RAOFpopey: That option presumably got dropped in the latest kernel.00:42
Sarvattpopey: you need a 3.10.0-5 kernel01:01
Sarvattor just boot the -3 one01:01
Sarvattjust duped it to the main bug with -4, module option wasn't removed01:03
Sarvattoptionally just removing the explicit module options you don't need because they are defaulted on works :)01:04
Sarvattsemaphores=0 is a 3.8 kernel workaround for 13.0401:20
popeySarvatt: removed, much happier now, thanks01:31
pittiBonjour tout le monde !04:47
thumperhi pitti04:47
seb128good morning desktopers07:47
rickspencer3good morning seb12807:47
pittihey rickspencer307:50
pittibonjour seb12807:50
seb128hey rickspencer3 pitti07:50
rickspencer3hey pitti07:50
didrockshey seb128, rickspencer3, pitti!07:54
seb128didrocks, salut ;-)07:54
pittibonjour didrocks, ça va ?07:54
didrocksfires from the morning are finally dealt, phew! \o/07:54
didrockspitti: better now ;) et toi?07:54
* didrocks shakes fist at lightdm07:54
pittididrocks: je vais bien, merci07:55
seb128didrocks, what was the issue with lightdm?07:57
didrocksseb128: the test image was refreshed yesterday with the lightdm version which was buggy07:58
seb128oh ok07:58
didrockssil2100 tried yesterday to run manually some stacks, but he seems he didn't went to the end07:58
seb128I though the fix was maybe not working07:58
didrocksand so, this night, with the same image, all dailies stuck07:59
didrocksbecause lightdm not starting07:59
didrocksso tests were waiting the 2H threshold before timing out07:59
didrockshad to blacklist the image07:59
didrocksand rerun the tests07:59
didrocksbut everything is now delivered :)07:59
didrocks(some still waiting manual publishing by sil2100)07:59
didrocksseb128: I really think lightdm should have minimal tests07:59
didrocks(integration tests)07:59
larsudidrocks saves the day!08:00
didrocksahah, hey larsu!08:00
seb128didrocks, lightdm has quite some tests, no integration ones though indeed ...08:00
seb128not sure that would have caught that one08:01
didrocksseb128: we clearly see that integration tests are important :)08:01
didrockswell, if we can't log in automatically08:01
didrocksit would have caught it :p08:01
seb128yeah, I've no idea how you test that sort of thing08:01
didrocks(even just putting it under dailies, that particular case would have been caught)08:01
seb128e.g how you figure "log in worked fine"08:01
* sil2100 sees some progress so starts publishing08:01
didrocksseb128: quite easily, have an autopilot in session, changing the config08:01
didrocksand then restart lightdm08:02
didrockswhen back, mark the test as passing08:02
sil2100didrocks: <- seems ok08:02
seb128how you determine if you are back?08:02
seb128screenshot of the background?08:02
didrocksseb128: autopilot restarts in the session08:02
seb128running process?08:02
didrocksso you are in the session08:02
didrocks(and you can as well monitor process)08:02
didrocksas you told08:02
seb128yeah, it would be worth having08:03
seb128though there is a chance it wouldn't have be enough to stop that one08:03
Laneygood morning!08:03
seb128lightdm was working for most people08:03
didrocksseb128: it would for that one, all our tests failed :p08:03
didrocksso it's our main case here ;)08:03
seb128you got lucky/unlucky08:03
seb128it's funny that your test machine hit it so often08:03
didrocks(I would be more worried about the other, the one with "typing needed"08:03
didrocksseb128: "so often"?08:03
didrocksit's like 100%08:04
seb128it was depending on unitialized memory state08:04
didrocksmaybe triggered more with autologin?08:04
seb128didrocks, most people didn't hit the issue in saucy08:04
seb128and those who did said it was happening likely every second reboot to them08:04
didrocksit's a 100% strike here, on both configs ;)08:04
seb128yeah, that's why I say you are lucky (or unlucky)08:04
didrocksok, I was thinking it was something that happened only on autologin08:05
didrockssil2100: a Laney's change! Hum, let me think about it :p08:05
didrockssil2100: ok ok, +1 ;)08:05
seb128Laney, good morning08:05
Laneyhow's it going?08:06
didrocksLaney: hey! ;)08:06
seb128good! you?08:06
Laneythe third storm since last night 10pm just started08:06
didrockshum, ken still didn't ask to create the think client view :p08:06
seb128Laney, lucky you, we had some start of storm yesterday evening but it barely rained08:07
Laneygot woken up for half an hour at 5.30am :P08:07
czajkowskibah no rain here :) we had a small heavy shower yesterday in the middle of chasing hens in the garden but back to dry heat again :-D08:08
Laneyyou'll get your punishment soon enough!08:08
czajkowskiLaney: hush you or I'll set my hens on you08:09
darkxsthey Laney, seb128, didrocks !08:09
seb128hey darkxst08:09
didrockshey darkxst, czajkowski! :)08:09
czajkowskiello didrocks08:09
czajkowskihttp://exastack.com/webcam/  Laney you can see the new hens :)08:09
seb128darkxst, jbicha: that gtk upload has better having no bug, just saying ;-)08:10
seb128darkxst, jbicha: the fact that you uploaded a version that failed to build on broken symbols suggest you don't even test build it08:11
seb128which is pretty baffling for a gtk update08:11
darkxstseb128, I tested it, but missed the symbols file in the bzr commit08:11
darkxstI have a patch against empathy also, that would really like to get in for alpha208:15
seb128try pinging pitti, he's patch piloting according to #ubuntu-devel08:19
pittidarkxst: queueing08:21
pittiFWIW, I'm patch piloting on every channel :)08:21
Laneyseb128: hah, I found out my shell was forcing $TZ=Europe/London so s-s was always being launched with that overridden08:28
Laneyit mostly works if I remove that :P08:28
=== ara is now known as Guest55554
seb128Laney, how come your shell forces a tz? was that a custom hack of yours?08:30
Laneysome ancient thing in my .zshrc08:30
LaneyI don't even remember why08:30
didrockssil2100: did you confirm for the webcred stack?08:30
didrockssil2100: I can help you if needed :)08:31
didrockssil2100: then, QA tests failed, I think you saw that ;)08:31
didrocks(fortunately, doesn't seem to have impacts on the other tests for apps and so on)08:31
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone08:32
