jbichadesrt: you don't have a wacom tablet, do you?00:20
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
=== manish_ is now known as m4n1sh
=== manish_ is now known as m4n1sh
didrocksgood morning!05:36
didrockshey RAOF! any idea how I can make my external screen recognized by the new Xorg? It stucks me at 1024x768 when it can really do more…05:41
didrockslaunching xrandr made it recognizing the screen name and supported resolution, weird…05:42
m4n1shI want to install a bunch of python files to python2.x location and at the same time to python3.x location - I see that I can't call AM_PATH_PYTHON twice05:42
* didrocks logs out and back in05:42
m4n1shI want to install a bunch of python files to python2.x location and at the same time to python3.x location - I see that I can't call AM_PATH_PYTHON twice05:45
m4n1shany way to get the pythondir path for both python2.x and python3.x using automake05:45
RAOFdidrocks: I think you're running into gnome-desktop braindamage - the Monitors capplet now (a) hangs for 30s every time it tries to set a new resolution and (b) fails half the time when trying to set a new resolution :)05:59
didrocksRAOF: that's more than possible that my desktop is *infected* :-)06:00
didrocksthe barriers as well don't work for me (can't reveal the launcher)06:00
RAOFdidrocks: That'd be because Unity hasn't updated to the new barriers API, I presume?06:02
didrocksRAOF: it did06:02
didrockswe added the breaks and so on…06:02
didrocksmlankhorst told he tested and it worked06:02
didrocksRAOF: do you reproduce? not sure if you have the latest xorg though :)06:02
RAOFdidrocks: I do reproduce, yes.06:02
didrocksok, thanks for confirming :)06:03
RAOFI've got something newer than the latest xorg06:03
didrocksok, but as long as it's based on it…06:03
didrocksI think we'll have to hunt for them06:03
* rickspencer3 updates to new saucy xorg06:32
chrisccoulsongood morning07:20
didrockshey chrisccoulson, how are you?07:20
chrisccoulsondidrocks, yeah, not too bad thanks. just had a long weekend :)07:20
chrisccoulsonhow are you?07:21
didrockschrisccoulson: I'm good, thanks! :)07:21
=== manish_ is now known as m4n1sh
sil2100didrocks: morning! Can you ACK a packaging change? ;)07:25
didrockssil2100: hey, sure!07:25
sil2100didrocks: :)07:25
didrockssil2100: does qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras-browser-plugin install some files from previous binary package?07:26
didrockssil2100: as well:07:27
didrocks-         webbrowser-app (>= ${binary:Version}),07:27
didrocks+         webbrowser-app (= ${binary:Version}),07:27
didrocksI think this is wrong as it prevent from binNMUing07:27
sil2100This I found risky too, but as for the installatiion of previous files - it seems yes, but is that a problem?07:27
didrockssil2100: there is no Replaces: … (<<)07:28
didrocksso people won't be able to upgrade07:28
sil2100Ah! Indeed, I see what you mean now07:32
sil2100Since even though webbrowser-app pulls qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras-browser-plugin now as a dep, it's a one sided dep and we're not protected if someone installs just latest qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras-browser-plugin, which has now file conflicts with webbrowser-app (probably)07:33
didrockssil2100: or we are unsure, maybe qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras-browser-plugin will be unpack before the new webbrowser-app is unpacked07:33
didrocksit has file conflicts, at least the .mo files07:33
sil2100True, I guess it probably installs its files in different directories, but I'm not sure07:33
sil2100Let me fix that then, and poke upstream about those changes07:34
didrocksthanks :)07:34
sil2100didrocks: thanks! Your eyes scanned this nicely, I would have missed that because of not thinking all the cases07:35
didrockssil2100: that will come with time :)07:35
didrockssil2100: that's why it's important that you, robru and Mirv asks us when there are packaging change as it's some kind of uploads to distro :)07:36
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
MirvI also think my brain is not yet wired to catch all related things07:51
Mirvtrying to wire it properly07:51
Laneyahoy there08:01
seb128Laney, hey, how are you?08:02
Laneypretty good08:02
Laneyit's great being able to have breakfast outside08:02
seb128I'm quite good, thanks, a bit tired though08:03
didrocksMirv: no worry, that's a way for me to sponsor you and you can get upload rights :)08:03
didrockshey seb128!08:03
didrockshey Laney ;)08:03
seb128I started looking at a bug at 11pm, was not the best idea, it took me until 1:45am to figure it out :p08:03
seb128didrocks, lut08:03
didrocksseb128: Laney: do you have reveal launcher working with new xorg + unity?08:04
seb128didrocks, let me try, I don't hide launcher, but I tried before it landed and it was working08:04
LaneyI started looking at ubiquity autopkgtests quite late too :P08:04
seb128didrocks, yes, working on both screens in dual screen08:04
Laneywhat's reveal launcher? when you move the mouse to the side?08:04
didrocksseb128: hum, doesn't work for me :/08:05
didrocksLaney: yeah, with launcher hidden08:05
seb128Laney, when you hide your launcher, it's how you get it back on screen08:05
Laneythen yes, works08:05
seb128didrocks, what happens for you?08:05
didrocksseb128: nothing, I push as hard as I can and nothing reveals08:05
LaneyI saw a bug before where it didn't though but toggling with super twice fixed it08:06
didrocksno, not even with that…08:06
didrocksI have to push08:06
didrockstake it back for ~2px08:06
didrocksand push again08:06
didrocksand then works08:06
seb128it's a bit buggy when I come too strong with the cursor08:06
didrockseven slowly here08:07
seb128but I don't use it so I can't say if that was the case before08:07
seb128ok, dunno ... check with brandon I guess?08:07
didrocksI think there is no alternative :/08:07
seb128I guess it was working fine before for you?08:07
m4n1shif the importer fails for like 2 days, what should be the correct course of action? file a bug against udd? or can someone push the branch manually which is out of date?08:11
seb128yes, file a bug against udd08:12
seb128you can push manually yes08:12
m4n1shwell, I don't have permissions (need to wait for jbicha to come online), so udd is the way to go08:12
=== 36DAAZP3C is now known as tvoss
=== jhernand1z is now known as jhernandez
=== evilissimo is now known as Guest58872
=== Amoz_ is now known as Amoz
=== larsu is now known as Guest60692
Mirvdidrocks: wow, ok :)09:27
=== vrruiz_ is now known as rvr
m4n1shmpt: you wanted smaller icons in the exclude list. Have a look at this when free https://code.launchpad.net/~zeitgeist/activity-log-manager/smaller-exclude-icons/+merge/17367809:35
m4n1shthe screenshot is attached in that MP09:35
