=== michi__ is now known as michi
=== michi is now known as Guest35414
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
=== jono is now known as Guest5052
=== tvoss_ is now known as tvoss|flaky_wire
=== jamesh_ is now known as jamesh
=== tvoss|flaky_wire is now known as tvoss|test
=== tvoss|test is now known as tvoss|flaky
=== seb128_ is now known as seb128
Cimimzanetti, ping08:33
Cimiah ok he's on holiday08:34
Saviqmhr3, we need to re-search when form_factor changes08:54
Saviqmhr3, with the branch you posted, the binding isn't setting the form factor early enough - the initial, empty search is already sent out08:55
mhr3Saviq, makes sense, will add it to my category override branch, k?08:55
Saviqmhr3, yeah08:55
mhr3Saviq, although it kinda sucks08:55
Saviqmhr3, I know08:55
Saviqmhr3, but I've no idea how to make it better08:56
Saviqmhr3, other than hardcoding it "lower" in the stack - which sucks more08:56
mhr3could make the first search a bit more delayed i guess08:56
mhr3s/a bit more//08:57
CimiSaviq, how do I test the failing autopilot?08:57
SaviqCimi, the small branch I just posted08:57
CimiSaviq, the diff?08:57
SaviqCimi, no idea what you mean ;)08:57
CimiSaviq, I meant, I want to make autopilot to fail with my branch08:58
CimiSaviq, so I know when I fix it :)08:58
SaviqCimi, just write the test that fails08:58
CimiSaviq, test shouldn't fail, should revert to default bg08:58
SaviqCimi, ah that's what you mean08:58
Cimiso i need to test if it reverts08:59
SaviqCimi, just write more tests for the background08:59
CimiI think autopilot fails because doesn't have gsettings or so08:59
CimiI had this concern, the piece of coe in shell.qml was written by michael08:59
SaviqCimi, no, it fails because there are no wallpapers installed in jenkins08:59
Cimibecause my original code was much longer08:59
Cimiand we were discussing about this possible failure09:00
Cimihere we go09:00
SaviqCimi, there's at least two more tests that need to be added09:00
CimiI wonder why CI merged it in the first place :\09:00
SaviqCimi, yeah, that's weird09:00
SaviqCimi, 1) that it reverts back to the default on failure09:00
SaviqCimi, 2) that it doesn't reset the GSettings value09:00
SaviqCimi, as looking at the code I believe 2) isn't correct either09:00
SaviqCimi, add those two tests in tst_Shell.qml09:01
SaviqCimi, and you'll know whether it's working or not09:01
SaviqCimi, then we can test with ap09:01
Saviqmhr3, could you include the "re-search onFormFactorChanged" with the scopes-send-form-factor branch instead?09:02
Saviqmhr3, and drop the Timer from ScopeView.qml, too - it doesn't do anything09:02
mhr3Saviq, ok09:02
Saviqmhr3, we can make "phone" the default form factor for now09:03
Saviqmhr3, and later we'll know early on start, too09:03
Saviqmhr3, as in, m_formFactor("phone") in Scope::Scope()09:04
Saviqinstead of the Binding { }09:04
Saviqmhr3, but still we should re-search onFormFactorChanged, probably09:04
Saviqdednick, a medium-priority bug #1207269 for you09:06
ubot5bug 1207269 in Unity 8 "Indicator animation slow with Qt 5.1" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/120726909:07
Saviqdednick, also https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity8/reenable-battery-drag-test/+merge/17891109:07
Saviqdednick, one thing about ↑ is that on Manta it took quite a long time to complete the swiping test (it would drag it down to 0)09:10
Saviqdednick, so we might want to fix that as part of the merge09:10
dednickSaviq: hm. ok, i havent tried 5.1 yet. just downloaded yesterday09:11
nic-doffaySaviq, give me a shout when you have a moment.09:12
dednickSaviq: will try get to it today09:12
Saviqdednick, 5.1 meaning Qt 5.109:15
Saviqdednick, it's not in any image09:15
Saviqdednick, it's in ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-beta-proper09:15
Saviqdednick, so it's really preparation work09:15
Saviqdednick, and as mentioned - medium priority09:16
Saviqnic-doffay, SHOUT!09:16
dednickSaviq: ah, didnt realise we had a ppa for 5.1. i d/led from website09:16
nic-doffaySaviq, so I got a new brief from design for this option selector. The animations are more complicated. It's going to need a lot of redoing. Does it make sense to at this point?09:17
Saviqnic-doffay, is there anything I can see?09:17
nic-doffaySaviq, yeah let me forward you a mail.09:17
nic-doffaySome are easily accomplished early on the timeline. But others are more complicated. It would require procedural animations triggering each other upon completion instead of just simple state changes/transitions.09:18
nic-doffaySaviq, ^09:18
Saviqnic-doffay, transitions can have SequentialAnimations in them09:19
Saviqnic-doffay, so that's not necessarily difficult09:19
Saviqnic-doffay, but let me see what you got09:19
nic-doffaySaviq, that does help!09:19
nic-doffaySaviq, sent.09:20
Saviqnic-doffay, thanks09:20
Saviqnic-doffay, it looks fine - not complicated that much09:25
mhr3Saviq, hmm, there's something really odd, unity sends two Search()es on startup, the first one has the form-factor, the second doesn't... will try to fix that and then the Binding should be good enough09:25
nic-doffaySaviq, would you just recommend SequentialAnimations in transitions to accomplish that?09:25
Saviqmhr3, see if the Timer isn't causing that09:25
Saviqnic-doffay, only thing I'm afraid of is the "catching-up" of the selected items when the list contracts09:25
Saviqnic-doffay, as we've seen that if you select Option 4, it wouldn't always remain on screen09:26
nic-doffaySaviq, yeah that's what I was most concerned about myself.09:26
Saviqnic-doffay, but we can treat that as a bug for the time being09:26
Saviqnic-doffay, the rest should be easily achievable09:26
nic-doffaySaviq, the main thing I was wondering how to achieve with transitions was the fade out tick completely then fade in chevron etc.09:27
Saviqnic-doffay, yeah, SequentialAnimation09:27
Saviqnic-doffay, it should be a single image, even09:28
Saviqnic-doffay, just SequentialAnimation { UbuntuNumberAnimation { fade_out }; PropertyAction { change_source }; UbuntuNumberAnimation { fade_in } } or similar09:29
nic-doffaySaviq, yep I get that part but in the state you can only set a to: and from:09:29
Saviqnic-doffay, http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtquick/qtquick-statesanimations-animations.html#transitions-during-state-changes09:30
Saviqnic-doffay, it will be a little bit more complicated, as you need to "propagate" the state to the delegates09:30
nic-doffaySaviq, I've implemented that already.09:31
Saviqnic-doffay, just run for it, you'll manage09:31
Saviqnic-doffay, and if you have any issues in particular, ask09:31
Saviqnic-doffay, but it's doable relatively easily09:31
Saviqnic-doffay, you're overthinking it ;)09:31
