=== racarr is now known as racarr|themanbur
=== racarr|themanbur is now known as racarr
pittiGood morning04:16
pittiLaney: what's the context of your ping for the new cgroup layout? do we need this now for something?04:17
=== broder_ is now known as broder
Saviqlarsu, uh, missed your last message - yeah there is a default property - but only one - and it only works as a list of children07:01
=== bigon_ is now known as bigon
larsuSaviq: yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks07:08
* didrocks is having a too low bread-shot level in blood07:11
jibelgood morning07:16
didrockssalut jibel!07:33
seb128good morning desktoper07:34
seb128lut didrocks07:34
didrockshey seb128!07:34
seb128pitti, salut07:34
jibelBonjour didrocks07:34
pittibonjour seb12807:34
jibelBonjour seb12807:34
pittiça va didrocks07:34
pittihey larsu, how are you? in Berlin again?07:35
didrockspitti: ça va bien, et toi?07:35
pittididrocks: ça va bien aussi07:35
seb128pitti, reading backlog, http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/07/16/%23ubuntu-desktop.html#t18:04 for Laney's comment about the cgroup thing07:35
seb128lut jibel07:35
larsupitti: yep! Loving it here :)07:40
* larsu needs to find a place, though07:40
seb128larsu, good morning ;-)07:40
larsubonjour seb128, how are you?07:40
seb128larsu, I'm good thanks07:41
seb128larsu, enjoying the not-so-hot yet temperature in the morning ;-)07:41
pittiseb128: oh, does it become so hot at your place now?07:42
seb128pitti, 34.5°C yesterday afternoon07:42
pittiit's actually been quite pleasant here for the past week, about 23 degrees and sunny07:42
larsuit's not terribly hot here07:42
seb128which is a bit too much to my taste07:42
larsuseb128: crazy!07:42
larsupitti: ya, same here. Perfect if you ask me :)07:42
pittiseb128: c'est trop chaud!07:42
pittilarsu: +107:42
seb128pitti, en effet !07:42
didrocksbon, il a plu ici 2 minutes!07:47
didrocksseb128: thx!07:47
seb128didrocks, lol07:48
didrocksthat's how I know you start working :p07:48
didrocksshould I add *finally*?07:48
* didrocks runs…07:49
seb128wait for 19h so I can make joke about you *already* stopping :p07:49
didrocksseb128: ahah ;)07:49
* seb128 hugs didrocks07:49
* didrocks hugs seb128 back07:49
seb128didrocks, larsu: great, charles' fix for indicator-session worked, the gmenu version is finally in saucy07:50
didrocksyeah, that's nice! :-)07:50
pittiil faut manger le diner à 19:00, pas travailler ..07:50
larsuseb128: great!07:50
didrockspitti: avec une glace en dessert?07:50
seb128pitti, did you see my note about the cgroup thing? Laney thinks it might be creating the issue where gnome-session doesn't inhibit shutdown07:50
pittididrocks: bien sûr !07:50
didrocksseb128: btw, you should thanks the mir team07:50
didrocksseb128: as they are breaking ABI everyday, I have to split stuff in 2 stacks07:51
didrocksand force one stack building, even when there is no change07:51
pittiseb128: we don't have the rearranged cgroups yet07:51
seb128go robert_ancell go ;-)07:51
pittiseb128: also, why would they affect inhibitors?07:51
didrocksseb128: so I'll use that hacking to enable the "force rebuild" option I guess :)07:51
pittiseb128: no, I just saw "reading scrollback", but no actual comment07:51
seb128pitti, the url to the irc log was on the same line07:52
seb128pitti, http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/07/16/%23ubuntu-desktop.html#t18:0407:52
seb128"Laney[pid  6011] inotify_add_watch(12, "/sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/machine", IN_MOVED_TO|IN_CREATE|IN_DELETE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)18:0407:52
seb128LaneyThat's why sd_login_monitor_new fails"07:52
seb128pitti, ^ I think Laney was suggesting that gnome-session was bailing out of setting the inhibitor due to that07:52
seb128but let's wait for him07:53
pittihm, why is that already in gnome 3.8? the cgroup reorg happened much after that07:53
didrockssil2100: was the unity run with "check with whole ppa" gave good results yesterday?07:58
didrockshey btw :)07:59
sil2100didrocks: hi! Not too good ;/07:59
didrockssil2100: urgh, mhr3 and other unity people are on it?08:00
sil2100didrocks: one machine failed for unknown reasons, the second had still a lot of failures08:00
didrockssil2100: well, at least, while they are analysing it, there are some stacks to fix/get on shape this morning :)08:00
sil2100didrocks: yes, mhr3 knew about it, he also ran bustle-pcap on one of the machines08:00
sil2100I know, it's raining red ;D08:01
mhr3the good news is that the hud thing was indeed fixed08:01
sil2100Oooh oooh?08:01
mhr3the bustle log looks reasonable now08:01
Laneygood day!08:01
sil2100mhr3: hm08:01
seb128Laney, good morning!08:02