ritz_seb128, hi, sorry to ping you, https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1188571 any chance we could accept this in gtk2/precise ?09:43
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1188571 in gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu) "The list of printers should be searchable/sortable " [Wishlist,Triaged]09:43
seb128ritz_, hey, did you get an upstream review?09:43
seb128ritz_, we need it in saucy first09:43
ritz_I had shot en email, have not heard any reply09:43
ritz_will ping upstream again ( gtk-devel list)09:44
seb128ritz_, try IRC maybe...09:56
ritz_seb128, thanks , will do this09:59
=== Guest60692 is now known as larsu
=== ayan_ is now known as ayan
mptm4n1sh, reviewed, thanks. BTW, do you know why "Include:" and "Exclude:" aren't lined up? They should both be at the top of the same box.10:37
mptMaybe one of those cells is accidentally vertically centered, or something10:38
sil2100Mirv: hi! You very busy ;) ?10:40
Mirvsil2100: quite, and having a telco soon, but here I am anyway..10:49
sil2100Mirv: nevermind then! ;)10:50
* Mirv is running stuff on 3 computers :)10:50
Mirvsil2100: I want to have qt 5.1 preview packages this week, but other than quite many things ongoing things seem smoorh at the moment10:51
seb128Mirv, hey, did you see my qtsystems bug?11:04
mlankhorstdid anyone find a workaround for not being able to enter a sim pin code in ubuntu touch?11:04
seb128mlankhorst, try asking on #ubuntu-touch maybe? (I didn't see the pin code stuff here on an image from yesterday)11:05
mlankhorstno not part of the image currently11:05
mlankhorstbut it's been on known issues for a long time :/11:05
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
=== Guest58872 is now known as evilissimo
Mirvseb128: now I saw, thanks (and now I subscribed to the new packages' bug mail too). I wonder if it's the same thing mterry mentioned and I asked him to e-mail me the patch he was talking about but I didn't receive anything11:28
Mirvseb128: fixing that soon(ish)11:29
seb128Mirv, do you plan to update the version soon? or do you want me to backport that patch?11:29
seb128Mirv, ok, let me know if you need sponsoring, I can do that (and the other qt stuff in the queue) later today11:29
seb128I sort of want that ofono fix to see if that makes getting the IMEI work11:29
sil2100didrocks: oooh ooooh my apps prepare job failed!11:35
sil2100didrocks: NameError: name 'packagemager' is not defined11:36
didrockssil2100: ahah, told you I changed some stuff :)11:36
didrockssil2100: thanks, looking11:36
sil2100I know ;)11:36
didrocksof course in the part of the script running, the one I can't cover with tests…11:36
didrocksmissing import11:36
Mirvseb128: it seems the patch is already included in our snapshot, so it'd be matter of using the CONFIG+=ofono on the current one. checking if it'd just work.11:37
seb128Mirv, no it's not11:37
seb128Mirv, it's from june 24 or 26 and the snapshot is from 10 days before that11:38
seb128Mirv, I spent some hours on that yesterday, our version fails to build with ofono enabled, and the CONFIG+= trick doesn't work because the config_ofono {} stuff in the .pro is invalid11:38
didrockssil2100: please retry, should be better now11:39
Mirvseb128: right, ok, I thought I had the git checkout in a directory but I probably did a git pull already. ok, updating the snapshot as well.11:39
=== jjardon_ is now known as jjardon
seb128Mirv, thanks ;-)11:39
seb128Mirv, I put the debian/rules change needed in the bug report11:39
=== greyback is now known as greyback|food
sil2100didrocks: I checked the QA stack check job, and strange thing with those tests, I think someone from the AP team needs to take a look12:11
didrockssil2100: I think Mirv already mailed them, but no anwser :/12:12
sil2100didrocks: since I see that the problem is that some tests are started, not finished, and then another test gets started before those finish ;/12:12
sil2100So then there's a conflict with recordmydesktop, since 2 are being ran at the same time12:12
didrockssil2100: btw, you never got any answer as well from the couple of emails you sent last time?12:12
sil2100didrocks: right, geh12:12
didrocksargh, yeah…12:12
didrockssil2100: maybe try another email with your analysis?12:12
sil2100hm, I guess I'll ping some of the guys on the qa channel and maybe ask them to poke thomi and veebers when they have the chance12:13
sil2100And that ;p12:13
didrockssil2100: thanks!12:13
Mirvdidrock / sil2100: chris did respond to me, estimates the fix will be in around when he wakes up in 6 hours12:21
sil2100Mirv: \o/ Thanks, good to hear!12:22
sil2100I thought there was no answer since I did not get anything, and I was in CC I think, right?12:22
Mirvsil2100: yeah I included you in CC but it seems you were then dropped. forwarded the rest of the conversation to you.12:25
sil2100Mirv: thanks :)12:25
sil2100didrocks: <- how about now?12:25
didrockssil2100: way better, +1 :)12:26
didrocksMirv: great! :)12:26
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
sil2100cyphermox, didrocks, Mirv: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/clean_up_packages_lists/+merge/173539 this little baby waits for review, still working on that, but it's hard without real deployment and seeing what otto would say ;)12:42
didrockssil2100: I think you need to manual monitor as well, I saw that the package check was broken again recently, so we need to ensure it's working first12:43
didrockssil2100: jibel added some set -x to read future runs12:43
sil2100Manual monitor?12:44
didrocksyeah, looking at the jenkins job output, I'm afraid ::12:48
sil2100Ah, ok ;) Well, no problem... I would just ask for some patience and understanding if suddenly check jobs won't work if this merge gets in12:51
mlankhorstseb128: I'm going to call EOD early, I've done slightly too much work in the time I should not work :P12:53
mlankhorstbut items for this week were landing x1.14, and getting patches to drm-nouveau-next merged12:53
Mirvseb128: ok a new qtsystems snapshot built with CONFIG+=ofono should testable on device with apt-add-repository ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-beta213:13
seb128kenvandine, hey13:14
seb128kenvandine, ^ would appreciate if you could try that and see if it makes imei fetching working in u-s-s13:14
kenvandineseb128, will do13:18
seb128kenvandine, thanks13:19
seb128kenvandine, how are you? ;-)13:19
kenvandineand you?13:20
kenvandineMirv, https://code.launchpad.net/~ken-vandine/cupstream2distro-config/autoland_friends-app_sdk/+merge/17371813:23
seb128kenvandine, I'm good thanks13:25
seb128kenvandine, I got a MR up for apps sorting in the storage panel13:26
seb128kenvandine, Laney: review of that welcome btw, that got hackish, qml don't give you any easy way to sort a model13:26