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
Laneyhi chrisccoulson08:32
chrisccoulsonhi Laney, how are you?08:32
Laneyare you in stormland too?08:32
Laneypreeeeeeetty good08:32
chrisccoulsonLaney, sort of. it's pretty lame here - the lightning is quite far away and there hasn't really been that much08:33
seb128chrisccoulson, good morning08:33
chrisccoulsoni was hoping for more08:33
didrockshey chrisccoulson08:33
Laneywe've had loads08:33
chrisccoulsoni've been stood at the door with my daughters all morning watching it08:33
seb128chrisccoulson, how are you?08:33
chrisccoulsonwe've had a lot of rain08:33
sil2100didrocks: I saw the QA failure, I shall poketh peoplez with a bugeth08:33
chrisccoulsonhi seb128, i'm good thanks. although, a bit tired from my 4am start. how are you?08:33
seb128chrisccoulson,  rain \o/08:33
chrisccoulsonhi didrocks08:33
didrockssil2100: thanks, and on webcreds? ;)08:33
seb128chrisccoulson, I'm good thanks08:33
sil2100didrocks: I'm checking the webcred things and it seems to install the right stuff08:33
Laneyone peal of thunder at 5.30 this morning lasted for 30 seconds solid08:33
seb128chrisccoulson, did you stay up all night celebrating the royal baby? ;-)08:34
Laney<1s from the lightning08:34
didrockssil2100: ok, do you mind after acking it then to do a followup MP to remove the undeeded rm <>.la then?08:34
sil2100It looks like -X .ble and -X.ble works the same08:34
sil2100didrocks: ACK ;)08:34
didrockssil2100: and remove that extra space, just like to stay coherent!08:34
didrockssil2100: thanks!08:34
chrisccoulsonseb128, lol, not you as well. i'm quite tired of hearing about the lizard baby already ;)08:34
seb128"the lizard baby"08:34
Laneyseb128 has already purchased the commemorative china08:34
seb128damn, Laney found that out08:35
RAOFchrisccoulson: May it's carapace grow hard, allowing it to devour its enemies!08:35
RAOFArse. Apostrophe!08:35
chrisccoulsonooh, the rain has just picked up again08:41
chrisccoulsonit's amazing how many people are driving around this morning without any lights ojn08:42
sil2100didrocks: should I touch MIR or still a big no no ;) ?08:43
didrockssil2100: no, until they don't ensure ABI, robert_ancell will be responsible for it08:44
didrockssil2100: so, we are a month free I guess ;)08:44
didrocks(other issues on Mir, but something else to deal with :p)08:44
darkxstchrisccoulson, hey, anything you can do to get mozjs17 into the archives?08:51
rickspencer3seb128, so, I just did a dist-upgrade09:00
rickspencer3I get no wireless with the new kernel09:00
rickspencer3and when I reboot, I get prompted for a password because another user is running09:01
seb128is that a one time thing or is the kernel buggy on your hardware?09:01
rickspencer3seb128, I rebooted 3 times, same effect each time09:01
rickspencer3seb128, rebooting into the previous kernel, it works fine09:01
rickspencer3seb128, the Network indicator doesn't seem to see the wireless09:02
seb128rickspencer3, seems like a broken wireless driver in the kernel then ... did you try booting the previous kernel to see if that fixes it (that would confirm the problem is coming from the kernel update)09:03
rickspencer3seb128, right, like I say, in the previous kernel it works fine09:03
rickspencer3that's what I am using right now ;)09:03
seb128you should probably ping the kernel team about it...09:04
rickspencer3ok, I'll log a bug09:04
rickspencer3I thought you might want to be aware, though09:04
rickspencer3I don't think I have exotic hardware or anything09:04
sil2100veebers: hi!09:11
sil2100veebers: just in case you're still up by some quantum mechanics -> LP: #120403109:11
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1204031 in Autopilot "Autopilot autopilot test failures" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/120403109:11
didrockssil2100: we can relaunch unity checks now if you wish09:12
didrockssil2100: I'll let you handling that?09:12
sil2100didrocks: acknowledged09:12
didrockssil2100: you can stop the current build monitoring (or even restart the powerpc failing first ;))09:13
didrocksand relaunch as it will refind the same state09:13
sil2100didrocks: well, it'll be failing still... Brandon was supposed to take a look at that, but he sent me an e-mail that he couldn't find the root cause ;/09:14
didrockssil2100: ask to bregma then? :)09:14
sil2100didrocks: I guess Trevinho might help as well09:14
didrocksand an ETA09:14
sil2100Will do09:14
didrocks2 weeks and half without being able to release unity is an issue IMHO09:14
sil2100Restarting in the meantime; p09:14
sil2100didrocks: yes, we've been depressing ourselves about that already with Michal yesterday!09:14
seb128pitti, did I do the mistake to put my hand on curl? :p09:37
pittiseb128: apparently so :)09:46
=== vrruiz_ is now known as rvr
pittiah, so FJKong isn't here yet09:47
rickspencer3pitti, so I ran ubuntu-bug linux09:49
rickspencer3and got an error that it wasn't an official package09:49
rickspencer3while I appreciate focus, I would think we would want to continue to support a kernel09:50
pittirickspencer3: what does uname -r say for you?09:50
pittirickspencer3: ah, that's it; -3 is indeed not in saucy any more, that's 409:51
rickspencer3oh geez09:51
rickspencer3I have 4 installed09:51
rickspencer3but wireless doesn't work09:51
rickspencer3that's why I wanted to report a bug09:51
pittile monde va très rapide dans Ubuntu :)09:52
rickspencer3pitti, c'est vrais, mais, le kernel es en painne :,(09:52
rickspencer3pitti, is there a work around for me?09:52
pittirickspencer3: it's probably more useful if you do this:09:52
pittirickspencer3: boot into -409:52
pittiapport-bug --save ~/linux.report linux09:52
pittirickspencer3: this will collect the data with -4 actually running09:53
pittirickspencer3: then reboot back into -3, and apport-bug ~/linux.report09:53
pittidata from a working -3 might be less useful09:53
pittirickspencer3: there is a s3kr1t workaround for this "not an ubuntu pkg" check, too, but I believe the above is more useful09:53
rickspencer3pitti, ok09:54
rickspencer3I'll do as you suggested later today09:54
rickspencer3when I have time09:54
pittirickspencer3: alors, le monde casse très rapide aussi :/09:54
