingy only now. Is that 1.14?15:17
mlankhorstcanonical-x/x-staging is15:24
seb128Sweetshark, qengho, didrocks, Laney, kenvandine, mlankhorst, cyphermox, mterry, robru, tkamppeter, attente, desrt: hey, it's meeting time15:30
kenvandinehey hey hey15:30
seb128I hope everybody is fine15:30
seb128let's get started15:31
seb128Sweetshark, hey15:31
Sweetsharkseb128: working on bug 1085169, 4.0.2 is in raring EOF15:31
ubot2Launchpad bug 1085169 in libreoffice (Ubuntu) "LibreOffice Menus Stop Working even with libreoffice>=1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu4 and indicator-appmenu>=12.10.3-0ubuntu2.1" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108516915:31
Sweetsharkseb128: s/working on/have a hotfix, looking for a clean fix/15:32
seb128Sweetshark, good work on 4.0.215:32
seb128Sweetshark, thanks15:32
seb128qengho, hey15:32
qengho- testing specialty hardware.15:32
qengho- chromium-browser release, several days behind.  Security update, also fixing build size, nss dynamic-loading breakage on ARMHF, new breakage on lucid in link-time file-descriptor exhaustion. More cross-compiling work.15:32
qenghoOnly the f-d exhaustion is a unsolved problem.15:32
pittic'est l'heure du glace !15:33
seb128pitti, non, c'est l'heure du weekly meeting :-(15:33
seb128pitti, enjoy!15:33
mlankhorstc'est l'heure de la bierre!15:33
pittiseb128: already done :)15:33
seb128qengho, thanks15:34
seb128didrocks, hey15:34
didrocks* some processes work on cupstream2distro and update to better work between a R and S series (even landing in another ppa)15:34
didrocks* some daily release general maintenance15:34
didrocks* touch apps in raring discussion, some clarification with what we are going to land when and how15:34
didrocks* help on touch apps bootstrap15:34
seb128didrocks, thanks15:35
seb128Laney, hey15:35
LaneyA lot of release work reviewing the queue and FFes, and discussions around uploads.15:35
Laney• Some help with outstanding transitions to get proposed in a good shape15:35
Laney• Finished the first cut of porting indicator-session to logind; try it out at ppa:laney/experimental or get the code from lp:~laney/indicator-session/logind-port15:35
Laney• Now working on porting lightdm. A contributor (Peter de Ridder) did a lot of the work and Robert also did some for shutdown/reboot. lp:~laney/lightdm/logind15:35
desrtseb128: i have to leave this room in 25 minutes15:35
seb128Laney, thanks15:36
seb128desrt, ok, you're up then ;-)15:36
desrtso i spent the entire week at desktop summit15:36
desrtgot a whole lot agreed between us, gnome, kde15:36
desrtand we'll have a lot of concrete deliverables to show for it15:36
desrtthe big ones are that we have a spec for using dbus to launch applications so we can have applications as dbus services15:37
desrtwhich will make quite a lot of things very much nicer -- including starting apps for things like receiving push notifications, etc.15:37
desrtwe also agreed on a spec for caching/indexing desktop files15:37
desrtso this will vastly reduce the amount of seeking done when unity starts up and needs to read them all in15:37
seb128years after the first version from pitti ;-)15:38
desrtalso reduces memory consumption since it will now be possible to use the things directly out of the mmap cache, without copying... so everyone shares15:38
desrtalso got agreement on some minor things like a spec for figuring out the size of the trash in an efficient way15:38
desrtso we can give "your trash is getting too big.  empty it?" warnings15:38
desrtalso got stefw to agree to add a accountsservice feature for storing arbitrary data (so we can drop our patches to add custom fields)15:39
qenghodesrt: (some facility for automatic purging after some age would be good too.)15:39
desrtalso got lennart to agree on adding a timestamped version of the suspend API in systemd so we can get the double-suspend issue in logind fixed up properly15:39
