attentehi, does anyone know what the differences are between the porter machines and the jenkins c-i builders? is either significantly faster than the other?03:12
jbichaattente: are you back from vacation?04:19
pittiGood morning04:26
attentejbicha, yes, but i'm in china for the next three weeks04:26
jbichaattente: could you work with cyphermox to get indicator-keyboard into Saucy?04:34
jbichawe need it now if we're going to try to get gnome-settings-daemon 3.8 in before Feature Freeze http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/08/13/%23ubuntu-desktop.html#t18:1604:34
attentejbicha, yes, the only thing is that the tests seem to be causing a lot of grief04:35
attentejbicha, i can disable the one test and hope that the rest are not affected by the same problem04:37
jbichaattente: maybe today then?04:41
attentejbicha, sure04:42
didrockshey pitti! welcome back :)05:10
pittibonjour didrocks, merci !05:10
pittididrocks: ça va ?05:10
didrocksça va bien :) et toi, comment étaient les vacances?05:11
RAOFdidrocks: Goon morning!05:13
pittididrocks: très bien ! nous avons visité Helsinki et Tallinn, et quelques jours à Dresden05:13
didrockshey RAOF ;)05:13
didrockspitti: ah bien! donc reposé des vacances?05:14
pittididrocks: avec un temps parfait05:14
didrockscool, pas trop chaud?05:14
pittididrocks: il y avait beaucoup de voyages05:15
pittididrocks: oui, Je suit prêt à battre test failures à nouveau :)05:15
didrockspitti: ahah, pitti est armé et dangereux, tremblez tests! :)05:16
didrocksMirv: hey, needing some hack?05:22
Mirvdidrocks: hi! mostly there are new packages, we eventually found the instructions for archive admins from the FAQ but didn't find a willing archive admin on time.05:29
Mirvdidrocks: qtorganizer5-eds and ubuntu-keyboard in misc were reviewed by mterry and would need whitelisting05:30
Mirvdidrocks: poppler-qml-plugin in sdk but I'm not sure if robru got it preNEW reviewed or not05:30
didrocksMirv: mterry isn't an archive admin, so need a preNEWing I guess05:31
Mirvdidrocks: ah right so those two also need it then, I wasn't sure either05:31
didrocksMirv: maybe we should update the FAQ or tell people to not add them to stacks if they are not preNEWed already05:31
didrocksas it's blocking everything :/05:31
didrocksMirv: ok, I'm on poppler-qml-plugin05:31
Mirvdidrocks: that's true. there was a pressure on getting various kinds of things into archive but then got blocked05:32
Mirvok, thanks. actually, there's nothing besides those new packages requiring immediate attention05:32
didrocksMirv: as they are blocking everything, better to follow the procedure :)05:37
didrocksMirv: ok, +1 for poppler05:37
didrocksI've sent my remarks to Robert directly05:37
didrockswhitelist refreshed05:37
didrocksfor qtorganizer5-eds and ubuntu-keyboard, who are the contacts?05:38
didrocksI doubt ubuntu-keyboard05:38
didrocksshould be in misc05:38
didrocks(please publish sdk meanwhile ;))05:38
Mirvdidrocks: ok. qtorganizer5-eds renato, ubuntu-keyboard tmoenicke05:39
didrocksMirv: on our team, who did review the packaging?05:39
Mirvdidrocks: mterry checked them and I checked mterry seemed to have done a good jbo05:41
didrocksok, there is an issue of name matching in debian/copyright05:41
Mirvwell, I noticed he didn't remove debian/source on both but otherwise05:41
didrocksUpstream-Name: address-book-service05:41
didrocksSource: https://launchpad.net/address-book-service05:41
didrocksthanks :)05:42
didrocksotherwise good for qtorganizer5-eds05:43
didrockslet's look at ubuntu-keyboard05:43
didrocksMirv: ubuntu-keyboard needs to be moved to another stack05:44
didrocksit deps on the platform stack05:44
Mirvmaybe sdk then?05:47
didrocksMirv: I wonder if it shouldn't be its own stack, wdyt?05:47
Mirvyeah, platform-api is there05:48
didrocksas it's some kind of application05:48
didrocksMirv: or maybe a "service" stack?05:48
didrockswe will put there all the backends like for music and so on05:48
didrocksand the keyboard as well?05:48
Mirvdidrocks: I haven't given enough thought to the dependencies. but yes, things are being put into sdk quite a lot, services might be better.05:48
Mirvdidrocks: meanwhile https://code.launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/qtorganizer5-eds/packaging_tweaks/+merge/18077405:49
didrocksMirv: want to create that one? I'm continuing the NEWing meanwhile05:49
didrocksMirv: let's try to publish for now, we'll move it afterwards05:49
* didrocks looks05:49
Mirvservices sounds good. I'll prepare it.05:49
tvoss_didrocks, https://code.launchpad.net/~thomas-voss/location-service/add-linker-flags-to-pkgconfig-setup/+merge/18077505:55
didrocksMirv: ok, +1 on ubuntu-keyboard, please publish before next tick05:56
didrocksMirv: I'm sending my feedbacks by email05:56
Mirvpitti: nice if you got a good weather while here :) there were some very good weeks here indeed, now it's just raining05:57
Mirvdidrocks: doing05:57
Mirvdidrocks: hmm sdk publishing failed, already-up-to-date
didrocksMirv: Exception: UserNotBranchReviewer05:59
Mirvmisc succeeded however05:59
didrocksMirv: the bot is not part of the poppler-qml-plugin team :/05:59
Mirvnow is06:00
Mirvstill time..06:00
didrocksMirv: retry to force publication06:00
didrockswe need to remove the Mp first06:00
Mirvremoved and again06:01
SweeksharkGoood morning!06:01
Sweeksharktime to wade through a baaaaAAAaad backlog.06:01