sil2100mhr3: but there are still a lot of failures08:02
didrockshey Laney!08:02
mhr3sil2100, yea, i just re-approved one ap fix, should help, we'll see how things will look then08:03
sil2100mhr3: awesome!08:03
Laneypitti: that strace snippet is from a call inside logind; sd_login_monitor_new, which gnome-session calls and fails08:03
mhr3but tbh the unity tests look more flaky than ever :/08:03
Laneythe commit I found was just some random poking around upstream :-)08:03
pittiLaney: ah, so sd_login_monitor_new() is generally broken in our version?08:04
sil2100It seems that due to all the delays with releases, we didn't really have any real unity testing, so probably all flackied up during that time08:04
pittiLaney: probably because we don't have a real pid 1; so this either needs some systemd-shim hack, or we need to change that test08:04
Laneypitti: Well, it appears to look for that /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/machine which doesn't exist and bail out due to that08:04
pittiLaney: would you mind filing a bug about it?08:04
LaneyBeyond that I can't tell you what it's for08:04
LaneyThe root bug we were poking at is that pressing shutdown stops the machine straight away08:05
Laneyso I was looking at why g-sessino didn't inhibit it08:05
pittiI'll have a look what that thing is and how we can make this work, but I'd like to finish something else first (also, we might need to reassign to -shim)08:06
LaneyI'm not certain this is the cause but it seems like a good place to start08:06
Laneywill file; thanks08:06
seb128Laney, pitti: you can reuse the bug from Trevinho there I guess?08:06
pittiLaney: thanks; even if theres' something else, login_monitor_new() ought to work08:06
pittisure, if there is one already08:06
Laneyseb128: oh, there is one?08:06
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1201180 in gnome-session (Ubuntu) "Pressing power button turns off the PC ignoring the presence of another session manager" [Undecided,New]08:06
sil2100didrocks: fixing the packages lists right now, since SDK has some new deps08:10
sil2100didrocks: also, it seems that now the UI toolkit depends on HUD directly08:12
didrockssil2100: yeah, you need to shepard the dependencies between the stack08:12
didrocksand the hours I guess08:12
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/stack_fixes_due_to_sdk/+merge/17521808:28
didrockssil2100: did you read my comment on the hours/schedule to change?08:30
didrockssil2100: it seems they are on the right order, but I wonder if we shouldn't keep them shorter08:31
didrockssil2100: thoughts?08:31
didrockssil2100: otherwise, +1 (we can reschedule them later on if needed)08:32
sil2100didrocks: the description has some commments on that08:33
sil2100didrocks: as I said in the description, the schedules might need tweaking, but as this  scheme works (and there are no deadlocks right now), then we can use a seperate merge for that08:34
didrockssil2100: yeah, let's get that rolling then! approving, thanks! :)08:35
didrockssil2100: I'll let you redeploy/rerun?08:35
didrocksone chromium finishes to hang…08:36
seb128tjaalton, mlankhorst: do you know if we will get an -intel new version soon? I see frequent corruptions since the xserver update in saucy :/08:49
mlankhorstseb128: well we didn't do that yet because last few releases intel broke badly08:54
seb128mlankhorst, no sign on a non broken one?08:55
tjaaltonyeah and .12 is still broken for some08:55
tjaaltonreleased last sunday08:55
tjaaltonguess we could push that to x-staging08:55
mlankhorstsure, just give me a sec08:56
seb128tjaalton, mlankhorst: what sort of issue is the current version having?08:56
mlankhorstsince it's a graphics driver I'm guessing one of the following 3: crashes, corruptions, or lockups08:56
tjaaltonlike it depended on some kernel fixes..08:56
tjaaltonwhich is bad08:56
seb128hum, ok, I guess upstream is aware of it? do they have plan to fix that?08:57
seb128or do we need our kernel to include patches?08:57
tjaaltonwell it's kinda hearsay, although from another intel dev :)08:57
tjaaltonrunning 3.908:58
tjaaltonso maybe if this one works good on 3.10 we could push it to saucy08:58
seb128tjaalton, do you have any xorg.conf workaround for those corruption issues?08:59
tjaaltoni don't09:00
seb128oh, I don't have the xorg.conf with uxa set anymore09:00
seb128let me try to put that back09:00
tjaaltonright, uxa might work09:00
seb128brb, restarting (need to restart xorg and since new kernel, I can as well reboot)09:00
seb128tjaalton, looks good with uxa again for me, I'm happy ;-)09:06
seb128the corruption was driving me crazy09:06
tjaaltonseb128: ok, you'll notice when there's an update to test again :)09:06