rickspencer3je pense, c'est pas necessaire09:55
pittioui, broken wifi is rather high on the OMGkittens scale09:55
rickspencer3on peut bouger rapide et avec la securité ausi09:55
rickspencer3however, I probably can't really write that in French ;)09:56
pittij'ai le comprends09:56
pittierr, j'ai le compris09:56
seb128the new kernel broke -intel video for larsu as well09:57
* seb128 notes to not upgrade09:57
rickspencer3back ti out!09:57
rickspencer3back it out!09:57
seb128he gets no /dev/dri/card0 with it09:58
seb128larsu, did you ping the kernel guys about the issue?09:58
rickspencer3no video and no wifi09:58
rickspencer3that sounds pretty critical09:58
pittiWFM on arrandale, but I realize that this is getting old09:58
* seb128 joins #ubuntu-kernel and see larsu replying09:58
pittinote that module option parsing is completely broken in -409:58
larsuseb128: talking to them right now, they suspect it's a regression that's fixed in -509:58
larsuseb128: I'm installing that right nowand trying it09:59
pittithat might impact a lot of modules09:59
seb128is -5 in saucy?09:59
larsuseb128: still in -proposed, I'm wgetting it09:59
larsuseb128: http://people.canonical.com/~apw/master-next-saucy/09:59
seb128rickspencer3, you might want to try -5 as well to see if it fixes your issue09:59
apwrickspencer3, do you have like 11n=off type options for your wireless, that would be an issue with -410:03
rickspencer3apw, yes10:03
rickspencer3apw, I will fix it10:03
apwmove to -5 and you should be able to have them10:04
apwa parsing bug which was tickled in -410:04
Laneydo we have a library that gives a city -> timezone mapping?10:09
LaneyGNOME parses the database which gives region & city -> timezone10:10
LaneyI think our indicator uses the geolookup webservice10:11
Laneybut we only have a gtk api for that already10:11
jpdsLaney: $ curl http://geoip.ubuntu.com/lookup10:12
LaneyI need a list of cities and their timezones to implement what the design asks for10:12
jpdsSurely that's what tzdata is all about?10:13
Laneyit's not a very complete list of locations, is it?10:13
jpdsThe person in a little village in southern England, isn't going to mind picking London.10:14
pittiseb128: is there a reason not to do https://code.launchpad.net/~manishsinha/ubuntu/saucy/nautilus/move-to-zeitgeist2/+merge/173099 ?10:15
seb128Laney, try checking with xnox maybe what are their plan for the ootb dialog if it needs to do that10:15
Laney/everyone/ in England will have to pick London10:15
pittiseb128: (I'll apply the patch to the real packaging branch etc., just checking whether we want it in general; libzg 2 is already on the images10:15
seb128pitti, no reason that I know about, we already use the new version in gedit10:16
pittiseb128: ack10:16
larsuLaney: what does the datetime panel in indicator-datetime use?10:17
Laneylarsu: there's a 'completion' widget provided by libtimezonemap10:17
xnoxLaney: right, so we have the timezonemap with GI bindings and images to do the timezone. Look at qt ubiquity, it has some map on it? https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/KubuntuDocs/Installation/Timezone10:17
seb128Laney, so, I'm working on the phone panel UI ... do you prefer having different small reviews (e.g one by "page") or should I just stack everything and send a bigger one to review later?10:17
Laneyxnox: ah, interesting10:18
xnoxLaney: i wonder if that is gtk widget nonetheless10:18
Laneyseb128: Depends - if they get too stacked it's confusing/annoying to request changes lower down10:18
Laneyxnox: hmm, I think that comes from d-i?10:20
Laneythe drop-downs that is10:20
xnoxLaney: the drop-downs, yes, which bit are you after? the clicky map or list of timezones?10:21
Laneyxnox: The list, but it's not a list of timezones - it's a list of cities10:21
Laneymapping to timezones10:21
xnoxLaney: so the new timezonempa, ships one, i think.....10:22
xnoxLaney: well, we do ship /usr/share/zoneinfo10:23
LaneyI see a cities15000.txt10:24
sil2100didrocks: ah! I forgot to ask about something yesterday10:25
sil2100didrocks: it's about unity-mir10:25
LaneyIf geoname-lookup can do this though, that might be alright TBH10:25
Laneywould it be bad to have to be online to do that search?10:25
sil2100didrocks: currently unity-mir is depending on some funky non-trunk versions of platform-api and qtubuntu that won't get merged in yet10:26
sil2100didrocks: me and Gerry been wondering if maybe we could create a new 'stack' for those, daily-building and daily-releasing to a separate PPA10:27
sil2100didrocks: so that the guys could have daily builds for testing purposes10:28
xnoxLaney: it's ok to be online, but the idea about including cities15000 is for search to work the same with / without internet connectivity. As at the moment in the installer, if you are online you can select Beijing, but if you are offline you can only select Sanghai and some people get upset.10:28
sil2100Before it gets mature enough for daily-releasing10:28
Laneyxnox: why's that?10:28
LaneyI see both in there10:28
seb128Laney, right, I'm going to add some extra content before submitting, it makes review a bit harder but it avoids the stacking issue10:29
seb128Laney, xnox: better to not require data on a phone to be able to select your timezone10:29
seb128not everyone is having datas yet, and even when you do, you might not want to do roaming when travelling10:30
seb128but you are likely to want to change your timezone while travelling10:30
LaneyI think I will try to use the timezonemap api for this10:30
seb128sounds good10:30
xnoxseb128: sure, the miminal set of timezoneinfo is something like ~100 entries (basically all 26 timezones +/- a few aliases)10:30
seb128did you check if qt provide anything there?10:30
xnoxLaney: there are rumours that "Qt 5.1 withh get its own full Time Zone support directly in QDateTime"10:31
LaneyI looked but didn't find anything10:31
xnoxbut i'm confused what that means.10:31
xnoxLaney: i guess you also saw http://silmor.de/qtstuff.tzone.php on parsing tzdata files directly.10:31
Laneydoesn't seem useful10:32
Laneyxnox: yes, but tzdata isn't enough10:32
* xnox looks at the design.10:34
