=== Aww is now known as [[Aww]]
m4n1shjbicha: do I need to have a look at com.canonical.unity.dash scopes or com.canonical.unity.lenses disabled-scopes ?01:07
jbichaI believe dash scopes is only for the ones that who up in the bottom tab bar of the dash01:21
=== [[Aww]] is now known as Aww
jbichaso you'll want to look at disabled-scopes for your primary implementation01:23
m4n1shyeah, makes sense. tried it. working on it01:40
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
pittiGood morning04:48
desrtpitti: bonan morgaŭ04:50
RAOFpitti: Good morning!04:50
RAOFpitti: Hey, is there a simple way to inject a PPA package (a dependency of the autopkgtest) into the run-adt-test environment?04:51
pittihey RAOF04:52
pittidesrt: guten Morgen04:52
desrtgood tomorrow!04:52
pittiRAOF: for personal runs, you can use the --ppa option04:52
desrtpitti: no guadec for you this year, hm?04:52
RAOFpitti: Oooh, sweet. Thanks!04:53
pittidesrt: unfortunately not, coincides with my holidays and we don't have much choice about that as my wife has to take holidays around that time04:53
desrtoh.  i remember this.04:53
pittiRAOF: for the 'official' jenkins builds that doesn't work of course; we can set up jobs for particular PPAs (we do that for e. g. firefox)04:53
pittiRAOF: as a workaround your test could of course do add-apt-repository, apt-get update, etc. itself04:54
RAOFpitti: Oh, the jenkins infrastructure has internets?04:54
pittiRAOF: but it wouldn't be a proper autopkgtest any more as you wouldn't test actual Ubuntu04:54
pittiRAOF: to *.ubuntu.com, over proxy04:54
RAOFpitti: Yeah. For official builds I'll see why mlankhorst hasn't uploaded xorg-integration-tests to the archive ;)04:54
=== thumper is now known as thumper-afk
mlankhorstlack of upload rights and forgetting to ask someone else, mostly :P05:42
RAOFHm. Where has git.debian.org gone?05:49
RAOFmlankhorst: Can you pull from git.debian.org?05:50
pittiseems that alioth is down06:15
pittiseems "git pull" works, but not the webui06:16
mlankhorstRAOF: there is no git tree for xit yet06:37
RAOFmlankhorst: In alioth?06:37
mlankhorstit's just packaged by adding the debian directory to a git snapshot, then using make-orig-source to get a more recent snapshot06:38
mlankhorstyay looks like my xserver fixes got into master06:39
RAOFmlankhorst: Any particular reason why I shouldn't upload what's in your PPA to the archive?06:40
mlankhorstnone that I can think of, except the ~ppa versioning :P06:40
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
pittiLaney: in my /tmp I have a pulse-PKdhtXMmr18n which is owned by root; that seems to indicate that at some point pulseaudio does run as root?07:07
pittiLaney: it's from 06:45, i. e. from boot07:32
seb128good morning desktopers07:43
robruSeb128! How goes?07:44
seb128lol, looks like pitti already fixed half of the world before I wake up07:44
seb128libusb fixed harder07:44
seb128gvfs tests fixed07:44
seb128robru, hey, good! you?07:44
robruSeb128, not bad. Hang in at guadec with Lars and desrt07:45
seb128oh, right, GUADEC07:45
robruLol, 'hang in'.... Goofy android irc on my tablet07:46
pittihey seb12807:48
pittiseb128: :)07:48
seb128pitti, good morning, wie gehts?07:49
pittiseb128: yeah, I hope with the last gvfs upload the whole stack should migrate now07:49
pittiseb128: okay-ish; I feel a bit of a fever, seems I got an infection somewhere :(07:49
didrockshey seb128, pitti, robru!07:51
larsupitti: gute Besserung!07:51
didrocksand larsu ;)07:51
pittibonjour didrocks et larsu07:52
pittilarsu: danke07:52
larsudidrocks: good morning!07:52
seb128pitti, :-(07:52
seb128didrocks, lut07:52
seb128larsu, hey, had a good train ride?07:52
larsuseb128: yep, lots of fun with poettering and Company07:52
* larsu laughs at robru trying to use irc without a keyboard :P07:53
robruToo lazy to whip out laptop....07:54
larsu*tap* *tap* *tap*07:54
larsurobru: ya, it's a bit more polite to the speaker...07:54
sil2100seb128: morning!08:02
sil2100seb128: you ready for some packaging ACKs? ;)08:02
seb128Laney, sil2100: good morning08:03
seb128sil2100, sure08:03
seb128didrocks, did you change the upload-to-archive frequency already?08:04
