=== salem_ is now known as _salem
=== rsalveti_ is now known as rsalveti
mzanettididrocks: hey. is there a way to enable arm builds for my ppa?07:42
didrockshey mzanetti, which ppa?07:42
mzanettididrocks: https://launchpad.net/~mzanetti/+archive/testing07:42
didrocksmzanetti: this will ask to use a non virtual ppa, we try to diminish the need as possible07:42
didrocksmzanetti: personal ppa? I doubt about it07:42
mzanettididrocks: so the only way to publish apps is to upload them to the official touch apps ppa?07:43
didrocksmzanetti: right now, but this week will be to use daily releases07:44
didrocksmzanetti: we need to transition to HUD 2 today, as discussed with sergio and ricardo07:44
didrockshey sil2100! how are you?07:44
didrockssil2100: btw, ready to push HUD 2 today? ^07:44
didrockssil2100: do you mind coordinating with mzanetti on the medium tests so that we can transition to it? (not sure if we should disable temporarly to get things merged and so on)07:45
mzanettididrocks: can't really follow... what has HUD to do with this?07:45
didrocksmzanetti: because we don't have daily release until apps are migrated to new HUD07:45
didrocksas we have a newer HUD in the ppa07:45
tsdgeosdidrocks: we are07:45
tsdgeosi have branches waiting07:45
didrockstsdgeos: yeah, I was waiting for the finale quantal touch image to be in, which should be done by done?07:46
mzanettididrocks: I don't need daily releases... I just want to upload an app somewhere so it gets build for arm and I can install it on my phone again07:46
didrocksmzanetti: you can use the touch ppa for one manual upload, yeah07:46
tsdgeosand https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity/new_hud_client_api/+merge/15661607:46
didrocksmzanetti: this will be reconverted for that purpose07:46
tsdgeosactually only the first is needed07:46
tsdgeosthe for it to work07:46
didrockstsdgeos: there is not only unity-next, but good to know it's ready ;)07:47
tsdgeosthe second is to use the improvements07:47
tsdgeosdidrocks: well i said "we" ;) for a certain definition of we ;)07:48
didrocksheh ;)07:48
tsdgeosdidrocks: that's going where? raring? or s-something?07:48
didrocksthanks tsdgeos! will keep you posted once we have the base transition done07:48
didrockstsdgeos: raring daily-build-next and next ppas07:48
didrockstsdgeos: which will go into s then07:48
tsdgeosi see07:48
Saviqmzanetti, can you please investigate ignoring /tests for coverage?07:49
mzanettiSaviq: ack07:49
tsdgeos*** Error in `/usr/bin/perl': corrupted double-linked list: 0x029f0fe8 ***07:50
Saviqtsdgeos, panda?07:50
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah, they sometimes go there and cry in the corner :/07:50
Saviqhence the black eyes07:50
Saviqmzanetti, tsdgeos, there seem to be issues with publishing (not just delay) in the end07:59
mzanettimmrazik: ^08:00
mzanettimmrazik: known issue or new?08:00
Saviqthe last published ones are from yesterday 2pm https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/unity-phablet-ci/08:00
mmrazikmzanetti, Saviq: let me check. We had some issues in the past (several months ago)08:00
dednickmzanetti: ping08:06
mmrazikSaviq, mzanetti: its a different thing than in the past :-/ There are no errors. It looks like the publishing just takes ages08:08
mmrazikI might need Larry to figure out whats going on08:08
mmrazikit might be high load on jenkins.qa.ubunut.com or something like that and I have no access there08:08
Saviqmmrazik, thanks08:08
Saviqdednick, ping https://code.launchpad.net/~nick-dedekind/unity/phablet.run_on_device_gdb/+merge/159378 ?08:08
dednickSaviq: thanks. seen it. i'll take a look08:09
Saviqdednick, cheers, just going through the active MPs08:09
dednickmzanetti: when you were looking at the network indicator layout issue, did you say it WASNT working in the chewie-client, or it WAS?08:12
mzanettidednick: it wasn't here on desktop08:12
dednickmzanetti: hm. odd. working on mine08:12
mzanettidednick: however, I use my desktop at GRID_UNIT_PX=18. That might makes a difference08:12
dednickmzanetti: ah. is that just an env setting i can change to test?08:13
mzanettidednick: yes08:13
mzanettidednick: also, I think the fix I proposed (use height instead of implicitHeight) got merged.08:13
mzanettiso if you try with current trunk it might be fixed08:14
dednickmzanetti: that's the same px as the nexus phone right?08:14
mzanettidednick: i think the same as Galaxy Nexus. The n10 uses 20 if I'm not mistaken08:14
Saviqdednick, also, there seems to be a regression with the indicators in trunk, when you swipe over an indicator quickly, the page is blank until you un-pin the indicator from the bottom08:16
Saviqdednick, and "MenuContent.qml:102: TypeError: Object ClockPage_QMLTYPE_265(0xc29478) has no method 'reset'"08:17
Saviqdednick, can you please look into that?08:17
dednickSaviq: sure08:17
Saviqdednick, it looks like when the indicators are unloaded, they don't come back as soon as they are loaded again08:17
dednickSaviq: the indicators are only supposed to be loaded when you press the indicator bar. Previously they were being loaded on startup because of a bug.08:19
dednickbut maybe we want that...08:19
Saviqdednick, yeah, that's fine08:19
Saviqdednick, but they don't load at all08:19
Saviqdednick, well, they do, but are invisible08:19
tsdgeosdidn't sergio said that images where now raring based?08:19
tsdgeosi just did phablet-flash and got a quantal one08:19
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah, I still had to use the --alternate-settings approach08:20
dednickSaviq: ok. i havent seen that. I've only seen that they pop up after a bit of a delay08:20
dednickSaviq: i'll take another look08:20
tsdgeosSaviq: doh :/08:20
Saviqtsdgeos, and it did download quantal-* anyway08:20
Saviqmzanetti, I'd say that's hanging... :/08:32
mzanettiSaviq: hmm... not sure...08:33
mzanetti23 minutes is indeed a bit long for autopilot tests...08:33
Saviqmzanetti, shouldn't there be more output?08:33
mzanettiSaviq: no08:34
Saviqmzanetti, ah k08:34
mzanettiSaviq: autopilot doesn't print anything if you tell it to log to an xml file08:34
Saviqmzanetti, sounds like room for improvement ;)08:34
mzanettiSaviq: actually... I've been asked to ask you to join a session about autopilot in Oakland08:35
mzanettiSaviq: feedback to developers of autopilot mainly. interested?08:35
Saviqmzanetti, can you invite me on the calendar?08:35
Saviqmzanetti, sure08:35
mzanettiSaviq: there's no schedule yet. but yes, I'll let you know as soon as I know anything08:35
Saviqmzanetti, cool, yeah, count me in08:35
MCRHi :)08:54
tsdgeosmzanetti: we really need to fix that "QXcbConnection: XCB error: 148 (Unknown), sequence: 148, resource id: 0, major code: 140 (Unknown), minor code: 20" thing08:54