veeberssil2100: hey, I just chcked my messages before bed. Right I have that noted, do you mind sending out an email to the autopilot-dev ML?10:35
sil2100veebers: will do! Thanks :)10:35
veeberssil2100: no worries, we'll get those issues sorted quicks as :-)10:36
xnoxLaney: hmm... well if there are internets talk to the geolookup service libtimezonemap style, if there isn't I'd just propose a list of /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab as that one is small and has all timezones. The cities15000.txt should be excellent, if we can ship it on the phone & libtimezonemap provides enough api to parse/search it sensibly.10:38
sil2100didrocks: also, in the end, you think unity-mir would fit in the mir stack?10:48
sil2100The final version I mean10:48
sil2100didrocks: since basically it's something more like qtubuntu, but more related to mir10:48
sil2100didrocks: so I was actually wondering if it should be mir, unity or platform10:49
Laneyxnox: libtimezonemap1-dev misses Depends on packages its pcfile Requires10:56
xnoxLaney: *sigh*. This was recently brought up as a mass-bug-file in debian, i guess I should one day teach debhelper to auto-add those.11:03
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
xnoxLaney: branch merge proposals welcome \o/ =)11:03
xnoxin the mean time.11:03
seb128Laney, small needs fixing on your datetime mp, if you could just push a commit which does "make pot" so we get translations with it11:09
Laneyseb128: ok, you want those at the time?11:09
LaneyI thought you liked to batch them11:09
seb128no, I don't, I just tend to forget myself about it :p11:09
seb128ideally we would run "make pot" every time we change a string/add one11:10
LaneyI don't have that makefile target11:10
seb128e.g if we add an UI we should include the updated template in the merge proposal11:10
seb128Laney, cd po; make pot11:10
Laneyah I have to do it in there11:10
seb128Laney, thanks, approved11:12
Laneythank you!11:12
Laneyxnox: hmm, I can't get at the information inside11:13
Laneycan we make cc_timezone_location_get_property into public API?11:13
xnoxLaney: anything you wish. it's fairly new addition of cities15000 and nobody is actually using it properly, so i'd expect the API to be incomplete at the moment.11:14
LaneyI get a list of all the entries - that seems fine; it's I now need to be able to query them11:15
didrocksseb128: shoudl be in the mirslave for now11:33
didrocksgrrr seb128 stop talking! :)11:33
seb128sil2100, ^11:33
didrockssil2100: should be in the mirslave for now11:33
seb128didrocks, :-P11:33
didrockssil2100: then, once stabilize, we'll see :)11:33
didrocksbut unity8 will dep on it for sure11:33
didrockssil2100: they should get their API merged first ;)11:34
didrockssil2100: no daily release without that I'm afraid, it should push them to stabilize :)11:34
sil2100didrocks: right ;) Well, anyway, hmm11:35
sil2100didrocks: one more thing - are you knowledgable in the autolanding parameters in our cu2d-config branches?11:35
sil2100didrocks: since hm, to get at least autolanding working, we need custom platform-api and qtubuntu packages used ;/11:36
didrockssil2100: no, and I think we shouldn't add yet-another-ppa11:37
didrockssil2100: so really, they should merge in platform-api and qtubuntu their first shot11:37
sil2100didrocks: ah, ok then11:37
Laneyxnox: didn't need it after all12:02
Laneyyou expose the proper GObject properties12:03
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
LaneyI haz overwhelmingly huge list of cities13:00
antarusis there a page for minimum or recommended system requirements for using Unity?14:11
antarusI guess I found https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/UnityHardwareRequirements after some GOogling ;)14:15
=== pkern_ is now known as pkern
asacseb128: rebooted and now my main desktop also doesnt realize the external monitor size and i have very low resolution14:16
asacyou remember: my launcher had the built-in screen resolution, but after logging in i got desk with 1080p14:16
asacthat doesnt happen anymore :)14:16
seb128asac, uname -r ?14:17
asac uname -r14:17
asacbad kernel?14:17
seb128asac, buggy kernel14:17
seb128update to -514:18
asaci dont have any updates yet14:18
seb128you probably get the same "/dev/dri/card0: no such file or directory"  as larsu was getting earlier14:18
* asac runs apt-get update again14:18
seb128asac, it was blocked in proposed I think14:18
seb128but it should be unblocked14:18
seb128asac, reboot and pick -3 otherwise14:18
asacits not there yet14:18
* larsu confirms that -3 works fine14:18
seb128apw, ^ is -5 still in proposed?14:19
asacis there a way we can add a test for automation to check for that in future?14:19
seb128asac, good question for the kernel team ;-)14:23
asaci also asked on -managers14:23
kgunndidrocks: is the failing ati test using a build from source? or is it using system-compositor-testing ppa ? or your daily ppa ?14:32
apwseb128, it was held there yes for a214:32
didrockskgunn: just answered on #ubuntu-mir :p14:32
seb128apw, ok14:39
apwseb128, it was meant to be being released cause A2 should have it anyhow, but it was delayed there for A2 before that for some hours14:40
seb128Laney, kenvandine: https://code.launchpad.net/~seb128/ubuntu-system-settings/start-phone-panel/+merge/176401 ... review appreciate if you can, it's the start of the phone panel. I'm pinging because I would like to have that first part landed so I can build on it (I'm not wanting to start stacking changes on uncommited code)14:40
seb128apw, ok, my understanding was that infinity unblocked it, I'm not sure why asac still don't see the update, maybe mirror delay or something14:41
Laneyit's still being worked14:42
Laneyand yes, will review now14:42
seb128Laney, thanks14:42
asacseb128: probably14:42
Laneyseb128: CallWaiting.qml refers to callDiversionSwitch instead of callWaitingSwitch14:48
Laneyalso why start the timer in onCompleted rather than just set running: true? (was that me? :P)14:49
seb128Laney, no reason, that works probably to14:49
* Laney nods14:50
seb128let me try ;-)14:50
seb128that's just a fake anyway14:50
seb128that code is going away once we have an actual backend14:50
Laneystill, rather have it be as right as possible14:50