sil2100seb128: http://www.multiurl.com/l/fdq <- just two for now08:04
sil2100seb128: I guess they changed something and that build-dep is no longer needed08:04
seb128sil2100, you can see the rational on https://code.launchpad.net/~diwic/gallery-app/remove-qtubuntu-media/+merge/17771808:05
seb128sil2100, +1 for both08:05
sil2100seb128: thanks!08:06
didrocksseb128: yeah, the rsync is every 5 minutes08:07
seb128didrocks, that's why we got system settings landing during the day yesterday I guess? (just trying to make sure I understand what's going on)08:08
didrocksseb128: hum, I don't think we are speaking about the same thing then08:08
didrocksthe 5 minutes instead of 15 minutes is "picking a stack which is published and copy to distro"08:09
didrocksthat's the only thing I changed08:09
didrocks(for now)08:09
seb128didrocks, ignore me, the 18:10 upload was the first of the day08:09
seb128I guess it took the day for sil2100 to review the 1 liner new build-depends and press publish :/08:09
sil2100Where? What?08:10
sil2100seb128: yesterday I published everything I could ASAP actually08:10
seb128sil2100, https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/0.1+13.10.20130731-0ubuntu1 was uploaded at 18:0008:11
sil2100seb128: if I remember correctly, yesterday there was this strange thing that someone ran the settings stack manually during the day08:11
seb128sil2100, it was quite late in the day, I though it was a second landing and was wondering why we had a second one ... I just noticed it was the day landing08:12
sil2100seb128: since in the morning, it was green by itself
sil2100seb128: so when I was starting stack works, it was green due to daily-build08:12
sil2100seb128: then someone manually re-started the stack08:12
sil2100seb128: I can't watch and publish stacks that someone restarts manually without notifying me08:13
sil2100I don't have a bot that tells me whenever someone re-runs a stack, maybe I should have one?08:13
seb128sil2100, no, don't worry08:13
sil2100Also, I didn't publish anything later08:13
seb128sil2100, it's the "someone manually re-started the stack" which confused me08:13
sil2100So someone else had to press the publish button08:13
seb128I wonder who/why08:14
seb128but no big deal08:14
sil2100seb128: that's why I asked you guys yesterday around 16:00 of my time that settings turned 'red' and asking if anyone of you guys are working on it08:15
seb128sil2100, ok, I guess it's a mystery why that afternoon run happened08:15
sil2100seb128: since jenkins couldn't tell me who started the build, just that it was stared 'by an user' ;p08:15
seb128let's blame Ken ;-)08:16
seb128(the only change is this upload and the ofono-qt work he did, maybe he wanted it to land)08:16
seb128sil2100, sorry for the noise and it looked like ranting, I was mostly puzzled by what happened there and trying to understand08:17
seb128sil2100, thanks for the details ;-)08:17
didrockswe can surely blame Ken ;)08:17
didrocksif it's none of us, I can only see ken starting it08:17
didrockssil2100: so, don't worry about mirslaves08:18
didrockswith luck, we'll have xmir + drivers today08:18
didrocksthen promote to main08:18
didrocksand I'll rerun mirslaves and NEW it08:18
sil2100seb128: no problem, I'm as puzzled as you guys are ;p08:19
sil2100didrocks: did the ATI issue get resolved with mirslaves?08:19
didrockssil2100: yeah (a little bit magically, which is worrysome, but shhhh ;))08:20
didrocksso we just need "stuff in distro" to push u-s-c in universe08:20
m4n1shwhom should I ask for a unity scopes question?08:25
m4n1shthis doesn't look like a channel for a unity specific question08:26
seb128m4n1sh, try mhr3 when he's online08:26
m4n1shhe just went offline around 20 mins back08:27
seb128or pstolowski08:27
seb128right, mhr3 is at GUADEC this week I think08:27
m4n1shyeah, he lives in Brno.08:27
m4n1shanyone who can help me with a Unity Scopes question - here is the question https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/activity-log-manager/+bug/1198554/comments/608:28
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1198554 in Activity Log Manager "Allow enabling/disabling Unity scopes from Privacy Settings" [Low,Confirmed]08:28