didrocksMirv: better this time! thanks :)06:01
didrockshey Sweekshark06:01
didrocksSweekshark: back from holidays? ;)06:01
Mirvsuccess, around 09:02:00 :)06:02
didrocksMirv: ahah! in fact, as long as it's not the first "line" of stacks, it works06:02
didrocksas I let publishing until the stack starts building06:03
didrocks(so when waiting, they are not blocked)06:03
Mirvdidrocks: then the last new package seems to be  lp:unity-mir, reviewed by sil2100 (at least regarding adding it to cu2d-config)06:03
Mirvoh, and mathieu bootstrapped the package06:04
Mirvunder unity806:04
didrocksMirv: so, need preNEWing, you think?06:04
Sweeksharkdidrocks: yes06:04
Sweeksharkdidrocks: http://devopsreactions.tumblr.com/post/57051683487/dealing-with-your-6-months-old-backlog06:05
Mirvdidrocks: yes it seems it would need06:05
didrocksMirv: ok, looking :)06:06
didrocksSweekshark: when I'm seeing my backlog from Thursday (I had 2 days off), it's almost like if I don't want to take my 2 weeks holidays after this week :)06:06
tvoss_didrocks, good morning :)06:12
didrockshey tvoss_, how are you?06:12
tvoss_didrocks, pretty good :) how are you?06:13
tvoss_didrocks, I love this one: http://devopsreactions.tumblr.com/post/54003408672/submitting-an-idea-to-the-architect06:13
didrocksI'm good thanks! quite easy with this start to not need coffee to start a day :)06:13
didrockstvoss_: it needs some music to be fair (like "I despise you" :p)06:19
tvoss_didrocks, yeah06:19
tvoss_mlankhorst, good morning :)06:33
didrocksMirv: FYI, as we NEWed some things quite late, it's possible that some components rebuilt (but even if we publish them, they will be rejected during the copy)06:37
mlankhorstis radeon still corrupting?06:40
Mirvtvoss_: can we disable the Ubuntu qtlocation plugin on x86, or will it be useful also there? currently, since it depends on platform-api and brings hybris & co, it breaks xmir/unity-system-compositor via bug #121079806:50
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1210798 in Unity System Compositor "unity-system-compositor crashes if libhybris installed on x86" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/121079806:50
tvoss_Mirv, yup, disable it there06:50
tvoss_Mirv, can we open a bug to reenable it again, though?06:50
Mirvtvoss_: ok, thanks. would you like to have the bug against some more special target or is qtlocation-opensource-src enough?06:51
tvoss_Mirv, against qtlocation-opensource06:52
Mirv(bug #1213811)06:52
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1213811 in qtlocation-opensource-src (Ubuntu) "Please re-enable Ubuntu plugin on x86" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/121381106:53
didrockshey sil2100, how are you?07:12
sil2100didrocks: hello! Fine, how about you?07:13
sil2100How was you're long weekend? :)07:13
didrockssil2100: was good, tiring physically, but brain refreshing :)07:14
didrockssil2100: and yours? how was your day off? I saw a lot of work on Friday though :p07:14
seb128good morning desktopers!07:15
didrockssalut seb128!07:15
sil2100didrocks: yea ;p It was nice too, but then Friday - pheew! Without you and seb128 around it's much harder! ;)07:15
sil2100seb128: morning!07:15
pittiseb128: bonjour seb128, comment vas-tu ?07:15
didrockssil2100: heh, see, we are not slacking :p07:16
* didrocks did 3 NEWing this morning07:16
seb128oh, it's a pitti!07:18
seb128pitti, welcome back, had good holidays?07:18
pittiseb128: en effet, nous avons eu des bonnes vacances07:19
seb128didrocks, the poppler qml binary is wrongly names btw, new convention is "qtdeclarative5-poppler1.0"07:21
seb128pitti, excellent!07:21
didrocksseb128: ah, no -plugin now?07:21
didrocksMirv: mind changing it? ^07:21
seb128didrocks, no, using the import version allows for easier abi transitions07:22
seb128I discussed it with Ken, he said that was the new convention since they figured out how to version the abi07:22
seb128or make different abi // installable07:22
didrocksok, excellent!07:24
didrocksbut it means the source should contain the abi name07:24
didrocksotherwise we'll always have one version07:24
didrocksas the old binary will have no source name and britney will force to transition07:25
sil2100didrocks: did you pre-NEW unity-mir btw.? ;)07:25
didrockssil2100: I reviewed it, but I have some notes07:26
Saviqwhat's the deal with unity8 neededing preNEWing all of a sudden, guys? :)07:26
didrockssil2100: first, look at the stack MP07:26
Saviqdidrocks, welcome back07:26
didrocksSaviq: hey! well, look at the package name07:26
seb128didrocks, no, it's like soname transitions, having the transition in proposed is fine at least07:26
seb128I think07:26
didrocksseb128: ok07:27
Saviqdidrocks, of course, sorry :)07:27
didrocksno worry ;)07:27
didrockssil2100: so, please fix the stack order ;)07:27
Saviqdidrocks, btw, I have a few questions / comments when you have a minute07:27
didrockssil2100: second thing is that we shouldn't add anything until there is no archive admin available07:27
didrockslike Saviq's unity8 stack was blocked during the week-end because of this07:28
didrocksso only add something already preNEWed with someone to refresh the whitelist and ready to ack the package07:28
didrockssil2100: my notes on unity-mir07:28
sil2100didrocks: noted! I waited for approving that till late-Friday so that it doesn't block too much07:28
