darkxstpitti, currently removing libpam-systemd breaks gnome-shell since the upstart script is still run, is there anything we can do about that?02:47
pittigood morning03:38
pittidarkxst: you mean if you remove it, but not purge?03:38
darkxstpitti, yes03:39
pittidarkxst: we could change the upstart job to check whether libpam-systemd is actually installed03:39
darkxstits on staging now, but requires the manual purge step if people want to remove it03:39
thumperpitti: isn't it around 5:30am for you?03:39
pittithumper: yes03:39
pittidarkxst: so, it's a relatively simple fix, but I think at this point it needs to become an SRU03:39
thumperpitti: oh, and hai03:40
pittidarkxst: if you can file a bug for it, I'll upload a fix03:40
darkxstpitti, ok, thanks03:40
pittithumper: my wife gets up at 5, and now that it becomes summer I slowly adapt to getting up early, too :)03:40
* thumper nods03:40
lifelesspitti: is she sadistic?03:43
pittilifeless: not in general, just an early bird :)03:43
darkxstpitti, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/117169103:44
ubot2Launchpad bug 1171691 in systemd (Ubuntu) "Removing libpam-systemd (without purge) breaks system" [Undecided,New]03:44
pittidarkxst: thanks03:47
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
pittidarkxst: I uploaded a fix05:39
darkxstpitti, great! thanks05:43
darkxstpitti, suspend on lid closed is handled in logind?07:34
pittidarkxst: yes; gnome-settings-daemon's power plugin can set an inhibitor in some cases, but generally logind does that07:35
seb128hey desktopers07:35
pittibonjour seb12807:36
seb128lut pitti, ca va bie n?07:36
didrockssalut pitti, seb128!07:36
pittiseb128: oui, merci ! et toi ?07:36
pittibonjour didrocks07:36
seb128lut didrocks07:36
seb128pitti, je vais bien, merci ;-)07:36
darkxstpitti, it should work? (beacuse it isnt)07:39
pittidarkxst: I haven't tested that yet; if it doesn't work, I guess that's something which again depends on systemd init, so we need a fallback07:40
=== czajkows1i is now known as czajkowski
darkxstpitti, seems to use the same target as a normal suspend, but its not firing for some reason07:51
darkxstperhaps its being inhibited for some reason? but I can't see anything logged ;(07:58
pittidarkxst: you can try from gdm/lightdm, or from a VT08:00
darkxstpitti, nope doesnt work there either08:02
pittiso I guess it relies on systemd-init to send the actual event08:02
Laneybonjour mes amis!08:02
pittiLaney: bonjour Laney, comment vas-tu aujourd'hui ?08:03
Laneytrès bien merci, et tu?08:03
pittije vais bien aussi08:04
pittimais je souhaite le retour du soleil08:04
didrockssalut Laney!08:05
highvoltageit will be back soon :)08:05
* didrocks apprécie le soleil ici08:05
pittila semaine prochaine nous allons être à California :)08:06
darkxstpitti, possibly, g-s-d does see the lid close event, so I guess we deal with it there08:06
pittidarkxst: raring's g-s-d is built against CK, so it does do the lid handling itself, yes; I assumed you had your own 3.8 version built against logind?08:06
darkxstpitti, with a dbus call to org.gnome.logind1.suspend() perhaps?08:06
Laneyaujourd'hui j'ai soleil ici :-)08:07
pittidarkxst: no, raring's g-s-d calls upower08:07
darkxstpitti, yes we are built against 3.808:07
seb128Laney, salut08:07
Laneyhallo seb128! wie gehts?08:07
seb128Laney, gut, danke! und dir?08:07
Laneyprima! die Sonne scheint :-)08:08
Laneydarkxst: do a dbus-monitor while you suspend and see what calls are taking place08:13
Laneyassuming you've correctly enabled logind everywhere, that is08:14
seb128darkxst, hey08:15
seb128darkxst, re. libgweather, I looked at it a bit last week while I was trying to fix indicator-weather, it doesn't seem to use an online service for the locations but rely on the woeid to be in the db08:16
seb128darkxst, e.g https://git.gnome.org/browse/libgweather/commit/data/Locations.xml.in?id=349f453c9ac8c8b464b631b6c53e1de30932bc7708:16
seb128but there is only 1 location tagged for example so far08:17
seb128so that's not really useful08:17
darkxstseb128, oh I see, gnome-weather actually uses the yr.no provider08:17
darkxstalthough I though it also used yahoo if available08:18
darkxstLaney, logind is enabled and working fine, I am not seeing any relevent dbus calls when closing lid08:18
seb128well, using the service is easy, indicator-weather was doing that and can keep doing it08:18
seb128it only requires somebody to own the project and ask for an appid key08:19
czajkowskiseb128: jtv is about if you need to ask why a POT isn't importing, sorry catching up on reading mails just saw you comment on on on coe-doc08:26
darkxstLaney, when I use the actual suspend key there is a call to "prepareToSleep" on the logind1 service08:26
Laneydarkxst: that's logind telling you it's about to sleep08:26
Laneyif it's prepareToSleep "true" that is08:27
Laney"false" is when it's just finished sleeping (failed or succeeded)08:27
seb128czajkowski, hey, thanks, I was going to ask dpm08:27
czajkowskiusually I just fix the inport selection by sorting out the name if it's not there08:27
Laneydarkxst: you should be able to see whatever it is calling the Suspend method on logind if that's what's happening08:27
czajkowskibut I cant see those pages to help where as jtv will know in a second whats up08:27
dpmseb128, on a call, will look into it in a minute. Do you have more context, or is it on the scrollback comments?08:29
darkxstLaney, nope, all I see is that and "DelayInhibited"08:29
darkxstLaney, and when actually closing the lid, I see nothing08:29
seb128dpm, hey, no hurry08:29
Laneydarkxst: What does "dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.login1 --type=method_call /org/freedesktop/login1 --print-reply org.freedesktop.login1.Manager.CanSuspend" give you?08:30
seb128dpm, https://code.launchpad.net/~seb128/ubuntu-docs/updated-translations/+merge/160106/comments/35294408:30
darkxstLaney, that would be 'true'08:30
seb128dpm, those have a label "No import target selected yet.", dunno why08:30
Laneyshould be 'yes' 'no' or 'challenge'08:31
darkxstand calling org.freedesktop.login1.Suspend works08:31
Laneyright, so the problem must be in gsd somewhere then08:31
darkxstLaney, yes sorry the answer is 'yes'08:31
darkxstthere doesnt seem to be anything in gsd that fires the event08:32
darkxstso I guess its back to pitti's theory that the event comes from systemd init08:32
czajkowskiseb128: the templates aren't set I think08:33
didrockspitti: petite question sur les WI! How much work would it be to have the WI tracker to support [nameA,nameB,nameC] blablabla: TODO08:53