seb128we should perhaps default to uxa if we can't update the driver?09:06
seb128or force the workaround define in the code09:07
tjaaltonwhich hw did you have?09:07
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1189850 in xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu) "saucy has frequent image corruption (intel, sna)" [High,Fix committed]09:07
seb128that has the apport details09:07
Laneymlankhorst: oh hey: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ :D!09:07
tjaaltonyeah, gen509:07
tjaaltonthe current one should work fine on non-gen5 I guess09:08
tjaaltonat least on my gen6 sandybridge09:08
tjaaltonand gen4 laptop09:08
mlankhorstLaney: awesome \o/09:09
mlankhorstnow lets hope I never have to worry about pand aagani09:09
Laneymlankhorst: check the .manifest file and see if it seems right please09:09
tjaaltonseb128: apparently 2.21.12 works fine on 3.1009:09
tjaaltonbut let's get some testing first on the ppa09:10
LaneyI need to upload livecd-rootfs again to do the same thing for kubuntu09:10
mlankhorstLaney: looks ok to me09:10
seb128tjaalton, thanks09:10
Laneymy panda is still on quantal09:11
Laneymaybe should upgrade it one day :P09:11
mlankhorstmine's still on precise atm09:11
mlankhorstbut I can change it to raring by overwriting the first 100 mb on the sd card09:11
mlankhorsthm, I guess I could try if it actually boots or not..09:13
Laneymight be useful09:13
Laneynot sure I want to know though :P09:13
mlankhorstah indeed, that is the real question..09:13
Laneybut at least we know how to add extra packages if necessary ...09:14
mlankhorstyou know what, I'm going to try..09:17
Laneyyou da man09:17
=== vrruiz_ is now known as rvr
sil2100didrocks: interesting thing09:26
sil2100didrocks: the media stack -09:26
didrockssil2100: I read #ubuntu-touch :p09:27
sil2100Could it be that something wrong is happening with the prepare jobs?09:27
didrocksoh, not that one?09:27
didrockslet me look09:27
didrockssil2100: hum, what do you see in the prepare jobs?09:27
sil2100didrocks: since, what I mean:09:28
sil2100didrocks: both the check and build jobs are waiting for 2.9.1+13.10.20130717-0ubuntu1, which is the correct thing to wait for09:29
sil2100didrocks: of camera-app09:29
sil2100didrocks: but the prepare job seems not to have pushed the camera-app to the PPA properly, as 2.9.1+13.10.20130717-0ubuntu1 is not there (there's only 20130708 or something)09:30
sil2100didrocks: it says Successfully uploaded packages., but maybe it got rejected?09:30
didrocksit says nothing?09:30
sil2100didrocks: this was for foo09:31
didrocksah :)09:31
didrockssil2100: I was starting scratching my head :p09:31
didrocksyeah, so dput worked09:31
sil2100Since I wanted to re-run the stack, since I thought that maybe camera-app failed to build but someone restarted it in the PPA and it suddenly worked09:31
sil2100But then I noticed the version number is wrong (it's old)09:31
sil2100So hm, maybe a reject?09:31
didrockssil2100: we receive normally a LP email by reject09:32
didrockssil2100: but maybe a transiant launchpad issue which ignored that one09:32
didrocksbut yeah, weird, we don't have it in the ppa09:32
didrockssil2100: so, maybe try to rebuild it?09:32
sil2100didrocks: you mean, rebuild the stack with camera-app?09:33
didrockssil2100: yeah, it should retrigger an upload09:34
didrockssil2100: successfully this time, let's hope :p09:35
didrockssil2100: btw, nice opinion on not publishing sdk until we figure out what's wrong :p09:39
sil2100;p But I think I'll have to look into that AP problem myself, since gusch is not too eager to take a look ;)09:42
sil2100Well, maybe I should poke om26er09:42
sil2100om26er: ping!09:42
om26ersil2100, pong09:42
sil2100om26er: helllooo09:42
sil2100om26er: we're having a gallery-app AP failure that's a bit irritating, you think you could help out?09:42
om26ersil2100, yeah, sure. point me at the failures09:43
sil2100om26er: <- it's just a single failure09:43
sil2100For both machines it happens09:43
sil2100om26er: thanks!09:44
darkxstseb128, hi09:47
seb128darkxst, hey09:55
darkxstseb128, any further thoughts on what will happen with g-c-c for this cycle?09:56
sil2100I jump out now for some quick exercise, didn't have any this week!09:56
didrockshow waow10:04
* didrocks sees force_release already in code!10:04
didrocksindeed, I've prepared for differente source of force_release, excellent! :)10:04
darkxstseb128, we really 3.8 this cycle10:08
seb128darkxst, hey10:09
seb128darkxst, lack a word, "want"?10:09
seb128darkxst, though: that's work and we are busy and with other priorities, one step at time10:09
seb128darkxst, next step is ibus 1.510:09
seb128then we can look at g-s-d10:09
seb128then we can look at g-c-c10:09