didrockssil2100: well, you could have wait on Monday07:28
didrocksit didn't go to distro anyway :p07:29
didrocksso it just blocked things07:29
darkxstpitti, hi07:29
didrockssil2100: the library deps should be fixed before NEWing07:29
sil2100didrocks: ok, fixing that07:31
pittihey darkxst, how are you?07:33
darkxstpitti, I'm good, how was your holiday?07:34
pittidarkxst: we enjoyed it a lot, thanks; we did some sightseeing in Helsinki and Tallinn, and spent a few days with family and friends in Dresden07:34
darkxstsounds good07:35
darkxstpitti, so this is what I ended up with for ppa retracing http://paste.ubuntu.com/6001950/07:35
darkxstI wasnt really sure where to put the search_ppa_from_origin function, so its in a seperate source file for now07:36
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
sil2100didrocks: so, should I remove the -dbg package from debian/control completely? Or just the debian/rules mention?07:36
didrockssil2100: both07:36
Mirvdidrocks: first stab at services stack https://code.launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/cupstream2distro-config/add_services_stack/+merge/18079407:36
seb128didrocks, sil2100, Mirv: btw we are indicator-clients stucked in proposed for over a month, "indicators-client-examples/i386 unsatisfiable Depends: phone-app " ... is that on the list of anyone to fix?07:37
seb128we have*07:37
sil2100Oh, didn't know about that, thought cyphermox handled that07:38
sil2100seb128: will look into that today07:38
Mirvthanks sil210007:38
seb128sil2100, thanks, I think we should just drop the examples package or the depends07:39
didrocksMirv: done07:41
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/unity-mir/fix_packaging/+merge/18079807:41
didrocksMirv: I've added some reminder on the MP about removing the jenkins jobs as well07:41
didrockssil2100: shlibs: same for +         libubuntu-application-api-mirserver1,07:41
didrocksand the next one07:41
didrockseven libqt5core5 should automatically be linked07:41
didrocksdid you give it a try and it wasn't the case?07:42
didrockssil2100: nitpick: on the C/R/P, no trailing comma were added :p07:43
didrocksotherwise fine once those fixed ^07:43
tvoss_didrocks, seems like jenkins does not pick up my changes to https://code.launchpad.net/~thomas-voss/platform-api/location-service/+merge/18069207:43
didrockstvoss_: I have no idea on the upstream merger, check with fginther07:44
tvoss_didrocks, thx07:44
sil2100didrocks: pushed07:45
Mirvseb128: https://code.launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/poppler-qml-plugin/rename_to_qtdeclarative5-poppler-1.0/+merge/18080007:46
sil2100didrocks: hm, I guess libqtcore5 as well, right?07:46
didrockssil2100: right07:47
didrockssil2100: did you build it and checked?07:48
didrocks(otherwise, the changes looks good, just waiting for your ack on testing ;))07:48
seb128Mirv, reviewed, needs fixing07:48
seb128Mirv, shouldn't have a "-" between the name and version07:49
sil2100I'll just check if the control file has the right deps, one moment07:49
seb128Mirv, I don't have a strong opinion on it, but that's the schemas we use in other sources so let's be consistent07:49
sil2100didrocks: it only has deps on *mir*server things, no client deps - but I guess this means it's not really used right now07:50
didrockssil2100: that's my guess07:50
didrockssil2100: libqt5* is in?07:50
sil2100didrocks: yep :)07:50
didrocksok, let's ack it then07:50
didrockssil2100: so, then, as per the MP comment I've made, ensure the unity8 stack deps on the mir one :)07:51
sil2100didrocks: I didn't know what MP you had in mind, but I'll do that yes ;)07:52
didrockssil2100: https://code.launchpad.net/~sergiusens/cupstream2distro-config/unity-mir_daily/+merge/18059407:53
sil2100didrocks: https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/cupstream2distro-config/unity8_preps/+merge/18080307:55
didrockssil2100: commented, need the Mir trick for the ABI unstability07:56
sil2100didrocks: as for approving such things when no archive-admins are around - I guess that was some old mental habit of mine, thinking that weekends are not being built still ;)07:56
didrockssil2100: no worry, just make a note this time ;)07:57
didrocksbut 4 on Friday… so everything but unity blocked :)07:57
didrocksglad to see the unity stack passing tests btw07:57
Mirvseb128: you're right, that was used elsewhere as well. pushed a fix.07:57
sil2100didrocks: pushed08:00
didrockssil2100: approved08:01
didrockssil2100: so, in addition to redeploy (for the force_rebuild part), unfortunately, adding a new stack/changing the deps between them, needs to have the config pulled on magners08:01
didrockssil2100: you will handle that once merged?08:01
sil2100didrocks: I can try ;p08:03
didrockssil2100: are you busy with a lot of things once this run is handled or do you have spare time?08:03
sil2100didrocks: I guess I'm not super busy - have a few packages to review and push to distro (or daily-land), wanted to work on the appmenu too - but nothing top-priority :)08:05
didrockssil2100: it's a background thing08:05
sil2100What's up?08:05
didrockssil2100: so, once we are far away from a full rebuild and this run is cleaned08:05
didrocksthe mir team thinks that they maybe accidentally fixed the ATI issue08:06