didrockspitti: this would duplicate the tracker status per person08:54
didrockshaving just one status08:54
didrocksI think there is the blueprint bot parser as well as the launchpad side to change?08:54
pittididrocks: I don't know about the LP side (for https://launchpad.net/people/+me/+upcomingwork), the parsing is all done in LP now08:54
didrockspitti: oh? no more cron then?08:55
pittididrocks: as for the DB side on status.u.c., it's a fundamental change as you would have to move from "a WI is assigned to a person" to "a set of persons"08:55
pittididrocks: and rewrite the whole thing with that in mind08:55
didrockspitti: well, internally, it can be duplicated in the db08:55
pittiso frankly, it's better to create a team and assign it to that08:55
pittididrocks: that would lead to wrong counts, though08:56
pittias that would count as three WIs08:56
pittiwhereas the intended meaning is certainly "this or that or that person should do it"08:56
didrockspitti: it's more "this is a topic, and those people are working on it"08:57
pittiwell, topic == BP, not WI08:57
didrockspitti: right, but a weekly BP seems overkill, especially when you will have few WI08:57
pittididrocks: so taking a step back, what is your interpretation of that syntax?08:57
didrockspitti: nameA, nameB and nameC are working together on that task08:58
didrockspitti: this would avoid having tons of WI like on https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1303-delivering-touch-apps-to-raring08:58
didrockspitti: those WI seems separated, but they are not08:58
didrocksand all is interleaved08:59
didrockslike transitionning to HUD2 is impacting a lot of components08:59
didrockswith "needs merge A, B and C"08:59
didrocksI think a WI for each is overkill08:59
didrocksespecially that we maybe need to merge D and E, so need to add a WI for the purpose of adding one08:59
didrockswhere fixing it will be few minutes08:59
pittiwhat's an example of duplication on that BP?09:00
pittiwell, you don't have to create WIs for a three-minute thing09:00
pittiyou can summarize them like "transition all ubuntu packages to libfoo2"09:01
pittididrocks: so "working together" means "any of the persons can do it" (that would be a team), or "this one WI is really three WIs for each assigned person" (that would be syntactic sugar for just expanding them)?09:02
didrockspitti: I think it would mean "those 3 persons are working together to get that WI done, but we don't know/care about the great each 3 minutes individual subitems to do it"09:04
didrockspitti: duplicating the same items 3 times for each person won't give that intent of "working together to get X done"09:04
pittididrocks: ok, so you mean the first interpretation09:04
didrocksbut it's not really a team as the ones we have per say09:05
pittiif it's such a trivial thing, why bother splitting it amongst n people?09:05
didrockscan involve some people from our team, PS, foundation09:05
didrockspitti: the task itself is not trivial, it's made of trivial things09:05
didrocksbut the total amount is a big task09:05
didrocksand we need tracking that one09:05
didrocksfor instance09:06
pittiso, I guess LP could make up teams on the fly for such groups09:06
pittibut TBH I don't see that happening09:06
didrocksI won't put "touch into S" as such09:06
didrocksbut "transitionning to HUD2" is a perfect target09:06
pittiI would just leave the items unassigned, and everyone grabs a bunch when they have time; or pre-assign them and allow people to reassign09:07
pittithat way you also always have someone who is accountable09:07
didrockspitti: hum, this doesn't really give the intent though of some people working on parallel on that task09:08
didrockspitti: but if it was translated to "tihs one WI is separated in 3 WI on the db", I wouldn't really mind09:09
pittididrocks: but that is the second interpretation, where you just said that's the one you don't want?09:09
pitti(first = "or", second = "multiply")09:09
didrockspitti: as long as it's not what is shown in the blueprint and there is only one status, I'm fine with it to be translated as 3 separates things09:10
didrockspitti: it's not or, it's "and"09:10
didrocks"those 3 persons are working together to get that WI done"09:10
pittithat means each individual person has to have a separate status and flip it to DONE09:10
pittiwhich is essentially a multiplication, yes09:10
pittibut how would you do that, if there is only one line to change?09:11
didrockspitti: yeah, but that it doesn't represent the exact same intent ;)09:11
pittiif you have [seb128,didrocks,Laney]: foo, and Laney does his part, but you didn't yet, what would the status be?09:11
didrockspitti: well, those 3 people can only consider to have their work DONE once the whole item is DONE09:11
didrocksno, for those WI, there is not really "that's my part and I don't care of yours"09:11
didrocksit's the exact opposite intent I hope we can get ;)09:11
didrocksliek seb128, didrocks and Laney are working together to get foo done09:12
didrockseven if seb128 and Laney are pestering didrocks to do his part he's slacking on :p09:12
pittiok, so everyone does their part, or it doesn't matter who in particular does that WI?09:12
didrockspitti: right09:12
pittiright what? :-) (either-or)09:12
pittisorry, but I don't think I understand this yet09:13
didrockspitti: everyone participates to this WI09:13
didrockspitti: but there is not real "delimited part"09:13
pittididrocks: so when is that WI done?09:13
pittii. e. would [seb128,didrocks,Laney]: foo expand to09:13
didrocksonce "foo" is DONE? :)09:13
pitti[seb128] do seb's part of foo:09:14
pitti[Laney] do Iain's part of foo:09:14
pitti(that would be multiplication)09:14
didrocksin some way… the idea is that if didrocks can't work on foo today, seb can cover him :)09:14
pittior whoever of seb128, Laney gets to it first, flips it to DONE?09:14
pittididrocks: well, if that's the idea, what's wrong with09:15
pitti[didrocks] foo09:15
didrockspitti: so idea is that the task will have at least, even a small part done by everyone of them09:15
pittiand Laney steals the WI if he has time, or the tech lead balances?09:15
jameshxnox: hi.  What would be the best way to do an archive-index run for data found in a PPA?09:16
didrockspitti: right09:17
xnoxjamesh: last time, I had to rsync the ppa, setup apt-archive to generate Contents file, then point archive indexer at it (hack it up a little) and then it generates an index.09:17