nic-doffaySaviq, it's mainly that fade in/fade out I was wondering about.09:31
Saviqnic-doffay, ok cool09:31
Saviqnic-doffay, I'd probably just have a single SequentialAnimation that would be triggered onIconSourceChanged09:32
dednickanyone know much about qt event loops?09:32
Saviqnic-doffay, that would just take all your cases into account09:32
Saviqtsdgeos, your cue ↑↑ ;)09:32
Saviqnic-doffay, it's a sort of CrossFadeImage, really09:32
Saviqnic-doffay, so think if we couldn't use that - adding the possibility for it to be sequential and not parallel09:33
tsdgeosdednick: some, what's up?09:33
dednicktsdgeos: :) specifically related to the loopLevel. would a loop level 2 be a eventLoop inside loop level 1?09:34
tsdgeosdednick: i'd say so, es09:35
tsdgeoses -> yes09:35
dednicktsdgeos: i'm actually wondering if you know the event loop "structure" of a running app? where gui events come in vs glib events.09:36
tsdgeosi used to, but it's one of the things you forget easily :D I'd say "there's probably not a but in the event handling" but i found a bug there a few years ago so i won't say it09:37
tsdgeoslet me try to refresh my memory09:37
tsdgeosit was 4.x times too, may have changed a bit since then09:38
dednicktsdgeos: it relates to a problem i'm seeing with dbus signals generating qt events not being processed.09:38
tsdgeosdednick: so you have a dbus object that doesn't recive its signal?09:42
dednicktsdgeos: a dbus signal is causing the deletion of an object through a listview, but the deleteLater issued by the listview for the delegate is never actually actioned because the loopLevels dont match what is expected.09:44
LCID_FireI see my application icon/name correctly in dash, but when I open it, it does not show up in the taskbar.09:45
LCID_FireHover on tasks gives me "untitled window"09:46
LCID_Firewhere does it read these settings from?`09:46
tsdgeosdednick: wow09:46
nic-doffaySaviq, this is how I'm currently attempting it. https://pastebin.canonical.com/95553/09:46
nic-doffayThe main thing I'm wondering about is how to set opacity via the state to properly work during the transition.09:47
nic-doffay(obviously needs some amendments to match the brief still)09:47
nic-doffayThis is regarding only the image.09:47
nic-doffayon the right09:47
dednicktsdgeos: yeah, it's really weird. i'm not really sure what's going on.09:47
dednicktsdgeos: if i change the connection between dbus and qt to Qt::QueuedConnection, it works.09:48
dednicktsdgeos: but i'm trying to understand why :)09:48
tsdgeosdednick: change it where?09:49
dednickthe dbus signal handler sends an invokeMethod to qt. I changed that to use QueuedConnection09:50
dednicktsdgeos: it's not dbus directly. it's gmenumodel09:50
Saviqnic-doffay, yeah, that looks too complicated to be in all of the delegates09:51
tsdgeosdednick: ah, ok09:51
Saviqnic-doffay, I'd look into CrossFadeImage to see how usefult it'd be (I imagine it'd be simple to make it sequential instead of parallel)09:51
dednicktsdgeos: i guess maybe dbus signals are processed on a lower loop level than the ui runs?09:52
tsdgeosshould not09:52
dednicktsdgeos: being glib09:52
nic-doffaySaviq, that method didn't work anyway.09:53
tsdgeosdednick: but may be09:53
nic-doffayWhat was confusing me was how to change the state between chevron and tick and fade in /out.09:53
tsdgeosto be honest without having some time to devote to it i'm mostly guessing :D09:53
nic-doffayBut I'll look into CrossFadeImage.09:54
tsdgeosand it seems you've already put that time on it09:54
Saviqnic-doffay, just look at the expanded property of the OptionSelector in the delegates09:54
Saviqnic-doffay, and change the image accordingly09:54
dednicktsdgeos: i have absolutely no idea about the levels. :) i was just guessing myself. maybe i'll take a look into that now.09:54
tsdgeosdednick: levels is just a loop inside a loop09:55
tsdgeosquestion is, why we have a loop of level 209:55
Saviqnic-doffay, if needed, some additional booleans (to cater for the pause from the brief) might be needed09:55
Saviqnic-doffay, again, you'll get there09:55
tsdgeosthat's evil and we should never have loops inside loops if possible09:55
dednicktsdgeos: ahha. qt loves loops in loops.09:56
tsdgeosdednick: hmmm, not really09:56
dednicktsdgeos: that's how modal dialogs work isnt it?09:56
tsdgeosthey are heavly discouraged09:56
dednicktsdgeos: used to be anyway09:56
nic-doffaySaviq, where can I find info on CrossFadeImage?09:59
Saviqnic-doffay, http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/ubuntu-12.10/qml/mobile/qml-crossfadeimage.html10:00
CimiSaviq, why 12.10 and not 13.10?10:18
SaviqCimi, that's just where they are10:19
SaviqCimi, no more reasons10:19
Cimiyeah but it's confusing :P10:19
CimiI was wondering that the other day10:19
tsdgeosSaviq: greyback: all: can you guys have a look at https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/category-expansion/+merge/178726 ? I'm not really happy how i'm "exporting" the expandable/filtered status so that the header can show the correct image, but can't think of any other way at the moment10:43
Saviqtsdgeos, will do10:43
greybacktsdgeos: sure, once I'm done with your other MR10:43
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
CimiSaviq, I'll keep working on the bug tonight, I have afternoon off (too blody hot here to work)… I started doing tests and now I am thinking how to fix the code11:10
SaviqCimi, cool, tests failing?11:13
nic-doffaySaviq, I've managed to get something similar. My methods drastically differed though.11:15
nic-doffayI did use the CrossFadeImage though.11:15
nic-doffayIt handled a lot of what I was wondering about.11:16
Saviqnic-doffay, so you're probably unsetting its source and setting it again later?11:16
Saviqnic-doffay, so that it fades out and back in?11:16
nic-doffaySaviq, yeah.11:16
Saviqnic-doffay, yeah, would be better to just build a "sequential" mode into it11:16
Saviqnic-doffay, so that when you set the new source you're done with it11:17
Saviqnic-doffay, and it would internally fade the image out, replace the source, fade it in again11:17
nic-doffaySaviq, next step is to handle the ShaderEffect I had applied to the image.11:17
nic-doffaythe one which colours the component.11:17
nic-doffayIt's a bit more complicated with CrossFadeImage.11:17
Saviqtsdgeos, instead of the toggleCollapse on all of the delegates, maybe would be easier to just change the delegates' state if (expandedIndex == index)?11:18
Saviqnic-doffay, do we actually need to color it?11:19
Saviqnic-doffay, we probably do, for theming, yeah11:19
nic-doffaySaviq, yeah def.11:19
nic-doffaySaviq, and it's better colouring it with a shader then having more assets.11:20
Saviqnic-doffay, yeah yeah, thing is that Icon { } handles it internally11:20