didrocksso we need to run the Mir stack (but /!\ everything then will need this Mir version, like unity-mir, the platform-api, hence why we need to build this way before a run happens)08:06
didrocksand then, trying to rebuild u-s-c once08:06
didrocksif it passed, retry the tests08:07
didrocksif it passed, retry the tests08:07
didrocksif it passed, retry the tests08:07
didrocks(maybe 5 runs will give enough confidence?08:07
didrocksand be ready to restart electrically the ATI machine if stuck08:07
didrocks(so monitoring)08:07
sil2100hehe, right08:07
didrockssil2100: would be nice, not sure if you want to start now or have that run cleaned first08:07
didrockssil2100: if we are unsure and Mir is built before next tick, better to delete it from the ppa08:08
didrockshaving the run happens08:08
didrocksand then, rebuild it08:08
didrocks(and u-s-c as well)08:08
didrocksmaking sense?08:08
sil2100Ok, makes sense - I would prefer waiting for this run to be cleared though08:12
didrocksok ;)08:12
didrockssil2100: some NEWing was very late FYI08:12
didrockslike seconds before the next run08:12
didrocksso I guess08:12
didrocks- the branches weren't all merged back08:12
didrocks- it tried to rebuild things that are now in distro08:13
didrocks(like all the 3 new components that went in this morning)08:13
Mirvdidrocks: shall I ask Ken also for my qtlocation, qtconnectivity uploads?08:15
didrocksMirv: that would be nice, I'm trying to really focus on the system update that is due by EOW for me :)08:16
Mirvok, will do08:16
didrocksseb128: we don't have any widget in the sdk right now which are retracted by default and show a list that you can't select if you expand it (like a treeview)?08:28
* sil2100 wonders when his mediascanner package will move out of the queue08:29
seb128didrocks, I guess you can do that with a ListItem.ValueSelector08:29
didrocksseb128: ok, I need to tweak so that no theme/impact is changed on hover though08:29
didrockssil2100: which queue?08:30
didrocksah, it's in NEW08:30
didrockssil2100: can you ask slangasek? he told he will help for NEWing things08:30
sil2100didrocks: ok ;) Thanks08:31
seb128Mirv, set as approved, but I'm not part of the right team to change the mp status, so you need to do it08:34
seb128or sil2100/didrocks08:34
didrockswell, Mirv can do it if you commented I guess, no need for someone else ;)08:35
seb128it's annoying, there is an increasing number of mr where I can't ack packaging changes myself08:35
didrocksright, I agree, it is annoying…08:35
* sil2100 can't approve as well08:35
didrocksseb128: hum, I don't remember exactly how to bootstrapp a system settings branch08:36
didrocksI did qmake .08:36
didrocksseb128: ah forget about it08:37
seb128didrocks, "bootstrap"? qmake; make should work08:37
didrockslibUbuntuUpdatePanel.so is what we need08:37
didrocksthe other lib is now removed08:37
didrocksI was expecting to see 2 of them08:37
didrocks(the useless one and that one)08:37
sil2100I'm starting to wonder if the merger is working at all, or maybe so busy08:39
didrockssil2100: you are not the first one to ask, tvoss_ asked as well, apparently, there is a huge pile of backlog (what mzannetti told)08:40
didrocksthey restarted it08:40
didrocksand it seems now stuck08:40
didrockssil2100: see #ubuntu-mir08:40
sil2100OH NOES08:41
didrockssil2100: the good news is that now, once the current run is cleaned, we have all the time for testing the Mir build & merge :p08:44
sil2100Then I go get something to drink quickly, time to prepare!08:45
Mirvthanks seb128 for the approval, the project is under core apps team more so that's I guess the permission problems08:46
MirvI changed the driver from robru only to core apps team, though08:47
seb128Mirv, ok08:47
Sweeksharkseb128: did you hear anything about the LO 4.0.4 SRU for raring or the LO 3.5.7 update SRU for precise that I put in the pipe two weeeks ago before my vacation?09:04
seb128Sweekshark, no, sorry, I though bdrung would review them, and it's dropped for my list (I was on holidays some days as well last week)09:06
seb128Sweekshark, hey btw, did you have good holidays?09:06
Sweeksharkseb128: holidays were enjoyable even though I stayed at home ;)09:07
Sweeksharkseb128: how was your week off?09:08
seb128Sweekshark, good, it was a long W.E more than a week, visited dholbach in Berlin and spent some time hanging out with him and some of the other berliners09:12
didrocksseb128: come on! you worked less than 12 hours a day, it was clearly a week off! :)09:12
Sweeksharkseb128: ahhh, right -- saw it on g+09:12
Sweeksharkseb128: Berlin is a cool place indeed. If you guys tell me next time I might drop by for an evening: UDS-replacement beer event ;)09:15
seb128Sweekshark, sure ;-)09:15
seb128didrocks, where is ${unity-default-masterscopes} coming from?09:16
didrocksseb128: libunity09:16
didrocksthere is a json file per form factor09:16
didrocksand we parse that json file to dep on what we ned09:17
seb128didrocks, k, I see it09:17
seb128  [ Pawel Stolowski ]09:17
seb128  * Removed scopes that access purely remote content and are deployed on09:17
seb128    the server from client-scopes.json and client-scopes-phone.json09:17
seb128    files. ."09:17
seb128didrocks, that means those scopes can be uninstalled right?09:17
seb128doing autoremove wants to uninstall a bunch of scopes09:17
didrocks(if unity was rebuilt)09:17
didrocksyeah, sounds what I saw on Wednesday before going EOW09:18