tsdgeosit's getting silly having to retrigger so many qmluitests jobs08:54
MCRmmrazik, could you please take a look @ the compiz 0.9.10 automerger as it stopped to work recently... ?08:54
mmrazikMCR: looking08:56
tsdgeosmzanetti: also seems ps-panda-5 doesn't have the new stuff that acceps Digia licenses, can you check?08:56
MCRthanks a lot08:56
mmrazikMCR: was it actually working before?08:56
mzanettitsdgeos: yep08:56
mmrazikor maybe it was renamed?08:56
MCRmmrazik, yes08:56
MCRmmrazik, https://code.launchpad.net/~compiz-team/compiz/0.9.10/+activereviews08:56
mmrazikoh... 0.9.10 == lp:compiz08:57
MCRit worked until 04-1808:57
MCRit is not for raring anymore unfortunately...08:57
MCRbut we still need the merger, also CI and all the rest of the cool features ;)08:58
mmrazikMCR: was lp:compiz 0.9.9 until ~04-18?08:58
mzanettitsdgeos: panda-5 updated08:58
mmrazikMCR: I can fix it but I still don't understand why it worked before :-/08:59
tsdgeosmzanetti: cheers!08:59
MCRbut compiz/raring was deleted and 0.9.9 became compiz/raring08:59
MCRI think08:59
MCR(I did not do this change)08:59
mmrazikdidrocks: head/unity.cfg should have no target_branch for compiz, right (ATM it points to lp:compiz/0.9.9)?08:59
MCRsome shuffling was going on... but we already worked on 0.9.10 for some time09:00
mmrazikdidrocks:  which is the same as raring09:00
didrocksmmrazik: didn't I change that?09:00
didrocksmmrazik: let me recheck, I'm almost sure I changed it09:00
MCRhi didrocks :)09:00
mmrazikdidrocks: its still in trunk09:00
didrockshey MCR!09:00
mmrazikor let me pull..09:00
mmraziknope. its in the trunk09:01
didrocksright, I'm puzzled09:01
didrocksI'm sure I fixed it though09:01
* didrocks checks jenkins09:01
MCRthanks, didrocks09:01
mmrazikdidrocks: its not in your r21809:01
mmrazikwhich is changing raring to 0.9.909:02
didrocksmmrazik: argh, indeed09:02
mmrazikanyway... I still don't get it why 0.9.10 was landing before09:02
mmrazikdidrocks: shall I just fix it?09:02
didrocksmmrazik: I'm pushing it09:03
tsdgeosmzanetti: any chance we can fix the "libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast" on the thing that runs the qmluitests? maybe that way we get past the qxcbconnection stuff09:06
MCRdidrocks, mmrazik: Does your cryptic conversation mean it's fixed ? ;)09:07
mmrazikMCR: I'm just waiting for the triggering job to finish09:07
didrocksMCR: lp:compiz is taken into account, yeah ;)09:07
mmrazikMCR: but it looks like the jobs are queued09:07
mmrazikjust wanted to wait with the "yes, its fixed" message :)09:07
MCRcool - that was fast, thanks -> I shout out loud if the merger stays on weekend mode09:08
mmrazikMCR: yes please. Unfortunately these sort of errors are hard to find. I have a watchdog that looks for merge proposals that are approved but not merged for a long time. But that only works for branches we are "aware" of (i.e. they are configured to autoland).09:09
mmrazikin this particular case the error was that lp:compiz was not even configured to autoland09:09
MCRmmrazik, no problem @ all, if it gets fixed that fast... thanks a lot09:10
mmrazik(which was a typo)09:10
dednickSaviq: I've got to go out before our standup today and I may not be back by then. Shall i just add my work to the standup doc?09:10
Saviqdednick, please do09:10
MCRmmrazik, you are always super-responsive +109:10
mzanettitsdgeos: I'll try09:10
dednickmzanetti, Saviq: found the issue with indicators height. The BasicMenu type changed recently to a Ubuntu.Component.ListItem.Standard which has a height set. needed to heigh: undefined everything using implicitHeight09:16
Saviqdednick, ah!09:17
Saviqdednick, good catch09:17
Saviqmzanetti, pushed lp:~saviq/+junk/interface-tests with a SignalSpy and _data()-driven where applicable09:18
dednickjust making sure i didnt break anything and i'll put a MP throught09:18
mzanettiSaviq: ack. I'll check it out09:18
MCRduflu, hi. I would like to bring the ubuntu code-patches (for scale and expo for example) inline, otherwise the code is hard to maintain. Do you know the reason why they have been made Ubuntu-only ?09:27
dufluMCR: Because they did not meet Compiz standards, and more importantly upstream Compiz didn't like them :)09:29
dufluMCR: Hang on...  I upstreamed them already... !?09:30
MCRI like them and they do not need specific Ubuntu-only functions or depend on nux as far as I could tell...09:31
MCRduflu, I am not sure...09:31
MCRduflu, scale for example...09:32
dufluMCR: Looking at lp:compiz, they are not patches any more (?)09:32
dufluSo what do you mean?09:32
MCRwell, I compiled scale from lp:compiz and it does not have the close button and title overlapping...09:33
MCRI did not apply the patches yet, though...09:33
MCRso I am not 100% sure09:33
MCRduflu, do not worry about it -> I'll have to look into it in detail yet09:34
MCRjust wanted to know which was the reason in the first place09:34
dufluMCR: Oh right, the Unity modifications. No. Those live in lp:unity AFAIK and upstream does not want them. Last time I asked around.09:34
MCRsure - they should live in lp:compiz ofc09:35
dufluBesides, you can close windows with scaleaddon. A proper upstream compiz solution would use or extend scaleaddon09:35
didrockssil2100: still not around? ;)09:35
dufluMCR: No we don't want them in lp:compiz. They're ugly and Unity-look-specific :)09:35
dufluUmm, pretend I didn't say the first bit09:36
dufluMCR: Anything that looks like Unity should be in lp:unity. But feel free to add a generic-looking close/cross button09:36
Saviqdednick, I just reproduced the empty indicator on current release image, so it might not be a regression after all, or at least not a new one09:36
MCRduflu, it is not unity-specific in this case ;)09:37
MCRit will use whatever theme the user uses...09:37
dednickSaviq: does it happen when you first load the session?09:37
MCRfor the titlebar in scale09:37
Saviqdednick, not really, it happens whenever09:37
MCRbut scaleaddon would be the place to be, I agree...09:37
Saviqdednick, I think I see what the issue is09:37
dufluMCR: Hmm. Well I don't think that's the solution I would approve. But I don't approve things any more so you don't need my view09:38
dednickSaviq: hm. ok. I've seen it take quite a long time, but never not show at all. Is it a specific indicator, or anything?09:38
Saviqdednick, it happens when I release the touch before crossing the threshold that makes it show at all09:38
MCRduflu, I always respected your view ;)09:38
dednickSaviq: ah. ok09:38
MCRand still am09:38
dednickSaviq: possibly a state change issue09:38
Saviqdednick, yeah, simple way to reproduce: touch panel, drag minimally down until the grey bar comes down, release09:39
dednickSaviq: yeah. just got it09:39