Laneyotherwise looks good14:51
seb128Laney, ok, pushed changes14:53
jbichacould someone look into why notify-osd's tests fail since it's blocking gtk+3.0? it built fine locally14:54
seb128jbicha, do you have a look of the issue?14:54
jbichaI believe it's one of those silent autotests https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Saucy/view/AutoPkgTest/job/saucy-adt-notify-osd/38/ARCH=amd64,label=adt/console14:55
Laney../test-driver: line 95: 28659 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) "$@" > $log_file 2>&1 FAIL: test-modules14:55
seb128could be a one time thing14:56
seb128try asking jibel to retry it14:56
seb128so maybe a real bug...14:57
seb128jbicha, I'm not going to comment on how testing that gtk upload goes, seeing that the first upload wasn't even test built apparently14:58
Laneybah, this -4 kernel15:01
Laneyfailed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory15:01
didrockssil2100: unity-notifications-impl-115:21
didrockssil2100: isn't that a virtual package?15:21
didrocks(just from memory)15:21
didrockssil2100: you will try pocking the -check job manually first I guess to get the right list of packages?15:22
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
seb128it's already meeting time15:30
seb128qengho, mlankhorst, Sweetshark, Laney, tkamppeter, attente, desrt, larsu: hey, it's meeting time15:30
* larsu is still in the indicator meeting...15:30
seb128larsu, no worry, you might be done before it's your turn15:31
seb128let's get started15:31
mlankhorstg'day mate15:31
seb128qengho, hey15:31
czajkowskihmm am I useing the smart scopes wrong/ imo when I double click on one it should open, but I have to click launch for it to actually Launch?15:31
qengho- chromium-browser build-testing-security-release pipeline streamlined. Should t15:31
qenghoake off a few days for releases.15:31
qengho- 28.0.1500.71 should be out today.15:31
qengho- Included a few tests in Cr build. Trying to add more, especially for webapps.15:31
qengho- Re-started work on translations.15:31
seb128qengho, still no working menus in saucy... :-(15:31
seb128qengho, when is that going to be fixed?15:32
qenghoseb128: #security has it.  Soon as they can, I guess.15:32
seb128qengho, is #security handling saucy as well?15:32
seb128there is no security pocket/difference in devel cycles15:32
seb128qengho, they didn't upload the previous one to saucy15:33
Laneyyou might want to ask them and pass it on to the sponsor queue / us for regular sponsorship if necessary15:34
qenghoseb128: I should be sending to the dev line, but #security has done it so far. I'll do what I need to so I can send it directly.15:34
seb128qengho, thanks, let me know if you need sponsoring15:35
seb128Sweetshark, hey15:35
Sweetsharkseb128: LO 4.1.0rc3 for saucy, 4.0.4 prepared for raring MIR, 3.6.7 ppa update for quantal, some postmortem analysis: http://skyfromme.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/libreoffice-3-6-7-on-ubuntu-547-bug-fixes-and-zero-known-well-triaged-regressions-against-version-3-6-0-on-release/. EOF15:36
=== tkamppeter__ is now known as tkamppeter
seb128Sweetshark, thanks15:37
mlankhorstTracking down nouveau corruption bugs, still uncertain what is causing them. I created some fixes for old nvidia cards. lts-raring should be complete at this point, I need to bug some release admin to get it to -proposed. Updated x to 1.14.2, working xorg-integration-tests autopkgtest in my ppa.15:37
mlankhorstmelting from the heat15:37
seb128mlankhorst, thanks15:38
seb128Laney, hey15:38
Laney• DMB: write up formal proposal to the TB to allow PPU to not have to be Ubuntu members (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel.technical-board/1158)15:38
Laney• Release: create script to generate megablocks & put one in place for A2 (if your stuff isn't going to release, it's probably because of this)15:38
Laney• system-settings:15:38
Laney∘ Create a place for system-level GSettings to be stored, similar to gsettings-desktop-schemas. lp:gsettings-ubuntu-touch-schemas. Still awaiting reviews to go to saucy.15:38
Laney∘ Branch of u-s-s using the initial schemas in there.15:38
Laney∘ Create non-shared schema in u-s-s for the local (state) settings to be stored.15:38
Laney∘ Make background use this to store selected options15:38
Laney∘ Start phone UI, stop due to lack of backends/widgets and pass it on to seb128 who doesn't mind this. :P15:38
Laney∘ Start working on datetime panel, using timedated and libtimezonemap.15:38
Laney∘ Reviews15:38
Laney• Patch piloted15:38
Laney• Few more fixes to livecd-rootfs/pvr-omap4 to make (a) Kubuntu work and (b) the X server start up15:39
Laney• Now:15:39
Laney∘ fixing pyicu file conflict on upgrade in proposed15:39
Laney∘ merge proposing timedate huge list of locations to prove that it works15:39
Laney∘ making timedate panel cope with DBus activation by watching for NameOwnerChanged15:39
seb128Laney, oh, u-s-s is blocked on review? I said I was fine with it (a bit unsure about the namespace but otherwise it seemed ok to me)15:40
Laneywell I think sil2100 was going to review it to go to dailies15:41
seb128oh, right15:41
seb128sil2100, ^ still on your list?15:41
seb128Laney, well, not hurry, it's not blocking us much (yet, especially since we have the settings having their own schemas)15:42
seb128Laney, thanks15:42
LaneyI just realised that you can abbreviate it to GUTS15:42
seb128tkamppeter, hey15:42
tkamppeter - Packaged CUPS 1.7.0rc1 and uploaded to my PPA15:42
tkamppeter - Filled application forms for US visa (got ESTA denied earlier this year)15:42
tkamppeter - GSoC mentoring15:42
tkamppeter - Bugs15:42
seb128tkamppeter, thanks15:43
seb128attente, hey15:43
attenteseb128, hey15:43
attentefixed indicator-keyboard unit tests to run in an xvfb15:43
attentetried to get display language switching in the language settings panel using accountsservice, still trying to get it working15:43
attentewill need changes in accountsservice to get user input sources for the greeter indicator15:43
desrtattente: do not modify accountsservice15:44
desrtyour choices here, in order of preferences:15:44
desrt1) figure out what stefw wants to do about input sources and help him do that15:44