seb128I did some js "iterate over the model and create new sorted models on the fly"13:26
kenvandineseb128, i'm getting a crash13:26
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
seb128kenvandine, retry13:27
kenvandinein the about plugin13:27
seb128kenvandine, the settings app segfault often on start13:27
seb128with my branch?13:27
seb128or before?13:27
seb128or with the new qtsystems?13:27
kenvandinenew qtsystems13:27
kenvandinehappens everytime i select the about plugin13:28
seb128is that in ofono code?13:28
seb128Mirv, ^13:28
kenvandinetoday's image shows no installed apps in the apps lens13:28
* seb128 notes to not update13:29
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1199322 in Unity 8 "Lenses show no dynamic content" [Critical,In progress]13:30
kenvandine#0  0x488ddfe6 in ?? ()13:30
kenvandine   from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libQt5SystemInfo.so.513:30
kenvandineLaney, thanks13:31
kenvandineseb128, not useful without debug symbols :)13:31
kenvandinebut the crash is in qt5systeminfo13:31
ogra_kenvandine, MP is on the way, as soon as the fix migrated to the archive i'll respin todays image13:31
ogra_not sure when the CI job runs or when the MP will be approved though13:32
kenvandineogra_, no worries... i can just use ssh for now :)13:32
Laneythe ones on there are qml only so you could maybe apply the patches locally13:33
kenvandineogra_, will the fix need a new flash?  or can i just update?13:33
ogra_yeah, but dogfooders wont be happy13:33
ogra_no idea, i dont know what is actually broken, Saviq worked on the fix13:33
ogra_if it involved just unity8 you should be able to just upgrade13:33
Saviqkenvandine, ogra_, it's just unity8, yes13:33
Saviqwe're back in autolanding mode now, due to some jenkins mishap13:34
Saviqso should get there soon13:34
* ogra_ watches the -changes ML anyway 13:34
ogra_as long as its on the way all is fine :)13:35
kenvandinelarsu, have you had a chance to look at exposes the choices from a schema in gsettings-qt?13:44
kenvandineor the list model stuff?13:44
larsukenvandine: no, sorry. I was busy with unity-greeter and now indicator-sound. Will look at those next.13:45
seb128kenvandine, Mirv: new qtsystems works fine on my laptop, so maybe an issue with ofono or something on the device ... will need debugging13:54
ctcbHi all...13:56
ctcbI have an Suggestion/Idea that I think should be in the Ubuntu Terminal Application.13:56
=== Guest86601 is now known as mfisch
=== mfisch is now known as Guest37969
ctcbI think the 'mv' command should have a -r argument alike to the -r argument in the 'cp' command. What -r would do in -mv is move everything from the current folder, and things within subfolders + subfolders, etc.13:58
ogra_ctcb, mv <olddir> <newdir>  is not enough for you ?13:59
ctcbogra_, I have a folder with a ton of folders in, and I need to move it to my ~/Dev folder.14:00
ogra_(also note that this is neither terminal nor desktop related)14:00
ctcbIn the main ubuntu channel, I was told to come here.14:01
ogra_so: mv /path/to/folder/ ~/Dev14:01
ogra_or mv /path/to/folder/* ~/Dev14:01
ctcbThen I need to do the same command like... 15 - 20 times.14:01
ctcbWhen a -r command could do everything at once.14:01
qenghoseb128: Will you please push this back up the hill and see if it goes this time?  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/28.0.1500.52-0ubuntu2/+build/474928114:14
qenghoI wish I could make it retry, but I can't.14:14
* ogra_ wonders why ... i thought the signing uploader always can14:15
ogra_qengho, seb128 done14:16
seb128ogra_, qengho: I retried the build 3 times since yesterday14:16
seb128it always fails around 9 hours14:16
sil2100kenvandine: hi! Is indicator-location ready for daily-release quality-wise? Since I see  you made some packaging changes, but is the code ready for daily release?14:16
seb128I wonder if there is a toolchain issue there14:16
ogra_i wonder if we could ask IS to force it onto another machine then14:17
qenghoseb128: I suspect it's overheating.14:17
kenvandinesil2100, not sure... i didn't really look at the code14:18
kenvandinei was just helping tedg out14:18
kenvandinei don't think there are any tests14:18
kenvandinei think i was bugging tedg to add tests14:19
tedgkenvandine, sil2100, yeah, I was more getting things ready for when we can work on it more.14:19
tedgIt's going to change a bunch in that it'll get moved from Gtk/AppIndicator to GMenuModel.14:20
tedgIt doesn't make sense to add tests to what's there really.14:20
tedgBut, in the long term, it'll need to get into distro and stuff like that.14:20
tedgSo I think it's worth checking off the other boxes.14:20
sil2100tedg: so you think it would make sense to daily release?14:25
sil2100Right now14:25
sil2100tedg: same for ubuntu-geoip - what about that one?14:25
seb128Laney, jfyi https://code.launchpad.net/~fboucault/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/gicon_no_qpixmap/+merge/17373414:26
seb128Laney, should make ubuntu-system-settings segfault less14:26
Laneyis that our bug?14:26
seb128Laney, I got Kaleo to work to it14:26
seb128Laney, yes14:26
seb128Laney, they needed sponsoring, I traded against a look to the issue ;-)14:26
Laneya good use of leverage14:27
didrocksrobru: cyphermox: sil2100: Mirv: kenvandine: even more scary code for cupstream2distro in production, if you see issues in prepare, possible that it's me :)14:28
sil2100Oh noes14:28
kenvandinedidrocks, ok, i'll watch for it14:29
tedgsil2100, In general, yes.  I don't think they'll hurt anything as no one uses them yet.  It'd be nice to get the machinery working early.14:32
Laneydobey: do you have a packaging branch for software-center?14:34
tedgThe Friends app is a big black square for me right now.  Either there's a bug or kenvandine is making a commentary about my social life.14:35
sil2100tedg: thanks - also, another question, unity-greeter-session-broadcast ;)14:35
sil2100What's up with that one?14:36
seb128is u1 sync daemon broken for somebody else?14:36
kenvandinetedg, humm14:36
tedgsil2100, That's the basis for mterry's greeter feature.14:36
tedgsil2100, Same status14:36
tedgsil2100, Oh, and don't forget url-dispatcher :-)14:36
dobeyLaney: no. it's just the imported packaging in lp:ubuntu/software-center, why?14:36
sil2100tedg: yes, was moving to that one now ;p Same/14:36
Laneydobey: OK then14:36
Laneydobey: I was trying to fix the autopkgtests and updated the test depends to add some missing ones14:37
kenvandinetedg, all the updates from saucy?14:37
* tedg is really tired of starting now projects, why can't people just be happy with laptops and desktops?14:37
seb128dobey, Laney: do you know if ubuntuone-syncdaemon is known to be broken in saucy?14:37
kenvandineit was broken because of sdk changes14:37