Saviqnic-doffay, maybe we should have a CrossFadeIcon that would use Icon { }s instead of Image { }s11:21
tsdgeosSaviq: not sure if i understand that11:21
Saviqtsdgeos, you have toggleCollapse() on the delegate11:21
tsdgeosyou mean i can do it on the header code?11:21
Saviqtsdgeos, that looks for the currently expanded item and un-expands it11:21
Saviqtsdgeos, but because there can only ever be a single expanded item11:22
Saviqtsdgeos, the delegate could just change state if expandedIndex is its index11:22
Saviqtsdgeos, so that toggleCollapse would just change the expandedIndex11:22
CimiSaviq, yes11:22
SaviqCimi, good11:22
CimiSaviq, will make it not fail :P11:22
tsdgeosah, you mean filter: expandedIndex != index11:23
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah more or less11:23
Saviqtsdgeos, the toggleCollapse is too complicated for sure11:23
tsdgeosSaviq: sure, that works, i am not worried about that, i'm more worried about the sectionDelegate storing a "pointer" to the delegate11:23
Saviqtsdgeos, we could have Binding { }s in the delegate itself11:28
Saviqtsdgeos, to ListView.section11:29
Saviqor not, that would just be the text, right?11:29
tsdgeosthe delegate and the section don't really know eachother11:30
tsdgeosi added that item(index) funciton to LVWPH so that the sectiondelegate can query the delegate11:30
tsdgeosit will work since we never kill the delegate without killing the sectiondelegate11:30
tsdgeosbut feels a bit weird11:30
nic-doffaySaviq, who should I chat to about that Icon in CrossFadeImage?11:38
Saviqnic-doffay, Kaleo was reviewing it originally11:39
Saviqdednick, we don't need the .qmltypes in packages, do we?11:40
dednickSaviq: packages being?11:40
Saviqdednick, the .debs11:40
Saviqdednick, they're only used for qtcreator to do its magic11:40
Saviqdednick, but then it should be enough for us to have them generated locally11:41
Saviqdednick, and anyway it feels like we should have the .qmltypes static in our source tree11:41
Saviqdednick, at least when we stabilize, of course11:41
dednickSaviq: ah. well they are helpfull for projects outside unity8 because we import from packages. And if anyone decides to import from us...11:41
Saviqdednick, which they shouldn't ;)11:41
Saviqdednick, I'll go for a "if there's no qmlplugindump, don't fail" for now11:43
dednickSaviq: ok11:43
Saviqdednick, needed for cross builds11:43
Saviqtsdgeos, I think it's ok, nothing better comes to mind11:47
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|lunch
dednickWOOOOO. finally figured out this damn event loop crap.12:04
dednickonly taken 3 days...12:04
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
greybackanyone using today's image having problems with wifi?12:09
greybackreboot seems to have sorted it. /unmsg all12:12
larsuso I'm writing a QQuickImageProvider for themed icons, and I'm wondering when requestedSize is set. Does anyone know?12:30
larsuit's not when using it from an Image element (component?) and setting its width/height12:31
larsuah, sourceSize. Weird.12:32
tsdgeosgreyback: yeah same happened here last time12:34
tsdgeosdednick: cool, explain!12:34
dednicktsdgeos: the glib event dispatcher doesnt increment the loopLevel before running g_main_context_iteration, which i think it is supposed to.12:35
greybacklarsu: it's useful for things like SVG, as the SVG is converted into a pixmap, and that pixmap is held in memory. Then Image width/height scales that pixmap12:35
dednicktsdgeos: either that, or we should always be using queued connections from glib events...12:36
tsdgeosdednick: qmenumodel is sending a glib events or is processing glib events?12:36
larsugreyback: yeah I just figured that having source and display size separately is indeed a good idea. For example, the Image component gets resized when width/height aren't given12:36
dednicktsdgeos: processing glib events, and doing things which end up posting to qcorepplication.12:38
tsdgeosdednick: i see, we're on the bleeding edge and got cut :D12:38
greybacklarsu: yep12:38
dednicktsdgeos: i havent tried 5.1 it might be fixed there.12:38
tsdgeosdednick: cleeding edge "feature wse" i meant12:39
tsdgeosi guess not much people is processing glib events in qt apps12:39
dednicktsdgeos: indeed12:39
dednicki've got a test app which reproduces the issue now, so i'll just post a bug to qt12:39
tsdgeosdednick: i'd suggest you engage with people at #qt-labs or the mailing list, bugs seem to be "low" in priority this days from what i see12:41
tsdgeosi.e. much easier to get answers12:41
dednicktsdgeos: ah. ok, i'll try that12:42
=== alan_g|lunch is now known as alan_g
MacSlowlarsu, ping12:50
larsuMacSlow: hey12:51
=== _salem is now known as salem_
=== greyback is now known as greyback|lunch
mterryMy sound seems broken in saucy now.  Is that true for anyone else?13:22
Saviqmterry, seems to work here13:22
seb128mterry, where/how broken?13:25
mterryseb128, I'm actually seeing lots of weirdness13:26
mterryseb128, so no devices show up in the system settings sound panel.  no sound indicator13:26
mterryseb128, also, g-s-d, indicator-datetime, and deja-dup-monitor are all CPU spinning it seems13:26
seb128mterry, laney has been hitting issues where /run/user/1000/pulse was owned by root and breaking stuff13:26
seb128mterry, maybe that's what you get?13:27
mhr3Saviq, once i have support for the overridden categories, where would the actual call to it go? inside GenericScopeView?13:27
mterryseb128, I don't have anything under /run/user13:27
Saviqmhr3, we'll still need DashHome / DashApps, that would be small subclasses of GenericScopeView13:27
Saviqmhr3, just setting the overrides up13:28
seb128mterry, are you talking about touch or desktop?13:28
mterryseb128, desktop13:28
seb128how is that possible?13:28
mhr3Saviq, hm, ok13:28
seb128mterry, do you have libpam-systemd installed?13:30
=== greyback|lunch is now known as greyback
mterryseb128, yup, latest13:30
seb128mterry, weird, did you screw your pam stack?13:31
mterryseb128, I haven't played with that recently, no13:31
seb128mterry, logind should create a /run/user/<uid> for every user at login and make e.g XDG_RUNTIME_DIR point to that dir13:31
seb128mterry, that's what e.g dconf is using13:31
didrockssounds familiar to me :)13:31
seb128didrocks, how did you fix it?13:32
didrocks(what I had with the pam stack screwed up and no good group)13:32
mterryseb128, XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is set to /run/user/100113:32
didrocksI rm my diverged conffiles13:32
mterryBut that doesn't exist13:32
seb128mterry, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/116283613:32
ubot5Launchpad bug 1162836 in likewise-open (Ubuntu Precise) "likewise screws up PAM configuration for other services" [Medium,Fix released]13:32
didrocksand rerun libpam-systemd post-inst13:32
seb128mterry, ignore that, wrong bug13:32