MCRbut it is hard to fix things in expo for example with this patch mess...09:39
Saviqdednick, cheers09:40
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
dufluMCR: I resolved the "patch mess" last year. What are you talking about?09:41
MCRduflu, maybe I am confusing 2 issues now -> scale and expo09:41
MCRI was just working on scale recently09:42
MCRso I just noticed the scale problem and thought it might be the patch issue, but did not look into it in detail09:42
dufluMCR: There are no major scale/expo patches any more. See: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~compiz-team/compiz/0.9.10/files/head:/debian/patches/09:43
dufluI wonder how old your branch is :)09:43
MCRisn't 0.8 the right one ?09:44
=== seif is now known as Guest93284
tsdgeosdednick: why the file test_categories ?09:51
dednicktsdgeos: just a script to run the CategoryScene test.09:53
dednickalthough not really a test. just a debug scene09:53
tsdgeosdo we really need that?09:53
dednickthe Scene, or the script?09:53
tsdgeosso it's not "really a test"09:53
dednicktsdgeos: no. it's just to verify that the category results are working correctly09:54
tsdgeoscan't we do that in a test?09:54
nik90I built unity-next according to the instructions provided on wiki.ubuntu.com just to try it out. After that I removed however I noticed that there are 2 additional lenses as seen in http://imgur.com/RS0RUm4. How do I remove them?09:55
nik90does anybody know the package name?09:55
dednicktsdgeos: i guess its in the dash tests or will be when it gets merged.09:55
dednicki'll remove it.09:55
dednicktsdgeos: it was just so i could debug when writing the unity pugin stuff.09:56
tsdgeosi see09:56
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
tsdgeosdednick: any particular reason for the change in Lenses::updateLenses ?09:57
dednicktsdgeos: not really. just though more sense to have a non-visible Music lens, than Home lens (even though it's just test data).10:00
tsdgeosdednick: the fact that there is no globalresults is on purpose?10:07
dednicktsdgeos: you mean different to the normal results?10:11
tsdgeosdednick: yep10:14
tsdgeosi mean the non fake lens.cpp does10:14
tsdgeos    m_categories->setResultModel(m_results);10:14
tsdgeos    m_categories->setGlobalResultModel(m_globalResults);10:14
tsdgeosyou do10:14
tsdgeos+ m_categories->setResultModel(m_results);10:14
tsdgeos+ m_categories->setGlobalResultModel(m_results);10:14
tsdgeosit is true that we're not using globalResults anywhere i think10:16
tsdgeosso if that's the reason i'm ok10:16
tsdgeosjust asking10:16
dednicktsdgeos: yeah. we didnt seem to be. so i didnt see a point until we do.10:16
tsdgeosdednick: what's the other branch that depends on this?10:18
tsdgeoslaunchpad tells me there are 2 but when clicking on the link gives me an empty page :-S10:18
dednicktsdgeos: i would have thought the home lens would use it. but it seems to use filter models with the normal results10:18
dednicktsdgeos: https://code.launchpad.net/~nick-dedekind/unity/phablet-tests-dashcontent/+merge/159459, https://code.launchpad.net/~nick-dedekind/unity/phablet-tests-dash/+merge/16003210:20
dednicktsdgeos: i think Cimi has got some as well10:21
tsdgeosapproved, looks good10:22
dednicktsdgeos: ta10:23
dednickSaviq: https://code.launchpad.net/~nick-dedekind/unity/phablet.indicators.small-swipe/+merge/16032110:27
dednickmzanetti: https://code.launchpad.net/~nick-dedekind/indicators-client/menu-implicitHeight/+merge/16031010:27
dednickjust letting you know they're there :)10:28
Saviqdednick, awesome, approved10:30
mzanettidednick: I don't think explicitly setting height to undefined is what we should do10:30
mzanettidednick: can't we fix the issue in its root instead of working around it in some upper layers?10:31
mzanettiI can't see how this would be better than the preivous version10:31
dednickmzanetti: yeah, i wasnt really sure about that.10:31
dednickmzanetti: but the issue is in Ubuntu.Components10:31
mzanettidednick: then it'll bite us over and over again I guess unless we report a bug to the SDK guys10:32
dednickmzanetti: could maybe use implcitHeight there...10:32
mzanettidednick: yeah. I think that would be way to go10:32
Saviqdednick, yeah, sounds like if Standard has a height: defined, it's a bug10:32
Saviqdednick, please pick it up with sdk guys10:32
dednickmzanetti, Saviq: ok. who's on the sdk team ? :)10:34
=== seif is now known as Guest16675
mzanettidednick: bzoltan, timp, zsombi10:34
sil2100didrocks: eek10:34
sil2100didrocks: took me longer than I thought, uugh10:34
didrocksthe HUD 2.0 work?10:35
sil2100No, I jumped out to the bank to take out some money for Oakland ;)10:35
didrocksah ok10:35
sil2100Now, doing HUD!10:35
didrocksgreat ;)10:35
dednickmzanetti: do you know why we use implicitHeight anyway? what is the benifit?10:38
mzanettidednick: in this particular case?10:39
dednickmzanetti: ya.10:39
mzanettidednick: no... I would be fine with real height in here as its the end user representation... still the SDK using height instead of implicitHeight feels like a bug.10:40
dednickmzanetti: ok.10:40
mzanettiSaviq: wanted to keep the implicitHeight here which - regarding chewie's overengineered architecture - could make sense...10:41
mzanettidednick: ^10:41
Saviqdednick, height/width should never be defined on top-level component in a QML file10:41
Saviqdednick, implicitHeight/implicitWidth is there exactly for that purpose - "if height is not defined otherwise, here's my default height"10:42
dednickSaviq: ok. thanks.10:42
mzanettidednick: basically chewie doesn't paint a full UI itself, but rather has a set of components that are compiled together by the middleware as needed. So everything can be seen as components in there10:42
Saviqdednick, and if the component is used wrong, it's the component user's fault, not the component's10:42
dednickSaviq, mzanetti: looks like renato made changes to the ListItem to fix that issue. we're just not using an up-to-date version of ubuntu-ui-toolkit10:57
Saviqdednick, ah, so the fix wasn't released yet?10:57
dednickit's in trunk, but not sure about the ppa10:58
dednickattempting to update now and see10:58
MCRmmrazik, seems there are still Jenkins issues left... armhf builds seem failing and the links point to 404 errors11:01
mmrazikMCR: we have some issues with publishing the results to public jenkins11:01
mmrazikMCR: what is the link which gives you 404?11:01
mmrazik(for some reasons it takes up to 17h to get it published :-/)11:01
MCRthe last comment by Jenkins11:01
MCRthe failure link11:02
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
mmrazikMCR: it looks like some jenkins problem :-/ http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5595249/11:02