didrockspitti: the hidden goal is to have Laney doing everything TBH, but shhhh :p09:18
xnoxjamesh: I've done it once, and maybe can setup up again, but more permament on like people.c.c. Which PPA are you after?09:18
jameshxnox: The unity experimental one09:18
* Laney has been ignoring all of these hilights for a good reason ...09:18
xnoxjamesh: there a few, can you point which one you want? =)09:19
jameshxnox: http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-unity/experimental-prevalidation/ubuntu09:19
didrocksLaney: don't worry, that won't change you will have everything to do :p09:19
xnoxjamesh: ack. I can't promise to do it today, but hopefully soonish (in the middle of raring release). When do you need it by? i should have some older packages with index somewhere, if this is for software-center testing.09:20
jameshxnox: if you can point me in the right direction, I could do a scan myself.09:22
jameshI've got the archive-index code here.  I hit the "missing Contents" file problem, so it is mainly "download the PPA" and "build a Contents" file that I need09:24
xnoxjamesh: right. So one can use recursive wget on http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-unity/experimental-prevalidation/ubuntu/09:25
dpmseb128, ok, looking at it now...09:26
xnoxjamesh: and then write an apt-ftparchive config file to generate Contents file. http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/apt-ftparchive.1.html let me give slightly better reference.09:26
xnoxjamesh: something like http://debian.scribus.net/debian/apt-ftparchive.conf09:27
xnoxjamesh: but twiddle it for your own paths. Please note that regexpes in archive scanner are very narrow, and expect to have copy-paste comments from the top of the file.09:28
xnoxjust like on archive.ubuntu.com09:28
jameshthank you09:29
mhr3seb128, about the issue we discussed yesterday, do you know of any way to reproduce it?09:42
mhr3in any application09:42
seb128mhr3, no, it happens on my box once every second week...09:42
=== seif is now known as Guest93284
=== ara is now known as Guest91539
=== seif is now known as Guest16675
cyphermoxgood morning!10:55
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
seb128cyphermox, hey, how are you?11:37
cyphermoxseb128: hey. good, you?11:38
seb128I'm good thanks11:38
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
pstolowskimvo: ping12:57
mvopstolowski: pong13:03
pstolowskimvo: hey!13:13
kenvandinedidrocks, i figured out how to version QML plugins https://code.launchpad.net/~ken-vandine/libhud-qt/versioned/+merge/16036313:14
didrockskenvandine: \o/13:15
kenvandinedidrocks, what do you think of qtdeclarative5-hud1-plugin for a versioned package name?13:15
* didrocks is eager to see the diff :)13:15
seb128kenvandine, good morning13:15
pstolowskimvo: I'm looking at a long-standing issue in applications lens, where we don't have icons for some installable stuff in more-suggestions (until you run software-center)13:15
kenvandinegood morning seb12813:15
didrockskenvandine: hud1 is the soname, or rather, the import name?13:15
didrocksimport version*13:15
mvopstolowski: this is about on-demand-downloding of icons?13:15
pstolowskimvo: in general, yes13:15
kenvandinewe could do hud1.0 there too13:15
didrockskenvandine: it should match the "import x"13:16
didrocksso if it's 1.0 I think 1.0 would make sense :)13:16
pstolowskimvo: app-lens looks for icons for uninstalled stuff in ~/.cache/software-center/icons and in /usr/share/app-install/icons13:16
didrockskenvandine: btw, why -plugin?13:16
kenvandineso you prefer qtdeclarative5-hud1.0-plugin13:16
kenvandinewell, that's the convention we've been using already13:16
kenvandinei would prefer we drop that :)13:16
pstolowskimvo: what exactly lands in app-install-data package? (and why not all the icons, just some ;))?13:17
didrockskenvandine: let's use qtdeclarative5-hud1.013:17
didrockskenvandine: do you mind adding Replaces/Break/conflicts?13:17
didrockskenvandine: for the transition13:17
kenvandinewe shouldn't need to13:17
kenvandinesince it is parallel installable13:17
kenvandinewith the 0.1 version13:17
didrocksand with the version in the ppa right now?13:18
didrocks(the next ppaà13:18
didrocksyou rename some file13:18
kenvandinedifferent path13:18
didrocksbut it's not parallely installable13:18
didrocksusr/lib/*/qt5/qml ?13:18
didrocksthe file name are changing?13:19
kenvandine usr/lib/*/qt5/qml /Ubuntu/Hud.1/13:19
kenvandine usr/lib/*/qt5/qml/Ubuntu/Hud.1/13:19
didrocksah ;)13:19
kenvandinei saw that is how qtquick.2 was named13:19
kenvandineit has to be a single directory though, we can't do Ubuntu/HUD/1.0/13:19
kenvandinemaybe i should make it Ubuntu/HUD.1.013:20
didrockswhat's the "Ubuntu" directory means?13:20
kenvandineimport Ubuntu.HUD 1.013:20
didrocksok, so we can have no namespace13:20
didrocksor one namespace13:20
didrocksbut not more?13:20
didrocksso no import Ubuntu.Awesome.HUD 1.013:21
didrocksfor instance?13:21
kenvandinei think we can13:21
mvopstolowski: the icons from software-center.ubuntu.com are downloaded on demand13:21
didrockskenvandine: ah, so only no version in namespace?13:21
kenvandinethat didn't work13:21
kenvandinei couldn't find docs on why though :)13:21
kenvandineit was trial and error :)13:21
didrocksand it's not possible to ship different qml file and having qml importing the HUD.qml, HUD1.0.qml?13:22
mvopstolowski: they are more dynamic, I need to look if the data-provider downloads them currently, I vaguely remember it does, but I may be wrong13:22
kenvandinedidrocks, it's a .so and no13:22
kenvandinethere is a qmldir file in that directory13:22
kenvandinewith the module name and plugin name13:22
kenvandinei tried versioning the .so13:22
kenvandinebut that doesn't work13:22
kenvandineit expects it to be unversioned13:22
kenvandinebut there is prior art for versioning the import dir13:23
didrockskenvandine: and how does it do the mapping that Ubuntu.HUD 1.0 is Ubuntu/HUD.1.0/ for instance?13:23
didrockskenvandine: there is no mapping?13:23
didrocksit's just happens that the dir name is having a .so file which exposes 1.0?13:23
kenvandinei think it is in the plugin13:23
kenvandinethe dir name doesn't identify that13:23
kenvandinei knows the difference13:24
didrocksok, it's weird that versionning the .so doesn't work13:24
kenvandineit doesn't find the plugin at all13:24
kenvandinewhen it's versioned13:24
didrockskenvandine: it expects a hud.so file?13:24
didrocksok, so lib<imported_component>-qml.so13:24
kenvandineand there can only be a single qmldir file in the directory13:25