=== thumper-afk is now known as thumper
sil2100hmmm, looks like Ken didn't sponsor my lucene++ package ;/08:31
Laneysil2100: lies, https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/+queue08:33
didrockssil2100: do we have a lot of build-deps from lucene++ which are in universe?08:35
didrockssil2100: btw, is it mhr3 asking you to package it? I got the same request from thorst, but I don't know which channel kicked you into that story ;)08:36
didrocksok libboost-regex-dev, sounds good08:36
sil2100Laney: how is that possible that I didn't see it just now?!08:37
sil2100Laney: it's you! Magic!08:37
* sil2100 takes back what he said08:38
sil2100didrocks: yeah, mhr3 poked me about it, so I did it to hog karma and package experience for my very own upload rights (tm)08:38
seb128cool that sil2100/ken uploaded, it means didrocks can NEW review :p08:39
didrocksI think it means that seb128 can NEW review as well ;)08:41
sil2100didrocks: related to MIR mir, anything else needing attention still?08:41
didrockssil2100: no, everything is under control08:41
didrocksI'll need to pay in beers08:41
didrockssil2100: did you package from scratch08:49
didrocksor did you start from some packages… somewhere… in the world? :)08:49
seb128sil2100, some ibus 1.5 fixes got merged, did that make the unity tests happier?08:49
sil2100didrocks: I didn't have to start from 0 since we already had a base from Openismus guys - also Ken was tweaking it a bit in the past ;)08:50
didrockssil2100: interesting, can you explain me why we have this cross cmake patch (doesn't seem we use it) and this conditional host test in debian/rules?08:51
didrockssil2100: not a blocker, but I would love to see it multiarched :)08:52
sil2100didrocks: mhr3 asked me to include that fix, I think Ricardo had some use for it!08:53
sil2100didrocks: I can work on multiarch for the next version too ;)08:53
didrockssil2100: but it's not included, right?08:54
didrocksthe cmakecross08:54
didrocksI can't see anything calling it08:54
didrocksif it was following dep3, that would help to know what's the use, how it's called08:54
didrockssil2100: mind fixing that as well? ^08:54
didrockssil2100: and about debian/rules, why this condition?08:54
didrocks(it seems to be cross-building support, but we don't this, do we?)08:55
sil2100didrocks: I think I over-hasted here! Let me fix this up then ;)08:57
sil2100Since it was used internally it seems08:57
sil2100So in distro, right, I guess it doesn't make sense to have it08:57
sil2100Since if anyone needs this he can modify the packaging by himself08:58
didrockssil2100: well, not a blocker, but yeah, better to simplify08:59
didrockswe can reintroduce it later on08:59
didrocks(with the patch then)08:59
didrocksbut for now, let's keep it simple08:59
didrockscopyright is good :)08:59
didrocksI'm just unsure about one .install statement08:59
didrockswaiting for the build to finish, but the rest is good ;)08:59
didrockscan you check that --buildsystem=cmake is necessary?09:00
didrocksI didn't use that in other packages, it's detected automatically09:00
didrocksoh, maybe there are multiple build-system in it, let me check09:00
didrocksno, it's the only one09:00
didrockssil2100: in your next upload, do you mind trying to drop it? ^09:00
didrockssil2100: priority should be optional in debian/control09:01
didrocksand please, use the generic ML for the maintainer stenza09:01
didrocksyou don't want emails about the ins and outs of this package, I can ensure you :)09:01
seb128sil2100, did you see my question about unity's status earlier?09:01
didrocksI think the -dev should suggests the -doc09:02
didrocksPre-Depends: ${misc:Pre-Depends},09:02
didrocksis useless09:02
didrocks(but will be needed once you multiarch)09:02
didrocksand that's it, let's wait for the build to finish09:02
seb128why do we upload new libs as non-multiarch?09:02
didrocksand please ensure to the other french guy, it seems he tries to communicate ^ ;)09:02
seb128didrocks, thanks ;-)09:03
didrocksseb128: yeah, I'm a little bit disappointed :p09:03
didrocksnot a blocker, but should be fixed09:03
* didrocks starts to be as verbose as asac09:03