desrt2) use a vendor extension interface15:44
desrt3) death15:45
desrt4) patching accountsservice15:45
* larsu advises against 315:45
desrtnotice the order of choices 3 and 415:45
attenteyou've painted a picture for me15:46
seb128attente, listen to desrt and pick 1 or 2 I guess ;-)15:47
desrtideally 115:47
desrtabsolutely definitely talk to stefw before doing anything else15:47
seb128attente, btw your updated mp for the language panel is on my todolist for just after this meeting, good work on that ;-)15:47
desrtwe had a discussion about this at the freedesktop sprint and he's interested in supporting it15:47
attenteseb128, thanks for the thorough review15:47
seb128attente, thanks15:48
seb128desrt, your turn15:48
desrt- helped cyphermox last week fix some crashes and performance problems in the chewie network indicator service15:48
desrt- secret project15:48
seb128desrt, did you manage to fix the issues in chewie?15:49
desrti fixed a couple of crashes15:49
desrtbut i'm not sure they were the same crashes that cyphermox was seeing (since i was unable to reproduce the same stacktrace as he had)15:49
desrtbut i got it to a point where it stopped crashing for me, at least15:49
desrtthere were also some issues where a signal was getting connected and never disconnected15:49
desrtover and over15:49
* larsu shows necessary credentials to be authorized to know about desrt's secret project15:49
desrtso new APs would dispatch to 1 watcher, then 2, then 3, ...15:50
desrtgrowing forever, getting slower and slower15:50
seb128I see15:50
seb128cyphermox, working better now, or do you still have issues?15:50
desrtlarsu: ;)15:50
seb128desrt, thanks15:50
seb128larsu, your turn (done with the indicator meeting?)15:50
larsuseb128: yep :)15:50
cyphermoxseb128: it's still majorly broken15:50
larsu- gsettings-qt: expose choices, don't abort like desrt, more testing, new c++ API15:50
larsu- got some minor issues after landing indicator-sound, fixed them right away15:50
larsu- there's a patch to gnome-settings-daemon to use MPRIS if no program acquires the15:51
larsumedia keys; I made the MPRIS discovery saner and more robust, which will also benifit15:51
larsuobviously, *benefit15:51
seb128cyphermox, :-(15:51
* larsu shouldn't type while on a call15:51
Laneyis it your fault that i-sound now shows everything ever? :-)15:51
desrtseb128: the code in chewie is .... not great15:51
larsuand also: started indicator-messages branch consolidation15:51
cyphermoxseb128: that crash is still pretty bad, though now we just restart it so it's less crippling15:51
seb128desrt, I've heard that :/15:51
seb128Laney, that's mpt's fault I think :p (e.g the update respects the design)15:52
Laneywell it shows lastfm twice :P15:52
seb128oh, that's probably a bug with webapps15:52
didrocksLaney: one isn't enough ;)15:52
seb128those are not the most robust thing15:52
Laneyprobably FF and chrome15:52
seb128or that15:52
Laneyoh well15:53
seb128larsu, done?15:53
larsuLaney: gesettings get com.canonical.indicator-sound interested-media-players15:53
larsuseb128: yep15:53
larsuseb128: sorry, forgot eof over all the chatter15:53
seb128larsu, can you fix scrollwheel over the sound indicator? it's driving me crazy to have to click the menu and grab the slider every time I want to change the sound :p15:53
larsuseb128: get media key :P15:54
* seb128 noted the issue in the mp review but forgot after the other bugs got fixed15:54
larsuseb128: I mean, of course I'll fix that15:54
seb128larsu, I don't have such keys on that keyboard, maybe time to get a modern keyboard :p15:54
larsuthere's a bug open for it now15:54
seb128larsu, thanks ;-)15:54
Laneylarsu: ah lastfmwwwlastfm.desktop and lastfmlastfm.desktop15:54
seb128larsu, do you have interesting news on the indicator front btw (since that meeting was just before)?15:54
seb128larsu, I tried some with a phone profile on the touch image, that sort of work but most widgets are missing15:55
larsuseb128: ya, everything's behind and not well tested15:55
larsuLaney: that would be the problem... just remove one of them (and hope noone adds it again)15:55
seb128larsu, also do you have any idea how easy it is to do something similar to unity8/indicator for system settings?15:55
larsuseb128: once I land unitymenumodel, it should be fairly easy.15:56
seb128any eta on that?15:56
larsuseb128: provided we can share qml code with unity8 easily15:56
larsuseb128: a month ago?! More seriously, I'm trying to fit it into this week as well, dednick is starting to need it15:56
seb128seems we might be done with system settings before getting that :p15:56
larsuand you too, apparently15:57
seb128well, we are moving ahead without it15:57
seb128but I think network and bluetooth can be easier with it15:57
seb128the other panels are mostly static15:57
larsuthat's okay as long as we're only doing fairly simple panels15:57
larsuin those cases, I actually prefer the route we've taken15:57
seb128but for things changing like detected aps or devices it would be nicer15:57
* larsu puts more hours into his days15:57
* seb128 hugs larsu15:58
seb128the heat doesn't help to be productive (at least for me)15:58
seb128larsu, thanks15:58
seb128my turn:15:58
seb128* some easy syncs and updates15:58
seb128* helped touch guys with reviews for some NEW packages and updates15:58
seb128* mostly system setting work15:58
seb128- some ui tweaks and bug fixes15:58
seb128- got the sound panel to list sound files from disk and play preview them15:58
seb128- added support for screen rotation15:58
seb128- some refactoring to share custom widgets between panels15:58
seb128- added new categories to the storage panel (video, music, photos, documents)15:58
seb128- made the storage panel a bit smarter (replaced fixed values by real datas)15:58
seb128- quite some reviews15:58
seb128- started on the phone-ap panel15:58
seb128- tried to add "get the size of the xdg dirs" to the storage panel, gave up15:59
desrtseb128: hm?15:59
seb128it's non trivial15:59
desrtsize in the sense of 'disk usage'?15:59
seb128need to recurse manually through the dir/subdirs15:59
desrtfor things like Desktop, Photos, etc?15:59
desrtya... that's time consuming15:59