seb128darkxst, by "we" I guess you mean Ubuntu GNOME? And you "need" it because you decided you want the current version, rather than because we have flaws in the current one, right?10:10
darkxstseb128, yes and we need it because there is quite some stuff that can't be configured using 3.610:11
darkxstcontrol of notifications per-app, privacy settings10:12
seb128we never had that and Ubuntu is still usable10:12
seb128they are "nice to have", not things "needed"10:13
seb128but yeah, updating would be "nice" ;-=)10:13
darkxstubuntu has its own privacy panel10:13
darkxstbut that is 99% useless in gnome-shell10:13
mlankhorstseb128: uploaded, enjoy :P10:15
mlankhorst(to x-staging)10:15
seb128mlankhorst, thanks10:15
seb128darkxst, right, but GNOME up to 3.6 didn't have that feature and I bet it neither stopped you to use gnome-shell or made you call GNOME 3.6 not usable10:15
seb128darkxst, e.g those are "nice to have" but users have been doing fine without those features for a decade10:16
seb128darkxst, well, anyway I agree the update would be nice, I just put in perspective how much we *need* to update10:17
darkxstwell right, but in that case there are plenty of other "nice to have"s as well10:19
seb128there is always10:20
seb128the fact that GNOME is outdated doesn't stop people to use RHEL6 or Ubuntu LTS or Debian stable10:20
seb128but let's stop arguing on details, that's not useful10:21
seb128next steps are:10:21
seb128- get ibus 1.5 in10:21
darkxstand besides I have already fixed the main blockers, but if it gets left too late, no guarantee I will be able to get it done in time10:21
seb128- then look at updating g-s-d10:21
seb128- then look at g-c-c10:21
seb128my gut feeling is that g-c-c 3.8 is not likely to be for this cycle10:21
seb128we might want to look at making a g-c-c-gnome and a g-c-c-unity to unblock you guys10:22
seb128with both conflicting10:22
darkxstright that would be good10:24
=== Sweetsha1k is now known as Sweetshark
didrocksseb128: sil2100: jibel: https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/cupstream2distro-config/support-manual-rebuild-and-mir/+merge/17524710:42
didrocksthe change in cupstream2distro is deployed already: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cupstream2distro-maintainers/cupstream2distro/trunk/revision/34910:43
mlankhorstLaney:  gasp, xorg started, but the pvr-omap4 module was not installed in /usr/lib/xorg/drivers11:00
Laneythe package is installed though11:01
Laneyis that the bug we saw before?11:01
mlankhorstoh found out why11:02
mlankhorstlibhybris-egl has equal priority to provide armhf yadda yadda egl11:02
mlankhorstso that priority needs to be bumped from 1000 to something higher11:02
Laneygo go go11:03
mlankhorstor libhybris needs to be removed :P11:03
mlankhorsthttp://paste.debian.net/16518/ debdiff, I don't think pvr-omap4 is part of the xorg group11:06
Laneycan we drop those explicit xorg deps now?11:07
Laneyactually I'd rather not mess with this beast11:08
mlankhorstand not really, unless you want to create /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers yourself11:08
* Laney tries his new sbuild/armhf on amd64 chroot out11:11
didrocksseb128: sil2100: jibel: once you will have reviewed the other one, there is as well https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/cupstream2distro-config/skip-version-check/+merge/175253 (mostly to make seb128 happy ;))11:17
didrockscorrespondant change in cupstream2distro is http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cupstream2distro-maintainers/cupstream2distro/trunk/revision/35111:17
sil2100didrocks: reviewing both!11:23
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
seb128sil2100, thanks for reviewing those ;-)11:32
sil2100didrocks: what's with that mirslave stack ;p?11:44
sil2100I mean, the name ;)11:44
didrockssil2100: it should be explained in the comment, is it nor clear enough? :)11:44
didrockssil2100: basically mir deps11:44
sil2100It's clear clear ;)11:45
didrocksthere is unity-system-compositor for now11:45
didrockswe'll have unity-mir soon :)11:45
didrockssil2100: btw, once you will have finish with media/sdk and platform, do you want to clean unity-mir source?11:45
didrockssil2100: so that we can have it as well under dailies :)11:45
didrocks(grabbing karma for upload rights :p)11:46
sil2100didrocks: sure ;) But that will have to wait after-luch!11:47
didrockssil2100: sure sure ;)11:47
* didrocks needs to take the only break of the day as well anyway :p11:48
=== jdstrand_ is now known as jdstrand
desrtcyphermox_: hey12:29
desrtcyphermox_: the network indicator is a bit of of a mess :(12:30
desrtthe service, i mean12:30