tedgkenvandine, I updated last night.  Let me do so today.14:37
Laneyseb128: sure looks broken to me14:37
seb128Laney, dobey14:37
seb128  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-client/ubuntuone/platform/__init__.py", line 52, in expand_user14:38
seb128    assert isinstance(path, str)14:38
dobeyLaney: ah. there is a "packaging branch" sort of, for the nightlies builds; it's only the debian/ dir content though14:38
Laneydobey: I also have a "misc fixes" MP for you which fixes some test failures14:38
dobeyseb128: ugh.14:38
LaneyNot all of them though - I'm hoping you or someone on your team might want to look at the rest? :-)14:38
seb128I blame barry14:38
LaneyThe failure blocks stuff in saucy-proposed14:38
dobeyseb128: me too14:39
Laneyside note: it's annoying how adt-run doesn't give you stdout14:39
tedgLaney, you can't HANDLE stdout  ;-)14:40
tedgI guess that'd be a better windows joke.14:40
dobeyLaney: i'd be inclined to just disable them for now. i don't really have time to look at them, and i don't think anyone else on the team does either :-/14:40
Laneydobey: heh, well if you want to turn off the ones that fail then go ahead14:41
LaneyOTOH the cause might be obvious to someone who knows the code14:41
LaneyIn any event my branch makes more of them pass so it's not completely awful14:41
seb128dobey, Laney: the syncdaemon issue is a barry one indeed, cf #ubuntu-devel14:42
Laneyyeah, saw14:42
LaneyThe proposal to merge lp:~laney/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/crossfadeimage into lp:ubuntu-ui-toolkit has been updated.14:42
LaneyStatus: Needs review => Approved14:42
seb128kenvandine, ^ is that what broke background for you maybe?14:43
seb128<kenvandine> oh... not sure this is new14:44
seb128 but now the backgrounds plugin displays black images14:44
kenvandinenot sure14:44
Laneyit can't be that unmerged code ...14:44
Laneyon desktop?14:44
kenvandineLaney, yeah, on the desktop14:45
kenvandinei didn't test before install kaleo's branch fixing gicon14:45
kenvandinebut that change seems unrelated14:45
LaneyI had some dubious problems after a recent ui-toolkit update14:45
kenvandineoh... guess what!14:45
kenvandinei have no background set right now!14:45
kenvandinemy desktop is black :)14:45
* kenvandine wonders what happened14:46
kenvandineso no bug there :)14:46
Laneyunless it's a black image it should fall back to the demo defaults14:46
kenvandinethe appearance panel in g-c-c still shows the image14:47
kenvandineso it's set14:47
kenvandinebut my desktop is drawn as all black14:47
Laneyblame new X :P14:48
kenvandineok... all good now :)14:48
kenvandinechanged it twice14:48
rickspencer3hey all, is U1 working for everyone else after today's update?15:11
rickspencer3or am I the only one seeing bug #119940215:11
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1199402 in ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu) "Ubuntuone failed to run" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/119940215:11
rickspencer3dobey, ^ ?15:11
Laneyrickspencer3: That just got discussed in #ubuntu-devel - barry was going to look at it IIUC15:11
dobeyyeah, python-configparser getting pulled in broke some stuff15:12
Laneyso the answer to your questions is "yes" and "no" respectively :-)15:12
Laneyhe did ask for a bug so pointing him to that would be good15:12
rickspencer3seems like it would be easy to add an auto-pilot test to the daily smoke tests or something that looks for the indicator15:13
dobeyLaney: seb filed a bug already. i just marked rick's as a dup of it :)15:14
Laneydobey: so I'm going to update my MP to disable tests that I don't see how to fix straight away15:15
Laneyup to you if you want to take that or not15:15
seb128somebody else filed it before me15:15
dobeyLaney: sounds fine to me15:15
Laneypep8 is one that's fixable but oh so tedious15:16
dobeyseb128: ah, ok; i didn't see if you were reporter or not. just presumed you were :)15:16
jbichatedg: what kind of a bug is bug 1199377?15:19
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1199377 in gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) "mpt crashes gnome-control-center" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/119937715:19
mptjbicha, true-but-not-useful15:21
mptI reported the crash to the error tracker. :-)15:21
=== om26er_ is now known as om26er|dinner
jbichait's pretty funny though15:22
tedgjbicha, Yes, it was intended to harass mpt :-)15:25
didrocksseb128: thanks for the qt-opensource-src review :)15:29
seb128didrocks, yw, poor Mirv was chasing people for days without luck ... and I traded the review against a bugfix from Kaleo ;-)15:30
seb128oh, it's meeting time15:30
seb128qengho, mlankhorst, Sweetshark, Laney, tkamppeter, attente, desrt, larsu: hey, it's meeting time15:30
larsumeeting \o/15:30
seb128how is everyone?15:31
seb128larsu, welcome back in Europe ;-)15:31
* larsu fled Toronto before the flood15:31
larsuseb128: thanks!15:31
desrttoronto is under half a metre of water15:31
seb128ok, first item: please review/update your workitems15:31
seb128especially if you still have some on http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-s/canonical-desktop-team-ubuntu-13.06.html15:32
seb128cyphermox, qengho: you still have quite some here, you might want to move them to 13.0715:32
seb128(just did that today with the mine for system settings)15:32
seb128didrocks, ^ btw if you could do a reminder about that for your half of the meeting as well15:33
seb128 15:33
didrocksseb128: yeah, was planning that :)15:33
seb128on that note, let's get started with status updates15:33
seb128didrocks, thanks15:33
seb128qengho, hey15:33
qengho* Fixed chromium-browser Neon support for ARMHF. Need to upload. "Fixed" as in "I had my dog fixed."15:33
qengho* Added some simple autopkgtest tests to packaging. Simple smoketest so far. Will add tests for webapps functionality, somehow.  (Help!)  Also may publish a hook recipe for {p,cow}builder users.15:33
qenghoI have no experience poking keyboard events into or UI tests. Sounds hard.15:34
seb128qengho, did you talk to the qa team about it?15:35
qenghoNot yet.  chromium isn't 'known for acessibility, desrt.15:35
seb128or didrocks&co might be able to help15:35
seb128not sure if autopilot stuff can apply to your case15:35
ogra_qengho, if we have some eventagain  where we can meet in person i'll bring you an ac100 ... so you can test on non NEON HW more easily15:36
* didrocks sees no &co after his nickname :)15:36
didrocksqengho: seb128: I doubt it can, but we can have a try at least15:36
qenghoogra_: I've been using #ac100 a lot.15:36
seb128didrocks, ;-)15:36
seb128didrocks, thanks15:36
ogra_qengho, yeah, saw that15:36
seb128qengho, let's see if the 3rd retry of chromium/saucy/armhf works out15:36
seb128qengho, and fixing menus and webapps there would still be nice as well ;-)15:37