desrtdfaure and i invented a super-efficient way to do this for the trash folder15:59
desrtya... at the freedesktop sprint16:00
desrtit leans rather heavily on some assumptions about the way the trash folder is stored, though16:00
desrtit wouldn't work for other folders, unfortunately16:00
seb128ok :/16:00
seb128anyway I put it on the side16:00
desrtit's not easy16:01
desrtbecause i could move some large file into ~/Documents/deeply/nested/dir/16:01
desrtand you have no way to know that you need to re-spider that area16:01
sil2100Laney: u-s-s?16:01
larsufilesystems are just awesome16:01
* sil2100 is a bit confused by all the shortcuts16:01
desrtlarsu: >:|16:01
Laneysil2100: the gsettings schemas16:01
seb128I guess the guys doing the file manager app are eventually going to need to solve that problem and with some luck I can use what they do16:02
desrtseb128: i wrote the algorithm that baobab currently uses and it's fairly efficient16:02
desrt~10times faster than what was there before16:02
desrtmaybe just steal it?16:02
* larsu loves baobab16:02
seb128desrt, thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look there16:02
seb128ok, a bit late for didrocks' part of the meeting16:03
larsudesrt: how was it 10 times slower before?16:03
seb128let's wrap the first half of the meeting16:03
seb128thanks everyone16:03
* didrocks taps on the desk16:03
larsuthanks seb12816:03
seb128shame we didn't have time to ask desrt about his secret projec16:03
desrtlarsu: i forget16:03
sil2100Laney: let me check my notes and get back to you later ;)16:03
desrtseb128: :)16:03
seb128didrocks, you should start by that :p16:03
seb128desrt, tell us!!! ;-)16:03
seb128didrocks, your turn16:03
didrockshey sil2100, cyphermox, kenvandine, robru, desrt !16:03
didrocksso desrt…16:03
desrtuh oh16:03
didrocksyour secret project? ;)16:03
robrudidrocks, good morning!16:03
didrocks(and how guys are doing?)16:03
* seb128 hugs didrocks16:03
* didrocks hugs seb12816:04
seb128larsu, you said you have the credential to know, do you have the decoder to read it as well? ;-)16:04
desrteach character here corresponds to one page (4096-bytes-sized block) of a file called 'index.cache'16:04
desrta '.' byte is one that's not loaded into memory16:05
seb128desktop caching \o/16:05
larsuseb128: I do (he told me about this earlier)16:05
desrta '#' byte is one that's loaded into memory16:05
* kenvandine waves16:05
desrtso we see about 100k of memory used here in the pagecache16:05
larsuseb128: I didn't know that that was the secret16:05
didrockstsss ;)16:05
didrocksok, let's start ;)16:05
desrtthis is a result of looking for the string "système" in the french locale16:05
desrtand iterating over the resulting desktop files with matches16:06
didrockssil2100: it seems you are first: so unity7 release/stack cleanings and so on16:06
didrockssil2100: how did it go?16:06
desrta process that takes ~3ms on an ice-cold cache16:06
desrt(and about 300µs on a warm cache)16:06
seb128desrt, yeah for not having to read that ton of ini files every time!16:06
sil2100Ooook, so16:06
sil2100All seems to go well \o/16:06
seb128desrt, looking forward to see that landing ;-)16:06
desrti hope to get it into gio this week :)16:06
didrockssil2100: sweet, even unity tests?16:06
seb128(and on that note I shut up before didrocks goes angry)16:06
sil2100Since we were finally able to fix the DBus issues, we have normal unity test runs (not red ones that timed out)16:07
sil2100The number of failures is a bit over the threshold though...16:07
didrockssil2100: you work with bregma to get that down?16:07
sil2100But since we're WAY over the deadline, I would say we do a release (once we see if those are blockers or not)16:07
sil2100And then chase the rest down with the unity guys16:07
didrocksok, so regressions are not that impactful?16:08
sil2100We're still waiting on armhf build to finish16:08
didrocksdid we identify them?16:08
sil2100They seem like that, we're still scanning them for serious regressions16:08
sil2100Once we finish, we'll be releasing if all seems ok16:09
didrockssil2100: ok, excellent work! :)16:10
didrocksok, let's move to next bullets16:11
didrocksseems kenvandine has done tremendous work this week, mind sharing with us?16:11
didrocksfree-rdp, click packages…16:11
kenvandinethat's it :)16:11
kenvandineand friends-app autopilot tests on the device smoke testing is green now :)16:12
kenvandinedamn lock screen!16:12
sil2100Damn you lock screen!16:12
didrocksoh, on freerdp16:12
didrockskenvandine: the prepare job is yellow16:12
didrocksfor days btw ;)16:12
kenvandineok... i'll look16:12
kenvandinei just got the view setup today :)16:12
antarus(is this the weekly ubuntu desktop meeting?)16:12
kenvandineantarus, yes16:12
didrockskenvandine: want to note it down or you will review it again?16:12
kenvandinei'll look now16:13
antarus(is there an agenda somewhere?)16:13
didrocksrobru: stuck on the webapps SRU land?16:13
didrocksantarus: no agenda, we follow mostly https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuDk72Lpx8U5dHFtUmlPOUtCRk8zR2dtaEpIbUVhMmc#gid=016:13
didrocksrobru: feel free to note that you work on that btw so that you can track/update it and we can help you if needed :)16:14
robrudidrocks, oh, not stuck, just forgot about it :-/ was working on the unity-webapps-qml autopilot tests which took some days due to a few false starts with jenkins.16:14
kenvandinedidrocks, ok, i'll note it on the spreadsheet and fix it after i handle more pressing issues16:14
robrualso, I rewrote the entire contact syncing support in Friends because I found many inefficiencies in it. now it works with half as many resources on the phone ;-)16:14
didrocksrobru: do you understand how the config is working for the tests now?16:14
didrockskenvandine: sounds good! :)16:15
robrudidrocks, yes, I have a better understanding of the yaml format for tests.16:15
didrockswaow, nice!16:15
didrocksgreat! do not hesitate if there is any black hole still16:15
didrocksrobru: do you mind noting the SRU, so that you don't forget again? ;)16:15
robrudidrocks, nah, I will just do it today.16:16
didrocksok, great!16:16
robruright now ;-)16:16
didrocksrobru: also, there is this stack, but I harass sil2100 with new packages16:16
