=== asac` is now known as asac
bschaefersmspillaz, ping02:18
smspillazbschaefer: gotta go have dinner (I'm in your timezone!) but what's up ?02:20
smspillazI can reply in like02:21
smspillaz30 min02:21
bschaefersmspillaz, o awesome02:21
bschaefersmspillaz, cool, ill be a round for a bit :), have a nice dinner!02:21
smspillazbschaefer: btw the thing I just proposed will fix the jumping around problem you were having02:25
smspillaz(but your branch is still relevant)02:25
bschaefersmspillaz, I just saw, and was going to start reviewing it :)02:25
smspillazbschaefer: thanks. Please throw it at the wall and see if you can make anything break03:01
smspillazThe tests should cover most of it, but there could be some usecase I haven't run into yet03:01
bschaefersmspillaz, will do, some tests are failing and hanging though03:01
bschaeferalso I was able to fix my branch to not resize it self a bunch...which is why I pinged you :)03:02
smspillazbschaefer: ah, re: hanging tests, just wait until your system cools off and try them again03:02
smspillazbut if they are failing let me know03:02
smspillazbschaefer: llvmpipe can hang sometimes, dunno why03:02
bschaefersmspillaz, yeah, just posted a comment, I still have some more reviewing...03:03
bschaeferim actually running in software rending mode...cause some problems with lightdm03:03
bschaefersmspillaz, if you take a look: https://code.launchpad.net/~brandontschaefer/compiz/fix-lp.892012/+merge/16851903:04
bschaefersmspillaz, the problems I was running into was to many restoreGeo was being called03:04
bschaeferwere being*03:05
smspillazbschaefer: hmm, I think your previous approach to determining which save bits to call saveGeometry with was better03:07
smspillazbschaefer: (although technically, it shouldn't really matter)03:07
bschaefersmspillaz, possibly..but once I added in the bits for the horz stuff it was no longer working :(03:08
smspillazbschaefer: basically, I don't know if calling restoreGeometry with all the bits set in every case is such a good idea03:08
smspillazin the vertical maximize case, you are still able to move the window horizontally03:08
smspillazso when you restore it, you don't also want to restore the saved X co-ordinate03:08
bschaefersmspillaz, right, everything was working when doing V -> H -> F max03:08
bschaeferand then restoring03:09
bschaefersmspillaz, but the grid plugin does it stuff after the window.cpp stuff right?03:09
smspillazI think it moves the window to the correct position yes03:09
bschaeferwhich is what controls most of the H/V positions03:09
smspillazbut that sounds like something that should be handled int the grid plugin and not core03:10
smspillazsince vertical maximization in-place is still a valid usecase03:10
bschaeferright, and they are? IIRC, at lease for the vert stuff, when you move from right vert to left vert03:10
bschaeferand restoring, its handled in the grid plugin03:10
smspillazbschaefer: middle click the maximize button03:10
smspillazit will maximize in place03:10
* bschaefer needs to re-install that branch03:10
bschaeferi've been doing ctrl+super+up03:11
smspillazbschaefer: also works03:11
smspillazalso I'm pretty sure the semi-maximize design documents specify that a 3-touch drag allows you to move the window on the horizontal axis03:11
smspillazif you unmaximize from there, it gets restored to the original horizontal position, which is incorrect03:11
bschaeferreally? Cause it seems design wants it to be at the original pos...03:12
smspillazbschaefer: only for the "I semi maximized a window, didn't move it and then un-semi-maximized it"03:12
bschaefersmspillaz, hmm right now it restores it to its orig pos03:13
bschaefersmspillaz, i might be a bit confused on the current design docs...but sometimes when you go from semi-max to unsemi max it restores half of its position03:14
bschaeferif that makes sense...03:15
bschaeferso sometimes for Vert semi max -> Un semi max, it'll restore its X | W but leave the Y | H the same as when it was in vert semi max...but I think thats a different problem...03:15
smspillazbschaefer: at the moment if you vertically maximize a window and then move it horizontally (which is permitted) it gets restored to its original Y and Height position but its X and Width stays the same03:16
bschaefersmspillaz, hmm at lease with my branch, which is what im on atm...allows the semi maxed window to be dragged along the X axis, leaving its Y | W| H untouched03:18
bschaeferis that expected?03:18
bschaefersame with Horz, but it just moves along the Y axis, leaving the other 3 untouched03:18
bschaeferalso my branch seems to fail to restore just a Maxed window :( opps03:19
smspillazbschaefer: yes, dragging along X / Y for V / H is the correct behavior03:22
smspillazbschaefer: so, what I've been thinking is that you can probably get around all this from within grid itself03:22
bschaefersmspillaz, the problem is the full max isn't handled in the grid plugin though03:23
bschaeferand cool, i was just going to look at testing that on trunk compiz...03:23
smspillazbschaefer: it shouldn't matter03:23
bschaefersmspillaz, hmm cause right now the grid plugin *knows* the orig position, the problem is I didn't see where to restore it in there03:23
bschaeferrestoring a full max is just like restoring from a V/H right?03:24
smspillazbschaefer: basically - do this. When we semi-maximize a window using a keybinding, write CWX | CWWidth to window->saveMask ()03:24
bschaeferwhich should go through the grid plugin...03:24
smspillazand then write the x and width to window->saveWc ()03:24
smspillaz(both of those return a reference)03:24
smspillaz(stupid design, yes, but you can use it to your advantage)03:25
bschaeferalright, the xwc is used when restoring03:25
smspillazthen when the window gets restored it will be restored to those positions03:25
bschaeferwhich is I overwrite that with the orig position...things should *restore* correctly...03:25
smspillazbschaefer: then when the window is grabbed, use that notification in the grid plugin to unset those bits03:25
bschaefersmspillaz, cool, I like that idea a lot more03:25
smspillazso that it restores correctly if its been moved03:25
smspillazotherwise it restores to its original position03:26
bschaefersmspillaz, yeah, instead of jumping :)03:26
bschaefersmspillaz, cool, Ill give that a shot tomorrow!03:26