didrocksseb128: do you have the list?09:18
didrocksso that I can quickly check they are the same?09:18
didrocks(the local one I removed this morning were fine, just wanting to double check)09:18
didrocks(sounds ok ;))09:19
seb128didrocks, it's for Daniel, he said he's giving you the list09:19
* seb128 tries to upgrade as well09:19
didrocksyeah, and it's the right list09:20
seb128  libclucene-contribs1 unity-scope-deviantart unity-scope-gallica09:35
seb128  unity-scope-github unity-scope-googlenews unity-scope-soundcloud09:35
seb128  unity-scope-yahoostock09:35
seb128didrocks, that's the list here09:35
seb128seems fine09:35
didrocksseb128: right, it's good, thanks for checking!09:35
didrocksseb128: I didn't see anything like https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareUpdates#Phone (Download future updates automatically)09:37
didrocksmost of the time the choice is repeated, even if the widget is expanded09:37
didrocks(like in Cellular)09:38
seb128didrocks, yeah, http://design.ubuntu.com/apps/building-blocks/option-selector ... you want that09:38
seb128didrocks, that's coming soon09:38
didrocksseb128: so, right now, I'll follow what you put in Cellular so that we are consisten :)09:38
seb128didrocks, so far we abused ValueSelector, forcing the status and having no text09:38
seb128e.g just the value09:38
didrocksok, will badly copy you then! Thanks :)09:38
seb128didrocks, https://code.launchpad.net/~nicolas-doffay/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/ubuntu-shape-option-selector/+merge/17524209:39
seb128didrocks, in fact, Saviq approved it last week, it's just having CI issues to be merged it seems09:39
seb128didrocks, so should be there soon09:40
Saviqseb128, yeah, it's relatively ready - pending code re-review from SDK team09:40
seb128didrocks, I guess you can rebuild the toolkit with that branch and base on that directly if you feel like being the first user09:40
seb128Saviq, great, that means we should start playing with it more to see if it's really ready :-)09:41
didrocksseb128: well, will just mockup the thing today and see when it's getting merged yeah. Thanks!09:41
seb128didrocks, yeah, I don't know what's your schedule for the week, it might make sense to not bother too much with the UI/waste too much time to try to build on the new widget09:41
seb128didrocks, better to focus on the other part and come back to that later if you have spare cycles/the work get merged09:42
didrocksseb128: yeah, that's what I'm thinking about, getting the backend right first09:42
darkxstpitti, will crashes in the main dupe db match against our ppa packages if its the same crash?09:48
pittidarkxst: in general yes, if you sync the dupe db regularly09:49
darkxstpitti, I mean would http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/apport-duplicates match crashes in our ppa or should I just replace it with our dupe db09:51
pittidarkxst: it would match a crash which also happens with the ubuntu packages09:52
pittidarkxst: but of course we can't sync your's back to the main Launchpad retracer DB09:53
pittiwe need to teach dupdb-admin about merging for that09:53
darkxstpitti, right09:55
darkxstI guess its probably better to run with ours in the meantime then09:55
darkxstpitti, which apport branch should I create a mp against to change that?10:00
darkxstpitti, or maybe its easier for you too just change the url? http://phillw.net/ubuntu-gnome/apport_duplicates10:04
attenteseb128, i'm not really sure what to do about the tests at this point10:14
attenteit's not really an issue with any one particular one, but it seems all are racy and i'm not sure why10:14
seb128attente, hey, did you have good holidays?10:15
attenteseb128, i did, thanks10:16
seb128attente, let's see with cyphermox when he gets online, I didn't have really track that last week, I had some days off10:16
seb128attente, I'm going to leave for the airport soon (was in Berlin for a few days) so I'm probably not going to be around in the afternoon ... can you check with cyphermox what he thinks, and we can discuss what to do next tomorrow if that's still blockeed10:18
attenteseb128, sure10:19
seb128ok, I'm going to work offline for the afternoon, travelling back10:23
seb128see you later everyone10:24
pittidarkxst: re (sorry, meeting)10:35
pittidarkxst: to change what? I can't use the gnome PPA dupe db for the LP retracers10:36
darkxstpitti, the ubuntu-gnome hook10:36
pittidarkxst: aah10:36
pittidarkxst: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6002379/ ?10:39
darkxstpitti, looks fine10:40
pittidarkxst: ack, committed10:40
darkxstI suppose the trailing slash is harmless?10:40
=== tvoss_ is now known as tvoss|lunch
darkxstpitti, have to run in a minute, but any comments on that patch I linked earlier?10:43
pittidarkxst: it needs some reorg, like the deb specific stuff going into backends/packaging-apt-dpkg.py; I haven't looked at it yet in detail10:44
pittidarkxst: ah, is that not what's in your recent MP?10:44
darkxstpitti, no this is newer than that10:46
pittidarkxst: is the MP obsoleted by that?10:46
darkxstpitti, yes. but I don't know where I should put the search_ppa_from_origin code10:46
darkxstseems like it perhaps could go in launchpadlib?10:46
pittidarkxst: I think it fits better into packaging-apt-dpkg.py10:49
darkxstpitti, ok will do10:49
=== psivaa_ is now known as psivaa