didrocksrobru: so maybe, so that you can get upload rights, it will be great if you can review for daily release some packages16:16
didrocksI'm thinking about the new settings schema package16:16
didrocksit's an easy one16:16
robrudidrocks, yeah, i'ts never been clear to me which packages are the new ones that need review.16:16
didrocksfrom Laney16:16
didrocksLaney: mind helping/sending an email to robru with details?16:17
Laneyyou have to find my secret rootkit16:17
didrocksrobru: I'm assigning to you line 18 if you don't mind :)16:17
Laneyit's a test you see16:17
Laneythe details are: lp:gsettings-ubuntu-touch-schemas16:17
didrocksLaney: I have your password now ;)16:17
Laneydunno what else to say :P16:17
robruLaney, thanks, will look at it today after I finish this SRU ;-)16:17
sil2100I remember I did some packaging review for that ;p16:17
didrocksthanks robru, please note that on the spreadsheet (line 18 :p)16:18
sil2100robru: so I'm leaving it to you then!16:18
didrocksand coordinate with sil2100 maybe?16:18
sil2100didrocks: will do16:18
didrockscyphermox is not around, he had to leave16:18
didrockson some notes:16:18
didrocksso now daily release can force rebuild some projects, even if you don't have any new commits16:19
didrockslike a no change rebuild16:19
didrocks(for new ABI for instance of a rdepends)16:19
didrocksif you deploy your stack, you will see the option16:19
didrocks(it's not exposed on the CLI tool as I'm unsure we should yet ;))16:19
didrocksit can be set by default on a stack16:19
didrocksso for instance mirslave stack deps on mir stack16:20
didrocksand it's forced to rebuild everyday against last mir :)16:20
didrocksalso, there is a separete "SKIP_DEST_CHECK" option16:20
didrockslet's say there was a manual upload to distro16:20
didrocksnot in the Vcs16:20
didrocksyou will be blocked by daily release16:21
didrocksand normally, we merge that back upstream16:21
didrocks(in the vcs)16:21
didrocksbut if you don't care about the changelog16:21
didrocksand ensure that the fix is in the vcs16:21
didrocksyou can skip this check ;)16:21
didrockson other news, still working with the Mir team16:21
didrockswe had some races that I workaround16:22
didrocksand still a failure on ati where XMir doesn't start16:22
didrocksso, working on that16:22
didrocks+ coordination with the MIR of Mir16:22
didrocks(even if not enabled by default, we need it in main because xmir deps on it)16:22
didrocksthat's it for me16:22
sil2100Awesome, good work!16:22
didrocksbecause I press the "Archive" button, any questions/things to mention? :)16:22
sil2100didrocks: one thing!16:23
didrocksyes? :)16:23
sil2100I think that we can also mark the 'Clean all new packages' already16:23
didrockssil2100: please do before I press *the* button :)16:23
sil2100As done, finally - I checked all the leftovers, and saw that the merges finally got in ;p16:23
sil2100didrocks: done!16:23
didrocksgreat ;)16:24
didrockskenvandine: sil2100: robru: nice work! keep it up :)16:24
didrocksthanks everyone ;)16:24
robrudidrocks, thanks16:24
sil2100I'm still working on unity-mir, had a small pause for the unity stuff16:24
micahgdidrocks: I would think that ABI changes should be signed off on before world rebuilds happen (unless this is daily PPA only, not archive)16:24
didrocksmicahg: you are happy to help doing that :)16:25
didrocksmicahg: but for components that are not ABI stable, I think you will have daily work ;)16:25
didrockssil2100: between unity and unity-mir, this is your pause! :p16:25
micahgdidrocks: if it's in a PPA that's not heading to the archive, I think that's fine, if it's heading to the archive, I think it needs some type of signoff16:26
robrudidrocks, what happened here? marked unstable? is this ok or do I need to take some action on this?16:26
didrocksrobru: ah, I think that sil2100 published it then16:26
didrocksrobru: -> no yellow16:27
didrocksrobru: it's one of the issue with jenkins, publishing doesn't change stack colors16:27
sil2100robru: yep, I published what I could in the morning16:27
robrudidrocks, ok, so it would have needed a manual publish at the time, but somebody already did so it's fine16:27
didrockshum, disconnected16:27
robrusil2100, ok, thanks16:27
didrocksnot sure what went in16:27
didrocksrobru: yep, the dashboard, if we have time to work on it, should do that more clearly ;)16:28
sil2100robru: I think there was a new package, which didrocks already preNEWed16:28
robrudidrocks, last message i see from you is "robru: it's one of the issue with jenkins, publishing doesn't change stack colors"16:28
didrocksok, sounds about what I wrote :)16:28
Skaaghow do calibrate the screen colors? when I open the profiles, the calibrate button is grayed out16:37
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
* didrocks waves good evening17:06
attentejbicha, hey. can you try re-uploading indicator-keyboard? i made some changes that i hope fix the tests17:20
jbichaattente: sure I'll take a look17:26
popeydoes anyone else have a battery gauge which sticks ?17:38
popeymy saucy laptop is telling me I have 4:40 left, and it's been saying that for hours17:39
popeymore annoyingly my laptop has died a couple of times because I didnt know the battery was empty17:40
sarnoldpopey: czajkowski complained of the same problem..17:41
=== ivanka is now known as ivanka-train
larsupopey: there's a bug in the new libusb which causes upower to hang sometimes. bug #120365518:32
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1203655 in upower (Ubuntu) "Hangs in pthread_join in libusb_exit" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/120365518:32
larsupopey: nobody knows how to reproduce it yet...18:33
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
czajkowskipopey: ahh that flipping bug has bitten me in the rear a few times now20:26
antaruscurious, is there a good method to determine which apps are using my video ram, or specifically for unity / compiz, which parts are using the video memory?20:26
antarusI believe there is a top program for intel GPUs, but not for nvidia (which I am stuck with)20:27
lifelesswin 5320:36
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!