=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
* slangasek waves15:00
* stgraber waves15:00
meetingologyMeeting started Wed May 22 15:02:10 2013 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired15:02
slangasek[TOPIC] Lightning round15:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek cjwatson xnox stokachu)15:02
slangasekstgraber ev xnox jodh cjwatson doko slangasek barry bdmurray stokachu15:03
slangasekNB: ev is off today, so being third doesn't actually give you much breathing room ;)15:03
stgraberMonday was a public holiday.15:03
stgraberBlueprint-related work:15:03
stgraber - Image based updates (BLUEPRINT: foundations-1305-image-based-updates)15:03
stgraber  - Waiting on review of the GPG implementation plan, need to get the keys generated and signed after that.15:03
stgraber  - Waiting for IS to setup the image based update server.15:03
stgraber  - Followed up with Ondrej, making some progress getting tar working in recovery.15:03
stgraber  - Ported the tarball diffing tool to using python3-tarfile.15:03
stgraberOther work:15:03
stgraber - vUDS Tuesday to Thursday15:03
stgraber - release/cdimage15:03
stgraber   - Rolled out self-respin feature to the ISO tracker15:03
stgraber   - Rewrote the qa-product handling of cdimage to use a list of all products and allow reverse lookups15:03
stgraber   - Started working on integrating the last bits with nusakan (cron to query the list of pending rebuilds, start them and update the status)15:03
stgraber - Ubuntu Touch container flip15:03
stgraber  - Got some help from ogra to get my Nexus 4 to boot straight into Ubuntu (no more Android)15:03
stgraber  - Wrote some scripts and LXC configuration to start Android in LXC15:04
stgraber  - Wrote some more integration code to make Ubuntu happy with that and get the shell running.15:04
stgraber  - Result => I have a nexus4 with the phone shell running directly on Ubuntu with SurfaceFlinger running in an LXC container15:04
stgraber - LXC15:04
stgraber  - Pushed C implementation of get_ips in LXC API, dropped the python implementation and update the bindings15:04
stgraber - Conferences15:04
stgraber  - Booked travel for Debconf201315:04
stgraber  - Booked travel for Linux Plumbers 2013 and did some follow-up for the micro-conference we're organizing there (containers)15:04
stgraber - Patch pilot on Monday15:04
stgraber - Finish self-rebuilds feature implementation on nusakan15:04
stgraber - Implement some of the remaining bits for the image based update server tools15:04
stgraber - Continue helping people with the container flip whenever they're stuck on LXC-related bits15:04
stgraber - Process some pending merges15:04
* ogra_ had some help from stgraber to get lxc running on top of a pure booted ubuntu :)15:04
ogra_stgraber rocks !15:04
xnox* Second day back from holliday.15:04
xnox* Catch up on mail/pings/merges/boost1.53/debian15:04
xnox* Also overdue patch-piloting for a little yesterday15:04
xnoxsyncs, merges & outstanding ubiquity overflow from last cycle.15:05
slangasekstgraber, ogra_: great work!  When will the container flip reach the daily images?15:05
jodh* foundations-1305-upstart-app-launching15:05
jodh  - libupstart:15:05
jodh    - Library and abi-compliance-checker integration: DONE15:05
jodh    - Test: INPROGRESS15:05
jodh    - Code: lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/libupstart15:05
jodh  - bug 1159895: Started work.15:05
ubottubug 1159895 in upstart "Allow for unsetting inherited variables" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/115989515:05
jodh* misc:15:05
jodh  - Got a fix for the upstart logger bug stgraber reported. Currently15:06
jodh    working on a new test for it.15:06
jodh* TODO:15:06
jodh  - Register for DebConf13.15:06
ogra_slangasek, once it actually works :P15:06
cjwatsonfoundations-1305-click-package: Working on a simple hooks implementation.15:06
cjwatsonLots of merges, syncs, and generally trying to keep up with Debian.15:06
cjwatson - Fixed new scribus build failure on ARM.15:06
cjwatson - Fixed git-annex versioning chaos.15:06
slangasekogra_: I thought surfaceflinger is running, sounds like it's working to me :)15:06