* bschaefer has been working to long today03:26
bschaefersmspillaz, were at are in on the coast?03:26
bschaeferare you*03:27
bschaefergeez...my grammar is falling apart...03:27
smspillazbschaefer: I'm on Vancouver Island at the moment03:28
bschaefersmspillaz, nice, thats like 3 hours away, though ive never actually been to Canada...03:28
bschaeferi hear its nice over there though03:29
=== jono is now known as Guest59629
Saviqdidrocks, ready when you are07:12
didrocksSaviq: I'm finishing a MIR review, so in 15 minutes?07:13
Saviqdidrocks, sure07:13
veebersMacSlow: ping07:16
MacSlowveebers, poing07:18
tsdgeoswho do i complain to if indicator-session was using 6G of mem?07:49
didrocksSaviq: hey hey, sorry too longer than expected, but wanted to be completely free (of mind!) first :)07:52
seb128tsdgeos, charles / larsu / ted (in order)07:52
didrocksI would have surely put ted first :p07:52
Saviqdidrocks, is fine07:52
Saviqdidrocks, so, what do we do?07:53
didrocksSaviq: so, qtubuntu will contain only some API for the shell in the end?07:53
didrocksor some part for apps and other for shell?07:53
didrocksshould we just have a shell QPA source?07:53
tsdgeoscharles: larsu: my indicator-session was making things move a bit "slow" eating 6G of RAM :D I have a screenshot as my proof, but can't give you much more info than that07:53
Saviqdidrocks, there's four parts to this - app-facing API (if any), shell-facing API, QPA plugin and server QPA plugin07:54
didrocksSaviq: maybe you would prefer a hangout? easier to discuss?07:54
Saviqdidrocks, the last one is a new Mir thing07:54
Saviqdidrocks, I'm good either way, your call07:54
didrocksSaviq: let's grab some water and hangout, will sned you a list :)07:54
Saviqdidrocks, k07:55
greybackSaviq: I think if there's anything app-facing required, the SDK is a better place for it07:55
Saviqgreyback, +107:57
didrocksyep :)07:57
didrocksSaviq: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/92830073494505ef6a817bf10fc66b0d469a19df?hl=fr07:59
didrocksor without fr :p07:59
tvossSaviq, ping08:05
Saviqtvoss, otp08:05
tvossSaviq, ack08:05
tsdgeosi can make the thing segfault if i close it while the infographic is drawing08:16
Saviqtvoss, pong08:27
Saviqtsdgeos, you should never close it :P08:27
tvossSaviq, cc'ed you on a mail regarding accessibility08:27
tsdgeosit's so preeeetyyyyy08:27
Saviqtvoss, k08:27
* tvoss remembers someone from big bang theory falling in love with siri08:28
tvossseems like tsdgeos is about to take his ubuntu phone out to a date :)08:28
MCRHi @all08:35
sil2100Ah ha!08:42
sil2100didrocks: I re-ran indicators with 'check whole PPA' (to use my fixed, reverted unity) and check passed \o/08:42
seb128sil2100, oh, are we getting stacks published finally today? ;-)08:43
sil2100seb128: I hope so! Now re-running unity ;)08:44
didrockssil2100: \o/ \o/ \o/08:45
didrockssil2100: nice work on the revert ;)08:45
sil2100didrocks, seb128: btw. my ISP called some minutes ago and informed me that in around 30 minutes I'll have an internet outage for a short while due to some maintainence08:47
didrockssil2100: at least, they inform you :)08:47
sil2100For the first time actually, but I guess those other times they didn't plan even ;)08:48
MCRJust wanted to inform everyone that smspillaz created working PPAs of Compiz 0.9.10 for Raring and Saucy08:48
didrocksheh :)08:48
MCRsmspillaz, thanks a lot 4 this !08:48
seb128MCR, great, you should perhaps email the ubuntu-desktop list about that?08:48
seb128smspillaz, ^ or you08:48
MCRseb128, I am in the process of testing those, have to purge a few PPAs here first...08:49
MCRbut you are right -> we should publish their existence08:49
MCRI just asked here yesterday for those and do not want that sil2100 or didrocks do redundant work08:50
MCRby setting up additional PPAs08:50
MCRwe have 84 bugs fixed in 0.9.10 already and a huge load of other improvements08:51
* MCR is excited08:51
MCRCompiz 0.9.10 will be *awesome*08:53
didrocksSaviq: FYI: https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/qtubuntu/move_android_only/+merge/171965 and seed change done08:53
didrocksrsalveti: do you have some time to have a look at https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/qtubuntu/move_android_only/+merge/171965?08:54
seb128MCR, I hope there is not too many breakages going with it, compiz has an history to break on the right when you fix a bug on the left08:55
MCRseb128, no breakages expected08:55
seb128you never expect those08:55
seb128they just happen...08:55
MCRwe have many users helping us and running trunk already08:55
seb128good, let's see08:56
seb128I will opt in for the ppa if you confirm it works08:56
MCRregressions have highest priority08:56
MCRthey will get fixed immediately08:56
* MCR hates Compiz regressions08:56
seb128good to know ;-)08:56
* MCR will not allow them08:56
seb128what's the ppa btw?08:57
MCRseb128, please give me 30 minutes to test first...08:57
* MCR has to edit his sources.list for PPA-purge to work, then purge 3 PPAs, then test the new one08:58
MCR~30 min08:58
didrocksMCR: the qt regression is fixed you mean? :)08:59
MCRqt regression ?09:00
MCRcould you point me to the bug09:00
MCRdidrocks, here you find the list of 0.9.10 milestones: https://launchpad.net/compiz/+milestone/
didrocksSaviq: https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/unity-api/better-package-description/+merge/171968 btw09:02
didrocksMCR: I'm unsure it's https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1171314, andyrocks would know09:05
ubot5Launchpad bug 1171314 in Compiz "Window stacking order messed up for dialogs/overlays" [High,In progress]09:05
MCRdidrocks, AFAIK Sam works on that @ the moment09:06
didrocksMCR: yeah, I think it's that one, we need to wait for the fix before releasing anyway09:06
MCRa branch is linked already, but not merged yet09:06
sil2100didrocks: ready for some ACKs before I get disconnected ;p ?09:10
didrockssil2100: sure!09:10
sil2100didrocks: <- settings09:11
didrockssil2100: ack09:12
MCRDo you know the shortest computer-specialist joke ?09:12
sil2100didrocks: <- webcreds09:12
MCRIt's fixed in a minute.09:12
sil2100didrocks: <- platform09:13
didrockssil2100: good good :)09:13
didrockswait for the last one :p09:13
didrockssil2100: the latest isn't good! who dared doing it?09:13
didrocksoh me!09:13