bdrungSweetshark: found a typo for 4.1: it's python3-uno, not python-uno309:03
* didrocks is now afraid/frightened/scared…09:03
seb128didrocks, time for you to come back to France soon09:04
didrocksright, this german influence is clearly bad09:04
sil2100seb128: ah!09:08
sil2100seb128: sorry, got carried away in the packaging - when were the 1.5 fixes uploaded just in case?09:09
seb128sil2100, after midnight, the build seems to have failed on armhf anyway, so maybe we should retry the stack?09:10
sil2100seb128: I'm asking because we still have all the failures as before09:10
sil2100seb128: yes, it's a FTBFS but since i386 was ok, it ran the tests but failed09:10
seb128was merged at 3:5109:10
sil2100hm, let's try a retry then, maybe it didn't get in in time?09:11
sil2100Since we run unity at 4:00, but maybe somehow hm09:11
sil2100I'll just check the changelog first09:11
sil2100seb128: ok, it seems the change didn't manage to get 'in'09:12
sil2100seb128: I'll re-run unity09:12
seb128sil2100, thanks09:13
didrockssil2100: just for my personal interest, at which % does the lucenec++ build finishes?09:19
didrocks(I'm at 127% right now)09:19
didrocksSweetshark: hey, around?09:30
asacdidrocks: you are doing the right thing :)09:31
* didrocks is even more scared that asac is approving it even09:31
didrocks"how can I get out of this trap?"09:31
didrocks(time for panicing I guess)09:31
asacdidrocks: i am supportive of trying out new models09:32
didrockscan you define a little bit more what's you're intent of "new models"?09:33
seb128asac, alexander "why would we use something that is working" sack? ;-)09:34
asacseb128: i haven't read what didrocks said :)09:34
desrtseb128: hey!09:34
asaci was just supportive about being verbose09:34
seb128desrt, hello09:34
seb128asac, I see ;-)09:34
desrtseb128: we're missing you09:34
seb128desrt, thanks, I miss you guys as well09:34
didrocksasac: speaking of new models, it seems that lucene++ cmake build goes up to 160%09:35
asacdidrocks: you mean CPU usage?09:36
seb128didrocks, did you just invent the perpetual motion/build? ;-)09:36
didrocksasac: no no, build progress :)09:36
Laneymaking /really/ sure it's built09:36
didrocksseb128: it's worse even, once it "finishes" to count, it's continuing building09:36
seb128didrocks, it's going to build *for ever* ;-)09:36
didrocksbut with no % at all now09:36
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
didrocksyeah, that's why I just plugged my laptop :)09:37
didrocksI'm sure it's based on asac's powerd telling he has a 300h+ battery09:37
seb128tkamppeter, hey, did you get any news from the cups-filter upstream/new poppler?09:37
seb128Sweetshark, ^ how is libreoffice/poppler going?09:37
seb128those are the remaining items for that transition09:37
* seb128 wonders where is mpt hiding today09:38
didrocksnot in my current room09:39
tkamppeterseb128, I got a patch today.09:41
seb128tkamppeter, great!09:42
seb128Laney, not sure if you saw that one: https://code.launchpad.net/~seb128/ubuntu-system-settings/sound-gsettings-silent-mode/+merge/177554 ... if you have some review time today ;-)09:57
=== vrruiz_ is now known as rvr
Laneyseb128: Sure. In a bit though - puzzling at gstreamer atm09:58
seb128Laney, no hurry, thanks09:58
Laneyseb128: did you follow that thread on ubuntu-phone about the API for determining if there's internet?09:58
LaneyI didn't manage to get any of the suggestions to work yet...09:59
LaneyNM always worked properly...09:59
* Laney coughs09:59
seb128Laney, it seems to me that we should fix the qtnetwork stuff to return a proper status09:59
seb128you are not the only one needed the status09:59
seb128e.g the downloader stuff that has been pointed needs that as well09:59
seb128can you maybe a bug and ping the sdk guys/Mirv about it?10:00
seb128open a bug*10:00
Laneythat thing they pointed me to is something else10:01
Laneythat's determining the type of connection you're on10:01
seb128Laney, well "do I have datas/can I use them" seems to be a pretty standard infos app are going to need/use10:03
seb128Laney, hum, I was speaking about "QNetworkAccessManager::networkAccessible():" ... is that giving the type of connection?10:05