cjwatson - Pushed Ubuntu changes to mklibs, rootskel (in part), debootstrap, rescue, sweep, and texi2html to Debian.15:06
cjwatson - Worked on transitions for libgd3, libsnmp30, vdr-abi-2.0.0-debian, and R 3.0.0.  Several resulting build failures which I've been pushing to Debian as I go.15:06
ogra_slangasek, all i manage atm is to get the gui up manually15:06
cjwatsonFixed bug 1180880, which broke oem-config's debconf frontend on non-i386.15:06
ubottubug 1180880 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "Crash when starting oem-config on Ubuntu Server 12.04 amd64." [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/118088015:06
cjwatsonHeavily revised openssh's packaging, partly to take account of Steve's recent ubuntu-devel posting on Upstart job handling, and partly to dispose of ~8500 lines relating to very old upgrade handling.15:06
cjwatsonAdjusted binfmt-support in light of new Upstart job handling policy.15:06
cjwatsonCurrently trying to figure out why all our livefs builds have stalled.  Looks like a udev (i.e. now systemd) regression.15:06
slangasekogra_: ah, alright15:07
doko- investigated and fixed gcj builds and gcj build faiures on multiarch systems w15:08
dokoith glibc-2.1715:08
doko- made libstdc++-4.8-dev m-a same again15:08
doko- gcc snapshot builds15:08
doko- python multiarch fixes15:08
doko- proposed java7 for debian15:08
doko- started on the aondroid cross toolchain15:08
dokoand Mon was a bank holiday15:08
slangasek * missed vUDS last week while on vacation, will catch up on the videos/blueprints later... but if there's anything you think I need to know about, feel free to flag it to me15:09
slangasek * uploaded sysvinit and friends to saucy, bringing the Debian and Ubuntu upstart support in line and opening the flood gates for upstart patches into Debian unstable15:09
slangasek * work on partner packages15:09
slangasek * MP reviews are owed on upstart and update-notifier :/15:10
barryimage based updates - completed the http/https refactoring15:10
barrylp: #105884 - pyc file corruption; (hopeful) fix landed in saucy.  waiting a few days before starting the sru process for precise & raring15:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 105884 in compiz (Ubuntu) "[apport] compiz.real crashed with SIGSEGV in removeScreenAction()" [Medium,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/10588415:10
barrytodo: image based updates - implement the gpg keyring regime, logging/debugging, reboot initiation.15:10
bdmurraypushed fix for errors bug 1178027 re multiget vs xget15:11
bdmurraydaisy: tested code to back fill bucketsystems15:11
bdmurrayerrors: set the problem page html title15:11
bdmurrayreported errors bug 118132915:11
bdmurraymodified phased-updater code to keep track of emails sent15:11
ubottubug 1178027 in Errors "cassandra.get_package_new_buckets only gets 100 items from srcversionbuckets_cf" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/117802715:11
bdmurrayemailed ubuntu-release regarding phased updates report review15:11
ubottubug 1181329 in Errors "truncated tracebacks" [Low,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/118132915:11
barryer, lp: #105888415:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1058884 in python3.3 (Ubuntu Raring) "Race condition in py_compile corrupts pyc files" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/105888415:11
bdmurrayreview of errors in the released SRU report15:11
bdmurrayreported apport bug 1179979 regarding (add-apt-repository and apt-add-repository)15:11
ubottubug 1179979 in apport (Ubuntu) "symlinks create different python tracebacks" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/117997915:11
bdmurrayinvestigation into odd bash error appearing as a regression when it is not15:11
bdmurrayubuntu-release-upgrader fix for unicode error (lp: #1177821)15:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1177821 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "não atualiza para a versão 13.10" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/117782115:11
bdmurraybug triage of free space on boot ubuntu-release-upgrader issue (lp: #1173468)15:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1173468 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "release upgrade doesn't properly calculate free space needed for /boot" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/117346815:11