seb128qengho, gnome-settings-daemon does that15:39
desrtalso got lennart to agree to some changes to the kdbus API he's working on to make it possible for me to implement it :)15:40
desrtand some changes for the nss-myhostname in order to allow us to drop /etc/hosts15:40
desrtthose are the major things that i remember.  probably about 100 other things15:40
desrti guess the big important thing here is that we've sort of revived the xdg process for getting things done15:40
seb128did you see that slangasek disagree libnss-myhostname ?15:40
desrtand we will be paying attention on the ML and updating specs much better now than we used to15:41
desrtno.  i didn't see that.15:41
desrtwhat's the issue?15:41
seb128he doesn't like having a nss module for that15:41
desrti guessed as much.  why? :)15:41
seb128he thinks that whatever is changing the hostname should update /etc/hosts as well15:41
ubot2Launchpad bug 1162478 in libnss-myhostname (Ubuntu) "[FFe] [MIR] libnss-myhostname" [Undecided,New]15:41
desrti think /etc should be empty by default :)15:41
seb128desrt, anyway, not a topic for this meeting15:42
desrti'll talk to him15:42
seb128thanks for the detailed summary15:42
desrtEOF from me15:42
seb128desrt, thanks15:42
seb128kenvandine, hey15:42
kenvandine * Fixed OSK handling during login in signon-ui15:42
kenvandine * Rebased no-widgets work in signon-ui on trunk15:42
kenvandine * Generalized script for adding online accounts in the touch images15:42
kenvandine * Fixed autopilot tests in share-app15:42
kenvandine * Packaging updates to share-app for daily releases15:42
kenvandine * Code review and some cleanup of unity-lens-people15:42
kenvandine /EOF15:43
seb128kenvandine, thanks15:43
seb128mlankhorst, hey15:43
mlankhorstI finished support for nouveau mir, which works for me with some pending kernel patches. I'm having less success with the touch bug tkamppeter mentioned earlier, rebuilding things like xserver on arm is no fun, constantly running into limits or lack of open source video drivers. ;( Did a few more video card tests of mesa for the FFe today.15:43
seb128mlankhorst, @nouveau/Mir: great ;-)15:44
seb128mlankhorst, thanks15:44
=== francisco is now known as Guest86369
seb128cyphermox, hey15:44
cyphermoxso not lots to say; I was doing more work on hud/libhud-qt and testing this on touch, making sure we really could build it from the trunk branch15:44
mlankhorst(grab http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~mlankhorst/linux/log/?h=for-airlied-next if you have radeon/nouveau and want to keep the scanout buffer vram instead of main memory)15:45
cyphermoxturns out it wasn't so obvious and that ate away at my time quite fast15:45
cyphermoxhud sitll has some tests failing15:45
robrucyphermox, hud is so broken on my system... :-/15:45
seb128cyphermox, thanks15:46
cyphermoxrobru: touch hud ;)15:46
seb128mterry, hey15:46
mterry- Helped daily-release effort with a bunch of fixes and config changes15:46
mterry- Worked on LightDM branch for Unity Next15:46
mterry- Tested mesa SRU for 12.0415:46
mterryWhich doesn't seem like much15:46
mterryBut there's a lot in that first item15:46
didrocksrobru: you should ping ted for more help ;)15:46
didrocksmterry: FYI, tomorrow, the daily release will have the mirrored bfb icon15:46
mterryAlso, dodged bombs15:46
didrocksmterry: so we really need it to land before final freeze :)15:46
mterrydidrocks, mirrord bfb icon?  ok15:47
didrocksmterry: we had some autopilot issues, seb128, sil2100 and I looked at them15:47
didrocksso hopefully, it will be merged by tomorrow and more stable15:47
seb128mterry, oh, right, not a good day for Boston, I didn't even ask if you are alright ... I guess you are since you are there ;-)15:47
mterrydidrocks, nvidia bailed last night, but hopefully will work tomorrow15:47