seb128qengho, thanks15:37
* qengho lights black candles and prepares the goat.15:37
ogra_else we'll send some IS guy with a fan15:37
seb128mlankhorst called it a day early15:37
ogra_(or icecream for the panda or so)15:37
seb128<mlankhorst>but items for this week were landing x1.14, and getting patches to drm-nouveau-next merged15:37
seb128Sweetsha1k, hey15:38
seb128no there it seems?15:38
didrocksseb128: I didn't see him around since the conference, is he back?15:38
seb128Laney, hey15:39
Laney• Xorg transition assistance - blocking, hinting, discussing15:39
Laney∘ Seemed to expose a weird toolkit image corruption bug; switiching to nouveau (freedom!) fixed it for now15:39
seb128didrocks, I'm not sure, checking on calendar15:39
Laney• Finish 'background' DBus work and get that merged15:39
Laney• Reviews of system-settings MPs15:39
Laney• Spend a fair bit of time fixing CrossFadeImage review comments and encountering weird counterintuitive QML behaviour/bugs. This just got merged though. Soon to be one less custom widget in u-s-s. (after the UbuntuShape bit of it gets in...) :-)15:39
Laney• Merge gtk+2.0 gtk+3.0 from Debian to get cool immodule cache postinst simplifications.15:39
Laney• Too many discussions about multiarch directories for g-c-c. ;-)15:39
Laney• autopkgtest fix for ubiquity which required learning about ISO-63915:39
Laney• Working on autokpkgtest fixes for software-center15:39
Laney• Roasted in the heatwave. Buy me a pool?15:39
seb128didrocks, he's not marked as off but maybe the website didn't have vac days approved or something15:40
seb128Laney, if you manage to talk jason into buying you a pool let us know how ;-)15:41
seb128Laney, thanks15:41
Laneylegitimate work expense!15:41
seb128Laney, how much is still missing on the background panel which is not blocked on other teams (like file picker)?15:41
desrtLaney: i suggest being on battery power if working in the pool....15:41
seb128Laney, do you plan to pick another panel?15:41
seb128ok, moving on15:43
seb128we can discuss that after the meeting15:43
Laneynothing, apart from getting the rest of it into the toolkit15:43
seb128no worry ;-)15:43
LaneyI'll pick one to do, yeah15:43
seb128didrocks, do you still plan/want to do privacy?15:43
seb128well, let's discuss that out of the meeting15:44
seb128it's not like we were lacking panels that need work15:44
didrocksseb128: yeah, the WI was for august, and I'm still on time :)15:44
seb128Laney, thanks15:44
seb128tkamppeter, hey15:44
tkamppeter - General bug fixes.15:44
tkamppeter - Development on cups-filters towards PPD-less printing on IPP printers.15:44
tkamppeter - Mentoring GSoC students15:44
seb128tkamppeter, thanks15:45
seb128desrt, hey15:45
desrta week of much talking, not so much action15:45
desrtdesigned a new dbus protocol with larsu15:45
desrtand figured out how accel changing is going to work15:45
desrtactually got a good chunk of the work done there15:45
desrtspending today actually integrating it into the menu tracker stuff15:46
desrtthat's about all, really15:46
desrt(the rest was mostly mailing list arguments and the like, as you're aware)15:46
seb128desrt, "new dbus protocol" ... what is that about?15:46
desrtnotifications based on actions15:46
seb128desrt, thanks15:47
desrtso that the notifications can be around when apps are not running15:47
desrtand clicking the notification can bring the app back to life15:47
seb128(and yeah, /o\ for endless discussions on details, though those are sometime needed)15:47
desrtalso: solves some race conditions in the existing freedesktop protocol15:47
larsudesrt also fixed that g-c-c thing :)15:48
seb128right, you guys mentioned the offline stuff in the past ... good to see that's still being worked ;-)15:48
desrtoh ya... lots of small bugfixes, of course15:48
seb128desrt, thanks15:48
seb128attente, hey15:48
attenteseb128, hi15:48
attentewrapped up indicator-keyboard unit tests15:48
attentefixing up MPs needed for indicator-keyboard landing15:48
attentemore work on the language panel ui in ubuntu-system-settings, will start the backend stuff this week15:48
seb128attente, oh, you started on the system settings work, great15:49
attenteit's just the ui at this point though15:49
seb128attente, are you around after the meeting to discuss a bit indicator-keyboard landing?15:49
seb128attente, feel free to ask questions on the channel if you need help with the phone ui/qml15:50
seb128some of us start having some experience with that15:50
attentethanks, will do15:50
seb128or just merge propose the ui to lp:ubuntu-system-settings so you get team reviews there15:50
seb128attente, thanks15:50
seb128larsu, hey15:50
larsu- made sure the new indicators show up in the right order15:51
larsu- added support for new indicators in unity-greeter15:51
larsu- fixed most indicator-sound issues raised on the MR (thanks seb128 and charles); expecting to land it this week15:51
larsu- some minor indicator fixes that came up during the week15:51
larsu- fixed and indicator-battery crash (they still use that on the phone)15:51
larsu- moved to Berlin15:51
seb128larsu, oh, I didn't see the update of indicator-sound, I'm probably not subscribe ... I will build/try the update15:51
seb128larsu, thanks15:52
larsuseb128: I didn't fix everything on your list yet, but I'm getting close ;)15:52
seb128* spent most of my week on system settings, got quite some done15:52
seb128- storage UI is mostly done15:52
seb128- it lists apps (from a fake model atm) and allows to sort them15:52
seb128- plugged backend into libhybris15:52
seb128- used qtsystem for disk storage infos and some other bits15:53
seb128* some bugs fixing15:53
seb128* some IRC/mailing list discussions that eat some time in the week15:53
seb128* helped on landing the new xorg to saucy15:53
seb128did I forget anyone? questions/comments?15:54
seb128ok, seems not, thanks everyone ;-)15:56
seb128we have 4 minutes before didrocks takes over15:56
seb128let's take a bit system settings still15:56
seb128larsu, do you plan to work on any panel? not sure how packed you are still with indicators15:57
didrocksseb128: some dummy question on the system settings, but how do you go back on the desktop, once you select a category?15:57
seb128larsu, do you know if power/datetime are going to be easy through unitymenumodel once that lands?15:57
kenvandinedidrocks, slide up from the bottom15:57
seb128didrocks, you dnd the bottom bar15:57
kenvandinesame as the phone15:57
seb128click at the bottom and dnd up15:57
kenvandinenot mouse friendly15:58
didrocksah… ok :p15:58
didrocksthanks seb128, kenvandine15:58
seb128we should probably bind delete to or esc to back15:58
seb128didrocks, yw15:58
larsuseb128: I haven't looked at the designs much. If they are fairly similar in terms of features, they shoud be easy15:58