bdmurrayuploaded R SRU for bug 1173209 regarding ubuntu-release-upgrader15:11
ubottubug 1173209 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Raring) "Prompted about New Release for 13.04 again after dist-upgrade and a restart" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/117320915:11
bdmurrayupdated meta-release-proposed for raring and bug 117320915:11
bdmurraymerge proposal for update-manager phased-update calculation change15:11
bdmurrayresearch into bug 1173013 regarding gksu and gdebi15:11
bdmurraypython compiled corruption issue research15:11
bdmurraymetarelease file changes for H and O15:11
ubottubug 1173013 in gdebi (Ubuntu) "Administrative Password Not Recognized" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/117301315:11
bdmurraycreation and testing of "sru-accept2.0" to aid in reviewing and accepting SRUs15:11
bdmurraywith kees set the bug supervisor for ubuntu to ubuntu-bugcontrol and removed ubuntu-bugcontrol from ubuntu-bugs15:12
bdmurrayemail to bugcontrol regarding team removal15:12
bdmurrayrecording of virtual UDS sessions15:12
bdmurray⌁ done ⌁15:12
stokachunothing on fire this week, spent past two weeks working on internal projects. done.15:12
slangasekdoko: will the android cross-toolchain still be ready by end of month?15:12
dokoslangasek, will tell you that next monday15:13
slangasek[TOPIC] Bugs15:14
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Bugs
slangasekbdmurray: not sure if there's anything to talk about here, or if you've been dishing these out directly by mail?15:15
bdmurrayslangasek: nothing to talk about here15:15
stokachufirst rule of fight club?15:15
slangasekstokachu: and nothing new on your side either?15:16
stokachuslangasek: nothing new this week15:16
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB15:16
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekthis could be a short meeting then :)15:16
=== mmrazik is now known as mmrazik|afk
slangasekanything else you guys want to mention?15:16
stokachui need a sponsor for debian15:17
slangasekdon't look at me, I'm lucky to find time to upload my own packages :/15:17
xnoxstokachu: did you file RFS on bts? with a dsc on mentors?15:17
stokachuxnox: yep15:17
xnoxstokachu: link?15:17
stokachuxnox: there were a few suggestions that i fixed from liang before he uploaded to ftpmaster15:20
xnoxstokachu: i wonder, it it would be usefult to collect sosreport from apport.15:21
stokachuxnox: yea more than likely it would be something like a apport plugin to run sosreport15:21
stokachui just havent found time to see where it fits best15:21
stokachuanother big push is from the cloud guys wanted to provide this by default on the images15:22
stokachuxnox: yay! thank you :D:D15:26
* slangasek returns from restarting his desktop session and glares at firefox15:26
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed May 22 15:27:14 2013 UTC.15:27
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-05-22-15.02.moin.txt15:27
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-05-22-15.02.html15:27
stokachuxnox: now i just wait for ftpmaster to approve and we are good to go?15:27
slangasek... before this turns into a rant about desktop stability ;)15:27
slangasekthanks, everyone!15:27
xnoxstokachu: correct, there should a mail soonish stating the fact that it's in the new queue.15:28
stokachuxnox: cool yep i just got it15:28
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
rbasak /wc15:57
howard_When is the next Kubuntu Team meeting? The listing I see is for last March.16:04
Riddellhoward_: we just had one16:05
Riddellhoward_: what are you wanting at one?16:05
howard_I wish to observe (if permitted)16:05
Riddellall welcome, best subscribe to kubuntu-devel mailing list for notifications and hang around in #kubuntu-devel for most development16:05
=== medberry is now known as med_
=== marlinc is now known as Marlinc
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_
=== Tonio_ is now known as Tonio_aw
=== Tonio_aw is now known as Tonio_

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!