didrockssil2100: ok ack :p09:13
mzanettiSaviq: is there a way of getting to the history of merged branches?09:14
Saviqmzanetti, lp:unity/phablet09:14
Saviqmzanetti, if that's what you mean09:14
Saviqmzanetti, or if you mean a merge history09:14
Saviqmzanetti, then `bzr qlog`09:14
mzanettiSaviq: no. the launcher-api merge to unity-api09:14
mzanettiah ok09:14
* mzanetti tries09:14
Saviqmzanetti, and then expand the merge in question09:15
sil2100didrocks: <- oif09:15
didrockssil2100: good to me :)09:15
Saviqdidrocks, did you manage to build qtubuntu?09:39
Saviqdidrocks, http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5807278/09:40
didrocksSaviq: I didn't try, see #ubuntu-touch with my phone issues (just fixed), let me look09:40
didrocksSaviq: did you move anything?09:40
Saviqdidrocks, nope, that's a `bzr bd -S` and a subsequent `pbuild` from lp:qtubuntu with your MR merged09:41
Saviqdidrocks, checking on straight lp:qtubuntu, but feels it's gonna be the same...09:42
didrocksSaviq: and that makes sense, I didn't change one thing (it's weird for a package with one binary to have a .install file)09:42
Saviqdidrocks, yeah09:42
didrocksSaviq: but it's not merged to trunk, right?09:42
Saviqdidrocks, no09:42
Saviqdidrocks, I was trying to confirm it works09:42
didrocksSaviq: let me fake the arch to build on amd6409:43
Saviqdidrocks, with my changes to the unity8 packaging things09:43
didrocksand build09:43
didrocksSaviq: time my phone will charge is inifinite :p09:43
Saviqdidrocks, :/09:43
didrocksSaviq: I really started to be afraid, it was like it was bricked09:43
MCRseb128, the PPA for Raring is named: "ppa:smspillaz/compiz-dev-raring"09:43
seb128MCR, thanks ... so it works fine for you?09:44
didrocksnow I know with this "deep hibernation" mode that you have to press for 60s the power button09:44
didrocksI would never have found it :/09:44
seb128MCR, did you try on raring or saucy ?09:44
Saviqdidrocks, I have that with my N9 - if I let it discharge completely09:44
Saviqdidrocks, it needs an hour or so on the juice just to come back up09:44
MCRseb128, raring -> works -> but some problems with mousepoll (investigating)09:44
didrocksSaviq: ah, but here, even trying to recharge was rejected into that mode apparently09:44
Saviqdidrocks, mhm09:45
MCRso the plugins using mousepoll have problems (ezoom, showmouse, wizard)09:45
MCRI think I know what the problem is already09:45
MCRa minor issue I think09:45
MCRall other stuff should work09:46
MCRseb128, I won't be running Saucy on my main machine for now, but a PPA has been set up for Saucy as well: "ppa:smspillaz/compiz-dev"09:47
seb128MCR, ok09:48
didrocksSaviq: rev 146, works well in my pbuilder (faking the arch then)09:49
didrocksSaviq: I think we should remove the transitional package and the .install file, but that's another story09:49
Saviqdidrocks, yup09:50
MCRI filed bug #1195659 about mousepoll and am investigating the issue09:50
ubot5bug 1195659 in Compiz "Regression: Compiz mousepoll plugin fails in trunk (Plugin version mismatch)" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/119565909:50
MCRseb128, it would be helpful if you could test the PPA also...09:53
seb128MCR, I'm on saucy, will do09:53
MCRseb128, thx09:53
MCRsmspillaz, are you here ?09:55
MCRsmspillaz, FYI (if you read this later): Somewhere between r3732 and r3747 we have introduced a mousepoll problem :(09:57
Saviqdidrocks, don't we need a Replaces: qtubuntu or something?09:59
didrocksSaviq: argh, I'm totally not on my plate today, sorry :/10:03
didrocksSaviq: taking some medecines and fixing10:03
Saviqdidrocks, :)10:03
didrocksSaviq: rev 148 should be finally the right one, sorry for all this, I need to take some rest/enjoy the week-end for sure to do this stupid oversee…10:09
Saviqdidrocks, that's fine10:10
MCRseb128, I already have the fix for the mousepoll regression10:16
seb128MCR, cool10:16
MCRpreparing the MP10:16
MCRdidrocks, this is already tested and you can trust me, but I do not want to approve it without 2 other eyes looking at it: https://code.launchpad.net/~mc-return/compiz/compiz.merge-fix1195659-mousepoll-version-mismatch/+merge/17199410:26
MCRit is critical, because the missing COMPIZ_MOUSEPOLL_ABI breaks all other plugins, which need to get the actual mouse position10:29
MCRseb128, the fix ^^10:30
nic-doffaySaviq, mind taking a look at my branch while design gets back to me about some stuff?10:43
nic-doffayWhat should I do about the surrounding edges etc?10:43
nic-doffaySaviq, you can run /modules/Ubuntu/Components/ListItems/test.qml10:44
mhr3didrocks, is there a tool that we could run in CI that would say "there's an ABI break here, was this intentional?"10:45
mhr3or at least locally10:46
didrocksmhr3: the symbol file? :)10:47
mhr3didrocks, it doesn't check the ABI, just exported symbols afaict10:47
didrocksmhr3: yeah, so a part of the ABI10:47
mhr3yea, something that checks the rest?10:48
didrocksmhr3: but ABI checker, apart from testing, I think there is nothing reliable10:48
mhr3i know seb128 once posted a link where each lib version was checked against the previous and it gave exact breakage10:48
mhr3i just don't remember where was it10:49
mhr3found it10:50
Saviqnic-doffay, can you just build an example into the toolkit gallery?10:50
seb128didrocks, mhr3: I think tvoss and lool have been looking at how we can checks ABI to assure we don't break those (or at least discussing the topic)10:51
Saviqnic-doffay, I can't even build the toolkit...10:51
seb128didrocks, mhr3: not sure if that went anywhere yet, so much going on...10:51
tvossseb128, are we talking c++ or c?10:51
seb128mhr3, ^ for what component are you asking?10:52
mhr3in general10:52
mhr3so both10:52
tvossmhr3, the idea was to run the tests from version n against the libs from version n+110:52
didrocksyeah, it's not a tool to detect that :)10:53
didrocks(and that's what we are doing with integration tests ;))10:53
mhr3yea, that doesn't sound overly useful10:53
tvossmhr3, under the assumption that we have decent test-coverage that should show breakage10:53
tvossmhr3, why not?10:53
mhr3tvoss, because of that assumption10:53
nic-doffaySaviq, where's the toolkit gallery?10:54
mhr3tvoss, seen http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/dee.html ?10:54
mhr3no tests needed and it works :)10:54
Saviqnic-doffay, ./gallery.sh10:54