ubot5Launchpad bug 1176910 in pam (Ubuntu) "pam-auth-update can fail during raring -> saucy upgrade leading you to a broken session" [Undecided,Invalid]13:32
didrocksseb128: I think you wanted that one? ^ (mine)13:33
seb128mterry, ^ check if you are in that case13:33
seb128didrocks, yes13:33
seb128didrocks, though I doubt it's it13:33
didrocksyeah, just give it a shot in any case ;)13:33
seb128mterry has XDG_RUNTIME_DIR correctly set13:33
seb128mterry, anything in syslog about that?13:34
seb128mterry, does it persist across reboots?13:34
mterryseb128, yes, it persists13:34
seb128mterry, is pam_systemd.so listed in /etc/pam.d/common-session ?13:34
mterryseb128, it is now, but I just ran pam-auth-update manually, and didn't check beforehand.  Will reboot in case I fixed something13:36
mterryer, log out and in again13:36
mterryseb128, no luck13:38
seb128mterry, nothing in /var/log/auth.log or syslog?13:38
seb128mterry, mount | grep /run/user ?13:39
mterrynone on /run/user type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=104857600,mode=0755)13:41
seb128that seems fine13:41
seb128can you mkdir a dir in there?13:41
mterryAug  7 08:33:59 conga systemd-logind[674]: Failed to create /run/user: File exists13:42
mterryIs that a normal thing?13:42
mterrysure, root can mkdir there13:42
seb128normal user?13:42
seb128mterry, no, that's not normal13:43
seb128# ls -ld /run/user13:43
seb128drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60 Aug  7 13:42 /run/user13:43
mterryseb128, no, but they shouldn't be able to, eh?13:43
seb128they should13:43
seb128it's a tmpfs13:43
seb128the subdirs should be owned by the respective user13:43
mterrydrwx------ 2 root root 40 Aug  7 09:42 /run/user13:43
mterryseb128, sure, but I don't have any  subdirs13:43
seb128mterry, try to sudo rmdir it and reboot13:43
mterryseb128, my /run/user is empty13:44
seb128mterry, seems like because of the permissions being wrong13:44
mterryseb128, but even in your /run/user, the 'other' group can't create subdirs13:44
seb128you are right13:44
seb128they are created through pam13:45
seb128mterry, https://bugs.launchpad.net/session-manager-touch/+bug/120689713:45
ubot5Launchpad bug 1206897 in ubuntu-touch-session (Ubuntu) "logind fails to work, falling back to ConsoleKit when /run/users has wrong permissions" [High,Triaged]13:45
seb128seems a bit similar13:45
seb128mterry, did you play with mir?13:45
mterryMy syslog is full of pulse freaking out about no run dir13:45
mterryseb128, yes, I'm running mir now13:45
seb128mterry, ok, that's this bug I just pointed then13:45
seb128mterry, fix the permission on the dir and you should be fine13:46
mterryseb128, all better, thanks13:54
seb128mterry, yw!13:56
seb128mterry, did you run the touch session script on your desktop? or do we have something else break the permissions on that dir?13:57
mterryseb128, I probably ran the touch session script13:57
seb128dednick, Saviq: hey, I'm looking at adding a screen brightness slider to system settings, I was trying to figure out how the current touch indicator one is done ... is indicator-battery the right codebase? it seems custom cpp code, is that going to change?14:04
Saviqseb128, yeah, it's going to be integrated into indicator-power, right dednick tedg ↑?14:05
seb128Saviq, the indicator design doesn't have that slider on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Power#Indicator14:06
dednickseb128: lp:indicator-power/phablet  is what we use on the phablet at the moment. will be replaced with indicator-power14:06
dednickseb128: and yes, the phablet version is packaged as indicator-battery14:07
seb128dednick, so standard unitymenumodel use?14:07
dednickseb128: yep14:07
seb128for the next one14:07
seb128I'm going to wait on that I guess14:07
* seb128 is trivial to find something to do which is not blocked on other pieces to land :p14:07
seb128Saviq, while you are there, you don't have a good heuristic to suggest to check from qml if the app is running on desktop or a device form factor?14:08
MacSlowlarsu, dednick: ok... let's put that discussion about the intended use of UnityMenuModel for the extended snap-decisions (http://ubuntuone.com/3plX5yStNdhHqFS4yLqtO4) here...14:10
dednicklarsu, MacSlow: so for the activate, if we need to send data, should this not be the 3rd param of "g_action_group_activate_action" with type validation against "g_menu_item_get_attribute_value(item, G_MENU_ATTRIBUTE_TARGET)" ?14:10
* dednick still doesnt know what a target is...14:11
larsudednick: read https://live.gnome.org/HowDoI/GAction14:12
dednickor rather typed against g_action_group_get_action_parameter_type14:12
larsudednick: this already happens automatically if you call model.activate(index)14:12
dednicklarsu: it looks like it's just sending the type, not data.14:13
larsudednick: you only need to do it manually for custom widgets, which unitymenumodel doesn't know anything about14:13
larsudednick: it sends whatever is in "target"14:13
larsudednick: in other words: if you worry about the target, you're doing it wrong :P14:13
dednicklarsu: why? the backend knows what target is surely?14:13
dednickas it set it..14:14
larsudednick: but the backend doesn't know from which menu item an action was activated, which is precisely what "target" does14:14
dednicklarsu: i see14:15
larsudednick: but as I said, please don't worry about the target14:15
MacSlowdednick, larsu: "An action supports two operations: activation, invoked with an optional parameter (of the correct type, see above)..." so it is meant to offer this type of functionality14:15
MacSlowdednick, larsu: I don't see anything wrong with having that also exposed through QMenuModel/UnityMenuModel14:16
dednicklarsu: we used to be able to send data with an activation in qdbusactiongroup14:16
larsuMacSlow: using actions would be okay (in fact, next gen notification spec will work with actions), but your dialog has nothing to do with a menu14:17
larsudednick: and you should still be able to do that, but you should not have to worry about it if it is data that comes from the backend anyway14:17
larsudednick: does the action.activate() you added not take a parameter?14:18
dednicklarsu: no. that's the point14:18
dednicklarsu: copied from model.activate(index)14:18
larsudednick: model.activate() calls into the tracker, which sets the target. action.activate() needs to take a param, so that you can set it from the custom widgets14:19
larsudednick: sorry I didn't catch that in the review, I'll add it14:19
MacSlowlarsu, dednick: When I define an action in model (on the backend) that takes a parameter, I can't trigger it on the frontend anymore... as it's probably no longer found be QMenuModel/UnityMenuModel because of the added parameter14:20