desrti found a new bugs in it, including a crasher.... and fixed the crasher and it doesn't crash for me anymore12:30
desrtbut it wasn't the same crasher you had a backtrace for12:30
desrt*a few bugs12:31
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
mlankhorstLaney: updating pvr-omap4 and restarting ubiquity worked12:49
Laneytry a kubuntu one tomorrow :P12:49
* mlankhorst gives laney the evil eye12:49
ricotzdesrt, Laney, hi :), jfyi, the new dbus-appinfo test hangs in a buildd/pbuilder12:54
ricotz(just relevant for glib 2.37.5+)12:55
desrtricotz: interesting.  do you have any further info?12:55
ricotzdesrt, sorry no12:55
* desrt wonders what the deal with his internet is this morning13:00
kenvandinedidrocks, i found a weird error from otto in the media stack autopilot tests13:09
kenvandineE: Too many packages installed. Exiting13:09
kenvandineW: Shutdown requested!13:09
desrtcyphermox_: let me know when you're awake13:09
seb128Laney, can you explain your sound.split('/').pop() ?13:10
seb128Laney, you don't want to just accept my version and mp yours over? ;-)13:12
seb128Laney, it would avoid me to have to rebase my 2 others branches that I already submitted (the scrolling on and the silent warning one), your change would create conflict13:12
seb128Laney, your version is also buggy and I'm not sure where to comment about the bug13:13
Laneyhow about telling me what it is13:13
seb128Laney, you .shift() truncated the filename after the first "." not after the last one13:13
seb128e.g "one.sound.ogg" is displayed as "one"13:14
seb128where my version display it as "one sound"13:14
didrockskenvandine: how weird this is?13:14
seb128Laney, I'm not sure why you split on "/", none of those files have a "/" in their filename13:14
LaneyTo make it work for full paths too, if that happens13:15
seb128oh, ok13:15
didrockskenvandine: that's how it's supposed to work ;)13:15
kenvandinedidrocks, why does it complain that it installed too many packages?13:16
kenvandineis that really a comparison?13:16
kenvandineshowing new deps?13:16
seb128Laney, so you want me to merge your version and rebase my 2 other branches I guess?13:16
Laneyseb128: I don't really mind, but on principle it's not great if you can't do changes to a branch because others are already stacked on it13:16
seb128that's going to teach me to stack work on top of unapproved merge requests :p13:16
didrockskenvandine: that's what the package list is for13:17
Laneylet me think of a cool one-line way to fix that thing13:17
didrockskenvandine: only installing what we need13:17
seb128Laney, rebasing is easy, let's do it the proper way13:17
kenvandineoh.... i see!13:17
didrockskenvandine: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DailyRelease/StackDependencies#Running_integration_tests_in_isolation13:17
kenvandinei was confused from it being in the otto-setup.log13:17
didrocksthis is to ensure that ^13:17
kenvandinei thought that would have been more of a test failure13:18
didrockskenvandine: you have the summary.log in the end13:18
seb128Laney, well, you can replace .push() by .slice(0,-1).join(" ") (what my version is doing)13:18
didrocksshowing that package installation: FAILED13:18
didrockskenvandine: so I guess the list had to be refreshed to rerun the tests13:18
seb128Laney, is that fine if I merge yours with that change?13:18
seb128well merge in my branch and resubmit13:18
didrockskenvandine: my goal at some point is to not block on that, but make the publication manual13:18
* seb128 does that13:18
didrockskenvandine: telling "warning warning, maybe there is a soname change and we need to publish X and Y"13:19
kenvandinedidrocks, understand now13:19
kenvandinei thought it was more of a failure of building the chroot13:19
kenvandinemakes sense now13:19
Laneyseb128: ok, sounds fine13:19
didrockskenvandine: you can now really trust when the otto job is red :)13:20
didrockskenvandine: but yeah, at some point, the goal is red == infrastructure issue13:20
didrocks(once we have the dashboard)13:20
didrocksso that we don't have to wonder13:20
seb128Laney, new diff on https://code.launchpad.net/~seb128/ubuntu-system-settings/sound-display-names/+merge/17525013:26
seb128Laney, let me know if it's ok, so I can rebase my other branches ;-)13:26
desrtg'morning Laney, seb128, didrocks, kenvandine13:27
Laneygood day desrt!13:27
kenvandinegood morning desrt!13:27
didrockshey desrt! how are you?13:28
Laneyit's a mere 28° today13:28
seb128Laney, thanks ;-)13:28
seb128desrt, hey, how are you?13:28
desrtdidrocks: pre-coffee yet.  but improving quickly :)13:28
desrtit both feels like it should be thursday and tuesday today13:28
desrtbut definitely not wednesday13:29
desrti guess they decided on a compromise13:29