MCRmmrazik, the same here: https://code.launchpad.net/~mc-return/compiz/compiz.merge-showmouse-another-cleanup/+merge/15999311:03
mmrazikMCR: I need to go to doctor but will be back in ~hour11:03
mmrazikwill check it then11:03
MCRhappy healing11:03
tvossmmrazik, ping11:03
mmraziktvoss: pong11:04
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
dednickSaviq: I think we're using standard sdk that comes with raring. We should be be adding the ubuntu-sdk ppa to the build script.11:07
Saviqdednick, but it was broken on the device, which uses the phablet-team ppa11:08
dednickSaviq: i c. phablet-team doesnt include ubuntu-ui-toolkit package.11:08
Saviqso where are we getting it for the device images from....11:09
dednicki have no idea. trying to track it down now.11:10
dednickSaviq: qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-toolkit-plugin11:11
Saviqdednick, yeah that I know, just where does the package come from...11:11
Saviqright, so ubuntu-ui-toolkit is already daily-landed11:12
mzanettiSaviq: isn't michi on irc?11:15
Saviqmzanetti, at the moment he's probably in bed11:15
Saviqmzanetti, well, maybe not yet, but it's 9pm for him11:15
mzanettiSaviq: no... he comments to my MPs11:15
mzanettiSaviq: ah... I thought he would be from sweden11:15
Saviqmzanetti, nope, Brisbane11:16
mzanettioh... brisbane11:16
Saviqmzanetti, http://s-jenkins:8080/job/unity-phablet-ci/730/ stuck?11:16
Saviqor just queued..11:17
mzanettiSaviq: queued :/ we bumped the ticket's priority today morning11:17
mzanettiSaviq: the one for more VM's11:17
Saviqdamn MIR! ;P11:18
tsdgeosSaviq: proably queued, see http://s-jenkins:8080/job/unity-phablet-qmluitests/11:18
Saviqyeah it just started11:18
Cimitsdgeos, this should be ok... https://code.launchpad.net/~unity-team/unity/phablet.test_GenericLensView/+merge/16014311:27
tsdgeosCimi: you should make that depend on the other MR that does the CategoryFilter changes and stuff11:28
tsdgeosotherwise it's going to be a mess when merging11:28
mzanettitsdgeos: Saviq: good news. I think I found the issue. well not found the root cause, but found how to reliably work around it (I hope). If you see it happening again, please ping me immediately11:28
Saviqmzanetti, which one? publishing? or getting stuck?11:29
mzanettitalking about getting stuck I am11:29
Cimitsdgeos, done11:29
mzanettiSaviq: regarding the publishing: it seems to be on the public jenkins instance which is not maintained by us. martin opened a ticked11:30
Saviqmzanetti, k thanks11:30
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|lunch
sil2100didrocks: hmmm11:50
sil2100didrocks: the hud switch might be a bit troublesome11:50
nic-doffaymzanetti, got time for another quick QML Q?11:51
mzanettinic-doffay: of course11:51
nic-doffayCheck this out: https://pastebin.canonical.com/89744/11:51
nic-doffayI'm trying to pass the X & Y values of the itemAtIndex of the first Repeater into the second Repeater. What is the correct way to achieve this?11:51
mzanettinic-doffay: I wouldn't use 2 repeaters11:52
nic-doffaymzanetti, what would you suggest?11:53
mzanettinic-doffay: something like this: https://pastebin.canonical.com/89749/11:54
mzanettinic-doffay: would that work for your case?11:55
nic-doffaymzanetti, I need to specifically pass each x and y of the each dots.11:55
nic-doffayBut otherwise the formatting is better.11:56
mzanettinic-doffay: like this? https://pastebin.canonical.com/89750/11:57
mzanettinic-doffay: anyways, theDot.x and theDot.y will be 0, 0 here11:57
nic-doffaymzanetti, so that id will be the correct index?11:57
mzanettinic-doffay: you don't need the index. the whole Item {} is repeated. inside the Item {} its just like there would be only this one11:58
nic-doffaymzanetti, hmm ok. So it's probably best to regenerate the x & y from the Circle component?11:58
mzanettinic-doffay: why do you need x & y at all?11:59
mzanettinic-doffay: the whole Item takes care about positioning. inside the item you shouldn't need to know about it, do you?12:00
nic-doffaymzanetti, because the dots are positioned according to their index in a ring. The circle object for each index needs to be at the same position the dot is.12:00
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
mzanettinic-doffay: it is like this12:00
mzanettinic-doffay: if you move the Item {} around, the Dot and the Circle will also be moved accordingly, because the Item is the parent and its children will always be painted inside the parent (unless you specify something else)12:02
nic-doffaymzanetti, right, I think I misunderstood something then.12:02
nic-doffayI'll give it a go and get back to you...12:02
mzanettinic-doffay: ok. let me know how it goes.12:02
nic-doffaymzanetti, one more thing.12:03
nic-doffayI need to trigger an animation in the Dot and the Circle.12:03
nic-doffayShould I put a function in the item which calls both of them?12:03
nic-doffaythen reference it with itemAt(i).callFunction.12:04
nic-doffayWould that be the cleanest?12:04
mzanettinic-doffay: hmm... hard to say... depends a bit what the trigger is and what kind of animation12:04
Saviqnic-doffay, mzanetti I think there's one more issue here - the circles need to be in a separate layer than the  dots12:04
Saviqnic-doffay, mzanetti as the circles need to be blended with the big circle12:05
nic-doffaySaviq, is there no way you can specify the Z order of a Component?12:05
Saviqand the dots just painted on top of that12:05
Saviqnic-doffay, z-order yes, but then you need to blend12:05
nic-doffaySaviq, yeah I'm going to get the blending done after the ordering is correct.12:05
nic-doffayI just wanted to get the circles appearing first then move on to everything else.12:06
Saviqnic-doffay, btw, weren't you supposed to draw the circles in GL?12:06
Saviqnic-doffay, that's what loicm suggested, no?12:07
SaviqI thought that was the approach, too, as it'd be more performant that way12:07
mzanettiSaviq: you think it'd really be more performant?12:07
nic-doffayThe circles are being drawn with a ShaderEffect atm Saviq .12:08
nic-doffayI just haven't done any blending maths yet.12:08
Saviqnic-doffay, yes, that means an fbo per circle12:08
Saviqmzanetti, yes I believe so, if they'd be painted in single buffer instead a buffer per-circle as it is now12:09
nic-doffaySaviq, that would require more work then.12:09
mzanettiSaviq: more performant in terms of memory usage you mean... not in terms of speed12:09
mzanettiok... that could well be the case12:09
Saviqmzanetti, yeah, resources12:09
nic-doffayI wanted to get some sort of results for a video Kevin asked me to put together for the end of Thursday.12:09
Saviqnic-doffay, ok, that's fine for now, just asking12:09
mzanettiSaviq: otoh working with layer: enabled in the right place might do the trick too12:10