Saviqmzanetti, looks stuck, right ?10:55
tvossmhr3, nice one, for c++, too?10:55
tvossif yes, we should have that tool10:55
tvossI have found http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/dee.html10:55
tvossargh, http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker10:56
mhr3tvoss, apparently, that's what they're using10:56
katienic-doffay, hello10:57
mzanettiSaviq: did you just kill it?10:58
Saviqmzanetti, yes10:58
Saviqmzanetti, didn't know you were looking :)10:58
tvossdidrocks, mind quickly integrating http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker10:58
tvosswith our infrastructure? ;)10:58
mhr3didrocks, sorry about that ^ :P10:58
nic-doffayhey katie10:59
Saviqmzanetti, looks like for some reason it used the real Unity plugin10:59
mzanettiyeah... autopilot tests are broken too...10:59
Saviqmzanetti, ok, will debug locally - must've been the changes I made11:01
mzanettiSaviq: for both, autopilot too?11:02
Saviqmzanetti, potentially11:02
didrockstvoss: well "quickly" will go as fast as all the requests we have11:08
tvossdidrocks, it was more or less a joke :)11:08
didrockstvoss: I'm not sure jumping on the first project we find is a good answer, maybe open a discussion on ubuntu-devel ML first?11:08
didrockstvoss: so that other have maybe hints11:08
didrocksIIRC, agateau used that one11:08
didrockstvoss: in fact, I wonder if we can integrate it in a way similar to symbols files, and have it run by debhelper11:09
didrockslike you have the old .xml, the new one generated11:09
didrocksand see if things go wrong11:09
tvossdidrocks, that sounds good :) I need to test something real quick, back in a few ... hopefully11:10
nic-doffaySaviq, after running . export_modules_dir.sh what does echo QML2_IMPORT_PATH print out for you?11:13
didrocks"changes in calling stack, v-table changes and data-type handling" is really what miss from the symbols file.11:14
Saviqnic-doffay, empty11:14
Saviqnic-doffay, ah wait11:14
Saviqnic-doffay, $PWD/modules, as it should11:14
nic-doffaySaviq, after running the script from source I get this: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5807488/11:23
mzanettiSaviq: ok... I fixed autopilot. works again after your changes and mine combined11:24
Saviqnic-doffay, huh?11:26
Saviqnic-doffay, `source export_modules_dir.sh; echo $QML2_IMPORT_PATH`11:26
nic-doffaySaviq, yeah but OptionSelector still isn't available.11:27
nic-doffayWhen I run the gallery.11:27
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
Saviqmzanetti, did you --overwrite or something?11:28
mzanettiSaviq: no11:28
Saviqmzanetti, where are my commits, then...11:28
mzanettiSaviq: I made a change, wanted to push. says it diverged11:28
Saviqmzanetti, pull first, please11:29
mzanettiSaviq: I did a merge, which merged your changes in, but somehow killed your commit11:29
Saviqmzanetti, yeah, it merged the commits into your merge, weird that didn't require overwriting...11:29
mzanettiSaviq: yeah... I was confused too11:29
mzanettiSaviq: for the case I already have comitted changed11:29
mzanettiSaviq: is there something like pull --rebase?11:30
Saviqmzanetti, there's no rebasing in bzr unfortunately11:30
Saviqmzanetti, I usuall uncommit, shelve, pull, commit, push11:30
nic-doffaySaviq, bzr rebase?11:33
Saviqnic-doffay, the bzr rewrite plugin has been deprecated11:34
Saviqnic-doffay, and I never had much luck with it11:34
Saviqmzanetti, your change shouldn't affect qmluitests, though, right?11:36
mzanettiSaviq: nope11:36
Saviqmzanetti, I'm not seeing why mine should, either...11:36
Saviqunless it's simply sheer luck that it worked before11:36
nic-doffaySaviq, the problem was the component wasn't added to qmldir11:38
mzanettiSaviq: hmm... they pass locall11:38
Saviqmzanetti, yeah, but the ScopeView test doesn't use mocks11:39
Saviqjust saw that11:39
Saviqwe need to clean this shit up...11:39
Saviqit's unmaintainable11:39
Saviqmzanetti, I could have access to the qmluitests VM to check the fix?11:41
mzanettiSaviq: sure11:41
Saviqmzanetti, or maybe I could download the VM image from somewhere?11:42
Saviqmzanetti, and run locally?11:42
nic-doffaySaviq, the Component in the gallery looks nothing like what it does when I run QML test. Some bugs coming from who knows where.11:43
mzanettiSaviq: hmm... don't think so... that takes too long, because we don't have a certain image but always use the ubuntu server install "cd" and run some scripts to set up stuff11:43
nic-doffaySorry qmlscene not test.11:43
mzanettibut those scripts run for 2h+11:43
Saviqmzanetti, k11:43
mzanettiSaviq: its the 7611:44
Saviqnic-doffay, it needs to look right in the gallery11:44
nic-doffaySaviq, yeah I assumed as much.11:44
Saviqmzanetti, "the 76"?11:44
nic-doffayOk Saviq example ready with bug I can't identify the reason behind.11:48
nic-doffayJust run ./gallery.sh it's under OptionSelector.11:48
Saviqnic-doffay, I won't be able to look at it for some time11:48
nic-doffaySaviq, np I'll continue working on this with qmlscene.11:48
nic-doffayBasically the only issue is that the labels and everything else are repeated for some reason.11:49
nic-doffayThis doesn't occur with qmlscene.11:49
dandradertsdgeos, ping12:06
tsdgeosdandrader: hi12:06
dandradertsdgeos, hi12:06
dandradertsdgeos, would you have time to review this one? https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/ddaScenePos/+merge/171902 it's pretty straightforward12:06
tsdgeosi guess i can12:07
dandraderI've split my work into 4 palatable patches12:07
dandraderthis is the first of them12:07
tsdgeosit's ok if i do it in say 2 or 3 hours? or need it now?12:07
dandradertsdgeos, great! thanks!12:07
dandradertsdgeos, anytime today is fine12:08
dandraderSaviq, Would you have time to review this really short one? https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/ddaDraggingFix/+merge/171904  it's only about revision 55 (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/ddaDraggingFix/revision/55).12:15
* dandrader is hunting for reviewers12:15
Saviqdandrader, you wrapped ;)12:17
=== Pendulum_ is now known as Pendulum
mzanettidandrader, Saviq: I can review if you want12:20
dandraderSaviq, erm... I wrapped what?12:20
dandradermzanetti, fine by me! :D12:20
mzanettiwould have simple one you guys too https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/unity8/edge-hinting-tweaks/+merge/17201412:20