MacSlowlarsu, dednick: so I wait for that patch... I gladly test/review that with my proof-of-concept thing here14:21
larsuMacSlow: yes, but you're missing my point about GMenuModel being inappropriate for this case. Please extend fdo notifications instead.14:22
dednicklarsu: there isn't a model.activate() anymore. i didn't see a difference..14:22
MacSlowSaviq, ^14:22
MacSlowlarsu, I will use this via the notifications (with a new hint) in the end14:23
Saviqlarsu, we discussed this last week, didn't we?14:23
Saviqlarsu, fdo notifications isn't enough to be flexible enough14:24
Saviqwell, it's not flexible enough14:24
MacSlowlarsu, that "button.connect::login", the "::login"-part will not be used... I just added it because of your suggestion.14:24
Saviqand we're already (ab)using *MenuModels in other places, so it only feels right to only abuse a single thing14:24
larsuSaviq: we discussed this about the list of access points. I didn't know you want to make a toolkit out of it.14:25
larsuSaviq: fdo notifications can easily do this14:25
Saviqlarsu, again, not a toolkit, just maybe 4 types of renderings14:25
larsudednick: dude, you're right. Was I on crack when I reviewed this?! I'll fix it.14:25
Saviqlarsu, a password entry, a list of access points, a login (username/password) entry14:26
dednicklarsu: ta.14:26
MacSlowSaviq, larsu: btw... I will not expose a full set of toolkit... just two types of "dialogs" (one per added hint)... that's the current plan... finer changes might some along the way... and upon feedback I'll get once I present the fully working proof-of-concept thing14:26
Saviqlarsu, how can fdo notifications do this?14:27
MacSlowlarsu, ping/email me when you're done please14:27
larsuSaviq: I know that's what we agreed on, but that's not what MacSlow is doing. He has *one* additional notification type "use-gmenumodel" and tries to shoehorn the four dialogs through there14:27
Saviqlarsu, yeah, that's what I was considering as well, the differentiation between the dialogs would happen on the menumodel root type14:28
Saviqlarsu, we can do it either way, seemed more normal to just pass responsibility on to *MenuModel after you know you want to use a *MenuModel at all14:29
Saviqdon't see much difference/value between that and adding another hint to notifications to say which type of a dialog we're looking at14:30
larsuSaviq: right, but now we need to encode all of the ui in the menu and then aggregate data from all menuitems into a reply14:33
larsuwhich normal menus never do14:33
Saviqlarsu, not necessarily14:33
larsuhence this is not possible in GMenuModel14:33
Saviqlarsu, if we agree that there's a single action with a known name14:34
Saviqlarsu, that the password entry is supposed to "write" to, for example14:34
Saviqlarsu, that would be enough14:34
larsuSaviq: exactly, but for that the server needs to know about the exact type of the dialog14:34
Saviqlarsu, well, it's the server that initiates / builds the dialog, no?14:35
larsuwait, which side is the server for you?14:35
larsuI mean the thing displaying the notifications14:35
Saviqlarsu, how is that the server lol ;)14:35
Saviqlarsu, frontend / backend14:36
Saviqlarsu, shell is frontend14:36
larsuSaviq: https://developer.gnome.org/notification-spec/14:36
larsuthe server is the thing displaying notifications14:36
Saviqlarsu, anyway, it can know that later, after having talked to the MenuModel, looking at the root type14:36
=== mpt_ is now known as mpt
larsuokay so now the server nees to know about the specific types of dialogs14:37
larsuwhy in the world are we still encoding them as a menu model?14:37
larsuthe server knows what it is, it could jut slap the two text boxes on there14:37
Saviqlarsu, yes, that's what I want, the menumodel just needs to have actions to allow communication between the backend and frontend14:37
larsushit, I said server again. Sorry :)14:38
Saviqlarsu, I don't want / care for the menumodel to say:14:38
Saviq- root type: log entry14:38
Saviq| - label: "Username"14:38
Saviq| - text_entry14:38
Saviq| - label: "Password"14:38
Saviq| - password_entry14:38
Saviq| - buttons14:38
Saviq|   - cancel_button14:39
Saviq|    - ok_button14:39
Saviq-[ ]14:39
Saviqlarsu, we just need text_entry, password_entry and a button14:39
MacSlowSaviq, that's what I'm currently doing... http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/595877814:39
larsuwe need *nothing*14:39
larsuonly a simple notification type: password-entry-dialog14:40
Saviqlarsu, how do we then pass the password back to the service?14:40
larsuSaviq: an action14:41
Saviqlarsu, and the state of the buttons (for they have to be disabled while you've not typed enough characters for a WEP password, for example)14:41
Saviqlarsu, yeah, that's what I meant14:41
larsuright, that can be enceoded in the dialog shell-side14:41
Saviqlarsu, that's pushing too much towards the shell, IMO, but that's a detail14:42
Saviqlarsu, can be solved with an action just as well14:42
larsuI agree, but the shell needs to know about this anyway14:42
larsugmenumodel is not smart enough for dialogs14:43
larsuobviously, because it's for MENUS14:43
Saviqlarsu, yeah, of course14:44
Saviqlarsu, there would be an action "button_active" or something that the shell will look for14:45
Saviqlarsu, and activate / deactivate the button based on it14:45
Saviqlarsu, but the UI itself would be static - built in the shell from the start14:45
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|tea
SaviqMacSlow, larsu, so yes, we don't want a real menu structure in there, just a set of predefined actions14:45
Saviqlarsu, agreed?14:46
larsuI don't understand... you want the entry to send a dbus message on every key stroke and the service to find out whether the action should be sensitive?14:46
MacSlowSaviq, well that's the case14:46
Saviqlarsu, or it can be simpler - a set of "minimum_length", "exact_length", "maximum_length" actions14:46
Saviqlarsu, that the shell then enforces14:46
larsuSaviq: right, that's what I was thinking14:47
Saviqlarsu, can probably work well enough14:47
larsuSaviq: if you want the shell to be a bit more dumb (which is a good point that I agree with), we could send extra data over fdo hints14:47
larsuthat will make the shell-side a bit more complex14:48
Saviqlarsu, yeah, I'd rather not mix'n'match14:48
larsubut also more elegant and easier reusable if we have many of those dialogs14:48
larsuSaviq: hm?! I'm proposing to use fdo notification spec instead of GMenuModel14:48
Saviqlarsu, yes, but we need GMenuModel anyway, we won't be able to pass everything through fdo will we14:49
Saviqlarsu, or it stops being elegant soon enough anyway14:49
larsuSaviq: no, we need notifications anyway14:49
larsuGMenuModel is the new thing in the mix14:49
Saviqlarsu, how would you pass a list of WiFi networks through, with their signal strength14:50