Laneybut the reply that I got in the thread about the download manager10:06
Laneythey pointed to an mp which was about what I said10:06
seb128Laney, yeah, it's a bit confusing :/ Did you look at http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/qtnetwork/qnetworkconfiguration.html (there is one post from a guys saying he used that on the n9)10:09
* Laney tries that10:12
didrockssil2100: ok, so last thing, lucene++ has some copies of libraries, would be nice to see if it can use the system version10:19
didrocks(like waf)10:19
didrocksthat's going to be more a problem for main10:19
Laneyit lies and tells me I'm connected even when not10:19
sil2100didrocks: yes, I saw the lintian error with jquery, but thought that for now it's no a blocker10:20
sil2100didrocks: and as for waf, well... that too is a problem, but it's what we get in the tarball10:20
sil2100didrocks: so I guess we would have to discuss this with upstream to get those things fixed10:21
didrockssil2100: I don't really care for the jquery one TBH10:21
didrocksas it's part of building the documentaiton10:21
didrockswhich is offline10:21
sil2100didrocks: I'm modifying all the little things that you mentioned, doing some further clean ups now10:21
didrocksI'm NEWing meanwhile10:22
sil2100Just waiting until I can change the changelog to 'saucy' to push ;)10:22
ricotzhello desktopers10:27
ricotzpitti, hi, i guess the libgphoto2 transition is finished, but ia32-libs-multiarch:i386 is not installable10:29
RAOFWhy do we still have that package?10:29
pittiwe don't any more :)10:29
Laneywe don't10:29
seb128ricotz, it was deleted from the archive by pitti10:29
seb128ricotz, hey10:29
Laneythere should have been some fanfare in the removal message :-)10:29
pittiRIP, ia32-libs10:29
ricotzoh it was, hmm10:30
pittimay you hideous hack never ever come back10:30
ricotzhehe ;)10:30
ricotzsorry for he noise then :)10:33
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
tkamppeterlarsu, hi10:56
seb128tkamppeter, he's at GUADEC for a week, he might not around a lot11:19
seb128tkamppeter, is the cups-filter/poppler patch working? do you plan to upload it today?11:22
sil2100My PC overheated11:35
sil2100Building lucene++ and doing something else killed my PC ;)11:36
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
Mirvseb128: lp:u1db-qt updated with the renaming of the QML plugin12:09
seb128Mirv, thanks, I'm going to have another look and let you know if it's ready12:10
Mirvthank you12:13
larsutkamppeter: I'm here right now, what's up?12:53
larsuseb128: thanks for letting people know :)12:53
rickspencer3pitti, hey, how hard would it be to make ubuntu-bug work for the phone? like I plug my phone into my 'puter via USB?13:03
ogra_rickspencer3, i thought ev added it yesterday to eth image13:06
ogra_it should just work13:06
Sweetsha1kdidrocks: was of on a few call before vacation. wassup?13:41
didrocksSweetsha1k: wanted to ask you about lucene++13:41
didrocksSweetsha1k: IIRC, this is coming from libreoffice, right?13:42
Sweetsha1kdidrocks: you means its a dep of libreoffice?13:55
didrocksSweetsha1k: the question is if libreoffice have nothing to do it (like, the lucene++ code)?13:57
Sweetsha1kdidrocks: soo, we use some lucene for help index stuff IIRC. lemme check what exactly ...13:58
didrocksSweetsha1k: thanks! keep me posted :)13:59
Sweetsha1kdidrocks: so a quick git grep lucene on libeoffice/debian show a dep for libclucene-dev. Dunno if that pulls in lucene++ somehow indirectly.14:03
didrocksSweetsha1k: no, that's the "old" C version14:04
didrocksnot the C++ one14:04
pittirickspencer3: ubuntu-bug works in principle; I got a WI to work on a script to send them all to errors, supress Launchpad, and ask no questions14:20
pittirickspencer3: so that we can run that script after CI or image tests14:21
Sweetsha1kdidrocks: no traces of lucene++ in libreoffice 4.1 and 4.0 buildlogs either14:28
didrocksSweetsha1k: ok, thanks for confirming! :)14:28
seb128Sweetsha1k, hey, how is libreoffice/new poppler going?14:43
seb128kenvandine, Laney: https://code.launchpad.net/~seb128/ubuntu-system-settings/sound-gsettings-silent-mode/+merge/177554 ... review appreciated ;-) (sorry to be nagging, it's waiting for 2 days and I would add extra changes to store/read the ringtone etc, but I don't want to stack them on unapproved work if I can avoid it)14:53