Saviqdandrader, you wrapped a line in the tests ;)12:21
Saviqmzanetti, ok you can take the vm back12:21
mzanettiSaviq: ack. success?12:21
Saviqmzanetti, should pass with my latest commit12:21
Saviqmzanetti, yeah, it was missing an import path12:21
Saviqmzanetti, that was added in main.cpp before12:21
dandraderSaviq, where? I need more hints! :)12:22
Saviqwe'll see if there isn't more of that...12:22
Saviqdandrader, the test, line 525/52612:22
dandraderSaviq, ah, yeah12:22
dandraderSaviq, is that a bad thing/12:23
Saviqdandrader, ideally we shouldn't have unneeded wrapping, but I've happroved12:23
dandraderhmm, right. it would be 107 chars long without wrapping12:25
dandraderwhich is still below the 120 limit12:25
dandrader106 actually12:25
dandraderSaviq, I wonder it CI will  merge https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/ddaDraggingFix/+merge/171904 even though its prerequisite branch isn't merged...12:27
dandraders/it CI/if CI12:28
Saviqdandrader, it won't12:28
dandraderok. great12:28
dandradermzanetti, I can review https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/unity8/edge-hinting-tweaks/+merge/172014 after I'm done with https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/119561712:30
ubot5Launchpad bug 1195617 in Unity 8 "DragHandle test isn't run as part of CI" [High,In progress]12:30
mzanettidandrader: cool, thanks12:31
Saviqdandrader, hope it's ok I just went and assigned the bug to you, felt more trackable than trying to grab you on IRC :)12:38
Saviqand remember about it first12:38
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
dandraderSaviq, well, that bug was an easy one12:47
Saviqdandrader, I know :)12:47
Saviqmzanetti, "pending - Waiting for next available executor on ps-saucy-server-amd64-2||ps-saucy-server-amd64-1" ← is that condition on purpose? shouldn't it include -3, too?12:48
mzanettiSaviq: no... the -3 is the one where not everything needed is installed12:48
mzanettiSaviq: good point actually... whats the state there?12:48
mzanettiSaviq: should we switch to the more empty images?12:48
Saviqmzanetti, I thought fginther already did :)12:48
mzanettiSaviq: no, -1 and -2 are still like before and -3 is a bit too empty12:49
Saviqmzanetti, for sure the -1 and -2 don't have libunity{-core} installed12:49
Saviqmzanetti, 'cause we'd know ;)12:49
Saviqmzanetti, and if not - I thought we switched already12:49
mzanettiactually I'm not entirely sure what the state is.12:49
mzanettifginther: can you shed some light here please?12:49
mzanettiSaviq: today morning I disabled -3 again because tests were failing on it12:50
Saviqmzanetti, mhm12:50
mzanettistartx not found and such12:50
Saviqmzanetti, right, I thought initx was added somewhere to the job configuration to be installed?12:51
mzanettiSaviq: only in the -fginther test job. not in the production one12:52
Saviqmzanetti, ah12:52
dandradermzanetti, how do I get a "locked" greeter. "./run --pinlock" (if that's the thing) doesn't seem to make any difference...13:00
mzanettidandrader: thats a bit tricky right now13:00
mzanettidandrader: edit run and in the if $FAKE change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to "full" instead of "single" at the end13:01
mzanettidandrader: then ./run -f13:01
mzanettithen you can drag it bigger (tablet-form-factor) and select a user with password13:01
Saviqmzanetti, can you file a bug against ubuntu-ui-toolkit about https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity8/simple-theming/+merge/171812/comments/38332213:14
mzanettiSaviq: that question was rather, why do we use the button if we dont want to show it13:15
Saviqmzanetti, a Button is more than just a MouseArea (or at least should / will be)13:15
fginthermzanetti, Saviq, I *thought* -2 and -3 were the minimal environment, but since -3 didn't working, my thinking was wrong. I just need to take the time to get them all updated and working...13:15
Saviqmzanetti, i.e. it should also do keyboard handling13:16
mzanettifginther: ok, cool, thanks. right now we are running on -1 and -2 and it seems to work13:16
mzanettiSaviq: right... the keyboard handling makes sense. altough I'm not sure we need keyboard handling in this place13:16
Saviqmzanetti, not yet13:16
Saviqmzanetti, but we will, and once we get to that point, it's better IMO to just get it for free from the SDK13:17
mzanettiSaviq: no, I mean forever... afaik no searchfield lets me put keyboard focus on the clear button in there13:17
mzanettiSaviq: that a button in general needs to do keyboard handling is clear, I agree there13:17
mzanettiSaviq: but the X in the searchfield... not sure about that13:18
Saviqmzanetti, right, but still I think I'd rather use a Button, just as an abstraction from a MouseArea13:18
Saviqit is, after all, a button :)13:18
mzanettiSaviq: yeah.. but open your browser (doesn't matter which one), hit Ctrl + L, Tab, Tab, Tab13:19
mzanettiyou will go from address field to search field to content, not stopping at any X in there13:19
mzanettior any other element13:19
=== _salem is now known as salem_
Saviqmzanetti, sure, that button might have keyboard handling disabled :)13:20
mzanettiso its a mouseara, isn't it?13:20
Saviqdandrader, sorry about the draghandle noise13:20
Saviqmzanetti, no, it's a button13:20
dandraderSaviq, that's why I said it was an easy bug :)13:20
Saviqeven if mousearea == button in that case13:20
mzanettiyeah... but why waste the resources of transparent button elements if they are not needed. and why make SDK people implement buttons that look and behave exactly like mouseareas when we could just use a MouseArea13:21
mzanettithat's my point... I see yours too... Just thinking a bit more pragmatic here instead of "the theoretically correct" way I guess13:22
didrocksmhr3: around?13:31
didrocksmhr3: I think intel tests are hanging13:31
didrocks(and you have one hour free ;))13:31
mhr3didrocks, k, will look13:31
mhr3and finally run my tiny script :)13:31
sil2100mhr3: the -intel job seems hanged13:31
Saviqmzanetti, nic-doffay, dednick standup13:31
Saviqmzanetti, ignore13:32
sil2100The -ati machine isn't much better, so many test failures ;/ I wonder what's wrong13:32
Saviqmterry, standup?13:32
didrocksmhr3: \o/13:32
didrockssil2100: let's blame on mhr3? :p13:32
mhr3didrocks, having trouble attaching to it :/13:35