larsutbh, I wouldn't even use it for the networks list now that I think more about it14:50
=== dednick is now known as dednick|afk
larsuSaviq: aa{sv}14:50
Saviqlarsu, and keeping it up to date14:50
Saviqlarsu, that would mean sending over the whole list over and over again14:50
larsuya, that's more interesting. There are two options:14:50
Saviqlarsu, UI nightmare14:50
larsu(1) use a menu model for that part of the dialog14:50
larsu(2) simply resubmit the notification every 30s or so14:50
Saviqevery 30s is not up to date ;)14:51
larsuSaviq: do you switch on and off networks all the time?14:51
larsuI don't know much about NetworkManager, but I can't imaging it scanning much more often14:51
Saviqlarsu, anyway, I believe shoe-horning it into fdo notifications is just as bad as shoehorning it into GMenuModel14:53
Saviqbut the latter is more flexible14:53
larsuI'm telling you that this is close to impossible with GMenuModel14:53
larsuwe're already using notifications14:53
=== alan_g|tea is now known as alan_g
Saviqlarsu, what is close to impossible? just a list of entries with associated signal strength actions?14:53
larsuI think your perception of what gets shoehorned into what is upside down14:54
larsuSaviq: again, this is about GMenuModel, not actions14:54
larsuthis is frustrating. Let me think about it some more and make a proposal on how to solve this.14:54
Saviqlarsu, GMenuModel consists of a menu structure and actions, no?14:54
Saviqlarsu, I just don't want to devise a new & different DBus protocol for every dialog type we need14:57
Saviqlarsu, when all we need is really a list of key/value pairs passed one way or the other14:57
Saviqlarsu, and that's what I thought we could abuse menumodels for, just keeping a list of actions and potentially a list of items to display in the wifi selector (as we do already in network indicator, btw)14:58
mhr3Saviq, how do i do the deriving that you mentioned? i tried changing the top level thing in DashApps.qml to ScopeView: public GenericScopeView, but that didn't really work14:59
larsuSaviq: right, and I was totally fine with that (and is what I proposed as (1) above). What I'm saying is impossible is putting whole dialogs in there14:59
larsuSaviq: GMenuModel is merely a way to describe menus. It uses actions for activation and state, but actions are in no way tied to menus14:59
Saviqmhr3, huh? just "GenericScopeView { ... }"15:00
Saviqlarsu, that's completely fine15:00
mhr3and that's exactly what i didn't know :)15:01
larsuSaviq: so what we're looking for is a balance between a toolkit-over-dbus and the shell not having to much logic in it15:01
Saviqlarsu, I think there's just a misunderstanding here, and MacSlow sorry if I gave you the impression that the GMenuModel should hold the whole definition of the UI15:01
SaviqMacSlow, the QML for each type (based on the model's root type) should be just more-or-less static QML15:02
SaviqMacSlow, with some things driven by the menumodel actions (like labels, for example)15:02
larsuthen we have a menu model to communicate the type to the shell15:02
larsujust get rid of the model, like I said15:03
MacSlowSaviq, so how is it meant to look like then?15:03
larsuslap the thing into the notification, or into the shell15:03
larsudepending on how you want aforementioned balance to be15:03
larsufor the network list, you can use a menu model (though I'd recommend against it)15:03
Saviqlarsu, I just don't think fdo notifications are flexible enough to pass everything through it15:05
SaviqMacSlow, we need a minimal, predefined set of actions that the shell "knows" about, by name15:06
MacSlowSaviq, so more something like "com.canonical.snapdecision.password-dialog" and that then determines (on the frontend-side) what the thing will actually look like?15:07
larsuSaviq: they are, believe me. (here's a proof: you can pass arbitrary dbus types in "hints", a dbus message is simply a list of dbus types)15:07
SaviqMacSlow, yes, the root type15:07
larsuMacSlow: don't hardcode the action name, make the client set a hint15:08
MacSlowlarsu, the problem with that is much more work for the app-developers to "just get a password" from the user15:08
Saviqlarsu, but as said before - that's not good enough for when you want an updated list15:08
larsujust in case15:08
Saviqlarsu, that would be the root type, so that will be hardcoded, and I'm perfectly fine with hardcoding the action names15:09
larsuMacSlow: this is for app developers?!15:09
Saviqlarsu, MacSlow not "app devs", just system apps15:09
Saviqor services, more15:09
Saviqlarsu, there's no "just in case", IMO - if you want a password dialog, you need to provide action a and action b, it won't work otherwise15:10
SaviqMacSlow, snap decisions are only for system services, remember15:11
MacSlowlarsu, Saviq: oh... I thought it was meant as a more general "stock dialog" to help have a consistent look for whenever some app needs some authentication to happen15:11
SaviqMacSlow, and also I agree with larsu here that actually going through a menumodel it will be *more* difficult15:11
SaviqMacSlow, no, that would lead to spoofing15:11
SaviqMacSlow, apps would start stealing your passwords15:11
SaviqMacSlow, by impersonating system services15:11
MacSlowSaviq, yeah... I was a confused about that... but ok15:12
larsuSaviq: it's easier service side to be able to specify an action name, so that actions can be reused15:12
larsuSaviq: can't they do that anyway by sending Notify?15:13
* MacSlow redoes the whole thing15:13
larsuI mean, nothing is stopping them from setting the right hints15:13
Saviqlarsu, currently nothing15:13
Saviqlarsu, but we'll have to protect it obviously15:13
Saviqlarsu, I don't think it's a huge gain to reuse actions if you have to name them in hints...15:15
SaviqI simply don't think there will be much reusing for them15:16
larsuwe don't dictate action names anywhere else15:17
larsuand I can't think of an example right now either, but that doesn't mean there isn't one15:17
larsuwhich is why I said "just in case" ;)15:17
larsuSaviq: not sure how you'll be able to protect it15:18
larsucan apparmor block messages based on its contents?15:18
Saviqlarsu, not sure, in which case we'll need a whitelist in the notifications server15:18
larsuyeah, that would work as well15:18
larsua bit ugly though15:19
larsuyou could also just have a separate dbus call...15:19
* larsu hides because he already made that point a while ago15:19
Saviqlarsu, sure, we could separate the snap decisions interface15:20
Saviqlarsu, I don't think that would be a huge difficulty, but not solving much either15:20
tedgSaviq, I can't seem to find the upstart job configuration for unity8.  Is that not written yet?15:21
Saviqtedg, lp:ubuntu-touch-session15:21
Saviqor well15:21