Laneyam looking right now14:54
Laneywell, at jbicha's first14:54
Laneythen yours ;-)14:54
seb128Laney, he updated it?14:54
Laneyit has a pot update14:54
seb128Laney, I asked him to fix script/drop it yesterday14:55
seb128I didn't see emails since14:55
Laneythere's a change to that too14:55
LaneyI guess it is fixed14:55
seb128Laney, https://code.launchpad.net/~jbicha/ubuntu-system-settings/rename-call-diversion-to-forwarding/+merge/17784414:55
seb128Laney, that one? there is no activity since my "needs fixing"14:55
seb128new commits would show under my comment in the log14:55
Laneyoh ok14:55
Laneywell I'll follow up to delete it14:56
jbichaseb128: I don't know how to fix "make pot" to actually do what it's supposed to14:56
Laneyjbicha: unless you want to do it nwo14:56
jbichait looks like most of the phone stuff uses the CMake system instead14:56
seb128jbicha, ?14:58
seb128jbicha, make pot is already implement in po.pro14:58
seb128jbicha, or what do you mean?14:58
jbichawell I couldn't get this command to actually work?14:58
LaneyI just do cd po; qmake; make pot14:58
seb128jbicha, right, that's my point, http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jbicha/ubuntu-system-settings/rename-call-diversion-to-forwarding/revision/218/po/update_pot.sh doesn't make sense14:59
seb128jbicha, that command doesn't work, why did you change it? (just replace it by "make pot" or delete the file)14:59
jbichaok I can delete it easy but Laney's suggested way of updating the pot worked and seb128's way didn't14:59
seb128jbicha, I didn't suggest a way?15:00
seb128jbicha, I was pointing that http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jbicha/ubuntu-system-settings/rename-call-diversion-to-forwarding/revision/218/po/update_pot.sh seems weird since the new command you added doesn't work15:00
jbichacd po; rm ubuntu-system-settings.pot; cd ../src; make ../po/ubuntu-system-settings.pot was what you said yesterday15:00
seb128jbicha, right, I was wondering if it works for you15:00
seb128jbicha, or why you did that change if the command doesn't work15:01
seb128jbicha, if you read the log I wrote "does that work for you? I get "make: *** No rule to make target `../po/ubuntu-system-settings.pot'.  Stop.""15:01
jbichaok I misunderstood; pushed an update to the mp now15:05
seb128jbicha, thanks15:06
seb128jbicha, stop making unrelated changes :p15:07
seb128jbicha, what's the .build in bzrignore you just added?15:07
jbichauh, if you qmake; make; you get an extra .build directory that shouldn't be accidently bzr committed15:08
Laneyseems fine15:09
seb128jbicha, right, it's just weird to have cleanups "sneaked in with other changes"/not documented in the mp commit message15:09
seb128I prefer having commits by logical units15:09
seb128like one for the rename, then one for the build system cleans15:10
seb128but I'm not going to be picky on that one, approving15:10
jbichaok thanks15:10
Sweetsha1kseb128: libreoffice vs. poppler work.15:11
Sweetsha1kseb128: libreoffice wins of course in that duell.15:11
seb128Sweetsha1k, can we can a saucy upload?15:11
seb128can we get*15:12
Sweetsha1kseb128: yes, I will do a ppa build ~tonight, dump it to the ppa tomorrow and hand you a saucy package along with that.15:13
Sweetsha1kdebians alioth doesnt seem to take the heat too well.15:14
Laneydpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgphoto2-2_2.5.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack): libgphoto2-2:i386 2.5.2-0ubuntu1 (Multi-Arch: no) is not co-installable with libgphoto2-2 which has multiple installed instances15:22
Laneywould M-A: foreign fix that?15:23
Laneypitti: ^15:23
qenghoI'm looking for a new video card. Who loves what they have for how it works really well with no hassle?  No gaming here.15:25
jbichaattente: desrt: I've got 2 bugs for you guys with the new GLib.Icon.serialize, bug 1205562 and bug 120740815:37
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1205562 in gdk-pixbuf (Ubuntu) "[background] wallpapers in grid are too small, take long time to load" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/120556215:37