larsuseb128: I'm still quite busy with sound and messages and gsettings-qt15:59
=== Sweetsha1k is now known as Sweetshark
kenvandineyay for gsettings-qt improvements!15:59
larsuseb128: this^^ guy wants more features :P15:59
larsukenvandine: ;)15:59
LaneyDo we have any information on unitymenumodel?16:00
seb128larsu, ok, finish the indicators first16:00
seb128Laney, larsu is working on it ... not sure if it's ready16:00
seb128oh, time for didrocks16:00
didrocksyep ;)16:00
didrockscyphermox: Mirv: kenvandine: robru: sil2100: hey guys! how are you? :)16:00
Laneywell, like - what's the outline of how a panel using that will look?16:00
robrudidrocks, awake!16:00
* Laney shuts up16:00
didrocksrobru: \o/16:01
* robru wipes sleep from eeys16:01
kenvandinehappier now that we don't seem to have regressions from the sdk :)16:01
didrocksheh :)16:01
davmor2Laney: It's a Menu Model for unity,  or did you need more info than that :)16:02
didrockshey again sil2100 ;)16:02
* didrocks waits a little bit for cyphermox and Mirv16:02
didrockslet's do some announcements meanwhile16:02
didrocks-> if you have edit rights, you will see the "ubuntu-unity tools" menu next to help16:03
didrocksit will help you tagging tasks DONE/UNDONE (and help me archiving with once click!)16:03
robrudidrocks, sounds like you are the spreadsheet ninja16:03
didrocksrobru: ahah, it is actual javascript code (running on google cloud ;))16:04
didrocksto mark a task DONE, just select the area you are interested in, and press the toogle menu16:04
ogra_that makes you even more of a ninja, no ?16:04
didrocksogra_: let's say that, I just left the kubuntu ninja team (too many PPA FTBFS) :-)16:04
didrocksso yeah, please keep the spreadsheet updated16:04
didrockssecond announcement, cupstream2distro changes:16:05
didrocksmaybe you will see some prepare or publish job failing (until tomorrow)16:05
didrocksplease just ping me16:05
didrocksthe changes are:16:05
didrocksdiff for published packages won't trigger a manual publishing again16:05
didrocksthe generated diff for packaging will only contains the actual diff between distro and the new trunk16:06
didrocks(no more leftover of older debian/changelog or debian/*symbols from previous runs)16:06
didrocksthe 2 steps diff is now applied (diffing from the bzr branch, then, rediffing the generated source file)16:06
sil2100Ah, ok16:07
didrocksif the first diff shows a change, and the second shows nothing apart debian/changelog without any interesting line16:07
didrocksit will put the prepare job in warning16:07
didrocksI'm sure Laney and kenvandine will like this :)16:07
Mirvsorry, a little late16:07
didrockshey Mirv!16:07
didrocksMirv: no worry, you will read the announcement afterwards :)16:07
Mirvhey all!16:07
didrocksand some better message commit for trunk16:07
didrocksso with all those changes, please ping me if anything fails :)16:08
Mirvthe unity-tools seemed really neat :)16:08
didrocks(hopefully nothing)16:08
didrocksMirv: if you have any suggestion for additional items that can be useful, just… suggest!16:08
robrudidrocks, I don't seem to have access to lillypilly. can you check that my ssh key is authorized to connect?16:08
didrocksrobru: you should have access to your account at least16:08
didrocksnot the ubuntu-archive one :)16:08
didrocksrobru: people.canonical.com, you can't access to it?16:08
Laneyyou have to jumphost through chinstrap16:09
didrocksyeah, there is a wiki page for that, I'll ping you with the link16:09
Laneylook for sshebang16:09
didrocksok, last item as an announce…16:09
didrocksplease think about updating them :)16:09
didrocksI'll do a check tomorrow afternoon, so you have 24 hours :)16:10
didrocksok, let's move to the actual work now16:10
didrocksMirv: want to start?16:10
Mirvyeah. so good stuff, qtsensors/qtsystems in, ubuntu-html5-theme in, qtcreator under testing16:10
Mirvsome sponsoring gotten, qtpim still waiting16:11
didrocksMirv: waiting on sponsoring?16:11
Mirvdidrocks: yep since yesterday as I got report from renato that it's tested and working16:11
=== om26er|dinner is now known as om26er
didrocksMirv: ok, I see it in the spreadsheet, I'll have a look16:12
Mirvnot on the list, but I'm also working on Qt 5.1 review (PPA), and after I got the qtbase build issue figured out it's going quite well. but we've the QPA plugin thing (sil2100, welcome back from holiday!) which would be now nice during the next month, in time for 5.1.116:12
Mirvs/review/preview/, for testing16:12
Mirvdidrocks: thanks16:12
didrocksMirv: great! and don't forget, we also handled the xorg transition last week together, was… *fun* :)16:12
Mirvthat's it for the 3 Qt items on the sheet (plus 5.1)16:12
seb128Mirv, did you see that kenvandine said that the new qtsystems from the ppa makes system settings segfault on armhf?16:13
Mirvdidrocks: oh yeah, that was.. interesting yes16:13
sil2100Mirv: I had some code for that, if you mean the appmenu-qt5 thing, will do some testing this week ;)16:13
Mirvseb128: I noticed, I'd like to test it also myself tomorrow, now I just got it compiled and installed on desktop16:13
didrockssil2100: excellent :-)16:13
Mirvsil2100: yeah, that, excellent if promising progress :) no hurry at the moment, but it's good to know that there are no surprising blockers visible etc16:13
didrockssil2100: welcome back! I asked you to review the 2 items on status for package cleaning and the new component for daily release, do you mind updating us on that? :)16:14
sil2100Mirv: all seems to be going in the right direction, although I consider the current approach more like a RND, but let's talk about that later ;)16:14
didrocksrobru: you maybe want to complete as well, as you are leading that task (cleaning all the daily_release: False) ^16:14
sil2100I did a check of all the components with daily_release: False actually16:15
seb128Mirv, it's working on desktop for me as well, maybe it's a problem in the ofono code  (no ofono on the desktop so it probably doesn't try to use it there)16:15
robrudidrocks, yeah, it seems sil2100 took over the daily_release stuff. my name is no longer listed in the spreadsheet as leading it. sorry :-(16:15
sil2100So, I'll publish that in a pastebinit, but in overall - many many components are basically ready but need some packaging reviews (like ubuntu-geoip, unity-greeter-session-broadcast, url-dispatcher and address-book-app)16:15
sil2100robru: :D16:15
sil2100robru: sorry about that :<16:16
didrocksrobru: well, you are still listed and worked on that for that past weeks, so maybe you can help? ^ :)16:16
robrusil2100, it's ok, I am a bad leader.16:16
kenvandineMirv, if you don't have a device to reproduce it on, i will happily test patches16:16
sil2100robru: I snatched it today, since I wanted to mark it with my urine like a dog16:16