didrockskenvandine: what's the qmldir is for in it?13:25
kenvandinewell, the name of the file is in the qmldir file13:25
didrockskenvandine: sorry for my noobs questions :)13:25
kenvandinemodule Ubuntu.HUD13:25
kenvandineplugin hud-qml13:25
kenvandineis the contents13:25
kenvandineso plugin hud-qml == libhud-qml.so13:26
didrocksand I guess no way to put version in it?13:26
didrocksthat would have been cool13:26
didrocksmodule Ubuntu.HUD\nplugin hud-qml1.0 1.013:26
kenvandinei was hoping for something like plugin hud-qml1 version 1.013:26
didrocksplugin hud-qml1.1 1.113:27
kenvandineit doesn't do that :)13:27
didrocksto define a mapping version <-> so filename13:27
didrocksok, I think you came with the right decision then13:27
didrocksdirname == soname13:27
kenvandinethey did that with qtquick.2 already too13:27
didrocksbut the import has to change?13:28
didrocksas we change the namespace?13:28
didrockswhat magic? ;)13:28
didrocksmodule foo.bar13:29
kenvandine /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick.2/13:29
kenvandinefor example13:29
didrocksso, I don't know why it doesn't take13:29
kenvandinethat module line identifies that13:29
didrocksseems to be a side effect, not a namespace issue :)13:29
kenvandinedunno... that was what i assumed :)13:29
didrockskenvandine: However, I do prefer your dir-soname13:30
didrockscan you change to map it?13:30
didrocksas well as the package name?13:30
didrocksand maybe just a replace (no conflict) for the transition?13:30
kenvandineso you mean changing it to Ubuntu/HUD.1.0 ?13:31
kenvandinei wonder if HUD-1.0 would work13:31
didrockskenvandine: yeah, the last one is the more readable13:31
kenvandinei'll give it  a swing :)13:32
didrockskenvandine: do you mind coordinating with sil2100? I think we need to change the dep in a lot of places :)13:32
* sil2100 turns into an ear13:32
didrockskenvandine: sil2100 is doing the transition to the new HUD today, but I guess, you won't be enough of being two if you have time :)13:32
didrockssil2100: the HUD runtime package is going to be renamed13:33
didrockssil2100: so need to change that in the MP for new hud as well autopilot runs :)13:33
didrocks(list of packages to install and so on…)13:33
sil2100didrocks, kenvandine: oh, is there a MR for the runtime package rename already?13:33
kenvandinefor the qml package13:34
kenvandinei am tweaking it one more time now13:34
kenvandinesil2100, ^^13:34
sil2100kenvandine: thanks!13:35
kenvandinedidrocks, it doesn't work with a dash in that dir name... grrr13:35
kenvandineoh... i didn't want that either13:36
didrockskenvandine: ahah, lost in the discussion? :)13:36
didrockskenvandine: no dash in the dir, no -plugin in the package name! :-)13:36
didrocks(but a beer, please! ;))13:36
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
kenvandineok, HUD1.0 doesn't work either13:38
kenvandinei wish i understood why...13:39
didrocksHUD.1.0? :/13:39
kenvandinetrying that now :)13:39
kenvandineok, that works ;)13:40
kenvandineactually i do need a R/B/C for libhud-qt -> libhud-qt1 transition13:41
kenvandinethat does conflict in the ppa13:41
didrocksok ;)13:42
kenvandinei do feel much better knowing we can version these qml packages13:45
kenvandinethat's been stressing me out!13:45
rickspencer3hey guys13:46
kenvandinehey rickspencer313:46
rickspencer3seb128, so, one of my computers isn't loading x this morning :/13:46
rickspencer3I seem to recall that there was something about telling plymouth to sleep or something to work around something racey13:47
rickspencer3sound familiar at all13:47
mlankhorstrickspencer3: just enable -proposed13:47
mlankhorstand steal the lightdm upload13:47
Laneywhat lightdm upload in proposed?13:48
Laneythat's a queue, and it's plymouth only13:48
didrockskenvandine: yeah, nice work! :)13:49
Laney(tjaalton asked for lightdm to be rejected earlier)13:49
Laneyand advising people to enable proposed isn't really good13:49
rickspencer3Laney, I suppose he wanted me to test it13:49
mlankhorstwell I guess it depends, i dont know what is needed atm, tjaalton might :-)13:50
rickspencer3mlankhorst, wasn't there some way that I could add a sleep to plymouth to work around it?13:50
kenvandinedidrocks, thanks, i pushed my changes13:50
kenvandinecan you give it a review?13:50
mlankhorstif you want the hack, just add sleep to lightdm.conf before the exec13:50
mlankhorstsleep 3 or so13:50
didrockskenvandine: sure, doing13:50
kenvandinesil2100, the new package is qtdeclarative5-hud1.013:50
rickspencer3mlankhorst, can you tell me more specifically where that file is?13:51
mlankhorst /etc/init/lightdm.conf13:51
mlankhorstupstart job13:51
rickspencer3mlankhorst, it already says "sleep 5" in the post-start script13:52
sil2100kenvandine: ACK, see it - will prepare branches13:52
didrockskenvandine: approved13:54
kenvandinesil2100, thanks13:54
kenvandinedidrocks, thx13:54
didrockssil2100: merge that with the porting branches if possible13:54
mlankhorstmeh just post the xorg.0.log then13:54
Laneymlankhorst: rickspencer3: Not the main script?13:54
Laneypost-start will run too late IIUC?13:54
rickspencer3Laney, I have no idea13:54
kenvandinewe should do this with the other qtdeclarative5-*-plugin packages too13:54
kenvandinebut i guess we can do that as they have api changes13:54
Laneytry adding it just before 'exec lightdm'13:54
mlankhorstI didn't know lightdm had a post-start script though13:54
Laneyyeah it runs clear /dev/tty713:55
Laneywith >13:55
didrockskenvandine: agreed13:55
sil2100didrocks: those got already approved - I'll prepare additional merges, since it's a change that anyway is separate13:55
rickspencer3Laney in /etc/init/lightdm.conf ?13:55
Laneythat'd be line 46 here13:56
sil2100didrocks: as pure packaging changes13:56
didrockssil2100: ah, good then!13:56
rickspencer3Laney, and how long should I tell it to sleep for?13:56
didrockssil2100: and then, changing cupstream2distro-config13:56
didrockssil2100: for autopilot13:56
sil2100Yep :)13:56
Laneynot sure - I'm not familiar with the bug - mlankhorst advised 3 earlier13:56
rickspencer3trying :)13:57
LaneyI see bryce said 10 on bug #982889 though :P13:57
ubot2Launchpad bug 982889 in plymouth (Ubuntu Raring) "X trying to start before plymouth has finished using the drm driver" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/98288913:57
mlankhorstit's just a race with both running concurrently13:58
rickspencer3ok, 3 didn't work, trying 1013:58
mlankhorstjust post the xorg log really, easy to determine if you're hit by that bug or not13:58