=== greyback_ is now known as greyback|unstabl
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
sil2100didrocks: the pull-in on mangers, is it the branch in ~/cupstream2distro-config ?11:42
didrockssil2100: right11:47
sil2100Mirv: maybe still around for a review? https://code.launchpad.net/~sil2100/indicators-client/fixes_for_the_masses/+merge/18084211:53
Mirvsil2100: sure!11:56
sil2100Mirv: thank you! It doesn't silence lintian completely, as this package was completely lintian-angry, but it's better at least!11:56
Mirvsil2100: good fixes, those11:58
=== psivaa is now known as psivaa-lunch
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
Mirvmlankhorst: re: mesa pkg change, gallium vdpau support has been requested in both Debian and Ubuntu with even a backport to 9.1 offered as a patch. but if it's needed to be disabled for getting mesa 9.2 in earlier, fine, just FYI (yes, my wishlist as well as a radeon user :)12:08
Mirvsil2100: publishing SDK as the only packaging change there was already approved by did_ier https://code.launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/qtorganizer5-eds/packaging_tweaks/+merge/18077412:14
Mirvsil2100: correction, mixed my words, publishing misc because of that12:15
Mirvsil2100: the SDK one was approved by seb_astien likewise https://code.launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/poppler-qml-plugin/rename_to_qtdeclarative5-poppler-1.0/+merge/18080012:18
Mirvsil2100: it feels slightly "wrong" to be pressing the button, btw, but it also would feel stupid to ask second ack just after the merge completes..12:21
Mirvsil2100: but I guess that feeling just means we're well taught :)12:21
sil2100hehe, indeed!12:24
Mirvrerunning apps since it's over an hour until the next cycle and apps hasn't released after last Wed's release12:59
Mirvthe latest ftbfs should be now fixed12:59
sil2100Mirv: was it merged in?13:02
sil2100Mirv: I'll be needing the AP machines in a  moment13:02
Mirvsil2100: yes, amd64 succeeded now13:03
Mirvsil2100: since the fix was in cmakelists I think an ack will be needed13:04
cyphermoxattente: I don't know why the tests are racy either... is there a way to just introduce some delay in the right places to workaround?13:07
=== psivaa-lunch is now known as psivaa
sil2100didrocks: hm, when we're adding the PPA during otto setup, we're not adding the keys, right ;/ ?13:15
didrockssil2100: hum, I think we do (via add-apt-repository)13:15
sil2100didrocks: strange thing, since
sil2100didrocks: and I couldn't find a call to add-apt-repository13:16
sil2100Ah, sorry, see it13:16
sil2100Then strrrange13:16
sil2100(been grepping for apt-add-repository instead)13:17
=== jhernand1z is now known as jhernandez
didrockssil2100: what is strange?13:18
didrocksah the warning13:18
didrockssil2100: /var/log/upstart/otto-setup.log: W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net saucy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 803A8EB5078B4FF513:19
sil2100/var/log/upstart/otto-setup.log: WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated! <- makes me wonder13:19
didrocks/var/log/upstart/otto-setup.log: Exception in thread Thread-1:13:19
didrocks/var/log/upstart/otto-setup.log: Traceback (most recent call last):13:19
didrocks/var/log/upstart/otto-setup.log: UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc5 in position 89: ordinal not in range(128)13:19
didrockssil2100: the issue is the L I guess13:19
didrocksadd-apt-repository doesn't know how to deal with UTF8 char?13:20
sil2100Curse you polish name!13:20
didrocksit never happened to you?13:21
didrocksor you never noticed that add-apt-repository is failing?13:21
sil2100It's working all the time here, maybe because of my locale13:21
didrocksyeah, probably, we run under LANG=C IIRC13:21
didrockssil2100: do you have any solution?13:22
didrocksyou can copy to https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-unity/+archive/experimental-prevalidation if needed13:23
didrocksbinary copy for both mir and u-s-c13:23
sil2100Maybe I could do a binary copy somewhere?13:23
didrocksso that you don't have to rebuild13:23
attentecyphermox_, there are already one-second delays in the tests13:30
cyphermox_sure, but I mean, are those sufficient or does increasing these delays help?13:31
attenteyou mean adding more delays throughout? or increasing the time for each to something like 2 seconds?13:32
cyphermox_either way13:32
cyphermox_I'm just wondering here if that's all it would take to make it less racy13:33
cyphermox_once that, or the delay required is ascertained, then it becomes easier to figure out what's up13:33
attentewhen you sbuild it, do you still get the /run/user/1000 warnings?13:33
cyphermox_I don't know, let me check13:34
cyphermox_locally, I would suspect not, as I'm user 100013:34
attentei get them when sbuilding, but they don't appear in the c-i output13:36
=== tvoss|lunch is now known as tvoss_
didrocksrobru: hey! Once you are around, I've set a new package to bootstrap (check maybe the packaging/config with Mirv as it's part of the sdk stack). See the spreadsheet :) thanks!14:00
didrocksrobru: hope you feel better this week btw :)14:00
* didrocks thinks about it… I didn't see unity-mir being preNEWed btw14:19
didrockssil2100: ? ^14:19
=== dednick is now known as dednick|lunch
sil2100didrocks: you had those packaging remarks, those got merged in finally around an hour ago14:21