kenvandineMirv, i can also try to get a better stacktrace16:16
kenvandinesil2100, lol16:16
sil2100So that no one takes my pray from me...16:16
didrockssil2100: ok, nice news, do you prefer handling that ourself and get the stack holders reviewing the changes?16:16
sil2100didrocks: I prepared one packaging review (MP is done) and another one ready, I'll be poking people for reviews16:17
didrockssil2100: excellent, thanks!16:17
Mirvkenvandine: I do have my nexus416:17
kenvandineMirv, ok, cool16:17
robrusil2100, please poke me for some reviews, I would like to help16:17
sil2100As for the new components, I still didn't check the whole list, but I'll post an e-mail with my findings once I'm done16:17
sil2100robru: with pleasure! https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/ubuntu-geoip/packaging_review/+merge/17376716:18
kenvandinerobru, i have a branch pending that'll autoland friends-app in the ubuntu-sdk ppa16:18
kenvandinefixing that issue we talked about yesterday16:18
didrockssil2100: ok, on the packaging cleaning (http://paste.ubuntu.com/5741741/), last week, I did relist all the one that still need to apply the cleaning advise from the pastebin. emails for dealing with those is fine :)16:18
robrukenvandine, sweeeeet16:18
didrockskenvandine: robru: Mirv: cyphermox: maybe before we receive this email, please look at F12, it didn't move since last week :-)16:18
robrukenvandine, it turns out that particular user who complained didn't even realize he had the PPA enabled, so he disabled it. but genereally, yeah, we'll want friends-app in that PPA to match for other raring users16:19
didrocksyou all have packages on stack you are reponsible for AFAIK16:19
kenvandinemaybe the sdk stack should run the friends-app autopilot tests16:19
kenvandineMirv, ^^16:19
robrudidrocks, F12! there's an F column? I have never seen this...16:19
didrockskenvandine: sounds like a good idea :)16:19
sil2100That column is so far away that I missed it16:19
didrocksrobru: well, it's juts after E :)16:19
didrocksyeah, I think we should clean more16:20
didrockslike all the DONE/MERGED16:20
robrudidrocks, but it's scrolled off the edge of my screen! I never noticed the horizontal scrollbar in chromium...16:20
didrocksso that we don't get to W?16:20
didrockswdyt guys? ^16:20
robrudidrocks, cleaning is always good, but what needs cleaning?16:20
Mirvkenvandine: so that if friends-app breaks, sdk is halted? could be nice, although I'm not sure if it's any better than the current ui-toolkit's own autopilot tests?16:21
Mirvdidrocks: right, thanks for pointing out that the F column is the new stuff :)16:21
kenvandinemaybe... we did catch a regression that way16:21
kenvandinenevermind though... that was for raring :)16:21
didrocksrobru: like the DONE/MERGED :)16:21
didrocksor SUPSEEDED16:21
robruMirv, currently friends-app's autopilot tests are very basic. just tests that friends-app runs and then twiddles the toolbar. doesn't do anything super thorough. but it's a good start because we've had a couple issues with the sdk where the app wouldn't even start at all.16:21
sil2100I'm all for not using so many columns ;)16:21
kenvandineautolanding friends-app will fix that16:22
sil2100I prefer dividing it into smaller tasks16:22
Mirvrobru: ok.16:22
robrudidrocks, I guess I don't understand what you're asking.16:22
didrocksrobru: see E12, I think we can remove its content for instance16:22
Mirvoh right, please remember that I'm again away for two weeks after this week16:22
didrocksMirv: yeah, I checked the calendars, I think sil2100 will be "lucky" to get on your stack! :)16:23
robrudidrocks, oh, you mean cleaning the spreadsheet itself. I thought you meant we needed to clean packages that were already marked as DONE. very confused.16:23
Mirvsil2100: the lucky one! :)16:23
didrocksrobru: the action is "clean packages" that are listed in lines 1216:23
sil2100I'm happy to be the ONE16:23
didrocksthen, we have to clean the spreadsheet ;)16:23
didrocksI'll make a pass at cleaning tomorrow the spreadsheet16:23
didrocksplease clean the packages :p16:23
didrocksrobru: ok, your turn! congrats to get friends daily-release, anything else to share?16:24
robrudidrocks, yes, E12 info is very stale. but I think the ones marked SUPERCEDED are actually done (what they've been superceded by is already merged).16:24
didrocksrobru: yep, I'll check the superseeded one16:25
robrudidrocks, well I got app stack fixed. took quite a bit of upstream hassling to figure out the 56 test failures ;-)16:25
didrocksrobru: what was it btw?16:25
robrudidrocks, oh, various bits of sdk breakage. some miscommunication between SDK team and notes-app team. osomon stepped up to fix everything when it was revealed that primary maintainer left for holiday without fixing things.16:26
didrocksah "excellent" and "not good" in the same way :p16:27
didrocksrobru: thanks for looking at those and getting that fixed :)16:27
robruno worries ;-)16:27
didrockskenvandine: apart from system-settings, did you have time to look at libpam-freerdp new package and webcreds autopilot tests?16:27
robrudidrocks, and the other big news items is that I finally landed friends-instagram, months overdue (was meant to be reviewing that before my holiday last month)16:27
kenvandinedidrocks, can i run otto now?16:27
kenvandineor rather... got instructions for me?16:27
didrockskenvandine: yeah, we can talk so that I can give you some tutorials :)16:27
didrocksrobru: oh, nice for instagram! :)16:28
didrocksrobru: this is daily releasing as well?16:28
kenvandinetime to finish my instagram app!16:28
robrudidrocks, yep. andrewsomething wrote some good tests for it and everything.16:28
didrockskenvandine: let's check together tomorrow for otto, we can set that up :)16:28
robrunext thing I want to do is land linkedin support, except for that I'll have to write my own tests because the author of the patch didn't.16:29
Mirvthe next item there is what didier added about qtwebkit. arm build of qtwebkit seems to fail on saucy, maybe a toolchain issue.. and it's also left open because I linked the MIR tests required bug in there, and it's good to keep track of both issues16:29
didrocksyep ;)16:29
didrocks(don't talked about the qtwebkit MIR again *ever* please :p)16:30
didrocksrobru: good luck for the tests ;)16:30
didrocksno cyphermox apparently, he didn't answer to my ping, not around?16:30
didrocksin addition to daily release update + some javascript fun, I work on Mir16:31
didrocks(not MIR)16:31
didrocksso unity8 entirely daily release now to a ppa16:31
didrocks(4 components in the stack)16:31
didrocksand the Mir stack (with lightdm, unity-greeter) is ready16:31
didrocksbut there are some blockers on Mir itself16:31
didrockstests not passing on some archs16:31
didrocksand a copy of google-mock embedded16:31