rickspencer3mlankhorst, sadly I am pinned down in calls starting in 1 minute13:59
rickspencer3but the sleep 10 didn't work :/13:59
rickspencer3maybe bryce can take a look in 4 hours13:59
rickspencer3mlankhorst, where's the log?14:00
rickspencer3I guess I can ftp it off of this machine in the meantime14:00
mlankhorst /var/log/Xorg*.log, just grab the one with most recent timestamp14:00
tjaaltonmlankhorst, rickspencer3: I've uploaded the fixed versions to ubuntu-x/x-staging, forgot to reupload lightdm to -proposed14:04
=== jbicha_ is now known as jbicha
tjaaltonppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-staging that is..14:43
seb128rickspencer3, hey, sorry I was out for some exercice, I see that tjaalton and mlankhorst helped you14:45
rickspencer3hi seb128 well, mlankhorst took a look at me Xorg.0.log and didn't see any errors :/14:46
rickspencer3and the sleep work around didn't work, so I don't think I am having the same issue14:46
seb128rickspencer3, is the issue persistant across reboots?14:50
rickspencer3seb128, indeed14:50
seb128rickspencer3, do you know what you updated since the previous reboot?14:50
ogra_"the sleep workaround" ? like go to bed, get up and have seb128 fixed it ?14:50
mlankhorstrickspencer3: xsession seems to be failing for some reason14:50
mlankhorsttry .xsession-errors14:50
rickspencer3seb128, I did a dist-upgrade yesterday14:50
seb128rickspencer3, and when did you dist-upgrade/successfully reboot before that?14:50
rickspencer3seb128, yeah, so I booted my computer yesterday morning and did a dist-upgrade14:51
rickspencer3I don't recall if I rebooted right after that14:51
seb128rickspencer3, can you pastebin ~/.xsession-errors?14:51
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
rickspencer3_seb128, uh15:03
rickspencer3_I feel like a real dope15:03
rickspencer3_thanks for your help15:03
Laneygo on ...15:04
rickspencer3_Laney, I installed a ppa that uninstalled unity last night15:04
* rickspencer3_ self dope-slaps15:04
Laneyit's always distracting when you get the same symptoms as a high profile bug15:05
seb128rickspencer3_, yw, did it accept to reinstall ubuntu-desktop?15:05
rickspencer3_seb128, yeah, it listed a bunch of unity components15:05
seb128rickspencer3_, let we know if reboot works out after that15:05
rickspencer3_I said Y, and after I rebooted it work15:06
Laneydid you use apt-get?15:06
rickspencer3_Laney, yes15:06
Laneyto install the PPA originally15:06
mlankhorstwell that was the only option :-)15:06
Laneyyeah ...15:06
rickspencer3_no I did not15:06
rickspencer3_I downloaded the deb and used software center15:06
mlankhorstif xserver shuts down succesfully it's a session error ;P15:06
=== rickspencer3_ is now known as rickspencer3
LaneyI was going to resurrect an old suggestion to make apt list removed packages last15:06
Laneyi.e. where you can see them15:06
Laneydon't know how s-c presented it15:06
seb128Laney, the log shows "removing indicator-* unity unity-greeter ubuntu-desktop..."15:08
seb128in .xsession-errors15:08
seb128I wonder if s-c did it15:08
seb128in which case that seems pretty buggy from it15:08
Laneyin xsession-errors?!15:08
seb128I wonder if that's s-c through aptd15:08
* seb128 tests in a vm15:08
LaneyI get message "Conflicts with the installed package 'gedit'" and it refuses to let me install it15:11
Laneyon raring that is15:11
seb128Sweetshark, qengho, didrocks, Laney, kenvandine, mlankhorst, cyphermox, mterry, robru, tkamppeter, attente, desrt: hey, it's meeting time15:29
Laneythe best time!15:29
seb128happy raring release week ;-)15:30
seb128reminder: clean your workitems, raring cycle is over15:30
seb128there are still some stuff there that should be postponed or closed or moved to a new spec for next cycle15:30
seb128on that note, let's get started15:31
seb128Sweetsha1k, hey15:31
seb128no Sweetsha1k?15:32
seb128qengho, hey15:32
seb128hum, no qengho either?15:33
seb128luckily the next one is a safe bet!15:33
seb128didrocks, hey ;-)15:33
didrocks(I'm not there)15:33
didrocks* define procedure to continue diverging branches on daily release15:34
didrocks* some small fixes on cupstream2distro15:34
didrocks* continue investigating some autopilot issues15:34
didrocks* working on the touch stack by reviewing/coordinating work and helping newcomers to check the procedure15:34
didrocks* planning some discussions for next week sprint15:34
seb128didrocks, thanks15:34
seb128Laney, hey15:34
Laney• Much more release work - reviewing/accepting/rejecting/discussing fixes. Thanks everyone for the hard work!15:35
Laney• Spent quite a bit of time finishing lightdm/indicator-session/indicator-datetime logind ports. Should be done now - all MPs proposed and reviews welcome.15:35
Laney• Some GNOME updates in Debian for us to sync next cycle.15:35
Laney• Community: some behind the scenes DMB discussions. ;-)15:35
seb128Laney, DMB ... do they start liking Sweetsha1k? ;-)15:36
Laneythat's part of it15:36
qenghoDang!  I wasn't ready.15:36
seb128though I start liking him less since he doesn't show up at our team meetings :p15:36
seb128Laney, thanks, good work on release and logind, I hope we can get logind in landing state next week ;-)15:37
Laneyyeah that'll be a fun sprint thing to do15:37
seb128qengho, hey, glad you are joining us ... ready now?15:37
qengho* Tested new Cr release and threw it over the wall to #security.15:37
qengho* Now updating libv8 packaging so we can own it and use it in Cr and elsewhere.15:37
seb128qengho, or should we come back to you at the end? ;-)15:37
seb128qengho, thanks15:38
seb128kenvandine, hey15:38
kenvandine * Added API versioning to libhud QML bindings, we should use this practice for all QML binding packages going forward15:38
kenvandine * Ported share-app to use new HUD API15:38
kenvandine * Added uoa-create script to the daily touch images so users have a way to add online accounts until we have a proper settings interface for it15:38
kenvandine * More work on signon-ui15:38
kenvandine /EOF15:38
seb128kenvandine, thanks15:38
seb128mlankhorst, hey15:38
mlankhorstsru verification for libdrm, readying lts-raring backport stack in ppa (now ready to be uploaded to -proposed), mesa 9.1 testing, touch bug testing15:39
* qengho blames full-screen terminal windows for his delay.15:39
mlankhorstand no tkamppeter, we fixed the crash but the touch bug is still open :P15:39
Laneylts-raring is backporting raring x stack to precise?15:39
* Laney nods15:39
Laneyare you doing the same kind of renaming?15:40