didrocksseb128: you didn't check that he was online? bad bad seb :p15:47
mterryseb128, yeah, everyone I know is ok15:47
seb128mterry, good to read15:47
didrocksmterry: we know, we spent 2 hours connected ;)15:47
robrumterry, glad to hear that15:47
didrocks(for nvidia)15:48
mterrydidrocks, right15:48
seb128mterry, those failing run have things blocking and the screensaver kicking in and everything going wrong then15:48
seb128mterry, sil2100 did a few fixes, let's see if that helps15:48
seb128mterry, thanks15:49
seb128robru, hey15:49
robru* Simplified a community-contributed patch to help support Sohu in Friends, added test coverage as well (not a full Sohu plugin, just a minor architectural change necessary to support it).15:49
robru* Started work on Sphinx support for pretty documentation of Friends15:49
robru* Fix an off-by-one error preventing you from tweeting exactly 140 chars.15:49
robru* Resolve t.co links15:49
robru* Change binding of Esc key in friends-app (but toolkit bug prevents it from being perfect, filed bug upstream)15:49
robru* Fix some data missing from retweets.15:49
robru* Limit notification spam on Friends first run.15:49
robru* Fixed a custom debugging tool I wrote for Friends that bitrotted slightly.15:49
robru* Sooooo much bug triage... we have been flooded with duplicate bug reports since our MIR was approved ;-)15:49
robruOther things:15:49
robru* Fix s/pointing_device/mouse/g in webbrowser-app autopilot tests.15:49
robru* Enabled autolanding of webbrowser-app15:49
robru* Pushed approximately ONE MEEEEELLION Quantal SRUs for webapps stack.15:49
robru* Started launchpad recipe for daily snapshots of lp:emacs ;-)15:49
kenvandineoh yeah... those webapps SRUs... painful!15:50
seb128you guys should get the webapps autolanding done, would spare work over time ;-)15:51
seb128robru, thanks15:51
seb128tkamppeter, hey15:51
kenvandineseb128, oh yeah!15:51
tkamppeter - Investigating and fixing bugs for the Raring release15:52
tkamppeter - cups-filters 1.0.34 released: Fixed duplex printing with multiple copies, to not have the first page of the second copy on the back of the last page of the first copy.15:52
tkamppeter - CUPS USB backend: Quirk rules to make 6 additional USB printers work15:52
tkamppeter - CUPS: Added fix for web administration interface15:52
tkamppeter - system-config-printer: Fixed presentation of remote CUPS servers under the dtected network printers15:52
tkamppeter - Testing tablet mode on Lenovo Thinkpad Twist with mlankhorst, suffering mouse-button-stuck-down bug 1068994.15:52
ubot2Launchpad bug 1068994 in OEM Priority Project raring "button1 gets stuck after a while" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106899415:52
seb128tkamppeter, thanks15:53
seb128attente, hey15:53
attenteseb128, hey15:53
attentespent the last week patching packages and uploading them to ppa:attente/indicator-keyboard15:53
attenteon-going: trying to get the dynamically generated icons to appear properly in the indicator and menu15:53
attentethe ppa is here for anyone who wants to try it (icons still broken): https://launchpad.net/~attente/+archive/indicator-keyboard15:53
seb128I will try the ppa in the next days and let you know how that goes15:54
attentethanks seb12815:55
seb128attente, thanks (and good luck with the dynamic icons)15:55
seb128did I forgot anyone this week? ;-)15:55
seb128otherwise it's my turn15:55
seb128* Investigated some raring translations issues (templates missing/outdated, code bugs)15:55
seb128* Updated fluendo mp3 codecs to the partner archive for raring (support gstreamer 1.0)15:55
seb128* Helped investigating/fixing some of the universe ftbfs issues15:55
seb128* Patch pilot half-day15:55
seb128* Raring updates and bugs fixing15:55
seb128 15:56
Laneyare we getting a universe fluendo for 1.0?15:56
seb128ok, any other topic ?15:56