didrocksjust to keep it short, updating and fixing google-mock to a newer version asked to fix the build system of 7 packages16:32
didrocksall are done but nux16:32
didrocks(and I don't want to touch autotools, lost too much time on this)16:32
didrocksbregma is updating it16:32
didrocksand we can land that new google-mock + all the merges for the new google-mock16:32
didrocks(we ship a copy of google-tests though, an updated version, inside google-mock)16:33
didrockslong story short, Mir will hopefully be soon in universe :)16:33
didrocks(pending on upstream and https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bugs?field.tag=entering-saucy)16:33
didrocksthat's it, any question?16:33
* bregma loves to wallow in autotools16:33
didrocksbregma: I loved it too, but after a full day just on that with cmake, I'm happy to spread the love :p16:34
=== Guest37969 is now known as mfisch
sil2100No questions16:34
=== mfisch is now known as Guest41197
sil2100hm, there's also one thing I would need help with16:35
cyphermoxdidrocks: yes, I'm around16:35
didrockscyphermox: hey, any status update to share?16:35
didrockscyphermox: and please backlog when you have time, there are status update and actions required ^16:35
Mirvno questions from this side16:35
* sil2100 has one status update and request to share16:36
cyphermoxdidrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/libhud-qt/binary-prio/+merge/17133516:36
didrockscyphermox: excellent, mind adding that to the spreadsheet?16:36
didrocksI'll review that tomorrow16:37
didrockscyphermox: any progress on indicator-network? is it daily releasing now?16:37
cyphermoxI really need to get back to bluetooth now16:37
cyphermoxit did release a few days ago16:37
didrockscyphermox: please mark it as done with the new toggle button :)16:37
cyphermoxseeing as indicators went green today, I'm guessing it all released too16:37
didrockscyphermox: thanks!16:37
didrocksok, time to wrap up, then, sorry for the extra minutes! have a good week everyone :)16:38
* didrocks press the archive buttons now :)16:38
didrockssil2100: yep, how can I help you?16:38
sil2100For anyone that can help, I started cleaning up the packages: lists in stacks16:38
sil2100And I need some eyeballs there ;)16:38
sil2100(in some free time)16:39
cyphermoxwhat toggle?16:39
didrockscyphermox: see start of the meetting and the new "ubuntu-unity tools" menu, next to "help"16:39
* Mirv successfully used archive button16:40
didrocksMirv: heh, you can even reuse it multiple times a day :)16:40
didrocks(it won't restamp the date)16:40
cyphermoxdid we really need that to turn a row grey?16:41
sil2100But there are holes in the spreadsheet now!16:41
didrockscyphermox: please suggest a better column to visually shows it's DONE :)16:41
didrockssil2100: hum, I don't have any hole here?16:41
cyphermoxthat's not what I meant16:41
sil2100Oh, reloading helped16:41
sil2100Nevermind ;)16:41
* didrocks waves good evening and good night16:45
jbichatedg: could you repoke https://code.launchpad.net/~jbicha/hud/build-depend-on-valac-not-gir/+merge/16803116:51
tedgjbicha, Done16:51
tedgjbicha, It had a FTBFS in trunk from BAMF, so nothing HUD was building :-/16:52
jbichaI'm always happier when build failures aren't my fault :)16:52
ctcbI'm wondering, how exactly are directories made in Ubuntu, is it via a .sh file?16:55
jbichaattente: you're not using org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings switch-input-source for indicator-keyboard are you?16:56
Trevinhotedg: the failure is due to the deprecation of bamf_application_get_application_menu... I've done that since it has never really been implemented...16:56
attentejbicha, no, using org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys for it16:56
Trevinhotedg: why is that used there?16:56
jbichaattente: please use the wm.keybindings one since the media-keys one was dropped in g-s-d 3.817:00
=== olli_ is now known as olli
seb128Trevinho, tedg: who should I bug about https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-appmenu/+bug/119707117:00
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1197071 in indicator-appmenu (Ubuntu) "on_indicator_menu_show() called with a NULL entry" [Undecided,New]17:00
seb128tedg, Trevinho: is that bamf or indicator issue?17:00
* Trevinho checking17:01
Trevinhoseb128: it's an hard choice though since, as it's popularly known, both me and tedg write bugless code... :P17:01
jbichaattente: although maybe we need to update that part of g-s-d too then17:02
seb128don't confuse tedg for njpatel17:02
seb128Trevinho, $ grep on_indicator_menu_show unity-panel-service.log | wc -l17:02
seb128fun ;-)17:02
jbichaattente: never mind then, it's something to think about later though17:02
seb128and I restarted this box this morning17:02
seb128jbicha, yeah, please don't mix gsd/gcc 3.8 stuff in the indicator-keyboard update, that's already hard enough to land it17:03
Trevinhoit seems a non disconnected signal o r similar tough17:03
tedgseb128, Did we get the glib patch to report g_criticals?  We should try turning it on for unity-panel-service.17:04
seb128tedg, did that patch land in git upstream? I didn't track it17:04
tedgseb128, Me neither.  desrt ?17:04
ubot2`Gnome bug 701800 in general "a new approach to reporting critical errors" [Normal,New]17:08
* desrt remembers this bug17:13
desrtseb128: i got stuck because upstart was causing trouble here17:14
desrtreflecting back, i think maybe the best thing to do is require a envvar set when debugging17:14
=== psivaa is now known as psivaa-afk
seb128desrt, well, env is an issue because either it's a problematic options for normal users and we don't default to it, and very few users will opt-in ... or it's not a problem to use, in which case why not just turn it on17:30
seb128jbicha, attente, Laney: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2013-July/037462.html fyi17:30
seb128ibus 1.5 discussion17:30
seb128(that was overdue)17:31
seb128jbicha, did you guy have an ibus 1.5 in the ppa (just checking that attente doesn't redo work because he doesn't know that you guys have it somewhere)17:31
desrtseb128: i mean envvar to turn it off when you're debugging17:31
seb128desrt, oh, this way, I see17:32
jbichaseb128: no I haven't had ibus 1.5 in a ppa since last year17:34
seb128jbicha, ok17:35
=== zimmerle` is now known as zimmerle
=== Guest41197 is now known as mfisch
=== mfisch is now known as Guest1021
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
tedgcyphermox_, So can I just use the nm API for most things and ignore the fact that oFono exists with your bridge?20:22
cyphermox_tedg: yup21:35
tedgcyphermox_, Cool21:38
=== RAOF_ is now known as RAOF
manishjbicha_: I sent you a mail y'day23:03

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!