mzanettibut I don't know for sure12:10
Saviqmzanetti, that would only mean caching after the fact, IIUC12:10
Saviqnic-doffay, but then as I mentioned you need a separate layer for the circles and the dots, to be able to blend the center circle in between them, no?12:11
Saviqunless you get get to the z-order in a ShaderEffect, not sure, really12:11
nic-doffaySaviq, you're probably right. I'm not familiar enough with this to know atm.12:11
Saviqbut I'm afraid you can't - you just get a blended texture to sample12:12
nic-doffayWhat would be the best way to achieve that?12:12
=== mmrazik|afk is now known as mmrazik
Saviqnic-doffay, your approach with two repeaters is one possibility (btw, we need a circle Positioner)12:15
paulliuHi. I rebase to trunk today. I've add "import Unity.Test 0.1 as UT" but I got "Unity.Test" is not installed. Is there something I need to set?12:16
=== _salem is now known as salem_
paulliuOther similar tests runs good.12:17
nic-doffaySaviq, what would the Positioner be used for?12:18
Saviqpaulliu, make sure the import path for the test is set correctly12:19
Saviqnic-doffay, Positioners take a bunch of items and position them12:19
Saviqnic-doffay, we have Row, Column, Grid, Flow12:19
nic-doffaySaviq, how would this help with a circle?12:20
=== dandrader|lunch is now known as dandrader
Saviqnic-doffay, if we create a Circle one, it would just take however many items you give it as children12:20
Saviqnic-doffay, and align them in a circle12:20
Saviqnic-doffay, but that's just theoretical, I just thought of it right now ;)12:21
nic-doffaySaviq, ok at the moment I'm generating the positions from within the Dot. It would probably be simpler if I pushed my stuff and you had a review of it to see where I could improve things with QML components I'm unfamiliar with.12:21
Saviqnic-doffay, yeah, the Dot should just be that - a dot12:22
Saviqnic-doffay, the delegate of the Repeater should calculate the x/y/rotation12:22
Saviqnic-doffay, I'd probably abstract those parts that calculate that12:23
nic-doffaySaviq, here's the branch: https://code.launchpad.net/~nicolas-doffay/unity/infographics_transitions12:24
Saviqnic-doffay, and then put the Dot and the Circle inside that "x/y/rotation calculator" in a Repeater12:24
nic-doffaySaviq, I'm not sure what you mean by putting the Circle inside the calculator in the Repeater, mind giving me a quick example?12:24
mmrazikMCR: the jenkins issues should be fixed and the MPs re-approved12:34
MCRmmrazik, thanx once again +112:34
Saviqnic-doffay, that's very rudimentary and probably wrong, but something like https://pastebin.canonical.com/89755/12:34
nic-doffaySaviq, that's enough thanks a lot. So you also recommend moving it into it's own .qml?12:35
Saviqnic-doffay, if you want to abstract it, yes, there's no other way12:35
didrockssil2100: can you expand a little bit?12:37
paulliuOK, Now I got the path set corrected. But now I get "Unity" plugin "FakeUnityQml" not found while I'm doing "import Unity 0.1".12:37
sil2100didrocks: give me 5 more minutes, need to re-check something first ;)12:37
paulliuIs that still a IMPORT_PATH issue?12:37
paulliuWe currently don't have any tests for the qml have "import Unity 0.1" right now.12:38
nic-doffaySaviq, mzanetti thanks for your help as always.12:43
mzanettinic-doffay: no worries. did it help you in the end?12:44
nic-doffaymzanetti, yeah for sure.12:44
mzanettiok then12:44
Saviqpaulliu, no tests themselves, but the components under test do12:47
Saviqpaulliu, did you build?12:47
Saviqthe error you got means "the plugin was found, but can't find the plugin .so file"12:47
mzanettiSaviq: https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/unity/phablet-no-coverage-for-tests/+merge/16029212:48
paulliuSaviq: Yeah, I'm run ./build and ./run, all good.12:49
paulliuSaviq: there is libFakeUnityQml.so generated in builddir/12:49
Saviqpaulliu, please push your code and we'll have a look12:52
paulliuSaviq: ok.12:52
kgunnnic-doffay: ping12:54
MacSlowSaviq, regarding your fix-suggestions (https://code.launchpad.net/~macslow/unity/phablet-notification-renderer/+merge/155512/comments/353258) ... if I leave out the "model." from "model.<role>" in the delegate, access to the roles no longer works12:55
nic-doffaykgunn, what's up12:56
SaviqMacSlow, checking, it should only be needed when there's a naming conflict12:56
MacSlowSaviq, all data from the different roles is missing from a notification, when dropping model. and I run the test12:57
SaviqMacSlow, yeah, only the icons would be left, right12:57
SaviqMacSlow, sorry, didn't read properly - leave model. be12:57
MacSlowSaviq, good... other thing... I gladly drop the UbuntuShape for the 2x2 case (icon-summary layout case), if I knew how I could switch to just a simple Image-item there12:58
SaviqMacSlow, that's why I proposed to just switch the sources of icon and secondaryIcon12:59
SaviqMacSlow, when there's no body13:00
SaviqMacSlow, so icon would remain 6x613:00
SaviqMacSlow, do we expect transitions between standard and icon-summary?13:01
MacSlowSaviq, hm... that would then need to be documented in the 3rd-part developer docs... it's a fair approach... no there's no intention to transition like that13:02
SaviqMacSlow, why would it need to be documented?13:02
SaviqMacSlow, and anyway, I wonder if summary-body shouldn't simply assume the icon to not be there?13:03
Saviqin that case it would require docs in 3rd-party docs13:03
MacSlowSaviq, so the app-developer knows to pass in a secondary-icon, if he/she wants a icon-summary layout.13:03
SaviqMacSlow, we could just use icon13:03
SaviqMacSlow, but I do think only supporting secondaryIcon for icon-summary layout is actually better13:03
Saviqmore explicit13:03
Saviqand people won't start passing avatars to icon-summary13:04
Saviqthat would get shrunk to 2x213:04
MacSlowSaviq, yes... summary-body has no icon at all13:04
SaviqMacSlow, I wonder if this should simply be another type?13:04
SaviqMacSlow, instead of relying on body being empty?13:04
MacSlowSaviq, no... I think it's better to have it adapt implicitly instead of introducing a different notification-type just for a layout-variation13:06
SaviqMacSlow, ok then, let's go for "icon gets ignored if there's no body"13:06
Saviqsounds good?13:07
tsdgeosCimi: maybe that test can include the onmovementstarted thing? what do you think'13:17
tsdgeosthough there's not really much to test either13:19
Cimitsdgeos, mmm13:22
Cimibecause I don't really know how to test that13:23
Cimiit's a listviewwithheader thing13:23
Saviqnic-doffay, standup?13:32
nic-doffaySaviq, yep one sec.13:32
nic-doffaySaviq, not hearing anyone, mumble doing it's thing again.13:36
Saviqnic-doffay, we could hear you13:36