seb128Laney, nothing blocking it I guess? the source is available, anyone can do the update15:56
Laneyfair enough15:57
seb128Laney, it might be worth pinging slomo to know if that's planned for debian?15:57
didrocksmterry: kenvandine: robru: cyphermox: reminder that all touch stack should be in daily release, with autopilot tests for those having some running by EOW ;)15:57
didrocksmterry: kenvandine: robru: cyphermox: also, we are near hard freeze, I think we should go to force manual publishing from now on. There is a little configuration to add to the scripts + redeploy every raring stack. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DailyRelease/MovingNewRelease#Final_Freeze_of_a_release15:57
didrocksend of announces ;)15:57
kenvandinedidrocks, indeed... i am not going to get unity-lens-people in though15:58
kenvandinebecause of the unity depends15:58
mterrydidrocks, OK, I can propose a big manual mode for raring suite15:58
didrocksmterry: would be perfect!15:58
didrocksmterry: there is only one that I deployed until now, the one I bootstrapped as an example :)15:58
mterrydidrocks, autopilot for touch stack is a problem.  I'd heard that a branch had been written for adding the missing deps, but I don't see that in the config trunk15:59
mterrydidrocks, should I write that too?15:59
didrocksmterry: it's not lp:autopilot?16:00
didrocksmterry: IIRC, this is is bootstrapped in head/misc16:00
mterrydidrocks, no, I mean, the cu2d-config is missing the full set of deps introduced by, say, mediaplayer-app-autopilot16:00
mterrySo the job fails16:00
Laneyseb128: did you have to do much porting to the gcc proxy patch? have you tested it?16:00
didrocksmterry: ah, sil2100 is working on it16:00
mterryOK, couldn't remember who was16:01
didrocksmterry: was supposed to be done by yesterday16:01
didrocksbut the branch proposed this morning has an issue16:01
seb128Laney, I didn't have to do "much", but I fixed some bugs on the way, and yes, tested it with manual/auto/none and manual by letting some fields empty etc16:01
didrocksthe ffmepg one we are discussing on the touch stack16:01
sil2100mterry: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/stack_package_dependency_additions/+merge/15911016:01
mterrydidrocks, We will also have autopilot failures until we can add the daily-next PPA to the CI job.  Because hud2 is in daily-next, but hud1 is in phablet-ppa16:01
mterrydidrocks, so CI can't approve my branches that move to hud216:02
seb128Laney, 90% of the code is untouched compared to what we have before, it's just plugged at difference places16:02
sil2100mterry: but we're discussing the -ffmpeg issue16:02
mterrydidrocks, but autopilot will fail because it uses hud216:02
mterrydidrocks, fginther is working on it16:02
Laneyseb128: I'll let it through because it would be bad if we didn't have this feature but it is quite late (not blaming you)16:02
didrocksmterry: CI should use the same ppa and don't have another configuration16:03
didrocksmterry: that's what I told fginther some days ago16:03
mterrydidrocks, you and I are on the same page16:03
seb128Laney, yeah, sorry about that, I almost let it slip but I figured it wouldn't be nice and finally took some time to update that patch today16:03
seb128Laney, but not for next cycle, I'm not taking an update with patches commented16:03
didrocksmterry: ok, so autopilot is getting fix for hud2 as we speak?16:03
seb128we will just block until the porting is done ;-)16:03
Laneyor at least take it with work items to port them ...16:04
mterrydidrocks, I have a bunch of merges for some of the apps, but they all can't be approved because CI fails (it doesn't use the PPA with hud2)16:04
mterryI had these last week, but have been waiting for CI to clear16:04
didrocksmterry: oh excellent news (and not excellent to have to wait :/) ;)16:04