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1207408 in gnome-contacts (Ubuntu) "gnome-contacts fails to build: memory-icon.vala:29.1-29.63: error: `Contacts.MemoryIcon' does not implement interface method `GLib.Icon.serialize" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/120740815:37
ricotzjbicha, the gnome-contacts one looks like a vala bindings problem and using vala master should work15:39
jbichaok, can we get that fixed in saucy? :)15:41
attentejbicha, i'll take another look at it15:41
ricotzjbicha, this is a simple rebuild of the current saucy package of gnome-contacts?15:43
jbicharicotz: yes; I was trying to update to 3.8.3 but it fails at the same spot with current saucy packaging15:44
jbichaseb128: attente: I assume indicator-keyboard won't land in main this week?15:45
ricotzjbicha, valac --version?15:46
ricotzmake sure it is at least 0.2015:46
seb128jbicha, not sure, why?15:46
seb128jbicha, mterry reviewed it but he said he couldn't comment on the MIR because the package is not in the archive yet15:46
seb128jbicha, I wonder how you managed to file a bug against a package not in the archive btw15:47
attentericotz, that's because of a missing method implementation, no?15:47
mterryseb128, err...  Yeah, last problem was just me running into test failures locally and in a pbuilder15:47
jbichaseb128: isn't it your job to NEW stuff? ;)15:47
Laneyit's a launchpad thing15:47
Laneyyou get Ubuntu bug pages for packages in PPAs15:47
jbicharicotz: yes I'm using sbuild which is using valac 0.20.1-2ubuntu2 by default15:47
seb128jbicha, some of the stuff was to be fixed for NEW, let me check if that has happened15:47
ricotzattente, jbicha, ok, the 3-8 git branch builds fine here with 0.20 and 0.21+15:48
seb128jbicha, the fixes have been merged but we didn't have an upload15:48
ricotzjbicha, i guess there are patches15:48
seb128sil2100, what's the status of the indicator stack?15:49
jbichaseb128: I can do another upload from lp:indicator-keyboard; I'm a bit confused as to what version number I should be using...15:49
seb128hum, it's green15:49
seb128jbicha, oh, you did manual upload? that's why it didn't autoland :p15:49
seb128sil2100, alesage: why isn't indicator-keyboard in autolanding?15:50
attentemterry, the indicator-keyboard tests are failing for you?15:50
pittiLaney: hm, "foreign" sounds wrong though15:50
pittiLaney: sec, phone15:51
mterryattente, yeah15:51
Laneypitti: not sure how that would interact with an upgrade15:51
attentecan you paste the tests/test-suite.log?15:51
pittiLaney: libgphoto2 packaging is so broken, I can't imagine how it would ever work with MA15:51
alesageseb128, apologies--fginther do you have a moment to do a Jenkins job deploy?  indicator-keyboard config is new15:51
Laneythe lib was MA: same15:51
pittiLaney: is that a new thing you get during upgrade?15:52
Laneyit's because the transitional package isn't15:52
Laneymaybe just make that MA same too15:52
pittiLaney: the transitional package can certainly be M-A: same, but I'm not sure how much that would help for the actual lib; it can't work with M-A15:52
tkamppeterseb128, cups-filters fixed upstream: https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=114415:52
ubot2`bugs.linuxfoundation.org bug 1144 in cups-filters "cups-filters compile fails since poppler-0.23" [Major,Resolved: fixed]15:52
pittiLaney: yeah, that would be no problem15:52
attentealesage, were the indicator-keyboard tests passing for you?15:52
jbichaseb128: i-keyboard is only in NEW but you can reject it if it's causing problems15:52
seb128tkamppeter, thanks, will you upload the fix to saucy?15:53
alesageattente, I was able to build in Jenkins, let me get a link15:53
seb128jbicha, it's not causing problem, no worry15:53
Laneypitti: TBH I don't know why I had multiple instances of it installed15:53
Laneybut it was at least allowed by the packaging :P15:53
pittiLaney: oh, on second look it could actually work15:54
pittiLaney: I avoided making the transitional package arch: all to not break multi-arch, but I guess I just forgot teh M-A: same15:54
seb128Laney, tell doko he can forward his bugs to Debian himself :p15:58