mlankhorstfor raring yes15:40
mlankhorstif we move to rolling, perhaps not15:40
seb128mlankhorst, thanks15:41
seb128cyphermox, hey15:41
cyphermoxI'm tempted to just log off now :)15:41
cyphermox- Finished adding hud2.0 / libhud-qt to daily-release15:42
cyphermox- Some last minute releases of indicators/themes/oif landed.15:42
cyphermox  - With some smaller bamf changes left for SRU.15:42
cyphermox- Added qmenumodel (needs to be deployed) to the daily-release stuff for touch15:42
cyphermox- Adding indicators-client and indicator-network.15:42
cyphermox- Tested qmenumodel and indicators-client/indicator-network on Nexus 415:42
cyphermox- Some draft planning for stuff that needs to happen for touch; re: bluetooth and wifi.15:42
cyphermox- Coordinating SRU updates in NM/nm-applet.15:42
cyphermox- Going to review Laney's merges for indicators.15:42
Laneyyou BEAUTY!15:42
cyphermoxI meant to do it yesterday, and forgot to get back to it15:43
seb128cyphermox, waouh, lot of great work there (hud2 daily release, qmenumodel, bluetooth)15:43
seb128cyphermox, thanks15:43
seb128mterry, hey15:44
mterryhold on15:44
seb128mterry, want to go next?15:44
mterry- More work on LightDM support in the phablet greeter -- mostly fixing continuous merge conflicts from pace of trunk  :)15:44
mterry- Planning work for out-of-box-experience for the phablet images, like setting up user info plus future greeter work15:44
mterry- Helped get automerging working for various phablet packages15:44
mterry- Patch piloting, mostly SRUs15:44
mterry- Surviving Boston manhunt15:44
mterry- Housing desrt during his g* sprint15:44
mterrysorry, had some copy paste problems  :)15:45
seb128no worry ;-)15:45
seb128mterry, did you visit the g* sprint or just hosted desrt?15:46
mterryseb128, didn't visit yet15:46
mterryseb128, pretty low-level stuff15:46
seb128mterry, I'm glad you are safe, I hope everybody you know made it out of the Boston crazyness safely15:46
seb128mterry, thanks15:46
seb128robru, hey, up or too early for you?15:47
robru* Release unity-firefox-extension 2.4.7bzr13.04.15-0ubuntu115:47
robru* Fix a bug preventing community-contributed Sohu network support from working.15:47
robru* Stopped the horrible notification spam on first run of Friends.15:47
robru* Improved efficiency of retweeting, removed superfluous HTTP request.15:47
robru* Started sphinx boilerplate in order to be able to publish nice documentation.15:47
robru* Stopped raising uncaught exceptions in the MainThread, fixing #3 error on errors.ubuntu.com15:47
robru* Finally fixed camera-app packaging, including hud1 port and getting autopilot tests passing locally.15:47
seb128robru, thanks15:47
seb128tkamppeter, hey15:47
tkamppeter - More testing for the mouse-button-stuck-down bug 1068994 on the Lenovo Thinkpad Twist, getting a partial success. Left click works reliably, right click (via onboard) still broken.15:48
tkamppeter - Last check through the printing bugs before Final Freeze, nothing urgent or with enough info from the user to fix it.15:48
tkamppeter - CUPS crash SRU for Quantal committed, bug 1086019.15:48
ubot2Launchpad bug 1068994 in OEM Priority Project raring "button1 gets stuck after a while" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/106899415:48
ubot2Launchpad bug 1086019 in cups (Ubuntu Quantal) "cupsd crashes regularly (daily)" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/108601915:48
seb128tkamppeter, thanks15:49
seb128attente, hey15:49
attenteseb128, hi15:49
attenteGIcon debugging, proposed for merging some changes to libindicator to use desrt's and larsu's new GIcon stuff15:50
attentedid the g-c-c text entry panel re-design, incorporating some ibus settings15:50
seb128get ready for next week, so you can show us that, and we also need to land the menu work this time, start of a cycle15:50
seb128attente, thanks15:51
attenteyes, thanks seb128 :)15:51
seb128desrt, hey, around or sprinting?15:51
seb128sprinting I guess15:52
seb128Sweetsha1k, still not around?15:52
seb128ok, did I forget anyone this week?15:53
seb128otherwise, me:15:53
seb128* Updated translations, in the desktop packages that don't use langpacks, for raring15:53
seb128* Raring testing and bugs fixing15:53
seb128* Investigated some of the most frequent raring issues on errors.ubuntu.com15:53
seb128* started looking at next cycle15:53
seb128* lot of small things, but mostly looked through some issues and bugs backlog15:53
seb128 15:53
seb128does anyone has other topics or questions?15:54
seb128seems not15:56
seb128thanks everyone15:56
seb128oh, for the record I just registered https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-gnome-3-815:56
seb128Laney, pitti: ^15:56
seb128jbicha, ^15:56
Laneyah, rocking15:56
seb128that's to list known issue and organize work around GNOME 3.815:56
Laneyricotz: ^15:56
pittiseb128: thanks, sub'ing15:57
pittiseb128: we'll get logind next week, so at least that blocker should soon be gone15:57
seb128pitti, yep, that's great15:58
Laneyah so we'll have to do what shell did in unity15:58
didrocksthanks ;)15:58
seb128Laney, or revert some commits for unity sessions15:58
tkamppeterDoes the S series have a name and a release schedule page? Or will it get definitively rolling?15:59
seb128tkamppeter, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SReleaseSchedule15:59
seb128no name yet15:59
LaneyNo, yes, no rolling16:00
jbichaseb128: thanks I'll add a bunch of notes, I'm thinking that I won't be around for the May UDS though16:02
tkamppeterHas the idea of rolling definitively died? Will we continue witb the usual releases and run out of letters in a few years?16:02
Laneytkamppeter: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2013-March/001566.html is what got discussed / approved16:04
ogra_and we will then just switch to greek or other cyrillic languages once the alphabet is through16:06
tkamppeterLaney, seb128, thanks.16:07
seb128jbicha, ok, thanks16:08
seb128Laney, pitti, jbicha: if you update the whiteboard please refresh before editing, blueprints don't handle edit conflicts well, and it's likely that this blueprint will get quite some edits in the next days16:09
ricotzseb128, nice, might be useful to mention the 3.10 bits there too which will probably land in S -- like glib, g-i, ...16:09
seb128ricotz, we didn't decide to land any 3.10 bits yet, I will add a note about that to the whiteboard16:10
ricotzseb128, alright16:10
=== Guest92449 is now known as balloons
seb128Laney, the bug from rick earlier, he seems to have a amd64 installed and tried to install an i386 deb16:21