LaneyI'm going to voice my discontent at this compromise by eating a delicious lunch13:30
mlankhorstdoes anyone here have a working unity?13:30
desrtLaney: occupy tastebuds!13:30
desrtmlankhorst: uhm... i do?13:30
desrtwhat does 'working' mean? :)13:30
mlankhorstactually having panels shown13:31
desrtya... but i haven't done an upgrade in a little while13:31
mlankhorstnone of the machines running saucy work for me, it seems13:31
desrtapparently they flipped the mir switch recently13:31
desrtmay have something to do with it13:31
desrti like attente was having problems yesterday13:31
mlankhorstI'm running plain Xorg13:31
mlankhorsthm running unity as root works13:35
mlankhorstI guess nvidia-tegra needs some permissions13:36
jbichaseb128: attente: I was thinking for ibus autostart that we add a switch in g-c-c that controls a new gsettings key so that we can autostart/stop ibus based on the key changing instead of an env var14:36
seb128jbicha, that shouldn't be needed14:37
seb128we should just make g-c-c set that key when there is > layout or im14:37
seb128what's the point of having an ui control?14:37
jbichag-c-c doesn't show ibus layouts in the add layout dialog without ibus-daemon running14:38
seb128ok, so why would you want to not start ibus if it's needed?14:38
seb128or g-c-c should start it...14:38
jbichaso g-c-c should start it but then kill it again if an ibus method isn't activated?14:39
seb128or we decide ibus is a service that should run for everyone14:40
seb128is ibus needed for e.g an american user with a qwerty keyboard who is never going to use another layout or im?14:40
jbichano, the American doesn't need it; AFAIK ibus is generally only needed for east Asian languages14:41
seb128well, it's also used for keyboard layouts nowadays it seems14:43
seb128which seems to be confirmed by what you just wrote14:43
attentewe're not using it for layouts though, we still fall back onto xkbd for ordinary layouts14:44
jbichayeah as long as I don't actually need an ibus method, I have no problem adding, removing or switching between keyboard layouts without ibus-daemon running14:46
jbichaand ibus-daemon does take up several MB of RAM14:47
seb128jbicha, attente: to me it feels like we should activate ibus if the keyboard config requires it and we should make g-c-c start it to allow configuring those14:47
seb128so a normal user with 1 layout wouldn't have it running14:48
attenteg-c-c seems to already hard-code ibus engine names into it14:48
attentei wonder if we might as well hard-code things like the engine's display name, and only start the daemon if one is added14:49
jbichaattente: I believe the ibus engine whitelist was removed in 3.8 https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/commit/?id=c87d5814:51
attentebecause i guess we can avoid needing ibus-daemon if all we want to do is modify the list of engines used14:51
sil2100didrocks: when I'm creating a private library, should I provide a pkg-config file for it as well? Is it necessary or welcome?14:52
sil2100didrocks: and point me to where I can clean-up anything ;)14:53
didrockssil2100: hum, you shouldn't need a .pc file14:53
didrockssil2100: as it's private, nobody will need to link against it outside your project14:53
sil2100didrocks: since I saw the unity private bits have a .pc file exported ;p14:54
sil2100didrocks: ok then!14:55
didrockssil2100: hum, I think it's for "private plugins"14:55
didrockssil2100: you are cleaning unity-mir?14:56
mlankhorstsome more digging.. best explanation seems to be that gnome-session is not actually starting anything15:03
mlankhorstgnome-session-check-accelerated-helper fails on arm..15:15
mlankhorstLaney: ^ feel like fixing panda some more? :X15:15
mlankhorstif I replace gnome-session-check-accelerated-helper with /bin/true my tegra uses compiz correctly, I think panda will suffer from the same issue because it lacks libGL acceleration too, only EGL works..15:17
mlankhorstand if gnome-session-check-accelerated-helper fails, no unity gets spawned at all :/15:18
jbichaI didn't think anything used check-accelerated-helper any more15:19
mlankhorstwell gnome-session uses it..15:21
mlankhorstcheck_gl() in main.c15:24
mlankhorst        if (gl_failed) {15:25
mlankhorst                gsm_fail_whale_dialog_we_failed (FALSE, TRUE, NULL);15:25
mlankhorst                gtk_main ();15:25
mlankhorst                exit (1);15:25
mlankhorst        }15:25
jbichaoh and you don't have llvmpipe on arm, right?15:30
desrtseb128: accountsservice patches landing upstream today15:31
mlankhorstjbicha: there is acceleration, but it's handled through EGL15:31
desrtseb128: are there any other patches that we carry that we could drop for favour of using the new extensions framework?15:31