nic-doffaySaviq, sorted13:36
paulliuSaviq: https://code.launchpad.net/~paulliu/unity/dash_people_test/+merge/16036613:45
MacSlowSaviq, the use of strings for "Notifications.Type.Interactive" are the stand-ins until we merge in the backend, where those will come in in the final form13:48
SaviqMacSlow, yeah, but where is "type" defined?13:48
MacSlowmzanetti, Saviq: ^ is there a better way for this stand-in?13:48
SaviqMacSlow, Notification.qml doesn't have a "type" property13:48
SaviqMacSlow, unless I misread again, but was trying to look real hard :D13:48
MacSlowSaviq, oh... wait :)13:48
SaviqMacSlow, which suggests the type property isn't really used ;)13:50
SaviqMacSlow, or at least the conditions never return true, but the thing still works fine13:50
Cimimzanetti, I don't remember the file where we hace mouseMove() definition13:50
Cimior dandrader or Saviq13:51
SaviqCimi, UnityTestCase.qml, no?13:51
SaviqCimi, it's in tests/utils/ now13:51
MacSlowSaviq, bollocks... that's the problem when one works with multiple branches (locally) and assumes too much... fixed now13:51
CimiSaviq, not that13:51
CimiSaviq, it's not qt?13:51
dandraderCimi, mouseMove comes from Qt's TestCase13:51
SaviqCimi, then TestCase itself13:51
SaviqCimi, just ctrl+click on it13:51
Saviqin QtCreator13:52
Cimidandrader, I just noticed that mouseMove has a delay parameter13:53
Cimidandrader, maybe this is what we need?13:54
dandraderCimi, it's implemented with wait()13:55
Cimidandrader, but in which way?13:55
Cimidandrader, just a simple wait (delay) ?13:55
dandraderCimi, I think so13:55
Cimior like the smart way I was thinking with gerry?13:55
Cimidandrader, we're using that in the sdk13:56
Cimithe delay13:56
Cimidandrader, here https://code.launchpad.net/~tpeeters/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/panel/+merge/15839913:59
Saviqpaulliu, here's the correct CMake line:14:03
Saviqadd_qml_test(Dash DashPeople IMPORT_PATHS ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/tests/mocks ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/plugins ${qmltest_DEFAULT_IMPORT_PATHS})14:03
CimiSaviq, paulliu ordering is important too if you override plugins14:03
Saviqpaulliu, it fails with "PeoplePreviewData is unavailable", but that's correct14:03
SaviqCimi, exactly, and it's actually reverse order14:04
SaviqCimi, as in the last will be loaded first14:04
paulliuSaviq: ok.14:04
paulliuSaviq: why PeoplePreviewData is unavailable is correct? It works yesterday.14:08
Saviqpaulliu, because it needs to be implemented as a fake14:09
Saviqpaulliu, yesterday there was no fake Unity plugin, today there is one14:09
Saviqpaulliu, look in /tests/qmltests/plugins/Unity/14:09
paulliuSaviq: ok.. let me check.14:09
Saviqpaulliu, something of the sort needs to be implemented to fake the PeoplePreviewData interface14:10
paulliuSaviq: ok.14:11
paulliuSaviq: ok, so I just need to copy peoplepreviewdata.cpp to fake_peoplepreviewdata.cpp and add some mock-up data there?14:15
mhr3didrocks, hey, any idea why friends didn't build in the ppa?14:17
didrocks2013-04-23 07:09:54,550 INFO A version (0.1.1bzr13.03.26daily13.03.27ubuntu.unity.experimental.certified-0ubuntu1) is available at the destination for that component but is not in trunk which is still at 0.1.2-0ubuntu1. Ignoring that component for source: unity-lens-friends, branch: lp:~unity-team/unity-lens-friends/libunity7-compatible, series: raring.14:17
didrockscf the console :)14:17
Saviqpaulliu, not necessarily, you can create a QML component that mimics the same14:17
Saviqpaulliu, the approach is your choice14:17
paulliuSaviq: ok.14:17
mhr3didrocks, can you translate that for me?14:17
mhr3into non debian language? :P14:18
didrocksmhr3: there is a version in the certified ppa14:18
didrocksof friends14:18
didrockscalled 0.1.1bzr13.03.26daily13.03.27ubuntu.unity.experimental.certified-0ubuntu114:18
didrocksthis one was committed automagically to the changelog14:18
didrocksI guess ;)14:18
didrocksand it's not anymore in debian/changelog14:18
mhr3didrocks, so it needs to be fixed where?14:19
didrocksmhr3: I guess you removed it yesterday while doing you merge, right?14:19
didrocksmhr3: lp:~unity-team/unity-lens-friends/libunity7-compatible needs to have the changelog entry14:19
mhr3didrocks, nope, it was never there14:19
didrocksmhr3: or we can remove friends from the certified ppa14:20
didrocksuntil next run14:20
didrocksit won't look at it anymore14:20
mhr3but we do want friends in the ppa14:20
mhr3well.. the scope14:20
didrocksmhr3: I mean, removing it until next daily14:20
didrocksor until we relaunch14:21
didrocksmhr3: it's not like in distro, if we loose that changelog entry, it's not important :)14:21
mhr3didrocks, oh, why not, if that fixes it...14:21
mhr3didrocks, although i do wonder where did the changed changelog came from14:21
mhr3i suppose there's a magical sed somewhere14:21
didrocksmhr3: it was published in the certified ppa14:22
didrocksso it proposed a branch against it14:22
didrocksnot sure what happened then :)14:22
mhr3it went boom? :)14:22
didrockspossible that a merge ate it :)14:22
mhr3the bots are that hungry? i thought you feed them regularly14:23
nic-doffaySaviq, the thing with the Positioner is that the x & y implicitly rely on the item's width and height. Any recommendations?14:25
sil2100didrocks: we're getting some armhf panda permission problems in merges, but I think fginther is looking into that now ;)14:25
nic-doffayThe positioner doesn't really take that into account.14:25
sil2100ERROR:pbuilderjenkins:Permission denied14:25
didrocksmhr3: not enough apparently :)14:25
mhall119davidcalle: ping14:25
didrockssil2100: yeah, I saw the failure, ok, let's wait for Francis!14:26
Saviqnic-doffay, you're writing the positioner, so you can do whatever you need14:26
Saviqnic-doffay, so you should take the size of the children into account14:27
nic-doffaySaviq, I'm thinking of just having a variable to hold the size of a dot and circle.14:27
nic-doffaySound reasonable?14:27
Saviqnic-doffay, no ;)14:27
nic-doffayWhat would be preferable then?14:28
Saviqnic-doffay, a simple solution would be to have the positioner 0x014:28
Saviqnic-doffay, and in the delegate then anchors.centerIn14:28
Saviqnic-doffay, the actual Dot / Circle14:28
Saviqinside the positioner14:28
nic-doffaySaviq, I'm not sure I see where the child's dimensions fit into that.14:29
Saviqnic-doffay, into that they don't14:29
Saviqnic-doffay, if the positioner is 0x0, you just anchors.centerIn: parent the actual Dot / Circle14:29
Saviqnic-doffay, it's not great 'cause you're drawing outside of the parent item14:30
nic-doffayI'm still not sure how that would replace this: x: infoGraphicsHalfWidth - halfWidth + radius * Math.sin(slice)14:30