seb128Laney, if you have an amd64 install and feel adventurous, wget https://launchpad.net/~stebbins/+archive/handbrake-releases/+build/3931765/+files/handbrake-gtk_0.9.8%2Bppa1%7Equantal1_i386.deb and try to install it with s-c16:22
seb128Laney, I tried to boot an amd64 iso but my 32bit kernel doesn't allow me to do that :p16:22
davmor2seb128: the error I get there is handbrake is depending on libwebkitgtk-1.0-016:28
seb128davmor2, but nothing is uninstalling unity etc?16:29
seb128if you do sudo apt-get -f install things are fine?16:29
Laneyseb128: ah yeah I made it do it16:29
seb128Laney, "do it"?16:29
LaneyI used equivs to make an i386 package which depends on unity16:29
Laneyand then installed that with s-c16:29
Laneyit did error out but not until it had removed half of the system16:30
seb128so you confirm the bug?16:30
davmor2seb128: nope I haven't done sudo apt-get -f that might remove unity as it will pull in libwebkitgtk-1.0-0:i38616:30
seb128that's what happened to rick16:30
seb128it seems like s-c should rather refuse to install the deb16:30
seb128than doing it at the cost of removing your desktop16:30
davmor2seb128: it can't because some are multiarched debs which work fine16:31
seb128can't what?16:31
davmor2seb128: there are lots of i386 apps that are multiarched so install on 64bit with no issues.  So it can't arbitrarily say no you are on amd64 so you can't install any i386 apps16:33
seb128well, I never said it should16:33
seb128I said it should say "that package conflicts with your desktop and require to uninstall half your system, can't do that"16:33
seb128if users really want to screw their system they can use the command line ;-)16:34
davmor2seb128: It does kinda16:34
Laneyit can test if a package is installable16:34
seb128davmor2, hum, Laney said he had unity and stuff removed through s-c16:34
seb128or I misread?16:34
davmor2seb128: yeap but that was because of his system setup, mine is on a clean system16:35
Laneyyou sure?16:35
Laneylet me upload the deb16:35
seb128that seems weird16:35
seb128your system being cleaned or not, s-c should never uninstall unity to install a random deb16:35
seb128e.g it shouldn't be that easy to break your system16:36
Laneytry and install that with software-center on an amd64 system with multiarch i38616:36
davmor2seb128: this is the error I got http://paste.ubuntu.com/5595981/ so I would go to terminal and do apt-get install missing_dep:1386 and see what it did16:37
LaneyThe following packages have unmet dependencies. fakepkg:i386 : Depends: unity:i386 but it is not going to be installed16:37
Laney^ apt-get install --dry-run fakepkg:i38616:37
Laneyso you can test if it's installable before trying16:38
seb128hum, I'm a bit confused16:38
davmor2seb128: http://ubuntuone.com/1OeshOa0tUkGWGa8JXaEDG16:39
seb128Laney, if you can confirm a problem with s-c can you file a bug with the description of the steps you followed and what was the result?16:39
LaneyI am doing already16:39
seb128davmor2, dpkg -l unity ?16:39
mhr3seb128, and once more about the dbus thing, perhaps it should mentioned in release notes, i think it'll end up affecting quite a lot of people16:41
davmor2seb128: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5596003/ ouch!16:41
seb128mhr3, well, it's only you and me so far16:41
seb128davmor2, so you do confirm the bug...16:41
mhr3seb128, unity AP tests beg to differ16:41
seb128mhr3, do we have any idea at what level the issue is?16:42
seb128dbus server?16:42
davmor2seb128: looks that way16:42
seb128davmor2, ok, but you said you didn't, that's quite confusing16:42
seb128but anyway, it seems it' confirmed16:42
mhr3seb128, i wish i knew16:42
mhr3but it's probably glib16:43
mhr3cause it's usually isolated to individual apps16:43
seb128when I see it, it's usually through gvfs16:43
mhr3hmm, yea, could be related to gvfs too16:44
seb128did you see it on non gvfs calls?16:44
seb128what do you see hanging when it happens?16:44
mhr3when it happens the app stops talking dbus completely16:44
seb128I wish I had kept a stacktrace, but last time I had the issue I had firefox which kept hanging and xchat16:44
mhr3in unity we always use async dbus, so it doesn't lock it up completely16:45
seb128they both blocked in sync dbus call16:45
mhr3but still no dbus16:45
seb128firefox in fact was unity-webapps16:45
mhr3seb128, well those do gdbus too16:45
mhr3although probably not gvfs16:46
seb128mhr3, we updated dbus from 1.6.4 to 1.6.8 this cycle, and we both updated glib and gvfs16:47
seb128mhr3, if the AP manage to trigger the issue often, is there any chance you could downgrade gvfs on the box and see if it keeps happening, to isolate it out?16:48
seb128mhr3, I'm not sure how to debug those issues :/16:48
mhr3seb128, any of those updates happened around the beggining of april?16:49
davmor2seb128: so I guess the issue is 3 fold, 1 the packaging doesn't make for a multiarch app, 2 apt-get -y will have the same issue so apt should trigger some error, 3 usc should ensure that it obeys apt's error report and not offer to install the app16:49
mhr3seb128, that seems to be when it started happening16:49
seb128mhr3, what is also weird is that when it starts happening it doesn't resolve itself by restarting the app, it should if the bug was in the glib/gvfs client code no?16:49
seb128glib/gdbus I mean16:49
mhr3seb128, it doesn't?16:49
seb128mhr3, I can kill firefox/unity-webapps and restart it, they keep hanging16:50
mhr3seb128, i didn't actually see it in a normal app, and when it happens in unity the only thing to do is logout really16:50
seb128mhr3, does it block for ever for you?16:50
seb128here things block for 15 seconds or so16:50
seb128I guess that's the timeout of the calls16:51
Laneyseb128: bug #117193116:51
ubot2Launchpad bug 1171931 in software-center (Ubuntu) "Installing multiarch debs can uninstall native arch packages" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/117193116:51
mhr3nope, as i said, we do async calls16:51
seb128Laney, thanks16:51
seb128mhr3, I wish I could reproduce that bug, I don't get it often16:51
seb128mhr3, I had it yesterday and I did some unity hacking and started the standalone dash a few times, and got some unity segfault during the day16:52
seb128dunno if that had to do with it16:52
mhr3seb128, i'm misusing our testing computer today and running the ap tests there the whole day, it didn't happen yet :/16:52
seb128mhr3, any debug hint for next time I run inot it?16:52
mhr3seb128, attach gdb and get a stacktrace16:52