didrockssil2100: ok, so next tick unity8 publication?14:21
sil2100didrocks: (it failed merging due to the merger problems)14:22
didrocksas it started to build)14:22
cyphermox_sil2100: didrocks: was there any reason why unity8 wasn't published earlier?14:31
cyphermox_ie. the new package unity-mir?14:31
sil2100cyphermox_: some packaging fixes were needed as pointed by didrocks, then those didn't get merged by some time due to merger problems (I didn't notice it didn't get in because of that)14:33
robrudidrocks, thanks, just woke up14:43
didrocksrobru: feeling better?14:43
didrocks(still early, no?)14:43
robrudidrocks, yeah, quite a bit better. still not sure why I'm up so early though ;-)14:44
didrocksrobru: do you get to bed early?14:45
robrudidrocks, yeah, I guess I did14:45
didrockstoo early apparently :p14:45
cyphermox_didrocks: if you don't mind I'd remove indicators-client from the ppa, there's some major fubar there with trying to upload a version older than what's available in the PPA?!14:46
didrockscyphermox_: interesting, sure :)14:47
cyphermox_for the record, I disagree with removing the -dbg package in unity-mir, it's useful...14:49
didrockscyphermox_: maybe some timing issue? like the version in distro was push just when the daily was building?14:49
cyphermox_didrocks: perhaps?14:49
cyphermox_I don't know14:49
cyphermox_it shouldn't explain a .2, maybe a .1 ;D14:49
cyphermox_unity-mir also fails to build on powerpc......14:49
didrockscyphermox_: I don't see a .2?14:49
didrocks-> no .1, nor .2?14:50
cyphermox_didrocks: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/147936024/upload_4889236_log.txt14:50
cyphermox_^^ beats me14:50
didrocksinteresting :)14:51
cyphermox_indeed :)14:51
didrocksdistro has 0.31+13.10.20130703-0ubuntu114:51
cyphermox_tbh I don't care much about indicators-client anymore, but still, it should work14:51
didrockscyphermox_: seems to be a buildd issue?14:51
didrocksinstead of 0.3114:52
cyphermox_probably, the PPA doesn't have a .2 according to LP, but I'll look at the files themselves14:52
didrocksI think launchpad is mixing packages p:14:52
didrockscyphermox_: look, even the version is different14:52
didrocksnot only the .214:52
cyphermox_oh, right14:52
cyphermox_why would that version have gone down?14:52
cyphermox_there was never a 7.81 ;D14:53
cyphermox_those are unity version numbers14:53
didrockscyphermox_: yeah, it seems like it took the unity8 version14:53
didrocksfor "some" reason :p14:53
didrocksanyway, just remove it if needed14:53
didrockscyphermox_: you need to remove the jenkins job (for the esthetic/don't pollute color side) after deploying btw14:54
=== dednick|lunch is now known as dednick
didrocksthe prepare-indica…14:54
cyphermox_the what?14:54
cyphermox_I don't know that removing anything is going to fix the problem here14:55
didrocksbut yu want to remove indicators-client, right?14:55
didrocksah, only from the ppa?14:55
cyphermox_not going to fix the issue anyway14:55
didrockscyphermox_: maybe ask on #webops the launchpad guys?14:56
cyphermox_indicators-client is going to disappear soon, once we can land every indicator14:56
cyphermox_I have a meeting now14:56
didrocksI'm in a meeting as well14:56
cyphermox_attente: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6003168/15:03
sil2100didrocks: huh15:07
sil2100didrocks, cyphermox_: do you guys know what's that 7.81.3+13.10.20130816.3-0ubuntu1 indicators-client in the archives right now?15:07
sil2100Since apt-cache policy indicators-client gives me 7.81.3+13.10.20130816.3-0ubuntu115:08
sil2100While the lp:indicators-client has 0.3115:08
sil2100Because of this, we can't even build the new lp:indicators-client in our daily-build PPA15:08
attentecyphermox_, is there a way to get sbuild to cache the packages locally?15:10
cyphermox_sil2100: I asked on #webops already15:11
cyphermox_oh god15:12
cyphermox_sil2100: Package: indicators-client15:12
cyphermox_Priority: optional15:12
cyphermox_Section: universe/x1115:12
cyphermox_Installed-Size: 6715:12
cyphermox_Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>15:12
cyphermox_Architecture: amd6415:12
cyphermox_Source: unity815:12
cyphermox_oops :D15:12
cyphermox_anyway, you get the point -- unity8 ships a indicators-client now? >.<15:12
robrufginther, https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/poppler-qml-plugin-saucy-amd64-ci/2/console weird failure with CI here, please take a look15:15
robruI'm off for breakfast, back in ~3015:15
fgintherrobotfuel, looking15:21
fgintherrobotfuel, oops, wrong id15:23
fgintherrobru, jenkins.qa is down, will try again when it's back up15:24
didrocksrobru: I'm letting you setting up the branch with cyphermox_ (on the multiarch thing as well)15:31
didrocksrobru: https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch15:32
didrocksrobru: on Friday off: we discussed that during our weekly meeting ;)15:32
JackYumorning, everyone. Is there any developers could help me review the packaging request at bug #1213998?16:17
ubot2`Launchpad bug 1213998 in UbuntuKylin "[needs-packaging] youker-assistant" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/121399816:17
robrudidrocks, ok, I forgot :-P16:20
speedwagon2Hi! Is there a way to hide the top panel in unity? Maybe I am searching for the wrong expressions, I can't find too much.16:22