nic-doffaySaviq, where halfWidth is the dot's half width.14:31
Saviqnic-doffay, if the item you're positioning is 0x014:31
Saviqnic-doffay, there's no width or height14:32
Saviqnic-doffay, so you just need to calculate the center point14:32
Saviqso it would be « x: infoGraphicsHalfWidth + radius * Math.sin(slice) »14:32
davidcallemhall119, pong14:33
Saviqnic-doffay, and then you go Repeater { delegate: CirclePositioner { Dot { anchors.centerIn: parent } } }14:33
nic-doffaySaviq right, I think I need to look into these anchor points a bit. I'm used to setting offsets and that's about it.14:33
mhall119davidcalle: hey, you've got a couple of work items on http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1305/ that are still TODO14:33
mhall119can you update them and set them to POSTPONED if need be?14:33
Saviqnic-doffay, you should use anchor lines (they're not points) almost everywhere14:34
Saviqnic-doffay, they're faster than absolute positioning14:34
Saviqnic-doffay, and more explicit about what they are14:34
davidcallemhall119, do you have blueprint links or something? I don't find anything on summit.14:35
mhall119ah, sorry, thought I had the BP link in the clipboard14:36
mzanettiSaviq: tsdgeos: 6 new raring VM's waiting to be tortured :)14:36
Saviqmzanetti, !!!14:36
Saviqmzanetti, http://s-jenkins:8080/label/quantal&&amd64/ is waiting ;)14:37
mzanettiSaviq: http://s-jenkins:8080/label/quantal&&amd64/load-statistics14:37
mzanettithat was a busy day today :)14:37
davidcallemhall119, thanks14:38
Saviqmzanetti, that graph looks like it's smoothed out too much ;)14:38
Saviqmzanetti, we had 1.2 executors at times ;)14:38
Saviqand usually _almost_ 2, wth?14:39
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
mzanettiSaviq: yeah... the VMs shut themselves down when unused14:43
mzanettiSaviq: that makes them disappear from the available executors.14:43
mzanettiSaviq: quite weird... but bottomline is: if the grey one is higher than the red one we have an issue14:43
Saviqmzanetti, yeah, and then the graph is smoothed out, which makes it all look really weird ;)14:44
tsdgeosrunning the qtdeclarative unittests14:56
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
tsdgeoshas left me with around 50 ghost entries in unity14:56
sil2100didrocks: merged \o/15:03
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/rename_libhud-qt/+merge/16038015:03
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/phone-app/rename_libhud-qt/+merge/16039115:03
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/gallery-app/rename_libhud-qt/+merge/16039815:03
sil2100Looking for others15:03
nic-doffaySaviq, is this looking ok?15:04
matzipanhey, guys, how can i join unity-design, the mailing list?15:05
Saviqnic-doffay, property int totalElements: parent.totalElements15:05
nic-doffayI'm going to have to replace the sprite.x & y with the child's x & y, but I'm not sure how to get that info since it's a delegate.15:05
Saviqnic-doffay, how do you know that parent has totalElements? ;)15:05
nic-doffayAny better way of getting the Repeaters count Saviq ?15:05
Saviqnic-doffay, you should avoid referencing objects that are out of your scope15:05
Saviqnic-doffay, yeah, pass it through in the delegate15:06
Saviqnic-doffay, Repeater { id: repeater; delegate: Item { value: repeater.value } }15:06
Saviqnic-doffay, use Positioner.index explicitly15:06
Saviqinstead of just index15:06
nic-doffaySaviq, same goes for the width, height and x & y I'm assuming?15:06
Saviqnic-doffay, you should use "width" and "height" in your calculations, not implicis15:07
Saviqnic-doffay, 'cause if someone overrides the dimensions of your positioner, you need to take that into account15:08
Saviqnic-doffay, and why property int angle? why not rotation: straight away?15:08
Saviqnic-doffay, also, you need to pass the center of the circle somewhere15:09
nic-doffaySaviq, would that not be the implicitWidth of all the children / 2?15:09
nic-doffayAt least that's what I assumed.15:09
Saviqnic-doffay, implicit width / height, is the default15:10
Saviqnic-doffay, but if the user of the component decides to override it for whatever reason15:10
Saviqhe will provide a width: and height:15:10
Saviqnic-doffay, otherwise they will be bound to the implicits15:11
nic-doffayGot it Saviq15:11
nic-doffaySo should I replace implicitWidth and height with other variables?15:11
Saviqnic-doffay, no, let it be, it's correct as is15:12
Saviqnic-doffay, by default it will be the dimensions of the children15:12
Saviqnic-doffay, but in calculating x and y15:12
Saviqnic-doffay, you need to use actual "width" and "height"15:12
nic-doffaySaviq, which will be passed in by the Repeater I'm assuming.15:12
Saviqnic-doffay, it will be bound to implicits15:13
Saviqnic-doffay, unless you override it somewhere15:13
didrockskenvandine: mind reviewing sil2100's branches?15:13
Saviqnic-doffay, why do you need sprite at all?15:13
didrocksah those, easy, can do :)15:13
nic-doffaySaviq, I don't I said I'll replace that earlier.15:13
kenvandinedidrocks, i would love to!15:13
Saviqnic-doffay, if the assets are square (which they should be) you don't care about that15:14
didrockssil2100: I think all apps are concerned :) starting from -config should help15:14
sil2100didrocks: indeed it looks like that!15:15
kenvandinesil2100, just point me at branches as needed15:18
tedgmpt, Is there a reason we don't show the security of the access point in the panel?15:21
tedgmpt, i.e. whether it's WPA or not.15:21
mpttedg, I hadn't even thought about it.15:21
tedgmpt, It isn't done on other OSes, but it seems like useful information.15:22
mptWhat would you do differently as a result?15:22
tedgThat's what I was trying to figure out.15:22
mptI mean, you'd better not be thinking "This is a secure wi-fi connection, so it's okay for me to send my credit card details over unencrypted HTTP"15:22
tedgThe only thing I could think of is that it could be key in realizing I was on my home network vs. the Starbucks next door.15:23
tedgPerhaps whether I'd turn on a VPN or not?15:23
Saviqtsdgeos, Cimi, dandrader, mzanetti MacSlow, nic-doffay, paulliu, I'm close to EOD and back in OAK15:24
tsdgeosSaviq: enjoy15:24
nic-doffaySaviq, cheers!15:24
Saviqwill have network until tomorrow ~noon CET, so ping me with anything urgent15:24
dandraderSaviq, ok. see you in OAK15:24
CimiSaviq, ciao!15:24
MacSlowSaviq, nearly done with the MR-fixes... only the wire-up of the actions is undergoing15:25
Saviqotherwise, you behave!15:25
MacSlowSaviq, see you in Oakland15:25
SaviqMacSlow, we'll see how my evening goes, might still get to it ;)15:25
mzanettiSaviq: ok then. take care15:25
MacSlowSaviq, apart from the working action wire-up I've pushed all changes already... so you'll have something to review if you find the time :)15:26