mhr3for all threads16:53
mhr3it's likely that one of them will be stuck on some lock16:53
seb128well, last time I did that they were all ending in dbus sync calls16:53
seb128coming from gvfs16:53
seb128through gio calls16:53
seb128like "open that url"16:53
seb128or in unity the launcher doing usb key mounting16:54
mhr3seb128, i don't suppose you still have the trace somewhere?>16:54
seb128no :(16:54
seb128mhr3, btw, https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1108056 is a bit similar16:54
ubot2Launchpad bug 1108056 in glib2.0 (Ubuntu) "fetching URLs freezes pidgin" [Undecided,Confirmed]16:54
seb128mhr3, having to do with SIGCHLD when gsettings calls exit16:55
mhr3hm, it should be pretty widespread16:55
seb128which seems an issue to be new from this cycle's glib16:55
seb128well, it was in pidgin16:56
seb128see the number of comments on the launchpad bug16:56
seb128mhr3, see https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/15493#comment:25 as well16:57
seb128I wonder if that's desrt's fault again :p16:58
seb128desrt, ^ when you are around, please read this comment and the next one, that seems to have started with glib 2.35 for some reasons16:58
seb128rickspencer3, btw, in case you didn't follow, we confirmed that the deb from that ppa leads to have unity uninstalled, Laney opened https://launchpad.net/bugs/1171931 about it17:01
ubot2Launchpad bug 1171931 in software-center (Ubuntu) "Installing multiarch debs can uninstall native arch packages" [Undecided,New]17:01
rickspencer3thanks seb12817:01
rickspencer3and Laney17:01
rickspencer3I wasn't following17:01
rickspencer3you guys are so awesome17:01
Laneyjust have to strongarm someone into fixing it now ;)17:01
rickspencer3and thanks for not making fun of me ;)17:01
mhr3seb128, hmm, it's probably a different issue17:01
seb128mhr3, could be, I'm just wondering if they lead to a same glib underlining problem maybe17:02
seb128mhr3, like something with signals17:02
seb128mhr3, the pidgin issue seems also easier to reproduce so it could be an easier testcase to figure out what changed in glib that this bug started17:03
* didrocks waves good evening17:04
seb128rickspencer3, btw, part of the issue is also because you tried to install the i386 deb from that ppa on your amd64 system, where there is an amd64 build17:04
rickspencer3I have 3 machines17:04
mhr3seb128, hard to say really, but yea, we'd need a way to reliably reproduce it17:04
rickspencer3and I forgot which one is 32 bit17:04
rickspencer3what a dope17:04
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|sun
davmor2rickspencer3: name them like this Raring32 Raging64 that way you don't forget :)   that's how I started naming my non main machines :)17:07
rickspencer3good idea davmor217:08
desrtseb128: if it's about pidgin hanging, it's colin's fault :)17:08
jbichapitti: darkxst has added the logind packages to the gnome3-staging ppa so it should be getting a little more testing there17:09
desrtseb128: he's in the room with me now17:09
desrtand he says "wellllll... i _still_ think it's their fault"17:09
seb128desrt, do you know what's the issue?17:09
desrtwell, no17:09
seb128desrt, is that likely to affect other programs?17:09
desrtbut i know which patch i can revert to fix it for sure17:09
desrtwanna try an upload?17:09
pittijbicha: ah, good to know; I've been running logind+CK in parallel for the past few weeks, and before that exclusively logind, so I think it's not too broken17:10
seb128desrt, well, we got a pidgin uploaded that fixes it, so I'm not sure what to test on17:10
pittijbicha: I didn't notice the "doesn't suspend on lid close", as in raring that's still done via g-s-d and upower17:10
desrtseb128: workaround or fix?17:10
seb128desrt, the discussion started because of the dbus issue mhr3 mentioned yesterday17:10
pittijbicha: so please keep filing bugs about issues like that17:10
seb128desrt, https://hg.pidgin.im/pidgin/main/rev/161320946afd17:11
desrtseb128: https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/commit/?id=ce0022933c255313e010b27f977f4ae02aad1e7e17:11
seb128desrt, I'm wondering if the "sometimes gvfs stops replying" that I see once a week could be due to it17:12
seb128desrt, I've stuff like xchat-gnome which hang in sync dbus calls when that happens, which go down to gvfs not responding it seems (happens for example when I click on an url and xchat tries to open it throughgio)17:12
desrtseb128: thanks for the link.  i now understand the problem perfectly17:13
desrtfighting with colin over if this is technically his fault or not :)17:13
seb128desrt, thanks for looking into it ;-)17:13
seb128desrt, let me know what's the outcome of the discussion17:13
seb128desrt, but I guess the dbus not replying is another issue :/17:13
desrti think this is unrelated17:13
desrti'd love to see a backtrace17:14
seb128desrt, I was wondering if maybe they could have the same underlining cause17:14
seb128will get one next time17:14
desrtall threads, plz :)17:14
seb128will do17:14
seb128or maybe I managed to get it next week and show you directly ;-)17:14
mhr3seb128, i can already how the machine where it happens will be sacred and you won't be allowed to restart nor do anything with it :)17:15
mhr3already see*17:15
desrtseb128: we're gonna revert the patch in glib17:15
seb128desrt, ok, I will backport the revert for my next upload, in case it affects other things than pidgin17:16
desrtseb128: it's not going to be a straight revert17:16
seb128mhr3, yeah, I better bring a spare laptop :/17:16
desrtbut for you it's safe enough to do that17:16
desrtcolin combined like 3 things into one patch17:16
seb128desrt, well, we are not going to change anything before release, so no hurry17:16
desrtand i want to keep 1 of the 317:16
desrtseb128: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=698081#c1417:32
ubot2Gnome bug 698081 in mainloop "Pidgin hangs in g_spawn_command_line_sync" [Normal,Unconfirmed]17:32
seb128desrt, thanks17:33
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
=== Sweetsha1k is now known as Sweetshark
cyphermoxmterry: hey20:32
cyphermoxwanna help with some quick reviews?20:33
mterrycyphermox, sure20:37
cyphermoxmterry: https://code.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/qmenumodel/skip-powerpc/+merge/16048920:37
mterrycyphermox, both done20:43
cyphermoxmterry: thanks20:53
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
=== broder_ is now known as broder
=== larsu is now known as Guest5030
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!