didrocksfginther: any ETA for using the right ppa? ^16:04
seb128not sure if we officially ended the meeting, but let's wrap and just continue those discussions as informal ones16:04
* fginther fells the heat16:04
seb128thanks everyone16:04
* fginther *feels* the heat16:05
mterryfginther, sorry, don't mean to put this on you16:05
didrocksfginther: and again, we really need to talk about streamling the CI to have less options and easier to read configuration file :)16:05
didrocksseb128: thanks ;)16:05
fgintherdidrocks, I hope to have it working by eod16:05
didrocksfginther: great! keep us posted16:05
didrocksmterry: so tomorrow we can try to big merge (tm)16:05
didrocksmterry: and start a stack?16:06
fgintherdidrocks, and yes, the configs are a mess, too many special cases we're supporting right now16:06
didrocksto see if autopilot behaves…16:06
didrocksfginther: yeah, I'm sure we can put that in code, like all the "collect coverity files"16:06
mterrydidrocks, start a stack?16:06
fgintherdidrocks, but I would definately appreciate other improvements we can discuss16:06
mterrydidrocks, sure16:06
didrocksmterry: yeah, like starting autopilot on the apps stack and see :p16:06
didrocksfginther: sweet, let's plan that for the sprint16:06
didrocksfginther: a fresh eye with someone not in the process can help :)16:07
mterrydidrocks, ok16:07
* didrocks waves good evening16:16
=== mhall119 is now known as mhall119|lunch
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|life
=== mhall119|lunch is now known as mhall119
mhr3cyphermox, ping?17:28
ogra_chrisccoulson, do you still plan a chromium upload before final freeze ?17:37
ogra_qengho, ^^^17:38
qenghoogra_: if possible.  There's a security update coming in a few days after that.  You're asking because of ARMHF support, yes?17:39
ogra_well, armhf is fine ... but i had someone ask why we disabled webrtc after 2217:40
ogra_would be nice to switch that back on i guess17:40
qenghohrm. I think that was before my time.  I'll check on it, ogra_.17:41
ogra_thx ... if its just a flag we should re-enable it17:41
ogra_else dont bother :)17:41
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
seb128mterry, do we have some sort of autolanding for update-manager? or should I just commit/push like in old times?18:48
mterryseb128, I committed, pushed, and uploaded to raring18:49
mterryseb128, no autolanding yet18:49
seb128mterry, oh, so you are my personal autolander? nice! ;-)18:50
mterryseb128, :)18:50
qenghoDoes the Compose key work for anyone with Raring right now?19:03
qenghoSettings' kb map shows it, and I see Multi events.19:03
qenghoJust no interpretation.19:03
sarnoldof course I'm several days behind on updates..19:04
qenghoMe too.19:04
qenghoI have no idea where to start debugging Compose events.  :(  X itself?19:19
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
robruqengho, s£€ms fine tů mæ21:59
bryceqengho, Compose key really isn't handled by X.  I'd suggest starting with console-setup.22:17
bschaeferqengho, for raring on unity, Nux will be handing the compose keys22:18
popeybschaefer: is there a tool which allows you to see what window has focus when nux is involved? xdotool doesn't work once you use nux..22:22
bschaeferpopey, hmm well do you mean X focus? Cause Nux doesn't like to focus the right window for x...22:23
popeywell, i dont mean "x focus", I mean "focus is lost, how can I see what has it"22:23
popeyi mean, really, it seems to be a bug in nux, where the dash loses focus sometimes22:23
bschaeferoo right, well those bugs are always tricky hmm I usually have to put in print statements in unityshell.cpp to see who has it22:24
popeybug 116945422:24
ubot2Launchpad bug 1169454 in unity (Ubuntu) "Dash loses focus when navigating via keyboard" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/116945422:24
bschaeferyeeah, there could be a better way, buts its just the way i've used. hmm22:24