seb128desrt, great15:32
desrtstuff like background image, for example...15:32
seb128desrt, I guess so, background, keyboard layout, available messages15:32
desrti agree with background and messages15:32
desrtkeyboard layout, i think stef has plans15:32
seb128ok, that works for me as well ;-)15:33
desrtis there anyone to do this work?15:33
desrt(i firmly believe that dropping patches it always worth the effort)15:33
seb128desrt, do you want to do it? otherwise I don't think anyone has spare cycle to rewrite stuff that work atm15:34
desrti don't want to do it, no :p15:34
desrtlet's let it sit until you update accountsservice again and watch the patches break :p15:34
seb128ok, I will keep on my "would be nice to get done" list and dispatch as appropriate15:34
* didrocks sees an i386 package waiting for an hours being "starting in 1 minute" :/15:34
didrocksfrustrating when waiting on this…15:35
seb128but that's likely to come after new ibus and g-s-d landing15:35
Laneyprivate job land15:35
didrocksLaney: yeah, seeing that, would be great to have quotas :p15:35
LaneyI blame chrisccoulson!15:35
seb128didrocks, yeah, all the builders are busy on private builds it seems15:35
seb128well one is not, but it's building openjdk15:36
mlankhorstanyway so I finally have my tegra working on saucy, then :P15:38
LaneyI look forward to your patch15:39
Laneys/I look/upstream looks/? :-)15:39
desrtseb128: sounds like it'll be a while before the next release, in fact15:41
mlankhorstmy fix is just commenting out that bullshit..15:42
mlankhorstI don't think upstream likes that15:42
desrtthe vendor extension patches depend on an unstable glib, so they want to wait for the stable release before having a new accountsservice15:42
seb128oh ok15:42
seb128desrt, that makes sense15:42
desrtseb128: we have all of the good stuff vendor-patched in already anyway :p15:43
seb128yeah, the vendor stuff and the sane way to list users15:43
seb128so no really need of a new tarball atm15:43
desrti'm trying to get the user heuristic stuff landed now15:43
desrthalfline says it looks good but doesn't have time to land it15:44
desrtbut maybe soon15:44
mlankhorstis it really worth fixing this crap though? :S15:44
desrtmlankhorst: i think so... the work we're doing here is slated for inclusion in sssd, which we'll be using one day15:45
desrtand sssd is 'future' enough that we're going to be using accountsservice another year or two, i bet15:46
mlankhorstmy 'fix' is #ifndef __arm__ do the check_gl stuff..15:47
Laneywhy don't you discuss why you think it's "crap" and "bullshit" with them?15:47
mlankhorstit's not as bad upstream because they have the fail whale at least :P15:49
mlankhorstbut that one was harpooned in ubuntu15:51
didrocksgrrr builders builders builders16:02
didrocksLaney: do we have any estimate on when chrisccoulson will stop annoying us? :p16:02
didrocks(is it an hour or multiple hours? ;))16:02
chrisccoulsonit's not me16:02
LaneyI can't see the builds :P16:02
LaneyI just made a malicious guess16:02
didrockschrisccoulson: private builds, it's you obviously!16:02
sil2100didrocks: just to be 100% sure, we can safely now switch to arch: any because of our nasty powerpc dodges? ;)16:03
didrockssil2100: right right right :)16:03
didrockschrisccoulson: we still like you, no need to lie! :)16:03
sil2100didrocks: hmmm, do you think this is correct? Tis my first time with a private library:16:26
sil2100I hope I did the right thing to set RPATH for sensor plugin16:27
didrockssil2100: ah, it's not unity-mir, I though it was that one :p16:27
sil2100didrocks: sooo, what should I clean up :) ?16:27
didrockssil2100: hum, it the package building? as you didn't change the path16:28
sil2100It's building alright, as it uses local path16:28
didrockssil2100: target.path is about RPATH?16:28
kgunnmlankhorst: ping16:28
didrockssil2100: not sure what is using the RPATH in fact :)16:29
sil2100didrocks: so, I install now the lib in a private directory16:29
didrocksah, there is only one package, hence why you didn't change any .install16:29
sil2100didrocks: sensors plugin when building, it uses -L../lib/, so during building it fetches the lib from the build dir16:29
didrockssil2100: right16:29
sil2100didrocks: but then, later, so that it finds the lib, I used RPATH - not sure if that's correct?16:30
didrockssil2100: sensors plugin are using qtubuntu-sensors?16:30
didrocksor they are part of the same package?16:30
sil2100didrocks: part of the same package16:30
sil2100didrocks: qtubuntu-sensors installs both the lib and the plugin16:31
sil2100didrocks: and the plugin uses the lib16:31
didrockssil2100: ok, so that sounds good to me, but I would like to build the package to ensure :)16:31