=== racarr_ is now known as racarr
robrudidrocks, ok, multi-arch added and MP approved. should land shortly16:28
xnoxspeedwagon2: not really, only when launching a full-screen app (e.g. pdfs, presentations, movies, etc.)16:28
speedwagon2Too bad.16:30
speedwagon2I really like the shortcuts in Unity, but might have to go back to XFCE.16:31
didrocksrobru: \o/16:32
speedwagon2xnox: anyway thanks. I already spent an hour or so googling.16:34
robrusil2100, didn't you want to talk to me about something today?16:48
sil2100robru: indeed!16:59
robrusil2100, I have a lunch meeting in about half an hour, but right now works well for me if you're free16:59
sil2100robru: ah! I'm forgetting that you're not home yet, right? ;)17:00
robrusil2100, yeah, it's been quite a journey ;-)17:00
sil2100Ok, let's check the stacks then - first, lets open up the spreadsheet17:02
sil2100The first tab usually has some pointers on what has been done and what is blocking17:03
sil2100robru: let's take this to priv not to introduce noise into the channel17:04
didrocksnoisy people! :)17:04
sil2100cyphermox_: said we're too noisy about daily-release here :<17:04
* ogra_ lifts his sleep mask by a millimeter 17:05
ogra_whats that noise here ?17:05
didrocksogra_: it's you snoring! :)17:06
ogra_didrocks, cant be i'm sleeping^Wworking hard here17:06
didrockshaha :)17:06
didrocksworking hard with a sleep mask ;)17:07
didrocksnice concept :p17:07
ogra_testing the haptic concept of the UI17:07
=== ampelbein_ is now known as Ampelbein
sil2100kenvandine: can you ACK a packaging for me? ;)17:53
sil2100kenvandine: <- does this look sane?17:53
sil2100kenvandine, cyphermox_: could you guys publish the unity8 stack if it looks ok?17:53
sil2100Since I need to run away for now17:53
cyphermox_kenvandine: I'm takingcare of it18:15
=== alex_abreu is now known as alex-abreu
rickspencer3kenvandine, fyi ... http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~rick-rickspencer3/+junk/app-lifecycle/view/head:/FriendsTab.qml19:38
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
kenvandinerickspencer3, cool!19:42
rickspencer3kenvandine, is there a way I can use something besides column_9 ?19:43
rickspencer3that seems a bit, errr, non-descriptive ;)19:43
kenvandinerickspencer3, yes... with the next api bump19:43
rickspencer3kenvandine, sweet!19:43
kenvandinei have a roleNames branch that isn't merged yet19:43
rickspencer3kenvandine, let me know when it lands and I'll update the app19:43
kenvandineit's ready, i think :)19:43
kenvandinejust haven't had anytime to get it reviewed and merged19:43
kenvandineit'll bump API version, etc19:44
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
tedgfginther, Hey, when this lands can you deploy it please?  https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/cupstream2distro-config/indicators-client-is-dead/+merge/18093620:07
fginthertedg, yes20:07
tedgfginther, Great, thanks!20:14
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
cyphermox_fginther: redeployed already? otherwise I can do it21:02
fginthercyphermox_, are you referring to ted's changes?21:02
fgintherthat's already done21:02
cyphermox_ok, cu2d-update-stack?21:02
fginthercyphermox_, no, just the upstream side21:03
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
robrufginther, can I get your input on this recent test failure? http://paste.ubuntu.com/6004365/ alex-abreu thinks it might be a jenkins/vm issue, I don't understand it myself21:21
alex-abreurobru, might be me that misunderstood the status ...21:23
alex-abreuI would have to check w/ Victor tomorrow21:25
alex-abreurobru, btw I was thinking about you right before you pinged me :)21:26
alex-abreurobru, something may have slipped while "splitting the webapps-applications package" was done, the default webapps are not installed anymore (the desktops & icons)21:27
robrualex-abreu, oh, it's possible. I wasn't clear on how to handle some of those.21:28
robrualex-abreu, which ones, amazon and u1?21:29
alex-abreurobru, I'll MR a fix21:30
alex-abreunothing fancy21:30
robrualex-abreu, anything that's missing should probably just be added back to webapps-applications... I think u1 was a special case since it didn't have any userscripts or tests, it was literally just a .desktop file. but it was never clear to me where that should live because it seemed silly to register a whole lp project just for one file.21:30
robrualex-abreu, oh, great, thanks.21:30
doomlordheh. there was me trying to compile compiz after downloading from launchpad.. gave up. now i've just tried 'apt-get source .. ' and is fine21:52
mfischrobert_ancell: is there someone who usually works on glib bugs for desktop?22:16
robert_ancellmfisch, desrt22:16
mfisch#obvious,  thanks ;)22:17
mfischdesrt: I found a bug in glib-compile-schemas that I'm working on fixing, it won't run on a directory that only contains .overrides22:17
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
doomlordis compiz on the way out with 'mir' or something22:36
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
robrudoomlord, yes, mir+unity8 are going to do away with compiz.23:13
doomlordany material on "unity8" , whats it going to be like23:14
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
doomlordoh its phone tablet desktop unification stuff23:17
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!