mhr3another super leak that depleted memory?13:35
didrocksmhr3: probably, not sure if jibel is already connected by any chance? ^13:36
jibeldidrocks, mhr3 I am not connected to any machine in the lab, which one died?13:37
mhr3jibel, can't attach to the running container on intel13:37
Saviqmzanetti, the mediumtests runner doesn't install recommends, does it?13:40
mzanettiSaviq: hmm... it probably does13:40
Saviqmzanetti, https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/generic-mediumtests-runner-saucy/421/testReport/unity8.tests.testhud/TestHud/test_hide_hud_click_Nexus_4_/ suggests it doesn't13:40
Saviqmzanetti, home scope not found13:41
mzanettiSaviq: it creates a local repository with the packages and does an apt-get install on them13:41
mzanettiSaviq: not sure why that would differ from normal behavior13:41
Saviqmzanetti, yeah, shouldn't13:41
Saviqah that's because we're not recommending it!?13:42
sil2100tedg: ping!13:42
Saviqhmm am I still there?13:44
Saviqmumble died?13:45
dednickSaviq: i think mumble just died13:45
Saviqdednick, yeah looks like it13:45
dandraderSaviq, seems so13:45
Saviqok THANKS GUYS!13:45
greybackoh well, ncie weekend everybody!13:45
greybackSaviq: no need to shout13:45
Saviqgreyback, I wanted everyone to  hear13:45
paulliumumble just crashed after stand-up..13:46
Saviqgreyback, didn't know how well that would work over IRC13:46
Saviqpaulliu, yeah, the server seems to have gone away13:46
kgunnpaulliu: me too13:46
jibelmhr3, OOM killer again. Leave the machine as it is, I'll report a bug and ping the kernel team13:46
mhr3ok, didrocks: cc ^13:47
jibelmhr3, didrocks do you need it now? If you dont I'll collect info right now otherwise, I4ll just reboot it and will report it later13:47
Saviqdidrocks, why removed the recommends of unity-scope-home and unity-lens-applications?13:48
tedgsil2100, Howdy13:48
didrocksjibel: better to collect what you can I guess, I think sil2100 wanted to relaunch a test suite13:48
jibeldidrocks, ack, give me 15min13:49
didrocksSaviq: hum, can you be more explicit, you mean about http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-team/unity-scope-home/trunk/revision/127?13:49
dandradercan anyone spot what when wrong in CI here? https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/dragHandleStretchAndHint/+merge/171908/comments/38365313:50
Saviqdidrocks, no, I mean that you removed Recommends: unity-scope-home, unity-lens-applications from unity813:50
Saviqdidrocks, in https://code.launchpad.net/~unity-team/unity/unity8-packaging-cleanup/+merge/17153713:51
Saviqdandrader, Connecting to localhost (localhost)||:8080... connected.13:52
SaviqHTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error13:52
Saviq2013-06-28 01:17:54 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.13:52
jibeldidrocks, too late the machine rebooted13:52
Saviqdandrader, feels like a jenkins failure13:52
dandraderSaviq, hmm, ok. will ask yet another rebuild13:52
Saviqmzanetti, can you do a review of https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity8/simple-theming/+merge/171812 ?13:53
Saviqmzanetti, would be good to get in today13:53
mzanettiSaviq: yeah.. I still disagree on the button vs mousearea thing. the rest looks good to me. But I will test it once I'm done with my current task13:54
Saviqmzanetti, thanks13:54
Saviqmzanetti, about the disagreement... file a bug with ubuntu-ui-toolkit and we'll see where we get13:55
jibelsil2100, mhr3 ap machines are all yours as all evidences of memory problems have been wiped with the reboot. Ping me when it happens again13:55
mzanettiSaviq: ok13:55
Saviqdidrocks, lost you?13:56
Saviqdidrocks, shall we recommend the master scopes thing instead?13:57
Saviqdidrocks, somehow unity8 (or -autopilot) needs to pull in the home scope13:58
didrocksSaviq: there are some master scopes change instead, I'm just trying to find the right commit13:58
didrocksSaviq: yep, so I would recommend we do a similar one than for unity713:59
didrockshaving that perl parsing the master scope definition file13:59
didrocks(I was in the middle of this transition and was interrupted when doing it)13:59
mhr3didrocks, then we should have a special client-scopes.json for phone14:00
mhr3ehm, for unity8 :)14:00
didrocksyep, does it makes sense to you mhr3?14:00
didrocksmhr3: you did approve my libunity branch, right?14:00
mhr3didrocks, yep14:00
Saviqdidrocks, r3182 in lp:unity?14:00
mhr3didrocks, just not sure how to do the magic in libunity, we now need the same file installed and put it in two separate binary pkgs14:01
didrocksmhr3: well, we can provide the definition and have the conflict14:01
didrocksmhr3: so just installing on or the other14:01
Saviqdidrocks, buuut... the list for unity8 is different than for unity7, does that work?14:02
didrocksSaviq: yep :)14:02
mhr3didrocks, yea, pkg-wise sure, but upstream-wise i'm not sure how it'll look14:02
didrocksSaviq: we are going to produce another json file14:02
didrocksmhr3: a configure flag? :p14:02
Saviqdidrocks, ok, I'm in your hands, whatever you say :)14:02
mhr3didrocks, can we rename files in the .install file?14:03
mhr3didrocks, would prefer to just have client-scopes-desktop.json and client-scopes-phone.json, and rename them when putting into the pkg14:03
didrocksmhr3: we can do that! I'll charge more though :)14:04
didrocksSaviq: ok, doing the libunity side, then yours ;)14:04
Saviqdidrocks, thanks14:04
mhr3didrocks, ok, thx14:04
didrocksmhr3: want some help or you do the first proposal and I continue on this?14:05
mhr3didrocks, ok, i'll do the phone-specific .json14:06
mhr3should have a mail somewhere with the scopes that we want there14:06
sil2100tedg: what do you think? Is it safe to release the indicators stack without unity?14:07
didrocksSaviq: it will be more flexible, I can prepare the unity8 side meanwhile14:07
didrocksand it's Friday, I can touch perl :p14:07
tedgsil2100, I can't think of anything we're changing that should effect Unity.14:09
mhr3didrocks, should be it http://paste.ubuntu.com/5807887/14:14
mhr3didrocks, i mean this one http://paste.ubuntu.com/5807892/ :)14:15
didrocksmhr3: you don't rename client-scopes.json to client-scopes-desktop.json ?14:15
mhr3didrocks, i'd rather keep it, so source install works too14:16
didrocksmhr3: ok, but client-scopes-phone.json will need to be renamed to client-scopes.json, right?14:16