didrockssil2100: /usr/include/ubuntu-1/application/sensors/accelerometer.h:22:27: fatal error: ubuntu/status.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type16:31
didrocks #include <ubuntu/status.h>16:31
didrocksand I cant' before of include ubuntu/ instead of ubuntu-1?16:31
sil2100didrocks: yeah, this is a problem with the platform-api I had16:31
didrocks(should this be versioned btw?16:31
sil2100didrocks: since hm, my platform-api packages install headers to ubuntu-1, while even the inners of platform-api headers reference ubuntu/ instead ;/16:32
sil2100I have to poke upstream about that16:32
didrockssil2100: we should get that cleaned I guess16:32
didrockssil2100: yes please :)16:32
sil2100Since something is clearly br0ken16:32
didrockssil2100: otherwise, on principle, I +116:32
didrocksbut I want to build the package first :)16:32
mlankhorstkgunn: pong, but I'm gone soon and might not be tback till monday16:40
kgunnmlankhorst: robotfuel had logged a bug here https://bugs.launchpad.net/xmir/+bug/1201565, could you possibly help suggest to just get the info that RAOF would like...need a x expert:)16:43
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1201565 in XMir "unity doesn't run in xmir session " [Critical,Triaged]16:43
kgunnwe got the /var/logs/ & glxinfo....16:43
kgunnanything else you can think16:43
mlankhorstand just assign it to me for now so I won't forget16:43
kgunnok....we'll try to make progress in the meantime16:44
kgunnmlankhorst: any suggestions....we can do the digging16:44
kenvandinehas anyone looked at the packaging changes that blocked publishing of the SDK stack?16:45
kenvandinedidrocks, sil2100: ^^16:45
sil2100kenvandine: stopp!16:45
mlankhorstoh fun race conditions..16:45
sil2100kenvandine: no publishing for now16:45
kenvandinethat's what i was wondering :)16:45
sil2100kenvandine: we did not publish anything because SDK caused a small regression that broke gallery-app's AP test16:46
mlankhorstkgunn: well if it's a race condition I can't give any help without trying to reproduce it locally here..16:46
kenvandineok, it's holding back media and friends16:46
sil2100kenvandine: so I'm holding it before Florian and his team fix it16:46
kenvandinebut i think it's ok to publish those without sdk16:46
sil2100kenvandine: I know, it's in the works probably now16:46
kgunnmlankhorst: thanks16:47
sil2100I guess...16:47
sil2100Those don't use SDK, so indeed16:47
kenvandinefriends-app does16:47
sil2100I meant, the new SDK ;p16:47
* mlankhorst gone16:47
kenvandinebut i need that published to fix a bug introduced by the SDK16:47
kenvandineyeah ;)16:47
sil2100kenvandine: maybe poke seb128 and didrocks about packaging changes and publish :)16:48
sil2100I tried to halt until all was known what's up and such16:48
sil2100didrocks: ^?16:48
sil2100didrocks: you think we should hold those stacks down?16:48
didrockssil2100: we completely should16:48
didrockssil2100: kenvandine doesn't need us to review, he has upload rights :p16:48
kenvandinei don't see anything in the sdk stack that would cause a problem with the current pending changes in the friends stack16:49
kenvandineit should be safe16:49
kenvandinei'm less confident with the media stack16:50
kenvandinei'll force publishing friends so we get the fix for the header issue16:50
Laneyseb128: I'm thinking I might start looking at Time & Date, OK?16:56
LaneyOK, let me know - I'll be back later/tomorrow17:02
didrockssee you Laney17:05
didrocksFINALLY: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-unity/+archive/daily-build-next/+build/480206017:08
sil2100didrocks: ok, deadline is nearing, and I'm currently blocked on the platform-api issue to have the task cleared, oh noes!17:25
didrockssil2100: well, you have other tasks like the cleaning new, and unity-mir, so not stuck ;)17:25
sil2100I will be beheaded!17:25
sil2100I know, but I said it's a DEADline17:25
didrocksas long as you work on something else, no worry :)17:26
sil2100Let's gently move it to tomorrow, without anyone noticint!17:26
* didrocks waves good evening17:47
seb128Laney, date&time: fine with me, check with larsu though, I think it's one of those that should re-use the menumodel from the indicator (though I'm not sure to understand how that works exactly/we still don't have example)18:01
seb128Laney, doing the UI in qml is simple enough that I'm not sure the model stuff is a win for the UI, it would be good to be able to trigger the actions this way tough18:02
=== VD is now known as Guest56323
=== racarr is now known as racarr|lunch
=== Guest99716 is now known as balloons_
=== racarr|lunch is now known as racarr

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!