Saviqwherever ubuntu-touch-sessionlives15:21
Saviq+[ ]15:21
larsuSaviq: except that apps couldn't trick users into giving them passwords...15:22
Saviqtedg, http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/session-manager-touch/trunk/view/head:/upstart-session/unity8.conf15:22
Saviqlarsu, that can be solved either way15:22
Saviqlarsu, separate DBus interface isn't really a requirement, maybe just a cleaner solution15:23
tedgSaviq, Thanks, is that expected to move to the unity8 branch?  Seems more appropriate, no?15:23
larsuSaviq: yes, but the whitelist way is hacky and separates policy from apparmor15:23
tedgThat's a pretty scary startup.15:23
Saviqlarsu, I agree, we might yet get there, but that's not the issue at hand ;)15:24
tedgI think that apparmor can look at arguments, but it's not going to have super advanced parsing.15:24
larsuSaviq: of course :)15:24
tedgYou could probably do "arg1=snap" but not break out structs15:24
Saviqtedg, yeah, will move to lp:unity8 at some point15:24
larsutedg: ya, this would have to look into the hints dict15:24
larsuwhy the "sleep 2" before starting unity?15:25
tedgI don't think it could easily break down a dict.  I mean it does that internally, but the config file I don't think is that advanced.15:25
tedglarsu, Yeah, or the lack of a ofono-setup job?15:25
* tedg is going to worry about that for now15:26
larsutedg: yes, probably not, and I think it shouldn't be able to. That would make it easier to get things wrong15:26
Saviqlarsu, for other stuff to settle - hopefully will go away later15:26
larsuSaviq: I thought upstart handles this for us?15:27
Saviqlarsu, that's assuming the services settle up in a timely manner ;)15:27
Saviqlarsu, or upstart has a way to tell when something settled15:27
Saviqtedg, ofono-setup is just a small run'n'forget script15:27
tedgSaviq, It can get signals from a process if it requires more time.15:27
=== dednick|afk is now known as dednick
tedgSaviq, Sure, doesn't mean that can't be a job.  Then it can check for things like file changes, etc.15:28
Saviqtedg, yeah, the process needs to know that it can do that, which we probably don't yet15:28
larsuSaviq: what tedg said. Also, unity should be able to function without these services, right?15:28
Saviqlarsu, it does, even15:28
Saviqlarsu, but if maliit doesn't settle in time, you don't get OSK for shell15:28
tedglarsu, I think part of the deps is to make the fallbacks not trigger, and thus make things take less CPU.15:29
larsufair enough, 2s just seems so random15:29
larsuand makes the login take longer15:29
Saviqtedg, larsu anyway, it's ricmm's work15:29
larsuwhich is something we should optimize for15:29
larsufair enough, I just noticed it15:30
Saviqlarsu, how often do you boot your phone, otoh ;)15:30
tedgPerhaps I can convince seb128 to fix the Unity7 scripts by just adding a bunch of sleeps ;-)15:30
Saviqnot a priority, simply15:30
seb128tedg, NO15:30
larsuSaviq: not often, but when I do, I want it to be there quickly, because I'm waiting for it15:30
tedgseb128, We're trying to keep parity. ;-)15:31
Saviqlarsu, I know15:31
* tedg doesn't always reboot his phone, but when he does, it usually involves drinking heavily.15:34
mhr3larsu, are you still at the uni?15:35
larsumhr3: yes, in c236. Come up, it's nice here!15:35
MacSlowSaviq, larsu: so you were expecting something along the lines for this... http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5959326 ?15:37
larsuMacSlow: no.15:38
SaviqMacSlow, no menus at all15:38
larsuI was expecting that you put that information into notifcationh hints15:38
SaviqI wasn't ;)15:38
larsuI know :)15:38
larsuSaviq: we should talk about this over a beer some time ;)15:39
Saviqlarsu, indeed15:39
larsumuch easier than irc15:39
larsuSaviq: I'm in the land of beer right now, you should come down ;)15:39
tedgSaviq, Whoa, why no menus?15:39
MacSlowlarsu, Saviq: I wait for a conclusion on this from your side... otherwise I'm really lost and don't know how to proceed.15:39
Saviqtedg, 'cause larsu says so ;D15:40
Saviqtedg, that's about system-dialogs^Wsnap-decisions with password entries etc.15:40
tedgI'm guessing you didn't tell larsu all the requirements :-)15:40
larsutedg: he did.15:40
tedgIt's not just passwords15:40
Saviqtedg, if I knew them! ;D15:40
Saviqtedg, but yeah, larsu knows what it's about15:41
tedgWe need to be able to do things like the Wifi AP prompt as well: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking#Connecting_to_wi-fi.2C_prompted15:41
MacSlowtedg, I know even less and have to implement it... how about that? :)15:41
larsutedg: believe me, using menus for those dialogs is not only ugly, it's also damn near impossible15:41
Saviqtedg, larsu just disagrees whether menumodels are needed at all15:41
larsutedg: wait, that large one as well?15:41
tedglarsu, It's not really "using menus" it's just providing a list of QML files to load.15:41
tedglarsu, The phone one.15:42
larsutedg: that's not what MacSlow was implementing15:42
larsuMacSlow: I'll write a summary email which explains this a bit more concise than this backlog15:43
larsuMacSlow: (tomorrow)15:43
tedgMy understanding is "here's a menu model load the widgets for it"15:43
larsutedg: I'll cc you as well if you like15:43
tedgSure, probably pete-woods as well.15:43
larsuokay, will do15:43
tedgHe's the one hitting MacSlow's stuff.15:43
MacSlowtedg, that's what I'm trying to get implemented http://ubuntuone.com/3plX5yStNdhHqFS4yLqtO4 ... using... by now I've no real idea to be honest15:44
MacSlowtedg, I had the password-dialog almost fully working...15:45
tedgThe screenshots make sense... but I'm more worried about architecture :-)15:45
pete-woodsMacSlow: looks nice - I'm more interested in the means for how I push the data to your pretty UI, though :)15:46
tedgMacSlow, Though it really should be "Not an NSA van" ;-)15:46
tedgThey'd never say if it was.15:46
pete-woodstedg: pretty sure that public hotspots are legally required to help the govt the same as any other ISP15:47
larsutedg: or maybe they do because you'd never suspect that's theirs ;)15:47
pete-woodsat least that's how it works in the UK15:48
tedgpete-woods, I'm sure they don't actually care about them.  If you already have the backbone, why care about the leaf nodes.15:48
larsuI agree, they probably just fall under the same legal definition15:49
pete-woodstedg: I would guess it depends on what bit of the govt you are - I would bet that some have better connections than others15:49
tedgI guess you could get person-to-person traffic.  Not sure that'd be useful, but it could be.15:50
tedgpete-woods, Internal politics at it's best :-)15:50
tedgpete-woods, BTW, I was looking at the code a bit, you probably want to suck in the AP list from the indicator and reexport it.15:51
tedgpete-woods, We could put it on another object path.15:52