mhr3didrocks, yep14:16
didrocksmhr3: ok, mind pushing that somewhere? I'll handle the packaging change14:17
mhr3didrocks, feel free to change the name if it'll make things simpler14:17
didrocksI'm fine with those :)14:17
mhr3need to overwrite my branch cause pstolowski didn't ack my test changes yet (nudge, nudge) :P14:18
mhr3didrocks, lp:~mhr3/libunity/phone-scopesjson14:19
didrocksmhr3: thx!14:19
mhr3weird, terminal lost a dash14:19
didrocksI noticed :p14:20
dandraderdednick, since you've already reviewed the DragHandle, you're probably the best candidate for reviewing this one: https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/dragHandleStretchAndHint/+merge/17190814:21
dandraderdednick, the DirectionalDragArea changes that might show up if the diff belong to other merge proposals14:21
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
mzanettidandrader|afk: pushed the tests... that was a nasty thing :D14:22
dednickdandrader|afk: what does stretch do?14:25
didrockssil2100: just to confirm, no unity stack release today, right?14:27
* didrocks needs to edit libunity changelog14:28
CimiI've a problem playing with the model...14:30
Cimibasically I am at index 0, and I want to prepend an item (insert at index 0)14:30
CimiI want to do this only when I am at index 014:31
Cimiso basically it's: if index == 0, model.insert (0, …)14:31
Cimibut I believe that it then switches to this new item inserted and loops14:31
didrocksmhr3: hum, can't build your branch14:32
didrocksUnityExtras-7.0.gir:-1: In PreviewPlayer: error: type reference 'ExtrasPreviewPlayerClass' not found14:32
sil2100didrocks: I guess... well, I re-ran unity right now and it *would* be nice to release it (as otherwise we'll have to run indicators with 'check with whole PPA' all the time to dodge the autopilot showdesktop issue)14:32
mhr3didrocks, valac-0.18!14:32
mhr3i mean, use that ^14:32
sil2100But it all depends on whether we get some nice results this time ;/14:32
didrocksmhr3: I hate vala, reconfigured to use it14:33
didrockssil2100: hum, we'll maybe have some changelog conflict, let's see14:33
mhr3didrocks, how so? doing vala patches in debian is sooo much fun! ;)14:33
mzanettiSaviq: this has not been merged yet: https://code.launchpad.net/~fboucault/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/simple_theming/+merge/17164514:35
Saviqmzanetti, doesn't have to14:35
Saviqmzanetti, we're effectively removing the theming we used (which wasn't much)14:35
mzanettiSaviq: ah right... only the other one needs to be merged before ours14:35
mzanettiSaviq: ok... good14:35
tsdgeosthere it was again14:38
tsdgeosindicator session at 4G14:38
didrocksmhr3: https://code.launchpad.net/~unity-team/libunity/phone-scope-json-definitions/+merge/17204914:38
didrocksmhr3: https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/unity/change-libunity-common-dep/+merge/17205214:42
mzanettiSaviq: bug reported: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/119576414:44
ubot5Launchpad bug 1195764 in Ubuntu UI Toolkit "[Button] There should be an AbstractButton" [Undecided,New]14:44
Saviqmzanetti, cheers14:44
mzanettiSaviq: I don't think that will have any impact on our discussion whether we should use it or not. because th requested one in this bug still handles keyboard focus etc while we would disable even that14:44
mzanettiSaviq: anyways, I tested and approved the merge14:44
mzanettiand I have to go now. Have a nice weekend! see you all on Monday14:45
mhr3didrocks, shouldn't unity dep on the virtual pkg?14:45
didrocksmhr3: not for build-deps14:45
didrocksthere will be nothing "preparing the env" on the buildds14:46
Saviqmzanetti, o/14:46
Saviqmzanetti, have fun, thanks14:46
mhr3didrocks, ah, the diff doesn't show it's build-deps14:46
didrocksSaviq: ok, pushed rev 77 to ~unity-team/unity/unity8-packaging-cleanup, will be only ready once https://code.launchpad.net/~unity-team/libunity/phone-scope-json-definitions/+merge/172049 is merged in14:47
mhr3didrocks, libunity acked14:47
didrocksmhr3: thanks :)14:47
Saviqso now? ;)14:47
didrocksmhr3: wait for it to be merged :p14:48
didrocksmhr3: please review unity to not explode on Monday ;)14:48
didrocksmhr3: Saviq: I still think it's not the full convergence story yet (we need to ship both files and generate the recommends based on packages), but I need to give it more thought and I think we need to find a way to still ship both definition files for building14:48
didrocksright now, let's focus on unity7 -> desktop, unity8 -> phone, and think about it clearly on Monday :)14:49
Saviqdidrocks, sure14:49
Saviqmhr3, commands.scope for the phone? ;)14:49
mhr3Saviq, oh seb128 didn't inform you? phone has to support alt+f2 :)14:50
Saviqmhr3, ;)14:50
mhr3Saviq, but don't worry those will be the only buttons on the phone14:50
Saviqfginther, did you hook up the cleaned-up VMs? https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/unity-phablet-qmluitests-saucy/257/console :)14:51
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
Saviqfginther, you're on it, AFAICS14:52
fgintherSaviq, looking...14:53
dandraderdednick, instead of moving the parent, it stretches it (changes its height)14:54
dandraderdednick, try it out with make tryDragHandle14:54
dandraderdednick, there are two buttons yellow on the lower left corner14:55
fgintherSaviq, yes, that VM wasn't ready to go yet :-(. I've removed it from the job until I get it fixed14:55
dednickdandrader: i c14:55
Saviqfginther, thanks14:55
dandraderdednick, to enable/disable hinting and switch between move and stretch modes14:55
mfischdpm: ping15:02
mfischor mhall119 ping15:02
sil2100jibel: hm, unity otto check jobs failed to start:15:04
sil2100jibel: will a re-run help?15:04
sil2100dpm: hi! Really sorry for the libunity release delay ;/15:04
jibelsil2100, try a re-run if it fails I'll have a look15:05
dandraderSaviq, do you know where/how the grid unit value is calculated?15:08
Saviqdandrader, it's set per-device15:10
dandradermzanetti, the trailing whitespace in tst_Launcher.qml line 156 is still there15:10
MCRseb128, any regressions found ?15:24
MCRsil2100, want some free Compiz karma ?15:24
sil2100Free karma? Always15:25
MCRsil2100, https://code.launchpad.net/~mc-return/compiz/compiz.merge-fix1195659-mousepoll-version-mismatch/+merge/171994 ;)15:25