bschaeferpopey, does the dash still have focus X wise? And the focus is just lost with the dash widget?22:24
* bschaefer hasn't seen that bug22:24
popeywell, when i run xdotool it claims that no process is associated with the window which has focus22:25
popeyxdotool getwindowpid `xdotool getactivewindow`22:26
popeyfor example22:26
bschaefero really? Does it give you any sort of XID?22:26
bschaeferthat you can run throug xwininfo?22:26
bschaeferxwininfo -id22:26
popeyit does give an id, but then the getwindowpid complains that no process is associated22:27
bschaefervery strange, let me see if I can repro that bug22:27
bschaeferpopey, are you using the 100 scopes?22:31
popeydefault raring22:31
popeyno PPAs22:32
bschaeferodd, well I should make sure im fully updated. Ill move that bug up to High to see if anyone else can repro that22:32
popeyi mentioned a couple of possible dupes22:33
popeyso possibly others have already produced it22:33
bschaefercause that seems like a very annoying bug, and if you don't a cursor..something else must of stolen it...I wonder what...22:33
bschaefercool, ill take a look through the bugs to see22:33
popeyto be clear, the mouse cursor doesn't disappear22:33
popeyjust the highlight22:33
bschaefero, it must have just been hard to see in the video22:33
popeyyeah, i mis-spoke too22:34
bschaeferno worries, I thought I saw it missing in the video :)22:34
bschaeferoo this one has a wwaay easier way to repro something similar22:35
ubot2Launchpad bug 1124484 in unity (Ubuntu) "Dash loses keyboard focus during search" [Undecided,Confirmed]22:35
bschaeferpopey, also Trevinho just reproed it :)22:35
Trevinhopopey: is that appening during the model update or such?22:36
Trevinhopopey: I mean, with results coming...22:36
popeyyeah, thats it22:36
popeyi think so Trevinho22:36
popeyi found it easy to reproduce just after boot up22:37
popeyharder the 2nd/3rd time after it happened, to get a video22:37
Trevinhopopey: mh... intresting yeah22:37
Trevinhopopey: have you ever noticed this before raring?22:37
bschaeferseem like hitting Esc is an easy way to repro as well, but that could be different22:37
popeyTrevinho: hard to say, i can boot into precise here to try to22:38
bschaefertype: "up", press down once, hit esc, key focus lost22:38
Trevinhopopey: ok, no worry... Just to know, as it seems quite easy to reproduce now22:38
popeyyeah, steve's is a much better bug report22:38
popeyfeel free to mark dupe ☻22:38
popeyas it likely is22:39
* bschaefer can only repro it when hitting esc :(22:39
bschaeferTrevinho, do you think its a repro of the other one?22:39
=== ayan_ is now known as ayan
Trevinhobschaefer: no, I think it's a different thing...22:42
bschaeferTrevinho, alright, well Ill triage that other bug, as i can repro it very easily22:43
Trevinhobschaefer: i fixed that one for some keystrokes some cycles ago (for meta keys), but that seems another one22:43
Trevinholet me check better22:43
bschaeferpossibly the Esc was missed?22:43
bschaeferseems like we set keyboard focus to NULL in nux, and we should be setting it to the search bar22:43
Trevinhobschaefer: ah, mh... not sure, probably these two very similar bugs when it comes to the result, but the cause can be different22:44
Trevinhobschaefer: so.. for now let's keep them split22:44
bschaeferTrevinho, agree22:44
* bschaefer already triaged it :)22:45
popeythanks for looking chaps, much appreciated22:48
bschaefernp, thanks for bringing it up :)22:48
Trevinhopopey: also if you want to test, this is about one report you did... https://code.launchpad.net/~3v1n0/bamf/fix-chromeless-matching-for-webapps22:54
Trevinhopopey: unfortunately there's still some icons "flickering", but we can't avoid that since the webapps are slow to be recognized22:55

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!