pittiLaney: I'll upload a libgphoto with M-A15:59
Laneypitti: great15:59
Laneyhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgphoto2/+bug/1206973 FYI16:00
ubot2`Ubuntu bug 1206973 in libgphoto2 (Ubuntu) "package libgphoto2-2 2.4.14-2.3ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: libgphoto2-2:amd64 2.5.2-0ubuntu1 (Multi-Arch" [Undecided,Confirmed]16:00
Laneynaughty person using proposed16:00
pittiLaney: oh, right before dput, thanks! will link16:00
=== Sweetsha1k is now known as Sweetshark
ricotzjbicha, i can confirm the problem with the saucy vala-0.20 package, it builds fine with vanilla vala 0.20.1 and 0.21/2216:07
ricotz< gnome-contacts16:08
ricotzjbicha, the vala gio-2.0 patch is not up2date16:10
ricotz-               public abstract GLib.Variant serialize ();16:10
ricotz+               public virtual GLib.Variant serialize ();16:10
jbicharicotz: if you submit a regular debdiff I can ... ask someone else to upload it for you ;)16:14
jbichayou could even attach the patch to the bug and subscribe ubuntu-sponsors16:14
alesageseb128, fginther wants to verify that you've reviewed indicator-keyboard16:17
alesageseb128, fginther --e.g. should we find it in the daily release, etc.?16:18
fgintherseb128, has the integration team reviewed it?16:18
seb128alesage, fginther: I did, it has been uploaded manually in saucy and I'm waiting for the changes that landed in trunk to be uploaded to accept it to Ubuntu16:18
ricotzjbicha, done16:18
fgintherattente, can you confirm that indicator-keyboard is ready for daily-release?16:20
jbicharicotz: thank you16:21
ricotzjbicha, this might be not the only problem of that gio backport patch16:24
attentefginther, yes, it's ready16:25
fgintherattente, thanks!16:29
didrockssil2100: do you mind looking at that one if it's ready? ^16:34
xnoxis it known that webapps session migration crashes in live cd and right after install?16:46
xnoxHm, where does unity store .desktop files that are fauvarites on the launcher?16:58
Sweetsharkseb128: https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen/+archive/libreoffice-staging/+sourcepub/3400578/+listing-archive-extra <- this is building in the ppa and (locally) against -proposed/new poppler.16:59
Sweetsharkseb128: Ill dump a non-ppa version on p.c.c tomorrow and keep you posted if there are any desasters from reported from the ppa.17:00
jbichaxnox: gsettings get com.canonical.Unity.Launcher favorites17:06
xnoxjbicha: thanks.17:07
xnoxbug 120631417:07
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1206314 in webapps-applications (Ubuntu) "install-default-webapps-in-launcher.py crashed with signal 5 in g_settings_get_mapped()" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/120631417:07
=== sabdfl_ is now known as sabdfl
ricotzSweetshark, hi, i am curious why didn't you include the changes of 1:4.1.0-3 ?17:37
Sweetsharkricotz: heh, because alioth is down most of the time and I didnt see _rene_ continued working on master instead of debian-experimental-4.117:43
ricotzSweetshark, PTS isnt down ;) http://packages.qa.debian.org/libr/libreoffice.html https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libreoffice17:45
Sweetsharkricotz: ah there they are! ;) "move liblpsolve55.so into -core if used internally" and "control.librelogo.in: depend on -script-provider-python instead of "just" ${pyuno-depends}" are actually inspired by me ;)17:45
Sweetsharkricotz: so yeah, I want them in, but I rather drop this release as is to saucy.17:46
ricotzSweetshark, alright17:47
Sweetsharkricotz: e.g. python needs some more PYTHONPATH fixes after -3 anyway ...17:47
ricotzSweetshark, don't forget to consider mdds and harfbuzz too17:47
Sweetsharkricotz: yes. next upload.17:47
seb128Sweetshark, thanks17:47
ricotzSweetshark, not sure if this already creates issue while using graphite and not harfbuzz17:48
Sweetsharkricotz: this upload needs to go in now as a/ I will be on vacation soon b/ otherwise we will be ftbfs after the poppler transition17:48
ricotzmeaning system vs internal17:48
ricotzSweetshark, right, it is ok17:48
bschaeferjibel, ping18:48

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!