paulliuSaviq: see you there.15:27
sil2100kenvandine: ok! One coming right up!15:29
sil2100kenvandine: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/share-app/rename_libhud-qt_and_hud1/+merge/16041115:29
sil2100kenvandine: another one! https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/camera-app/rename_libhud-qt_and_hud1/+merge/16041615:45
nic-doffaymzanetti, got a moment to look at this? https://pastebin.canonical.com/89782/16:02
nic-doffayWhat's the best way to trigger something on each dot outside the scope now that I'm using a delegate?16:02
mzanettinic-doffay: eating right now... will come back to you in 10 mins16:04
mzanettinic-doffay: what exactly do you want to do?16:13
nic-doffayCall a function which is a member of the Dot component from outside the repeater's scope.16:17
nic-doffaymzanetti, ^16:17
mzanettinic-doffay: for all the items or just a specific one?16:18
mzanettinic-doffay: if you need to change some state in the dots, create a property. like this: https://pastebin.canonical.com/89785/16:20
mzanettinic-doffay: if you need to execute imperative code, you can use a signal: https://pastebin.canonical.com/89786/16:23
nic-doffayThanks mzanetti looks like I'll be using a signal.16:26
sil2100kenvandine: and yet another one: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/mediaplayer-app/rename_libhud-qt_and_hud1/+merge/16042716:26
sil2100(sorry it took so long, had a context switch)16:27
* sil2100 is wondering if he missed anything else16:35
tsdgeossil2100: gallery?16:37
tsdgeosalmost every phone-app uses Hud16:37
tsdgeosit was the only way to quit until yesterday :D16:37
sil2100tsdgeos: thanks, I missed the browser app it seems ;)16:37
tsdgeossil2100: calculator, calendar, clock?16:39
mzanettitsdgeos: hey16:40
mzanettitsdgeos: http://s-jenkins:8080/job/generic-mediumtests/1559/16:41
mzanettithere is a hud test failing now16:41
mzanettitsdgeos: I think just the state needs to be updated from "moving" to "spreadMoving"16:41
mzanettitsdgeos: could you confirm its just that?16:42
tsdgeoswhas that changed recently?16:42
sil2100tsdgeos: those are not in daily-building yet;)16:42
tsdgeossil2100: oki16:43
mzanettitsdgeos: don't know. I just see it failing now - reproduceable16:43
tsdgeosmzanetti: which state are we speaking of?16:44
tsdgeosmzanetti: it's already spreadMoving16:45
mzanettiin show_launcher    self.assertThat(launcher.state, Eventually(Equals("spreadMoving")))16:45
mzanettiMismatchError: After 10.0 seconds test on Launcher.state failed: 'spreadMoving' != dbus.String(u'moving', variant_level=1)16:45
tsdgeosso your sentence was backwards16:45
mzanettitsdgeos: I wonder how this could happen... shouldn't autolanding already have failed here?16:46
tsdgeosmzanetti: anyway what's wrong is not that16:46
tsdgeoslook at that launcher16:46
tsdgeosis like 10 pixels of the border16:46
tsdgeosmzanetti: it should i guess16:46
tsdgeoscan you locally reproduce the launcher being off?16:47
* tsdgeos can't16:47
mzanettime neither16:47
tsdgeosbut you can reproduce the autopilot problem?16:48
mzanettilet me test locally.... so far I just know that all our builds fail because of this16:48
* tsdgeos doesn't remember anymore how to run autopilot :D16:49
tsdgeosautopilot run16:49
mzanettitsdgeos: autopilot list16:49
mzanettitsdgeos: or make autopilot16:49
mzanettisegfaults here16:50
tsdgeossame here16:50
mzanettineed to LD_LIBRARY_PATH the builddir somehow16:50
tsdgeoscommand? then16:51
mzanettiif the run script wouldn't be broken for additional arguments /16:51
tsdgeosLD_LIBRARY_PATH=. make autopilot ?16:51
tsdgeosno luck here16:51
mzanettiI think this is needed too: export QML2_IMPORT_PATH=$PWD/builddir/plugins:$PWD/builddir/tests/mocks16:51
tsdgeoslisten, i need to go, feeling quite a bit sick, need to lie for a while in the bed16:52
mzanettiexport LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/../unity_build/build/lib16:52
mzanettitsdgeos: ^16:52
tsdgeosi'll have a look toorrow first thing if you haven't got to it16:53
tsdgeossorry bout that16:53
sil2100kenvandine: this more -> https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/webbrowser-app/rename_libhud-qt/+merge/160436 ;)16:56
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|sun
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
sil2100tedg: hi!17:28
sil2100tedg: you around? ;)17:28
tedgThough, thinking about lunch :-)17:29
sil2100tedg: just a quick question then! Since I didn't use HUD 2.0 recently, I'd like to know if what we have here is correct:17:29
sil2100http:// <- the HUD results are something like "Text here bla bla ()" <- what's with that () ?17:30
tedgsil2100, Is this for Unity Nux ?17:30
tedgOh, need VPN.17:31
sil2100tedg: it's from the daily-build-next PPA, so it's still using unity nux there, just with the new HUD?17:31
tedgsil2100, Ah, yeah.  So that changed from 1 to 217:31
tedgsil2100, It used to be "File > New" and now it's "New (File)"17:32
tedgSo then "File > Doc > New" would be "New (File, Doc)"17:32
sil2100Ok, makes sense now, thanks - I'll have to fix up the autopilot tests for that then, got a bit confused when I saw that first17:32
sil2100Grab lunch!17:32
tedgWe should probably hide the () when there are no entries though.17:32
tedgThat's confusing.17:32
mmrazik|afkfginther, mzanetti, Saviq: according to IS the publishing issues should be resolved17:42
mmrazik|afkyup. 1 job in the queue17:43
mmrazik|afkcompared to ~530 in the morning17:43
mzanettimmrazik|afk: thanks17:43
=== kdub is now known as kdub^lunch
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
=== _salem is now known as salem_
=== kdub^lunch is now known as kdub
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
=== broder_ is now known as broder
=== larsu is now known as Guest5030
tedgHey alesage, I think this one is not my fault.  Do you know what causes this?  https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/hud-raring-amd64-ci/17/console21:54
alesagetedg, yes I saw that; we've been having publishing troubles, I'll re-run the job21:55
tedgalesage, Ah, okay.  Thanks!21:55
robrumterry (or anybody really), I need a bit of help with a packaging issue. I need to know the difference between debian/tmp and debian/binary-package-name and what kind of logic DH uses to pick which of those it uses. I've got a package where I'm trying to build multiple binary packages and dh_install is dumping files from both binary packages into debian/tmp where they clobber each other. Some documentation indicates that23:41
robrudebian/[binary-package-name] is the default, but it's not using that and I'm not sure how to make it use that.23:41

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!