tedgpete-woods, Reason being is that there's deduplication code in indicator-network for the APs that we don't want to have two instances of.15:52
pete-woodstedg: fair enough - atm I'm most interested in the going out part - the going in part was pretty easy15:52
tedgpete-woods, Understand, just trying to ensure we have the same list throughout the UI.15:53
tedgNot a high priority obviously.15:53
pete-woodstedg: should be easy enough to connect to the indicator's gmenumodel, right?15:53
tedgYeah, it shouldn't be a big deal.15:53
pete-woodstedg: although that will mean I have to talk to a QAbstractItem model, which has one of the most awful API's I've ever had to deal with15:54
tedgMore worried that you'd try to write that same code at some point.15:54
tedgpete-woods, Can you just use the glib API?  You'd just need one object that you could pass back into export.15:54
pete-woodstedg: it's not the connecting that's the problem, it's just iterating - I'm just being dramatic really ;)15:55
MacSlowpete-woods, I don't know yet15:55
pete-woodsMacSlow: no problem :)15:56
tedgpete-woods, Okay.  I'm just saying that the DBus import in GLib exports GMenuModel, so you can just link it as a section and "magic happens."  There's no iterating.15:56
MacSlowpete-woods, I have some ideas... but those usually get rejected.15:56
SaviqMacSlow, lol15:56
pete-woodstedg: are we even using a gmenumodel now? - I'm going to stop any work on the indicator 'til I'm sure, as I have tests for creating the right menu already, but they could already be redundant15:57
MacSlowSaviq, but it's true... I know just very little about UnityMenuModel... and sofar have been using it wrongly in my first week of exposure to it15:57
larsupete-woods: why would you need to iterate?15:58
SaviqMacSlow, I know even less, so no worries there15:58
MacSlowSaviq, I rather wait for some clarifying eMails from you and larsu and then re-do it15:58
tedgpete-woods, I think that we need to, but there is some discussion.  Waiting to understand more before I comment.15:58
SaviqMacSlow, yeah, let's see tomorrow15:58
pete-woodslarsu: if I'm transforming the model in any way - atm I don't know what I'm pushing into the WiFi prompt UI15:58
larsupete-woods: unitymenumodel gives you a qabstractitemlist from an indicator, which you can just put into a ListView15:58
pete-woodslarsu: if it's just another gmenumodel, then yes, I'll just forward that on15:59
MacSlowSaviq, really curious how all this will look in the end... when everybody agrees on it :)15:59
=== jhodapp is now known as jhodapp|lunch
larsuMacSlow: your "when" is very optimistic ... I'd go with "if" for now :P16:00
MacSlowSaviq, I'm going to try to get the listview for the wifi-APs to look a bit nicer (closer to the scribbles from mpt)16:00
MacSlowlarsu, hope dies last eh :)16:00
larsuhaha, true16:00
tedgdednick, so I added the signal, but I can't figure out how you guys want includes for tests.  Can you give me a pointer there?  https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/unity8/indicator-signals/16:01
SaviqMacSlow, remember nic-doffay is working on that16:01
SaviqMacSlow, so you might take his OptionSelector branch16:01
SaviqMacSlow, and work with that16:01
MacSlowSaviq, yeah... I know... I'm not using that yet16:01
MacSlowSaviq, wanted to jump-start with a stand-in for the time being16:01
nic-doffayMacSlow, just shout if you want to use it.16:01
* larsu quickly closes the tab before looking at that patch :P16:02
MacSlownic-doffay, I'll poing you tomorrow... eod now and I need to get one of my bikes sold :/16:02
=== jasoncwarner__ is now known as jasoncwarner
nic-doffayMacSlow, cool. The OptionSelector API is done, it's just visual tweaks and some bug fixes left.16:04
dednicktedg: which includes?16:04
nic-doffaySo you'll be able to use it without much interruption on the API side.16:04
tedgdednick, The ones from the pkgconfg line.16:04
tedgdednick, Added that in like the others for that plugin.  But since it's a member variable it has to be in the header (hate C++), so then the tests need it. :-/16:05
MacSlownic-doffay, which of your branches is it... ubuntu-shape-option-selector or list-item-option-selector to get something like https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking#wifi-connecting-prompted going?16:05
nic-doffayMacSlow, that would be based off ListItemOptionSelector.16:06
nic-doffayBut it would need some modding to look like that.16:06
MacSlownic-doffay, ok16:06
dednicktedg: can't you just forward declare?16:07
dednickand put the include in cpp?16:07
tedgSure, if that's acceptable for the coding style.16:10
dednicktedg: not sure about coding style regarding forward declarations. but in my opinion, if it's private i dont see why it cant be.16:14
dednickSaviq: ^ ?16:14
tedgdednick, Well, I'm a big believer in "define everything once and only once".16:15
tedgBut, I understand that C++ makes this difficult.  So if that's the accepted work around, I'm fine with it.16:15
tedgI just want my patch to land :-)16:15
=== greyback__ is now known as greyback|food
dednicktedg: well the proper way to handle it is to use private data.16:17
dednickbut still requires a forward declare ;)16:17
tedgI think the pimple design patter works around this problem in C++ probably the best.16:18
tedgIt's kinda silly to use everywhere though.16:19
larsuSaviq: fyi, https://code.launchpad.net/~larsu/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/add-unity-theme-icon-provider/+merge/17901116:20
=== greyback|food is now known as greyback
=== jhodapp|lunch is now known as jhodapp
thesebhelp! can't seem to get nautilus+MIME settting right for .tex files.....nautilus can open them with "Open With" but not using the default "Open"..why?16:45
greybacktheseb: if you right click any .tex file, select "properties" and then click the "Open With" tab, you should be able to set the default "Open" application16:48
thesebgreyback: yea i've done that many times but the "Open" doesn't open ANYTHING even after making sure i selected a default app16:50
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|EOD
mterryQML question...  What determines what is at the top of the "z" stack?  Order in qml file?  Whichever was made visible most recently?18:27
Saviqmterry, order between siblings18:30
Saviqmterry, and then you can override with Item.z18:30
Saviqmterry, http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtquick/qml-qtquick2-item.html#z-prop18:30
tvoss_Saviq, ping18:30
Saviqtvoss_, pong18:30
mterryGuh, I can't seem to figure out why this DragHandle isn't receiving events18:33
=== daek_ is now known as Daekdroom
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
=== jono is now known as Guest48557

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!