MCRsil2100, it is tested -> you can close your eyes if you like15:26
sil2100MCR: it looks really sane, so approved15:26
seb128MCR, I didn't have time to try yet15:26
MCRsil2100, do you know about the PPAs already ?15:27
MCRI do not remember when you disconnected15:27
MCRseb128, k15:27
MCRsil2100, regarding Compiz: more than 80 bugs fixed, countless other improvements are to be found in these PPAs: https://answers.launchpad.net/compiz/+question/22971115:32
MCR&& thx 4 the approval, btw ;)15:34
dednickSaviq: do you know if there's a way to create an enumeration type in qml?15:41
Saviqdednick, unfortunately there isn't15:42
Saviqdednick, look at notification.js in tests/qmltests/Unity/Notifications, though15:42
Saviqdednick, that's the only way to fake one15:42
dednickSaviq: will that be in the Unity.Nofication namespace?15:43
Saviqdednick, Unity.Notifications.Notification15:45
Saviq<Saviq> dednick, Unity.Notifications.Notification15:46
dednickSaviq: ta. might be able to fudge mine the same way15:47
Saviqdednick, it only helps if it's the only thing you need from the component15:47
dednickSaviq: yeah. just realised it's not. i need it to be in the model15:48
dednickSaviq: might just move the enums into a sep class which is imported by the tests.15:48
Saviqdednick, if it doesn't cause conflicts, sure15:48
Saviqmhr3, shouldn't that say client-scopes-phone.json? http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-team/unity/unity8-packaging-cleanup/revision/77/debian/rules15:53
mhr3Saviq, nope, the packaging renames it15:53
Saviqmhr3, ah k15:53
Saviqmhr3, how does it know which of the two to install?15:54
mhr3Saviq, they are in two separate binary pkgs, one conflicts with the other15:55
Saviqmhr3, so basically the seed decides?15:55
Saviqno, that can't be...15:56
mhr3pretty much15:56
* Saviq no likey15:56
mhr3but i think right now unity8 deps on the phone one, and unity7 on the desktop one15:56
Saviqah libunity-scopes-json-def-phone,15:56
mhr3but clearly that will have to change15:56
Saviqworks for me15:57
dandraderKaleo, ping16:28
dandraderSaviq, can I consider the GRID_UNITY_PX environment variable a public API? (ie. something that won't be changed without notice etc)16:31
dandraderI mean GRID_UNIT_PX :)16:31
Saviqdandrader, not sure we should rely on it... it'd be better if units. exposed the value16:31
Saviqdandrader, why do you need?16:31
dandraderSaviq, to it in DirectionalDragArea.cpp to set its default values16:32
dandraderuse it16:32
dandraderOtherwise Ubuntu.Gestures would have to depend on Ubuntu.Components16:32
dandraderI don't even know if it's possible to declare a dependency between qml modules16:33
Saviqdandrader, I'd go for simple QML wrappers around the C++ types16:34
Saviqdandrader, importing both .Gestures and .Components16:34
Saviqdandrader, and just using units.gu()16:34
dandraderdamn, found that someone is using the nick "dandrader" (https://twitter.com/dandrader)16:35
dandraderSaviq, having that wrapper in Components/DirectionalDragArea. yeah, that sounds alright16:36
Saviqdandrader, yup16:36
Saviqdandrader, new nick time? ;)16:36
Saviqthere will be a time when we need to use password generators just to find a nickname :D16:36
Saviqthat's fairly unique16:36
dandraderI should have trademarked it or something! :)16:36
Saviqdandrader, I have a variation when needed: http://twitter.com/Savicq ;)16:37
dandraderSaviq, you also lost http://www.saviq.org/16:38
Saviqdandrader, damn :D16:39
Saviqanti-aging bee venom!16:39
dandrader"how to use saviq" :D16:39
Saviqdandrader, at least you're in the first results for yours16:39
dandrader\o/ bigger net footprint16:40
* Saviq needs some web positioning ;)16:40
mzanettidandrader: thanks for the review. I fixed all your comments16:41
dandradermzanetti, I had pedantic mode on16:41
mzanettidandrader: no... you were absolutely right (except the wrapping on the line where I absolutely don't agree, but lets leave that now...)16:42
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
Saviqmzanetti, dandrader is angry that we force semicolons on JS :D16:44
Saviqmzanetti, he'll get over it :D16:44
mzanettiwhich is probably similarly useless16:44
Saviqmzanetti, you yourself was for them ;)16:44
mzanettiyeah... I regret it now :D16:45
Saviqmzanetti, and then there's an actual technical reason somewhere16:45
Saviqthat I can't be bothered to look for now16:45
Saviqyikes that's bad https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/unity8-ci/ https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/unity-8.0-ci/16:46
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|lunch
Saviqdandrader|lunch, conflict https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/dragHandleStretchAndHint/+merge/17190816:52
mzanettiSaviq: what's bad?17:03
Saviqmzanetti, our most recent CI history17:04
Saviqmzanetti, but it seems it's getting better now :)17:04
mzanettiSaviq: yeah well... we lots of copyright + whitespace issues today17:04
Saviqmzanetti, and then the VMs17:04
Saviqmzanetti, and the packaging17:04
Saviqfortunately qmluitests are being green again17:05
=== _salem is now known as salem_
mhall119mfisch: pong17:41
mfischmhall119: there are a couple small issues in the guide17:52
mfischmhall119: I'll email you18:01
mhr3anyone know how do i run the qmltests?18:02
mhr3mzanetti, ^?18:02
mzanettimhr3: cd builddir && make qmltests18:03
mhr3who would expect that? :)18:03
mhr3wtf just happened18:03
mzanettimhr3: you can run each test standalone with "make testXXX". example: make testLockscreen18:03
mhr3this is awesome, i'll be running it 24/718:04
mzanettimhr3: you mean the windows popping up doing the tests?18:04
mzanettiyeah, its quite fun to watch18:04
mzanettimhr3: actually, in the source dir there is a script, runtests. that executes all tests and prints you a coverage statistic too18:05
mhr3mzanetti, might not work here, i don't have standard builddir layout18:08
mhall119mfisch: fixed the 2 things from your email18:17
mfischmhall119: thanks18:18
=== dandrader|lunch is now known as dandrader
bschaefersmspillaz, if you are around, doing it in the grid plugin seems to work, just some kinks to work out :)18:37
=== hggdh_ is now known as hggdh
=== jhodapp_ is now known as jhodapp|afk
=== salem_ is now known as _salem

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!